PDA

View Full Version : D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

richardsng_era
24-01-10, 14:29
Launching soon! Watch out for another EXCITING Condo Launch by Capitaland at former Farrer Court

Location: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_22550/travel_site_1/

1555 units at Farrer Court by Capitaland

Former Farrer Court Condo Estate Hotline: +65-92993342
Home Page: http://iPropertyFacebook.com

louisebrown
01-02-10, 16:05
Is the marketing agent CBRE?

jonleelk
01-02-10, 21:12
Is the marketing agent CBRE?

bro, u are asking an ERA agent whether is CBRE marketing this project? ;)

richardsng_era
17-04-10, 09:38
D10 Farrer Court Residences Launching Soon! Register your interest now.

For more photos, details, updates, please visit
http://www.rss-property.com/view-all-listings/showproperty/10-10-ardmore-bt-timah-farrer-holland-tanglin-rd/11-for-sale/18-project-launches/10047-d10-farrer-court-residences-developers-sale-launching-soon

sleek
12-09-10, 21:54
Condo at former Farrer Court launching soon! (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Breaking%3A+Condo+at+former+Farrer+Court+launching+soon/) :scared-1:

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2010-09-12/farrer_court_zaha_hadid.jpg (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Breaking%3A+Condo+at+former+Farrer+Court+launching+soon/)

land118
13-09-10, 00:13
Read from a few agents' site, guide price for this launch will be $1600+ psf ? Fair guide price?

august
13-09-10, 00:19
Read from a few agents' site, guide price for this launch will be $1600+ psf ? Fair guide price?

probably for the least attractive units and floor....

Regulators
13-09-10, 01:11
Everyone knows this project was en blocked at record price so whoever buys this project will be paying thru the nose, i think can consider some of the older condos around that area better.

azeoprop
13-09-10, 19:05
1555 units in only 838488sqft of land area? More crowded than minton which only have 1145 units in 115910sqft of land area. :D

cashrich
13-09-10, 19:12
cannot compare like this. Must use foot print.

What is the foot print size of the blocks in project A
versus
Foot print size of the blocks in project B.

You will get a more accurate idea of dead space and community space.

Wild Falcon
13-09-10, 21:59
Considering the outrageous price paid, I always thought the plot is bigger than that. Only 800k+ sq ft and so many units, it's horrible. each unit effectively only 500 sq ft. of "land". Can forget about future enbloc, EVER.

Maybe they will squeeze in very small units to keep price tag affordable :) Latest trend.

1555 units in only 838488sqft of land area? More crowded than minton which only have 1145 units in 115910sqft of land area. :D

Wild Falcon
13-09-10, 22:01
Don't agree. Still doesn't change the fact they squeezing in more people in the same plot with same shared facilities. Higher density living within the same area - everyone ends up having less space.

cannot compare like this. Must use foot print.

What is the foot print size of the blocks in project A
versus
Foot print size of the blocks in project B.

You will get a more accurate idea of dead space and community space.

cashrich
13-09-10, 22:29
Don't agree. Still doesn't change the fact they squeezing in more people in the same plot with same shared facilities. Higher density living within the same area - everyone ends up having less space.

There's a difference in plot ratio right? I am sharing the difference between a plot of land of the same size but one is with 5 block of low rise flat versus 3 blocks of high rise flat. Obviously the development with less blocks would give more common space even though built up may be higher.

Anyway it may not be the case here. Unless someone so free to do the study.

bargain hunter
13-09-10, 22:47
i agree with u. 15xx units squeezed into 36 storey blocks for 8xxk sq ft of land vs 11xx units squeezed into 17 storey blocks for 1.1xm sq ft of land (is that the case for minton?) may still end up with greater open spaces/unit for farrer court's case.

i shall use my favourite duchess residences as a comparison since its nearby. :D 120 units squeezed into 5 storey blocks of 150k sq ft of land. on paper, its like, wow, 1,250 sq ft of land per unit! BUT, since there are 24 stacks and each stack takes up a lot of the land the remaining communal area pretty packed between the 2 row of blocks where all units will face each other. its the same for cascadia, low rise (12 storey), many stacks, takes up a lot of space and leaving much lesser common areas than it would appear on paper given the plot of land.

There's a difference in plot ratio right? I am sharing the difference between a plot of land of the same size but one is with 5 block of low rise flat versus 3 blocks of high rise flat. Obviously the development with less blocks would give more common space even though built up may be higher.

Wild Falcon
14-09-10, 00:10
Let's say Singapore is 700 sq km. Do you think it will feel less cramped if you build skyscrapers everywhere and squeeze in 20 million people? Or 3 million people with combination of skyscrapers and low lying homes? By your analogy, a 20 million Singapore full of skyscrapers will feel less crowded and give better quality of life? I'm talking about density - you're squashing more people in a finite plot of land. Facilities and common areas will be stretched as they need to accomodate more people. If all 1555 household x 4 per household = 6,500 people comes down to take a walk in the only 800k sq ft land, you really get a headache. You're making the assumption that people stay in their homes "in the air" and don't come down and use facilities or walk around common area.

As I say land is finite, squeezing in more people in a finite plot of land will always make it more crowded than what it used to be, i.e. old Farrer Park.

DC33_2008
14-09-10, 08:55
Plot ratio and GFA are the governing factors. Capitaland may apply the same strategy for interlace over at this site given the large land area. It may have a few themes and surrounded by greenery.

cashrich
14-09-10, 09:12
Let's say Singapore is 700 sq km. Do you think it will feel less cramped if you build skyscrapers everywhere and squeeze in 20 million people? Or 3 million people with combination of skyscrapers and low lying homes? By your analogy, a 20 million Singapore full of skyscrapers will feel less crowded and give better quality of life? I'm talking about density - you're squashing more people in a finite plot of land. Facilities and common areas will be stretched as they need to accomodate more people. If all 1555 household x 4 per household = 6,500 people comes down to take a walk in the only 800k sq ft land, you really get a headache. You're making the assumption that people stay in their homes "in the air" and don't come down and use facilities or walk around common area.

As I say land is finite, squeezing in more people in a finite plot of land will always make it more crowded than what it used to be, i.e. old Farrer Park.

oic, ok

Singapore is really getting cramped. You better be happy with more people on this small island, they help to drive up prices of...what else but properties. Without them, we will not be where we are.

By your argument, all our parks are not big enough either. If they all go at the same time at the same place.

BY current pricing, most people have to work longer hours at work, spend less time in their condo, that would work. Someone wrote in the papers that we might really have a problem if our population goes beyond 6.3 million.

A possible solution? develop islands and go underground.

DC33_2008
14-09-10, 09:16
This is possible as garment have invested heavily in the complex mrt network for more than 6.5 mil.

gn108
14-09-10, 09:57
Possible - does not mean comfortable.
I reckon no issue to build higher and more dense to accomodate 6.x m in SG.
ISsue for me is the road/rail infrastructure. We all start abt the same time, many go to the same area (CBD).

Imagine this in the future - population of 6.x m, a Monday, heavy rain (slow traffic), a few minor accidents on the expressways and with some (ageing) MRT lines to have some form of service failure = "Blackswan" transport gridlock mayhem. Impossible?

This is possible as garment have invested heavily in the complex mrt network for more than 6.5 mil.

teddybear
14-09-10, 12:36
According to you scenario, I see bigger and bigger gap between CCR and OCR private property prices (& even HDB flats) as people will try to move closer to central region for easier and faster time to work, to school, to shopping etc by driving and even public transport (and avoid having to squeeze like sardine & stand for the whole 1 hour journey on MRT & bus!)

Possible - does not mean comfortable.
I reckon no issue to build higher and more dense to accomodate 6.x m in SG.
ISsue for me is the road/rail infrastructure. We all start abt the same time, many go to the same area (CBD).

Imagine this in the future - population of 6.x m, a Monday, heavy rain (slow traffic), a few minor accidents on the expressways and with some (ageing) MRT lines to have some form of service failure = "Blackswan" transport gridlock mayhem. Impossible?

Condorich
14-09-10, 13:52
According to you scenario, I see bigger and bigger gap between CCR and OCR private property prices (& even HDB flats) as people will try to move closer to central region for easier and faster time to work, to school, to shopping etc by driving and even public transport (and avoid having to squeeze like sardine & stand for the whole 1 hour journey on MRT & bus!)

That observation is correct.

However, please note that Singapore is unique. We have statelite towns, regional centers which can be as good as core city (wtih qualifier). That's why u see spike in prices that don't really fit into the concept, AMK prices, Jurong Prices, Tampines Prices. ERP and Car issues will also support your point.

Singapore also builds its rail system like a spider web as compared to grid like nature. The king will be at the center of the spider web, the other small spiders could find spots outside the center. That's why Condo and HDB's in town are so expansive.

focus
14-09-10, 14:38

I think all regions will experience growth if govt's initiatives are successful.

CCR and RCR will be catering for the City workers while OCR will be good for the regional hubs.

You can see govt is trying to de-clutter the city central by having lower-value office activities farm out to the regional hubs
like Tampines/Singapore Expo area and intensifying industrial activities at Jurong Lake
while the intellectual stuff is happening in biopolis area. Aerospace hub in seletar(though this one i am not sure how many workers they need or the size of the industry).

teddybear
14-09-10, 16:11
Yap, higher paying intellectual jobs in central region, lower paying manufacturing and industrial activities in OCRs. This means central regions properties will go up more due to better affordability of people working in CCR and wanting to live in CCR while others will prefer to move to OCR, thus helping CCR to be an even better living place with less traffic jams and human traffic. Good good! :D

I think all regions will experience growth if govt's initiatives are successful.

CCR and RCR will be catering for the City workers while OCR will be good for the regional hubs.

You can see govt is trying to de-clutter the city central by having lower-value office activities farm out to the regional hubs
like Tampines/Singapore Expo area and intensifying industrial activities at Jurong Lake
while the intellectual stuff is happening in biopolis area. Aerospace hub in seletar(though this one i am not sure how many workers they need or the size of the industry).

bargain hunter
15-09-10, 21:55
surprisingly, today's release of URA data showed some details of what could be this project:

An eye-popping 1715 units (most ever in singapore?) of Strata-Landed/Non-Landed Development bordered by King's Road, Leeden Heights and Farrer Road.

land118
15-09-10, 23:45
surprisingly, today's release of URA data showed some details of what could be this project:

An eye-popping 1715 units (most ever in singapore?) of Strata-Landed/Non-Landed Development bordered by King's Road, Leeden Heights and Farrer Road.

Do you have the ura website link? I would like to read-Thanks.. Thought in some Agent website they say 1555 units. Wow, 1715 is 160 units more.

august
15-09-10, 23:57
split into MM units lor lol

devilplate
16-09-10, 00:11
17xx units...probably takes 3-4 phases.....

phase 1 buyers higher chance of winning ??

august
16-09-10, 00:19
17xx units...probably takes 3-4 phases.....

phase 1 buyers higher chance of winning ??

will also get the worst floors and stacks lol

devilplate
16-09-10, 00:21
will also get the worst floors and stacks lol

duno whether got cheap low flr poolview anot?

this project will be very very high profile...:D

august
16-09-10, 00:43
duno whether got cheap low flr poolview anot?

this project will be very very high profile...:D

for sure i will go look see and kp ~

bargain hunter
16-09-10, 11:40
actually all i have written is all that can be derived from that table.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf

choose the august 2010 sales.

scroll down to "CONDOMINUIM DEVELOPMENT/ST HOUSING DEVELOPMENT" under Project Name.

Do you have the ura website link? I would like to read-Thanks.. Thought in some Agent website they say 1555 units. Wow, 1715 is 160 units more.

land118
16-09-10, 18:03
actually all i have written is all that can be derived from that table.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf

choose the august 2010 sales.

scroll down to "CONDOMINUIM DEVELOPMENT/ST HOUSING DEVELOPMENT" under Project Name.

Ya...got it..., screenshot attached from this link

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitSearch.do

land118
22-09-10, 09:06
Sep 14 2010
Market flux will settle soon: CapitaLand exec (http://www.aboutsingaporeproperty.com/market-flux-will-settle-soon-capitaland-exec/)

Launch of condo project on Farrer Court site will go ahead by year-end
RECENT policy moves to cool the local property market have created some ‘flux’, but things should ‘settle’ in a couple of months, the chief executive of CapitaLand’s Singapore residential arm said yesterday.
‘We think there is currently some flux in the (property) market,’ said Wong Heang Fine.
‘People are not really sure what to expect from the recent government measures. But we think it will settle in a couple of months.’
CapitaLand will go ahead with the launch of its condominium project on the former Farrer Court site in Farrer Road by year-end. CapitaLand paid a record $1.3 billion for the 99-year leasehold site in a collective sale in 2007 and now intends to build more than 1,500 units on it.
The prices of units have not been fixed yet, Mr Wong said.
Market sources say that besides the Farrer Road project, CapitaLand is getting ready to roll out The Nassim, a 55-unit project in Nassim Hill on the former ANA Hotel site.
CapitaLand also gave the media and analysts an update yesterday on its plans for a mixed-use site at Bedok Town Centre which it bought this month in a government tender.
CapitaLand and its retail spin-off CapitaMalls Asia submitted the top bid of $788.9 million or $841 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) – 21 per cent higher than the second-highest bid of $650.9 million or $694 psf ppr.
Mr Wong said the joint bid was bullish because the 99-year leasehold site has great potential.
The plan is to build a three-storey shopping mall and a condominium with around 500 units on it.
The mall, which will be linked to a bus interchange and Bedok MRT station, is projected to have a capital value of around $3,000 psf of net lettable area when it is completed in 2014.
And the residential component – which will consist of mainly two- and three-bedroom apartments – could be launched as early as next year.

Source: Business Times, 14 Sep 2010

bargain hunter
22-09-10, 09:13
From BT today :) :

"CapitaLand recently said that it will go ahead with the launch of its new 1,715-unit condominium on the former Farrer Court site in Farrer Road by the end of this year.
The chief executive of the group's Singapore residential arm, Wong Heang Fine, said that while the new government measures have created some 'flux' in the market, things should 'settle in a couple of months'.
The launch of the Farrer Road project will be closely watched as it is the largest single residential development likely to be offered to homebuyers in the near future.
CapitaLand is likely to hedge its bets by rolling out the development in phases, similar to what City Developments and the Hong Leong Group did with their 642-unit NV Residences in Pasir Ris."

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 08:21
CAPITALAND has started marketing D'Leedon, the 1,715-unit, 99-year leasehold residential project it will build on the site of the former Farrer Court.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-11-23/BT_IMAGES_UMPROP23.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:openwindow('/local/picturepopup/0,4661,153106-60000,00.html?');)In bloom: D'Leedon will comprise seven high-end residential towers and 12 villas

The D'Leedon showflat has been built and agents have started distributing flyers to prospective buyers.
Units in the District 10 project on Farrer Road will mostly be priced upwards of $1,600 per sq ft (psf) for the most part, BT understands.
In terms of the number of units, D'Leedon is believed to be the largest single condominium project ever in Singapore.

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 08:23
that's all that they could come up with for the name, D'Leedon. :doh:

amk
23-11-10, 09:05
my feeling exactly. huh ? D'Leedon ?

agent telling me 1+1 600 sqft launching now, must submit cheque to ballot.

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 09:12
even capitaland mega project has 1+1 these days hahaha. i thought interlace's compact 2 bedders were as small as it gets for them. r we going to get an avalanche of 1+1 in the future?!

my feeling exactly. huh ? D'Leedon ?

agent telling me 1+1 600 sqft launching now, must submit cheque to ballot.

august
23-11-10, 09:16
even capitaland mega project has 1+1 these days hahaha. i thought interlace's compact 2 bedders were as small as it gets for them. r we going to get an avalanche of 1+1 in the future?!

interlace 2 bedder quite gd size, around 1000 sqft leh, got balconies one even bigger ~

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 09:26
at interlace, they have the 1055 sq ft ones but they also have the 8xx sq ft compact ones. i was referring to those. i thought those were the smallest capitaland would go. ;)

interlace 2 bedder quite gd size, around 1000 sqft leh, got balconies one even bigger ~

amk
23-11-10, 10:02
well dun take my agent's word as fact yet. newspaper claimed the smallest unit is 900 sqft.

mantrix
23-11-10, 10:05
at interlace, they have the 1055 sq ft ones but they also have the 8xx sq ft compact ones. i was referring to those. i thought those were the smallest capitaland would go. ;)

For mega projects like this (and recently The Minton) I would jokingly advise one to get the smallest cheapest unit. The facilities will be comprehensive and luxurious due to the size of project but you'll enjoy it as much as anyone else despite you paying less in terms of price and maintenance. Use it as a weekend / vacation home and invite 20 family members and friends to fully utilize the facilities! (Words of ugly singaporean)

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 10:13
ok, but maybe that was the old plan. 900 sq ft smallest unit and fewer units. but i remembered the number of units was only recently increased to 1715 so maybe 600 sq ft units have been carved out afterall. :scared-4:

well dun take my agent's word as fact yet. newspaper claimed the smallest unit is 900 sqft.

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 10:14
now, that makes me wonder if the facilities can support 1715 units and some ugly singaporeans and their friends hehehe. :)

For mega projects like this (and recently The Minton) I would jokingly advise one to get the smallest cheapest unit. The facilities will be comprehensive and luxurious due to the size of project but you'll enjoy it as much as anyone else despite you paying less in terms of price and maintenance. Use it as a weekend / vacation home and invite 20 family members and friends to fully utilize the facilities! (Words of ugly singaporean)

august
23-11-10, 10:18

nowadays ugly singaporeans are replaced by ugly "foreigners" of certain nationalities who bring their friends and tribes on wkends and hog condo facilities..

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 10:20
tribes?!?!?!?! :doh: dun buy condo better liao. :mad:

nowadays ugly singaporeans are replaced by ugly "foreigners" of certain nationalities who bring their friends and tribes on wkends and hog condo facilities..

august
23-11-10, 10:23
tribes?!?!?!?! :doh: dun buy condo better liao. :mad:

it is inevitable.. nearly 1 in 2 resident on the island is now a foreigner
and most of them are from "aspiring" nations ~

mantrix
23-11-10, 10:30
now, that makes me wonder if the facilities can support 1715 units and some ugly singaporeans and their friends hehehe. :)

not if all think like me! hahaha :D

mantrix
23-11-10, 10:33

this is sooooooo true....the more facilities there are, the more accessible it is, the more it will be exploited by these foreign tribes and entourages.

The same qualities that pushes up the psf of a project become a double-edged sword...:scared-1:

bargain hunter
23-11-10, 10:33
august just said not only singaporeans but foreigners also. :doh:

i will stick to old condos which hopefully won't attract such pple. :ashamed1:

not if all think like me! hahaha :D

stalingrad
23-11-10, 11:06
it is inevitable.. nearly 1 in 2 resident on the island is now a foreigner
and most of them are from "aspiring" nations ~

Are you referring to the Makena?

sh
23-11-10, 16:43
CAPITALAND has started marketing D'Leedon, the 1,715-unit, 99-year leasehold residential project it will build on the site of the former Farrer Court.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-11-23/BT_IMAGES_UMPROP23.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:openwindow('/local/picturepopup/0,4661,153106-60000,00.html?');)In bloom: D'Leedon will comprise seven high-end residential towers and 12 villas

The D'Leedon showflat has been built and agents have started distributing flyers to prospective buyers.
Units in the District 10 project on Farrer Road will mostly be priced upwards of $1,600 per sq ft (psf) for the most part, BT understands.
In terms of the number of units, D'Leedon is believed to be the largest single condominium project ever in Singapore.

has anyone seen the plans? looking at the "iconic" shape, the plans are going to be irregular. Irregular may be fine for large units, but it's going to be screwed up for small units.

I hate the name too... pretend to be french... there nothing french about it. french = high class meh:confused:

valkri
23-11-10, 17:22
What kind of a name is D'Leedon? It's not French. Grammar is wrong. Don't think it could be European either.

Sounds like it should be in the category of words like boomz, hiaz, etc... but for $1600psf? :doh:

devilplate
23-11-10, 17:25
MM units in this project will be super HOT...hopefully 20% max for 1bedder

nice promising project with gd views

sh
23-11-10, 17:31
What kind of a name is D'Leedon? It's not French. Grammar is wrong. Don't think it could be European either.

Sounds like it should be in the category of words like boomz, hiaz, etc... but for $1600psf? :doh:

hmmm.... not french, not european....

Must be capitalandish:doh:

proud owner
23-11-10, 21:59
has anyone seen the plans? looking at the "iconic" shape, the plans are going to be irregular. Irregular may be fine for large units, but it's going to be screwed up for small units.

I hate the name too... pretend to be french... there nothing french about it. french = high class meh:confused:

close to holland road mah

so use something frenchy

august
23-11-10, 22:24
really horrible name lol

proud owner
23-11-10, 22:51
really horrible name lol

sounds like Deleted

maybe The Leedon is simple and nice

bargain hunter
24-11-10, 00:16
the worst part is many boutique projects are already D' something e.g. D'cambridge, D'banyan, D'Castila, D'casita, D'Mira, D'Almira, D'Fresco, D'ixoras, etc etc.

why would capitaland want to name singapore's biggest residential project (by no. of units) similarly?! :doh:

sounds like Deleted

maybe The Leedon is simple and nice

august
24-11-10, 00:24
the worst part is many boutique projects are already D' something e.g. D'cambridge, D'banyan, D'Castila, D'casita, D'Mira, D'Almira, D'Fresco, D'ixoras, etc etc.

why would capitaland want to name singapore's biggest residential project (by no. of units) similarly?! :doh:

it was an honest mistake to over pay for the enbloc
now another honest mistake in the naming? lol

azeoprop
24-11-10, 06:35
The next condo name will be D'Isaster :rolleyes:

24-11-10, 08:00
Or maybe they should name it D'inosaur for the sheer size and the time they took to launch it. :D

mantrix
24-11-10, 09:30

*one person likes this*

august
24-11-10, 10:50
haha funny ~ :D

mantrix
24-11-10, 14:09
» China buyers home in on S'pore properties
Business Times: Wed, Nov 24
(SINGAPORE) Home hunters from China are becoming a force to be reckoned with in Singapore, and their presence could grow further as the authorities on the mainland and in Hong Kong clamp down on real estate speculation. Analysing the caveats lodged...

(SINGAPORE) Home hunters from China are becoming a force to be reckoned with in Singapore, and their presence could grow further as the authorities on the mainland and in Hong Kong clamp down on real estate speculation.
Analysing the caveats lodged, property consultancy DTZ found that the Chinese accounted for 20 per cent of private home transactions involving foreigners and permanent residents (PRs) in the third quarter. This proportion is the highest since official data was available from 1995.
The Chinese became the second-largest group of non-Singaporean buyers, on a par with Indonesians. Malaysians took top spot with a 21 per cent share, and Indians ranked fourth with 14 per cent.
On the whole, foreigners and PRs accounted for 23 per cent of the 7,888 private-home transactions in the third quarter.
Singaporeans bought the majority of homes and had a 73 per cent share. Companies were involved in the remaining 3 per cent.
The presence of Chinese buyers has grown significantly since 2007, DTZ said. Just a quarter earlier in Q2, they made up 17 per cent of non-Singaporean private home buyers, coming in third behind Malaysians and Indonesians.
Their share of transactions 'may go up further as recent property market curbs in China could prompt more mainland Chinese buyers to turn their attention overseas', DTZ said.
The Chinese government has introduced a raft of rules to cool the property market in the last few months. These include a suspension of mortgages for third homes, higher interest rates, and larger down payments for homes. A property tax is now said to be on the cards.
Hong Kong has also stepped up efforts to weed out property speculators.
Just a few days ago, the authorities imposed a special stamp duty on property transactions with short holding periods - those reselling their properties within six months would be taxed as much as 15 per cent of the total transaction amount.
Chinese buyers are probably expecting limited upside from investing in property at home as more measures come into play, said Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui. As a result, some of them could turn to Singapore.
Anecdotally, quite a number of Chinese also buy property in Hong Kong, so rule changes there would also have an effect, he added.
Savills residential director Phylicia Ang agreed that policy tightening on the mainland could lead more Chinese property buyers here. But she pointed out that many purchase homes in Singapore not so much for investment, but because they become PRs or have family members studying here.
'Singapore is one of those cities that they are comfortable with,' said Knight Frank managing director (residential services) Peter Ow.
A number of them become acquainted with the property market here through their private bankers or local developers with offices in China, such as Far East Organization, he added.
The topic of foreigners buying property in Singapore is a touchy one, especially at a time of rising home prices. Singapore has introduced several measures to keep the property market stable since September last year.
On Monday, Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said that 'the government will continue to monitor the situation closely and take additional steps, if necessary, to ensure financial stability and sustainable asset markets'.
Most property consultants do not expect the authorities here to tighten policies as sharply as Hong Kong did - at least for the time being. The rate of price escalation for non-landed private homes has slowed in the third quarter and the government may wait to see how prices move for the rest of the year, said Credo's Mr Ong.
The market will be watching CapitaLand's launch of D'Leedon closely for signs of where private home prices are headed. A preview of the project is said to be taking place this week, with asking prices mostly above $1,600 per square foot.

Source: Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.

devilplate
24-11-10, 17:40
wasted....:(

big prime land, nice views....silly name? lol

King Residence, residences@farrer, King's xxx(park, palace etc also sounds better?)

EBD
24-11-10, 17:58

D' anything is just stupid. Want to sound classy but comes across as ah beng trying to be classy.

Especially as most are grammatically incorrect - " De " means "of" in French but is shortened to "D' " if the following word starts with a vowel.

L is a vowel? I have no idea what French people must think of us murdering their language.

Wild Falcon
24-11-10, 19:05
Should have just stuck to Farrer Court. Simple and unpretentious. But I think this might do very well? It appears the bros here are quite excited? 1km to NYPS and "GCB" address (Leedon wor!) :) Cannot imagine >1700 units though. Would be a nightmare just to drive out of the place. I don't find the location very prime. If there is one area that I think is overvalued, it is Holland Road/Ulu Pandan vicinity. No future development - near GCBs but it is not a GCB but an ordinary condo. Close to the Farrar MRT station but that station probably needs to take 2 stops to interchange at Buona Vista which means it is actually further from the city than Clementi. That's why the developer needs to use the "Leedon" name to make the place more appealing. Otherwise, the area is ordinary.

amk
24-11-10, 19:14
The address is ### king's road.

I have seen the released site plan and floor plan. Very irregular shape due to the petal design.

Traffic out from this condo is going to be a challenge. The empress rd into farrer rd is closed at morning and evening peak hrs.

bargain hunter
24-11-10, 22:07
they may change the traffic flow since its such a big development and its BECOZ its capitaland? :D

The address is ### king's road.

I have seen the released site plan and floor plan. Very irregular shape due to the petal design.

Traffic out from this condo is going to be a challenge. The empress rd into farrer rd is closed at morning and evening peak hrs.

Lord Anus
24-11-10, 23:31
D'SIAOSIAO

august
25-11-10, 09:34
King's Residences would be fantastic! :scared-5:

condolisa
25-11-10, 09:47
Or Kingkong Residences :D

amk
25-11-10, 10:03
they may change the traffic flow since its such a big development and its BECOZ its capitaland? :D

wah lau like that also can meh ? during peak hr if u stop the flow at that traffic light, huge jam is going to happen.

today vvvvvip booking ... let's see any news tomorrow ...

Wild Falcon
25-11-10, 10:54
99LH with 1750 units in a location with no unique attributes other than having some GCB nearby. This is as mass market as can be if one look at the merit of the development and not attribute a snob value to the GCBs. One must be truly desperate to get their child into NYPS to squeeze into this leasehd monstrosity.

rattydrama
25-11-10, 14:46
Is there any further incentive to stay in D10 since ratio could be 1:10 for school of choice? The upside will be restricted.

bargain hunter
25-11-10, 15:10
that's what i think. when all the new condos are completed, all those branded schools along bukit timah will require balloting within 1km. not worth it any more.

Is there any further incentive to stay in D10 since ratio could be 1:10 for school of choice? The upside will be restricted.

devilplate
25-11-10, 15:10
given such a huge # of units...wud there be 2 entrances/exits?

the flrplan not too bad...only toilets r odd shaped BUT still got baywindows and planters although not excessive

the view towards the GCB shd be quite nice? >10th flr shd be quite nice oredi

usually phase 1 buyers will make some $$ IF developer increase their prices later on and given high breakeven cost of around 1350psf, is 1600-1800psf a gd entry point?

azeoprop
25-11-10, 16:08
Did the developer top up the lease to 2010? :beats-me-man:

shauntanzs
25-11-10, 18:13
Surely they do.. If not who would want to buy??? Maybe 2009 not 2010.

azeoprop
25-11-10, 19:26
This Farrer court was enbloc-ed in 2007. So the lease start from 2007 and not 2010? :beats-me-man:

This is true for sales of The Minton, lease start 27/07/2007. :tsk-tsk:

kingkong1984
25-11-10, 20:40
Or Kingkong Residences :D
I like this, king gong also can.

amk
25-11-10, 21:00
given such a huge # of units...wud there be 2 entrances/exits?

Yes I think there r 2. One at leedon side, one at king's rd side.

Abt bt timah school balloting, starting from last yr all have to ballot within 1yr already. So no much diff.
The only thing that does standout is, the location is indeed central enough. If u could figure out a way to get into holland rd , or farrer rd.

devilplate
25-11-10, 21:19
recvd sms stating first 100 units of 2bedders promotion from 1400psf (first 14th flrs) via chq balloting....

trying to cr8 a hype? hmm:rolleyes:

kingkong1984
25-11-10, 22:05
I think its clear stock and keep the better ones. How? True?

shauntanzs
25-11-10, 22:18
1400psf sounds reaonable in today market

sleek
25-11-10, 22:36
d'Leedon new condo at former Farrer Court site (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1095586/1/.html)
Posted: 25 November 2010 2244 hrs

SINGAPORE: A consortium led by developer CapitaLand has unveiled a new development on the site of the former Farrer Court.

Called d'Leedon, the new condominium along Farrer Road will have 1,715 units built on the 840,049-square-foot site.

They comprise 1,703 apartments in seven 36-storey residential towers and 12 exclusive semi-detached houses.

CapitaLand says the residential towers occupy only 22 percent of the site, freeing up a landscaped area of over 650,000 square feet dedicated to greenery and recreational facilities.

The first preview sales to former owners of Farrer Court will be held this weekend, followed by the public launch. This first launch will be for 200 choice units located across all floors in two residential towers, with unit types ranging from one-bedroom-and-study to four-bedroom units. The average price of the units is S$1,680 per square foot.

d'Leedon also features a cluster of 80 units specially designed to be elderly-friendly.

- CNA/ir

august
25-11-10, 23:25
This Farrer court was enbloc-ed in 2007. So the lease start from 2007 and not 2010? :beats-me-man:

This is true for sales of The Minton, lease start 27/07/2007. :tsk-tsk:

saw the fact sheet, lease starts Apr 2010

bargain hunter
25-11-10, 23:31
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_51B924FC8F242968482577E60032761F/$file/Press_Release_d_Leedon.pdf?openelement

stalingrad
26-11-10, 06:59
not going to buy. for that kind of price, one is better off buying two free hold condos in suburban areas, one free hold condo at bukit timah.

kingkong1984
26-11-10, 07:20
not going to buy. for that kind of price, one is better off buying two free hold condos in suburban areas, one free hold condo at bukit timah.
Yup, buy fh mm near mrt.

bargain hunter
26-11-10, 07:49
Average selling price is $1,680 psf; or under $1m for a one-plus-study unit

CAPITALAND will release 200 units of its highly anticipated 1,715-unit residential project, d'Leedon, this weekend for sale to former owners of Farrer Court, who sold the land to CapitaLand in 2007.

CapitaLand said that the public launch of the 99-year leasehold residential project on Farrer Road will be 'soon' after this preview.

The units that will be on sale range from one-plus- study to four-bedroom units. The average selling price is $1,680 per square foot (psf), which translates to below $1 million for the smallest units to $1.5 million for a two-bedder.

Yesterday, CapitaLand Residential Singapore's chief executive Wong Heang Fine said that interest in d'Leedon seems to be good, with 300 of Farrer Court's 600-odd residents indicating that they would come to the preview.

devilplate
26-11-10, 08:18
the 1+study layout: study area is more suitable to partition up to become a store room...hehe:D

ard 1mil for 1+study....can fetch 3.5k pm meh?:rolleyes:

DC33_2008
26-11-10, 08:23
Rental competition will be stiff here given such a large development?

stalingrad
26-11-10, 08:52
the problem is that capitaland paid too much for the en bloc. It is a mistake that capitaland made that the buyers of this project will have to bear the consequence of. for that, I will not buy. I will probably buy into a FH project in D21 for half the price.

DC33_2008
26-11-10, 08:53
Pine Grove enbloc will be unlikely to go through with no walking distance mrt and good schools?
the problem is that capitaland paid too much for the en bloc. It is a mistake that capitaland made that the buyers of this project will have to bear the consequence of. for that, I will not buy. I will probably buy into a FH project in D21 for half the price.

Wild Falcon
26-11-10, 09:45
Some parts of Holland and Ulu Pandan are clearly over-valued - bad traffic and not exactly central (further from town than Clementi or even Jurong). They're just "lucky" from the arbitrary line drawn into D10 and some non-discerning buyers (as u can see from this forum, there are LOTS of them who dunno how to discern quality unless someone tell them it's branded) who only know how to follow our government district number. Not apparent now but WILL very apparent when new MRT lines are being rolled-out to exclusively private estates.

As for d'Leedon, it can still ride on the "borrowed" prestige from the GCBs nearby. It's catered for people who like to say "because my neighbours are rich, therefore I am rich" kind of people - even if it's just 99LH with 1700 units cramped into a land area that is not exactly huge and will never be able to enbloc in the future EVER. And sitting near to a useless circle line station that will take forever to reach the new downtown with 2 interchanges (will take longer commuting time than JURONG) and will look woefully inferior and inadequate once new Bukit Timah line gets completed.

Pine Grove enbloc will be unlikely to go through with no walking distance mrt and good schools?

devilplate
26-11-10, 10:08
i actually quite like this exciting project wor....except for tat silly project name...lol

too many units yes....but 7x% land set aside for landscaping/facilities....pretty exciting leh....and majority got nice view...

sounds like tat sms stating 1400psf is highly fallacious....:doh:
at average 1700psf...me not keen:D .....rather buy 1bedder at spottiswoode? :D

august
26-11-10, 10:20

laguna more likely to go through before Pine grove lor...

devilplate
26-11-10, 10:23
laguna more likely to go through before Pine grove lor...

both unlikely to go thru within this current biz cycle...lol:p

august
26-11-10, 10:25
i actually quite like this exciting project wor....except for tat silly project name...lol

too many units yes....but 7x% land set aside for landscaping/facilities....pretty exciting leh....and majority got nice view...

1400psf could be for the landed villas or penthouses, those are 3xxx-6xxx sqft in size which may then work out to be anything from 4.2mil to 8.4mil :eek:

typical capitaland pattern they selling in phases and phase 1 always to clear the less desirable stacks 1st..

august
26-11-10, 10:27
both unlikely to go thru within this current biz cycle...lol:p
yah i also feel the same ~ :o

devilplate
26-11-10, 10:27
1400psf could be for the landed villas or penthouses, those are 3xxx-6xxx sqft in size which may then work out to be anything from 4.2mil to 8.4mil :eek:

typical capitaland pattern they selling in phases and phase 1 always to clear the less desirable stacks 1st..

tat agt told me first 100 units of 2bedders gg for special price from 1400psf leh...i now suspect he is jus trying to collect as much chq.....:tsk-tsk:

i dun mind getting a let say 10th flr, 783sqft 2bedder at 1450psf:D ...but i can dream on? haha:ashamed1:

DC33_2008
26-11-10, 10:30
Have you not bought a unit at spottiewoode?

august
26-11-10, 10:32
tat agt told me first 100 units of 2bedders gg for special price from 1400psf leh...i now suspect he is jus trying to collect as much chq.....:tsk-tsk:

i dun mind getting a let say 10th flr, 783sqft 2bedder at 1450psf:D ...but i can dream on? haha:ashamed1:

hehe 1400psf is selling at cost liao if u work backwards to how much developer paid for the enbloc :o

my agent is in developer marketing team, still no pricing info released leh... so all the pricing in the mkt is mostly agents fishing for interest and checks ~

DC33_2008
26-11-10, 10:32
Capitaland's project has usually not too bad landscaping. It will entice quite a bit of buyers with a posh showflat.

august
26-11-10, 10:38
Capitaland's project has usually not too bad landscaping. It will entice quite a bit of buyers with a posh showflat.

i saw pics of the showroom liao from last night's event, almost like a showcase of the architect zaha whoever.. the showroom is probably the biggest and looks grand.. agent say got golf carts to ferry u up the hill :p

but problem is the layout, slant here slant there with odd shape..

devilplate
26-11-10, 10:41
Have you not bought a unit at spottiewoode?

nope....dun like the layout and E-W facing...

DC33_2008
26-11-10, 10:45
May sell like Interlace.
i saw pics of the showroom liao from last night's event, almost like a showcase of the architect zaha whoever.. the showroom is probably the biggest and looks grand.. agent say got golf carts to ferry u up the hill :p

but problem is the layout, slant here slant there with odd shape..

stalingrad
26-11-10, 15:22
May sell like Interlace.

it seems that the hoopla surrounding the interlace has died down. No one cares about this project anymore. the media have not mentioned this project for months.

disaster for those invested in the project?

kingkong1984
26-11-10, 15:30
Its like tat, it needs more time. This area near town although no mrt.

stalingrad
26-11-10, 16:22
Its like tat, it needs more time. This area near town although no mrt.
according to ura data, only 570 out of 1040 units have been sold.

D'Leedon is probably going to meet the same fate. yawn!!! but it is close to circle line mrt, and probably will be better received. but the pricing is high.

Jadey
26-11-10, 18:03
I believe Capitaland is targeting at the Chinese buyer for this project.
I wont be surprise the Chinese name for D'Leedon will sound good in chinese.
Just like 1680psf average price.

kingkong1984
26-11-10, 18:36
得犁灯 hahaha 1688 hahaha , might as well 1888. 等狸等。等等等

Wild Falcon
26-11-10, 18:38
Anything that sounds vaguely French will be appealing to PRC buyers :)

BTW, all the bros/sis have spelt d'Leedon wrongly! It's small "d" ok? :doh:

I believe Capitaland is targeting at the Chinese buyer for this project.
I wont be surprise the Chinese name for D'Leedon will sound good in chinese.
Just like 1680psf average price.

stalingrad
26-11-10, 19:10
how every capitaland project has such lousy floor plans. irregular shapes and lots of useless space. taking into account the these factors, price psf is about 2000. huge aircon ledges to boot.

the interlace, now d'Leedon. the principle is to sacrifice the interior on the altar of the exterior.

august
27-11-10, 00:11
according to ura data, only 570 out of 1040 units have been sold.

D'Leedon is probably going to meet the same fate. yawn!!! but it is close to circle line mrt, and probably will be better received. but the pricing is high.

dats bcos Capitaland only launch 600 units to date, the rest still waiting for phase 3 launch ~

Wild Falcon
27-11-10, 10:53
Cannot wait too long - otherwise become stale bread already. Once TOP with lots of empty units, it would be very hard to sell. Yes, developers can lease out the empty unit - but for developers like Capitaland that is probably classified as "foreign" with foreign shareholders, it would have to sell within 2 years (new law that prohibits hoarding of units). Nobody like to pay a huge premium to buy units that have been previously tenanted out.

These developers are just greedy. They thought they could sell at better price coming to TOP. End up like those high end condos, TOP with many units unsold. Worst still, now they are no longer allowed to hoard units post TOP to artificially inflate the price.

dats bcos Capitaland only launch 600 units to date, the rest still waiting for phase 3 launch ~

stalingrad
27-11-10, 11:35
if I was liew mun lian, I would be very nervous now. I blew the interlace, which has this lego-stack design that no one likes. Now, I am selling d'Leedon. If I blew this one too, my job may be take away from me.

Squall8888
27-11-10, 14:49
I thought interlace is 50% sold? They only launch 50% anyway. More than breakeven considering the price they bought the land at.

if I was liew mun lian, I would be very nervous now. I blew the interlace, which has this lego-stack design that no one likes. Now, I am selling d'Leedon. If I blew this one too, my job may be take away from me.

stalingrad
27-11-10, 15:04
I thought interlace is 50% sold? They only launch 50% anyway. More than breakeven considering the price they bought the land at.

not all the units launched have been sold. Besides, you think capitaland would have held on to the other 50% if demand were high? no one has talked about the interlace for ages.

shauntanzs
27-11-10, 15:08
Many of the reporter overstated the construction cost. The break-even cost for most condo is much lower than thought. Imagine Capland needs to sell 85% min to break-even, confirm liew will be sweating..

I know some china contractor cam build a condo at less than 100psf ppr. But the more realistic figure is between 150-200psf.

The final as built price is always much much lower than the initial budgeting...

EBD
27-11-10, 18:30
Anything that sounds vaguely French will be appealing to PRC buyers :)

BTW, all the bros/sis have spelt d'Leedon wrongly! It's small "d" ok? :doh:
No, spelt incorrectly, just capitalised wrong.:doh: :doh:

august
27-11-10, 20:46
not all the units launched have been sold. Besides, you think capitaland would have held on to the other 50% if demand were high? no one has talked about the interlace for ages.

interlace, 590 units launched, 570 sold, 20 unsold
seems pretty gd result to me ~

kingkong1984
28-11-10, 07:02
Many of the reporter overstated the construction cost. The break-even cost for most condo is much lower than thought. Imagine Capland needs to sell 85% min to break-even, confirm liew will be sweating..

I know some china contractor cam build a condo at less than 100psf ppr. But the more realistic figure is between 150-200psf.

The final as built price is always much much lower than the initial budgeting...
Yes. A lot of leaks along the way. Suppress or inflate con cost to do some book cooking.

august
28-11-10, 12:43
update from agent.. blk 11 (closest to main rd) mid floor 2 bedder sold 1.59mil :cool:

stalingrad
28-11-10, 13:01
update from agent.. blk 11 (closest to main rd) mid floor 2 bedder sold 1.59mil :cool:

congrats. one down, and 1,749 to go.

bargain hunter
28-11-10, 14:05
so total how many sold? agent able to find out?

devilplate
28-11-10, 14:10
So wats the psf? 1600psf? I cant wait for public launch haha

stalingrad
28-11-10, 14:18
don't get too excited. with 1,749 to go, this project will still be half unsold by this time next year.

was told by an agent, who claims to be on the developer's sales team, the pricing range is 1400 to 1600psf.

august
28-11-10, 14:30

$15xx psf, but these are discounted pricing only for ex-owners
public launch shld be higher ~

kingkong1984
28-11-10, 14:37
It will still sell well, as it is due to location.

azeoprop
28-11-10, 14:40
Found a site plan here:
http://formerfarrercourt.com/images/stories/dleedon%20site%20plan.jpg

Wild Falcon
28-11-10, 16:46
I agree. For projects with super thin margins due to exorbitant land cost like Farrer Court, developers just need to cut corners from the construction costs to say 150psf to still make a decent profit. After all, they are in the business of making profits, so when margins are thin from the high land costs, they just cut construction costs. They can show u a nice showflat, but the actual thing might comprise thinner walls, inferior paint and lower ceilings and inferior cabinets.

Kenshinto80
28-11-10, 17:08
Will there be over 3000 carpark lots for this project? Each family there owns at least 2 cars.....wait fight over lots.

kingkong1984
28-11-10, 17:15
Found a site plan here:
Nice and spacious, a bit like botannia but location and lease

tanumy
28-11-10, 17:16
better to buy double bay residence at d18 as great upside potential.

azeoprop
28-11-10, 18:55

:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

shauntanzs
28-11-10, 20:27

He is back...:doh:

august
28-11-10, 20:42
Nov 28, 2010
D'LEEDON PREVIEW
48 units sold at preview
By Cheryl Lim

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20101128/dleedon-28.jpg A showroom of an interior of D'Leedon at the former Farrer Court condominium site. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM

SALES of CapitaLand's latest development d'Leedon got off to a modest start over the weekend, with 48 units sold at a preview launch for a select group of buyers.
This was 24 per cent of the 200 units that were available at the preview, which was open exclusively to former owners of Farrer Court units. D'Leedon sits on the site of the former Farrer Court, which was sold en bloc in 2007.
The units that were on offer ran the range, from one- to three-bedroom apartments. They were priced at an average of $1,680 per sq ft (psf).
That makes the cheapest apartments - 635 sq ft units with a bedroom and study - less than $1 million each. A typical two-bedder of 1,055 sq ft would set a buyer back $1.5 million.
CapitaLand on Sunday said owners from 266 Farrer Court units visited the show gallery over the weekend. The developer will begin public sales of the condominium on Thursday.
A former resident of Farrer Court, who declined to be named, felt the sale prices of d'Leedon were 'a little on the high side' for a 99-year leasehold project.

amk
28-11-10, 20:50
Liew is in trouble....
Sell CAPL on monday ;)

august
28-11-10, 20:56
Liew is in trouble....
Sell CAPL on monday ;)
is the repeat of Interlace again.. phase 1 release the least desired stacks..
only subsequent phases onwards they release the better stacks but priced even higher.

dun think ex-owners will bite

devilplate
28-11-10, 21:04
not a good gauge so far....goto wait for thur public preview to see the response....ex farrer court owners sure say EX!!! their 5rm flat becomes 2bedder nia....haha

kingkong1984
28-11-10, 21:10
not a good gauge so far....goto wait for thur public preview to see the response....ex farrer court owners sure say EX!!! their 5rm flat becomes 2bedder nia....haha
Tat,s why enblock and leave the area totally. Come back to pay back? Up to u, developer waiting with both hands wide open. Buy mm 500k can get 3 units fh somemore. Sell 2 upon top ang get a unit for free.

devilplate
28-11-10, 21:13
Tat,s why enblock and leave the area totally. Come back to pay back? Up to u, developer waiting with both hands wide open. Buy mm 500k can get 3 units fh somemore. Sell 2 upon top ang get a unit for free.

wow...glad to noe another MM supporter here....we r the minority...:ashamed1:

focus
28-11-10, 22:16
wow...glad to noe another MM supporter here....we r the minority...:ashamed1:

Just to satisfy my curiosity.. if you may be so kind...

Have you rented out your MM and what is the profile of the tenant?
Have you sub-sale or re-sale your MM and what is the profile of the buyer?

devilplate
28-11-10, 22:58
Just to satisfy my curiosity.. if you may be so kind...

Have you rented out your MM and what is the profile of the tenant?
Have you sub-sale or re-sale your MM and what is the profile of the buyer?

PM me if u really genuinely curious abt it:D

hyenergix
29-11-10, 05:08
Nov 28, 2010
D'LEEDON PREVIEW
48 units sold at preview
By Cheryl Lim
This was 24 per cent of the 200 units that were available at the preview, which was open exclusively to former owners of Farrer Court units. ....

This news just confirms my suspicion that most likely it will not sell well. At this psf and location, there will be many good FH or 999LH projects to choose from. This project makes Far East projects look cheap.

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 08:28
but they already said 300 of the 600 ex-owners said they would turn up. so now 266 turns up out of which 48 makes purchases. hmm. still not indicative of how the public will buy thursday. ;)

stalingrad
29-11-10, 08:59
This news just confirms my suspicion that most likely it will not sell well. At this psf and location, there will be many good FH or 999LH projects to choose from. This project makes Far East projects look cheap.

yes, I would rather buy valley park, at 1100-1200psf. I will spruce it up and move in immediately, instead of waiting four years.

Liew is known to be a shrew but greedy CEO. He blew the launch of the interlace, now this. He made 20 plus million in 2007 just because the market was good. Now you know why he price his condos so high. he would laugh all the way to the bank if d'Leedon turns up to be a great success.

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 09:07
actually, capitaland's singapore residential portfolio doesn't contribute much to capitaland's bottomline any more.

yes, I would rather buy valley park, at 1100-1200psf. I will spruce it up and move in immediately, instead of waiting four years.

Liew is known to be a shrew but greedy CEO. He blew the launch of the interlace, now this. He made 20 plus million in 2007 just because the market was good. Now you know why he price his condos so high. he would laugh all the way to the bank if d'Leedon turns up to be a great success.

Wild Falcon
29-11-10, 10:53
I know of 2 ex Farrer Court owners who went on to buy suburban homes in upper bukit timah and keep the rest of the enbloc proceeds for early retirement or long vacation. They are very wise and commented they will not be buying d'Leedon :) and plough all their gains into the same development at half the size. But other investors might be keen though. With co-partners like Morgan Stanley and Wachovia, Capitaland would be under pressure to sell quickly. Funds have short-term investment horizon.

smallant
29-11-10, 11:33
tis is mass market... Not luxury leh... 1715 ... :doh:

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 12:52
"100 two-bedders will be launched today to the
public. Interested parties are to submit cheques by
Wednesday evening. Balloting will be conducted if
more than one cheque were to be received for each
of the units released. There will be no viewing."

amk
29-11-10, 12:54
actually, capitaland's singapore residential portfolio doesn't contribute much to capitaland's bottomline any more.

yes! CAPL is a china stock now ;)

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 12:54
i think the majority of ex farrer court owners would not be keen to buy back. but i guess with the proceeds they received, they can buy that upper bukit timah home AND buy a 1+1 at d'Leedon but only if they want...(if it makes sense to them at all...LOL. :D )

I know of 2 ex Farrer Court owners who went on to buy suburban homes in upper bukit timah and keep the rest of the enbloc proceeds for early retirement or long vacation. They are very wise and commented they will not be buying d'Leedon :) and plough all their gains into the same development at half the size. But other investors might be keen though. With co-partners like Morgan Stanley and Wachovia, Capitaland would be under pressure to sell quickly. Funds have short-term investment horizon.

stalingrad
29-11-10, 13:00
"100 two-bedders will be launched today to the
public. Interested parties are to submit cheques by
Wednesday evening. Balloting will be conducted if
more than one cheque were to be received for each
of the units released. There will be no viewing."

that is what an agent told me.

just give her my ic and my wife's, and a blank check.

if our check is fished "out of the tank", we will be informed of the price. then, we can decide to take it or not. no viewing.

crazy!!! what do they think it is? a lucky draw?

mantrix
29-11-10, 13:03

if our check is fished "out of the tank", we will be informed of the price. then, we can decide to take it or not. no viewing.

Sounds like a gimmick to me

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 13:05
if its a LUCKY draw...i dun mind if the psf is 1000 hahahahahaha.

maybe the gimmick might fall flat. so arrogant.

valkri
29-11-10, 13:14
Judging by the number of agents who have been pestering around for a blank cheque, the developer must be quite desperate.

stalingrad
29-11-10, 13:29
if its a LUCKY draw...i dun mind if the psf is 1000 hahahahahaha.

maybe the gimmick might fall flat. so arrogant.

a lucky draw for me if they would sell a unit to me for 800psf. huge AC ledge. and the shape of each unit is as irregular as you can imagine. You may sleep with your feet next to your head.

haha, exaggerating a bit.

amk
29-11-10, 14:28
but staling why r u interested in this project in the 1st place ? ;)

stalingrad
29-11-10, 14:54
but staling why r u interested in this project in the 1st place ? ;)

because it is convenient for me and my wife. she drives and I take MRT. also, this place is closer to American School than my current place.

but for that kind of dough, I would prefer to find another abode along Farrer.

azeoprop
29-11-10, 15:48
So far the 2 ex-hudc mega projects sales figures as of Oct 2010:

The Interlace 570 out of 1040 units = 54.8%
The Minton 468 out of 1145 units = 40.9%

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 18:42
and now comes the 1715 unit monster. LOL. and the most expensive project of them all.

andy
29-11-10, 19:22
Found a site plan here:

only 2 tennis courts?

scsc
29-11-10, 20:16
only 2 tennis courts?

Pls remove yr microscope & see again... ;)

Wild Falcon
29-11-10, 20:35
Sometimes I wonder why the developers enbloc these mammoth sites with so-so attributes? The next one.... Pine Grove :)

Anyway, I'm not surprised this d'Leedon might do quite well due to:

(i) District 10 address - obviously it matters to lot of people
(ii) "Nice" sounding name - esp to the hot money PRC/HK investor. I recall some hongkie and PRC like to give themselves unique sounding ang moh name like "poodle". And PRCs wouldn't care about tenure.

and now comes the 1715 unit monster. LOL. and the most expensive project of them all.

august
29-11-10, 22:13
Sounds like a gimmick to me

hope the gimmick backfire on them lol :p

kane
29-11-10, 22:15
pine grove's psf ppr is going to be a challenge.

august
29-11-10, 22:19

well to be fair u hv to look at how many units are actually released by developer..

as of last mth
for Interlace, 590 released, sold 570
for Minton, 600 released, sold 468

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 23:33
yeah, hope the gimmick flops hahaha.

on a side note, euro worries seem to be returning to cause stockmarket jitters again.

hope the gimmick backfire on them lol :p

bargain hunter
29-11-10, 23:34
i think there are 3, one is on the other side. are there anymore? maybe i also missed out another one. :ashamed1:

only 2 tennis courts?

DC33_2008
30-11-10, 17:31
Cheque collection has started. When will be the VIP preview?

bargain hunter
30-11-10, 18:41
thurs 12pm according to an sms i received.

Cheque collection has started. When will be the VIP preview?

richwang
01-12-10, 03:30
Sometimes I wonder why the developers enbloc these mammoth sites with so-so attributes? The next one.... Pine Grove :)

Anyway, I'm not surprised this d'Leedon might do quite well due to:

(i) District 10 address - obviously it matters to lot of people
(ii) "Nice" sounding name - esp to the hot money PRC/HK investor. I recall some hongkie and PRC like to give themselves unique sounding ang moh name like "poodle". And PRCs wouldn't care about tenure.

I have a PRC friend. He told me some "insider" conversations he had with the Management of the Developer: "It was a mistake we've made. We will leave it to the next generation of management to sort out." "But now if the market is willing to bite, we don't mind to give it a try." It's true in China you don't care about tenure - it is standard 70 years LH acroos the whole China. (Well, I should say the modern China. It was FH before Year 1949.) But in Singapore you do have the choice of FH and LH. D10 address is prefered partly because most of the projects are FH. And my PRC friend even managed to trace back this project's "HDB background". (HUDC). He has decided to give it a miss and looking for East Coast instead.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
01-12-10, 08:51
I have a PRC friend. He told me some "insider" conversations he had with the Management of the Developer: "It was a mistake we've made. We will leave it to the next generation of management to sort out." "But now if the market is willing to bite, we don't mind to give it a try." It's true in China you don't care about tenure - it is standard 70 years LH acroos the whole China. (Well, I should say the modern China. It was FH before Year 1949.) But in Singapore you do have the choice of FH and LH. D10 address is prefered partly because most of the projects are FH. And my PRC friend even managed to trace back this project's "HDB background". (HUDC). He has decided to give it a miss and looking for East Coast instead.

Thanks,
Richard

its all about the pricing....if its around 1400-1600psf...sure sell like hotcakes

01-12-10, 09:11
Yeah agree, for $1400 psf, which will you buy this one or say (for example) Cityscape?

its all about the pricing....if its around 1400-1600psf...sure sell like hotcakes

august
01-12-10, 09:35
Yeah agree, for $1400 psf, which will you buy this one or say (for example) Cityscape?

where the heck is cityscape? :confused:

smallant
01-12-10, 10:21
Honest mistake but pax here daft to bite ? Rumours true or not ?

proud owner
01-12-10, 10:32
Honest mistake but pax here daft to bite ? Rumours true or not ?

sorry my english not very good

but what is PAX and DAFT ?

stalingrad
01-12-10, 12:51
today is the VVIP viewing and balloting day.

any updates?

bargain hunter
01-12-10, 12:57
at mergui road, entry by balestier/rangoon. bordered by CTE. except its FH vs d'Leedon's 99. but i think quite nobrainer lah. FH so wat?

where the heck is cityscape? :confused:

Wild Falcon
01-12-10, 16:07
1400 PSF i think Capitaland's shareholders and partners would be upset. Margin so thin, management should have bidded for GLS instead and would have made better margins.

hyenergix
01-12-10, 16:11
Just received some floorplans of 1 and 2 bedders from agent. Layouts are odd shapes. May be hard to sell.

stalingrad
01-12-10, 16:15
1400 PSF i think Capitaland's shareholders and partners would be upset. Margin so thin, management should have bidded for GLS instead and would have made better margins.
block 11, 22th floor. selling for 1600psf. 1399sf. for every floor higher, add $9000.

that is what I heard.

At this price and gradient, 2nd floor would be selling at $1,470psf.

stalingrad
01-12-10, 16:17
Just received some floorplans of 1 and 2 bedders from agent. Layouts are odd shapes. May be hard to sell.

old news. We have all seen the floor plans. indeed odd shaped.

My wife would not like it, no room for a maid.

hyenergix
01-12-10, 16:22
I'm not too keen on this 99LH project so I didn't make an effort to find the floorplans. With so much land, I wonder why the developer wants to spoil the project by designing something not so convenient for the owners.

stalingrad
01-12-10, 16:25
I'm not too keen on this 99LH project so I didn't make an effort to find the floorplans. With so much land, I wonder why the developer wants to spoil the project by designing something not so convenient for the owners.

because the architect wanted to make the towers look like flowers in a garden. the higher the floor, the larger the units. if your unit happens to be a petal, then it would be elongated. the center of the flower is actually hollow.

devilplate
01-12-10, 16:28
block 11, 22th floor. selling for 1600psf. 1399sf. for every floor higher, add $9000.

that is what I heard.

At this price and gradient, 2nd floor would be selling at $1,470psf.

how about 2bedder mid flr let say 15th flr? the smallest 2bedder

devilplate
01-12-10, 16:29

i wud tot tat they cud sell better if they cut the land into 3 different projects?:2cents:

hyenergix
01-12-10, 16:33
because the architect wanted to make the towers look like flowers in a garden. the higher the floor, the larger the units. if your unit happens to be a petal, then it would be elongated. the center of the flower is actually hollow.

It's a failure then because I can't see it... I thought the blocks may topple because the center of gravity is shifted upwards with larger units on top :scared-1:

Why should I pay so much $ and make myself inconvenient just so that the architects can claim to have some fanciful designs? :tongue3:

stalingrad
01-12-10, 16:36
how about 2bedder mid flr let say 15th flr? the smallest 2bedder

don't know. source only quoted prices for the larger 4 bedder.

but for the large units (1399sf), units on the 15th floor would be selling at 1,550psf. 2 bedder, if we assume 10% more expensive, would be selling for 1700psf. I am just guessing.

stalingrad
01-12-10, 16:42
It's a failure then because I can't see it... I thought the blocks may topple because the center of gravity is shifted upwards with larger units on top :scared-1:

Why should I pay so much $ and make myself inconvenient just so that the architects can claim to have some fanciful designs? :tongue3:

the sail is the same story. looks nice from the outside, but inconvenient to the residents.

the interlace in the same boat. the toilet is a five sided monster, and your master bedroom is shaped like broken chinese fan.

bargain hunter
01-12-10, 18:07
frankly, the model for the Interlace is almost as good as the picture but the model for d'Leedon is a far cry from the picture which looks so much more impressive. other than the curves and petals, i dunno why i get this sinking feeling that when completed, d'Leedon will be something like Rivergate where the exterior of neighbouring projects will outshine it by miles while it stands there a tall lonely (maybe ugly) monster.

amk
01-12-10, 19:03
i wud tot tat they cud sell better if they cut the land into 3 different projects?:2cents:

Maybe they cannot, as a condition not to subdivide during the enbloc, imposed by URA...

Let's be fair to this project. It's indeed very near town and convenient. Some blocks can have unblocked greenery or reservoir or city view. Impressive facilities. Quite iconinc design. Should appeal to many. If it's priced at 1400 ppl would have queued up to snatch it. To be fair to shareholders it tries to do 1600 to 1700. I already have a few friends interested in this simply because of the convenience. I would say 1600 at 22 floor is a better deal than 1100 at that jurong project, or 1400 at scala.

I particularly like that block with 4 identical units per floor. Most peaceful and with best bt timah view. The currently released 2 blocks are not so gd.

Wild Falcon
01-12-10, 20:26
Do not always link district no. with "VERY near town" ok? This place is further from town than Clementi. Would anyone consider Clementi near town? Traffic is also quite bad. Take MRT worse, take 10 stations (with 2 transfers) to hit the new downtown - 45 min mimimum with waiting. I wouldn't consider this " VERY near town". As for "convenience", not exactly.

Maybe they cannot, as a condition not to subdivide during the enbloc, imposed by URA...

Let's be fair to this project. It's indeed very near town and convenient. Some blocks can have unblocked greenery or reservoir or city view. Impressive facilities. Quite iconinc design. Should appeal to many. If it's priced at 1400 ppl would have queued up to snatch it. To be fair to shareholders it tries to do 1600 to 1700. I already have a few friends interested in this simply because of the convenience. I would say 1600 at 22 floor is a better deal than 1100 at that jurong project, or 1400 at scala.

I particularly like that block with 4 identical units per floor. Most peaceful and with best bt timah view. The currently released 2 blocks are not so gd.

august
01-12-10, 20:38
agent told me, heavy balloting, response quite good ~

amk
01-12-10, 20:42
Do not always link district no. with "VERY near town" ok?
No I dun. Where did I mention that ? It's u who always have a presumption.

This place is further from town than Clementi.

U r exaggerating. From empress rd out, farrer, then holland rd, then u r at botanic garden. 10 mins to orchard. No highway needed. (there is a little catch but unless u r really familiar ... But u dun care anyway so let's just leave it)

Take MRT worsey.

U forgot the downtown line. Also, even though it's not the nearest station to one particular place, because it's central, it's always not too far to anywhere. This is the whole point of "central".

august
01-12-10, 20:43
Do not always link district no. with "VERY near town" ok? This place is further from town than Clementi. Would anyone consider Clementi near town? Traffic is also quite bad. Take MRT worse, take 10 stations (with 2 transfers) to hit the new downtown - 45 min mimimum with waiting. I wouldn't consider this " VERY near town". As for "convenience", not exactly.

how can D'Leedon be further from town than Clementi?????

i used to stay at a HDB at farrer rd so i know how near to orchard it is, i even walked home once in order to avoid taking taxi after midnite ~ :ashamed1:

Mongoose
01-12-10, 22:37

I agree with your 1st statement. I think district number is over-hyped.

But, Farrer IS nearer town than Clementi. I stay near holland/ulu pandan, which is kinda in between Farrer and Clementi.

Its poss to take bus from Farrer and be in orchard faster than one can take MRT from Clementi. Can also change to MRT at orchard and be at City Hall in abt the same time as MRT from Clementi.

As for traffic, I always maintain that given the no. of cars on SG road these days, traffic is very bad almost in most parts of town/arterial roads leading to and from town during peak hrs. Saying traffic is bad is quite pointless... I would ask where (or when) is traffic good? I can name many places that can be both a breeze and a pain to drive, depending on which direction and what time, and that includes Clementi and Farrer.

ronald au
01-12-10, 22:57
Any news on the ballot response???

proud owner
02-12-10, 02:52

But, Farrer IS nearer town than Clementi. I stay near holland/ulu pandan, which is kinda in between Farrer and Clementi.

Its poss to take bus from Farrer and be in orchard faster than one can take MRT from Clementi. Can also change to MRT at orchard and be at City Hall in abt the same time as MRT from Clementi.

As for traffic, I always maintain that given the no. of cars on SG road these days, traffic is very bad almost in most parts of town/arterial roads leading to and from town during peak hrs. Saying traffic is bad is quite pointless... I would ask where (or when) is traffic good? I can name many places that can be both a breeze and a pain to drive, depending on which direction and what time, and that includes Clementi and Farrer.

i think by a straight line its definitely nearer to town than clementi
but it you take into consideration ..coming out to farrer road ( small road with traffic light) , then turning fighting to filter left to exit Holland rd ..

it may take a tad longer time ..then clementi ..being a straight road

hyenergix
02-12-10, 04:46
agent told me, heavy balloting, response quite good ~

I find it quite hard to believe the response is so good at $1600+ psf and 99LH. Cheapest 1+1 is $1.7 mil? Might as well get a FH landed. Maybe I should go down to take a look at this project over the weekend.

august
02-12-10, 09:01
I find it quite hard to believe the response is so good at $1600+ psf and 99LH. Cheapest 1+1 is $1.7 mil? Might as well get a FH landed. Maybe I should go down to take a look at this project over the weekend.

not so ex lah, so-called 1+1 635sqft starts from $1mil
high floors from 25th upwards may cross $2k psf though ~

HP65
02-12-10, 10:00

I'm vested in this area as my residence and 1 of my investment pty are in this part of D10. My last investment pty is at the edge of D10, close to D21 Mt Sinai area. Thus my views are biased and will certainly pray that D'Leedon can sell at above $1500 psf.

Your view that Clementi is nearer to `town' is true only if we are talking about Shenton/ Business District area. However, if we talk about Orchard area, then its pretty obvious Farrer is nearer. In that sense, you are not wrong while the agents are also right to say its `near town'.

Having said that, I think buyers of D'Leedon will not be concerned with the Traffic situation of Farrer Rd, ie they wouldn't not buy D'Leedon just because traffic at Farrer is bad. I have stayed in this area practically my whole life and have witnessed the slow transformation of Farrer Road from the building of the Holland/ Farrer flyover in the 80s to the mayhem now outside Farrer market.

Many residents here, and I speak for myself as well, has seen Farrer Road traffic gotten worse and worse. The road works meant to improve the situation actually aggravate the problem. Of coz, the circle line construction is the mother of all the traffic woes here. BUT, its only a short 3-5 mins of jam from Kings road to Holland Rd and you can whisk your way to Orchard in no time. Furthermore, by comparing a predominant HDB heartland Clementi to Farrer rd, you are missing the whole point of why people buy/ stay in Farrer. Some just prefer to stay in an area which is surrounded by less HDB flats.

amk
02-12-10, 10:36
Of coz, the circle line construction is the mother of all the traffic woes here.
yes.

and it's over. after 7yrs I think.

really. the road diversion, split, curve, whatever u call it, due to the circle line station construction, is over, from 1 Dec 2010.

coming out to farrer road ( small road with traffic light)

this section of farrer road now is a big 4 lane straight road. proud_owner, u have not been here for a long time ;)

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 10:40
The traffic along Farrer road is much better these days. I will say it is quite smooth between 745 - 815am. I will not buy unit facing Farrer road as it can be rather noisy.

amk
02-12-10, 10:49
yes 7 and 9 will be quite bad;

I like 15 :) unit 51, unblocked bt timah greenery view ...

stalingrad
02-12-10, 10:53
yes 7 and 9 will be quite bad;

I like 15 :) unit 51, unblocked bt timah greenery view ...\

only stacks 11 and 13 have been released. these should be okay.

amk
02-12-10, 12:47
\

only stacks 11 and 13 have been released. these should be okay.
yes from the noise perspective.

although these 2 are the most crowded ones. 11 units per floor.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 13:16
Just got back from the showflat. No marble. Everything nice is ID. the worst part is that it is in the middle of an HDB sea. going to anson road requires you to take a U turn on Farrer at buket timah.

wife asked me to give it a miss. the fact that it is so expensive (Everything is above 1500psf) did not help.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 13:21
frankly, the model for the Interlace is almost as good as the picture but the model for d'Leedon is a far cry from the picture which looks so much more impressive. other than the curves and petals, i dunno why i get this sinking feeling that when completed, d'Leedon will be something like Rivergate where the exterior of neighbouring projects will outshine it by miles while it stands there a tall lonely (maybe ugly) monster.
it will not be outshone by the surrounding buildings, because it is surrounded by ugly HDB, except ugly tulip garden.

bargain hunter
02-12-10, 13:22
so how are the sales like?

this is still preview or opened to public already?

Just got back from the showflat. No marble. Everything nice is ID. the worst part is that it is in the middle of an HDB sea. going to anson road requires you to take a U turn on Farrer at buket timah.

wife asked me to give it a miss. the fact that it is so expensive (Everything is above 1500psf) did not help.

bargain hunter
02-12-10, 13:25
Guocoland en-bloc something along Leedon Road I think. maybe that will be nicer. :ashamed1: on the other side of the road, perhaps the completed waterfall gardens or even the older Levelz may look nicer. :D

it will not be outshone by the surrounding buildings, because it is surrounded by ugly HDB, except ugly tulip garden.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 13:28
so how are the sales like?

this is still preview or opened to public already?
still a VIP preview. but if you go now, there will be tons to agents willing to take you in.

it is far cry from the launch of duchess residences. a lot of agents, but not many buyers or gawkers (including me and wife). the parking lot was not even half filled. 82 out of 200 sold at last count.

valkri
02-12-10, 13:31

hmmm...price list sent by agents shows a good number of units at below 1500psf, lowest about 147x. So these are all "snapped up"?

stalingrad
02-12-10, 13:31
Guocoland en-bloc something along Leedon Road I think. maybe that will be nicer. :ashamed1: on the other side of the road, perhaps the completed waterfall gardens or even the older Levelz may look nicer. :D

if you go north from there, there is a long stretch of HDB blocks, all the way to bukit timah.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 13:33
hmmm...price list sent by agents shows a good number of units at below 1500psf, lowest about 147x. So these are all "snapped up"?

some are, but many are not. many units facing farrer are still available. go snap them up if you want. my wife told me to not even consider it.

bargain hunter
02-12-10, 13:33
oh, that's so encouraging. 82 includes the 48 sold to ex-owners? :D oh well, 1600+ to go. :sleep:

still a VIP preview. but if you go now, there will be tons to agents willing to take you in.

it is far cry from the launch of duchess residences. a lot of agents, but not many buyers or gawkers (including me and wife). the parking lot was not even half filled. 82 out of 200 sold at last count.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 13:34
oh, that's so encouraging. 82 includes the 48 sold to ex-owners? :D oh well, 1600+ to go. :sleep:
yes, 82 includes the 48 you mentioned.

I think the long stretch of HDB is the biggest turnoff. and that area doesn't smell "exclusive" to me.

bargain hunter
02-12-10, 13:37
that i m aware. was trying to compare it with condos south of it. ;) iconic no doubt but whether the facade will look nice when completed is another thing. Rivergate sure looks very different from the brochure.

if you go north from there, there is a long stretch of HDB blocks, all the way to bukit timah.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 13:39
that i m aware. was trying to compare it with condos south of it. ;) iconic no doubt but whether the facade will look nice when completed is another thing. Rivergate sure looks very different from the brochure.

i was actually ambivalent. I thought it would be nice to be so close to MRT. but when I saw the sea of HDB blocks, I agreed with my wife it is overpriced. there is just a lack of the glamor factor in that area.

bargain hunter
02-12-10, 13:44
agents will tell u otherwise. neighbours with GCB owners to your west will be what they say.

i was actually ambivalent. I thought it would be nice to be so close to MRT. but when I saw the sea of HDB blocks, I agreed with my wife it is overpriced. there is just a lack of the glamor factor in that area.

Wild Falcon
02-12-10, 14:34
Town means downtown. Everyday go Orchard Road for what? When we talk about peak hours travelling time, it's about travelling to work and business district right? As for weekends travelling to Orchard or chilling out at ulu places, a bit of distance doesn't matter since traffic is smooth everywhere. Sorry, I don't think this place which is the edge of D10 is close to town. See the map and you would be surprised how much nearer is D5.

Wild Falcon
02-12-10, 14:35
Or they will say the HDB will be enbloced to become future "high-end" Farrer Courts with another 5000 units.

agents will tell u otherwise. neighbours with GCB owners to your west will be what they say.

Wild Falcon
02-12-10, 14:40
No marble? Really cut cost to preserve margin until so "obvious"? I thought they only cut things like low ceiling height and thin leaky walls that u will only know when TOP? Like that still consider "high-end"? 11 units per floor is like machiam 3 room flat corridor. at least 3 room flat corridor face outside and airy. This one might be just face opposite door in a stale corridor.

devilplate
02-12-10, 15:04
Town means downtown. Everyday go Orchard Road for what? When we talk about peak hours travelling time, it's about travelling to work and business district right? As for weekends travelling to Orchard or chilling out at ulu places, a bit of distance doesn't matter since traffic is smooth everywhere. Sorry, I don't think this place which is the edge of D10 is close to town. See the map and you would be surprised how much nearer is D5.

i tot u use proximity to orchard as a yardstick last time when u make comments on DTL3?

devilplate
02-12-10, 15:05

so damn bad sales response??? due to heavy rain?

tot some say heavy balloting expected...i tot at least 150units sold by now:scared-3:

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 15:07
My agent told me a moment ago that 150 units are sold.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 15:10
so damn bad sales response??? due to heavy rain?

tot some say heavy balloting expected...i tot at least 150units sold by now:scared-3:
no rain. sunny like hell.

I agree with Wild Falcon that is not conveniently located.to take a u turn you need to go all the way to bukit timah. It is definitely not closer to town than clementi.

my wife works at Anson road, and she said it would take longer to travel to work from d'leedon than from clementi.

no balloting. you can take any unit that you want.

devilplate
02-12-10, 15:11

sounds more like it :cheers6:

i tot recession coming:scared-3: :p

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 15:14
It depends on the definition of town.
no rain. sunny like hell.

I agree with Wild Falcon that is not conveniently located.to take a u turn you need to go all the way to bukit timah. It is definitely not closer to town than clementi.

my wife works at Anson road, and she said it would take longer to travel to work from d'leedon than from clementi.

no balloting. you can take any unit that you want.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 15:22
so they sold 68 units in three hours?

kingkong1984
02-12-10, 15:23
Now all moving out from town, rich getting near to town to do what?

bargain hunter
02-12-10, 15:29
maybe when u were there the 68 have not signed yet so not counted. :eek:

so they sold 68 units in three hours?

stalingrad
02-12-10, 15:34
maybe when u were there the 68 have not signed yet so not counted. :eek:

I find that slightly unbelievable. there aren't that many visitors. perhaps they sold a block of units to a fund. who knows?

amk
02-12-10, 15:36
... go all the way to bukit timah..

just for this point: u need to use the empress road exit. the showflat is at leedon side. there is a king's road side.

"a sea of HDBs" .. ok lah.. a grand total of 8 blocks.... there is one right at footstep though

stalingrad
02-12-10, 15:40
just for this point: u need to use the empress road exit. the showflat is at leedon side. there is a king's road side.

"a sea of HDBs" .. ok lah.. a grand total of 8 blocks.... there is one right at footstep though

that is right, right next to stack 11, which I was intereted in.

thanks for the tip about the empress road exit. but would that road be large enough when the project TOPs? it is really a narrow winding road. I drove on that road a few times when going to church. can't imagine it becoming the main exit way for such a big project.

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 15:46
Just had a double confirmation from agent: 150plus unit sold. Price will increase this weekend.

East Coast Boy
02-12-10, 15:57
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/aaronchong/IMG_0003.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/aaronchong/IMG_0004-1.jpg

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 16:09
Almost gone down this afternoon if not for the rain. Agent as usual said selling fast.

stalingrad
02-12-10, 16:29
Almost gone down this afternoon if not for the rain. Agent as usual said selling fast.
your agent said that the prices will go higher this weekend. My agent said he is not aware of any announcements to that effect.

my agent has called me 3 times in one hour. does this sound like a sell out condo?

recall when duchess residences was launched, we couldn't even get in the door, and when we finally got in, we couldn't even get an agent to speak to us. When we did find someone, he just told us "all sold out."

I think I will think long and hard about this condo.

amk
02-12-10, 16:39
I think I will think long and hard about this condo.

.. still need to think ? ;) I thought all so negative .... ;)

DC: 150 sold ? really ? wow.... MBT got to take back his words ("policies are working..")

kingkong1984
02-12-10, 16:40
Between this n yours.... I think this is much better.

sh
02-12-10, 17:26
hey! picture of model looks very different from perspectives....:mad:

bargain hunter
02-12-10, 19:09
that's what i have been saying. its like rivergate. in comparison, interlace model is closer to perspectives.

hey! picture of model looks very different from perspectives....:mad:

sh
02-12-10, 19:13
bay windows' last stand :tsk-tsk:

devilplate
02-12-10, 20:08
that's what i have been saying. its like rivergate. in comparison, interlace model is closer to perspectives.

bro, i tot rivergate looks alright....:confused:

the pool from the model looks rather small....lacks the width....17xx units leh....how to swim?:p

any idea how much the semi-d cost and the size?

kingkong1984
02-12-10, 20:12
I quite like the project and agree that it is not too bad.