PDA

View Full Version : The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Pages : [1] 2

ahlahdin
19-03-07, 18:41
Rumoured to be launching at $1,200PSF. A far cry from $550PSF as originally planned. :eek:

Property
Published December 19, 2006

Homes in one-north to be launched early next year

By UMA SHANKARI

THE first-ever residential development in science hub one-north, tentatively named One Rochester Park, will be launched around Chinese New Year - and the project is expected to benefit from the new-found buzz of the Rochester Park area.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/457/bt534284218122006dg3md4.jpg
One Rochester Park: Most of the apartments in the project will be two-bedroom and three-bedroom units

The 368-unit development is right next door to the up-and-coming Rochester Park, a dining and retail enclave set against a rustic backdrop of undulating grounds and green canopies.

The project is developed by United Engineers (UE), which last year secured the public-private partnership (PPP) project to build a business hotel and mixed development in one-north from JTC Corporation.

Most of the apartments in the project will be 1,200 square feet two-bedroom and 1,500 sq ft three-bedroom units.

Separately, UE will also be building 250 hotel rooms and 120 serviced residence units.

The whole mixed development is designed by Tange & Associates, headed by the son of the late Kenzo Tange, who designed UE's flagship development UE Square about a decade ago.

Said UE: 'The design of one-north, of which the mixed development forms a part, is a self-contained concept - eat, live and play.

'It promotes the exchange of ideas and interflow of traffic, and as such does not promote boundaries between land use - and hence little or no use of fences.'

Market watchers said that it is hard to predict the launch price for the development as the concept is new.

UE has previously said that prices could start at about $550 per sq ft, but with the upward trend in property prices over the past few months, the launch price should be well above that when the time comes.

Prices will also be boosted by the area's new-found fame - it is fast becoming known for its F&B outlets housed in atmospheric colonial bungalows. UE gained two such bungalows when acquiring the site, which will soon be leased out to F&B tenants.

One Rochester Park is UE's first wholly owned residential project since the company successfully launched its apartments at UE Square a decade ago. Then, at the height of the property boom, units were sold out within a day, said the company.

Since then, while UE has taken stakes in other residential projects, it has focused on its core business of engineering and construction.

In a recent interview with BT, UE's chief executive Jackson Yap said that he was especially interested in working on more PPP projects with JTC.

UE's managing director David Liew said the company might also look into participating in the request for proposals (RFPs) to build Phase 2B of the cutting-edge science and engineering R&D hub Fusionopolis in one-north, after JTC said it will launch an RFP next year for private developers to build the project.

Grandfather Clock
19-03-07, 21:31
How psf can change in just 3 months!

$600 psf becomes $1,200 psf!

Bypasser
29-03-07, 12:45
One Rochester launch will now be in May.

Unregistered
29-03-07, 17:04

Yep, heard it was delayed. Probably smart of them to do so. No way the market can sustain this kind of buying at this kind of prices for D5 (like at One North Residences). Better to wait awhile for market to cool down, at the same time fuelling bigger interest in D5 through some news articles.

Makelele
29-03-07, 21:47
I have a feeling that somehow this won't do as well as one-north residences... I could be wrong of course. Where one-north was a novelty to the public at that point in time, One Rochester will merely come across as expensive. Hope I'm wrong.

one-north
25-04-07, 12:41

It will be early part of May.
Our wait will be over soon.
Get ready brothers and sisters!

Reuters Newsmaker Event
25-04-07, 12:57
Key factor for S'pore economy is whether US consumers will continue to spend
Audrey Tan
Assistant Money Editor
The Straits Times
25 April 2007

Singapore's economy is likely to grow at the top end of the official 4.5 to 6.5% growth estimate this year, as long as the United States economy holds up, Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said yesterday.
A key factor for Singapore's growth is whether US consumers will continue to spend, he said.

If US consumption is hit by the housing market slowdown or other factors, then Singapore may grow only at the lower end of the range, he said at the Reuters Singapore Newsmaker Event, a dialogue with financial and media professionals, yesterday.

'My guess is it doesn't look as if there will be a major downturn in the US, so it may be at the higher end (of the growth forecast). But the key factor is the US economy. They're still our biggest single market,' Mr Lee said.

But fundamentally, Singapore is set to grow, 'short of an oil crisis or major crisis over Iran', he added.

Even foreign investors from as far as the Middle East and Europe can see the stars are aligned for Singapore.

There are Gulf Arabs and even people from Monaco buying property in Singapore in the current property upturn, compared to previous property booms where the only foreign buyers were from the region, Mr Lee said.

'I took that as a great tribute because if you live in Monaco and you are putting money here, obviously you believe this will last as long as Monaco... So it really affirms my conviction that the stars are in the right firmament for us,' he said.

These property purchases are a strong show of confidence in the Singapore economy, Mr Lee said. 'If they just put money into the stock market, they are off tomorrow. But when you buy property, properties take a long time to negotiate and when you want to liquidate, it takes a long time.'

Mr Lee's optimism was mirrored by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), which said yesterday that the local economy is on track for a 4th straight year of robust growth.

The central bank is sticking to the official growth estimate even as it notes that the US economy is slowing and the global electronics sector is sputtering.

Singapore's growth momentum may slow in the first half of this year, but will pick up steam in the second half, MAS said in its half-yearly Macroeconomic Review released yesterday.

A 'sharper-than-expected' US downturn is the key risk to global growth this year, but growth in Asia and Europe should provide some cushion for the global economy, it added.

In Asia, strong buying from consumers at home could also help offset a slowdown in exports, it added.

In Singapore, local electronics firms may continue to suffer from the global electronics industry downturn, hurting Singapore's growth momentum in the first half of this year.

But growing stockpiles in the semiconductor industry - which have hit local electronics firms - should clear in the second half, MAS said.

In any case, other non-IT-related industries are expected to be key drivers of growth this year, MAS said.

MAS expects continued growth in non-IT industries, such as transport engineering and the biomedical sector. The finance, retail and tourism industries are also expected to grow, while the property upturn will give a lift to the construction industry, MAS said.

Growth of between 4.5 and 6.5% this year is well above Singapore's medium-term growth potential of 3 to 5% growth, but is still a significant slowdown from last year's 7.9%.

That was the third straight year of healthy growth for the local economy, which grew by 6.6 and 8.8%, respectively, in 2005 and 2004.

But HSBC economist Robert Prior-Wandesforde said Singapore's exports could start to pick up sooner rather than later, which means overall economic growth may well accelerate earlier than the MAS forecast of a second-half recovery.

MM Sir!
Can you confirm foreigners are buying and you won't do anything to disturb this uptrend?

Unregistered
25-04-07, 13:50
How psf can change in just 3 months!

$600 psf becomes $1,200 psf!

There is a lot of upside for Singapore property, only problem is developer has taken the share of upside to the max for you before launch. You have to be a fool to believe there will be a lot of upside left for you. It is possible, but the risk/reward ratios would tell you that it is a lousy investment decision to suck up the the price adjusted property from developer's hand.

Bargain Hunter
25-04-07, 13:59
Joyce Teo
The Straits Time
25 April 2007

The number of home buyers paying more than S$5 million for a residential property in Singapore is skyrocketing, a new report has found.

Property consultancy Savills Singapore said last year, 503 sales were done for homes costing more than S$5 million - an "astounding" 229.9% jump over 2005. About 60% of these high-end homes were bought by Singaporeans.

And already in the first quarter of this year, the 157 deals made have surpassed the 153 total for all of 2005. Foreigners accounted for a growing proportion - 55% - of the buyers. In 2005, Singaporeans accounted for about 85% of these deals.

The jump in buyers paying big prices corresponds, not surprisely, with a surge in the prices of high-end homes, particularly in the past 2 years.

In the first quarter of this year, the average price of super luxury homes has shot up to S$2,747 psf, from less than S$2,400 psf in the fourth quarter.

However, luxury homes in Singapore are still considered a bargain compared with other major gateway cities around the world, said Savills.

In London, the world's most expensive city in the high-end market, the average price of high-end homes hovers around S$8,900 psf, it said.

In New York, such homes cost about S$4,500 psf on average. And apartments in Roppongi Hills in Tokyo cost about S$3,400 psf on average.

... in Singapore are still considered a bargain ...

What? Bargain?
Let me know. Must grab all these CheapCheap buys.

Teacher
25-04-07, 16:44
MM Sir!
Can you confirm foreigners are buying and you won't do anything to disturb this uptrend?

MAS said up already. Will it say up if it intend to disturb the uptrend?
Let's see who is gonna contradict MM's first world vision.

one-north is one of Singapore key pillar. You better go grab something in One Rochester. Don't just spend your time sitting at home reading the UBS, Citigroup, MAS, etc. reports. Act now by grabbing something in one-north.

Student
25-04-07, 17:10
MAS said up already. Will it say up if it intend to disturb the uptrend?
Let's see who is gonna contradict MM's first world vision.

one-north is one of Singapore key pillar. You better go grab something in One Rochester. Don't just spend your time sitting at home reading the UBS, Citigroup, MAS, etc. reports. Act now by grabbing something in one-north.

Yes, got it, teacher.
Registered my interest with an agent already.
Thank you.

许美艾 (花旗环球金融新加坡&#
25-04-07, 18:49
There is a lot of upside for Singapore property, only problem is developer has taken the share of upside to the max for you before launch. You have to be a fool to believe there will be a lot of upside left for you. It is possible, but the risk/reward ratios would tell you that it is a lousy investment decision to suck up the the price adjusted property from developer's hand.

.......... 新加坡的房地产市场,不论是住房或商业地产都会持续看好。

..... 办公楼的租金将会持续以50%的速度上升。到年底时,高档办公楼的每平方英尺的租金将达14.50新元。

..... 办公楼的供应也非常紧。从现在到2010年间,新建的办公楼楼面非常少。但在过去两年来,需求都在190万平方英尺的水平,供应几乎陷于负数。她预测,办公楼的租金依然会以50%的速度上扬,在2008年达到每方英尺18新元水平。

至于私人住房方面 ..... 根据市建局的数字,去年第四季的住用率达93.9%,是10年来的高峰。若加上集体出售计划下受影响的3500单位,住用率则被提高到95.9%。这是新加坡住房产业方面的一个新纪录。租赁住房的租金在过去四个季度里,每季都以8至10%上扬。

由于新单位的供应慢,加上新加坡近年来所制造的新就业机会,吸引了大量外国人的流入,造成对租赁住房的需求激增。

Interested
26-04-07, 16:58
Is there a website for One Rochester?

RoadRunner
28-04-07, 00:22
April 27, 2007, 1.22 pm (Singapore time)

Last updated: 2.22 pm

S'pore's home prices rise 4.8% in Q1

SINGAPORE - Singapore's home prices chalked up their biggest gains in over seven years, rising 4.8 per cent in the January to March period from the previous quarter led by the luxury segment, officials figures showed on Friday.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), said its price index for private homes rose to 136.5 points in the first quarter from 130.2 points in the Oct-Dec period last year. This is a 16.5 per cent increase from the first quarter a year ago.

Prices for private apartments in the republic's prime central district rose at a faster pace during the first quarter, climbing 5.5 per cent compared to the more modest 2 per cent gain chalked up by flats in the rest of the island republic.

Private home rents also grew at a faster pace between January and March, growing 7.6 per cent compared to 5.3 per cent in the last three months of 2006. Singapore's property market recovery gained momentum after the government introduced measures in July 2005 to ease real-estate financing rules and foreign investment.

Last month, CapitaLand and its Hong Kong partner Sun Hung Kai Properties said they had set a new pricing benchmark for Singapore residential property by selling some units in their downtown development for more than $4,000 (US$2,644) per square foot.

The URA said office space rents grew 10.4 per cent in January-March, moderating slightly from 11.6 per cent in the last quarter of 2006. -- REUTERS

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2007/pr07-42.html

Don't waste time. Quickly cheong!

Beng
29-04-07, 20:49
Don't waste time. Quickly cheong!

Cheong what? Must go register first lah!

Teacher
02-05-07, 22:23
Cheong what? Must go register first lah!

Yah lah. Yah lah. Very smart lah.
Study the floor plan and get ready your cheque(s) lah.

Beng
03-05-07, 09:57
Yah lah. Yah lah. Very smart lah.
Study the floor plan and get ready your cheque(s) lah.

Passed to my agent already.

Teacher
03-05-07, 22:34
Passed to my agent already.

Then go home and sleep and not waste time here.

Impatient
04-05-07, 18:53
Is there a website for One Rochester?

So .... when is it launching?

Europe
05-05-07, 22:11
It's The Final Countdown.

Impatient
21-05-07, 14:14
It's The Final Countdown.

Hello!
So when is the countdown?

Unregistered
21-05-07, 15:07
Hello!
So when is the countdown?

It will take a while. May be one more month at least as they just started building the showflat two weeks ago.

UE?
21-05-07, 16:13
Somehow, UE's projects don't leave a very good impression on me.... even when designed by famous architects. For example, UE Square.

Speed
21-05-07, 17:01
It will take a while. May be one more month at least as they just started building the showflat two weeks ago.

Wah liao arg!
Only started building 2 weeks ago? Why so slow?
Wat is tis?

Unregistered
14-06-07, 22:28
any update on tis project?

Unregistered
15-06-07, 01:37
hi folks,

u know the appointed marketing agency for this project? do take note that for such hot projects, priority booking within the appointed marketing agency will prevail. in case you wish to know, pls feel free to buzz me at [email protected] .......... the initial project briefing on 6 jun was postponed...

Unregistered
26-06-07, 14:49
Paul Noritaka Tange may be the son of renowned architect Kenzo Tange, but 'I am who I am', he says.

Tay SuanChiang
Business Times
23 Jun 07

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20070622/ST_IMAGES_SCPAUL.jpg

Architecture, says Japanese architect Paul Noritaka Tange, is about 'creating a space for users that meets their needs'.
It is not about area size nor designing a building on a site, he adds.

The only son of the late renowned architect Kenzo Tange met Life! on Tuesday at the showflat of The Rochester, a 368-unit residential block within Vista Xchange. It is a mixed development project by United Engineers Development.

For this project, the younger Mr Tange, 49, designed two twin towers - one a hotel called Park Avenue Vista and the other The Rochester, which he says are 'gateways to the Buona Vista area'.

There will also be offices and a retail mall in the development which will be surrounded by lush greenery.

Its exteriors will be clad in glass, but on the inside, especially for The Rochester, warm colours will be used so 'residents can truly feel the warmth of coming home', says Mr Tange.

Mr Jackson Yap, CEO of United Engineers Limited, calls Mr Tange a 'sensible architect, as he achieves a balance between aesthetics and economics'.

The Tokyo-born Mr Tange, who graduated with a master's in architecture from the Harvard University Graduate School in 1985, is no stranger to Singapore. He flies in once a month, and enjoys local food such as chicken rice, bak kut teh and beef hor fun.

His projects here include upmarket residential development The Linear in Upper Bukit Timah for Amara Holdings and the redevelopment of The Cathay.

When asked what he thinks of local architecture, he notes that the standard of architects here is high. 'I have to work harder,' he says, with a laugh.

As a foreign architect in Singapore, he says he brings with him his own experience of working overseas in countries like Japan and China. 'But local architects have their own local experience too, so it is a good combination to have the two to create something interesting,' he says.

On the skyrocketing property prices that Singapore is experiencing at the moment, he jokes that as an architect, he does not make enough to own such property.

He declines to say whether or not high prices equals high quality buildings, but adds that 'good design creates good market value'.

Good design is not about sitting in front of a desk, but about thinking.

'I don't believe in inspiration, but rather I think, and if you think hard enough, you find the solution.'

He says that most people have a design sense, but it is 'knowing how to polish and make use of it'. And having experience also helps, he adds.

Mr Tange joined his father's firm, Kenzo Tange Associates, after graduation and was its executive vice-president until 1996.

Mr Kenzo Tange retired in 2002 and his company was absorbed into Paul's own firm Tange Associates the next year.

Ask him to name his most memorable project to date, he says with a laugh: 'My father used to say it was the next one, but I don't want to copy his line.'

But after pondering the question again, he says all his projects are important to him.

He says he still lives in his late father's shadow, but adds: 'I am who I am.'

Mr Kenzo Tange died of heart failure in 2005 at the age of 91. He was the architect behind OUB Centre, UOB Plaza, Nanyang Technological University and the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

'He gave me a great education and taught me a lot,' says the son, adding that he did not feel any pressure to be an architect from his father.

'But he was happy when I told him I wanted to be an architect, especially when he knew how hard it is to be a good one,' he says.

And he adds that it is too early to say if his only daughter, Aya, 13, will follow in his and her grandfather's footsteps.

'But she has told me she likes architecture,' says the man who is married to a laywer.
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20070622/ST_LIFE_1_CURRENT_SCPAUL.jpg

Unregistered
26-06-07, 15:11
I wouldn't touch this leasehold. It's way over-valued now. If the 7-yr cycle is true, then in about 6 yrs' time, the true value of this condo will show. Don;t forget the value was 550psf brand new. For 99-yearer, 550 (true value) minus years spent, maybe 400 psf. Bad economy - minus another 20% or so. Developer is now trying to cash in while the hordes are crazy. But remember - the true value and they have already said it - 550 psf (and they would still have made a pile at that price). I wouldn't touch it.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 15:34
I wouldn't touch this leasehold. It's way over-valued now. If the 7-yr cycle is true, then in about 6 yrs' time, the true value of this condo will show. Don;t forget the value was 550psf brand new. For 99-yearer, 550 (true value) minus years spent, maybe 400 psf. Bad economy - minus another 20% or so. Developer is now trying to cash in while the hordes are crazy. But remember - the true value and they have already said it - 550 psf (and they would still have made a pile at that price). I wouldn't touch it.

I agree. This is priced way, way, beyond what it should be. Sit on your cash ..and wait like a vulture to pounce when there's a downturn in the property market. What goes up...

Supporter
26-06-07, 16:02
I agree. This is priced way, way, beyond what it should be. Sit on your cash ..and wait like a vulture to pounce when there's a downturn in the property market. What goes up...

I support you.
See you in 5 years' time.
Bye!

St.
26-06-07, 17:34
I too support you. the sky-high price is crazy. It was originally planned at 550 but is now more than doubled. It's now time for us to say no. only a poorly responded launch will cool down the developers & flippers.

En Bloc Owner
26-06-07, 17:40
You already have a roof. Please stay out. Thanks for your cooperation.

I need a place to stay.
$1,300 psf is not a problem but I need an assurance that I can get an unit.

St.
26-06-07, 18:39

I need a place to stay.
$1,300 psf is not a problem but I need an assurance that I can get an unit. You bet I won't touch it at that crazy price... Good luck!

relax lah
26-06-07, 18:44
There are still many nice freehold places in D9,10,11 where you can immediately get a decent roof over your head for $1300 psf. Why look at Rochester? Don't understand you.

I need a place to stay.

ht
26-06-07, 21:00

I need a place to stay.

I think the impending launch at nearby Westpeak, which would be well under $1K psf, would probably put a slight damper on The Rochester's $1300 psf launch ....

so you should be able to secure your unit pretty easily....

Registered
27-06-07, 00:15
I think the impending launch at nearby Westpeak, which would be well under $1K psf, would probably put a slight damper on The Rochester's $1300 psf launch ....

so you should be able to secure your unit pretty easily....

That one is in West Coast. This one is in one-north.
Different lah.

Unregistered
27-06-07, 00:22
Say what you like guys.... This proj is at One North. Also right next to MRT. The proj may not sell out in a day but it will eventually sell out. Mark my word!

St.
27-06-07, 08:53
Say what you like guys.... This proj is at One North. Also right next to MRT. The proj may not sell out in a day but it will eventually sell out. Mark my word! Fools will buy at whatever price the greedy developer asks for; fools rush in and buy from flippers. There may still be enough fools... but people here are talking about the wisdom of buying it *at the crazy price*

Unregistered
27-06-07, 10:14
ST. Leave them alone. These guys are probably not potential buyers, but rather agents eager to pump up enthusiasm for the project. I can tell just by the way they speak or write.

Investor.
27-06-07, 13:34
ST. Leave them alone. These guys are probably not potential buyers, but rather agents eager to pump up enthusiasm for the project. I can tell just by the way they speak or write.

Don't be so narrow-minded lah.
Agents don't have time like us who can surf the web almost every minutes during office hours lah.

We are the same. The only difference is that you believe in selling, we believe in buying.

Only time can tell who is right and who is wrong.
For us, buy buy buy! (This is of course foolish in your eyes.)

Unregistered
27-06-07, 13:42
This one must tread cautiusly. There may be many funds and banks buying wholesale, so jacking up the price unrealistically. Then they will time their sale based on their expert research, and the one-unit buyer will suffer - he would have bought too high and left dry when the funds rein in their profits and run. It's like a small-scale 1997 financial crisis - funds pull out their investments, leaving Asia to dry and suffer. Only this time, it's on the condo. Those left behind, suffers. I agree - don't touch this one unless it's 550 psf. Let's all challenge the developer to this price. Alas, but the funds will come in and snatch up at high prices - they got the money and it's not theirs. Lose also nevermind.

Market Watcher
27-06-07, 14:37
This one must tread cautiusly. There may be many funds and banks buying wholesale, so jacking up the price unrealistically. Then they will time their sale based on their expert research, and the one-unit buyer will suffer - he would have bought too high and left dry when the funds rein in their profits and run. It's like a small-scale 1997 financial crisis - funds pull out their investments, leaving Asia to dry and suffer. Only this time, it's on the condo. Those left behind, suffers. I agree - don't touch this one unless it's 550 psf. Let's all challenge the developer to this price. Alas, but the funds will come in and snatch up at high prices - they got the money and it's not theirs. Lose also nevermind.

If the risk, in your opinion, is too high for you, just don't buy lor.
Don't challenge the market lah.
Nobody can challenge the market one.

St.
27-06-07, 15:23
Don't be so narrow-minded lah.
Agents don't have time like us who can surf the web almost every minutes during office hours lah.

We are the same. The only difference is that you believe in selling, we believe in buying.

Only time can tell who is right and who is wrong.
For us, buy buy buy! (This is of course foolish in your eyes.) Pls don't get me wrong. I will also buy at reasonable price , such as 600-800. If one can buy at *good price* -- like the guys in previous OneNorthRes who got it at $78x and the developer's offer price shut up to $950-1000 just after 3 days soft-launch; they're the lucky ones (mostlikely insiders or related) -- of course he should buy buy buy. It's only a fool if he accepts whatever price available to him and yet believes there's always room to go up further. Unless with a pressing need to get his roof at that particular project, I think one is foolish to rush in & buy from flipper. It's kind of evil to talk up & encourage others to buy buy buy the over-priced or his flipped unit. Our difference is to buy at what price.

ht
27-06-07, 20:50
That one is in West Coast. This one is in one-north.
Different lah.

I know they are different....but if Westpeak launch at around 800psf, I would think the 500psf difference is a strong enuff reason for people to consider it as alternative...especially when people are feeling the heat and it seems some amount of caution is starting to set in...

I have no problem with the Rochester getting sold out at 1300psf...in fact I will be happy :)

Unregistered
28-06-07, 14:07
Yeah man developer also not stupid one. They are in the business to make money. Have been struggling for so many years, now they want to make a killing. Many trying to sell above valuation in the same place, taking their time if need be, b/c market is good so they rather sell very high. If a development is sold out in one or two days, that means that developer is stupid - selling too low. If development is selling reasonably well (like Meyers by Guocoland) but taking a while to sell out and the selling price is way beyond the valuation in the same vicinity (like Meyers by Guocoland), then that developer is clever. Those buyers got money, they just spend. Funds got tons of money, they can spend. But it means everybody still thinks the economy is good. But is it good enough for the middle class to pay so much higher. The winner at the end of the day is --- clever developers.

Unregistered
28-06-07, 14:11
I agree. Clever developers no need to be so kan cheong. Put the prices high high, and wait for buyers to come - take weeks or months also can. Economy is good, no downturn in sight, Osama don't know hiding where, and US on its way to only a soft landing. All look great, just like 1996.

Market Watcher
28-06-07, 15:04
I agree. Clever developers no need to be so kan cheong. Put the prices high high, and wait for buyers to come - take weeks or months also can. Economy is good, no downturn in sight, Osama don't know hiding where, and US on its way to only a soft landing. All look great, just like 1996.

More like 1989 - not 1996.

Observer.
28-06-07, 18:26
28 June 2007

First Phase of The Marq Fully Sold
Units sold at an average S$4,137 psf, with a highest price of S$5,100 psf

Singapore, 28 June 2007 - SC Global Developments Ltd, one of Singapore’s leading developers of exclusive luxury residences, is pleased to announce that it received overwhelming response to the first phase of private previews for its ultra luxurious residential development, The Marq On Paterson Hill (‘The Marq’). Previews were by invitation only.

The first phase – about a third of all available apartments – comprising 21 units from the two blocks, Premier Tower and Signature Tower – have been fully sold. The average selling price achieved was $4,137 per square foot. Of the 21 units sold, eight apartments were within The Signature Tower, highly coveted for its signature 15-metre private lap pool in every unit. Prices for the entire development ranged from approximately S$11 million to S$31 million, with a unit in the Signature Tower achieving S$5,100 psf.

The Marq on Paterson Hill is 24 storeys high; the 3 penthouses which occupy the top two floors of the building and apartments on the higher floors were not released in the first phase of private previews. The Signature Tower will be home to 21 ultra spacious 5 –bedroom apartments averaging 6,195 sq ft, beside it will stand the Premier Tower with 42 luxuriously appointed 4 –bedroom apartments averaging 3,000 sq ft.

SC Global Developments has no confirmed date for the release of the second phase of units at this point.

Even if it is $1,300 psf, so what?
Are you going waste time debating the few hundred psf?

Aiyoh! Please!
If it is $5,100 psf, I can understand. It is not.

D10 Investor
28-06-07, 18:45
The crowd may be stupid, but they are stronger than you and me...

Curious
28-06-07, 18:59
The crowd may be stupid, but they are stronger than you and me...

Are you say "Don't try to beat the market/crowd. Just follow the market/crowd."?

D10 Investor
29-06-07, 00:17
The crowd is right most of the time, without their massive buying power, the market will not move, following the crowd/trend is the still the easier way to make money. It is at the turning point/peak that the crowd is all wrong. Of course, it is easier said than done to sell at the peak. Just remember you are part of this massive bubble and TRY TO GET OUT before it bursts.

Curious
29-06-07, 09:07
The crowd is right most of the time, without their massive buying power, the market will not move, following the crowd/trend is the still the easier way to make money. It is at the turning point/peak that the crowd is all wrong. Of course, it is easier said than done to sell at the peak. Just remember you are part of this massive bubble and TRY TO GET OUT before it bursts.

Agreed. Thank you!

Unregistered
29-06-07, 10:07
The Marq's sold out so well means the developer not so clever one, selling too low. If market is a pure demand/supply, then the highest price for a property will be at the point (meeting point) of same number of demand and supply. If too many demands compared to supply like the marq, that means developer didn't do enough homework to price it right. It's almost the perfect market for developer, so it can even push the meeting point higher by predicting that even if demand at that extremely high meeting point is below that of supply, give it 1 or 2 weeks, and the equilibrium will be reached. If I were the developer, I will pay abit more attention to econimics. Only then will it be playing to market forces. I think The Marq can easily go for 7000 to 7500 psf and it will be sold out within 2 weeks (but it won't sell out immediately). So I think this developer not clever one. For high net worth individuals at such luxury condo, paying 2 or 3 million more for a unit is small change and small consideration. They like, they will demand it. It's abt of status conscious too. The higher they paid for their condo, the richer their peers think of them and want to associate and do business with them - "Wah, friend, you bought the Marq. Heard it costs 7500psf. You must be doing well. How about golf next week? Want to be an independent director in my company?"

Observer.
29-06-07, 10:14
The Marq's sold out so well means the developer not so clever one, selling too low. If market is a pure demand/supply, then the highest price for a property will be at the point (meeting point) of same number of demand and supply. If too many demands compared to supply like the marq, that means developer didn't do enough homework to price it right. It's almost the perfect market for developer, so it can even push the meeting point higher by predicting that even if demand at that extremely high meeting point is below that of supply, give it 1 or 2 weeks, and the equilibrium will be reached. If I were the developer, I will pay abit more attention to econimics. Only then will it be playing to market forces. I think The Marq can easily go for 7000 to 7500 psf and it will be sold out within 2 weeks (but it won't sell out immediately). So I think this developer not clever one. For high net worth individuals at such luxury condo, paying 2 or 3 million more for a unit is small change and small consideration. They like, they will demand it. It's abt of status conscious too. The higher they paid for their condo, the richer their peers think of them and want to associate and do business with them - "Wah, friend, you bought the Marq. Heard it costs 7500psf. You must be doing well. How about golf next week? Want to be an independent director in my company?"

Agree that the developers are not so smart in the MarQ and Duchess cases. But then again, it is not easy to guess the correct optimium selling price. What if they guess wrongly? That's why they play safe, i.e. make a bit less just to be safe.

Agree buyers for MarQ are not price-sensitive.

Unregistered
29-06-07, 11:05
don't understand why people in this forum started to talk about MarQ and 5100psf. Be it 5100 or 7000, so what? there is only a very small group of richest people (and 65% are foreigners) who can reach it anyway. i think most, if not all, here shouldn't care about it, but we do care about 200psf difference in rochester! that's why we are here and reading. be realistic, man.

Bypasser.
29-06-07, 11:32
don't understand why people in this forum started to talk about MarQ and 5100psf. Be it 5100 or 7000, so what? there is only a very small group of richest people (and 65% are foreigners) who can reach it anyway. i think most, if not all, here shouldn't care about it, but we do care about 200psf difference in rochester! that's why we are here and reading. be realistic, man.

They are just saying if MarQ can reach $5,100 psf,
then The Rochester can reach $1,500 psf.

They are not saying The Rochester can reach $5,100 psf.

Or put it anyway.
If nearby Duchess Residences can reach $2,100 psf,

Something to this effect.

Market Watcher
29-06-07, 12:38
They are just saying if MarQ can reach $5,100 psf,

They are not saying The Rochester can reach $5,100 psf.

Or put it anyway.
If nearby Duchess Residences can reach $2,100 psf,

Something to this effect.

A high of $1,300 psf is acceptable for The Rochester.

Unregistered
29-06-07, 13:54
do you believe a keen buyer will try to boost the market sentiment right before the project launch? so, say whatever you like, guys. ...just curious, do you benefit from talking up here? ha ha ha...

Economist
29-06-07, 13:57
do you believe a keen buyer will try to boost the market sentiment right before the project launch? so, say whatever you like, guys. ...just curious, do you benefit from talking up here? ha ha ha...

Market can talk up one meh?
Are you kiddin'?

Only the market forces can determine the market direction.

St.
29-06-07, 16:42
Market can talk up one meh?
Are you kiddin'?

Only the market forces can determine the market direction. I remember to read that a China developer itself faked a record-high transaction to create news on papers. It is possible for big players, properly together with media, to inflenuence the market sentiment and pump up enthusiasm before launch.

The crowd & mass market shouldn't be misled by the prime D9,10,11 properties. The MarQ sold at 5100 has nothing to justify Rochester's 1300, b's the MarQ buyers are far far richer than 4 times of Rochester (one-unit) buyers. They live in a totally different world.

Fedup!
29-06-07, 16:54
I remember to read that a China developer itself faked a record-high transaction to create news on papers. It is possible for big players, properly together with media, to inflenuence the market sentiment and pump up enthusiasm before launch.

The crowd & mass market shouldn't be misled by the prime D9,10,11 properties. The MarQ sold at 5100 has nothing to justify Rochester's 1300, b's the MarQ buyers are far far richer than 4 times of Rochester (one-unit) buyers. They live in a totally different world.

So should be $5,100 psf vs $510 psf?
Rubbish!
Talk like an idiot!

If you are poor, just stay away. Don't mess around The Rochester.

St.
29-06-07, 17:23
So should be $5,100 psf vs $510 psf?
Rubbish!
Talk like an idiot!

If you are poor, just stay away. Don't mess around The Rochester. If you like to be the sucker, go ahead and enjoy what you are.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 09:46
How come the people at Marq are so rich? Are they the who's who in Singapore and maybe the region, or are they some unknown uber rich people, or are they under-declared tax-evasive hawkers?

District 5
02-07-07, 09:50
How come the people at Marq are so rich? Are they the who's who in Singapore and maybe the region, or are they some unknown uber rich people, or are they under-declared tax-evasive hawkers?

I think enough of MarQ lah! Tired already.

Let's talk about something else lah.
Let's talk about the latest Duchess Residences $2,200 psf (which has just overtook the $2,100 psf).

Unregistered
02-07-07, 10:17
We were at the Duchess Residences' showflat yesterday. It was basically sold out. What remained are the penhouses and garden maisonettes. These were going for 5-6 million dollars.

The agent said that people began to queue 3am on Saturday morning, and the three and four br units were gone within a few hours after the door opened. yes, they were sold at more than $2000 psf. It is like 1996 all over again. The agents said they saw many foreigners.

We toured the showflat, which is a replica of a penhouse. The finish is not that good. Nothing special. My wife said it is worse then Carabelle. I don't agree with her. but I also felt it was not very impressive. We concluded that it is the location that drew the crowd. We are happy to stay in the west coast, and let the action in the central area take its course.

District 5
02-07-07, 10:23
We were at the Duchess Residences' showflat yesterday. It was basically sold out. What remained are the penhouses and garden maisonettes. These were going for 5-6 million dollars.

The agent said that people began to queue 3am on Saturday morning, and the three and four br units were gone within a few hours after the door opened. yes, they were sold at more than $2000 psf. It is like 1996 all over again. The agents said they saw many foreigners.

We toured the showflat, which is a replica of a penhouse. The finish is not that good. Nothing special. My wife said it is worse then Carabelle. I don't agree with her. but I also felt it was not very impressive. We concluded that it is the location that drew the crowd. We are happy to stay in the west coast, and let the action in the central area take its course.

Now waiting for The Rochester to repeat what what happened at Duchess Residences on Saturday 3am.
But, but, but at a lower price of course due to the different location.

$1,700-2,200 psf vs $1,000-1,500 psf.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 10:36
Will you take a pillow with you? Don't forget to bring along an umbrella just in case in rain at 3am. We will certainly not be there.

District 5
02-07-07, 11:08
Will you take a pillow with you? Don't forget to bring along an umbrella just in case in rain at 3am. We will certainly not be there.

My agent's runner will queue for me lah.
Do you expect me to queue up?

rpf
02-07-07, 11:31
The agent said that people began to queue 3am on Saturday morning, and the three and four br units were gone within a few hours after the door opened. yes, they were sold at more than $2000 psf.

Hmmm...heard a few versions. Some said 3 bdrm for duchess residences were fully sold out on Thursday's private preview at 1800-2200psf. Others mentioned there were still some available on Saturday's viewing. If former was accurate, those queuing for 3bdrm from 3am Sat really wasted their effort.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 13:52
Not recommending at 800psf. Far too high. Top govt. people are saying "big shock" and "something's coming". Ignore them at your peril. It's not just a "shock", it's "BIG". Foreigners buying nevermind. They are injecting money into this place.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 13:53
As long as the foreigners are not taking local bank's loans. It must be raw money or "this place" loses if the big shock also affect these foreigners.

Banker
02-07-07, 14:05
As long as the foreigners are not taking local bank's loans. It must be raw money or "this place" loses if the big shock also affect these foreigners.

Foreigners can take more than 50% loan.

Registered
02-07-07, 14:08
Not recommending at 800psf. Far too high. Top govt. people are saying "big shock" and "something's coming". Ignore them at your peril. It's not just a "shock", it's "BIG". Foreigners buying nevermind. They are injecting money into this place.

$800psf?
Are you out of your mind?
Everyone here will grab man!

Government says Buy, you Buy?
Government says Big Shock, you Sell?
You are an idiot then.

We are not an idiot like you.
Anyway, government never says A Big Shock is coming.

Banker
02-07-07, 14:20
Foreigners can take more than 50% loan.

Foreigners can't take more than 50% loan.

News
02-07-07, 14:21

You are a liar!
The government never says that.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 14:22
$800psf?
Are you out of your mind?
Everyone here will grab man!

Government says Buy, you Buy?
Government says Big Shock, you Sell?
You are an idiot then.

We are not an idiot like you.
Anyway, government never says A Big Shock is coming.

I want to buy, but I am concerned about buying in a rising market. Sunday Times got an interview with the bodybuilder who says he doesn't bu in a rising market when people are rushing for them. Today newspaper reports today that some analysts think Asia will be hit very badly soon. There are at best nixed signals everywhere and hedge funds are buying up and they can very fast sell-out also. Then there will be an over-supply. My property will worth so much less than. I think that guy who says doesn't recommend at 800psf is abit ridiculous at this hot market, but I think he or she meant well (he or she could have been burnt like the story on ST about the interior designer who had to break the piggy bank for son's medical fees). We should not ridicule well-meaning people. It doesn't mean they are right, but they could be right. It's a scary time. Buy also not so right, don't buy also not so right. I think govt should stop hedge funds and such funds companies from buying certain properties, like this one. This can keep the market prices more stable. We all want the market to grow at a steady pace, like 5% per year. No bubble, poor economy also won't affect too much. Hedge funds etc make life difficult for the average person.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 14:35
You are a liar!
The government never says that.

Let's put things in perspective. It was actually a very top government person quoting a survey. TODAY puts it this way: "Risk analysts, in a survey conducted by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, warned of a possible "big shock" in the property and stock markets — perhaps before the end of next year." So that guy is correct to say that "some top government people are saying ... " That guy didn't say the government is saying there will be a "big shock".

TODAY also says: "The 10th anniversary of the crisis has prompted cautionary notes from some political and business leaders, including Second Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who last week said: "Something's coming." - So that guy is correct also.

But if you put things in perspective, it means there are top government people who are using the terms "big shock" and "something's coming", but it is not official government's warning or prediction. It could be something beyond the government's control, so better to have some top government people giving out some subtle hints here and there. Mind you, these are not ordinary government people using and saying the terms. Read their portfolio and their past and current appointments. Both got "finance" written allover their portfolio. They know more than we do or say these for what. But still, it's not official government's warning or prediction. So let's put them in perspective.

rpf
02-07-07, 14:57
mkts can go 3 ways. up, down and sideways.

if u hear someone says mkt is turning, he will most probably get it right....eventually.

question is not if, question is when.

once that can be answered, next question to ask is how much opportunity foregone resides between now and then....

That then should help in the investment decision

Registered
02-07-07, 15:00
Let's put things in perspective. It was actually a very top government person quoting a survey. TODAY puts it this way: "Risk analysts, in a survey conducted by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, warned of a possible "big shock" in the property and stock markets — perhaps before the end of next year." So that guy is correct to say that "some top government people are saying ... " That guy didn't say the government is saying there will be a "big shock".

TODAY also says: "The 10th anniversary of the crisis has prompted cautionary notes from some political and business leaders, including Second Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who last week said: "Something's coming." - So that guy is correct also.

But if you put things in perspective, it means there are top government people who are using the terms "big shock" and "something's coming", but it is not official government's warning or prediction. It could be something beyond the government's control, so better to have some top government people giving out some subtle hints here and there. Mind you, these are not ordinary government people using and saying the terms. Read their portfolio and their past and current appointments. Both got "finance" written allover their portfolio. They know more than we do or say these for what. But still, it's not official government's warning or prediction. So let's put them in perspective.

So must say correctly lah.

Careful not to get into an accident when you cross the road.
..... is different from .....
Don't cross the road. You will get an accident.

This guy is saying .....
Don't buy, government says "things" coming, price will drop to $800 psf.
Cum my foot, idiot!

Unregistered
02-07-07, 17:02
mkts can go 3 ways. up, down and sideways.

if u hear someone says mkt is turning, he will most probably get it right....eventually.

question is not if, question is when.

once that can be answered, next question to ask is how much opportunity foregone resides between now and then....

That then should help in the investment decision

I agree. the question is the BIG when? Market will definitely go up and down or sideway, so when you buy is a big question. If you had bought in 06, you are very lucky. If bought in 2007, would have paid much higher than 06 or 05. ST today frontpage got this story of Bishan no longer a hotspot, how 2 property agents bought their exec mais at 730k or so, and now only worth less than 500k (and now is a hot market) - poor timing. Is this the time to buy? That's the question.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 17:17
I agree. the question is the BIG when? Market will definitely go up and down or sideway, so when you buy is a big question. If you had bought in 06, you are very lucky. If bought in 2007, would have paid much higher than 06 or 05. ST today frontpage got this story of Bishan no longer a hotspot, how 2 property agents bought their exec mais at 730k or so, and now only worth less than 500k (and now is a hot market) - poor timing. Is this the time to buy? That's the question.

No venture no gain, lah. Normally, the higher the risk you take the higher the reward subject to market moving in your direction!

ht
02-07-07, 17:19
So it all boils down to the million $ question; when will it peak? let's poll:

(a) 1-3mths : by Sep 07
(b) 3-6mths : by Dec 07
(c) 6-12mths : by Jun 08
(d) 12-18mths : by Dec 08
(e) You are damm optimistic !!

ST reported "Big Shock" will come by End 08, i.e., (d)

Personally, I think it's C. The market will stay resilient until about mid-08, beyond which, I am really not certain.

Pls dun take this too seriously, or gun me down, just doing this out of curiosity, wanting to finding out the sentiments of the forumers here

:) :)

Unregistered
02-07-07, 17:37

Personally, I think it's C. The market will stay resilient until about mid-08, beyond which, I am really not certain.

Pls dun take this too seriously, or gun me down, just doing this out of curiosity, wanting to finding out the sentiments of the forumers here

Should be end 2008 or even early 2009. Believe the garment cannot let the the 2 IRs to go down the drain. It would be disastrous for the Singapore rejuvenation exercise. However, I also believe somehow the garment will talk the market to cool down but not the extent of crashing it!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
02-07-07, 17:44

Thank you for clarifying. Pei seh and sorry if I wasn't clear.

in-the-know
02-07-07, 19:51
All wrong! The big shock is not crash, the big shock will be property shooting up to NYC and London levels!

Who will be the people buying? They are certainly not Sengkang Sally or Hougang Harry. Not even the average local Shenton Way or Millenia Tower yuppie.

The people who will buy are the new breed of investor that Singapore has not seen before and not even seeing now. So far up till now, most buyers are the small time global rich, maybe worth only $10-$15 million total assets. We haven't seen the billionaires come in yet.

The peak will come in 2012. You can mark this post and can refer back to it in 2012.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 20:15
All wrong! The big shock is not crash, the big shock will be property shooting up to NYC and London levels!

Who will be the people buying? They are certainly not Sengkang Sally or Hougang Harry. Not even the average local Shenton Way or Millenia Tower yuppie.

The people who will buy are the new breed of investor that Singapore has not seen before and not even seeing now. So far up till now, most buyers are the small time global rich, maybe worth only $10-$15 million total assets. We haven't seen the billionaires come in yet.

The peak will come in 2012. You can mark this post and can refer back to it in 2012.

I have met so many "in-the-know" in my life, but all of these "in-the-know" turn out to be "thought they know" or "I wish I knew" with time......
If you have mortaged your shirt to buy property, stay put, no need to panic
If something bad happen, you will not be alone....

Unregistered
02-07-07, 20:45
I have met so many "in-the-know" in my life, but all of these "in-the-know" turn out to be "thought they know" or "I wish I knew" with time......
If you have mortaged your shirt to buy property, stay put, no need to panic
If something bad happen, you will not be alone....

"you will not be alone...." RIGHT ON SPOT!!!!

The fastest rate of growth in the world "zeronaire"!!!! 66,660 new member club.....

rpf
02-07-07, 21:35
The actual article:

*Singapore Warns of Looming Global Crisis Amid Asset Bubbles

By Shamim Adam
June 24 (Bloomberg) -- Global financial markets are at risk
of a ``vicious'' pull back of investment as interest rates
increase, Singapore's Second Finance Minister Tharman
Shanmugaratnam said.
So-called asset bubbles are forming as the price of real
estate, stocks and other assets increases across the world,
Shanmugaratnam told delegates attending the World Economic Forum
on East Asia conference in Singapore today.
``Seasoned observers know the risks are piling up in the
system,'' Shanmugaratnam said. ``It's precisely because everyone
is feeling good that we know something is coming. The risk of an
unwinding in global financial markets arising from an increase
in interest rates, in particular, is going to have many
unpredictable impacts.''
A total of $469 billion in overseas investment will move to
emerging markets this year, according to the Institute of
International Finance in Washington. That will bring the total
since 2005 to almost $1.5 trillion, twice as much as in the
prior three years.
Policy makers in Asia are adding restrictions on lending
and increasing taxes on share trades to combat bubbles that have
made Hong Kong's apartment rents the world's costliest and
Chinese stocks twice as expensive as others in the region.
Central banks in Asia including Japan and China have raised
interest rates this year.
``We really can't tell from this unwinding, but it can be
substantial, and financial markets should brace themselves and
put in place shock absorbers,'' Shanmugaratnam said. ``Let's
realize that asset markets that go up can eventually come down,
keep our eyes open and look at the bubbles that are forming
across the world today, including in Asia.''

Unregistered
02-07-07, 22:13
"you will not be alone...." RIGHT ON SPOT!!!!

The fastest rate of growth in the world "zeronaire"!!!! 66,660 new member club.....

I am fortunate to be on the "seller" side since the beginning of the year.
I have been buying property shortly after the "SARS",
I have indeed mortgaged my shirt for doing so, even the Singapore encomy collapsed tomorrow, I am doing OK.
If the boom last one more year, I should be able to retire by next summer. Not a bad idea, I don't mind to be at a fancy resort in Bali enjoying the olympic games for the whole month.

Buyer
02-07-07, 23:27
OK, now back to The Rochester, buy or not to buy during launch.

Buy!
Yes!

Investor.
02-07-07, 23:28

Buy!
Yes!

What are you buying?
Just a 2 bedroom.

Buyer
02-07-07, 23:29
What are you buying?
Just a 2 bedroom.

2 bedroom is fine.

I dunno yet.
Most probably 2bedder too.
Maybe 3bedder?

Curious
02-07-07, 23:30
2 bedroom is fine.

I dunno yet.
Most probably 2bedder too.
Maybe 3bedder?

Which facing?
Which level?
At what psf?

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:30

Buy!
Yes!

Hope you won't lose your shirt
Goood luck!

Buyer
02-07-07, 23:36
Hope you won't lose your shirt
Goood luck!

Thank you.
I won't.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:45
Thank you.
I won't.
I think you make a biggest mistake in your life

Buyer
02-07-07, 23:54
I think you make a biggest mistake in your life

I think you too.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 00:10
In URA's press release today:

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Registered
03-07-07, 10:42

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Like that ah ..... let's go and buy The Rochester man!
When are they launching?

Unregistered
03-07-07, 11:02

Why are so so panic in spreading the good news in all the threads?
I hope you are not one of those who lost the shirt in 1996 and trying to recoup your losses by going all out this time.
Stay calm, if you are lucky, you may make it big this time

Unregistered
03-07-07, 11:52
i guess many forumers here are actually on the seller side, such as flippers of OneNorthRes. they just pump up enthusiasm here and cook up sentiment for buying, with the hope to cash in their speculations sooner. hdb rose nearly 3% this quarter, the largest among 11 yrs. the craze has spread to the mass market. I think some cool-down measures will soon be announced. the speculators deserve getting burnt again.

Economist
03-07-07, 12:06
i guess many forumers here are actually on the seller side, such as flippers of OneNorthRes. they just pump up enthusiasm here and cook up sentiment for buying, with the hope to cash in their speculations sooner. hdb rose nearly 3% this quarter, the largest among 11 yrs. the craze has spread to the mass market. I think some cool-down measures will soon be announced. the speculators deserve getting burnt again.

You mean the government is going to burn the country economy and speculators?

03-07-07, 12:09

Yes, I love it.
Get the government to introduce 1997 measures and burn the country economy.
Make stupid idiots like you go jobless and work as beggars and maids.
Yes, please do it!
Ha ha ha!

Investor.
03-07-07, 12:13
Why are so so panic in spreading the good news in all the threads?
I hope you are not one of those who lost the shirt in 1996 and trying to recoup your losses by going all out this time.
Stay calm, if you are lucky, you may make it big this time

Perhaps he is recouping. Nevertheless, it is good for him too.

For people like me who missed the 1990-6 actions and only started investing in 2006, it is definitely good news.

Up up up!

Unregistered
03-07-07, 12:25
By the way, are most or all of the anti-speculation measures still in place? What else will the government do? I can see they will release more land. But other than that, what should a government do to stop citizens of a land-scarce country from buying properties?

Unregistered
03-07-07, 12:26
Yes, I love it.
Yes, please do it!
Ha ha ha!

you meant you flippers can hijack the state economy? it's only you & the speculating activities getting burnt like that in 1997. ha ha, you will get jobless then, since your job is here to fool people buying in your speculations. we're doing well in 1997 by the way. all current owners meant to invest long term or live in will be fine as they have the holding power. but i surely won't take you as my maid.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 12:27
Yes, I love it.
Yes, please do it!
Ha ha ha!

It is not too late to introduce measures to cool the speculative activity and number of local folks affected is rather limited. The recent frenzy is rather limited in terms of exposure in comparing to the 1993-1996 boom. First, the frenzy has just started not long ago. Second, many still has fresh memmory of their experiences in the mid-90s. Third, many who ent in the mid-90s, be it be private condos, landed properties or even HDB, are still under the water and as such they don't have the means to speculate the way folks in the 90 did.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 12:37
By the way, are most or all of the anti-speculation measures still in place? What else will the government do? I can see they will release more land. But other than that, what should a government do to stop citizens of a land-scarce country from buying properties?

such as banning or collecting heavy duty for subsale transactions within xx years of initial purchase etc. look at the previous OneNorthRes, there're pages of ad in a single condo web (http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/search/apartment-sale/page3-d05-sESTATE.htm). i guess they're those who jump up at this forum using offensive words...

Unregistered
03-07-07, 12:59
such as banning or collecting heavy duty for subsale transactions within xx years of initial purchase etc. look at the previous OneNorthRes, there're pages of ad in a single condo web (http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/search/apartment-sale/page3-d05-sESTATE.htm). i guess they're those who jump up at this forum using offensive words...

I don't think that is possible, because it is hard to define subsales, or distinguish it from normal sales. Some subsales may be justified by certain circumstances. Do the government have to peruse the circumstances of each subsale to decide to permit or not?

Profit from subsales is already subject to income tax, by the way. It is not like
the government condones or encourage subsales by not taxing the profit.

Look at China, the government tries to talk the stock market down. It is working? No! I am not saying that Sin government will do nothing. I am saying it is a balancing act. They don't want to market to soar, but neither do they want it to crash either.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:01
So, don't be too sure that there will be more anti-speculation measures coming. They may not be more.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:03

Great idea,
this is one way to ensure gradual appreciation of property prices in tandem of the growing economy and population. Speculators driven frenzy resulted in dramatic appreciation of property prices would eventually damage the health growth of our economy and there is no question that policy makers know this well.

Economist
03-07-07, 13:03
I don't think that is possible, because it is hard to define subsales, or distinguish it from normal sales. Some subsales may be justified by certain circumstances. Do the government have to peruse the circumstances of each subsale to decide to permit or not?

Profit from subsales is already subject to income tax, by the way. It is not like

Look at China, the government tries to talk the stock market down. It is working? No! I am not saying that Sin government will do nothing. I am saying it is a balancing act. They don't want to market to soar, but neither do they want it to crash either.

Put it simply.
A crash will burn everybody.
Name me a crash that the economy is not effected?

And yes, it's a balancing act.
The act to "cool" but "not to crash".

03-07-07, 13:06
you meant you flippers can hijack the state economy? it's only you & the speculating activities getting burnt like that in 1997. ha ha, you will get jobless then, since your job is here to fool people buying in your speculations. we're doing well in 1997 by the way. all current owners meant to invest long term or live in will be fine as they have the holding power. but i surely won't take you as my maid.

Stupid idiot!
1997 crash, economy is also affected lah, stupid!
You got a million in the bank, then you come talk to me.
Otherwise, stay clear!
Stupid idiot! Know nothing but open useless big mouth.

District 5
03-07-07, 13:11

Go eat shit lah!
If you hate speculators, go kill them.
Don't drag us innocent home owners into it.
If my house value go down due to a crash, you will get shit in your face!

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:11
For those expecting an immediate announcement of anti-speculation measures, please visit the showflats of Botannia. I was there last weekend, and there was hardly any potential buyers there. There were more agents than potential buyers.

Most of the frenzy is limited to the central area. Duchess Residences sold out in one day.

But how do you cool activity in one part of the city only? You can't.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:19
Stupid idiot!
1997 crash, economy is also affected lah, stupid!
You got a million in the bank, then you come talk to me.
Otherwise, stay clear!
Stupid idiot! Know nothing but open useless big mouth.
Are you so scaring? so you can only shout a few offensive words? You'd better go lost!

03-07-07, 13:21
Are you so scaring? so you can only shout a few offensive words? You'd better go lost!

I get lost so that you can stay here?
In your dream, stupid idiot!

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:37

You can't collect income tax from thieves. You need to ban / punish them. Here some anti-speculation measures are needed to directly rule out flippers. The state economy will be more healthy and sustainable only if getting rid of the short-term speculators, whether locals or foreigners.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:44
Sad to see name callings and so forth in this forum. Anyhow, Singapore is a free market and let it be so..... control and stuff do not sit well with international institution which in term will lead to other negative consequences. Right to say that speculation may damage the country economy but do you really want to have a close economy? Singapore is small without natural resources. All we have are brains and hardworking people. Will not survive by ourselves if we adopt closed economy.

There are sure people who disagrees with this view but just think about it....

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:46
For those expecting an immediate announcement of anti-speculation measures, please visit the showflats of Botannia. I was there last weekend, and there was hardly any potential buyers there. There were more agents than potential buyers.

Most of the frenzy is limited to the central area. Duchess Residences sold out in one day.

But how do you cool activity in one part of the city only? You can't.

the answer is to rule out the flippers. botannia is quiet cos less or no flippers. OneNorthRes or DuchessRes were sold out like hotcakes also cos the flippers' gettting in. be it long-term investment or living in, the normal buyers are more rational. the current sharp uptrend is not purely of demand vs supply, it's due to frenzy speculative activities.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:49
You can't collect income tax from thieves. You need to ban / punish them. Here some anti-speculation measures are needed to directly rule out flippers. The state economy will be more healthy and sustainable only if getting rid of the short-term speculators, whether locals or foreigners.

Yeh! Yeh Yeh! Ban them from buying/selling. What is needed is to impose a rule to the effect that whoever buys a property is only allow to resell it say, at after 1 year of purchase. This applies only to completed properties only. Deferred payment scheme should also be aborted because this is no longer needed as an incentive in a rising market. To continue this scheme will only encourage more speculation and further heating up the market!

Bypasser.
03-07-07, 14:14
Wow! So many dialogues exchanged within such a short time.
There must be something about this The Rochester.

Would anyone waste time fending off other buyers, telling them "not to buy", if they have no interest in the project?

If the project is lousy, I wouldn't even waste my time reading the thread, not to mention contributing in the forum.

It's time to do more research on The Rochester.
By the way, when is it launching?

Unregistered
03-07-07, 14:16
Don't be so angry about the flippers. They are the ones that risk their life savings to speculate, and risk being totally destroyed if there is a crash. If you hate them so much for reaping profits, you can be a flipper too. Then, why don't you. My philosophy is live and let live. Let them flip, and let them reap a profit if there is no crack down, and let them burn in hell if there is. It is their livelihood they are risking when they flip. If that is not your cup of tea, then just sit back and enjoy the view.

Observer.
03-07-07, 14:18
Don't be so angry about the flippers. They are the ones that risk their life savings to speculate, and risk being totally destroyed if there is a crash. If you hate them so much for reaping profits, you can be a flipper too. Then, why don't you. My philosophy is live and let live. Let them flip, and let them reap a profit if there is no crack down, and let them burn in hell if there is. It is their livelihood they are risking when they flip. If that is not your cup of tea, then just sit back and enjoy the view.

At least, this guy talks sense.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 14:19

Probably those who detest the flippers were because these "flippers" had made their dream of owning a condo gone to drain. Prices had skyrocketed beyond their reach???

Onlooker
03-07-07, 14:25
Probably those who detest the flippers were because these "flippers" had made their dream of owning a condo gone to drain. Prices had skyrocketed beyond their reach???

All potential condo buyers,

Please read today's Business Times.
There are many good condo below $400 psf available.
As some of these condos are in districts where the psf have fallen, they are definitely good buy.
Please don't give excuse that you can't own a condo because prices had skyrocketed.
The fact is you did not bother to do your homework.

Onlooker

Unregistered
03-07-07, 14:32

No, I think you may be wrong. Most of these guys wouldn't buy even at rock bottom prices. They wouldn't buy even if Rochester is selling for $500 psf. These guys are just risk averse type.

Not that I sympathize with flippers. Both the flippers and non-flippers have issues of their own. Non-flippers are most office jockeys, sitting on their butt all day and hoping that the government will do everything for them, and tell them what to do. The flippers are the opposite, and many of them will burn in hell. But that is what makes the game fun.

Onlooker
03-07-07, 14:36
No, I think you may be wrong. Most of these guys wouldn't buy even at rock bottom prices. They wouldn't buy even if Rochester is selling for $500 psf. These guys are just risk averse type.

Not that I sympathize with flippers. Both the flippers and non-flippers have issues of their own. Non-flippers are most office jockeys, sitting on their butt all day and hoping that the government will do everything for them, and tell them what to do. The flippers are the opposite, and many of them will burn in hell. But that is what makes the game fun.

.... but we also need to satisfy the group that is complaining here ....

They want to own a condo, so we help guide them a little bit.

Go read today's Business Times now.
And don't complain any more.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 15:03
.... but we also need to satisfy the group that is complaining here ....

They want to own a condo, so we help guide them a little bit.

Go read today's Business Times now.
And don't complain any more.

This is wat we call constructive discussions!!! Not name callings!!! Totally agree with the last two post.

Go around Dist 23, 25 & 27, there might have some good yet affordable developments...

Unregistered
03-07-07, 15:04

You forgot folks like us who bought during after 911 and/or SARS and is now real sellers, not flippers.

Onlooker
03-07-07, 15:06
This is wat we call constructive discussions!!! Not name callings!!! Totally agree with the last two post.

Go around Dist 23, 25 & 27, there might have some good yet affordable developments...

Not just 23, 25 and 27, but also 19, ........

There are too many for me to list.
Please read today's Business Times.

Jimbo
04-07-07, 12:03
The reason why ppl are buying and will buy at crazy price is because of the en bloc money. Just look at Farrer Court. We are talking 600-700 households with 2.1-2.2 mio in cash in 1 year time. Rochester condo on the other side of Holland V, will be perfect substitute for them, i dont see Rochester not doing well. Dont forget Gillman Hgts ppl also looking. There is just not enough supply....

Onlooker
04-07-07, 12:35
The reason why ppl are buying and will buy at crazy price is because of the en bloc money. Just look at Farrer Court. We are talking 600-700 households with 2.1-2.2 mio in cash in 1 year time. Rochester condo on the other side of Holland V, will be perfect substitute for them, i dont see Rochester not doing well. Dont forget Gillman Hgts ppl also looking. There is just not enough supply....

The Rochester has a good chance to sell out at a higher price than One-North Residences. This is not because it is better than ONR but because it is launched at a later date. (In my opinion, ONR is much better than TR. But that does not matter.) In fact, most new launches have a good chance to sell out at higher prices than the previous launches. This is what one can expect of a booming market.

One of the key reason for the boom is as per what you said - enbloc cash. Property prices will continue to go up due to the liquidity in the market. The other reasons are the booming economy, the increasing FDI and the increasing FTs/PRs/etc..

However, that does not mean that one will be priced out of the market or go blindly buy any condo during launch. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of affordable and underpriced condos available for everyone. Please go do your homework.

I believe The Rochester got potential but should you blindly join the queue? Maybe NOT!
There are money to be made. Yours may not be from TR.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 13:50
[QUOTE=Onlooker]The Rochester has a good chance to sell out at a higher price than One-North Residences. This is not because it is better than ONR but because it is launched at a later date. (In my opinion, ONR is much better than TR. But that does not matter.) In fact, most new launches have a good chance to sell out at higher prices than the previous launches. This is what one can expect of a booming market.

One of the key reason for the boom is as per what you said - enbloc cash. Property prices will continue to go up due to the liquidity in the market. The other reasons are the booming economy, the increasing FDI and the increasing FTs/PRs/etc..

However, that does not mean that one will be priced out of the market or go blindly buy any condo during launch. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of affordable and underpriced condos available for everyone. Please go do your homework.

There are so such money to be made in stock markets and other investments. I simply found it puzzling why folks are so crazy about flipping property. This forum is full of postings from those nervous souls who are so afraid of losing money on the property they jsut bought and constantly trying to talk up the market and their property. Have you been to open house lately, it was a zoo, but how many are actually serious buyers? That is why I am saying it is tedious in investing in property. In contrast, from buy to sell to seeing gains in my bank statement involve just two clicks in my computer.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 15:01
this thread is so amusing. i did not expect the property market to bring out so much emotional outburst. do you really think individual buyers queuing up for 1 or 2 units is causing the market to surge upwards. It is the foreign funds and super wealthly investors taking up entire floors / towers / and even developments that is causing this. look at the recent launch of duchess residenc, all the 3 and 4 bedroom units were sold out on thursday, 1 day before the vvip private previews. this was the day that only bulk purchasers could get in. 1 guy came in and bought all the 3 bedrooms that were left. people like this won't get "burnt" if the market crashes. in fact it is all the posters hoping for a "crash" in the market that will get affected. think of your jobs, current home value etc. these funds will just "write off" their losses and move on to the next country / market. the managers of the funds will still get their salary, keep their job, at the most their bonsus for the year will be smaller, but so what so instead of a ferrari they will get a bmw instead.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 15:16
this thread is so amusing. i did not expect the property market to bring out so much emotional outburst. do you really think individual buyers queuing up for 1 or 2 units is causing the market to surge upwards. It is the foreign funds and super wealthly investors taking up entire floors / towers / and even developments that is causing this. look at the recent launch of duchess residenc, all the 3 and 4 bedroom units were sold out on thursday, 1 day before the vvip private previews. this was the day that only bulk purchasers could get in. 1 guy came in and bought all the 3 bedrooms that were left. people like this won't get "burnt" if the market crashes. in fact it is all the posters hoping for a "crash" in the market that will get affected. think of your jobs, current home value etc. these funds will just "write off" their losses and move on to the next country / market. the managers of the funds will still get their salary, keep their job, at the most their bonsus for the year will be smaller, but so what so instead of a ferrari they will get a bmw instead.

If what you said is true, all the guys who queued up 3am in the morning on Saturday did that for nothing. they lost one night's sleep for nothing.

FM
04-07-07, 15:19
There are so such money to be made in stock markets and other investments. I simply found it puzzling why folks are so crazy about flipping property. This forum is full of postings from those nervous souls who are so afraid of losing money on the property they jsut bought and constantly trying to talk up the market and their property. Have you been to open house lately, it was a zoo, but how many are actually serious buyers? That is why I am saying it is tedious in investing in property. In contrast, from buy to sell to seeing gains in my bank statement involve just two clicks in my computer.

I simply found you puzzling!

This is called portfolio diversification.
Invest in Stocks, Funds, Currencies, Properties, etc..

Who is talking up the market?
The folks here are sharing their thoughts on the market.
This is just like the stock investment forum.

Registered
04-07-07, 15:20

Thanks for your comment.
What is your suggestion?

Unregistered
04-07-07, 15:39
Thanks for your comment.
What is your suggestion?

Even though stock markets in Asia and elsewhere are no longer cheap and many blue chips are fully value. The undervale stocks are likely to be found in the mid-cap to small cap ranges. Do your research before jumping in. Remember, as long as the market still there, there are gems to be found, but you need to work and be patience.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 15:54
OK, that's more appealing the anti-speculation measures to be applied asap. I think most forumers here have properties (to live in or to invest) and we all hope the market to grow *in a steady & sustainable manner*. We know the current upwards surge can't sustain for long and will sooner or later damage the market momentum and cause to repeat the 1997 cycle. Be it foreign funds or individual local flippers, they either use their vvip privilege to wrap off the supply even before soft-launch or queue up at 3am, hoping to make a huge profit from cash-rich someones. Though there may be some cash-rich enbloc owners, there are definitely a lot flippers – see yourself how many advertised for OneNorthRes subsale. These crazy speculative activities disturbed the market and eventually damage the country economy so that we innocent people also get affected. That’s why we’re here to voice our annoyance. Otherwise we just sit back and see how these flippers get burnt again.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 16:00
OK, that's more appealing the anti-speculation measures to be applied asap. I think most forumers here have properties (to live in or to invest) and we all hope the market to grow *in a steady & sustainable manner*. We know the current upwards surge can't sustain for long and will sooner or later damage the market momentum and cause to repeat the 1997 cycle. Be it foreign funds or individual local flippers, they either use their vvip privilege to wrap off the supply even before soft-launch or queue up at 3am, hoping to make a huge profit from cash-rich someones. Though there may be some cash-rich enbloc owners, there are definitely a lot flippers – see yourself how many advertised for OneNorthRes subsale. These crazy speculative activities disturbed the market and eventually damage the country economy so that we innocent people also get affected. That’s why we’re here to voice our annoyance. Otherwise we just sit back and see how these flippers get burnt again.

I am a heartlander. I am also a big-time speculator. 50k is all I have 3 months ago - mostly from credit cards withdrawals and line of credits overdrafts. I went to a showflat, got one, paid the 5%. Before 2 weeks was up for the next payment, I sold it. Like that, I earn 50K. Easy money in 2 weeks. Now, I go from launches to launches. Some agents recognise me, treat me very well, and call me the lucky man. Five such moves and now I got about 400k to 450k already. It's a great dream. It's great to be speculator at this time. I love it. In 3 months, I am a halfway to becoming a millionaire. Just 3 months ago, I was struggling to borrow 50K.

I am already 49 years old. 10 years ago, I lost heavily in property. I work so hard, never gamble, no drinking, not speculating. Just want to get a decent place for my family to stay. Market was at its peak. I very unlucky then. Bought a property, market crashed the following months. Haven't even completed the sale, and the market already showed signs of falling. In the end, my property was in negative equity. I heartbroken. Worked so hard day to day, and this has to happen to me. I don't know who to blame. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I cried and cried. No money to cover the negative equity. Bank chased me. I borrowed here and there. All my hard-earned money I every month emptied into the worth-less property. Still must pay high maintenance.

Then 3 months ago, I saw the opportunity. I could continue to live like a bankrupt or make a pile. So what if I bankrupt? Already had lost so much in one honest property buy 10 years ago. Bankrupt mah bankrupt lor. But if I win, I can earn big bucks. So I became a Speculator. The way i described above. Now, I semi-millionaire. Five zeros behind my bank account. 10 years is a long time. This opportunity doesn't come often. In my experience, once in 10 years. You saw the curve on the URA's latest price increase? Go see, once in 10 years. Now, I retire. No more speculator. I put my money in fixed deposits etc. For my 3 children's education. Next week, going to Europe with my family for our first holiday in 10 years.

Thank you, I don't know who. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I laugh and laugh and laugh. Sorry. My English not very good.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 16:08
I simply found you puzzling!

This is called portfolio diversification.
Invest in Stocks, Funds, Currencies, Properties, etc..

Who is talking up the market?
The folks here are sharing their thoughts on the market.
This is just like the stock investment forum.

For most ordinary folks, stock markets are not as dangerous as property markets.

As you know, the deferred and progressive payment schemes are working well to fuel the speculations as ordinary folks can properties on these so called affordable schemes even though they know full well that they need to unload the properties at some points as they don't really have the means to pay for these properties in full. This is equivalent to buying stocks on margin. How many ordinary folks dare to buy stocks on margin and yet I see them buying multiple properties without fear.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 16:08
I am a heartlander. I am also a big-time speculator. 50k is all I have 3 months ago - mostly from credit cards withdrawals and line of credits overdrafts. I went to a showflat, got one, paid the 5%. Before 2 weeks was up for the next payment, I sold it. Like that, I earn 50K. Easy money in 2 weeks. Now, I go from launches to launches. Some agents recognise me, treat me very well, and call me the lucky man. Five such moves and now I got about 400k to 450k already. It's a great dream. It's great to be speculator at this time. I love it. In 3 months, I am a halfway to becoming a millionaire. Just 3 months ago, I was struggling to borrow 50K.

I am already 49 years old. 10 years ago, I lost heavily in property. I work so hard, never gamble, no drinking, not speculating. Just want to get a decent place for my family to stay. Market was at its peak. I very unlucky then. Bought a property, market crashed the following months. Haven't even completed the sale, and the market already showed signs of falling. In the end, my property was in negative equity. I heartbroken. Worked so hard day to day, and this has to happen to me. I don't know who to blame. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I cried and cried. No money to cover the negative equity. Bank chased me. I borrowed here and there. All my hard-earned money I every month emptied into the worth-less property. Still must pay high maintenance.

Then 3 months ago, I saw the opportunity. I could continue to live like a bankrupt or make a pile. So what if I bankrupt? Already had lost so much in one honest property buy 10 years ago. Bankrupt mah bankrupt lor. But if I win, I can earn big bucks. So I became a Speculator. The way i described above. Now, I semi-millionaire. Five zeros behind my bank account. 10 years is a long time. This opportunity doesn't come often. In my experience, once in 10 years. You saw the curve on the URA's latest price increase? Go see, once in 10 years. Now, I retire. No more speculator. I put my money in fixed deposits etc. For my 3 children's education. Next week, going to Europe with my family for our first holiday in 10 years.

Thank you, I don't know who. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I laugh and laugh and laugh. Sorry. My English not very good.

At least this flipper knows when to stop.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 16:32
At least this flipper knows when to stop.

You have to be an idiot to believe this guy
However, if that is the take home lesson you can get away with from his dream, it is probably a useful thing for many folks out on the street

----a real speculator----

Observer.
04-07-07, 17:14

So ..... when will this new breed of investor coming?
End of this year?
The whole of Singapore will be serving these investors.

Wah liao! I think it's rude to say Millenia Tower yuppie lah.
I work close to Millenia Tower but I am not a yuppie leh.

Reuters
04-07-07, 17:28
Assets under management came to nearly US$600b, driven by inflows from Asia and Mideast.
Reuters Singapore
4 July 2007

Assets managed by fund managers in Singapore grew 24% to almost US$600 billion in 2006, driven by inflows from Asia and the Middle East, a Singapore cabinet minister said on Wednesday.

"Total assets under management have grown robustly over the last six years," said Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong in a speech today.

"The assets managed by Singapore-based fund managers grew by 24% to almost US$600 billion in 2006."

Mr Goh, who is also chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore -- the city-state's central bank -- also said funds from the Middle East and South Asia grew by 21% and 36%, respectively.

He said 57% of the total assets managed in Singapore were invested in Asia last year.

Singapore has attracted global asset managers, private banks and hedge funds to boost its fast-growing financial services industry as it tries to reduce the economy's reliance on manufacturing.

In recent years, several international banks such as UBS , Credit Suisse and Societe Generale have set up their regional private banking offices in Singapore.

Citigroup earlier this year appointed Deepak Sharma to run its global wealth management business outside the United States from Singapore, making him the bank's only international business head not to be based in New York.

Millionaires in Middle Eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia, enriched by a doubling of crude oil prices in four years, are placing more funds in Singapore as the city-state cut taxes and offered incentives to investors to compete against Hong Kong and other Asian financial centers.

"Singapore, in the recent two years, is increasingly considered to be a more attractive place as a fund management base," Mr Chua Soon Hock, managing director of Asia Genesis Asset Management in Singapore, which manages about $450 million, told Bloomberg. "Singapore is still behind Hong Kong and Sydney. However, the gap is narrowing on the hedge funds side of the business."

The 190 hedge funds in Singapore managed more than S$40 billion of assets, a 150% increase from a year earlier, the Monetary Authority of Singapore said in an e-mailed statement today.

Of the total funds managed in Singapore, 43% came from the Asia Pacific region, while about 35% were from the U.S. and Europe, the central bank said. About 55% of the funds were invested in stocks last year, from 47% a year earlier, it added.

Last year, Singapore had the biggest growth in the number of millionaires, where individuals with net assets of at least US$1 million, excluding their main residence and consumer goods, rose 21%, a global survey by Capgemini SA and Merrill Lynch & Co. showed last week.

Someone pulling my Leg
04-07-07, 19:18
To make five property flips in 3 months (or 13 weeks), a speculator needs to find a new launched property to buy every 2 weeks, he needs to sell to someone within that 2 week period everytime for every new property that he buys. I find this techically a very very challenging task, even for super seasoned speculators. Even the launch dates of all these properties must be almost in exact sequence of 2 weeks!

Unregistered
04-07-07, 20:30
He obviously wants people to go through what he went through before ie. lost money during the last property crash, so encouraging people to speculate and get burnt like him when the boom ends...

Unregistered
04-07-07, 20:41
Count how many are flipping OneNorthRes... the below are from <b> a single <b/> website: 76 out of total 311 units (1-4 BR) in that project.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6291/onrsb9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-07-04

ha ha ha
04-07-07, 20:52
so flippers will eventually buy each other's units... ha ha ha

Observer.
04-07-07, 20:53
Count how many are flipping OneNorthRes...

Shot at 2007-07-04

680psf !!!!!!
Wow! Cheap leh.
Lower than the lowest developer's price.

Bypasser.
04-07-07, 20:56
Hello!
Your data accurate or not?
I spotted a few identical repetitions?
You created the identical repetitions to smoke people with the larger number ah?
Like dat no good leh!

Unregistered
04-07-07, 21:18
check the website yourself at www.singaporeexpats.com <br/>

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/search/apartment-sale/page2-d05-sESTATE.htm

Unregistered
04-07-07, 21:52
OneNorthRes was >95% sold out in the 2nd wk of Mar. so the caveats lodged in May / June (cos SPA must be completed in max. 8 wks) are likely subsale. The below data from URA seems to reveal fewer successful subsales so far -- and the last caveat lodged in Jun indicates only $808psf for a 2BR (the 2nd most recent deal was at $955psf though). Guess most flippers are still not making it... that explains why here are so many nervous / offensive forumers constantly trying to talk up the market & their properties.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6807/onekt9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-07-04

Ex-Owner
04-07-07, 23:06
OneNorthRes was >95% sold out in the 2nd wk of Mar. so the caveats lodged in May / June (cos SPA must be completed in max. 8 wks) are likely subsale. The below data from URA seems to reveal fewer successful subsales so far -- and the last caveat lodged in Jun indicates only $808psf for a 2BR (the 2nd most recent deal was at $955psf though). Guess most flippers are still not making it... that explains why here are so many nervous / offensive forumers constantly trying to talk up the market & their properties.

Shot at 2007-07-04

Can you don't smoke?

My 3-bedroom unit was sold recently below $1,000 psf (more than $955 psf). It will be reflected in the URA website soon.

The highest subsale done so far is close to $1,100 psf. I believe it was done in April.

Although I am out of One-North Residences now, I just hate to see "smoker".

You want to buy cheap? Say so lah!

Registered
04-07-07, 23:08
680psf !!!!!!
Wow! Cheap leh.
Lower than the lowest developer's price.

The lowest psf sold by UOL is $722.48 psf.
This guy is trying to smoke us with $680 psf.

What a disgrace!

Registered
04-07-07, 23:10
Wow! So many dialogues exchanged within such a short time.
There must be something about this The Rochester.

Would anyone waste time fending off other buyers, telling them "not to buy", if they have no interest in the project?

If the project is lousy, I wouldn't even waste my time reading the thread, not to mention contributing in the forum.

It's time to do more research on The Rochester.
By the way, when is it launching?

Bypasser, you are right!
This thread has lots of actions!
There are many interested parties.

Unregistered
05-07-07, 10:24
so this this project launching today tommorrow?

Silent Mover
05-07-07, 11:17
so this this project launching today tommorrow?

Don't tell you.
Ah ah ah!

The Rochester
05-07-07, 11:27
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/keenetic/IMAGE_859.jpg

Unregistered
05-07-07, 14:28
just call up any dtz agent and they will tell you.

Unregistered
06-07-07, 09:11
rumour is 80% has been pre-sold internally so only 20% left on 16 of july when it opens to the public.

Registered
06-07-07, 09:30
rumour is 80% has been pre-sold internally so only 20% left on 16 of july when it opens to the public.

Expected lah.
They started their overseas publicity jobs since March this year.
Good for District 5 folks.

one-north
06-07-07, 17:04
Can you don't smoke?

My 3-bedroom unit was sold recently below $1,000 psf (more than $955 psf). It will be reflected in the URA website soon.

The highest subsale done so far is close to $1,100 psf. I believe it was done in April.

Although I am out of One-North Residences now, I just hate to see "smoker".

You want to buy cheap? Say so lah!

In URA website, there is a 1,615sqft 4-bedroom done at $1,115psf in May. Which unit is this?

Also, there is a 3,089sqft penthouse done at $1,100psf in June. Which unit is this?

Congrats in selling your One-North 3-bedroom.

There are a lot of One-North subsales done at $1,1xx psf.
Everyone should just go to URA website and check for themselves.

Unregistered
06-07-07, 17:27
This is great man. Buy at all costs. I am willing to buy at 3000 psf. This is it man. The best in the area. Worth every cent. I can sure sub-sale at 4000 to 5000 psf. There will be a mad rush for this project. Mad rush, overnight queues. Get my cheque ready to hand an empty one to my agent - buy as long as under 3500psf. Go Go Go. ... hold on, let me check my bank book --- aiyah not enough to buy!!!

Unregistered
06-07-07, 17:29
So you miss the boat lor.

Registered
06-07-07, 17:33
This is great man. Buy at all costs. I am willing to buy at 3000 psf. This is it man. The best in the area. Worth every cent. I can sure sub-sale at 4000 to 5000 psf. There will be a mad rush for this project. Mad rush, overnight queues. Get my cheque ready to hand an empty one to my agent - buy as long as under 3500psf. Go Go Go. ... hold on, let me check my bank book --- aiyah not enough to buy!!!

Hello!

Not enough cash to buy an unit there
but enough time to b.s. here.

Give up!

Seng
06-07-07, 17:48
So you miss the boat lor.

Minister Mah says got a lot of boats leh.

Registered
06-07-07, 17:51
Minister Mah says got a lot of boats leh.

Mah or ma?
If your ma say got lots of boats, you better believe it.
If ......

Unregistered
06-07-07, 18:37
if this project is on a deferred payment scheme the remaining 20% that is available will fly. just think 80% of units snapped up internally... with the much greater public demand i bet that the 20% will be sold out in a day....

AsiaOne
06-07-07, 19:03
Prices are still affordable for middle-income and HDB heartlanders, he says
(Edited transcript of SM Goh's interview with CNBC)
Irene Ngoo
AsiaOne
6 July 2007

Property prices in Singapore are at the "higher end" now but this does not mean a property bubble forming, said Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong.

While he noted that the property market is active, he said the government is "not too worried" and is watching the property market closely.

Mr Goh said this in an interview with CNBC, when he was asked if a property bubble seems to be forming in Singapore.

"Property bubble is short-term. I think the property market is active, but at this stage, we are not too worried. The prices are at the higher end. We watch very closely," he said in the interview, aired on CNBC today.

"Prices for the middle-income and for the HDB heartlanders … are still quite affordable for Singaporeans in general. So, my worry will be where do we go from here? It's a longer-term worry. It's not a short-term worry. It comes back to my point about talent. For Singapore to grow, you need talent, talent from Singaporeans or within Singapore and talent from outside."

Private home prices have shot up across the board in Singapore because of the property boom, robust economy and influx of foreign capital. The continuing rising trend has raised concerns that the property is getting overheated.

Estimates released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) earlier this week show that private property is on a dramatic upswing with plenty of momentum. Prices for the April to June period rose 7.9% – the biggest jump since the third quarter in 1999, when the market staged a brief recovery before sliding into a lengthy slump. The increase comes on top of a 4.8% rise in the first three months this year.

The Senior Minister said some MNCs have complained about the rising rental because of the property boom here but they are not staying away.

Mr Goh was interviewed for a CNBC special marking the 10th anniversary of the Asian financial crisis. He was then Prime Minister of Singapore when the financial meltdown swept the region, bringing several Asian economies to their knees. Singapore was not spared either, and was forced to cut 20,000 jobs, wages and CPF contributions.

Asked if rising costs could put Singapore at risk again of another crisis, SM Goh said: "I myself do not think a financial crisis is going to happen. The stock markets in Asia, of course, are very lively. Share prices are generally at an all-time high, but the banking structure is strong. In Singapore, we are resilient and have hardly any non-performing loans which we need to worry about."

"We have separated the non-financial activities of the banks from the financial activities. Banks running hotels, for example, and other non-financial activities have been taken out. So, in Singapore, we are less concerned about another financial crisis. But in the region, I think we need to watch that. But generally, my sense is that the banking industry in the region is also resilient."

SM Goh, who is chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore, also made this point in an earlier interview yesterday with the BBC, saying that while Singapore's buoyant stock market may suffer a correction, a financial crisis is not on the way. He also said that the government should not interfere in the stock market.

Asked again by CNBC if rising costs - not just business costs but cost of living as well - could put Singapore at a disadvantage, he said this is a worry and the government is monitoring inflation.

He added: "Costs are always a factor, but generally, you do want the standard of living of Singaporeans to go up. And a higher standard of living means more income in real terms, in the real sense. We do monitor inflation."

"Costs - we do worry. But that means you've got to move into higher value-added industries, like biomedical services and financial services, education, health and so on. We cannot be doing things which we were doing before 1997, where China and India will become much more competitive. So, costs are always important, but we are not going to allow costs to prevent us from growing. Just move into the right sector."

Has this kept any MNC from setting up base here or setting up plants here?

SM Goh said: "We are seeing quite a few of these - not so much in the manufacturing side but MNCs in the sense of international financial institutions - more wealth management, hedge funds and other such regional head offices are being set up in Singapore."

On the biggest lesson from the Asian financial crisis, Mr Goh cited having a strong financial sector as a key factor to withstand such a shock.

"We realised very much earlier that the financial industry is a global industry and, therefore, you’ve got to be more aware of what’s happening in the world and in the region, in particular. So you've got to set up, not just internally but also externally, a system of regional surveillance of the financial performances of banks outside Singapore too. In other words, it requires cooperation from other countries as well."

Just as Singapore has learnt a lesson from the financial upheaval a decade ago, he said other Asian economies are also "very much more acutely aware of the importance of bank supervision and good corporate governance."

"Our neighbours' own banking sectors - as far as you can see - are also much more resilient today than during the financial crisis or just before that."

Unregistered
06-07-07, 22:18
so buy buy buy!!

Unregistered
10-07-07, 09:15
so buy buy buy!!

If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

1. Scrap deferred payment schemes and return to progressive payments.

2. No bank loan amount above 80% of property value.

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 09:42
If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

I

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

If you were the government, we would all be in trouble. All these measures are exclusive and narrow-minded, helping certain sectors of the economy and hurting the others.

If all these measures are announced at the same time, the singapore economy would go into recession, you and I would be living in a kambong again.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 11:21

I agree with the first 3: they discourage speculation while those buying for own stay or long term investment will not be affected. It makes the growth healthier & more sustainable. I would guess they're coming soon -- MM Lee said the government will check the property prices and ensures it's competitive in the region. <br> <br/>

Unless the foreign funds are so huge that they buy off the supply to disturb the domestic market, to lock them in (by the tax on first 2 yrs transactions) is not a bad idea. Your measure 5 is not practical in defining what are luxury projects.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 11:29
If you were the government, we would all be in trouble. All these measures are exclusive and narrow-minded, helping certain sectors of the economy and hurting the others.

If all these measures are announced at the same time, the singapore economy would go into recession, you and I would be living in a kambong again.

"helping certain sectors ... and hurting the others" so it is not true statement that "we would ALL be in trouble". Actually the flippers & speculative activities are hurt; those buying for own stay or long term investment will enjoy a sustainable growth over longer term. If some measures are carefully applied so that it 'cools down' the hot market but does not crash, most will benefit. Government whould not allow the craze continue too long, or it will eventually damage the market momentum.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 11:54
I am not a flipper either. but economics 101 says that flippers and punters are not necessarily a bad thing. Without them, an economy will not reach a new equilibrium quickly. It may take years for a new paradigm to be translated into a reality. Punters and speculators perform the same role and venture capitalists in that they find market inefficiencies and exploit it to everyone's advantage.

Granted, there can be too much speculation and too much risk taking. but how is the government to know when that point has been reached? Even Alan Greenspan during the dot com craze did not intervene, because he knew premature intervention can do more harm than good.

In hindsight, were the 1996 anti-speculation measured put in place justified. I don't know the answer, but I know they were one reason Singapore economy remained in the doldrums for a decade.

I am also worried, that this clamoring for government to crack down is made by those "who missed the boat" and want the prices to go back to a level where they will jump in. that is just not fair for those to take risk and jumped in first.

just my two cents. Both the flippers and those that complain about them are motivated by greed. and LKY knows that.

Observer.
10-07-07, 12:01
I am not a flipper either. but economics 101 says that flippers and punters are not necessarily a bad thing. Without them, an economy will not reach a new equilibrium quickly. It may take years for a new paradigm to be translated into a reality. Punters and speculators perform the same role and venture capitalists in that they find market inefficiencies and exploit it to everyone's advantage.

Granted, there can be too much speculation and too much risk taking. but how is the government to know when that point has been reached? Even Alan Greenspan during the dot com craze did not intervene, because he knew premature intervention can do more harm than good.

In hindsight, were the 1996 anti-speculation measured put in place justified. I don't know the answer, but I know they were one reason Singapore economy remained in the doldrums for a decade.

I am also worried, that this clamoring for government to crack down is made by those "who missed the boat" and want the prices to go back to a level where they will jump in. that is just not fair for those to take risk and jumped in first.

just my two cents. Both the flippers and those that complain about them are motivated by greed. and LKY knows that.

You need hedging and speculation to make the market more (price) efficient.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 12:07

2. No bank loan amount above 80% of property value. it is important to ensure a healthy banking sector.

3. Capital gain tax of 20-25% for sub-sale of property U/C & bought within 1 yr and 10-15% for sub-sale of property bought within the last 2 yrs.

4. tighten the rules for enbloc -- such as enbloc sales of properties less than 15 yrs require 90% owner votes; enbloc of properties less than 10 yrs must get 100% owner's support...

Registered
10-07-07, 12:43

The interesting question is which authority will implement the scrapping. Property developers are not under MAS since they are not financial institutions. hence the only avenue MAS could do was to monitor/intervene via banks extending loans to property developers. Maybe this falls under Ministry of Finance purview...

2. No bank loan amount above 80% of property value. it is important to ensure a healthy banking sector.

Not sure if they will do this since retail mortgages arent exactly growing at the moment. Also curbing this may not necessary curb the speculation since majority of them do not take loans in the first place under deferred payment scheme

3. Capital gain tax of 20-25% for sub-sale of property U/C & bought within 1 yr and 10-15% for sub-sale of property bought within the last 2 yrs.

Govt implemented cap gains in 90s then removed it few years ago. For them to reinstate this may seem too much of a flip-flop. Not very pro-investor friendly to keep doing this.

4. tighten the rules for enbloc -- such as enbloc sales of properties less than 15 yrs require 90% owner votes; enbloc of properties less than 10 yrs must get 100% owner's support...

Government is looking into refining the enbloc laws.

G Ng
10-07-07, 12:50
Grace Ng
Finance Reporter
The Straits Times
10 July 2007

The overall exposure of Singapore banks to property-related loans taken out by investment buyers and financial institutions amid the property boom is rising. But experts are not worried. A new Citigroup report says the percentage is set to climb from 27% of total loans currently to 'closer to 30%' by year-end.

But this is 'still comfortably below' a regulatory limit of 35%, it said. Foreign banks may be nearer to the limit than local ones, said Citigroup economist Chua Hak Bin yesterday.

All these figures exclude property loans taken out by owner-occupiers - about 80% of all bank loans.

If banks approach the limit, customers could be charged higher interest rates for investment- related mortgages compared to owner-occupied ones, suggested Dr Chua.

Mr Paul Kwee, Citigroup Singapore's corporate bank director and head of real estate, noted: 'In view of the recent increase in lending activity, it may well be that certain banks have less appetite, and may become more selective in granting loans, as well as in reviewing the terms that go with the loans.'

Dr Chua also pointed out that while speculative buying of property has risen and may climb further over the next few years, it is still well below the level seen in the property boom of the mid-1990s.

So bank-loan exposure to the property sector 'is likely to remain within tolerable limits'.

In May, about 25% of mortgages taken out by investment buyers and 33% of loans to financial institutions were property-related, estimated Citigroup. This works out to an overall property-related loan exposure for the banking sector of 28.7%, well below the 35% limit.

The limit was introduced by the MAS in May 2001, as a safeguard to limit the risks of the banking system's exposure to property loans, especially speculative activity.

But Dr Chua expects 'mortgage growth to accelerate' to near 30% in the next 6 months, as more new property projects are completed and some homebuyers on the deferred payment scheme apply for loans.

A higher proportion of new mortgages are likely to be investment-related, given the 'already high home ownership in Singapore of about 93%'.

OCBC Bank has seen the ratio of new applications for investment properties to owner-occupied ones rise, but the latter is still the 'key driver of overall sales', noted head of consumer secured lending Gregory Chan.

DBS Bank and Maybank said about a fifth of their Singapore mortgages are for investment properties, while Standard Chartered Bank said the percentage is between 15 and 20%. The rest are owner-occupied ones.

A Maybank spokesman argued that 'there is no direct relationship between loan rates and the 35% limit'. The pricing of mortgage rates and corporate loan rates depends on a combination of factors, such as the risk profile of the borrower, the purpose of the loan and the type of property mortgaged, she said.

In his report, Dr Chua also noted that property speculation may have increased, as reflected in the rise in sub-sale deals to about 10.5% of total transactions for the April to May period, compared with about 3% 3 years ago. But this is still much lower than the 1990s peak.

Maniac Monday
12-07-07, 17:48
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/198/the20rochesterim3.jpg

Counting down ..... 4 more days.
Are you ready?
Charge!

Registered
12-07-07, 17:57
Counting down ..... 4 more days.
Are you ready?
Charge!

Wah!
I can't wait man!

Unregistered
13-07-07, 11:47
so who's on the invite list for next week? which day?

Unregistered
13-07-07, 17:17
so who's on the invite list for next week? which day?

ugly. Just plain ugly.

Latest
13-07-07, 17:24
Latest......

Management & staffs of UE and their partners already pick up good units.

The Rochester open to VVIP from Monday to Wednesday.

Thursday open to public.

Good units mostly taken up already by Management & partners of UE.

Expected to be sold out by Thursday.

Unregistered
13-07-07, 21:15
Directors and Management will not only get the 2 % discount but what makes the diff. is the dev will probably raise the price daily(maybe hourly ). hence the price diff for a similar unit can be more than 10%.

And in fact each batch of units released, the price will increase.
So directors get the lowest price, followed by management staff, then followed by business partners.
When it comes to VVIP, the price goes up...may be increased a few times per batch increased.
When it comes to VIP, the price goes up...increased a few times per batch released.
When it comes to public, OH, sorry no public launch... SOLD OUT ! Pls buy in secondary market.

Heard in the Duchess Release, UOB families got the first batch at $1500psf. When the units were released to the VVIP, already reach $1800psf. Not sure how true, but "no fire, no smoke" ?

Unregistered
13-07-07, 21:49
Directors and Management will not only get the 2 % discount but what makes the diff. is the dev will probably raise the price daily(maybe hourly ). hence the price diff for a similar unit can be more than 10%.

So directors get the lowest price, followed by management staff, then followed by business partners.
When it comes to VVIP, the price goes up...may be increased a few times per batch increased.
When it comes to VIP, the price goes up...increased a few times per batch released.
When it comes to public, OH, sorry no public launch... SOLD OUT ! Pls buy in secondary market.

Heard in the Duchess Release, UOB families got the first batch at $1500psf. When the units were released to the VVIP, already reach $1800psf. Not sure how true, but "no fire, no smoke" ?

When the bird flu pandemic hits, all the guys with limited resources will be brunt beyond recognition and will never see another sunny day again. The rich always survive and emerge wealthy. Life is not fair indeed.

Unregistered
14-07-07, 17:11
why not buy one north subsale at a cheaper price? it would be like buying units at the sail just before the launch of marina bay residences. right now subsale units of the sail are at a comparable pricing level to marina bay residences subsale units. more upside if you ask me.

Totally Unregistered
14-07-07, 17:43

Heard UE staff do not enjoy the discount unless they hold until completion. They enjoy priority for selection only at launch price. OCBC related companies conservative and particularly careful about corporate governance issues and avoiding investor criticism. Of course in a hot market with so many subsales this alone is a big benefit. Will be sold out so fast I doubt any time to revise launch price. As for the real VVIPs I doubt they would have had to wait for Monday ... most major developers would discretely give them private viewing on request. Monday onwards only for 'normal' VIPs downwards.

Also Unregistered
14-07-07, 17:56
why not buy one north subsale at a cheaper price? it would be like buying units at the sail just before the launch of marina bay residences. right now subsale units of the sail are at a comparable pricing level to marina bay residences subsale units. more upside if you ask me.

I suspect Rochester will launch at similar price level as present One North subsale prices which are already about 20+% higher than its launch prices. A Location-wise Rochester is closer to MRT. Also new launch you enjoy deferred payment option. Subsale buyers may not enjoy this from developer. Frankly if someone is looking for a home in that location for themselves rather than a quick buck the resale prices for other nearby (albeit older) condos eg. Dover Parkview are still far lower ($700+psf).

Unregistered
14-07-07, 22:04
subsale at one north are currently abt 1,100 psf to 1,300 psf. The remaining 20% of units that will be available for vvip preview from monday to wednesday will not be cheaper than 1,400psf. by the time they are done with raising prices by the hour you will prob be seeing prices at 1,600psf. so people who bought at 1,600psf will then try to flip for 1,800psf that makes one north are current prices good. or of course you can buy subsale units of the rochester (being quietly flipped by UE staff now, i have come across 2 one at 1376 psf and another at 1450psf, of course they got it a 1,200psf) btw there is no need for them to get a discount of say 2% because staff and partners simply bought it sometime ago at the "price it was then priced at which was 1,200psf) just that the public could not buy then.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 22:50
drove past just now... there is a queue forming outside showflat.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 10:05
Anybody been to the showroom. What is the selling price?

Unregistered
16-07-07, 10:21
subsale at one north are currently abt 1,100 psf to 1,300 psf. The remaining 20% of units that will be available for vvip preview from monday to wednesday will not be cheaper than 1,400psf. by the time they are done with raising prices by the hour you will prob be seeing prices at 1,600psf. so people who bought at 1,600psf will then try to flip for 1,800psf that makes one north are current prices good. or of course you can buy subsale units of the rochester (being quietly flipped by UE staff now, i have come across 2 one at 1376 psf and another at 1450psf, of course they got it a 1,200psf) btw there is no need for them to get a discount of say 2% because staff and partners simply bought it sometime ago at the "price it was then priced at which was 1,200psf) just that the public could not buy then.

Get real, no need to talk up your your unit, I know for fact one flipper let go at 890psf and suffer a loss recently

Unregistered
16-07-07, 10:31
Get real, no need to talk up your your unit, I know for fact one flipper let go at 890psf and suffer a loss recently
imho, the flipper who lost money obviously had no holding power and must have gotten a lousy unit.

Investor.
16-07-07, 10:40
Let go 1 of my unit at $97x psf 1 month ago. Make around $200k.
Damn stupid! I must be an idiot!

Now I am holding on to the other unit.
Just rejected a $1,000 psf offer.

I believe I should be able to go The Rochester soon to say thanks to the development.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 10:56
Let go 1 of my unit at $97x psf 1 month ago. Make around $200k.
Damn stupid! I must be an idiot!

Now I am holding on to the other unit.
Just rejected a $1,000 psf offer.

I believe I should be able to go The Rochester soon to say thanks to the development.

But you still can make lots of money on your remaining unit. Cheers.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 16:49
Wow, UE hitting for a home run by launching at $1500 level. Big queues but don't know how actual booking rate is like. Even the flippers will need to think very carefully ... Might be better to buy UE shares than to buy Rochester.

Meanwhile all those who are holding One North units must be ecstatic and those who had already flipped are crying.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 08:19
Any updates on the sale of Rochester

Unregistered
17-07-07, 08:29
Wow, UE hitting for a home run by launching at $1500 level. Big queues but don't know how actual booking rate is like. Even the flippers will need to think very carefully ... Might be better to buy UE shares than to buy Rochester.

Meanwhile all those who are holding One North units must be ecstatic and those who had already flipped are crying.

Subsale units for Rochester are already showing up in ads in ST today when the official launch suppose to begin on Thursday. Units bought by VIP are already on market. Perhaps you can also advertise for units that you plan to purchase on Thursday. I guess no law can bar anyone to advertise to sell something they don't yet own, but are going to acquire. What a shame! Unless effective measure to clamp down on speculation, the frenzy of speculation in property and stock markets will continue. Funny that the two casinos will open their doors only in 2009, yet more and more peoples are addicted to the game of "high stake" gamble. These days, property and stocks are popular topics in offices across the island and many actually are thick into actions (some doing it secretly without knowledge of colleagues), it is anticipated productivity should go down in the coming months as fewer peoples are able to remain focus on the job they are hired to do.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 09:02

Are you sure it's 1500psf? That is so cheap. I will not get or even look at it unless it's selling at 4000psf. Dunwan people to think I am cheapskate.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 09:18
Rochester sold out yesterday. Today interested parties being put on waiting list in case some staff or other buyers pull out. Don't need to wait for IRs, gambling frenzy already launched.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 13:36
wah maybe time to buy one north.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:21
wah maybe time to buy one north.

Hold on, dun buy yet. I am predicting a US recession this year-end or early next year, a Middle-East crisis triggering a oil crisis around the same time and a China meltdown after the 2008 Olympics. If you can wait for 6 months to a year (why do you think the developer is launching and cashing in now?), I predict you can get either One North or The Rochester at 400psf because they are 99 years project. Mark my words. Don't buy uncompleted projects like these now.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:35
Just saw in todays ST CATs, a unit at Rochester advertised for sale. Asking price S$1,550 psf. Apparently the seller got the unit at S$1,100 to S$1,200 psf at yesterday's VIP launch. Overnight, you are more than S$300 psf richer - where to get? It's no wonder there are so much speculation now in this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:49
Hold on, dun buy yet. I am predicting a US recession this year-end or early next year, a Middle-East crisis triggering a oil crisis around the same time and a China meltdown after the 2008 Olympics. If you can wait for 6 months to a year (why do you think the developer is launching and cashing in now?), I predict you can get either One North or The Rochester at 400psf because they are 99 years project. Mark my words. Don't buy uncompleted projects like these now.

Yes - you may be correct - as Chinese Horoscopes also caution to
get out of investments in Year 2008.....

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:55
上帝要人灭亡,必先令其疯狂。 Carry on, Mr. flipper, you will get burnt sooner.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 15:30
Ok folks, here is the latest

Just got back from One Rochester...it is definitely going to sell out before the public launch. They have sold out all 2,3,4 bedrooms. Penthouse via auctions. Left a few loft units , 1 bedroom units.

It is utterly utterly packed. It is limited to one unit per buyer.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 16:17
Project sold out. Last unit sold was the 1 bedroom loft 1281 sf and heard went at 1600 psf! What would the price be for these people to flip?

Unregistered
17-07-07, 16:42
what about the flipper with so much cash that even if the market collaspes he / she does not care and uses the opportunity to buy even more. i know of several HNW clients with more USD100 million in the bank. and they are buying properties to flip as a hobby. so what if their 3 million property go to 1 million. the man in the street will die, they will just shrug their shoulder and order the next bottle of krug.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 16:43
bottom linr it does not pay to hope for a market crash as the man in the street will die a more horrible death then a lot of the professional "flippers".

Unregistered
17-07-07, 16:48
what about the flipper with so much cash that even if the market collaspes he / she does not care and uses the opportunity to buy even more. i know of several HNW clients with more USD100 million in the bank. and they are buying properties to flip as a hobby. so what if their 3 million property go to 1 million. the man in the street will die, they will just shrug their shoulder and order the next bottle of krug.

Yeah man. It's a game for the HNW people. Let them play. They earn a milion more, they play with it. They lose it, they forget it. For mere mortals, beware. It's not even to play responsibly. It's if you are mere non-HNW, don't play. A great shock is coming, I predict. It's going to be so BIG it's going to be known in history as the "Greatest Depression", I predict. Millions will lose their jobs, millions will lose their families, and their lives, and their hard-earned money. Rochester will be an eye-sore then, I predict.

blackjack21trader
17-07-07, 21:56
Yeah man. It's a game for the HNW people. Let them play. They earn a milion more, they play with it. They lose it, they forget it. For mere mortals, beware. It's not even to play responsibly. It's if you are mere non-HNW, don't play. A great shock is coming, I predict. It's going to be so BIG it's going to be known in history as the "Greatest Depression", I predict. Millions will lose their jobs, millions will lose their families, and their lives, and their hard-earned money. Rochester will be an eye-sore then, I predict.

care to support ur prediction with some concrete economics rationale? i would like to hear them as I m a oil trader, what u said really makes me sit up and want to listen to enhance my trading skills.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:51
care to support ur prediction with some concrete economics rationale? i would like to hear them as I m a oil trader, what u said really makes me sit up and want to listen to enhance my trading skills.

Do your own homework. One way is to plot the price of oil (and sand if you may) over the last 3 years, and project it to the next 3 years. See the curve. Add in terrorism, see the price curve shifts. Add in stock market crashes, see how the curve dances. Add in China meltdown, see the curve goes haywire. And add in hedge funds panic sell-out, see Asia dancing on hot pan. Do your homework, be intellectual, and you will see my prediction is as good as fire.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 12:27
Do your own homework. One way is to plot the price of oil (and sand if you may) over the last 3 years, and project it to the next 3 years. See the curve. Add in terrorism, see the price curve shifts. Add in stock market crashes, see how the curve dances. Add in China meltdown, see the curve goes haywire. And add in hedge funds panic sell-out, see Asia dancing on hot pan. Do your homework, be intellectual, and you will see my prediction is as good as fire.

Inflation is always there. Compare salaries 10 years ago and today. Compare salaries 20 years ago with those 10 years ago and you will see that salaries continues to go up. Why? This is to catch up with inflation. Compare noodles at the hawker centre 10 years ago and now. There will always be inflation!!!! Prices always goes up to catch up with inflation. Of course there are uncertainties but how to expect those.

Of course people can take the option of putting money in fix deposit and earn 21/2 to 3%. But how to catch up with inflation? I think u better put your money into gold as this is the surest thing during war and uncertainties. Basically, we are just sharing information to enlighten everyone about current situation so we are all better informed. If you can predict a stock market crash, please do short selling. You will earn BIG BUCKS when it happens, than tell us about it and we will all be happy you made big bucks. I am not saying property is the way to go but there is more upside potential for the next 12 months as of now subject to unforeseen circumstances.

When US is down, the funds will all move out of US to somewhere that can make more money for them. So right now, they are moving to Asia. How long? Anybodies guess. Right now, Asia and emerging Europe is where all the funds are going into. With this, people will be more bullish and spend. Agree that we must not be too greedy. Indications are showing growth, so there are opportunities. There will be a shortage of condos over the next 12 to 18 months so prices will continue to move up but not at such a drastic rate compared to the time frame of Jan to June this year. Revisit the property market in 6 to 12 months and decide if you want to cash out then base on the time of situation. Because situation changes.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 13:48

I think that guy is asking ME for my prediction, not yours. I can back it up with economic data and assumptions, careful analysis without you having to do any homework. My prediction is, prediction only.

This inflation argument is a sidetrack. We are not talking about inflation. We are talking about the "Greatest Depression" where your property prices will be slashed to half or even more what it is valued now. Mark my words.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 13:59
I do feel that the market is experiencing a bubble. But I am not sure there will be a depression. Depressions happen once in a century, and only when governments are too stupid to prevent it.

the story today is china. china explains why credit cost is low. China explains why there is asset inflation. China will be growing, and there will be no depression. a hiccup here and there, but no depression.

buy property today at today's prices may seem crazy, and you may get hurt, but it is not possible for the market to crash and wipe out your life savings.

If there is a war, then it is a different story. But I can't see who will attack whom?

Unregistered
18-07-07, 14:02
why do i get the feeling that the guy hoping for the crash is exactly the same guy that missed out on the recent property boom......

Unregistered
18-07-07, 14:09
I do feel that the market is experiencing a bubble. But I am not sure there will be a depression. Depressions happen once in a century, and only when governments are too stupid to prevent it.

the story today is china. china explains why credit cost is low. China explains why there is asset inflation. China will be growing, and there will be no depression. a hiccup here and there, but no depression.

buy property today at today's prices may seem crazy, and you may get hurt, but it is not possible for the market to crash and wipe out your life savings.

If there is a war, then it is a different story. But I can't see who will attack whom?

First sign = "Singapore cuts 2007 trade forecasts as key exports slow in June" CNA news today.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 14:10

Do you see the US-IRAQ situation is going to the source for many potential probelms ahead. US is caught in a difficult situation, "withdraw" or "not withdraw" the troops? That is the big question, worse still, either way is a big headache for US and eventually the world. I would not be surprised that the middle east situation will get worse soon and this will unleash many problems for the world to deal with incuding the possibility of wars.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 14:12
First sign = "Singapore cuts 2007 trade forecasts as key exports slow in June" CNA news today.

Second sign = "Resurgent Al-Qaeda determined to strike US: intelligence" CNA news today.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 14:12
US-IRAQ situtation, wars etc = flight to safe haven = bring your money to singapore = property prices go up

rich man
18-07-07, 17:00
99 year leasehold One Rochester, developed by UE, located at North Buona Vista Rd have successfully sold out all their 100 over units of 2 & bedroom units during their recent private sales preview.

One week ago selling prices started at $1000 psf for their directors & staffs. By yesterday prices in the secondary were transacted as high as $1650 psf.

No wonder I've received several offers at $5m for a unit of 3295 sq ft of townhouse at The Ford @ Holland which was purchased at $3.75m during Dec 2006. Last month a similar unit was sold for $4.9m.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 17:12
99 year leasehold One Rochester, developed by UE, located at North Buona Vista Rd have successfully sold out all their 100 over units of 2 & bedroom units during their recent private sales preview.

One week ago selling prices started at $1000 psf for their directors & staffs. By yesterday prices in the secondary were transacted as high as $1650 psf.

No wonder I've received several offers at $5m for a unit of 3295 sq ft of townhouse at The Ford @ Holland which was purchased at $3.75m during Dec 2006. Last month a similar unit was sold for $4.9m.

Thing may have change this afternoon as propety and stock markets have started the long over due consolidation phase.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 09:45
Second sign = "Resurgent Al-Qaeda determined to strike US: intelligence" CNA news today.

Sign of the time = "Britain hit by worst flooding in 60 years" - CNA

Unregistered
24-07-07, 10:47
Take heed of a top govt. minister's advice: No need to rush. Dont get SPOOKED.

Reporter
16-04-08, 01:11
http://www.afp.com/english/home/imgs/logo.gif
Biomedical sciences sector grows fourfold from 2000
Agence France-Presse
Singapore
Tuesday, 15 April 2008

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/php8Dc9dK.jpg

Singapore's output in biomedical sciences has increased fourfold and the city-state is positioned to further tap Asia's expanding medical market, government officials said on Tuesday.

Output in the biomedical sector reached S$24 billion (US$17.7 billion) last year, up from S$6.3 billion in 2000, when the government began to develop the sector in a bid at economic diversification, the Economic Development Board (EDB) said.

Biomedical sciences - pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical technology and healthcare services - last year made up 10.1% of all manufacturing output in Singapore, the EDB said in conjunction with the BioMedical Asia conference of industry players.

Asia's expanding market opportunities and talent pool are major "pull factors" for investors, and Singapore is a strategic location for companies' expansion into the region, EDB said in a statement.

"Within the next decade, we will see Asia emerge as a global powerhouse in the biomedical sciences industry. The sheer size of the market, talent and resource base cannot be ignored," Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang said in an opening address to the conference.

While the industry faces numerous short-term challenges such as escalating research and development costs, the demand for effective medicine would continue to rise, Beh Kian Teik, deputy director of the EDB'S biomedical sciences group, told reporters.

The outlook for biomedical science in Asia is "particularly bright" as companies gear up to access the increasingly affluent and middle-class markets, said Beh.

EDB said Singapore's biomedical sector employed more than 11,500 people last year, double the number employed in the year 2000.

"The biomedical sciences sector is a key pillar of the Singapore economy," said Aw Kah Peng, assistant managing director of EDB.

Business Times
06-05-08, 14:06
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
New Master Plan expected to see selective changes
Key sectors seen benefiting include hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2008 - which will be exhibited soon - will see changes in land use and increases in plot ratios, but these will be selective and focused on growth areas, rather than a widespread upgrade in densities, DBS Vickers Securities said in a report dated yesterday.

The strategic initiatives from the Master Plan will filter down to improved growth fundamentals for various economic sectors. While the property sector will be a key and obvious beneficiary, also standing to benefit from the strategic outline are the hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport and construction sectors, the report said.

More land will be provided for development of the aerospace industry and the establishment of a designated hub near Seletar Airport will continue to provide strong fundamentals for the sector's continued growth. For the healthcare sector, DBS Vickers sees a medical hub developing around the Novena area and 'we could see rezoning of land parcels in this area to facilitate the development of this medical hub'.

It also suggests plot ratio increases in some mature HDB estates, as part of the rejuvenation plan. With Jurong and Paya Lebar earmarked as new business hubs outside the CBD, 'we are likely to see a concentration of Government Land Sale projects in these two areas in the medium term'.

Noting that the authorities have revealed plans for new residential enclaves such as the area around Marina South Gardens and Kallang Basin, it said, 'we expect rezoning and plot ratio adjustments in these areas'.

'We expect much of the key significant land use and plot ratio changes to be concentrated in certain strategic areas - Seletar (aerospace industrial use), Jurong (new regional centre), Paya Lebar (commercial hub near city fringe), Marina Bay (white sites and residential), Novena (medical and healthcare), Kallang Basin (residential) and Ophir-Rochor (mixed development).'

The report added: 'With the phased opening of the Circle Line from 2009 onwards, we also expect to see an increase in plot ratios for undeveloped state land sites that are close to Circle Line MRT stations, and in particular those that intersect with existing MRT stations.'

'With interchange stations planned at Paya Lebar, Serangoon, Bishan, Buona Vista, Harbourfront and Dhoby Ghaut, we believe that the highest potential for plot ratio changes could come at the Paya Lebar and Serangoon stations, given that the area around the remaining interchange stations are already relatively built up,' DBS Vickers said.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-05-06/060508_krmaster6.jpg

Pink4
13-05-08, 21:23
The project has still not been fully sold. When I pass it daily, I can't help but notice the sign "Deferred Payment" available. Like 1-North, the developer has sold it way, way into the future. Plot ratio increase does not mean much anymore. How to enbloc and get good returns?

URA
15-05-08, 23:39
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Rochester .. RCR ........ 1 ............................... 1,300 ............ 1,300 ............ 1,300

URA
18-06-08, 12:43
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of May 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Rochester .. RCR ........ 1 ............................... 1,355 ............ 1,355 ............ 1,355

Unregistered1
20-08-08, 17:57
Anyone think the price is reasonable? paying close to 1.4k for buona vista area..

EBD
20-08-08, 21:45
Anyone think the price is reasonable? paying close to 1.4k for buona vista area..

THE ROCHESTER (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20ROCHESTER&street_name=ROCHESTER%20DRIVE&property_type_code=04');) ROCHESTER DRIVE Apartment 1,130,000 1,206 937 Jul-08well, its coming down, but I wouldn't pay 1200 for that area. You can buy D9 for that if you look hard enough.

Agentburn
21-08-08, 10:20
Beware... Those dirty agents bought up a few units during launching at 850ish psf.. some have spin out but some are still holding..
so if u wanna buy.... below 800 psf !

Unregistered1
22-08-08, 09:38
Beware... Those dirty agents bought up a few units during launching at 850ish psf.. some have spin out but some are still holding..
so if u wanna buy.... below 800 psf !

really? Cool!. then i am going to wait then. 1.4kpsf for the area is too overpriced. D9 have 1.4kpsf?Hmmm where is it ah? I only know Parc Sophia 1.5k+. anywhere else? Thanks!!

desirenlure
22-09-08, 15:36
Does anyone know why the construction is slow compare to other projects launch around the same time? Are they waiting for the tunnelling work of the Circle Line to be complete before they go full steam, is it a deliberate act by United Engineer or is it due to project funding.

This is a great project that will revitalize the entire area; I cannot wait for it to complete.

Patient
22-09-08, 15:39
Patience my friends ! and you will be richly rewarded !

desirenlure
30-09-08, 20:42
With the current credit crunch in the market, do you think United Engineers has sufficient funding to complete the project in addition to fulfill the interest payments for deferred payments? Where can we find such information?

moonk123
19-11-08, 10:49
Project Name-THE ROCHESTER
Developer-UE One-North Developments Pte Ltd
Property Type-Apartment
Tenure - 99 Yrs From 02/02/2005
Total Units - 366
Completion Date - Est 31 Dec 2011
District - 5

Loft Units (840 - 1281sf)
1 bedroom / Studio (861 - 980sf)
2 bedroom (1206 - 1625sf)
3 bedroom (1701 - 2121sf)
Penthouse (2271 - 5210sf)

This website contains of 720 degree virtual tour,project details,photos,available unit types,transaction,floor plans,elevation,finished,transaction,location map....

find out more details from
http://www.virtualhomes.sg/therochester

mr funny
28-05-09, 23:27
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,335132,00.html?

Published May 28, 2009

UE and GuocoLand add green beauty

By MICHELLE YEO

(SINGAPORE) Green concerns have gone beyond consumers toting reusable shopping bags to developers putting up buildings that are kind on the environment.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-05-28/BT_IMAGES_MYBCA28.jpg
Winner again: UE has clinched its third and fourth Gold award for The Rochester condominium, shopping mall and hotel development

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-05-28/BT_IMAGES_MYBCA28-77V.jpg
Platinum winner: GuocoLand's Sophia Residence, a condominium coming up in the prime residential enclave of Mount Sophia in District 9

Two developers that have met the mark in this area are United Engineers Ltd (UE) and GuocoLand, with each clinching Green Mark awards given out by the Building and Construction Authority (BCA).

Having bagged two BCA Green Mark awards since 2007, UE has clinched its third and fourth Gold award for The Rochester condominium (residential category) and Park Avenue Rochester Hotel and The Rochester Square Shopping Mall (commercial category). The condominium, shopping mall and hotel form a mixed development in One-North, South Buona Vista Road.

This is the first commercial project in One-North to win such an award and deploy a district cooling system. This cooling system distributes thermal energy in the form of chilled water or other media from a central source to multiple buildings, eliminating the need for separate systems in individual buildings.

Having a green building, however, does not necessarily translate to absolute cost savings in the short term, since facilities such as the district cooling system can cost quite a substantial amount.

Benefits of green buildings are long term, some of which can be rather intangible, says David Liew, managing director of UE Developments. 'A good and clear conscience goes beyond what money can buy.'

Other green features of The Rochester include energy-efficient air-conditioning and lighting, and a water-efficient sanitaryware system in compliance with WELLS (Water Efficiency Label System), a national rating system by BCA.

Another plus point is the use of recycled building materials. The project will have outdoor furniture made from recycled materials and concrete kerbs built from recycled concrete aggregate.

A sky garden on the condominium's ninth storey and vertical greenery from levels four to eight in the commercial buildings add a touch of beauty.

UE, which has a history dating back to 1912, has managed to keep pace with the times, tailoring its corporate philosophy to take account of the current green focus.

'As a corporate citizen, we have a social responsibility as most of our projects will definitely have a physical and environmental impact on our island-state,' said Mr Liew. 'As a company, where we have to be responsible to our customers, shareholders and employees, maintaining a portfolio of environmentally sustainable buildings has also increasingly demonstrated long-term asset value and investment merits,' he added.

UE has plans to put its next project up for the Green Mark award - the UE Biz Hub in Changi Business Park.

GuocoLand is another developer that has excelled in meeting environmental standards, clinching the Platinum Green Mark award for its residential project, Sophia Residence.

The condominium is coming up in the prime residential enclave of Mount Sophia in District 9. This is the group's third such award, and its second Platinum.

Homebuyers seem to be more aware about environmental sustainability these days, and GuocoLand has kept its clients satisfied.

Trina Loh, managing director of GuocoLand (Singapore), noted that Sophia Residence is one of the first Green Mark Platinum award projects assessed under the new and more stringent BCA Green Mark criteria. 'We are proud that Sophia Residence has excelled with its outstanding eco-friendly features and has exceeded some of the requirements.'

The innovative design process for the building façade also leads to a lower RETV (Residential Envelope Transmittance Value). This lessens the heat load and can achieve up to a 25 per cent reduction in electricity bills for air-conditioning.

An interesting feature of the condominium is its eco ponds and biofilter ponds. These ponds, which are part of the landscaping, will be fed by rainwater and ground water harvested from the development's roof terraces and infiltration trenches.

The ponds will then filter the water using oxygenating reeds and will be able to support diverse water plants and fish. The filtered water is collected in an irrigation tank and can be reused to irrigate the landscape.

The projected energy savings could come up to 3.8 million kWh a year - equivalent to S$728,000 in energy bills. Savings in potable water come up to 47,000 cubic metres a year, or up to S$115,000.

But beyond cash savings, the extensive green features will enhance the overall quality of life for the homeowners, said Ms Loh.

PropertiesHunter
14-07-09, 10:52
Is this a forgotten project after some good PSf rise at Metro & AS average 1100 to 1300psf.

I think this project would get more notice when it come near to TOP. last transacted is 900psf. It got all the potential like NUS, NTU branch, Biopolis, NUH, poly and at the fedge of D10. Most important Holland village.

Bigger retail stores within the stone throw distance MRT 200m away.

2X Primary school within 1KM.

LAst but not least Not much condo with 2KM radius other than D10 projects.

Anyone can comment. I am seriously looking for one unit there.

proud owner
14-07-09, 11:04
Is this a forgotten project after some good PSf rise at Metro & AS average 1100 to 1300psf.

I think this project would get more notice when it come near to TOP. last transacted is 900psf. It got all the potential like NUS, NTU branch, Biopolis, NUH, poly and at the fedge of D10. Most important Holland village.

theres Dover park view and Heritage View and One North

bargain hunter
14-07-09, 13:49
many owners bought at the peak in aug 07 at 1300psf and above so not sure if they are willing to sell to you cheap. 900psf is actually for 1 room lofts so the "actual" psf is higher as loft sq ft includes the imaginery 2nd floor area. not sure how to phrase it, any loft expert can do a better job explaining? :)

Sky001
14-01-10, 17:04
hi, any idea what's prices at rochester now?

new2mondrian
14-01-10, 17:43
many owners bought at the peak in aug 07 at 1300psf and above so not sure if they are willing to sell to you cheap. 900psf is actually for 1 room lofts so the "actual" psf is higher as loft sq ft includes the imaginery 2nd floor area. not sure how to phrase it, any loft expert can do a better job explaining? :)

agree. loft units are recent phenomenons which are terrible in terms of space utilisation and psf calculation. The whole staircase and area under the stairwell are basically unlivable. One North lofts even worse, with large planter spaces. :(

At $9xx to $1k plus psf for a 99-year leasehold, one's money is better placed in getting a landed property along Mt Sinai. Same proximity to schools and Holland Village, with the land title and freehold status on top of it.

Reporter
14-01-10, 21:13
hi, any idea what's prices at rochester now?
Here are the transactions for the last 4 months.

The Rochester
Address ............................ psf .............. Area ......... Price ............ Contract Date
33 Rochester Drive #23-09 .... $1,017 psf .... 1,701 sqft ... $1,730,000 .... 22 Oct 09
33 Rochester Drive #34-02 .... $1,280 psf .... 1,948 sqft ... $2,493,000 .... 12 Oct 09
33 Rochester Drive #21-06 .... $1,121 psf .... 1,302 sqft ... $1,460,000 ...... 5 Oct 09
33 Rochester Drive #10-02 .... $1,200 psf .... 1,948 sqft ... $2,337,000 .... 17 Sep 09

Reporter
18-02-10, 09:04
Alright! Last unit sold at $1,330 psf. Case closed.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Rochester .. OCR ....... 366 ...................... 1 ............................ 1,330 ............ 1,330 ........... 1,330

Sky001
18-02-10, 10:36
wow..record high..wonder if buyer knows that #29-01, contract date 11 jan 2010, according to the edge was sold at $1160psf..

stalingrad
18-02-10, 10:53
agree. loft units are recent phenomenons which are terrible in terms of space utilisation and psf calculation. The whole staircase and area under the stairwell are basically unlivable. One North lofts even worse, with large planter spaces. :(

At $9xx to $1k plus psf for a 99-year leasehold, one's money is better placed in getting a landed property along Mt Sinai. Same proximity to schools and Holland Village, with the land title and freehold status on top of it.
you missed the point. the boom in properties is driven by Chinese (PRC) money. PRC nationals cannot buy landed properties. the market is bifurcated, with landed properties falling far behind non-landed condos. if you own condos, you can laugh all the way to the bank, but if you own landed, laugh all the way to the toilet. The issue is where is the demand coming from. As I said, it is from PRC nationals. My wife's friend is from China, and she (friend) alone grabbed three condos on one trip. Why? because, according to her, prices here are about the same as in Beijing and Shanghai. so, to these PRC nationals, there is no risk.

I bet those that bought rochester are chinese, PRC chinese, that is.