PDA

View Full Version : S'pore a viable investment option: renowned architect

ahlahdin
15-03-07, 03:58
S'pore a viable investment option: renowned architect

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 14 March 2007 2051 hrs

SINGAPORE : Singapore is a viable investment option with room for creativity to flourish, according to world-renowned architect Daniel Libeskind.

He said this to Channel NewsAsia on the sidelines of the MIPIM real estate fair in Cannes.

Mr Libeskind, the brainchild behind the "Reflections at Keppel Bay" project, said he was prepared to explore new projects in Singapore.

One of the pull factors was the positive interaction with government agencies, who were "enlightened" about urban designs and set high standards.

As a result, he was able to create Reflections - a mixed high-and-low-rise project to be ready in 2009.

Showflats are being constructed and sales of the 1,100 apartments could start in several months.

Mr Libeskind added that he considered Singapore a global city with diverse architecture and plurality of ideas.

He said, "Singapore is coming into the 21st century in a very powerful way, it's a place which depends on creativity, and I see it. And I think as long as a place has ambition, as long as it doesn't devolve into some local interest or decisions made in a secret boardroom, as long as it's out in the open, it's something that people have access to, then it would be good, and I think Singapore is a good example of a dynamic way forward." - CNA/ms