PDA

View Full Version : Clothes in Suburban Balconies - why dah dey?

gfoo
06-11-09, 23:05
Took a drive to my friend's flat in Sengkang today and passed by the Quartz.

My god....

Chock full of units draping wet clothes over their nice tempered glass balconies, hang bedsheets outside nice tempered glass facade - and this condo has barely TOPed. Even the flats next to TQ at least have the decency to hang up their clothes behind the facade within their flats.

Why why? So much love was shown in these forums for TQ and you have so many dumdums doing this.

Why do these Singaporeans 'aspire' to 'upgrade' from HDB living to pte condo, but still act like they are living in SIT flats?

kellogs
06-11-09, 23:49
dont play play ... those are designer clothes!

proud owner
07-11-09, 00:22
dont play play ... those are designer clothes!

designer clothes ...from shanghai street mkt ?
could be real stuff but selling at 1/10 th the retail price ?

azeoprop
07-11-09, 04:01
Maybe due to the design of the condo? The yard area cannot get direct sunlight for drying clothes. :beats-me-man:

cheerful
07-11-09, 09:53
behavioural and habitual issue -> difficult to change....... :cutedoggy:

it is much easier to change the physical side -> eg strike $5m toto -> have $ to buy property & designer items........

Douk
07-11-09, 10:50
Maybe due to the design of the condo? The yard area cannot get direct sunlight for drying clothes. :beats-me-man:

most new condo are built this way, to keep the unsightly yard in dark corners. Ppl just have to get use to dryer.

august
07-11-09, 11:09
from street level looking up at the Sail i could also see laundry hanging behind the windows leh...

azeoprop
07-11-09, 11:10
most new condo are built this way, to keep the unsightly yard in dark corners. Ppl just have to get use to dryer.

Dryer is energy inefficient, environment unfriendly and spoil your clothes, i used dryer for a year last time and most of my t shirts changed shape...some become short and fat, some become long and thin. :doh:

I think a good condo design should be efficiently practical to live in and yet beautiful. :p

Wild Falcon
07-11-09, 14:01
Most news condos either have no yard or yard facing inwards with no sun for aesthetic reasons. So bo bian must hang the clothes at balcony or window sills :( Actually Singaporeans hard to please lah. I just saw another post complaining the condo is ugly because the yard can be seen. Sighz. Cannot please everyone. But I really think its very energy inefficient to use dryer all the time - wat's the point of talking about Singapore "going green" and building "green" buildings without yards when people don't even use the natural sunlight to dry their clothes?

jonleelk
07-11-09, 14:56
If we surround the balcony with tall plants, then sun our laundry in the balcony with portable clothes line, should be able to still get the sun shinning down, yets eyes looking up from the street will not see them.

Can do?