PDA

View Full Version : Idyllic East

kimmi333
04-11-09, 14:35
Anyone here who have bought this development as well? Considering its puny size of 34 units, I'd bet the chances of meeting a fellow neighbour here is small! Anyway, it's down the road from Bleu and Calypso. I've lived along Upper East Coast Road all my life and honestly, there's NO place better. I used to walk my dog in the forest at the back when I was younger. I saw a monkey once too!

I cannot wait to move in next year! It's coming up real nice !! :)
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs067.snc3/13450_170246560142_552485142_3352000_4614300_n.jpg

Jazzer
04-11-09, 15:13
From the look of it, it may TOP in less than 6 months time :)

proud owner
04-11-09, 21:13
From the look of it, it may TOP in less than 6 months time :)

from the look of it
can also jump out of window ..all the way to outside the wall ..to the main road ...

kimmi3
04-11-09, 22:07
from the look of it
can also jump out of window ..all the way to outside the wall ..to the main road ...

Less sarcasm please. Leave that to me. :cheers6:

Regulators
04-11-09, 22:30
so where is ur unit facing? my fear of short developments is that someone standing at the road could actually throw a stone and able to smash ur window. if the unit is on the 20th floor let's say, it would reduce that possibility greatly.

Less sarcasm please. Leave that to me. :cheers6:

proud owner
04-11-09, 23:35
so where is ur unit facing? my fear of short developments is that someone standing at the road could actually throw a stone and able to smash ur window. if the unit is on the 20th floor let's say, it would reduce that possibility greatly.

theres something i do not understand ..

for landed houses, there is a minimum distance to be maintained .. between the wall ( front gate) and house or even between wall and edge of patio ..

why for condo .. it seems there isnt such restriction ...

how can they build the condo so close to the compound wall ???

so that pedestrains can look into the bathroom ?
so that outsiders can throw stones at your windows ?

or
so that residents can litter and they land outside the condo compound ?

Regulators
04-11-09, 23:54
very simple, developers want to maximise on the plot ratio and build bigger units to maximise profit. It is the same principle for cluster terraces. Why would the devloper want to en bloc a few landed terraces to minimise profit and give owners more "wasted land" to enjoy?

theres something i do not understand ..

for landed houses, there is a minimum distance to be maintained .. between the wall ( front gate) and house or even between wall and edge of patio ..

why for condo .. it seems there isnt such restriction ...

how can they build the condo so close to the compound wall ???

so that pedestrains can look into the bathroom ?
so that outsiders can throw stones at your windows ?

or
so that residents can litter and they land outside the condo compound ?

sleek
05-11-09, 08:16
Even for Apartments status, the minimum setback is still 3m from the boundary. :beats-me-man:

xebay11
05-11-09, 10:25
I think it is due to the angle of the photo, there is some setback I am sure.

Jazzer
05-11-09, 11:05
I think it is due to the angle of the photo, there is some setback I am sure.

Agree as well.

cwla71
03-12-09, 18:02
is the carpark underground? where is the pool? seems like the land size is pretty small.

marktkt22
07-12-09, 07:37
initially wanted to get a unit, but all small ones sold out.
Left with big unit. It cheaper compared to Breeze by the east, East Coast Residence etc
As for location, it seem to be in no man land.

trancedream
06-04-10, 17:00
Anyone here who have bought this development as well? Considering its puny size of 34 units, I'd bet the chances of meeting a fellow neighbour here is small! Anyway, it's down the road from Bleu and Calypso. I've lived along Upper East Coast Road all my life and honestly, there's NO place better. I used to walk my dog in the forest at the back when I was younger. I saw a monkey once too!

I cannot wait to move in next year! It's coming up real nice !! :)
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs067.snc3/13450_170246560142_552485142_3352000_4614300_n.jpg
Actually bought mid last year... called Hillwood and they said TOP end Apr-2010 or end May-2010... dropped by the condo yesterday and looking pretty good. As expected with only 34 units, it's a cozy boutique although the pool seems larger than i expected...

IDYLLIC
07-05-10, 20:46
My kitchen,bedrooms are too small. The garden area and the Gym are also xxs size. :doh:

kEN9170
08-05-10, 13:28
Any pics to show?

My kitchen,bedrooms are too small. The garden area and the Gym are also xxs size. :doh:

marktkt22
12-05-10, 00:03

u didnt check the floorplan and layout ?? :)

IDYLLIC
16-05-10, 20:22
u didnt check the floorplan and layout ?? :) The floorplan and layout all without measurement. e.g: From the layout, shown the master bedroom can put one bed and two side tables but found out that I can only put queen size and not king size bed.

Wild Falcon
16-05-10, 20:34
Is the pic the Master bedroom? It is very small indeed - looks like storeroom size :doh: . I guess the drawback of buying such "boutique" developments -everything is XXS size. Since you're already bought the place, I guess you just have to customise your furnishing and live with it. Either that, or sell it....

The floorplan and layout all without measurement. e.g: From the layout, shown the master bedroom can put one bed and two side tables but found out that I can only put queen size and not king size bed.

IDYLLIC
16-05-10, 21:57
Is the pic the Master bedroom? It is very small indeed - looks like storeroom size :doh: . I guess the drawback of buying such "boutique" developments -everything is XXS size. Since you're already bought the place, I guess you just have to customise your furnishing and live with it. Either that, or sell it....It's the 3rd bedroom. The master bedroom slightly bigger than this. See attached.

17-05-10, 08:46
It is not only the boutique developments with such small size bedrooms. I have visted my fair share of flats (including condo with full facilities somemore) and this is considered already quite ok already.
What is seen in the showflats are always misleading....

Whatsmore some of the showflats (still building) have also very small bedrooms, so i cannot imagine the actual units. :eek:

My :2cents: if you are keeping the place is to make good use of the bay windows fully.

Is the pic the Master bedroom? It is very small indeed - looks like storeroom size :doh: . I guess the drawback of buying such "boutique" developments -everything is XXS size. Since you're already bought the place, I guess you just have to customise your furnishing and live with it. Either that, or sell it....

marktkt22
17-05-10, 22:58
The floorplan and layout all without measurement. e.g: From the layout, shown the master bedroom can put one bed and two side tables but found out that I can only put queen size and not king size bed.

sorry for late reply... what ur 3 bedder total area ?

I myself also bought a small 3 bedder ~900ft (but good thing is that no planter and bay window). we are guessing the dimension based on scale, using eg door (fix width) or bed, wardrove as an estimate. also, Using the studio show flat wardrobe, we worked out some area and seem that it gel up to the final area.

nevertheless, we already ask the lawyer to request from the developer the actual dimension (so far no new yet).

for small space, you can visit the IKEA at tamp, they have design for 25m2, 35m2 and 55m2 living area...kinda cool and re-assuring. I use them to estimate my unit as well. hope it help...:)

if only u and spouse, maid, no kids...the size shown still quite okay...has to adept...i guess.

minority
28-06-10, 14:38
Actually the size are small.. And the pool is small. There is some design issue with the pool. When kids jump in and out. the water over flow on the side and flood to the wooden decking.. I think they are rectifying some of it. But the section in front of the gym still floods.

Units there are all pretty small. the bay windows takes up to much space.

marktkt22
28-06-10, 22:44
i think iDyllic east and idyllic residence are same developer....just had to design around the size constraint...MM are the trend..:)