PDA

View Full Version : Hillington Green for Sale

BensonLim
03-11-09, 01:59
Hi all,

I've a 3+1 bedroom unit at Hillington Green for sale.

Name: Hillington Green
Property Type: Condominium with full facilities
Tenure: 999yrs
No of Bedrooms: 3 bedrooms + study + utility room
Size: 1528 sqft
Asking price: S$1.15 Million Negotiable
Floor level: Mid floor / 5th floor
Remarks: Unit has a fantastic pool view / no west sun / very spacious 3 bedroom unit

With new developments compromising much of the floor size, it's very rare to get 3 bedrooms units that is larger than 1200sqft. Don't miss out on this good buy!

Viewings can be arrange upon advance notice. Serious seller!

Welcome all buyers and cobroke agents.

Don't hesitate anymore. Call 92768660 for more info!

Regulators
03-11-09, 09:17
This must be the ugliest condo in hillview. i have never seen a condo with such crappy exterior and the rear of every unit is facing the outside (which i believe was originally intended for all owners to get the lousy and noisy pool facing). If a condo development is not even bothered about facade, why would anyone even bother paying 1.15 million to live in it? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Hi all,

I've a 3+1 bedroom unit at Hillington Green for sale.

Name: Hillington Green
Property Type: Condominium with full facilities
Tenure: 999yrs
No of Bedrooms: 3 bedrooms + study + utility room
Size: 1528 sqft
Asking price: S$1.15 Million Negotiable
Floor level: Mid floor / 5th floor
Remarks: Unit has a fantastic pool view / no west sun / very spacious 3 bedroom unit

With new developments compromising much of the floor size, it's very rare to get 3 bedrooms units that is larger than 1200sqft. Don't miss out on this good buy!

Viewings can be arrange upon advance notice. Serious seller!

Welcome all buyers and cobroke agents.

Don't hesitate anymore. Call 92768660 for more info!

cheerful
03-11-09, 09:19
Think for the (proper) record, this is not within the vicinity of D21. Should be D23 i.e. Hillview area vicinity.

Party
03-11-09, 09:28
pls if u are not buying don't say my pool small facing road etc hor..........

Regulators
03-11-09, 10:26
This is D23, Hume Park is at the tail end of D21. That area to me is neither here nor there...:doh:

Think for the (proper) record, this is not within the vicinity of D21. Should be D23 i.e. Hillview area vicinity.

BensonLim
03-11-09, 10:55

Correction. It's D23. But anyway, I believe it's up to individuals to decide whether they like the place. There're definitely people who like this development as well. If not, there wouldn't be 500 over residents over there.

I personally like the environment a lot. Very peaceful and quiet. Won't get noise from main rd.

cheerful
03-11-09, 12:57
Correction. It's D23. But anyway, I believe it's up to individuals to decide whether they like the place. There're definitely people who like this development as well. If not, there wouldn't be 500 over residents over there.

I personally like the environment a lot. Very peaceful and quiet. Won't get noise from main rd.

Sure, but guess it's good to get the facts rite. A plus point is perhaps pretty near to future DTL station.

stalingrad
04-11-09, 08:37
I have been to hillington green. Yes, it is ugly. the paint is peeling off, and the pools are dirty.

having said that, I might be interested if the price is around 650 psf, rather than 750 psf.

Reporter
04-11-09, 10:03
so much for the pre-sale hype about this condo. never like the capitaland people, who are crafty and sneaky. So glad that no one wants to buy into into condo. I might be interested if the prices were in the neighborhood of 700psf. 1000psf. haha, no way.
So what if it is nice?
If the price is high to me, I will not buy it and say it is ugly.

So what if it is ugly?
If the price is low to me, I will buy it and say it is nice.

Regulators
04-11-09, 10:49
my friend was the first batch to buy it at $650psf, 13xxsf. it took donkey years later to finally see some kind of improvement in the pricing. went to his house and the bloody pool was a constant irritation and every unit is facing someone's unit and the noisy pool. the only part i like is the private lift to his unit which i thought added some kind of class. some people call this the selfish condo coz every unit there is inward looking which explains the ugliness of the exterior. I dont think the DTL is going to make much dif to the place unless the gov decides to build some kind of mall at the huge piece of land beside hillvista and the roundabout.

I have been to hillington green. Yes, it is ugly. the paint is peeling off, and the pools are dirty.

having said that, I might be interested if the price is around 650 psf, rather than 750 psf.

Regulators
04-11-09, 10:51
btw my friend who bought hillington sort of regretted it coz he works in the CBD. however he managed to get some foreign tenant to rent his place for $4k month at one point and it later dropped to $3.2k recently.

cheerful
04-11-09, 12:00
btw my friend who bought hillington sort of regretted it coz he works in the CBD. however he managed to get some foreign tenant to rent his place for $4k month at one point and it later dropped to $3.2k recently.

For that price that your fren paid, not exactly cheap .. low floor some time after launch was around 500+ psf. But you've correctly pointed out the issue about traffic .. HV area is like that one :)

stalingrad
04-11-09, 15:32
For that price that your fren paid, not exactly cheap .. low floor some time after launch was around 500+ psf. But you've correctly pointed out the issue about traffic .. HV area is like that one :)

Yes, traffic is bloody bad. if you want to go to CBD, be prepared for the long queues at traffic lights.

Wild Falcon
04-11-09, 16:37
Traffic is bloody bad compared to where? Pls name a place when traffic is bloody good. At least you're confirmed u won't have to pay $3 ERP like east coast or north for bloody bad traffic. Bukit Timah generally is a decent corridor to get to town which is relatively fast and ERP free, relative to many other parts of Singapore.

Actually I find many older condos have specific architectural merits. It may not be your taste but at least you can see the developer spend some effort in making the place unique. I believe many here prefer to follow the latest crowd - i.e. glass boxes that looks like office more than a home with no land to speak of, tiny units, narrow corridors, lap pool with no decent size pool. At least the Hillview condos look different from one another and good size with minimal wastage like bay windows. But absolute price of condos here is not cheap because units are large compared to other parts. It's for those who appreciate space and nature.

Yes, traffic is bloody bad. if you want to go to CBD, be prepared for the long queues at traffic lights.

Regulators
04-11-09, 19:51
there is absolutely no doubt that some people like that area and living in a place is basically each to his needs. i personally like nature and hillview is undoubtedly a good place to enjoy there. however hillview simply lacks the amenities to support the prices there. i will pick jalan jurong kechil or Toh tuck when it comes to older condos as it is at least nearer to the bt timah shopping belt and eateries. i agree fully with you that there are some condos in hillview that look more decent than the modern architectural boxy crap the likes of Metropolitan, Parc Emily and a whole load more, but moving with the times is something that we cannot change unfortunately.

Traffic is bloody bad compared to where? Pls name a place when traffic is bloody good. At least you're confirmed u won't have to pay $3 ERP like east coast or north for bloody bad traffic. Bukit Timah generally is a decent corridor to get to town which is relatively fast and ERP free, relative to many other parts of Singapore.

Actually I find many older condos have specific architectural merits. It may not be your taste but at least you can see the developer spend some effort in making the place unique. I believe many here prefer to follow the latest crowd - i.e. glass boxes that looks like office more than a home with no land to speak of, tiny units, narrow corridors, lap pool with no decent size pool. At least the Hillview condos look different from one another and good size with minimal wastage like bay windows. But absolute price of condos here is not cheap because units are large compared to other parts. It's for those who appreciate space and nature.

teddybear
04-11-09, 20:40
Bukit Timah is a nice place to live in but this is only true for the stretch between Farrer Road and Newton Circus; further north, traffic becomes worse. And who says no ERP in Bukit Timah? Those driving south along Bukit Timah Road in the morning crossing Farrer Road will get hit by a ERP gantry.

And Hillview is not exactly Bukit Timah - That is "Upper Bukit Timah", a place where traffic jam is perpetual and bloody bloody bad (worst than any part of Bukit Timah) and also got hit with an ERP gantry as well.

proud owner
04-11-09, 21:04
[quote=Wild Falcon]Traffic is bloody bad compared to where? Pls name a place when traffic is bloody good. At least you're confirmed u won't have to pay $3 ERP like east coast or north for bloody bad traffic. Bukit Timah generally is a decent corridor to get to town which is relatively fast and ERP free, relative to many other parts of Singapore.

i tell you where traffic is good

from pasir panjang to CBD ( 10 mins in the morning) or to orchard road (12 - 15 mins max ) ..

going into CBD , no ERP before robinson road ..
going into orchard, no erp until scotts

stevenc
04-11-09, 21:49
[quote=Wild Falcon]Traffic is bloody bad compared to where? Pls name a place when traffic is bloody good. At least you're confirmed u won't have to pay $3 ERP like east coast or north for bloody bad traffic. Bukit Timah generally is a decent corridor to get to town which is relatively fast and ERP free, relative to many other parts of Singapore.

i tell you where traffic is good

from pasir panjang to CBD ( 10 mins in the morning) or to orchard road (12 - 15 mins max ) ..

going into CBD , no ERP before robinson road ..
going into orchard, no erp until scotts

district 3 or 4 e.g. metropolitan, ascentia sky, alexis, regency etc. are very near the city center be it orchard or CBD. I presently live in this area and enjoy the convenience. No ERP. But their prices are much higher that bt timah.

BensonLim
05-11-09, 01:07

The Management is already doing a major painting job to the development now. The building will look brand new after december.

Regulators
05-11-09, 02:20
nothing they can do to change the ugly inside out look:doh:

The Management is already doing a major painting job to the development now. The building will look brand new after december.

stalingrad
05-11-09, 08:56
they should've done it long time ago. this place has looked like a slum with peeling paint for two years, right after TOP.

but nothing can be done about the traffic. yes, it is bloody bad up there. at rush hours, you can grow a beard just waiting at the traffic lights.

Cactus72
05-11-09, 09:11
but nothing can be done about the traffic. yes, it is bloody bad up there. at rush hours, you can grow a beard just waiting at the traffic lights.

Haha...this is funny...it is rather exaggerating in the statement but I know you are just trying to describe the bad traffic condition. So, what happen if these drivers are female?

BB
05-11-09, 18:41
If want to buy Hillview, Glendale Park is a much better choice compared to Hillington Green. Great potential for being just beside future mrt station & rail mall.

Wild Falcon
05-11-09, 19:17
But no greenery and not GCB areas and face concrete jungle and face HDB flats and 99LH. Bukit Timah is freehold and all landed and condos GCB and greenery. To each his own. Traffic in the west is still the best in SG. The WORST is CTE and ECP - pay ERP till the nose bleed (can be $10 a day!!!) and still got stuck in traffic. :banghead: Eunos, Payah Lebar, Still road, Joo Chiat, Bishan, AMK, Kallang - nightmarish even on weekends. But I admit West Coast traffic should be the best but face Jurong Island and container ports. There's no perfect place, just prioritise based on your needs.

The yards face outside issit? Doesn't matter lah. Nowadays condos don't even have yards! At the end of the day, with the same $, its whether you buy a 1600sq ft house here or a 800 sq ft house in the city. Some prefer more space for their children or their collection of wines/paintings, near greenery, lots of nature to jog or walk the dogs etc. Some r practical prefer to stay near in small units in the city because they take MRT and dun mind cramped premises.

[quote=proud owner]

district 3 or 4 e.g. metropolitan, ascentia sky, alexis, regency etc. are very near the city center be it orchard or CBD. I presently live in this area and enjoy the convenience. No ERP. But their prices are much higher that bt timah.

teddybear
05-11-09, 20:05
I like the sentence: "The WORST is CTE and ECP - pay ERP till the nose bleed (can be $10 a day!!!) and still got stuck in traffic."
The problem is not the ERP but after paying so much money still gonna stuck in that bloody traffic jam! :cheers1:

[quote=Wild Falcon]But no greenery and not GCB areas and face concrete jungle and face HDB flats and 99LH. Bukit Timah is freehold and all landed and condos GCB and greenery. To each his own. Traffic in the west is still the best in SG. The WORST is CTE and ECP - pay ERP till the nose bleed (can be $10 a day!!!) and still got stuck in traffic. :banghead: Eunos, Payah Lebar, Still road, Joo Chiat, Bishan, AMK, Kallang - nightmarish even on weekends. But I admit West Coast traffic should be the best but face Jurong Island and container ports. There's no perfect place, just prioritise based on your needs.

The yards face outside issit? Doesn't matter lah. Nowadays condos don't even have yards! At the end of the day, with the same $, its whether you buy a 1600sq ft house here or a 800 sq ft house in the city. Some prefer more space for their children or their collection of wines/paintings, near greenery, lots of nature to jog or walk the dogs etc. Some r practical prefer to stay near in small units in the city because they take MRT and dun mind cramped premises.

proud owner
05-11-09, 22:13
Haha...this is funny...it is rather exaggerating in the statement but I know you are just trying to describe the bad traffic condition. So, what happen if these drivers are female?

armpit hair ? can tie pony tail ?

Cactus72
06-11-09, 07:26
armpit hair ? can tie pony tail ?

Haha...Then male driver will have 3 pony tails..better bring a shaver in the car.

Suddenly I thought of an even more exaggerating analogy...if we make baby in the car, the woman will have given birth by the time we reach the end of the traffic jam.:scared-3:

cheerful
06-11-09, 08:39
Thought Upper Bt Timah and Bt Timah quite different in terms of prestige, no? Maybe traffic about the same, but people associate Hillview, etc. with the Upper part only leh ... :2cents:

To each its own bah ...

Wild Falcon
07-11-09, 14:21
2 traffic lights will reach Bukit Timah Road and PIE (In fact PIE only one traffic light as the other one is a slip road). The one at Hume is very short timing - maybe 2 min? There is another traffic light at Anak Bukit but should take 5 min to clear at worst. Its much better than areas with many pedestrian crossings and see pedestrians strolling across the road - Upper Bukit Timah has no pedestrian crossings. Anyway, I suspect most of the commentators are not familiar with the area bah. Units are large and accords space and full facilities. Very often, 2-3 tennis courts for a mid size condo which is impossible nowadays and nice mountain biking trail at Dairy Farm. I guess Dairy Farm or Hillview residents never go around say it is prestigious but it is a quiet and peaceful locale with nice spattering of eateries with nature reserves. There are lots of nice and quaint restaurants at Upper Bukit Timah BTW - not the sort of chain outlets you find at more "prestigious" places like Ion - but has so much more personality. I think the owners here never look for prestige bah. And if prestige and how others view you (peer validation) is the MOST important criteria, then D9 is the place to go. And its not even expensive nowadays. Lots of mickey mouse units and 2 bedders that you can hao lian! Easily affordable. YEH!

So if your question is "Is Upper Bukit Timah or Dairy Farm or Hillview PRESTIGIOUS? Obviously NO - not a prestigious or pretentious area. No lack of such areas anyway.

爱屋及乌
07-11-09, 20:54
You forgot to mention the ERP gantry infront of Hume Park. Of course I am sure u do not get out of your house between 7.45am to 9am during weekdays.

2 traffic lights will reach Bukit Timah Road and PIE (In fact PIE only one traffic light as the other one is a slip road). The one at Hume is very short timing - maybe 2 min? There is another traffic light at Anak Bukit but should take 5 min to clear at worst. Its much better than areas with many pedestrian crossings and see pedestrians strolling across the road - Upper Bukit Timah has no pedestrian crossings. Anyway, I suspect most of the commentators are not familiar with the area bah. Units are large and accords space and full facilities. Very often, 2-3 tennis courts for a mid size condo which is impossible nowadays and nice mountain biking trail at Dairy Farm. I guess Dairy Farm or Hillview residents never go around say it is prestigious but it is a quiet and peaceful locale with nice spattering of eateries with nature reserves. There are lots of nice and quaint restaurants at Upper Bukit Timah BTW - not the sort of chain outlets you find at more "prestigious" places like Ion - but has so much more personality. I think the owners here never look for prestige bah. And if prestige and how others view you (peer validation) is the MOST important criteria, then D9 is the place to go. And its not even expensive nowadays. Lots of mickey mouse units and 2 bedders that you can hao lian! Easily affordable. YEH!

So if your question is "Is Upper Bukit Timah or Dairy Farm or Hillview PRESTIGIOUS? Obviously NO - not a prestigious or pretentious area. No lack of such areas anyway.

Wild Falcon
07-11-09, 21:20
Hume gantry is 50 cents stop at 830. 8:30 onwards no ERP. Most snr execs leave home after 8:30am (no ERP) and reach office prolly at or slightly before 9am bah - Bt Timah corridor is quite clear at that timing (school time over). But if you're the sort who need to reach office by 830am - then need to pay 50 cents. Many here (myself included) don't pay ERP at all everyday. I know of people telling me that pay almost $10 ERP per day (ECP and CTE) - that is shocking.

You forgot to mention the ERP gantry infront of Hume Park. Of course I am sure u do not get out of your house between 7.45am to 9am during weekdays.

cheerful
08-11-09, 14:32
Hmmmm ... maybe you should tell that to the agent who started this thread bah ("Anyway, I suspect most of the commentators are not familiar with the area bah.") ... can't even get the district right.

Thanks for correcting the fact and that is Upper Bt Timah is Upper Bt Timah, Bt Timah is Bt Timah ... just like you shldn't mix up Thomson with Upper Thomson ... East Coast & Upper East Coast ... duh!

Reporter
30-03-10, 16:45
http://www.sph.com.sg/images/logo_lhwb.png
不满被拒入公寓 女屋主斗保安 马赛地堵大门
管倩莹 + 刘秀萍
联合晚报
星期二, 30-3-2010

http://news.omy.sg/OMYMEDIA/image/News/LocalNews/201003/20100330_MKWOO_CarPark_img_main.jpg
女商人价值30万元的马赛地豪华车,车轮被锁上两个星期了。

家住百万公寓的商人夫妇,驾驶30万元马赛地豪华车($300,000 Mercedes-Benz S-class)回家,保安员却禁止他们进入公寓(refused entrance by the guards)。

这起风波发生在本月15日深夜11时30分,地点在山景道喜临登园(Hillington Green)公寓。

女商人林太太(44岁)受访时说,她和丈夫拥有4辆车子(they have 4 cars),包括一辆捷豹(Jaguar)、一辆马赛地跑车(Mercedes-Benz sportcar)、一辆韩国双龙汽车(Ssangyong),以及去年12月注册、价值30万元的马赛地轿车。

“公寓委员会在去年常年会议后发出通告(notice),每户人在底层停车场只能停一辆车子(1 parking lot per unit),另一辆停在访客停车位,一个月最多停5天(a 2nd car can park at the vistors lots up to 5 days in a month)。”

林太太认为这不合理,他们多次和公寓管理层谈,答应在今年底将其中一辆车卖掉(agreed to sell off one of the cars),条件是其他车子不会接到警告信(on the condition that the other 3 cars will be allowed in the carpark),也不会被锁车轮。

“可是事发当天晚上,我和丈夫去晚宴回来,保安员却说我的马赛地没有注册可停在停车场,坚持不让我们开车进去,我们很生气,才会把车子停在公寓大门口(we were angry so we parked the car at the entrance)。”

林太太说,警方接到报案后到场调解,保安员才让他们把车子开进公寓。警方发言人受询时证实接获报案,已建议双方自行解决问题。

urban
30-03-10, 18:28
警方发言人受询时证实接获报案,已建议双方自行解决问题。

This is the best part. Singapore police asks you to settle yourself. So please bring knives and batons.

Condorich
30-03-10, 18:32
This is the best part. Singapore police asks you to settle yourself. So please bring knives and batons.

It means out of sight lah.

teddybear
30-03-10, 23:37
Whose fault is it? Condo estate have their rules and regulations, especially nowsdays many new condos have less car park lots than the number of units. As such, it is necessary to stipulate entitlement of only 1 car park lot per unit. If every family also have 2 or more cars, then where to find the car park space? If they can afford so many expensive cars, they can either afford to buy themselves a bungalow to park all their cars or buy a few more units in the condo estate to entitle them to the free car park lots. :p

http://www.sph.com.sg/images/logo_lhwb.png
不满被拒入公寓 女屋主斗保安 马赛地堵大门
管倩莹 + 刘秀萍
联合晚报
星期二, 30-3-2010

http://news.omy.sg/OMYMEDIA/image/News/LocalNews/201003/20100330_MKWOO_CarPark_img_main.jpg
女商人价值30万元的马赛地豪华车,车轮被锁上两个星期了。

家住百万公寓的商人夫妇,驾驶30万元马赛地豪华车($300,000 Mercedes-Benz S-class)回家,保安员却禁止他们进入公寓(refused entrance by the guards)。

这起风波发生在本月15日深夜11时30分,地点在山景道喜临登园(Hillington Green)公寓。

女商人林太太(44岁)受访时说,她和丈夫拥有4辆车子(they have 4 cars),包括一辆捷豹(Jaguar)、一辆马赛地跑车(Mercedes-Benz sportcar)、一辆韩国双龙汽车(Ssangyong),以及去年12月注册、价值30万元的马赛地轿车。

“公寓委员会在去年常年会议后发出通告(notice),每户人在底层停车场只能停一辆车子(1 parking lot per unit),另一辆停在访客停车位,一个月最多停5天(a 2nd car can park at the vistors lots up to 5 days in a month)。”

林太太认为这不合理,他们多次和公寓管理层谈,答应在今年底将其中一辆车卖掉(agreed to sell off one of the cars),条件是其他车子不会接到警告信(on the condition that the other 3 cars will be allowed in the carpark),也不会被锁车轮。

“可是事发当天晚上,我和丈夫去晚宴回来,保安员却说我的马赛地没有注册可停在停车场,坚持不让我们开车进去,我们很生气,才会把车子停在公寓大门口(we were angry so we parked the car at the entrance)。”

林太太说,警方接到报案后到场调解,保安员才让他们把车子开进公寓。警方发言人受询时证实接获报案,已建议双方自行解决问题。

proud owner
30-03-10, 23:52
Whose fault is it? Condo estate have their rules and regulations, especially nowsdays many new condos have less car park lots than the number of units. As such, it is necessary to stipulate entitlement of only 1 car park lot per unit. If every family also have 2 or more cars, then where to find the car park space? If they can afford so many expensive cars, they can either afford to buy themselves a bungalow to park all their cars or buy a few more units in the condo estate to entitle them to the free car park lots. :p

my ex condo .. though sufficient lowts .. management still charged me for my second car .. which i duly paid every mth ...

why they so rich and so cheapskate ??

maybe they are second hand car dealer... pretending to look rich ..

sfwoo
12-04-10, 20:43
...deleted...cos duplicate

phantom_opera
15-01-13, 12:47
perfect timing, both buying / selling

2013-01-03 #XX-XX 1,776 1,000 2003-07-29 481 $921,744 3,446 8.1

DC33_2008
15-01-13, 14:44
Have a friend who owns a PH there. Still holding as they have lived permanently abroad. Good for them.
perfect timing, both buying / selling

2013-01-03 #XX-XX 1,776 1,000 2003-07-29 481 $921,744 3,446 8.1

Wild Falcon
15-01-13, 16:22
If there is clearly sufficient unutilised lots and still charging for second car, then its the management office that is cheap skate. But if there are insufficient lots, then its a different story. Its like some condos really cheap skate charge for everything - might as well live in HDB pay-per-use. A parking lot doesn't even cost much to maintain - does not make sense to charge for parking unless there is insufficient lots. I know sometimes the council in certain condos have been infiltrated by people who don't own cars and so everytime think of strange reasons to charge parking so they feel they "gain" by punishing the drivers. So those who own more than 1 car should just join the condo's committee to push your interest through. I'm not sure about this Hillington Green's situation - but if there are indeed many empty lots, the condo have to ask themselves why are they charging for things which are in abundence and not utilised? Singaporeans just have to learn to be less selfish. Why are you so upset that your neighbour park in an empty space that has no other use any way?

my ex condo .. though sufficient lowts .. management still charged me for my second car .. which i duly paid every mth ...

why they so rich and so cheapskate ??

maybe they are second hand car dealer... pretending to look rich ..