PDA

View Full Version : Northoaks

mantrix
04-10-09, 11:15
I recently had a look at this EC - it's got a huge swimming pool and resort feel - not sure about the quality though (close to 10 years after TOP)

Relatively close to Admiralty MRT - prices are close to 500psf

anyone has any comments on this condo? or would the neighbouring woodsvale be better? :confused:

KarenK
05-10-09, 10:06
I recently had a look at this EC - it's got a huge swimming pool and resort feel - not sure about the quality though (close to 10 years after TOP)

Relatively close to Admiralty MRT - prices are close to 500psf

anyone has any comments on this condo? or would the neighbouring woodsvale be better? :confused:

I was there at a friend's BBQ a few years ago. got an instant headache the moment I stepped out from the carpark into the poolside/clubhouse area. hordes & hordes of people everywhere........children running/screaming everywhere.......bbq smoke all over the place as every single pit was being heavily utilised. the function rooms were side by side (not sure how many but seems quite a lot to me) & each room was overflowing with people.....I remember telling my hubby that I rather squat in our peaceful HDB flat than stay there.... :p

oh ya, I also remember lots of owners illegally washing their cars in the carpark in non-designated parking lots.....there were huge puddles of water in the car park thanks to them....

wreckwrx
05-10-09, 10:15
Just goes to show that people can get out of a slum but still you can't get the slum of some these people although they are staying in a condo.... :tsk-tsk:

Worst are those residents that think they can do anything they like coz they paid $200 ~ $300 maintenance every month. Their behavior can be a lot more irresponsible compared to HDB residents. At least with HDB, you worry you kena "fine" from HDB etc so residents tend to be more compliant... But with condo, they simply bo chap and even challenge the MC when told not to do certain things.... :doh:

xebay11
05-10-09, 10:27
I was there at a friend's BBQ a few years ago. got an instant headache the moment I stepped out from the carpark into the poolside/clubhouse area. hordes & hordes of people everywhere........children running/screaming everywhere.......bbq smoke all over the place as every single pit was being heavily utilised. the function rooms were side by side (not sure how many but seems quite a lot to me) & each room was overflowing with people.....I remember telling my hubby that I rather squat in our peaceful HDB flat than stay there.... :p

oh ya, I also remember lots of owners illegally washing their cars in the carpark in non-designated parking lots.....there were huge puddles of water in the car park thanks to them....

Would you not like to be the one holding the BBQ function? I mean there are better reasons why one should stay in HDB, but yours sounds sour grapes.

mantrix
05-10-09, 14:12
Well when I went there, it was very serene and peaceful...nice and windy - not at all like you described? Could it be a festive season / weekend when you went? anyway thanks for the feedback, keep 'em coming :)

xebay11
05-10-09, 14:22
Well when I went there, it was very serene and peaceful...nice and windy - not at all like you described? Could it be a festive season / weekend when you went? anyway thanks for the feedback, keep 'em coming :)

If you want serene and peaceful, do not select pool facing, simple.

jwong71
05-10-09, 14:43

Bear in mind, no single apartment is considered equal. You want perfect facing, near market, near bus stop, near schools no crowd, near MRT, high floor, no mossies, no lizards, good security, no jam....then you pay perfect money. If you do not have perfect money, you will have to compromise with ur HDB

sleek
05-10-09, 15:31
Bear in mind, no single apartment is considered equal. You want perfect facing, near market, near bus stop, near schools no crowd, near MRT, high floor, no mossies, no lizards, good security, no jam....then you pay perfect money. If you do not have perfect money, you will have to compromise with ur HDB

Besides buying within your means, its also now living within your means. :D

KarenK
05-10-09, 17:48
Would you not like to be the one holding the BBQ function? I mean there are better reasons why one should stay in HDB, but yours sounds sour grapes.

I'm currently awaiting the completion of my unit at Meadows @ Peirce. sounds like sour grapes? :spliff:

....and no, I do not hanker after the chance to hold a BBQ function as I do not like mess and hassle :sleep:

KarenK
05-10-09, 17:49

I'm happy with my current HDB dwelling. that is why I said I'd rather stay there than in Northoaks. it is more peaceful than my experience in Northoaks.

xebay11
05-10-09, 19:13
Then why buy Meadows @ pierce? every development has good and bad facings, some are serene and peaceful others are noisy. Same as HDB.

jwong71
05-10-09, 19:28
Then why buy Meadows @ pierce? every development has good and bad facings, some are serene and peaceful others are noisy. Same as HDB.

Maybe she's the earliest batch to rush in to buy, based on hearsay ad for future mrt.

Now mrt no more liao lol.
Karen: Congrats if u just bought one,but the new launches are overpriced. If is really overpriced,i think u be better off buying a unit at northoaks for old projects are still undervalued. U still got upside profits to lookforward to.

mantrix
05-10-09, 20:53
i looked at meadows too and i thought while the showroom was impressive, it wasn't exactly convenient - more like a retirement condo? for the location, it seems overpriced (twice the psf as northoaks) and the units are not few too - so i would expect some degree of noise. But the gripe for me was that I had to wait for completion + travel someways to MRT and amenities...

xebay11
05-10-09, 21:03
i looked at meadows too and i thought while the showroom was impressive, it wasn't exactly convenient - more like a retirement condo? for the location, it seems overpriced (twice the psf as northoaks) and the units are not few too - so i would expect some degree of noise. But the gripe for me was that I had to wait for completion + travel someways to MRT and amenities...

How can ulu condo be retirement home? No amenities, how do you expect the retirees to get their food and marketing? If you live with and depend on your kids then you need a landed house or large HDB, no pigeon hole condo can support multi gen family, or else the best place for retirees is HDB, where market and food centre is just downstairs.

mantrix
05-10-09, 21:36
How can ulu condo be retirement home? No amenities, how do you expect the retirees to get their food and marketing? If you live with and depend on your kids then you need a landed house or large HDB, no pigeon hole condo can support multi gen family, or else the best place for retirees is HDB, where market and food centre is just downstairs.

alright if Meadows is not a retirement condo then what would it be classified as? :confused:

jwong71
05-10-09, 22:16
I'm currently awaiting the completion of my unit at Meadows @ Peirce. sounds like sour grapes? :spliff:

....and no, I do not hanker after the chance to hold a BBQ function as I do not like mess and hassle :sleep:

Out curiosity, why dont get Northoaks,even is noisy.?? Likely over the years u will make money,compared to ur Meadows@pirece slimmer chance.

All my sold condos are of 13-20yrs old,that most newer generation wont take 2nd look at. But the profit is 100k min each time i sell.

You can live in a new beautiful overpriced condo,which u know u can either breakeven or lose out abit when u sell in future.
Where else all the matured older condos are sitting paper profit gains now.
Sister,this is not sour grapes. Do ur sum!

mantrix
05-10-09, 22:32
Out curiosity, why dont get Northoaks,even is noisy.?? Likely over the years u will make money,compared to ur Meadows@pirece slimmer chance.

All my sold condos are of 13-20yrs old,that most newer generation wont take 2nd look at. But the profit is 100k min each time i sell.

You can live in a new beautiful overpriced condo,which u know u can either breakeven or lose out abit when u sell in future.
Where else all the matured older condos are sitting paper profit gains now.
Sister,this is not sour grapes. Do ur sum!

hi, which condos did you previously buy and how long did you keep them before you sold them? 5 years? this is good advice - as for meadows, maybe she wanted to live there for good?

and seriously, northoaks is not that noisy i think - perhaps only on sundays where i heard the kids have swimming lessons and the BBQ pits are booked...:cheers6:

jwong71
05-10-09, 22:44
hi, which condos did you previously buy and how long did you keep them before you sold them? 5 years? this is good advice - as for meadows, maybe she wanted to live there for good?

and seriously, northoaks is not that noisy i think - perhaps only on sundays where i heard the kids have swimming lessons and the BBQ pits are booked...:cheers6:

Vista park buy in dec08 sold in May 09, Melville park buy in May09 sold in Sept 09. Each profit min 100-120k. NOt comparable to the BIGGER players here.:cheers1: All less than 1yr. Coz in terms of psf, is so much lower than the new condos,making is so much affordable attractive to the mass market. Even i dont buy in March. Bought in May with prices inches 10-30k more from March 09, but still sold with solid solid profits.

Lastly i went for newer condo The Infiniti,bought in Sept.
The PSF is about the same to LH new condos. More worth it.

amk
05-10-09, 22:47
r u guys serious ? Northoaks and Meadows are 2 totally diff kinds of project. One is a crowded mass market almost-EC (or was it EC) style LH project in the middle of HDBs in Woodlands, one is a mid market FH project in the middle of private houses in Upper Thomson. Last time before enbloc Green Meadows was already a much better project than Northoaks.

lancelot
05-10-09, 23:00
Vista park buy in dec08 sold in May 09, Melville park buy in May09 sold in Sept 09. Each profit min 100-120k. NOt comparable to the BIGGER players here.:cheers1: All less than 1yr. Coz in terms of psf, is so much lower than the new condos,making is so much affordable attractive to the mass market. Even i dont buy in March. Bought in May with prices inches 10-30k more from March 09, but still sold with solid solid profits.

This sounds like a trading strategy. Best to keep some spare cash in case Mr Taxman comes-a-looking.

proud owner
05-10-09, 23:05
This sounds like a trading strategy. Best to keep some spare cash in case Mr Taxman comes-a-looking.

i like his strategy ..

go for cheap units and wait for prices to rally .. even if it doesnt rally .. you dont lose money ... still can rent out cheap .. sure got taker

jwong71
05-10-09, 23:11

Noted. Alway kept spare cash just in case when i sold my unit. I got the spare cash ready for my next condo for the deposit.:D

jwong71
05-10-09, 23:14
i like his strategy ..

go for cheap units and wait for prices to rally .. even if it doesnt rally .. you dont lose money ... still can rent out cheap .. sure got taker

Haha. u got me!! And there's alway 80% of HDB upgraders for these mass market condos. ENtry levels condo for the 80% mass singaporeans.:D

Thk for your previous advices too.:cheers6:

jwong71
05-10-09, 23:41
i like his strategy ..

No choice, entry level condos for me. I feeding the mortgages all alone, not like those lucky guys to share the burden with their gf or wife. Making it even affordable to service mortgages with 2incomes.:p

unregistered881
06-10-09, 08:14
Woodsvale is also an EC rite?

Condorich
06-10-09, 08:18
Haha. u got me!! And there's alway 80% of HDB upgraders for these mass market condos. ENtry levels condo for the 80% mass singaporeans.:D

Thk for your previous advices too.:cheers6:

Yes I agree...

I would recommend to new investors to have these in mind when buying property for investment. Self stay folks have a different set of criteria.

1. Think about who are your likely customers for sales to reap capital gain, i.e. who will buy from you at your x+20% or above prices at y time horizon.
2. Think about who are your likely customers for rental to yield rental returns, i.e. who will rent from you at y% yield.
3. What to do when there are no buyers or tenants and no other source of income. i.e. set aside a buffer

Even though you may not be correct about the future, at least, take a well educated guess. Always buy within your means.

KarenK
06-10-09, 09:30

it's my personal decision? don't think I have to justify to u? coz whatever I say, u are going to use it against me. when I commented on Northoaks, u said I am sour grapes. when i tell u I bought Meadows, again u try to pick a fight. let's just leave it that it is my PERSONAL DECISION, ok? I don't mind sharing (with other genuinely interested parties) but I dont think u are interested in my opinion. u are just looking for more bullets to shoot me.

Condorich
06-10-09, 09:44
it's my personal decision? don't think I have to justify to u? coz whatever I say, u are going to use it against me. when I commented on Northoaks, u said I am sour grapes. when i tell u I bought Meadows, again u try to pick a fight. let's just leave it that it is my PERSONAL DECISION, ok? I don't mind sharing (with other genuinely interested parties) but I dont think u are interested in my opinion. u are just looking for more bullets to shoot me.

Take it easy.. don't bother about it too much which you are taking it well and doing fine.

In a forum, there are basically these 4 type of people

Talk Sense, Talk Nonsense

1. Can afford A C
2. Cannot afford B D

A. Talk sense and are wise.... what they say are valuable
and they can afford it.
B. Even though they cannot afford, they still talk sense and are wise.
C. They are rich but they spew alot of nonsense
D. Cannot afford and talk alot of nonsense

Basically, we read any post we like and distill our own judgement, nobody knows for certain whether they are right or wrong. I find people who call others sour grapes are the truely sour grapes themselves.

No offence to anybody intended.

xebay11
06-10-09, 09:49
Take it easy.. don't bother about it too much which you are taking it well and doing fine.

1. Can afford A C
2. Cannot afford B D

and they can afford it.

Basically, we read any post we like and distill our own judgement, nobody knows for certain whether they are right or wrong. I find people who call others sour grapes are the truely sour grapes themselves.

Two freehold properties under my belt, including a landed one and one commercial property, Oh yeah forgot to add 2 of the 3 of my properties, ie. including the landed one and commercial, are FULLY PAID, no 20% millionaire here, yep I got alot to be sour about :D

I guess people who make sweeping statement about a development after visiting and then saying that HDB is good and then later also book a condo, makes the most sense in these forums.

mantrix
06-10-09, 10:01
everybody talking about their condos but nobody offered their insightful views on Northoaks which was why i started the thread in the first place :(:beats-me-man:

anyway on investment, which units would you guys buy normally - the niche ones (penthouses, ground floors) or the standard units from 2nd floor up?

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:04
everybody talking about their condos but nobody offered their insightful views on Northoaks which was why i started the thread in the first place :(:beats-me-man:

anyway on investment, which units would you guys buy normally - the niche ones (penthouses, ground floors) or the standard units from 2nd floor up?

For investment definitely take the standard units most Singaporeans do not like PH or GF units as they cost more and alot of unlivable PES.

As for Northoaks, if you like the location and you can get a low PSF price, I say it is a nice development. I mean you pay for what you get. The large pool and function room are a plus.

Condorich
06-10-09, 10:06
Two freehold properties under my belt, including a landed one and one commercial property, Oh yeah forgot to add 2 of the 3 of my properties, ie. including the landed one and commercial, are FULLY PAID, no 20% millionaire here, yep I got alot to be sour about :D

I guess people who make sweeping statement about a development after visiting and then saying that HDB is good and then later also book a condo, makes the most sense in these forums.

Yup, so maybe you belong to those who can afford. I'll just leave the sense part and you do talk some sense to me at least. As humans, we spew nonsense from time to time. If I am guilty of that, please excuse me. At least I am aware of this limitation.

Forum comments are opinions, some backed by facts while some are not. Even so, they are still opinions. So, please also respect the opinions of others as there will be others who can appreciate what they say.

I made a remark about people calling sourgrapes being sourgrapes themselves because I value sound reasoning to win an argument and not name calling.. No matter how successful they are or can be, they can still be sourgrapes towards someone who is more successful than themselves.

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:32
Forum comments are opinions, some backed by facts while some are not. Even so, they are still opinions. So, please also respect the opinions of others as there will be others who can appreciate what they say.

If you really practice what you preach, you should not differentiate people into the ABCD classes, all can TCSS here, all can contribute here as well, whether they can afford properties or not.

Condorich
06-10-09, 11:42
If you really practice what you preach, you should not differentiate people into the ABCD classes, all can TCSS here, all can contribute here as well, whether they can afford properties or not.

Yes, some may view it as TCSS lah.. no problem..

The irony is that the people who criticise others as TCSS also TCSS... like that how? Sometimes they don't even know or dare to admit. Worst, they keep going around labelling others as TCSS. Let others TCSS lah...

:doh:

I must say that you are already quite successful in life. Keep posting, I do enjoy reading your posts.

:)

KarenK
06-10-09, 11:50

1. Can afford A C
2. Cannot afford B D

and they can afford it.

No offence to anybody intended.

thanks. I was offering my honest opinion to the person who started this thread as buying a pty is a hefty decision & not to be taken lightly. this was my personal experience & what I mentioned was not based on 3rd party hearsay. I certainly didn't ask to be whacked & called names by others for nothing.

KarenK
06-10-09, 11:52

read my 1st post again. I already mentioned that I visited Northoaks A FEW YEARS AGO. my purchase of Meadows is a RECENT decision. people do move on in life & make changes.

what i offered to the person who started this post was my honest opinion based on a personal experience. I never said HDB is good. I said I am happy with my current HDB flat which is more peaceful compared to my noisy experience at Northoaks. YOU are the one who are making sweeping statements.

xebay11
06-10-09, 11:54
thanks. I was offering my honest opinion to the person who started this thread as buying a pty is a hefty decision & not to be taken lightly. this was my personal experience & what I mentioned was not based on 3rd party hearsay. I certainly didn't ask to be whacked & called names by others for nothing.

I do apologize but next time you may qualify your post by stating the time and day you went and whether the condo was new.

Many new condos are noisier and have more functions as everyone wants to have housewarming, hence the crowds and noise. But it would not always be this way.

A general sweeping comment would invite attacks.

jwong71
06-10-09, 12:19

Get those ground units,facing the pool and greenery. That will be ur +point, even if not on the highest floor.

Or get the 2nd highest, as the highest floor will be scrooching hot from whole day sun.
Avoid west facing at all cost,months ago as i stepped into a unit at 7pm. I can still feel the heat on the living room flooring just with my bare feet.:D
Til date,the unit is still upz for sale.
Upz.:D

KarenK
06-10-09, 14:14
I do apologize but next time you may qualify your post by stating the time and day you went and whether the condo was new.

Many new condos are noisier and have more functions as everyone wants to have housewarming, hence the crowds and noise. But it would not always be this way.

A general sweeping comment would invite attacks.

nobody in their right minds would keep track of the exact time & day they went to a friend's BBQ function-cum-kid's birthday party which happened A FEW YEARS AGO. maybe u do but I don't. for the record, my friend had already been staying there for a few years when I went there A FEW YEARS AGO. again pls don't ask me to state exactly what time & day he moved in.

xebay11
06-10-09, 14:46
nobody in their right minds would keep track of the exact time & day they went to a friend's BBQ function-cum-kid's birthday party which happened A FEW YEARS AGO. maybe u do but I don't. for the record, my friend had already been staying there for a few years when I went there A FEW YEARS AGO. again pls don't ask me to state exactly what time & day he moved in.

Wah why you so literal? time and day means morning, afternoon or evening, weekday, saturday, sunday or just weekend. Why you so liddat? :) From there we can judge if that is normally a busy time at condos.

polarinda
06-10-09, 15:38

No. Sounds more like an immature kid saying "my toy is better than your toy" etc..

polarinda
06-10-09, 15:58
I made a remark about people calling sourgrapes being sourgrapes themselves because I value sound reasoning to win an argument and not name calling..

u have any idea what u are talking about above? Didn't u just name called in the above? lol

Reporter
06-10-09, 16:03
Since the last 2 posts are not related to Northoaks, let me post a picture of Northoaks to bring the discussion back to Northoaks.

http://img.st701.com/cms/property/condodir/d25/northoaks_p1_m.jpg

polarinda
06-10-09, 16:06
been there 3 years ago. Looks cramped to me, all the units very close to each other although there is an open park on one side(dunno still open or not). The pool looks big but because the blocks are all surrounding it in close approximity, echoes are commonly heard from the pool outwards. Not near to mrt somemore.
It being lh99, i would not touch it with a 10 feet pole.

KarenK
06-10-09, 16:14
Wah why you so literal? time and day means morning, afternoon or evening, weekday, saturday, sunday or just weekend. Why you so liddat? :) From there we can judge if that is normally a busy time at condos.

as i have mentioned before, engaging in an argument with u would be a lose-lose situation. if u ask about issue A & I explain it, u will come up with issue B & query why I never explain issue B. if I reply to issue B, u will come up with issue C or worse go back to accuse me of not addressing issue A again.

I am done with wasting my time with u.

KarenK
06-10-09, 16:18
No. Sounds more like an immature kid saying "my toy is better than your toy" etc..

another one jumps into the fray not knowing head or tail of what is going on. my reply is being taken out of context, twisted & used against me. so much for trying to offer an honest opinion to an interested buyer in Northoaks.

polarinda
06-10-09, 16:23
No no no. I saw what u wrote. U said u rather stay in your hdb because NOks was a little noisy and water puddled eh?
How's that (your liking your hdb more ) relevant to the thread starter? Maybe u should think before u type and than think again before u hit the submit button.

xebay11
06-10-09, 16:29
No no no. I saw what u wrote. U said u rather stay in your hdb because NOks was a little noisy and water puddled eh?
How's that (your liking your hdb more ) relevant to the thread starter? Maybe u should think before u type and than think again before u hit the submit button.

No point, let it go.

KarenK
06-10-09, 17:38

the person who started this thread was asking around for opinions/reviews on Northoaks. I was telling him my personal experience, how I didn't like the place & how I preferred my existing place which is just a humble HDB flat & yet more peaceful. how irrelevant is that?

wreckwrx
06-10-09, 18:17
the person who started this thread was asking around for opinions/reviews on Northoaks. I was telling him my personal experience, how I didn't like the place & how I preferred my existing place which is just a humble HDB flat & yet more peaceful. how irrelevant is that?

I was the first that responded to your comment and frankly I didn't find anything too antagonistic in your initial post..... but guess it all went downhill when you brought in Meadows@Pierce and struck some raw nerve there... :confused:

Anyway just chill since it is just a forum and everyone is entitled to their :2cents: be it constructive or otherwise....

So cheers! :cheers1:

Condorich
06-10-09, 19:34
u have any idea what u are talking about above? Didn't u just name called in the above? lol
Haha, good observation. I dont intent to name call anyone actually. Just making a statement about people who name call are actually name calling themselves. Its different in a sense that I dont have a particular person in mind versus name calling a specific person

polarinda
06-10-09, 20:01
Haha, good observation. I dont intent to name call anyone actually. Just making a statement about people who name call are actually name calling themselves. Its different in a sense that I dont have a particular person in mind versus name calling a specific person
that's called a sweeping statement. Duh

polarinda
06-10-09, 20:05

humble? remember how u brought up meadows when countering your sour grape allegations? Now that's humble.

Condorich
06-10-09, 20:27
that's called a sweeping statement. Duh
If u already know its sweeping statement, why ask me on it? Since u asked, I expressed in that manner for someone who dont understand it.
I was under the impression that you dont understand it. Duh Duh!

fourth
06-10-09, 23:10

When you say no good, people get defensive. Btw I see your reasoning and agrees with you. Nevermind lah... state your opinion then let go. Everything estate will have people who like and dislike for different reasons.

If people nitpick your comments, it is not going to change your opinion of the place. Similarly, no matter how many reasons you can give, the people who likes the place will not switch opinion. So why lose sleep over this? :sleep:

Reporter
06-10-09, 23:23
Now that everyone has cooled down. Let's enjoy another picture.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3011/2580017634_bacca5b62a.jpg

mantrix
06-10-09, 23:44
thanks Reporter! this view looks great - you stay in Northoaks? More pics please :)

Reporter
07-10-09, 00:42
thanks Reporter! this view looks great - you stay in Northoaks? More pics please :)
No, I don't stay in Northoaks.

KarenK
07-10-09, 09:32
I was the first that responded to your comment and frankly I didn't find anything too antagonistic in your initial post..... but guess it all went downhill when you brought in Meadows@Pierce and struck some raw nerve there... :confused:

Anyway just chill since it is just a forum and everyone is entitled to their :2cents: be it constructive or otherwise....

So cheers! :cheers1:

Hi there

I didn't intend to bring up meadows but i was called sour grapes for my honest opinion on northoaks? so I should have just kept quiet?

u are so right. everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do not appreciate being called names for nothing. that's why I rebutted those people....

KarenK
07-10-09, 09:35
humble? remember how u brought up meadows when countering your sour grape allegations? Now that's humble.

OMG. u just don't get it, do u? I never brought up meadows to boast to him. that was never my intent. I would have been boastful if I had mentioned meadows in my very 1st post for no specific reason. I mentioned it in my later post to show wat's-his-name that I am not sour grapes over northoaks as alleged by him!

KarenK
07-10-09, 09:36
When you say no good, people get defensive. Btw I see your reasoning and agrees with you. Nevermind lah... state your opinion then let go. Everything estate will have people who like and dislike for different reasons.

If people nitpick your comments, it is not going to change your opinion of the place. Similarly, no matter how many reasons you can give, the people who likes the place will not switch opinion. So why lose sleep over this? :sleep:

heh heh......i am not losing any sleep over this. it's so not worth it.... :spliff:

mantrix
07-10-09, 10:13
Get those ground units,facing the pool and greenery. That will be ur +point, even if not on the highest floor.

Or get the 2nd highest, as the highest floor will be scrooching hot from whole day sun.
Avoid west facing at all cost,months ago as i stepped into a unit at 7pm. I can still feel the heat on the living room flooring just with my bare feet.:D
Til date,the unit is still upz for sale.
Upz.:D

Thanks for advice! :D

nav14
07-10-09, 14:03

Sometimes sticking to one condo can make you the same amount of profit instead of treating it like a stock market and buying/selling within a short period of time. End up making the agts (commission) and govt (stamp duties) rich.

xebay11
07-10-09, 14:18
OMG. u just don't get it, do u? I never brought up meadows to boast to him. that was never my intent. I would have been boastful if I had mentioned meadows in my very 1st post for no specific reason. I mentioned it in my later post to show wat's-his-name that I am not sour grapes over northoaks as alleged by him!

Ha Ha one small remark gets you in a big big rile! You got high blood pressure? I even apologised seeing that you seem to be so uptight, I don't want blood on my hands.

By posting more and more to justify your remarks only makes me laugh harder.....learn to relax...........

jwong71
07-10-09, 15:47
Sometimes sticking to one condo can make you the same amount of profit instead of treating it like a stock market and buying/selling within a short period of time. End up making the agts (commission) and govt (stamp duties) rich.

Then u are wrong in this case, i had maximise each condos of the profits after take in consideration of few factors.

Each to its own of suming up sums.:D

lancelot
07-10-09, 16:10
Going back to the topic. It may be more useful to OP to compare Northoaks to neighbourhood projects. That means looking at Woodsvale, Rosewood, Casablanca, Woodgrove, Woodgrove Condo (did I miss out any?) My friend used to have a Woodsvale unit overlooking the park. It was nice and quiet. Developer provided optimal use of space; the three bedders felt spacious including the kitchen as there was few wasted space like bay windows or balcony.

Woodsvale and Northoaks are ECs that were offered around the same time. I went to view both. Not much to choose between the two. Both have outdoor and underground parking. At the time, I gave feedback to CDL (developer of Northoaks) rep that Woodsvale's units were more regularly shaped but Northoaks had a more resort look.

I don't remember too much about it except that the CDL chap mentioned that Northoaks had a more auspicious sounding name in Chinese whereas Woodsvale's sounded like wood coffin. Imagine my surprise then that the same CDL has named its west coast road project Hundred Trees. As Sun Tzu might have said, "Know yourself and know your enemy, you will be assured of victory even when you fight a hundred battles. Conversely, overestimate yourself and don't know your enemies, go live in Hundred Trees Condo."

nav14
07-10-09, 16:29
Then u are wrong in this case, i had maximise each condos of the profits after take in consideration of few factors.

Each to its own of suming up sums.:D

If you had bought a studio at say City Square for eg at 500k in Dec 08 (that was the going price then after having fallen from 600K+) you could have sold it for 720k(latest transacted prices) or so today. I believe the same amont of profit as you made buying and selling 2 condos in the same period but without the hassle. So many examples where you could have made similar profit sticking to just one property bought in Dec 08.

jwong71
07-10-09, 21:02
If you had bought a studio at say City Square for eg at 500k in Dec 08 (that was the going price then after having fallen from 600K+) you could have sold it for 720k(latest transacted prices) or so today. I believe the same amont of profit as you made buying and selling 2 condos in the same period but without the hassle. So many examples where you could have made similar profit sticking to just one property bought in Dec 08.

Vista park bought 342k, sold at 460k. Peak is 490k.
Do u reckon i could sell at 542k, despite of its age and being a LH.
I dont wan to bet on it, by holding to any longer. Plus this is the only LH,among the FHs surrounding.

SO now do u think i bet on the right side.??

jwong71
07-10-09, 21:06
Vista park bought 342k, sold at 460k. Peak is 490k.
Do u reckon i could sell at 542k, despite of its age and being a LH.
I dont wan to bet on it, by holding to any longer. Plus this is the only LH,among the FHs surrounding.

SO now do u think i bet on the right side.??

Forget to add on. This 342k purchase was not on the URA transacted list.
Dont ask me, i just dont know why.

mantrix
07-10-09, 21:37

wow - 342K?? It's a LH 99? May i enquire the psf for this? Or you bought a studio apartment?

jwong71
07-10-09, 21:57
wow - 342K?? It's a LH 99? May i enquire the psf for this? Or you bought a studio apartment?

This is a 797Sqft studio with balcony. This is a old development,which the younger generation wont take a look at.
I bought in time where ppl darent buy in. Of coz i min my risks,bcoz of Mrt is underconstruction and the near to IR,harbourfront,Vivo,NUS.
Waiting it to rally.

For my 2nd unit, we viewed a unit vista park selling at val 400k,whereby my frzs offer the agent at 380k. Sold at 458k to someone else, 58k more from valuation.
My frzs are being unrealistic,she tot is rundown and old maybe noone want. Try luck.
Now she regret,she missed the boat liao lol. As she could buy at 400k valuation as we are the 1st buyers to turn up.
There's alway value in old or new condos.

Condorich
08-10-09, 09:24
General sweeping statments... for those who can appreciate it.

Almost anything anywhere can make money, including those overpriced condos... just at what price did you buy and sell... as long as buy low sell high, including HDBs.

No property is a better property than the other as long as it can give you decent returns. Older condo are cheaper (less capital required) to bet on and sometimes the rewards can be more rewarding in terms of percentage gain than brand new condos... location matters than anything else actually. All you need is someone to buy over from you at your price.

For the few projects around these area... they are not near MRT but they are a good place to stay... you cannot have the best of everything.

Condorich
08-10-09, 09:26

Caveat not lodged... could be cash rich buyers...

jwong71
08-10-09, 14:32
Caveat not lodged... could be cash rich buyers...

66 south buona vista road #01-01,vista park
s(118175)

crystech
21-10-09, 14:59
Hi all,New here and living in Northoaks,

Not too sure why there is a need for the arguement,anyway here are my feedback.

Pro.
1.Cosy envrionment most of the time
2.Quite and Peaceful except holidays or weekend afternoon where many family brought their kids to swim, BBQ etc. (Isn't his a sign of happy lifestyle?)
3.Carpark just outside your lift or Basement Carpark.
4.Nice big Pool, 3 X BBQ pit.
5.Affordable Price, good for upgrader who cannot afford Condo in Prime Area.
6.With Access Card security at Groundfloor for pass holder only.

Cons.

1. Walking Distance to MRT but still need to walk 10 mins or so.
2. Near Industry
3. No Top School around
4. Far from city.

OVerall Conclusion for me.
This is a Condo which is more suitable for Family oriented person(like me) and enjoy bring your kids around during weekend/Morning walk.
Not for people who want absolute convenient.
With the Price you pay for...I think it is still a good buy.

lancelot
21-10-09, 19:24
The arguments ended 2 weeks ago. It's now a peaceful, dormant thread, until you revived it. Thanks for sharing. Yup, in a nutshell, the pros and cons of living in Northoaks are what you described. One additional good point is that one of the side gates open to Gambas Avenue and there is a busstop beside the gate. Not many services though but at least there is an express service that can take you to Chong Pang, and onward to Changi airport in 40 mins flat. Not bad.

mantrix
17-03-10, 09:31
Prices for Northoaks going up too? Can anyone share?

Reporter
17-03-10, 09:52
Wow!
Northoaks has a nëw hïgh of $533 psf!

Northoaks
Address .................................. psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
30 Woodlands Crescent #12-10 .... $533 psf .... 1,238 sqft .... $660,000 .... 14 Jan 10

mantrix
17-03-10, 15:29
Wow!
Northoaks has a nëw hïgh of $533 psf!

Northoaks
Address .................................. psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
30 Woodlands Crescent #12-10 .... $533 psf .... 1,238 sqft .... $660,000 .... 14 Jan 10

as long as 3 BR not more than 700K nowadays still considered affordable...

Reporter
21-04-10, 10:27
as long as 3 BR not more than 700K nowadays still considered affordable...
This one is more than $700,000!
Is it still affordable?

Northoaks, the going-10-year-old EC in District 23 Woodlands has a nëw hïgh of $555 psf!
Will Chinese smokers like this number? :D

Northoaks
Address ...................................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
28 Woodlands Crescent 34 #07-19 .... $555 psf .... 1,292 sqft .... $717,000 .... 30 Mar 10

mantrix
30-04-10, 02:26
Heard recently a 14th unit was transacted at 595 psf??
At this rate before this EC hits 10 years it may cross the 600psf mark!

This one is more than $700,000!
Is it still affordable?

Northoaks, the going-10-year-old EC in District 23 Woodlands has a nëw hïgh of $555 psf!
Will Chinese smokers like this number? :D

Northoaks
Address ...................................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
28 Woodlands Crescent 34 #07-19 .... $555 psf .... 1,292 sqft .... $717,000 .... 30 Mar 10

Reporter
18-05-10, 12:49
Heard recently a 14th unit was transacted at 595 psf??
At this rate before this EC hits 10 years it may cross the 600psf mark!
Northoaks, the going-10-year-old EC in District 23 Woodlands has a nëw hïgh of $590 psf!
You overshoot by $5 psf!
Will it cross $600 psf when it turn 10 later this year? Let's find out.

Northoaks
30 Woodlands Crescent 34 #14-11 .... $590 psf .... 1,055 sqft .... $622,000 .... 28 Apr 10

mantrix
29-10-10, 07:52
Northoaks, the going-10-year-old EC in District 23 Woodlands has a nëw hïgh of $590 psf!
You overshoot by $5 psf!
Will it cross $600 psf when it turn 10 later this year? Let's find out.

Northoaks
30 Woodlands Crescent 34 #14-11 .... $590 psf .... 1,055 sqft .... $622,000 .... 28 Apr 10

Northoaks hit past 600psf...gone is the last era of affordable mass market condos...

28 Woodlands Crescent #09-20
99 Yrs From 16/12/1997
$617

$750k
06 Oct 10

mantrix
29-10-10, 07:53
Woodsvale past 600 psf as well...

11 Woodlands Drive 72 #03-29
99 Yrs From 22/09/1997
$601
$738k
28 Sep 10

Komo
29-10-10, 08:45
All benchmarking at least the current ec

solsys
09-11-10, 23:18
NorthOaks has hit S$617psf.

Still going strong with the privatization in place recently.

Bought my unit, 2nd floor not too long ago. Absolutely love my place, very windy with palm trees just outside my Master bedroom and garden just outside my Living Hall......

Feels like living in a landed property.......

Regreted not buying earlier when price was cheaper as i was looking at Sengkang area.

Btw, i read from the earlier posts with complains that car washing is puddles of water? Never see that as there are designated area for car washing now..... all i can say is that I shopped around for a place and visited many condos and NorthOaks really gives a resort feel, spacious units.

mantrix
09-11-10, 23:30
NorthOaks has hit S$617psf.

Still going strong with the privatization in place recently.

Bought my unit, 2nd floor not too long ago. Absolutely love my place, very windy with palm trees just outside my Master bedroom and garden just outside my Living Hall......

Feels like living in a landed property.......

Regreted not buying earlier when price was cheaper as i was looking at Sengkang area.

Btw, i read from the earlier posts with complains that car washing is puddles of water? Never see that as there are designated area for car washing now..... all i can say is that I shopped around for a place and visited many condos and NorthOaks really gives a resort feel, spacious units.

Haha are you the one who contributed to the 617psf figure? Agree Northoaks is a good buy, comapred to Woodsvale anyways

Heard from my relative they have just installed a sandwich machine, is that true?

Anyway I won't buy now since prices have gone up since I was looking at it last time (around 400+ psf nia) - else it's in my list of investment choices for sure

solsys
09-11-10, 23:40
Haha are you the one who contributed to the 617psf figure? Agree Northoaks is a good buy, comapred to Woodsvale anyways

Heard from my relative they have just installed a sandwich machine, is that true?

Anyway I won't buy now since prices have gone up since I was looking at it last time (around 400+ psf nia) - else it's in my list of investment choices for sure

Lol, I didn't contribute to $617psf but I got a good buy at the point of purchase, lowest among the units transacted for the that 3 months. (Apparently, it's the very same agent who transacted my unit and the record breaking $617psf, very good agent. I congratulated her, top producer for Dennis Wee)

I don't think it will go back to the 400+ psf levels unless market crashes big time again which I doubt so with the QE2 easing from US, i.e. printing of US dollars...

What we will see now is gap between new launch and resale closing..... i.e. new launch prices has started to dip and resale will go remain flat or up slightly.

Anyway, if it really does go down to 400+ levels (which i doubt so).... i will be buying one more unit here for investment, either to rent or flip.

And yes, there's a snack machine and a Gardenia bread dispensing machine. Just bought a loaf over the weekend.

wesing
10-11-10, 00:51
Woodsvale past 600 psf as well...

11 Woodlands Drive 72 #03-29
99 Yrs From 22/09/1997
$601
$738k
28 Sep 10

Hope the pricing will maintain in the next 2-3 years. Goto sell my unit at Woodsvale when my new condo TOP in 2013:ashamed1: :ashamed1:

Anyway, heard that Far East put up the highest bid for the plot beside Woodgrove. The new launch there by FEO will probably bring up the prices in Woodlands I hope:D :D

mantrix
10-11-10, 15:24
Hope the pricing will maintain in the next 2-3 years. Goto sell my unit at Woodsvale when my new condo TOP in 2013:ashamed1: :ashamed1:

Anyway, heard that Far East put up the highest bid for the plot beside Woodgrove. The new launch there by FEO will probably bring up the prices in Woodlands I hope:D :D

That's what FEO is good for anyway - create joy (those those who own condos in vicinity of its upcoming projects) and despair (for buyers hoping to get a good deal in that location)

May you get a good price for your unit - is your new condo also in the north? Cheers

kingkong1984
11-11-10, 10:24
22 Woodlands Crescent #13-34
99 Yrs From 16/12/1997
$287
$355k
02 Aug 10

22 Woodlands Crescent #14-34
99 Yrs From 16/12/1997
$557
$690k
04 Oct 10

mantrix
11-11-10, 11:29
22 Woodlands Crescent #13-34
99 Yrs From 16/12/1997
$287
$355k
02 Aug 10

22 Woodlands Crescent #14-34
99 Yrs From 16/12/1997
$557
$690k
04 Oct 10

Even if they filed the caveat late it's still too low...could be sell to a family member (and they get the rest in cash)?

kingkong1984
11-11-10, 11:48
Even if they filed the caveat late it's still too low...could be sell to a family member (and they get the rest in cash)?

sell to son maybe.

unlikely to sell to others.

must ask resident agent is it his buy.

wesing
12-11-10, 08:18
That's what FEO is good for anyway - create joy (those those who own condos in vicinity of its upcoming projects) and despair (for buyers hoping to get a good deal in that location)

May you get a good price for your unit - is your new condo also in the north? Cheers

Got a 2-bedder at Cube 8 for self stay. Current house too big for just the two of us as we have no kids.

solsys
12-11-10, 10:29
Got a 2-bedder at Cube 8 for self stay. Current house too big for just the two of us as we have no kids.

Hehe. Everyone is different. My parents like small units just nice for 2 of them. Though I'm one person but i like 3 Bedders.... more room to roam around.... one for study and the other for whatever I like....

Plus, capital appreciation is more when we multiple PSF by SqFt.

Research shows big space gives more room for creativity, not reno or decor but mind creativity.....

Naruto
06-03-12, 20:36
Hello, any update on Northoaks pricing? Thank you...

solsys
08-03-12, 21:57
Hello, any update on Northoaks pricing? Thank you...

Looking for 3+1 bedder? It's about $796k to $860k.

Spacious and comfortable.

solsys
09-03-12, 19:37
2 units of 3+1 bedder transacted at $843k and $830k, saw from agents mailers.:tongue2:

Who says resales ain't moving? But of course only in the north where the wind blows and ship sails.:p

dtrax
09-03-12, 20:51
2 units of 3+1 bedder transacted at $843k and $830k, saw from agents mailers.:tongue2:

Who says resales ain't moving? But of course only in the north where the wind blows and ship sails.:p

NORTHOAKS 20 Woodlands Crescent #02-43 1 120 Strata 822,000 6850 636 16-FEB-2012 Executive Condominium 99 Yrs From 16/12/1997 2000 Resale HDB 25 73 738081 North Region Woodlands

NORTHOAKS 32 Woodlands Crescent #11-08 1 116 Strata 837,000 7216 670 22-DEC-2011 Executive Condominium 99 Yrs From 16/12/1997 2000 Resale HDB 25 73 738087 North Region Woodlands

NORTHOAKS 20 Woodlands Crescent #08-47 1 115 Strata 840,000 7304 679 06-DEC-2011 Executive Condominium 99 Yrs From 16/12/1997 2000 Resale HDB 25 73 738081 North Region Woodlands

Naruto
11-03-12, 11:22
Looking for 3+1 bedder? It's about $796k to $860k.

Spacious and comfortable.

Yes, agreed Spacious and comfortable.. Price wise, ok lah..within
my range.. Only waiting for a unit meanst for me..kekekek

Viewed to view block, 22, 28 and 30.. prefer 22 and pool facing..
Heard the sinking funds quite stronge..bro, you still staying there?
Any advice what to look out for?

Thank you.

Naruto
11-03-12, 11:29

Mmmm, you may want to check URA website...from dec till now,
only 3 transation..before that...at least 5-8 per month..

Agent? House sale up good for them...sale down?
Which agent will tell us home sale is down? It is always good time
to sell/buy house to them. Cant blame them, it is their rice bowl..

No offend bro, it is just my own view.

solsys
11-03-12, 23:57
Mmmm, you may want to check URA website...from dec till now,
only 3 transation..before that...at least 5-8 per month..

Agent? House sale up good for them...sale down?
Which agent will tell us home sale is down? It is always good time
to sell/buy house to them. Cant blame them, it is their rice bowl..

No offend bro, it is just my own view.

The agents will post once they sold the unit. You wait and see the Mar transactions in Apr. There should be something, one of the unit was sold by my agent who transacted mine the last time. She was once the top performer in Dennis Wee group.

Very hard to find spacious 3+1 bedders under a million, except for this area, other resale PC is dead but here is still alive.

solsys
12-03-12, 00:09
Yes, agreed Spacious and comfortable.. Price wise, ok lah..within
my range.. Only waiting for a unit meanst for me..kekekek

Viewed to view block, 22, 28 and 30.. prefer 22 and pool facing..
Heard the sinking funds quite stronge..bro, you still staying there?
Any advice what to look out for?

Thank you.

22 and pool facing won't get west sun I think.

Avoid the pool facing units with BBQ pits right infront especially if you are low floors.

However, low floors quiet facing are quite nice with greenery landscaping.

You might want to negotiate hard now before the $843k or $679psf sale gets published in URA.

NorthOaks is resilient because there aren't any old condos in the area with huge size at low psf with super size pool and good landscaping.

Northoaks has no competition unless buyer got alot of cash to burn at new launches.

Naruto
12-03-12, 12:43
The agents will post once they sold the unit. You wait and see the Mar transactions in Apr. There should be something, one of the unit was sold by my agent who transacted mine the last time. She was once the top performer in Dennis Wee group.

Very hard to find spacious 3+1 bedders under a million, except for this area, other resale PC is dead but here is still alive.

Noted.. thankyou.. Her name start with "Joxxx"? if we are talking about the same person.. 1.5 years ago, brought us with a big group to view
two or three units..but all were not very good condition.. anyway,
didnt buy then was because wife doesnt want to sell our present house
at that time after checking the price.

Yea, agreed.. 3 rooms + 1 maid + store rooms..but 3 bathroom, think too many liao..

Naruto
12-03-12, 13:00
22 and pool facing won't get west sun I think.

Avoid the pool facing units with BBQ pits right infront especially if you are low floors.

However, low floors quiet facing are quite nice with greenery landscaping.

You might want to negotiate hard now before the $843k or $679psf sale gets published in URA.

NorthOaks is resilient because there aren't any old condos in the area with huge size at low psf with super size pool and good landscaping.

Northoaks has no competition unless buyer got alot of cash to burn at new launches.

yea lor, view one unit on 9 floor and above..can see pool, clubhouse and BBQ pitch.. like that unit..but cant commit yet..

Dont want to rush to commit a house yet...market doesnt seem good..
i may be wrong..

Thank you bro..

solsys
13-03-12, 17:06
Noted.. thankyou.. Her name start with "Joxxx"? if we are talking about the same person.. 1.5 years ago, brought us with a big group to view
two or three units..but all were not very good condition.. anyway,
didnt buy then was because wife doesnt want to sell our present house
at that time after checking the price.

Yea, agreed.. 3 rooms + 1 maid + store rooms..but 3 bathroom, think too many liao..

Yes, that's her.

Naruto
16-03-12, 11:36
Yes, that's her.

Havent contact her since then...Btw, do you know when open net is scheduled to install there?

Thanks..

solsys
17-03-12, 00:42
Havent contact her since then...Btw, do you know when open net is scheduled to install there?

Thanks..

Opennet scheduled for Jul - Sep 2012 for NorthOaks and Woodsvale.

Naruto
17-03-12, 10:25
Opennet scheduled for Jul - Sep 2012 for NorthOaks and Woodsvale.

Bro, thanks alot for your advice and information.. Busy viewing house again this weekend.:D

Thank you.

solsys
17-03-12, 13:19
Bro, thanks alot for your advice and information.. Busy viewing house again this weekend.:D

Thank you.

No problem. :) Happy hunting.

Under a million is worth a million in due time.

solsys
17-03-12, 14:23
Hawker Centre in Admiralty...... :D

:cheers4:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/hawker-centres-planned-7-towns-over-next-5-064024410.html

solsys
14-04-12, 23:23
2 bedder psf exceeded $700 last year.

3 bedder psf new record at $681psf.

3 bedder $700psf coming soon for this undiscovered gem in the north.

Floor is now set at $670psf.

$800-850psf when NSE is up.

regency321
15-04-12, 11:39
2 bedder psf exceeded $700 last year.

3 bedder psf new record at $681psf.

3 bedder $700psf coming soon for this undiscovered gem in the north.

Floor is now set at $670psf.

$800-850psf when NSE is up.

Really? 800-850psf when NSE is up? Are you referring to the NSE facing units that will have the viaduct directly at their doorstep at the 5-8 floors? owners can jump on to the viaduct directly to go heaven. :banana:

solsys
15-04-12, 19:17
Really? 800-850psf when NSE is up? Are you referring to the NSE facing units that will have the viaduct directly at their doorstep at the 5-8 floors? owners can jump on to the viaduct directly to go heaven. :banana:

U are a big dumb ass to ask a redundant question.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring u down to their level and beat u with his experience.

U are 'right'. :p

regency321
16-04-12, 08:42
U are a big dumb ass to ask a redundant question.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring u down to their level and beat u with his experience.

U are 'right'. :p

Hey bas.turd, you stay there of course you will say the price will increase to 800/850 psf la. When? Maybe in the next 30 years it will. But now the market has already peaked. You ask people to go in now, isn't it evil or what.
:tsk-tsk:

Oh, you bought not too long ago huh? at high price... good for you i.di.ot.
(since you like name calling)

solsys
16-04-12, 19:21
Hey bas.turd, you stay there of course you will say the price will increase to 800/850 psf la. When? Maybe in the next 30 years it will. But now the market has already peaked. You ask people to go in now, isn't it evil or what.
:tsk-tsk:

Oh, you bought not too long ago huh? at high price... good for you i.di.ot.
(since you like name calling)

U are right. I really don't want to argue with you. U sound like an expert. Tell us what you think. Share with us what you think. :p

rattydrama
17-04-12, 20:56
U are right. I really don't want to argue with you. U sound like an expert. Tell us what you think. Share with us what you think. :p

its quite safe to buy at 6xxpsf cos else where you cannot get at this price. down side is limited.

mantrix
17-04-12, 21:24
if it can hit 800-850 psf it just means the market is bullish and other properties will go up higher too so all HUAT :D

solsys
17-04-12, 22:07
So nice to have the sensible brothers back....;)

I can't imagine telling my neighbours to jump onto highway and commit suicide like that other forummer did.

wesing
18-04-12, 10:44
So nice to have the sensible brothers back....;)

I can't imagine telling my neighbours to jump onto highway and commit suicide like that other forummer did.

I am staying at Woodsvale. When my neighbor found out that I have bought a unit at Cube 8 for self-stay, they immediately approached me whether I want to sell my unit at Woodsvale because they got relatives who wanted to buy a unit there.

According to URA websites, 136 units at Woodsvale (not so sure about Northoaks) had changed hands in the last 12 months. The latest one in April was transacted at $646 psf.

With supply dwindling (due to SSD and also the fact that many units already changed hands in the last 2 years), even with demand remaining constant or falling a bit, prices will remain firm or even increase further.

For me, I think I will rent out my 1292 sq ft 3-bedder unit instead of selling it coz I may not have the chance to own such a decent size unit again.

solsys
18-04-12, 20:13
I am staying at Woodsvale. When my neighbor found out that I have bought a unit at Cube 8 for self-stay, they immediately approached me whether I want to sell my unit at Woodsvale because they got relatives who wanted to buy a unit there.

According to URA websites, 136 units at Woodsvale (not so sure about Northoaks) had changed hands in the last 12 months. The latest one in April was transacted at $646 psf.

With supply dwindling (due to SSD and also the fact that many units already changed hands in the last 2 years), even with demand remaining constant or falling a bit, prices will remain firm or even increase further.

For me, I think I will rent out my 1292 sq ft 3-bedder unit instead of selling it coz I may not have the chance to own such a decent size unit again.

You are absolutely right. That forummer who shot NorthOaks down is looking to buy a low-end condo under a million and NorthOaks falls well into this category. He's living in Jurong West with a paid up HDB..... Check out his other posts. I guess he wants to buy it cheap and not happy that I'm stating the fact that Woodsvale, NorthOaks are attractive buys.

I mean there is nothing wrong in buying it cheap but telling the residents to jump into expressway so that you can buy cheap is utter nonsense.

The fact that he wandered into this thread means he's looking at a unit around here.

Have been telling other forummers like bro Naruto that this is low risk buy in such a uncertain climate. At least Bro Naruto is friendly to ask for details unlike this guy.

wesing
19-04-12, 10:07
You are absolutely right. That forummer who shot NorthOaks down is looking to buy a low-end condo under a million and NorthOaks falls well into this category. He's living in Jurong West with a paid up HDB..... Check out his other posts. I guess he wants to buy it cheap and not happy that I'm stating the fact that Woodsvale, NorthOaks are attractive buys.

I mean there is nothing wrong in buying it cheap but telling the residents to jump into expressway so that you can buy cheap is utter nonsense.

The fact that he wandered into this thread means he's looking at a unit around here.

Have been telling other forummers like bro Naruto that this is low risk buy in such a uncertain climate. At least Bro Naruto is friendly to ask for details unlike this guy.

Frankly speaking, I was pleasantly surprised by the demand and price increase for Woodsvale and Northoaks. If you looked at the caveats lodged in URA website, quite a high number of units were transacted just before the announcement of the NSE. Probably some insider buying for folks affiliated to LTA:D

Do not know the profile of these recent buyers: for own-stay or investment. Many of them should be investors as I have seen tenants of different nationalities in the estate. They are predominantly Filipinos (the bbq pits are always occupied by them), PRCs and Indians. I have also encountered Koreans, eastern Europeans and also other caucasians of which the nationalities I could not determine.

By the way, I never know there are two-bedders in Northoaks:beats-me-man:

zzz1
19-04-12, 13:01
if it can hit 800-850 psf it just means the market is bullish and other properties will go up higher too so all HUAT :D

ya..then come the CM which use a bull cleaver to slaughter a chicken...overkilled.

now wish to see is a zhai zhai steady steady price appreciation will do...don need rocket shot...:D :D

solsys
19-04-12, 23:09
Frankly speaking, I was pleasantly surprised by the demand and price increase for Woodsvale and Northoaks. If you looked at the caveats lodged in URA website, quite a high number of units were transacted just before the announcement of the NSE. Probably some insider buying for folks affiliated to LTA:D

Do not know the profile of these recent buyers: for own-stay or investment. Many of them should be investors as I have seen tenants of different nationalities in the estate. They are predominantly Filipinos (the bbq pits are always occupied by them), PRCs and Indians. I have also encountered Koreans, eastern Europeans and also other caucasians of which the nationalities I could not determine.

By the way, I never know there are two-bedders in Northoaks:beats-me-man:

There are, but hardly see them transcact. About 1066sqft I think.

Naruto
20-04-12, 15:27
Bros, dont have to shoot one another for nothing leh..
Dont argue lah.. just a discussion.

Sellers have sellers' say, buyers have buyers' say and etc..

Greed good and it is a human nature. but over do, result regrets
and ownself down fall..

Naruto
20-04-12, 16:26
There are, but hardly see them transcact. About 1066sqft I think.

There is one now at propertyguru.. asking for 800K..
Viewed one, on high floor about one year back..
got balcony somemore.. but balcony very small in
the guess room..

If viewers (family) view the 3+1 and 2+1, i guess most will
prefer paying alittle bit higher for the 3+1 instead.

Btw, recently viewed one ground floor unit..newly renovated..
think is blk 32..agent say renovated 4 months ago with 40K..
wife quite tempted.. ask agent for advice for groundfloor..
Answer.." if you ask me for my preferred..wouldnt buy groundfloor"
her reason.. be prepare for pets control..!! Rats....:doh:

As for why agent brought us there to view.. Cause wifey wanted
to view..:tongue3:

Please no offend to ground floor units owners. i also love the
space and patio for these units..

Naruto
20-04-12, 16:33
NORTHOAKS 20 Woodlands Crescent #02-43 1 120 Strata 822,000 6850 636 16-FEB-2012 Executive Condominium 99 Yrs From 16/12/1997 2000 Resale HDB 25 73 738081 North Region Woodlands

NORTHOAKS 32 Woodlands Crescent #11-08 1 116 Strata 837,000 7216 670 22-DEC-2011 Executive Condominium 99 Yrs From 16/12/1997 2000 Resale HDB 25 73 738087 North Region Woodlands

NORTHOAKS 20 Woodlands Crescent #08-47 1 115 Strata 840,000 7304 679 06-DEC-2011 Executive Condominium 99 Yrs From 16/12/1997 2000 Resale HDB 25 73 738081 North Region Woodlands

Hi dtrax, do you mind letting me know where can i find these details?

Thank you

rattydrama
20-04-12, 23:48
Hi dtrax, do you mind letting me know where can i find these details?

Thank you

You will have to pay for it but he is kind enough to share. URA only shows the price but not the unit number.

solsys
21-04-12, 08:25
There is one now at propertyguru.. asking for 800K..
Viewed one, on high floor about one year back..
got balcony somemore.. but balcony very small in
the guess room..

If viewers (family) view the 3+1 and 2+1, i guess most will
prefer paying alittle bit higher for the 3+1 instead.

Btw, recently viewed one ground floor unit..newly renovated..
think is blk 32..agent say renovated 4 months ago with 40K..
wife quite tempted.. ask agent for advice for groundfloor..
Answer.." if you ask me for my preferred..wouldnt buy groundfloor"
her reason.. be prepare for pets control..!! Rats....:doh:

As for why agent brought us there to view.. Cause wifey wanted
to view..:tongue3:

Please no offend to ground floor units owners. i also love the
space and patio for these units..

Just spoke to a colleague who used to own a ground floor unit, quite alot of cleaning to do.

rattydrama
21-04-12, 12:37
the only thing I dont like about this project is its tenant mix and the internal layout. But who cares since it is one of the few cheapest project now which is still walkable to MRT and big plot size, alsoplenty of parking space and greens.

It was around 700k when I viewed some units and now avg 850k...

overall it is still value for money.

I would prefer woodsvale.

wesing
27-04-12, 14:02
Looking at the latest caveats lodged for both Northoaks and Woodsvale at the URA website at at 27 April, it appears that buying interests are back for these two condos after digesting the last CM.

Northoaks / Woodsvale
Dec - 4 / 4
Jan - 1 / 0
Feb - 3 / 1
Mar - 7 / 5
Apr - 2 / 3

Transacted psf looks rather stable also.

solsys
27-04-12, 22:47
Looking at the latest caveats lodged for both Northoaks and Woodsvale at the URA website at at 27 April, it appears that buying interests are back for these two condos after digesting the last CM.

Northoaks / Woodsvale
Dec - 4 / 4
Jan - 1 / 0
Feb - 3 / 1
Mar - 7 / 5
Apr - 2 / 3

Transacted psf looks rather stable also.

Low quantum, low risk, good reward, good yield.

solsys
02-05-12, 18:43
Just received mailer....

3+1 sold at S$960k. :scared-5:

Naruto
03-05-12, 13:00
Just received mailer....

3+1 sold at S$960k. :scared-5:

This one also 3+1 leh
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3224396/for-sale-northoaks

solsys
03-05-12, 21:57
This one also 3+1 leh
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3224396/for-sale-northoaks

If it is groundfloor then it appears that groundfloor with PES psf is equal or even better than the usual units.

crystech
16-05-12, 16:44
Is this a mistake or ????
NORTHOAKS WOODLANDS CRESCENTExecutive Condominium1980,0001,216Strata806Apr-12

NORTHOAKS WOODLANDS CRESCENT Executive Condominium 1 980,000 1,216 Strata 806 Apr-12

?????? Shocking to me......

solsys
16-05-12, 17:11
Is this a mistake or ????that's sweet

NORTHOAKS WOODLANDS CRESCENT Executive Condominium 1 980,000 1,216 Strata 806 Apr-12

YES! That's sweet.
:D

jwong71
16-05-12, 17:15
Is this a mistake or ????

u can check the propertyguru.. 1238sqft asking 800k and above.

980k..?? hmm.. what about bank valuation, can support?

solsys
16-05-12, 17:32
u can check the propertyguru.. 1238sqft asking 800k and above.

980k..?? hmm.. what about bank valuation, can support?

3+1 units vary in size. There were a few larger 3+1 transcated above $900k.

With average of 3 transactions above $900k, this means banks value at much higher now.

The new ball game is the north. :D

solsys
30-06-12, 20:42
29 units transcacted in the Mar Apr May Jun 2012.:scared-5:

solsys
07-07-12, 12:09
Just received mailer, ready buyers with minimum budget of $850k (up from previous $800k)

crystech
28-07-12, 00:46
Just received mailer, ready buyers with minimum budget of $850k (up from previous $800k)

Bro, you live there ar?
Which blk? I live in Blk 28 before , just moved out only. =)

solsys
28-07-12, 21:48
Bro, you live there ar?
Which blk? I live in Blk 28 before , just moved out only. =)

Yes, I'm staying in Northoaks....

Still want my privacy so don't wanna mention my block no. :)

zzz1
30-07-12, 10:51
Yes, I'm staying in Northoaks....

Still want my privacy so don't wanna mention my block no. :)

wonder how the rental rate there? for a 3 bedder ? A friend of mine rented a room for 900 bux already.

solsys
30-07-12, 20:49
$2.9k -3.3k per mth

zzz1
30-07-12, 20:58
$2.9k -3.3k per mth
10s.......

solsys
30-07-12, 21:08
10s.......

Got $3.5k per mth too :D

wesing
02-08-12, 13:35
29 units transcacted in the Mar Apr May Jun 2012.:scared-5:

In the case of Woodsvale, only 22 units transacted between March - Jun 2012. There were 2 units transacted in July so far.

Just want to ask here that if I intend to rent out my 3-bedder Woodsvale unit with furniture (fridge, washing machine, 2&3-seater sofa, coffee table, tv consol with tv, dinner table, queen-size bed with side-table in master bedroom, single bed in guestroom), how much more can I ask for?

solsys
02-08-12, 21:42
In the case of Woodsvale, only 22 units transacted between March - Jun 2012. There were 2 units transacted in July so far.

Just want to ask here that if I intend to rent out my 3-bedder Woodsvale unit with furniture (fridge, washing machine, 2&3-seater sofa, coffee table, tv consol with tv, dinner table, queen-size bed with side-table in master bedroom, single bed in guestroom), how much more can I ask for?

Fully-furnished $3.2k-3.5k per mth?

wesing
15-08-12, 10:37
Total 7 units at Woodsvale transacted in the month of July 2012 with a new record of $685 psf set for a 1227 sqf unit. Average psf from the 7 units is $646:cheers1:

I will leave it to Solsys to update on Northoaks' figures:D

solsys
18-08-12, 13:37
Total 7 units at Woodsvale transacted in the month of July 2012 with a new record of $685 psf set for a 1227 sqf unit. Average psf from the 7 units is $646:cheers1:

I will leave it to Solsys to update on Northoaks' figures:D

7 units sold for Northoaks in Jul 2012.

Highest psf logged was $802psf for 1216sqft unit or $980k in Apr 2012. :scared-5:

Average PSF is hovering around $630psf to $690psf for the usual 3 bedder. :D

wesing
21-08-12, 09:30
Highest psf logged was $802psf for 1216sqft unit or $980k in Apr 2012. :scared-5:

This unit must have very good feng sui, view or whatever for the buyer to pay over $100 psf more than the average selling price:confused:

Would love to know why it is so special:D

solsys
22-08-12, 20:27
Just received mailers from agents, looks like more 3+1 units are transacting at $9xxk...... :p

solsys
02-09-12, 22:54
Just received mailers from agents, looks like more 3+1 units are transacting at $9xxk...... :p

$980k for a 3+1 ground floor unit transcated based on agent mailer.

$1 million barrier to be broken soon?

wesing
04-09-12, 09:10
Steady poon pi pi:D:cheers5: :cheers4:

Naruto
04-09-12, 17:33
$980k for a 3+1 ground floor unit transcated based on agent mailer.

$1 million barrier to be broken soon?

Bro, I see there are 1600sqft and 1430sqft..
if with 980K,
1600sqft = abt 612.5 PSF
1430sqft = 685 PSF

Do you think it is worth to buy? :)

solsys
04-09-12, 23:58
if with 980K,
1600sqft = abt 612.5 PSF
1430sqft = 685 PSF

Ground floor units psf usually lower than the rest because of the patio/PES area.

Although ground floor unit with patio/PES is not everyone's cup of tea but there are some people who like and pay $$$ for it at the psf price of a unit without PES.

And that will be jackpot to the seller...... Worthy or not to invest depends whether you can find a "good" buyer for it eventually when u sell it.:cheers6:

crystech
07-09-12, 22:44
if with 980K,
1600sqft = abt 612.5 PSF
1430sqft = 685 PSF

Was previously from Northoaks.

The project is very nice! Worth buying for own stay or investment.
The pool shiok..I missed the Carpark man....so convenience.:cheers2:

solsys
11-09-12, 16:33
Was previously from Northoaks.

The project is very nice! Worth buying for own stay or investment.
The pool shiok..I missed the Carpark man....so convenience.:cheers2:
Yes, super-sized pool. :cheers5:

Carpark is directly beneath every condo unit, no need to walk to MSCP or any other surface carpark.

This also explains why I bought a unit at 8CY with the carpark directly beneath me, hehehehe..... no need to walk..... ;)

Very nice to hear good comments from someone with no vested interest. :p

Komo
11-09-12, 21:48
Yes, super-sized pool. :cheers5:

Carpark is directly beneath every condo unit, no need to walk to MSCP or any other surface carpark.

This also explains why I bought a unit at 8CY with the carpark directly beneath me, hehehehe..... no need to walk..... ;)

Very nice to hear good comments from someone with no vested interest. :p
doesn't 8CY only have multi storey carpark?

solsys
12-09-12, 01:17
doesn't 8CY only have multi storey carpark?

basement carpark at certain blocks and multistorey carpark is below 2 blocks as well.

Komo
12-09-12, 15:09
basement carpark at certain blocks and multistorey carpark is below 2 blocks as well.
the agent didn't tell me about blocks with basement carpark #%@#$:simmering:
in any case if cannot park near lift lobby and go straight up to your unit then no diff between basement or multistorey:D

solsys
12-09-12, 22:54
1 million hdb means 1 million northoaks 3+1 is around the corner.

Naruto
13-09-12, 13:57
1 million hdb means 1 million northoaks 3+1 is around the corner.

Hi solsys, what is your view on the north-south expressway that
will affect Northoaks? I like this project.. dont misunderstand.
just want to know more before i zero in.

Tks.

solsys
13-09-12, 21:43
Hi solsys, what is your view on the north-south expressway that
will affect Northoaks? I like this project.. dont misunderstand.
just want to know more before i zero in.

Tks.

If you are worried about the construction of NSE with noise and dust, you can pick the blocks away from Gambas Avenue.

Anything midpoint of Northoaks towards Woodsvale should be minimally affected.

If you are worried about driving on the road due to road diversion.... the usual route from Northoaks to city, eastern or western part of Singapore has always been via Woodlands Ave 7 then Ave 6 then Ave 12 up to SLE....

We won't pass the NSE building area unless you are travelling through Gambas, then Sembawang Rd and southwards via city.

NSE construction would only commence in Year 2013 i think and completed by 2018, followed by Thomson Line........

All in all, not much of an issue..... :p

Naruto
14-09-12, 18:43
If you are worried about the construction of NSE with noise and dust, you can pick the blocks away from Gambas Avenue.

Anything midpoint of Northoaks towards Woodsvale should be minimally affected.

If you are worried about driving on the road due to road diversion.... the usual route from Northoaks to city, eastern or western part of Singapore has always been via Woodlands Ave 7 then Ave 6 then Ave 12 up to SLE....

We won't pass the NSE building area unless you are travelling through Gambas, then Sembawang Rd and southwards via city.

NSE construction would only commence in Year 2013 i think and completed by 2018, followed by Thomson Line........

All in all, not much of an issue..... :p

Thank you for your advice..very much appreicated.
Ground floor unit there, can consider?
You moving out or you got 8CY as your second property?

solsys
15-09-12, 01:02
Thank you for your advice..very much appreicated.
Ground floor unit there, can consider?
You moving out or you got 8CY as your second property?

Still keeping my options open.

solsys
15-10-12, 01:11
Propertyguru sellers asking for $900k and above for the usual 3+1 units....

I'm expecting a rise to $750psf in the next 6 mths by Mar, Apr 2013 from the higher end of $6xxpsf now.

wesing
19-10-12, 14:30
Propertyguru sellers asking for $900k and above for the usual 3+1 units....

I'm expecting a rise to $750psf in the next 6 mths by Mar, Apr 2013 from the higher end of $6xxpsf now.

That would be around 7-8% increase in psf in 6 months. Got so kiah lan boh? So good to f..., no need to "chuah boar liao" (hokkein) :D But I certainly would not mind if it does happens:cheers1:

solsys
20-10-12, 21:45
That would be around 7-8% increase in psf in 6 months. Got so kiah lan boh? So good to f..., no need to "chuah boar liao" (hokkein) :D But I certainly would not mind if it does happens:cheers1:

S$750psf will the the record high, but average should easily be in the early $7xxpsf range for next 6 mths.

If the newspaper which says Woodlands will increase by 30% with the regional hub and MRT hub, that means..... S$822psf x 1238sf = S$1million ++.....

which is highly plausible in the years ahead to Yr 2018.

wesing
05-11-12, 15:07
A 1227 sq ft unit at Woodsvale transacted at $716 psf in October!

This is higher than Northoaks' record of $715 psf for a 1216 sq ft unit in August:D :cheers1: :cheers4: :cheers5:

wesing
05-11-12, 15:08
A 1227 sq ft unit at Woodsvale transacted at $716 psf in October!

This is higher than Northoaks' record of $715 psf for a 1216 sq ft unit in August:D :cheers1: :cheers4: :cheers5:
Oops. $715 psf not Northoaks' record. The highest attained was $806 psf for a 1216 sq ft unit in April:doh:

solsys
05-11-12, 22:13
What I understand from resident agent mailer is a 1248sqft unit transacted at $728psf.

If you look at propertyguru, asking is above $700psf already.

$750psf being the norm will come sooner than expected.

solsys
08-12-12, 09:31
One unit transacted at $958,000 for 1292sqft unit, i.e. $741psf

Looking at $800psf 3-6 mths down the road.

By 2014, should be at least S$850psf.

propertyhans
09-12-12, 07:58
This place is lively and surprisingly well maintained. Also have many facilities. Visited a friends BBQ party over the weekend and I heard it is due for painting next year.... Despite price rise...at $7xx psf its still the most affordable and decent sized 3 bedder in whole of sg right now. Easily worth $800psf.

Only problem is the impending road noise from highway being built...heard its just beside condo. Units not facing that should be fine though.

cau2danang
28-06-13, 16:39
I'm going to view 2 units in Northoaks this weekend. How is this condo recently ? Anyone have any comments? Thanks a lot :)

solsys
29-06-13, 17:42
I'm going to view 2 units in Northoaks this weekend. How is this condo recently ? Anyone have any comments? Thanks a lot :)

New condo management appointed two weeks ago.

Resident Committee Chairman is an uncle who loves the estate and keeps improving it.

Units are spacious, pick those with rectangulish layouts.

solsys
09-08-13, 17:52
Woodlands Vertical Kampung next to Admiralty MRT. (http:// http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/woodlands-%e2%80%98vertical-kampung%e2%80%99-add-buzz-mp)

Hawker centre, CC, medical centre, studio apts with 300 basement car lots.

cau2danang
12-08-13, 16:22
Thanks for your reply solsys. Have been busy recently so didn't have chance to check this forum. I visited the place twice. Very nice place with huge pools. Still thinking to get my unit there.

Water777
29-08-13, 16:44
Will price still same in 2014 & 2015 ? probably down 20%

solsys
29-08-13, 17:23
Did you read the recent news on the HDB ruling that prevents new PRs from buying resale HDB for 1st 3 years?

Who is going to benefit?

Northoaks condo is exactly in the sweet spot for PR shopping, both in terms of quantum and government measures.

P.S: take my hats off government..... now pushing down HDB pricing but giving alot of support to the entry level mass market condos to ensure no crash. Damn smart in calibrating.

GIG
31-08-13, 23:05
So many new EC and PC in Woodlands, who wants to buy Northoaks?
Expect price to drop in 2014 & 2015.

solsys
01-09-13, 15:17

Yah yah, drop drop. Crash and burn. Government stepped in, and prices are holding in this segment. Go scream in the CCR threads instead of here.

cau2danang
02-09-13, 10:24

LOL keep expecting dude. U are doing great job man haha I just got a unit in Northoaks. I really like the place. It is much better than Woodsvale, Yishun Emerald, Lilydale, etc. in my opinion.

Water777
02-09-13, 11:04
LOL keep expecting dude. U are doing great job man haha I just got a unit in Northoaks. I really like the place. It is much better than Woodsvale, Yishun Emerald, Lilydale, etc. in my opinion.

Just see in 2 years time if you will regret yr decision to buy now but if you are just staying for more than 5-6 years then should be ok.

cau2danang
02-09-13, 12:54
Just see in 2 years time if you will regret yr decision to buy now but if you are just staying for more than 5-6 years then should be ok.

I buy to stay so i don't mind about the price of my house in the next 2-3 years as I'm not going to sell it within 1st 5 years anyway. Everyone has their own point of view. From my point of view, EC/PC price will stay or even rise in the near future.

fiat500
02-09-13, 13:07
What's the walking distance to the mrt?
Woodsvale ec should b much nearer right?

cau2danang
02-09-13, 13:22
Not much different. The side gate of these 2 condos is just next to each other. Around 7-10 mins walk to the MRT. Not that far for me.

wesing
16-09-13, 14:22
Not much different. The side gate of these 2 condos is just next to each other. Around 7-10 mins walk to the MRT. Not that far for me.

Congrats on your purchase.

I stay in Woodsvale and I must agree with you that Northoaks is better from own stay as workmanship/facilities is more superior.

But if for rental, Woodsvale may be a slightly better option.

By the way, Woodsvale's main entrance is nearer to the MRT by around 200m when compared with Northoaks' side gate. Don't think any resident from Woodsvale will walk to MRT via the side gate unless they are taking the bus.

Naruto
29-10-13, 12:54

Hi cau2danang, congrats!! when you moving in?
We moved in this Jan. All in all, family like and enjoying
the place.

cau2danang
05-11-13, 11:57
Hi cau2danang, congrats!! when you moving in?
We moved in this Jan. All in all, family like and enjoying
the place.

Hi Naruto. Congrats for the new house. We're going to move in this December. :)

propertyhans
20-01-14, 12:55
Any idea what they are building beside northoaks and woodsvale right now? More HDB?

solsys
24-01-14, 16:44
Just recevied mailer, 2+1 record high at S$791psf - 1055sqft at S$835k.

Sandiwara
24-01-14, 18:46
They are building BTO. The name is Posture I and Posture II. It's in the internet news already.

solsys
25-01-14, 07:19
They are building BTO. The name is Posture I and Posture II. It's in the internet news already.

Ramping up the housing due to the need to provide manpower to the upcoming Northern Corridor development, which government announced last year.

DuaNehNehChioBu
26-01-14, 23:02
This Northoaks locations definitely SUCKS.

1) Very CROWDED together with Woodsvale and upcoming new BTOS
2) No nearby MRT
3) Very near Factory / Warehouse....

Lousy location !:rolleyes:

solsys
29-01-14, 15:50

2) No nearby MRT

There is a now a feeder bus along Crescent on top of the many buses along the main road. Crowded? Errrm.... Some people are loners while other like to live in a community.

Errrmmm...... I walk to the MRT at times when I don't drive.

I buy my Soon Lee Heng satays at cheap prices and seafood from Fassler in the nearby food factories where many Singaporeans come in truckloads to buy.

There are alot of working opportunities coming up with Gambas Avenue and Woodlands Avenue 12 being developed into Office/Light Industrial buildings. :pFar East is vested..... This is earlier than the development of the Northern Corridor project.

Sucks? I don't know but I know my unit is very liquid due to affordability with big size units and a hardworking RC always looking to improve.

First vertical kampong is also coming up at Admiralty MRT.

Maybe you can share what is good in your opinion.

solsys
16-02-14, 00:23
Additional two good things happening on top of whatever was mentioned,

1) Woodlands Integrated Health Care Development, i.e. Hospital and more near NorthOaks. :D:D

2) Nearby Woodlands Pasture II (BTO) will have 12 shops including restaurant, supermarket and more...... 50-100m away from the Gambas Ave sidegate....... sweet..... :D

Sandiwara
16-02-14, 08:07

2) No nearby MRT

If you look at propertyguru graph below. The yearly average psf appreciation is around $55/year. So if you have 1238 sf size of unit. your average yearly appreciation is around $69k. I consider this is good return when I need to pay 160k for 20% down payment.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/northoaks-119

ecimbew
16-02-14, 09:49

Haha "Posture". So funny

solsys
16-02-14, 17:56
Haha "Posture". So funny

It's Pasture...... :cheers1:

Sandiwara
18-02-14, 09:20
Haha "Posture". So funny

My mistake, sorry about that:)

solsys
26-02-14, 08:55
Circular from HDB. (see attached picture)

The upcoming BTO, "Woodlands Pasture II" next to NorthOaks along Gambas will have one Child Care Centre, one Supermarket, twelve shops, two Restaurants, one Eating House, three Roof Gardens and big open space with children playground, fitness facilities and green landscape area.....

Completion by Q2 2017.

More amenities at stone-throw......

Good for Northoaks and in preparation for the Northern Corridor.....

:cheers1:

solsys
02-03-14, 16:56
Published on Mar 01, 2014 1:15 PM

An upcoming integrated complex in Woodlands will get skyrise greenery designs like rooftop gardens and vertical greenery like greens walls.National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan wrote on his blog on Saturday that the integrated complex near the Admiralty MRT station, dubbed Kampong, will be part of Singapore's skyrise greening initatives that will "go beyond the commercial sector".This greening efforts for the new development, which will house studio apartments and facilities like a hawker centre, medical centre, shops, seniors' activity centre and childcare centre, will add to the 61 ha of rooftop gardens that Singapore already has.Mr Khaw said in his blogpost: "This is no mean feat considering that we only actively embarked on greening our roofs in the last 5 years. In comparison, Chicago, which has a longer history of rooftop gardens, has 50 ha."Noting that Milan is creating a vertical forest within a residential concrete tower, Mr Khaw said cities around the world are "greening upwards"."We, too, are pioneers in the skyrise greenery movement," said Mr Khaw in his blogpost, citing the Super Trees structures in Gardens by the Bay. "There was initial scepticism but Singaporeans have grown to be fond and proud of our super trees. They broke new ground and created something endearing," he added.Saturday's announcement come amid a study by the Ministry of National Development to look into introducing a minimum requirement of greenery for new housing boards and private condominiums.Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee said last November that the possible move will ensure "pervasive" greenery continues to exist in Singapore.He also said that MND will study how to add more greenery to public infrastructure such as sheltered walkways and bus shelters.Other government incentive schemes such as the Skyrise Greenery Incentive Scheme also exist to encourage developers to green their buildings, as part of the country's City in a Garden vision.

This integrated green sky rise development will be next to Admiralty MRT

kaedenong
15-05-14, 19:50
yup agree. based on the master plan, woodlands will be developing to become the next regional centre. there will be a great potential growth around this estate.

for those who are eligible for ec or HDB upgraders considering to move to woodlands may consider the current forestville (http://allpropertylaunches.sg/forestville-ec/) ec launches. it is like almost 70% sold. for those who would like to know more and the available units at forestville (http://allpropertylaunches.sg/forestville-ec/) can contact me directly @ 9048 0660, Kaeden here from the developer's appointed sales team.

project infor website: www.allpropertylaunches.sg/forestville-ec/ (http://allpropertylaunches.sg/forestville-ec/)

Thank you cheerios :):)

Naruto
25-11-14, 12:59
Hi cau2danang,

How are you and your new place? Recently, much happening hor...:cool: