PDA

View Full Version : Goodlink Park

Lao Hu
08-09-09, 23:10
Anyone can advise the difference between Goodlink Park Apartment and Landed?

tokbooncheng
12-09-09, 22:43
Anyone can advise the difference between Goodlink Park Apartment and Landed?

You mean the Goodlink Park Apartment along Sembawang Road vs the landed properties in Goodlink Park Road ?

Condorich
12-09-09, 23:16
Not too sure but I have seen some ads for apartments.. they are stated as 3+1 and comes with car park... so maybe that is the main difference? The size is also much smaller...

Price wise... seen the ads being repeated for couple of months... perhaps the owners are asking for more.

KarenK
13-09-09, 11:53
Not too sure but I have seen some ads for apartments.. they are stated as 3+1 and comes with car park... so maybe that is the main difference? The size is also much smaller...

Price wise... seen the ads being repeated for couple of months... perhaps the owners are asking for more.

Goodlink Park Apts are crap. car accessories shops (4 units owned by same guy) and car rental shop below. car park? most of the units are taken up by the car rental's cars and the car accessories shop's customers in the day time. the car rental co is the bigger culprit. in the day time, the staff will shift the cars to the car park in front thereby taking up most of the lots. in the evening, they will shift to some place in the back (not sure where) to make space for residents returning from work. so what happens if u are on leave and come back in the day time?

Condorich
13-09-09, 12:16
Goodlink Park Apts are crap. car accessories shops (4 units owned by same guy) and car rental shop below. car park? most of the units are taken up by the car rental's cars and the car accessories shop's customers in the day time. the car rental co is the bigger culprit. in the day time, the staff will shift the cars to the car park in front thereby taking up most of the lots. in the evening, they will shift to some place in the back (not sure where) to make space for residents returning from work. so what happens if u are on leave and come back in the day time?

Yes I agree too... didn't know that they are owned by the same guy.

Yes, there is a car rental shop, car tyre shop etc... those blocks are facing the camp and quite close to the junction if not facing it directly... never will consider that place.

KarenK
13-09-09, 13:39
Yes I agree too... didn't know that they are owned by the same guy.

Yes, there is a car rental shop, car tyre shop etc... those blocks are facing the camp and quite close to the junction if not facing it directly... never will consider that place.

the car rental shop has been there since the beginning. the car tyre shop started out in the rightmost unit. after the Keppel TatLee Bank branch closed shop, it took over the 3 units formerly occupied by the bank.

Condorich
13-09-09, 16:33
Thanks for that info.. even the bank had to move....

so much about the banking services required by the residents there..

KarenK
13-09-09, 19:09
Thanks for that info.. even the bank had to move....

so much about the banking services required by the residents there..

they probably figured the residents there keep their money in biscuit tins so it's better they move to a more profitable locale..... :D

Lao Hu
13-09-09, 21:43
You mean the Goodlink Park Apartment along Sembawang Road vs the landed properties in Goodlink Park Road ?

Yes, I got the answer from the agent. Goodlink park apartment is the ones about the tyre shop along the main road, as mentioned by KarenK.

Lao Hu
13-09-09, 21:46

Wow, thanks for the useful info, if not :banghead: . Btw, my wife never like anything near the main road, especially near a busy junction. She also mentioned about noise from the tyre shop.

tokbooncheng
13-09-09, 21:52
Yes, I got the answer from the agent. Goodlink park apartment is the ones about the tyre shop along the main road, as mentioned by KarenK.

So KarenK & Condorich had explain to you on the apartment there & their
cons but despite that there was a transaction in Aug & at what i think good
selling price... haha

Lao Hu
13-09-09, 22:18
So KarenK & Condorich had explain to you on the apartment there & their
cons but despite that there was a transaction in Aug & at what i think good
selling price... haha

To be frank, I never believe in FREE LUNCH. If you can get a deal much lower than market price, something MUST be wrong because an owner just need to price th eproperty $20-30k below market to sell quickly. In fact, from the dealing with several property agents, it is most likely you pay higher than market price instead of the reverse.

tokbooncheng
13-09-09, 22:27
To be frank, I never believe in FREE LUNCH. If you can get a deal much lower than market price, something MUST be wrong because an owner just need to price th eproperty $20-30k below market to sell quickly. In fact, from the dealing with several property agents, it is most likely you pay higher than market price instead of the reverse.

No worries... be patient & you will get what you want. I had been waiting since 2007 for property price to drop till what i can afford & early part of the year i was thinking i will be able a unit by mid year but suddenly price surge again h:( I guess i need to carry on wait liao... but dunno until when liao haha

KarenK
14-09-09, 17:59
Wow, thanks for the useful info, if not :banghead: . Btw, my wife never like anything near the main road, especially near a busy junction. She also mentioned about noise from the tyre shop.

yes, such as the pissing noise u hear from them filling up the reconditioned tyres. this morning I passed by the place and noted that the corner tyre shop has illegally piled up its tyres at the side of the building between its shop and Sembawang Cottage next door. the tyres were piled till higher than a man's height! I keep thinking of the fire hazard :eek:

Lao Hu
14-09-09, 18:04
No worries... be patient & you will get what you want. I had been waiting since 2007 for property price to drop till what i can afford & early part of the year i was thinking i will be able a unit by mid year but suddenly price surge again h:( I guess i need to carry on wait liao... but dunno until when liao haha

Same same. Let's be patient together. Today, govt had just cool the hot property market. :cheers1:

Lao Hu
14-09-09, 18:07
yes, such as the pissing noise u hear from them filling up the reconditioned tyres. this morning I passed by the place and noted that the corner tyre shop has illegally piled up its tyres at the side of the building between its shop and Sembawang Cottage next door. the tyres were piled till higher than a man's height! I keep thinking of the fire hazard :eek:

Are you also looking for a property?

Condorich
14-09-09, 23:06
That whole area is crap for investment... only good for self stay when you get it at a low... if not... you are going to lose money when you exit from there. I agree it is good to wait.

kurby
14-09-09, 23:23
Guys wait lah....I would prefer Northwood to Goodlink anytime...

Wait for at least 1Q to see the reaction to the new measures....i think prices should be back to affordable level in 1H 2010....

KarenK
15-09-09, 08:53
Are you also looking for a property?
I've been staying in the general vicinity for 22+ years. hence I know the area very well as well as some of the little rumours & quirks of some residents around. it also helps that we have a very gossipy newspaper man who's been staying in the area since Chong Pang was a kampung :D

was looking for a pty since 07 when I thought prices will drop within the next 2 years. wanted it to be in the area as I need to be near my parents' place as they are my boy's caregivers. eyed Meadows@Peirce since the boarding came up and eventually bot a unit during the soft launch altho I was cursing the developer at the same time for the high price :simmering: . we figured the price is beyond what we had budgeted for but we are still able to service it comfortably and I like the project. basically it's like the only "presentable" one in the vicinity & meets most of our requirements. most importantly we are buying it for own stay, it's near caregivers' place and convenient to travel to my boy's future school. hence we are not worried even if the price drops in the near future :cheers1:

KarenK
15-09-09, 08:56
That whole area is crap for investment... only good for self stay when you get it at a low... if not... you are going to lose money when you exit from there. I agree it is good to wait.

the tyre shop owner is a nice guy altho he looks slightly gangster :hell-hath-no-fury: . his bro owns another tyre shop further down Sembawang Rd. he's the reasonable sort and is accommodating. can't say the same for the car rental boss who's been known to chase people away coz his staff wants to park their cars in the lots. this happened many years ago so I'm not sure whether he's still doing it :tongue3: .

Lao Hu
15-09-09, 23:28
I've been staying in the general vicinity for 22+ years. hence I know the area very well as well as some of the little rumours & quirks of some residents around. it also helps that we have a very gossipy newspaper man who's been staying in the area since Chong Pang was a kampung :D

was looking for a pty since 07 when I thought prices will drop within the next 2 years. wanted it to be in the area as I need to be near my parents' place as they are my boy's caregivers. eyed Meadows@Peirce since the boarding came up and eventually bot a unit during the soft launch altho I was cursing the developer at the same time for the high price :simmering: . we figured the price is beyond what we had budgeted for but we are still able to service it comfortably and I like the project. basically it's like the only "presentable" one in the vicinity & meets most of our requirements. most importantly we are buying it for own stay, it's near caregivers' place and convenient to travel to my boy's future school. hence we are not worried even if the price drops in the near future :cheers1:

Congrats on your Meadows@Peirce purchase. I also like the facilities but too bad it was priced outside my comfort zone. :(

KarenK
16-09-09, 14:10
Congrats on your Meadows@Peirce purchase. I also like the facilities but too bad it was priced outside my comfort zone. :(

thanks, haha. but I thot some of the facilities like dog running court & birdwatching tower are pretty stupid........oh well, u haf to take the bad with the good...... :o