PDA

View Full Version : The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

echotrain
22-09-09, 14:32
Hi 5!

5 penthouses sold!
$5M penthouse sold too!

Wow. Looks like the 99LH price point has shifted. Great for all who are vested in property.

sabian
22-09-09, 15:44
But raise rate and all die together, including all the businesses & companies out there, especially the SMEs (& gone also the taxes from companies' profits and even higher unemployment rate). Don't think the rate will rise anytime soon (probably at least another year or more).

If interest rate increase is so damaging, then just up the downpayment requirement to 30%.

Then, at least you know buyer is serious, not those using almost 100% life savings or OD type of buyer hoping for a quick flip.

bargain hunter
22-09-09, 16:03
its far east who is spoiling the market. overbid at a record for AMK in 2007 resulting in crazy centro prices and again by > 30% in the most recent tender. So maybe another one off centro like crazy development by far east again in the future but others may remain at more sane levels.

Correct:cheers6:

It does not help when gov't release more land and developers even overbid the second highest bid by more than 30%. What does this tell the public about the price of future developments?

bargain hunter
22-09-09, 16:08
these penthouses are located in super level 4 (19 to 24th storey) blocks. there are 3 such blocks. heard HPL boss, OBS, saved the best block for himself. the 5/18 sold are in the comparatively "worst" block among the 3.

Hi 5!

5 penthouses sold!
$5M penthouse sold too!

teddybear
22-09-09, 16:47
Isn't 20% downpayment serious enough? How much is considered serious enough? In many countries, property buyers just need to come out with 5% and borrow the 95%. As such, 20% is already quite high considering that banks are allowed to loan up to 90% (and even 95% previously). Furthermore, being able to pay 30% (or even 100%) downpayment doesn't mean that the buyer is serious such he can still be flipping as well (just that he is rich, that is all).

If interest rate increase is so damaging, then just up the downpayment requirement to 30%.

Then, at least you know buyer is serious, not those using almost 100% life savings or OD type of buyer hoping for a quick flip.

mr funny
22-09-09, 17:09
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,351172,00.html?

Published September 22, 2009

Steady sales at The Interlace condo despite ban on IAS

By JOYCE HOOI

THE government's move to ban the interest absorption scheme (IAS) and the rowdy start of The Interlace development's preview last Tuesday have done little to dampen sales of the CapitaLand and Hotel Properties project.

Of the 360 units released for sale, 233 units or 65 per cent were sold as of Sunday.

'We didn't expect the scrapping of the IAS to affect us very much, because a very small percentage of buyers opt for it in general, about 5 to 7 per cent,' said Patricia Chia, chief executive officer of CapitaLand Residential Singapore, at The Interlace's sales briefing yesterday.

The Wharf Residence, CapitaLand's other development, saw less than 5 per cent of buyers taking up the IAS. The scheme was abolished by the government last week as a precaution to prevent the overheating of the property market.

The Interlace is located at the former Gillman Heights site on Depot Road. The $1.4 billion project's first-day preview saw 153 units being offered to former Gillman Heights residents.

The preview took a dramatic turn when a shouting session ensued, fuelled by former residents who had previously been unhappy about the en bloc deal, and claimed that a poor choice of units had been offered by the developer at the preview.

CapitaLand maintained, however, that a mix of units ranging from 800 square feet (sq ft) to 5,800 sq ft in size, facing the pool, sea and HortPark had been on offer.

Since then, the two and three-bedroom units have been the best-selling among the 233 units sold. Prices range from $850 per sq ft and top out at $1,150 per sq ft.

To date, about five penthouse units out of the 18 units released have been sold. The largest penthouse stands at 5,877 sq ft and is priced at about $5 million.

The 99-year leasehold project will receive its temporary occupation permit in 2015.

This 1,040-unit project, located on an eight-hectare site, will also be the first one of its scale to be managed by CapitaLand itself.

'We felt that our condominium management would be able to offer a value-add to the development,' said Ms Chia.

As part of the management plan, residents will be offered a free shuttle bus service to the nearest MRT station for the first five years.

The 31-block project, is made distinctive by the unique stacking of apartment blocks in a hexagonal arrangement. The sale process had been fraught with tension over the last two years as minority owners opposed the $548 million deal at every turn.

The Court of Appeal dismissed a final attempt by minority owners to overturn the sale in February this year.

jlrx
22-09-09, 17:43
SOR3MF is doing at 0.4983% and assuming 1% spread charge by the bank(sorry me not familiar with those SOR/SIBOR packages, I stand to be corrected), so interest on loan is 1.4983% and for a 30yr loan, monthly pymt is $ 4140.46.

Haha ... all these figures are very close to one of my loans! :scared-4:

At the moment, my tenant is helping me pay the monthly payment. :p

Assuming rates climb back to just 3.5% (not to 3.96815%), for a same bank spread and tenure, the pymt come to $6080.22 which is an increased of $1,939.76 which is an increased of 46.85%.

If that happens, the economy should have recovered and I shall increase the rent to $6,080.22. :spliff:

Also, we are assuming banks always maintain a 1% (or any fixed spread as per current practise) spread whether SOR3MF is at sub 1% or at 3.5%, though I seriously dun think so. Those whom have these package can go through your loan doc to verify.

Yes. The loan document states that the spread is fixed.

amk
22-09-09, 17:51
Also, we are assuming banks always maintain a 1% (or any fixed spread as per current practise) spread whether SOR3MF is at sub 1% or at 3.5%, though I seriously dun think so.
bro of course it's fixed. that's why it's called a "spread". that's why Sibor/SOR package is so important, as compared to the past "board rate". We must thank DBS for doing a NS.

anyway I said this before and I say this again: budgeting at 4-5% is prudent; but if you are budgeting at 7% and worrying jobless/etc/ in the middle, then the capacity for risk taking is simply not there, and one should totally stay out of this property business. To be honest, one should only do private property investment when he has the means. The fundamental role of the government is not to ensure every one to afford a private condo. HDB is for that purpose.

Sabian: what's so wrong about pty price going up ? why must the government do more ? The current 20% downpayment, NPS payment scheme, is what a normal market is. As long as the HDB/resale price stays firm, mass market projects will do well. And to have HDB price steady seems to be politically correct.

blackswan
22-09-09, 18:11
Haha ... all these figures are very close to one of my loans! :scared-4:

At the moment, my tenant is helping me pay the monthly payment. :p

If that happens, the economy should have recovered and I shall increase the rent to $6,080.22. :spliff:

Yes. The loan document states that the spread is fixed.

Okie, thanks Bro jlrx and amk for the clarification.
Looks like I can safely take the plunge too liao.

jlrx
22-09-09, 18:19
Okie, thanks Bro jlrx and amk for the clarification.
Looks like I can safely take the plunge too liao.

Wait! Wait!

Before you "take the plunge", better read this:

Whopping $5m subsale loss for St Regis unit

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=8331

sabian
22-09-09, 19:07
Sabian: what's so wrong about pty price going up ? why must the government do more ? The current 20% downpayment, NPS payment scheme, is what a normal market is. As long as the HDB/resale price stays firm, mass market projects will do well. And to have HDB price steady seems to be politically correct.

Nothing wrong with it. I was just responding to teddy's post.

In fact, I hope that property prices will go up another 30% by Q32010.:p

Squall8888
22-09-09, 21:42
Those who want property to drop are those who miss the boat. Want to buy, but no balls to buy. Scare drop more. If scare, then don't buy lor. If want to aim for bottom of bottom, then too bad. Confirm miss already. And don't even hope for a market correction that soon. It is not going to happen. The rally will continue (just look at interlace and hundred trees) until the demand has been satisfied. Don't forget, the market has been quiet for a year so this 1 year of demand, all came back with a vengence. So the rally will continue until probably end of the year and with IR coming, the buying will continue beyond. The sentiment might even be stronger because of the influx of investors and foreigners (don't forget MBFC tower 1 is 100% rented out and tower 2+3 is 60% rented out). So those who think property will fall, fat hope. Confirm chiong beyond 2007 peak. Only then, prices might fall depending on IR success, rental etc... But by then, market already 30-40% more than today.

xtink
22-09-09, 21:56
much as i think the prices are not supported by fundamentals now, i tend to be cautiously bullish and agree with squall8888. The fear of missing the boat and see further price increasing towards the completion of IR is very great, thus real homebuyers are jumping into the boat.

bargain hunter
22-09-09, 22:11
i think the place where prices may be capped is in fact the prime areas where more of the demand depends on rental (which is still low now) and just check out the supply coming out in the next few years for that sector. Prices are also not so affordable there for locals. How many more $3m 4 bedrooms can they sell? RCR could have more potential as OCR had already led the first leg of the rally.

southpark2000
22-09-09, 22:23
Nah......there is limited upside now.

It might not drop now for new launches per se

...perhaps 2011-2012; 2013 region. That's when the majority of units will TOP. Either subsales; else rental yields will drop becos of oversupply and barely cover repayments....

BOTTOMLINE
- If bought already, good luck and hope you have gotten it at the low and have good holding pwr
- Else, hold off and try subsales, 2nd hand in 2012-2013 region...

BUY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD AND NOT ON HEARSAY....

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

Squall8888
22-09-09, 22:23
Wait till more overseas investors come into the market, then see if the market will be up or down. Now, only Singaporeans buy, that is why suburban prices go up. But I still believe CCR will lead the rally. Look at Marina bay and Orchard. Setting records after records these few months. Suburban might be up but CCR is the key indicator. This happen in 2007 and will again, happen now. From March low till now, suburban maybe go up by 10-20%. Look at Marina and Orchard, I think easily 50-100%. So CCR is still the leader. I have no doubt. Don't buy now, then wait till the demand for Marina and Orchard spill over to City Fringe then you all won't have a chance to buy already. I am not an agent but this is my feel looking at the trend in 1997 and 2007. They are the same. CCR lead the race. Then when people feel too expensive, city fringe will go up. Then suburban will benefit a bit.

much as i think the prices are not supported by fundamentals now, i tend to be cautiously bullish and agree with squall8888. The fear of missing the boat and see further price increasing towards the completion of IR is very great, thus real homebuyers are jumping into the boat.

xtink
22-09-09, 22:37
your assumption here is demand remains unchange by 2012/13. let's revisit this assumption in 1 -2 yrs time. As it stands now, the argument doesnt not hold. my 2cents.

but i agree with u on BUY WITHIN UR MEANS, so up or down will never be an issue. Time will ride out all uncertainty.

...perhaps 2011-2012; 2013 region. That's when the majority of units will TOP. Either subsales; else rental yields will drop becos of oversupply and barely cover repayments....

BOTTOMLINE
- If bought already, good luck and hope you have gotten it at the low and have good holding pwr

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

Squall8888
22-09-09, 22:37
It depends on the demand and supply. There is no 100% to predict demand one. A lot of people also say property prices will dip further in June 2009 but look what happen? 1 year back, people also say property will have oversupply in 2009 and 2010 but a recent report says there will be shortage. So who to believe? The best is to believe yourself. Analysts are crap. They move with the market and come up with something "this goes without saying". But when things go wrong, they easily change. Don't believe me, go read UBS, Citi, DBS etc report on property in Q1 2009. All predict wrongly. The closest is Citibank which predict recovery in June 2009 but they miss it by a quarter as well. Don't forget, the market is surprised at Citi's optimism but I guess, Citibank has the best talents. But then, best talents also miss the upturn. So don't depend on reports. Go with your feel. Just look at MBFC and IR, the amount of people that are coming into Singapore. They need a place to stay. MBFC foreigners confirm stay condo one. IR foreigners will stay cheaper places - maybe a lot share a condo or HDB but that will indirectly lower the supply for rental.

This is only my analysis and I might be wrong. But to those property buyers, can you be afford to be wrong this time? If you need a property these few years, ask yourself if you can afford to miss this boat. It might take a few years for the cycle to reverse and doesn't mean prices will go back to this level. Over the long run, property prices only appreciate. Straight line appreciation. The new high will be higher than the old high. If you think prices will head south, then you wait. If not, move in now. Don't wait for property to hit new high then regret. I have seen enough people complaining about high property prices because those are cocks who dare not buy and hoping prices will drop.

BOTTOMLINE

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

Squall8888
22-09-09, 22:43
By the way, don't buy interlace. Not a good buy. Go subsale/resale market. A lot of better buys. nicer, cheaper and better location. TOP sooner also. If you buying to flip, then ok. Confirm can flip one. If buying for own stay, might as well look for city fringe houses. Prices still low. Southbank, Metropolitan, Citylights, The Beacon, Regency Suite. All are near MRT and psf is almost same as Interlace. But available immediately. I strongly feel Southbank and Citylights really good buy. Seaview + MRT + Super near town.

p/s: I don't stay in Condo

bargain hunter
23-09-09, 00:54
you think these are still asking "reasonable" prices? Try calling up the adverts, all the asks shoot up already. Higher priced than Interlace i'm afraid.

By the way, don't buy interlace. Not a good buy. Go subsale/resale market. A lot of better buys. nicer, cheaper and better location. TOP sooner also. If you buying to flip, then ok. Confirm can flip one. If buying for own stay, might as well look for city fringe houses. Prices still low. Southbank, Metropolitan, Citylights, The Beacon, Regency Suite. All are near MRT and psf is almost same as Interlace. But available immediately. I strongly feel Southbank and Citylights really good buy. Seaview + MRT + Super near town.

p/s: I don't stay in Condo

thomastansb
23-09-09, 01:30
Actually still got one lah. I agree with squall8888. The high will be higher each cycle but can those desperate for a house wait for the next cycle? This downturn, suburban only hit like 600++. The last downturn was 300-400+. Who knows, the next downturn will be 800++ at minimum? Not surprising since suburban are launching > 1000psf. DBR selling only 600-700psf now. Get a low floor facing MRT and you might be in for a surprise. So there are still houses around but what is your expectation at the end of the day? You want city, then pay > 1000psf. You want suburban, 700 psf got already. If you really want dirt cheap, then get those super cock location and super cock facing. Sure got the price you want. But don't forget, can you afford to miss this boat (i like this sentence actually)? What if the next downturn is 800+ psf for suburban? Buyers, weigh the risk yourself.

Anyway, heard rental for Sail went up 20-30%. Icon and Citylights studio rental are holding firm around 3k+ / 2.8k+. So are metropolitan 2 br @ 3k. Rental seems to have stop rotting or rather, the start of the U turn. Don't wait for this news to come out in newspaper then you all go fight. I believe in first mover advantage. But again, you buyers go weigh the risk. I bought in April so no risk now. IR will have an indirect effect on property one. Somemore, Marina Bay Financial Centre. I repeat my favourite sentence, can you afford to miss this downturn?

you think these are still asking "reasonable" prices? Try calling up the adverts, all the asks shoot up already. Higher priced than Interlace i'm afraid.

DC33_2008
23-09-09, 09:01

Southbank has to be higher psf than Interlace given the proximity to MRT, Downtown, wet market, foodcourt and a great view to the bay and future sporthub. On the contrary,qQuite a lot of the units at Interlace has afternoon sun, noise from the AYE, no MRT, etc.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...51248,00.html? (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,351248,00.html?)

Published September 22, 2009

Whopping $5m subsale loss for St Regis unit

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

A UNIT at St Regis Residences chalked up the biggest subsale loss in the first eight months of this year: a massive $5 million.

But on the flip side, it was also a unit at the same 999-year leasehold development which raked in the biggest gain of $1.39 million. The fifth floor unit was transacted in July at $9.5 million - up from the $8.1 million original purchase price. The seller had bought the unit direct from the developer in June 2006.

The loss-incurring unit, on the sixth floor, was sold in May. The transacted price was $7.98 million, compared to the nearly $13 million at which the apartment previously changed hands in July 2007, during the peak of the luxury housing market.

Interestingly, the $7.98 million subsale price for the property in May is not far off the $8.16 million that the apartment had been originally sold by the project's developer in June 2006.

Another St Regis apartment, this time on the 11th floor, was transacted at $7.8 million in June - $2.7 million lower than the $10.5 million the developer had sold the unit for in April 2007.

All three transactions were picked up in Savills Singapore's analysis of URA Realis caveats as at Aug 28.

Overall, in percentage terms, the most profitable subsale transaction this year yielded a 103 per cent gain.

It involved the sale of a 34th level unit at Southbank, located at North Bridge Road, for $1.64 million ($1,250 per square foot). The transaction last month is nearly double the $807,600 or $615 psf that the developer sold the unit for in July 2006.

The largest percentage loss of 41 per cent accrued to the seller of a unit on the 55th level of The Sail @ Marina Bay. The unit sold for about $1.89 million or $1,600 psf in January - lower than the nearly $3.2 million or $2,700 psf it was previously transacted at in June 2007.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/report.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/report.php?p=71817)

amk
23-09-09, 11:46
u know u can even feel the market by seeing the tune of this forum :)
just one month ago u saw post after post "wah bubble already, must crash"/ "yea I agree. how can ppl afford ?".
now, where are those posts ? :D

there are a lot of new entrants of pty market here. personal opinion: if you are new to pty investment, make sure to buy it within your means. And you must have the stomach for risk taking. As squal88 said, it's useless to wait for bottom of bottom (as a way to be affordable. like, "oh if the price is 500psf like in AFC bottom then I can buy it"). Pty investment, you either have the means or you dun. Try not to "make it affordable". A lot of newspaper/forum complaints are in this group.

Now I'm "cautiously bullish" too. And I agree 1000% analysts are bs. My own view of the market is that: 1) high HDB resale supports mass market 2) pent-up demand causes current run 3) low interest rate will make it last for another 1y at least 4) foreign buying not yet started

jitkiat
23-09-09, 12:14
As long as HDB continues with its BTO/DBSS and mark-to-market valuation, the worst period for mass market condos (below 600psf in 2003-2005) is over. But don't expect to flip for quick profit in this market segment as it depends on HDB resale prices. For example, most Casa Merah/Centris owners subsale profit below 20% after holding for 2 years.

Squall8888
23-09-09, 12:58
But 2 years, 20% is already very very good returns. Minibonds buyers took a big big risk but only get about 5-6% returns. But in the end, they lose everything.

As long as HDB continues with its BTO/DBSS and mark-to-market valuation, the worst period for mass market condos (below 600psf in 2003-2005) is over. But don't expect to flip for quick profit in this market segment as it depends on HDB resale prices. For example, most Casa Merah/Centris owners subsale profit below 20% after holding for 2 years.

echotrain
23-09-09, 13:27
Definitely go for a buy here if you can hold a few years. Like someone said, the high will be higher than the previous high, the low will be higher than the previous low.

Property is usually a lagging indicator of the economic recovery.

I think the current OCR boost is likely due to the upgraders who have missed the boat. The real recovery which is led by the CCRs is coming soon. Look for it.

If you have money now, between a OCR and CCR, go for the CCR projects, esp resale whre there will be loads of upsides.

My view. Caveat emptor.

Squall8888
23-09-09, 14:55
These bunch of people never learn. When 2007 high, complain, complain and complain. Actually it's already starting now - people complaining about high COV for HDB. 6 months ago don't want to buy. Now prices go up then go buy. Dumb asses. If now complain and still don't take action, wait till IR comes and investors come back, then really cannot buy. Prices still cheap now when taking inflation and income ratio into consideration. But don't buy interlace. It's overpriced. Look for those subsales or resales. Cheaper and better location. Especially CCR.

6 months ago, people say 1200psf for Sail is expensive. Now, people say 2200psf for Sail still cheap. You all decide yourself. This year is nearing an end. IR will be completed soon. So is MBFC. Don't wait until that time then go :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Definitely go for a buy here if you can hold a few years. Like someone said, the high will be higher than the previous high, the low will be higher than the previous low.

Property is usually a lagging indicator of the economic recovery.

I think the current OCR boost is likely due to the upgraders who have missed the boat. The real recovery which is led by the CCRs is coming soon. Look for it.

If you have money now, between a OCR and CCR, go for the CCR projects, esp resale whre there will be loads of upsides.

My view. Caveat emptor.

Regulators
23-09-09, 21:01
i dont thk the IR cmpletion is going to escalate pxs, it is the run up to cmpletn that brings pxs up. Now that cmpletn is almost in view, pxs hv already run up quite substantially 4 certain projects.
These bunch of people never learn. When 2007 high, complain, complain and complain. Actually it's already starting now - people complaining about high COV for HDB. 6 months ago don't want to buy. Now prices go up then go buy. Dumb asses. If now complain and still don't take action, wait till IR comes and investors come back, then really cannot buy. Prices still cheap now when taking inflation and income ratio into consideration. But don't buy interlace. It's overpriced. Look for those subsales or resales. Cheaper and better location. Especially CCR.

6 months ago, people say 1200psf for Sail is expensive. Now, people say 2200psf for Sail still cheap. You all decide yourself. This year is nearing an end. IR will be completed soon. So is MBFC. Don't wait until that time then go :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Squall8888
23-09-09, 22:10
I guess it really depends. No one knows..

i dont thk the IR cmpletion is going to escalate pxs, it is the run up to cmpletn that brings pxs up. Now that cmpletn is almost in view, pxs hv already run up quite substantially 4 certain projects.

moneyspinner
23-09-09, 22:26
I guess it really depends. No one knows..

Only time will tell who has made the correct call. That's the market. You need to take a view!:cheers6:

ksh
24-09-09, 11:32
The current surge in Mass market home price leads to
a few contributing factors :

1. The completion of the IRs
2. The rising stock market
3. The scarcity of land here
4. Government not releasing land fast enough
esp. leasehold sites
5. Low interest rate environment
6. Lack of confidence in alternative investment
7. Foreigners buying

:spliff2:

alamak
24-09-09, 21:26

esp. leasehold sites
7. Foreigners buying

:spliff2: Your england tua kong .. wat toking you ? the surge lead to IR and stock market rise :confused::confused:

jlrx
24-09-09, 22:14
Only time will tell who has made the correct call. That's the market. You need to take a view!:cheers6:

Some people can still make a correct call without taking a view .

They just wait for the market to crash and they'll feel richer.

They can be "invested" in a multi-million condo without coming up with a single cent. This is "infinite leveraging".

But 2 years, 20% is already very very good returns. Minibonds buyers took a big big risk but only get about 5-6% returns. But in the end, they lose everything.

That's why real estate is "real". Others are fake.

That's why everytime the money in my bank gets too much, I'll buy another piece of "real" estate. I don't trust the banks.

Recently with the government guaranteeing all deposits, I feel much more assured. Once they revert back to that stupid Deposit Insurance Scheme (DIS) which guarantess only $20,000, I'll have no choice but to get another piece of "real" estate.

Reporter
25-09-09, 00:11
You mean like Aztech?
Take a stand and move on?

Aztech Proposes To Diversify Its Business By Venturing Into The Property Sector
Ms Pavani Nagarajah
Company Secretary
Aztech Group Ltd.
Thursday, 24 September 2009, 19:36:13

The Board of Directors of Aztech Group Ltd is pleased to announce that, in line with the Group’s long-term strategy of diversifying it’s business, the Group proposes to venture into the property development, building construction and property management businesses (the “New Business”).

The Group believes that the economic growth in the Asia-Pacific region has led to an increase in the demand for services in the New Business and that the New Business would have bright prospects in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region given the high savings rate and economic progress in the region.

Initially, the Group proposes to enter the residential property segment in Singapore as a boutique developer. Given the projected population growth, the Group believes that there will be long-term sustainable demand for the New Business. The residential property sector in Singapore has seen tremendous growth in terms of the number of new projects launched as well as the amount of interest in these projects among investors and buyers.

An extraordinary general meeting (the “EGM”) will be convened to seek the approval of shareholders for the Group to engage in the New Business.

Reporter
29-09-09, 23:17
This is a biased report. Of course Interlace is seeing slowdown. All the good units and smaller units are taken up. This is the same across all projects. Usually, 3/4/PH units are the slowest to go. Somemore, now left all those lousy facing units, of course, sale will be slower.

This writer fails to mention that 2 bedders are all gone once it was released. Shouldn't be a writer after all.
Perhaps they are just following instruction during this period?

noblebaby
30-09-09, 10:34
bank loan interest rate has increased, any one notice?

esp. leasehold sites
7. Foreigners buying

:spliff2:

bargain hunter
30-09-09, 23:51
has it? what are the rates like now? i have not been shopping for a home loan lately.

bank loan interest rate has increased, any one notice?

xtink
30-09-09, 23:58
but sibor keeps going lower it seems...

jonleelk
01-10-09, 00:09
Dbs is currently offering sibor+0.8%, no lock in. Can choose 3 or 12 mth sibor.

dtrax
01-10-09, 00:44
yah I got rates between 0.75-0.85%+sibor with DBS no lock, same rate thruout the loan period. Not sure which banks have increase the rates

Reporter
01-10-09, 18:10
Let's see if RCR's prices can surge another 20% in Q4.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
URA's private home prices indices surge in Q3
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Thursday, 1 October 2009

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)'s price index for private homes jumped 15.9% in the third quarter of 2009 compared with the preceding quarter, according to a flash estimate released on Thursday.

This follows a 4.7% quarter-on-quarter decline in the widely watched index in Q2.

URA also released flash estimates of the price changes in the three geographical regions for third quarter 2009. Prices of non-landed private residential properties increased by 16.2% quarter on quarter in the Core Central Region, 19.1% in Rest of Central Region (RCR) and 15.4% in Outside Central Region in Q3.

In contrast, for Q2 2009, the price indices for non-landed private homes dipped 5.2% in Core Central Region, 4.4% in Rest of Central Region and 2.3% in Outside Central Region.

DW
01-10-09, 21:53

Does anyone know how is
CCR
RCR
OCR
categorised? Is it grouped together based on district or ... ???

Is Sentosa considered CCR or RCR ??
How about places like Reflections and Caribbean??

xtink
01-10-09, 22:36
in the same report, there is a graph that shows the prices correlation b/w OCR, CCR and RCR. http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-67b.pdf

in the '06 to '08 period, the CCR obviously pulled away from the trend, whilee RCR and OCR continue to maintain a constant gap throughout from '04 to 3Q08.

In the recent 4 qtrs, the significant pullback of the CCR plus the outburst of the prices in the OCR allows the gap to be sort of normalised back to the pre-boom time of '06/07. However, the recovery in RCR is slow, such that we now even see OCR matching or even higher prices in RCR. ==> which really correlates to what we are almost seeing now (compare launch of Cento/100Ts vs Woodleigh; rough guage here)

In my view, i feel RCR definitely still has more room to go up, plus if the recovery is sustained and CCR sees a maintained growth, RCR shouldn't be where it is now. :2cents:

jlrx
01-10-09, 22:39
yah I got rates between 0.75-0.85%+sibor with DBS no lock, same rate thruout the loan period. Not sure which banks have increase the rates

I just checked, the three-month SIBOR is still only 0.68458%.

So my SIBOR loan is still only around 1.5%.

Haha ... actually the home loan rates are so low now that you can actually get a higher return from your deposits.

There are some insurance-linked products that are paying around 2% now but they require lock-in of around 5 years.

xtink
01-10-09, 22:44
the catch is the 5 years. when the economy recovers and int rate goes up, u are still locked down, and exiting early might prove to be even more painful. :2cents:

I just checked, the three-month SIBOR is still only 0.68458%.

So my SIBOR loan is still only around 1.5%.

Haha ... actually the home loan rates are so low now that you can actually get a higher return from your deposits.

There are some insurance-linked products that are paying around 2% now but they require lock-in of around 5 years.

Reporter
01-10-09, 23:06
in the same report, there is a graph that shows the prices correlation b/w OCR, CCR and RCR. http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-67b.pdf

in the '06 to '08 period, the CCR obviously pulled away from the trend, whilee RCR and OCR continue to maintain a constant gap throughout from '04 to 3Q08.

In the recent 4 qtrs, the significant pullback of the CCR plus the outburst of the prices in the OCR allows the gap to be sort of normalised back to the pre-boom time of '06/07. However, the recovery in RCR is slow, such that we now even see OCR matching or even higher prices in RCR. ==> which really correlates to what we are almost seeing now (compare launch of Cento/100Ts vs Woodleigh; rough guage here)

In my view, i feel RCR definitely still has more room to go up, plus if the recovery is sustained and CCR sees a maintained growth, RCR shouldn't be where it is now. :2cents:
Are you referring to the 2nd URA graph?

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/h88_masthead_logo.jpg
Property prices up 15.9%
H88
Thursday, 1 October 2009

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-10-01/boomsz_pricesup.jpg

URA has confirmed what most of us have suspected so far - prices have gone up! Dramatically! Flash estimates for property prices in Q3 show huge increase of 15.9% compared to the previous quarter.

According to URA, the Core Central region saw an increase of 16.2%, the Rest of Central Region jumped the most with 19.1% and the Outside Central Region moved up 15.4%. Compared to last quarter where all regions saw price drops, this quarter has seen a sharp double digit jump.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/URAPPIQ3091.jpg

It's also worth nothng that prices also increased the most in the Rest of Central Region, catching up with prices for condos in Outside Central Region.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/URAPPIQ3092.jpg

So if prices are on the up, will bargain hunters now stay away? Will this affect the current launches? Or will the current low loan rates still encourage buyers? Will there be a double-dip?

xtink
01-10-09, 23:14
yup. the 2nd graph

Are you referring to the 2nd URA graph?

jlrx
02-10-09, 02:34
The graph above has a very familiar pattern ...

The literally million-dollar question (see below): is it going to be a repeat of 1989 (pink graph) or 1999 (blue graph)? :confused:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/PropertyPrice1993To2009WithWay.jpg

Condorich
02-10-09, 08:47
Take a bet

My bet is that it should be blues after the elections....

Prior to that... it is only up...

xtink
02-10-09, 10:18
hmm... good charts. anyone has similar comparison of the O,C,R from '96 and '99? or they were defined even back then?

bargain hunter
02-10-09, 11:53
sentosa is CCR but reflections is RCR.

Sky11 was purposely drawn to be CCR hehehe.

in general, it seems like all of district 1,2,9,10 and 11 + sentosa are CCR. The rest of district 4 seems to be RCR, as is D21 (the floridian, Cascadia etc area).

Does anyone know how is
CCR
RCR
OCR
categorised? Is it grouped together based on district or ... ???

Is Sentosa considered CCR or RCR ??
How about places like Reflections and Caribbean??

lancelot
02-10-09, 20:27
- deleted -

Cactus72
03-10-09, 15:02
Read as per link:
http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_436988.html

Reporter
03-10-09, 15:14
The graph above has a very familiar pattern ...

The literally million-dollar question (see below): is it going to be a repeat of 1989 (pink graph) or 1999 (blue graph)? :confused:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/PropertyPrice1993To2009WithWay.jpg
I bet on pink on the ground of too much liquidity in the market combined with the recovering of the global economy.

Reporter
03-10-09, 15:15
hmm... good charts. anyone has similar comparison of the O,C,R from '96 and '99? or they were defined even back then?
This CCR-RCR-OCR categorisation was only started in 2004. So ...

jlrx
03-10-09, 22:17
Take a bet

My bet is that it should be blues after the elections....

Prior to that... it is only up...

I bet on pink on the ground of too much liquidity in the market combined with the recovering of the global economy.

I guess the trend may end up somewhere between the blue and pink one.

If the market crashes, Tharman and Obama will print more money; if the market shoots up too fast, Mah Bow Tan will release more land.

The difference between Condorich and Reporter's predictions is also reflected in the widening spreads in developer biddings, meaning that the developers themselves are also not sure ...

The Business Times

Market uncertainty colours bids for land

October 1, 2009

THE aggressive bids which poured in for government residential land in the last few months show just how much the property market has improved.

But is the recovery real, and how much more can prices rise? The large divergence in bid values shows that even developers themselves may be unsure about what the future holds.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-10-01/BT_IMAGES_DIVERG1.jpg

To put these numbers into context, the spread between top and bottom bids for government residential land in 2007 and 2008 hardly exceeded 60 per cent.

Only two of 14 tender exercises recorded on the Urban Redevelopment Authority's website in those years showed spreads above that level. So it is unusual that just between August and September, bid values in three consecutive tenders have diverged so widely.

Developers could have sharply different readings of the sites' potential because of the hazy economic outlook. The property market is at a pivotal point - bulls which believe that demand will stay strong will pay more to secure the sites, while bears which expect weakening ahead will fork out less.

In contrast, there would have been more of a 'consensus' among developers during the boom years, when the market's uptrend was certain.

DW
04-10-09, 00:26
On the basis the account given by the writer of the article is correct, this sounds like a complete scam by Capitaland and they should be absolutely ashame of themselves considering they are supposed to be deemed as one of the more larger government linked corporates and would and should in every sense of it to take bearing upon themselves to be commercially fair and have an equitable approach to fair business practice.

If the author is indeed right and accurate in her posting, it will be such a shocker for that coming from Capitaland.

Read as per link:
http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_436988.html

teddybear
04-10-09, 10:22
Not sure why anybody would want to buy that Interlace vs condos in other places? Location wise is really not that convenient (no MRT within walkable distance). That place the road in front always jammed very badly during peak hours. :scared-3:

Honesty
04-10-09, 10:47
Not sure why anybody would want to buy that Interlace vs condos in other places? Location wise is really not that convenient (no MRT within walkable distance). That place the road in front always jammed very badly during peak hours. :scared-3:

Singaporean are rich....77,000 millionaire

Nothing to do....other then work

Nowhere to go....other then shoppping

So just BUY for the sake of buying....

alamak
04-10-09, 12:26
Singaporean are rich....77,000 millionaire

Nothing to do....other then work

Nowhere to go....other then shoppping

So just BUY for the sake of buying....

Find out how many are true blue S'inkaporean Vs indonaporean or malaporean or vietnaporean or filliporean ? :confused:

04-10-09, 12:37

personal opinion is I'm against buying big projects..:doh:

Reporter
04-10-09, 16:06
Find out how many are true blue S'inkaporean Vs indonaporean or malaporean or vietnaporean or filliporean ? :confused:
I don't think this World Wealth Report practise double counting.

An Indonesian millionaire wouldn't be classified as a Singaporean millionaire. The same applies to Malaysian, Vietnamese or Filipino millionaires.

http://www.mypaper.com.sg/images/mypaper-logo.gif
Singapore now has 77,000 millionaires
我报
Thursday, 26 June 2008

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/business/05May08/images/20080527.113310_cbd.jpg

Singapore has climbed the ranks of the millionaire club: It is now No. 7 in the world's top 10 list of fastest-growing populations of high rollers.

The country saw a 15.3% rise - or an addition of 10,000 people - to 77,000 millionaires, according to the 12th annual World Wealth Report, prepared by United States investment bank Merrill Lynch and information technology group Capgemini.

The report defines a millionaire as a person possessing more than US$1 million (S$1.37 million) in net assets, excluding his main residence and other consumables.

Asia was home to some of the world's fastest-growing populations of millionaires, according to the report.

Topping the top-10 list was India, followed by China. For India, the number of its millionaires jumped 22.7% last year to 123,000, while the number of high rollers in China rose 20.3% to 415,000.

Other countries in the top 10 list are Brazil, which took the third spot, followed by South Korea, Indonesia, Slovakia, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, Czech Republic and Russia.

Despite financial turmoil and significant increases in the price of luxury goods, the report said the world's millionaires have an 'unquenchable appetite' for luxury items.

Jewellery, gems and watches attracted the largest share of these 'passion investment allocations' in Asia and the Middle East, the report said.
Globally, these high-priced toys tend to be art collections, yachts, personal jets and similar items, said Merrill Lynch and Capgemini.

But there are regional differences, with Asia's millionaires allocating the most to items like luxury and 'experiential' travel, visits to high-end spas and designer clothes, they said.

Asian millionaires' wealth would grow annually by 7.9% to US$13.9 trillion in 2012, against US$13.5 trillion among Europe's wealthiest, or 4.9% annual growth, the report said.

The number of millionaires in the Asia-Pacific grew 8.7% from a year ago to 2.8million people and their combined wealth soared 12.5% to US$9.5 trillion, excluding the value of their homes and consumables.

'In the Asia-Pacific region, wealth is being created at an unprecedented rate,' said Mr Kong Eng Huat, managing director (South Asia Market) at Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management.

'Notwithstanding the recent dislocation in global markets, the robust economies in Asia are increasingly being driven by the domestic consumption story and continue to spur wealth creation in the region.'
Mr Kong added that, in five years' time, millionaires in Asia would have more combined wealth than those in Europe.

But the rich are also facing the challenges of slower growth in developed markets hit by the credit crisis as well as the risk of high inflation in emerging markets, the report said.

tanumy
04-10-09, 16:28
buy DBR condo located at simei:)

Reporter
04-10-09, 16:59
buy DBR condo located at simei:)
Why DBR at Simei?
Is it hot?
Was it almost snapped up within the first 90 minutes?

Otherwise, why not look at something else?

http://www.zaobao.com/images1/zblogo.gif
尺价超过1280元 超小公寓首日卖出九成
吴慧敏
联合早报
4-10-2009

靠近芽笼的超级小单位公寓掀起抢购热潮,虽然最小的单位只有区区258平方英尺,而且尺价高达1450元,但却在首日推出的短短90分钟内就马上被抢购一空。

据消息说,到昨天傍晚, Suites@Guillemard已经售出大约九成的单位,只剩下还不到10个售价在50万元以上的较大单位。

房地产顾问麦俊荣说:“这显示进场的人,都是因为单位价低而进场的,但是预算却非常紧,没有办法负担面积较大的公寓单位。”

他认为,如果这些人是抱着投资的心态进场,那么就实在让人担心,因为这意味他们也没有太强的持守能力。

尺价媲美纽顿区公寓

他也指出,每平方英尺1280元至1450元的价格,已经完全打破芽笼一带的所有尺价纪录,几乎可以媲美纽顿一带的房子。
据了解,早在该项目发售之前,已经有上百名经纪和公众在示范单位外等候进场。有兴趣的买家必须附上一张签了名的空白支票,才有抽签进示范单位看房子的机会。

http://property.zaobao.com/images6/private091004.jpg
Suites@Guillemard位于基里玛路和林亚雨路交界处,共有72个单位,大部分为面积只有40多平方米的“套间公寓”或一卧房式单位。

消息透露,在星期五推出的第一天内,所有的小单位都已经卖出,剩下不到20个面积较大的两卧房式单位,以及西照的单位,昨天剩下的单位本来就已经不多,但还是几乎每个小时都有几个单位卖出。

由Oxley Land发展的Suites@Guillemard,位于基里玛路(Guillemard Road)和林亚雨路交界处,共有72个单位。它们绝大部分为面积只有40多平方米的“套间公寓”(studio apartment)或一卧房式单位。

不过,最引人瞩目的是,最小的单位只有区区258平方英尺,面积还不到三房式政府组屋的一半,或6个半乒乓桌。

这相信是本地最小的公寓单位。

消息透露,整个项目只有四个这种属于L型的小型公寓单位,它们的售价从37万5000元起,也就是相等于每平方英尺1450元。

由于之前就已经有好几个买家“瞄准”这个单位,因此星期五一开放选购,就马上被抢购一空。

至于面积达388平方英尺的一卧房式单位,售价则从50万元起,也就是每平方英尺1288元。

NoodyGirl
04-10-09, 19:09
getting too many tremors in Singapore these days

Interlace has a funny design

can it withstand a strong tremor

any legal requirement in Spore on such quake thingy ?

wreckwrx
05-10-09, 10:03
getting too many tremors in Singapore these days

Interlace has a funny design

can it withstand a strong tremor

any legal requirement in Spore on such quake thingy ?

Interesting point.... I was in the Alexandra area last week when the tremors happened. 25th floor of a building and I could feel the swaying. Gave me a headache after that...

Where I was at is pretty close to Gilman Heights. So I'm sure the residents there felt it too. The builders of Interlace better quake-proof those lego blocks man! :D

xebay11
05-10-09, 10:34
Interesting point.... I was in the Alexandra area last week when the tremors happened. 25th floor of a building and I could feel the swaying. Gave me a headache after that...

Where I was at is pretty close to Gilman Heights. So I'm sure the residents there felt it too. The builders of Interlace better quake-proof those lego blocks man! :D

Those lego blocks look very stable.

desirenlure
05-10-09, 11:42
I was at the showroom last Friday and was truely impressed by the architecture which was a very good realization of a high-rise garden living. IMHO (I'm not a civil and structural engineer by training), this architecture is rock solid as the lower blocks interlocks each other to form an enlarged base as wide as the compound which is around 1 million square feet. However, it is a pity that only a few blocks are prime in terms of location which in the development and feng shui and these blocks are not launched yet. I was actually dismayed by the service and knowledge level of the sales person in the showroom. I believe the sales numbers will be a whole lot better if they are delivered correctly.

NoodyGirl
05-10-09, 12:15
I was at the showroom last Friday and was truely impressed by the architecture which was a very good realization of a high-rise garden living. IMHO (I'm not a civil and structural engineer by training), this architecture is rock solid as the lower blocks interlocks each other to form an enlarged base as wide as the compound which is around 1 million square feet. However, it is a pity that only a few blocks are prime in terms of location which in the development and feng shui and these blocks are not launched yet. I was actually dismayed by the service and knowledge level of the sales person in the showroom. I believe the sales numbers will be a whole lot better if they are delivered correctly.

feng shui is very bad as many sharp edges keep shooting at residents
if buy dont stay there , just rent out
I dont Spore willl have quake requirements - this is an experimental Lego
not proven

Regulators
05-10-09, 23:44
next time if people can't find where Interlace residents live, they just have to say they live in the most messy private housing estate in alexandra. :scared-4:

Reporter
06-10-09, 10:39
u know u can even feel the market by seeing the tune of this forum :)
just one month ago u saw post after post "wah bubble already, must crash"/ "yea I agree. how can ppl afford ?".
now, where are those posts ? :D

there are a lot of new entrants of pty market here. personal opinion: if you are new to pty investment, make sure to buy it within your means. And you must have the stomach for risk taking. As squal88 said, it's useless to wait for bottom of bottom (as a way to be affordable. like, "oh if the price is 500psf like in AFC bottom then I can buy it"). Pty investment, you either have the means or you dun. Try not to "make it affordable". A lot of newspaper/forum complaints are in this group.

Now I'm "cautiously bullish" too. And I agree 1000% analysts are bs. My own view of the market is that: 1) high HDB resale supports mass market 2) pent-up demand causes current run 3) low interest rate will make it last for another 1y at least 4) foreign buying not yet started
You observed that the tune of this forum has changed.

I have also noticed that the analysts and the economists are singing a different song now.

Oh! Fiona Chan is listening to a different track now.

The big question is "will our government's tune change"? We will find out next Monday.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Government to raise GDP forecast?
Economists up predictions amid signs of strong Q3 but momentum doubtful
Fiona Chan
The Straits Times
Tuesday, 6 October 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091006/skylinespore-samuelhe.jpg
'There are clear signs of a broadening recovery,' said Citigroup economist Kit Wei Zheng. -- ST Photo: Samuel He

A higher official growth forecast may be on the cards next Monday when the Government is expected to announce that the economy continued to expand strongly in the third quarter.

Economists have upgraded their own forecasts recently as signs of a recovery grow firmer, and are predicting that growth for this year will come in well above the Government's current forecast of -6% to -4%.

Singapore bounced out of recession in the second quarter with a spectacular 20.7% jump in quarter-on-quarter growth, and most economists expect this double-digit growth momentum to have continued in the third quarter.

Some also believe growth for the quarter will come in positive in year-on-year terms - the first time since Singapore officially slipped into recession in the second quarter of last year.

Since June, factories have produced more than expected for 2 months in a row, due to a surge in demand for pharmaceuticals. Home sales have also been booming despite the downturn.

'There are clear signs of a broadening recovery,' said Citigroup economist Kit Wei Zheng.

Condorich
06-10-09, 14:09
This reporter is very talkative

:)

Thought his job is to report only... but got extra comments from him also... hmm.... A new breed of reporters?

stalingrad
06-10-09, 14:19
I heard that the sale of interlace has slowed down quite a bit recently. Does anyone have an update?

amk
06-10-09, 14:57
This reporter is very talkative

Thought his job is to report only... but got extra comments from him also... hmm.... A new breed of reporters?

it's a *her* okay :)

I happened to speak to her before a few yrs back when she's still junior, while reporting the bank loans "board rate" game. At that time she's very cautious abt giving her own opinion on a report. Now she's senior enough to write what she thinks.

Condorich
06-10-09, 15:02
oh.. okay.. no problem... i will remember that.

Reporter
06-10-09, 15:10
it's a *her* okay :)

I happened to speak to her before a few yrs back when she's still junior, while reporting the bank loans "board rate" game. At that time she's very cautious abt giving her own opinion on a report. Now she's senior enough to write what she thinks.
You mean you know Fiona Chan?

amk
06-10-09, 18:36
You mean you know Fiona Chan?
no I don't.
Is that a trick question ? :)

Reporter
06-10-09, 18:40
no I don't.
Is that a trick question ? :)
No trick lah!

I thought you know her since you mentioned you spoke to her a few years back.

jc
07-10-09, 01:00

I have also noticed that the analysts and the economists are singing a different song now.

The big question is "will our government's tune change"? We will find out next Monday.

I heard from "coffeeshop talk" that Fiona Chan was not an objective reporter. Last yr when Pty mkt was not doing that great, her fav stunt is to do selective reporting n exagerate the bad news. Think many seasoned player cannot tahan anymore "whack" her left right centre.

For a while she was "taken off duty" not reporting on pty related news, replaced by Jessica Cheam i think.

Then this yr she started to report again here n there. Noticed her tone different now. Not sure whether its due to 1) the lesson learnt previously after being "whacked" or 2) she is married this yr n has become a condo owner. In hindsight, some reckon she might be talking down the mkt previously to further some agenda.

pathetichindsight
07-10-09, 10:34
please note that newspaper reports are very seldom the work of just one reporter. Very often the reports are edited many times by several editors before being published, and the end product can be totally different from what the reporter wrote initially....very often, the eventual report reflects more of what the editor wants especially for a big story...

Reporter
08-10-09, 10:29
You may be right.

Perhaps buyers are skipping D3 The Interlace for other projects such as:
1. D12 Trevista with high of $1,222 psf,
2. D20 Centro Residences with high of $1,289 psf, and
3. D19 yet-to-launch condo with high of $1,100 psf or more (depending on developer's greed?)
?

http://sg.yimg.com/i/sg/providers/cnalogo4.gif
15 bids received for residential site at Serangoon Aveune 3
Channel NewsAsia
Wednesday, 7 October 2009, 1900 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpaGJBKb.jpg

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) received 15 bids at the close of the tender for the residential site at Serangoon Avenue 3 on Wednesday.

The site, which was originally on the Reserve List of the Government Land Sales Programme, was launched for public tender on September 9. The 99-year leasehold site has an area of about 13,877 square metres and a maximum permissible gross floor area of 38,857 square metres.

Intrepid Investments submitted the highest bid of S$221.2 million, followed by Tuas Hi-Tech Park at S$195.9 million and Keppel Land at S$190 million. The lowest bid of S$120 million came from Lippo Estates.

Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director, CBRE Research, said: "The popularity of the Serangoon Avenue 3 site is evidenced by the 15 bids that were submitted as well as their price quantum.

"Developers are very confident of this site because it is situated next to the Lorong Chuan MRT station and is close to the Australian International School. It is also close to amenities in Serangoon Gardens and the upcoming shopping mall, nex, at Serangoon Interchange station."

CBRE said the top bid of S$221.2 million works out to S$529 per square foot per plot ratio and is 164% above the reserve price of S$83.7 million.

"This price will likely translate into a breakeven price of about S$900 psf to S$950 psf for the future condominium project to be built on this site. Based on this breakeven estimate, the possible selling price could range from S$1,000 psf to S$1,100 psf," said Li.

Recent caveats of nearby properties - The Chuan, a 999-year leasehold condo development, and the freehold Goldenhill Park - showed selling prices ranging from S$830 to S$1,000 psf, while those in the 99-year leasehold The Springbloom were selling at S$600 to S$700 psf.

URA said a decision on the award of the tender for the Serangoon Avenue 3 site will be made after the bids have been evaluated.

jc
09-10-09, 11:25
please note that newspaper reports are very seldom the work of just one reporter. Very often the reports are edited many times by several editors before being published, and the end product can be totally different from what the reporter wrote initially....very often, the eventual report reflects more of what the editor wants especially for a big story...

I understand your pt. But somehow it is always Fiona Chan's articles that are subjective/ appear subjective n not other reporters. Look at today's ST article on pg A5 "Suburban home prices near highs of 2007-08". The article and the chart shown contradict each other. How can Esta, Southbank, City Sq, Citylights qualify as surburban properties. They are in the RCR region. She is just afraid to put in Charts to show prices in Casa Merah, Infiniti, Botannia, etc. to illustrate OCR properties pxs that have shot up tremendously way past previous peak. In fact the gap bet OCR & RCR ptys have narrowed as reflected in URA pty index. This is just another example of Fiona's selective reporting. :doh:

NoodyGirl
10-10-09, 09:24
judging from today's ads
agents themselves have bought Interlace and are looking to flip

after the earthquake one has to be more careful and go for conventional 100pct safety
BCA says our buildings are safe
but the world is ever changing
put 2mln into an asset, want to sleep soundly at nite

Capland shud have done Interlace with a garden theme instead of this outerspace style

xebay11
10-10-09, 13:39
Put 2 million in asset for 99yr lh property how to sleep soundly knowing that at the end of the lease the property no longer yours or your offsprings.

kal
10-10-09, 21:14
Don talk nonsense! Most expensive condo/apts in spore are 99yrs ok - MBR, Orchard residences... the latest SCGlobal sentosa...etc

Reporter
10-10-09, 21:39
We should all see it coming when AMK goes at 1200psf, and Balestier 1400psf.

Soon, nothing new will be below 2000psf...
Now that Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio and Serangoon (based on predicted launch price) have crossed $1,200 psf, perhaps we should now focus our attention on EC?

"Will EC cross $750 psf?"
I know $637 psf is still far from $750 psf but you never know.

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Prices of Nuovo EC cross $600psf on 'Centro-effect'
The Edge
Monday, 5 October 2009

There’s been a spurt in sales at Nuovo in Ang Mo Kio recently, after the executive condominium (EC) crossed the five-year minimum-occupation period. Seven units changed hands from Sept 4 to 11, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. In 2006 and 2008, there was only one transaction each, and two deals in 2007. Owners who sold recently are taking advantage of the “Centro-effect”, caused by the launch of giant property developer Far East Organization’s 329-unit Centro Residences in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8. Units there have been sold at an average of $1,179 psf from its launch in August to Sept 11, according to figures from URA Realis. Between Sept 4 and 11, an 893 sq ft unit sold for $1.07 million, or $1,199 psf.

Given that it’s a private condominium, Centro Residences doesn’t have the same restrictions that Nuovo, an EC, has. Under HDB rules, owners of ECs are only allowed to sell their units to Singapore citizens or permanent residents five years after the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP), which, for the 297-unit Nuovo, was in 2004. It’s only 10 years after TOP that units in ECs can be traded like any other private condominium in the resale market, with sales to foreigners allowed as well.

However, the owners of Nuovo should be delighted at transaction prices in the range of $477 to $637 psf, as they are the highest achieved since the property was launched at end-2001. Prices at that time were hovering at $400 psf.

For instance, a 1,119 sq ft unit on the ninth floor went for $710,000, or $634 psf. This is a gain of 52% for the original owner, who had purchased it from developer City Developments Ltd (CDL) for $467,276 in 2002. A larger unit on the 17th floor went for $1.2 million, or $477 psf. The 2,594 sq ft condominium was purchased for $812,746 in 2001.

Other condominiums along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9 have also benefited from the Centro effect, with a unit at Far Horizon Gardens, a condominium completed in the 1980s, changing hands in the resale market at $508 psf last month, the highest price psf achieved in the project this year.

Sellers are also benefiting from the recovery in the residential sector, which saw a marked 15.9% jump in the 3Q residential price index — the largest q-o-q increase seen in the index since 1981, according to URA’s 3Q flash estimate last week. As a result of this big increase, the 3Q price index is now 5.1% below that in 4Q2008 even though it registered a total decline of 18.1% in the first two quarters of 2009. The residential price index is more or less at the levels seen in 2Q2007.

ervino
11-10-09, 11:56
Ops! Please check carefully before you made such so sure statements (because what you said is not true - 100% sure!).

Don talk nonsense! Most expensive condo/apts in spore are 99yrs ok - MBR, Orchard residences... the latest SCGlobal sentosa...etc

xebay11
11-10-09, 15:44

Nope. Look around and widen your circle.

Reporter
12-10-09, 09:34

OK. This is good.
Our government have just changed their tune.

Shall I jam raggae instead of blues now?

http://www.afp.com/files/resources/image/en/logo.png
Singapore economy grows 0.8%
Agence France-Presse
Singapore
Monday, 12 October 2009

Singapore's economy grew by an estimated 0.8% in the three months to September from a year ago, the first such growth in five quarters, the government said Monday.

While gross domestic product (GDP) will fall in 2009, the government amended its full-year 2009 forecast to a contraction of 2.0 to 2.5%, well below the previous estimate of negative 4.0 to 6.0%.

"A clear but modest recovery is underway globally, at least for the next three or four quarters," the ministry of trade and industry said in a statement.

The year-on-year expansion confirmed Singapore's recovery from the worst recession in its history, which began in the second quarter of 2008.

ay123
12-10-09, 09:57
how is the interlace sale? anyone with update?? i find that project is really unique. is the investment potential really that bad? any expert can advise? or is it a better choice to put the money in caspian?

stalingrad
15-10-09, 12:36
Interest in this project has dropped or even died. No one cares anymore. heard that the developer has sold only a handful. is that true?

xebay11
15-10-09, 13:03
Interest in this project has dropped or even died. No one cares anymore. heard that the developer has sold only a handful. is that true?

Too many condos along AYE starting from Botannia to Interlace. Of course demand not there.

Number_9z
15-10-09, 13:08
Just picked up from ura website..Interlace sold 243 units out of the 360 launched in Sep! But of course its total units are 1040...

housewife
15-10-09, 13:18
Just picked up from ura website..Interlace sold 243 units out of the 360 launched in Sep! But of course its total units are 1040...
hundred trees total 396, launched 350, sold 327. i personally feel location of Interlace is better than hundred trees where half of the units are facing AYE. but why hundred trees seem to sell better. is Interlace priced higher? or units launched are the worst choices?

mcmlxxvi
15-10-09, 13:25
Too much bad publicity from Gillman Heights enbloc residents saga... lose faith in CapitaLand as a developer one can count upon?

stalingrad
15-10-09, 13:26
hundred trees total 396, launched 350, sold 327. i personally feel location of Interlace is better than hundred trees where half of the units are facing AYE. but why hundred trees seem to sell better. is Interlace priced higher? or units launched are the worst choices?

beats me. perhaps because hungry trees is freehold while shoelace is leasehold?

bargain hunter
15-10-09, 13:33
while psf is slightly more for interlace vs hundred trees, the absolute $ quantum is a lot more. buyers have reached breaking point in terms of quantum.

807sq ft units are priced at 8xxk to 9xxk and all launched ones are sold out. remaining 2 bedders are more than 1000sq ft and will cost more than 1m. buyers find it hard to stomach buying 2 bedders which are more than 1m in this location.

stalingrad
15-10-09, 13:33
Too much bad publicity from Gillman Heights enbloc residents saga... lose faith in CapitaLand as a developer one can count upon?

That tells you greed can destroy a good company. Liew mun leong is a greedy person; his paycheck is in the millions of dollars in 2008 and 2007 while shareholders suffer. Now, he is selling interlace at inflated prices and treated former residents with comtempt. Capitaland is in a world of trouble with him at the helm.

stalingrad
15-10-09, 13:36
while psf is slightly more for interlace vs hundred trees, the absolute $ quantum is a lot more. buyers have reached breaking point in terms of quantum.

807sq ft units are priced at 8xxk to 9xxk and all launched ones are sold out. remaining 2 bedders are more than 1000sq ft and will cost more than 1m. buyers find it hard to stomach buying 2 bedders which are more than 1m in this location.

agreed, unless greedy Liew chopped up interlace into tiny mouse holes and sell mouse holes only, interlace will never be sold out.

even CDL has trouble selling larger units at hungry trees.

Reporter
15-10-09, 13:39
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Interlace ..... RCR ........ 243 ......................... 243 ............................ 1,181 ............ 1,047 ............. 723
Can "two fall trees" (243) fight with Hundred "327" Trees?

stevenc
27-10-09, 12:31
Any updates to the progress of the sale? Seems very quiet. I have noticed the sales gallery at river valley seems empty these days.

stalingrad
27-10-09, 12:47
Any updates to the progress of the sale? Seems very quiet. I have noticed the sales gallery at river valley seems empty these days.

So does CDL's sales office at West Coast Drive for hungry trees. Sales have ground to a half for all condos, or so it seems.

ay123
27-10-09, 13:44

went to the showroom last week....is so quite. still find it a unique project but don have the "feel" by just looking at the model house. according to the agent, the actual showroom will be out probably early next year. the sales for this project is almost die off. will wait for the showroom then decide.....maybe will such lousy sale they might reduce price to get more sale.....:spliff:

august
27-10-09, 13:56

my friend went to the make-shift show room and kena traffic summon for illegal parking... needless to say very dulan lol

stevenc
27-10-09, 14:47
yeah.. i heard there will be an official launch in feb 10, when the showroom is ready. More units will be released then. Now what is on offer are the leftovers of the pre-launch phase.
Wonder whether will the price be lower next year?

ay123
27-10-09, 14:51
yeah.. i heard there will be an official launch in feb 10, when the showroom is ready. More units will be released then. Now what is on offer are the leftovers of the pre-launch phase.
Wonder whether will the price be lower next year?

hopefully they will reduce the price if the sales is not picking up. are u interested in this project too? wats yr view on this project? i find it unique but the price is too high.....

bargain hunter
27-10-09, 17:14
now they removed the stupid tent liao so can park inside the compound already. (there aren't any other cars other than agents' cars anyway LOL). think now your friend very dui.

my friend went to the make-shift show room and kena traffic summon for illegal parking... needless to say very dulan lol

bargain hunter
27-10-09, 17:16
normally capitaland does not reduce prices, even more so now that prices in general are not going down (yet). but heard that a few people who bought at pre launch returned their units.

stevenc
28-10-09, 12:59
hopefully they will reduce the price if the sales is not picking up. are u interested in this project too? wats yr view on this project? i find it unique but the price is too high.....

I am quite interested in the project because of the location i.e city fringe. These days, most condos near the city fringe are situated amongst hdb estates e.g. regency, metropolitan, ascentia sky etc and it may lose its exclusiveness. Interlace is about 1.5km away from the nearest cluster of HDB. Besides, I like it for its vicinity to the southern ridges. Layout-wise, its pretty neat and decently sized without much wastage of planter boxes and large balconies (depend on the floor plan you choose)

However, I feel the units facing the expressway will be noisy. Price is also expensive at about 1000-1100 psf, but compared to other projects nearby, I think its comparatively lower. Its not FH, but if you are living in it it may not really matter. Also, the nearest MRT will be labrador which is quite a distant, 1.5km?

I will plan to go down to the showroom when its ready and see the layout and finishing before deciding further.

pearly
28-10-09, 14:29
I am quite interested in the project because of the location i.e city fringe. These days, most condos near the city fringe are situated amongst hdb estates e.g. regency, metropolitan, ascentia sky etc and it may lose its exclusiveness. Interlace is about 1.5km away from the nearest cluster of HDB. Besides, I like it for its vicinity to the southern ridges. Layout-wise, its pretty neat and decently sized without much wastage of planter boxes and large balconies (depend on the floor plan you choose)

However, I feel the units facing the expressway will be noisy. Price is also expensive at about 1000-1100 psf, but compared to other projects nearby, I think its comparatively lower. Its not FH, but if you are living in it it may not really matter. Also, the nearest MRT will be labrador which is quite a distant, 1.5km?

I will plan to go down to the showroom when its ready and see the layout and finishing before deciding further.

Just to chip in, the better facing ones will go at higher price and will be gone fast. It can be a tough job to find a unit that you feel is the "best" as it can be like a maze especially if you just look at the model. Definitely one that needs alot of homework by serious buyers to get what they want.

Since the TOP is sometime later, capland may opt to sell it slow like keppel on carribean. So price wise, we would not be able to determine if there will be a discount from the current level.

pengful
02-11-09, 21:58
This project looks unique from a design standpoint and hope that people do not grow tired of it too quickly. Over time, function prevails over form.

stevenc
03-11-09, 08:03
This project looks unique from a design standpoint and hope that people do not grow tired of it too quickly. Over time, function prevails over form.

An agent told me that the design is iconic and has been "patented", so that no one else can copy it.

bargain hunter
03-11-09, 08:15
who would want to copy it anyway?

An agent told me that the design is iconic and has been "patented", so that no one else can copy it.

Regulators
03-11-09, 09:05
designs cannot be patented, it comes under registered design rights and copyright. Only things with industrial applications (e.g. Elevators/escalators) can be patented. the agent is talking from his/her butt...:doh:

proud owner
03-11-09, 22:24
designs cannot be patented, it comes under registered design rights and copyright. Only things with industrial applications (e.g. Elevators/escalators) can be patented. the agent is talking from his/her butt...:doh:

correct

design and fashion cannot be patented ..

thats why can buy much cheaper stuff at TJ MAXX for lookable , and same material for much cheaper than MACY's

also those stuff in Sin Siang Choon ..

stalingrad
04-11-09, 08:41
correct

design and fashion cannot be patented ..

thats why can buy much cheaper stuff at TJ MAXX for lookable , and same material for much cheaper than MACY's

also those stuff in Sin Siang Choon ..

so much for the pre-sale hype about this condo. never like the capitaland people, who are crafty and sneaky. So glad that no one wants to buy into into condo. I might be interested if the prices were in the neighborhood of 700psf. 1000psf. haha, no way.

xebay11
04-11-09, 09:38
so much for the pre-sale hype about this condo. never like the capitaland people, who are crafty and sneaky. So glad that no one wants to buy into into condo. I might be interested if the prices were in the neighborhood of 700psf. 1000psf. haha, no way.

You always interested in the project IF it is cheap LOL.

Reporter
04-11-09, 10:04
I have been to hillington green. Yes, it is ugly. the paint is peeling off, and the pools are dirty.

having said that, I might be interested if the price is around 650 psf, rather than 750 psf.
So what if it is nice?
If the price is high to me, I will not buy it and say it is ugly.

So what if it is ugly?
If the price is low to me, I will buy it and say it is nice.

Knight_Rider
04-11-09, 11:30
Any feng sui master here? Does sleeping with sharp edges pointing at you have any impact? :D

stevenc
04-11-09, 13:23

for that price.. i think you should consider units in Woodlands/Sembawang area.. even 100 trees which is further from the city center is higher than 700psf.

Reporter
04-11-09, 16:21
20 units were sold in October but the high of $1,152 psf is slightly lower than September's high of $1,181 psf.

Can it do better in November?

stevenc
04-11-09, 16:29
20 units were sold in October but the high of $1,152 psf is slightly lower than September's high of $1,181 psf.

Can it do better in November?

you r referring to 100 tree or interlace? curious, where u got the info from?

Reporter
04-11-09, 16:32
you r referring to 100 tree or interlace? curious, where u got the info from?
The Interlace, from http://www.streetsine.com/.

Only One Tree sold in October for $996 psf?

stevenc
04-11-09, 19:52

ok thanks.
How come in the streetsine, only 2 units for interlace were sold in Sep 09?
I thought I read somewhere that 233 out of the 360 units were sold during the prelauch in Sep?

sleek
04-11-09, 20:20
ok thanks.
I thought I read somewhere that 233 out of the 360 units were sold during the prelauch in Sep?

Think both URA & Streetsine figures are based on Caveats lodged which are normally a month later. :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
04-11-09, 21:34
the caveats are usually lodged at least 3 weeks after the actual purchase takes place. For new purchases, it could be lodged as late as more than 1 month.

ok thanks.

jonleelk
05-11-09, 08:20

That is actually the first caveat for the 300+ units sold during the first weekend. It is a 2+1 at #11-08.

bargain hunter
16-11-09, 12:14
wow, 12 options expired for The Interlace in October.

Reporter
16-11-09, 12:24
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Interlace .... RCR ........ 245 ......................... 14 .............................. 1,110 ............ 1,046 ............. 728
Still lower than September's $1,181 psf.

pearly
16-11-09, 16:50
wow, 12 options expired for The Interlace in October.

you super fast:)

azeoprop
16-11-09, 20:03
so any starbuys? :rolleyes: 2bedroom at 750psf? :p

stevenc
23-11-09, 10:53
Last weekend, i happen to drive by. They are starting to tear down the gillman heights blocks and the facade of the showflat is up which resembles 2 container blocks stacked on top of each other.

merlion
10-12-09, 21:47
Last weekend, i happen to drive by. They are starting to tear down the gillman heights blocks and the facade of the showflat is up which resembles 2 container blocks stacked on top of each other.

It seems that the show flat will also be unique and iconic. Sure attract new buyers to the condo.:)

amk
14-12-09, 12:24
looks like show flat is ready now. sign boards setup along alexandra/depot road, "open daily 10am-6pm".

Allthepies
14-12-09, 12:44
I would expect the units to have nice squarish/rectangular layouts, since the building is container shape, but it turned out otherwise... poor design in my opinion.

ay123
14-12-09, 13:28
I would expect the units to have nice squarish/rectangular layouts, since the building is container shape, but it turned out otherwise... poor design in my opinion.

is it really so bad? i would like to take a look too.

merlion
14-12-09, 14:20
is it really so bad? i would like to take a look too.
I must go to the showflat and take a look. Amk says the showflat is ready.:)

merlion
14-12-09, 14:28
I must go to the showflat and take a look. Amk says the showflat is ready.:)
I called Capland and was told it's only a bigger size sales gallery. The showflat is still not ready yet.;)

Regulators
14-12-09, 17:46
i think 750psf (thereabouts) was what the original owners were compensated for en bloc, is that correct?

so any starbuys? :rolleyes: 2bedroom at 750psf? :p

Reporter
15-12-09, 18:23
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2009

The Interlace ..... RCR ........ 252 .......................... 7 ............................... 1,213 ............ 1,039 ............. 847
Congratulations to The Interlace owners.
TI has just broken its launch's high of $1,181 psf with a new high of $1,213 psf!

NoodyGirl
16-12-09, 06:55
TI has just broken its launch's high of $1,181 psf with a new high of $1,213 psf!

median is just ard 1000 psf

Interlace condo is so huge, how to have upside when prices start to fall

for me this 1 will consider if drop to 900 psf

amk
16-12-09, 11:17
I called Capland and was told it's only a bigger size sales gallery. The showflat is still not ready yet.;)

... from outside looks ready leh ... U can see all the glass walls etc, and no more fencing around the show flat now, unlike last week. (I pass by this place every day.)
maybe just the internal furnishing not yet finished....

ay123
16-12-09, 12:42
... from outside looks ready leh ... U can see all the glass walls etc, and no more fencing around the show flat now, unlike last week. (I pass by this place every day.)
maybe just the internal furnishing not yet finished....

i tot the showflat is ready for viewing from 12 dec? rec'd sms from the agent i met previously when i went to showflat at river valley

bargain hunter
16-12-09, 12:55
i received an email which said, "We are launching the Viewing Gallery & the
Viewing Tower (You can go up and get a glimpse of the view
from the top) on dec 12."

so i guess its more of the same gallery relocated from river valley + a viewing tower. showflat maybe not ready yet.

i tot the showflat is ready for viewing from 12 dec? rec'd sms from the agent i met previously when i went to showflat at river valley

merlion
18-12-09, 18:16
Hi Reporter, may I know what is TI? Where did you get this $1213psf? Thanks.

Kellylee
08-01-10, 16:25
Any idea if 550K can get a unit at Interlace?

bargain hunter
08-01-10, 16:33
smallest unit during first phase was a 807sq ft 2 bedroom which went for above 800k. since there are no 1 bedrooms, unlikely to get a unit there for 550k.

merlion
08-01-10, 18:06

Went to the site and was amazed at the huge size of the condo. Lots of greens surrounding it. :)

Reporter
15-01-10, 22:23
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of December 2009

The Interlace ... RCR ....... 257 ...................... 5 ........................... 1,125 ........... 1,047 ........... 896
Can't break November's new high of $1,213 psf.

jonleelk
08-02-10, 08:48
Don't mind if I ask, is the actual showflat open for public viewing already?

amk
08-02-10, 15:45
I dun think so. I pass by this place every day. I think CAPL wants to get rid of the old blocks surrounding the show flat 1st. Over the past 2 months they have been really busy tearing down the old blocks. And it's almost finished. Now u have a real nice view atop the hill. 360 degree unobstructed. Very impressive. I'm sure this helps the selling.
As for the showflat itself, it's finished long time ago.
I have a feeling they will open the show flat right after CNY. (and IR should be opened by then)

merlion
08-02-10, 18:42
Don't mind if I ask, is the actual showflat open for public viewing already?
I was told by the sales staff that the show flat will be ready by March.

jonleelk
08-02-10, 21:48
I was told by the sales staff that the show flat will be ready by March.

Much tks. :)

merlion
11-03-10, 23:18
Received a sms from agent today. Interlace's showflat is ready and the second phase launch is on 27th March.:)

Regulators
12-03-10, 00:25
what is psf range?

Received a sms from agent today. Interlace's showflat is ready and the second phase launch is on 27th March.:)

merlion
12-03-10, 20:10
Not sure, I am going on the 28th Mar to check it out.:beats-me-man:

Regulators
13-03-10, 00:16
an agent told me 2 bedders (8xxsf) will be going at between $1200 to 1300psf. can u verify with ur agent?

Not sure, I am going on the 28th Mar to check it out.:beats-me-man:

merlion
27-03-10, 15:29
an agent told me 2 bedders (8xxsf) will be going at between $1200 to 1300psf. can u verify with ur agent?
Haven't got time to verify with agent, will do so 28th or 29th March. However, I read from Capitaland's website that the showflat was so impressive that the invited guests were wowed over by the showflat units. Also read that the new launch will be starting at $1200psf onwards.

hyip68034
27-03-10, 20:08
INTERLACE PHASE 2 UPDATE :

Pls note that the Interlace showflat will only opens on 2Apr.

For the phase 2 price :

2bdrm 807sq ft starts fr $12xx psf
2bdrm 10xxsq ft starts fr $11xx psf
3bdrm onwards starts fr $9xx psf

There are many more new facing units release for phase 2 and for those who book before Tues there's a special discount !!

Pls call 8189 1589 for the exact new released units and pricing !!

Interlace -- Iconic condo of Singapore & ... still the most attractive pricing too !!!

Reporter
28-03-10, 11:14
Haven't got time to verify with agent, will do so 28th or 29th March. However, I read from Capitaland's website that the showflat was so impressive that the invited guests were wowed over by the showflat units. Also read that the new launch will be starting at $1200psf onwards.
"hyip68034" says showroom will only open on 2 April.

adrienne
28-03-10, 23:32
IMHO, it looks like a jenga game about to topple over.

Condorich
29-03-10, 08:16
IMHO, it looks like a jenga game about to topple over.

You are probably right.. but not too soon... cannot risk anything before elections... all must be green and beautiful, peaceful and prosperous.

wilander
03-04-10, 14:43
Went to the showroom for phase 2 launch. Good location but most of the 2 bedders are taken except those stacks that are overshadowed by 'containers' above. Pricing for good facing 2 bedders range from 10xx to 12xx psf.

What do fellow property enthusiasts think about this project? Personally I find the surrounding greenery attractive and serene.

DC33_2008
03-04-10, 15:41
Went to the showroom for phase 2 launch. Good location but most of the 2 bedders are taken except those stacks that are overshadowed by 'containers' above. Pricing for good facing 2 bedders range from 10xx to 12xx psf.

What do fellow property enthusiasts think about this project? Personally I find the surrounding greenery attractive and serene.

What do you mean about good facing? Is it towards the sea? How high from the ground level?

wilander
03-04-10, 16:17
What do you mean about good facing? Is it towards the sea? How high from the ground level?

I should qualify what I said. I consider North/South orientation and South facing as good facing because I dislike afternoon sun. Others may prefer South/West or South/East which offers different orientation and view. Project is made up of 4 'container' levels. Each container has 6 floors. They have released the first and second container level, and limited units for third container level.

DC33_2008
03-04-10, 16:33
I should qualify what I said. I consider North/South orientation and South facing as good facing because I dislike afternoon sun. Others may prefer South/West or South/East which offers different orientation and view. Project is made up of 4 'container' levels. Each container has 6 floors. They have released the first and second container level, and limited units for third container level.

North, North-East ad North West facing unit facing the AYE?

wilander
03-04-10, 16:39
North, North-East ad North West facing unit facing the AYE?
Interlace is on a high ground above the AYE. Probably won't see the highway itself, but not sure of the noise.

Anyway am studying the brochure now. A bit disappointed the stacks I want are all gone.

DC33_2008
03-04-10, 16:46
Interlace is on a high ground above the AYE. Probably won't see the highway itself, but not sure of the noise.

Anyway am studying the brochure now. A bit disappointed the stacks I want are all gone.

Noise propagate in a radial manner. I believe those facing the AYE even on the high floor will hear it.

stalingrad
03-04-10, 17:46
understand that only 200 out of 1000 plus units have been released. so, what is the rush? and why are some of you despairing over the disappearing 2 bedders?

Prices are very high. only the units facing AYE are priced low enough for my budgets. I will give it a miss.

DC33_2008
03-04-10, 18:50
understand that only 200 out of 1000 plus units have been released. so, what is the rush? and why are some of you despairing over the disappearing 2 bedders?

Prices are very high. only the units facing AYE are priced low enough for my budgets. I will give it a miss.

How low is low for those facing AYE?

Reporter
03-04-10, 19:40
"hyip68034" says showroom will only open on 2 April.So how is the showroom doing?

stalingrad
03-04-10, 20:26

the lowest I saw was 872 psf for a 3 bedder. but the total quantum is high given that it is a large unit.

I wouldn't buy it because it would be very noisy.

DC33_2008
03-04-10, 20:34
the lowest I saw was 872 psf for a 3 bedder. but the total quantum is high given that it is a large unit.

I wouldn't buy it because it would be very noisy.

Wise Decision.

southpark2000
04-04-10, 09:30
http://freshome.com/2010/03/28/habitat-67-an-icon-of-permanent-modernity/#more-24943 :)

wilander
04-04-10, 09:51

Oh I rather keen on this area for own stay and the 2 bedders are adequately sized at 1055 to 1076 sq ft. Also main thing it is within my budget. Developer tactic is to gradually release better and better units at higher and higher prices. So I guess no choice will give this a miss as 3 bedder quantum is out of my budget. ;)

mcmlxxvi
04-04-10, 10:43
http://freshome.com/2010/03/28/habitat-67-an-icon-of-permanent-modernity/#more-24943 :)

So? We already have one similar icon in our island state...

Side by side comparison:
http://freshome.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/habitat-67-f.jpghttp://www.ura.gov.sg/spore1_1/island/buildings/15_Balestier%20Point.jpg

bargain hunter
04-04-10, 10:54
i always thought interlace was original. i guess not so original afterall. :tongue3: built so long ago somemore.

mcmlxxvi
04-04-10, 10:56
i always thought interlace was original. i guess not so original afterall. :tongue3: built so long ago somemore.

Ya. People need to open their eyes.

cheerful
04-04-10, 11:22
Ya. People need to open their eyes.

ya.... maintenance issues.....:doh:

august
04-04-10, 15:15
can lah, gd location not too close to HDB, can be iconic in the long run :o

southern ridges will have interesting structures such as interlace, reflections

merlion
06-04-10, 00:58
So how is the showroom doing?

I love the 4bedder showflat, with the huge balcony :) ....but not the price :scared-2:

Regulators
06-04-10, 01:22
I think for stacks 50m away and facing the expressway, between 6th to 15th floor is the worst due to the angle of projection. If you buy a unit about 20 floors, should be quite safe. Correct me if I am wrong.

ht
06-04-10, 22:02
Given that newer 3bedders in the west coast areas are already pushing $1M to $1.2M, and even higher at the Parc and Vision, Interlace's price point is probably not that far fetch, given its location, unique design, southern ridges, and facilities, the views from some of the units are also quite nice, especially looking towards the south.

Reporter
06-04-10, 22:16
Published April 6, 2010

UOL to preview Waterbank at Dakota

CapitaLand, meanwhile, sells 110 Interlace units over the weekend

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

Over the Good Friday weekend, CapitaLand sold a total 110 units at The Interlace in the Alexandra Road area at $850 psf - $1,300 psf. The property giant has sold more than 390 of the 490 units it has released to date in the 1,040-unit, 99-year leasehold condo.

A CapitaLand spokeswoman said yesterday that units in the latest phase are priced about 3-5% higher than the phase one units released in September last year (at $850-1,150 psf) as there are more units in the recent batch on higher floors or with better facing.

..........110 units is considered good and the pricing is competitive compared with The Vision, etc..

merlion
06-04-10, 23:53
110 units is considered good and the pricing is competitive compared with The Vision, etc..
I concur as the the location is way better...:)

calvenng
09-04-10, 09:56

Was impress with Capitalland 's plan for an excellent living experience for residents at Interlace. Have 8 courtyards with different themes ,Interlace will have one of the best facilities and landscape in Spore. Remember Varsity Park, no one was keen on this project until after its TOP. Now 2 yrs after TOP, prices shoot up to above $900 psf more than double from launched prices. Main reason - excellent landscape n facilities which create a very nice living environment.
Imagine living in these big development(Interlace) with so many gardens(ground n rooftop),pools,spa, waterfalls,ponds, retail shops etc n things to do, you can plan what to do everyday at your own home. Just like staying in a huge 5 star resort hotel or even a resort theme park .
Even though the interiors(tiles for flooring and so so finishes) was not what I expect for new condos, I m very excited about living there in the future.

merlion
10-04-10, 15:55
Was impress with Capitalland 's plan for an excellent living experience for residents at Interlace. Have 8 courtyards with different themes ,Interlace will have one of the best facilities and landscape in Spore. Remember Varsity Park, no one was keen on this project until after its TOP. Now 2 yrs after TOP, prices shoot up to above $900 psf more than double from launched prices. Main reason - excellent landscape n facilities which create a very nice living environment.
Imagine living in these big development(Interlace) with so many gardens(ground n rooftop),pools,spa, waterfalls,ponds, retail shops etc n things to do, you can plan what to do everyday at your own home. Just like staying in a huge 5 star resort hotel or even a resort theme park .
Even though the interiors(tiles for flooring and so so finishes) was not what I expect for new condos, I m very excited about living there in the future.

So did you buy a unit there? At what price, size and facing?:)

xtink
11-04-10, 23:36
went to the showflat today. heard abt 500+ units sold. Saw Liew ML there with a group of people probably his friends.

I'm actually impressed abt the space efficiency of the rooms. spacious master bedrooms and also the other rooms also, unlike most of the other projects where you see ID using the bay window as part of the bed frame, and still find the room very cramp. not the case in interlace. for the 2br, there is a balcony but not too much of it.

Design wise, fengshui aside, it could really be another iconic structure in singapore, much like the pinnacle@duxton where one look you feel the "might" of the building. most condos are typical tower blocks and uninteresting.

price wise, if you compare this to vision, interlace is definitely a better buy (IMHO) in terms of location and both also being LH. What the agent mentioned was very true, you can replace all the taps and floorings in the interlace to be same as Vision's, but you can never bring Vision location to interlace's location, both projects at around the same price. So my comparison here is relative between the 2 projects, no comments whether >1000psf is cheap or not. this i leave it to the individual.

Anyway, me just went to take a look only... not vested. :)

stalingrad
12-04-10, 12:13
My wife was not convinced. she argued, with validity, that the developer tried to save money on construction, and thus, the floor plans have many flaws. For example, each block is entirely rectangular, which will make the construction simple but make it hard for sunlight to penetrate into the recesses of each block. And many units have the misfortune of having toilets in the back, the consequence of which is that (1) high electric bill as a result of having to have the lights turned on all the time, (2) mildew and mould problems in the toilets, not to mention bad air circulation.

Another problem is that given the lego block on block architectural design, the elevator shaft cuts through each block at different angles. As a result, some units will have really odd shapes. I am not worried about fengshui, for that is just superstition. But the odd shape reduces space utilization efficiency. Some toilets have a triangular or even diamond shape, leaving the space behind the toilet bowl and other corners totally useless.

another problem is the design for the balcony, which for many units is not a balcony at all but rather a foyer given that it is part of the door way. another problem is that the kitchen, the maid's room and the maid's toilet are all together in this long tube, totally inaccessible by anyone but the maid. My wife called it the maid's queendom. Is that what you want? the maid can hide several boy friends in there day in and day out, and never get caught. or she might even grow marijuana there and you will never know.

in a word, bad design.

amk
12-04-10, 12:30
My wife was not convinced.
which part ? ;)

honestly just for pricing purpose, Interlace should sell higher than Vision. As a shareholder, I must complain. Liew sell it too cheap. :simmering: That's why CAPL SP is not doing well compared with 1 HK. :D

joke aside, I must say this Interlace has a really complicated design, and somewhat strange pricing. For example, the 3bds at stack 66 , super level 3 (that's 13-18 level), has the best facing, with 3 sides unblocked panaromic view, is only selling $1050psf. Whereas an inside stack, blocked by 2 sides, similar 3bds is doing $1100. No wonder 66 is sold within an hour.

Btw does anyone know of any other project that has the similar rubbish chute system ?

bargain hunter
12-04-10, 13:34
could it be that because stack 66 is facing a heavy vehicle carpark?

which part ? ;)

honestly just for pricing purpose, Interlace should sell higher than Vision. As a shareholder, I must complain. Liew sell it too cheap. :simmering: That's why CAPL SP is not doing well compared with 1 HK. :D

joke aside, I must say this Interlace has a really complicated design, and somewhat strange pricing. For example, the 3bds at stack 66 , super level 3 (that's 13-18 level), has the best facing, with 3 sides unblocked panaromic view, is only selling $1050psf. Whereas an inside stack, blocked by 2 sides, similar 3bds is doing $1100. No wonder 66 is sold within an hour.

Btw does anyone know of any other project that has the similar rubbish chute system ?

stalingrad
12-04-10, 14:02
could it be that because stack 66 is facing a heavy vehicle carpark?

We almost booked one unit at stack 66. No, the stack was not sold out in one hour. We were in the showflat the second day, and the unit on the 7th floor was still available.

I almost handed the check to the agent, when my wife emerged from the showflat and stopped me. She said the same thing, that it would be very noisy given that it was right on top of the entrance and exit of the underground carpark.

I could tell the agent was going to kill my wife, so I dragged her out of the galley and drove home.

amk
12-04-10, 15:47
We almost booked one unit at stack 66... and the unit on the 7th floor was still available...

.... hmm I think we are talking abt diff block. I'm referring to the container that's on the 3rd level, so it has only level 13-18. Level 7 is at the 2nd level container, the orientation is different. For [13-18]-66 the container is pointing towards depot rd/ telok blangah hills. At 18th floor agent claimed u can see Sentosa (which is of course not true, but the direction is correct)

ht
12-04-10, 18:10
We almost booked one unit at stack 66. No, the stack was not sold out in one hour. We were in the showflat the second day, and the unit on the 7th floor was still available.

I almost handed the check to the agent, when my wife emerged from the showflat and stopped me. She said the same thing, that it would be very noisy given that it was right on top of the entrance and exit of the underground carpark.

I could tell the agent was going to kill my wife, so I dragged her out of the galley and drove home.

after your post on what your wife said, I think the agent is not the only one.

ht
12-04-10, 18:17
.... hmm I think we are talking abt diff block. I'm referring to the container that's on the 3rd level, so it has only level 13-18. Level 7 is at the 2nd level container, the orientation is different. For [13-18]-66 the container is pointing towards depot rd/ telok blangah hills. At 18th floor agent claimed u can see Sentosa (which is of course not true, but the direction is correct)

agree with u, the south facing units have one of the best view towards the southern ridges, hort park and beyond, panaromic and unblocked coz there are only trees. unless it's 5th or 6th floor and below.

Regulators
12-04-10, 18:31
went down to showflat over the wkend. Wasnt impressed wth interior coz developer used homogeneous tiles instead of marble n the cabinet designs look passe. Master bdrm has is surrounded by huge bay windows. Units facing depot rd has sme of the better views n the 9 courtyards are quite impressive. I was quoted 1.05mil to 1.2 mil for 2 beddrs whch translate to 1200-1300psf.

jasonyap
15-04-10, 02:36
went down to showflat over the wkend. Wasnt impressed wth interior coz developer used homogeneous tiles instead of marble n the cabinet designs look passe. Master bdrm has is surrounded by huge bay windows. Units facing depot rd has sme of the better views n the 9 courtyards are quite impressive. I was quoted 1.05mil to 1.2 mil for 2 beddrs whch translate to 1200-1300psf.

Still got 1.05m ? The lowest I get was 1.15m for 7th floor... still considering..

acewee
16-04-10, 00:21
Doesn't anyone feel that the 4 bedder showflat living/dinning area is almost too big? Maybe its the bad ID.

merlion
16-04-10, 14:10
Doesn't anyone feel that the 4 bedder showflat living/dinning area is almost too big? Maybe its the bad ID.
Actually I kind of like the 4 bedder living and balcony area, imagine facing the lush greenery and fresh air...ooh so nice...:)

urban
16-04-10, 16:12

Big is always bigger if you can afford.

acewee
17-04-10, 22:39
I also agree. I'm just refering to the showflat. The ID seemed to make it feel that even if slightly smaller, the impact on spaciousness wouldn't be too great but on the pocket will be significant.

Big is always bigger if you can afford.

19-04-10, 00:19
Went down to the showflat over the weekend, the interior is nothing to shout about. The impressive thing about the development is really the design and space utilisation (waterfall terrace, babmboo garden...). But then again this will house 3000+ pple so there must be enough facilities for all. 1 thing i noted, with the unique stacking design, this allowed the developer to sell many more roof terrace and gardens.

Was quoted $1.4m for a 1259 sq ft 3 bedder on the 2nd blk facing depot road (about $1,100 psf).

Reporter
17-05-10, 17:15
The Interlace in District 3 has a nëw hïgh of $1,305 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
The Interlace ... RCR ........ 461 ...................... 144 ........................ 1,305 ........... 1,067 ........... 825

stalingrad
10-06-10, 11:58
Could someone give us an update on this "iconic" project in singapore? looks like interest in this condo has completely died out. Heard that the developer is planning a promotion, whatever that means.

ay123
10-06-10, 12:01
Could someone give us an update on this "iconic" project in singapore? looks like interest in this condo has completely died out. Heard that the developer is planning a promotion, whatever that means.

really! wat kind of promotion? tot this project is selling quite smoothly, only left with bigger units

august
10-06-10, 12:25
think left with 3 bedders and above and less preferred facings, quantum quite big even though psf is low

tericia
10-06-10, 12:44
maid has a private toilet so kinda weird my kids gotta share toilet but maid got her own.

Toilet face entrance so fengshui not good, but that's just me

Family room face kitchen entrance, which usually family room's private. So cooking smell etc & non privacy also quite weird for me.

ht
10-06-10, 15:37
really! wat kind of promotion? tot this project is selling quite smoothly, only left with bigger units
they have sold 500 out of 590 units launched so far. phase 2 launch on the way, standby for release of 2 bedders hotcakes, psf increased slightly to av of $1300 for smallest 807 sqft unit.

august
10-06-10, 16:45
they have sold 500 out of 590 units launched so far. phase 2 launch on the way, standby for release of 2 bedders hotcakes, psf increased slightly to av of $1300 for smallest 807 sqft unit.

these should be 3rd level containers upwards ~

DW
10-06-10, 22:23
Admittedly, I must say the design and relative layout of the apartment blocks is rather unusual, interesting and perhaps "iconic". But having such container-like, "iconic" cuts both ways.

It will be elegantly iconic, only if the construction and workmanship (exterior of the building and quality of its external finishings) are top notch. If the external building quality and finishing appears cheap and mediocre, there is a high risk that this squarish container-like looking design may start to look

1. cheap
2. public-housing looking

amongst others. Given the track record and credential of capitaland in their residential development thus far - to each its own opinion and view.

DW
10-06-10, 22:44
Admittedly, I must say the design and relative layout of the apartment blocks is rather unusual, interesting and perhaps "iconic". But having such container-like, "iconic" cuts both ways.

It will be elegantly iconic, only if the construction and workmanship (exterior of the building and quality of its external finishings) are top notch. If the external building quality and finishing appears cheap and mediocre, there is a high risk that this squarish container-like looking design may start to look

1. cheap

amongst others. Given the track record and credential of capitaland in the their residential development quality thus far - to each its own opinion and view.

merlion
12-06-10, 17:52

1. cheap

amongst others. Given the track record and credential of capitaland in the their residential development quality thus far - to each its own opinion and view.

This development when completed is definitely going to be one of the iconic buildings in Singapore. The design is unusual and huge, and is visible from afar. With HPL as its partner ( renown for quality condos ), I am sure the design and quality would not be compromised. The downside is the hugh size of the units making them very expensive.:ashamed1:

stalingrad
12-06-10, 20:18
This development when completed is definitely going to be one of the iconic buildings in Singapore. The design is unusual and huge, and is visible from afar. With HPL as its partner ( renown for quality condos ), I am sure the design and quality would not be compromised. The downside is the hugh size of the units making them very expensive.:ashamed1:

that is not the only downside. what turned me off is the irregular shapes of many units. so many odd looking corners and odd looking rooms.

Laguna
12-06-10, 21:49
most of the units have no cross ventaliation....good luck

devilplate
12-06-10, 21:55

how many new projects got cross ventilation these days? when i mean cross ventilation: meaning single loading layout, smthing like Sky11

i got many units in various projects with no cross ventilations and guess wat...dun nid luck and price still appreciate:D

however, i prefer x ventilation layout for my self stay...:D

amk
12-06-10, 22:53
how many new projects got cross ventilation these days? when i mean cross ventilation: meaning single loading layout

meadows@peirce is single loading.

devilplate
13-06-10, 01:23
meadows@peirce is single loading.

i visited ritz regency along haig rd b4...also single loading with sort of 270degree view...not bad...ard 1050psf still can nego...was quite tempted until i went to see the pool:scared-3:

meadows nice project for self stay...certain facing very quiet and serene...they got dog lawn! gd for doggy lovers :D

i like some units at meadows whereby the main door enters into the balcony...nice:D

august
13-06-10, 02:03
think interlace also got doggy lawn ~

bargain hunter
13-06-10, 15:09
trillium also pte lift open into balcony, i think twin regency and regency suites also main door opens into balcony. my question is if it is raining heavily, enter own house door liao still get wet? LOL. :ashamed1:

i visited ritz regency along haig rd b4...also single loading with sort of 270degree view...not bad...ard 1050psf still can nego...was quite tempted until i went to see the pool:scared-3:

meadows nice project for self stay...certain facing very quiet and serene...they got dog lawn! gd for doggy lovers :D

i like some units at meadows whereby the main door enters into the balcony...nice:D

acewee
13-06-10, 18:32
Sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean by cross ventilation? Front and back no blocking?

merlion
13-06-10, 20:09
Sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean by cross ventilation? Front and back no blocking?

If that's the case, can open the front door all the time while keeping the living windows open as well. Sure got all sorts of cross ventilation...:D

stalingrad
13-06-10, 20:41
If that's the case, can open the front door all the time while keeping the living windows open as well. Sure got all sorts of cross ventilation...:D

Not going to help. your will still have mildew and mould problems with your bathrooms/toilets. every block at the interlace is solid block, like a black hole.

acewee
13-06-10, 21:55
Er, I'm asking a question, not making a statement. Are you trying to explain it to me or just as ignorant as me and making a smart-&#% (smart-@#%) comment?

merlion
13-06-10, 21:59
Er, I'm asking a question, not making a statement. Are you trying to explain it to me or just as ignorant as me and making a smart-&#% comment?
Don't get so uptight, it was a smart aleck answer.:scared-2:

merlion
13-06-10, 22:10
Er, I'm asking a question, not making a statement. Are you trying to explain it to me or just as ignorant as me and making a smart-&#% comment?
Frankly, after some serious thought, cross ventilation may refer to buildings having uninterrupted flow of air from front to back, and may also be applicable to individual units.
Any experts out there care to enlighten?:)

DC33_2008
13-06-10, 22:24
Frankly, after some serious thought, cross ventilation may refer to buildings having uninterrupted flow of air from front to back, and may also be applicable to individual units.
Any experts out there care to enlighten?:)

Cross ventilation occurs in premises with air coming in on one side from door or windows and leaving from the other side via a window or door. This is a more effective way of ventilating buildings. Single-sided ventilation is when air comes in from one side only. This is less effective. Anything more than 10m has to be design for cross ventilaton.

merlion
13-06-10, 22:29
Cross ventilation occurs in premises with air coming in on one side from door or windows and leaving from the other side via a window or door. This is a more effective way of ventilating buildings. Single-sided ventilation is when air comes in from one side only. This is less effective. Anything more than 10m has to be design for cross ventilaton.
Thanks, spot on.:)

acewee
13-06-10, 22:34
Thanks for the explanation.

merlion
13-06-10, 22:39
Thanks, spot on.:)
This explanation will effectively mean that most units at the Interlace will not have cross vent as they are designed differently.
But why did the developer say ( in the brochure ) that this project has good cross ventilation because of the unique design?

august
13-06-10, 22:54
This explanation will effectively mean that most units at the Interlace will not have cross vent as they are designed differently.
But why did the developer say ( in the brochure ) that this project has good cross ventilation because of the unique design?

it was explained to me that the project sits on a higher elevation than its surroundings, the blocks are stacked zig zag criss cross such that front and back has no blocking and air can flow in and out from all sides.. something like that. :spliff2:

Komo
13-06-10, 23:02
But the blocks are arranged in circles. I doubt if ventilation will be good. I think it will be more like hot and humid.

proud owner
13-06-10, 23:12
But the blocks are arranged in circles. I doubt if ventilation will be good. I think it will be more like hot and humid.

i am not sure

but in Manhattan ... its a grid system ..

so wind actually get reflected in many directions

often time .. when i walk along a street or avenue .. i get wind coming from left, then right, then front, and back ... all within 20-30 steps ...

maybe Interlace's system will have that same effect ...

kane
13-06-10, 23:19
the grid system can create really gusty wind tunnels.

proud owner
13-06-10, 23:23
the grid system can create really gusty wind tunnels.

yes

i have given up using umbrellas ... a decent rain coat is much better ...

anyway ..umbrellas are useless when the rain comes in all directions ...

kane
13-06-10, 23:34
there was this time when i was in chicago downtown. you needed a coat in the "shopping" mile but the minute you stepped out to the michigan lake side, there was no wind at all and had to take off the jacket.

DC33_2008
13-06-10, 23:55
Besides the layout of the apartment, it also depends on the prevailing wind direction: NE and SW in Singapore.

kane
14-06-10, 00:02
this has a pretty iconic architecture but i have my reservations of those units with a horizontal stack resting right above it. it's like have a big beam pressing down on your unit.

proud owner
14-06-10, 00:03
this has a pretty iconic architecture but i have my reservations of those units with a horizontal stack resting right above it. it's like have a big beam pressing down on your unit.

is it true that there are circular pillars within the unit ?

kane
14-06-10, 00:06
i haven't checked out the actual units of interlace. the last time i saw a round pillar was in one unit in St Regis. and if I remember correctly, there were 2. yucks.

proud owner
14-06-10, 00:10
i haven't checked out the actual units of interlace. the last time i saw a round pillar was in one unit in St Regis. and if I remember correctly, there were 2. yucks.

maybe sellers should advise their agents to target indian buyers ...

opps ...

Komo
14-06-10, 00:14
One of the rooms I saw has a pillar running near to the corner creating a space or gap. The agent says can use for storage!

proud owner
14-06-10, 00:21
One of the rooms I saw has a pillar running near to the corner creating a space or gap. The agent says can use for storage!

hahahh what can we say about these agents ?

well ...maybe some MM unit owners who have intelligently modified furnitures to fit they tiny units with bay windows ..can advise or introduce their carpenters/contractors who specialise in baywindow, odd corners, pillars ...etc

drill a hole the size of the pillar, cut it into 2 halves ...then WRAP it around the pillar ... dang dang ... usable space now ...

kane
14-06-10, 01:17

what on earth were the designers thinking?? frankly, i think it's the dumbest design, to have a round pillar in the house to get in your way.

bargain hunter
14-06-10, 10:07
i am not sure how true it is. an agent ever explained to me that normally where there are big balconies or very glassy windows/sliding door units, u can find these round pillars near them to support the largely glass structure/wall.

sleek
14-06-10, 10:12
Believe these columns are mainly found where the stacks intersect each other, near the end of the blocks. :rolleyes:

urban
14-06-10, 10:16
Not many condos will have cross ventilation as it mean only 1 stack for each floor/direction.

I also think in fengshui, if you have absolute cross ventilation all the riches that come in will go out.

devilplate
14-06-10, 10:22
i am not sure how true it is. an agent ever explained to me that normally where there are big balconies or very glassy windows/sliding door units, u can find these round pillars near them to support the largely glass structure/wall.

not such thing...such pillars appears only when ur living or bedrm got 180degree windows(like got windows facing north and also east for eg.) the pillar is a structural beam to support the whole building. my current got one such pillar in one of my common rooms:D
bopian lor...doesnt looks nice, however, i suggest not to deco the pillar as it will look even more obvious!

pavilion 11 aso got such pillar..

devilplate
14-06-10, 10:25
Not many condos will have cross ventilation as it mean only 1 stack for each floor/direction.

I also think in fengshui, if you have absolute cross ventilation all the riches that come in will go out.

interesting opinion on FS, or mabe redesign so tat only riches flow in and bad stuff flow out? :D

however, i nvr believe in FS. only make urself more confident i suppose...lol

kane
14-06-10, 10:48
That's why they use a partition to slow down the pass through of feng shui.

bargain hunter
14-06-10, 12:39
that's true for interlace.

Believe these columns are mainly found where the stacks intersect each other, near the end of the blocks. :rolleyes: