PDA

View Full Version : Soil Testing Along Marine Parade Rd

beachball8
03-09-09, 10:33
Anyone notice the soil testing along Marine Parade road? Is this for MRT?

Is the new Eastern Line completely underground?

xebay11
03-09-09, 10:52

Can't be for new golf course right?

beachball8
03-09-09, 10:57
Can't be for new golf course right?

er... that's quite a lame joke.

Douk
03-09-09, 11:00

how many and where did you see along the marine parade ?
someone mentioned there is one soil tester opposite parkway, from another thread.

xebay11
03-09-09, 11:24
er... that's quite a lame joke.

Sorry for the lame joke, but if the soil testing is really being carried out opp PP, this would mean that FEO had accurate information after all, just that it was leaked information and the higher up somebody did not like that info was leaked, poor FEO buggers had to remove the MRT stations from the ads just because the person(s) who leaked the info wanted to cover his own arse and had to officially declare that no such info was given or is available.

Just like IR, the top already knew it was go 10 years ago that is why they built T3 and reclaimed land at Sentose many years before the IR was officially announced.

sealover
03-09-09, 12:16

Hi Beachball8,

where did you see them now? I thought the massive soil test started two months ago and now almost done at Tanjong Rhu.

Make a lot of sense to do it underground in land scare S'pore.

smartinvest
03-09-09, 12:25
I saw them testing along Marine Parade Road about 3 weeks ago along several spots just outside Mandarin Garden and Neptune Court. The MRT Track should be along Marine Parade Road close to the pavement from Mandarin Garden to VJC.

I think the location of the Stations will be announced soon .

alamak
03-09-09, 12:56
I saw them testing along Marine Parade Road about 3 weeks ago along several spots just outside Mandarin Garden and Neptune Court. The MRT Track should be along Marine Parade Road close to the pavement from Mandarin Garden to VJC.

I think the location of the Stations will be announced soon .
Heard this line due for completion in 2016. So not much time left, LTA must announce soon as undergound construction means Tunnelling Boring Machine (TBM) and these takes time. Likely at same time as the announcement of CCL1/CCL2 launch date next year. MY guess is just CCL1/CCL2 launch before CNY in 2010. :D

venus
03-09-09, 13:11
Spotted the soil test near katong park as well ...

acewee
03-09-09, 13:59
Anyone seen this before? Heard the eastern line will be part of DTL3.

beachball8
03-09-09, 21:35
Will the eastern line be completely underground?

amleth
13-09-09, 23:49
Anyone seen this before? Heard the eastern line will be part of DTL3.

That's a ridiculous design! Who would want to take a train from Marine Parade at all (unless they're going to Tampines) ?

mycom47
14-09-09, 09:02
Saw 3 ongoing soil testings along Marade Road (opp Marine Drive, opp MP CC, one at former cinema) yesterday.

Some more at near Victoria secondary school.

xebay11
14-09-09, 09:19
Saw 3 ongoing soil testings along Marade Road (opp Marine Drive, opp MP CC, one at former cinema) yesterday.

Near Victoria Secondary school, isn't that reclaimed land?

sealover
14-09-09, 09:41
Quote from a post in CNA forum in Apr 09:

MARINE PARADE MRT WILL BE BUILT IN THE PLOT OF LAND NEXT TO PARKWAY PARADE....

AFFECTED BLOCKS 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89 AND 88 will be replaced by MRT STATION with Commercial Offices, Shopping Mall, Hotel, Entertainment Centre, with MRT Direct Exit Link to the Beach, and from Beach to BIG SPLASH will be another BEACHSIDE MALL like the ALAMOANA Center in Honolulu Hawaii.

The plans are to ease congestion in CITY and Kallang Youth Center and to provide a convenient working place for the many residents of the CONDOMIUMS in the KATONG.

KATONG MALL will be another SHOPPING COMPLEX with 5 STAR HOTEL by TUAN SING, COLD STORAGE will be future ANCHOR TENANT 24HOURS OPERATION in the NEW KATONG MALL HOTEL.

Unquote

proud owner
14-09-09, 09:44

sometimes residents complain wall cracking ... soil tests maybe to test soil compact-ness ... not necessarily means for MRT

walau eh .. dont jump in and start buying ..

why dont you go see you MP and ask ...are those soil testing for MRT ... ?

xebay11
14-09-09, 10:09
sometimes residents complain wall cracking ... soil tests maybe to test soil compact-ness ... not necessarily means for MRT

Wall cracking, is no good, as the whole MP is on reclaim land and the land may be shifting, better not buy, sometimes owners may know that the building got structural problems, buyer not aware, so better not go and pay record price and end up with structurally unstable building and lose life savings.

xebay11
14-09-09, 10:12

AFFECTED BLOCKS 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89 AND 88 will be replaced by MRT STATION with Commercial Offices, Shopping Mall, Hotel, Entertainment Centre, with MRT Direct Exit Link to the Beach, and from Beach to BIG SPLASH will be another BEACHSIDE MALL like the ALAMOANA Center in Honolulu Hawaii.

The plans are to ease congestion in CITY and Kallang Youth Center and to provide a convenient working place for the many residents of the CONDOMIUMS in the KATONG.

KATONG MALL will be another SHOPPING COMPLEX with 5 STAR HOTEL by TUAN SING, COLD STORAGE will be future ANCHOR TENANT 24HOURS OPERATION in the NEW KATONG MALL HOTEL.

Unquote

Then what FEO put in ads is all true, Why LTA deny this information regarding FEO advertisements?

etml
14-09-09, 10:36

Wah u mean everytime residents complain about wall cracking they conduct soil test? The soil tests are being carried out along whole stretch of marine parade rd, amber road and mountbatten rd all the way to fort rd. There are sure hell lots of residents complaints all at the same time :D

sealover
14-09-09, 10:55
they use LTA road cones :D

proud owner
14-09-09, 11:09
Wah u mean everytime residents complain about wall cracking they conduct soil test? The soil tests are being carried out along whole stretch of marine parade rd, amber road and mountbatten rd all the way to fort rd. There are sure hell lots of residents complaints all at the same time :D

i believe i said "sometimes" so you need not exagerate ..

anyway do you have any idea how long it would take from soil test to completion , to opening of the MRT service ??

i am saying ... dont jump in now .. maybe too early ... buy now .. by then your property may be too old ... and cannot command as much as you pay today ...ESPECIALLY when people (developers) already pricing in FUTURE value ...

xebay11
14-09-09, 11:19

anyway do you have any idea how long it would take from soil test to completion , to opening of the MRT service ??

i am saying ... dont jump in now .. maybe too early ... buy now .. by then your property may be too old ... and cannot command as much as you pay today ...ESPECIALLY when people (developers) already pricing in FUTURE value ...

I beg to differ on not jumping in now, I thought that once the MRT is confirmed for that location, the values of surrounding properties would rise astronomically, regardless of what you originally paid for it. But you could also be right with the crazy pricing these days......so I would call this one "plausible".

East Coast Boy
14-09-09, 11:38

Unquote

FYI AFFECTED BLOCKS 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89 AND 88 just get their Lift upgraded. How to built MRT ??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

etml
14-09-09, 11:38

You are right man. It could be residents complain of wall cracking SOMETIMES or it could be mrt that probably only to be completed in 2020. Better go ask MP before buying.

jc
17-09-09, 01:47
Wall cracking, is no good, as the whole MP is on reclaim land and the land may be shifting, better not buy, sometimes owners may know that the building got structural problems, buyer not aware, so better not go and pay record price and end up with structurally unstable building and lose life savings.

Then Sail & MBR is dangerous... as they are on recently reclaimed land.

xebay11
17-09-09, 08:03
Then Sail & MBR is dangerous... as they are on recently reclaimed land.

Yes, but not sure if newly reclaimed, or old reclaimed is more dangerous.

sealover
17-09-09, 10:17
FYI AFFECTED BLOCKS 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89 AND 88 just get their Lift upgraded. How to built MRT ??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I checked the street dir, except Blk 79 which is a point block, the rest are 2 storey HDB shop houses... My friend has a noodle stall in the market told me HDB not renewing his lease expiring in 8 yrs. Those lift upgrading are going on from blk 74 onwards opposite... 4 room left with 70 yrs lease still can fetch $420K COV >10K. May be >$100K COV once MRT station is confirmed :spliff: ......

Douk
17-09-09, 11:23
I checked the street dir, except Blk 79 which is a point block, the rest are 2 storey HDB shop houses... My friend has a noodle stall in the market told me HDB not renewing his lease expiring in 8 yrs. Those lift upgrading are going on from blk 74 onwards opposite... 4 room left with 70 yrs lease still can fetch $420K COV >10K. May be >$100K COV once MRT station is confirmed :spliff: ......

it depends the enbloc is taken over by government or private contractors.:D

sealover
17-09-09, 11:53
Ya, just like the billion dollar MegaMall next to Serangoon MRT tendered out to private for 30 yrs .. - government collect land sale $ wait 30 yrs take back or extend with more $ ...

24-09-09, 17:46

Unquote

Not sure who the guy who said all this but I started to believe him when I noted that one soil test site infront of Parkway Parade has been going on for weeks telling me (an engineer ) that something deep and big will be done around the area.

passivity
14-10-09, 23:36
Wonder after the recent earthquakes and tremors felt in parts of Singapore will affect the plans or even architectural conditions.

Wolverine23
23-05-10, 08:02
Sorry for the lame joke, but if the soil testing is really being carried out opp PP, this would mean that FEO had accurate information after all, just that it was leaked information and the higher up somebody did not like that info was leaked, poor FEO buggers had to remove the MRT stations from the ads just because the person(s) who leaked the info wanted to cover his own arse and had to officially declare that no such info was given or is available.

Just like IR, the top already knew it was go 10 years ago that is why they built T3 and reclaimed land at Sentose many years before the IR was officially announced.

it is a bit old. but where to find this advent of MRT opp PP?

marktkt22
29-05-10, 01:40
it is a bit old. but where to find this advent of MRT opp PP?

same question here... does anyone has the advert ..?:scared-4:

kEN9170
29-05-10, 08:56
The same for old Waterfront Key ads. The station just behind waterfront key was removed from the ad.

Wolverine23
10-06-10, 16:55
no one has the adverts?