PDA

View Full Version : Hundred Trees (Former Hong Leong Garden @West Coast Drive)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lucas
06-08-09, 01:04
I got an sms from an agent saying that it will be launching after seventh month (Sept). Average price around $800 psf... Dont know it is true or not... the price seems ok. Does anyone have other information

PropertiesHunter
06-08-09, 14:24
Hundred Trees @ Hong Leong Gardens

West Coast Drive
1br 475sqft 22 units
2br 775sqft 66 units
2+1 885sqft 84units
3br 1130sqft 70units
3+1br 1270sqft 80units
4br 1453sqft 68units
PH 4/4+1 3350sqft 6units
8 Blocks 12 Storey
Land 24,800.5sqm
956yrs Fr 27/05/1928 Leasehold
50m Pool, Tennis Court

800psf only apply on PH unit, the rest est 850psf and above
Studio unit will be fully book by staffs & invited Business partners of CDL before VVIP launch same like Optimal@ TM.

Do those who miss Carabella, The Parc, or Botannia can try queueing for this now. Haha.:)

jitkiat
06-08-09, 14:30
Are they going to plant 100 trees to block off the noise from AYE ?

cheerful
06-08-09, 15:24
Only 1-size for 1 br, 2br .... or u got various sizes .. confirm no range?

1br 475sqft 22 units
2br 775sqft 66 units
2+1 885sqft 84units
3br 1130sqft 70units
3+1br 1270sqft 80units
4br 1453sqft 68units
PH 4/4+1 3350sqft 6units
8 Blocks 12 Storey
Land 24,800.5sqm
50m Pool, Tennis Court

jonleelk
06-08-09, 15:53

West Coast Drive
1br 475sqft 22 units
2br 775sqft 66 units
2+1 885sqft 84units
3br 1130sqft 70units
3+1br 1270sqft 80units
4br 1453sqft 68units
PH 4/4+1 3350sqft 6units
8 Blocks 12 Storey
Land 24,800.5sqm
50m Pool, Tennis Court

1130 for a 3-bedder veri the small... :(

boeing777
06-08-09, 16:32

2+1 in Carabelle is 947 sq ft
2 room in Carabelle is 883 sq ft.

and i find its already very small

sleek
06-08-09, 16:36
2+1 in Carabelle is 947 sq ft
2 room in Carabelle is 883 sq ft.

and i find its already very small

If layout have bay windows, balcony & planter, then lagi smaller. :scared-4:

teddybear
06-08-09, 16:37
Already slightly bigger than a 5-room new HDB flat you know (although the new 5-room HDB is about same size as old 4-room HDB - Time to change HDB pricing to $PSF rather than based on "x"-room! Ha ha!). :cheers1:
Does the 1130 sqft come with excessive planter area, PES, air-con ledge, balcony etc?

stalingrad
06-08-09, 16:44
Already slightly bigger than a 5-room new HDB flat you know (although the new 5-room HDB is about same size as old 4-room HDB - Time to change HDB pricing to $PSF rather than based on "x"-room! Ha ha!). :cheers1:
Does the 1130 sqft come with excessive planter area, PES, air-con ledge, balcony etc?

I am sure they will come with big balconies. all projects in this area have that problem. the actual cost will be more than 1000 psf when you take those into consideration.

proud owner
06-08-09, 20:11
I am sure they will come with big balconies. all projects in this area have that problem. the actual cost will be more than 1000 psf when you take those into consideration.

indeed small

like i said .. my apt here is 2 ensuite bedroom ..1253 sqft very spacious ..balcony not included in the 1253 sqft

hehe

Lucas
06-08-09, 20:33

West Coast Drive
1br 475sqft 22 units
2br 775sqft 66 units
2+1 885sqft 84units
3br 1130sqft 70units
3+1br 1270sqft 80units
4br 1453sqft 68units
PH 4/4+1 3350sqft 6units
8 Blocks 12 Storey
Land 24,800.5sqm
50m Pool, Tennis Court

Studio unit will be fully book by staffs & invited Business partners of CDL before VVIP launch same like Optimal@ TM.

Do those who miss Carabella, The Parc, or Botannia can try queueing for this now. Haha.:)

Yeah, I would think the launch price for a 3 rooms unit could be higher than $850 psf. It is still an "almost FH "project and walking distance to Clementi MRT station, right? Optima@Tanah Merah iwas already selling at more than $850 psf, what more should a condo be worth in a location which is considered as South-West region.:money-faced1:

victorchoo
06-08-09, 21:03
Yeah, I would think the launch price for a 3 rooms unit could be higher than $850 psf. It is still an "almost FH "project and walking distance to Clementi MRT station, right? Optima@Tanah Merah iwas already selling at more than $850 psf, what more should a condo be worth in a location which is considered as South-West region.:money-faced1:

I don't think it is near to MRT station at all...

Allthepies
06-08-09, 22:16
really quite small, but if no bay window and small balcony, then the size will be alrite, anyone has the draft floor plans to show?

stalingrad
07-08-09, 10:55
with so many condos recently TOPed and this condo about to be launched, what do they plan to do to redevelop hong leong shopping center? It should be developed into something grander and bigger, at least including a supermarket. given residents in about 1000 units in the nearby projects, a large shopping mall will be well supported.

jitkiat
07-08-09, 10:58
with so many condos recently TOPed and this condo about to be launched, what do they plan to do to redevelop hong leong shopping center? It should be developed into something grander and bigger, at least including a supermarket. given residents in about 1000 units in the nearby projects, a large shopping mall will be well supported.
1000 units can support a large shopping centre? :confused:

stalingrad
07-08-09, 11:01
Don't forget existing residents in the landed properties, and residents in HDB estates up west coast drive near that temple thing. a lot of people in this neighborhood and adjacent areas including residents of the parc.

Condorich
07-08-09, 14:09
Not a town planner but If I am one... will look into linking up the west coast to jurong...

Going from the West Coast MRT station to
i) The Mcdonalds West Coast Park, free parking 24 hrs now
ii) Monterey Park, alot of space around for shopping center, new condo etc
iii) Teban Gardens, need HDB ridership
iv) Club Hawaii resort (Some hotels may be coming up around that area)
v) Lakeside MRT (interchange?)

Not sure but just another wild guess.... please treat this as a wish list. Haha

bargain hunter
07-08-09, 15:41
my parents stay in the hdb area you mentioned. i would never go to hong leong shopping centre to buy things, its simply too far, let alone people staying at The Parc. For that area, walking to rejuvenated clementi centre is more feasible. A few steps more, a lot more shops even if hong leong shopping centre is rebuilt. Just look at West Coast Plaza, Far East makeover and makeover and makeover, still a flop.

Don't forget existing residents in the landed properties, and residents in HDB estates up west coast drive near that temple thing. a lot of people in this neighborhood and adjacent areas including residents of the parc.

Lucas
07-08-09, 20:21
my parents stay in the hdb area you mentioned. i would never go to hong leong shopping centre to buy things, its simply too far, let alone people staying at The Parc. For that area, walking to rejuvenated clementi centre is more feasible. A few steps more, a lot more shops even if hong leong shopping centre is rebuilt. Just look at West Coast Plaza, Far East makeover and makeover and makeover, still a flop.

Even now, not many ppl visiting that shopping centre.

SL
07-08-09, 23:52

This is pure arrogant and totally un-called for..

And if you think I'm making this remark because I'm eyeing a studio unit, you are dead wrong.

SL
07-08-09, 23:55

Have you really visited these areas and spend some time checking out these areas before? My place is walking distance from here.. I always tell myself that shops here are really doomed.

noblebaby
08-08-09, 00:07
agreed... like those in the japanese ghost movie... :hell-hath-no-fury:

Have you really visited these areas and spend some time checking out these areas before? My place is walking distance from here.. I always tell myself that shops here are really doomed.

bargain hunter
08-08-09, 09:33
stalingrad has a unit in Carabelle so he might profess to have checked out this area. Of course, he would like to have a mall which supports Carabelle, The Infiniti, Botannia, Monterey Park, Hundred Trees and all the landed houses. But to get human traffic from the HDB and The Parc will be difficult.

I had stayed in this area for more than 25 years previously and I agree with you totally. Even if its a brand new mall, the human traffic will be terrible. west coast plaza is already in a way better location than this and its still doing terribly after multiple revamps including the latest one this year.

dennishuttons
18-08-09, 00:30
Regent West Condo is within close proximity to food and shopping including Yone Restaurant, Restaurant Chako, Chicken Delight, Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre, West Coast Drive Market and Clementi Market And Food Centre. Educational institutions like Clementi Town Secondary School, Qifa Primary School and Clementi Primary School are located near to Regent West Condo too.
Regent West is accessible via the nearby Clementi Mrt Station and AYE.
Sneak Preview Soon !!! KIndly give me a buzz or drop me a sms for your best viewing time and date in order to do the registration.

Register for preview > 91991112 Dennis

Email me >[email protected]
([email protected])
View more upcoming projects>http://www.singaporemodernliving.com (http://www.singaporemodernliving.com)

bargain hunter
18-08-09, 00:44
"Chicken Delight"??? I thought that closed down 2 decades ago and the coffee shops which took over the space have at least turned over 5 or 6 times in the past 10 years alone already?

Regent West Condo is within close proximity to food and shopping including Yone Restaurant, Restaurant Chako, Chicken Delight, Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre, West Coast Drive Market and Clementi Market And Food Centre. Educational institutions like Clementi Town Secondary School, Qifa Primary School and Clementi Primary School are located near to Regent West Condo too.
Regent West is accessible via the nearby Clementi Mrt Station and AYE.
Sneak Preview Soon !!! KIndly give me a buzz or drop me a sms for your best viewing time and date in order to do the registration.

Register for preview > 91991112 Dennis

Email me >[email protected]
([email protected])
View more upcoming projects>http://www.singaporemodernliving.com (http://www.singaporemodernliving.com)

pweesng
18-08-09, 10:36
how does Regent West in West Coast come under District 10?

maybe i need to update my map....

KarenK
18-08-09, 15:02
how does Regent West in West Coast come under District 10?

maybe i need to update my map....

Clementi Town Secondary will be merged with New Town Secondary. Hong Leong Shopping Centre - was it part of the Hong Leong Garden enbloc?

housewife
18-08-09, 15:23
it's the hong leong one lah

bargain hunter
18-08-09, 16:16
so is it going to be called Hundred Trees or Regent West or something else?

jonleelk
18-08-09, 16:19

Hundred Trees? Change name to Regent West liao? :D

Shifted to D10 somemore? :D :D

bargain hunter
18-08-09, 16:19
hong leong shopping centre will still be there, not part of en-bloc.

Clementi Town Secondary will be merged with New Town Secondary. Hong Leong Shopping Centre - was it part of the Hong Leong Garden enbloc?

housewife
18-08-09, 17:06
i heard from agent that hong leong garden condo and shopping centre are developed together to 1 project (hundred trees)?

pweesng
20-08-09, 11:06
Hundred Trees? Change name to Regent West liao? :D

Shifted to D10 somemore? :D :D

they should just change name to istana, and sell as D9! hahahah

steppy
20-08-09, 17:29
i heard from agent that hong leong garden condo and shopping centre are developed together to 1 project (hundred trees)?

As usual, the agent is not that correct.

HL shopping centre is another development that is yet to be enbloced. They tried to enbloc a while ago - but were not successful.

So how can it be developed together?

housewife
20-08-09, 19:30

HL shopping centre is another development that is yet to be enbloced. They tried to enbloc a while ago - but were not successful.

:doh: will look for other agent

august
21-08-09, 00:29
many agents' i came across their knowledge can be really poor

Property_Owner
03-09-09, 11:11

enbloc fever coming back

bargain hunter
03-09-09, 11:37
an agent just told me to be launched at average 950psf. they shrunk the sizes so 3 bedroom is 1119sq ft only. that means buyers will be paying 1.063m on average for a small sized 3 bedroom. anyone keen?

Property_Owner
03-09-09, 12:02
an agent just told me to be launched at average 950psf. they shrunk the sizes so 3 bedroom is 1119sq ft only. that means buyers will be paying 1.063m on average for a small sized 3 bedroom. anyone keen?

You think this will be another sold out project?

housewife
03-09-09, 12:52
found agent renting out Hong Leong Garden condo units, till July 2010. so construction will only begin afterwards?

bargain hunter
03-09-09, 13:08
should be right? since its an area with no new launches since 2007 and likely none coming up in nearby vicinity in next 2 years also. The price no longer becomes relevant LOL.

You think this will be another sold out project?

Allthepies
03-09-09, 13:15
is there any rental market in that area? i think mostly for own stay...

Property_Owner
03-09-09, 13:17
Guess will be same like optima. They will say, since Lh optima sells @ 8xx to 9xx, why this freehold must be below optima! :doh: :doh:

stalingrad
03-09-09, 13:21
is there any rental market in that area? i think mostly for own stay...
You are wrong. both carabelle and botannia are crawling with expats. We live in Carabelle, and both our neighbors are from UK. On our floor, we the the only locals.

When we look out from our balcony, we see tons of blondes with blue eyes sunbathing on their balconies. I don't think these are owners-occupiers. Basically, I estimate only 30% of residents in these area are locals.

most of these ang mohs work in fusionpolis and bipolis. our neighbors include one scientist, one therapist, and one special school teacher. all from UK.

Property_Owner
03-09-09, 14:23
You are wrong. both carabelle and botannia are crawling with expats. We live in Carabelle, and both our neighbors are from UK. On our floor, we the the only locals.

When we look out from our balcony, we see tons of blondes with blue eyes sunbathing on their balconies. I don't think these are owners-occupiers. Basically, I estimate only 30% of residents in these area are locals.

most of these ang mohs work in fusionpolis and bipolis. our neighbors include one scientist, one therapist, and one special school teacher. all from UK.

Hmmm. Rental good yield? Easy to rent out or not? take up rate?

stalingrad
03-09-09, 15:28

One neighbor rented her unit to two Britons at 3700 per month. Built in space of her unit is 1292 sf. that is not bad.

we will not rent ours. we like our unit.

stalingrad
03-09-09, 16:05

easy to rent or not? I don't know. but I will tell you that there are three units on our foor, and all three are occupied, including the two rental units. carabelle was issued TOP only in July, and august is the hungry ghost month.

KarenK
03-09-09, 16:33

1119sqft for a 3BR means only abt 800sqft of liveable space after u net off balcony/baywindow/aircon ledge/etc? *SHUDDER*

tress
03-09-09, 16:34
hmm when i called an agent advertising its soft launch i was told it will be going at min $1000 psf..which to me seems ridiculously overpriced considering Trevista didn't even go for that much and its location is so much better than hong leong.

cher
03-09-09, 16:51
hmm when i called an agent advertising its soft launch i was told it will be going at min $1000 psf..which to me seems ridiculously overpriced considering Trevista didn't even go for that much and its location is so much better than hong leong.

Hello, 1) Trevista is 99 yrs, this is FH, 2) Trevista is surrounded by HDB in old estate, this is surrounded by landed properties.

Condorich
03-09-09, 18:35
Hello, 1) Trevista is 99 yrs, this is FH, 2) Trevista is surrounded by HDB in old estate, this is surrounded by landed properties.

obvious to be missing a mrt station... but there could be one in future...

tress
03-09-09, 18:38

heh, still doesn't justify the high pricing for me..but that's just my personal opinion :P

Condorich
03-09-09, 18:54
no worries...

price is for those who can afford it... be it to gain or lose...

I am wondering what's the craze over properties.... it is highly leveraged and there are down side risk to consider also.

A new baseline will be established if there are sufficient number of transactions at a level...

bargain hunter
03-09-09, 20:48
seems like the floor plans are not out yet. If they plan well, maybe there won't be too big a balcony, no bay windows (coz approval is after the new rules kick in where there is no concession for building bay windows? i don't know.) and small air con ledge? nontheless, still significantly smaller than a 5 room hdb, i call that downgrade, not upgrade.

1119sqft for a 3BR means only abt 800sqft of liveable space after u net off balcony/baywindow/aircon ledge/etc? *SHUDDER*

bargain hunter
03-09-09, 20:59
maybe agent referring to 1 and maybe 2 bedrooms? anyway, 950 and 1000psf is only 5% difference. i am still wondering where all these people who can afford $1m condos are coming from. for easy calculation, pay 200k down and then on long term average pay 3k a month for installments. 8k combined income means about 37.5% of pay. manageable i guess. Not sure if sustainable if interest rates go up, should be quite siong.

chestnut
03-09-09, 21:13
maybe agent referring to 1 and maybe 2 bedrooms? anyway, 950 and 1000psf is only 5% difference. i am still wondering where all these people who can afford $1m condos are coming from. for easy calculation, pay 200k down and then on long term average pay 3k a month for installments. 8k combined income means about 37.5% of pay. manageable i guess. Not sure if sustainable if interest rates go up, should be quite siong.

You need to take into account the cpf portion

panamera
03-09-09, 21:25

oh dear, looks like your wife cant run away from those expats from mhd sultan.. did they gravitate towards d5 as well?

KarenK
03-09-09, 22:41
seems like the floor plans are not out yet. If they plan well, maybe there won't be too big a balcony, no bay windows (coz approval is after the new rules kick in where there is no concession for building bay windows? i don't know.) and small air con ledge? nontheless, still significantly smaller than a 5 room hdb, i call that downgrade, not upgrade.

it's gonna be smaller than a 4-room HDB flat!

bargain hunter
04-09-09, 01:43
but still correct right? 3k is cash + cpf? so its "affordable"?

You need to take into account the cpf portion

bargain hunter
04-09-09, 01:49
wahaha, that's a good jab...someone was talking about how lousy rivergate is because of drunk expats, now slap own mouth say carabelle also flooded with expats. :doh:

oh dear, looks like your wife cant run away from those expats from mhd sultan.. did they gravitate towards d5 as well?

Condorich
04-09-09, 04:38
Expats like it new... and will congregate and disappear at about the same time.. group herd mentality... pay top dollar... so expect more for the buck...

Therefore, they will move around in D5 to the just TOP projects till the next one comes along... Once they were at Blue Horizon... but more at Varsity Park now... Next is?

chestnut
04-09-09, 07:11
but still correct right? 3k is cash + cpf? so its "affordable"?

If they rent it out at 3.5k, the mortgage will take care of the loan of 3k+maintenance. So very affordable. Issue is coming up with the initial 230k or so. Playing this game needs relative long holding.

Condorich
04-09-09, 07:43
Not to forget risk of top up calls... if ever happen

Loss of income... single or both

Emergencies...

If have $50k to $100k after the down payment, it is more comfortable.

xebay11
04-09-09, 09:10
Expats like it new... and will congregate and disappear at about the same time.. group herd mentality... pay top dollar... so expect more for the buck...

Therefore, they will move around in D5 to the just TOP projects till the next one comes along... Once they were at Blue Horizon... but more at Varsity Park now... Next is?

Yes, this is especially true if the location is inaccessible like all the West Coast Developments, if something newer or more accessible comes along the Ang Mos would leave in droves.

chestnut
04-09-09, 09:25
Not to forget risk of top up calls... if ever happen

Loss of income... single or both

Emergencies...

If have $50k to $100k after the down payment, it is more comfortable.

If you want to buy as an investment property, you need to look at 1 person losing the job. If you look at 2 losing the job, my suggestion is stay out of property investment. Your risk taking is just not there. As to having 50k as buffer, I agree to a certain extend. Sometimes, by the time you accumulate an additional 50-100k, prices would have shot up and your borrowing time frame will be less. Every investment involves risks, so do your own homework and determine what level of risk you can take. For me, I personally feel property is less risky than stocks because I am very familiar with the property market having dabbled in it for the past 14 years.

Condorich
04-09-09, 09:58
Well said...

Some young couple did stretch it all out for a FH landed costing around 750k in changi earlier 1990's..... the prices had shoot up greatly and their income has risen too... (They are on the right side)

Some did not stretch all the way but still lose out... bankrupt...

Opportunity cost of money is what you need to consider... work the sums right and do take the assumption of at least one income earner is lost. If you have other resources... they need not necessarily be in cash.

It all depends on your risk appetite...

amk
04-09-09, 10:19
If you look at 2 losing the job, my suggestion is stay out of property investment. Your risk taking is just not there. As to having 50k as buffer, I agree to a certain extend. Sometimes, by the time you accumulate an additional 50-100k, prices would have shot up and your borrowing time frame will be less. Every investment involves risks, so do your own homework and determine what level of risk you can take.

Excellent post ! Chestnut please post more. Bring some fresh air to this forum :)

Lucas
04-09-09, 11:22
I got an email from an agent saying it will be launch end sept with indicative price 950-980psf.

greenhorn
04-09-09, 12:18
Hmmm...Trevista and 100trees almost same price of ~$1000psf. AMK $1200psf. Etc, etc, etc. This is the new benchmark pricing for mass mkt condos in suburbia. This makes all those new condos priced up to $800psf look "fair and affordable" or even "cheap". :beats-me-man: :scared-4: :)

Condorich
04-09-09, 12:41
Hmmm...Trevista and 100trees almost same price of ~$1000psf. AMK $1200psf. Etc, etc, etc. This is the new benchmark pricing for mass mkt condos in suburbia. This makes all those new condos priced up to $800psf look "fair and affordable" or even "cheap". :beats-me-man: :scared-4: :)

The price of completed projects are correlated to a certain extent to the price of new development being sold... both goes up or down in the same direction together generally.

Market can go up and go down... the bulk of the deals done at a certain level will be a new benchmark. The baseline is a perception price.. and I do agree with you. The baseline price will be increased when new projects are getting more expansive. Simply by the reasoning of replacement cost. Sell high, can take profit. But if have to buy a replacement property... then it is likely to be a case of not much profit.

Allthepies
04-09-09, 13:38
I got an email from an agent saying it will be launch end sept with indicative price 950-980psf.

wow at this price, seems not a good deal.
Along AYE expressway will be very noisy, not near MRT, no food, no shopping mall around that area....

Property_Owner
04-09-09, 14:50
dun be so mean to him. He must be happy 100 trees launching so high.

stalingrad
04-09-09, 16:04
compared with hundred trees, carabelle is a bargain:

RIVATE Condo
CARABELLE
$828
$1,041k Aug-09

61 West Coast Way #12-19
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$798
$1650k
14 Aug 09
51 West Coast Way #05-02
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$867
$765k
11 Aug 09
57 West Coast Way #03-10
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$800
$1041k
11 Aug 09
57 West Coast Way #04-13
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$845
$800k
06 Aug 0

bargain hunter
04-09-09, 16:10
he is happy but wonder why he posted a jumble of carabelle caveats below your post. looks like a big mess of numbers.

dun be so mean to him. He must be happy 100 trees launching so high.

stalingrad
04-09-09, 16:22
he is happy but wonder why he posted a jumble of carabelle caveats below your post. looks like a big mess of numbers.

In your head there is a bigger mess of numbers. In your head there is an even bigger mess of tofu.

bargain hunter
04-09-09, 16:45
if u feel insulted by a mess of tofu, i wonder what that makes u. i always wonder why u go to rivergate thread and keep talking it down but keep talking up carabelle just because u stay there. that's hardly being objective.

talking about a shopping hub in hong leong gardens is so far fetched.

In your head there is a bigger mess of numbers. In your head there is an even bigger mess of tofu.

stalingrad
04-09-09, 16:51
if u feel insulted by a mess of tofu, i wonder what that makes u. i always wonder why u go to rivergate thread and keep talking it down but keep talking up carabelle just because u stay there. that's hardly being objective.

talking about a shopping hub in hong leong gardens is so far fetched.

I did not try to talk down rivergate. I was telling you to sell you unit before you get declared a bankrupt. I was doing you a favor. you ingrate!!!

I did not try to talk up carabelle. I was telling the truth. when I don't know I will confess. for example, I said I didn't know it is easy to rent or not. I was totally objective, unlike you little moron.

bargain hunter
04-09-09, 17:23
huh? i don't even own a unit at rivergate. obviously your advise there to potential buyers were wrong and caused them to miss a good buying opportunity.

your behaviour is very strange. there is no need for name calling.

I did not try to talk down rivergate. I was telling you to sell you unit before you get declared a bankrupt. I was doing you a favor. you ingrate!!!

I did not try to talk up carabelle. I was telling the truth. when I don't know I will confess. for example, I said I didn't know it is easy to rent or not. I was totally objective, unlike you little moron.

PropertiesHunter
04-09-09, 17:35
Let me talk about how Good Hundred Trees are,

8mins to Clementi MRT & Future Clementi Shopping centre walk. 3mins walk to nearest bustop at AYE. 85% shelther.

Shop & food at 2 mins walk.

Clementi centre shopping.

4 pri school within 1KM including Nan Hwa.

CDL is the developer. Look at Botannia one of the best among here at west coast. And trust me S**** will disagree.

stalingrad
04-09-09, 17:44

8mins to Clementi MRT & Future Clementi Shopping centre walk. 3mins walk to nearest bustop at AYE. 85% shelther.

CDL is the developer. Look at Botannia one of the best among here at west coast. And trust me S**** will disagree.

why should i disagree? but is botannia so much better that one should pay 720 psf vs. less than 600 psf at launch time? we said no and bought carablle. now look at the prices that these condos are now fetching, almost identical.

julim
04-09-09, 18:02
Both Carabelle and Botannia are terrible. Alot of sellers but no buyers!

JohnTan
04-09-09, 18:30
Both Carabelle and Botannia are terrible. Alot of sellers but no buyers!

The price and no of units sold at hundred trees will be a good guage of the price and no of buyers for that locality. Verdict in 1 month plus time

PropertiesHunter
04-09-09, 18:39
why should i disagree? but is botannia so much better that one should pay 720 psf vs. less than 600 psf at launch time? we said no and bought carablle. now look at the prices that these condos are now fetching, almost identical.

S**** Sir wooh immediate respond. I did not say anything bad about carabelle, I only say something good about Hundred trees & Botannia.

By the way can you say something bad about Carabelle that we should NOT buy since u already give special comments about the rest project.

I think a negative comment about Carabelle from you will be precious.

Cheers:)

stalingrad
04-09-09, 18:56
S**** Sir wooh immediate respond. I did not say anything bad about carabelle, I only say something good about Hundred trees & Botannia.

By the way can you say something bad about Carabelle that we should NOT buy since u already give special comments about the rest project.

I think a negative comment about Carabelle from you will be precious.

Cheers:)

there is nothing wrong, honestly. except for the bay windows and large balconies, which take away living space. both my kids and my wife love this place. it is also very quiet, at least our unit is very quiet.

PropertiesHunter
04-09-09, 19:17
there is nothing wrong, honestly. except for the bay windows and large balconies, which take away living space. both my kids and my wife love this place. it is also very quiet, at least our unit is very quiet.

SO i can tell you Botannia one thing I dont like is too Big land scape take slightly longer time for me to get from A to B. The rest is perfect, but too bad my wife like to stay inside city OR AT LEAST NEAR CITY WITH MRT. So I SOLD my units.

NK
04-09-09, 22:42
Hi, I have just bought a unit at carabelle but the seller now wants to back out after signing the OTP. I have already applied and got bank loan and has arrange to meet the lawyer on monday to exercise the OTP and pay the remaining 4%. Please advise what should I do now? :( Maybe the seller wants to hold out for higher price now that 100 trees is launching at higher psf.

proud owner
04-09-09, 23:02
Yes, this is especially true if the location is inaccessible like all the West Coast Developments, if something newer or more accessible comes along the Ang Mos would leave in droves.

this may be true but the fact remains they still stay in west coast ..

ang mohs have a liking for the kumpongness of west coast ..the greenery ..

look at pasir panjang hill , kent ridge etc .. so many ang mohs

go to Harry's at night at PP Village ..all the pubs, restuarants ..all ang mohs ..

so they like the location more , than the newness of the condo

proud owner
04-09-09, 23:07
Hi, I have just bought a unit at carabelle but the seller now wants to back out after signing the OTP. I have already applied and got bank loan and has arrange to meet the lawyer on monday to exercise the OTP and pay the remaining 4%. Please advise what should I do now? :( Maybe the seller wants to hold out for higher price now that 100 trees is launching at higher psf.

can seller do that after signing ?

my understanding is ..once the sign OTP, its a done deal .. seller cannot back out .. buyer on the other hand still cant ..just lose the deposit..

talk to your lawyer ...

cher
04-09-09, 23:49

my understanding is ..once the sign OTP, its a done deal .. seller cannot back out .. buyer on the other hand still cant ..just lose the deposit..

talk to your lawyer ...

That depends on whether has the seller bank in your 1% cheque. If the seller has and the cheque clears, than he can't back out if not you can sue him/her. But if the seller has not bank in the cheque than it is debatable.:cool:

NK
05-09-09, 00:01

talk to your lawyer ...

I also thought so too that seller cannot backout now. Then I should just press ahead to exercise OTP and seller got no choice, LL but to sell. His agent tried to persuade me by saying he has not cash in the 1% option fee and wants to return cheque and also willing to offer additional compensation. Not sure why the agent wants to help seller do that since most agents would want to close the deal and earn the commission quickly. My wife is very angry as we have been hunting for a unit for a long time and finally bite the bullet and pay for the unit despite prices having gone up easily 20% from a few months back. We dont want to go thru another round of hse hunting and finding sellers keep upping the prices.

flying bear
05-09-09, 00:16
ask yr lawyer to exercise the OTP. once they sign, they cannot back out. I dun think Not banking in is a good excuse. Else all seller will always do tat. i remember my lawyer didn't even chk if they have bank in and exercise the OTP for me paying up the remaining 4%.

august
05-09-09, 00:18
That depends on whether has the seller bank in your 1% cheque. If the seller has and the cheque clears, than he can't back out if not you can sue him/her. But if the seller has not bank in the cheque than it is debatable.:cool:

imho the signature is key, not whether cheque banked in or not..

seller can dispute if there are irregularities surrounding signing of option.

apple3
05-09-09, 02:14

Are you trying to lure someone to make this correction? :p

For Carabelle development plan, it is not affected by the new ruling and thus, the bay windows is not counted into the saleable GFA.

It mean your 1234sqf will remain as 1234sft with or without bay windows. So it not taking any living space. The balcony do.

But frankly, the colour of Carabelle wasn't really that nice and luckily it could be rectifiy in 6 years times.

Preference of colour is quite an individual thing though.

apple3
05-09-09, 02:42

This is common. Easily resolves.

My suggestions/advices;
1. Proceed as per normal. OTP, S&P, Loan, etc. Don't bother with cheque bank in or not. It the seller signature on OTP that matters.

2. Ask your lawyer to do you a favor. Serve a letter of intention, in lieu of damages. This mean you are preparing to claim for any differences in your replacing, similar property. This may cause you $300-$500 or FOC. But most likely your lawyer will tell you to wait for seller response from their convancying lawyer to build a case.

3. If seller ignore and want to cancel sale, serve the writ. 9 out of 10 seller wont response with memo of appearance. This mean he back off and the sale will proceed as normal. This summon + court fee may cause you $1000-$2500.

If you game for "pre-emptive" strike or play chicken, issue the writ of summons on the basic of sale defaulting intention/instruction from seller acting agent, immediately now. Do remember to CC the agent company director and hold them with liability as well. You will love the phone call from the agent, trust me. Also, your lawyer is suppose to act for you, be firm and not to back off your assult once decision is made.

There are ways to handle such rogue seller which may not be convenient to disclose further here, but nevertheless, let the following be a guide ok? PM me if not clear.

ON TOP OF YOUR PROBLEM;
a. If Bank already disbursed loan to the other side, it will be the bank problem too.
b. If CPF already disbursed OA sum to the other side, it will be the CPF problem too.
c. If Stamp duty had been paid by you, it will be the most powerful agency, revenue house aka IRAS problem too.

if the seller is reading this, he bound to hate me.
Wahahahhahahah..... :p

PropertiesHunter
05-09-09, 09:45
if the seller is reading this, he bound to hate me.
Wahahahhahahah..... :p[/quote]

Wah, Apple3 san you ready know a lot. You ready like Robin Hood to give this nasty Seller a bang.

In the name of the buying/selling game that once Seller bank in your 1 % or they sign the OTP they will be bind by the rule of the game. You always can claim your investment losses on seller is a matter of time like 2 yrs.

Get a right & experience lawyer to act for this kind dispute is important. Do NOT give up in between.

Air to media if you can to pressure the outlaw.

Property_Owner
05-09-09, 12:46

Talk to your lawyer

Property_Owner
05-09-09, 12:58
I also thought so too that seller cannot backout now. Then I should just press ahead to exercise OTP and seller got no choice, LL but to sell. His agent tried to persuade me by saying he has not cash in the 1% option fee and wants to return cheque and also willing to offer additional compensation. Not sure why the agent wants to help seller do that since most agents would want to close the deal and earn the commission quickly. My wife is very angry as we have been hunting for a unit for a long time and finally bite the bullet and pay for the unit despite prices having gone up easily 20% from a few months back. We dont want to go thru another round of hse hunting and finding sellers keep upping the prices.

Dirty agent! He should know the rules once seller granted option cannot back off!!!! You should tell him that you will write in to his company and IEA and papers to complain about him. See he LL or not! This kind og asshole agent I will banned him forever and will sure complain!!!!!
What ever sold is sold. I sold my metro few months back @ breakeven price and had not look back since that day! Move on........

Please let us know the outcome. All the best and God bless :)

jonleelk
05-09-09, 13:01
Likely seller got a higher offer, thus agent also want to sell to higher offer to get higher commission.

Condorich
05-09-09, 13:05
let the law take its course..

But there is always an easy way out... ask the seller to pay you a sum of damages in lieu of the deal.. $50k or above or more etc... Easy for you to back out but not for him.

Option once granted by seller, cannot be revoked by seller.

Buyer on the other hand, could choose not to exercise the option.

If buyer exercised the option.. nothing much the seller could do but to let the deal go through or go through litigation.

apple3
06-09-09, 01:48
Dirty agent! He should know the rules once seller granted option cannot back off!!!! You should tell him that you will write in to his company and IEA and papers to complain about him. See he LL or not! This kind og asshole agent I will banned him forever and will sure complain!!!!!
What ever sold is sold. I sold my metro few months back @ breakeven price and had not look back since that day! Move on........

Please let us know the outcome. All the best and God bless :)

A fine gentleman indeed. :p

Alas, there are always people just can't bite the bullet and move on..

Oh yes, thank for the earlier compliment.

どうもありがとう

DW
06-09-09, 01:51
Since we are on this topic, I would like to think about this issue from the Buyers' perspective and seek your views on the same as well.

If a buyer makes an offer of 1% and issue the Offer to request for an OTP.

1. Within hours (and the buyer has not yet received the OTP yet), if the buyer decides to change his mind and cancels the offer, stops the cheque, what happens ? Is he still liable to make good on the 1% legally??

2. Let's say, now the buyer receives the OTP, and the buyer decides not to exercise the OTP. The 1% cheque is still not cleared yet and he cancels the cheque successfully. The OTP has a language that says, if the Buyer does not exercise the Option in the prescribed manner, the Option money will be forfeited by the Seller. Note in this case, while there is such a clause in the OTP but the Buyer has not yet signed against the OTP and thus technically, there is no agreement on such provision and thus how can the Buyer be bounded on the same? Is the Buyer liable to make good on the 1% legally?

Any views on the above 2 cases?

let the law take its course..

But there is always an easy way out... ask the seller to pay you a sum of damages in lieu of the deal.. $50k or above or more etc... Easy for you to back out but not for him.

Option once granted by seller, cannot be revoked by seller.

Buyer on the other hand, could choose not to exercise the option.

If buyer exercised the option.. nothing much the seller could do but to let the deal go through or go through litigation.

apple3
06-09-09, 02:09
Since we are on this topic, I would like to think about this issue from the Buyers' perspective and seek your views on the same as well.

If a buyer makes an offer of 1% and issue the Offer to request for an OTP.

1. Within hours (and the buyer has not yet received the OTP yet), if the buyer decides to change his mind and cancels the offer, stops the cheque, what happens ? Is he still liable to make good on the 1% legally??

2. Let's say, now the buyer receives the OTP, and the buyer decides not to exercise the OTP. The 1% cheque is still not cleared yet and he cancels the cheque successfully. The OTP has a language that says, if the Buyer does not exercise the Option in the prescribed manner, the Option money will be forfeited by the Seller. Note in this case, while there is such a clause in the OTP but the Buyer has not yet signed against the OTP and thus technically, there is no agreement on such provision and thus how can the Buyer be bounded on the same? Is the Buyer liable to make good on the 1% legally?

Any views on the above 2 cases?

1. I think this could be worse for buyer. It could be a fraud charge for cancelling of cheque and thus, criminal act. (See No.2 for reason)

2. The industry practice was 5% for option fee but within it, buyer are actually PAYING THE DELIVERY OF OTP WITH 1% BOOKING FEE with the remaining to be paid within the next 14 days. (The next 14 days action from buyer is known as exercising the option)

Depending on agency and various set of instruction, there are OTP which could be resale. In former days, rogue agents could paid 1% and resale it immediate and the incumbent buyer exercising the option with 4% and paid the agent with 1% + margin. Thus, paying + recieving the OTP then follow by cancelling the cheque of 1% could be equal to cheating the sellor for the OTP.

The 15% fall under S&P portion. (Thats is why for 90/10 borrower, bank usually actually release 10+80 and not 90% at disbursement)

apple3
06-09-09, 02:16
Likely seller got a higher offer, thus agent also want to sell to higher offer to get higher commission.

Since we are on this, let me share the following.

There are rogue agents which may not neccessary direct the highest bidder to the seller they are acting for.

There are always buyer willing to top up agent commission to the desire selling price of seller with even extra in order to pay lower absolute price.

jonleelk
07-09-09, 13:29
Since we are on this, let me share the following.

There are rogue agents which may not neccessary direct the highest bidder to the seller they are acting for.

There are always buyer willing to top up agent commission to the desire selling price of seller with even extra in order to pay lower absolute price.

nice one...pay extra $1k to agent and save $50k on purchase price...

jonleelk
07-09-09, 13:45

Did a normal walk this afternoon. 10min to walk from Hundred Trees to clementi MRT station. Next time when the u/c clementi shopping centre is up and running, might be even shorter as now had to walk around the construction site.

The landed facing blocks will be blocked from the AYE by the NE facing blocks plus no blocking at all in the SW orientation as all landed. Not sure how bad the afternoon sun will be as I was told nowadays afternoon sun in shinning from NW.

amk
07-09-09, 17:00
Did a normal walk this afternoon. 10min to walk from Hundred Trees to clementi MRT station. Next time when the u/c clementi shopping centre is up and running, might be even shorter as now had to walk around the construction site.

oh really that close ? hmm this changes my perception a lot abt this project. :)

(I have been to Botannia/Infiniti/Carabelle, all too far from MRT)

btw I hope they dun do "common" rubbish chute again like Botannia. yea I know I know this is minor, but for me personally I can't take it.

Lucas
07-09-09, 17:55

The landed facing blocks will be blocked from the AYE by the NE facing blocks plus no blocking at all in the SW orientation as all landed. Not sure how bad the afternoon sun will be as I was told nowadays afternoon sun in shinning from NW.

I tried walking from clementi stadium, front of The Parc Condo, across the bridge, cut across the hdb estate n would also take 10 minutes. I was taking a stroll...so I think if I walk from hong leong garden, cross the bridge cut thru te estate, walk towards regent park, cross another bridge n walk toward mrt station, probably easily take 15 min or more ...,

bargain hunter
07-09-09, 18:48
there is another way, use the overhead bridge beside hdb blk 506 and cut through hdb 4xx. i did that all the time when i stayed at west coast. i estimate from hundred trees it would still take more than 10min unless you walk super fast.

I tried walking from clementi stadium, front of The Parc Condo, across the bridge, cut across the hdb estate n would also take 10 minutes. I was taking a stroll...so I think if I walk from hong leong garden, cross the bridge cut thru te estate, walk towards regent park, cross another bridge n walk toward mrt station, probably easily take 15 min or more ...,

jonleelk
07-09-09, 20:54
there is another way, use the overhead bridge beside hdb blk 506 and cut through hdb 4xx. i did that all the time when i stayed at west coast. i estimate from hundred trees it would still take more than 10min unless you walk super fast.

This was also the route I took. Did not really start from the mrt station, but just behind the under construction clementi shopping centre. Could already see the mrt station. Walked until the west coast garden market 10 min.

If really from mrt station to doorstep of hundred tree, I believe 15min should be able to reach.

chenjdd
07-09-09, 21:43
This was also the route I took. Did not really start from the mrt station, but just behind the under construction clementi shopping centre. Could already see the mrt station. Walked until the west coast garden market 10 min.

If really from mrt station to doorstep of hundred tree, I believe 15min should be able to reach.

Em, I used to stay at HDB Blk507 many many years ago. I walked from MRT/old bus station, crossing bridge, if 15min it must be very rush, about 20min+ comfortable walk.
Since there are some shops around the way, it's still ok to take a walk and buy some staff on the way home, better at late afternoon when sun is not hot.

bargain hunter
07-09-09, 22:53
yup, i think its safe to say 15 to 20 mins is more reasonable for 100 trees. west coast food centre is still quite a distance from hong leong gardens.

Em, I used to stay at HDB Blk507 many many years ago. I walked from MRT/old bus station, crossing bridge, if 15min it must be very rush, about 20min+ comfortable walk.
Since there are some shops around the way, it's still ok to take a walk and buy some staff on the way home, better at late afternoon when sun is not hot.

bargain hunter
07-09-09, 22:55
your normal pace of walking must be pretty fast hee. i think i would take 15mins too and i like to walk and i believe i walk faster than average but for people whose normal walking pace is slower will probably need more than 15 mins.

proud owner
08-09-09, 02:16
yup, i think its safe to say 15 to 20 mins is more reasonable for 100 trees. west coast food centre is still quite a distance from hong leong gardens.

by the standard of our new singaporean standards, 15-20 mins walk to MRT is too long ...

lets see what price the launch at ..

Flynn Park ( 20 yr old FH ) along pasir panjang will be less than 8 mins to the PP station ... does that mean this old FH condo can now command 1000 psf ?

chestnut
08-09-09, 07:18
by the standard of our new singaporean standards, 15-20 mins walk to MRT is too long ...

Flynn Park ( 20 yr old FH ) along pasir panjang will be less than 8 mins to the PP station ... does that mean this old FH condo can now command 1000 psf ?

Flynn was trying for enbloc. When the PP station is up, believe they will go for enbloc again.

bargain hunter
08-09-09, 09:36
yeah, unless they like walking like me, 15 to 20 mins from mrt, the selling point cannot be the mrt already.

from BT today,

"BUSINESS visibly quietened down at showflats last week but developers are already revving up for new launches and releases of new phases of existing projects after Hungry Ghosts Month ends on Sept 18.

However, some market watchers reckon developers may be more careful not to price their projects too aggressively following National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan's second statement in five weeks that the government is monitoring the property market very closely and will take 'certain actions' if necessary.
City Developments is expected to preview Hundred Trees condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in the West Coast area in the last weekend of September. Earlier market talk was that the 396-unit project will have an average price of about $930-$980 per square foot (psf). However, some quarters suggest the project will be 'priced competitively'.
The 12-storey development has a 956-year-leasehold tenure. The Hundred Trees condo will be decked with Mempat trees, often dubbed the local version of Japan's sakura or cherry blossoms."

So that means potentially could be below the Huttons marketed range of 930-980psf? strange that one non-huttons agent called me and said 1000 to 1100psf just yesterday. I just laughed her off.

cheerful
08-09-09, 11:27
So that means potentially could be below the Huttons marketed range of 930-980psf? strange that one non-huttons agent called me and said 1000 to 1100psf just yesterday. I just laughed her off.

Yup, an agent sms me last evening giving tt price range 930 - 980psf.

bargain hunter
08-09-09, 12:32
a hutton's agent gave me this range a few weeks back. i was just surprised that a non-hutton's agent said 1000 to 1100psf yesterday. i almost wanted to LOL on the phone at her.

Yup, an agent sms me last evening giving tt price range 930 - 980psf.

pinkamoon
08-09-09, 18:19
I think the price range must be for the lower floors. Higher floors should be 1000+ psf. As for the distance, I think 20 mins to mrt, but 15 mins to reach clementi mkt.

cheerful
08-09-09, 18:22

West Coast Drive
1br 475sqft 22 units
2br 775sqft 66 units
2+1 885sqft 84units
3br 1130sqft 70units
3+1br 1270sqft 80units
4br 1453sqft 68units
PH 4/4+1 3350sqft 6units
8 Blocks 12 Storey
Land 24,800.5sqm
50m Pool, Tennis Court

In addition to those provided by PropertiesHunter .... got this from the agent ... not as short as CWoods :)

Approximately 268,000 sq ft[/font]

Condominium Development comprising of 6 blocks of 12 storeys, 2 blocks of 11-Storeys

mr funny
08-09-09, 21:30
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,349251,00.html?

Published September 8, 2009

Sales quieten down at Trevista, Trizon

But developers gear up for new launches, such as Hundred Trees and Cyan

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

BUSINESS visibly quietened down at showflats last week but developers are already revving up for new launches and releases of new phases of existing projects after Hungry Ghosts Month ends on Sept 18.

However, some market watchers reckon developers may be more careful not to price their projects too aggressively following National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan's second statement in five weeks that the government is monitoring the property market very closely and will take 'certain actions' if necessary.

City Developments is expected to preview Hundred Trees condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in the West Coast area in the last weekend of September. Earlier market talk was that the 396-unit project will have an average price of about $930-$980 per square foot (psf). However, some quarters suggest the project will be 'priced competitively'.

The 12-storey development has a 956-year-leasehold tenure. The Hundred Trees condo will be decked with Mempat trees, often dubbed the local version of Japan's sakura or cherry blossoms.

At Keng Chin Road in the Bukit Timah area, Far East Organization is expected to preview in a few weeks a 278-unit freehold condo named Cyan. A stone's throw away, Keppel Land has sold about 65 per cent of its 56-unit freehold Madison Residences since last month at an average price of about $1,700 psf. This pricing applies to those who opt for the interest absorption scheme (IAS). Buyers who prefer a normal progressive payment scheme pay 2 per cent less.

Even more projects are slated for launch in October, including Ho Bee's Trilight on the former Elmira Heights site on Newton Road, as developers try to catch possibly the last wave of home buying for 2009 before the year-end school holiday season.

NTUC Choice Homes sold 50 units at its Trevista condo in Toa Payoh last week, mostly on Saturday and Sunday. This is significantly below the 410-unit sales achieved from Friday to Sunday of the preceding week when the developer previewed the 99-year-leasehold condo. To date, Choice Homes has released 550 of the condo's total 590 units.

'The remaining units in the project are mostly three and four-bedroom apartments. Prices start from $884 psf or $1.008 million for three-bedders and $850 psf or $1.448 million for the four-bedroom apartments,' a Choice Homes spokeswoman said yesterday.

Trevista's initial average price was $898 psf, but with subsequent releases of units - some with better facing and on higher floors - the average price achieved is understood to be about $920-$930 psf.

BT understands that things were even quieter at the Trizon showflat in the Mount Sinai area. Units in the freehold project cost $1,250 psf to $1,550 psf. Sales are said to have plummeted last week after the slightly more than 100 units sold in the previous weekend's preview.

A property consultant said: 'When a minister, especially the National Development Minister, comes out to urge buyers to be cautious, it has its effects - at least for the time being.' 'When the caution is being urged in the Seventh Month (when traditionally things are a bit slower in the property market), potential buyers have time to reflect on the message,' he added.

Following six months of surprisingly strong home sales, developers have upped prices. By some estimates, prices of mass-market homes increased about 10-15 per cent from the lows of January-February 2009 to July-August.

In late July, Mr Mah urged home seekers to research the property market thoroughly and seek affordable units. Last week, he advised them to 'think carefully, think long term, think about the unexpected' before buying a property.

He also said there is a 'definite possibility' that the government will re-introduce land sales through its confirmed list system from next year. Such sales have been suspended since October last year.

All eyes are on today's tender for a plum 99-year condo plot at Dakota Crescent next to an MRT station and fronting Geylang River.

jonleelk
08-09-09, 22:13
Site and floor plans are out liao. Google is your best friend.

Units layout not too bad, even though small...I must say. Big balcony as expected.

forest tree
08-09-09, 23:52
Hi newbie here,
I am interested to get a unit here but I had purchased my flat 3 years ago thru WIS. By right, I need to fulfill the min. Occupancy period of 5 yrs before I can buy a private property. Just wondering have anyone buy a private property during the M.O.P? Will hdb finds out?
I won't be using CPF at all for downpay and monthly instalment in due course.
I really hope some one can shine some light here. PM me if you do not find comfortable in sharing openly. Thank you in advance.

proud owner
09-09-09, 01:48
Hi newbie here,
I am interested to get a unit here but I had purchased my flat 3 years ago thru WIS. By right, I need to fulfill the min. Occupancy period of 5 yrs before I can buy a private property. Just wondering have anyone buy a private property during the M.O.P? Will hdb finds out?
I really hope some one can shine some light here. PM me if you do not find comfortable in sharing openly. Thank you in advance.

of course you can buy a private ...

only rule is you MUST be staying in the HDB to fulfil the 5 yr conditions

anyway u live in HDB or not you think they care ?

this is how our govt works .. so long as no one complain you are good ..

if anyone lodge a conplain ..they will investigate and take action ...

Allthepies
09-09-09, 08:41
of course you can buy a private ...

only rule is you MUST be staying in the HDB to fulfil the 5 yr conditions

anyway u live in HDB or not you think they care ?

this is how our govt works .. so long as no one complain you are good ..

if anyone lodge a conplain ..they will investigate and take action ...

that applies to resale flat only, i think he purchased a new HDB from the government so he is not allowed to buy a private property according to HDB rules....

jonleelk
09-09-09, 09:12
that applies to resale flat only, i think he purchased a new HDB from the government so he is not allowed to buy a private property according to HDB rules....

Still can buy...just cannot stay in the condo. Have to stay in HDB.

cheerful
09-09-09, 09:19
Still can buy...just cannot stay in the condo. Have to stay in HDB.

Think got time bar one leh ...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/WPDis/OthersPolicies?OpenDocument

jonleelk
09-09-09, 09:27
Think got time bar one leh ...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/WPDis/OthersPolicies?OpenDocument

I only see time bar of 5 yrs before one can APPLY for a new HDB flat. Another one is 30 months from date of application, cannot own or sell any property.

JohnTan
09-09-09, 10:28
Hi newbie here,

I have a friend who was looking at double bay longingly as the price went from the march low to the current higher price. But he still canot buy till the end of the year because he took a 30k grant from HDB. By that time it would be the highest price ever or sold out! Reason he bought a resale flat with HDB grant and is barred from buying private property for 5 years.

Buy direct from hdb also face this issue.

My advise is to not take the 30k grant. seems like a lot of money but in actual fact you are losing more money by paying more for the private property and stamp duty when you cannot buy a private at the right time at an affordable price. Simpliy not worth it.

After shifting 3 times, I am still eligible for the grant but will not touch it. maybe only when i retire at 70 I will go and WIS as a first timer!

august
09-09-09, 10:34
Reason he bought a resale flat with HDB grant and is barred from buying private property for 5 years.

Wah, did not know got such thing leh... :scared-5:

forest tree
09-09-09, 10:49
Hi all,

thank you for your replies. I am pretty sure the ruling states that M.O.P is 5 yrs as i got my new flat from WIS.
but my question is how strict is this ruling? if i buy a private apartment now, will they find out?
I do not want to risk losing my flat or lose 20% first payment.

the reason why i am asking is also sometime rules can state this and that but in actual fact no one really practise it.
For my case, i was suppose to submit my marriage cert 3 months after collection of key. But i only got married after 19 months after collection of key and HDB only start asking after 12 months. :D

proud owner
09-09-09, 11:10

huh ?

if you buy direct from govt you can still buy private but must stay in HDB

if you buy resale ( open mkt) no restriction .. you can buy prvate and live whereever you wish

proud owner
09-09-09, 11:13
I have a friend who was looking at double bay longingly as the price went from the march low to the current higher price. But he still canot buy till the end of the year because he took a 30k grant from HDB. By that time it would be the highest price ever or sold out! Reason he bought a resale flat with HDB grant and is barred from buying private property for 5 years.

My advise is to not take the 30k grant. seems like a lot of money but in actual fact you are losing more money by paying more for the private property and stamp duty when you cannot buy a private at the right time at an affordable price. Simpliy not worth it.

After shifting 3 times, I am still eligible for the grant but will not touch it. maybe only when i retire at 70 I will go and WIS as a first timer!

think better check with HDB

i still believe you can buy private ..just cannot stay there since you take the grant ..

taking the grant does not mean one cannot stike TOTO and become rich enuff to buy condo right ??

i am very sure the rule is if you buy direct .. or take grant .. stay 5 yrs

you can buy private ANYTIME
just cannot stay in the private condo thats all

forest tree
09-09-09, 11:34

i still believe you can buy private ..just cannot stay there since you take the grant ..

taking the grant does not mean one cannot stike TOTO and become rich enuff to buy condo right ??

Checked and confirmed with HDB. as long as you buy new flat directly from HDB, you cannot buy private property in 5 yrs. I even ask them i just pay the 20% and TOP is 2014. HDB says cannot.
So my question is again, should i risk it?? what they will do if they find out i bought a private apartment or will they ever find out??

Boompro
09-09-09, 11:36

John Tan is right about the rules and regulations about the consequences of employing the 30k or 40k government grant. Worse still ...they would penalise to repay the lump sum of 30k at least and forfeit the conservancy subsidy (This only apply to Singaporeans).

housewife
09-09-09, 12:27
If you own a flat bought directly from HDB, or a resale flat bought from the open market under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme, you can invest in a private residential property, provided you have completed the minimum occupation period (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10206p.nsf/WPDis/Investing%20In%20Private%20PropertiesPolicies?OpenDocument) of your flat. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10206p.nsf/WPDis/Investing%20in%20Private%20PropertiesOverview?OpenDocument
"invest" means buy, not stay

minimum occupation period (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10206p.nsf/WPDis/Investing%20In%20Private%20PropertiesPolicies?OpenDocument)
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10206p.nsf/WPDis/Investing%20In%20Private%20PropertiesPolicies?OpenDocument

Can buy condo under parents or sibling name to avoid risk from HDB, but got new risk then. And if so, does HDB allow staying in "parent/sibling" condo while renting out own HDB?

Simi
09-09-09, 12:45
bought my private apt. while still staying in HDB too
but the TOP is after the 5years term.

that was more than 10years ago.

Daniel_Yee
09-09-09, 12:51
You can only buy a private only 5 years AFTER you get your HDB keys. So if you go for those BTO scheme, the 5 years doesn't start from signing the papers. The moment you sign, you cannot buy private already. Even though BTO requires 3 years to build. So 3 years building + 5 years = 8 years. So 8 years cannot touch private. This is regardless whether you are staying there or not. You just cannot buy a private.

Once you exercise the option to buy the private, HDB will be informed by SLA. Then HDB will either 1) force you to sell your private 2) forfeit your HDB flat. Both scenarios come with a cash penalty as well.

The 5 years will apply to those who buy from HDB or resale market with a grant from them.

Checked and confirmed with HDB. as long as you buy new flat directly from HDB, you cannot buy private property in 5 yrs. I even ask them i just pay the 20% and TOP is 2014. HDB says cannot.
So my question is again, should i risk it?? what they will do if they find out i bought a private apartment or will they ever find out??

Daniel_Yee
09-09-09, 12:58
It depends on yourself lor. If you want to take the risk, then go ahead. Just bear in mind forfeiture of HDB will cost you. Forcing you to sell your private can also cost you dearly. We are talking about a few hundred Ks here. I have never buy HDB and will never buy HDB because of such rules. If you think they don't check, then go ahead and buy. If get caught, then too bad lor. Few hundred Ks gone. More of a balls vs $ scenario.

Hi all,

thank you for your replies. I am pretty sure the ruling states that M.O.P is 5 yrs as i got my new flat from WIS.
but my question is how strict is this ruling? if i buy a private apartment now, will they find out?
I do not want to risk losing my flat or lose 20% first payment.

the reason why i am asking is also sometime rules can state this and that but in actual fact no one really practise it.
For my case, i was suppose to submit my marriage cert 3 months after collection of key. But i only got married after 19 months after collection of key and HDB only start asking after 12 months. :D

forest tree
09-09-09, 13:44
It depends on yourself lor. If you want to take the risk, then go ahead. Just bear in mind forfeiture of HDB will cost you. Forcing you to sell your private can also cost you dearly. We are talking about a few hundred Ks here. I have never buy HDB and will never buy HDB because of such rules. If you think they don't check, then go ahead and buy. If get caught, then too bad lor. Few hundred Ks gone. More of a balls vs $ scenario.

Hi Daniel,
You are right, 450K if they take my flat away. 20% =200K if i am force to withdraw from purchase. The risk is too much to take. so no choice, just play safe and be a sitting duck hopefully blessing in disguise and property price is lower than now in 2 yrs time.

I think this rules is damn silly, even if i strike toto this wed. i still cant buy private unless i am willing to take the risk to forgo my flat if HDB finds out.:doh:

Allthepies
09-09-09, 13:51
Hi Daniel,
You are right, 450K if they take my flat away. 20% =200K if i am force to withdraw from purchase. The risk is too much to take. so no choice, just play safe and be a sitting duck hopefully blessing in disguise and property price is lower than now in 2 yrs time.

I think this rules is damn silly, even if i strike toto this wed. i still cant buy private unless i am willing to take the risk to forgo my flat if HDB finds out.:doh:

the rule is there to prevent speculation :2cents:

if you strike toto, maybe you can write in to HDB to request for a special waiver... :D

JohnTan
09-09-09, 13:58

balls vs $ scenario? or Crazy versus Sane

What is the chance they won't check? almost 100% they will check because....

When you buy you need to lodge a caveat right. You need to pay stamp duty right.

Income tax need to calculate property tax every year right, find out you have 2 properties and need to tax you accordingly right.

If you think IRAS is not going to ask you for property tax then go ahead and buy loh. But I think the chance is almost zero percent.

Property_Owner
09-09-09, 14:00

When you buy you need to lodge a caveat right. You need to pay stamp duty right.

Income tax need to calculate property tax every year right, find out you have 2 properties and need to tax you accordingly right.

If you think IRAS is not going to ask you for property tax then go ahead and buy loh. But I think the chance is almost zero percent.

In this tiny red dot you can run but you can't hide.

forest tree
09-09-09, 14:02
the rule is there to prevent speculation :2cents:

if you strike toto, maybe you can write in to HDB to request for a special waiver... :D

you mean speculating on hdb flat or private??

Honestly, if 3mio is mine after this Thursday. Australia, here I come. Buy a farm and become a farmer there. :cheers6:

Daniel_Yee
09-09-09, 14:15
Not forgetting, our SLA will find out you have a stake in a particular piece of land. My advice is don't listen to people who tell you they buy this, buy that and never gonna caught. You don't know the authenticity of this claim. Furthermore, if you get caught, this person is not liable. You are liable for your own action. A few hundred Ks to risk against the rise in property price? That is soooo not worth it. I mean, how long do you think it will take for property to go up by 100k?

Remember, our civil servants might do things very slow. :sleep::sleep: But that doesn't mean they won't do it. One time only and your ass gonna burn jia lat jia lat one.

JohnTan
09-09-09, 14:32
I forgot to add that my friend and wife HDB is fully paid up and every month their cpf is balloning. Definitely multiples of 30k in their combined account. Not even counting their bank savings account yet cannot buy. 20% cash down payment for 1m property no issue but cannot buy cos of 30k cpf grant.

They should have just buy private from the start and not greedy the 30k grant.

Newly weds, if u are thinking of buying private property in the next five years but want to get a HDB in the short term, skip the cpf grant!!!!!

Boompro
09-09-09, 14:43
Better to buy a condo first before you get the resale HDB. Therafter, conditions are no grant and cannot buy new flat. Once you sold your condo, just wait 2.5yrs to re-instate your priviledge.

forest tree
09-09-09, 15:30
Hi everyone,

Thank you for everyone for your advices and i appreciate it.
I agree with most of you that its not worth it to take the risk, the money in stake can pay for an 2 bed room in australia :spliff2: with some spare change.

The reason why we bought HDB 3+ yrs ago is because we didnt have the financial ability to afford private if not i would have cash in now by selling my private away, i trust the profit should be good. Alot of newly wed falls under this catergory, not because we are interested in the 30K grand.

Simi
09-09-09, 15:43
Hi everyone,

Thank you for everyone for your advices and i appreciate it.
I agree with most of you that its not worth it to take the risk, the money in stake can pay for an 2 bed room in australia :spliff2: with some spare change.

The reason why we bought HDB 3+ yrs ago is because we didnt have the financial ability to afford private if not i would have cash in now by selling my private away, i trust the profit should be good. Alot of newly wed falls under this catergory, not because we are interested in the 30K grand.

Yes forgot to mention

i did not bite the grant given that time

what 1 or 2km from parent's place.

pinkamoon
09-09-09, 16:18
Actually, if you are really keen, just buy it under parents' name. By the time your condo is about to TOP, then u buy from him/her. That is provided that you as the buyer in another few years' time is willing to fork out the stamp fees.

iridrium
09-09-09, 16:25
I think the price range must be for the lower floors. Higher floors should be 1000+ psf. As for the distance, I think 20 mins to mrt, but 15 mins to reach clementi mkt.

$1,000+ psf for a freehold condominium at West Coast? Fmr Hong Leong Garden Condo?

OMG, the property market is getting crazy. I used to hang around that place cos my ex-gf stayed there. I used to curse and swear whenever Im going there. Going there via AYE is still ok, but try to hit AYE back to the East is a pain in the butt. Prefer PIE? hoho, good luck on the jam at clementi.

No amenities nearby except for a deserted park.
Lousy public transportation.Definitely more than 15mins walk to MRT, I walked and timed my walk.
Near to nothing.
Constant noise from the expressway. Huge balcony is useless if you dread opening it and sitting outside to take in the noise and pollution.

Seriously? $1,000+psf??:banghead:

forest tree
09-09-09, 16:27
Actually, if you are really keen, just buy it under parents' name. By the time your condo is about to TOP, then u buy from him/her. That is provided that you as the buyer in another few years' time is willing to fork out the stamp fees.

Explore this option before, parents retired so not easy to get loan

iridrium
09-09-09, 16:28
$1,000+ psf for a freehold condominium at West Coast? Fmr Hong Leong Garden Condo?

OMG, the property market is getting crazy. I used to hang around that place cos my ex-gf stayed there. I used to curse and swear whenever Im going there. Going there via AYE is still ok, but try to hit AYE back to the East is a pain in the butt. Prefer PIE? hoho, good luck on the jam at clementi.

Lousy public transportation.Definitely more than 15mins walk to MRT, I walked and timed my walk.
Near to nothing.
Constant noise from the expressway. Huge balcony is useless if you dread opening it and sitting outside to take in the noise and pollution.

Did I mentioned that CDL brought this site for $309psf ppr,or $363psf ppr including DC?

IMO, a good selling price will be not more than $800psf.

forest tree
09-09-09, 16:30

Near to nothing.

Actually i just got a call from an agent from hutton. According to him, they went for a briefing with CDL yesterday. Indicative price of $930 - $980 has been reduced to $713 to $813 psf. This is what he said, so if its not correct during the launch, please do not come after me:beats-me-man:

cheerful
09-09-09, 16:31
Hi John, juz wondering how is it that your fren's cpf plus his wife's one can be in multiples of 30k? Thot got cap one? Anyway, if they've taken the grant, then they shld live with & standby their actions lor :2cents:

I forgot to add that my friend and wife HDB is fully paid up and every month their cpf is balloning. Definitely multiples of 30k in their combined account. Not even counting their bank savings account yet cannot buy. 20% cash down payment for 1m property no issue but cannot buy cos of 30k cpf grant.

They should have just buy private from the start and not greedy the 30k grant.

Newly weds, if u are thinking of buying private property in the next five years but want to get a HDB in the short term, skip the cpf grant!!!!!

cheerful
09-09-09, 16:33
Actually i just got a call from an agent from hutton. According to him, they went for a briefing with CDL yesterday. Indicative price of $930 - $980 has been reduced to $713 to $813 psf. This is what he said, so if its not correct during the launch, please do not come after me:beats-me-man:

Same same ... my agent sms 930 -980 range but I do think the psf is probably listed price, shld be negotiable.

jonleelk
09-09-09, 16:40

$713 to $813 will be a reasonable price for the preview at that location.

Boompro
09-09-09, 16:58
Who is right? I just called a few Hutton agents that i knew personally. None said had briefing yet to reduce the indicative price. Indicative price is still $930 - $980 ?

Property_Owner
09-09-09, 17:16

How can prices goes back to 2006?

xebay11
09-09-09, 17:19
How can prices goes back to 2006?

Actually the national average psf price is about this price, new launches have skewed the analysis.

KarenK
09-09-09, 17:28
Explore this option before, parents retired so not easy to get loan

.......u can talk to the bank & offer to be their guarantor. no bank will turn down business and they will be all the more happier to have a guarantor for standby......

Property_Owner
09-09-09, 17:37
btw any idea what was the land cost for CDL?

amk
09-09-09, 17:42
if CDL's land cost is only 360, the selling price should be around $800. (360+270 construction for mass market = total cost $630). CDL is not FEO so can't be 1k.

As a reference Botannia was launched at 750.

I'm concerned about the AYE noise. Have you been to Infiniti ? Those units facing AYE are really noisy. You must close door at all times. And at the swimming pool you can hear the constant hum from AYE. From the site plan of 100 tree, I see the swimming pool is also along the AYE just like Infiniti.

Btw I still dun understand some forum member mentioning Carabelle is "very quiet". (I didn't see Carabelle.) Maybe it has something to do with the orientation. But its pool is also facing AYE ... :confused:

boeing777
09-09-09, 17:50
if CDL's land cost is only 360, the selling price should be around $800. (360+270 construction for mass market = total cost $630). CDL is not FEO so can't be 1k.

I'm concerned about the AYE noise. Have you been to Infiniti ? Those units facing AYE are really noisy. You must close door at all times. And at the swimming pool you can hear the constant hum from AYE. From the site plan of 100 tree, I see the swimming pool is also along the AYE just like Infiniti.

Btw I still dun understand some forum member mentioning Carabelle is "very quiet". (I didn't see Carabelle.) Maybe it has something to do with the orientation. But its pool is also facing AYE ... :confused:

Carabelle pool indeed has less noise. Cos probably infiniti and the blocks near AYE have absorbed most of the noise. Plus the water feature of the pool overflowing does creating some noise which probably drown the AYE road noise.

housewife
09-09-09, 18:26

carabelle pool is not facing AYE but behind stack 01 to 09. the east side of the pool still noisy coz AYE not totally blocked. the west side very quiet coz completely blocked by infinity. site plan of hundred tree is similar to existing hong leong, so can go there and hear. must be noisy.

JohnTan
09-09-09, 18:38
Hi John, juz wondering how is it that your fren's cpf plus his wife's one can be in multiples of 30k? Thot got cap one? Anyway, if they've taken the grant, then they shld live with & standby their actions lor :2cents:

What I meant was that the total amount in CPF that can be used for house was more than 100k (a multiple of 3 times 30K). Agree that there is CPF contribution cap of $4500 each.

You might ask me take cpf grant also got cap of 8k house hold income right? Correct, when they buy their household income is still below 8k :D household income but now is way above.

forest tree
09-09-09, 18:51
.......u can talk to the bank & offer to be their guarantor. no bank will turn down business and they will be all the more happier to have a guarantor for standby......
Good suggestion. Not sure if they will accept but worth trying if the price is good.

I drove around over the weekend, the worst blocks are those nearest to Ayer rajah hawker centre becos it's very near to aye connect to clementi 6 ave road. Somemore the road upslope, it's the same height as 4 storey high. :scared-1:

Property_Owner
09-09-09, 18:57
Found this

http://www.cdl.com.sg/cdlData.nsf/newspdf/41E8C9237044FBD1482572970018ADEE/$FILE/(FINAL)%20070307%20Press%20Release%20for%20the%20Acquisition%20of%20Hong%20Leong%20Garden%20Condo%20site.pdf

jonleelk
09-09-09, 21:20
I drove around over the weekend, the worst blocks are those nearest to Ayer rajah hawker centre becos it's very near to aye connect to clementi 6 ave road. Somemore the road upslope, it's the same height as 4 storey high. :scared-1:

yup...I will avoid those blocks as well.

The landed facing blocks likely will be shielded from the aye noise. However, as it is very close to the inner small road (much closer compared to distance between the aye facing blocks and aye), vehicles moving in the small road can be quite loud.

jonleelk
09-09-09, 21:26

Did a short walk this evening. Walk from Hong Leong Gardens entrance (where they are building the showflat) to Blk 506 took me 2 min. Last time walk from 506 to the u/c clementi shopping centre was 10 min as stated. Thus my initial estiamte of 15min from Hundred Tree to MRT is still correct for my walking pace.

btw...I am 1.84m tall...thus I have long legs. :D

Allthepies
10-09-09, 13:31
between the two upcoming launches Interlace and Hundred Trees, which do you think is a better development?

cheerful
10-09-09, 13:45
between the two upcoming launches Interlace and Hundred Trees, which do you think is a better development?

Eh ... bro, how to compare ah? 1 is almost FH while the other is LH ... 1 has more trees while the other tries so hard to look different :D

Common points: both not exactly near MRT

amk
10-09-09, 14:35
just my personal view... Interlace looks pretty interesting, I think at least for rental expats may like to stay there. For 100 Trees, more for home stay I think; also the AYE noise is really a big concern.

jonleelk
11-09-09, 23:16
The showflat looks almost done. Furniture already delivered and partially set up already. Rows of plants (not the hundred trees) also newly planted in front of the showflat.

Guess is now just waiting for the ghost month to end for the preview. Huttons agents are already seen outside the showflat promoting the hundred trees to passer-bys. But if it is still selling from $938psf, any reason to buy when carabelle/botannia/the parc are all selling at $850++ currently?

proud owner
11-09-09, 23:24
The showflat looks almost done. Furniture already delivered and partially set up already. Rows of plants (not the hundred trees) also newly planted in front of the showflat.

Guess is now just waiting for the ghost month to end for the preview. Huttons agents are already seen outside the showflat promoting the hundred trees to passer-bys. But if it is still selling from $938psf, any reason to buy when carabelle/botannia/the parc are all selling at $850++ currently?

i think they will still buy 100 3 even if its 938 psf

becos if they buy carabelle or botannia ..banks may not match those psf .. so they will still pay higher psf cos can get loan

ht
12-09-09, 00:04

becos if they buy carabelle or botannia ..banks may not match those psf .. so they will still pay higher psf cos can get loan

if they buy at 938psf, how much do u think they can sell??
even the Parc, which is better location perhaps, is also going for around 900psf, and Interlace, much better I thnk, is going at just under 1000psf.
One North is asking 1100psf....

in any case, the high asking price will benefit the surrounding developments, bring up their asking price and making them more attractive.

xtink
12-09-09, 00:16
i got a feeling now banks are getting less fearful and matching resale valuations already.

I recently called up to enquire abt a subsale, and based on the asking price (abt 20% higher than developer's sale roughly), i was surprised the agent said the price was backed by bank valuations!

But who's biting nobody knows. probably for those very popular pjts people might still go for the subsale though.

Honesty
12-09-09, 00:41
if they buy at 938psf, how much do u think they can sell??
even the Parc, which is better location perhaps, is also going for around 900psf, and Interlace, much better I thnk, is going at just under 1000psf.
One North is asking 1100psf....

in any case, the high asking price will benefit the surrounding developments, bring up their asking price and making them more attractive.

Ya, every month all these developers are pushing out new projects and price it higher and higher every time.

But do you guy think there are really so many buyers out there every month non stop buying?

This is no way!!! one day there will no more million buyer...then you will see who is the last person to buy at the most expensive mass condo in Singapore.

proud owner
12-09-09, 00:48
Ya, every month all these developers are pushing out new projects and price it higher and higher every time.

But do you guy think there are really so many buyers out there every month non stop buying?

This is no way!!! one day there will no more million buyer...then you will see who is the last person to buy at the most expensive mass condo in Singapore.

many many moons ago ... in the papers .. reported ..a malay woman ..said she walked into this Bishan HDB and loved it straight away ... she paid 800k for it ...

to date still unmatched ...

if the reporter who interviewed her last time ... maybe should interview her again .. ask if she still LOVE it the way she loved it before and ask if 800k for a Bishan HDB was really worth it ...

echotrain
12-09-09, 04:47

So which is the most ex mass market condo now? Still Centro?

Antz621
12-09-09, 10:38
So which is the most ex mass market condo now? Still Centro?

Centro and SilverSea. Both are babies of Singapore's richest man :spliff:

jonleelk
12-09-09, 10:50
Centro and SilverSea. Both are babies of Singapore's richest man :spliff:

and both are not selling well.

btw...today newspaper got full colour ad for hundred tree liao... coming soon...

is this the first time where u see full colour ad even before the preview?

Allthepies
12-09-09, 12:38

nope, just a week or 2 earlier, The Interlace is also putting up full cour ad... so i guess the response for these 2 projects not going too well?

jsh
12-09-09, 12:43
just checked with marketing agents . price of 100 trees is from $930 to $980 psf. can place booking now. soft launch is on 24&25 sept.

bargain hunter
12-09-09, 12:46
in the boom days of 2007, CDL also advertised full page colour ads for the super high range Cliveden @ Grange for a few weeks saying coming soon, then launched it at the peak. :ashamed1:

and both are not selling well.

btw...today newspaper got full colour ad for hundred tree liao... coming soon...

pinkamoon
12-09-09, 12:46
heard from agents that u have to give a blank chq to go in as VIP...

jonleelk
12-09-09, 13:17
just checked with marketing agents . price of 100 trees is from $930 to $980 psf. can place booking now. soft launch is on 24&25 sept.

If CDL also selling at this type of price for preview, for the price they paid for the land, other developers don't need to say liao...:doh:

Lucas
12-09-09, 14:48
heard from agents that u have to give a blank chq to go in as VIP...

I got the following e-mail from an agent, FYI.
From the site map and layout of the condo, more than half of the units will be FACING AYE. Good luck man:doh:

Dear Prospects,

Good day to you. The full-fledge floor plans for are ready for your perusal
Do follow the link below for downloads of e-brochures:http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/hundredtree/HundredTrees_Flrplans.pdf (http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/hundredtree/HundredTrees_Flrplans.pdf)For more information or ZIP file of e-brochures should you not be able to download, kindly go to:http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Hundred%20Tree.php (http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Hundred%20Tree.php)
We would like to bring good news that as of now, more than 70 cheques have been collected for the Priority Booking! We would strongly encourage you to be in the Priority Booking list should you have size-down on your unit type as soon as possible. (Do note that cheque submission now still does not constitute a sale until the final Preview day.

How Priority Booking Works are as follow:
1) Purchaser size down a unit type of their choice. (i.e: 1, 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms etc)
2) Purchaser & us meet up to do up the documentation and cheque collection for booking, we will also attached a banker to purchaser for Mortgage Loan IPA(In-Principal Approval)
3) On Preview Day @ 10 am or earlier, Preview Prices will be released.
4) We will either meet purchaser @ the showflat or call you to inform you of the Price.[/font]
5) If you are fine with the Price, on verbal/via SMS, you will instruct us to hand in the cheque for booking. We will fill in the amount on your cheque based on 5% of the quantum price of the unit.
6) If price is not right, we will not submit for you and we will return you your cheque. There is no penalty.

Due to the tremendous overwhelming response, we are confident and expecting the 396 Units of to be fully sold in 2-3 days! Do call me @ XXXXXX Or Our Sales Hotline @ XXXXXXXX should you have queries or for Priority Booking meet up, we will also get in touch with you shortly with this issue.

Till then, have a great weekend ahead! Many thanks..

jonleelk
12-09-09, 16:26
From the site map and layout of the condo, more than half of the units will be FACING AYE. Good luck man:doh:

At least the AYE facing units are in a N->NE facing...thus it will be cool in the afternoon. Trade off some noise with the sun.

jdm
12-09-09, 16:45
At least the AYE facing units are in a N->NE facing...thus it will be cool in the afternoon. Trade off some noise with the sun.

I would be really shocked if people buy the units facing the AYE at 900psf+. And please don't tell me 100 trees will block the noise.

Noon sun is not really 1pm sun, but from 5-7pm which is when the sun is more at a direct angle. Half the time the weather is cloudy in Singapore, so I'd rather have the sun(or lack of) than the noise.

jonleelk
12-09-09, 16:54
I would be really shocked if people buy the units facing the AYE at 900psf+. And please don't tell me 100 trees will block the noise.

Noon sun is not really 1pm sun, but from 5-7pm which is when the sun is more at a direct angle. Half the time the weather is cloudy in Singapore, so I'd rather have the sun(or lack of) than the noise.

The hundred trees are actually planted on the entrance side facing the landed...so will not help to block the AYE noise at all... :D

btw...afternoon sun more jialat from 2-5pm...warm up the whole room. After 5pm not too bad liao.

jonleelk
12-09-09, 18:11
Landed or aye side, both I won't pay $900psf...

jonleelk
12-09-09, 20:23

How Priority Booking Works are as follow:
1) Purchaser size down a unit type of their choice. (i.e: 1, 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms etc)
2) Purchaser & us meet up to do up the documentation and cheque collection for booking, we will also attached a banker to purchaser for Mortgage Loan IPA(In-Principal Approval)
3) On Preview Day @ 10 am or earlier, Preview Prices will be released.
4) We will either meet purchaser @ the showflat or call you to inform you of the Price.
5) If you are fine with the Price, on verbal/via SMS, you will instruct us to hand in the cheque for booking. We will fill in the amount on your cheque based on 5% of the quantum price of the unit.
6) If price is not right, we will not submit for you and we will return you your cheque. There is no penalty.

Hm...isn't the blank cheque supposed to be totally blank, ie no signature. How can agent just fill in the amt and submit for booking without signature?

bargain hunter
12-09-09, 22:01
blank cheque is with signature AND developer's account name. only amount is blank. consolation is that the money will only be entered into developer's account and not anyone elses LOL ;)

Hm...isn't the blank cheque supposed to be totally blank, ie no signature. How can agent just fill in the amt and submit for booking without signature?

jonleelk
12-09-09, 22:56
blank cheque is with signature AND developer's account name. only amount is blank. consolation is that the money will only be entered into developer's account and not anyone elses LOL ;)

Hm...different developer different practise? FEO project, their own agent only collect totally blank cheque, no name no signature.

Lucas
12-09-09, 23:17
Hm...different developer different practise? FEO project, their own agent only collect totally blank cheque, no name no signature.

Huh? What is the purpose of collecting just a cheque without anything on it?:)

jsh
12-09-09, 23:31
Landed or aye side, both I won't pay $900psf...

its immaterial whether u buy or not. u dont want to pay its your wish but u must understand that clever sizing of the units thus ensuring a lower quantum will attract buyers.price psf may be high but for a 2 b/rm it cost 700+k so quite affordable.

so long as they make the facilities very good & the finishings of superior quality i think buyers will bite. its afterall a 956years property.

echotrain
13-09-09, 03:19
Blank cheque just anyhow sign if you are worried. When really want to book, whip out the correctly signed one :P

xebay11
13-09-09, 06:50
its immaterial whether u buy or not. u dont want to pay its your wish but u must understand that clever sizing of the units thus ensuring a lower quantum will attract buyers.price psf may be high but for a 2 b/rm it cost 700+k so quite affordable.

so long as they make the facilities very good & the finishings of superior quality i think buyers will bite. its afterall a 956years property.

When it comes to 999 or FH properties best to get those with gracious living. Affordable or not, don't get taken in by the good finishings, ask yourself logically, why pay to live near the AYE? Would the nice finishings help to diminish the hellish noise and pollution? you can always experience these uncomfortable conditions for free by just standing next to the AYE, in this project the long lease would work against it, I don't think anyone would want him/herself and his descendants to experience the smog, smell, dust and noise for the next ten generations, might as well buy 99 yr LH with nice views and good facing, if affordability is an issue.

jsh
13-09-09, 09:06
When it comes to 999 or FH properties best to get those with gracious living. Affordable or not, don't get taken in by the good finishings, ask yourself logically, why pay to live near the AYE? Would the nice finishings help to diminish the hellish noise and pollution? you can always experience these uncomfortable conditions for free by just standing next to the AYE, in this project the long lease would work against it, I don't think anyone would want him/herself and his descendants to experience the smog, smell, dust and noise for the next ten generations, might as well buy 99 yr LH with nice views and good facing, if affordability is an issue.

Is there any difference between AYE & ECP? Why is it that no one bats an eyelid when Silversea sells at $1300psf. Also Laguna is going enbloc for an astronomical sum. These condos are all next to the ECP. Is one expressway different from another? I believe noise is the main issue here as with generous planting of trees & shrubs much of the dust & smog can be trapped.

proud owner
13-09-09, 09:11
Is there any difference between AYE & ECP? Why is it that no one bats an eyelid when Silversea sells at $1300psf. Also Laguna is going enbloc for an astronomical sum. These condos are all next to the ECP. Is one expressway different from another? I believe noise is the main issue here as with generous planting of trees & shrubs much of the dust & smog can be trapped.

both are just as bad ...
AYE noisy dusty no view no ERP

ECP noisy dusty SEAview ERP both ways ...
people pay more for the seaview . .. and the ERP increase cost .. so they build that into the cost ..hence they are more ex than those along AYE

like i said before long ago .. our east coast sea also not nice ..wait till you see Hampton

so to me both are lousy

xebay11
13-09-09, 09:34

You compare ECP to AYE and say no difference? Sorry I cant help you there, the differences are just too much to list. Hint, if you like the full unblocked views of chimnney stacks, go right ahead with 100 Trees :) Ask your Botannia Neighbours on the Panoramic factory views.

Lucas
13-09-09, 10:22
You compare ECP to AYE and say no difference? Sorry I cant help you there, the differences are just too much to list. Hint, if you like the full unblocked views of chimnney stacks, go right ahead with 100 Trees :) Ask your Botannia Neighbours on the Panoramic factory views.

East Coast ground is not as safe as west. Everyone knows that from the last few sumatra earthquakes. The whole stretch of east coast is on reclaim land . West coast side ground made of granite! Now Psf in west still relatively cheaper than east, so from investment viewpoint, many ppl are now looking west, whether got aye or factories. :)

proud owner
13-09-09, 10:28
East Coast ground is not as safe as west. Everyone knows that from the last few sumatra earthquakes. The whole stretch of east coast is on reclaim land . West coast side ground made of granite! Now Psf in west still relatively cheaper than east, so from investment viewpoint, many ppl are now looking west, whether got aye or factories. :)

i have a house and a condo on the west .. not beyond clementi road ..

both give very good rental yield

why i choose west ... firstly fengshui reason ..i belong to west group ...

second .. it is so close to town and CBD .. alot of people think east coast is near to town .. is it not ...from my house to CBD ..door(house) to door (office) 9 mins drive ... 25 mins by bus (peak hr) ... and future MRT is a nice 8 mins walk ..

east coast will have to wait till at least 2020 before theres MRT ...

jsh
13-09-09, 10:30

Maybe I should be more specific here. When I ask that question I am referring to noise & pollution . As for the views it has already been built into the price. What I am saying is : Is there any difference in the noise & pollution levels between the 2 expressways?

jonleelk
13-09-09, 11:24

I was actually referring to, why pay $900++ psf for hundred trees and wait 4 years when the parc / carabelle / botannia still have unoccupied units that u can get for $850 psf immediately? The whole area around there would more or less be the same price in the long term.

Honesty
13-09-09, 12:03
I was actually referring to, why pay $900++ psf for hundred trees and wait 4 years when the parc / carabelle / botannia still have unoccupied units that u can get for $850 psf immediately? The whole area around there would more or less be the same price in the long term.

Reason is, one you have to start paying the housing loan of $3,000 to $4,000 per month after 3 months of completion of the property and the other you only need to pay 20% now and wait for the price to increase over the 4 years and sell it away for a profit.

But looking at all these so call "smart investors" they are actually not smart, at these prices now so high and the chances of increasing to next level are very slim.

We are not in the share market that prices can always go up and up to the next higher level, we are talking about affordability.

If our income do not increase to the next level high, then how are we going to pay our housing loan.

jonleelk
13-09-09, 12:11
Reason is, one you have to start paying the housing loan of $3,000 to $4,000 per month after 3 months of completion of the property and the other you only need to pay 20% now and wait for the price to increase over the 4 years and sell it away for a profit.

But looking at all these so call "smart investors" they are actually not smart, at these prices now so high and the chances of increasing to next level are very slim.

We are not in the share market that prices can always go up and up to the next higher level, we are talking about affordability.

If our income do not increase to the next level high, then how are we going to pay our housing loan.

Agree, but not forgetting u will get rental immediately for carabelle/botannia/infiniti as new units are always more rental friendly.

How high can West Coast area goes? If it goes to $1200 psf, those who bought carabelle/botannia/infiniti will stand to make 100% profit. At the current peak where price is already considered crazy, this area is still $850 psf. Only The Parc which launched durrng the even crazier 2007 was selling at only $1000 psf then, and dropped to $850 psf now.

If CDL is selling at $950 psf...they will be just like FEO who already factor in the short term capital appreciation, with the fact that they got the land cheap (relatively).

xebay11
13-09-09, 18:20

Not all East Coast ground is on reclaimed land, please study your geography, and also Indonesia is closer to Western Singapore.

xebay11
13-09-09, 18:22
Maybe I should be more specific here. When I ask that question I am referring to noise & pollution . As for the views it has already been built into the price. What I am saying is : Is there any difference in the noise & pollution levels between the 2 expressways?

Frankly I would not chose both.

xebay11
13-09-09, 18:25
i have a house and a condo on the west .. not beyond clementi road ..

both give very good rental yield

why i choose west ... firstly fengshui reason ..i belong to west group ...

second .. it is so close to town and CBD .. alot of people think east coast is near to town .. is it not ...from my house to CBD ..door(house) to door (office) 9 mins drive ... 25 mins by bus (peak hr) ... and future MRT is a nice 8 mins walk ..

east coast will have to wait till at least 2020 before theres MRT ...

East Coast is closer to not just as to central CBD, but Suntec and Rochor area as well, this is moot point as it really all depends on where you work.

Allthepies
13-09-09, 18:29
Agree, but not forgetting u will get rental immediately for carabelle/botannia/infiniti as new units are always more rental friendly.

How high can West Coast area goes? If it goes to $1200 psf, those who bought carabelle/botannia/infiniti will stand to make 100% profit. At the current peak where price is already considered crazy, this area is still $850 psf. Only The Parc which launched durrng the even crazier 2007 was selling at only $1000 psf then, and dropped to $850 psf now.

If CDL is selling at $950 psf...they will be just like FEO who already factor in the short term capital appreciation, with the fact that they got the land cheap (relatively).

think should separate Carabelle/Botannia/Infiniti into 1 group and Hundred Trees/The Parc into another. There are in different leagues in terms of near amenities and MRT. My guess is Hundred Trees/The Parc will command a premium over Carabelle/Botannia/Infiniti in terms of location. :2cents:

wqmai
13-09-09, 18:30
Frankly I would not chose both.

So where you would choose????:D :D :D

xebay11
13-09-09, 18:34
So where you would choose????:D :D :D

Direct sea view is not my priority. Try Mandarin Gardens.

xebay11
13-09-09, 18:36
think should separate Carabelle/Botannia/Infiniti into 1 group and Hundred Trees/The Parc into another. There are in different leagues in terms of near amenities and MRT. My guess is Hundred Trees/The Parc will command a premium over Carabelle/Botannia/Infiniti in terms of location. :2cents:

Yeah quite true.

proud owner
14-09-09, 02:37
Direct sea view is not my priority. Try Mandarin Gardens.

i like to hear your view why mandarin gardens bro

xebay11
14-09-09, 08:11
i like to hear your view why mandarin gardens bro

The higher blocks at Mandarin Gardens are quite set back unlike other developments and if your tolerence for noise is reasonably good, you may consider.

stalingrad
14-09-09, 09:41
Frankly I would not chose both."

You would not choose both", you said. that means you would choose only one of the two. So, which of the two express ways is your favorite?

I can tell you really mean " I would not choose either" or "I would choose neither."

I guess the level of english proficiency in Singapore has dropped dramatically and consistently over time, what with immigration of non-english speakers form certain countries. I would come here and read some of the posts when I need a laugh bad. I guess it would be helpful if we demand certain english proficiency before allowing someone in.

xebay11
14-09-09, 10:16
"

You would not choose both", you said. that means you would choose only one of the two. So, which of the two express ways is your favorite?

I can tell you really mean " I would not choose either" or "I would choose neither."

I guess the level of english proficiency in Singapore has dropped dramatically and consistently over time, what with immigration of non-english speakers form certain countries. I would come here and read some of the posts when I need a laugh bad. I guess it would be helpful if we demand certain english proficiency before allowing someone in.

Which part of "not chose" and "both" do you not understand?

There is no "either".

stalingrad
14-09-09, 10:24
Which part of "not chose" and "both" do you not understand?

There is no "either".

You still don't understand what was wrong with your grammar. I give up. but before you write something or say something in english next time, please bear in mind your english is very poor and should seek help.

pweesng
14-09-09, 10:54
You still don't understand what was wrong with your grammar. I give up. but before you write something or say something in english next time, please bear in mind your english is very poor and should seek help.

not very fair lah..... if you wanna prove a point, argue on its merit... not on the forumers' English.... It is not perfect English i agree.... but anyone who read it (if they have been following the thread0 they would know what he is trying to say.

xebay11
14-09-09, 11:07

You are funny and no I do not need to seek help, much less yours :D Thank You.

Allthepies
14-09-09, 11:21
"

Language is just a means of comm. Since u already understand what he is trying to say, it has served its sole purpose. You must understand how to comm most effectively in different environment, not just stick to 1 form of a language. Anyway english is no longer as important with the west losing influence over time with all the blunders she has created. :2cents:

xebay11
14-09-09, 11:35
Hey Stalingard, constipation this morning? You seem an*l retentive.

stalingrad
14-09-09, 11:39
yes, I get anal every time I see persons with poor english expressing juvinile views on things they don't understand. Especially if they are from non-english speaking countries but think it is so easy to speak and write english. Seek help before penning anything so that you won't get laughed at by people like me.

xebay11
14-09-09, 11:50
yes, I get anal every time I see persons with poor english expressing juvinile views on things they don't understand. Especially if they are from non-english speaking countries but think it is so easy to speak and write english. Seek help before penning anything so that you won't get laughed at by people like me.

So which English speaking country are you from?

These days many people from so called English speaking countries read and and write English atrociously too, so what is your point?

And why do you think yourself so important that I would worry that I get laughed at by you? If I am an idiot, you must be an even bigger idiot by replying and actually responding to me.

BTW if your English is so good, "juvinile" is spelt with an "e" as in juvenile. Geez!

stalingrad
14-09-09, 12:20
Language is just a means of comm. Since u already understand what he is trying to say, it has served its sole purpose. You must understand how to comm most effectively in different environment, not just stick to 1 form of a language. Anyway english is no longer as important with the west losing influence over time with all the blunders she has created. :2cents:

Yes, I understood it. but does everyone understand him? I think not. I understood it because I live in this country full of singlish speakers and you need to understand all kinds of gibberish to survive.

xebay11
14-09-09, 13:03
Yes, I understood it. but does everyone understand him? I think not. I understood it because I live in this country full of singlish speakers and you need to understand all kinds of gibberish to survive.

So why are you still here? Can't make a living somewhere else? You sure sound foolish to live in a country where you can't stand the people.

I see a big "L" in your horizon.

julim
14-09-09, 13:56

Yo, ur english not very good either!

pweesng
14-09-09, 14:18

i think people like you, not that many lah... if you want to laugh at bad english... so be it... end of the day, in a forum, as long as we get the message thru, not a big issue.

karu
14-09-09, 15:57
Let's see if there'll still be any blank checques & Qs with today's announcement by MBT...

stalingrad
14-09-09, 15:59
Let's see if there'll still be any blank checques & Qs with today's announcement by MBT...
haha, surely you jest.

but we take it as a good news. now we can more more condos at lower prices, now that we get the speculators out of the way.

xebay11
14-09-09, 16:02
haha, surely you jest.

but we take it as a good news. now we can more more condos at lower prices, now that we get the speculators out of the way.

Good English? Starts paragraph with but? more more condos? What's that?

apple3
14-09-09, 17:36
haha, surely you jest.

你们都在说什么?:p

repanse71
14-09-09, 18:06
Blank cheque just anyhow sign if you are worried. When really want to book, whip out the correctly signed one :P

Please don't try this frivolous "anyhow" sign trick and then get into trouble.

Regards

repanse71
14-09-09, 18:18
Haha, so enlightening.
Actually, it took me a while to understand the phrase "would not choose both". I thought he meant "would not choose to buy both... but could do with either one or none at all."

Regards

Allthepies
14-09-09, 18:23
i guess the developer may not be so foolish to launch high now. They may even want to launch at 700++psf to quickly clear their stocks judging from the poor response (only 70 cheques collected so far), and before the government impose more anti-speculative measures. :2cents:

xebay11
14-09-09, 21:05
i guess the developer may not be so foolish to launch high now. They may even want to launch at 700++psf to quickly clear their stocks judging from the poor response (only 70 cheques collected so far), and before the government impose more anti-speculative measures. :2cents:

$700 psf can cover costs? Then what about the Carabelle, Botannia and Infiniti all drop prices liao.

Allthepies
14-09-09, 21:31
$700 psf can cover costs? Then what about the Carabelle, Botannia and Infiniti all drop prices liao.

land bought at $308psf ppr, if development cost is $300psf, it sell $750psf still makes money...$850psf makes more, $950psf makes a lot =)

if sell at $750psf, then Hundred Trees will become the most valued for money development in that area... ensure 100% sold out....

as for the rest of the development, willing buyers willing sellers, does CDL needs to take care wat happens to them? ;)

echotrain
14-09-09, 21:49
land bought at $308psf ppr, if development cost is $300psf, it sell $750psf still makes money...$850psf makes more, $950psf makes a lot =)

if sell at $750psf, then Hundred Trees will become the most valued for money development in that area... ensure 100% sold out....

as for the rest of the development, willing buyers willing sellers, does CDL needs to take care wat happens to them? ;)

That is true. If they launch it well it will be the most reasonaly priced dev in the area. Will be looking out for bargains now, will not miss the boat again!

boeing777
14-09-09, 22:12
That is true. If they launch it well it will be the most reasonaly priced dev in the area. Will be looking out for bargains now, will not miss the boat again!

one of the key reason for high mass market condo prices is high HDB prices. Malboro Tan did not address the problem of high HDB prices, instead he focus on the speculation in condos.

Truth is, high HDB prices will remain and this will be the main target market for developers. The measures introduced will have minimal impact if any

xebay11
15-09-09, 05:01
one of the key reason for high mass market condo prices is high HDB prices. Malboro Tan did not address the problem of high HDB prices, instead he focus on the speculation in condos.

Truth is, high HDB prices will remain and this will be the main target market for developers. The measures introduced will have minimal impact if any

The impact will be great as many who bought recently were speculators.

Property_Owner
15-09-09, 09:11
Malboro Tan did not address the problem of high HDB prices, instead he focus on the speculation in condos.

He did, without giving much infor!!!!!!!!

karu
15-09-09, 10:55

Wah $700 psf surely spoil mkt not only for nearby development but other launches in S'pore... condo price will dive!!!

Think will be lowered to low $900s if they really are very desperate, otherwise price shouldn't defer that much. They'll wait & see then hope that the measures will have minimal impact. Both buyers & developers will not make any drastic move for now.

W0520
15-09-09, 11:05
Wah $700 psf surely spoil mkt not only for nearby development but other launches in S'pore... condo price will dive!!!

Think will be lowered to low $900s if they really are very desperate, otherwise price shouldn't defer that much. They'll wait & see then hope that the measures will have minimal impact. Both buyers & developers will not make any drastic move for now.

If the launched price will be around S$900 PSF, then we should buy 'ready-to-occpied' condo and immediate get the return.

It doesn't make sense to keep on paying with no return in the next couple of years for the newly launched condo if the price is the almost the same as the completed one.

karu
15-09-09, 11:22
If the launched price will be around S$900 PSF, then we should buy 'ready-to-occpied' condo and immediate get the return.

It doesn't make sense to keep on paying with no return in the next couple of years for the newly launched condo if the price is the almost the same as the completed one.

Yes agree... Bontania, Carabelle & Infiniti are selling at $800+ psf right?? Go buy those better...

xtink
15-09-09, 11:38
this is a sweeping assumption...

The impact will be great as many who bought recently were speculators.

Allthepies
15-09-09, 20:07
Yes agree... Bontania, Carabelle & Infiniti are selling at $800+ psf right?? Go buy those better...

Yup if launched at 900psf, then no reason to buy from the developer. the developer can be greedy to launch at 900psf, but they will have to bear the risk of poor take up :tongue3:

if i were the developer, i will launch at 700-800psf and try to sell as many units as possible. why hold on to uncertainty? :2cents:

Lucas
15-09-09, 20:20
Yup if launched at 900psf, then no reason to buy from the developer. the developer can be greedy to launch at 900psf, but they will have to bear the risk of poor take up :tongue3:

if i were the developer, i will launch at 700-800psf and try to sell as many units as possible. why hold on to uncertainty? :2cents:

Haha, if you are really the developer, will you really launch at that price?:) These people are the likes of Mr Kwek and that is why they are damn rich

Allthepies
15-09-09, 22:09
Haha, if you are really the developer, will you really launch at that price?:) These people are the likes of Mr Kwek and that is why they are damn rich

oh quite true ah... heard Interlace launched above 1k psf... so i guess the developers are intent to squeeze dry all the desperate buyers =)

hans
15-09-09, 22:13
Hey guys, everybody seems to forget that in 2007, when DPS was removed, the market still went up farther.