PDA

View Full Version : Hundred Trees (Former Hong Leong Garden @West Coast Drive)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

jlrx
26-09-09, 22:52
Well obviously there are 5 groups of pple:
1- Pple who already profit from it - i.e those who already bot 6mths back during lows or recently sold theirs.. these pple have mixed views, if drop can buy more condos at cheaper price, if price up then sell their units which they bot at the lowest point
2- Trying to sell now in this uptrend and profit from it, hoping prices will keep going up
3- Chiong in buy buy buy, scare miss more boats even if boats got hole also dun care..any boat is a gd boat
4- Waiting for further crash in the market and hope many tio burn b4 chionging in for firesales
5- Cannot afford, nothing to do, come forum tcss

anything categories I might have missed out??

You have missed out a very important category.

6- Cannot afford, waiting for further crash in the market and hope many tio burn b4 chionging into forum tcss.

Condorich
27-09-09, 07:23
Or-organised as

1. Owners who bought - high or low won't matter as it will benefit if higher and not likely to be lower than what they bought in Mar
2. Owners wanna be - be in can afford or not, wanna be always want them cheap, sellers always want them high.. nothing wrong, those who want them cheap can also appear in the can afford group.
3. Talk cock sing song type - they will write all them want.. say what they want, you read their post and will try to decipher their meanings. If meaningful, good posts, if unable to understand.. just leave it..

Please note that the talk cock sing song type can be either from owners who bought, owners wanna be or just being themselves. So please do not end up with the wrong conclusions.

There is a saying which goes... don't 'dog eye see people low'... joking.

Condorich
27-09-09, 07:36
Please check out the secondary market. the asking prices for Botannia and Carabelle are high but the actual transactions are not taking place in large numbers. The number of calls to a mortgage officer's h/p has just dried up. Likewise for a resale agent. I am all ready to exit my investment property.

The above can be explained by buying behaviour.

20% is what it takes for a gamble in real estate for uncompleted project... versus 100% loan for completed project without good rental yield.

So you have most buyers rushing into new launches instead of completed units.

As a result, completed units are harder to sell and they will try to fish for a good deal. So you get more listings at higher prices.. everyone will try to join in the fun. Buyers decide to move in or not.

jsh
27-09-09, 08:33
The above can be explained by buying behaviour.

20% is what it takes for a gamble in real estate for uncompleted project... versus 100% loan for completed project without good rental yield.

So you have most buyers rushing into new launches instead of completed units.

As a result, completed units are harder to sell and they will try to fish for a good deal. So you get more listings at higher prices.. everyone will try to join in the fun. Buyers decide to move in or not.

It may take only 20% to gamble but they better take note to include stamp duties, 2.5% premium for IAS & lawyer fees. For 100 trees CDL does not allow assignment of option ie no nominees . Even for queuing (balloting)only buyer with the name on the booking sheet can buy. No change of name is allowed.And you cannot submit more than 1 blank cheque per buyer. This has allowed for an orderly & fair process.

Anyway at these asking prices I dont believe there's much scope for quick short term speculation.

esurprise
27-09-09, 09:16
Yes, just that it is a little high for the smaller units.

However, this project will be attractive if compared to coastal heights...

Both should be similar in pricing and both without MRT. However, one is L99 and the other is 956...plus low rise development. Give it another 10 to 20 years and there might be a chance for a increase in plot ratio...

20% to start the ball rolling... if got holding power... no need to worry too much about downside. A likely winner if so.

Hi ALL

Did you notice the small print that says 956years is calculated from 1928?
In reality, it is a 87xyrs left. The small print is at the back of the brochure.

Squall8888
27-09-09, 09:38
Studio sold out before showflat even open.

hmm, i only heard that 1 bedders are sold out yesterday.
When I left 1 hour ago, there are still 2 bedders... already snapped up within that 1 hour?

kane
27-09-09, 09:45
Hi ALL

In reality, it is a 87xyrs left. The small print is at the back of the brochure.

that's kind of splitting hairs no? that's hardly material info.

Squall8888
27-09-09, 09:45
Good one but it doesn't matter... 800+ years

Hi ALL

xtink
27-09-09, 09:56
quite the same case as BH, 999 years from 1800++....but well, by the time depreciation calculations comes as a real concern, one would have from:

----> egg/sperm ==> human
|_____________________| x 7-8 times cycle already

If one happens to fall out of the loop, then that's too bad. :) :)

jonleelk
27-09-09, 10:06
From agent : as of yesterday (Sat) 5pm. 3-bedders only left with 7 units.

kane
27-09-09, 11:04
I've been thinking why people pay a premium over existing resale units, the only rational explanation I can think of is that they are planning for self stay. if you're going to rent it out to some stranger, why bother buying brand new to be completed in 3 years time? especially in the case of projects without IAS where you don't get any cash inflow up till TOP.

jonleelk
27-09-09, 11:08
Just received latest update from agent:

stack 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 26-34 100% sold. 1 and 2 brm 100% sold. 3 bdrm balance 7 units at stack 25, penthouse bal 1 unit.

Remaining stack of 2+1, 3+1 and 4 bdrm will be released today.

moneyspinner
27-09-09, 11:22

stack 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 26-34 100% sold. 1 and 2 brm 100% sold. 3 bdrm balance 7 units at stack 25, penthouse bal 1 unit.

Any price increase for the new release today??:doh:

xtink
27-09-09, 11:22
i can think of 3 reasons:

1. rental mkt is still relatively weak now, so why buy now and be stuck with it with low rental yield, although i see people commenting that rents are starting to creep up, esp in the prime areas
2. even if you are on NPS for NEW projects, you do not start off ur montly repayment at say 2-4k/mth, as it is indeed progressive depending on the progress of the constructions. So the few hundreds repayment is still "good for now".
3. buy in the hope 3-4 yrs will see real economy recovering

I've been thinking why people pay a premium over existing resale units, the only rational explanation I can think of is that they are planning for self stay. if you're going to rent it out to some stranger, why bother buying brand new to be completed in 3 years time? especially in the case of projects without IAS where you don't get any cash inflow up till TOP.

bargain hunter
27-09-09, 11:50
that's a great update! seems like 2+study stacks are not so popular though. the stacks 3 and 24 which were released on friday afternoon still not sold out.

not sure if its the pool view or the fact that the bigger 3+1 and 4 bedders are not pool facing but pool view seems to be selling out faster.

by your agent's confirmation, 233 units have been sold and likely more in other stacks so total units sold should easily be between 250 to 300 units by now.

DC33_2008
27-09-09, 12:24
Reason:It is not far from the AYE, and trees are to absorb the noise from the traffic and filter off the dust. Those units facing West Coast Road will be much better in terms of noise. However, vehcular soots from the long vehicle going to and fro from tuas will get to the development whether it is facing towards or away from the AYE. The swimming pool will bound to be oily and filtration plant will have to be maintained regularly. Hope the buyers or potential buyers have considered this very important with the growing traffic volume in Singapore.

Condorich
27-09-09, 12:44
It may take only 20% to gamble but they better take note to include stamp duties, 2.5% premium for IAS & lawyer fees. For 100 trees CDL does not allow assignment of option ie no nominees . Even for queuing (balloting)only buyer with the name on the booking sheet can buy. No change of name is allowed.And you cannot submit more than 1 blank cheque per buyer. This has allowed for an orderly & fair process.

Anyway at these asking prices I dont believe there's much scope for quick short term speculation.

Yes, agree.. stamp duties and legal fees are implied.

This is more likley to be at least a 3 to 5 year term investment.

Those with holding power would be rewarded when the economy recovers.

cheerful
27-09-09, 12:54
not sure if its the pool view or the fact that the bigger 3+1 and 4 bedders are not pool facing but pool view seems to be selling out faster.

But won't that also mean being nearer to the expressway?

jonleelk
27-09-09, 13:15
that's a great update! seems like 2+study stacks are not so popular though. the stacks 3 and 24 which were released on friday afternoon still not sold out.

3 stacks of 2+1 are 100% sold (stack 8, 15 and 19). 3 and 24, as mentioned which were released last Fri, are at the corner of the development which still have balance. Remaining 2 stacks are 11 (pool view) and 20 (clubhouse view).

My guess stack 11 was not released over the last few days, else should be confirmed chop chop finish based on the rate for the pool view units so far.

Huttons sold 80% ....CBRE 20%...total 276 units sold

jonleelk
27-09-09, 13:23
Reason:It is not far from the AYE, and trees are to absorb the noise from the traffic and filter off the dust. Those units facing West Coast Road will be much better in terms of noise. However, vehcular soots from the long vehicle going to and fro from tuas will get to the development whether it is facing towards or away from the AYE. The swimming pool will bound to be oily and filtration plant will have to be maintained regularly. Hope the buyers or potential buyers have considered this very important with the growing traffic volume in Singapore.

The Hundred Trees that this development is named after are planted facing the landed. :D

jonleelk
27-09-09, 13:28
Any price increase for the new release today??:doh:

Even on Fri, the units released in the afternoon are more ex compared to the units released in the morning.

stalingrad
27-09-09, 13:53
obviously, the fact that the furnishings and fittings at Hundred Trees are worse than those at Carabelle and Botannia are not deterring any one from buying. I went to take a look, everything is plastic, including the wardrobes and bathtubes. the quality is not much better than what we see at HDB.

cheerful
27-09-09, 14:00
plastic bathtubs??? wow .... :scared-5:

cheerful
27-09-09, 14:03
Huttons sold 80% ....CBRE 20%...total 276 units sold

Pretty amazing hor .. no wonder tt hutton agent too busy to follow up (but juz as well since I'm not interested in the trees). Guess the show suites muz be damn crowded ..gosh. Thank goodness nvr go & squeeze :p

housewife
27-09-09, 14:11
obviously, the fact that the furnishings and fittings at Hundred Trees are worse than those at Carabelle and Botannia are not deterring any one from buying. I went to take a look, everything is plastic, including the wardrobes and bathtubes. the quality is not much better than what we see at HDB.
furnishing even worse than carabelle?! woh can't imagine it. i was already quite surprised at carabelle's kitchen and toilet (not pleasant surprise :p).

stalingrad
27-09-09, 14:21
At lease at carabelle, the wardrobes are made of wood (not solid wood). Not to mention that at carabelle and botannia, the flooring is marble, vs. regular tiles at hundred trees, not to mention the fact the AYE affects hundred trees much more than it does carabelle and botannia.

Given what we saw at hundred trees and the night market atmosphere, owners at botannia and carabelle should raise their prices to 1000 psf, if not more.

dtrax
27-09-09, 14:43
Ya have to agree... the furnishing at 百树 really cmi, I guess that developer had no choice but the suck at much money from buyers to maximize profits. Maybe spend too much money planting trees tat's why need to offset using inferior qualities and homogeneous tiles thereby able to price the development within the 8xx-9xx range. You think if they use marbles, they will give u this price? But might as well, at most TOP relay the whole floor with marble

stalingrad
27-09-09, 15:39
Don't help find he excuse for CDL. How much can a hundred lousy trees cost? It is greed, pure and simple, that made them choose the worse kinds of furnishings for hundred trees. I told the agent, if I am going to pay 900plus psf for a condo, the least I expect is to have marble floor, and a real ceramic bathtub. He said, you can rip off all, and replace them with your own. My reply, it is a matter of respect. If the developer shows no respect for my money, he will not earn any. I did not buy.

jdm
27-09-09, 16:57
carabelle has THE worst finishings i've ever seen. that dumpy kitchen and those bathrooms with that awful colouring. no lux feel for this condo at all. i didn't think condos could get any worse.

all bathtubs nowadays are made of fiberglass. even botannia and carabelle.

only old condos have porcelain - it's very expensive for MASS market condos.....

Honesty
27-09-09, 17:04
Don't help find he excuse for CDL. How much can a hundred lousy trees cost? It is greed, pure and simple, that made them choose the worse kinds of furnishings for hundred trees. I told the agent, if I am going to pay 900plus psf for a condo, the least I expect is to have marble floor, and a real ceramic bathtub. He said, you can rip off all, and replace them with your own. My reply, it is a matter of respect. If the developer shows no respect for my money, he will not earn any. I did not buy.

Right, stupid to waste your hard earn money this way.

echotrain
27-09-09, 22:02
At lease at carabelle, the wardrobes are made of wood (not solid wood). Not to mention that at carabelle and botannia, the flooring is marble, vs. regular tiles at hundred trees, not to mention the fact the AYE affects hundred trees much more than it does carabelle and botannia.

Given what we saw at hundred trees and the night market atmosphere, owners at botannia and carabelle should raise their prices to 1000 psf, if not more.

well I don't own any of these developments but I think that furnishings is te least of concerns. Locating is the most important. Those "designer" appliances that some development have can all be bought for 10k. What is 10k compared to the price of the apartment? But location, that cannot be changed once you buy a place. You just have to sell it and move.

amk
27-09-09, 22:16
3. Talk cock sing song type - they will write all them want.. shall we name them ? hahaha :)

actually there is another genuine group here: who is currently sitting on a loss because of either bad luck or bad timing or bad choice or whatever reason.. for this group, it's hard to believe everything else is rising in price except his. This group is extremely cautious in any project because of the current loss he's sitting on, and will question the affordability of every project, implying unknowingly from his own situation.

but this group at least has more reasoning than the above tcss type, who has neither the experience, nor the capacity, for any pty investment.

now back to topic: 100 Tree finishing. It's not so bad lah! If you compare with Carabelle, I have to say it's personal taste. The whole scheme of Carabelle is, well, you either like it or hate it. 100 Tree is very much like Livia, standard CDL style. (btw for bathtubs, no more ceramic already. that's old tech. now it's all fiberglass. light weight and stronger. ceramic can chip u know, more dangerous.) Floor finishing is a bit disappointing though. But the biggest one for me, (and stalingrad, u r going to love this ;)), is the rubbish chute.

btw who said the units are either AYE or west sun facing ? in fact no units are west sun facing. the non AYE facing units have pretty good S facing. That's all the 4bds.

jlrx
28-09-09, 00:47
the above tcss type, who has neither the experience, nor the capacity, for any pty investment.

This tcss type can also be very powerful.

By not buying any property, they can bet against those who did.

I was so afraid of them that I went into hiding for almost a year after Lehman Brothers, and didn't even dare to peep into this forum until I almost could not find the password for my nick ...:scared-3:

How come so low class? Don't the boss or relatives themselves usually buy a few units?

Or maybe they only buy the penthouses?

What about the penthouses? Are they similarly furnished?

Condorich
28-09-09, 09:11
So many people talking cock.. including the few post above.

Already said enough...

JohnTan
28-09-09, 09:36
Swung by over the weekend, indeed the show flat was crowded.

Any updates on the number of units sold so far, my understanding is that all stacks have been launched already.

jonleelk
28-09-09, 11:06
Swung by over the weekend, indeed the show flat was crowded.

Any updates on the number of units sold so far, my understanding is that all stacks have been launched already.

Checked with my agent. As of last night, sold 315 units. 3-bdr and pehthouse left with 1 each.

JohnTan
28-09-09, 11:14
Checked with my agent. As of last night, sold 315 units. 3-bdr and pehthouse left with 1 each.

So if your agent is correct then it is almost 80 %sold. Although i do not agree with the price, nevertheless in my opinion those are impressive numbers for a single weekend of sales.

stalingrad
28-09-09, 11:35
So if your agent is correct then it is almost 80 %sold. Although i do not agree with the price, nevertheless in my opinion those are impressive numbers for a single weekend of sales.
It is going to be sold out real soon, despite the absence of an in-suite garbage chute and the sub-par quality of standard furnishings. I guess the owners of carabelle and botannia are going to laugh all the way to the bank too.

Checked out several 4-bedders at Stack 1. the one on the 5th floor is selling for 900 psf.:eek: I thought we were still in a recession. the agent kept saying "less than 1000 for a prime location." Since when has D5 being merged into D10?:doh:

cheerful
28-09-09, 11:38
Sold out soon? So fast meh (got balance not launched yet rite) ... how many units in total??

JohnTan
28-09-09, 11:52
Sold out soon? So fast meh (got balance not launched yet rite) ... how many units in total??

This development only has 396 units, cannot launch anymore.

According to jonleelk agent, 315 have been sold. that is 79.5% sold as of yesterday. :scared-4:

jonleelk
28-09-09, 12:08
This development only has 396 units, cannot launch anymore.

According to jonleelk agent, 315 have been sold. that is 79.5% sold as of yesterday. :scared-4:

As mentioned by JohnTan, all stacks are released. 1 and 2 bdrm fully sold. 3 bdrm (04-25) and penthouse (12-18) left with 1 each. Remaining are all 2+1, 3+1 (stack 6 only left with 01-06) and 4 bdrm.

andy
28-09-09, 12:27
It is going to be sold out real soon, despite the absence of an in-suite garbage chute and the sub-par quality of standard furnishings. I guess the owners of carabelle and botannia are going to laugh all the way to the bank too.

Unless I'm wrong, it is not that easy to sell apartments that has TOPed. There is still a heavy premium for units not built yet versus units have been lived in eventhough they are a few months old.:2cents:

Nevertheless it should improve the value of the surrounding estates.

pmet
28-09-09, 13:35
why 2+1 hard to sell ah?
also, i realize patio units are one of the least in demand?

BBelle
28-09-09, 13:37
why 2+1 hard to sell ah?

think the 2+1 balance are the extreme stacks and not much views.

Condorich
28-09-09, 13:52
why 2+1 hard to sell ah?
It depends on project. If only got 2+1 units or bigger, they are sure to be first to be sold out. You need to know the profile of buyers and whether it is for self stay or resale. For self stay, more fussy. For resale, cheaper ones will do better.

focus
28-09-09, 16:21
Unless I'm wrong, it is not that easy to sell apartments that has TOPed. There is still a heavy premium for units not built yet versus units have been lived in eventhough they are a few months old.:2cents:

Nevertheless it should improve the value of the surrounding estates.

No leh.. most of the TOP properties are commanding more than their launch prices..
The SeaView & The Sail as example

andy
28-09-09, 16:35
No leh.. most of the TOP properties are commanding more than their launch prices..
The SeaView & The Sail as example

Yeah, you are right. But is this for selected properties only? Seafront does not seem to be moving.

What resale properties are moving and what kind of properties are not moving?

Laguna
28-09-09, 16:35
#01-17 is going at only $795 with PES of 400 sq ft.
Good buy, facing the park and the 100 trees:doh:

pmet
28-09-09, 18:01
Just got a 1227sqft ground floor unit with patio (2+1 study) for around 960k. It's at the extreme end facing AYE. Works out to be around 782psf.

Good buy?

cheerful
28-09-09, 18:08
Hi laguna, is that for 100 Trees? Care to share how u got that info pls..

About the TOP pricing, thot could be lower than launch price if firesales or owners change of mind. On the other hand, could be higher since potential buyers who really like the end product they see are willing to part by paying a premium (afterall, people 'queue' for them).

mr funny
28-09-09, 21:14
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/premiumstory/0,4574,352034-1253995140,00.html?

Published September 26, 2009

CDL sells over 200 units at Hundred Trees

SALES at City Developments Ltd's (CDL) Hundred Trees condo in the West Coast area crossed the 200-unit mark by 6pm yesterday.

As at that time, CDL had released 280 of the total 396 units in the 956-year leasehold condo, the developer said in a release yesterday evening.

Earlier yesterday afternoon, CDL said that it had released a selected number of units for soft launch at an average price of $895 per square foot (psf).

However, BT understands that the above pricing was for the initial batch of about 150 units released on Thursday for a preview to former owners of Hong Leong Garden Condominium (from whom CDL bought the site for the project), CDL staff and a few special guests.

A further 130 units released yesterday were probably priced slightly higher, market watchers reckoned.

CDL is also offering interest absorption scheme (IAS) in exchange for a 2.5 per cent price premium. CDL did not provide a breakdown on how many buyers picked up their units on IAS.

Although IAS was scrapped on Sept 14, a developer can still offer the scheme if before that date, it had entered into an agreement on this with a partner bank and had already offered units in the development for sale under IAS before Sept 14.

BT understands that Hundred Trees' 200-unit sales figure as at 6pm yesterday includes nearly 40 units sold on Thursday. All 22 one-bedroom units have been sold and the two-bedders are substantially sold too.

One-bedders were priced from around $498,000 while prices of two-bedroom apartments began from about $655,000.

'The development has a high proportion of smaller units. That makes the lump-sum investment affordable,' observed Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng. 'At that kind of price level, they have sold that many units . . . they've done a good job. The project has a nice name: Hundred Trees.

'Demand does not seem to be severely tempered by the recent government measures to cool the market,' he added.

DMG & Partners Securities analyst Brandon Lee said: 'In the mass market, anything priced between $800 psf and $900 psf will sell. Basically, there's a lack of alternative investment options out there amidst the current low interest rate environment and a lack of faith in financial products.'

CDL said yesterday evening that it will be releasing more units in the development to cater to the 'overwhelming response'. Hundred Trees is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and Huttons.

CDL, part of the Hong Leong Group, is familiar with the West Coast area. In recent years, it has developed Monterey Park Condominium. And recently, it completed Botannia condo, a joint development with CapitaLand. 'CDL knows it's not that easy selling larger units in that location,' a market watcher observed.

Sources said that potential buyers who had submitted blank cheques by Thursday night balloted for queue numbers issued yesterday morning when the showflat opened. The balloting however was for a queue number to enter the showflat, and not for selection of units, unlike the ballot conducted in late July for the sale of units at Optima@Tanah Merah condo.

Reporter
28-09-09, 21:41
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Singapore population hits 5M
Melissa Pang
The Straits Times
Monday, 28 September 2009, 6.00pm

If you feel that Singapore seems to be more crowded these days, it's because the population here has hit almost 5 million.

The Population Trends 2009 report released by the Department of Statistics on Monday, revealed that the Republic's total population as at end June was 4,987,600.

About 75% are Singapore citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs), otherwise known as Singapore residents, and the remaining 25% are non-residents.
They should have planted more trees.

100 trees aren't enough for 5M people.

Laguna
28-09-09, 21:42
Hi laguna, is that for 100 Trees? Care to share how u got that info pls..

About the TOP pricing, thot could be lower than launch price if firesales or owners change of mind. On the other hand, could be higher since potential buyers who really like the end product they see are willing to part by paying a premium (afterall, people 'queue' for them).

If I can quote the unit number, u can verify it yourself. The price was given to me by an agent on site. The price is low due to the 400 sq ft pes. It was not yet launched when there yesterday around 4pm+

cheerful
28-09-09, 21:44
oh noted, thks laguna. Don't think good buy then :2cents:

lol @ the post by Reporter ... he's funny lah, really a 'reporter' ... counting trees & population :D

Laguna
28-09-09, 21:49
oh noted, thks laguna. Don't think good buy then :2cents:

lol @ the post by Reporter ... he's funny lah, really a 'reporter' ... counting trees & population :D

I think 99% of the buyers did not even know what sort of trees, and how big it can grow, 100 trees, crack every way of the ground. Collect drop leaves, death flowers only, not talk about other problems, when the trees fall sick. All thought we have the Jp sakura...LOL...

Near to Jp schools, the buyers forgot this thing call "school bus".

Anyway, the architect is very creative. Maintenance after all is not their problems.

jlrx
29-09-09, 04:22
Just got a 1227sqft ground floor unit with patio (2+1 study) for around 960k. It's at the extreme end facing AYE. Works out to be around 782psf.

Good buy?

Very good buy! :cheers1:

Patio is very cool! :spliff:

Can put a lot of things, like this cable car in this SMU Professor's house's patio.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/PatioCableCarSmall.jpg

The Edge Singapore, 28 September 2009.

A fortnight ago, Jeremy Goh, a director (academic) at Singapore Management University's (SMU) Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics, attended the private preview of The Interlace, which will be a 1,040-unit development on the site of the former Gillman Heights ...
"It's like a piece of art perched on the hill, unlike so many of the high-rise projects in Singapore," says Goh, who purchased a two-bedroom unit for around $900,000 ... "Twenty five years ago, we were a population of 2.5 million, and now we are at 4.8 million and want to grow to 5.5 million - and real estate is all about demographics ..."
The family moved into Citylights last year ...
When Mount Faber Leisure Group announced a $36 million makeover of the Singapore cable cars, ... Goh asked if he could buy one and bid $2,888 for a red cabin. It was delivered to his patio with the help of a mobile crane a fortnight ago and is the latest attraction among residents at Citylights.

pmet
29-09-09, 05:36
Thanks jlrx. Although I know lots of uses for a patio (bbq, outdoor benches/swings, flower bed, grass, vegetables, tall plants and even small trees), this is the first time I've heard of ppl putting a cable car in their patio. What's next?

Btw, the patio area @ hundred trees is huge and spans across three rooms. Maybe decomission an old car and put it in your patio so guests can admire the "antique"?

pmet
29-09-09, 05:40
If I can quote the unit number, u can verify it yourself. The price was given to me by an agent on site. The price is low due to the 400 sq ft pes. It was not yet launched when there yesterday around 4pm+

Huge 1800sqft unit with big quantum of around 1.4m!

Reporter
29-09-09, 10:47
Hundred Trees sells another 116 units
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Weekend buyers again flocked to one of the most popular recent mass market condominium launches, though the frenzied pace of selling of late last week appeared to have slowed slightly.

City Developments (CDL) said it had sold another 116 units at the weekend preview of its latest condo project Hundred Trees, bringing total sales to 316 units.

That is nearly 80% of the development, or more than 90% of the 350 launched units. The condo, which sits on the 267,598 sq ft former Hong Leong Garden condo site in West Coast Drive, has 396 units.

The average price achieved is about $910 psf, up from the initial price of $895 psf for the first 151 units sold, the developer said yesterday.

There was a ’slight adjustment of 1 to 2% increase in price’ for the subsequent phases, it said.

As with many recent launches, the smaller units were the first to be snapped up. CDL started the preview last Thursday and sold 200 units, including all the 22 one-bedders and most of the two-bedders, within two days.

The 66 two-bedders priced from $701,000 as well as the six penthouses costing $2.4 million to $2.6 million were sold out after the weekend.

CDL will be formally launching the 956-year leasehold condo for sale this weekend even though most units were sold in the preview.

About 25% of the buyers paid 2.5% on top of their purchase price in order to take up the interest absorption scheme.

The scheme allows them to defer the bulk of the purchase price until the condo is completed. This option was removed by the Government earlier this month, though projects that were offered for sale with the scheme before the removal can continue to do so.

CDL said 85% of the buyers were locals, and that they were a balanced mix of HDB upgraders and buyers who already live in private residential property.

Its group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong said the company observed that some buyers were keen to hold their units for investment or rental income in view of the upcoming redevelopment projects like Clementi Town Centre.

mr funny
29-09-09, 19:44
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,352251,00.html?

Published September 29, 2009

Hundred Trees defies market chill elsewhere

Sales taper off at many projects as cooling measures start to seep in

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) City Developments Ltd (CDL) sold a whopping 316 units last week at its Hundred Trees condo in the West Coast, a quarter of them on interest absorption scheme (IAS). Demand for most other projects, however, seemed to falter.

'Hundred Trees is amongst the last few developments where buyers may opt for IAS,' CDL noted in its press release yesterday. The developer has raised the 956-year leasehold condo's average price from $895 psf initially to about $910 psf. Those who buy on IAS pay a 2.5 per cent price premium.

It was a different story elsewhere as house-hunters ponder the implications of the Sept 14 measures by the government to cool the market. These include scrapping IAS and restarting confirmed list government land sales in first half 2010.

One property consultant even hazarded a guess that 'a pull-back in demand of 10 per cent is not unrealistic'.

BT understands that CapitaLand and its partners last week sold fewer than 20 units at The InterLace condo which will be developed on the Gillman Heights site, after selling 233 units the preceding week. No IAS is being offered for the 99-year leasehold condo.

Analysts point out that the project's pricing is also not compelling. Prices range from $850 to $1,150 psf though market watchers say that on average, the price is about $1,000 psf. The project's unique design may appeal to some but not others, they added.

InterLace also does not have any one-bedroom units, which typically involve a lower lump sum investment and tend to sell off fastest in projects, a market watcher said.

In the Marine Parade location, GuocoLand sold another 21 units at its freehold Elliot At The East Coast project last week. This brings total units sold to 66 units. The developer has released 80 of the total 119 units in the five-storey project at an average price of $970 psf. It is offering IAS in exchange for a 2 per cent price premium. So far four buyers have taken up the scheme. GuocoLand began selling the condo on Sept 19.

Sales at projects that have been on the market longer have tapered off. For instance, NTUC Choice Homes last week sold five units at its 99-year leasehold Trevista condo in Toa Payoh bringing total units sold to 478 units in the 590-unit condo.

So far this month, the developer appears to have sold 65 units. The average price currently is $935 psf, higher than $898 psf initially. The price premium for IAS buyers is 2 per cent. So far 21 per cent of the total 478 units sold have been on IAS.

Far East Organization sold 24 units last week at its various projects across the island. Its top selling projects were Waterfront Keys and Waterfront Waves in Bedok, Floridian in Bukit Timah, and Mi Casa in Choa Chu Kang.

BT understands several other projects on the island saw sales of just one or two units over the weekend. Meadows @ Peirce is said to have seen sales of two units and Trizon in the Mount Sinai area, just one unit.

A seasoned property consultant said: 'The market had cooled off slightly even before the Sept 14 measures as price resistance set in after rapid price increases between May and August. People throng showflats of newly released developments, looking for the best units and buy what they can afford. After that, it can be a slow climb in terms of sales volume.'

Most developers and agents have been arguing that the removal of IAS will not make a big dent on home sales as only a minority of buyers in projects where it is offered at a price premium have been taking up the scheme in recent months.

'However, it is not the removal of IAS but the overall message, that the government is monitoring the market closely and ready to do more if necessary, that is having a psychological impact,' reckons DTZ's South-east Asia research head Chua Chor Hoon.

'The Sept 14 package was a warning to market participants and a reminder to potential buyers to be careful,' she added.

A property agent told BT that some people have walked away from buying units in new condos from developers recently as prices at some just-completed developments nearby or projects which are nearing completion are about 20 per cent less in some instances.

CDL said yesterday that 85 per cent of Hundred Trees' buyers were Singaporeans.

'There was a balanced mix of HDB upgraders and buyers who hold private property addresses,' it added. All 22 one-bedroom units, priced from $500,000, and 66 two-bedroom apartments, priced from $701,000, have been sold,' it added.

All six penthouses costing between $2.4 million and $2.6 million have also been taken up. So far, CDL has soft launched 350 of Hundred Trees' total 396 units.

It will release the remaining units this weekend, when it does an official launch, involving an ad campaign.

jlrx
29-09-09, 22:38
Thanks jlrx. Although I know lots of uses for a patio (bbq, outdoor benches/swings, flower bed, grass, vegetables, tall plants and even small trees), this is the first time I've heard of ppl putting a cable car in their patio. What's next?

Btw, the patio area @ hundred trees is huge and spans across three rooms. Maybe decomission an old car and put it in your patio so guests can admire the "antique"?

Good idea! :cheers1:

The Goh family above plans to turn the cable car into "a little dining space for the family". :cheers6:

Are you allowed to put a ship in the patio? Maybe a small one, similar to this Hong Kong housing estate Whampoa Garden. Imagine one of this in your patio ... :p

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fzq94YVbHHM/SITv0sJvCSI/AAAAAAAALLQ/yF8wsfR8_Lo/s400/ship_restaurant_01.jpg

Then you can use it as an additional bedroom and sleep in it ... :p

Wonder whether URA will allow? :confused:

kane
29-09-09, 23:04
a development like carribean or reflections probably can house one of these in their seaside patio.

jlrx
30-09-09, 00:00
a development like carribean or reflections probably can house one of these in their seaside patio.

Maybe small patio can put a small yacht like this ...

http://www.cancuncd.com/cancun-yacht/62-gen003.jpg

Quite cool to have this on your patio ...

Can hold a dinner party inside and entertain friends while imagining yourself out at sea. :spliff:

Reporter
30-09-09, 09:49
This price up swing is well supported.

Govt move is to prevent bubble and not poking a bubble.

The mania has not come as demand is for real. I am studing the immigration pattern which is very similiar to UK, if that is really the case; our property will have a hugh move coming within 1-2 years.

6-7 million people in Singapore will be a reality when Casinos open their door and more visitors come here and may even opt to stay here.

I think this price upswing is an asia wide event.

Properties across asia ( HK, China, Malaysia, Vietnam) have all increased in value these few years due to speculation & inflation.

My friends 320k 2 bed room at Kuala Lumpur Malaysia seri bukit celyon somerset (http://realtymalaysia.blogspot.com/2009/01/seri-bukit-ceylon-aka-somerset.html) almost thriple in value (http://gilliantan.iagent.my/default.aspx?p=Listings&type=SR) over 2 years. While my brother's 3 unit at Icon was bough at 800psf but sold at 1600psf. (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/propDetails.aspx?Type=2&PropKey=1914205)

My investment in Shenzhen Futian also increased from 7000yuan psm to over 18000psm now.

As long as the "HOT" money keeps pouring into asia, this property party never seems to end.

In singapore, the fever looks to be going on for many more years. I've just snapped up 2 units at hundred trees...now waiting for the money to grew on these trees :)
Just "snapped up" 2 trees with "hot money"?
What kind of trees?
Money trees? Never heard of. Only know money plants.

jonleelk
30-09-09, 13:32
Some updates regarding balance units:

2+1 : 6
3+1 : 33
4 : 28

stalingrad
30-09-09, 13:49
What are the prices psf for 3+1 units? I am interested in owning one.

chestnut
01-10-09, 12:41

just below 900 for bigger units. just got back from showflat.
the project pricing was really a shocker for me and the "sell out" was another shocker for me. bought botannia at 760psf and now it looks like a steal.

the smaller 915sq ft going for 900+ psf.

left about 30+ units in total not sold :scared-5:

cher
01-10-09, 15:16
the project pricing was really a shocker for me and the "sell out" was another shocker for me. bought botannia at 760psf and now it looks like a steal.

You can't compare 100 trees with Botannia, 100 Trees closer to Clementi and hence the premium.:)

karu
01-10-09, 15:17
You can't compare 100 trees with Botannia, 100 Trees closer to Clementi and hence the premium.:)

200metres nearer??

cher
01-10-09, 15:24
200metres nearer??

More than that, Botonnia can only compare to Infiniti, both near to Food industries and hence the air pollution.:)

xebay11
01-10-09, 15:42
More than that, Botonnia can only compare to Infiniti, both near to Food industries and hence the air pollution.:)

Yeah can see three huge smoke stacks from Botannia, pollution must be very bad at the three developments, Inifiniti and Carabelle....breathing in cancer causing agents 24/7 from AYE and industries.

stalingrad
01-10-09, 15:51
Yeah can see three huge smoke stacks from Botannia, pollution must be very bad at the three developments, Inifiniti and Carabelle....breathing in cancer causing agents 24/7 from AYE and industries.
One hundred meters away, hundred trees enjoys better air quality? You guys flunked physics 101, didn't you? In fact the reverse is true, hundred tree is 5.16 kms from the smoke stacks of jurong island, while carabelle is 5.26 kms away and botannia is 5.17kms away. so, the closest to the source of cancer is, you guessed it, hundred trees. Don't believe me, try google earth.

In fact, hundred trees is much closer to the noise and air pollution of AYE than botannia and carabelle. Hundred trees is just another infiniti.

As for proximity to clementi, haha, surely you jest. How can you walk 20 minutes from hundred trees in this hot sun without getting heat stroke and die?

I would choose botannia over hundred trees every time. I mean it. How can I not mean it?

xebay11
01-10-09, 15:58
One hundred meters away, hundred trees enjoys better air quality? You guys flunked physics 101, didn't you? In fact, hundred trees is much closer to the noise and air pollution of AYE than botannia and carabelle.

Hundred trees is just another infiniti.

As for proximity to clementi, haha, surely you jest. How can you walk 20 minutes from hundred trees in this hot sun without getting heat stroke and die?

I would choose botannia over hundred trees every time. I mean it. How can I not mean it?

Then why the hell do you want to own a unit in 100 Trees? To me, all the developments there are dangerously close to industries and AYE and bad pollution.

cher
01-10-09, 16:01
One hundred meters away, hundred trees enjoys better air quality? You guys flunked physics 101, didn't you? In fact, hundred trees is much closer to the noise and air pollution of AYE than botannia and carabelle.

Hundred trees is just another infiniti.

At least for 100 Trees when you drive you can enter via HL garden unlike the other 2 you need to go all the way to teban than pandan than go behind the reseviour so inacessible if you drive.

stalingrad
01-10-09, 16:03
Then why the hell do you want to own a unit in 100 Trees? To me, all the developments there are dangerously close to industries and AYE and bad pollution.

Read my posting again. I got more for you to digest.

why do I want to own one? No, I don't. I just want to find out the pricing, out of curiosity.

stalingrad
01-10-09, 16:05
At least for 100 Trees when you drive you can enter via HL garden unlike the other 2 you need to go all the way to teban than pandan than go behind the reseviour so inacessible if you drive.

are you stupid or what? only 100 meters away, how can hundred trees enjoy any traffic advantage? Whatever the residents of hundred trees can do, residents of carabelle can do. geesh, hard to talk to air heads.

pmet
01-10-09, 16:17

Quite true. Besides that, Botannia is about 500m further away from Clementi MRT station if you really measure. That's about 1/2 KM more and I would say it's not at all a walkable distance for normal people.

Hundred Trees is also nearing to Ayer Raja Food Center :spliff:

stalingrad
01-10-09, 16:19
Quite true. Besides that, Botannia is about 500m further away from Clementi MRT station if you really measure. That's about 1/2 KM more and I would say it's not at all a walkable distance for normal people.

Hundred Trees is also nearing to Ayer Raja Food Center :spliff:

wouldn't that given you funny smells, other than the smells from AYE and the three smoke stacks?

pmet
01-10-09, 16:30
wouldn't that given you funny smells, other than the smells from AYE and the three smoke stacks?

What smell? If you are talking about smell from food center then you are not making any sense. :confused:

flea
01-10-09, 16:47

Stalingrad is hardly objective in his views, he is staying in Carabelle and everywhere else sucks except of cos his very wise and smart investment in Carabelle.

Hey Stalingrad, the prices of the condos in this area effects each other similarly, prices go up in one, the others will follow similarly. You don't have to talk down the condos of your neighbours to make your Carabelle look good.

pmet
01-10-09, 16:50

Agent told me there are some 3+1 left. Time to grab!

stalingrad
01-10-09, 16:55
Stalingrad is hardly objective in his views, he is staying in Carabelle and everywhere else sucks except of cos his very wise and smart investment in Carabelle.

Hey Stalingrad, the prices of the condos in this area effects each other similarly, prices go up in one, the others will follow similarly. You don't have to talk down the condos of your neighbours to make your Carabelle look good.
If you read the previous posts, some of your "friends" started talking down carabelle and botannia before I jumped in. You should chastise them for spoiling our neighborhood unity, not me. I am all for neighborhood unity.

Yes, we should stick together in times thin or thick.

xebay11
01-10-09, 17:00
Read my posting again. I got more for you to digest.

why do I want to own one? No, I don't. I just want to find out the pricing, out of curiosity.

No need to read again you said
I am interested in owning one. All can read what you post and yet you twist and turn.

stalingrad
01-10-09, 17:02
No need to read again you said All can read what you post and yet you twist and turn.

I am of course interested in owning one if the price is good. but the price is so high, how can I be interested?

chestnut
01-10-09, 17:02
Agent told me there are some 3+1 left. Time to grab!

Candidly, the rental in that area for 1200 sq ft is about 3.5k (rented out mine for amount). Getting about 4% ROI. Not too bad. Putting money in bank only getting less than 1%. For those who are going to tell me that they make money in stocks, I am also vest in stocks.... The property rentals are for savings and a form of retirement fund in the future. I am also looking at capital appreciation. The population in S'pore is growing and all this "new comers" will need a place to stay (rent or buy). So far been lucky except for a purchase in 1996 at all time high. At least now that unit is at same price as I bought it and I am also renting it out and by pure luck, it is about 200m away from the future west coast mrt.

xebay11
01-10-09, 17:08
I am of course interested in owning one if the price is good. but the price is so high, how can I be interested?

So you are the type of investor who would invest just because the price is right and not consider other financial factors such as potential gain and rental? I see you will go far in property investment.

stalingrad
01-10-09, 17:09
So you are the type of investor who would invest just because the price is right and not consider other financial factors such as potential gain and rental? I see you will go far in property investment.

thank you for seeing my ability.

xebay11
01-10-09, 17:19
thank you for seeing my ability.

More like your inability. :D

cher
01-10-09, 17:49
are you stupid or what? only 100 meters away, how can hundred trees enjoy any traffic advantage? Whatever the residents of hundred trees can do, residents of carabelle can do. geesh, hard to talk to air heads.

Hi Mr. Dumb Ass, out of all the condos in that area Carabelle sucks in design it is a no brainer to buy one. Don't see what is the selling point, market so far, transport not convenient, air pollution, AYE noise and the list goes on.....y

Reporter
01-10-09, 18:27
Q3 home prices up 16%
The Straits Times
Thursday, 1 October 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091001/housing-afp.jpg
Analysts expect sales of private homes to hit all-time highs in the city-state this year as global economic prospects improve. -- Photo: AFP

Singapore private home prices rose by a whopping 15.9% in the third quarter, reversing four straight quarters of decline.

Prices of non-landed private homes in the city fringes rose the most - by 19.1%, according to flash estimates released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority on Thursday.

Rising in tendem were prices of Housing Board resale flats which rose 3.2% in the third quarter.

The new city-fringe projects that sold well in the third quarter and contributed to the steep rise in the price index were Vista Residences, Parc Imperial, Ascentia Sky and Trevista, said CBRE Research.

Suburban home (i.e. OCR) prices went up by 15.4% while prices of city-centre homes rose 16.2%.

These estimates are based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first 10 weeks of the quarter, supplemented by information on the number of new units sold.
This estimate doesn't include the last 2 weeks of September. Hopefully, these 100 trees can help to increase the overall and RCR figures.

cheerful
01-10-09, 18:34
This estimate doesn't include the last 2 weeks of September. Hopefully, these 100 trees can help to increase the overall and RCR figures.

Oh, u mean 100 Trees is RCR meh? If B.I.C. all fall within OCR category, don't understand why this is RCR leh ... perhaps Interlace is RCR lah, this one confirmed?

Reporter
01-10-09, 18:38
Oh, u mean 100 Trees is RCR meh? If B.I.C. all fall within OCR category, don't understand why this is RCR leh ... perhaps Interlace is RCR lah, this one confirmed?
No, you are right. My bad!
I meant OCR. Thanks for pointing out.

jsh
01-10-09, 23:11
One hundred meters away, hundred trees enjoys better air quality? You guys flunked physics 101, didn't you? In fact the reverse is true, hundred tree is 5.16 kms from the smoke stacks of jurong island, while carabelle is 5.26 kms away and botannia is 5.17kms away. so, the closest to the source of cancer is, you guessed it, hundred trees. Don't believe me, try google earth.

In fact, hundred trees is much closer to the noise and air pollution of AYE than botannia and carabelle. Hundred trees is just another infiniti.

You are really absurb. If indeed you can get cancer from staying in this area , a hundred metres or so is not going to make much difference.

You may think that by highlighting differences of distance between the 4 developments there ,you can increase the value of your property at Carabelle , you are sadly mistaken. What you are doing is damaging to all properties there including yours. You should spend some time to examine your motives & also your mental faculties.

Reporter
01-10-09, 23:33
Thanks Simi,

Yes. just sold mine at $910 psf. just signed option letter today. :)

Hi Fed

after receiving your good news this morning
i have called my agent to put my unit back onto the market.:)

$910 psf sub-sale? Wow! Cool!

That's very fast, I must say!

highroller
02-10-09, 14:08
Candidly, the rental in that area for 1200 sq ft is about 3.5k (rented out mine for amount). Getting about 4% ROI. Not too bad. Putting money in bank only getting less than 1%. For those who are going to tell me that they make money in stocks, I am also vest in stocks.... The property rentals are for savings and a form of retirement fund in the future. I am also looking at capital appreciation. The population in S'pore is growing and all this "new comers" will need a place to stay (rent or buy). So far been lucky except for a purchase in 1996 at all time high. At least now that unit is at same price as I bought it and I am also renting it out and by pure luck, it is about 200m away from the future west coast mrt.

You'd be getting 4% ROI if you paid in full. If you purchased the unit with a bank loan, then you'd be paying interest on your monthly installment, and with that interest you are paying each month against your rental income, your ROI would definitely be lower then 4%, unless your 4% ROI is already excluding the interest you are paying on your bank loan.

HR

stalingrad
02-10-09, 20:05
You are really absurb. If indeed you can get cancer from staying in this area , a hundred metres or so is not going to make much difference.

You may think that by highlighting differences of distance between the 4 developments there ,you can increase the value of your property at Carabelle , you are sadly mistaken. What you are doing is damaging to all properties there including yours. You should spend some time to examine your motives & also your mental faculties.

Are you a retard? I was responding to that retard Xebay, who said that you could see the three smoke stacks at jurong island from botannia. if anything, this moron xebay is the one that we should hang for talking down values of this area's condos.

xebay11
02-10-09, 21:36
Are you a retard? I was responding to that retard Xebay, who said that you could see the three smoke stacks at jurong island from botannia. if anything, this moron xebay is the one that we should hang for talking down values of this area's condos.

Yeah but as an owner actually living in the area and quoting the pin point distances, you were just adding fuel to the fire by confirming my casual observations and that was even more damaging to talking down the values of the whole area. Just do everyone a favour, I suggest you stop rebutting me and let your ego deflate, or you may do even more damage.

Can't you even see your own stupidity?

jlrx
02-10-09, 23:00
Actually it's not just the "three smoke stacks". The entire Jurong area has lots of factories that emit all sorts of chemicals.

Sometimes drive past, can smell through the air-con if the vent is not fully closed. :scared-3:

That's why I only own properties North, South, East, Central, but not West, but I guess that's already built into the price.

Cactus72
03-10-09, 09:34

I login to this forum to read feedbacks, information updates about properties in Singapore. But sometimes, I have to admit that I have the urge to read Stalingrad's postings and those counter-attacks from others as I really have a good laugh. Every thread I go, I seemed to see him stepping on other's toes. I think without him around, it makes this forum abit boring.

pmet
03-10-09, 10:12
so back on topic...

anyone thinks hundred trees will enjoy good resale value in the short term? (note, this has a parallel effect on condos nearby too)

Honesty
03-10-09, 19:31
so back on topic...

anyone thinks hundred trees will enjoy good resale value in the short term? (note, this has a parallel effect on condos nearby too)

Confirm not, there are too many condo units in that area already...

Reporter
03-10-09, 21:35
The only way to bargain is....

DON'T BUY NOW !!!!!!!

No buyer mean No sales....

No increase in price......

The mass market segment had already fully sold to all the rich HDB up-graders....

Now left with the poorer ones that can't afford to buy at this high price.

I don't think the market will move up anymore.....either down or stagnant

Look at Hundred Trees projects, the range for 1 to 2 bedrooms at $500K to $700K sold quite fast but the bigger units above million are not moving that fast anymore.

All the so call Singapore millionaries had already "dry up"

Left not many......add 3 more that strike ToTo yesterday 3.3 million each.

RIGHT!!! As I mention before, the so call millionaire buyers had already "dry up"....

The market now is stanaged, can't move anymore...

No more bullets...

Ya, I think you are more acurate in the segment market.

Maybe buyers out there can buy at the "reasonable" price in future.

In fact even now I start to see FIRE SALES advert in the ST, and also plenty of houses for sale.

They are more and more ads in sat ST.

Sellers are getting out now....

People are silly nowaday...how to live in the 258 sq ft...

People are greedy nowaday...think that they can make fast money...

People are stupid nowaday...never think how much can they rent out...

Confirm not, there are too many condo units in that area already...
Don't be so negative leh!

xebay11
03-10-09, 22:31

Brutal but true. How many millionaires still out there, SG is a small market. Unlike East and Prime, I don't think West is so attractive to O/S investors.

Reporter
03-10-09, 22:42
Brutal but true. How many millionaires still out there, SG is a small market. Unlike East and Prime, I don't think West is so attractive to O/S investors.
Hopefully we can have more millionaires this year to replace the foreign millionaires that have been buying our properties?

http://www.mypaper.com.sg/images/mypaper-logo.gif
Singapore now has 77,000 millionaires
我报
Thursday, 26 June 2008

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/business/05May08/images/20080527.113310_cbd.jpg

Singapore has climbed the ranks of the millionaire club: It is now No. 7 in the world's top 10 list of fastest-growing populations of high rollers.

The country saw a 15.3% rise - or an addition of 10,000 people - to 77,000 millionaires, according to the 12th annual World Wealth Report, prepared by United States investment bank Merrill Lynch and information technology group Capgemini.

The report defines a millionaire as a person possessing more than US$1 million (S$1.37 million) in net assets, excluding his main residence and other consumables.

Asia was home to some of the world's fastest-growing populations of millionaires, according to the report.

Topping the top-10 list was India, followed by China. For India, the number of its millionaires jumped 22.7% last year to 123,000, while the number of high rollers in China rose 20.3% to 415,000.

Other countries in the top 10 list are Brazil, which took the third spot, followed by South Korea, Indonesia, Slovakia, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, Czech Republic and Russia.

Despite financial turmoil and significant increases in the price of luxury goods, the report said the world's millionaires have an 'unquenchable appetite' for luxury items.

Jewellery, gems and watches attracted the largest share of these 'passion investment allocations' in Asia and the Middle East, the report said.
Globally, these high-priced toys tend to be art collections, yachts, personal jets and similar items, said Merrill Lynch and Capgemini.
But there are regional differences, with Asia's millionaires allocating the most to items like luxury and 'experiential' travel, visits to high-end spas and designer clothes, they said.

Asian millionaires' wealth would grow annually by 7.9% to US$13.9 trillion in 2012, against US$13.5 trillion among Europe's wealthiest, or 4.9% annual growth, the report said.

The number of millionaires in the Asia-Pacific grew 8.7% from a year ago to 2.8million people and their combined wealth soared 12.5% to US$9.5 trillion, excluding the value of their homes and consumables.
'In the Asia-Pacific region, wealth is being created at an unprecedented rate,' said Mr Kong Eng Huat, managing director (South Asia Market) at Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management.

'Notwithstanding the recent dislocation in global markets, the robust economies in Asia are increasingly being driven by the domestic consumption story and continue to spur wealth creation in the region.'
Mr Kong added that, in five years' time, millionaires in Asia would have more combined wealth than those in Europe.

But the rich are also facing the challenges of slower growth in developed markets hit by the credit crisis as well as the risk of high inflation in emerging markets, the report said.

dtrax
04-10-09, 04:14
Again, you dun need to be a millionaire to own a million dollar condo. One simply needs to pay small small (20%) loan big big (80%), live on bread on water and pray no retrenchment. Remember now market is hot, be it good boat or bad boat with holes that will sink, any boat must be good boat; dun buy now later prices will chiong up. Muz live up to the singapore dream of owning a condo... then u will suddenly realized that more than 77k people can afford condos. Afterall new launch, pay small small, if need to worry then worry 2-3yrs later when TOP

xebay11
04-10-09, 08:00
Again, you dun need to be a millionaire to own a million dollar condo. One simply needs to pay small small (20%) loan big big (80%), live on bread on water and pray no retrenchment. Remember now market is hot, be it good boat or bad boat with holes that will sink, any boat must be good boat; dun buy now later prices will chiong up. Muz live up to the singapore dream of owning a condo... then u will suddenly realized that more than 77k people can afford condos. Afterall new launch, pay small small, if need to worry then worry 2-3yrs later when TOP

Not everyone can pay the 20% and the loans have to be approved by the bank based on your income, means not everyone can loan the 80% which effectively eliminates many people from the pool of buyers.

04-10-09, 12:49
Not everyone can pay the 20% and the loans have to be approved by the bank based on your income, means not everyone can loan the 80% which effectively eliminates many people from the pool of buyers.

one thing I'm not sure why ppl paid around 1 mil+ for a 2+1 unit facing the AYE?
Future F1 race @ AYE?:p

cher
04-10-09, 13:16
one thing I'm not sure why ppl paid around 1 mil+ for a 2+1 unit facing the AYE?

This shows that $1m is nothing now compared to 5 yrs ago. :D The value of money has gone down.

pmet
04-10-09, 20:41

Well the real gem just accross the aye to be realized during the top

Reporter
05-10-09, 14:11
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/h88_masthead_logo.jpg
Hundred Trees almost sold out
H88
Sunday, 4 October 2009, 22:55

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-10-04/hundred_trees_showroom.jpg

We paid a quick visit to the Hundred Trees showroom today and guess what? Along with all the 1BRs and 2BRs sold out last week, the 2+1BRs, 3BRs and PH are gone too!

All that's left are a couple of 3+1BRs and 4BRs. CDL must be really happy, Hundred Trees is on it's way to being sold out. All that in 9 days since it's preview launch last Friday 25 September!

Prices at the time of visit hovered in the $920 to $1,000 psf range.

The 956-year leasehold project in West Coast has done remarkably well, even with the recent government measures to cool the market. So much for dampening the market frenzy!

What's more it has done so without any MRT nearby or any so-called unique selling point like a reservoir view or sea view. Could it be the power of the CDL brand? Or is there something else?

james8899
05-10-09, 16:24
I think all targetting for the 10 years jurong plan coming up !

moneyspinner
05-10-09, 16:39
The Hello Kitty effect lah!:scared-4:

xebay11
05-10-09, 16:53

Yeah afterall I feel that The Parc is a better located development and is struggling to hit $1K psf.

unregistered881
05-10-09, 17:15
Why do you think The Parc is a better located development? Better amenities? Food, shopping etc. near by?

dormer
05-10-09, 17:20
Yeah afterall I feel that The Parc is a better located development and is struggling to hit $1K psf.

I prefer The Parc Condo too! They are closer to the Clementi MRT station. Besides, it is a freehold and still selling below $900psf.

xebay11
05-10-09, 19:02
I prefer The Parc Condo too! They are closer to the Clementi MRT station. Besides, it is a freehold and still selling below $900psf.

Yep, those 100 Trees buyers can't see the trees from the woods.

jsh
05-10-09, 20:08

you probably have never been to the site of The Parc. If you have ,you would have noticed that it is just next to a few blocks of HDB flats . So some stacks would have the bedrooms facing the HDB blocks.

100 TREES location is more exclusive . There's no unit facing any HDB flats.It is located in a landed property area & is next to a park. So you need to actually go down to the site to see for yourself. Being slightly nearer to the MRT is not the only criterion buyers look at . Its got to be the whole package.

tanumy
05-10-09, 20:29
buy DBR at simei. Inside got 200 trees.....

cheerful
05-10-09, 21:37
you probably have never been to the site of The Parc. If you have ,you would have noticed that it is just next to a few blocks of HDB flats . So some stacks would have the bedrooms facing the HDB blocks.

100 TREES location is more exclusive . There's no unit facing any HDB flats.It is located in a landed property area & is next to a park. So you need to actually go down to the site to see for yourself. Being slightly nearer to the MRT is not the only criterion buyers look at . Its got to be the whole package.

True indeed The Parc is near HDB, but that cld also be seen as an advantage when one looks at amenities. Since a comparison is already being made here, let's not forget tt those who bought The Parc may not be exactly making a profit (a few sub-sales seeing losses) .... it was launched during the boom time. But this one? If this craze in the mkt signifies another 'boom' then perhaps good to be careful liao ...

amk
05-10-09, 22:22
u know if pty market allows "shorting", I'm pretty sure he will not short either. These are the usual tcss type that just love to talk, and will never put money where his mouth is.

you probably have never been to the site of The Parc.
exactly ! even though I'm not really a fan of 100 Trees, I wouldn't say Parc has a better location. In 100 Trees, the non AYE facing units have a very good view over the park and all the landed houses. Since it's elevated (btw those just tcss type probably didn't know it's elevated), even the 1st floor view could already look over the houses, and any mid level above can clearly see past west coast highway and all the way to the cranes. Some ppl may prefer this, as the old saying goes "never touch a pty with a 10 ft pole if u can see HDB from the window". It does have a selling point for some people. (well, why do we even argue here ? It's almost sold out already)

For me , I just find it a bit disappointing that : 1) rubbish chute is outside; 2) bedroom floors are "laminated flooring" not the usual timber strips. 3) living rm flooring is not marble. Clearly very mass market.

proud owner
05-10-09, 22:34
u know if pty market allows "shorting", I'm pretty sure he will not short either. These are the usual tcss type that just love to talk, and will never put money where his mouth is.

exactly ! even though I'm not really a fan of 100 Trees, I wouldn't say Parc has a better location. In 100 Trees, the non AYE facing units have a very good view over the park and all the landed houses. Since it's elevated (btw those just tcss type probably didn't know it's elevated), even the 1st floor view could already look over the houses, and any mid level above can clearly see past west coast highway and all the way to the cranes. Some ppl may prefer this, as the old saying goes "never touch a pty with a 10 ft pole if u can see HDB from the window". It does have a selling point for some people. (well, why do we even argue here ? It's almost sold out already)

For me , I just find it a bit disappointing that : 1) rubbish chute is outside; 2) bedroom floors are "laminated flooring" not the usual timber strips. 3) living rm flooring is not marble. Clearly very mass market.

i have seen a few projects where the rubbish chute is outside the unit ..

theres one project where they dont even have rubbish chute..owners just leave their garbage outside their main door and cleaners will clear them first thing in the morning

some said its good cos its cleaner ...

i beg to differ ...

we buy property based on location ... similarly having the ruibbish chute outside is quite similar to buying a location far from amenities ..

xebay11
05-10-09, 23:05
we buy property based on location ... similarly having the ruibbish chute outside is quite similar to buying a location far from amenities ..

Huh? you mean you would buy a property in Woodlands far from MRT with rubbish chute inside rather than a property in Orchard Road near MRT with rubbish chute outside???????? I think location as a deciding factor, far, far far, outweighs whether chute inside or outside.

proud owner
05-10-09, 23:07
Huh? you mean you would buy a property in Woodlands far from MRT with rubbish chute inside rather than a property in Orchard Road near MRT with rubbish chute outside???????? I think location as a deciding factor, far, far far, outweighs whether chute inside or outside.

i am saying ..we buy location ...and amenities ..

within the same area ... i would go for the one with the chute inside

xebay11
05-10-09, 23:10
i am saying ..we buy location ...and amenities ..

within the same area ... i would go for the one with the chute inside

Still don't quite agree, I go for location, layout, quality of fittings, facilities, tenure, I think rubbish chute location is among one of the lowest priorities.

proud owner
05-10-09, 23:14
Still don't quite agree, I go for location, layout, quality of fittings, facilities, tenure, I think rubbish chute location is among one of the lowest priorities.

since the topic was on the chute

i merely stated that i would prefer one inside .. as it is 'amenities' to me ..

i also said 'in the same area' .. i would choose one with chute

IF in the same project ..some units have chute inside and some outside ..would you choose one with no chute ? tahts all i am saying

all else the same ..except the chute

amk
05-10-09, 23:28
Still don't quite agree ... I think rubbish chute location is among one of the lowest priorities.
that's to you, but not to me and proud_owner. For me I can even go as far as saying this is the single factor that can veto a project no matter how nice it is, just like multi story car parks. (btw the inverse is not automatically implied, that's what proud_owner was trying to say) :) so we agree to disagree ok ? :) just like movies, diff ppl have diff preferences and tastes. That's why we have diff projects for diff people isn't it ?

btw is there a prime area project that has the chute outside ?

august
05-10-09, 23:30
Chutes outside is a HDB thing rite? :2cents:

teddybear
05-10-09, 23:41
:):D Never heard of before. :p

that's to you, but not to me and proud_owner. For me I can even go as far as saying this is the single factor that can veto a project no matter how nice it is, just like multi story car parks. (btw the inverse is not automatically implied, that's what proud_owner was trying to say) :) so we agree to disagree ok ? :) just like movies, diff ppl have diff preferences and tastes. That's why we have diff projects for diff people isn't it ?

btw is there a prime area project that has the chute outside ?

jlrx
06-10-09, 00:10

WHAT???!!!??? :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

Who would dare to "short" the property market? :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

Don't play play with the property market ... :tsk-tsk:

Shorting the property market is like betting against inflation ... betting that a plate of Hainanese chicken rice will cost 20 cents in the year 2109.:doh:

Anyone who "shorts" the property market, even if they make some quick bucks here and there, will be killed absolutely, totally and completely, sooner or later. :tsk-tsk:

that's to you, but not to me and proud_owner. For me I can even go as far as saying this is the single factor that can veto a project no matter how nice it is

Me too!

Having a rubbish chute outside is a humiliation that I will not stomach. :simmering:

It's like if the developer tells you that he will give you a 50% discount off the market rate if you crawl under his legs.

He may as well tell you that the toilet is also outside.

Sorry. I have my pride. :tsk-tsk:

Reporter
06-10-09, 00:21
WHAT???!!!??? :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

Who would dare to "short" the property market? :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

Don't play play with the property market ... :tsk-tsk:

Shorting the property market is like betting against inflation ... betting that a plate of Hainanese chicken rice will cost 20 cents in the year 2109.:doh:

Anyone who "shorts" the property market, even if they make some quick bucks here and there, will be killed absolutely, totally and completely, sooner or later. :tsk-tsk:
Err ... you mentioned inflation ... do you teach at NTU?

'Severe asset inflation'
Melissa Tan
The Straits Times
Wednesday, 12 August 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090811/In-SG-ALPHONSUSCHERN.jpg
Asset inflation - meaning a rise in price of assets such as stocks and property - is a possible consequence of the United States' current expansionary fiscal policy. --ST Photo: Alphonsus Chern

Singapore risks 'severe asset inflation' during the economic recovery, a local economist has warned.

But this danger can be averted if the Government acts now to control the prices of HDB flats, said Mr Paul Yip, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) associate professor of economics.

Asset inflation - meaning a rise in price of assets such as stocks and property - is a possible consequence of the United States' current expansionary fiscal policy, Professor Yip said on Tuesday.

He was speaking at an NTU symposium - on exchange rate systems and Asian macroeconomic policies - which brought together 11 macroeconomists from institutions such as Stanford University and Delhi School of Economics.

'Many people say that the property market is rebounding, but I don't think so; we are still bottoming. Recovery will be slow ... and a few years later we might have severe asset inflation, much more than the rise today,' Prof Yip said.

'So if you are a stock investor or property investor, it's very easy. Just hold your stock and shares for another three or five years - the price will climb to be much higher. But if you lose money, don't blame me,' he quipped.

Prof Yip noted that the US government has lowered interest rates and expanded its money supply in a bid to avoid a repeat of the Great Depression.

But post-recession, the government may fail to shrink the money base back to pre-downturn levels, he said. In that case, excess US dollars would flood the market.

'For Singapore, there may be an inflow of money from the US, increasing the money base and therefore the money supply... When the recovery comes, there will be wage inflation and consumer price index inflation, and this will fuel asset inflation,' he told The Straits Times.

'Rents will rise and then people will be able to charge even higher rents, causing a vicious circle,' Prof Yip said.

jlrx
06-10-09, 00:51
Err ... you mentioned inflation ... do you teach at NTU?

Haha ... I have the same thinking as the NTU's Prof Yip. :p

Now I understand what is meant by the Wall Street bankers' slogan: "Heads I Win; Tails You Lose".

The governments have to keep printing money to prop up the sick economy; but at the same time the money is causing assets to inflate.

What I'm afraid of is one day the government comes up with some creative idea, e.g. dual currency system - whereby money for buying properties is different from money for buying computers/ paying engineers.

The first type of money (Type A) incurs a high interest rate; the second type (Type B) a low interest rate.

So we carry two types of Singapore dollars in our pockets ... when we buy properties, pay conveyancing lawyers, property agents, plastic surgeons and all the useless peoples in the economy, we use Singapore Dollar Type A (interest rate 12%) ; when we buy a laptop, plasma TV, wanton noodles, pay dentists (excluding cosmetic type), we use Singapore Dollar Type B (interest rate 0.12%).

Until such a day, I think this asset inflation is inevitable. :p

xebay11
06-10-09, 08:56
Me too!

Having a rubbish chute outside is a humiliation that I will not stomach. :simmering:

It's like if the developer tells you that he will give you a 50% discount off the market rate if you crawl under his legs.

He may as well tell you that the toilet is also outside.

Sorry. I have my pride. :tsk-tsk:

Not disagreeing with you, but here is my two cents, I undertand your pet peeves but I wonder what pride is there about the chute outside?

Unless you come from HDB background, this feature will abolutely scare you, as it reminds you of your HDB experience, hence the aversion and (snobbishness?), but if you have lived in landed property, throwing rubbish outside is a norm.

Personally, as long as the chute outside is conveniently located, ie. no need to walk very far like in in some HDBs, I feel a chute outside, in a well ventilated area is cleaner and more hygenic, I don't like the idea of a chute in my unit where there is possiblity of smell, germs, or funny things coming out of it when open, it may also be a diesease spreading avenue when you open the chute and what is below may crawl or fly out into your house itself, and also decor wise a chute outside makes the kitchen area look nicer, instead of having an ugly chute door or spending good money just to conceal it, so pride aside, I think of the potential health hazard, but hey that is just me, you guys are just too atas to think about these things.

I have been to many top developments in Western countries and never seen a chute in the unit itself, it is a uniquely Asian / Singapore thing where environmental issues take a back seat and it is deemed OK and even high class to live with a chute in the house, just for convenience.

Frankly, a chute in the bin in the house is just low class.

stalingrad
06-10-09, 09:56
Why argue? Just come to us carabelle owners with your checks in hand, and we will sell you our units with in-suite chutes at no extra cost to you. Just pay us the same prices psf that CDL are charging, and we will be glad to part with our units. By the way, our living rooms feature marble flooring, and our bedrooms featuer timber-strip flooring, not to mention our units are far away from the din of AYE, unlike hungry trees.

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:02
Why argue? Just come to us carabelle owners with your checks in hand, and we will sell you our units with in-suite chutes at no extra cost to you. Just pay us the same prices psf that CDL are charging, and we will be glad to part with our units. By the way, our living rooms feature marble flooring, and our bedrooms featuer timber-strip flooring, not to mention our units are far away from the din of AYE, unlike hungry trees.

Carabelle still visible from AYE how quiet can it be?

stalingrad
06-10-09, 10:10
Carabelle still visible from AYE how quiet can it be?

have you noticed that many units at carabelle are shielded from the din of AYE by the infiniti, and many units face the west and therefore nothing but tranquility. Out unit is so quiet that we almost can hear a pin drop.

I have examined hungry trees many times before, I notice that no units are entirely free of noise. you either face the AYE, or west coast drive, which can be noisy too, especially when a motorbike zooms by at 1am, or a paper delivery van passes by at 6am.

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:27
have you noticed that many units at carabelle are shielded from the din of AYE by the infiniti, and many units face the west and therefore nothing but tranquility. Out unit is so quiet that we almost can hear a pin drop.

I have examined hungry trees many times before, I notice that no units are entirely free of noise. you either face the AYE, or west coast drive, which can be noisy too, especially when a motorbike zooms by at 1am, or a paper delivery van passes by at 6am.

Then why you want to sell? You just bought the place and moved in, selling should be furthest from your mind, unless you don't really like the place......profit should not be a factor to sell, you sell high now you also buy high.

ay123
06-10-09, 10:40
Not disagreeing with you, but here is my two cents, I undertand your pet peeves but I wonder what pride is there about the chute outside?

Unless you come from HDB background, this feature will abolutely scare you, as it reminds you of your HDB experience, hence the aversion and (snobbishness?), but if you have lived in landed property, throwing rubbish outside is a norm.

Personally, as long as the chute outside is conveniently located, ie. no need to walk very far like in in some HDBs, I feel a chute outside, in a well ventilated area is cleaner and more hygenic, I don't like the idea of a chute in my unit where there is possiblity of smell, germs, or funny things coming out of it when open, it may also be a diesease spreading avenue when you open the chute and what is below may crawl or fly out into your house itself, and also decor wise a chute outside makes the kitchen area look nicer, instead of having an ugly chute door or spending good money just to conceal it, so pride aside, I think of the potential health hazard, but hey that is just me, you guys are just too atas to think about these things.

I have been to many top developments in Western countries and never seen a chute in the unit itself, it is a uniquely Asian / Singapore thing where environmental issues take a back seat and it is deemed OK and even high class to live with a chute in the house, just for convenience.

Hey guys.......why are u arguing on a "chute" over a million $ property????? is that chute really so important that it will influence yr million $ decision!!! will that chute appreciate or depreciate yr property by 10%?:doh:

stalingrad
06-10-09, 10:40
Then why you want to sell? You just bought the place and moved in, selling should be furthest from your mind, unless you don't really like the place......profit should not be a factor to sell, you sell high now you also buy high.

Oh, how wrong you are. If we sell now, we could get get at least 40% return. We bought carabelle at the launch more than two years ago. At that time, there was no jurong lake district, and there was no new clementi shopping center. so the price we paid was very, shall we say, reasonable.

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:48
Oh, how wrong you are. If we sell now, we could get get at least 40% return. We bought carabelle at the launch more than two years ago. At that time, there was no jurong lake district, and there was no new clementi shopping center. so the price we paid was very, shall we say, reasonable.

You never read the second part of my post, you make 40% now but all other developments may also appreciate by that amount. So where is your gain?

esurprise
06-10-09, 10:48

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
My many visits to 100 trees areas has confirmed that the traffic along west coast is constantly on-going to late evening.

For example, when i was there talking to agents, when i was there at the festival park resting, i noticed that tracffic come and go every min non-stop. I was also wondering why such a constant flow of traffic in a sparsely dense residetial area? is it because of Infiniti, Carabelle, Botania?

Nevertheless, for buyer, this kind of factor doesn't really become an issue.
People will still buy. Correct or not?

bargain hunter
06-10-09, 10:49
Are you an idiot? He's saying that if you sell now, you will need to buy another place at a high price since you are currently staying in the unit you are selling. You have already bragged about your low buy price for long enough and that's irrelevant here.

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:51
Hey guys.......why are u arguing on a "chute" over a million $ property????? is that chute really so important that it will influence yr million $ decision!!! will that chute appreciate or depreciate yr property by 10%?:doh:

Hey that is why I said that there are other more important factors then a chute to consider in making $1m+ purchase, it was some who felt that the the chute position were deal breakers and I actually highlighted that having a chute outside may not be a bad thing if you look at it from the hygiene and aesthetics view point.

dormer
06-10-09, 10:52

Each individual has their own preference. I will prefer The Parc Condo because they are closer to the amenities. Every project has good and lousy facing. I know of those front facing units are not facing the HDB flat. Yes, you mentioned that 100 Trees is next to a park but do you know it is directly facing the AYE.

You think this is a good investment from $920psf+ compare to Parc Condo that is below $900psf where you can get high floor units??

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:55
Each individual has their own preference. I will prefer The Parc Condo because they are closer to the amenities. Every project has good and lousy facing. I know of those front facing units are not facing the HDB flat. Yes, you mentioned that 100 Trees is next to a park but do you know it is directly facing the AYE.

You think this is a good investment from $920psf+ compare to Parc Condo that is below $900psf where you can get high floor units??

Let them pay more for less facilities and convenience just because of the snob appeal of not facing HDB flats.

cher

Ya you wish, tan gu-gu in no time the value will fall.:tsk-tsk:

stalingrad

My wife rejected the parc two years ago exactly because it was surrounded by HDB blocks. amentities shmenities, she said, how could can they be if you are surrounded by HDB. so we did not buy.

xebay11
06-10-09, 10:56
My wife rejected the parc two years ago exactly because it was surrounded by HDB blocks. amentities shmenities, she said, how could can they be if you are surrounded by HDB. so we did not buy.

So she regret now? :D

stalingrad
06-10-09, 11:03
So she regret now? :D

no, not at all. at the time, the developer was charging close to 900 psf. the parc is now transacting at a lower level. One of her friends bought a unit and paid 880 psf. she is still sitting on a loss now.

xebay11
06-10-09, 11:15
no, not at all. at the time, the developer was charging close to 900 psf. the parc is now transacting at a lower level. One of her friends bought a unit and paid 880 psf. she is still sitting on a loss now.

Funny if you so concerned with loss or gain why did you not just sell and not move in? Now I am sure you did reno and spend so much hassle moving, you want to sell, not pro man.

bargain hunter
06-10-09, 11:18
Please don't lie. According to URA data, the final 4 units at Carabelle were sold in June 2007 at 715 and 723psf and in July at 696 and 792psf. The Parc was only launched in August. You couldn't have bought your Carabelle after comparing it with The Parc.

xebay11
06-10-09, 11:24
Please don't lie. According to URA data, the final 4 units at Carabelle were sold in June 2007 at 715 and 723psf and in July at 696 and 792psf. The Parc was only launched in August. You couldn't have bought your Carabelle after comparing it with The Parc.

He got time machine mah :D He went back to the future.

Reporter
06-10-09, 11:24
Let's see if we can generate an additional 100 posts in this 100 Trees thread since post #613 started 18 hours ago.

pmet
06-10-09, 11:27

Agreed. Having lived in a condo with a chute in the yard makes me think twice about having it built inside in my new house. Even though my unit is high floor (above #10), i still see cockroaches camping in the chute and dying to climb out once the chute is opened. This problem gets worse after a fumigation, apart from the smelly gas that comes out everytime you open the chute, cockroaches and insecticide (from fumigation) can be seem spilling out of your chute if you need to take a quick dump. I had the experience of having a chute door with a loose rubber seal, and seeing lots of smoke in the kitchen during a fumigation.

jonleelk
06-10-09, 11:42
Let's see if we can generate an additional 100 posts in this 100 Trees thread since post #613 started 18 hours ago.

+1...doing my part. :)

stalingrad
06-10-09, 11:45

haha, you sound so funny. so a person cannot think about buying another condo after buying a condo earlier?

Number_9z
06-10-09, 13:30
Think we should change the thread name to : Hundred Trees vs. Carabelle :p

Reporter
06-10-09, 15:15
We must find out if there is any Chinese Hello Kitty among the buyers.
They like to grab things in a big way.

http://cdn.images.bloomberg.com/r06/navigation/bg_logo.png
Hong Kong luxury home deals triple on mainland buyers
Bloomberg
Hong Kong
Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Hong Kong’s luxury home sales almost tripled in September from a month earlier, as mainland Chinese residents flocked to buy flats in the city.

The registered sales of residential units worth more than HK$10 million ($1.3 million) rose to 1,351 from 500 in August, according to Land Registry figures released yesterday. A one- bedroom flat in Kowloon sold for a record HK$24.5 million, Centaline Property Agency Ltd. said last month.

Luxury home prices in Hong Kong climbed as much as 28% in the first nine months of the year, as low mortgage costs fueled buying, according to Colliers International Ltd. Prices may rise by between 5 and 10% in the next 6 to 12 months, the global real-estate broker said last month.

“The luxury home market is very active,” Buggle Lau, chief analyst at Midland Holdings Ltd., said by phone today. “Capital from the mainland and overseas is contributing.”

There is “enormous liquidity and buying” from Chinese residents, Martin Cubbon, executive director of Swire Pacific Ltd., said Sept. 29.

The aggregate number of homes registered increased to 12,285 from 11,250 in August, the government said on its Web site.

“We probably will see consolidation after home prices, especially luxury apartments, jumped quite a bit, because the market thinks interest rates may have bottomed out,” Credit Suisse analyst Cusson Leung said in a telephone interview.

Mortgage Rates

Mortgage rates in Hong Kong are the lowest in at least 19 years as banks seek to offset slower demand for other types of credit.

Lenders have cut mortgage rates “to such an extent that they might not have given due regard to the reputation risk, interest rate risk and liquidity risk potentially associated with their pricing,” Hong Kong Monetary Authority Deputy Chief Executive Y.K. Choi said Sept. 17.

“Average mortgage rates are going to pick up gradually,” Peter Wong, head of the Hong Kong unit of HSBC Holdings Plc, said in the city last week.

New mortgage loans approved fell 8.2% in August from a month earlier to HK$34.2 billion, the HKMA said last month.

Hong Kong home prices may fall in coming months as Chinese investors face a slowdown in lending growth at home, reducing their buying power, said Leung at Credit Suisse. “Mainland investors’ appetite goes along with growth of liquidity in China, which has already showed signs of slowing down,” he said.

Loans in China

China’s banks extended 410.4 billion yuan ($60.1 billion) of local-currency loans in August, up from 355.9 billion yuan in July, according to official figures. New lending in September may fall to a range between 300 billion and 400 billion yuan, China Banking Regulatory Commission Chairman Liu Mingkang said yesterday.

A one-bedroom apartment at the Masterpiece development in Hong Kong’s Kowloon district was bought for HK$30,025 a square foot last month, a record for a property of that type in the city, Centaline said. The home, with space of 816 square feet (75 square meters) was sold for HK$24.5 million.

Hong Kong is the world’s 5th-most expensive residential real estate market, after Monte Carlo, Moscow, London and Tokyo, according to Global Property Guide.

xebay11
06-10-09, 16:03
Monte Carlo is featured as among the top in property prices, if IR is played well, Singapore can follow suit.

Reporter
06-10-09, 16:12
Monte Carlo is featured as among the top in property prices, if IR is played well, Singapore can follow suit.
Monte Carlo, well said! I also have this feeling that Singapore is looking more and more like Monaco. Of course, the differences are that Singapore is bigger, has its own armed forces and many different industries (e.g. manufacturing, banking & finance, etc.) beside tourism. But both are small countries that need to find a niche way to survive and prosper.

Hong Kong has already hit S$6,000 psf (HK$30,025 psf).
Let's see if Singapore can play some catch up.

Jazzer
06-10-09, 17:34
Monte Carlo, well said! I also have this feeling that Singapore is looking more and more like Monaco. Of course, the differences are that Singapore is bigger, has its own armed forces and many different industries (e.g. manufacturing, banking & finance, etc.) beside tourism. But both are small countries that need to find a niche way to survive and prosper.

I don't think we want to go down the route of HK. HK's apartments are so small and yet expensive. Over rated by the way.

amk
06-10-09, 18:35

sorry that's cheap. :)

it's already HK$75,000 psf, for this project: http://www.thecullinan.com.hk/

(SHK just raised price by 50% last month.)

Reporter
06-10-09, 18:44

Thanks for adding that.

I think the S$15,000-psf (HK$75,000-psf) penthouses has not been sold yet. Nevertheless, it's only a matter of time before the Chinese lay their hands on them.

new2mondrian
06-10-09, 19:32

Hong Kong has a huge Chinese hinterland to rely upon.... tonnes of mainland funds being parked in Hong Kong, hence their equity and property markets are well-supported (not always good cos the man in the street gets priced out). Singapore is a vastly different market from Hong Kong, unless Indonesia/Malaysia can achieve the same purchasing power parity as the Chinese towkays in time to come. Plus the Singapore housing market is highly regulated; with 80% of its population in HDB dwelling and demand/supply and entry pricing being controlled. To reach $6k psf may really take years and years to come.... so let's not bet on it. :)

Wow, so much ado about having a chute! Personally, I prefer having a chute outside the house for the following reasons:

1) Fumigation is always a nightmare. And for units below 5 storeys, cockroaches is a huge problem... not to mention the free smells..... esp during durian season.

2) The refuse chute chamber counts towards the gross floor area. Plus the area around the chute is often wasted space. In land scarce Singapore, my psf cost can go towards better uses.

If having a chute outside the house affects one's sense of pride, then plse spare a thought about the landed gentry. Those towkays/MPs/Ministers who stay in our D9/10/11 GCBs (Jet Li inclusive) will have to ensure that all their refuse is transported out of the house, past the garden, and out of the gate. That is what I term as a real pain..... But then again, these people have domestic helpers to do the work. ;) so the same should go for most of the forum users here who can afford one or more private housing.

kane
06-10-09, 21:32

wow... the ID and packaging looks pretty well done though.

proud owner
06-10-09, 22:04

one point to note

URA caveat not accurate ... i sold my condo in june ..till now its not reflected in the caveat ..

i checked with agent and found out ..the buiyer didnt plan to lodge caveat ..

so there will be cases where transactions are not reflected ..and no one will ever know .. except for the buyer and seller concerned

xtink
06-10-09, 22:05
we are def going the path of HK...with more and more mickey mouse (MM) now and maybe more mini mickey mouse (MMM) units in future being built.

I don't think we want to go down the route of HK. HK's apartments are so small and yet expensive. Over rated by the way.

proud owner
06-10-09, 22:07

another similar feature between Monaca and Singapore ...

both are MONARCHY ... they have king and queen

we also have ... emperor and empress ... and princes too ..

jwong71
06-10-09, 22:09
one point to note

URA caveat not accurate ... i sold my condo in june ..till now its not reflected in the caveat ..

so there will be cases where transactions are not reflected ..and no one will ever know .. except for the buyer and seller concerned

Yup, mine vista park was not lodge in the URA caveat in Dec when i bought it.

proud owner
06-10-09, 22:10
Hong Kong has a huge Chinese hinterland to rely upon.... tonnes of mainland funds being parked in Hong Kong, hence their equity and property markets are well-supported (not always good cos the man in the street gets priced out). Singapore is a vastly different market from Hong Kong, unless Indonesia/Malaysia can achieve the same purchasing power parity as the Chinese towkays in time to come. Plus the Singapore housing market is highly regulated; with 80% of its population in HDB dwelling and demand/supply and entry pricing being controlled. To reach $6k psf may really take years and years to come.... so let's not bet on it. :)

Wow, so much ado about having a chute! Personally, I prefer having a chute outside the house for the following reasons:

1) Fumigation is always a nightmare. And for units below 5 storeys, cockroaches is a huge problem... not to mention the free smells..... esp during durian season.

2) The refuse chute chamber counts towards the gross floor area. Plus the area around the chute is often wasted space. In land scarce Singapore, my psf cost can go towards better uses.

If having a chute outside the house affects one's sense of pride, then plse spare a thought about the landed gentry. Those towkays/MPs/Ministers who stay in our D9/10/11 GCBs (Jet Li inclusive) will have to ensure that all their refuse is transported out of the house, past the garden, and out of the gate. That is what I term as a real pain..... But then again, these people have domestic helpers to do the work. ;) so the same should go for most of the forum users here who can afford one or more private housing.

if the chute is outside the unit .. it vastly reduce the construction cost .. have anyone ever wonder why they developers are doing that ? and marketing hygiene etc as a reason ?

we shold demand lower psf since they easily reduce the cost 3 times assuming 4 units to a floor ..

bargain hunter
06-10-09, 22:49
i didn't get the info from the caveat. it's from the monthly sales page.

one point to note

jlrx
07-10-09, 00:05

Taking your rubbish out in a landed house is different from taking your rubbish out to the chute.

Outside the house you can chit-chat with your neighbours.

Property_Owner
07-10-09, 09:29
one point to note

One more thing to add. Those unit bought from flippers will only show original purchase price.

jwong71
07-10-09, 10:37
One more thing to add. Those unit bought from flippers will only show original purchase price.

Yap. True,but not all ppl know of this.

pmet
07-10-09, 11:46

Care to explain? Thought this is no longer allowed?

xebay11
07-10-09, 21:18
Taking your rubbish out in a landed house is different from taking your rubbish out to the chute.

Outside the house you can chit-chat with your neighbours.

What can I say? You trade convenience for hygiene.

apple3
08-10-09, 00:17
What can I say? You trade convenience for hygiene.

Are you sure? I have been living without an in-house rubbish chute for more than 50 years and I would say your statement of hygiene trade-off hold no bearing. Would you go to the lift-chute for every piece of rubbish?

Owners of Botannia and Silly Trees would merely create another rubbish collection zone in their house and only to bring to the lift after accumlating their household shit.

Yes, chute are part of GFA but is silly tree buyer getting any trade off in pricing? And unlike furnishing or even the lousy colour of Carabelle which coucil could vote out existing colour on BCA 6years rule, like multi-storey carpark, chute are STRUCTURE item which mean no way it could be change. And because it cater to more of owner occupier, it will be a deciding factor.

Only some small apartments (Look, apartment status, not condo classification) omit chute shaft. For bigger project, CDL is the 1st to kick off the chute thingy on botannia on the pretext of eco friendly which a few recycle bins like what most condo do could do the shit. The saving on centralise rubbish chute is tremendous.

proud owner
08-10-09, 01:08
Are you sure? I have been living without an in-house rubbish chute for more than 50 years and I would say your statement of hygiene trade-off hold no bearing. Would you go to the lift-chute for every piece of rubbish?

Owners of Botannia and Silly Trees would merely create another rubbish collection zone in their house and only to bring to the lift after accumlating their household shit.

Yes, chute are part of GFA but is silly tree buyer getting any trade off in pricing? And unlike furnishing or even the lousy colour of Carabelle which coucil could vote out existing colour on BCA 6years rule, like multi-storey carpark, chute are STRUCTURE item which mean no way it could be change. And because it cater to more of owner occupier, it will be a deciding factor.

Only some small apartments (Look, apartment status, not condo classification) omit chute shaft. For bigger project, CDL is the 1st to kick off the chute thingy on botannia on the pretext of eco friendly which a few recycle bins like what most condo do could do the shit. The saving on centralise rubbish chute is tremendous.

how are you man ?

you have been away ? having seen you online for a while

yes i did mention .. that the cost of cutting the chute from 4 to 1 common chute (assuming 4 unit per floor) is huge and never passed down to the buyers ... yet there are people kana conned into the 'green' or ' hygiene' theme .. silly

thank you for supporting this part

xebay11
08-10-09, 06:32

Lazy say lazy, no excuses, yes I admit it is more inconvenient without an inhouse chute, but how much wet garbage do you have? Just clearing your own rubbish point three times a day max would kill you? if you plan well once a day is OK. You don't have to go to the common chute for every piece of rubbish don't exaggerate just to make a point. Your argument is more for your convenience and not much substance to support you on the enviromental factors. PPL like you also hang laundry in the balconies right?

An in house chute is defintely more unhygenic, like I say most developed countries do not practise in house chutes. I guess Singporeans like you have a long way to go. Please be my guest to live with an in house chute. You have your opinion and I have mine. For you it is more about convenience. You are so paranoid about developer cost savings, then you should write and crusade against the recent move towards waterless chemical urinals, that would be more productive and beneficial.

xebay11
08-10-09, 08:03
how are you man ?

yes i did mention .. that the cost of cutting the chute from 4 to 1 common chute (assuming 4 unit per floor) is huge and never passed down to the buyers ... yet there are people kana conned into the 'green' or ' hygiene' theme .. silly

There is a component of cost savings not being passed down to consumers in the name of green or hygiene, so it is all about economics to you. I can name you many, ie. Newater recycling, waterless urinals, using natural gas for electricity, etc etc, all these also incur savings to the seller but are not being passed down to consumers, in fact the institutions earn even greater profits, but do you have an issue? I guess not, but when it hits your own convenience, it becomes a big hoo haa.

True others may be silly but you certainly are shallow.

pmet
08-10-09, 09:00
Anyway, chute or not isn't that important. The cost cut is negligible to the developer as they have to setup a public chute area which is not chargeable. The chute space in your unit can now be better utilized (washing machine space for 2+1) and you don't have to worry about fumigation smoking your kitchen :)

Peace.

Now, the better prospect of this development is the upcoming Clementi Mall and library. I've also heard from a developer friend about Hong Leong Garden Shopping Center to be redeveloped ;)

xebay11
08-10-09, 09:09
If only we can look at the good side in life, even if they seem bad and not let small things stand in our way as deal breakers and nitty gritty, our lives would be much more happy and enjoyable. :)

Reporter
08-10-09, 09:40
http://sg.yimg.com/i/sg/providers/cnalogo4.gif
15 bids received for residential site at Serangoon Aveune 3
Channel NewsAsia
Wednesday, 7 October 2009, 1900 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpaGJBKb.jpg

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) received 15 bids at the close of the tender for the residential site at Serangoon Avenue 3 on Wednesday.

The site, which was originally on the Reserve List of the Government Land Sales Programme, was launched for public tender on September 9. The 99-year leasehold site has an area of about 13,877 square metres and a maximum permissible gross floor area of 38,857 square metres.

Intrepid Investments submitted the highest bid of S$221.2 million, followed by Tuas Hi-Tech Park at S$195.9 million and Keppel Land at S$190 million. The lowest bid of S$120 million came from Lippo Estates.

Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director, CBRE Research, said: "The popularity of the Serangoon Avenue 3 site is evidenced by the 15 bids that were submitted as well as their price quantum.

"Developers are very confident of this site because it is situated next to the Lorong Chuan MRT station and is close to the Australian International School. It is also close to amenities in Serangoon Gardens and the upcoming shopping mall, nex, at Serangoon Interchange station."

CBRE said the top bid of S$221.2 million works out to S$529 per square foot per plot ratio and is 164% above the reserve price of S$83.7 million.

"This price will likely translate into a breakeven price of about S$900 psf to S$950 psf for the future condominium project to be built on this site. Based on this breakeven estimate, the possible selling price could range from S$1,000 psf to S$1,100 psf," said Li.

Recent caveats of nearby properties - The Chuan, a 999-year leasehold condo development, and the freehold Goldenhill Park - showed selling prices ranging from S$830 to S$1,000 psf, while those in the 99-year leasehold The Springbloom were selling at S$600 to S$700 psf.

URA said a decision on the award of the tender for the Serangoon Avenue 3 site will be made after the bids have been evaluated.
It seems to me be that a thrash chute and thrashing each other D5 FH/999-LH condos is more important.
Whether their condo is selling below the price of 99-LH condos in D12 Toa Payoh ($1,222 psf), D20 Ang Mo Kio ($1,289 psf) and now D19 Serangoon ($1,100 psf) seems less important.

OK. On second thought, maybe I am wrong.

jonleelk
08-10-09, 09:46
Now, the better prospect of this development is the upcoming Clementi Mall and library. I've also heard from a developer friend about Hong Leong Garden Shopping Center to be redeveloped ;)

I believe that is a matter of time and $. Walking inside Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre now reminds me of my childhood days of growing up in Outram Park. :p

stalingrad
08-10-09, 10:05
I believe that is a matter of time and $. Walking inside Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre now reminds me of my childhood days of growing up in Outram Park. :p

You should try using the toilets there. remind me of my visits to the remotest parts of china.

james8899
08-10-09, 11:45
Hey All

I realised this property does not allow any windows to open to dry clothes my goodness everyone has to use dryer?

pmet
08-10-09, 12:09
Hey All

I realised this property does not allow any windows to open to dry clothes my goodness everyone has to use dryer?

Can, agent told me can install those ceiling rack that can be pushed out of the kitchen window.

apple3
08-10-09, 15:35
how are you man ?

Yo pal! Kind of busy nowsaday and seldom come in.

And just step in see all these narrow minded ppl that have no sense of humor and couldn't take a single tinge of sarcasm from stalingrad. Seriously, they don't know what they have miss if this place lack of forumer like him. Someone actually post to rebuke his idea of placing cactus on planter to scare kids away. Goodness, either he can't read and enjoy a smile or ppl are really on different frequency here.

apple3
08-10-09, 15:38
You should try using the toilets there. remind me of my visits to the remotest parts of china.

Nah.. it remind me of resident evil screen on star movie channel 58. racoon city?

apple3
08-10-09, 15:46
Lazy say lazy, no excuses, yes I admit it is more inconvenient without an inhouse chute, but how much wet garbage do you have? Just clearing your own rubbish point three times a day max would kill you? if you plan well once a day is OK. You don't have to go to the common chute for every piece of rubbish don't exaggerate just to make a point. Your argument is more for your convenience and not much substance to support you on the enviromental factors. PPL like you also hang laundry in the balconies right?

An in house chute is defintely more unhygenic, like I say most developed countries do not practise in house chutes. I guess Singporeans like you have a long way to go. Please be my guest to live with an in house chute. You have your opinion and I have mine. For you it is more about convenience. You are so paranoid about developer cost savings, then you should write and crusade against the recent move towards waterless chemical urinals, that would be more productive and beneficial.

KNS.. What talking you? Are you becoming some headless chicken from my post or what?

Excuse me? You martian or what? Go compare my post and yours. ppl talk facts and singapore property here and you come and bring out human and personal behavioral pattern. are you one of those forummer they alway label as "deny-er"?

apple3
08-10-09, 15:56
There is a component of cost savings not being passed down to consumers in the name of green or hygiene, so it is all about economics to you. I can name you many, ie. Newater recycling, waterless urinals, using natural gas for electricity, etc etc, all these also incur savings to the seller but are not being passed down to consumers, in fact the institutions earn even greater profits, but do you have an issue? I guess not, but when it hits your own convenience, it becomes a big hoo haa.

True others may be silly but you certainly are shallow.

不要来这里自视清高啦!

Where are you now?

Oii.. Hundred Trees and Botannia NO in-house rubbish chute. Why CDL do it and how it matter. <- I think we are talking something like this right?

apple3
08-10-09, 15:58

Your nick look familiar to me.. have we spar, flame, stab or simply chit chat before? :p

apple3
08-10-09, 16:03
If only we can look at the good side in life, even if they seem bad and not let small things stand in our way as deal breakers and nitty gritty, our lives would be much more happy and enjoyable. :)

Oh.. mi gosh! The holy one has spoken!!!

Thou shall take a bow to the saint newwater :cool-punk-headbange

xebay11
08-10-09, 17:26
KNS.. What talking you? Are you becoming some headless chicken from my post or what?

Excuse me? You martian or what? Go compare my post and yours. ppl talk facts and singapore property here and you come and bring out human and personal behavioral pattern. are you one of those forummer they alway label as "deny-er"?

Hey idiot you brought up the point about going to the chute for every single piece of trash? Selective amnesia?

xebay11
08-10-09, 17:28
Yo pal! Kind of busy nowsaday and seldom come in.

And just step in see all these narrow minded ppl that have no sense of humor and couldn't take a single tinge of sarcasm from stalingrad. Seriously, they don't know what they have miss if this place lack of forumer like him. Someone actually post to rebuke his idea of placing cactus on planter to scare kids away. Goodness, either he can't read and enjoy a smile or ppl are really on different frequency here.

I hope you meant the cactus is a good idea to blind your child if they run into the spikes......Ouch.

xebay11
08-10-09, 17:30
不要来这里自视清高啦!

Where are you now?

Oii.. Hundred Trees and Botannia NO in-house rubbish chute. Why CDL do it and how it matter. <- I think we are talking something like this right?

Yeah true, why do I care? I cannot change every mentally challenged person in Singapore. I don't own any unit in 100 Trees or Botannia either.

new2mondrian
08-10-09, 17:51
Your nick look familiar to me.. have we spar, flame, stab or simply chit chat before? :p

hahaha.... definitely not spar nor flame! :) But you did provide me with lots of insights over landed property some time ago. I bought a corner terrace at Siglap and was totally clueless at that point.

i was pretty busy too... so hardly came into this forum these days. the first thread i clicked into after not coming in here for weeks was on Hundred Trees, and saw the rubbish chute saga... hahaha... cannot resist giving my 2 cents worth though yes, i should rightfully be on the other side. My Parc Mondrian unit actually has a chute inside the house. :)

proud owner
08-10-09, 22:43
Yeah true, why do I care? I cannot change every mentally challenged person in Singapore. I don't own any unit in 100 Trees or Botannia either.

you are very defensive ..

if having the chute in the unit is not hygienic .. i can assume you had that issue .. it is up bringing .. i never had problem with hygiene with an inhouse chute ..

the problem is bad management of the condo .. and the owner ...

case close and dont write to rebuke me .. cos i am not replying anymore to people who die die want the world to accept their opinion .. you from the Lee family ??

xebay11
08-10-09, 22:57
you are very defensive ..

if having the chute in the unit is not hygienic .. i can assume you had that issue .. it is up bringing .. i never had problem with hygiene with an inhouse chute ..

the problem is bad management of the condo .. and the owner ...

case close and dont write to rebuke me .. cos i am not replying anymore to people who die die want the world to accept their opinion .. you from the Lee family ??

True, I need not defend myself, as case is closed for me, since there are so many die hard in-chute fans.

I have had the priviledge to experience in-house and external chute and I prefer external chute, I currently stay in landed, so no problems with me on bad condo management or the owner (myself).

apple3
09-10-09, 00:32
Hey idiot you brought up the point about going to the chute for every single piece of trash? Selective amnesia?

Come on.. relax and read your post again.
The part in bold and what does urinal and laundry got to do with chute?

apple3
09-10-09, 00:33
I hope you meant the cactus is a good idea to blind your child if they run into the spikes......Ouch.

You still don't get it do you?

apple3
09-10-09, 00:36

ya, how sad. I pity you. Get some counselling or pastoral care, maybe it help.
Need me to google up for you?

apple3
09-10-09, 00:42
hahaha.... definitely not spar nor flame! :) But you did provide me with lots of insights over landed property some time ago. I bought a corner terrace at Siglap and was totally clueless at that point.

i was pretty busy too... so hardly came into this forum these days. the first thread i clicked into after not coming in here for weeks was on Hundred Trees, and saw the rubbish chute saga... hahaha... cannot resist giving my 2 cents worth though yes, i should rightfully be on the other side. My Parc Mondrian unit actually has a chute inside the house. :)

oh, I see. And you hit into the middle of a spat.
Nah.. don't bother about taking side, just playing with some clown.
Maybe taking a cue or two from him, it worth learning something from the less fortunate.

apple3
09-10-09, 00:50
True, I need not defend myself, as case is closed for me, since there are so many die hard in-chute fans.

I have had the priviledge to experience in-house and external chute and I prefer external chute, I currently stay in landed, so no problems with me on bad condo management or the owner (myself).

What does bad condo management or OWNER of a LANDED got to do with this discussion..? Hmm.... Oh.. I see..

WA!!!
MR XEBAY111 STAY and OWN a LANDED PROPERTY!!!
HoW HoW HoW NICEeeee..... :ashamed1:

like that can? Don't bother thanking me, thats what forummer are for.

xebay11
09-10-09, 07:45
What does bad condo management or OWNER of a LANDED got to do with this discussion..? Hmm.... Oh.. I see..

WA!!!
MR XEBAY111 STAY and OWN a LANDED PROPERTY!!!
HoW HoW HoW NICEeeee..... :ashamed1:

like that can? Don't bother thanking me, thats what forummer are for.

Yes, It is called enjoying the fruits of labour.

:cheers4: Cheers :cheers4:

Condorich
09-10-09, 09:02
Please avoid those big fonts..

Just let it go...

We can't please everyone and neither can we expect everyone to please us.

Just let it go...

pweesng
09-10-09, 09:55

Just let it go...

Just let it go...

Good bedtime reading lah... hahahha... can you imagine a forum where everyone is so serious in the discussion... it won't be known as a online forum... it would be a parliament sitting already

stalingrad
09-10-09, 12:04
Yes, take it as a good joke if someone says that planting cacti is a good way to prevent kids from climbing over the glass panels in the balcony.

Also take it as a joke if someone would not buy certain condos because of the location of the garbage chute. But I guess this someone is not joking.

W0520
09-10-09, 17:32
Does anyone know how many units have been sold so far?

Simi
09-10-09, 17:47
Does anyone know how many units have been sold so far?

last count about 1 week ago

was left some 3+1 and 4 bedrooms

think around 30plus units.

Any kind soul here can update ? Please

Thank you

apple3
09-10-09, 20:56

Just let it go...

Just let it go...

whats there to let go? whats your intention of this posting? To please ppl or getting ppl to please you?

Or self-pleasure...
hahahhahahha

apple3
09-10-09, 21:01
Yes, It is called enjoying the fruits of labour.:cheers4: Cheers

Good! Well-done! Keep it up!
Soon you will be able to own one with a nice rubbish chute. :p

apple3
09-10-09, 21:10
Yes, take it as a good joke if someone says that planting cacti is a good way to prevent kids from climbing over the glass panels in the balcony.

Also take it as a joke if someone would not buy certain condos because of the location of the garbage chute. But I guess this someone is not joking.

The cactus thingy may not be entirely a bad thing after all.

30 years ago, my son got a bad habit of reaching and pulling anything with steam, iron, boiling kettle, etc. Ignoring any warning of "hot hot".

One fine day, I assisted his expedition. On control strength, I held his finger and pressed lightly against the iron. Follow by an hour of pacifying with toothpaste applying on his finger. Since then, no more dangerous and life threatening acts from him anymore.

Just the other day, he told me he is going to do the same to my grandchild. Coolz huh?

xebay11
09-10-09, 22:36
Good! Well-done! Keep it up!
Soon you will be able to own one with a nice rubbish chute. :p

Nah, don't want a rubbish chute in my fruits :D

proud owner
09-10-09, 23:08
The cactus thingy may not be entirely a bad thing after all.

30 years ago, my son got a bad habit of reaching and pulling anything with steam, iron, boiling kettle, etc. Ignoring any warning of "hot hot".

One fine day, I assisted his expedition. On control strength, I held his finger and pressed lightly against the iron. Follow by an hour of pacifying with toothpaste applying on his finger. Since then, no more dangerous and life threatening acts from him anymore.

Just the other day, he told me he is going to do the same to my grandchild. Coolz huh?

thats cool ...

i also stay in landed house ... hate it when i had to take the rubbish out .. and the bin in the house also attracts flies ..

any tips from other LANDED owners .. how to keep my house clean and hygienic ? NOTE i dont have a chute in my house ..

apple3
10-10-09, 00:16
Nah, don't want a rubbish chute in my fruits :D

Huh.. you got no sense of belonging, do you?

apple3
10-10-09, 00:17
thats cool ...

i also stay in landed house ... hate it when i had to take the rubbish out .. and the bin in the house also attracts flies ..

any tips from other LANDED owners .. how to keep my house clean and hygienic ? NOTE i dont have a chute in my house ..

Hey pal.. no time no see, still in NYC? Was it you?

This rubbish chute saga did attract a lot of ppls..

Anyway, concentrate on 2 collection points. Wet & dry purposes. That the best you could do, I mean you can't walk out everytime just to throw that empty toothpaste or banana skin.

xtink
10-10-09, 15:43
anyway, just came back from 100-lose garden.... left abt 30+ units, all 3+S and 4 BRs only. more agents than buyers....really mass mkt type of condo.

Condorich
10-10-09, 16:07
haha....

They made enough... Just let it go... if you don't understand what it means... just let it go as I am letting it go.

Condorich
10-10-09, 16:10
<deleted> .

kane
10-10-09, 17:42
anyway, just came back from 100-lose garden.... left abt 30+ units, all 3+S and 4 BRs only. more agents than buyers....really mass mkt type of condo.

the quality of the finishing not as good as you hoped?

Reporter
10-10-09, 21:45
I know what you mean ... but ... there is nothing much we can do ...

Even a 5-year-old 99LH EC is sold at $637 psf, what do we expect the price of a new 999LH or FH "normal" condo to be?

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Prices of Nuovo EC cross $600psf on 'Centro-effect'
The Edge
Monday, 5 October 2009

There’s been a spurt in sales at Nuovo in Ang Mo Kio recently, after the executive condominium (EC) crossed the five-year minimum-occupation period. Seven units changed hands from Sept 4 to 11, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. In 2006 and 2008, there was only one transaction each, and two deals in 2007. Owners who sold recently are taking advantage of the “Centro-effect”, caused by the launch of giant property developer Far East Organization’s 329-unit Centro Residences in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8. Units there have been sold at an average of $1,179 psf from its launch in August to Sept 11, according to figures from URA Realis. Between Sept 4 and 11, an 893 sq ft unit sold for $1.07 million, or $1,199 psf.

Given that it’s a private condominium, Centro Residences doesn’t have the same restrictions that Nuovo, an EC, has. Under HDB rules, owners of ECs are only allowed to sell their units to Singapore citizens or permanent residents five years after the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP), which, for the 297-unit Nuovo, was in 2004. It’s only 10 years after TOP that units in ECs can be traded like any other private condominium in the resale market, with sales to foreigners allowed as well.

However, the owners of Nuovo should be delighted at transaction prices in the range of $477 to $637 psf, as they are the highest achieved since the property was launched at end-2001. Prices at that time were hovering at $400 psf.

For instance, a 1,119 sq ft unit on the ninth floor went for $710,000, or $634 psf. This is a gain of 52% for the original owner, who had purchased it from developer City Developments Ltd (CDL) for $467,276 in 2002. A larger unit on the 17th floor went for $1.2 million, or $477 psf. The 2,594 sq ft condominium was purchased for $812,746 in 2001.

Other condominiums along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9 have also benefited from the Centro effect, with a unit at Far Horizon Gardens, a condominium completed in the 1980s, changing hands in the resale market at $508 psf last month, the highest price psf achieved in the project this year.

Sellers are also benefiting from the recovery in the residential sector, which saw a marked 15.9% jump in the 3Q residential price index — the largest q-o-q increase seen in the index since 1981, according to URA’s 3Q flash estimate last week. As a result of this big increase, the 3Q price index is now 5.1% below that in 4Q2008 even though it registered a total decline of 18.1% in the first two quarters of 2009. The residential price index is more or less at the levels seen in 2Q2007.

Reporter
14-10-09, 19:06

Thanks for adding that.

I think the S$15,000-psf (HK$75,000-psf) penthouses has not been sold yet. Nevertheless, it's only a matter of time before the Chinese lay their hands on them.
S$15,000 psf?
Sorry, that's cheap!

It's S$20,000 psf (HK$100,000 psf)!!!!!!!!!!

Interested party may view your units here:
http://www.39conduitroad.com.hk/index.html

kane
14-10-09, 21:58
shk raised the price again?

pmet
15-10-09, 10:06
saw a few units selling at 1100psf on iproperty and propertyguru

xtink
15-10-09, 12:31
wow, that's was fast. earn 10-20% run road flippers.

but i doubt there will be eager takers. it's not in the best of location.

Is it true that usually projects that are 100% sold out are easier to flip?

Reporter
15-10-09, 13:47
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Hundred Trees .. OCR ........ 327 .......................... 327 ............................ 1,219 ............. 941 ............... 683
Why $1,219 psf?

Must 100 Trees be so jealous of Centro's $1,289 psf, Trevista's $1,222 psf and upcoming $1,200+ psf in Serangoon?

Or these tress just want to join the OCR $1,200+ psf Club?

jlrx
15-10-09, 15:27
Why $1,219 psf?

Must 100 Trees be so jealous of Centro's $1,289 psf, Trevista's $1,222 psf and upcoming $1,200+ psf in Serangoon?

Do you know where can get the above figures for Highest, Median, Lowest psf? :confused:

cheerful
15-10-09, 15:31
Same one lor, where else ....

Check out ura site, Sept report (under this category)
Private Residential Units* Sold in the Month of September 2009

pmet
17-10-09, 10:00
Private home sales slow
By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091015/htrees-st.jpg
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/c.gif http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/c.gif
Property buyers at the preview of the Hundred Trees condominium project located at West Coast Drive. -- ST PHOTO: SHAHRIYA YAHAYA
DEVELOPERS sold 1,143 units of new, private homes in September, down from 1,804 units in August, after the Government introduced measures to prevent excessive price swings in the property market.
They launched 1,413 units in September, down from 1,613 units in August, according to data released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority on Thursday.
Hundred Trees in West Coast Drive was the top seller, with buyers picking 327 units at a median price of $941 per sq ft. Another project that sold well was The Interlace in Alexandra Road. It sold 243 units at a median price of $1,047 psf.
Despite the continued drop in monthly sales, the units sold in September were nearly three times the 376 units sold in the same month a year ago.
Singapore's home sales climbed to more than 13,000 in the first three quarters of the year, compared with the 4,300 sold for the whole of 2008, calculations by Bloomberg show. The increase in demand has already lifted home prices, with an index of private residential property prices surging 16 per cent last quarter.

Condorich
20-10-09, 04:15
I wonder if it will be top losers later also, when it comes to TOP time. Top seller doesn't mean or guarantee that it will be profitable.

Anyway, looking at the economy and the general sentiments... It looks like that is quite unlikely...

bargain hunter
20-10-09, 09:51
already, i heard a few options for interlace has lapsed, i wonder if some will lapse for hundred trees as well.

I wonder if it will be top losers later also, when it comes to TOP time. Top seller doesn't mean or guarantee that it will be profitable.

Anyway, looking at the economy and the general sentiments... It looks like that is quite unlikely...

Condorich
20-10-09, 13:49
Read about the news at Business Times today

Big-spending budget to prop recovery next year
Tharman indicates another deficit in 2010 but more targeted govt spending

By CHUANG PECK MING AND FELDA CHAY

They don't spend for nothing! Something needs to be done to prop recovery.. so that is the message.

Reporter
20-10-09, 15:49
Read about the news at Business Times today

Big-spending budget to prop recovery next year
Tharman indicates another deficit in 2010 but more targeted govt spending

By CHUANG PECK MING AND FELDA CHAY

They don't spend for nothing! Something needs to be done to prop recovery.. so that is the message.
Seems like this is part of a coordinated regional effort to ensure high growth in 2001.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/Today-1.jpg
Chinese economy grows more than 7% in first 9 months
Today
Beijing, China
Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 5:55 am

China's economy expanded more than 7% in the first 9 months of the year and will certainly surpass the year's growth target of 8%, a top economic official said yesterday.

China is due to release official third quarter economic data on Thursday but, in a briefing, Mr Xiong Bilin, deputy director of the National Development and Reform Commission, told reporters yesterday the growth rate for January to September would be a bit above 7%.

"Achieving a growth rate of 8% for the year is basically no problem,'' he said.

Statistics for last month showed improving trade, housing sales, manufacturing and car sales. The data suggest resilience in retail sales and industrial production are helping offset the blow from falling exports.

Separately, Mr Yu Bin, a senior researcher with the Development Research Centre, told a conference at the weekend that economic growth was forecast to exceed 9% in the second half of the year, financial magazine Caijing reported yesterday. The upbeat comments helped lift China's Shanghai Composite Index yesterday to a 1-month high of 3,038.27, up 61.64 points or 2.1%.

Meanwhile, informal trade talks between Taiwan and China scheduled for this week have been delayed as Taipei officials will be busy answering Budget questions in Parliament. The negotiations are now likely to be put off until the end of the month, said Mr Huang Chih-peng, director of Taiwan's Bureau of Foreign Trade and the head of the island's delegation.

Local media have reported the talks are expected to set a timetable for formal discussions. Taiwan's administration hopes the negotiations will lead to a trade agreement, which it says could lift the island's economic growth by 1% point.

http://cdn.images.bloomberg.com/r06/navigation/bg_logo.png
Economy is on the mend
Bloomberg
Tokyo, Japan
Monday, 19 October 2009

Japan's economy - the world's second largest - is improving in all of the country's 9 areas as the nation emerged from its worst post-war recession, according to its central bank.

"Signs of picking up had appeared throughout the economy, although regional differences remained," the Bank of Japan said in its quarterly regional report released yesterday.

The report came after policy makers last week raised their evaluation of the economy for a second month, saying companies cut spending at a slower pace and their access to private funding improved.

Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said yesterday the economy had started to "pick up", but added that domestic demand would remain "weak" and the policy board was concerned about risks to growth and prices.

Some central bank board members said last month that the need for their emergency credit-easing measures was decreasing, according to minutes of the Sept 16 and 17 policy meeting also released yesterday.

The remarks reinforced economists' expectations that the bank will let its programmes of purchasing corporate debt from lenders expire at the end of the year.

Since lowering the benchmark interest rate to 0.1% in December, the central bank started buying commercial paper and corporate bonds from lenders and offering them unlimited loans backed by collateral to channel funds to companies. In July, the policy board extended the 3 plans to Dec 31.

Mr Shirakawa said the board would persist with its policy of holding rates "very low" and maintaining a "very accommodative" stance.

pmet
03-11-09, 05:52
Heard last phase was released and some options expired, any idea how many units there are left?

Kenshinto80
05-11-09, 19:22
Heard last phase was released and some options expired, any idea how many units there are left?

Expired? Looks like CDL made some extra-ordinary gains from these options.

Reporter
16-11-09, 13:43
Why $1,219 psf?

Too bad! No $1,219 psf this time.

Still have 24 units unsold at the end of October.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Hundred Trees .. OCR ......... 372 ......................... 52 .............................. 1,029 ............ 942 ............... 799

pmet
16-11-09, 16:03
how u know?

bargain hunter
16-11-09, 16:12
if compare with sep figures, can deduce that 7 options expired. Data is available from URA website:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitSearch.do

how u know?

pearly
16-11-09, 16:48
if compare with sep figures, can deduce that 7 options expired. Data is available from URA website:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitSearch.do

and 12 for interlace.

update: only after my post, i noted your posting (made 4 hours ago) on interlace thread:)

hearsay expired options on the blocks not north south facing

jonleelk
16-11-09, 19:13
and 12 for interlace.

update: only after my post, i noted your posting (made 4 hours ago) on interlace thread:)

hearsay expired options on the blocks not north south facing

If the expired options are not north-south facing, then it is the 1 and 2 bedroom units...which are highhly sorted by speculators.

stalingrad
17-11-09, 08:34
Passed by the showflat every weekend. there are at most two or three pairs of slippers and flip flops at the entrance. this project will never be sold out.

xebay11
17-11-09, 08:50
Passed by the showflat every weekend. there are at most two or three pairs of slippers and flip flops at the entrance. this project will never be sold out.

Your point being?

Reporter
17-11-09, 09:18
Your point being?
Maybe he meant Hong Leong will need a longer time to sell the remaining 24 units (or lesser, if there are unit sold in November todate)?

pmet
17-11-09, 09:29
At least Hundred Trees is doing well relative to the market.

sc00by
20-11-09, 11:45
excuse me but that last sentence was point-blank bias.

pmet
20-11-09, 13:00
Per Straits Times last Sunday, Hundred Trees was the top #5 seller of Oct. It's the best in both consecutive months (Sep & Oct). It should be sold out before year end.

flea
01-12-09, 17:56
Hundred Trees unit transacted at 1500psf, true or false?

Attached pic from URA website:

Reporter
01-12-09, 18:10
Hundred Trees unit transacted at 1500psf, true or false?

Attached pic from URA website:
URA website shows primary sales no $1,5xx psf yet.
Not sure about subsale but very unlikely.

cher
01-12-09, 18:34
:sleep:
URA website shows primary sales no $1,5xx psf yet.
Not sure about subsale but very unlikely.

You wish!!!!! Is it is true HUAT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Lucas
01-12-09, 19:24
:sleep:

You wish!!!!! Is it is true HUAT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The other website also show this unit sold at
Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
81 West Coast Drive #03-03
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$1517
$1387k
02 Nov 09