PDA

View Full Version : One North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

Pages : 1 [2]

BillyCutie
28-02-10, 13:56
Oh, visited my friend at One-North Res. It's just set back from main road facing One-Rochester. Accessible to Rochester area and Buona Vista MRT via a walk-thru road. We took about 8 mins to BV MRT and another 5 mins to Holland Village for makan. It is only opposite and closer to One-North MRT under construction (Stage 4). Saw quite a fair bit of expat in the residence which is surrounded by One-North Park and Nepal Hill, hence the serenity.

To each its own, differing views.Cheers

dtrax
28-02-10, 15:02
Oh, broke $1300 barrier? for a 3+1 rm?? Greater upside when One-Rochester and Rock-Capitaland shopping centres + Mediapolis hub complete. Definitely a better investment buy than The Vision.

Studio unit

proud owner
28-02-10, 15:10
Studio unit

correct there are still 2/3 bedder selling at 1100 psf .

i believe ONR has potential ..especially when One rochestor is up ..

people will start to compare the surrounding ...

rochestor maybe naerer to MRT ..but its also near main road, noisy n dusty .. while One north , across the main road ..is quiet ..

i personal prefer One north ... in fact .. i am cosidering buying a unit there, as investment ..

and this is the first and only 99 LH project that i considering buying .. my investments so far are all FH ...

BillyCutie
28-02-10, 16:21
A few agents confirmed a 3+1 rm (abt 1,300 sqft) done at $1250 psf just 3 days ago. So I thought another done at $1,300 psf as earlier posted.

Proud Owner - if you have lobang to look at a good unit at $1100 psf+, better act fast before this transaction get caveated! Good luck...

dtrax
28-02-10, 21:56
I know the studio is transacted above 1300psf becoz it was my sis's unit which was recently sold :)

Reporter
05-03-10, 11:26
http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Singapore plans Greenwich-style hedge-fund area at Nepal Hill
The Edge
Friday, 5 March 2010, 10:05

Bloomberg says Singapore is planning to create its own hedge-fund capital modelled after Greenwich, Connecticut, in a cluster of ex-British army homes called Nepal Hill, a 15-minute cab-ride from the city-state’s main banking district.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and JTC Corp. — the government agency developing and marketing the project in Nepal Hill — has quietly asked hedge fund managers in January to visit the district’s so-called black-and-white bungalows, named for their white-washed walls and dark timber frames, according to a copy of the invitation obtained by Bloomberg News.

The proposed cluster follows tax and regulatory incentives that have made it easier for funds to set up shop on the island than in Asian cities such as Hong Kong and Tokyo, helping the industry grow from near zero in 1997 to almost 140 firms today.

Reporter
14-05-10, 23:05
I know the studio is transacted above 1300psf becoz it was my sis's unit which was recently sold :)
One North Residences has a nëw hïgh of $1,301 psf!

One North Residences
Address ................................ psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
7 One-North Gateway #09-05 .... $1,301 psf .... 592 sqft .... $770,000 .... 27 Apr 10

BillyCutie
16-05-10, 13:36
Some birds chirping last done at $1367psf.... cheers

BillyCutie
07-06-10, 23:04
Wow, last done at $1,417 psf already...Amazing.

propertybull
31-08-10, 19:42
Are there any plans by government to build other developments near Bueno Vista? Seems like there are only One North Residences and The Rochester. I really like the serenity and beauty of that area.

Looks like have to be one of these. But the new measures are hurting genuine home buyers from getting a unit :doh:

devilplate
09-12-10, 23:02
this area getting hot? mediapolis...hehe

wats the profile of the tenants at 1 north res currently?

dtrax
10-12-10, 01:00
Local families, ang moh expats, asian expats

CCR
14-04-11, 00:40
WhAt is the latest development on one north? Will prices go up after capitaland culural centre opens?

mr funny
12-06-11, 16:13
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_678253.html

Jun 10, 2011

Owners' loft plans for units derailed

They bought thinking they could build extra level but find permission denied

By Esther Teo, Property Reporter

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20110609/ST_IMAGES_ETLOFT.jpg
Twelve home owners of One North Residences in Buona Vista say sales agents had told them they could build a loft in their homes but they were later denied permission to do so. -- PHOTO: UOL

A GROUP of 12 home owners of One North Residences in Buona Vista have banded together to seek compensation from the property developer.

The dispute, over whether they are allowed to build another level within their units, has thrown the spotlight on a grey area of what constitutes a 'loft'.

All 12 bought one-bedroom simplexes - single-level units with high ceilings - when the project was launched in 2007 by Vista Development, a joint venture between property-related companies UOL Group, Low Keng Huat and Kheng Leong.

Collectively, they own 13 of the 27 simplex units in the 405-unit development.

The owners claim that sales agents had told them during the marketing phase that they could build a mezzanine floor in their simplex unit but that they were later denied permission to do so when the project was completed.

They also say that the floor-to-ceiling height of their completed units is only 4.7m, a shade lower than the 5m they were promised when they bought their units. One of the owners said marketing materials used by sales agents stated the height as 5m, although these materials were not distributed to buyers.

The dispute has now reached a stalemate, with Vista Development denying all claims. But it throws the spotlight on an area of ambiguity - lofts - where home buyers are unsure what exactly is permissible under the law.

In an interview with The Straits Times, three of the simplex owners said the project's showflat had featured a loft-styled duplex unit and not a simplex unit when the project was launched in March 2007.

However, they claim the sales agents told them that if they bought a simplex unit, they could similarly build a mezzanine floor after the unit was completed to have it look like the duplex.

This would increase the unit's size by at least 50 per cent and was a much cheaper alternative as it meant that the unit per sq ft (psf) price would be brought down.

For example, one of the owners, who declined to be named, had paid $598,000 - or $1,157 psf - for a 517 sq ft simplex unit. He said that he was told by an agent that a mezzanine floor could be built for about $40,000, enlarging the apartment size to about 800 sq ft and bringing down the unit price to about $798 psf.

This was lower than the $800 to $900 psf being charged for the other units and seemed like a good deal at the time.

However, when the owners collected their keys in mid-2009 and tried to obtain approval from the management office to commence construction, they were told that the developer had already built to the maximum gross floor area (GFA) and that it would be illegal for them to build a mezzanine level.

While a second mezzanine level is not possible, it appears that a smaller platform-like structure is allowed as long as it can be dismantled. This is because it is seen as part of the interior design of the unit. However, the owners are not keen on this alternative.

Some of the simplex unit owners contacted one another and lodged a complaint to Vista in January last year. They found that similar promises had been made to all of them.

They claim that Vista said the simplexes' dearer prices were due to their higher ceiling height, which made the apartment more spacious, and the better views.

The 12 owners decided to band together to seek legal advice.

In July last year, all 12 owners put their names down on a notice listing their grievances and sent it to Vista through their lawyers.

Vista replied a month later denying all claims.

The group recently filed a complaint with the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA). They also approached the Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) but were told that Case was not an appropriate avenue to turn to for such a big issue.

'There's no clear line of authority or government body for buyers like us to take our grievances to,' one of the owners added. They are now undecided whether to proceed with legal action due to the costs that might be incurred.

When contacted by The Straits Times, Vista said that it had conducted detailed investigations with its marketing agents, Knight Frank and Savills, who said that they did not make the representations as alleged by the owners.

'We have no reason to believe that the sales agents would have represented that a mezzanine floor can be constructed in a simplex unit, as such construction would involve an increase of gross floor area, and requires prior planning permission from the URA,' the consortium said.

'Any developer would have planned to maximise the GFA of the development and planning permission would have been obtained from the URA prior to marketing the development. We are no exception.'

Vista added: 'As part of our efforts to reach out to customers, we had also actively engaged these few buyers on the issue but have not received a response from them since August last year.'

On the issue of ceiling height, it said that the units were constructed according to the building plans approved by the authorities and that the units were sold according to specifications shown in the sales brochure.

On its part, the URA said that it evaluates proposals to build lofts in apartments on a case-by- case basis.

The URA confirmed that it had received a complaint but declined to comment further as investigations were ongoing.

Owners, developers and architects have to provide details of the proposed loft structures for URA's evaluation to determine whether planning permission is required.

'As a principle, large loft structures that form part of the structural element of the building, such as mezzanine floors, are considered part of the GFA of the development and will require planning permission from the URA,' it said.

If the site has already fully maximised its allowable gross plot ratio (GPR) as stipulated in the 2008 masterplan, however, the additional loft structure will not be allowed.

On the other hand, furniture or fixtures - they do not form part of the structural element of the building - which are about the size of a normal bed will not constitute GFA nor require planning permission, URA said.

Any such structure, however, will also have to comply with the requirements of other relevant technical agencies.

Vista is 50 per cent owned by Kheng Leong, which marketed the project. UOL holds 30 per cent and the remainder is owned by Low Keng Huat.

[email protected]

denbel
02-07-11, 08:27
Hi,

Anyone knows how long it takes to walk to Buona Vista MRT, do we cut across NTU-Alumni? Any shuttle bus service?

Thanks alot!

kingkong1984
02-07-11, 09:23
Hot area... Can enter if price is right.

dtrax
02-07-11, 15:13
Hi,

Anyone knows how long it takes to walk to Buona Vista MRT, do we cut across NTU-Alumni? Any shuttle bus service?

Thanks alot!

no settle service, walking distance definitely walkable about 7mins

CCR
03-07-11, 10:14

Do you think it will live up to it's hype? Still looks quit dead at night and werkends

teddybear
03-07-11, 14:14
One North very jia liat! Many of the units just border along roads, people walking past can look into the units clearly. Also, I heard people say toilets have no windows to open to outside for ventilation (is this true?). ON seems like HDB flats to me! :doh:

kingkong1984
03-07-11, 19:57
Ok, buy CCR only.. :)

proud owner
04-07-11, 08:27
One North very jia liat! Many of the units just border along roads, people walking past can look into the units clearly. Also, I heard people say toilets have no windows to open to outside for ventilation (is this true?). ON seems like HDB flats to me! :doh:

no lah

basically ... Slim barrack road and One north gate way surround the project ..

i dont agree that people can look into the units ..except for the ground floor 'loft units' ... which is just 1 out of the 5 blocks ...

as for toilets ..allhave windows ...

i like One North better than rochestor ...
it may be a little further from the MRT ..but its much quieter and a much better living area ..

CCR
13-07-11, 23:52
Heritage view better with full facilites

newbie11
14-07-11, 11:21
ONR is not bad la.. most units hv huge bay windows. all units have full glass bathrm, and some bathrm can be seen clearly from corridor! but of cos, tenant/owner surely put up blind la.

pool is quite nice. tenancy is strong. studio goes for 3.5k smelly smelly now. i know got 1 went for 3.8k. so much FT working in ON but no condo within walking distance except ONR.

CCR
20-07-11, 01:13
Why don't the gahemn tender outmmoremland around one north for residential? I think not enough condo there to support biopolis, fusionopolis, mediapolis

Redtomato
04-11-12, 07:35
Hi all, I am new to the forum, am thinking of buying a unit at ONR for own stay, I notice there is a construction at the moment opposite ONR beside the Nepal hill area, directly facing stack 19,22 and 21, does anyone know what is this new building. I am trying to find out more info as to how tall is this building and would it create more noise for the surrounding.

And, are units on the stack 19, 22, 21 row ( facing One north gateway) get bad afternoon sun?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

wendytan
04-11-12, 20:42
Lousy ULU location.