PDA

View Full Version : Parc Vista

icta
22-07-09, 17:28
Strange that I see no mention of Parc Vista here. I have been comparing the few nearby condos and find Parc Vista to be the more ideal one....reasons below:

MRT:
Parc Vista - Shelter walkway and bridge link to station
Lakeshore - Need to cross a few roads (junctions) before reaching the station.
Lakeholmz - Long long walk.....

Accessibility to amenities:
Parc Vista - comfortable walking distance to the hawker centre and market
Lakeshore - Ok...but i think slightly further away
Lakeholmz - Quite far

Internal compound
Parc Vista - Most spacious with lots of strolling space and with 2 pools
Lakeshore - Very cramp
Lakeholmz - So so....but the 2 main blocks facing each other directly

Accessiblity by road
Parc Vista - Ok, entry/exit via corporation road.
Lakeshore - Ok
Lakeholmz - Jialat. The moment you exit, got no choice but to head way up before you can u-turn if you are heading back to JW area.

Just my 2 cents worth.

tericia
22-07-09, 17:47
you're right. Before i bought lakepoint, i saw Parc Vista. I had a good impression of it as well. The downside for me's the MRT noise. Starts at 530am ends at 1230am.

housewife
22-07-09, 17:51
exactly. when i started looking at property, Caspian was just launched and i checked nearby condo and found Parc Vista only 500+psf. so wondered if Caspian really good priced according to news or response. but these are all 99LH, age matters more than FH or 999. Maybe 10 yrs later price difference would be smaller.

icta
22-07-09, 18:36
you're right. Before i bought lakepoint, i saw Parc Vista. I had a good impression of it as well. The downside for me's the MRT noise. Starts at 530am ends at 1230am.
Can consider a pool facing unit? These should be away from mrt noises. Actually, i wonder for LH devt, how much would prices drop when its about say 20 years old?

tericia
22-07-09, 18:41
Can consider a pool facing unit? These should be away from mrt noises. Actually, i wonder for LH devt, how much would prices drop when its about say 20 years old?

sure will drop cuz you can see lakepoint prices are so low cuz it's old. The older it gets, the more the price will drop if neighbouring has brand new projects.

Leasehold attraction is it's cheap and rental yield high. At the outskirts my advise is to buy leasehold cuz no point buying freehold in outskirts to wait for capital appreciation. Reserve your freehold cash for properties nearer to town. You can track the history of prices, outskirt prices don't move or don't make.

Lakepoint can be a guide to how much Parc Vista will drop if they are just as old.

unregistered881
23-07-09, 08:13
Those main pool/tennis courts facing units - are they too close to the HDB blocks which are directly opposite? Any privacy problem? PV has 3 tennis courts?

icta
23-07-09, 22:53
Those main pool/tennis courts facing units - are they too close to the HDB blocks which are directly opposite? Any privacy problem? PV has 3 tennis courts?

Yes, I think PV has 3 tennis courts which is the most among the nearby condo. I can't comment how close it is to HDB, but I think generally, it has the most amount of space.

Wolverine77
24-07-09, 00:15
Parc Vista give a miss if budget is not a problem.

Need to cross a bridge to get to MRT.

No views as all the units will be blocked by lakeholmz and caspian.

If you drive coming out is a big problem and need to turn big circle

Not near to amenities.

Old gothic design not many like it.

Too near to HDB blocks.

Noise bounce off from opp condos becoming worse when mrt goes by.

Super crowded on the bridge u are crossing.

The interior design is worse if you take a look.

It has won an award before not sure what it is.

icta
25-07-09, 08:41
Parc Vista give a miss if budget is not a problem.

Need to cross a bridge to get to MRT.

No views as all the units will be blocked by lakeholmz and caspian.

If you drive coming out is a big problem and need to turn big circle

Not near to amenities.

Old gothic design not many like it.

Too near to HDB blocks.

Noise bounce off from opp condos becoming worse when mrt goes by.

Super crowded on the bridge u are crossing.

The interior design is worse if you take a look.

It has won an award before not sure what it is.

Guess its personal preference, but given the choice, I'd rather cross a sheltered bridge than cross mutiple road junctions.

As for amenities, in terms of the food hawker centre and the JW center, I thought PV is actually the nearest already?

richie$$$
25-07-09, 09:33
Guess its personal preference, but given the choice, I'd rather cross a sheltered bridge than cross mutiple road junctions.

As for amenities, in terms of the food hawker centre and the JW center, I thought PV is actually the nearest already?
near amenities...convenient? HDB very near.
near hawker, rats,cockroaches n drainage smell great....excellente

peterng8
25-07-09, 11:35
Yes, I think PV has 3 tennis courts which is the most among the nearby condo. I can't comment how close it is to HDB, but I think generally, it has the most amount of space.

Yes you are rite, the amount of space is big...

icta
26-07-09, 00:44
near amenities...convenient? HDB very near.
near hawker, rats,cockroaches n drainage smell great....excellente

rats, cockroaches ???

tericia
26-07-09, 14:38
rats, cockroaches ???

anything below 10 floor at any project will have risk of rats and cockroaches as they can climb when there's fogging and if your trash not air tight, they can come in during night too.

As for drainage smell, that you would have to breathe deeply during viewing to check. When i was there i didn't smell anything and i saw about 4 units, each in different blocks (but cuz sometime ago, i can't tell you which blocks they are).

icta
26-07-09, 17:55
anything below 10 floor at any project will have risk of rats and cockroaches as they can climb when there's fogging and if your trash not air tight, they can come in during night too.

As for drainage smell, that you would have to breathe deeply during viewing to check. When i was there i didn't smell anything and i saw about 4 units, each in different blocks (but cuz sometime ago, i can't tell you which blocks they are).

Ok, thanks. I guess these are generic problems that will plague any projects within the vicinity or in fact, anywhere else.

Cheers

NickOng
29-07-09, 12:43

My unit faces the main pool...have not heard the mrt all these years......

dragonball88
21-01-10, 18:22
Hi, I thought of getting a unit in Parc Vista to stay in as it is very near to my child's primary school.

Does anyone know what is the mixed of nationalities and races in this condo? i.e. roughly how many % Singaporeans, Chinese, Indians, etc. I heard that it is like more than 40% of the units are not owner occupied (i.e. tenanted). Any idea if this is true?

Thanks in advance...

LucasParis
09-03-10, 20:39
Thot of getting a 2 bedder unit , any idea where can I get the floor plan?

sfwoo
14-04-10, 09:31
Thot of getting a 2 bedder unit , any idea where can I get the floor plan?

Have you found your floor plan yet?

I was looking at prices now...asking nearly one million for 3+1, and $800K for 2 rms! The prices have really run away. In 2002, I was looking at $560K for a 3+1, and did not buy, because did not like the few units I viewed.

peterng8
23-07-10, 00:14

I was looking at prices now...asking nearly one million for 3+1, and $800K for 2 rms! The prices have really run away. In 2002, I was looking at $560K for a 3+1, and did not buy, because did not like the few units I viewed.

the price of parc vista will go further up in the months to come...just imagine when keppel starts selling their unit at S$950 psf for 2 and 3 bedders...now parc vista is at S$650psf although it has already gone up as observed...people know and they ae snapping up...interesting..maybe it will go up to S$750 to S$780?....

peterng8
23-07-10, 09:32
the price of parc vista will go further up in the months to come...just imagine when keppel starts selling their unit at S$950 psf for 2 and 3 bedders...now parc vista is at S$650psf although it has already gone up as observed...people know and they ae snapping up...interesting..maybe it will go up to S$750 to S$780?....

Property developer Keppel Land says its second quarter net profit rose 20.3 per cent on year to S$70 million.
This was largely driven by strong residential sales in Singapore and China, and growth in its fund management and property investment businesses.
But revenue for the quarter fell about 19 per cent to S$202 million.
The Reflections at Keppel Bay development was one of the projects that Keppel Land recorded strong sales this year.
Of the 80 units launched in the first half, only three remain unsold.
The developer has almost sold out the 760 units launched so far.
But it’s also eyeing the residential sales opportunities in China, where it transacted over 1,200 homes in the first half the year – mostly from its townships in second tier cities, namely the Botanica in Chengdu and Central Park City in Wuxi.
Kevin Wong, group CEO of Keppel Land, says: “In China, although market sentiments have been dampened due to the government’s measures to cool down the property market, we are still seeing resilience of demand for residential properties especially in middle-income homes in the second tier cities and suburban areas of first tier cities.”
In the first half, Keppel Land’s net profit rose 41.6 per cent to some S$135 million, as revenues fell about nine per cent to S$362 million.
This was boosted by a strong jump in profits from fund management.
The segment saw a 78 per cent increase to $15.7 million as a result of higher acquisition and management fees earned by K-REIT Asia Management and Alpha Investment Partners.
Going forward, an improved outlook for the office market is expected to boost earnings.
Keppel Land’s Ocean Financial Towers is set to be complete next year, and is already 63 per cent pre-committed.
Overall commitment for the Marina Bay Financial Centre is at 80 per cent, ahead of full completion in 2012.
Mr Wong says: “Grade A office rents bottomed in 1Q 2010 and rose about 5.6 per cent quarter-on-quarter in 2Q 2010. The Singapore office market tends to be closely related to GDP growth. With the record GDP growth forecast of 13 – 15 per cent predicted for 2010, we expect the office market to continue to improve.”
Keppel says it will continue to monitor the markets for appropriate launches and strategic acquisitions.

:D :D In Singapore, the group is planning to launch its newly-acquired Lakeside Drive project by the end of the year. The project will comprise about 630 homes with one to four bedrooms.:D :D

Mr Wong continues: “We have a pipeline of 4,000 homes which can be launched this year. The timing and extend of the launches will obviously depend on market conditions and the pace of the economic recovery.”
Source : Channel NewsAsia – 21 Jul 2010

peterng8
24-07-10, 19:11
exactly. when i started looking at property, Caspian was just launched and i checked nearby condo and found Parc Vista only 500+psf. so wondered if Caspian really good priced according to news or response. but these are all 99LH, age matters more than FH or 999. Maybe 10 yrs later price difference would be smaller.

maybe it will be enbloc....

sfwoo
25-07-10, 10:57
maybe it will be enbloc....

Parc Vista en bloc?

En bloc is more likely in FH, large land area, existing blocks low floors only...can en bloc, and convert into super tall blocks, more units per block, more blocks squeezed into same piece of land.

Parc Vista may not be en bloc-able for now, unless got major changes to plot ratio and GFA increase by a lot.

devilplate
25-07-10, 11:24
Parc Vista en bloc?

En bloc is more likely in FH, large land area, existing blocks low floors only...can en bloc, and convert into super tall blocks, more units per block, more blocks squeezed into same piece of land.

Parc Vista may not be en bloc-able for now, unless got major changes to plot ratio and GFA increase by a lot.

enbloc more likely to be FH sitting in smaller land with price tag below 100mil:D

agree tat 99LH surburbs r near impossible to enbloc bcoz developers can buy from GLS programme...

anw, i given up searching for enbloc potential ppty....i tink only possible to hunt them down during a prolonged recession

sfwoo
25-07-10, 11:29
anw, i given up searching for enbloc potential ppty....i tink only possible to hunt them down during a prolonged recession

HEEHEEHEE...I am sitting on one en bloc-able plot...my friends told me KACHING(sound of cash register) coming up...problem is...we really like to live here, and we are likely to be the minority that resist that en bloc!

Komo
25-07-10, 11:38
enbloc more likely to be FH sitting in smaller land with price tag below 100mil:D

agree tat 99LH surburbs r near impossible to enbloc bcoz developers can buy from GLS programme...

I think very old projects at excellent location (and not 40 storeys high) may still be possible for enbloc. It seems that good locations are running out in small Singapore. I even think that it's not impossible for the enterprising govnt to have old HDB blocks at good locations enbloc and let private developers take over to unlock the values.

peterng8
27-07-10, 22:47
I think very old projects at excellent location (and not 40 storeys high) may still be possible for enbloc. It seems that good locations are running out in small Singapore. I even think that it's not impossible for the enterprising govnt to have old HDB blocks at good locations enbloc and let private developers take over to unlock the values.

parc vista price is now edging up....hope it will go lower so can buy...

peterng8
02-08-10, 15:05
bian de le, kuay dian mai...dont wait...buy...PV is good just next to MRT, less than 5min walk, it has big garden, 3 tennis courts, movie room, game room, big function room, library, 2 big swimming pools..putting green..BBQ pits..underground car park...very well maintained and very big area for kids to run around...come and join me...;)

westman
15-11-10, 12:53
bian de le, kuay dian mai...dont wait...buy...PV is good just next to MRT, less than 5min walk, it has big garden, 3 tennis courts, movie room, game room, big function room, library, 2 big swimming pools..putting green..BBQ pits..underground car park...very well maintained and very big area for kids to run around...come and join me...;)

With LR launch price breaking 1000 barriers, all PV owners huat!!!!!;)

peterng8
15-11-10, 14:03

i got good heart and ask people to buy buy and buy..:D

but my prediction of LF is out by s$50 PSF...

peterng8
15-11-10, 14:05

see.. same people who ask not to buy LF and miss the chance...

sfwoo
15-11-10, 14:08
see.. same people who ask not to buy LF and miss the chance...

HAHAHA!

Yeah lor!

sfwoo
15-11-10, 14:40
Though to be more accurate, I said why I wun buy LR.
Cos I cannot wait long long one...

peterng8
15-11-10, 15:27
Though to be more accurate, I said why I wun buy LR.
Cos I cannot wait long long one...

either u are a flipper(short term speculators) or you are very very old in age...:D

devilplate
15-11-10, 15:33
50yo considered old?

peterng8
15-11-10, 15:36
50yo considered old?

you are sfoo?..one person so many nicks zo run...

devilplate
15-11-10, 15:37
you are sfoo?..one person so many nicks zo run...

haha agent ng:tongue3:

peterng8
15-11-10, 15:48
haha agent ng:tongue3:

Agent? agent see me treat me like a king...call ng in front call ng at the back....what is your mentality why put on so many nicks? not confusing meh? you got split personality huh? just interested to know...:)

devilplate
15-11-10, 15:49
Agent? agent see me treat me like a king...call ng in front call ng at the back....

wah liu...tell me more:D

westman
15-11-10, 15:52
50yo considered old?

A long way to go before qualify for R.I.P
Long live and prosperous... :)

sfwoo
15-11-10, 19:29
either u are a flipper(short term speculators) or you are very very old in age...:D

I am no flipper.

My longest "hold" is 16 years. My shortest "hold" is 8 years. And the one I living in is "freehold"...so this one is "hold" until I die type...

peterng8
15-11-10, 20:24
I am no flipper.

My longest "hold" is 16 years. My shortest "hold" is 8 years. And the one I living in is "freehold"...so this one is "hold" until I die type...

make sure dont hold your breath...:D

peterng8
26-11-10, 21:31
buy PV if u still can get any unit below S$700psf ...:2cents: dont blame me if u miss this boat...

westman
26-11-10, 21:39
buy PV if u still can get any unit below S$700psf ...:2cents: dont blame me if u miss this boat...

Sure or not, now still have meh?:D :D :D
PV up! up! up! ;)

peterng8
28-11-10, 09:31
Sure or not, now still have meh?:D :D :D
PV up! up! up! ;)

So far PV is one of the lowest PSF in that area , if economy does not derail, imagine what will happen to the price around the area with the limited releases in that area...and with QE2 monies slowly in phase by phase...

peterng8
29-11-10, 16:10
buy PV if you still can get a bargain on this...price will be up exceeding S$750 psf in no time...mark my words

kingkong1984
30-11-10, 17:23
buy PV if you still can get a bargain on this...price will be up exceeding S$750 psf in no time...mark my words

Ok... how come so expansive arh? I thought all going down down down but you always say up up up...

why arh?

Like that arh?

peterng8
30-11-10, 17:28
Ok... how come so expansive arh? I thought all going down down down but you always say up up up...

why arh?

Like that arh?

PV is exactly opposite (4 lanes traffic separating caspian and PV)caspian and lakeholmz...diagonally opposite LF...price is up liao...dont know what is marketable price psf now as seems that PV owners all holding back ater LF launch...

kingkong1984
30-11-10, 17:48
PV is exactly opposite (4 lanes traffic separating caspian and PV)caspian and lakeholmz...diagonally opposite LF...price is up liao...dont know what is marketable price psf now as seems that PV owners all holding back ater LF launch...

ok, must keep us updated.

Go up is good news :)

peterng8
02-12-10, 11:21
anyone can advise what is the market price psf now after LF launch? :)

note PV smallest unit size is 1044sqft above (for studio and above)

westman
02-12-10, 12:51
anyone can advise what is the market price psf now after LF launch? :)

note PV smallest unit size is 1044sqft above (for studio and above)

No new transaction yet after LF launch.
Last transaction was $697psf for 1259 on 27 Oct for stack 454 unit #09-xx.

Maybe owners not selling now, perhaps?

peterng8
02-12-10, 14:03
No new transaction yet after LF launch.
Last transaction was $697psf for 1259 on 27 Oct for stack 454 unit #09-xx.

Maybe owners not selling now, perhaps?

suddenly very quiet for PV after LF launch...advertisements for all PV sale suddenly disappear overnight...think owners dont know what price to set now to sell..heard that prices near lake side/JE and boon lay MRT all go up...

rattydrama
02-12-10, 14:20
most people just stay at the side and wait till the sky is clearer maybe after the election.

kingkong1984
02-12-10, 14:27
All waiting for next quarter land sales. Strong bidding would up the prices. Poor bidding, good luck.

rattydrama
02-12-10, 14:34
exactly. so no need to rush now unless the location is good. wait and relax or sell some now and use the proceed to buy better locations as there will be more choices. :spliff:

tericia
02-12-10, 14:43

i agree with you.

OLY99
02-12-10, 15:38
All waiting for next quarter land sales. Strong bidding would up the prices. Poor bidding, good luck.

good news is the latest GLS doesnt cover jurong:D

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 15:42
I thought there is a white site infront of Jurong East mrt stn in the reserve list.
good news is the latest GLS doesnt cover jurong:D

OLY99
02-12-10, 16:06
I thought there is a white site infront of Jurong East mrt stn in the reserve list.

is it the 2nd white site for JDL mixed development? is already open for application but no further news.

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 16:07
The action is at the Jurong East area.
is it the 2nd white site for JDL mixed development? is already open for application but no further news.

peterng8
02-12-10, 21:00

poor bidding good luck to buyer, good bidding good luck to seller...see which sides are you in, if both sides, than nothing to worry...:)

again location dependent...

peterng8
02-12-10, 21:02

when is it close?

westman
02-12-10, 22:49
when is it close?

It's not even started. To begin, there must be a developer agreed to bid a minimum bid sum (as define by URA, amount not sure) in order to trigger the GLS. URA will launched the GLS thereafter. Generally, developers are given between 2 to 3 months to submit a bid.

The first JE white site was triggered in the same manner as mentioned above.
:2cents:

westman
02-12-10, 22:53
suddenly very quiet for PV after LF launch...advertisements for all PV sale suddenly disappear overnight...think owners dont know what price to set now to sell..heard that prices near lake side/JE and boon lay MRT all go up...

According to caveat, there are some units transacted during early Nov or around LF launch for Caspian, Lakeshore and Lakeholmz...
Maybe, owners for these three projects were more kanjeong to cash out profits....:spliff: PV owners more "zai" and firm for higher profit margin......:D :D

mygeemeel
02-12-10, 23:49
Same here, I also jai jai waiting for someone to buy mine at $1,100psf. Hehe.

kingkong1984
03-12-10, 03:23
The action is at the Jurong East area.
This is where its going to be exciting.

westman
03-12-10, 06:43
This is where its going to be exciting.

Agreed too that JE will be very exciting....
In particular, Ivory Height would be very interesting to watch as it's sitting side by side to Jurong Transportation hub and the future entertainment village (current science centre).... Also, IH is the only HuDC turned condo in Jurong area and we all know that HuDC condo has very good potential for enbloc due to it's plot ratio advantages.... We could well seeing another "Ferrer Court enbloc" coming in the future when Jurong gateway dream materialised.

peterng8
03-12-10, 07:28
According to caveat, there are some units transacted during early Nov or around LF launch for Caspian, Lakeshore and Lakeholmz...
Maybe, owners for these three projects were more kanjeong to cash out profits....:spliff: PV owners more "zai" and firm for higher profit margin......:D :D

I do a check with agent and the response is now PV 2 bedrooms selling at least S$800K and above for some sellers and some owners who bought at past 2 years are not selling and waiting for the place to further developed esp the white site and the canadian school to complete..

sfwoo
03-12-10, 11:23
Today very noisy at Parc Vista...

F16s.

hyenergix
03-12-10, 11:49
Agreed too that JE will be very exciting....
In particular, Ivory Height would be very interesting to watch as it's sitting side by side to Jurong Transportation hub and the future entertainment village (current science centre).... Also, IH is the only HuDC turned condo in Jurong area and we all know that HuDC condo has very good potential for enbloc due to it's plot ratio advantages.... We could well seeing another "Ferrer Court enbloc" coming in the future when Jurong gateway dream materialised.

The asking rent is about $3k for a $900k unit, which gives a gross yield of 4%. After deducting an optimistic interest rate of 2% and depreciation of 1% due to leasehold, net yield is about 1%, which is quite risky... so really have to buy for own stay or wait for enbloc.

devilplate
03-12-10, 12:22
The asking rent is about $3k for a $900k unit, which gives a gross yield of 4%. After deducting an optimistic interest rate of 2% and depreciation of 1% due to leasehold, net yield is about 1%, which is quite risky... so really have to buy for own stay or wait for enbloc.

errr...i disagree with ur way of calculating rental yield wor....

u borrow 2% to fetch 4% rental yield leh:p

hyenergix
03-12-10, 12:46
errr...i disagree with ur way of calculating rental yield wor....

u borrow 2% to fetch 4% rental yield leh:p

Oh, sorry, I was too busy just now so just estimated in my mind (that's the problem of not being an accountant). Here's a slightly more accurate one with Excel for a 900k unit over 30 years loan:

Cost of unit $ 900,000
Downpayment $ 300,000
Bank loan $ 600,000
Rental p.m. $ 3,000
Instalment p.m. over 30 years (2% interest) $ (2,500)
Depreciation based on $900k over 82 years lease left $ (900)
Net income p.m. $ (400)
Yield on $300k -1.6% !!!

Of course rental fluctuates but overall doesn't seem worthwhile to rent out as investment with 30 years horizon. So got to self stay or enbloc. Feel free to comment! Thanks :D

westman
03-12-10, 13:04
Oh, sorry, I was too busy just now so just estimated in my mind (that's the problem of not being an accountant). Here's a slightly more accurate one with Excel for a 900k unit over 30 years loan:

Of course rental fluctuates but overall doesn't seem worthwhile to rent out as investment with 30 years horizon. So got to self stay or enbloc. Feel free to comment! Thanks :D

Excellent computation. ;)

I've use your approach and I found ZERO project with positively yield.
Maybe my math very bad.:o Mind to share which project can yield positively?

hyenergix
03-12-10, 13:14
Excellent computation. ;)

I've use your approach and I found ZERO project with positively yield.
Maybe my math very bad.:o Mind to share which project can yield positively?

Must get FH or 999LH as they don't have land depreciation cost. I look at 99LH condos as consumer items that you pay to use and lose their values after that, unless got enbloc... OMG, must go back to work now :D

westman
03-12-10, 13:50
Must get FH or 999LH as they don't have land depreciation cost. I look at 99LH condos as consumer items that you pay to use and lose their values after that, unless got enbloc... OMG, must go back to work now :D

That is the point which I must disagree with you.
In essence, the computation suggest for investment, LH will DEFINITELY give u negative yield hence property investor should only consider FH or 999 projects.:doh: My apology for the disagreement. No offend hor:ashamed1:

Any further comment from fellow formers?

mygeemeel
03-12-10, 14:44
All salah. Different market different approach. If suburban, buy for capital appreciation and then flip. For city/cityfringe, buy for rental income. Example: buy a Millpoint unit at about $850k, rental at $4k. Quite decent lei.

Sorry, I'm not accountant. I'm a salesman. My moto: try to confuse others if I cannot convince.:D

kingkong1984
03-12-10, 14:56
Dun understand these posts liao. Must ask teacher.

hyenergix
03-12-10, 15:07
That is the point which I must disagree with you.
In essence, the computation suggest for investment, LH will DEFINITELY give u negative yield hence property investor should only consider FH or 999 projects.:doh: My apology for the disagreement. No offend hor:ashamed1:

Any further comment from fellow formers?

Of course no offense as all are here to share info and learn from one another :)

The rate of depreciation is different case by case e.g. for cars the depreciation is the steepest for the 1st few years but for properties there may not be any effort or it could even appreciate in the first 10-20 years. After that I have really no idea, but I cannot bring myself to buy an old pte property with 70 years of lease left. So I don't expect future investors to do so. But if there is a developer willing to buy over and top up the lease then the owners may reap a profit.

But eventually all 99LH must depreciate to $0 if you hold for 99 years because the land must be returned to the government.

mygeemeel
03-12-10, 15:27
Wah, I recommend to buy caspian than to buy PV. :p

devilplate
03-12-10, 15:37
All salah. Different market different approach. If suburban, buy for capital appreciation and then flip. For city/cityfringe, buy for rental income. Example: buy a Millpoint unit at about $850k, rental at $4k. Quite decent lei.

Sorry, I'm not accountant. I'm a salesman. My moto: try to confuse others if I cannot convince.:D

u r agt ar?? y inflate the rental? 3k more like it

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2304188/for-rent-mill-point

mygeemeel
03-12-10, 15:42
u r agt ar?? y inflate the rental? 3k more like it

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2304188/for-rent-mill-point

I was told by an agent of an existing tenant when I wanted to buy a unit there. Are you an agent yourself? You posted the advert in propertyguru right?? I should have known!

peterng8
03-12-10, 16:34
:)
Today very noisy at Parc Vista...

F16s.

u sold off yours already is it ? care to share how much u have sold? :)

understand your feelings, my friend just sold of also cannot wait til LF launch...so quickly sold off at a lesser profit but good for him as he now move to another condo at the west...he needs cash fast...

peterng8
03-12-10, 16:39

like that calculate than dont buy 99 all buy FH ha ha, than garmen got tough time already as most of the mrt sites are 99...:D

DC33_2008
03-12-10, 16:43
In fact, some 99LH property can have better rental yield and capital appreciation compared to FH.

peterng8
03-12-10, 16:45
In fact, some 99LH property can have better rental yield and capital appreciation compared to FH.

oh I was referring to the some previous post at previous page on calculation of rental yield in this thread...taking land depreciation into consideration...jia chao liao if like that...

sfwoo
03-12-10, 19:32
:)

u sold off yours already is it ? care to share how much u have sold? :)

understand your feelings, my friend just sold of also cannot wait til LF launch...so quickly sold off at a lesser profit but good for him as he now move to another condo at the west...he needs cash fast...

HAHAHA! You joking again!
I nearly wanted to buy. But then the F16s kept reminding me why I shud not.
Today morning, they flew. Afternoon, they flew.
Very nice to see.
Not so nice to hear.

peterng8
03-12-10, 19:43
HAHAHA! You joking again!
I nearly wanted to buy. But then the F16s kept reminding me why I shud not.
Today morning, they flew. Afternoon, they flew.
Very nice to see.
Not so nice to hear.

I know I have seen your post somewhere , are u the onewho has sold the place at jurong and moving back to central area? Btw, F16 flying is in whole area,, if it affects PV, all the condo surrounding are also affected by F16...PV is just opposite Caspian, lakeholmz, LF and besides lakeshore, just opposite lakeside MRT...HDB also affected so your post should say F16 fly over lakeside area not over PV...that is the reason why I suspected that you have sold teh place in Jurong and that is PV or HDB near PV...:D

btw, you are one of the people who do not fancy this area...I have seen your posts before...:)

sfwoo
03-12-10, 20:04
btw, you are one of the people who do not fancy this area...I have seen your posts before...:)

Yup.
You are right.

peterng8
06-12-10, 08:48
F16 dont always fly there lah..btw..some interesting article to read if the hot money comes in, JDB is one of the possibility where condo NEXT to mrt is worth looking at ....

Reaping the benefits of wealth creation

Hot-money flows into Asia have hogged the headlines for much of the past month as the investment community acted in anticipation of the second round of quantitative easing that the United States Federal Reserve is expected to unleash.

Rapid and large fund flows into a region tend to inflate prices in all asset classes, creating wealth in the destination countries. Typically, such new wealth created tends to be attracted to property.
We saw this happen after the Fed’s first round of quantitative easing that started in October 2008. In Singapore, the benchmark Straits Times Index rose 91 per cent by the end of last year, after reaching a trough of 1,513 points on March 1 last year. Private home prices, as measured by the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Private Residential Property Index, increased by 24 per cent between 2Q2009 and 4Q2009.
These increases came about even when the economic picture was nowhere as rosy as it is now: Singapore’s GDP growth in 2Q2009 was at 1.8 per cent and the unemployment rate stood at 3.3 per cent. The latest data showed 3Q2010 GDP growth at 10.6 per cent, with full-year growth expected to hit 15 per cent, while the 3Q2010 unemployment rate stood at 2.1 per cent.
Drawing from this, it may be argued that if the fund flows into Asia do materialise and generate another round of wealth creation, property prices here may not come down next year, despite the Government’s cooling measures.
To slow the increases in property prices, the Government has implemented three rounds of measures to moderate investment demand since last year, the latest on Aug 30. And only last week, supply-side measures were introduced when the Government announced a record high quantum of land to be released for sale in the first half of next year.
Although there were periods of immediate slowdown in market activity after these measures, the property market has proven to be very resilient and prices have continued to climb. Those who have been waiting for “distressed sales” can attest to the market’s resilience. Why is this so?
Singapore is reaping the benefits of years of effort to reshape its economy that have contributed to a very strong wealth creation cycle.
Evidence of this can be found from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore’s annual reports. On a year-on-year basis, the number of residents with assessed income of $100,001 and above has been increasing. There were 132,399, 153,779, 187,856 and 215,467 residents with taxable income of $100,001 and more in the Years of Assessment 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009, respectively. Note also that the number did not fall in the recessionary period from 2008 to last year.
Also, the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s Financial Stability Report released this month showed that the net wealth of Singapore households has increased by 29 per cent from the trough in 1Q2009, while household net debt-to-asset ratio remains at a low of 15 per cent, compared to a historical average of 18 per cent. According to the MAS report, the proportion of housing loans in negative equity has fallen from a peak of 2.9 per cent in 3Q2009 to less than 1 per cent since 4Q2009. These factors have contributed to the ability of Singaporeans to continue to buy properties or upgrade.
Fundamentally, investing in Singapore’s private residential property market has probably never been as attractive due to the positive carry. This has been brought about by the low interest rate environment and a resilient rental market, with overall occupancy at 94 per cent as at 3Q2010, according to URA data.
Looking ahead, we are entering into a positive wealth creation cycle: Wage growth and bonuses are expected to be good, the economy is expected to fare well next year and Asian stock markets are expected to rise, according to various reports by equity strategists.
Thus, there is good reason to expect property prices to continue their moderate climb in the coming months. Demand could be further supported by foreign funds, with Singapore’s property market remaining attractive due to a relatively lower level of entry barriers compared to Hong Kong and China and underpinned by sound economic fundamentals.
This, ironically, could trigger more measures by the Government to cool the market. These could include further reduction of the loan-to-value ratios for home purchases, limiting the use of CPF money for investment properties or even introducing a capital gains tax to “catch up” with Hong Kong, among others. The impetus for more measures may come from the need to ensure that Singapore does not get an over-allocation of “hot money”.
But I am beginning to doubt whether Government measures alone would be enough to curb sentiment if the wealth creation cycle continues and credit remains cheap, which would mean that those expecting a prolonged price fall will be disappointed.
By Tan Kok Keong, head of research and consultancy at Orange Tee

speed
11-12-10, 08:43
Cost of unit $ 900,000
Downpayment $ 300,000
Bank loan $ 600,000
Rental p.m. $ 3,000
Instalment p.m. over 30 years (2% interest) $ (2,500)
Depreciation based on $900k over 82 years lease left $ (900)
Net income p.m. $ (400)
Yield on $300k -1.6% !!!

Firstly the "depreciation" is highly questionable, as it is not linear over the entire 99years, at some time depend on market value, it may appreicate.

Secondly, and most important, part of monthly loan installment is to pay up the principle, which reuced the loan over time. You should only consider only the amount for interest, which is about $1K/mth.

hyenergix
11-12-10, 08:47
You missed my 2nd part of my post about depreciation rate. I'm just not comfortable with the thought of buying something that will eventually depreciate ;)

DC33_2008
11-12-10, 10:10
If that is your main reservation, you should just go for 999LH or FH.
You missed my 2nd part of my post about depreciation rate. I'm just not comfortable with the thought of buying something that will eventually depreciate ;)

speed
11-12-10, 19:12

whether you like leasehold or not, this should not be use for yeild computation as it is not reflected correctly.

btw, even for FH property, there are depreciation costs on everything else other than that piece of land.

hyenergix
11-12-10, 19:43
I still feel that long term view of yield should include the land cost that is depreciating due to 99LH. True that the building on top of the land is also depreciating, but that goes the same for 99LH. Some landed properties around Stirling road have little lease left and they are truely cheap.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-167-stirling-road-2610721

hyenergix
11-12-10, 20:34
Wrong link - the Stirling one was gone some time ago. Here are the others that are reaching end of their lease...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2292366/for-sale-39-upper-boon-keng-road

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2647452/for-sale-geylang-lor-3

westman
11-12-10, 21:24
Wrong link - the Stirling one was gone some time ago. Here are the others that are reaching end of their lease...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2292366/for-sale-39-upper-boon-keng-road

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2647452/for-sale-geylang-lor-3

The example as provided are HDB units?
Do you think owners of HDB untis can seek for enbloc?

BB
12-12-10, 06:44
Buying a home: freehold vs leasehold

NICHOLAS MAK examines how both tenures perform in rising and falling markets as well as in collective sales

THE question of whether to own freehold or leasehold property seems a perennial one, with pros and cons shifting with market cycles and new trends. Here, we examine the issue from the perspective of both a home owner and investor, and see how both tenures perform in rising and falling markets as well as in collective sales.

The chief attraction of 99-year leasehold property is that it is typically priced lower than a comparable freehold property. As a result, they are popular with HDB upgraders as entry-level private properties. Most mass-market homes are 99-year leasehold condominiums, with prices ranging from $500 per sq ft to $900 per sq ft. A typical family-size apartment could cost anything from $600,000 to $1.2 million.

For investors, leasehold properties usually offer a higher rental yield because of their lower capital cost. However, the higher yield merely compensates the owner for the decaying lease.

One of the more apparent disadvantages of owning a 99-year leasehold property is that the length of the lease is contracting daily. All else being equal, this would result in falling property value. However, certain external factors could slow the decline in value, such as if the property is sought after by tenants or buyers. This could be due to a prime location, improving infrastructure (such as a proposed MRT station nearby), or good amenities or popular schools in the vicinity.

When it comes to collective sales, there are usually fewer opportunities for them with 99-year homes. One reason is that many of them are still relatively new and in good condition. Thus, the owners do not feel any urgency to sell their homes collectively.

A more pertinent reason is that the premium payable to the government to top up a 99-year lease is quite high, based on the existing formula. And since developers factor the premium as part of the total land cost, the higher the premium the less the owner of the ageing leasehold would get in any collective sale.

As such, collective sales are not attractive to many owners of 99-year leasehold apartments unless the expense of maintaining their ageing properties are so high that a collective sale becomes the cheaper alternative.

A key benefit of owning freehold real estate is that the land value does not generally depreciate in the long term. Although all properties are subject to market fluctuations, the price of freehold land tends to be more stable than that of leasehold land over time. However, the value of a freehold property could still decrease over time due to the depreciating value of the ageing building. Over the long term, while the value of freehold land may increase or remain little changed, the value of the building would decline.

One factor that supports the value of freehold land in Singapore is its scarcity. Since all the land sold by the government is leasehold, the amount of freehold land would not increase. In fact, it might shrink over time if the government makes acquisitions of such land.

Another advantage of owning a freehold property is the potential of a windfall from a collective sale. If the value of the freehold land increases while the value of the ageing building declines, it could reach a stage where the redevelopment value of the property is worth more than the utility value of the existing building. As a result, the property owners may find a collective sale of their property to a developer to be highly profitable.

Some developers looking to acquire residential land for development may also prefer freehold land to ageing 99-year leasehold property because freehold land would not require the payment of a hefty premium for extending the lease.

For all these reasons, freehold residential properties are generally priced higher than 99-year leaseholds. The price range of freehold non-landed properties is also wider than that of comparable leasehold properties. Depending on the location, freehold property prices could vary from $600 psf to $4,000 psf or more. The majority of high-end residential properties are freehold.

For investors, one disadvantage of freehold property is the lower rental yield, a function of the higher cost of the property.

Also, while freehold properties have a higher likelihood of a collective sale than their leasehold counterparts, that can prove to be a double-edged sword. The property boom of 2005 to 2008 whipped up a collective sale frenzy. But some property owners who sold for a windfall found they could not get a replacement home in the same location from their proceeds. As the collective sale boom was powered by surging property prices, by the time en-bloc property sellers received their proceeds, the prices of comparable replacement homes would have moved out of reach.

Now, we look at the price performance of freehold and leasehold properties. Although freehold properties are usually priced higher than their leasehold counterparts, their rate of appreciation does not always outperform.

There were two property cycles between end-1998 and mid-2009. The first market boom, which started at end-1998 and ended in mid-2000, was a bottom-up price recovery. Demand started in the mass-market sector and moved up to the mid-tier and finally the high-end segment.

During this 18-month period, the average price of 99-year condominiums rose faster than that of freehold homes. The average price of freehold condominiums grew by 38.2 per cent, while the average price of 99-year leasehold condominiums surged by 46.2 per cent.

But on the way down, leasehold home prices also fell more steeply. On the downcycle between mid-2000 and the first half of 2004, the average price of leasehold condominiums fell 26.1 per cent, steeper than the freehold price decline of 17.6 per cent.

The most recent boom that lasted four years from mid-2004 to mid-2008 started with high-end property and gradually filtered down to the mass market.

Even when the mass-market sector started to pick up in 2007, the momentum in the high-end segment did not let up. As a result, freehold condominium prices jumped by an impressive 64.7 per cent on average, while the average leasehold property price rose some 50 per cent.

When the property market here started to contract in mid-2008 due to the global financial crisis, freehold condominium prices fell 26.5 per cent year on year, just slightly more than 99-year leaseholds, which dropped by 23.8 per cent.

What this study shows is that if the upswing in the property market is bottom-up, leasehold condominiums could outperform freehold ones. Conversely, if the boom is top down, freehold condominiums would deliver superior results. However, this study also illustrates that the faster the rise, the harder the fall. So in a top-down property boom, owners of freehold condominiums who had enjoyed a sharper price appreciation should be nimble enough to lock in their gains before the downtrend sets in.

In comparing freehold and leasehold residential properties, there is no conclusive evidence to show that one is better than the other. Ultimately, the decision boils down to budget and preference.

The writer is a real estate lecturer at Ngee Ann Polytechnic

hyenergix
12-12-10, 06:53
The example as provided are HDB units?
Do you think owners of HDB untis can seek for enbloc?

Maybe HDB/HUDC or private. The HDB enbloc is called SERS, which is just as good as the private property enbloc. But this is decided by HDB not the owners.

BB
12-12-10, 07:06
Chasing away leasehold worries

The key to a wise property choice lies in buying to suit your budget and preference

By Jessica Cheam

The wait lasted nearly half a year.

Since I exercised the option to buy my first new home some time last August, I had eagerly awaited the day I could move in, pop open a bottle of champagne and bask in the smell of my freshly painted walls.

That day finally arrived just in time for New Year's Day - the beginning of a whole new decade - and I was understandably excited.

But just before and after The Big Move, I was besieged by a phenomenon I had never thought about: post-purchase cognitive dissonance (PPCD).

I'm not making it up, really. Cognitive dissonance is defined as a condition of conflict or anxiety resulting from one's actions. And PPCD is when, after buying something, you feel that an alternative would have been preferable.

In fact, you go through a rationalisation process in your head, questioning all the factors that made you decide to buy the said thing, and wonder if it was all one big mistake.

You see, in my quest for a spacious, affordable home somewhere in the suburbs, I had bought a 99-year leasehold apartment.

I surprised myself because I have traditionally been on the side of freehold property in the freehold versus leasehold debate.

I know the typical arguments for both sides of the case but I never gave it much thought till I became a home buyer and the cold, hard, facts were staring me in the face.

I had started off looking at freehold properties but, when it came down to dollars and cents, I realised that the difference between a freehold and leasehold apartment of the size I wanted was more than $150,000 and it made a big difference.

I took the plunge.

Today, my 1,650 sq ft property has 85 years left on its lease. After spending every penny my other half and I had on renovations and furnishings, we were thrilled the day we moved in.

Everything was gleaming and it felt good that we owned everything we saw.

But this lasted only a few days.

Acutely aware of the new depths my bank accounts had plunged to, I was overcome by an attack of PPCD during lunch with my mother one day while shopping for cutlery.

Mum, I asked, did I make a bad move sinking all my money into a property that will take me 30 years to pay off? And at the end of 99 years, would be worth absolutely nothing?

Also, given the price I'd paid for the property, is it likely that I could even break even on costs if I wanted to sell my apartment a few years later?

I was panicking, and convinced that nobody would buy my apartment when I want to sell it. I would incur a huge loss on it - something I wouldn't be able to live down as a property reporter.

In an attempt to alleviate the symptoms of my PPCD, I spoke to some property analysts for an objective assessment of my choice to invest in a leasehold home.

This is the list of factors to consider that I eventually came up with:

1. Affordability

The major advantage of a leasehold property is that it is cheaper and offers a first-time home buyer a good opportunity to get on the property ladder without financial stress.

2. Yield

Leasehold homes also typically give you a higher yield compared to a similar freehold property as you can command the same rent but your capital outlay is lower.

3. Depreciation, and factors that will compensate for this

The main drawback is that the value of your property depreciates with age. I have now come to accept this fact, but there are some factors that can influence the rate of depreciation, such as location, quality of amenities and transport network.

For those contemplating a leasehold home, is it near an MRT station? Is your estate slated for major upgrading?

Thankfully, I thought, my new home will benefit from the upcoming Bukit Timah MRT line.

4. Collective sales

Leasehold properties typically receive less proceeds as developers have to pay the Government a fee to top up the lease, unlike for freehold properties.

I'm personally not one for collective sales. But it is comforting to know that even an old leasehold estate such as Farrer Court could command a premium of $2.15 million per home when it went en bloc.

5. Historic figures

Looking at property cycles in the last decade, analysts say the rate of appreciation of freehold homes does not always outperform that of leasehold homes.

In general, the numbers show that in an upswing, leasehold properties tend to gain more, although in a downturn, they also fall more rapidly - meaning prices are more volatile.

So if you buy a leasehold property and intend to hold on to your home for some time, you could easily choose to sell in an upswing instead of a downturn.

All in all, I felt my anxieties dissolve when I realised that my leasehold home was affordable, will give me a reasonable yield if I choose to rent it out, and would likely appreciate - or hold - in value when transport networks are improved.

Analysts say there is no conclusive evidence to show one is definitely better than the other, and that the decision you make depends mainly on budget and preference.

I now realise that my home, which I love because it has four bedrooms and is surrounded by four different nature parks, was really the best choice for me, given what I could afford.

My mum, in her infinite wisdom, said: 'If history is anything to go by, you'll be fine.'

My parents recently sold an HDB flat in Jurong after my grandmother who lived there passed away. It had aged 20 years since they bought it, yet they sold it at a price far higher than what they paid for it.

See? Why worry so much, my mum chided, HDB flats are also leasehold and their values go up every year.

It was a good point. I decided then I would just enjoy my first home, day by day

tericia
12-12-10, 23:41
Chasing away leasehold worries

The key to a wise property choice lies in buying to suit your budget and preference

By Jessica Cheam

The wait lasted nearly half a year.

Since I exercised the option to buy my first new home some time last August, I had eagerly awaited the day I could move in, pop open a bottle of champagne and bask in the smell of my freshly painted walls.

That day finally arrived just in time for New Year's Day - the beginning of a whole new decade - and I was understandably excited.

But just before and after The Big Move, I was besieged by a phenomenon I had never thought about: post-purchase cognitive dissonance (PPCD).

I'm not making it up, really. Cognitive dissonance is defined as a condition of conflict or anxiety resulting from one's actions. And PPCD is when, after buying something, you feel that an alternative would have been preferable.

In fact, you go through a rationalisation process in your head, questioning all the factors that made you decide to buy the said thing, and wonder if it was all one big mistake.

You see, in my quest for a spacious, affordable home somewhere in the suburbs, I had bought a 99-year leasehold apartment.

I surprised myself because I have traditionally been on the side of freehold property in the freehold versus leasehold debate.

I know the typical arguments for both sides of the case but I never gave it much thought till I became a home buyer and the cold, hard, facts were staring me in the face.

I had started off looking at freehold properties but, when it came down to dollars and cents, I realised that the difference between a freehold and leasehold apartment of the size I wanted was more than $150,000 and it made a big difference.

I took the plunge.

Today, my 1,650 sq ft property has 85 years left on its lease. After spending every penny my other half and I had on renovations and furnishings, we were thrilled the day we moved in.

Everything was gleaming and it felt good that we owned everything we saw.

But this lasted only a few days.

Acutely aware of the new depths my bank accounts had plunged to, I was overcome by an attack of PPCD during lunch with my mother one day while shopping for cutlery.

Mum, I asked, did I make a bad move sinking all my money into a property that will take me 30 years to pay off? And at the end of 99 years, would be worth absolutely nothing?

Also, given the price I'd paid for the property, is it likely that I could even break even on costs if I wanted to sell my apartment a few years later?

I was panicking, and convinced that nobody would buy my apartment when I want to sell it. I would incur a huge loss on it - something I wouldn't be able to live down as a property reporter.

In an attempt to alleviate the symptoms of my PPCD, I spoke to some property analysts for an objective assessment of my choice to invest in a leasehold home.

This is the list of factors to consider that I eventually came up with:

1. Affordability

The major advantage of a leasehold property is that it is cheaper and offers a first-time home buyer a good opportunity to get on the property ladder without financial stress.

2. Yield

Leasehold homes also typically give you a higher yield compared to a similar freehold property as you can command the same rent but your capital outlay is lower.

3. Depreciation, and factors that will compensate for this

The main drawback is that the value of your property depreciates with age. I have now come to accept this fact, but there are some factors that can influence the rate of depreciation, such as location, quality of amenities and transport network.

For those contemplating a leasehold home, is it near an MRT station? Is your estate slated for major upgrading?

Thankfully, I thought, my new home will benefit from the upcoming Bukit Timah MRT line.

4. Collective sales

Leasehold properties typically receive less proceeds as developers have to pay the Government a fee to top up the lease, unlike for freehold properties.

I'm personally not one for collective sales. But it is comforting to know that even an old leasehold estate such as Farrer Court could command a premium of $2.15 million per home when it went en bloc.

5. Historic figures

Looking at property cycles in the last decade, analysts say the rate of appreciation of freehold homes does not always outperform that of leasehold homes.

In general, the numbers show that in an upswing, leasehold properties tend to gain more, although in a downturn, they also fall more rapidly - meaning prices are more volatile.

So if you buy a leasehold property and intend to hold on to your home for some time, you could easily choose to sell in an upswing instead of a downturn.

All in all, I felt my anxieties dissolve when I realised that my leasehold home was affordable, will give me a reasonable yield if I choose to rent it out, and would likely appreciate - or hold - in value when transport networks are improved.

Analysts say there is no conclusive evidence to show one is definitely better than the other, and that the decision you make depends mainly on budget and preference.

I now realise that my home, which I love because it has four bedrooms and is surrounded by four different nature parks, was really the best choice for me, given what I could afford.

My mum, in her infinite wisdom, said: 'If history is anything to go by, you'll be fine.'

My parents recently sold an HDB flat in Jurong after my grandmother who lived there passed away. It had aged 20 years since they bought it, yet they sold it at a price far higher than what they paid for it.

See? Why worry so much, my mum chided, HDB flats are also leasehold and their values go up every year.

It was a good point. I decided then I would just enjoy my first home, day by day

An average between an elephant and a mouse will show a solution that is nowhere near the elephant, or the mouse.

Though it is on average true that the value of a leasehold flat declines as it ages, these people who write, generally do not show the traits of an investor. If not, they would also see the price appreciations for 43 year old places at Tiong Bahru walkups, since 2006. As the walk ups ages, the prices still went up.

Like a stock, the purchase is based on many factors. We do not get a stock just based on pricing, unless one is a diehard fan of Adam Mesh, who is a powerful advocate of technical analysis.

Most will still evaluate the business fundamentals, who is in the management, what are the future directions of the company. It is the same for the apartment as each apartment is different, nevertheless free or leasehold.

There are people who made and lost money in both. The forumers who identify averages tend to be just that, averagers. We have to be realistic in understanding the value forumers and writers who are averagers provide. As said in Wallstreet: tell me something i don't already know.

peterng8
07-01-11, 13:03
Hmm.. Parc vista price is climbing up...still got room to go up...notice that less and less people are willing to let go units here? why huh?

kingkong1984
07-01-11, 13:12
U act blur. No recession where can have price down?

peterng8
07-01-11, 15:35
U act blur. No recession where can have price down?

No la,...i am not talking about firesale...I am asking why people not keen in selling theier units now in PV as price is going up now..what are they waiting?:D :D only a purported reason, the price is going to up further...

focus
07-01-11, 16:10
Wa... this is puzzling.. nobody buying ? so developer kancheong and want to sell enbloc?

Residence81 @ Lor G Telok Kurau
Selling Enbloc with naming rights.

hyenergix
07-01-11, 16:26
An average between an elephant and a mouse will show a solution that is nowhere near the elephant, or the mouse.

Though it is on average true that the value of a leasehold flat declines as it ages, these people who write, generally do not show the traits of an investor. If not, they would also see the price appreciations for 43 year old places at Tiong Bahru walkups, since 2006. As the walk ups ages, the prices still went up.

Like a stock, the purchase is based on many factors. We do not get a stock just based on pricing, unless one is a diehard fan of Adam Mesh, who is a powerful advocate of technical analysis.

Most will still evaluate the business fundamentals, who is in the management, what are the future directions of the company. It is the same for the apartment as each apartment is different, nevertheless free or leasehold.

There are people who made and lost money in both. The forumers who identify averages tend to be just that, averagers. We have to be realistic in understanding the value forumers and writers who are averagers provide. As said in Wallstreet: tell me something i don't already know.

I disagree.

Singapore's circumstances are unique. Given our decreasing birth-rate, the demand for houses should decline with time, hence the house price should also decline. However, this is greatly affected by immigration policy and lack of foresight by HDB from 2005-2009. The rising tide of sudden population increase lifted all boats, including the 99 LH properties.

Prices are moderating now due to clamp-down in immigration numbers and massive injections of BTOs/ECs and GLS in 2010 and 2011. Once these condos TOP and our population growth slows down, we will see 99 LH in general losing their appeal and price with time.

tericia
07-01-11, 20:07
I disagree.

Singapore's circumstances are unique. Given our decreasing birth-rate, the demand for houses should decline with time, hence the house price should also decline. However, this is greatly affected by immigration policy and lack of foresight by HDB from 2005-2009. The rising tide of sudden population increase lifted all boats, including the 99 LH properties.

Prices are moderating now due to clamp-down in immigration numbers and massive injections of BTOs/ECs and GLS in 2010 and 2011. Once these condos TOP and our population growth slows down, we will see 99 LH in general losing their appeal and price with time.

a very good point that you have stated.

kingkong1984
07-01-11, 20:28
What was taken out can be put back easily. It's that flexible. It all depends on prevailing policies.

Can u be sure no influx again or no major exodus of foreigners? It's all predictions and guess work.

peterng8
10-01-11, 10:22
What was taken out can be put back easily. It's that flexible. It all depends on prevailing policies.

Can u be sure no influx again or no major exodus of foreigners? It's all predictions and guess work.

you are right, as long as to sustain or improv singpaore econoomies, with less childbirth annually, what can the garmen do to have enough propulation? more FTs la...:)

kingkong1984
11-01-11, 19:42

Haha coe taken out and put back liao. May not cross 100k ever.

peterng8
22-01-11, 21:31
JLD is in the news today and MR LIm is implying that the price hopefully will not be pushed up further with this news that confirm JLD is a commitment again by garmen again....Condo that is near Lakeside MRT, JE MRT and Boon Lay another long term investment blue eye kids...:2cents:

Regulators
23-01-11, 23:39
govt has made commitment several times regarding punggol since 1996. We will see whether their latest promises for the punggol residents work. I give you another 5 years and the place will still be a crap estate.

JLD is in the news today and MR LIm is implying that the price hopefully will not be pushed up further with this news that confirm JLD is a commitment again by garmen again....Condo that is near Lakeside MRT, JE MRT and Boon Lay another long term investment blue eye kids...:2cents:

DaytonaSS
24-01-11, 00:08
govt has made commitment several times regarding punggol since 1996. We will see whether their latest promises for the punggol residents work. I give you another 5 years and the place will still be a crap estate.

Govt are building tons of HDB there. Selling the location to young singaporeans! Forum bro de-selling the place, quickly get out due to the jia luk population from across the sea.

hyenergix
24-01-11, 05:54

Punggol stuffs are really decoys to get people to buy the HDBs there to alleviate the constraints in the cities. At least JLD has companies and factories to support the price growth. My feel is there will be significant growth over the years at JLD but not as grand as what people imagine or agents selling. The grandest will still be the Marina Financial District.

westman
24-01-11, 07:13
Punggol stuffs are really decoys to get people to buy the HDBs there to alleviate the constraints in the cities. At least JLD has companies and factories to support the price growth. My feel is there will be significant growth over the years at JLD but not as grand as what people imagine or agents selling. The grandest will still be the Marina Financial District.

If JLD can be perceived as good as AMK, suffice liao. :D

kingkong1984
24-01-11, 07:32
If JLD can be perceived as good as AMK, suffice liao. :D
Needs time. JLD can be the next tampines. Needs time. Should get those nearer to jurong east area.

proud owner
24-01-11, 08:04
Needs time. JLD can be the next tampines. Needs time. Should get those nearer to jurong east area.

i feel ..the success depends alot of the transport system

punggol will suffer becos its supported by circle line ...

Jurong .. part serves by main line ...the rest are circle line

tampines is main line

so i think punggol and jurong will lose out ...

taggy
24-01-11, 08:06

tampines is main line

punggol is north-east line leh, where got circle line:D

proud owner
24-01-11, 08:08
punggol is north-east line leh, where got circle line:D

with interchange at D Ghaut ? the walk within the station is damn long

westman
24-01-11, 08:12

tampines is main line

Tot JE, CG and L are main line? Also, JE also serve NE line, thus better than Tampines i'n my opinion.:2cents:

peterng8
25-01-11, 09:06
Tot JE, CG and L are main line? Also, JE also serve NE line, thus better than Tampines i'n my opinion.:2cents:

I drive but when I free, I like taking mrt around to have a feel...NS and EW are main lines.

lake side, chinese garden and Jurong East is EW line, it is the first mRT mian line and the oldest followed by NS line than the rest...

I am looking forward for the J cube to be up next year and the construction work is around 50% now.

kingkong1984
25-01-11, 09:15
Look for interchange. Tats all. Massive potential when they intersec.

peterng8
25-01-11, 09:20

It is Ok for JLD not to realise as some of the critics hope or feel skeptical about, than it is best for those people to stay away this area for long term investment, as those who bought any ppty in the west at high price and those who bought at this time(2009 to 2010) thinking it is a bargain will see thier ppty price upside seriously curbed and limited.

some 3 room condo which take 10 to 15 min walk to mrt had been priced 600k or below before the property bull year 2009...think about it why I know..:D

Regulators
26-01-11, 23:22
I presume you bought the unit

some 3 room condo which take 10 to 15 min walk to mrt had been priced 600k or below before the property bull year 2009...think about it why I know..:D

rattydrama
26-01-11, 23:25
I presume you bought the unit he sold it and bou another in better location

westman
27-01-11, 06:08
he sold it and bou another in better location

huh... tot peter is a strong supporter for PV and JLD?:confused: :confused: :confused:

sfwoo
27-01-11, 08:56
huh... tot peter is a strong supporter for PV and JLD?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Strong supporter also allowed to take profit...

westman
27-01-11, 10:28
Strong supporter also allowed to take profit...

Understand. Nonetheless, surprised that he exited from JLD so quickly as I told Peter will play long in JLD.

ay123
27-01-11, 10:39
Understand. Nonetheless, surprised that he exited from JLD so quickly as I told Peter will play long in JLD.

aiya...he talk only lah and always talk like some expert. i remember he once promote caspian, then suddenly "U" turn and say quickly sell if u made money. (becos he had sold his unit for a small profit). he talk like wind...... go along any direction tat is good for him. BEWARE OF HIS ROD!!

Regulators
27-01-11, 11:04
he is probably the type that will quickly sell when his property goes up 10%- 15%. Most agents are quick to take profit

aiya...he talk only lah and always talk like some expert. i remember he once promote caspian, then suddenly "U" turn and say quickly sell if u made money. (becos he had sold his unit for a small profit). he talk like wind...... go along any direction tat is good for him. BEWARE OF HIS ROD!!

sfwoo
27-01-11, 11:18
Dunno if JLD will turn out well...the surroundings are industrial, the air is industrial...since I am part of the "industry" in the west, I hope all goes well for JLD...though I doubt it. Just for starters, the "LAKE" CMI...

Woodlands and Tampines as regional centres just convert the place into nightmare for cars looking for space to park. I used to go to Woodlands and Tampines for shopping trips even though I am in the west...not anymore.

kingkong1984
27-01-11, 11:24
Haha.... Better warn others too. It's the ROD thing.

peterng8
27-01-11, 14:00
Wow, what the big fuss? :D

westman
27-01-11, 15:48
Wow, what the big fuss? :D

haha.. didn't know you have already exited out from & PV and JLD.
Congrat for taking profit...:D :D :D

ay123
27-01-11, 16:08

he nervous??? :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

rattydrama
27-01-11, 21:41
haha he dim dim guess hit jack pot really take profit huh:scared-4: now maybe eyeing mi lasa........

westman
27-01-11, 21:44
haha he dim dim guess hit jack pot really take profit huh:scared-4: now maybe eyeing mi lasa........

I recalled peter frequently telling ppl "come come buy PV..." nvr tot it's for himself.... :2cents:

kingkong1984
28-01-11, 07:55
Haha.... Come buy p v cause agent buyer Peter is there. Maybe tats why talk up JLD and talk down laksa mee.. Haha

peterng8
28-01-11, 08:16

no leh...not exit...wny exit?:)

peterng8
28-01-11, 08:18

my prediction becomes true as my prediction to caspian...

peterng8
28-01-11, 08:21

ai ya 123, dont any how say, u miss my rod is it? :D I mentioned that caspian if can reach $900 psf or above can quickly sell liao...go and check it out again at my thread if you are free...:D

peterng8
28-01-11, 08:28
Haha.... Come buy p v cause agent buyer Peter is there. Maybe tats why talk up JLD and talk down laksa mee.. Haha

talk up JLD is a fact what as got development ma......nothing special at mi casa. further more every friday can hear prayers loud and clear, not everyone will like it. so why must be agent to do this? :sleep:

peterng8
28-01-11, 08:46
I recalled peter frequently telling ppl "come come buy PV..." nvr tot it's for himself.... :2cents:

Buy PV is good...big and spacious even the studio is close to 1000sqft, 2 rooms at 1055 to 1076sqft and 3 rooms above 1250 sqft...go downstairs,

you have so many BBQ pits, 2 big swimming pools,children pool, jaccuzi, 3 tennis courts, children maze yard and bi playgorund, putting green, game room, movie room, snookers room, library, gym, big function house 2nd floor at club house overlooking the pool, suana etc...all still in vey good condition, underground car park la...the space is big for morning and evening walk, near lakeside mrt (within 3 min walk just opposite separate by 4 lanes road so noise is minimised), near hawker centre and wet market la, shops, near schools(like rulang Pri and near completion canadian school etc)...one station away(1min train journey) you got jurong point...2min in train journey you reach Jurong east station with alot amenities nearby...

fantastic location selling so much lower compare to LF(just opposite) with not big area asPV.. although it older than LF but area is big for space lover and those not willing to pay high price for a good JLD location...it a good choice..:D

kingkong1984
28-01-11, 09:05
Sure a p v owner. Must have religious tolerance in Singapore.

kingkong1984
28-01-11, 09:32
White site beside laterun right? Most likely to be made available for sale after school is up.

peterng8
22-02-11, 13:07
UPDATE:
price up again to S$750psf at Feb 11 transacted for 3 rooms.. after two buay zai sales at S$680 psf in Jan 2011 due to policy...asking price now close to S$800psf from sellers..

compared to lakeshore asking price at S$900 psf to S$1000psf which is newer and smaller...:2cents:

Heard that price will be going up after erection May 2011?? esp area with further development?
interest rate low and good economy in Singapore? with restriction at china and HK, will buyers flock here? will QE money comes in and spite price further in near terms? Buyers and sellers, to sell, to hold,your choice and view pls? :)

rattydrama
22-02-11, 19:59
Hold as target price not meet.

westman
22-02-11, 20:43
Hold as target price not meet.

Till what psf?

peterng8
23-02-11, 12:01
Till what psf?

S$800 to S$850 psf going to hit by this year after erection...my prediction...

Regulators
23-02-11, 12:44
no need to predict, it will surely happen after you get your mega erection .... All the way Rod...

patricia
23-02-11, 12:52
UPDATE:
price up again to S$750psf at Feb 11 transacted for 3 rooms.. after two buay zai sales at S$680 psf in Jan 2011 due to policy...asking price now close to S$800psf from sellers..

compared to lakeshore asking price at S$900 psf to S$1000psf which is newer and smaller...:2cents:

Heard that price will be going up after erection May 2011?? esp area with further development?
interest rate low and good economy in Singapore? with restriction at china and HK, will buyers flock here? will QE money comes in and spite price further in near terms? Buyers and sellers, to sell, to hold,your choice and view pls? :)Peter! After having sung the Lakefront residence and then quietly sold your unit there, now you want to sing different song. U r want to let go somthing:confused:

westman
23-02-11, 15:47

Peter, you mean election or erection?
If you mean Election, that just a few months away wor, you very bull leh...;)
If you mean Erection, dun't need 800~850, 50~150 can liao. Alternatively, gelyang OKT can be a good help for you.:D :D :D :D

peterng8
24-02-11, 10:31
u know what I mean can liao...u know alot of different parties read here, incl journalist i suspect...:D

sfwoo
24-02-11, 10:35
Till what psf?

Lease for PV started 1995.

Hold long, long may not be a good idea here.

westman
24-02-11, 10:36

Strategy for PV's position? :)

sfwoo
24-02-11, 10:44
Strategy for PV's position? :)

For sellers, depends on what was your buy price. Generally, shud be "hit and run" aka "take profit" after certain % gains...

But potential buyers...very hard to say, cos people buy for different reasons.

peterng8
24-02-11, 11:37

TOP 2000 leh..well maintained, big and good the surroundings..know alot of WHITE indians(northern) like there...and ang mo too...:)

but not many want to sell now..:)

anyway, alot of top2000 ones also land lease around there...:)

peterng8
24-02-11, 11:39
Peter, you mean election or erection?
If you mean Election, that just a few months away wor, you very bull leh...;)
If you mean Erection, dun't need 800~850, 50~150 can liao. Alternatively, gelyang OKT can be a good help for you.:D :D :D :D

after erection...price sure jumps one...not only property, bus fares..electricity ...food...how can all price up but not housing?:D

u think garmen can hold the price meh esp now with good economy unless another major scandal...:scared-5:

look at COE...another indicator of economy performance...:scared-5:

Regulators
24-02-11, 12:05
Also must see who gets the erection mah, if mbt gets the mega erection, property I think more property cooling measures
after erection...price sure jumps one...not only property, bus fares..electricity ...food...how can all price up but not housing?:D

u think garmen can hold the price meh esp now with good economy unless another major scandal...:scared-5:

look at COE...another indicator of economy performance...:scared-5:

peterng8
24-02-11, 12:34
Also must see who gets the erection mah, if mbt gets the mega erection, property I think more property cooling measures

well i think cooling measures are there is with a bigger picture is to tweak the property market(but not to crash it) and looking at the other perspective...it help to bolster tickets in to the desired box...once the result is finalised...would there be more enthusiasm to introduce more measures...we shall see...:D

Regulators
25-02-11, 15:21
NSP contesting in jurong grc, I think they stand a slim chance, but who knows? If opposition wins in jurong, I think jld will take forever to complete liao
well i think cooling measures are there is with a bigger picture is to tweak the property market(but not to crash it) and looking at the other perspective...it help to bolster tickets in to the desired box...once the result is finalised...would there be more enthusiasm to introduce more measures...we shall see...:D

rattydrama
25-02-11, 16:43
NSP contesting in jurong grc, I think they stand a slim chance, but who knows? If opposition wins in jurong, I think jld will take forever to complete liao
only remote possibility.

peterng8
25-02-11, 17:08

u already spelled out the the answer...:D so will opposite camp win in this case ? people will be scare scare like potong pasis like that upgrading wait long long :D

tang ku de wu(wait long long will have):D

sfwoo
25-02-11, 18:54
u already spelled out the the answer...:D so will opposite camp win in this case ? people will be scare scare like potong pasis like that upgrading wait long long :D

tang ku de wu(wait long long will have):D

The last time got contest in Jurong, incumbents win by big margin.

Plans for JLD probably will not be thwarted...

rattydrama
25-02-11, 19:02
The last time got contest in Jurong, incumbents win by big margin.

Plans for JLD probably will not be thwarted...

Nobody with vested interest in Jurong will want opposition to win. Already sunk in so much $....wor

opposition should not waste time in Jurong.

westman
25-02-11, 21:10
At least got chance to vote mah...
Smell the vote also song leh...:D :D :D

Regulators
25-02-11, 21:13
The way to bring crazy home prices in jurong down is to vote for the opposition and let them win. In fact since a lot of people unhappy with rising home prices, vote for opposition everywhere, price will surely come down :D
Nobody with vested interest in Jurong will want opposition to win. Already sunk in so much $....wor

opposition should not waste time in Jurong.

rattydrama
25-02-11, 21:45
haha say say only and for those who miss the boat. Those with vested interest may not want to risk it.

The way to bring crazy home prices in jurong down is to vote for the opposition and let them win. In fact since a lot of people unhappy with rising home prices, vote for opposition everywhere, price will surely come down :D

peterng8
26-02-11, 08:11
if opposiion win Jurong, JLD become DLJ(DeLay Jurong):D

westman
26-02-11, 08:32
if opposiion win Jurong, JLD become DLJ(DeLay Jurong):D

DLJ - Die liao, Jialat.

peterng8
01-03-11, 09:42

not only housing, heard other issues such as rising cost of living (GST sure come into pic), foreigner bringing down income level across the board(developed country but not first world pay) and other related issues also will give the opposite camp alot of ammo to fire...garmen knows that, can tell from all recent policies...:2cents: it is going to be interesting in this erection on the rally...:)

devilplate
01-03-11, 09:56
not only housing, heard other issues such as rising cost of living (GST sure come into pic), foreigner bringing down income level across the board(developed country but not first world pay) and other related issues also will give the opposite camp alot of ammo to fire...garmen knows that, can tell from all recent policies...:2cents: it is going to be interesting in this erection on the rally...:)

u so like erection hor

peterng8
01-03-11, 11:56
u so like erection hor

what to do? it comes naturally, can you?:D

Regulators
01-03-11, 12:12
I can't wait for erection day :D :D :D

peterng8
01-03-11, 14:58
I can't wait for erection day :D :D :D

yeah me too....:D

peterng8
04-03-11, 09:41
MND signs lease to relocate to Jurong

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpQ51FcA.jpg Photos 1 of 1 " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image>http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif
Aerial view of Jurong Gateway (artist impression) (courtesy of HDB and URA)

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of National Development (MND) announced on Thursday that it has signed the Heads of Terms Agreement to take up a 30-year lease for 29,300 square metres of office space in the Lend Lease's white site development at the Jurong Gateway.

This marks the first time a government agency is committing to a long-term lease with a private developer in its development project.

MND announced last year that, together with its statutory boards the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) and the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), it will relocate to Jurong Gateway by 2015.

This will free up prime office space in the Central Business District for higher-value uses, reduce occupancy costs for the government, as well as catalyze the new growth area at Jurong Gateway.

The first white site at Jurong Gateway, next to Jurong East MRT station, was awarded to Lend Lease in June 2010.

Scheduled for completion in 2014, the mixed development comprises of office and retail space.

-CNA/ac

peterng8
05-03-11, 15:34
Mar 4, 2011

PARLIAMENT
Ng Teng Fong Hospital coming up in Jurong

By Jaime Ee

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20110304/juronghosp-04.jpg An artist's impression of the Jurong General Hospital that will be renamed the Ng Teng Fong Hospital. -- PHOTO: JURONG HEALTH

JURONG General Hospital will be renamed the Ng Teng Fong Hospital after the family of the late property tycoon donated $125 million to the hospital slated to open in 2014.
Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan announced the name change in Parliament on Friday and called the donation a 'big boost to our effort to provide high quality healthcare for Singaporeans living in the west'.
The hospital is fully funded by the Government but private donations provide additional assistance to needy patients, besides funding other worthy services, he said.
The 700-bed hospital is the first regional hospital in Singapore to be integrated with a community hospital - the 286-bed Jurong Community Hospital - right from the start.
Mr Foo Hee Jug, chief executive of JurongHealth, which runs the two hospitals, said the donation will be used to set up the JurongHealth Fund to support needy patients, staff training, facility enhancements and research.
In a statement on Friday, Mr Philip Ng, son of the late tycoon, said the gift served to give back to the Singapore community as well as leave a lasting memory of his father.

pmet
22-03-11, 00:43
The track facing units used to be ok. There used to be unblocked view all the way to marina bay and you could see fireworks on New Year, National Day and Mid-Autumn (from chinese garden). The unblocked view also means that the track facing units were constantly breezy (esp. during monsoon seasons you could hear windows slamming by themselves). However, this perk is taken away with the upcoming of Caspian and LF and future development. So there's nothing for the track facing units except for the constant "kling klong kling klong" as mentioned above :doh:

The sound of the MRT is so loud you can hear it if you put your ears on the pillow, and you can feel the vibrations on your bed. No windows will help since the entire ground vibrates! :doh: :doh: :doh:

peterng8
22-03-11, 15:02
:D
The track facing units used to be ok. There used to be unblocked view all the way to marina bay and you could see fireworks on New Year, National Day and Mid-Autumn (from chinese garden). The unblocked view also means that the track facing units were constantly breezy (esp. during monsoon seasons you could hear windows slamming by themselves). However, this perk is taken away with the upcoming of Caspian and LF and future development. So there's nothing for the track facing units except for the constant "kling klong kling klong" as mentioned above :doh:

The sound of the MRT is so loud you can hear it if you put your ears on the pillow, and you can feel the vibrations on your bed. No windows will help since the entire ground vibrates! :doh: :doh: :doh:

than dont buy the unit facing the track lo...:D or buy devpt far away from MRT lo, willing buyer willing seller what..u dont know meh...:D

interested in buying devlpt in JLD, u miss the boat or u sold too early :D

allenl
22-03-11, 17:06

As I said before, buy a plot of land at Lim Chu Kang, cheap...have neighbours that dun make noise...if they make noise, likely you see ghost...and when you pass on, can still stay at same plot..only now your room is at the basement...haha....

peterng8
29-07-11, 11:31
With more and more development taking shape in Jurong such as Jem, NTF hospital, ministries moving to Jurong etc...how the price at this area is reacting ? Has anyone miss the boat or still waiting the price to go up further...

Heng
15-08-11, 17:04
data extracted FROM URA Website :

PARC VISTA
CORPORATION ROAD
Condominium
$900,000
1,055 sq ft
Strata
853 psf
Jul-11

peterng8