PDA

View Full Version : Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

Pages : 1 [2]

mygeemeel
13-06-11, 02:01
1 agent told me no sub sale for this project.
if want to buy, developer only left with 6 units.
Funds not interested to sell at the moment even at 1700psft..

Floridian next door asking 1900psft in the papers!

something is just not right here....

Wrong info. Sub sale is e everywhere. Fund is selling some units already. Speak to any agents who are sole representatives.

Floridian sells future pricing and also strategises with list price minus % discount. One can buy Maplewoods at a much lower price.

ymgsterling
24-06-11, 00:20
Owning by fund is good or bad?
Sorry for my ignorance. Can someone enlighten me on the above?
Thanks in advance!

devilplate
24-06-11, 00:44
Sorry for my ignorance. Can someone enlighten me on the above?
Thanks in advance!
Few instances shows tat it is bad...fund may firesale when market soften.

kingkong1984
24-06-11, 01:24
Few instances shows tat it is bad...fund may firesale when market soften.

the fund is not my money so I just have fun!

u give me a authority to screw u..

fun houses can suffer loses right?

mygeemeel
12-07-11, 01:12
Anyone here bought unit/s at Cascadia? How about giving your opinion of this development?

Just remembered I drove by Bukit Timah. Noticed that a portion of the road near to Maplewoods was made higher. Could be for flood prevention but why only a small portion and not the entire stretch?

I thought water flows down? I wonder if Cascadia, Tessarina, Maplewoods, Nexus will get flooded in their car parks.

Condo Kaiser
12-07-11, 10:03
i think due to all the flooding issues... rental at cascadia is quite weak..

my friend's 3 bedder reduced price 2 times already still no takers...

ymgsterling
12-07-11, 11:21
i think due to all the flooding issues... rental at cascadia is quite weak..

my friend's 3 bedder reduced price 2 times already still no takers...

What is the rate ur friend is asking?

kane
12-07-11, 11:25
What is the rate ur friend is asking?

Yes, was about to ask the same. At $5k should have takers no? But if they're $6k that would be a stretch.

devilplate
12-07-11, 11:54
Yes, was about to ask the same. At $5k should have takers no? But if they're $6k that would be a stretch.
Some owners not really serious in renting out may try to get high rental while trying to sell at the same time...

For eg clift, noe got one owner asking 4.5k rental for his 1bdr...den offer came in at 4k, he rejected....until now still vacant

I can understand their mentality, it will be hard to sell wif tenancy at a gd price later on if the rental is not fantastic....so they rather leave it vacant

mygeemeel
12-07-11, 16:10
I can understand their mentality, it will be hard to sell wif tenancy at a gd price later on if the rental is not fantastic....so they rather leave it vacant

I noticed this when i was house hunting in the past weeks. The rental price and duration matters alot when i was deciding whether to buy. Even if it was rented out, i cannot pay for the tenant to move out because of certain agreement. I guess owners will have a tougher time selling their unit.

I have one question though. For a property of more than $1.5m, with current loan interest rate and rental at $4,500 and monthly maintenance, i would say rental yield is ultra low. If interest rates hit 2.5% (assuming), then $4,500 rental is not enough to cover mortgage. Am i correct?

kane
12-07-11, 16:25
Some owners not really serious in renting out may try to get high rental while trying to sell at the same time...

For eg clift, noe got one owner asking 4.5k rental for his 1bdr...den offer came in at 4k, he rejected....until now still vacant

1 bedder Clift at $4k is a great offer. Owner's not keen to rent if they rejected that offer.

devilplate
12-07-11, 16:34
I noticed this when i was house hunting in the past weeks. The rental price and duration matters alot when i was deciding whether to buy. Even if it was rented out, i cannot pay for the tenant to move out because of certain agreement. I guess owners will have a tougher time selling their unit.

I have one question though. For a property of more than $1.5m, with current loan interest rate and rental at $4,500 and monthly maintenance, i would say rental yield is ultra low. If interest rates hit 2.5% (assuming), then $4,500 rental is not enough to cover mortgage. Am i correct?
If ur nett rental yield is higher den int rate...den i will consider it as a positive yield. :D

Cant judge by looking at whether the rental income can cover installment anot becoz amount of loan a person took varies

devilplate
12-07-11, 16:36
1 bedder Clift at $4k is a great offer. Owner's not keen to rent if they rejected that offer.
Yes, tat owner 1st priority is to sell....:D

mygeemeel
08-08-11, 03:34
If economy isnt getting better so I say the Fund will off load some units at firesale prices to cash out?

I noticed that it is always the same agents marketing this development. Is this for having better control of selling price / to create a false sense of price stability?

hyenergix
08-08-11, 05:43
If economy isnt getting better so I say the Fund will off load some units at firesale prices to cash out?

I noticed that it is always the same agents marketing this development. Is this for having better control of selling price / to create a false sense of price stability?

The more the instability, the more the fund will not release the units. They should have already made quite a tidy sum selling some units. If I were the fund manager, I would rather park my fund there to enjoy strong SGD and stability. There is no more full-facilities condo launch in bukit timah in recent months, so this one is quite safe to hold. Being FH and in bukit timah, there is no worry about selling later for a higher return.

ymgsterling
11-09-11, 21:41
Last transacted price in excess of $1,800 psf. Comparable to Floridan.
Good for the surrounding older development.

dtrax
11-09-11, 22:19
This one TOP quite some time right? Quite amazing, the one facing the road, 1 whole block EMPTY or probably a few units occupied when i drove pass today. This development was own by some fund hse ?

mygeemeel
11-09-11, 22:31
This one TOP quite some time right? Quite amazing, the one facing the road, 1 whole block EMPTY or probably a few units occupied when i drove pass today. This development was own by some fund hse ?

Mate, fund owns more than 100 units and the agents are just only the handful. So maybe it is right that prices there have strong resistance against falls.

stalingrad
12-09-11, 09:48

It is a shitty project, however you look at it.

ymgsterling
12-09-11, 14:44
It is a shitty project, however you look at it.

For appreciation, why is it "shitty"?

mygeemeel
12-09-11, 20:08

Probably bcos units too close to the pools and too crowded with 500+ units in a small plot and also controlled by the handful of agents?

stalingrad
12-09-11, 20:24

there is no up side, only a lot of downside risk.

CCR
13-09-11, 13:03
there is no up side, only a lot of downside risk.

which project have the strongest upside in your view?

devilplate
13-09-11, 13:14
which project have the strongest upside in your view?

carabelle:p

stalingrad
13-09-11, 13:18
carabelle:p

Don't mock me. I am not promoting anything. I just expressed my honest opinions about ATT in Punggol at $870psf and people calling it cheap.

devilplate
13-09-11, 15:11
Don't mock me. I am not promoting anything. I just expressed my honest opinions about ATT in Punggol at $870psf and people calling it cheap.
No hard feelings:)

It isnt cheap but its current market value

stalingrad
13-09-11, 15:18
No hard feelings:)

It isnt cheap but its current market value

yes, at best it can be described as fairly priced. Not cheap by any stretch of imagination. certainly not worth queuing for or balloting for. That is just crazy.

amk
13-09-11, 16:06
hey without ppl buying ATT at 880, how to get ppl buy ur carabelle at 1000 ? ;)

stalingrad
13-09-11, 17:16
hey without ppl buying ATT at 880, how to get ppl buy ur carabelle at 1000 ? ;)

if I don't get people to pay $1000psf for my crapybelle, how can you get people to buy $2000 for your rivergate?:spliff:

CCR
13-09-11, 22:28
This is something I really don't understand.... Why would people pay close to 1000 psf lh land at punggol and not fh land at pandan valley? I guess it's the quantum again...

cl0ver
13-09-11, 23:38
This is something I really don't understand.... Why would people pay close to 1000 psf lh land at punggol and not fh land at pandan valley? I guess it's the quantum again...

of coz it is quantum. if you are talking about 2-3mil in pandan valley, there are better choices around like 1 Shelford with 2 MRT stations in up market Bukit Timah right?

can also say why Trizon is not sold out? surely because the quantum is very high!!
Ppl all thinking the PRC has loads of cash and will pick up all these, but they are not bitting. They are all buying EU Habitat SOHO units in lower quantum....
Chinese are smart ppl.......

solsys
14-09-11, 04:35
of coz it is quantum. if you are talking about 2-3mil in pandan valley, there are better choices around like 1 Shelford with 2 MRT stations in up market Bukit Timah right?

can also say why Trizon is not sold out? surely because the quantum is very high!!
Ppl all thinking the PRC has loads of cash and will pick up all these, but they are not bitting. They are all buying EU Habitat SOHO units in lower quantum....

Go where the masses are, more demand from those sandwiched between HDB and luxury.

dmonddd
02-10-11, 18:02
was thnking of investing in this project
and passed b this afternoon...see vacant units in blocks facing bukit timah rd. any reason?

floridian has > 300 units
cascadia >500 units

jardine> 100 units less

not to mention the older projects
debating with wifey on buy or no buy
her views wait till mid 2012 with onstream supply of so many more choices..she wants new TOP projects
i prefer older projects....ladies normally have the right feel
thats why wifey asks me to sell
old projects like ladies (no offence) difficult to rent, maintenance higher, management committee must be solid, no interest if located to new project as rental yield will be not to wide ...ppl will prefer newly TOP projects sigh :(

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 18:17
Earlier posting shows flooding here. No wonder someone said flooding in D21. Only this one.
was thnking of investing in this project
and passed b this afternoon...see vacant units in blocks facing bukit timah rd. any reason?

floridian has > 300 units
cascadia >500 units

jardine> 100 units less

not to mention the older projects
debating with wifey on buy or no buy
her views wait till mid 2012 with onstream supply of so many more choices..she wants new TOP projects
i prefer older projects....ladies normally have the right feel
thats why wifey asks me to sell
old projects like ladies (no offence) difficult to rent, maintenance higher, management committee must be solid, no interest if located to new project as rental yield will be not to wide ...ppl will prefer newly TOP projects sigh :(

phantom_opera
02-10-11, 19:50

Indonesians always buy FH while Chinese seem to prefer LH with higher yield. Indonesians buy big units while Chinese buys 1br. I guess Indonesians treat Singapore as backup home near Mt E Hospital while Chinese just treat it as pure investment?

devilplate
02-10-11, 22:25
Indonesians always buy FH while Chinese seem to prefer LH with higher yield. Indonesians buy big units while Chinese buys 1br. I guess Indonesians treat Singapore as backup home near Mt E Hospital while Chinese just treat it as pure investment?
Where u get the info tat china chinese prefer 1bdr? I only know they dun mind 99lh.

DC33_2008
03-10-11, 08:19
Chinese are more pragmatic. They go into anything that can make $. Big or Small. Long or short. Legal or ...

stalingrad
03-10-11, 10:59
Many units at Cascadia remain unsold?

Not surprising. Agent kept telling me "hurry hurry before it is sold out." I was thinking, who in their right minds would buy into this project at these prices?

yjcai
03-10-11, 23:57
Many units at Cascadia remain unsold?

Not surprising. Agent kept telling me "hurry hurry before it is sold out." I was thinking, who in their right minds would buy into this project at these prices?

cuz 3rd world lo

Wild Falcon
04-10-11, 11:15
PRCs are getting savvy. Many are already investing beyond so-called "prime" areas because they could see higher yields and longer runway for growth - they have foresight. Read today's Straits Times, prime district rents are already falling - considering the yields are the lowest in the prime districts - it's worrisome that rentals are falling further.

Chinese are more pragmatic. They go into anything that can make $. Big or Small. Long or short. Legal or ...

mygeemeel
11-10-11, 21:03
Heavy storms these few days, any flooding here/bukit timah?

I wonder if the improved drainage helped.

CCR
12-10-11, 11:56
PRCs are getting savvy. Many are already investing beyond so-called "prime" areas because they could see higher yields and longer runway for growth - they have foresight. Read today's Straits Times, prime district rents are already falling - considering the yields are the lowest in the prime districts - it's worrisome that rentals are falling further.

So looks like Prime is DEAD...
When will surburbs rise till its only 20% cheaper than Prime?
Or maybe on par?

ymgsterling
12-10-11, 12:36
So looks like Prime is DEAD...
When will surburbs rise till its only 20% cheaper than Prime?
Or maybe on par?

I doubt so. Prime still comes with the prestige, convenience etc.:2cents:

kane
12-10-11, 12:41
I doubt so. Prime still comes with the prestige, convenience etc.:2cents:

That's what the 20% difference is for. For the prestige an convenience on this tiny island.

mygeemeel
12-10-11, 16:41
Drove along bukit timah a couple of times. Noticed that some parts of the road has been raised and longkang widen. Looks like there is high chance flooding will be a matter of the past.

I am still hoping for floods to happen so as to buy cheaper property there. :D

hl124273
30-10-11, 22:39
Mate, fund owns more than 100 units and the agents are just only the handful. So maybe it is right that prices there have strong resistance against falls.

2 of my friends bought cascadia half a year ago. One of them located the fund manager and managed to get the fund manager to sell her the 3rd floor unit of the "premium" stack that the fund manager was managing .. at 14xx psf.
The other friend bought a 3 bedder at $13xx, second floor facing floridian pool.I was told the price has since moved up.

hl124273
09-11-11, 17:10
My friend just told me agent said they are gonna raise the price for cascadia penthouses by 2% for new release very soon .. I noticed cascadia psf price varies alot for 3 bedders

vince.toh70
22-03-12, 10:31
Understand that the fund manager is selling their units this weekend.
Anyone has any information?

Cool
22-03-12, 11:25
Received SMS, selling 16xxpsf

mygeemeel
22-03-12, 13:47

What size? It would be nice to see how they sell.

vince.toh70
22-03-12, 15:07
The fund manager also take blank cheque to show interest and get priority viewing.
:doh:

bargain hunter
22-03-12, 15:33
"Private equity property group MGPA is understood to have sold its stake in the 162 apartments it bought at The Cascadia in 2007 to a fund managed by Keppel Land's Alpha Investment Partners.

BT understands the latest sale priced the freehold apartments on Bukit Timah Road at about $1,280- 1,300 per square foot on average. This is about 10-12 per cent below the $1,450 psf average price or $280.36 million that MGPA paid for the units more than three years ago."

16xxpsf is healthy profits for them.

mygeemeel
22-03-12, 17:28
"Private equity property group MGPA is understood to have sold its stake in the 162 apartments it bought at The Cascadia in 2007 to a fund managed by Keppel Land's Alpha Investment Partners.

BT understands the latest sale priced the freehold apartments on Bukit Timah Road at about $1,280- 1,300 per square foot on average. This is about 10-12 per cent below the $1,450 psf average price or $280.36 million that MGPA paid for the units more than three years ago."

16xxpsf is healthy profits for them.

They should sell higher than S$1,6xx psf. :D

kane
22-03-12, 22:59
so how much is keppel land looking to resell those units?

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 00:13
kane, earlier Cool posted:

vince.toh70
27-03-12, 10:38
anyone knows how was the take up rate?

bargain hunter
28-03-12, 20:59
The biggest absolute-dollar quantum subsale loss last year was about $1.3 million for a unit at The Cascadia in Bukit Timah. It was bought in Q4 2007 for about $7.3 million and sold in May last year for $6 million.

mygeemeel
08-04-12, 12:30
Anyone know if the fund people sold / selling their 100+ units at higher price or fire sale?

bargain hunter
08-04-12, 18:15
they are selling at 1600 rite? not sure how many pple bought though?

Anyone know if the fund people sold / selling their 100+ units at higher price or fire sale?

East Lover
21-07-12, 20:09
Today I kepo to see several units there. 1216 sqft 3+1 asking 2.225. High floor facing bukit timah hill. But see very urgly roof of Nissan motor!

ekl2ekl2
25-08-12, 21:45
Just read 90% sold. If true, this project has finally done well with decent profits for thos who bought in 2010/2011.

bargain hunter
25-08-12, 23:02
the advertisement for the 90% sold is by the fund who bought from allgreen and currently selling FROM 1600psf. it is not developer sales.

Just read 90% sold. If true, this project has finally done well with decent profits for thos who bought in 2010/2011.

luzman
19-09-12, 15:27
I believe the 90% includes the units bought by the fund manager which they are now trying very very hard to dispose...priced too high has this problem..

Noexit
19-09-12, 16:46
Wow can see that in 2007 ppls posted the launch sales was from $1200-1300/psf on avarage till then till now in 2012 almost 5 years and the price climb too slow to $1600/psf on avarage jus $300/psf increase over 5 years? Was it bcos the launch price was way too high? :jaw-dropping:

ekl2ekl2
19-09-12, 19:11
Since this one is new, big and near future MRT and cheaper than Floridan. How come still not sold out yet?

Noexit
19-09-12, 20:48
I was feedback by a lot ppls that the block of how they are facing at each others is the reason that turn away buyers. Maybe you go down to actual site and take a look of how the block is layout with the balconies facing, u will know why. :banghead:

Since this one is new, big and near future MRT and cheaper than Floridan. How come still not sold out yet?

ekl2ekl2
19-09-12, 23:42
I was feedback by a lot ppls that the block of how they are facing at each others is the reason that turn away buyers. Maybe you go down to actual site and take a look of how the block is layout with the balconies facing, u will know why. :banghead:

Maybe flooding issue which is a problem for the whole stretch of condos?

Just seen the photos and also of Floridian.
Some blocks at Floridian look very close to each other also, but prices are much higher.

blackjack21trader
25-09-12, 18:58
2 of my friends bought cascadia half a year ago. One of them located the fund manager and managed to get the fund manager to sell her the 3rd floor unit of the "premium" stack that the fund manager was managing .. at 14xx psf.
The other friend bought a 3 bedder at $13xx, second floor facing floridian pool.I was told the price has since moved up.

good buy. the fund manager will regret next month.

luzman
26-09-12, 00:10
good buy. the fund manager will regret next month.
wah...are u trying to create a buzz or something? You come here to say next month will have a big thing and you go another district to say the same...I wonder if you are in the feng sui industry to be able to gaze the crystal ball...if not, it just trying to hype up...

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 12:33
finally ... a new record psf for Cascadia

2012-12-10 #XX-XX 581 1,892psf 2010-06-14 1,562 191,730 910 8

phantom_opera
05-03-13, 16:39
MM or 1br is the new king

$2,103 PSF IN JAN 2013 FOR A 570-SQFT UNIT

mygeemeel
05-03-13, 18:41

I think the marketing team and alpha fund are good. They can sell good prices. Moreover the MRT station is coming up... a plus point for agents to use when selling to new buyers.

Are you vested? :D

roly8
05-03-13, 19:09

for now lah..

who knows what will happen in near future?
:D