PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall Gardens (D10, Freehold, MCL Land)

ryan
06-03-07, 13:58
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4365/waterfalldx4.jpg

The 170,000 sqft Waterfall Gardens site is advantageously located along Farrer Road near the Holland Road junction, where the major Farrer/Queensway and Holland arterial roads intersect and lead to all other parts of Singapore. Eventual homeowners of the redeveloped property (an anticipated 132-unit condominium) can look forward to a multitude of conveniences: the proposed Farrer MRT Station will be within walking distance, while just a short bus-ride away, the dining and recreational delights of the ever-popular Holland Village await.

It is also a convenient drive down Napier Road to the natural attractions of the Singapore Botanic Gardens and just beyond it, the Orchard Road shopping and entertainment belt. In addition, esteemed education institutions like Nanyang Primary School, St Margaret's Secondary School and Singapore Chinese Girls' School are in the vicinity.

ryan
06-03-07, 13:58
Waterfall Gardens was successfully launched in Indonesia and HongKong selling above S$1500psf.

sean
06-03-07, 18:54
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2079/waterfallgdnsbl0.jpg

artist impression

ryan
07-03-07, 17:41
I think the design is a little clichéd, sorry to say. And what's with the glassy panel on the facade? Won't that reflect a lot of blinding sunlight onto the other side of Farrer Road, thus being inconsiderate to residents there?

mr funny
20-03-07, 13:35
Published March 20, 2007

Waterfall Gardens homes sold for about $1,450 psf

Most of the 100 units sold went to overseas buyers: MCL Land chief

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

MCL Land has sold 100 units at its freehold Waterfall Gardens condo at an average price of about $1,450 per square foot, mostly to overseas buyers, the property group's chief executive Koh Teck Chuan told BT yesterday.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1732/bt586951719032007c186frj0.jpg
Waterfall Gardens: Artist's impression of the 132-unit condo on Farrer Road. The project has 12 penthouses, of which eight have been sold.

The 77 per cent-owned subsidiary of Hongkong Land is developing the 132-unit condo at Farrer Road. The project will retain the name of the former condo that used to stand on the site.

JTResi, which MCL has appointed as marketing agent for the project, has been previewing the property in Hong Kong, Jakarta and Surabaya since late January.

'In Hong Kong, JTResi sold about 15 units to non-resident Indians. These include people with top international banks,' said Jerry Tan, managing director at JTResi.

Another 25 units were sold to British people and other Europeans based in Hong Kong. Indonesians picked up about 40 units and Singaporeans, 20.

Prices achieved for the 12-storey condo range from about $1,300-plus psf to $1,650 psf, Mr Koh said.

'Prior to our project, condo units in this location were changing hands in the secondary market for around $1,000 to $1,100 psf. So we've set a new benchmark for the area, at least in the current market,' Mr Koh said.

MCL Land's Waterfall Gardens project has 12 penthouses, of which eight have been sold. The most expensive unit, measuring 4,844 sq ft, was sold for $7.9 million. It will have a rooftop pool and entertainment area.

The remaining units in the development are three- and four-bedroom apartments.

Market watchers reckon that assuming the development has a total net saleable area of close to 300,000 sq ft, MCL stands to reap a pre-tax profit of about $160 million from developing the project.

The Singapore-listed developer bought the nearly 161,000 sq ft site in February last year for about $550 psf of potential gross floor area.

MCL's break-even cost for the project could be about $900 psf, industry observers reckon.

Asked about the group's other project launches this year, Mr Koh said MCL has sold 80 out of a total 129 units at Tierra Vue, a five-storey freehold condo at St Patrick's Road on the former Marine Parade Gardens site, at an average price of about $850 psf. MCL began previewing the development shortly before Chinese New Year.

The group's next project launch could be 163 cluster terrace houses on the former SingTel Academy site at the corner of Hillcrest and Dunearn roads.

The 99-year leasehold project is slated for launch in the second half of this year.

MCL Land also has a joint venture with Ho Bee to develop a condominium with about 180 to 200 units on the Holland Hill Mansions site which could be launched early next year.

The duo bagged the site late last year for about $750 psf per plot ratio.

Property_Owner
03-07-09, 12:36
Any news about this project? Pass by it yesterday

bargain hunter
03-07-09, 12:42
did it look almost completed?

Any news about this project? Pass by it yesterday

dragonred
04-07-09, 19:32
Lot of owners looking to sell

teddybear
04-07-09, 21:23
What price they want to sell? These buyers got paid a high price and now wanting to get out is it (before sentiment & hence price dive again)?

Lot of owners looking to sell

bargain hunter
04-07-09, 22:59
amusing. today's classifieds i saw some which are more "realistic" and asking for 1400psf and another ad asking for 2007 peak price of 1800psf. :doh:

What price they want to sell? These buyers got paid a high price and now wanting to get out is it (before sentiment & hence price dive again)?

eng00701
04-07-09, 23:15
amusing. today's classifieds i saw some which are more "realistic" and asking for 1400psf and another ad asking for 2007 peak price of 1800psf. :doh:

i really pity the agents who are doing the ads for those dreamer sellers. just dream out a price and leave the agents to absorb the cost of ads and conducting viewings.

teddybear
04-07-09, 23:18
For that location, a 'realistic' price to me (considering current economic situation) is only <=1000 psf. :D
People who buy higher than this is already factoring in the future 'SUNNY' days ahead (which may not come in next 1 year or more). :scared-1:

bargain hunter
04-07-09, 23:24
naturally i would agree with you on your price given the same belief that sunny days are still some time away. but given current market conditions, i think 1400psf is do-able...even "reasonable" for those in a rush to get a property.

just look at the sudden increase in developer ads in today's papers as well as the For Sale ads in the classifieds.

For that location, a 'realistic' price to me (considering current economic situation) is only <=1000 psf. :D
People who buy higher than this is already factoring in the future 'SUNNY' days ahead (which may not come in next 1 year or more). :scared-1:

bargain hunter
04-07-09, 23:27
a lot of dreamer sellers in today's classifieds. i look at it and decided i don't need to look at classifieds anymore. all the asking prices are being jacked up 20 to 50% at their pleasure. waste of time.

i really pity the agents who are doing the ads for those dreamer sellers. just dream out a price and leave the agents to absorb the cost of ads and conducting viewings.

Property_Owner
17-04-10, 21:34
a lot of dreamer sellers in today's classifieds. i look at it and decided i don't need to look at classifieds anymore. all the asking prices are being jacked up 20 to 50% at their pleasure. waste of time.

Still have dreamers around?

teddybear
18-04-10, 01:10
Are you referring to dreamer-buyers hoping to buy cheap cheap now? :p

amk
18-04-10, 10:41
why, u interested to buy ? ;) I was quoted $1800 late last year.
I like this project. Gd location. although I dun like the architect.