PDA

View Full Version : Any Novena condos with a shoe-string budget?

firefox
15-07-09, 14:19
Anyone knows if it is feasible to get a freehold condominium at Novena with a budget of $1m (+/-) ? Looking for a total area of approx 1000-1250sqft with 3 bedrooms? I like the Novena area, esp those condos near United Square and Velocity. Have been looking around many older condo's including Birmingham Mansions, Thompson Euro Asia, Apleton View...but all of them are asking for 1.2m and above. Would greatly appreciate for any views and recommendations. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if there;s any good recommendations or if any of u know someone is who looking to let off their place. Thanks a million first!

Lord Anus
15-07-09, 15:07
don't say novena, even balestier also hard to find liao.

carpel
15-07-09, 15:51
don't say novena, even balestier also hard to find liao.

Its a bit too late now.... wait for the next downturn

teddybear
15-07-09, 21:09
Unlikely. Even Balestier also difficult. Birmingham Mansion is an apartment with no facility right other than a swimming sandwiched between Thomson Euro and Strata (so very unappealing even if cheap).

Anyone knows if it is feasible to get a freehold condominium at Novena with a budget of $1m (+/-) ? Looking for a total area of approx 1000-1250sqft with 3 bedrooms? I like the Novena area, esp those condos near United Square and Velocity. Have been looking around many older condo's including Birmingham Mansions, Thompson Euro Asia, Apleton View...but all of them are asking for 1.2m and above. Would greatly appreciate for any views and recommendations. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if there;s any good recommendations or if any of u know someone is who looking to let off their place. Thanks a million first!

kawaiing
15-07-09, 23:17
its too late to find one near novena by now, feb 09 the best chance, now the nearest to novena and u dun mind not much facilities, u can try The Merlots at Keng Lee Road which just TOP not long, but thats Dist 8 and walk to Novena MRT about 15minutes.

dmonddd
16-07-09, 08:47
suggest you remove this forum and put up later when market is bearish? either no one will visit your forum or make fun of you.

wmwa
01-08-09, 23:10
Maybe not impossible. Did some surfing and found there's this new boutique apartment in Minbu road which is going to be launched. Think it's the empty plot opposite Pavilion 11. Project is called d'ilxoras. Supposedly 22 units, 13 storey, low quantum. 2 bedroom @ 840sqft and 3 bedroom- 980sqft.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/451981/for-sale-d-ilxoras

I personally tend to avoid small projects as I would imagine the maintenance would be a killer.

teddybear
01-08-09, 23:58
This is an apartment and I suppose no complete facilities. Obviously, even if cheaper than surrounding condo that is the reason. An apartment is only slightly better than HDB (but not much really since facility is usually just a small swimming pool anyway). Also, the location is not "Novena", but "Belestier".

Maybe not impossible. Did some surfing and found there's this new boutique apartment in Minbu road which is going to be launched. Think it's the empty plot opposite Pavilion 11. Project is called d'ilxoras. Supposedly 22 units, 13 storey, low quantum. 2 bedroom @ 840sqft and 3 bedroom- 980sqft.

I personally tend to avoid small projects as I would imagine the maintenance would be a killer.

Property_Owner
02-08-09, 01:59
Pardon me for been so harsh.

Sometimes I wonder when you had done your homework and knew it's not possible to get something you like @ your price, still pinning your hope so high. As you can see the responses here, go and adjust your expectations.
As chinese says: AI PI, AI CHEE, AI MAI TAO NEI NEI?

Buying a property is not getting lucky. 1.2m current market price you wanna buy @ 1m? 17% discount??? No money go get new launch then. Developers will give you up to 20% discount. Stop looking at resale.

Even when market WAS down fire sale also dun come easy. You think everyday can get MBR @ 1500psf?

My rsm said this,
If you are lazy, I can change you.
If you are stupid, nothing can be done.

gfoo
02-08-09, 02:50
you are so right. ever so often i get pm-ed questions on where is a good buy and how much psf. if people bothered to do homework, as even in early july one could get d1 freehold at just under 1.2k psf. but pple are lazy, and would much rather take the easy way at pretty showflats and brochures, and pay thru their nose for mediocre value. i miss those days when pretty agents will dress a little more ***ily, flirt and sa kah you to close the deal.

kawaiing
02-08-09, 05:39
Ya totally agree with u, the only different is the pool but u can expect a very small pool, real live example is the Medge and also the citrine, the pool is so narrow and u wont like to swim there, and i guess 22 unit they give 22 carparks only as the agent will tell u "sir/madam, this project is mainly sell to investor so not all unit owner will have a car so dun worry u MAY have extra lots". But my question is do u want to take the risk?

This is an apartment and I suppose no complete facilities. Obviously, even if cheaper than surrounding condo that is the reason. An apartment is only slightly better than HDB (but not much really since facility is usually just a small swimming pool anyway). Also, the location is not "Novena", but "Belestier".

wqmai
02-08-09, 09:55

So far from what I noticed, maintenance for small apartments and big condo are abt the same price, not much different. Instead location play a part. I find that those apartments or condo at central area or near central area, the maintenance is really a killer. Maybe those who bought these units can advise.

EBD
02-08-09, 17:47
I know what you mean. Takes effort but can find real value if you put in the research.

I almost feel sorry for those piling into developer showflats. Look like happy cattle that have been told green pasture is at the other end of the corridor when in fact it is a slaughter house.

you are so right. ever so often i get pm-ed questions on where is a good buy and how much psf. if people bothered to do homework, as even in early july one could get d1 freehold at just under 1.2k psf. but pple are lazy, and would much rather take the easy way at pretty showflats and brochures, and pay thru their nose for mediocre value. i miss those days when pretty agents will dress a little more ***ily, flirt and sa kah you to close the deal.

richie$$$
02-08-09, 20:25
there r always losers n winners.
same i see in all investments assets, esp stocks. thgt stock tip n property tip r d same.

shld close dis forum...who's d f*^%^#@