PDA

View Full Version : Parc Imperial

Pages : [1] 2 3

PropertiesHunter
26-06-09, 23:36
Condo near Haw Par MRT 3mins walk. A lot of studio. Any one know which floor and unit can sea Sentosa side. How is the price.

Allthepies
26-06-09, 23:53
Condo near Haw Par MRT 3mins walk. A lot of studio. Any one know which floor and unit can sea Sentosa side. How is the price.

the price is incredible :) 1000psf and up

proud owner
27-06-09, 00:56
the price is incredible :) 1000psf and up

where exactly is it ?

on PP hill next to grandhill ?

PropertiesHunter
27-06-09, 11:54
where exactly is it ?

on PP hill next to grandhill ?

Opp Far East bare Land. Very near to MRT and highway.FreeHold Studio between 1230psf to 1290psf. Now 40 over units sold out of 138 units before VVIP launch next week. Agency L2 group developer Frangrance Group.
Showflat up liao but all sale now done at close door.

Some buyer linker around there in the evening to see and sign. Haha.

Property Market look like 2nd gear coming up.

cheerful
27-06-09, 19:37
Hi ... which piece of bare land? Do u mean the one at pp supposed to be called horizon residence ... got showflat there but like work-in-progress, coz can't see through the glass (pastered with paper to cover up it seems).

Opp Far East bare Land. Very near to MRT and highway.FreeHold Studio between 1230psf to 1290psf. Now 40 over units sold out of 138 units before VVIP launch next week. Agency L2 group developer Frangrance Group.
Showflat up liao but all sale now done at close door.

Allthepies
27-06-09, 23:37
Hi ... which piece of bare land? Do u mean the one at pp supposed to be called horizon residence ... got showflat there but like work-in-progress, coz can't see through the glass (pastered with paper to cover up it seems).

see location map.... ParcImperial.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=771&stc=1&d=1246117004)

cheerful
28-06-09, 10:30
thanks (indeed opp horizon) ... looks like it's that showflat.

PropertiesHunter
28-06-09, 14:47
Quiet Quiet already Sold 40 /138 units as ontoday. Sub sale 38sqft now at 558K. Showflat havent even start.
Singaporean ready to stand up for Singapore KS culture.

tngl
28-06-09, 16:39
I saw the crowd outside the project a while ago. It's too pricy calling at > $1000. If for own stay, will definitely regret, the highway is nosiy and also dirty. Especially at night and early morning, u can hear those heavy vehicles passing by.

proud owner
28-06-09, 23:22
I saw the crowd outside the project a while ago. It's too pricy calling at > $1000. If for own stay, will definitely regret, the highway is nosiy and also dirty. Especially at night and early morning, u can hear those heavy vehicles passing by.

totally agree ...

if for some reason PP area goes above 1000 psf ...the Peak @ Balmeg will be a better choice .. just as near to MRT , has its own hill , unlike PP hill share with so many condos and landed , and probably has better view than Parc ...

i really cannot understand also ...

seems to me of late, so long as it is near MRT...people grab .. look at AS and Metro at dist 3 , and Alexis .. crazy

yes beginning of the year i have been telling people to buy near MRT .. but not like this manner lah ..

cheerful
29-06-09, 08:53
seems to me of late, so long as it is near MRT...people grab .. look at AS and Metro at dist 3 , and Alexis .. crazy

yes beginning of the year i have been telling people to buy near MRT .. but not like this manner lah ..

Well, at least Alexis is FH & around 1k psf ... the other two LH ones aiyoh really dun understand leh ... maybe they use Alexis as benchmark, but even then, not as if they much much nearer to MRT as compared to Alexis rite ....

Looks like PP now becoming like that oso ... fwahh ..

proud owner
29-06-09, 10:22
Well, at least Alexis is FH & around 1k psf ... the other two LH ones aiyoh really dun understand leh ... maybe they use Alexis as benchmark, but even then, not as if they much much nearer to MRT as compared to Alexis rite ....

Looks like PP now becoming like that oso ... fwahh ..

i always feel PP area has greater potential ... fact that alexandra business park .. the circle line ... all point to future development there ...

tngl
29-06-09, 10:43
Is a nice place if the Port is moved further West. The noise, traffic and air is not so good for family. Not to mention cannot find any good schools around. So long term for those with family not very appealing.

But for investment, the fact that it has the circle lines, nearby the science park and business park etc ya certain potential. Having said that, in future it seems like everywhere is linked by the circle line also.

cheerful
29-06-09, 12:24
i always feel PP area has greater potential ... fact that alexandra business park .. the circle line ... all point to future development there ...

Well if Mr Li Kashing comes to the west side, surely got potential. As for MRT, is the circle line perceived better than other lines? Alexis is on the E-W line, so juz wondering ... maybe some pp think E-W line at Redhill is betta so wont mind tt kinda pricing for Metro, etc.

Agree Balmeg should be betta since it's perched on a small hill ..

Allthepies
29-06-09, 12:39
Well if Mr Li Kashing comes to the west side, surely got potential. As for MRT, is the circle line perceived better than other lines? Alexis is on the E-W line, so juz wondering ... maybe some pp think E-W line at Redhill is betta so wont mind tt kinda pricing for Metro, etc.

Agree Balmeg should be betta since it's perched on a small hill ..

IMHO, the 2 main-line E-W and N-S line is definitely better than Circle line

cheerful
29-06-09, 14:09
IMHO, the 2 main-line E-W and N-S line is definitely better than Circle line

Why har?? Izit becoz N-W goes to town (for office workers) while E-W goes to Jurong (for factories, shipyards, etc.) huh?

Thot the circle line will pass by some of these important centrals e.g. bishan to change to N-S line, etc. etc. Hmmm ...

PropertiesHunter
29-06-09, 21:49
The project is target on lack of Studio appartment in this area 500m within MRT. The Studio in Maylea, Crystal height and West N are less than 50 units combined.

Severing single expat from IR & NUH research centre.

Desperado1967
30-06-09, 22:48
I booked a unit for investment, looking to rent out when it's completed, hope can have good rental yield. Ground floor unit with P.E.S. facing pool to avoid facing the highway.

It's really convenient to be located just two minutes from the MRT station, four stations away south of Holland MRT and four stations away north of Harbour front! These alone already very attractive!

proud owner
30-06-09, 22:58
I booked a unit for investment, looking to rent out when it's completed, hope can have good rental yield. Ground floor unit with P.E.S. facing pool to avoid facing the highway.

It's really convenient to be located just two minutes from the MRT station, four stations away south of Holland MRT and four stations away north of Harbour front! These alone already very attractive!

how much does a studio cost ?
how much do you think you can rent it out ?

they are so many studios in RV area ,,, and rental's like 2000-2500 a mth ..

whats your mortgage like ?
whats the maintenace per mth ?

Alan Tam
30-06-09, 23:48

Very good questions asked !!!!

I think most of the people didn't do their calculation before they buy.

For studio unit, maybe only capital gain in the future, not so much on rental return.

Autonomy
01-07-09, 09:24
Very good questions asked !!!!

I think most of the people didn't do their calculation before they buy.

For studio unit, maybe only capital gain in the future, not so much on rental return.

Actually I think if comparing to the same location and other things remaining constant, rental return on studio units tends to be higher due to the lower quantum.

Desperado1967
01-07-09, 09:43

The studio has various price range depending on size. The price ranges from 460k - 630k. Mind is a One-Bedroom studio corner unit, and a little bigger than most of the studios, it costs 560k. I am not sure how much I can rent it out as I guess it depends on demand. As TOP will be Dec 2011 plus Circle Line, Sentosa IR should be ready by then, coupled with limited studio units in that area, I suppose rental yield would be between 4% - 5%. I am hoping the rental yield is enough to cover my monthly mortgage loan. As this is an investment proerty for me and it's freehold, I am looking at capital gain after 10-20 years from now.

As mentioned by someone in this forum, already 40 units sold out of the 138 units even before the VVIP preview, if it's true, I'm duly impressed with the sales progress.

Autonomy
01-07-09, 10:00
The studio has various price range depending on size. The price ranges from 460k - 630k. Mind is a One-Bedroom studio corner unit, and a little bigger than most of the studios, it costs 560k. I am not sure how much I can rent it out as I guess it depends on demand. As TOP will be Dec 2011 plus Circle Line, Sentosa IR should be ready by then, coupled with limited studio units in that area, I suppose rental yield would be between 4% - 5%. I am hoping the rental yield is enough to cover my monthly mortgage loan. As this is an investment proerty for me and it's freehold, I am looking at capital gain after 10-20 years from now.

As mentioned by someone in this forum, already 40 units sold out of the 138 units even before the VVIP preview, if it's true, I'm duly impressed with the sales progress.

You bought a one bedroom studio unit ground floor with PES? How big is the unit?

Desperado1967
01-07-09, 12:06
You bought a one bedroom studio unit ground floor with PES? How big is the unit?

About 481 square feet. It works out to be $11XX per square feet.

Autonomy
01-07-09, 13:21
About 481 square feet. It works out to be $11XX per square feet.

Ok thanks. Seems like most of the units in this development are studios and one bedders.

PropertiesHunter
01-07-09, 17:50
how much does a studio cost ? 12XXpsf (366 to 498sqft)
how much do you think you can rent it out ? 1800- 2500

they are so many studios in RV area ,,, and rental's like 2000-2500 a mth .. RV can go financial dist and Orchard Rd faster when drive & bus
PI can go NUS, NUH, One north & Vivo fastest . So more to the west...with MRT drive & bus

whats your mortgage like ? Depend on Bank only Progressive
whats the maintenace per mth ?[/quote]150-250 (Low)

Desperado1967
01-07-09, 18:07
Ok thanks. Seems like most of the units in this development are studios and one bedders.
You are right! Out of teh 138 units, 96 units are studio ar 388 square feet. 26 units are One-Bedder, the rest are 2/3 Bedroom units and Penthouses.

But the location is Superb!

proud owner
01-07-09, 22:29
You are right! Out of teh 138 units, 96 units are studio ar 388 square feet. 26 units are One-Bedder, the rest are 2/3 Bedroom units and Penthouses.

But the location is Superb!

where were you when they launched Maylea, Grandhill, West-N , Balmeg, etc etc ...they range from 3-5 mins from MRT ... and their launch price was not not higher than 700 psf ..except for Balmeg ...

still wondering why people have to wait till prices so so high then say location is superb ..

theres landed house there too .. lagi superb ... and lower psf ...

you can also look at Yew siang road .. pepys hill area .. opposite the PP MRT station .. and they are FH and much much cheaper ..

PropertiesHunter
01-07-09, 23:40
I did bought a studio unit for investment or retirement at TOP flr.

Let me see any Freehold condo which is less than 200m from MRT now which have NOT TOP yet or less than 3 yrs old. inSingapore

Can anyone to a count.
My guess is less than 40 projects.

Desperado1967
02-07-09, 09:21
where were you when they launched Maylea, Grandhill, West-N , Balmeg, etc etc ...they range from 3-5 mins from MRT ... and their launch price was not not higher than 700 psf ..except for Balmeg ...

still wondering why people have to wait till prices so so high then say location is superb ..

theres landed house there too .. lagi superb ... and lower psf ...

you can also look at Yew siang road .. pepys hill area .. opposite the PP MRT station .. and they are FH and much much cheaper ..
I guess it's about Time and Space as I am not ready to commit on a second property at that point in time. I have other considerations in choosing Parc Imperial, price is one of them as this is my second property. I would love to get Balmeg but the total price is out of my budget although price per square feet is lower than Parc Imperial. In addition, the studio units at Balmeg were all sold out when I start to hunt for an investment property. Notice I did not mentioned Parc Imperial is cheap and I must admit the price is steep but the price of One-Bedder is within my budget.

I just hope that I did not choose the wrong unit at PArc Imperial; corner One-Bedder, pool facing, North-East facing, etc.

wqmai
02-07-09, 09:56
Luxe Villa which is launched in around Mar 09 - The studio is selling only at around $804 psf. Include a club house, lap pool, etc.

I would said the only difference to Parc Imperial is that it was slighter further away from MRT, 3 bus-stop away. Personally, felt parc imperial is a bit too pricey as I would rather get Luxe villa.

Walk 3 bus-stop or take a bus to MRT and save $400psf. Too bad that the market run up too fast, else I believed that parc imperial would be selling only abt $950psf if launched at the same time as Luxe Villa.

Anyway, personal opinion, not vested as I still prefer D15 due to nearer to work-place, ECP, etc, etc.

booshi0712
02-07-09, 19:01
wqmai - agree with you on Luxeville giving more value considering its location but as you pointed out the launches were at different times. Irrationale market has gone up about 10-15% in the past 2 months!!!!

Selling point is proximity to MRT. But still at 1k+ psf, its crazy especially when you look at prices at D9-11. I seriously wonder how they are going to move the bigger units cos i dun think people will buy at that price to stay.

proud owner
02-07-09, 21:59
wqmai - agree with you on Luxeville giving more value considering its location but as you pointed out the launches were at different times. Irrationale market has gone up about 10-15% in the past 2 months!!!!

Selling point is proximity to MRT. But still at 1k+ psf, its crazy especially when you look at prices at D9-11. I seriously wonder how they are going to move the bigger units cos i dun think people will buy at that price to stay.

if i get the lcoation correctly ... Parc is sandwiched between pasir panjang road and west coast highway ... the noise and dust is a real concern ...

look at Redwood ... same situation, between PP Rd and WCHway ... if not for the price, no one would even consider renting redwood ...

buyer should really do their homework and go down and walk that area ..and dont just buy becos its 2 mins from MRT ..

like i mention in other thread ... if proximity to MRT if so so important .. go buy that condo in SengKang ..where the condos are upstairs, shopping downstairs .. and MRT basement ..

booshi0712
03-07-09, 13:03
Yap, the West Coast Highway is quite scary. I only found out how bad it was with I viewed one of the unit in another development facing the highway that was on sale. The seller had installed another layer of windows to keep out the pollution (noise and dust)!!!!

Thats a blemish of PP, everything quite good except for those facing the highway. Too bad Tuas and our ports on the south coast are there to stay.

Desperado1967
03-07-09, 15:15
Agreed with all on the minus points for Parc Imperial. The 3-Bedder penthouses are going at $9XX per square feet and willl cost over a million. The smallest unit studios (388 sq ft) are all going at $12XX per square feet which I definitely agree that the price is steep! Rivergate near Robertson, when launched, is only $1000 per sq ft. Like what someone has pointed out, you need to bring in Time $ Space factor. 3 months different already will have an impact.
I did drive around the area to recce the site. Hence, I chose a unit which is pool facing, and away from the highway. If you look at the picture (artist impression) of Parc Imperial which I posted, the pool is facing Pasir Panjang Road. There will be units facing the highway which I agree buyers will resent from choosing it. By the way, the highway is quite a distance from the condo site. I doesn't know how great is the impactof noise.

Autonomy
03-07-09, 17:05
Agreed with all on the minus points for Parc Imperial. The 3-Bedder penthouses are going at $9XX per square feet and willl cost over a million. The smallest unit studios (388 sq ft) are all going at $12XX per square feet which I definitely agree that the price is steep! Rivergate near Robertson, when launched, is only $1000 per sq ft. Like what someone has pointed out, you need to bring in Time $ Space factor. 3 months different already will have an impact.
I did drive around the area to recce the site. Hence, I chose a unit which is pool facing, and away from the highway. If you look at the picture (artist impression) of Parc Imperial which I posted, the pool is facing Pasir Panjang Road. There will be units facing the highway which I agree buyers will resent from choosing it. By the way, the highway is quite a distance from the condo site. I doesn't know how great is the impactof noise.

Since you already bought it then just be happy with it. Guess you must have put through some thought process before you buy it. You dont have to justify to anyone but yourself.

booshi0712
03-07-09, 18:17
Desperado 1967 - sound like a good unit! All is good so long as dun face the highway.

Btw, is the showroom open already? Thinking of see see look look tomorrow for knowledge and fun! :spliff:

eng00701
03-07-09, 22:16

went today at bout 4plus. showroom not open yet. i was a little confused by agent. from what i understand some of the units sold were booked 1 year ago?? is that so? did not really clarify as i thought psf too high.

anyway i live in a landed in the area so i can tell you about the noise. units facing highway, noise is very bad from what i heard from a friend living in the Spectrum (end of pasir panjang road).
the units facing pasir panjang road are also noisy but less. i can attest to that. the buses are a nuisance in terms of noise. i have gotten used to it but my gf occasionally stays over and the noise keeps her awake the whole night if window is open.
but the plus is that you should have no problem renting out it out due to its small size and demand due to proximity of NUS (according to my real estate friend).
i did not do any check but i am not sure if the mrt will open. if you notice, there is one more mrt that is being constructed about 3 or 4 bus stops away(near pasir panjang food centre). i am guessing that only one will open and the pasir panjang food centre one seems to have a better chance. the population density at the har par villa mrt is very low and har par villa is now just a free entry normal park that i wouldnt exactly classify as a tourist attraction. of course i could be wrong. anyone got any idea about this? I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too. :)

Desperado1967
04-07-09, 12:29
I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too. :)

Ah ... I did not think of that! :doh: Reminds me now of the Buangkok MRT saga! And the white elephant sign board! :scared-5:

As this is my investment property, ease of renting out is my primary consideration, so I hope it's fine. If it's for own stay, to be frank, I won't buy it. The unit is too small! And I could not afford the bigger unit.

The showflat was opened on Thursday and Friday for buyers to sign OTP and VVIP preview. I was told it will be launched next weekend! I was also told about 50% has already been sold. But I am not aware some of the units have been booked one year ago? When I was choosing my unit, the centre block facing the pool have been fully booked at all levels except all ground floor units and units located on the extremem left and right. The showflat has studio and 3-Bedroom units. I wanted to take some photos of the showlat and the prototype of Parc IMperial but was forbidden to do so, is it normal?

cheerful
04-07-09, 12:34
Yup, pretty normal ... maybe agent/developer scare tt u use the model as confirmed refererence ... they always say it's artist impression :P

But some pp can take sneak pix when agents not paying attention .. if u wish to try ur luck lor.

wumingwei
04-07-09, 13:18
I went to other show flat also don't allow me to take photo. I wanted to take photo of the building model only becoz each balcony has different color (Mi Casa), how can I remember which one is red/blue/white while my family may concern. The developer staff kindly took for me hiding from others. Show flat? No way.

kenkaw
04-07-09, 21:39
... i did not do any check but i am not sure if the mrt will open. if you notice, there is one more mrt that is being constructed about 3 or 4 bus stops away(near pasir panjang food centre). i am guessing that only one will open and the pasir panjang food centre one seems to have a better chance. the population density at the har par villa mrt is very low and har par villa is now just a free entry normal park that i wouldnt exactly classify as a tourist attraction. of course i could be wrong. anyone got any idea about this? I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too. :)You would be happy to read the speech (http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/250108.pdf)given by Minister of Transport Raymond Lim in January 2008 in which he said,

"... Other than bringing forward CCL 3, we will also open more stations on the Circle Line. This will enhance the reach and connectivity of the Circle Line, and allow many more people to benefit from the MRT. We had earlier decided to build the Thomson and West Coast stations as shell stations and fit them out only when there are sufficient developments around them. As the pace of development around these stations is picking up, LTA will now fit out these stations and open them together with the other CCL stations ..."

proud owner
05-07-09, 11:42
went today at bout 4plus. showroom not open yet. i was a little confused by agent. from what i understand some of the units sold were booked 1 year ago?? is that so? did not really clarify as i thought psf too high.

anyway i live in a landed in the area so i can tell you about the noise. units facing highway, noise is very bad from what i heard from a friend living in the Spectrum (end of pasir panjang road).
the units facing pasir panjang road are also noisy but less. i can attest to that. the buses are a nuisance in terms of noise. i have gotten used to it but my gf occasionally stays over and the noise keeps her awake the whole night if window is open.
but the plus is that you should have no problem renting out it out due to its small size and demand due to proximity of NUS (according to my real estate friend).
i did not do any check but i am not sure if the mrt will open. if you notice, there is one more mrt that is being constructed about 3 or 4 bus stops away(near pasir panjang food centre). i am guessing that only one will open and the pasir panjang food centre one seems to have a better chance. the population density at the har par villa mrt is very low and har par villa is now just a free entry normal park that i wouldnt exactly classify as a tourist attraction. of course i could be wrong. anyone got any idea about this? I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too. :)

in 2006 i almost bought a landed there ..the road by the road facing Barossa .. my wife didnt like becos too near to road and noisy .. so instead i bought a landed below Kent Ridge park .. 8 mins walk to the PP food centre MRT .. and its very very quiet and i face 'sea view' ...
anyway i recommend those FH condos near there .. so much better value than the new tiny projects ..

gfoo
05-07-09, 11:51
Wah i love that place - one of my rich indo friends just bought there for his marital home

proud owner
05-07-09, 12:01
Wah i love that place - one of my rich indo friends just bought there for his marital home

who one ? there are 4 condos there that i like

PropertiesHunter
05-07-09, 12:02
Is ready HOT Now. Tmr price will increase 10% according to Developer.

Over 60+ units SOLD. Studio units more than 50% SOLD.

SUNDAY Jam not enough agent to serve you.

my friend ready plan and bought 1 unit for her children currently Pri 4 so that if she study NUS dont need to stay in Hostel.

proud owner
05-07-09, 12:05
Is ready HOT Now. Tmr price will increase 10% according to Developer.

Over 60+ units SOLD. Studio units more than 50% SOLD.

SUNDAY Jam not enough agent to serve you.

my friend ready plan and bought 1 unit for her children currently Pri 4 so that if she study NUS dont need to stay in Hostel.

and she ride bicycle to NUS ?

for NUS should be buying Stellar , foliage or west (something) ..near Hon Shu Shian Library ...buy Haw par villa ? not very near leh ...

Desperado1967
05-07-09, 14:48
As the pace of development around these stations is picking up, LTA will now fit out these stations and open them together with the other CCL stations ..."
:)

Wow! Over 60+ sold out of 138 units? That was good news for me ... :) I saw one of the property for sale ad, someone already selling at $1,530 per square feet.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/440749/for-sale-parc-imperial
:doh:

stalingrad
05-07-09, 15:41

Wow! Over 60+ sold out of 138 units? That was good news for me ... :) I saw one of the property for sale ad, someone already selling at $1,530 per square feet.

wow, what a joke! who will live in this chicken coop with huge balcony and a/c ledge? besides, the noise is going to be so bad.

I suspect this is put up by an agent to fool the uncommitted.

wqmai
05-07-09, 15:43

Anyway, I believe its just for show. Its still not the time for sub-sales yet. Nobody will pay that kind of price for that location. $1530psf?????????????????????????????????????????????:doh:

Desperado1967
05-07-09, 17:15
Anyway, I believe its just for show. Its still not the time for sub-sales yet. Nobody will pay that kind of price for that location. $1530psf?????????????????????????????????????????????:doh:
Agreed! At this price, I would get a unit at Sophia or Robertson Quay!

gfoo
05-07-09, 17:58
Agreed! At this price, I would get a unit at Sophia or Robertson Quay!

Des, you're obviously well educated, and prob have done quite a bit of deliberation before the purchase. In your previous posts, you seem to have acknowledged the pros and cons of the place, and seem to be rather experienced (at least by a decade more than me).

So respectfully, i hope to pick your brains w 3 simple qns as i'm looking for another property for my mom to retire in, and also to try to understand today's property buyer (as it seems psyche has turned 180deg in just a few months).

In Feb i was looking at Balmeg at abt $900psf. My take on that area.

Pros:
- couple of mins downslope to MRT
- CDL bought HPV so it will turn into either a commercial devt or a mixed resi/commercial entity

Cons:
- nowhere near NUS vs the others after and before (ng mui fong t) the clementi road cross junc
- crazy traffic and noise at night
- at least a decade before that area's potential comes to fruition
- pollution and dust from the shipyards and JI (this is v bad, standing at balmeg can smell it in the air)

You have taken a risk to leverage your investment at a 30% premium from the 2009 average - and the alternatives are 1.5% fix deposit rates at banks and 2.2% SGS coupons for the same time period it will take for parc imp to TOP.

Thus my 3 questions
:
1) Why did you not wait for the obvious correction coming - or are you betting that such a correction won't happen. If so why?

2) Why this area at $1200psf vs Southbank at $1000psf or other close to MRT areas in D15 etc etc?

3) Why a small devt vs bigger ones esp for rental investment. (at $200/m for 138units, the mcst only has $27000/m to spend on everything. i suspect that the monthly maintenance will double if not triple in time, thus eating into rental yield)

thanks in advance!

stalingrad
05-07-09, 18:20
he had a stuffed-up noise and couldn't smell anything from the port on the day that he visited the showflat.

He also wore eye-glasses with a wrong prescription on the day that he visited the showfat.

How else could one rationalize his decion?

booshi0712
05-07-09, 18:41
gfoo, for discussion sake, can share why a correction is obvious?

I used to be very sure that there will be a correction in Q3-Q4 09 due to the large number of projected units on offer. But there are other reasons why it may not. Here's my two :2cents: :

Singapore is a super savings society resulting in too much liquidity looking in either for upgrading or investments.
Singaporeans are spoilt in their believe towards property in the long run cos of limited land, previous price peaks and government's propping up HDB market - most people believe that the market will become similar to Hong Kong in the long run
Bigger development property companies flushed with capital from the years of boom and can wait out for good windows to launch. Leasehold plots will need to go, but they will stagger FHs launches.
Continue demand from PRs and new citizens, who are at least mid-income group.Honestly I have missed the recent rally :( and i would be happy if there is indeed a corection... If I have more dough, I will be looking at properties in London where a lot of institutional money are going into. Everyone hopes to time the bottom of the market but its impossible for eveyone to do so(some lucky ones will). So its back to the issues of timing and affordabilty, which is assessed differently by every individual...

gfoo
05-07-09, 20:18
Savings has got no bearing on the state of the economy - we're way too small. Singapore no matter what is ultimately an entrepot w huge tax advantages and that's all. Companies come here to setup hq not becuase they like the weather and the spgs. But because whatever thet reship or mfg in singapore is taxed less than any where else - thats why mti is shitting in their pants if obama's dbl tax laws go thru. Global trade suffers, singapore suffers. Demand and wealth in the west continues to be destroyed, and anyone that says asia can soak up that demand gap is smoking pot.

Not to mention that in the US, housing continues to fall thereby destoying disposable income, and we've yet to see alt-a and comm loans reset - that's coming soon.

The only reason things seem rosy in asia is cheap credit is flowing thru the system here faster than the west. If the same thing happens in the west, you dun have to worry abt rising asset prices - you'll be worring about mass inflation. Its now a balancing act, signalled by tbond rates.

gfoo
05-07-09, 20:22
The local signal for me is that developers are not replenishing their land banks, rather it feels like a desperate rush by them to diapose of what they have on hand, supported by creative marketing and sales tactics, further supportes by bank loans/valuation for new props (and not resale props) - and the large volume of morons that are falling for it . This creates a herd mentality driven by sentiment and not fundamentals and thus like evry bubble, it is subject to the laws of gravity.

gfoo
05-07-09, 20:25
bUt maybe i'm wrong and i'll be glad to be proven thus my qn to des1967, hope to get am alternative view fr him that makes sense, and hopefully helps me be more bullish about things

wqmai
05-07-09, 22:24
The local signal for me is that developers are not replenishing their land banks, rather it feels like a desperate rush by them to diapose of what they have on hand, supported by creative marketing and sales tactics, further supportes by bank loans/valuation for new props (and not resale props) - and the large volume of morons that are falling for it . This creates a herd mentality driven by sentiment and not fundamentals and thus like evry bubble, it is subject to the laws of gravity.

Agreed that they are not replenishing their land as there are too many projects yet to be launched and its not worth to en-bloc. Govt also not selling much land nowadays.

As for these gp of morons that u are mentioning, they are very powerful as they got capital and great holding power. Unless they got no holding power, they wont sell lower than the price that they pay for, so overall, the property price will not drop unless these gp got no more holding power and all dont mind selling at a loss.

So what will made property prices drop? When nobody buying and those projects yet to be launched had to sell at low price. But as their land are bought at high prices so in order to break even, they will have to sell at high prices. So when will they agree to sell at low prices? Unless the recession went on for 2 to 5 yrs and the developer cannot tahan to hold on anymore then they will sell at a loss for low price.

So overall, property prices will not crash unless something happened to make the economy to go into recession for at least 3 yrs or more.

eng00701
05-07-09, 22:40
Agreed that they are not replenishing their land as there are too many projects yet to be launched and its not worth to en-bloc. Govt also not selling much land nowadays.

As for these gp of morons that u are mentioning, they are very powerful as they got capital and great holding power. Unless they got no holding power, they wont sell lower than the price that they pay for, so overall, the property price will not drop unless these gp got no more holding power and all dont mind selling at a loss.

So what will made property prices drop? When nobody buying and those projects yet to be launched had to sell at low price. But as their land are bought at high prices so in order to break even, they will have to sell at high prices. So when will they agree to sell at low prices? Unless the recession went on for 2 to 5 yrs and the developer cannot tahan to hold on anymore then they will sell at a loss for low price.

So overall, property prices will not crash unless something happened to make the economy to go into recession for at least 3 yrs or more.

i agree. no one is expecting a full rally but a crash seems equally improbable. it would seem more logical that prices will increase or decrease within a small margin.
people learn from mistakes. sellers who sold at at a great discount in the earlier months are probably banging themselves on the head when they see this quick recovery prices. given the irrationality of singapore's property market, if i were a seller, even if recession continues into the next year, i would not want to sell my unit at fire-sale prices. i would rather wait it out since recovery could be around the corner. probably all it takes is some positive news to kick start the rally.

eng00701
05-07-09, 22:56
Cons:
- nowhere near NUS vs the others after and before (ng mui fong t) the clementi road cross junc
- crazy traffic and noise at night
- at least a decade before that area's potential comes to fruition
- pollution and dust from the shipyards and JI (this is v bad, standing at balmeg can smell it in the air)

i live in the area (3 bus stops away) so i a bit puzzled by how you got your cons.
i dun understand what u mean by crazy traffic and noise. balmeg is on hill and some distance away from highway and main road. i also dun know what u meant by "can smell in air". there are many alfresco dining areas near there including harry's which is always packed. doubt people will flock there if there is always a smell in air. or am i missing something.

anyway i went peak@balmeg show room today. they tore down the old one bout half year ago and re-built new one. totally packed. free for all. u can find practically all companies of real estate agents represented. all units have been released and about 60% sold. seems that all the better views ones have been taken up (which is not many. most units face each other).
quantum is quite high. all 2 bedders have been sold already. 3 bedders are around 1500sf so its bout 1.4 mil. what i do not like is the huge balconies.
some units in parc imperial also has amazing PES and balconies which seems logic defying given that the units are already so small.

average psf seems to have gone up very slightly compared to initial launch. 900+ to 1000+.

eng00701
05-07-09, 22:59
Pros:
- couple of mins downslope to MRT

sorry i couldnt resist this. couple mins downslope to mrt also means couple mins UPSLOPE from mrt. :)

eng00701
05-07-09, 23:04
in 2006 i almost bought a landed there ..the road by the road facing Barossa .. my wife didnt like becos too near to road and noisy .. so instead i bought a landed below Kent Ridge park .. 8 mins walk to the PP food centre MRT .. and its very very quiet and i face 'sea view' ...
anyway i recommend those FH condos near there .. so much better value than the new tiny projects ..

can i get some advice?
i live in a corner semi-detached. i am very tempted to reconstruct my house. was quoted 1.2mil. is it worth it (would new home increase by that value? )or should i just buy another property with the money

august
05-07-09, 23:47

clearly developers r in "clear stock" mode, recent rights issue to beef up capital also suggests some are preparing to tahan for the long haul

then again lately there has been sporadic acquisition by smaller and new players like yi kai and fission group ~

proud owner
06-07-09, 01:25

i mentioned this not too long ago ... that if its all so rosy .. developers would be buying land and launching later ...

and not like the current frenzy ... looks more like 'last chance to sell' ...

cheerful
06-07-09, 08:58
I went to other show flat also don't allow me to take photo. I wanted to take photo of the building model only becoz each balcony has different color (Mi Casa), how can I remember which one is red/blue/white while my family may concern. The developer staff kindly took for me hiding from others. Show flat? No way.

For Parc Imp ... now can liao .. think they tore down the screen so u can see clearly through the glass ... maybe can take pix if camera tt good ...

wumingwei
06-07-09, 10:39
anyway i went peak@balmeg show room today. they tore down the old one bout half year ago and re-built new one. totally packed. free for all. u can find practically all companies of real estate agents represented. all units have been released and about 60% sold. seems that all the better views ones have been taken up (which is not many. most units face each other).
quantum is quite high. all 2 bedders have been sold already. 3 bedders are around 1500sf so its bout 1.4 mil. what i do not like is the huge balconies.
some units in parc imperial also has amazing PES and balconies which seems logic defying given that the units are already so small.

average psf seems to have gone up very slightly compared to initial launch. 900+ to 1000+.
I went to peak@balmeg show room in Feb and was told that all 2 bedders were launched last year and sold all except 2 (which r recently sold). I didn't like the 2 units left but was interested if other available. went to show room the weekend b4 last and was told sold out. so confirmed no 2 bedders launched this time. Developer, agents and news report don't mention this unless u know already and ask. Yes the balcony huge so room small.

wqmai
06-07-09, 17:23
clearly developers r in "clear stock" mode, recent rights issue to beef up capital also suggests some are preparing to tahan for the long haul

then again lately there has been sporadic acquisition by smaller and new players like yi kai and fission group ~

Agreed that they are in "clear stock" mode. However at what price they will clear? Like what I mentioned before, do you think they will clear stock at low prices unless there is really no buyers. No buyers will only happened if recession went into 3 to 5 yrs.

Anyway, the prices are really too high liao. If ask me to buy studio at $1250 psf at PP area, definitely I wont buy. Few month back, I would have gotten RV Suite @ river valley @ $1250psf. But due to budget constraints, did not get it. Too bad. Looking to build up my capital so that one day when the opportunity comes, I would get it.

Desperado1967
07-07-09, 22:03
:
1) Why did you not wait for the obvious correction coming - or are you betting that such a correction won't happen. If so why?

2) Why this area at $1200psf vs Southbank at $1000psf or other close to MRT areas in D15 etc etc?

3) Why a small devt vs bigger ones esp for rental investment. (at $200/m for 138units, the mcst only has $27000/m to spend on everything. i suspect that the monthly maintenance will double if not triple in time, thus eating into rental yield)

thanks in advance!
Hi,

I think I'm gonna disappoint you, as I am not as season as you thought. My replies to your 3 Qs are pretty simple and straight forward. I guess it's about right time, right place. I did not take into consideration the forseen correction taking place soon as I am looking at long term capital gain.

In today's context, Southbank may not be $1,000psf. For other units in D15, those less than $1,000psf are normally bigger units which cost over $800k, some even over one million, which is out of my budget consideration. Moreover, I like west are as I have been living in the west for over 15 years. I am alright rental yields may be a little less that monthly mortgage loan and maintenance fees as long as it finances more than a certain percentage of my monthly installment as I do not forsee that I will sell this unit very much sooner unless someone offered me an incredible price which is unlikely. What will you forsee the price of this development, or what will hapen in 10-20 years time? Will it depreciates in value?

One thing I strongly believe is, development near to MRT is key! I define near as in less than 5 minutes walk. Of course there are many other developments like Centris, Compass Heights, etc .. I prefer the tranquil area surounding Parc Imperial though traffic noises from the highway and PP road may be a nuisance.

PropertiesHunter
07-07-09, 22:53
One thing I strongly believe is, development near to MRT is key! I define near as in less than 5 minutes walk. Of course there are many other developments like Centris, Compass Heights, etc .. I prefer the tranquil area surounding Parc Imperial though traffic noises from the highway and PP road may be a nuisance.[/quote]

I Do agree with you on MRT which is <150M away. It will have a great chance to have good capital gain within 5 yrs. So far anyone can tell me any Freehold development around MRT that near.

As traffic noise highway is very common for any condos project even in the EAST like Bayview, SilverSea, Waterfront etc. they still attract buyers & investors even they are along the busy ECP.

proud owner
07-07-09, 23:27
Parc is near the future West coast station ...

ever look at FH 5-10 mins walk from Pasir Panjang Station ?

Pepys Hill condo ..
Fragrance Court
west point
landridge
Treasure place
Flynn park
island view

alll old FH condos .... very much quieter than Parc location ..and with amenities ...

and not more than 880 psf

stalingrad
08-07-09, 10:21
Hi,
I prefer the tranquil area surrounding Parc Imperial though traffic noises from the highway and PP road may be a nuisance.
the area is not tranquil. there are at least six bus routes that ply the PP area. 143, 51, 30, 10.... the list goes on. And the buses get very close to the site. I doubt you can sleep with the windows open. the highway is not just a nuisance. It is a serious threat in terms of noise and pollution. most vehicles that ply the highway are heavy duty ones. the diesel engines spew toxic fume and the noise can wake up even Sleeping Beauty.

proud owner
08-07-09, 10:27
the area is not tranquil. there are at least six bus routes that ply the PP area. 143, 51, 30, 10.... the list goes on. And the buses get very close to the site. I doubt you can sleep with the windows open. the highway is not just a nuisance. It is a serious threat in terms of noise and pollution. most vehicles that ply the highway are heavy duty ones. the diesel engines spew toxic fume and the noise can wake up even Sleeping Beauty.

now you are making him really worried sick ....hahahha

august
08-07-09, 10:42

his is small studio rite? just on aircon lor, no noise liao ~

PropertiesHunter
08-07-09, 10:45

If u say of toxic fumes vechicle along highway, you are also saying from Stellar, blue horizon,Spectrum all the way along highway to Carribbean, Harbourview tower that this residence are getting it too. Why they is a rise in price for Carribean, even stellar past few month. And I felt that at the nite West Coast HW have less vechicle noise compare to ECP & many highway.

proud owner
08-07-09, 10:56
If u say of toxic fumes vechicle along highway, you are also saying from Stellar, blue horizon,Spectrum all the way along highway to Carribbean, Harbourview tower that this residence are getting it too. Why they is a rise in price for Carribean, even stellar past few month. And I felt that at the nite West Coast HW have less vechicle noise compare to ECP & many highway.

i personally think the noise from the highway is nothing compared to the noise from the Buses ...

stalingrad
08-07-09, 11:17

No, you are wrong. those condos at ECP are some distance from the highway, and the effect is less severe compared with developments along PP.

Go check yourself by Google Earth. those condos along ECP are mostly 100 meters away from ECP. Your condo is only 20 to 30 meters away. and your condo is only 10 meters from PP.

proud owner
08-07-09, 11:36
No, you are wrong. those condos at ECP are some distance from the highway, and the effect is less severe compared with developments along PP.

Go check yourself by Google Earth. those condos along ECP are mostly 100 meters away from ECP. Your condo is only 20 to 30 meters away. and your condo is only 10 meters from PP.

what u think will be the effect of the news ? about taxing capital gain of second prop sale within 4 yrs period ?

i feel prices will start to fall from here ...now ....

those will more than 3 props on hand will rush to sell before jan 2010 .. forcing valuation down ..

stalingrad
08-07-09, 11:52
what u think will be the effect of the news ? about taxing capital gain of second prop sale within 4 yrs period ?

i feel prices will start to fall from here ...now ....

those will more than 3 props on hand will rush to sell before jan 2010 .. forcing valuation down ..

the effect is obvious. City development's shares went down almost 10% in the morning. haha!!

PropertiesHunter
08-07-09, 17:25

You are talking about noise right it depend how you felt. there many landed and condos along PP too. I still think nearer to MRT is a better choice if for investment and rental.
Metropoltan command a high psf not that it can hear MRT or buses Surround sound, is about location and transport. Since most of them have air con in their room.

gfoo
09-07-09, 12:25
lol so cute. why do people still think having MRT clost to home is 'special'? Look at the MRT planning map in this forum http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/singapore_mrt_mod.gif

MRTs will be within walking distance of everywhere! it's gonna be so common in 5 years time, that i think in time to come, not being close to an MRT will start carrying a premium (like 6th ave lol)

teddybear
09-07-09, 12:44
yap, high-class properties usually quite some distance from MRT (away from the mass crowd since these rich people drive, they don't take MRT). Near MRT means too noisy, too much human traffic flow.

lol so cute. why do people still think having MRT clost to home is 'special'? Look at the MRT planning map in this forum http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/singapore_mrt_mod.gif

MRTs will be within walking distance of everywhere! it's gonna be so common in 5 years time, that i think in time to come, not being close to an MRT will start carrying a premium (like 6th ave lol)

Autonomy
09-07-09, 13:18

That's because not everyone has the luxury of owning a car or for bigger families multiple cars or stay within walking distance to their work place. So I guess its not a concern to you cause you dont belong to any of these categories.

But for poor heartlanders like me, being close to public transport ie MRT is of utmost concern since will rely heavily on it. Imagine having to squeeze in and out of a bus to change to mrt and do that two times a day times 365days a year you will see if it is indeed a concern.

But then again... I guess most privileged and more well to do people will go for quality of life i.e. staying in 6th ave vs convenience. :)

novel
09-07-09, 13:31

watched the news yesterday, those living in Bukit Timah landed dun like the idea of having MRT near their place :P I mean they are the rich ones prefer secluded area yet with the upcoming MRT disturbing their premium peace.

gfoo
09-07-09, 13:41
That's because not everyone has the luxury of owning a car or for bigger families multiple cars or stay within walking distance to their work place. So I guess its not a concern to you cause you dont belong to any of these categories.

But for poor heartlanders like me, being close to public transport ie MRT is of utmost concern since will rely heavily on it. Imagine having to squeeze in and out of a bus to change to mrt and do that two times a day times 365days a year you will see if it is indeed a concern.

But then again... I guess most privileged and more well to do people will go for quality of life i.e. staying in 6th ave vs convenience. :)

Errr, sorry but i am neither rich or privileged lor. i also appreciate being close to public transport - the MRT under my place is a godsend, esp with the underground mall. Everyone is one way or another a heartlander (maybe except bt timah) - I also share the honglim heartlands area lor

Autonomy
09-07-09, 15:10
Errr, sorry but i am neither rich or privileged lor. i also appreciate being close to public transport - the MRT under my place is a godsend, esp with the underground mall. Everyone is one way or another a heartlander (maybe except bt timah) - I also share the honglim heartlands area lor

That's why we should all show our appreciation for our beloved MRT... for people without cars... its godsend and for people with cars... thank u for not creating for traffic congestions... long live the MRT! haha...

Desperado1967
09-07-09, 22:11
I heard parcImperiaL official launch will be on coming Saturday .... ;)

proud owner
09-07-09, 22:41

6th Ave is not good at all ..being the only road linking holland rd to bkt timah .. the traffic is bad .. an MRT shud ease the condition .. if i am a resident there ..who drives .. i will want an MRT to reduce the traffic so that i can drive with ease .. hehehe

a better location will be Old Holland Rd ..may have been a cemetery long ago .. but it truly is unique and a class of its own ..

gfoo is right .. in time to come ..i thot i read some place .. no one person has to walk more than 500m to the nearest MRT .. gosh .. thats too much too close .. BUY SMRT shares people

cndomay
11-07-09, 12:37
I heard parcImperiaL official launch will be on coming Saturday .... ;)

Dropped by PI just now....

lots of visitors.

sale status board showed already 80% ( my rough est) sold.

2BR - all gone.

a hefty $1300 psf or more if you want one!

august
11-07-09, 14:42
show flat is 2 bedder or studio?

cndomay
11-07-09, 15:38
show flat is 2 bedder or studio?

2 types on display

one is a studio of size 346 sq ft. the display is open-concept. standing outside, you'll see the bed and the sofa at the head of the bed. to the right is a dining counter and the kitchen, toilet, bath.

the other could be a 3 bedder. the kitchen has room for only 2 persons. the bedroom appears small as well.

wondering if $1300 PSF is the norm for pasir panjang ( near haw paw villa end )?

gfoo
11-07-09, 18:05
for the past 2-3 years just 50-100m away the area avg 500-600psf. now avg price 100m away is $750-$850psf. you ask yourself if paying 2x historical rates is worth it or not for 100m

wilander
11-07-09, 20:16
Just came back from showroom. Looks like a major success. There was a traffic jam at parsir panjang road and need to queue up to get into showroom. All the bigger units and higher floor studios are sold old left a handful. The future mrt is right next to the project, guess that's the selling point.

cndomay
11-07-09, 20:38
he he, even without a condo launch, the road there may have traffic jams.

noted this morning when i was there, there is no more option for road widening!

the residents in this stretch of road have to live with a 2-lane road forever?

august
11-07-09, 20:45
hehe i passed by too.. woah jam sia decided to give it a miss :D

eng00701
11-07-09, 20:48
he he, even without a condo launch, the road there may have traffic jams.

noted this morning when i was there, there is no more option for road widening!

the residents in this stretch of road have to live with a 2-lane road forever?

the traffic is quite ok. although the situation might change as it used to be mainly landed. now more and more condos are sprouting out.
plus it is a short drive to the junction that leads to west coast highway. so i dun think its an issue.

eng00701
11-07-09, 20:52
for the past 2-3 years just 50-100m away the area avg 500-600psf. now avg price 100m away is $750-$850psf. you ask yourself if paying 2x historical rates is worth it or not for 100m

the power of mrt. but i still think its way over priced. couple of months back, newton freehold were selling for 1200psf.
i suppose the extreme low quantum is a draw as normally not many pple can afford to buy 2 properties. in this case it become quite possible.

Desperado1967
12-07-09, 17:19
the power of mrt. but i still think its way over priced. couple of months back, newton freehold were selling for 1200psf.
i suppose the extreme low quantum is a draw as normally not many pple can afford to buy 2 properties. in this case it become quite possible.
I think the success is due to relatively small size of the studio units which makes the overall price per unit affordable, though it costs as much as $1,300psf. Some can easily afford 2 units. I have to agree it's highly overpriced as at this pricing, one can get a similar size unit at Robertson Edge. If it's not due to th fact the RE will be blocked by the new development at it's front, I would have gotten RE.

Just hope that when it's TOP, rental yield will be attractive.

PropertiesHunter
12-07-09, 18:42
Never mind about the sour grapes.

Is always have in this forum.

Congrate to those have vested. Sell out still long queue. Left 20-25 units at 3pm.
FREEHOLD MRT 100M away is a GREAT thing right now. If Caspian & Misa can go at 7XX psf for 1 rm in the subsale. Studio unit dont ready matter on PSF is selling point is on the less nett premium which can get approve from bank easily

Who care about road narrow, we are talking about MRT. Hope that those still taking BUS or car to work or vivocity enjoy the road.

Anyone can guess how many units left after today.

cndomay
12-07-09, 19:33
what's good of Parc Imp?

- the MRT
- the pte homes opposite it, on those elevated grounds. Oh my, love the San Francisco feel of it!
- NUS and other learned institutions are nearby.

great area to stay!

stalingrad
12-07-09, 19:53

I can buy 200 properties if each is 10 square feet. what a joke! singaporeans are a bunch morons taken by the developers.

xtink
12-07-09, 21:50
wanted to go there and take a look at ard 2pm... turn into the carpark, saw a Q with abt 10pax... immediately do a 3-pt turn and go to the PEAK... small road up was so jammed...

but good thing the entrance to Peak isn't the small road up but near the HPV...so not too bad. the experience of being up on the hill really feels nice... but too bad... 2 bedders within my budget all gone liao....but nt cheap either... almst 1mil for 2 bedders.. koaz....

cndomay
13-07-09, 05:35
I think the success is due to relatively small size of the studio units which makes the overall price per unit affordable, though it costs as much as $1,300psf. Some can easily afford 2 units. I have to agree it's highly overpriced as at this pricing, one can get a similar size unit at Robertson Edge. If it's not due to th fact the RE will be blocked by the new development at it's front, I would have gotten RE.

Soon you will see units being offered for sub-sale. EG 8@woodleigh has popped out. 1152 sq ft unit, 2+1 asking for $1 mil. that's 870 psf. it is also near mrt but not FH. Facing former cemetary is no isuue with today's buyers at all.

vin002
13-07-09, 08:29

The pricing is only true for studio at $1,300psf. The bigger units are selling lesser around $1Kpsf. The studio is really damn small!

kenkaw
13-07-09, 08:49
I can buy 200 properties if each is 10 square feet. what a joke! singaporeans are a bunch morons taken by the developers.A 400 sqft studio unit is certainly small and suitable only for a select rental group but I'm sure you will get more success trying to rent out such a unit than a 10 sqft one ... :rolleyes:

Desperado1967
13-07-09, 11:50
The pricing is only true for studio at $1,300psf. The bigger units are selling lesser around $1Kpsf. The studio is really damn small!
You are right. The 2-Bedder Penthous and 3-Bedder are going at 9XXpsf. But it will cost over one million. For teh 2-Bedder Penthouse units, it comes with private pool ... :cool:

proud owner
13-07-09, 11:59
You are right. The 2-Bedder Penthous and 3-Bedder are going at 9XXpsf. But it will cost over one million. For teh 2-Bedder Penthouse units, it comes with private pool ... :cool:

the 2 bedroom penthouse with private pool ? on a 4-5 storey project ?

how big is that unit ? excluding the pool ..and how big is the pool ? how much are they asking ?

ST88
13-07-09, 13:57
I went to the showflat yesterday and i asked the agent what the current prices were for the surrounding condos. He said, "I dun know".

I checked around and found The Foliage penthouse just went for S$651 psf. The Foliage may not be near the MRT station but any Parc Imperial buyer would be paying a huge premium at S$1000 psf just to be 5 minutes away from the station.

PropertiesHunter
13-07-09, 16:28
90% SOLD during noon time today, 14-15 units left.

So all Buyers are wise or crazy. Price already go up as what I compare to my previous pricelist.

proud owner
13-07-09, 20:37
90% SOLD during noon time today, 14-15 units left.

So all Buyers are wise or crazy. Price already go up as what I compare to my previous pricelist.

i am curious the 2 bedder PH with private pool

any clue the size of unit and size of pool and what psf ?

Desperado1967
13-07-09, 23:30
i am curious the 2 bedder PH with private pool

any clue the size of unit and size of pool and what psf ?
My apologies, it is a 3-Bedder penthhouse with private pool. There are two such units. One of them is 1389 sq ft and the other is 1464 sq ft. The lap pool is 1m deep but I am not sure what's the length. I was told the selling price is $9XX psf.

cheerful
14-07-09, 08:55
fyip, showflat still opened last evening past 7.30pm ... maybe the agents & sellers took a loooong while to negotiate (or maybe really damn good sales tt agents work hard on a Monday nite) :p

PropertiesHunter
14-07-09, 14:08
Price from Sat is 20K upward from VVIP preview on all units. So studio have a 4% jump. But that cannot stop the buyer chipping up 30+ units

eng00701
14-07-09, 16:42
Price from Sat is 20K upward from VVIP preview on all units. So studio have a 4% jump. But that cannot stop the buyer chipping up 30+ units

property prices are really getting ridiculous and becoming out of reach for many. if this goes on, buying studio will become the norm.

proud owner
14-07-09, 22:28
property prices are really getting ridiculous and becoming out of reach for many. if this goes on, buying studio will become the norm.

a family of 4 will have to buy 2 - 3 studios ??? ahhaha
a new version of Under one roof ..

durian
14-07-09, 23:14

The layout for studio was done without the sidewall and appeared bigger through the use of mirror effect. I think the buyer will get a big shock when they collect the key and enter the flat.

Decided to pay $1,300 psf for a resale property in town over the weekend.

jitkiat
15-07-09, 10:20

It is called a triple-key concept where 3 studio units share a common door ... after dual-key concept sells like hotcakes at a premium

PropertiesHunter
15-07-09, 13:10

You are indeed creative, I thought my ideas of getting 3 studios on the same flr is not norm.

1 for myseif , one for my parent, one for the kids. So I convert the kitchen for my kid to study rm with shelve. And my room kitchen will be Wardrode

franzmark
15-07-09, 14:07
but cndo maitenance will be high for 1 family
You are indeed creative, I thought my ideas of getting 3 studios on the same flr is not norm.

1 for myseif , one for my parent, one for the kids. So I convert the kitchen for my kid to study rm with shelve. And my room kitchen will be Wardrode

PropertiesHunter
15-07-09, 20:26
but cndo maitenance will be high for 1 family

PArc Maint for studio is 150 X 3units. Can have 3 carpark lot, Share same wireless broadband. One cook for 3 . Go oversea got people look after. Maid also can do 2 house without transport fee and time. Add on some she may do 3 units, small mah.

A lot of saving. See TV together,save energy and $. Friend come to one location can see all.

proud owner
16-07-09, 02:53
PArc Maint for studio is 150 X 3units. Can have 3 carpark lot, Share same wireless broadband. One cook for 3 . Go oversea got people look after. Maid also can do 2 house without transport fee and time. Add on some she may do 3 units, small mah.

A lot of saving. See TV together,save energy and $. Friend come to one location can see all.

dont need Hi Fi ..your neighbour is 'next room" ..hehe

dont need alarm clock .. your neighbour wakes up..you wake up too ..

BUT remember to keep your shoes indoor .. the door can be so close together they can mistake your shoes for theirs .. can share a outdoor doormat ??

victorchoo
16-07-09, 19:25
u paid 3 times the maintenance and also 3 times the tv and license fees. although u will get 3 carpark lots, but does your family owns 3 cars in the first place?

and why not a 3-bedroom or 4-bedroom? The floor area is comparable to 3 times studio. and bigger floor area has lower psf as compared to smaller floor area units. Therefore, i believe it is cheaper to get a 3 or 4-bedroom than to get 3 studio units.

HCL
17-07-09, 19:51
I was in the show room during lunch time. Only few studio units at ground floor and 2 units at 2nd level left. The price range around $1200+ to $1300+. I don't know why agent does not even want to give me a floor plan but just to show me from his folder. This development does not provide integrated fridge and washer, that most developer does for a 1 bed room or studio unit. The studio is small. The studio unit in the show room was built without walls. I am sure the feeling will be different with actual unit when walls are built. I did not feel the noise as mentioned in this thread but not sure whether this was a non peak hours. Overall, I did not like it. Small pool, no garden ... except the location that is near MRT. (This is the only plus point I see)

Desperado1967
17-07-09, 23:47
There are various sizes of studio units i.e. 366, 377, 388, 398, 409, 420, 431, 441, 452, 484, 495, 570 sq ft. Most studios are 398 sq ft. I share the same opinon that it's too small especially most of us are used to living in 5-BR & Executive flat. I'm even more amazed that given such small size, each unit comes with a balcony and the size of the balcony is not small!

My question is how do we know the unit that one bought is of correct size when we take over the unit?

Douk
17-07-09, 23:51
There are various sizes of studio units i.e. 366, 377, 388, 398, 409, 420, 431, 441, 452, 484, 495, 570 sq ft. Most studios are 398 sq ft. I share the same opinon that it's too small especially most of us are used to living in 5-BR & Executive flat. I'm even more amazed that given such small size, each unit comes with a balcony and the size of the balcony is not small!

My question is how do we know the unit that one bought is of correct size when we take over the unit?

title deed.

victorchoo
18-07-09, 00:41
prior to collection of keys, the developer will arrange a surveyor to take measurement. If your unit is more than 3% smaller than the indicated floor area, the developer will refund you the balance.

I'm surprised your lawyer did not go through this portion with you when u sign your S&P. It's written inside.

Regulators
18-07-09, 01:28
these sizes are good for people who dont like walking too far to any corner of the house to the other and for super lazy people who dont like household chores.

victorchoo
18-07-09, 10:11
In fact, while I was on a 6 months business trip overseas last year, I stayed in a studio apartment too. The size of it was similar to the one at the showroom. I like the concept. Brings back fond memories... ^_^

vin002
18-07-09, 10:24
In fact, while I was on a 6 months business trip overseas last year, I stayed in a studio apartment too. The size of it was similar to the one at the showroom. I like the concept. Brings back fond memories... ^_^

The size is good if you are for short term stay. Not suitable for long term. The size is smaller that some of the standard hotel room in Singapore. :scared-1:

proud owner
18-07-09, 11:22

its good ? becos you live on your luggage during the trip

if you LIVE in a studio, you will have ironing board, toilet brush , cooking utensil, golf bag ( for me) .. shit loads of shoes and a lot more clothings than your luggage can accommodate ..

so get real ..

PropertiesHunter
18-07-09, 12:23
Less Than 10 units now all ground Floor unit. Super Fast. Tearing Down the showflat on Coming Monday.

Still got short queue at 1030hrs. Last min grap.

SOLD OUT very soon.

Flipper coming out liao.

Desperado1967
18-07-09, 22:23
Less Than 10 units now all ground Floor unit.
Does this mean ground floor unit not good for Parc Imperial?

PropertiesHunter
19-07-09, 21:37
Parc Imperial Studio units all SOLD out. Heard that 01-19 the last unit got 3 buyers giving cheque at the same time. Dont know which is the lucky one.

Congrate to those who vested.
READY TO FLIP HAHA

victorchoo
20-07-09, 22:27
its good ? becos you live on your luggage during the trip

if you LIVE in a studio, you will have ironing board, toilet brush , cooking utensil, golf bag ( for me) .. shit loads of shoes and a lot more clothings than your luggage can accommodate ..

so get real ..

I STAYED there for 6 months. i did my own cooking and my own ironing too. But I don't have a "shit loads of shoes" but i bought a lot of clothes there. So much so that when my wife joined me during the last 2 weeks of my stay there, I told her to bring one extra empty luggage for my cloths. Seriously, why do I need so much space if I'm staying alone? As long as I have a TV, a laptop cum study desk, an internet connection, a kitchen, a toilet, a fridge, a washer/dryer, a bed and an iron board. oh yes.. and my wii, PSP and media player... It's really not half as bad as what u imagine.

proud owner
20-07-09, 22:38
I STAYED there for 6 months. i did my own cooking and my own ironing too. But I don't have a "shit loads of shoes" but i bought a lot of clothes there. So much so that when my wife joined me during the last 2 weeks of my stay there, I told her to bring one extra empty luggage for my cloths. Seriously, why do I need so much space if I'm staying alone? As long as I have a TV, a laptop cum study desk, an internet connection, a kitchen, a toilet, a fridge, a washer/dryer, a bed and an iron board. oh yes.. and my wii, PSP and media player... It's really not half as bad as what u imagine.

well if the unit comes with all those appliances and you are alone then fine

but the impression i get is .. ITS REALLY TINY .. but then again ..i am spoilt .. i am used to space ...

venetiacoffee
21-07-09, 00:30
reporters say ... the revival in home buying is due to pent-up demand, upgrader demand, etc, etc,...

just wonder whether residents of these "whatever tier" condominiums will spend S$500-S$1000 to put up the best plants in their balconies ... or simply compete to sun their laundries at the planters, balconies and windows:scared-2: :scared-3: :scared-2: :doh: :doh: :doh: :scared-4: :scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-4: :eek: :scared-5: :2cents:

teddybear
21-07-09, 10:12
I suppose for mass market condos, that is what the big big planter areas & balconies are for right (and save on yard space)? It may be an enjoyment as you can see flags of all colours. :p

reporters say ... the revival in home buying is due to pent-up demand, upgrader demand, etc, etc,...

just wonder whether residents of these "whatever tier" condominiums will spend S$500-S$1000 to put up the best plants in their balconies ... or simply compete to sun their laundries at the planters, balconies and windows:scared-2: :scared-3: :scared-2: :doh: :doh: :doh: :scared-4: :scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-4: :eek: :scared-5: :2cents:

jitkiat
21-07-09, 11:42
I suppose for mass market condos, that is what the big big planter areas & balconies are for right (and save on yard space)? It may be an enjoyment as you can see flags of all colours. :p

I have seen lots of wet clothes hanging at balconies around Amber area from the Chinese Swimming Club ... the balcony is made of glass ... so the condo looks really colorful ha ha

cheerful
21-07-09, 11:52
I have seen lots of wet clothes hanging at balconies around Amber area from the Chinese Swimming Club ... the balcony is made of glass ... so the condo looks really colorful ha ha

Aiyah .. pp pay for every inch mah, so might as well make good use of the balcony lor .. if morn sun, put colour in the AM .. if afternoon sun, then colour in the PM :D

then evening still can use for sipping wine or drinking tea :p

richwang
21-07-09, 15:38
I've also bought one.
Owners and Residents, welcome to join the community.
I've got some ideas to make it even better:
1) Maid service;
2) Breakfast;
3) French lessons (2 MRT stops from insead);
4) Japanese lessons;
... and lots more ideas and actions from YOU!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=202628390233

PropertiesHunter
24-07-09, 10:11
Air Stream in St Micheal selling at 1200psf for all 1 bdr & 2 bdrs. Although is Freehold but very far from MRT.

So PI is a steal. Frangrance group must be brainstorming why the price is so low.

PI Buyer score again.

teddybear
24-07-09, 10:26
Is this near to the Pasir Panjang MRT or West Coast MRT? Are both MRTs going to open when the Circle Line is completed?

Air Stream in St Micheal selling at 1200psf for all 1 bdr & 2 bdrs. Although is Freehold but very far from MRT.

So PI is a steal. Frangrance group must be brainstorming why the price is so low.

PI Buyer score again.

richwang
24-07-09, 10:27

PI Buyer score again.

Well, as a owner, I have to say it is just a win-win situation for Frangrance and the owners. The market just moves so fast. it was below 1000 psf in that area just 2 months back. Frangance can breakeven at a price point of 1000 psf. So 1200 psf is fair price for PI when we bought it. Of course the price should be higher now. But Frangance has just bought some new land at very low price. So they can manage their cash flow and make money elsewhere. You can see the constuction speed is very fast because this project is on progressive payment. The Developer will collect the money and do better things elsewhere.

I am more interested in rental now. For a net rental yeild of 4% - 5%, we should look for S$6+ psf /month. Shall all owners hold for this rental price range please? The nearby Studios are asking for this price range. (S$3000/m for 495 spf).

It's best if we can do some "collective rent" (to Insead?), so the residents will enjoy their enclusive community.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
24-07-09, 10:40
Is this near to the Pasir Panjang MRT or West Coast MRT? Are both MRTs going to open when the Circle Line is completed?

It is next to Haw Par Villa (used to be called West Coast). It is confirmed that the station will be opened together with other Circle Lines. Don't forget there are MCL and Far East projects near-by. So you should have no dbouble about the openning of the station. I guess they are even building some shops in the underground between Yes Center and Haw Par Villa (can someone confirm this?)
By the way, Haw Par Corp stock has climbed a lot recently - anyone knows some re-development for that Park?

The only concern is Parc Imperial might be TOP just a couple of months before Haw Par Villa station opens. I hope the owners are cash rich enough to hold the rental of S$6+ psf.

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20090616-148885.html

Next stop: Haw Par Villa http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifhttp://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifTue, Jun 16, 2009
AsiaOne (http://www.asiaone.com/print/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20090616-148885.html) (javascript:openEmailA1AdminWindow(document.emailToFriendForm)) function openEmailA1AdminWindow(emailToFriendForm) { var emailToFriendPageURL = emailToFriendForm.emailToFriendPageURL.value; emailToFriendForm.action = emailToFriendPageURL; emailToFriendForm.target="_blank"; emailToFriendForm.submit(); } Next stop - Haw Par Villa. And that's not referring to the iconic cultural park but a new train station in Singapore.
Names for new stations along the Downtown Lines and Circle Line (CCL) have been finalised, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced on Tuesday.
One of the CCL stations, West Coast, has been christened Haw Par Villa and another, Thomson, will officially be named Caldecott, following approval by the Street and Building Names Board (SBNB).
These stations were not included in the station naming exercise in 2005 as they were initially designated as shell stations, LTA said.
However the Minister for Transport announced early last year that LTA will fit out both stations to be opened together with the other CCL stations.

PropertiesHunter
24-07-09, 12:26
I ready dont know what should we do on PI. Anyway my family got 3 units on the TOP flr on first nite in a secret launch. Only 3 units was sold then to Frangrance group shareholders. So I minority holder got choice units too lah. :) :) :)

Now market is going at 10%+ gain right. But I think I will wait for TOP since is NOT at high premium.

PropertiesHunter
24-07-09, 12:34
[quote=richwang]
By the way, Haw Par Corp stock has climbed a lot recently - anyone knows some re-development for that Park?

Bro Rich, Haw Par Corp does NOT own HP Villa now, it is under Singapore Tourism Board. Is a donation to Government.

STB & URA will combine to develop this place in conjunction with Sentosa IR. The plan have been draft but NOT started since 2008. Maybe due to lack of construction tools and manpower. IR come first and develop places around the IR. Pasir Panjang is a area with history like second world war defensive ground. My friend grandfather and friends defend this place against Japanese and got kill.:scared-3:

ParcImperial
26-07-09, 12:39
It's best if we can do some "collective rent" (to Insead?), so the residents will enjoy their enclusive community.

I have bought a studio unit in PI. I like this concept of collective rent mooted by richwang.
Shall we form a committee of some sort to manage this collective rental?

teddybear
26-07-09, 13:39
Why need to manage? Ask tenant to GIRO into your bank account directly will do. ;)

I have bought a studio unit in PI. I like this concept of collective rent mooted by richwang.
Shall we form a committee of some sort to manage this collective rental?

richwang
27-07-09, 14:11
I've visited the site again. The construction progress is very fast. Anyone has a clue when we need to pay another 10% for the Completion of Fundations?
I suspect it will be earlier than Dec 31, 2011 for TOP. Any guess how early it will be? June 2011?
Another interesting guess is when the Haw Par Village station will be open? May 2011, I hope.

Thanks,

richwang
27-07-09, 14:35
hi,

I have registered an domain site. It will take me a few weeks to build it. But soon we will have our own community:

www.parcimperial.sg (http://www.parcimperial.sg)

Open for suggestions!

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
28-07-09, 16:26
hi,

I have registered an domain site. It will take me a few weeks to build it. But soon we will have our own community:

Open for suggestions!

Thanks,
Richard

The Internet company is posting some ads on the site. I will need a couple of days to build our own. You should see our project pictures there.
I will post a message here once it is up.

Sorry for the confusions caused.
Richard

richwang
29-07-09, 17:29
CC Line Stage 6 will extend from Houbour Front to Shenton and Maria Bay in Year 2012. This will bring in lots of residence from the financial center.
Anyone knows the actual site of Shenton MRT station? Has the construction started?
Any idea how long the walking distance within the Interchange of Maria Bay. This will make Raffles Place just minutes away from Parc Imperial - by train.

Thanks,

PropertiesHunter
29-07-09, 18:26
CC Line Stage 6 will extend from Houbour Front to Shenton and Maria Bay in Year 2012. This will bring in lots of residence from the financial center.
Anyone knows the actual site of Shenton MRT station? Has the construction started?
Any idea how long the walking distance within the Interchange of Maria Bay. This will make Raffles Place just minutes away from Parc Imperial - by train.

Thanks,

Where you get this info Sir, can share attach.

Allthepies
29-07-09, 21:52

Thanks,

I only heard that it will extend to Bayfront Station from Promenade Station... r u mistaken??

http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=1763

richwang
30-07-09, 10:19
Any idea when CC30 Shenton will be up?

http://www.singaporepropertymarket.com/future_mrt_lrt_system_map.htm

ParcImperial
03-08-09, 12:12
hi,

Open for suggestions!

Thanks,
Richard

GREAT!!! Count me in as a member!

richwang
12-08-09, 15:43
I've just passed by the site. The show room is gone. The framework for grand floor of center block (253B) is already up. So we will immediately recieve another 10% payment after we pay the 20%. Faster than I thought. Cheers!

guppymania
15-08-09, 09:55
Whats up with the web site? I also bought one ground floor unit at Parc Imperial...:cheers6:

richwang
17-08-09, 10:38
Sorry for the delay. I am very busy with my day job recently, and setting up the WebSite is harder than I initially thought. But anyway, I will put a deadline of Sept 30, otherwise I will never be able to get it started.
Thanks for waiting.
By the way, the rental for studios in One North and Maylea are all going for $3k / month now. Let's hope we will get closer to that.

richwang
26-09-09, 16:54
OK. Here is the Web Site.

http://www.parcimperial.sg

Thanks,
Richard

PropertiesHunter
29-10-09, 11:06
This developer is building Fast to match the speed of Sentosa IR.

NOW many owners are asking 14XXpsf and above for mickey mouse club house.
FH & 100metres awayfrom future MRT, near IR, NUH, BV research centre, Science Park II, NUS.

I think 1600psf like LS in D11 can be reach when TOP.

proud owner
28-11-09, 11:52
This developer is building Fast to match the speed of Sentosa IR.

NOW many owners are asking 14XXpsf and above for mickey mouse club house.
FH & 100metres awayfrom future MRT, near IR, NUH, BV research centre, Science Park II, NUS.

I think 1600psf like LS in D11 can be reach when TOP.

if there is any buyer at 1400-1600 psf better sell ...

as you can see in BT .. IR sentosa is willing to pay 2-2.2k a month for HDB to house up to 9 workers ..

can the studio in Parc Imperial ( or any MM studio) house 9 people ???

Reporter
29-11-09, 01:05
if there is any buyer at 1400-1600 psf better sell ...

as you can see in BT .. IR sentosa is willing to pay 2-2.2k a month for HDB to house up to 9 workers ..

can the studio in Parc Imperial ( or any MM studio) house 9 people ???
I posted this BT news. RWS did not say they will house up to 9 workers in a HDB flat. Please do not twist the fact.

proud owner
29-11-09, 03:29
I posted this BT news. RWS did not say they will house up to 9 workers in a HDB flat. Please do not twist the fact.

sorry i wasnt clear ..and i am not twisting any facts ,,

everyone reading the news can assume they RWS is indeed looking to house its working in the cheapest manner possible ..

for general foreign workers ..to house in HDB is logical ..

HDB allows max 9 to a 4 rom flat ...and each now asking 2-2.2k a mth .. we assume the demand will push it to 3k ..

if RWS can house 9 for 3k ..why would they spend 3k to house 1(maybe2) in a studio ?

hence i feel if there is any bids at 1400-1600 psf i would let it go

PropertiesHunter
29-11-09, 09:26
sorry i wasnt clear ..and i am not twisting any facts ,,

everyone reading the news can assume they RWS is indeed looking to house its working in the cheapest manner possible ..

for general foreign workers ..to house in HDB is logical ..

HDB allows max 9 to a 4 rom flat ...and each now asking 2-2.2k a mth .. we assume the demand will push it to 3k ..

if RWS can house 9 for 3k ..why would they spend 3k to house 1(maybe2) in a studio ?

hence i feel if there is any bids at 1400-1600 psf i would let it go

Thanks for your concern, but I have a good news for PI resident is some big company looking to rent 5 studios or more in a row for the same project near PP MRT for executive staffs and above.

HDB are for General workers to stay.

richwang
29-11-09, 10:34
Let's do the math from the customer's view:
A construction worker earns about S$1k per month;
An executive / profersional (couple) earns S$5k -S$10k per month. So spending S$2k - S$4k to rent a nice place like Parc Imperial is reasonable.

Now let's do the math from the owner's view:
HDB price is about S$300 - S$500 psf;
Nice condo studio price is about S$1000 - S$1600 psf.

They are simplely different market segment.

proud owner
29-11-09, 11:46
Let's do the math from the customer's view:
A construction worker earns about S$1k per month;
An executive / profersional (couple) earns S$5k -S$10k per month. So spending S$2k - S$4k to rent a nice place like Parc Imperial is reasonable.

Now let's do the math from the owner's view:
HDB price is about S$300 - S$500 psf;
Nice condo studio price is about S$1000 - S$1600 psf.

They are simplely different market segment.

i totally agree

but if C&H's number is any good ..
20/80 pct , foreigner vs local employees ...and 20 pct of 10000 worker = 2000 foreigners .. 10 pct of which is supervisor .. and 10 pct of supervisor is manager = 20

so only 20 out of 10000 workers can afford to rent a studio at 2.5-3k a mth

so how many studio owners of the project is lucky enuff to rent to these 20 managers ?

thats my concern

of course i hope all 20 will rent Parc imperial ... but there are other condos available ..bigger than studio going at 3k for 2, maybe 3 bedrooms

proud owner
29-11-09, 11:53
Thanks for your concern, but I have a good news for PI resident is some big company looking to rent 5 studios or more in a row for the same project near PP MRT for executive staffs and above.

HDB are for General workers to stay.

thats good news ...

but only for 5 owners of the project

in fact ... you might want to bang on another prospect ..

behind PSA building ..all the warehouses have been torn down to build office buildings ..
once economy picks up ..you can expect more expats there .. these expats will be the one to rent studio at PP area.. not IR

richwang
29-11-09, 12:16
If you know there are 1000 Ph D working in A*Star and each is paid S$100K+ per year, you will know why a Studio in One North is asking for S$3k-4k per month.

I know a lot of people working in Science Park, they are not managers, but making S$100K+ per year. There are easily more than 1000 of them.

Take a look at The Peak, 4 bed-room is asking for S$13k - S$15k per month.
So a studio at Parc Imperial can reasonable ask for S$2k - S$4k per month.

PropertiesHunter
01-12-09, 21:05
So long is the demand for studio saLE & RENTAL is peaking up. So PI stand a good chance of being near to MRT and new project. lOCATIO WIN IT ALL.

jwong71
01-12-09, 21:16
Hmm,my previous 2 tenants from Melville park,in Simei. Were bankers,at collay quay/raffles place. Each paid 1.1k for the 2bedder rental. They LL travel far,to work everyday. After all,they can pocket the differences from their housing allowances.

I would think affordability,in crucial times like this.

orange
01-12-09, 21:21
lumpar unnerstand? if parc imperial is $4k a month, my sail studio with bay view can rent for $8k liao. maybe the toilet can rent for $3k.

proud owner
01-12-09, 22:02
So long is the demand for studio saLE & RENTAL is peaking up. So PI stand a good chance of being near to MRT and new project. lOCATIO WIN IT ALL.

yes

i believe there will be demand at some point .. but if theres any, it will not be from IR Sentosa ..

i recall people rushing to buy PI, on the back of 'demand from IR' at that time ..

i still dont think so .. PI may be next to a MRT station..but its a residential area, with little amenities .. at most some shopping in Haw Par (if any) .. i believe the MRT station there is to service potential tourists visiting Haw Par villa in the future .. not to build that area into some hub with shopping complex etc ..

also, White Villas ..terrace houses , barely 150 m from PI ..pretty new houses ..3-4 bedroom ..at least 3000 sqft asking 5.8k rental (negotiable) .. i dont see why even 3k at PI for a studio is good value ..

4.5-5k can get 2000 sqft at Flynn park , opposite Pasir panjang station..got existing food court ..

3-4k can get 1300 sqft (at least) 3 bedroom) at Banyan condo, Bayville, Sarhad ville , Vista park ..

there are many choices ..

up pasir panjang hill ..kentview, Le hill ...nice and quiet ..

what make PI, bounded by pasir panjang road and west coast high way more attractive ?

these are my thoughts ..

richwang
03-12-09, 15:26
If we provide you the following, how much you'd like to pay for a studio per month?

1) Breakfast (with one different disk everyday);
2) Serviced room (morning cleaning and evening turn down service);
3) Laundry (50% discount compared with market rate);
4) Weekly outing (Malaysia trip, running, hill climbing, etc with 20% discount);
5) Car rental (20% discount since the train line will be ready one year later than the building);
6) Golf (20% discount at Maria Bay course);
7) NUS Club access (maybe);
8) 15% discount at any Pasir Panjang Village restaurant and Yes center.

Staying in a studio, you can still enjoy 6 star services. Singles or young couples may find a NEW studio more attractive than some of the OLD bigger space.

Once again, it is different market segment.

PS. I am happy to pay S$66 - S$130 per day for a full serviced studio. That is S$2k - S$4k.

proud owner
04-12-09, 01:41
If we provide you the following, how much you'd like to pay for a studio per month?

4) Weekly outing (Malaysia trip, running, hill climbing, etc with 20% discount);
5) Car rental (20% discount since the train line will be ready one year later than the building);

Staying in a studio, you can still enjoy 6 star services. Singles or young couples may find a NEW studio more attractive than some of the OLD bigger space.

PS. I am happy to pay S$66 - S$130 per day for a full serviced studio. That is S$2k - S$4k.

if theres such a condo with such services ..yes then its worth it ..

housewife
04-12-09, 10:17

PS. I am happy to pay S$66 - S$130 per day for a full serviced studio. That is S$2k - S$4k. agree. it's mostly the service that's worth the extra rental, like a service apartment. but need quite a few units to share the services to make profit. if i were to run this business, i would probably rent/buy a few cheaper and older units and do simple renovation. whether there're older studios available in the same area is a different question

jwong71
04-12-09, 10:25
agree. it's mostly the service that's worth the extra rental, like a service apartment. but need quite a few units to share the services to make profit. if i were to run this business, i would probably rent/buy a few cheaper and older units and do simple renovation. whether there're older studios available in the same area is a different question

Melville park,I seen some serviced apt units original 2bedder,to a 3bedder (living room). Done away the living hall.
With proper partition and a door. That is lagi profitable.

Normal rental 2bedder 2.2k-2.4k.
Based on daily average $80x 30days(x 3rooms)= 7.2k

housewife
04-12-09, 11:29
Melville park,I seen some serviced apt units original 2bedder,to a 3bedder (living room). Done away the living hall.
With proper partition and a door. That is lagi profitable.
Normal rental 2bedder 2.2k-2.4k.
Based on daily average $80x 30days(x 3rooms)= 7.2k

exactly that's most profitable for long term if owner take the trouble to renovate and provide service, but still need to subtract away cost of services like maid etc. for normal renting, owner doesn't need to do much after tenant moves in. so the additional rental, partly should be paid for owner's work to guarantee service.

PropertiesHunter
05-12-09, 13:42
Last 2 studio transaction at 550K for 398sqft. If u have brought it before Public launch, u already profit a 8% increase in less than half yr.

Result speak for itself. Hopefully we can reach 20% by TOP. Hang on PI resident.

richwang
06-12-09, 17:30
URA latest data:

398 sqft, S$550,000, 1381 psf, Oct-09

This will set a benchmark for future transactions.

Cheers!

stalingrad
07-12-09, 13:10
URA latest data:

398 sqft, S$550,000, 1381 psf, Oct-09

This will set a benchmark for future transactions.

Cheers!
Nothing to cheer for. it just doesn't make any sense to own such chicken coop units. the rich expats will not rent any of these tiny units. the poor ones cannot afford the rent you are charging. they can pay at most 1k or 1.5k per month. At such rates, the net rental yield (after maintenance fee) is very very low, less than 3%.

Don't cheer too early. things that appear to make little sense usually do.

stalingrad
07-12-09, 13:17

poor IR workers makes very little money, they don't need any of these services. The rich ones don't want to suffocate in such a chicken coop. who can you rent your chicken coop to, I am wondering.

Besides these services don't come cheap for the owners. I have nothing to say other than "hare brain"

xebay11
07-12-09, 15:35
Nothing to cheer for. it just doesn't make any sense to own such chicken coop units. the rich expats will not rent any of these tiny units. the poor ones cannot afford the rent you are charging. they can pay at most 1k or 1.5k per month. At such rates, the net rental yield (after maintenance fee) is very very low, less than 3%.

Don't cheer too early. things that appear to make little sense usually do.

You seem to have a grudge against ppl whose property appreciates or gives good yield (percieved or real).....I sense jealousy.

PropertiesHunter
10-12-09, 21:28
You seem to have a grudge against ppl whose property appreciates or gives good yield (percieved or real).....I sense jealousy.

He always keep condemm other projects accept his cara*** the ugly duckling haha

PropertiesHunter
09-03-10, 13:18
PI residents ready to get TOP soon in late April or May 2010

Price already shoot to 1500psf for MM units

pearly
09-03-10, 14:03
PI residents ready to get TOP soon in late April or May 2010

Price already shoot to 1500psf for MM units

The most recent done:

253 Pasir Panjang Road #04-05 Freehold $1,401 398 $558k 11-Feb-10

253 Pasir Panjang Road #05-06 Freehold $1,467 409 $600k 19-Feb-10

and their corresponding transaction during launch

253 Pasir Panjang Road #04-05 Freehold $1,260 398 $501k 13-Jul-09

253 Pasir Panjang Road #05-06 Freehold $1,222 409 $500k 29-Jul-09

richwang
19-03-10, 11:02
Just got the lawyer's letter and confirmed it will TOP in May/June.

Can I start to rent it now?

How much should I ask for? S$2k / month?

Thanks,

mcmlxxvi
19-03-10, 12:00

Thanks,

What size is your unit? 398sf? Ask 3k lor...

PropertiesHunter
21-03-10, 07:49
Shot pass 600k liao

05-16 studio is sold at 620k 3-4 weeks ago, 04-03 sold at 590k 2 weeks.

So I can sell my top flr studios above 650k upon TOP WITH SEAVIEW NO WEST SUN

DC33_2008
21-03-10, 10:04
Shot pass 600k liao

What do you see besides the sea from this development? Are you able to see the refineries from here?

victorchoo
21-03-10, 10:24
Shot pass 600k liao

what seaview u talking abt?? this is a 5-storey high project. Not a 50-storey project.

No west sun means got morning sun? unless your buyer is angmos who appreciate alfresco breakfast in the morning sun, else....

*PS: i'm not trying to play down your unit. but sometimes we need to do some reality check.

richwang
21-03-10, 23:11
what seaview u talking abt?? this is a 5-storey high project. Not a 50-storey project.

No west sun means got morning sun? unless your buyer is angmos who appreciate alfresco breakfast in the morning sun, else....

*PS: i'm not trying to play down your unit. but sometimes we need to do some reality check.

I don't own the top unit. But yes, there is sea view for the top unit!
I went to the Pasir Panjang Hill - the empty land for FEO Horizon. It is almost the same height as Parc Imperial top unit. The sea view is very clear!
The refiners are too far to see. But the port heavy machines are in sight. I guess they will be shifted in 20 years time to Jurong Island. So that's not the concern.
I guess the sea view will eventually be blocked by the 99-year high raise buildings opposite the highway. Just look at Reflection, the Vision, or the whole 99-year at East Coast. I guess 20 years down the road, the landscape of West Coast will be high raise 99-year along the sea, and hopefully low raise along Pasir Panjang Road. Just my guess.
Thanks,

DC33_2008
21-03-10, 23:20
I don't own the top unit. But yes, there is sea view for the top unit!
I went to the Pasir Panjang Hill - the empty land for FEO Horizon. It is almost the same height as Parc Imperial top unit. The sea view is very clear!
The refiners are too far to see. But the port heavy machines are in sight. I guess they will be shifted in 20 years time to Jurong Island. So that's not the concern.
I guess the sea view will eventually be blocked by the 99-year high raise buildings opposite the highway. Just look at Reflection, the Vision, or the whole 99-year at East Coast. I guess 20 years down the road, the landscape of West Coast will be high raise 99-year along the sea, and hopefully low raise along Pasir Panjang Road. Just my guess.
Thanks,

I am not sure if the port will move as the container port activity will increase as those from tanjong pager will be moved here. You may not be able to see the refinery, but the soot from the flaring will reach the land with the north easterly wind. Jurong island is not too far from here too. Do you know why all the chemical plant is moved to this island? Think again.

richwang
21-03-10, 23:29
I am not sure if the port will move as the container port activity will increase as those from tanjong pager will be moved here. You may not be able to see the refinery, but the soot from the flaring will reach the land with the north easterly wind. Jurong island is not too far from here too. Do you know why all the chemical plant is moved to this island? Think again.

I am confused by the port move plan now. I thought Tanjong Pager will move to Jurong Island? So they are actually moving to Pasir Panjang?

Will the nuclear plant also be in Jurong Island? I hope that will indeed reduce the chemical.

Thanks,

richwang
21-03-10, 23:37
Hi all,
After spending a few hundred dollars and days of work, the site is up for a couple of months now, but it is not active at all. So I will shutdown the site in 6 month's time.

http://parcimperial.sg/

Pls let me know if anyone has any objections. I won't have enough time to manage that site. I guess out source it to some It company will cost about S$1k per month.

Thanks,
Richard

ParcImperial
22-03-10, 12:02

Thanks,

are u not setting rental at 6+ psf?

Desperado1967
29-04-10, 19:05
I have an offer for my unit at $700k (482 sq ft). Wonder I should sell it.

Any advise?

proud owner
30-04-10, 01:30
I have an offer for my unit at $700k (482 sq ft). Wonder I should sell it.

Any advise?

if you are not in need of cash .. keep and rent it if the rent can cover more than the mthly cost

if you think you can have better return elsewhere, sell and reinvest

if you have children who might go NUS in the near future ..then keep

if you are happy with the profit ..sell .. invest somewhere else

personally, i am not comfy living in a small unit ..so i assume i wont be able to get a good rental ..so i would sell ..take the money and invest in a bigger unit ..somehwre else

Desperado1967
30-04-10, 03:15
if you are not in need of cash .. keep and rent it if the rent can cover more than the mthly cost

if you think you can have better return elsewhere, sell and reinvest

if you have children who might go NUS in the near future ..then keep

if you are happy with the profit ..sell .. invest somewhere else

personally, i am not comfy living in a small unit ..so i assume i wont be able to get a good rental ..so i would sell ..take the money and invest in a bigger unit ..somehwre else

The above were in my thoughts before I posted the earlier message. I was thinking to keep it for rent and sell it 20 years later for retirement funds .. :) But the profit of more than SGD100k made me think twice, hence, seeking advices from all gurus here. If I'm alone, I don't mind staying there. I have no children, so no consideration for nearby NUS. Invest somewhere else, well, we sell high and we buy high as well .. so back to square one ....

Sigh ...

proud owner
30-04-10, 03:48
The above were in my thoughts before I posted the earlier message. I was thinking to keep it for rent and sell it 20 years later for retirement funds .. :) But the profit of more than SGD100k made me think twice, hence, seeking advices from all gurus here. If I'm alone, I don't mind staying there. I have no children, so no consideration for nearby NUS. Invest somewhere else, well, we sell high and we buy high as well .. so back to square one ....

Sigh ...

a quick search online on rental ..

Jubilee (PP area) 450 sqft asking 2.5k
One north 592 sqft asking 3.2k
Parc imperial various sizes asking ave 2.5k
vista park 760 sqft asking 2.2k

once TOP there will be many, apart from yourself , looking to rent out .. there will be a small fight there ..so you may undercut and end up renting out between 1.8-2.0k ..just to secure a rental ..

now will 1.8-2.0k cover your mortgage + maintenance ?

Desperado1967
30-04-10, 12:42
What is the maintenance fees per month for Parc Imperial? Has it been confirmed? OMG! I was expecting up to SGD3k rental ... :doh:

jwong71
30-04-10, 20:41
a quick search online on rental ..

Jubilee (PP area) 450 sqft asking 2.5k
One north 592 sqft asking 3.2k
Parc imperial various sizes asking ave 2.5k
vista park 760 sqft asking 2.2k

once TOP there will be many, apart from yourself , looking to rent out .. there will be a small fight there ..so you may undercut and end up renting out between 1.8-2.0k ..just to secure a rental ..

now will 1.8-2.0k cover your mortgage + maintenance ?

Previously my vista park 797sqft,rented at 2k to a japanese guy working as researcher in NUH...

ParcImperial
28-05-10, 13:56
TOP expected in first week of Jun .

richwang
20-06-10, 02:40
TOP expected in first week of Jun .

When can we get the keys? Will all the owners get the keys on the same day? If I use CPF to pay, will it take longer to process?
Thanks,
Richard
PS. I will shut down the site www.parcimperail.sg (http://www.parcimperail.sg) due to low traffic.

devilplate
20-06-10, 10:57
for those 1st owners who loved PI especially after receiving the keys...dun sell bcoz u will nvr ever buy back at ur original price. even at 700k, profit less den 200k...

at 500k, 2k rental is sufficient, dun worry:D

richwang
21-06-10, 10:04
for those 1st owners who loved PI especially after receiving the keys...dun sell bcoz u will nvr ever buy back at ur original price. even at 700k, profit less den 200k...

There is no such thing as "never". If there is a big property market crash, the price can easily drop below the original price (S$1200 psf). It could be as low as S$1000 psf. If you feel like to sell it, just do it.

I am still holding it because I work in Science Park, and my son might get into NUS. But if the market starts to drop, I am open to sell.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
13-07-10, 10:26
The project has just TOP. According to the document, the developer submitted the application in May, so it takes about 2 months for authorities to inspect. Maybe too many projects rushing for TOP.

By the way, the latest URA transaction shows S$1514 psf for a unit of 398 sqft. Total price paid was S$603K. For a rental yield of 4%, the monthly rental will be S$2k.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
13-07-10, 10:37
There is no such thing as "never". If there is a big property market crash, the price can easily drop below the original price (S$1200 psf). It could be as low as S$1000 psf. If you feel like to sell it, just do it.

I am still holding it because I work in Science Park, and my son might get into NUS. But if the market starts to drop, I am open to sell.

Thanks,
Richard

for such MM sized units....quantum is so so low and how to drop below original cost...i can confidently say NVR....at most u can buy back at their breakeven prices.

if u haf been actively looking for firesale last yr jan to May...u will agree with me:D

many big sized units on firesale especially in those prime areas last yr....

ParcImperial
15-07-10, 11:42
By the way, the latest URA transaction shows S$1514 psf for a unit of 398 sqft. Total price paid was S$603K. For a rental yield of 4%, the monthly rental will be S$2k.

Thanks,
Richard

I think the rental yield of 4% was oversimplified. One has to consider other incurred expenses e.g. rental tax, property tax and management fees. The rental tax can erode the nett yield quite significantly.

devilplate
15-07-10, 12:11
for FH...above 3% nett yield consider not bad liao...

99LH nid to be above 4% nett yield

ParcImperial
15-07-10, 12:19
for FH...above 3% nett yield consider not bad liao...

99LH nid to be above 4% nett yield

Yes, i agree.

On another note, i am considering converting the property to tenancy-in-common with my wife. The idea is to save on rental tax by allocating more of the rental income to my wife, who has a lower annual income than me. We are in a taxation bracket.
I started a new thread on this:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=101652#post101652

Would anyone advise if this is sound?

devilplate
15-07-10, 12:30
Yes, i agree.

On another note, i am considering converting the property to tenancy-in-common with my wife. The idea is to save on rental tax by allocating more of the rental income to my wife, who has a lower annual income than me. We are in a taxation bracket.

will involved some cost and legal fees...not worth it...how much tax can u save? not unless u took 50% loan and ur rental more den 5k...if not very insignificant savings

stalingrad
15-07-10, 12:47
will involved some cost and legal fees...not worth it...how much tax can u save? not unless u took 50% loan and ur rental more den 5k...if not very insignificant savings

agreed. MM condo, MM rental income, MM rental tax, MM rental tax savings. why bother?

If one owns a big good class bungalow, then it would be interesting to talk about how to lower tax burdens.

ParcImperial
15-07-10, 13:12
agreed. MM condo, MM rental income, MM rental tax, MM rental tax savings. why bother?

If one owns a big good class bungalow, then it would be interesting to talk about how to lower tax burdens.

Our dearest stalingrad,
Let's see what wisdom you are capable of. Picking up from your "big good class bungalow" scenario, how can the owner lower his taxation?
I look forward to your enlightenment.

ParcImperial
15-07-10, 14:11
When can we get the keys? Will all the owners get the keys on the same day? If I use CPF to pay, will it take longer to process?
Thanks,
Richard
PS. I will shut down the site www.parcimperail.sg (http://www.parcimperail.sg) due to low traffic.

TOP was obtained on 12/7/2010.
Key collection can be done once all payments been made: 15% + 6mth maintenance fees + conveyance fee (~$400).
It can be as soon as next week. But for those who are not so cash rich and paying the 15% balance, the bottle neck would be the disbursement of the loan to the developer.

Owners should expect to receive a letter from their lawyers today/tomorrow!

chestnut
15-07-10, 14:14
Yes, i agree.

If you are in the 20% bracket. Assumption : net 20k pa rental (after deducting interest, etc...)

In joint- 50/50 , you will pay additional 10kx20% = 2k on tax

In tenancy in common - assume 20/80. your rental will be 20% of 20k = 4k.
you pay 4kx20% = 0.8k.

Savings of 1.2k. you will then need to compute your wifey's tax and finally you will know if your tax savings substantiate this move.

The only tricky part here is in the event of divorce- she gets 80%(assumption of 80%- up to you to allocate via lawyer) of the property.

So do your calculations well.

ParcImperial
15-07-10, 14:30
If you are in the 20% bracket. Assumption : net 20k pa rental (after deducting interest, etc...)

In joint- 50/50 , you will pay additional 10kx20% = 2k on tax

In tenancy in common - assume 20/80. your rental will be 20% of 20k = 4k. you pay 4kx20% = 0.8k.
Savings of 1.2k. you will then need to compute your wifey's tax and finally you will know if your tax savings substantiate this move.
The only tricky part here is in the event of divorce- she gets 80%(assumption of 80%- up to you to allocate via lawyer) of the property.

So do your calculations well.

Thank you, chestnut!

So, can i say that other than the legal complications, tenancy-in-common does help some savings (although the sigficance of it varies to different ppl)? And the computations are as straightforward as you have illustrated above?
Am thinking of the bigger savings if my wife stops working.

chestnut
15-07-10, 14:42
Thank you, chestnut!

So, can i say that other than the legal complications, tenancy-in-common does help some savings (although the sigficance of it varies to different ppl)? And the computations are as straightforward as you have illustrated above?
Am thinking of the bigger savings if my wife stops working.

Yup. There is definitely savings involved. Depends on your tax bracket. Wifey's can claim a lot of stuff - kids, maid, etc.. So wifey's taxable income tends to be a lot lower. Can you imagine 30k (50/50) of rent and paying 20% tax equates to 6k of tax. But you really need to do your computations and also see if the legal charges are worth it. CPF housing payment not affected. Hope this helps.

stalingrad
19-07-10, 13:07
No way to make money out of these MM units. Read this article:
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Mousey+apartments+still+a+hit+here/

devilplate
19-07-10, 13:24
No way to make money out of these MM units. Read this article:
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Mousey+apartments+still+a+hit+here/

depend on location...some MM unit fetching 2.5k...but those r slightly bigger ard 450-500sqft

those below 400sqft ones mabe 1.8k

cashrich
20-07-10, 07:38

That's right... there's always a critical point. If you pass the critical point, don't sell and it will be a sure winner. The longer you hold, the bigger the win.

If you need cash, do it early when the cash outlay is low and the cash returns higher. very good point!

ParcImperial
20-07-10, 13:09
depend on location...some MM unit fetching 2.5k...but those r slightly bigger ard 450-500sqft

those below 400sqft ones mabe 1.8k

I have already received an offer for my Parc Imperial unit at $2.4k per mth.
I have not accepted the offer as it is slightly below my target. Since i have not collected the keys yet, i can affored to wait for other offers for another 1-2 weeks :)

I should add that my unit is smaller than 450 sqft.

mcmlxxvi
20-07-10, 15:19
I have not accepted the offer as it is slightly below my target. Since i have not collected the keys yet, i can affored to wait for other offers for another 1-2 weeks :)

WELL DONE up up up and away for MM units yield!

cashrich
20-07-10, 15:28

ParcImperial Singing praises for ParcImperial. What the Fark!

Might as well say I have ready tenants pitching tents at park waiting to rent my less than 500 sqf at $5k a month.

Be more creative with your nick!

cashrich
20-07-10, 15:36

Thanks,
Richard

only correct in the sense that all other properties in Singapore would also fall too.

If that is the case, Singapore must be at a state of war or something really bad has happened. The worst case scenario is not a likely scenario. Even if that happens, whe you have holding power, you live another day to see its next peak again.

Inflation and lack of resources will push up property prices no matter what. When there's a crash, it is propertism's natural behaviour to eat up those who are weak in their holding power. The rule of "Survival of the fittest". If you are sick or weak, no need major market crash, you will die on your own.

jlrx
20-07-10, 16:28
only correct in the sense that all other properties in Singapore would also fall too.

If that is the case, Singapore must be at a state of war or something really bad has happened. The worst case scenario is not a likely scenario. Even if that happens, whe you have holding power, you live another day to see its next peak again.

Inflation and lack of resources will push up property prices no matter what. When there's a crash, it is propertism's natural behaviour to eat up those who are weak in their holding power. The rule of "Survival of the fittest". If you are sick or weak, no need major market crash, you will die on your own.

PROPERTISM!!!

All Great Religions suffer persecution. The greater the religion, the greater the degree of persecution suffered by its believers.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Anyone who needs inspiration from the Great PROPERTISM religion, especially those who keep quoting Bishan 8, Duchess Residences and Japan Real Estate can take heart from the most unlucky property buyer in Singapore's history.

18 January 08 The Strait Times
by Radha Basu

This grande dame is ready to shine again

http://www.tanfoundation.com.sg/Images/Mansion_01.gif

A COLONIAL-ERA mansion in Cairnhill Road has emerged from a makeover, ready for the next chapter of its history.

Four years and $3 million in renovations have turned the Tan Chin Tuan Mansion into a venue for the charitable Tan Chin Tuan Foundation to host events for its partners and beneficiaries.

The works have added, atop the old house, a 20-storey condominium, the design for which was conceived by the late banker and philanthropist.

The renovations have been completed on time to mark the centenary of the birth of the former OCBC Bank chairman, who died in 2005. The house itself, the family home, fuses colonial architecture and Peranakan influences. The Straits Times was given a preview of the place, now a treasure trove of artefacts linked to Mr Tan's life.

In the chandeliered living-cum-dining room on the ground floor, a 12-seater dining table holds pride of place. It was where he entertained former presidents Benjamin Sheares, Ong Teng Cheong and Wee Kim Wee.

The walls in the house are adorned with photographs and memorabilia, including his marriage certificate dated 1926 and a yellowed newspaper clipping announcing his marriage to Helene Wee. More recent artefacts include a hard hat he wore to supervise the construction of the OCBC Centre and his Order of the British Empire medal.

Upstairs, his wooden desk sits in an alcove, and on it are a decades-old magnifying glass, an ornate paperweight and a 1926 edition of Webster's dictionary. His handwritten diaries have also been preserved.

The restoration has been a labour of love for the family, said Ms Chew Gek Khim, 46, one of the granddaughters who oversaw the project.

Built in the 1920s as the home of entrepreneur and philanthropist Tan Kah Kee, the house was bought by Mr Tan Chin Tuan just before World War II broke out in 1939.

When Mr Tan and his family were forced overseas during the Japanese Occupation, the house was taken over by Japanese generals. They gave away all the furniture in the three years they were there from 1942. By the time they left the house, vanquished in the war, all that was left was a wooden chair, now on display.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/MansionChair.jpg

The entire project to a large extent reflects Mr Tan's 'philosophy of life', in that while history always has a place, it cannot hinder progress, explained Ms Chew, who is also deputy chairman of the foundation.

Asked for his reaction to the mix of old and new in the look of the place, conservation activist Terence Hong acknowledged that many like him were initially apprehensive about whether the condo would mar the history of the place.

He said: 'In the end, the project turned out beautifully, marrying the old with the new and remaining useful and relevant at the same time.'

http://www.tanfoundation.com.sg/Images/Mansion_03.gif

bargain hunter
20-07-10, 16:46
i agree but the whole idea is must be careful of what to buy, doesn't mean buy anything also can.

PROPERTISM!!!

All Great Religions suffer persecution. The greater the religion, the greater the degree of persecution suffered by its believers.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Anyone who needs inspiration from the Great PROPERTISM religion, especially those who keep quoting Bishan 8, Duchess Residences and Japan Real Estate can take heart from the most unlucky property buyer in Singapore's history.

http://www.tanfoundation.com.sg/Images/Mansion_03.gif

cashrich
20-07-10, 16:56
profound insight from bargain hunter, he is a hunter alright

What to buy =
1. price factor,
2. time factor,
3. quality factor,
4. potential gain factor,
5. developer facto
6. economy factor and
7. Buyer Factor to choose the best one for his needs.
All added up =
1. right project bought at the
2. right time at the
3. right price and the
4. right place by
5. right people sold by
6. right agents with
7. right law firm
Everything done right. Including selling if needed!

stalingrad
20-07-10, 17:15
yes, one should be careful about what to buy. but with interest rates so low, every condo, however good or however bad, can find buyers. Even such lousy buys as parc imperial at such ridiculously high prices can find buyers and prices keep going higher.

This recovery has made singaporeans throw caution to the wind and start splurging again on condos. and many of them have made millions. so, where is the incentive to be prudent?

cashrich
20-07-10, 17:28
yes, one should be careful about what to buy. but with interest rates so low, every condo, however good or however bad, can find buyers. Even such lousy buys as parc imperial at such ridiculously high prices can find buyers and prices keep going higher.

This recovery has made singaporeans throw caution to the wind and start splurging again on condos. and many of them have made millions. so, where is the incentive to be prudent?

Good advice. Something different from your usual criticims. Keep it going.. whee whee!

plan
20-07-10, 17:48
I don't own Parc Imperial but I see that it is has many good points and not lousy at all. Those are the points I would value when buying property.

When coming to property buying - it's Location & location, amenities and freehold!
and Parc Imperial has it all!

Parc Imperial is just a stone throw (less than 1-2 min walk or about 50-100m!!) to the upcoming MRT (Haw Par station opening in early 2011) and it is a underground station in a quiet neighborhood, and just 2 stops to VivoCity :).
Across the road is the Yves Center with all the amenities and restaurants.
And it's Freehold!

ParcImperial
21-07-10, 17:39
ParcImperial Singing praises for ParcImperial. What the Fark!

Might as well say I have ready tenants pitching tents at park waiting to rent my less than 500 sqf at $5k a month.

Be more creative with your nick!

Stay cool, cashrich ...

I was merely stating a fact regarding the tenant's offer.
Personally, i value diversity. It's perfectly ok that we hold polarising opinions. We do have to be mindful the difference between opinions and facts.

I should add that i am glad that my nick is getting someone's attention...

ParcImperial
21-07-10, 17:55
I don't own Parc Imperial but I see that it is has many good points and not lousy at all. Those are the points I would value when buying property.

When coming to property buying - it's Location & location, amenities and freehold!

Parc Imperial is just a stone throw (less than 1-2 min walk or about 50-100m!!) to the upcoming MRT (Haw Par station opening in early 2011) and it is a underground station in a quiet neighborhood, and just 2 stops to VivoCity :).
And it's Freehold!

The pity part is that they are re-developing the Village Centre... It will be pulled down and rebuilt as a condominium with shop spaces on the first floor and in its basement.

devilplate
21-07-10, 18:15

And it's Freehold!

actually tat area dun hf much amenities lah...

but city fringe location+FH+near MRT=not bad liao. the only problem is all MM units within the development. but statistics had shown tat MM+MRT=good rental yield....do actual groundwork which i did....dun just merely listen to hearsays. some say too many MM units TOP in future...rent to who....well future is always unpredictable:D

but i still prefer 500sqft 1bedder with proper bedroom....cant really accept 3xxsqft studios....seems smaller den a hotel room:D

rattydrama
22-07-10, 15:37
The pity part is that they are re-developing the Village Centre... It will be pulled down and rebuilt as a condominium with shop spaces on the first floor and in its basement.

Understand this new condo is of mixed development called VIVA VISTA @ Pasir Panjang. It comes with 134 units and shops at level 1, 5 sty development. Estimated sizes are from 1BR 388sq ft, 1BR+study 527sq ft and 2BR 689 to 990 sq ft. Prices are from $1300 psf to $1500 psf.

gohsoonk
22-07-10, 22:00
This is really getting irrational. What kind of development only has units below 1000 sq ft? What's more at such prices...

Understand this new condo is of mixed development called VIVA VISTA @ Pasir Panjang. It comes with 134 units and shops at level 1, 5 sty development. Estimated sizes are from 1BR 388sq ft, 1BR+study 527sq ft and 2BR 689 to 990 sq ft. Prices are from $1300 psf to $1500 psf.

proud owner
22-07-10, 22:16
This is really getting irrational. What kind of development only has units below 1000 sq ft? What's more at such prices...

developers are seeing alot of influx of singles ... and more and more young singaporeans are moving out of their parents' home to live alone .. ????

and they will stay Single forever ??

and when/if they do get married .. there arent many big units available ..

in 30 yrs all the MM condos will be enbloc to build mini-MM condos

thats Singapore in 2040

jlrx
22-07-10, 22:28
developers are seeing alot of influx of singles ... and more and more young singaporeans are moving out of their parents' home to live alone .. ????

thats Singapore in 2040

http://www.markdroberts.com/images/mickey-mouse-head-2.jpghttp://bedding.awestores.com/images/MickeyMouseBeddingButton.jpg

rattydrama
22-07-10, 23:11

thats Singapore in 2040

I cannot imagine staying in MM unit of 388sq ft, so little living space. Are we promoting single-hood now? Is our gov going to step in and put a full stop of such tiny development? Is it liveable at all?

proud owner
22-07-10, 23:19
I cannot imagine staying in MM unit of 388sq ft, so little living space. Are we promoting single-hood now? Is our gov going to step in and put a full stop of such tiny development? Is it liveable at all?

Icon at tanjong pagar ..when launched, was targetting the Pink dollars ...

it was quite a success ..

so what do you think ?

forget 3 tier generations .. forget Confucius teaching .. just learn the language ..

rattydrama
22-07-10, 23:38
Icon at tanjong pagar ..when launched, was targetting the Pink dollars ...

it was quite a success ..

so what do you think ?

forget 3 tier generations .. forget Confucius teaching .. just learn the language ..

icon itself has got good facilities and views, this tinny is only 5sty. My fren got the 2BR at $900+psf for icon now renting 4.2K

the only plus point I can think of this is that there may not have many 388 sqft condos around this area so there might be demand but that remains to be seen how such small unit can sustain in a long run. I will be very sick to face the 4 walls every night.

If I buy would purely for investment and quickly sell once target profits met.

It is not really within walking distance from MRT as well.

plan
23-07-10, 00:58
icon itself has got good facilities and views, this tinny is only 5sty. My fren got the 2BR at $900+psf for icon now renting 4.2K

the only plus point I can think of this is that there may not have many 388 sqft condos around this area so there might be demand but that remains to be seen how such small unit can sustain in a long run. I will be very sick to face the 4 walls every night.

If I buy would purely for investment and quickly sell once target profits met.

It is not really within walking distance from MRT as well.

Hi,

I think you did not do your research or did it incorrectly!!
DO NOT SPREAD INCORRECT FACTS.
Parc Imperial is just literally next door to the Haw Par/West Coast UNDERGROUND MRT station of the upcoming circle line extension opening in end 2010 or early 2011.
It is just 1 stop to NUS/Kent ridge station, and 3 stops to VivoCity Station, and 2 stops to One-North.

Also, such small footage apartments are common places in Hong Kong, Japan and NY city, and more and more globalized cities in the future.
In Hong Kong for example, it is common place for FAMILIES (NOT SINGLES!) to live in such apartments of less than 500sqft.
So just be open as Singapore become more globalized inevitably.

proud owner
23-07-10, 02:21
Hi,

Parc Imperial is just literally next door to the Haw Par/West Coast UNDERGROUND MRT station of the upcoming circle line extension opening in end 2010 or early 2011.
It is just 1 stop to NUS/Kent ridge station, and 3 stops to VivoCity Station, and 2 stops to One-North.

Also, such small footage apartments are common places in Hong Kong, Japan and NY city, and more and more globalized cities in the future.
In Hong Kong for example, it is common place for FAMILIES (NOT SINGLES!) to live in such apartments of less than 500sqft.

i thought its 4 ??

pasir panjang station ( opposite Yew siang Rd) , Labrador stn, Telok Blangah Stn, then Vivo ..

am i right ?

devilplate
23-07-10, 02:32
aiya, dun like Mm unit...hoot big big units la...small leads to lower quantum, higher holding power. big balls hoot big big units lah...lower rental yield and must have strong holding power....low risk low gain...high risk high gain mah.

some hybrid ones can choose average sized units lah...in between mah...:D :D :D

rattydrama
23-07-10, 09:10
Hi,

The post was in response to a new project viva vista @ Pasir Panjang which is not near MRT.

rattydrama
23-07-10, 09:33
i thought its 4 ??

pasir panjang station ( opposite Yew siang Rd) , Labrador stn, Telok Blangah Stn, then Vivo ..

am i right ?

ya 4. West Coast should be Har Par Villa now.

http://www.singaporepropertymarket.com/future_mrt_lrt_system_map.htm

http://www.singaporepropertymarket.com/images/Future_MRT_LRT_SystemMap.jpg

teddybear
23-07-10, 09:41
Can anyone confirm whether they are opening the Haw Par station when that line is completed? I remember previously the plan is just an empty shell just like Woodsville MRT station?

Hi,

rattydrama
23-07-10, 09:51
aiya, dun like Mm unit...hoot big big units la...small leads to lower quantum, higher holding power. big balls hoot big big units lah...lower rental yield and must have strong holding power....low risk low gain...high risk high gain mah.

some hybrid ones can choose average sized units lah...in between mah...:D :D :D

Fundamentally, SG still have abundance of land parcels and HDB units still within liveable sizes. I do not think that our near future say 20 years all of us will be in MM units as there are choices for people of different budgets.

MM units only cater to certain type of people, mostly singles and non singaporeans working in SG. Family? erm......

I think it is only sensible to get a reasonable size unit, freehold, good location which one have the option for own stay, rent out while waiting for the property to appreciate its values.

If you have extra cash, invest in MM unit but in the longer term it is better to place bet on a reasonable size units (2BR of 1000 sq ft) cos we do not know how many MM units is going to be built thus far.

At least with a sizable unit, one can have the option to rent out to single or family. :D

rattydrama
23-07-10, 09:56
Can anyone confirm whether they are opening the Haw Par station when that line is completed? I remember previously the plan is just an empty shell just like Woodsville MRT station?

I remembered I read from the Straits Times Haw Par is planned to open sometimes in late 2011. (Plan only) But I reckon should be bah ....... Haw Par is still a "tourist attraction" and there are alot of residential units in the vicinity.

Cannot think of a reason garment decides otherwise.

devilplate
23-07-10, 10:00

both r scheduled to open.

anyw doesnt affect u wat...u drive...zoom zoom:D

devilplate
23-07-10, 10:04
Fundamentally, SG still have abundance of land parcels and HDB units still within liveable sizes. I do not think that our near future say 20 years all of us will be in MM units as there are choices for people of different budgets.

MM units only cater to certain type of people, mostly singles and non singaporeans working in SG. Family? erm......

I think it is only sensible to get a reasonable size unit, freehold, good location which one have the option for own stay, rent out while waiting for the property to appreciate its values.

If you have extra cash, invest in MM unit but in the longer term it is better to place bet on a reasonable size units (2BR of 1000 sq ft) cos we do not know how many MM units is going to be built thus far.

At least with a sizable unit, one can have the option to rent out to single or family. :D

so, NOT everyone favor MM units...even in this forum, i wud say majority prefer at least a 2bedder...just bcoz some ppl in the forum r keen in MM units couple with those recently launched small MM developments, doesnt mean the majority tinks the same.

and its very gd news...if not who am i gona to sell my ppty to?:D