PDA

View Full Version : Parc Imperial

Pages : 1 [2] 3

plan
23-07-10, 10:14
The post was in response to a new project viva vista @ Pasir Panjang which is not near MRT.

OIC :doh: I am not aware of viva vista.

teddybear
23-07-10, 10:21
I drive but my kids cannot drive wah. :o

both r scheduled to open.

anyw doesnt affect u wat...u drive...zoom zoom:D

teddybear
23-07-10, 10:24
I prefer 3 BRs - good for small family or living with parents also can. Actually spacious 3BRs becoming like antique (difficult to find anymore!). Nowsadays, the 3BR at 13xx sqft their bedrooms also look so small (e.g. Residences@Eveyln, Cyan, 368 Thomson, Trilight, etc etc). Their usable space is less than the older 11xx sqft 3BRs!.

so, NOT everyone favor MM units...even in this forum, i wud say majority prefer at least a 2bedder...just bcoz some ppl in the forum r keen in MM units couple with those recently launched small MM developments, doesnt mean the majority tinks the same.

and its very gd news...if not who am i gona to sell my ppty to?:D

rattydrama
23-07-10, 15:46
I prefer 3 BRs - good for small family or living with parents also can. Actually spacious 3BRs becoming like antique (difficult to find anymore!). Nowsadays, the 3BR at 13xx sqft their bedrooms also look so small (e.g. Residences@Eveyln, Cyan, 368 Thomson, Trilight, etc etc). Their usable space is less than the older 11xx sqft 3BRs!.

I am staying in 2000sq ft HDB and enjoying every single space of it. If quarrel with hubby, at least no need to kick him out of the house, just ask him to hide in one of the 3 toilets. :p

I would prefer to get a 2BR for retirement. Thats my minimum. With Kids, I think 3BR should be the min. :-)

Working life already so stressful, prefer to get a spacious home to destress.

rattydrama
23-07-10, 15:55
OIC :doh: I am not aware of viva vista.

developer cashing on MM crazes.... Got to be careful with MM units, particularly those mini MMs. If renting out is no longer an options due to whatsoever reasons, can it be for own stay? If not, then have to wait til one day, the property appreciates or sell at a lost. But with so many units around (suppose not in D5 at the moment), it remains to be seen once MM units loses its popularity.

Just my thoughts.

devilplate
23-07-10, 16:01
developer cashing on MM crazes.... Got to be careful with MM units, particularly those mini MMs. If renting out is no longer an options due to whatsoever reasons, can it be for own stay? If not, then have to wait til one day, the property appreciates or sell at a lost. But with so many units around (suppose not in D5 at the moment), it remains to be seen once MM units loses its popularity.

Just my thoughts.

i tink 3xxsqft no matter wat still can find tenants...the question is how much only...its like a size of a master bedrm with attached toilet:D
condo master rooms r fetching 800 to close to 2k...so i tink, die die still got demand for such units...its just a matter of how much rental?:D
unless they build a pigeon hole less den 50sqft which is smaller den a common bedroom...which i dun tink govt will approve lah:D

even those 3xxsqft in geylang...sure can find tenants...but how much? hehe...but hey: 3xxsqft geylang cost ard 400k rite...let say rental 1.5k/mth..gross rental yield: 4.5%!!!! and FH somemore...or 1.5k too much?

devilplate
23-07-10, 16:03
I am staying in 2000sq ft HDB and enjoying every single space of it. If quarrel with hubby, at least no need to kick him out of the house, just ask him to hide in one of the 3 toilets. :p

I would prefer to get a 2BR for retirement. Thats my minimum. With Kids, I think 3BR should be the min. :-)

Working life already so stressful, prefer to get a spacious home to destress.

meaning to say, u aso tinking of downgrading in size....and u started from 2000sqft to mabe 1000sqft 2bedder in future

so those staying in 1000sqft downgrade to 500sqft? den 500sqft to wat? 3xxsqft MM lor. haha:D

richwang
23-07-10, 23:58
Yes, i agree.

On another note, i am considering converting the property to tenancy-in-common with my wife. The idea is to save on rental tax by allocating more of the rental income to my wife, who has a lower annual income than me. We are in a taxation bracket.
I started a new thread on this:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=101652#post101652

Would anyone advise if this is sound?

I was thinking of similar ways until my friend told a story of his friend: He put almost 100% ownership to his wife for tax saving. But a few years later, their relationiship didn't work out. And court awarded almost 100% to his wife regardless he is the only one paying the morgage. It is called gift to wife.
So it can be too expensive to play the tax saving (about 1 month's rental depending on your tax bracket.)
So reject such suggestion!

richwang
24-07-10, 00:06
Just got my 1st offer, local single lady for her own stay. S$2.5k/m for 2 years. no furnitures required.
It is a surprise to me. I was shopping for furnitures, feeling getting a new home, and planned to stay at least for one night.
But now SHE will be shopping for furniture, thinking it is HER new home!
No wonder my friend end up with own stay rather than renting out.

But I guess I will close the deal.

mcmlxxvi
24-07-10, 12:45
Just got my 1st offer, local single lady for her own stay. S$2.5k/m for 2 years. no furnitures required.
It is a surprise to me. I was shopping for furnitures, feeling getting a new home, and planned to stay at least for one night.

BRAVO! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richwang
24-07-10, 17:37

A Philippine genetlment working nearby has grabed the offer. He paid on the spot.
S$2.5k / mon for 2 years, no furniture.
But I need to buy a LG front load washer + drier.
He pays the rental by GIRO.

My unit is 495 sqf, pool facing.

Some of the smaller units, fully furnished are going at S$2.3K /mon.

cashrich
24-07-10, 18:05
blah blah blah

talk cock sing song very good..

next month exercise diplomatic clause and novate the contract.

Which owner would come in and brag? That tells u the hidden agenda.

Fcuk off with the good rental yield news on your own unit. Perhaps if it is from URA, you can share. Otherwise... hidden agenda... WTF!

devilplate
24-07-10, 18:09
quite true.... if i sold my units earning big bucks...i will not post here.

but really got units selling with tenancy...coporate lease 2.3k(those smaller studio units) but again, we can say tenants can break lease after u exercise ur option...haha:D

but really got hidden agenda, its very useless to post here....limited exposure:D

rattydrama
24-07-10, 21:43
meaning to say, u aso tinking of downgrading in size....and u started from 2000sqft to mabe 1000sqft 2bedder in future

so those staying in 1000sqft downgrade to 500sqft? den 500sqft to wat? 3xxsqft MM lor. haha:D

thinking of cashing out from leasehold since market sediment is good and keep my $ to wait for another drop.. :D Already secured a FH unit last year TOP 1Q2011.

rattydrama
24-07-10, 21:54
There is a FH terrace corner in JB of 350K bought in 1999. The rental is only 600 per month. I dont not think it is worthwhile as the return of investment is so low and you need to maintain the property as well. Tried to sell at 280K for 1 year to no avail. The ppty is still on hold.
:ashamed1:
This is the scenario I am referring. So how low is low, nobody knows but there must be a point where it must make it worthwhile to hang on to the property.

For those who has 40 ppty with deep pocket, just pass this post. :ashamed1:

i tink 3xxsqft no matter wat still can find tenants...the question is how much only...its like a size of a master bedrm with attached toilet:D
condo master rooms r fetching 800 to close to 2k...so i tink, die die still got demand for such units...its just a matter of how much rental?:D
unless they build a pigeon hole less den 50sqft which is smaller den a common bedroom...which i dun tink govt will approve lah:D

even those 3xxsqft in geylang...sure can find tenants...but how much? hehe...but hey: 3xxsqft geylang cost ard 400k rite...let say rental 1.5k/mth..gross rental yield: 4.5%!!!! and FH somemore...or 1.5k too much?

richwang
24-07-10, 21:56
blah blah blah

talk cock sing song very good..

next month exercise diplomatic clause and novate the contract.

Which owner would come in and brag? That tells u the hidden agenda.

Fcuk off with the good rental yield news on your own unit. Perhaps if it is from URA, you can share. Otherwise... hidden agenda... WTF!

Thanks for the reminder of diplomatic clause. What I understand is the clause can only be exercised after 12 months.

My customer will need to prepare a lot of money: 1 month agent fee, 2 months deposit, 1 month rental, and a few thousand for furniture. That's 10K+. When I just arrived in Singapore years back, I know how hard it was. So let's be nice to each other.

And let's try to use nice languages.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
25-07-10, 00:20
thinking of cashing out from leasehold since market sediment is good and keep my $ to wait for another drop.. :D Already secured a FH unit last year TOP 1Q2011.

HDB leasehold shd be fine rite? majority stays in HDB wor...govt will do smthing de:D

devilplate
25-07-10, 00:25
There is a FH terrace corner in JB of 350K bought in 1999. The rental is only 600 per month. I dont not think it is worthwhile as the return of investment is so low and you need to maintain the property as well. Tried to sell at 280K for 1 year to no avail. The ppty is still on hold.
This is the scenario I am referring. So how low is low, nobody knows but there must be a point where it must make it worthwhile to hang on to the property.

not sure with JB...i dare not even drive in there....not worth to risk my life there....

interestingly, 1bedders over at little india area can fetch 2.5k...there is one TOP 2-3mths ago and most of the units oredi found tenants which i tink is quite fast...i recce ard there and spotted few groups of ang mor entering and leaving the apt.:cool:

rattydrama
25-07-10, 10:58
HDB leasehold shd be fine rite? majority stays in HDB wor...govt will do smthing de:D

capital appreciate slow for a 2000 sq ft (complete with private smaller unit) and it was not directly from hdb.

rattydrama
25-07-10, 11:00
not sure with JB...i dare not even drive in there....not worth to risk my life there....

interestingly, 1bedders over at little india area can fetch 2.5k...there is one TOP 2-3mths ago and most of the units oredi found tenants which i tink is quite fast...i recce ard there and spotted few groups of ang mor entering and leaving the apt.:cool:

this shows that market very good... Anything goes

rattydrama
25-07-10, 11:04
Thanks for the reminder of diplomatic clause. What I understand is the clause can only be exercised after 12 months.

My customer will need to prepare a lot of money: 1 month agent fee, 2 months deposit, 1 month rental, and a few thousand for furniture. That's 10K+. When I just arrived in Singapore years back, I know how hard it was. So let's be nice to each other.

And let's try to use nice languages.

Thanks,
Richard

cash rich people don't really care but he got a point. Ya agree let's be a little gentle man and lady.

devilplate
25-07-10, 11:11
this shows that market very good... Anything goes

but not so for rental more den 5k....still sluggish

devilplate
25-07-10, 11:17
capital appreciate slow for a 2000 sq ft (complete with private smaller unit) and it was not directly from hdb.

ooo

it make sense if u gona move over to the new condo next yr....2000sqft will not give u gd rental yield returns

focus
25-07-10, 12:21
ooo

it make sense if u gona move over to the new condo next yr....2000sqft will not give u gd rental yield returns

Wa.. today HK-born David Yuen of Austpac properties also mentioned he prefer smaller units as it is easier to rent out and the rental is the same whether it is 800sqft 2bedder or 1000sqft 2bedder.

So my own conclusion for investment properties , it is better to buy 2 bedder/3 bedders that are below 1500sqft so that the market willing to buy/rent from you is bigger.

Thinking out loud again.. no need to tell me it's my money! :p

Komo
25-07-10, 13:31
Wa.. today HK-born David Yuen of Austpac properties also mentioned he prefer smaller units as it is easier to rent out and the rental is the same whether it is 800sqft 2bedder or 1000sqft 2bedder.

So my own conclusion for investment properties , it is better to buy 2 bedder/3 bedders that are below 1500sqft so that the market willing to buy/rent from you is bigger.

put it the other way, same rental, tenant will prefer bigger unit or smaller unit?

devilplate
25-07-10, 13:38
put it the other way, same rental, tenant will prefer bigger unit or smaller unit?

same rental...tenant will prefer newer or old old bigger unit?:rolleyes:

i just realised MBR 1bedder rental asking drop to 4-4.5k! :scared-4::scared-3: :scared-1:

devilplate
25-07-10, 14:01

hehe...i tink u can take many mths b4 buying anything....mabe its goood...the market crashed and u haven buy:D ....i rmb u took more den a yr to settle a unit at DR

focus
25-07-10, 15:08
hehe...i tink u can take many mths b4 buying anything....mabe its goood...the market crashed and u haven buy:D ....i rmb u took more den a yr to settle a unit at DR

2+ years to be exact.. :p

Aiyah..noob in property.. Don't be too hasty.. slow and steady.. i still got 35yrs left... :)

rattydrama
25-07-10, 20:47
but not so for rental more den 5k....still sluggish

just lower your rent sure can get tenant as per recent post by our forumer or provide free laundry and ironing service if u happen to stay next door. I am very sure alot of people hate ironing. :-)

rattydrama
25-07-10, 20:54
Same location, same rental will opt for bigger ones. But not too big until cleaning becomes an issue. For family 1500 sq ft should suffice. Anything more than 2000 sq ft will need a maid in my opinion if both are working.

devilplate
25-07-10, 23:03
just lower your rent sure can get tenant as per recent post by our forumer or provide free laundry and ironing service if u happen to stay next door. I am very sure alot of people hate ironing. :-)

ooo...landlord providing housekeeping service..:D

rattydrama
25-07-10, 23:08
ooo...landlord providing housekeeping service..:D
be innovative to make tenant remember your good service.. sure will get more recommendations.... good landlord = good tenant. if not drop the tenant. haha

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Mousey+apartments+still+a+hit+here/

Seems that people do like these "Mickey Mouse" apartments and sales are still going strong for such flats. According to Credo Real Estate, these apartments accounted for 9.5% of the total transactions for the first half of the year.

It was also revealed that the prices of "Mickey Mouse" units within the CBD area could range between S$1,800 to S$2,000 psf while those outside the CBD area could range between $1,200 to $1,400 psf.

If we remember correctly, it was only in early 2009 that "Mickey Mouse" apartments were introduced en masse. Prior to that, apartments under 500 square feet were very rare and most of us thought it would remain a gimmick unique feature to Hong Kong property. But thanks to the sluggish market then, we saw many developers introducing smaller units in bite-sized prices - and investors bit.

According to Liang Thow Ming, executive director Residential Services, Credo Real Estate, "I would think that this trend will continue to increase. I would not be surprised if we see Mickey Mouse units making up 10% of total sales in the second half of this year, and probably going up to 11 or 12% next year."

But what happens when the majority of these tiny apartments TOP? Will there be a mad rush to fill them up, assuming these were mostly bought to let (who would really want to live in a shoebox?). Well we asked this question back then, and now that the clock is counting down and quite a number of these are almost complete...

A very rough calculation:
$1200 x 400sf = $480,000 cost price (lets skip the stamp fee for now)
$480,000 x 80% = $384,000 bank loan
$384,000/30 years @ 3% interest = $1600 monthly installment
$1600 + $150 monthly maintenance + annual property tax + rental stamp fee = ???

Just how many tenants are willing to squeeze into a 400sf shoebox for $1400-$1800 a month?

via CNA Online - Mickey mouse flats in Singapore see continued sales this year

Image: Suites@Guillemard brochure - offering the smallest studios ever at 258sf

devilplate
25-07-10, 23:16
tenants paid 2k to 2.2k for studios less den 400sqft along telok kurau....w/o a pool somemore:scared-1: :scared-1:

all thanks to HDB:D

back to 2004, i rmb 3rm flat fetch ard 900-1k rental and a suburb 2bedder fetch 1.5k....now 3rm flat fetch 1500-1800:D

rattydrama
25-07-10, 23:29
tenants paid 2k to 2.2k for studios less den 400sqft along telok kurau....w/o a pool somemore:scared-1: :scared-1:

all thanks to HDB:D

back to 2004, i rmb 3rm flat fetch ard 900-1k rental and a suburb 2bedder fetch 1.5k....now 3rm flat fetch 1500-1800:D

good for singaporeans lar...also for those who belief in propertism.

btw, where to get rental info for small boutique projects? URA only provides rental info for bigger projects as there are more transactions...

devilplate
25-07-10, 23:53
good for singaporeans lar...also for those who belief in propertism.

btw, where to get rental info for small boutique projects? URA only provides rental info for bigger projects as there are more transactions...

groundwork

mcmlxxvi
26-07-10, 08:50
groundwork
Bro devil is an agent! ;-)

rattydrama
26-07-10, 08:54
Really? For which area?? I want to find one...

devilplate
26-07-10, 11:20
Bro devil is an agent! ;-)

ppty is my hobby:D

richwang
26-07-10, 11:28

Anyone knows a good forum for discussing Iskandar properties? I went there once at the time I bought Parc Imperial. The price was RM200K+ for 3000 sqft, and now it is RM300K+. So the percentage increase is even better than that of Parc Imperial. Of course, you don't put all your money there.

MDIS and Temasek are also talking about investing there. I've met an India investor working in JP Morgan, he is very bullish about Iskandar.
So too low will bounce back VERY HIGH.

Anyone can point me to a good forum (as good as this one) to discuss the details, such as Malaysia Second Home (which can cost you as much as the property), the rule of no lease, bank loan in RM, etc.

I don't want to miss the next BIG GAIN! (I know it's risky, but just put 10% of your money there. You might find it become 50% of your wealth 10 years later... or 0% - that's fine.)

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
26-07-10, 11:32
Thanks for those who have reminded me about the Diplomic Clause. I've managed to put in something like this in the LOI and the tenent has agreed. Hope I can put it into the official TA.

"Please note the Diplomat clause can only be exercised after 12 months.
If the tenant cannot obtain the relevant Employment Pass, he will need to pay 50% (S$1250 per month) for the outstanding lease term for the first 12 months. And the landlord can rent out the unit to other tenants immediately."

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
26-07-10, 11:38
Just noticed the Employment Pass check is with MOM, no longer ICA.

You can go to the following site. First input your own IC and Name. Then input the tenat's FIN or full name (just one will do).

http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/passes/Pages/employment-pass.aspx

The only problem is it doesn't show the expired day of the employment pass or S/P status.
So you still need to look at the physical employment pass (and the photo!).

Don't risk to jail while collecting rental.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
26-07-10, 11:49
Just noticed the Employment Pass check is with MOM, no longer ICA.

You can go to the following site. First input your own IC and Name. Then input the tenat's FIN or full name (just one will do).

http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/passes/Pages/employment-pass.aspx

The only problem is it doesn't show the expired day of the employment pass or S/P status.
So you still need to look at the physical employment pass (and the photo!).

Don't risk to jail while collecting rental.

Thanks,
Richard

i nvr check such website b4.

safest is to keep a photocopy of the passport and the employment pass. if its a fake pass, u can say u duno wat...how to tell....but u did ur part by verifying and keep a copy.

anybody got better ideas? :D

richwang
26-07-10, 13:10
i nvr check such website b4.

safest is to keep a photocopy of the passport and the employment pass. if its a fake pass, u can say u duno wat...how to tell....but u did ur part by verifying and keep a copy.

anybody got better ideas? :D

That's the MOM site. The site will tell you the FIN number, the full name and the last 7 digits of Passport. It is not easy to fake both Emoplyment Pass and Passport. The only problem is when they are twins.
Maybe in future we can check DNA as well ...

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
26-07-10, 13:17
Thanks for those who have reminded me about the Diplomic Clause. I've managed to put in something like this in the LOI and the tenent has agreed. Hope I can put it into the official TA.

"Please note the Diplomat clause can only be exercised after 12 months.
If the tenant cannot obtain the relevant Employment Pass, he will need to pay 50% (S$1250 per month) for the outstanding lease term for the first 12 months. And the landlord can rent out the unit to other tenants immediately."

Thanks,
Richard

i find the cluase u added in quite redundant....if i am the tenant...i will pack bag and go back my hometown if my EP cannot get approved....how r the landlord gona chase back the $?? hehe

i last time largi kiasu/kiasi, i added in clauses, tenants nid to pay the rest of the remaining lease term if they break the lease for watever invalid reasons...but when they break lease and pack bag and go home....den i realised i am being such a fool myself...i am not gg to spend few k to get a lawyer to sue them....u got it?

richwang
26-07-10, 16:21
Could someone shall with me the Standard IEA TA? Just need to sort out some details, such as "air-con topping up gas and chemical cleaning". My friend believes this should be paid by tenant. But my agent is showing me a contact saying landlord needs to pay.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
26-07-10, 16:28
i find the cluase u added in quite redundant....if i am the tenant...i will pack bag and go back my hometown if my EP cannot get approved....how r the landlord gona chase back the $?? hehe

i last time largi kiasu/kiasi, i added in clauses, tenants nid to pay the rest of the remaining lease term if they break the lease for watever invalid reasons...but when they break lease and pack bag and go home....den i realised i am being such a fool myself...i am not gg to spend few k to get a lawyer to sue them....u got it?

Great obsevation! Maybe I will change it to Landlord will keep the 2 months deposit and tenant will need to leave if they cannot pay within 14 days.

But I have friend telling me the story when the landlord kept the deposit, the tenant actually took away a washing machine!

Maybe I should hold his passport - but that's too much, and illeage in Singapore.

Now I start to enjoy the owner's headaches ... no wonder my friend has just sold his appartment after being "owner" for 15 years.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
26-07-10, 16:37
My lawyer is suggesting me to engage him for the TA. (Of course). But friend says stamp is good enough.
I don't mind to have a lawyer if the cost is small. May I know what is the market rate for a 2 year contact with S$2.5 /m rental?
S$200?

... or no one is paying this siliy money as the tenant can always pack and run.

Thanks,
Richard

mcmlxxvi
26-07-10, 19:52
Thats why 2 months deposit is standard and dont ever furnish with expensive stuff.

cashrich
27-07-10, 08:03
it's ur luck... hope that there will not be any murders in your unit.

Anyway, some tenants are known to drill holes here and there..

You are right about not renting to illegals... some nus lecturer was jailed sometime back for that... educated, informed and made a plea.... but hahahah... open door, lock door, come out and teach others not to repeat it.

If a tenant wants to run, very easy, give u 2 months rental and run... what is 2 months. If I am a bad agent, I can sell the unit and claim to have tenancy... then out of the commision of rental of 1 month, I fork out another month in damages... but its from the profit of the sale of a home. Get it? Don't be to naive. I pay 5 months also can if I can sell the MM unit to you at $100k profit... what is 15K back to u...?

richwang
27-07-10, 08:13
[quote=cashrich]it's ur luck... hope that there will not be any murders in your unit.

Anyway, some tenants are known to drill holes here and there..

quote]

In the LOI, I have put "No drilling holes by the tenant". I've notice the standard TA seems saying "No drilling holes excepot picture holes". Shall I accept that? ... otherwise I plan to get the contractor to drill the holes for him. That will cost me S$50 each time. Maybe owner just need to be flexible.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
27-07-10, 08:24
If a tenant wants to run, very easy, give u 2 months rental and run... what is 2 months. If I am a bad agent, I can sell the unit and claim to have tenancy... then out of the commision of rental of 1 month, I fork out another month in damages... but its from the profit of the sale of a home. Get it? Don't be to naive. I pay 5 months also can if I can sell the MM unit to you at $100k profit... what is 15K back to u...?

If you are looking at long term, the agent may not get further business any more.
I think my agent is smarter: he has agreed just to take 0.5 month agent fee for the 1st year, and will come back to collect another 0.5 month for the 2nd year. I guess the chance is very high, I will let him to handle my case as long as I am still owning the unit. PLUS, he will get my referrals. In the long run, I believe he is a smarter agent!
The real damage for the case you have mentioned is MUCH MUCh more than 1 month rental: the agent's own brand has been destroyed.

Thanks,
Richard

cashrich
27-07-10, 08:44
hahah... ok ok... must have watertight clauses... make sure it covers all angle.. you might also want to add no incense burning? Illegal brothel? Legal ones ok.

Anyway had enough fun at your expense? Excuse me for I am so bored.

Have a nice day.

devilplate
27-07-10, 11:55
dun have to worry too much on TA etc...i got many bad experiences with tenants/agts...but hey...tats life...after a while, u will get used to it. there will be good/bad tenants....TA is just a formality. sad to say, the 2mths security deposit is ur only insurance...

however, i must stressed tat majority of the agts r badies:tsk-tsk:

full of lies/shyt:D

richwang
09-08-10, 11:01
Hi,
I have applied to join the Management Committee. May I know how to get the plot ratio increased? If you are near MRT station, there is a chance to get the plot ratio increased.
By the way, the 1 bedder is asking for S$3.5k / mon for rental now. I guess this is too high compared with opposite WestN 2 bedder asking for S$3.8K, and some 3 bedders near Science Park II asking for S$3.5K.
Can the Management Committee buy property and rent it out? If yes, I plan to learn from the govenment: when the price is too high - sell. When the price is too low- buy.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
09-08-10, 11:08
Hi,
I have applied to join the Management Committee. May I know how to get the plot ratio increased? If you are near MRT station, there is a chance to get the plot ratio increased.
By the way, the 1 bedder is asking for S$3.5k / mon for rental now. I guess this is too high compared with opposite WestN 2 bedder asking for S$3.8K, and some 3 bedders near Science Park II asking for S$3.5K.
Can the Management Committee buy property and rent it out? If yes, I plan to learn from the govenment: when the price is too high - sell. When the price is too low- buy.

Thanks,
Richard

u shd join URA instead to up plot ratio :D

1bedder cant even move at 3k pm...studios still got many avail at 2.3k

stalingrad
09-08-10, 11:51
u shd join URA instead to up plot ratio :D

1bedder cant even move at 3k pm...studios still got many avail at 2.3k

haha, you are so mean. but that is right response to a stupid question from a naive person. management commitee takes care of things like a clogged up toilet and residents air drying their laundry on the balcony, not things like plot ratio. Otherwise, the plot ratio all over singapore would have been 15 or 20 since time immemorial.

richwang
09-08-10, 17:33
haha, you are so mean. but that is right response to a stupid question from a naive person. management commitee takes care of things like a clogged up toilet and residents air drying their laundry on the balcony, not things like plot ratio. Otherwise, the plot ratio all over singapore would have been 15 or 20 since time immemorial.

Thanks, I am learning. I've noticed the plot ratio for Central at AMK is much higher than its near by places.
I know it's too early, but if we want to en bloc Parc Imperial (close to S$100M at the market price now), the best way is to increase its plot ratio.
So URA is the one control the ratio, but what basis they are using? Close to MRT?

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
11-08-10, 16:15
Hi residents,
I've just called the air-con installer, there is no free service for this project. However, they have a promotion for quaterly service contract.
For 1 unit, it will be S$30 per year.
For 3 units and above, it will be S$15 per year.

So please post here or PM me if anyone is interested to make it a group.

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
22-08-10, 16:12
Went to Parc Imperial to Kaypo. There are many agents there waiting for people to view the show flat. I view a 3 bed room. Its really small, less than 1000 sq frt about 950 sq ft, selling 1.2m. Was told the owner bought at around 900++ during launch. The build quality is just ok.

I feel that 3 bed less than 1000 sq ft is less livable - very stressful to plan for ID. 1200 sq ft should be just fine for me.

But I think this project is still better than viva vista as there are a mixture of 1-4 bedders.

Viva Vista mostly for 1 bedder. If rental market down, just wondering will viva vista be a ghost town?

apple3
23-08-10, 01:02
Hi,

Thanks,
Richard

Goodness. Plot Ratio is headed by URA and participate by various authories, agencies and mindef when reviewing masterplan.

Plot Ratio revise always coincidentally hit on government or somehow related land. Next go to LH land. You can have a land parcel on 3.0 which HDB sitting on it while an adjacent piece is 2.2 with private estate.

Plot Ratio X Land Size = Gross Floor Area (GFA)
And take note that GFA IS NOT EQUAL to height restriction guideline.

In addition, and increase of Plot Ratio which in turn raise the GFA may turn Parc Imperial into Apartment Classification like Estiva or Murano

To buy a supplement land like The Parc developer which bought that adjacent piece along AYE for his Multi Storey Carpark is 100 times easlier than to have plot ratio increase. And we are on developer talk here.

For a chairman in estate mgt council, huh.. you figure out yourself. Unless you are Richard Hu and not Richard Wang.

Lastly in the case of enbloc, please be advise on the stringent guideline for condo less than 10 years old.

richwang
23-08-10, 09:54
Totally impressive!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxvNhlS4V4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxvNhlS4V4)

Maybe I should setup a business to sell them in Singapore!

Thanks,
Richard

ParcImperial
23-08-10, 09:54
Hi residents,
I've just called the air-con installer, there is no free service for this project. However, they have a promotion for quaterly service contract.
For 1 unit, it will be S$30 per year.
For 3 units and above, it will be S$15 per year.

So please post here or PM me if anyone is interested to make it a group.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,
Do you mean that we can collectively engage them (above 3 apartments) and enjoy $15 per unit per year (instead of $30). From the hand-out they gave me, I had thought they meant above 3 fan-coil per apartment (which only the bigger units will have).

richwang
23-08-10, 10:26
Went to Parc Imperial to Kaypo. There are many agents there waiting for people to view the show flat. I view a 3 bed room. Its really small, less than 1000 sq frt about 950 sq ft, selling 1.2m. Was told the owner bought at around 900++ during launch. The build quality is just ok.

I feel that 3 bed less than 1000 sq ft is less livable - very stressful to plan for ID. 1200 sq ft should be just fine for me.

But I think this project is still better than viva vista as there are a mixture of 1-4 bedders.

Viva Vista mostly for 1 bedder. If rental market down, just wondering will viva vista be a ghost town?

The size of the 3 bed room is indeed 904 sqft. The launch price was S$1003 psf (total price S$0.95M). For those on the grand floor, the "inflated" size is 1044 sqft, and the price was S$953 (total price S$1M).

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
23-08-10, 11:32
Thanks for the info.....erm..MM units moving.

The size of the 3 bed room is indeed 904 sqft. The launch price was S$1003 psf (total price S$0.95M). For those on the grand floor, the "inflated" size is 1044 sqft, and the price was S$953 (total price S$1M).

Thanks,
Richard

mcmlxxvi
03-09-10, 15:14
Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date

253C Pasir Panjang Road #05-24
Freehold
$1632
$650k
20 Aug 10

253A Pasir Panjang Road #05-12
Freehold
$1632
$650k
19 Aug 10

richwang
03-09-10, 16:35
Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date

253C Pasir Panjang Road #05-24
Freehold
$1632
$650k
20 Aug 10

253A Pasir Panjang Road #05-12
Freehold
$1632
$650k
19 Aug 10

That might mark the turning point of price. It might be "reasonable" considering the opposite Horizon Residence was selling at S$1688 for some big units at that time.

However, the market is very different now with all the new rules. I've just called my agent, he says a realistic price for 495 sqft will be S$700K-S$720K. That works out to be S$1454 psf.
If buyers are slowing down, the price can fall further.

Thanks,
Richard

cashrich
03-09-10, 16:44
That might mark the turning point of price. It might be "reasonable" considering the opposite Horizon Residence was selling at S$1688 for some big units at that time.

However, the market is very different now with all the new rules. I've just called my agent, he says a realistic price for 495 sqft will be S$700K-S$720K. That works out to be S$1454 psf.

Thanks,
Richard

Brother Rich~ ard...

We have the peak just Last week, before annoucement. Anything that comes in were done deals... Give it sometime say 1 to 3 months later when deals done from 1 Sept 2010 came in. You can see the picture!

Lucky for me.. I sold some of the properties already... still left with some for keeps.

applelemon
04-09-10, 07:20
U sound like a property trader! Been identified to pay taxes on profits yet?

Brother Rich~ ard...

We have the peak just Last week, before annoucement. Anything that comes in were done deals... Give it sometime say 1 to 3 months later when deals done from 1 Sept 2010 came in. You can see the picture!

Lucky for me.. I sold some of the properties already... still left with some for keeps.

devilplate
04-09-10, 12:45
U sound like a property trader! Been identified to pay taxes on profits yet?

haha....

he is protecting himself anyway.....sold some away and some for keeps....if market din crash next few mths....but continues to increase...he can say he still got ppty to hedge wat....and if market crash, he will say he is RIGHT and got cash to snap up gd deals

devilplate
04-09-10, 12:49

Thanks,
Richard

3bedder only transacted at $1360psf

253A Pasir Panjang Road #02-08
Freehold
$1360
$1230k
16 Aug 10

when the unit gets too small....psf become very misleading....398sqft at 600k is 1507psf whereas just a small 50k increase work out to be 1632psf

i tink u haf made a right choice for investing in a bigger proper sized 1bedder unit....its so much easier to rent out:cheers6:

DC33_2008
04-09-10, 14:33
Not sure why people looking at quantum and not the psf when buying condos to assess the worth. I have come across development with studio and two bedders side by side, ie. having the same view, etc. The studio is $150-200psf more than the 2 bedders. Everyone has the mental barrier of $1 million for now.

applelemon
04-09-10, 14:40
I totally agree with you.

haha....

he is protecting himself anyway.....sold some away and some for keeps....if market din crash next few mths....but continues to increase...he can say he still got ppty to hedge wat....and if market crash, he will say he is RIGHT and got cash to snap up gd deals

focus
04-09-10, 14:45
Not sure why people looking at quantum and not the psf when buying condos to assess the worth. I have come across development with studio and two bedders side by side, ie. having the same view, etc. The studio is $150-200psf more than the 2 bedders. Everyone has the mental barrier of $1 million for now.

Wow.. then the 2 bedder is a better buy ! :) Where ah?

DC33_2008
04-09-10, 14:48
It really boils down to risk appetite. He may have higher risk exposure.

cashrich
05-09-10, 00:23
Wow.. then the 2 bedder is a better buy ! :) Where ah?

where?

Can Share?

rattydrama
05-09-10, 14:54
what should be the reasonable psf difference between a 1 bed and 2bed? 2bed to 3bed?

Referring the same project.

eg $1360 psf fr 3bed
2bed psf should be??
1bed psf should be??

3bedder only transacted at $1360psf

253A Pasir Panjang Road #02-08
Freehold
$1360
$1230k
16 Aug 10

when the unit gets too small....psf become very misleading....398sqft at 600k is 1507psf whereas just a small 50k increase work out to be 1632psf

i tink u haf made a right choice for investing in a bigger proper sized 1bedder unit....its so much easier to rent out:cheers6:

devilplate
05-09-10, 17:41
what should be the reasonable psf difference between a 1 bed and 2bed? 2bed to 3bed?

Referring the same project.

eg $1360 psf fr 3bed
2bed psf should be??
1bed psf should be??

depends on the difference in size....

for eg...minton: biggest one bedder 700sqft have similar psf with their 2bedder 9xxsqft.

as for PI: 3bedder is 904sqft vs 398sqft studio....market had decided tat 398sqft worth 1600psf and 3bedder worth 1360psf. PI also have proper sized 1bedder of about 490sqft and psf falls in between

another consideration will be rental yield

gohsoonk
06-09-10, 09:56
Correct. Typically, it takes about 3 months to see the trend. That was what happened in the crisis in 2008.

Brother Rich~ ard...

hyenergix
06-09-10, 11:37
So many agents helping to rent out the units here. This condo is seriously over-invested and I think the owners may have great competition in the rentals...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/parc-imperial-1554

And soon Peak @ Balmeg, Horizon Residences and Viva Vista will TOP after one another in the next 1-2 years... They will join Parc Imperial and existing older condos be rented out. Do we really have so many tenants in this area? :scared-5:

devilplate
06-09-10, 11:43
So many agents helping to rent out the units here. This condo is seriously over-invested and I think the owners may have great competition in the rentals...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/parc-imperial-1554

And soon Peak @ Balmeg, Horizon Residences and Viva Vista will TOP after one another in the next 1-2 years... They will join Parc Imperial and existing older condos be rented out. Do we really have so many tenants in this area? :scared-5:

errr.....tats y those who bot proper sized 1bedder r the winners:cheers6:

generally, ppl still prefer to have a properly partitioned 1bedder

proud owner
06-09-10, 12:43
errr.....tats y those who bot proper sized 1bedder r the winners:cheers6:

generally, ppl still prefer to have a properly partitioned 1bedder

if i am single / couple.. and have the budget ..

i would pay a little more .. and rent Balmeg, as opposed to Parc Imperial ..

1. Balmeg will have sea view (some units, nice seaview or not is another matter)

2. Parc , is bounded by West coast highway and PP rd .. noise and dust are enuff to deter me

cashrich
06-09-10, 18:55
I think the market is very very quiet now.

gohsoonk
07-09-10, 09:50
What do you based your observation on?

I think the market is very very quiet now.

cashrich
07-09-10, 09:59
What do you based your observation on?

Agents feedback....

are you a agent?

heh heh heh

gohsoonk
07-09-10, 12:12
Nope...Just called my agent...he said hard to tell...

only when the ghost festival over...then things will be more certain...

Agents feedback....

are you a agent?

heh heh heh

devilplate
07-09-10, 12:27

depends on the agt u call also...

top producers will tell u....whr got difficult to sell....residential cooling now but i can do commercial wat etc etc...the world comes around...

u tok to other weaker agts they will say....ya lor...biz very bad leh....must be ghost mth and cooling measures.....haha:p

cashrich
07-09-10, 13:33

hard to sell u mean?

Anyway you can look at the done deals when they come in.

ghost gates and not festival is over already, 15 days only.

MRT line annoucement before that and then the new ruling. The HDB upgraders who bought bedok reservior belt condo most probably are smiling for escaping the new rules.

richwang
10-09-10, 13:46
depends on the difference in size....

for eg...minton: biggest one bedder 700sqft have similar psf with their 2bedder 9xxsqft.

as for PI: 3bedder is 904sqft vs 398sqft studio....market had decided tat 398sqft worth 1600psf and 3bedder worth 1360psf. PI also have proper sized 1bedder of about 490sqft and psf falls in between

another consideration will be rental yield

The total cost for a studio = 398 x 1600 = S$640K
The total cost for a 3bd rm = 904 x 1360 = S$1.2M

The rental for studio is S$2k / mon
The rental for 3bd rm is S$4k / mon

So the rental yield is about the same: 3%+.

For singles and young couples, S$2K to have their own place is an attractive deal. And they don't need a full 3 bd rm, and don't want to share with others for a 3 bd (that will be a cheaper solution).

The huge Maptree Park is up, lots of demand coming from there. But my next door tenant is working in a bank, her office is indeed near EXPO. Don't ask me why she is not stay at East Coast. Things can just happen like that.

Thanks,
Richard

PropertiesHunter
14-09-10, 17:17
Everyone still wandering the property going south or north.

Ask yourself is your job or bonus this year is unsecure or your pocket will be having extra cash compare to last year.
If Properties to go down JOBLESS rate must go up first.
Second Interest rate must only be sky high like >3.5%.NOT 1.5% now.

The best cooling measure is Goverment must let this country go into recession.

IS above can be done is NOT cooling measure is freezing one.

When everyone in still wandering what to do, the opportunist already action. Attack when everyone is doubtful and fearful.

:) :)

cashrich
14-09-10, 18:13
Everyone still wandering the property going south or north.

Ask yourself is your job or bonus this year is unsecure or your pocket will be having extra cash compare to last year.
If Properties to go down JOBLESS rate must go up first.
Second Interest rate must only be sky high like >3.5%.NOT 1.5% now.

The best cooling measure is Goverment must let this country go into recession.

IS above can be done is NOT cooling measure is freezing one.

When everyone in still wandering what to do, the opportunist already action. Attack when everyone is doubtful and fearful.

:) :)

That's right. The fish has to be sick with internal injuries. Otherwise, it will just hold and not move. However, beware of the double dip recession, which I would highly anticipate. Don't blame me for spreading rumours, just my bet for it to occur next year last quarter.

Bargains for properties can be found when

1. There's recession, which results in
2. High un-employment, which results in
3. Government measures to stimulate the economy.

It would be like running and taking a fall, then climbling back up for another run till falling again. Pick up the pieces when they fall. When they run, let them run but watch from a distance. Smile when they trip and fall again.

First sign to watch is = Stock market crashing,
Second sign to watch is = Low GDP growth or negative.
Third sign to watch is unemployment rate, especially retrenchment of high income earners.
Fourth sign to watch are bank auctions or fire sales.

:scared-5:

mcmlxxvi
14-09-10, 20:33
None of the four signs cashrich mentioned are anywhere in sight... Not at least until end 2011 i believe.

rattydrama
14-09-10, 23:32
Well I chance upon an advertisement by an agent today.

FIRE SALES FIRE SALES FIRE SALES!!!!

D5 PARC IMPERIAL @ Pasir Panjang Road FOR SALE

> JUST TOP. FREEHOLD.
> 2 bedroom penthouse.
> Duplex.
> 1119sqft. Nice Layout.
> Bedrooms Ensuite.
> Roof Terrace.
> Best Stack with pool and seaview.
> Stone throw to Haw Par Villa Station/Science Park
> Investment Potential
> Full Facilities except Tennis
> Asking Price $1.3M to secure!! (Cheapest!)
> Very serious seller.
> Will try any reasonable offer if your client is keen.

Pls sms or call Lisa @ xxxxxxxx for viewing or floor plan.

plan
15-09-10, 01:08
Not much of fire sale lah.
This is a terrace unit with almost half of the sq footage area is bloated by the open terrace patio....

Well I chance upon an advertisement by an agent today.

FIRE SALES FIRE SALES FIRE SALES!!!!

D5 PARC IMPERIAL @ Pasir Panjang Road FOR SALE

> JUST TOP. FREEHOLD.
> 2 bedroom penthouse.
> Duplex.
> 1119sqft. Nice Layout.
> Bedrooms Ensuite.
> Roof Terrace.
> Best Stack with pool and seaview.
> Stone throw to Haw Par Villa Station/Science Park
> Investment Potential
> Full Facilities except Tennis
> Asking Price $1.3M to secure!! (Cheapest!)
> Very serious seller.
> Will try any reasonable offer if your client is keen.

Pls sms or call Lisa @ xxxxxxxx for viewing or floor plan.

proud owner
15-09-10, 01:16
This is a terrace unit with almost half of the sq footage area is bloated by the open terrace patio....

theres an agent in propertyguru ... advertising some Valley Park, Cosmopolitan, etc at 10 pct below valuations ...

reliable ?

plan
15-09-10, 14:44
theres an agent in propertyguru ... advertising some Valley Park, Cosmopolitan, etc at 10 pct below valuations ...

reliable ?

Not sure... every time I called up such advertised listings, they say it's just sold, and offer to look for me alternative properties...

richwang
20-09-10, 01:09
Just checked the Saturday news paper, the asking price for Parc Imperial is dropping. Let's wait to see the URA data 3 months later.

By the way, an interesting owner has been renting out the unit asking for S$2.48K or S$2.49K for weeks now. Why so accurate - down to S$10 per month. I am ok with a few hundred dallors plus or minus. Remember his opportunity cost is $80 per DAY, or S$560 per WEEK. He should get an agent! (I am not an agent, I am an owner of PI. And I do engage an agent).

HDB COV confirmed dropped.
Valuation will soon drop.
99 LH will then drop (in particular your buying power dropped 50% - from 20% downpayment to 30% downpayment).
FH? Hopefully will drop less.
BUT lots of MM owners have HDB unit as well. The moment they move HDB, they need to sell MM in 6 months.
For those who want to upgrade from MM to 2 bedder, they may want to sell MM to fully pay their debt, so they can get 80% loan.

So maybe some fire sell of MM in a couple of months time?

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
20-09-10, 01:31

You are right. I viewed this unit before. Was asking 1.4m before 308 (30 Aug). I wont bite at this price if I am an investor or own stayer cos there is no proper kitchen and washing area. And as far as I could recall, there is no service area for laundry. Its really very wired. Its not for family stay and tenants are also inconvenient with such layout.

There is a big open terrace which is bigger than the master bedroom, about twice the size or more.

Wired. Its not properly sized.

plan
20-09-10, 19:12
Unlikely lah esp for those properties near MRT like Parc Imperial, etc...
NV Residences also lots of MM new launch units selling like hot cakes even after 30 Aug.
A 667 sq ft unit at the parc @west coast just subsale'd for new record high of $1244psf in Sep, broking earlier high of $1199psf.
and so on...
Do not forget the power of PRs who mostly had properties back home, now has the only home option to buy private here, supporting up demand for private ppty;
and private home owners who who now can only invvest in private and not hdbs...,again supporting up demand for private ppty.

Just checked the Saturday news paper, the asking price for Parc Imperial is dropping. Let's wait to see the URA data 3 months later.

By the way, an interesting owner has been renting out the unit asking for S$2.48K or S$2.49K for weeks now. Why so accurate - down to S$10 per month. I am ok with a few hundred dallors plus or minus. Remember his opportunity cost is $80 per DAY, or S$560 per WEEK. He should get an agent! (I am not an agent, I am an owner of PI. And I do engage an agent).

HDB COV confirmed dropped.
Valuation will soon drop.
99 LH will then drop (in particular your buying power dropped 50% - from 20% downpayment to 30% downpayment).
FH? Hopefully will drop less.
BUT lots of MM owners have HDB unit as well. The moment they move HDB, they need to sell MM in 6 months.
For those who want to upgrade from MM to 2 bedder, they may want to sell MM to fully pay their debt, so they can get 80% loan.

So maybe some fire sell of MM in a couple of months time?

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
21-09-10, 00:04
5 years MOP can be a long time + property at home country, guess the only way is for the private property to go up. Anyway, LH old condo is still affordable as the price between HDB prime area and LH condo at sub urban is comparable.

Singapore has good transport system and it is small. To most foreigners, no issue.

Condorich
21-09-10, 03:28
5 years MOP can be a long time + property at home country, guess the only way is for the private property to go up. Anyway, LH old condo is still affordable as the price between HDB prime area and LH condo at sub urban is comparable.

Singapore has good transport system and it is small. To most foreigners, no issue.

That's lateral move for you.

Same budget, difference places and/or sizes

Higher budget is upgrade

Lower budget is downgrade

No budget is bankrupt

Size don't matter as long as can squeeze two beds in. In fact, smaller is better.

richwang
21-09-10, 05:35
Unlikely lah esp for those properties near MRT like Parc Imperial, etc...
NV Residences also lots of MM new launch units selling like hot cakes even after 30 Aug.
A 667 sq ft unit at the parc @west coast just subsale'd for new record high of $1244psf in Sep, broking earlier high of $1199psf.
and so on...
Do not forget the power of PRs who mostly had properties back home, now has the only home option to buy private here, supporting up demand for private ppty;
and private home owners who who now can only invvest in private and not hdbs...,again supporting up demand for private ppty.

Last Sat newspaper is showing some asking lower than S$1k for The Parc.

Most PRs will not afford to buy private as their 1st home in Singapore. What they really can afford is to use some techniques to hide their overseas property holdings. HDB is so attractive here, in particular when the COV drops.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
21-09-10, 05:42

What are you comparing? Private is always double HDB price regardless where u are in Singapore. There is no such thing that price will just go up. What kind of foreingers you are referring? Those who want to save cost and travel to Woodlands and Panggol? Surelly they will buy HDB there at half the price of Private.

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
21-09-10, 11:00
What are you comparing? Private is always double HDB price regardless where u are in Singapore. There is no such thing that price will just go up. What kind of foreingers you are referring? Those who want to save cost and travel to Woodlands and Panggol? Surelly they will buy HDB there at half the price of Private.

Thanks,
Richard

They can hide but if caught, PR renewal will not be approved and HDB taken back by the government. Kill one and warn many that’s Singapore style according to past incidents.

And it will be published to deter many other PRs from doing so. I think PR will not take chance since they sacrifice so much to be here. Hence some will go for private property.

LH private in Woodlands / 3 bed = 700k + full facility no MOP and can sell anytime.
HDB in central areas 5 room Queenstown = 700k + 5 year MOP
HDB in Woodlands 5room = 400-500k + 5 year MOP

Source: Property Guru dd 21 Sept 2010

So not all will go for HDB now after 308. Some will spill over to private condo.

In addition, if you purchase a 3bed condo and rent out 2bed – the price for condo room rental is much higher than HDB and this will help to recoup back your investment earlier. Maybe some can do the sum here to compare further.

devilplate
21-09-10, 11:28
In addition, if you purchase a 3bed condo and rent out 2bed – the price for condo room rental is much higher than HDB and this will help to recoup back your investment earlier. Maybe some can do the sum here to compare further.

u make a gd point...i wud expect more PRs to buy 3bedder mass market condo and rent out 2 common bedrooms (they have been doing this for the resale HDB and they will shift target to mass condo)....mass market room can fetch about $800 pm

proud owner
21-09-10, 22:20
u make a gd point...i wud expect more PRs to buy 3bedder mass market condo and rent out 2 common bedrooms (they have been doing this for the resale HDB and they will shift target to mass condo)....mass market room can fetch about $800 pm

if they do that ... what will happen to local owners ?

will they be able to rent out ?

so those who still think theres rental demand, should reallyu think thrice .. PR are taking a slice of OUR pies

Condorich
21-09-10, 22:32
if they do that ... what will happen to local owners ?

will they be able to rent out ?

so those who still think theres rental demand, should reallyu think thrice .. PR are taking a slice of OUR pies

Overall, prices should go up.

Rental wise, depends on luck. 2 similar units at the same rental price. One is rentable and the other not so. Why? Go figure.

Just to share. Some older condo with just 4 rooms can rent to 4 families. How about that? Each room can stay 2 to 4 person.

The working class PR are a tough breed. They will squeeze almost everything.

proud owner
21-09-10, 22:39
Overall, prices should go up.

Rental wise, depends on luck. 2 similar units at the same rental price. One is rentable and the other not so. Why? Go figure.

Just to share. Some older condo with just 4 rooms can rent to 4 families. How about that? Each room can stay 2 to 4 person.

The working class PR are a tough breed. They will squeeze almost everything.

so imagine 10000 workers from IR or Aerohub ..
take away 1000 senior positions , 100 managers, 10 supervisors ..remaining 8890 can easily squeeze into 1111.25 units of 4 bedrooms .. assuming 2 person to a room

AND THATS ASSUMING the entire 10000 workers are foreigners ...

hehehe

richwang
22-09-10, 00:19
They can hide but if caught, PR renewal will not be approved and HDB taken back by the government. Kill one and warn many that’s Singapore style according to past incidents.

And it will be published to deter many other PRs from doing so. I think PR will not take chance since they sacrifice so much to be here. Hence some will go for private property.

Fully agreed some PRs will shift to buy private. But a lot will try to buy HDB. Buying HDB is clearly one of the economic drivers for them to apply for PRs. (The other benefit is easier to switch jobs - but now with the Individual Employment Pass, they can easily switch jobs without the need for PR. )
I am not a lawyer, so I am not the best person to list the techniques. But here are some "legal" ways to "hide" the overseas holdings:

1. Transfer the names to relatives. After bought HDB for some time, transfer the names back;

2. Setup a company, transfer the names to the Company;

3. "Sell" it to a trustee, but still control the Trustee;

4. "Sell" it to someone, and lease it back with a 100 years lease at S$0.01 monthly rental;

Let's be realistic, if the local govement in those developing country cannot count how many properties their citizen is holding, it will not be easy for Singapore govenment to count for them.

I still think the net net impact for the new cooling measure puts more downside presure than upside for the whole property market in Singapore - reflected in stock price now.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
22-09-10, 00:27
LH private in Woodlands / 3 bed = 700k + full facility no MOP and can sell anytime.
HDB in central areas 5 room Queenstown = 700k + 5 year MOP
HDB in Woodlands 5room = 400-500k + 5 year MOP

HDB in Yishun 3 room = 200K - 300K. That is the size of a 2 bedder for private. You need 400K - 600K. If we compare the psf price at the same location. Private will alway double. Fully agreed that some PRs will buy private, but most can only afford HDB as their 1st home.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
02-10-10, 16:15
I've noticed 4 transations of selling 398 sqft MM at S$650K in Aug/Sept (and 10+ units have been sold after TOP). I heard there are 20+ units in this project are held by agents. Are they quietly selling? I guess the record of 1632 psf will take years to break. It has already factored in the MRT station up and running.
The nearby Viva Vista and opposite newly en bloc site will generate 200 units MM to compete. I guess it will be a hard time when my rental contract needs to be renewed 2 years later. Let's hope I am wrong.

Thanks,
Richard

jwong71
03-10-10, 14:01
I've noticed 4 transations of selling 398 sqft MM at S$650K in Aug/Sept (and 10+ units have been sold after TOP). I heard there are 20+ units in this project are held by agents. Are they quietly selling? I guess the record of 1632 psf will take years to break. It has already factored in the MRT station up and running.
The nearby Viva Vista and opposite newly en bloc site will generate 200 units MM to compete. I guess it will be a hard time when my rental contract needs to be renewed 2 years later. Let's hope I am wrong.

Thanks,
Richard

Yes i known and heard some agents bgt up most units,cos of the mrt and seaview. And they overpromise to potential buyers,or me that can sell higher bcos of mrt. which in fact the price had alrdy factored in the advantages.
never committed,cos i dont feel safe wf overpromising agents.

rattydrama
04-10-10, 17:12
are the 20 units been sold or still marketing. I have no interest for this project but thought some of the sizes really too odd, wonder if it can be sold and at what price.

I saw alot of listings for The Parc in the Straits Times every Sat but not many for Parc Imperial...

Yes i known and heard some agents bgt up most units,cos of the mrt and seaview. And they overpromise to potential buyers,or me that can sell higher bcos of mrt. which in fact the price had alrdy factored in the advantages.
never committed,cos i dont feel safe wf overpromising agents.

richwang
04-10-10, 23:17
are the 20 units been sold or still marketing. I have no interest for this project but thought some of the sizes really too odd, wonder if it can be sold and at what price.

I saw alot of listings for The Parc in the Straits Times every Sat but not many for Parc Imperial...

Well, the Parc is a much bigger project (close to 1000 units?) while Parc Imperial is just 138 units.

I believe some agents are still holding. This one is asking for S$2216 psf. Let's see who will be the fool to bite.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1937035/for-sale-parc-imperial

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
05-10-10, 11:24
Haha, fools...S$860,000K still looks cheap to some. But in property psf is also important.

Well, the Parc is a much bigger project (close to 1000 units?) while Parc Imperial is just 138 units.

I believe some agents are still holding. This one is asking for S$2216 psf. Let's see who will be the fool to bite.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
05-10-10, 11:34
Haha, fools...S$860,000K still looks cheap to some. But in property psf is also important.

Who knows, some of the units there managed to secure retal of S$2.3K (and some are asking for S$2.7K), so the rental yeild is still 3%+.

This makes me worry about future en-bloc. These people will vote against it.

Anyway, MM price is supposed to drop, not increase. So the agents are just putting there for fun (or to sell some other units).

Thanks,
Richard

plan
16-10-10, 16:13
Rental prices are increasing. Demand is there, most units put on the market are rented out within weeks. Easily $2500/mth now.

stalingrad
16-10-10, 16:52
How easy to rent it out? there are so many units for rent:

Units For Sale: 53 (view) (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/parc-imperial-1554/sale/1) Units For Rental: 60 (view) (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/parc-imperial-1554/rent/1)
60 for rent. so it is easy to rent out?

victorchoo
16-10-10, 17:16
Rental prices are increasing. Demand is there, most units put on the market are rented out within weeks. Easily $2500/mth now.

2.5k/mth for a studio or 1-bedder?

richwang
16-10-10, 22:13
2.5k/mth for a studio or 1-bedder?

Well, my 1 bedder rented out at 2.5k/m with hours. The studios were renting out at 2.1 to 2.3. Now the few studios left are asking 2.5K - I guess those are the investors who intend to sell. So they can show the buyers a very good rental yield.
For me, waiting for 2 months means an opportunities cost of 0.2K monthly rental.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
16-10-10, 22:17
How easy to rent it out? there are so many units for rent:

Units For Sale: 53 (view) (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/parc-imperial-1554/sale/1) Units For Rental: 60 (view) (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/parc-imperial-1554/rent/1)
60 for rent. so it is easy to rent out?

Forget about those numbers. Some agents put multiple advertisments with different prices. Some never bother to take the ads out even after the units are rented out. The best is to take walk there, you will see most are occupied.
Some grand floor units facing the high way (and not willing to accept a market price) are still waiting.

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
17-10-10, 00:54
Forget about those numbers. Some agents put multiple advertisments with different prices. Some never bother to take the ads out even after the units are rented out. The best is to take walk there, you will see most are occupied.
Some grand floor units facing the high way (and not willing to accept a market price) are still waiting.

Thanks,
Richard

Wat is the rental of 3 bedder?

richwang
17-10-10, 23:08
Wat is the rental of 3 bedder?

It is a strange situation for the 3 bedders in this project. Among the 138 units, there are about 8 units 3 bedders. It was sold at $900K for the size of 904 sqft. So the 3 bedders are very small. You have so many other choices in Pasir Panjang area. Families may not prefer this project.

So the rental asking is only 4K for 3 bedders - similar rental yield as those MM.

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
17-10-10, 23:20
It is a strange situation for the 3 bedders in this project. Among the 138 units, there are about 8 units 3 bedders. It was sold at $900K for the size of 904 sqft. So the 3 bedders are very small. You have so many other choices in Pasir Panjang area. Families may not prefer this project.

So the rental asking is only 4K for 3 bedders - similar rental yield as those MM.

Thanks,
Richard

I think it is not bad. Can cover the loan payment to the bank. I am thinking of renting out my unit when it TOP next year.

Btw, how is your trip to Malaysia, did you find anything worth looking into?

Desperado1967
02-11-10, 09:56
I sold my One-Bedder at $700k 3 months ago. Is this a good price?

devilplate
02-11-10, 10:07

gd price at tat point of time lor....but not so after some studios sold at 650k

how to console urself: nvm...earn less only...leave some cream for next buyer:D

richwang
03-11-10, 13:08

S$564,800 484 Strata 1,166 psf Jul-2009
S$700,000 484 Strata 1,445 psf May-2010

Definetely good price! If I remember correctly, it is a grand floor unit. Somehow grand floor unit is not very easy to rent out in that project.

And 25% profit in one year with S$100K++ hard cash IN HAND is by any standard a good price!

For those who are still holding (like me), by the time when they really want to sell, the price may well drop back.

Now you have the capital to hunt for your next property.

Congratulation!

Richard

Desperado1967
04-11-10, 10:18
S$564,800 484 Strata 1,166 psf Jul-2009
S$700,000 484 Strata 1,445 psf May-2010

Definetely good price! If I remember correctly, it is a grand floor unit. Somehow grand floor unit is not very easy to rent out in that project.

And 25% profit in one year with S$100K++ hard cash IN HAND is by any standard a good price!

For those who are still holding (like me), by the time when they really want to sell, the price may well drop back.

Now you have the capital to hunt for your next property.

Congratulation!

Richard
I already bought another property at about the same time I sold my unit .. and last check, the price of the unit that I bought has increased by about $200 psf. I am comtemplating to buy another property now for own stay. But current prices are just too high for me!

devilplate
04-11-10, 12:12
I already bought another property at about the same time I sold my unit .. and last check, the price of the unit that I bought has increased by about $200 psf. I am comtemplating to buy another property now for own stay. But current prices are just too high for me!

wow...so power....buy in May and now gain 200psf...clapX2:cheers6:

Desperado1967
04-11-10, 14:31
wow...so power....buy in May and now gain 200psf...clapX2:cheers6:
I would like to elaborate further. It was a new launch and the project was sold out on the very first day except the PH units. As I was in overseas, I returned two weeks later to visit the showroom and to meet my agent. There were other agents (not from Developer Agent) who positioned themselves 100m away asking whether I am keen to release the unit for $100+ above the purchased price. I turned down the offer. Just last month, my agent called me to inform that someone is interested to buy my unit at $200 over my purchased price. Again, I turned it down because given the current soaring prices in property, it would be hard for me to purchase another unit ...

devilplate
04-11-10, 19:55
I would like to elaborate further. It was a new launch and the project was sold out on the very first day except the PH units. As I was in overseas, I returned two weeks later to visit the showroom and to meet my agent. There were other agents (not from Developer Agent) who positioned themselves 100m away asking whether I am keen to release the unit for $100+ above the purchased price. I turned down the offer. Just last month, my agent called me to inform that someone is interested to buy my unit at $200 over my purchased price. Again, I turned it down because given the current soaring prices in property, it would be hard for me to purchase another unit ...

tats really cool....u made a gd purchase again

amk
04-11-10, 20:13
No this is not cool. Very very Deja vu :scared-4: 1996 :scared-1:

kingkong1984
04-11-10, 21:36
tats really cool....u made a gd purchase again
Us printing money and flowing into asia. Not the same with 97

proud owner
04-11-10, 21:52
Us printing money and flowing into asia. Not the same with 97

can u help clarify

US printing money .. flowing into asia ...

into property sector ONLY ?

i was looking at MAS website .. the SGD Tbill issuance shot up since 2009 from 1 bio to 3.9 bio ...

so how much of such INFLOW goes into properties ?

devilplate
04-11-10, 23:29
can u help clarify

US printing money .. flowing into asia ...

into property sector ONLY ?

i was looking at MAS website .. the SGD Tbill issuance shot up since 2009 from 1 bio to 3.9 bio ...

so how much of such INFLOW goes into properties ?

i believes most of it goes to equities/commodities

if i make $ and cash out from equities, i will pump a portion to ppty...

idk abt others...care sharing?

kingkong1984
05-11-10, 05:00
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/storyprintfriendly/0,4582,411821,00.html?

Business Times - 05 Nov 2010

Economists see more liquidity coming to Asia

Businesses here brace for forex fluctuation expected after QE2
By TEH SHI NING
THE US Federal Reserve's decision to buy US$600 billion in Treasury bonds over the next eight months will send more liquidity Asia's way and could spark more measures to contain speculative capital inflows here in Singapore, economists say.

Local businesses are also bracing themselves for the currency fluctuation expected to result from this second round of quantitative easing (QE2), though economists say the trade impact of a stronger Sing dollar will be tempered by the large import content of Singapore's exports.

The immediate impact of QE2 on companies here will be from the Sing dollar appreciating against the greenback, Singapore Business Federation (SBF) CEO Teng Theng Dar said. 'That will force our companies to look for immediate ways to cut costs or reduce margins (sales minus direct costs) to remain competitive on the export front,' he told BT.

Mr Teng thinks 'the fluctuation in forex will also cause serious challenges in trading and investments', especially with 70 per cent of the SMEs involved in the export of goods and services globally.

Economy observers, however, say the impact on trade growth should be limited. There will naturally be 'translation losses' as companies convert their US-dollar export earnings back to Sing dollars, says Citi economist Kit Wei Zheng. But the import-intensive nature of Singapore's trade remains a 'huge mitigating factor'. Raw materials and components are usually denominated in US dollar, so a stronger Sing dollar could benefit importers, manufacturers and those exporting import-intensive goods to a larger extent.

The impact of a stronger Sing dollar may also be 'overstated' since other Asian and developed country currencies have also strengthened against the dollar, said Barclays Capital economist Leong Wai Ho. 'So on a trade-weighted basis, the SGD has appreciated much less significantly,' he said.

Plus, stable appreciation typically does not affect exports as much, as exporters can easily hedge against that. 'It is the volatility in currency movements that is extremely detrimental to trade flows,' says DBS economist Irvin Seah, as hedging against erratic swings is expensive.

OCBC economist Selena Ling notes, though, that with the Sing dollar nominal effective exchange rate (SGD NEER) already at the stronger end of its parity band, the currency ripples from QE2 'may not sit too comfortably for exporters', especially since Q4 sentiment among manufacturers has turned cautious and October's electronics PMI showed a second month of contraction.
The Sing dollar has strengthened to just under $1.29 to the US dollar now, down from close to $1.36 in August when Fed chairman Ben Bernanke first signalled a QE move. Several emerging economies' policymakers have expressed their intention to invoke capital controls to stem the flood of liquidity headed their way with the Fed's money printing.

To SBF's Mr Teng, the worst-case scenario for businesses would be the escalation of these measures into a currency war which could negatively hit global trade and investments.

'Should such a protectionist and volatile environment take root, it is likely to pose significant risk for Singapore businesses, especially for exporters and manufacturers as they face the anxiety of currency fluctuation, the risk of inflation, as well as potential trade barriers in overseas markets,' Mr Teng said.
RBS economist Lim Su Sian thinks Singapore is likely to be one of the least interventionist in this region, in dealing with the influx of capital. 'In terms of depth of capital markets, I think we're able to better absorb these flows,' she said.

In fact, Mr Kit says the liquidity-associated capital inflows and positive sentiment 'could yield positive spillover effects for certain financial services with increased IPO and fund-raising activity, which are balanced against the negative impact of compressed net interest margins on bank loans'.

But with that comes speculative investment that could trigger a second round of macroprudential measures to ward off asset price inflation.

'More cooling measures are likely in store for the real estate sector, given that residential house prices appear to be resurgent,' said Mr Leong, who thinks these could take the form of further tightening of loan-to-valuation limits for second home buyers, or specific measures to curb foreign and institutional buyers.

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

kingkong1984
05-11-10, 05:30
1. Causes of Asian Financial Crisis - what can an early warning system model tell us?
http://www.adb.org/Documents/ERD/Working_Papers/wp026.pdf

2. Key indicators for Asia and Pacific.
http://www.adb.org/Documents/Books/Key_Indicators/2010/pdf/Key-Indicators-2010.pdf

3. Singapore News
http://www.adb.org/Singapore/news-releases.asp

kingkong1984
05-11-10, 05:34
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/storyprintfriendly/0,4582,411808,00.html?

Business Times - 05 Nov 2010

Helicopter Ben drops money from the sky
US$600b for QE2, but many economists are sceptical about its effectiveness
By VIKRAM KHANNA

BY UNLEASHING a second round of so-called quantitative easing - a polite euphemism for money printing - the United States Federal Reserve will make few new friends and more new enemies, especially in Asia. And this is unlikely to be the end of it either.

QE2, as it is called, was widely expected. The US economy is in the doldrums: unemployment is at 9.7 per cent, house prices are still falling, and consumer confidence is weak. Fiscal policy is effectively paralysed. The US$787 billion economic stimulus of 2009 has largely run its course.

The emergence of a Republican majority in the US House of Representatives in the midterm elections all but assures that there can be little fiscal activism - at least on the expansionary side - for the two remaining years of Barack Obama's presidency. This means that when it comes to US economic policy, the Federal Reserve is now the only game in town.

Having already sliced the Fed funds rate to almost zero, the Fed appears to have decided to throw caution to the wind, at least for now. It will expand its balance sheet - in other words, buy US Treasury bonds and other securities - as much as is needed to revive the US economy. In QE2, it will buy US$600 billion worth by the end of June next year. But it might not stop there. The Fed says it will 'regularly review the pace of its securities purchases and the overall size of the asset-purchase program in light of incoming information and will adjust the program as needed to best foster maximum employment and price stability'.

In other words, if QE2 doesn't work, expect a QE3 - maybe even a QE4. The Fed has effectively announced it is prepared to print money on a heroic scale, if that is what it takes. 'Helicopter Ben' - as the Fed chairman is sometimes described, in an allusion to a central banker dropping currency notes indiscriminately from a helicopter - is living up to his nickname.

If the impact of QE2 falls primarily on the domestic US economy, Mr Bernanke would be vindicated; if, as a result, US mortgage rates fall low enough to make people buy more houses and arrest the slide in home prices, if US inflation goes up and encourages American consumers to open their wallets (as well as reduce the real value of US debt), if super-low interest rates induce companies to borrow and invest more, we might yet see a US economic recovery get under way.

Alas, that is not what many economists expect. Harvard professor Martin Feldstein points out, for instance, that it is moot whether a 20 basis point reduction in mortgage rates would be sufficient to arrest the slide in home prices. Economists also note that with inflation running below 2 per cent, a lot more QE would be needed to get it to a level that spurs more buying. And with unemployment - as well as spare industrial capacity - still running high, companies don't have much incentive to invest.

This suggests that the main effects of QE2, at least initially, will be felt outside the US. A lot of the excess liquidity is already ending up as capital inflows into emerging market economies, mostly in Asia, and also other developed countries, as investors chase higher yields. According to global fund tracker EPFR, flows into emerging market funds have been US$46.4 billion in the year to the fourth week of October compared with US$9.4 billion for all of 2009. Across the Asia-Pacific, currencies are being pushed up. The Australian dollar is at a 28-year high against the greenback. The Japanese yen is at close to a 15-year high. The Singapore dollar (around 1.29 to the US dollar) is at a record level.

Brazil and Thailand - also hit by rising currencies - have already imposed taxes on capital inflows. The Korean central bank has indicated that it will 'aggressively' consider doing so. There are indications that Asian central banks might even act in concert to ward off what could be a bubble-inducing wave of capital.

However, in the face of a determined Federal Reserve, it must be said that there is not a great deal that other central banks can do, beyond protesting. By flooding the world with liquidity, the Fed is effectively pressuring countries to let their currencies rise against the dollar - or face the increasingly rising costs of not doing so. We will have to wait till the G-20 meetings in Seoul next week for the next instalment of this dramatic saga.

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

richwang
05-11-10, 21:44
I would like to elaborate further. It was a new launch and the project was sold out on the very first day except the PH units. ...

Care to share which project? Since you are the owner now, free advertisement for your project.

Thanks,
Richard

bargain hunter
05-11-10, 22:14
that is also the reason why i m more positive on equities than ppty for sometime already.

i believes most of it goes to equities/commodities

if i make $ and cash out from equities, i will pump a portion to ppty...

idk abt others...care sharing?

new2mondrian
06-11-10, 13:40

Thanks,
Richard

nuts... i just bought another FH within 100m radius of PI for approx $700psf. PI pricing is simply unrealistic.

mcmlxxvi
06-11-10, 13:50
Is the most expensive Fragrance project ever in terms of resale.

kingkong1984
06-11-10, 14:37
Is the most expensive Fragrance project ever in terms of resale.
Best quality right? Fantastic location and good rental potential.

rattydrama
06-11-10, 15:54
Best quality right? Fantastic location and good rental potential.

Fragrance best quality huh?

rattydrama
06-11-10, 16:14
nuts... i just bought another FH within 100m radius of PI for approx $700psf. PI pricing is simply unrealistic.
care to share how recent is your recent and for what size and how many beds?
Thanks

richwang
06-11-10, 18:27
After 4 record high transaction of S$650K for 398 sqft studio (S$1632 psf) in Aug/Sept. It is now S$633K (S$1589 psf) in Oct.
The price is softening now?

Thanks,
Richard

new2mondrian
06-11-10, 22:17
care to share how recent is your recent and for what size and how many beds?
Thanks
4 bedders. Mid floor. No planter, no bay window, small Aircon ledge. Full livable space. Rooms are all good sized and and every room can fit a king sized bed. Not too bad for the location. :)

devilplate
07-11-10, 00:33
4 bedders. Mid floor. No planter, no bay window, small Aircon ledge. Full livable space. Rooms are all good sized and and every room can fit a king sized bed. Not too bad for the location. :)

its like yi mei garden vs kovan grandeur, champagne vs ebony, casa sarina vs suites@eunos

mcmlxxvi
07-11-10, 09:02
its like yi mei garden vs kovan grandeur, champagne vs ebony, casa sarina vs suites@eunos

Yes and no la. Should be Astoria Park vs Ebony. Le Reve vs Suites @ Eunos?

Anyway bro Devil u r v familiar with the area hor? Vested there?

devilplate
07-11-10, 10:09
Yes and no la. Should be Astoria Park vs Ebony. Le Reve vs Suites @ Eunos?

Anyway bro Devil u r v familiar with the area hor? Vested there?
I m fam with D15 to 18...14 not as gd.

new2mondrian
07-11-10, 11:17

U are good!!! Anyway I like older properties. Good value for money and the rooms are large. The masterbedroom is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Can put two study tables, a couch and a king sized bed. Really spacious. Current crop of MM units have very tight living spaces.

I like the pasir panjang/south buona vista area. Very green and tranquil and close to holland/one north area; not to mention it is all freehold. Better than the 99yr LH properties ard Dover and one north areas.

rattydrama
07-11-10, 11:24
agree, this is so far the best gems around during this period. FH, near town, near science park, near institutions. Near but not too near hospital. It is a good deal to get at 700 psf.

U are good!!! Anyway I like older properties. Good value for money and the rooms are large. The masterbedroom is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Can put two study tables, a couch and a king sized bed. Really spacious. Current crop of MM units have very tight living spaces.

I like the pasir panjang/south buona vista area. Very green and tranquil and close to holland/one north area; not to mention it is all freehold. Better than the 99yr LH properties ard Dover and one north areas.

devilplate
07-11-10, 11:28

u r always very confident and happy with ur purchases. reap both tangible and intangibles benefits....$$$ well spent:spliff:

i ever got 'buyer's remorse' b4 wor:ashamed1: .....must really learn from u:D

devilplate
07-11-10, 11:49
has any1 done MAJOR Reno b4? i hf seen old run down and 'cheap' condo but nvr commit due to the hassle and unforeseen reno cost...

how much does it cost to change pipings, re-wiring, etc(ie. change all the internal stuff, complete overhaul)...it involves lots of hecking rite as its all concealed....i ever heck and change aircon pipes only which oredi costs me a bomb:scared-3:

Old HDBs easier to repipe/rewire as mostly r not concealed and quite affordable(cost less den 10k for a 5rm flat to do complete overhaul)...

new2mondrian
07-11-10, 12:27
u r always very confident and happy with ur purchases. reap both tangible and intangibles benefits....$$$ well spent:spliff:

i ever got 'buyer's remorse' b4 wor:ashamed1: .....must really learn from u:D

Dun brood on the purchase and just make the best of it, that's how I stay positive. I pay a lot of attention to psf pricing, layout of unit and location. As long as these 3 factors are attractive, everything else can rectified thru renovation.

I usually change the kitchen, and bathroom floor and wall tiles, and give the unit a nice new coat of paint. Makes a lot of difference. And doesn't cost too much.

richwang
07-11-10, 18:17

Are you getting LE HILL?

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
07-11-10, 18:33
Dun brood on the purchase and just make the best of it, that's how I stay positive. I pay a lot of attention to psf pricing, layout of unit and location. As long as these 3 factors are attractive, everything else can rectified thru renovation.

I usually change the kitchen, and bathroom floor and wall tiles, and give the unit a nice new coat of paint. Makes a lot of difference. And doesn't cost too much.

potential leaking which is not just limited to the bathrooms areas...potential frequent short circuit/power trips due to worn-out/hardened wirings...

i hf seen a unit which is only 8yo and spotted leaking problems on all bedrooms walls and bathrooms(suspected a/c pipes leaking)...big problems with concealed pipings....gd to see nia...hehe

new2mondrian
08-11-10, 21:55
potential leaking which is not just limited to the bathrooms areas...potential frequent short circuit/power trips due to worn-out/hardened wirings...

i hf seen a unit which is only 8yo and spotted leaking problems on all bedrooms walls and bathrooms(suspected a/c pipes leaking)...big problems with concealed pipings....gd to see nia...hehe

Actually leaking can mean all sorts of issues. One of the key things which I look out for is structural issues - any cracks on key beams, spalling concrete or leaky ceilings. Walk around the whole devt, esp car park area and watch for signs of leaks. If it is false ceiling of the unit that leaks but areas without false ceilings (eg store and yard area) look fine, usually it's the aircon pipes. One thing which I like about older devts is that shoddy workmanship tend to show up within the first 5 years. After which I'd be able to gauge from the central beams and ceilings if the building structure is acceptable. Other things such as dated tiles and old furniture can be easily rectified.

There are certain types of units which I do not buy though, cos I deem them to be ticking time bombs. Units that are directly under a swimming pool (common for some boutique devts which the upstairs is the penthouse with private pool) or the top-floor units are naturally out. The ceilings of such units will inevitably leak with time, which spells big trouble cos rectification, if any, will be a costly and long-drawn affair.

Richwang, I like LeHill! Have been snooping ard for a while but haven't found a suitably priced unit yet. There's also a devt called The Peak up at Pepys Hill. Too bad units there are too exp. Otherwise would be at the top of my list. Sigh. The whole of pasir panjang hill and south buona vista has potential, being located in between One North and PSA port. A straight drive down will hit vivo. A curved drive up will hit One North. When the whole One North cluster and circle line is up, freehold south buona vista area would be a steal at 7xxpsf. My two cents.

rattydrama
09-11-10, 08:52
Spalling concrete usually due to water seepage over time and it appears at weakest point, usually areas above toilet or kitchen and yes swimming pools. It can be rectified through proper grouting works if the area is not too big. Usually it happens overtime and not immediate so good workmanship is important. Thus buying from reputable developer is key.

teddybear
09-11-10, 08:59
What if reputable developers uses unknown contractors? It seems that (and confirmed by actual surveys by many people that) buying properties built by good construction contractors are more important! Developers only determine the design and facilities, while qualities depend on construction contractors. Unfortunately, reputable main-con may use many sub-cons and that is where the weak points lies (and so no guarantee of qualities too despite more reputable main-con)!

Spalling concrete usually due to water seepage over time and it appears at weakest point, usually areas above toilet or kitchen and yes swimming pools. It can be rectified through proper grouting works if the area is not too big. Usually it happens overtime and not immediate so good workmanship is important. Thus buying from reputable developer is key.

rattydrama
09-11-10, 10:51
These days reputable developers will use reputable main contractors and reputable main contractors will have few of their in house trade contractors to do the work.

Some developers pair up with main contractor and some main contractors have become developers themselves.

What I know is Far East uses Lian Beng Contractor. Woh Hup themselves are developer and main contractor.

The only thing about shoddy workmanship is when market very bad and smaller contractor / developer went burst and project under novation. The quality of the workmanship will be compensated due to the change of contractor and anyone buying into these projects will be in grave situation.

Some well known developer also built projects of lousy workmanship in the past. So it is not a 100% thing but reputable developers generally will provide better quality projects.

What if reputable developers uses unknown contractors? It seems that (and confirmed by actual surveys by many people that) buying properties built by good construction contractors are more important! Developers only determine the design and facilities, while qualities depend on construction contractors. Unfortunately, reputable main-con may use many sub-cons and that is where the weak points lies (and so no guarantee of qualities too despite more reputable main-con)!

teddybear
09-11-10, 11:50
1) Not true. It all depends on costs and their tenders for the project.
Another issue is when the developers sold the project at cheap price and then costs of construction went up by a lot (many examples around) and then you get developers squeezing main-cons and main-cons squeezing sub-cons and poor quality materials and worksmanship comes in.

2) The chance of you getting a quality project from a reputable-for-quality main-con is much higher than from a so-called well-known developer.

These days reputable developers will use reputable main contractors and reputable main contractors will have few of their in house trade contractors to do the work.

Some developers pair up with main contractor and some main contractors have become developers themselves.

What I know is Far East uses Lian Beng Contractor. Woh Hup themselves are developer and main contractor.

The only thing about shoddy workmanship is when market very bad and smaller contractor / developer went burst and project under novation. The quality of the workmanship will be compensated due to the change of contractor and anyone buying into these projects will be in grave situation.

Some well known developer also built projects of lousy workmanship in the past. So it is not a 100% thing but reputable developers generally will provide better quality projects.

mcmlxxvi
09-11-10, 12:53
I have personally experienced this 'wrong contractor makes a huge difference phenomena' for City Regency which sold in 2005 or 2006 but only TOP in 2009 being only one single block with barely any facilities.

The main con that time was some cheena sounding Peoy Heng or something and really couldn't make it until mid 2009 still no progress or only the basement dug. FG, the regular con of Fragrance then took over and wah lau within couple of months the whole building appeared and TOP in early Dec 2009. Ask the residents around the area and they will prove its true.

rattydrama
09-11-10, 13:04
1) Developer and main con have reputation to uphold and there is a min. as to where they can go. There is code of practice to follow and clerk of works checks during construction period, QP, PE to check and sign. But sparing concrete etc if difficult to tell as it only appear after sometime. If it really happens, hopefully within the DLP period and within the 5 year warranty period.

2) If the developer don’t care of their reputation than got nothing to say. Caveat emptor.

3) “Developers squeezing main-cons and main-cons squeezing sub-cons and poor quality materials and workmanship comes in” - This will happen when market is really bad. What comes around goes around. The sub-con trade contractors may not want to work for them anymore and industrial player will spread news of their ill practices.

rattydrama
09-11-10, 13:05
how is the workmanship?

I have personally experienced this 'wrong contractor makes a huge difference phenomena' for City Regency which sold in 2005 or 2006 but only TOP in 2009 being only one single block with barely any facilities.

The main con that time was some cheena sounding Peoy Heng or something and really couldn't make it until mid 2009 still no progress or only the basement dug. FG, the regular con of Fragrance then took over and wah lau within couple of months the whole building appeared and TOP in early Dec 2009. Ask the residents around the area and they will prove its true.

teddybear
09-11-10, 14:48
What you said probably true for luxury projects where they want to sell at >$2000 psf and above. For those <$1000 psf, the price already tell you the quality. :banghead: There is only caveat emptor - the reputable developers didn't lie to you that the projects going to be luxury (/quality) right? :D
All the so-called checks are just rubbish. You can have them scoring CONQUAS score of >90% for worksmanship but quality still sucks! (In that within 3-5 years, everything peeling/dropping off or getting spoilt / waters leaking!). Note that CONQUAS score only scores for initial worksmanship, not quality of materials used! :banghead:

1) Developer and main con have reputation to uphold and there is a min. as to where they can go. There is code of practice to follow and clerk of works checks during construction period, QP, PE to check and sign. But sparing concrete etc if difficult to tell as it only appear after sometime. If it really happens, hopefully within the DLP period and within the 5 year warranty period.

2) If the developer don’t care of their reputation than got nothing to say. Caveat emptor.

3) “Developers squeezing main-cons and main-cons squeezing sub-cons and poor quality materials and workmanship comes in” - This will happen when market is really bad. What comes around goes around. The sub-con trade contractors may not want to work for them anymore and industrial player will spread news of their ill practices.

rattydrama
09-11-10, 16:35
this double checks is necessary to prevent another Hotel New World collapse. :-) so it is still necessary bah.

mcmlxxvi
09-11-10, 18:52
how is the workmanship?

Surprisingly not too bad at all! Two hands more than enough to count all detailed defects.

Fleur
09-11-10, 21:51
They say the the container port will eventually move out and the whole area can be developed into a waterfront place. But where can the port move to? Can someone enlighten me?

proud owner
09-11-10, 22:09
They say the the container port will eventually move out and the whole area can be developed into a waterfront place. But where can the port move to? Can someone enlighten me?

who are THEY ?

there has been alot of talks about moving the port but some also said that it is expanding still .. no sign of moving ...

even if there's plan it will be a long time more before it happens

best is still to buy with the intention to stay .. if it happens good .. if not ..still ok ..

Fleur
09-11-10, 22:41
THEY....
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20101102-245356.html

SINGAPORE - As City Developments (CDL) announced yesterday that about 75 per cent of the 150 units at its freehold Glyndebourne condo have been sold since the preview began on Friday, some other developers are rushing to try to release projects before the year-end holiday season sets in.
UOL Group is expected to preview the freehold Spottiswoode Residences condo next week, and the price is expected to be about $2,000 per square feet (psf). About 90 per cent of the 351 units comprise one-bedroom, one-bedroom-plus-study and two-bedroom apartments.
The project, a 36-storey tower, is next to Spottiswoode Park, a green lung in the area, and close to Tanjong Pagar, which is slated to be transformed into a new bustling waterfront district after the container terminals in the vicinity eventually move out.

rattydrama
10-11-10, 13:03
Its not for pasir panjang but tg pagar if you read the details. So cannot hope for that to happen over at D5.

stalingrad
10-11-10, 13:14
haha, that guy thinks that singapore is so small that when tangong pargar port is moved, it will take along with it the parsir panjang port. No, these are separate ports, and they are not going to move at the same time.

Fleur
11-11-10, 21:08
haha, that guy thinks that singapore is so small that when tangong pargar port is moved, it will take along with it the parsir panjang port. No, these are separate ports, and they are not going to move at the same time.

You are wrong. That is not what I meant. By the way, both are still ports of Singapore and there are synergy with both alongside. WWhat I meant is if they ever move, where can they even move to?

DC33_2008
12-11-10, 08:22
Is there good view towards the sea developments at D5?

rattydrama
12-11-10, 22:03
You are wrong. That is not what I meant. By the way, both are still ports of Singapore and there are synergy with both alongside. WWhat I meant is if they ever move, where can they even move to?

The last I read was to look at Tuas area and for that it is for Tanjong Pagar. Pasir panjang still going strong maybe not in our life time.

rattydrama
12-11-10, 22:06
Is there good view towards the sea developments at D5?

still sea view. Not that bad but the problem is the plot ratio is just 1.4 so cannot build as high as those at East Coast areas.

I am just hoping that if possible government up the plot ratio (but unlikely) then we can have really nice sea view @ high floors.

richwang
14-11-10, 15:52
I took a bus from Science Park 2 to Vivo City last Friday 7:00pm to attend Company D&D at Sentosa. Any guess how long it took me?

50 mins!

The trafic was really bad. Developer would advertise 15 mins drive. It is true in non peak hours, but not Friday evenings.

Thanks,
Richard

mcmlxxvi
14-11-10, 16:08
I took a bus from Science Park 2 to Vivo City last Friday 7:00pm to attend Company D&D at Sentosa. Any guess how long it took me?

50 mins!

The trafic was really bad. Developer would advertise 15 mins drive. It is true in non peak hours, but not Friday evenings.

Thanks,
Richard

Bus needs to start stop open close doors to let passengers board and alight, plus the speed limit. How to compare?

applelemon
16-11-10, 20:26
Every part of Singapore is congested. I can only think of lim chu kana far
Roads not congested ...

50 mins!

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
24-11-10, 18:25
From its peak of S$1600 psf in Aug, it is coming down to less than S$1500 psf. Reasonable move.

Thanks,
Richard

wesing
08-12-10, 09:42
Any idea what is the rental for a 1-bedder at Parc Imperial? Saw one indicating $3k for a 495 sq ft unit!

A bit steep. My friend rent a similar size unit at Urban Loft (beside Farrer Park MRT) at $2,700 only.

Since Parc Imperial got no MRT nearby and so ulu, I thought it should be not more than $2,700. I would think $2,100-$2,500 would be a better range:D

devilplate
08-12-10, 09:44
Any idea what is the rental for a 1-bedder at Parc Imperial? Saw one indicating $3k for a 495 sq ft unit!

A bit steep. My friend rent a similar size unit at Urban Loft (beside Farrer Park MRT) at $2,700 only.

Since Parc Imperial got no MRT nearby and so ulu, I thought it should be not more than $2,700. I would think $2,100-$2,500 would be a better range:D

studio around 2.2k and 1bedder ard 2.5k now

richwang
08-12-10, 09:53
MRT Station is just next door (but will only open next year.) For 2 years' contract that will be factored in.

Thanks,
Richard

victorchoo
08-12-10, 09:57

I think you can get it at $2500 with 2 yrs contract. partial furnished.

plan
08-12-10, 10:12

You are wrong lah, underground mrt is just less 50m away, opening early 2011.

victorchoo
08-12-10, 11:03
And I should think the asking price for rental will go up slightly once the MRT is up next yr.

rattydrama
08-12-10, 14:49
What about rental for a 3bedder in this area? possible to be at 4.5K

victorchoo
08-12-10, 15:39
I should think it's negotiable? :rolleyes:

proud owner
08-12-10, 22:02
You are wrong lah, underground mrt is just less 50m away, opening early 2011.

any idea which month ?

richwang
12-12-10, 20:11
I heard the train station will only open towards end of Year 2011.
The construction of stations are still on going. After TOP, there will be a couple of months for SMRT to test and take over. So it is unlikely the stations can open early 2011.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
12-12-10, 20:15
Funny enough, the 3 bedders rental for that project can be as low as 3k+. Here are some of the reasons: 1) the owners bought it at very low price. It was sold at 900K for the 3 bedders (very small - 904 sqft). 2) the whole project are mainly studios. So family may prefer some other projects.

Thanks,
Richard

proud owner
13-12-10, 11:13
I heard the train station will only open towards end of Year 2011.
The construction of stations are still on going. After TOP, there will be a couple of months for SMRT to test and take over. So it is unlikely the stations can open early 2011.

Thanks,
Richard

so those who pays higher rent for being near this MRT lugi ? for almost whole year no MRT ... so near and yet so far ....

devilplate
13-12-10, 11:18
so those who pays higher rent for being near this MRT lugi ? for almost whole year no MRT ... so near and yet so far ....

not really....tat area 1bedder oredi command 2.5k for those not near MRT

kingkong1984
14-12-10, 11:45
Lesson learnt, buy mm in only mm devt

rattydrama
14-12-10, 20:07
why leh? u mean mixed bed development not so good? Got better amenities wat?:confused:

mcmlxxvi
14-12-10, 21:06

MM always gives the best performance in terms of rental yield.

Regulators
14-12-10, 23:06
I think mickey mouse in OCR yet to be tried and tested like Estuary

MM always gives the best performance in terms of rental yield.

patricia
15-12-10, 12:56
I think mickey mouse in OCR yet to be tried and tested like EstuaryWehn will Estuary TOP? It will be interesting to watch how well/bad she will performance.

mcmlxxvi
15-12-10, 18:59
Based on URA map Telok Kurau (right of Still Rd) OCR but their MM fetches high yield...

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ccr.pdf

Can argue itis still fringe of RCR... So to be sure let's look at TOP soon Eastwood Regency - definitely OCR MM by Fragrance see how much they rent out.

devilplate
15-12-10, 19:09
MM near kembangan MRT very good yield

mcmlxxvi
15-12-10, 19:35
MM near kembangan MRT very good yield

Yeah i think MMNMRT are a class of their own regardless of location... Basically people will pay more for not having to be in the sun nor rain too long and constantly bathed in aircon....

PropertiesHunter
06-01-11, 16:51
Parc Imperial Micky mouse unit now 1742psf for 388sqft. Break record for district 5. Highest in Capital gain.

Congratuation for those who HOLD.

MRT is coming to give u another lift.

:)

kingkong1984
06-01-11, 17:28
why leh? u mean mixed bed development not so good? Got better amenities wat?:confused:

missed this.. yes.. mixed bed with amenities better...but both go for smallest unit.

mcmlxxvi
09-01-11, 09:16
Parc Imperial Micky mouse unit now 1742psf for 388sqft. Break record for district 5. Highest in Capital gain.

Congratuation for those who HOLD.

MRT is coming to give u another lift.

:)

Are we gonna hit 2000 for district 5 mm???

rattydrama
09-01-11, 09:56
missed this.. yes.. mixed bed with amenities better...but both go for smallest unit.

thanks, tats what I think as well but have yet to venture and compete in MMs ... so if I buy MM, will go for big project with few MM units within....caspian not a bad choice, just out of my head.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 09:57
very unlikely in Y2011.

devilplate
09-01-11, 10:45

when the MRT open and if rental can shoot up to 2.8k for studios....388X2000=776k....quantum still low....haha

kingkong1984
09-01-11, 11:00
when the MRT open and if rental can shoot up to 2.8k for studios....388X2000=776k....quantum still low....haha

Interesting pricing. Would anyone go for a 1 bedded here at 780k now versus a ready built 2 bedder 388x2 sqf at D23. Both near met but one LH and 1 FH. You might want to compare with micasa 9xx sqf size transacted recently at about 800k. Would like to use the warren but age difference too wide. Both should be relatively new for comparison sake. Beside individual preference differences, which is more practical to someone who works in Jurong east and not driving. Thinking about buyer mentality.

P.s. Not vested at those mentioned.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 11:04

776K for mm units.....388 sqft......chewing.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 11:07
Interesting pricing. Would anyone go for a 1 bedded here at 780k now versus a ready built 2 bedder 388x2 sqf at D23. Both near met but one LH and 1 FH. You might want to compare with micasa 9xx sqf size transacted recently at about 800k. Would like to use the warren but age difference too wide. Both should be relatively new for comparison sake. Beside individual preference differences, which is more practical to someone who works in Jurong east and not driving. Thinking about buyer mentality.

P.s. Not vested at those mentioned.

I have vested interested in both Districts.
I will go for D23 for amenities and ease of traveling via MRT.

D5 so far nothing only MRT. D5 MM easy to rent on all market conditions? I am not sure cos never rent out before.

yukiari
10-01-11, 15:21
484 sqft at $740K original condition from developer ( without lighting) ground floor.. do you guys think the price is too steep ? was wonder why the psf price is so high for this location for the past 6 months, went to see and noticed the floor in the bedroom is bit moldy , is it due to too near to the pool?

Desperado1967
31-01-11, 13:20
484 sqft at $740K original condition from developer ( without lighting) ground floor.. do you guys think the price is too steep ? was wonder why the psf price is so high for this location for the past 6 months, went to see and noticed the floor in the bedroom is bit moldy , is it due to too near to the pool?
Direct from Developer? Thought all units sold out during launch?

proud owner
31-01-11, 13:25

so expensive

i drove pass there its going to be noisy lah ...

still construction around

why dun consider older condos ?

recently my frnd bought sarhad view 12xx sfqt 3 bedroom just slightly over 1mio ... very good layout .. quiet and the condo is very well maintain

maybe a little further to MRT than Parc Imperial ... but seriously ..the mRT is not even up

sarhad walk to pasir panjang stn also not far ...

stalingrad
31-01-11, 13:37
so expensive

i drove pass there its going to be noisy lah ...

still construction around

recently my frnd bought sarhad view 12xx sfqt 3 bedroom just slightly over 1mio ... very good layout .. quiet and the condo is very well maintain

maybe a little further to MRT than Parc Imperial ... but seriously ..the mRT is not even up

I notice that traffic on west coast highway has increased dramatically in the last few months. that definitely would impact the value of this condo.

rattydrama
31-01-11, 13:50

read somewhere agent bou few units not sure if they have already off load.... maybe they are "from developer"

new2mondrian
01-02-11, 12:14

Not bad a deal. What is the psf that your friend paid for?

I am bullish about pasir panjang. Seriously underpriced for some of the older condos at 700-850psf. Freehold. That area has no lack of tenants. Mapletree business city, science park, fusionopolis, mediapolis, biopolis, even habourfront and rws. $1m thereabouts can get a decent 3-4 bedder, 1200-1300sqft. Rental at 3.3-3.5k will have no lack of takers.

proud owner
01-02-11, 13:18
Not bad a deal. What is the psf that your friend paid for?

I am bullish about pasir panjang. Seriously underpriced for some of the older condos at 700-850psf. Freehold. That area has no lack of tenants. Mapletree business city, science park, fusionopolis, mediapolis, biopolis, even habourfront and rws. $1m thereabouts can get a decent 3-4 bedder, 1200-1300sqft. Rental at 3.3-3.5k will have no lack of takers.

a friend paid like 780k 2 yrs back .. sold at 1.1 mio

then another friend bought a very nicely , newly renovated unit end 2010 (dec caveat) ..bought after 1 viewing ... below 1000 psf ..cheap ..considering its newly renovated ...

mygeemeel
01-02-11, 20:06
Probably most people are unaware, PSA will continue to expand Pasir Panjang terminal until 2015-2016. By then this area will have a lot of containers trucks throughout the day.

There is bound to be a lot of noise and air pollution. Many other development to choose from, I'd avoid this.:2cents:

Regulators
02-02-11, 09:39
Isn't Jurong worse? :doh:

There is bound to be a lot of noise and air pollution. Many other development to choose from, I'd avoid this.:2cents:

mygeemeel
02-02-11, 11:28
Isn't Jurong worse? :doh:

Do the site comparison yourself. I have to commute between two offices everyday, one in Jurong and one in Pasir Panjang (near to PSA). I know what I am talking about.

proud owner
02-02-11, 11:35
Do the site comparison yourself. I have to commute between two offices everyday, one in Jurong and one in Pasir Panjang (near to PSA). I know what I am talking about.

to be fair ... pasir panjang is a very long road ,,, stretches from south buona vista , thru clementi ..to west coast ...

i feel the end closer to SBV rd is so much nicer .... and better ... then the NUS end and beyond

do u agree ?

mygeemeel
02-02-11, 11:43
to be fair ... pasir panjang is a very long road ,,, stretches from south buona vista , thru clementi ..to west coast ...

i feel the end closer to SBV rd is so much nicer .... and better ... then the NUS end and beyond

do u agree ?

I agree. There are better condos along Pasir Panjang. But Parc Imperial is situated at a disadvantage location. The condos towards NUS are faced with container trucks. Worse during day time than night.

If ships berth at night, crane noises is throughout the night.

Regulators
02-02-11, 11:56
I think the constant noise of MRT track 12 hours a day is even worse. :doh:

I agree. There are better condos along Pasir Panjang. But Parc Imperial is situated at a disadvantage location. The condos towards NUS are faced with container trucks. Worse during day time than night.

proud owner
02-02-11, 12:01
I think the constant noise of MRT track 12 hours a day is even worse. :doh:

according to the master plan ...

the will be a LRT station at Haw par villa stn ... and LRT will be 'above-ground' ?

i wonder how or where it will run along PP road .... ?

if you drive along west coast high way ... from haw par part to clementi rd .. yuo will notice that there are alot of land fbetween the landed houses and the main road ... maybe the LRT will run along there ...

Regulators
02-02-11, 12:02
You may be interested to read the article below from someone living near MRT track so as to prepare you mentally for your new home in caspian :D

MRT trains are causing too much noise

Tue, Dec 02, 2008
my paper

By Mr Soo Ann Poh

It is good to know that SMRT is rolling out more train trips every week for commuters.

But that, unfortunately, is bad for those who live near MRT stations or tracks.

The increased speed and frequency of the trains have created more noise pollution for these people. I am one of them.

The noise starts as early as 5.30am and stops only after 12.30am. It is worst during peak hours.

The noise level ranges from 55 to 70 dB.

This exceeds the World Health Organisation's guideline values, which state that the range of noise levels inside bedrooms during the night should be lower than 30 dB - and no higher than a maximum of 45 dB - to avoid sleep disturbance.

The continuous noise from the trains is annoying and distracts people from working, studying and sleeping.

I hope SMRT, the Land Transport Authority, the National Environment Agency, and the Ministry of Environment can look into the problem and come up with solutions that would benefit everyone.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Regulators
02-02-11, 12:05
i am not aware that they were going to have lrt there, i thought it was just going to be an underground mrt

the will be a LRT station at Haw par villa stn ... and LRT will be 'above-ground' ?

if you drive along west coast high way ... from haw par part to clementi rd .. yuo will notice that there are alot of land fbetween the landed houses and the main road ... maybe the LRT will run along there ...

Regulators
02-02-11, 12:22
Another piece of science for you about MRT noise and how it affects your health :D

"The noise interferes with sleep in a number of ways like causing a person to awaken repeatedly, resulting in poor sleep quality as well as other impacts. It also alters sleep pattern by causing sleep to change from heavier to lighter sleep. It reduces the percentage and total time in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. The noise affects slow wave sleep, increase body movement and change cardiovascular responses. Subjected to 45 decibels of noise, the average person cannot sleep. These affect mood and performance the next day and have adverse longer term effects. The train noise level at the affected areas is typically above 60 dB (allowed by NEA), very much above the healthy limit (about 30-35 dB) recommended by WHO and values adopted by First World countries. "

proud owner
02-02-11, 12:28
Another piece of science for you about MRT noise and how it affects your health :D

"The noise interferes with sleep in a number of ways like causing a person to awaken repeatedly, resulting in poor sleep quality as well as other impacts. It also alters sleep pattern by causing sleep to change from heavier to lighter sleep. It reduces the percentage and total time in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. The noise affects slow wave sleep, increase body movement and change cardiovascular responses. Subjected to 45 decibels of noise, the average person cannot sleep. These affect mood and performance the next day and have adverse longer term effects. The train noise level at the affected areas is typically above 60 dB (allowed by NEA), very much above the healthy limit (about 30-35 dB) recommended by WHO and values adopted by First World countries. "

wow so serious ?

i guess if it is true ..then people just get used to it ... and the body adjusts to it ... without really realising how it has affected them .....

kingkong1984
02-02-11, 12:39
if facing mrt tracks, worst than facing church, temple n mosque. :)

Regulators
02-02-11, 12:41
my sister in law lives about 100m from the track in clementi already very jialat, what more about the track directly in front of the 2 bedr in caspian? Investors buying to flip for profit okay, but to those who say they don't mind living in front of the MRT track for the next 10 years, they better think again. Don't actually need to be in the unit to know, just go to the hdb flat opposite caspian and take a lift up to the mid floor and high floor, the noise is damn loud and clear even if you dont face the track.

wow so serious ?

i guess if it is true ..then people just get used to it ... and the body adjusts to it ... without really realising how it has affected them .....

kingkong1984
02-02-11, 12:50
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1gktKRvoGA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

proud owner
02-02-11, 12:53
my sister in law lives about 100m from the track in clementi already very jialat, what more about the track directly in front of the 2 bedr in caspian? Investors buying to flip for profit okay, but to those who say they don't mind living in front of the MRT track for the next 10 years, they better think again. Don't actually need to be in the unit to know, just go to the hdb flat opposite caspian and take a lift up to the mid floor and high floor, the noise is damn loud and clear even if you dont face the track.

i live on the 31st flr in manhattan

i dun hear the subway ... BUT when on street level ... i can hear it ... loud ..and can feel a bit of rumbling ...

over at brooklyn ... when the subway comes above ground and thru the housing estates ... they slow down BUT still its a low rumbling ... i can hear it even when i am in the enclosed train .. let alone those on the outside ...

those who have taken the 7 train to watch the US Open will know what i mean ...
the daily contant noise can be a nuisance

Regulators
02-02-11, 12:56
i think some people are so overly excited about JLD that they forget about the basic conditions needed when buying a house. Already so much noise at work and outside and can't even return to a home to get some peace. i don't know what people are thinking these days

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1gktKRvoGA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

hopeful
02-02-11, 13:08
Thought people would be de-sensitized to noise already?

I enjoy white noise, those rumbling sounds, etc
I find it too quiet, even eerie if too quiet at night, so I leave tv on with low volume as background noise.

If focus enough on something enough, like reading a good book, the noise somehow "disappears".

proud owner
02-02-11, 13:13

I find it too quiet, even eerie if too quiet at night, so I leave tv on with low volume as background noise.

If focus enough on something enough, like reading a good book, the noise somehow "disappears".

my house in spore has a park behind ... in the night .. its so quiet .. i had to lower the tv to just 14 ( when living in the city, i had to tune to 28 before i could hear anything) ...

initially, the silence is deafening .... but after a week or so .. i actually enjoy the peace ...

Regulators
02-02-11, 13:20
you can sleep through the night with noise, but it affects your REM sleep and cause the sleep to be restless. A person sometimes wakes up feeling tired despite having more than 8 hours of sleep becoz during his sleep has subconsciously been disturbed by noise and/or light from the surroundings. You can try hard to focus and read with the noisy mrt track, but shouldnt a home be a place to relax and be comfortable?

hopeful
02-02-11, 13:29
you can sleep through the night with noise, but it affects your REM sleep and cause the sleep to be restless. A person sometimes wakes up feeling tired despite having more than 8 hours of sleep becoz during his sleep has subconsciously been disturbed by noise and/or light from the surroundings. You can try hard to focus and read with the noisy mrt track, but shouldnt a home be a place to relax and be comfortable?

so far my health is ok except for cholesterol and that's due to over-eating :)

I was raised in the city centre so probably adapted to it. The only noise I detest is a motorcyclist revving his bike. But if rev long enough, also ok for me. When I go to Singapore, the streets are too quiet, there are no cars honking at each other.

proud owner
02-02-11, 13:31

I was raised in the city centre so probably adapted to it. The only noise I detest is a motorcyclist revving his bike. But if rev long enough, also ok for me. When I go to Singapore, the streets are too quiet, there are no cars honking at each other.

what do you mean ?

hopeful
02-02-11, 13:32
what do you mean ?

I am not Singaporean, foreign investor in Singapore properties.

Regulators
02-02-11, 13:34
those small 100cc bikes sounds like giant mosquitoes, very irritating. Jap cars with fujitsubo/trust exos can also drive one made.

Regulators
02-02-11, 13:36
very interesting. what do your fellow foreign investor friends see of the singapore private property market going forward?

proud owner
02-02-11, 13:36

and you are not in spore now ?

where from ?

me sporean but in NYC

hopeful
02-02-11, 13:51
very interesting. what do your fellow foreign investor friends see of the singapore private property market going forward?
can only speak of my relatives. One just bought 2 newly launched condos, 1 CCR and 1 OCR, not sure before or after January measures.

Another one has just signed OTP for a completed condo (CCR) - my influence ;). after January measures.

Actually they subscribed to buy and hold, never sell, conservative.
Similar to your thinking.
They are thinking in terms of cash-to-cash returns.
D/P cash lets say 20%.
The principal portion of mortgage is about 4-5% per annum based on their cash outlay of 20%. so as long as rental can cover all expenses and net cash return is 0, they are happy already.
In another words, tenants will build up their equity in condos by 4-5% per annum - better than Singapore FD.

from the country that the ex-president called Singapore a tiny red dot :)

mygeemeel
02-02-11, 15:03
People... Let's stick to Parc Imperial and not deviate to grandmother grandfather stories. Regulator, I believe you know I am talking about you. :doh:

Regulators
02-02-11, 20:48
How can you say it is grandmothers story when I am bringing out important issues relating to health. You should thank me for sharing this useful piece of info with you instead of criticising
People... Let's stick to Parc Imperial and not deviate to grandmother grandfather stories. Regulator, I believe you know I am talking about you. :doh:

hopeful
03-02-11, 20:32
How can you say it is grandmothers story when I am bringing out important issues relating to health. You should thank me for sharing this useful piece of info with you instead of criticising

Teddybear concerned about hygiene/bacteria in wet market, will affect health.
Regulator concerned about noise effects on health.
Regulators and Teddybear. They are quite similar, health conscious.:D

patricia
04-02-11, 09:19
Teddybear concerned about hygiene/bacteria in wet market, will affect health.
Regulator concerned about noise effects on health.
Regulators and Teddybear. They are quite similar, health conscious.:DTeddybear said something not related to property while Regulator said property related stuff.In another word, Teddy sprout nonsense unlike Regulator:D

melody
04-02-11, 22:02
Why you so supportive of Regulator and helping him to scold all the bad words? Both of you registered in Apr 2009! Mmm, Regulator is Patricia and Patrica is Regulator? Double face and double head? :beats-me-man:

Teddybear said something not related to property while Regulator said property related stuff.In another word, Teddy sprout nonsense unlike Regulator:D

richwang
05-02-11, 02:08

The Developer bought 20 units facing swiming pool. Those units were not for sale at launch. I guess they just wanted to hold it until MRT is operational (Q4 2011).

It is normal for Developers to hold units in that area. FEO is holding Gold Coast (just for rent). I've recently discovered another business man holding the whole 50 units of The Estrella (I bet you cannot find info about this project in lots of property web sites).

The rental yield is not bad there. Eventually the huge 2nd hand car market will be re-developed.

HSBC is also moving to MalpeTree building. Who knows one day CBD will be expanded.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
05-02-11, 02:23

Haw Par Villa will be the interchange station for MRT and LRT. MRT are underground - indeed the track is not directly under Parc Imperial. The train line is at the opposite side of the West Coast High Way. So no issue about the underground noise or verberations. Lower floor units facing the high way is not that bad because the units are much lower than the high way. I've visited many units there, up to 3rd floor is still superisingly ok. (maybe because of the trees). For 4th floor and 5th floor facing the high way, you have to switch on the air condition all day. Most of the people will just rent for a year or two. Young professionals. I don't expect anyone spend the whole life staying there.
LRT stations would be near Science Park II junction, and near NUS Business School juction. You can see "state land" in those areas, big enough to build stations.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. I am still holding my unit there.