PDA

View Full Version : Callidora Ville (FH) Lor N Telok Kurau

3dchow
22-06-09, 17:47
Recently bought a unit at this 34 unit boutique development along Lor N Telok Kurau with a 25m Lap pool. TOP by end 2009. Anyone else also bought a unit there ? Thanks.

wqmai
22-06-09, 18:31
Recently bought a unit at this 34 unit boutique development along Lor N Telok Kurau with a 25m Lap pool. TOP by end 2009. Anyone else also bought a unit there ? Thanks.

Can share whats the sq ft of the unit u bought and how much psf?
I saw that from URA that its price is quite cheap. A 646 sq ft is transacted at $500k.

3dchow
22-06-09, 20:18
I saw that from URA that its price is quite cheap. A 646 sq ft is transacted at $500k.

that work out to be around 774psf & it was transacted probably near the low which is in Q1 this year. Also it could be on the ground flr which have around 2units if I remembered correctly, rest are on the 2nd flr onwards. No way to verify unless u know the buyer.

Ave px should be around 780-840psf. Bot the 1130sf unit.

Rite now property so hot, I guess hard to get below 800psf in D15 for new projects...look at seabreeze, was there over the weekend, jammed packed with people.

u looking too?

kEN9170
22-06-09, 21:07

FYI.

19 Lorong N Telok Kurau #02-05
Freehold
$774 psf
646sqft
Price : $500k
Contract Date : 13-Apr-09

wqmai
22-06-09, 22:56
that work out to be around 774psf & it was transacted probably near the low which is in Q1 this year. Also it could be on the ground flr which have around 2units if I remembered correctly, rest are on the 2nd flr onwards. No way to verify unless u know the buyer.

Ave px should be around 780-840psf. Bot the 1130sf unit.

Rite now property so hot, I guess hard to get below 800psf in D15 for new projects...look at seabreeze, was there over the weekend, jammed packed with people.

u looking too?

Yup. Looking too. But small development tend to be cheaper than big ones. Seabreeze is abt $1300 psf. If I got $$, I would rather get the small development in river valley, about $1,250 psf before the prices run up a few mths ago. Own preference la. Some people like big developments but
I prefer small ones. One of the consideration is also price la. Cant afford $1 milion, hehe.

pod
22-06-09, 23:55

Wah... u bought stack 8 isit? Good choice.

This development is nice. I also like!

I heard all sold except for few penthouse left.

Congrats to your purchase.

3dchow
23-06-09, 20:34
Wah... u bought stack 8 isit? Good choice.

This development is nice. I also like!

I heard all sold except for few penthouse left.

Congrats to your purchase.

kekeke..thanks. quite like it when we saw it. B4 tat seen medley & espiria as we r looking for small developments since big ones price has soared to 900-1000psf (esta, one amber).. Prefer its location (not too deep inside, near to still road & can walk to eateries in katong plus to Marine Cresent for marketing) & quite like the design too.

Only left 3 penthouse 1 week ago.

Did u buy?

3dchow
23-06-09, 20:42
Yup. Looking too. But small development tend to be cheaper than big ones. Seabreeze is abt $1300 psf. If I got $$, I would rather get the small development in river valley, about $1,250 psf before the prices run up a few mths ago. Own preference la. Some people like big developments but
I prefer small ones. One of the consideration is also price la. Cant afford $1 milion, hehe.

Yes, small ones will be cheaper & I'm budget constraint too, looking at 800psf..missed the boat at the beginning of the year when esta is around 800+ & thought it will come down further. Both got it advantage & disadvantage, so long as u like it..doesn't matter what people say. Just like every family got their own problems whether u r rich or poor.

Anyway, I think it is a good choice amongst some of the others I have seen. Lucky i "chop" it on time, now all sold except penthouse.

I'm into D15 area. Good luck in yr hunt in River Valley.........

3dchow
23-06-09, 20:43
FYI.

19 Lorong N Telok Kurau #02-05
Freehold
$774 psf
646sqft
Price : $500k
Contract Date : 13-Apr-09

Pardon me..how u get the details?

pod
23-06-09, 22:47
Was looking around and waiting for bankers reply but before i know it... all snapped up!! hahaha...

Happy for u bro! D15 rawks...

:D

kekeke..thanks. quite like it when we saw it. B4 tat seen medley & espiria as we r looking for small developments since big ones price has soared to 900-1000psf (esta, one amber).. Prefer its location (not too deep inside, near to still road & can walk to eateries in katong plus to Marine Cresent for marketing) & quite like the design too.

Only left 3 penthouse 1 week ago.

Did u buy?

Daniel Foo
23-06-09, 23:14
this is one of the worse project in Telok Kurau. On top on that this road many drivers who like to park their car along the road thus causing obstruction and making driving a nighmare along this road.
You will know what I mean if you stay there.

Dun know what is the appeal of this project....

Autonomy
24-06-09, 09:22
this is one of the worse project in Telok Kurau. On top on that this road many drivers who like to park their car along the road thus causing obstruction and making driving a nighmare along this road.

I think people who bought these areas have already taken into account the points you mentioned. Guess for them the pros of being near the coast and amenities with the price they are paying outweigh the cons thats why they bought it.

Its like people who are staying in downtown who have the brave the traffic jams and pass thru several erps just to get home everyday. Am sure they dont mind cos the draw of staying and investing in prime district outweighs all the hassle...

Or for people to stay in more outskirt places cos they like the serenity but have to travel a bit to the nearest amenities...

Maybe the place you are putting up have all the pros but none of the cons then let us in on your findings... am sure alot of people will wanna stay around that area :)

wqmai
24-06-09, 16:15
I think people who bought these areas have already taken into account the points you mentioned. Guess for them the pros of being near the coast and amenities with the price they are paying outweigh the cons thats why they bought it.

Its like people who are staying in downtown who have the brave the traffic jams and pass thru several erps just to get home everyday. Am sure they dont mind cos the draw of staying and investing in prime district outweighs all the hassle...

Or for people to stay in more outskirt places cos they like the serenity but have to travel a bit to the nearest amenities...

Maybe the place you are putting up have all the pros but none of the cons then let us in on your findings... am sure alot of people will wanna stay around that area :)

Agreed.
Maybe just a simple calculation of the cost.
TK = 1130 sq ft X $800 psf = $904,000.
Seabreeze = 1130 sq ft X$1,400 psf = $1,582,000
I believe that the price itself already far outweight the pros for some of us. Of course for those who have deep pockets would have gotten sea breeze instead of TK.

Kenshinto80
24-06-09, 17:39

Hi 3dchow, wow, the pool at 25M is very long! How big is the land parcel size at Callidora Ville and expected monthly maintenance fees?

kEN9170
24-06-09, 18:11
Hi 3dchow, wow, the pool at 25M is very long! How big is the land parcel size at Callidora Ville and expected monthly maintenance fees?

hihi, i used to own one condo unit by the same developer - Primelot Properties Pte Ltd. The common problems all owners faced with our units (6 months after TOP) were cracked tiles in our common & master bathrooms and cracked wall in our rooms. Hopefully they have improved their workmanship over the times.

But good thing abt this developer, they have a very responsible project mgr - Mr Ho. He will personally follow-up with our reported defect lists and make sure his men did a good job to rectify all the defects asap. Even after 1 year defect warranty has expired, he still follow-up with our common issues and repair free of charge. :)

3dchow
24-06-09, 20:44

I understd when u talked abt cars parking along the roads. My inlaws stayed at terrace hse, it faces the same problems. It is not just telok kurau, almost any landed properties will have this issue. People staying at landed prop will have more than 1 car...unless u can afford GCB. BTW, this project is not those deep inside, quite near the main road as I have taken into consideration abt the jams.

Anyway, I dun understd why u said it is one of the worst? Seen a few others, I quite like it compared to others..unless u know something which I didn't observed. Care to explain as I think some of the replies here doesn't think it is that bad either?

3dchow
24-06-09, 20:47

The land parcel isn't tat big but they managed to have the pool run along side with the development..hence managed to squeeze in a 25m lap pool.

3dchow
24-06-09, 20:50
hihi, i used to own one condo unit by the same developer - Primelot Properties Pte Ltd. The common problems all owners faced with our units (6 months after TOP) were cracked tiles in our common & master bathrooms and cracked wall in our rooms. Hopefully they have improved their workmanship over the times.

But good thing abt this developer, they have a very responsible project mgr - Mr Ho. He will personally follow-up with our reported defect lists and make sure his men did a good job to rectify all the defects asap. Even after 1 year defect warranty has expired, he still follow-up with our common issues and repair free of charge. :)

I hope they have improved over time.....but good to hear they have responsible proj mgr & offer foc even after 1 yr.

Kenshinto80
25-06-09, 04:21
The land parcel isn't tat big but they managed to have the pool run along side with the development..hence managed to squeeze in a 25m lap pool.

Saw the picture of this development. Quite like the modern and cool external facade. Anyway, do you know how big exactly is the piece of land size? That is the exact size (Eg: 25,000sqft etc)? Is it underground basement parking?

kEN9170
25-06-09, 22:26
Saw the picture of this development. Quite like the modern and cool external facade. Anyway, do you know how big exactly is the piece of land size? That is the exact size (Eg: 25,000sqft etc)? Is it underground basement parking?

It should be undercover carpark.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1309/callidoravillev.jpg

Kenshinto80
26-06-09, 09:36
It should be undercover carpark.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1309/callidoravillev.jpg

Wow....the front view beautiful! And seems very cleverly designed development.

3dchow
26-06-09, 20:02
fyi. no basement carpark.

pod
27-06-09, 17:28
I believe the carpark is 'semi-covered' + open area carparks.

pod
14-07-09, 23:29
CALLIDORA VILLE (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=CALLIDORA%20VILLE&street_name=LORONG%20N%20TELOK%20KURAU&property_type_code=04');)LORONG N TELOK KURAUApartment1890,0001,130Strata787Jun-09CALLIDORA VILLE (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=CALLIDORA%20VILLE&street_name=LORONG%20N%20TELOK%20KURAU&property_type_code=04');)LORONG N TELOK KURAUApartment1660,000872Strata757Jun-09June 09 URA website

Callidoraville

872sf sold at 757psf= $660k!!

Basket... agent refuse to budge when i offered... in the end... someone else put in even lower then mine and got it!

Grrrrr :doh:

zimmer
15-07-09, 09:51
CALLIDORA VILLE (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=CALLIDORA%20VILLE&street_name=LORONG%20N%20TELOK%20KURAU&property_type_code=04');)LORONG N TELOK KURAUApartment1890,0001,130Strata787Jun-09CALLIDORA VILLE (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=CALLIDORA%20VILLE&street_name=LORONG%20N%20TELOK%20KURAU&property_type_code=04');)LORONG N TELOK KURAUApartment1660,000872Strata757Jun-09June 09 URA website

Callidoraville

872sf sold at 757psf= $660k!!

Basket... agent refuse to budge when i offered... in the end... someone else put in even lower then mine and got it!

Grrrrr :doh:

whoa... bad luck bro, agent was good in pushing. That price must have been a distressed sale as TOP is getting closer. Developer was asking 800psf last month.

pod
15-07-09, 12:57
whoa... bad luck bro, agent was good in pushing. That price must have been a distressed sale as TOP is getting closer. Developer was asking 800psf last month.

Duno le.... When I made a sincere enquiry... agent keep saying price going up... then in the end... price was lower... maybe my agent 'no power' haha...

So other agents can press developer to 'reduce' lower price.

Anyway... lesson learned.. if ur agent can't get us a gd price.. shd consider asking another agent.. haha...

*btw... 800psf is asking nia la... they can easily reduce the price. Show them ur cheque book :D

wqmai
15-07-09, 16:53
Duno le.... When I made a sincere enquiry... agent keep saying price going up... then in the end... price was lower... maybe my agent 'no power' haha...

Anyway... lesson learned.. if ur agent can't get us a gd price.. shd consider asking another agent.. haha...

*btw... 800psf is asking nia la... they can easily reduce the price. Show them ur cheque book :D

Some agent really got no bargaining power. Some are able to help you bargain down 10k to 20k. By the way, whats the size of the land. Is it small?

pod
15-07-09, 17:23
Some agent really got no bargaining power. Some are able to help you bargain down 10k to 20k. By the way, whats the size of the land. Is it small?

U go have alook la...

Later i will go recce the area again... tell u later...

3dchow
15-07-09, 20:26
pod..yr agent from C&H?

3dchow
15-07-09, 20:50
We can never time the market. If u look at the prices below, its a U shape chart. PSF around 880 last yr than dipped to 760 & moving back to 800 now. Who would thought the low is in Jan-Mar when it looks like worst has yet to come.

But pls take note, the caveat is lodged after u have secured the loans & lawyer when thru all the documents. So can be 1-2mths after u signed the options to purchase. Hence, hard to tell whether u offer the same time as the other buyers.

I delayed my decision in Jan 09 worried abt the economy, so I miss the low too. Only consolation I didn't buy at the hi.

19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $787 1130 $890k 11 Jun 09
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $757 872 $660k 08 Jun 09
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $783 753 $590k 23 Apr 09
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $768 797 $612k 20 Apr 09
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $774 646 $500k 13 Apr 09
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $805 646 $520k 30 Mar 09
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $797 646 $515k 03 Mar 09
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $840 1292 $1085k 02 Jun 08
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $855 797 $681k 26 May 08
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $870 753 $655k 23 May 08
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $886 743 $658k 22 May 08
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $868 1141 $990k 28 Apr 08
19 Lorong N Telok Kurau Freehold $885 1141 $1010k 25 Apr 08

3dchow
15-07-09, 21:08
Talking abt mkt timing.......Just when u thought the prices will cool off, the opposite happens. property prices r moving up not just the mid tier, the hi end as well.

- Two units were sold recently at Nassim Park Residences by its developer at above $3,000 psf, one of them at $3,813 psf.
- In the sub-sale market, a caveat The Orchard Residences at about $3,550 psf last month.
- three units at The Ardmore Park at $2,375-$2,513 psf, and for a sub-sale deal at Marina Bay Residences at $2,200 psf in June.
- 215 units have been sold at The Gale, a freehold condo in the Upper Changi area, since last Friday. The average price is said to be about $650-660 psf.
- At Alexandra Road, over 70 units sold at the 99-year leasehold Ascentia Sky during last weekend's preview. The average price is $1,250 psf.
-55 units sold at The Peak @ Balmeg, a freehold condo at Pasir Panjang, bringing total sales to 100 units. The average price is $1,000 psf.

zimmer
16-07-09, 08:16

I did, but they were like take it or leave it attitude, had another cheque waiting. And true enough, next day was sold. Wasn't even good unit, lots of western sun.

pod
16-07-09, 15:52
pod..yr agent from C&H?

I tink so ba.... haha...

Anyway last nite drove pass again... damn nice road....

Am sure u will like this apartment... Congrats! Hope i can find my dream loft soon..... (no hurry thou):D

pod
16-07-09, 15:55
I did, but they were like take it or leave it attitude, had another cheque waiting. And true enough, next day was sold. Wasn't even good unit, lots of western sun.

ya man.. best part is I offered higher price.... wunder if the agent got 'put in' offer for us in the first place sia...

Cos smetimes got many many agents selling just 1 unit...

Bo pian.. have to move on.. so many apartments sure can find one.... just tis time.. put cheque book at pocket... purposely let it stick out abit.... hehe :cheers6:

zimmer
17-07-09, 15:01
cheque book or a fat wad of cash...haha

3dchow
11-01-10, 20:16
Finally, TOP liao.

kEN9170
11-01-10, 20:23
Congrats! Nice. :)

Finally, TOP liao.

terence
12-01-10, 07:10
Any pics of the interior to share?

3dchow
12-01-10, 19:12
Living Room & Balcony

3dchow
12-01-10, 19:14
Kitchen & tiny yard

3dchow
12-01-10, 19:16
Study Room

3dchow
12-01-10, 19:18
Bedroom.....

3dchow
12-01-10, 19:19
Master bedroom

Wild Falcon
12-01-10, 22:11
the problem with Telok Kurau is a small plot of land meant for 2-3 landed property is developed into a 50 units condo and the small road sometimes cannot accomodate that density - imagine entire stretch of 50 units condo packed together- can be suffocating. And I think the word "boutique" should not be used loosely. Just because a development is small with some glass with minimal facilities doesn't qualify as boutique - it needs to have unique design attributes.

I understd when u talked abt cars parking along the roads. My inlaws stayed at terrace hse, it faces the same problems. It is not just telok kurau, almost any landed properties will have this issue. People staying at landed prop will have more than 1 car...unless u can afford GCB. BTW, this project is not those deep inside, quite near the main road as I have taken into consideration abt the jams.

Anyway, I dun understd why u said it is one of the worst? Seen a few others, I quite like it compared to others..unless u know something which I didn't observed. Care to explain as I think some of the replies here doesn't think it is that bad either?

silver023
24-01-10, 01:07
Hi folks,

I'm just wondering if you think it's worth paying ard $1k+ psf for this development (currently asking price) vs a condo status development (Blu Coral for example asking $900+ psf).

Any idea why this development commands a premium??

pod
24-01-10, 23:43
Master bedroom

very nice.... congrats!

terence
25-01-10, 07:29
Heard some comments before that the developer bought this piece of land at a premium and hence the earlier launched prices were already steeper than the rest of the new development in TK.

wqmai
25-01-10, 08:53
Heard some comments before that the developer bought this piece of land at a premium and hence the earlier launched prices were already steeper than the rest of the new development in TK.

Actually if you look back at the prices bought in Apr last yr, its not that ex. Just that prices had run up since.

3dchow
25-01-10, 20:17
Hi folks,

I'm just wondering if you think it's worth paying ard $1k+ psf for this development (currently asking price) vs a condo status development (Blu Coral for example asking $900+ psf).

Any idea why this development commands a premium??

Frankly no idea as I have not seen Blu Cloral.

But my feel is that in general property prices are high now, so to me everything is expensive now!!! If I have missed the opportunity, I'll probably have not bought any pte property.

Blue
26-01-10, 23:44
Try Ceylon Residence. Quite nice.

silver023
27-01-10, 07:43
Thanks for your insight and suggestions.

The layout for Callidora Ville is nice but this is very expensive now. I'll check out other developments.

Congrats to those who got it last year!