PDA

View Full Version : Lor N TK (The Lucent)

rambo6
06-06-09, 10:57
Hi,
anyone bought a unit in this property?
Wish to find out a few things about it

WolleyDragon
15-06-09, 15:41
Hi,

Showflat is a recycle of The Ambrosia..

JZ2K
15-06-09, 20:46
Initially i wanted to buy an unit at The Lucent but was told it has been sold out ...

so the agent introduced the verte which i bought last month :)

Did you buy an unit at the lucent?

tangerinez
25-06-09, 17:04
i'm planning to look at this project too.

are all the units fully sold out? i thought there are still some 2 bedrooms left...

anyone has any idea why is this project selling slowly?

any information to share? :)

Kenshinto80
25-06-09, 17:19
i'm planning to look at this project too.

are all the units fully sold out? i thought there are still some 2 bedrooms left...

anyone has any idea why is this project selling slowly?

any information to share? :)

Hi this project not selling slowly. All sold off as of May'09 URA report.

You can get from subsales market.

tangerinez
25-06-09, 17:25
ooh... sad. so the showflat is no longer around?

rambo6
25-06-09, 18:00
ooh... sad. so the showflat is no longer around?

I see the advert board still around at Still Rd.
I don't think the showroom will be there much longer as they have to commence work for the Ambrosia. (the showroom is sited on Ambrosia land)
I think all units are sold out but they kept the showroom for subsale or to 'fish' potential buyers into buying their other properties nearby, like the Verte.

tangerinez
26-06-09, 08:54
i see... will try my luck. thanks.

remus
15-07-09, 22:41
Hi,

hi I bought one unit thr... What do you wish to find out?
Did you buy one?

Any more future neighbours?

rambo6
11-11-09, 23:06
Anyone has any update on this Project TOP?
Drive by once a while but don't see any building activity yet.

daydream
02-03-10, 12:52
rambo6, TOP on paper is 31 Dec 2012 but was told latest by 31 Dec 2011 should TOP liao. You bought a unit there?

mcmlxxvi
02-03-10, 21:51
Passed by yday it looks topped out liao! Wow simply amazing progress given 3 months back it was still foundation works. Good or bad up to u to judge.

Acoustica
02-03-10, 21:52
hi I bought one unit thr... What do you wish to find out?
Did you buy one?

Any more future neighbours?

Was considering a subsale unit there not too long ago but after looking at the price I change my mind. Flippers are asking $200-300 more per psf within such a short time. :scared-3:

rambo6
02-03-10, 23:29
I've drove by recently and yes, the construction has started.
I've wrote in to the management to enquire about the TOP and they gave a conservative answer, ' 2nd quarter 2011'.
But I still personally think that end 2010 TOP is achievable.

rambo6
02-03-10, 23:32
Passed by yday it looks topped out liao! Wow simply amazing progress given 3 months back it was still foundation works. Good or bad up to u to judge.

huh???
are we talking about the same development, or are you talking about 'Palmera Residences'(another development also along Lor N)?

daydream
03-03-10, 15:49
I've wrote in to the management to enquire about the TOP and they gave a conservative answer, ' 2nd quarter 2011'.

oh better don't be end 2010 lah...it's so soon. I am still not prepared to leave my current place :scared-4:.

remus
07-03-10, 16:07
Was considering a subsale unit there not too long ago but after looking at the price I change my mind. Flippers are asking $200-300 more per psf within such a short time. :scared-3:
200-300psf look reasonably ok for flippers... If you take a look at most of the project, plenty selling 400-600psf higher.. I went to grand duchess which going TOP soon, pple asking 1400psf when they bought 700-800psf... So u gauge...

remus
07-03-10, 16:10
Yes on the site it put as 2nd quarter 2011, not sure end of the year, which I doubt so... But ambrosia is realky fast, their progress is good... Look like to hv to wait for them and verte to complete as all under same developers roxy

rambo6
08-03-10, 17:31
Ambrosia started development at least 3months before Lucent.
I was thinking that Roxy was using Lucent site to store the equipment.

Acoustica
08-03-10, 20:47
200-300psf look reasonably ok for flippers... If you take a look at most of the project, plenty selling 400-600psf higher.. I went to grand duchess which going TOP soon, pple asking 1400psf when they bought 700-800psf... So u gauge...

Wah 100% flip. I rather wait than to be a sucker! :tsk-tsk: If you look, there are many listings from flippers but not many actual deals closed. Ppl also not stupid to pay so high unless too much money. :eek:

rambo6
09-03-10, 08:44
Wah 100% flip. I rather wait than to be a sucker! :tsk-tsk: If you look, there are many listings from flippers but not many actual deals closed. Ppl also not stupid to pay so high unless too much money. :eek:

You shouldn't buy a property based on how much you think the previous owner should be making but by how much you like it and feel it is worth.
If other propertys around the estate are selling for $1000psf now, why should he sell lower just because he bought the property at a good price?
If the owner buys it at $1100psf and flips at $1000psf because of some problems, are you going to pity him and offer him a higher price?
Anyway, the development has not TOPed and who know's how the end product will be. It just a guessing game right now.

remus
11-03-10, 14:52
You shouldn't buy a property based on how much you think the previous owner should be making but by how much you like it and feel it is worth.
If other propertys around the estate are selling for $1000psf now, why should he sell lower just because he bought the property at a good price?
If the owner buys it at $1100psf and flips at $1000psf because of some problems, are you going to pity him and offer him a higher price?
Anyway, the development has not TOPed and who know's how the end product will be. It just a guessing game right now.

Yes, i very much agree...Property is a crazy game...with most of the investor still coming in, Sin market will definitely be the most valuable place for investor. My friend just sold the Seaview and earn almost 500k within 1.5years....now he considering to buy newton area or silversea....
He dont mind to pay for 2000psf....

Morale of story, pple earn from previous sale and dun mind to pay even higher...so how can you ever think sin property will crash...I will rather dont sell...just hold...

So just buy if you like and you tink it worth...dont worry how much they earn....I believe you also want to earn right...

SV88
11-03-10, 20:58
Agree. I do not understand people's mentality where they do not want the seller to earn too much. :doh: If one does homework, should be confident of what they are paying for. I know someone who rather pay premium to developer for new homes than resale, as it does not feel good to know the seller will be earning $500,000 from the sale transaction. Strange thinking.. no logic.

Yes, i very much agree...Property is a crazy game...with most of the investor still coming in, Sin market will definitely be the most valuable place for investor. My friend just sold the Seaview and earn almost 500k within 1.5years....now he considering to buy newton area or silversea....
He dont mind to pay for 2000psf....

Morale of story, pple earn from previous sale and dun mind to pay even higher...so how can you ever think sin property will crash...I will rather dont sell...just hold...

So just buy if you like and you tink it worth...dont worry how much they earn....I believe you also want to earn right...

remus
27-10-10, 20:58
Hi Guys,

Recently i went to lucent site and notice the construction seem to stop and slowing down. At times i did not even see any one working. Do you guys know what happen? I saw from one agent posting advert on few units for sale and TOP date as end 2011 or early 2012.

Any one to advice.

rambo6
27-10-10, 21:42
Hi Guys,

Recently i went to lucent site and notice the construction seem to stop and slowing down. At times i did not even see any one working. Do you guys know what happen? I saw from one agent posting advert on few units for sale and TOP date as end 2011 or early 2012.

Any one to advice.

Hi,
I drove by today but i didn't really observe whether construction was running because the development was so heavily barricaded with scaffolds & nets, so I couldn't see inside the building.
I have written to Roxy few months ago to enquire and they replied that targeted TOP to be 2nd quartered of 2011.
I don't really trust agents so I still think Roxy's date is more believable.

Lovelle
27-10-10, 22:08
bro , what does he know about silversea or newton area ?

these are good bets in future ?

remus
28-10-10, 17:52
Hi,
I drove by today but i didn't really observe whether construction was running because the development was so heavily barricaded with scaffolds & nets, so I couldn't see inside the building.
I have written to Roxy few months ago to enquire and they replied that targeted TOP to be 2nd quartered of 2011.
I don't really trust agents so I still think Roxy's date is more believable.

Thanks rambo
are you my future neighbour...hehe

kellogs
29-10-10, 14:29
I wanted to buy an unit here but was told sold out :beats-me-man:

devilplate
29-10-10, 14:46
I wanted to buy an unit here but was told sold out :beats-me-man:

still got the horrible 'The Sound' lol

new project launching nearby 'heritage east'....mostly MMs

kellogs
29-10-10, 14:50
still got the horrible 'The Sound' lol

new project launching nearby 'heritage east'....mostly MMs

Hi Devil,

In the end I bought an unit at The Verte instead :D

devilplate
29-10-10, 15:05
Hi Devil,

In the end I bought an unit at The Verte instead :D

u bot subsale? not many on subsale...gd choice if u dun nid to be near Tao Nan....the only few project tat facing park wor:cheers6:

when TOP...heard 1 more yr to go?

eng81157
29-10-10, 17:11
was looking at verte and lucent before i pulled the trigger on another development. nice, quaint environment

kellogs
29-10-10, 17:26
u bot subsale? not many on subsale...gd choice if u dun nid to be near Tao Nan....the only few project tat facing park wor:cheers6:

when TOP...heard 1 more yr to go?

No, first owner here :) ... they left one unit with private pool on 4th floor and i jumped into it.

My kids will be enrolling to Maha Bodhi so Tao Nan is not one of the requirement.

TOP 1st or 2nd Q of next year ... damm slow man the developer.

Initially I thought of buying the arte, if i did that, I would already moved in!

devilplate
29-10-10, 18:44
No, first owner here :) ... they left one unit with private pool on 4th floor and i jumped into it.

My kids will be enrolling to Maha Bodhi so Tao Nan is not one of the requirement.

TOP 1st or 2nd Q of next year ... damm slow man the developer.

Initially I thought of buying the arte, if i did that, I would already moved in!
Verte better la. One of the better ones in TK . Arte u goto endure noise n dust

remus
29-10-10, 23:27
so devilplate you got one unit at lucent is it..

devilplate
29-10-10, 23:32
so devilplate you got one unit at lucent is it..

not lucent...got a puny stake in TK though

rambo6
31-10-10, 10:06
Thanks rambo
are you my future neighbour...hehe

i dont think i'll be staying there...most likely renting it out.
It's too far from my parents, and I need their help to take care of my baby.
Maybe when he's older, I might hire a maid and move in and enrol him to Tao Nan.

marktkt22
17-02-11, 22:57
seem that roxy are fast to launch project , but v slow in building...and completion...:(

rambo6
30-05-11, 12:52
Building works completed.
New awaiting landscaping and roads.
Does TOP in 3 months time seem achievable?

kellogs
30-05-11, 22:25
wah congrats rambo!!!!

I am still waiting for my The Verte until neck long long :sleep:

devilplate
30-05-11, 22:31
wah congrats rambo!!!!

I tink verte cud b ready by mid nxt yr...hehe

kellogs
31-05-11, 08:59
I tink verte cud b ready by mid nxt yr...hehe

Devil bro, legal handover date is Jan 2012.

If mid next year, does it mean i am able to claim my losses with the developer?

May I could book a suite a marina bay sands while waiting for it.

devilplate
31-05-11, 09:47
Devil bro, legal handover date is Jan 2012.

If mid next year, does it mean i am able to claim my losses with the developer?

May I could book a suite a marina bay sands while waiting for it.

wah looks like developer goto rush for completion....

ur lawyer will ask compensation for u lor....10% int on the amt paid.....u r in progressive rite? 55 or 60% paid?

kellogs
31-05-11, 10:08
wah looks like developer goto rush for completion....

ur lawyer will ask compensation for u lor....10% int on the amt paid.....u r in progressive rite? 55 or 60% paid?

I have paid 30% cash the last time i bought it ... not sure if it was progressive or something else ... but till now i did not get any notice from OCBC about any payment.

If i remember correctly, The agent told me that Developer has tie up with OCBC bank so we do not have to pay any interest until the project is TOP.

devilplate
31-05-11, 10:10
I have paid 30% cash the last time i bought it ... not sure if it was progressive or something else ... but till now i did not get any notice from OCBC about any payment.

If i remember correctly, The agent told me that Developer has tie up with OCBC bank so we do not have to pay any interest until the project is TOP.

oh...so tat means its IAS

u may wana check wif ur lawyer or banker which stage developer had called for:)

rambo6
31-05-11, 17:20
wah congrats rambo!!!!

I should be the one congratulating you! Seems like you have a chance to claim for compensation for late completion. Haha!

kellogs
31-05-11, 20:11
I should be the one congratulating you! Seems like you have a chance to claim for compensation for late completion. Haha!

Actually I am more interested to move in ASAP rather than claims the developer :(

very sad ... wait until neck super long ... last time those projects I was looking at (The Arte and etc) already TOP many months ago ...

Consider The Verte just 36 units ... It is difficult to imagine ... how could this delay ....

Autonomy
01-06-11, 12:38
Actually I am more interested to move in ASAP rather than claims the developer :(

very sad ... wait until neck super long ... last time those projects I was looking at (The Arte and etc) already TOP many months ago ...

Consider The Verte just 36 units ... It is difficult to imagine ... how could this delay ....

Haha The Verte is 36 units... The Azzuro opposite is 15 units. It was launched at the same time as The Verte and it has yet to complete. So yours is not the worse lol.

devilplate
01-06-11, 12:43
Haha The Verte is 36 units... The Azzuro opposite is 15 units. It was launched at the same time as The Verte and it has yet to complete. So yours is not the worse lol.
Azzuro looks more ready den verte..

Ambrosia aso by roxy but oredi completed n launch after verte...lol

devilplate
01-06-11, 12:53
Rental vy low at ambrosia...4bedder 1500sqft tenanted at 4.2k only....rent cheaper den buy

DC33_2008
01-06-11, 12:56
Why so low? Becos of more supply than demand?:scared-3:
Rental vy low at ambrosia...4bedder 1500sqft tenanted at 4.2k only....rent cheaper den buy

devilplate
01-06-11, 13:05
Why so low? Becos of more supply than demand?:scared-3:
I tink bcoz no mrt....lor n is more for self stay as its nr to gd sch

Lor g nearer to kem mrt can fetch 3.5k for a 9xxsqft 2bedder

kellogs
01-06-11, 14:08
The Ambrosia is build by Seah Construction PTE LTD?

I noticed The Ambra, The Azurro and The Verte construction company is Seah ...

Autonomy
01-06-11, 15:20
The Ambrosia is build by Seah Construction PTE LTD?

I noticed The Ambra, The Azurro and The Verte construction company is Seah ...

The Ambra was launched later but has already TOP long ago...

marktkt22
01-06-11, 18:28
Congrats on top, any pic to post, would be gd to c the actual vs artist impression.:)

remus
13-06-11, 00:51
Lucent look good, but color a bit too creamy. If it whiter i guess it will be nicer.

Anyway, have you guys see the bacony, it look kind of weird, cos of the high wall and shorter glasses.

meaning you cannot put a cosy chair and table enjoying at balcony.

remus
19-09-11, 21:23
So anyone saw your unit already? I think top soon

donchew76
10-10-11, 23:01
The construction workers use some of the units at verte as foreign dormitory. The construction company/ developer should not have allowed this. :tsk-tsk:

hyenergix
10-10-11, 23:04
The construction workers use some of the units at verte as foreign dormitory. The construction company/ developer should not have allowed this. :tsk-tsk:

Enjoying fruits of their labour?

remus
12-10-11, 21:18
guess you should have see them staying thr but anywhere Lucent is completed, now waiting for TOP. No workers staying liao

So i guess you must have one unit either at Verte or Lucent.

Jcmillineum
12-10-11, 22:25
guess you should have see them staying thr but anywhere Lucent is completed, now waiting for TOP. No workers staying liao

So i guess you must have one unit either at Verte or Lucent.

Lorong N quite far from MRT right?
...but anyway, we will be neighbors soon..:)

fiat500
13-10-11, 02:19
there's no mrt at all!
u need to take a cab to eunos or kembangan mrt..:cheers6:

rambo6
19-10-11, 17:39
Kembangan MRT Stn not really that far and inconvenient.
Just around 15mins walk straight along the park connector and cross 2 traffic lights.
5mins if cycle.

devilplate
19-10-11, 19:26
Kembangan MRT Stn not really that far and inconvenient.
Just around 15mins walk straight along the park connector and cross 2 traffic lights.
5mins if cycle.
Take bus better

Jcmillineum
20-10-11, 15:15
Take bus better

I'd rather cycle....lol....but then again it's a straight forward route and u can park your bicycle near the station, so it's quite convenient also..:)

remus
21-10-11, 09:55

So you will be my neighbour? Which unit you bought. That day i just saw a family that bought unit 05-

remus
21-10-11, 10:00
there's no mrt at all!
u need to take a cab to eunos or kembangan mrt..:cheers6:

Come on la, it not far from kembangan mrt. My wife and myself walk before, it around 20mins. not a bad place to walk around.

devilplate
21-10-11, 10:11
Come on la, it not far from kembangan mrt. My wife and myself walk before, it around 20mins. not a bad place to walk around.

take bus better:)

fiat500
21-10-11, 17:05
:doh: :doh: if u want mrt,buy somewhere near mrt..
its impossible to walk from lorong N to kembangan mrt n back with our humid weather or even worse if it rains( no shelter ).
try walking everyday to n fro for a few days.:cheers1: u will know what is it like.:cheers1:

remus
21-10-11, 23:18
:doh: :doh: if u want mrt,buy somewhere near mrt..
its impossible to walk from lorong N to kembangan mrt n back with our humid weather or even worse if it rains( no shelter ).
try walking everyday to n fro for a few days.:cheers1: u will know what is it like.:cheers1:

If you cannot walk, pls do not say that based on everyone view.
It possible, not like what you say impossible. many communters walk everyday to mrt staying around there.

I even walk to east coast park.

marktkt22
22-10-11, 09:58
Cycle or walked, u get sweaty and smelly after that ..
That not too nice, either going to work or fren appt.
Jog to mrt as exercise, that ok.

fiat500
22-10-11, 23:44
If you cannot walk, pls do not say that based on everyone view.
It possible, not like what you say impossible. many communters walk everyday to mrt staying around there.

I even walk to east coast park.
must i draw out the intestines to illustrate my point? :scared-1:
of coz its possible to walk,u can even walk from telok kurau to jurong.

what i was emphasising was nobody in a right state of mind would want to walk from lorong N to kembangan mrt back n forth everyday..

yes its true many commuters walk to mrt staying around there but not to lorong N.. cos lorong N is not around there.:cheers6:

remus
24-10-11, 23:17
must i draw out the intestines to illustrate my point? :scared-1:
of coz its possible to walk,u can even walk from telok kurau to jurong.

what i was emphasising was nobody in a right state of mind would want to walk from lorong N to kembangan mrt back n forth everyday..

yes its true many commuters walk to mrt staying around there but not to lorong N.. cos lorong N is not around there.:cheers6:

Dont worry your intestines are not wanted:banghead:
No point arguing on personnel view. :beats-me-man:
Only kids will talk on such statement " walk from telok kurau to jurong"
:sleep:

eng81157
25-10-11, 13:19

yup, 42km route march also considered walking......:D

marktkt22
25-10-11, 21:36
Maybe a bit far

fiat500
26-10-11, 02:31
thats true also..
no point arguing on personal views cos in the 1st place i dont think u even live in lorong N....:cheers6: :cheers6:

rambo6
26-10-11, 14:55
thats true also..
no point arguing on personal views cos in the 1st place i dont think u even live in lorong N....:cheers6: :cheers6:

so you live there?
which development?

fiat500
27-10-11, 21:25
so you live there?
which development?
live around the area for more than 25yrs but not in lorong N...:cheers6:
i kinda know this area very well.
lorong N from the park connector to kembangan mrt is about 1.2km.
it will be even further if yr house is in the middle of lorong N or near telok kurau main rd..:cheers6:

rambo6
31-10-11, 18:01
live around the area for more than 25yrs but not in lorong N...:cheers6:
i kinda know this area very well.
lorong N from the park connector to kembangan mrt is about 1.2km.
it will be even further if yr house is in the middle of lorong N or near telok kurau main rd..:cheers6:

I timed myself walking from Lor N The lucent to the MRT and took about 15mins, though I walked at a fast pace.
I can confidently say that 10mins or less is achievable by cycling.
Taking taxi or bus is not practical because of the waiting time.

marktkt22
31-10-11, 19:23
Bro, I Dont mean to criticise but Cycling to work in long sleeve and pants ?
Maybe will get sweaty.

Btw, How rentals like in lucent ?

rambo6
01-11-11, 15:12
Bro, I Dont mean to criticise but Cycling to work in long sleeve and pants ?
Maybe will get sweaty.

Btw, How rentals like in lucent ?

ermmm...actually can consider electric bicycles, if not worried about them getting stolen.
Lucent not TOP yet, but likely in a month or so.

dtrax
01-11-11, 15:46
ermmm...actually can consider electric bicycles, if not worried about them getting stolen.
Lucent not TOP yet, but likely in a month or so.

depends on what type of bicycle you get, you get those chui few hundred dollars bicycle cycle hills, slopes or long distant sure will sweat like a bike. But of course in Singapore weather if cycle under a super hot sun sure will sweat but it is still possible to cycle to work on a normal morning n back home in the evening

devilplate
01-11-11, 15:55
take bus better:D

fiat500
01-11-11, 16:10
take bus better:D
@ the end of the day,the moral of the story is: its not walkable from lorong N to the mrt back n forth everyday..hee hee :cheers5:

devilplate
01-11-11, 16:11
@ the end of the day,the moral of the story is: its not walkable from lorong N to the mrt back n forth everyday..hee hee :cheers5:

sg prone to raining too.....so take bus better lah:D

remus
02-11-11, 13:36
I timed myself walking from Lor N The lucent to the MRT and took about 15mins, though I walked at a fast pace.
I can confidently say that 10mins or less is achievable by cycling.
Taking taxi or bus is not practical because of the waiting time.

I agree the point is walkable or not, answer is definitely yes!

Next question is practical or not...answer is depend on individual!

Why want to harp on whether can walk or not everyday since inital discussion is whether it walkable and not everyday:banghead: .

If you like you walk, dont like then dont walk.:beats-me-man:

eng81157
02-11-11, 14:28

Why want to harp on whether can walk or not everyday since inital discussion is whether it walkable and not everyday:banghead: .

for all singaporean men, 42km route march considered walkable eh.....:D

fiat500
02-11-11, 16:40

not harping on the issue...
discussion is more on wheather its practical to walk to the mrt back n forth from lorong N everyday to go to school or work if u dont drive..
the answer is definitely a 'NO'..let's not kid ourselves here,u must b out of yr mind to walk. :cheers4: no individual will want to do that.