PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Gardens - your view

lyn
05-06-09, 09:06
Hi,

I'm looking to find a condo in town, for own stay and capital appreciation. Was looking at emerald gardens. Any view? Agents told me that this is the only 999 condo in District 1. and with the new cross street MRT, it's only 1 stop away from MFC and 2 stops from IR. Do you think it's a better buy than the Sail, the icon which is 99yrs? What's a price you guys think is a good entry price?

any views welcome. Thanks.

gfoo
05-06-09, 09:23
Hi,

I'm looking to find a condo in town, for own stay and capital appreciation. Was looking at emerald gardens. Any view? Agents told me that this is the only 999 condo in District 1. and with the new cross street MRT, it's only 1 stop away from MFC and 2 stops from IR. Do you think it's a better buy than the Sail, the icon which is 99yrs? What's a price you guys think is a good entry price?

it's going for about $1300psf right?

i think it's better living than icon simply coz there's much better food and entertainment all around you :) but it's different than the rest as it's considered outside of CBD, more chinatown than CBD.

you can't compare it to the sail or mbr - very different type of living, which nobody knows how it's gonna turn out until the IR, MBFC, CLP and Gardens is built. Will it be Central Park NY, Manhattan, or Las Vegas living? no one knows now.

blackswan
05-06-09, 10:17
Hi,

I have the opposite point of view though.
If you happen to often take a walk around that aread, you will find that area actually very quite and have that kind of laid back feeling.
Its only occasionally that the tranquility is being punctuated by vehicles passing by.

I like that aread a lot as there's a lot of nice eateries around, western, chinese, good cake shop, quite a handful of boutique wine bar and good spa and massage shops. If you want to have down to earth food, Amoy and Maxwell is within walking distance.

Walking to work at Raffles, Capital Square, ORQ,and Shenton is also very convenient. Near Chinatown and most importantly, its in between two future station.

I will go for EG as compared to ICON, the ambience is just very different.

Its a place where you want to be near town and near workplace but does not have the usual "concrete " feeling. In summary, a very livable place despite being so near to 'CBD'.

But if you had not been to that area often, advice is to park car somewhere and spend 45 mins or so exploring that area.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

lyn
05-06-09, 10:52
Thanks gfoo and blackswan for your view. I love the place too but not sure if 1300 is a good price to buy for stay and for capital appreciation….icon and sail is going for even more. Which I dun understand why esp for icon. I don’t really like to stay at the Sail, as it feels very office like and it’s not my type.

Anyone else with other opinion? Appreciate any feedback.

I am looking for a place and older condo in RV is going for 1100+psf and not as convenient as Emerald gardens.

blackswan
05-06-09, 11:05
I have check and recce several time and I can't find a development around town like EG which is nested within the 'CBD' and yet have a feeling that its not in 'CBD' (my personnel feeling though) with the amenities around. Used to had lunch often at Club Street at the restaurant called Windows at Club Street (closed and change owner liao) and a couple of years ago, beside it, there was this cosy eatery that's sell curry chicken, think the name is called Helen Deli or something like that.
Also had a couple of rub down at Qi Mantra (but expansive).

But must say that 1300psf is a bit on the ex side. A couple of months ago was only somewhere 1000psf if I remember correctly.

Condorich
05-06-09, 15:15
I have check and recce several time and I can't find a development around town like EG which is nested within the 'CBD' and yet have a feeling that its not in 'CBD' (my personnel feeling though) with the amenities around. Used to had lunch often at Club Street at the restaurant called Windows at Club Street (closed and change owner liao) and a couple of years ago, beside it, there was this cosy eatery that's sell curry chicken, think the name is called Helen Deli or something like that.
Also had a couple of rub down at Qi Mantra (but expansive).

But must say that 1300psf is a bit on the ex side. A couple of months ago was only somewhere 1000psf if I remember correctly.

tenure aside, 999... this condo is too "short".. a look from the maxwell road makes it seem so small as compared to the tall white towers behind it. I won't consider it at this price. Why move to older developments when tenants prefer newer ones. I like the oriental theme though... no sure if ang mohs will like it.

lyn
05-06-09, 15:55
I like the location, near office and in town...anyone know who is the developer? Oxford Gardens Pte Ltd?

near supermarket - cold storage, near food place, near train stations, and near office...seems like all fit my criteria...just the price, I'm not sure what's a reasonable price...what is a good price for an unblock unit ie 6flr up, and does not face the wall or the pool?

not sure if any such unit price at that range thou'? sorry i have too many questions as i am a property novice. any expert advice greatly appreciated.

blackswan
05-06-09, 16:10
Can't agree more with you.
Fits my criteria like a glove but price wise.........

lyn
05-06-09, 16:37
what would be a price you will be comfortable to buy at?

I am worried inflation will kick in soon, hence looking to buy a place, for stay and also to fight inflation.

blackswan
05-06-09, 17:39
just check the caveats back to 07, and considering the price a couple of months ago, 1000psf +/- will seem right.....but believe you might have bigger firepower.

cheers and have a wonderful weekend ahead.

hans
06-06-09, 01:38
What is the size you are looking at? In april, one unit on the 6th floor, 1216 sqft was transacted at 1138 psf. Oct 08, 8th floor unit, 980 sqft, sold at 1378 psf. The highest was around 1700 psf for 1259 sqft in nov 07. But most important, can the bank match the selling price of 1300 psf?

Thanks gfoo and blackswan for your view. I love the place too but not sure if 1300 is a good price to buy for stay and for capital appreciation….icon and sail is going for even more. Which I dun understand why esp for icon. I don’t really like to stay at the Sail, as it feels very office like and it’s not my type.

Anyone else with other opinion? Appreciate any feedback.

I am looking for a place and older condo in RV is going for 1100+psf and not as convenient as Emerald gardens.

lyn
06-06-09, 21:53
bank is matching at around 1250 psf around.... so @ 1250 range, what's ur take? i am looking at a unit abt 1000 sqft....Any advice welcome.

I was also keen at the regalia, urbana area...and guess what, today, the regalia is asking for 1200+ and the urbana is looking at 1400+....at such prices is emerald a better bet?

hans
08-06-09, 02:19
You miss the boat. the regalia, only two tansactions for the whole 08,09. last apr 09, 11th floor 897 psf for 1270 sqft. urbana, 3 transcated this year between 1100 to 1265 psf. Look like asking prices and bank valuations are going up.

As for the 3 development, all are in prime district. it really depends on what you want.

Emerald gdn, near work (boring, 7 days in town), plenty of traffic on weekdays, very quite on weekends.
The regalia, lowest psf among the 3, completed in 1996, en bloc potential in the next cycle.
Urbana, newer, completed in 2008, most x, rental yield should be better.

:2cents:

bank is matching at around 1250 psf around.... so @ 1250 range, what's ur take? i am looking at a unit abt 1000 sqft....Any advice welcome.

I was also keen at the regalia, urbana area...and guess what, today, the regalia is asking for 1200+ and the urbana is looking at 1400+....at such prices is emerald a better bet?

lyn
08-06-09, 09:55
Hi hans, thanks for your reply.

I've seen regalia layout. Dun really like the layout, odd corners... thou I do like the location however I am worried about the noise from traffic and the upcoming construction across the road. Also do you really think the regalia has enbloc potential? The land is not that hugh.

Not sure why, I do have an inclination towards emerald gardens. I like the upcoming cross street station that brings me to IR and millenia walk easily. and personally I felt the plot of land emerald garden is sitting on is more valuable than regalia and urbana. Any comments?

Anyone else any opinion? greatly appreciated.

hans
09-06-09, 21:53
If you are buying to stay, it is better not buy layout with odd corners, difficult to arrange furniture. As for en bloc in the next cycle, possible, cos more than 10 yrs, but wont be as easy as the last round ( new rules).

As for which is more valuable, base on transacted price and location, they are on par, unless there is a new plan to have more city living in CDB.

:2cents:

I've seen regalia layout. Dun really like the layout, odd corners... thou I do like the location however I am worried about the noise from traffic and the upcoming construction across the road. Also do you really think the regalia has enbloc potential? The land is not that hugh.

Not sure why, I do have an inclination towards emerald gardens. I like the upcoming cross street station that brings me to IR and millenia walk easily. and personally I felt the plot of land emerald garden is sitting on is more valuable than regalia and urbana. Any comments?

NoodyGirl
16-06-09, 20:28

Urbana is cool Go for it

jc
17-06-09, 00:35

The land value of Regalia & Urbana is definitely higher than Emerald Gdn. The land value is comparable to Amber side but prob EG is slightly lower as it is 999 not FH

lyn
17-06-09, 08:58
I dun agree the land value of regalia, urbana and EG same as amber...amber should be lower... any others have feedback?

More or less, I am decided on emerald garden. :) House hunting really tiring.

Urbana too expensive abt 1300-1400 psf...
Regalia odd shape and not cheap...about 1000psf... Also regalia units i saw requires massive reno and noisy/dusty from the road esp those at cross junction.
Emerald Garden has the convinence of upcoming MRT and it's quiet...went there in the evening and i like the feel ard club street. agree it's 999 vs the other 2 FH...but 999 still long long way. so did not factor this as a consideration.

Any other view welcome

jc
17-06-09, 11:11
I dun agree the land value of regalia, urbana and EG same as amber...amber should be lower... any others have feedback?

Regalia odd shape and not cheap...about 1000psf... Also regalia units i saw requires massive reno and noisy/dusty from the road esp those at cross junction.
Emerald Garden has the convinence of upcoming MRT and it's quiet...went there in the evening and i like the feel ard club street. agree it's 999 vs the other 2 FH...but 999 still long long way. so did not factor this as a consideration.

Any other view welcome

U ask abt land value, n i am commenting only on land value n does not take into acct building, shape, layout, noise, transacted px, etc. Pls note value of a place does not necesarily equate the transacted pxs.

Since u r more or less decided, any comments against what u believe would not go down well with u. If it is for your own stay n u feel good abt staying there, well nobody can fault u. Good luck :)

爱屋及乌
17-06-09, 11:35
Agree.

Urbana and Regalia are more well known due to the proximity to Rivergate & Martin Place in D9

Frankly , not many peoples (including agent) know abt emerald garden location. I will go for Emerald due to the mass revamp in the Marina area like Sand IR , Marina Financial Centre and other commercial and entertainment development coming the way.

Any other view welcome

Property_Owner
17-06-09, 12:39
it's going for about $1300psf right?

i think it's better living than icon simply coz there's much better food and entertainment all around you :) but it's different than the rest as it's considered outside of CBD, more chinatown than CBD.

you can't compare it to the sail or mbr - very different type of living, which nobody knows how it's gonna turn out until the IR, MBFC, CLP and Gardens is built. Will it be Central Park NY, Manhattan, or Las Vegas living? no one knows now.

You can't compare Emerald to Icon. Icon is a dead town during weekends. Sail and MBR is about work, life and play(gamble).

'I believe you're going to see a transformation in Singapore. It'll be the most vibrant lively city in this part of the world. And I believe in the next five years, we'll see it evolve.'

Says MM Lee, July 8, 2007

jc
17-06-09, 13:02

Any other view welcome

To clarify Land value of Urbana similar to Regalia. Both higher than Emerald Gdns. Emerald Gdns land value similar to Amber. If MRT comes into play, EG is more covenient.

爱屋及乌
17-06-09, 13:20
How to u conclude that Regalia and Urbana LV is the same and EG similiar to Amber...?

To clarify Land value of Urbana similar to Regalia. Both higher than Emerald Gdns. Emerald Gdns land value similar to Amber. If MRT comes into play, EG is more covenient.

new2mondrian
17-06-09, 16:06
<deleted post>

durian
14-07-09, 03:11
Hi,

So did you buy?
I went to view the property recently and I think it is a hidden gem. A value buy compared to its 2 neighbours. It is located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations (Raffles, Chinatown and Cross Street) covering almost all the major lines. Although the property is a bit old but it has a special charm and resort feel when you enter the development. :)

lyn
15-07-09, 11:30
So did you buy?
I went to view the property recently and I think it is a hidden gem. A value buy compared to its 2 neighbours. It is located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations (Raffles, Chinatown and Cross Street) covering almost all the major lines. Although the property is a bit old but it has a special charm and resort feel when you enter the development. :)

yes. I love the place. It's 10 years old but quite well maintain. Not too old. anyway location is what matters. Some friends are now aware of this place and also looking for units there. Not many people know of this place unlike Sail or MBR or Icon as they has much more units and more agents marketing.

blackswan
15-07-09, 13:11
yes. I love the place. It's 10 years old but quite well maintain. Not too old. anyway location is what matters. Some friends are now aware of this place and also looking for units there. Not many people know of this place unlike Sail or MBR or Icon as they has much more units and more agents marketing.

So which one of you'll offered for the 2 bedroom that's advertised last Sat? Arrange for viewing but was told someone made and offer liao.

lyn
15-07-09, 13:34
So which one of you'll offered for the 2 bedroom that's advertised last Sat? Arrange for viewing but was told someone made and offer liao.

i was not aware of sat 2bdrm ad so not sure which one u refering to. Friends are also looking for 2bdrm are they think the bigger ones harder to rent cos families maynot want to stay around there since there is no schools. 2bdrm seems more popular.

teddybear
15-07-09, 13:41
I will avoid Urbana and all the properties within 500m of that SingTel Commcentre tower. (Scare of the too strong radio transmission)... :scared-3:

How to u conclude that Regalia and Urbana LV is the same and EG similiar to Amber...?

Property_Owner
15-07-09, 13:48

I called up too. The agent told me it's a flipping option. I wanted to view but someone had already offered without viewing. Damn sian loh. Quite a good buy for me.

blackswan
15-07-09, 14:47
I called up too. The agent told me it's a flipping option. I wanted to view but someone had already offered without viewing. Damn sian loh. Quite a good buy for me.

The question that keeps ringing in my mind is "Why don't the agent let me do the viewing (since the unit is vacant), as how come he know that I will not offer higher?"

But guess he must have work on the unit for quite some time so dun screw up the deal since its done.

Property_Owner
15-07-09, 14:52
The question that keeps ringing in my mind is "Why don't the agent let me do the viewing (since the unit is vacant), as how come he know that I will not offer higher?"

But guess he must have work on the unit for quite some time so dun screw up the deal since its done.

I also damn piss off as it is well within my budget. You know me, I dun give those offer that can't close. If the price is reasonable and i like the unit, why not! Knn, miss a good buy.

Guess what you said is true. Maybe unit already under negotiation and sellers is willing to accept the offer so agent dun want to give a higher offer which will make the seller greedy. :doh:

blackswan
15-07-09, 14:59
I also damn piss off as it is well within my budget. You know me, I dun give those offer that can't close. If the price is reasonable and i like the unit, why not! Knn, miss a good buy.

Guess what you said is true. Maybe unit already under negotiation and sellers is willing to accept the offer so agent dun want to give a higher offer which will make the seller greedy. :doh:

Dun need to piss off. If not wrong, over the weekend, at least 4 -5 advert on EG, one 4 bedder, one 3 bedder and three 2 bedder I think.
Time for me to move on.

lyn
15-07-09, 16:56
Dun need to piss off. If not wrong, over the weekend, at least 4 -5 advert on EG, one 4 bedder, one 3 bedder and three 2 bedder I think.
Time for me to move on.

How much is the option selling at? me new to property. surprised that people can flip option at this time....Also what is a fair price for this project?

durian
31-08-09, 13:42
Below is extracted from propertyguru.com. Like Real!:doh:

S$ 1,430,000 Negotiable | 2 beds | 2 baths
1,171 sqft / 109 sqm | S$ 1221.18 psf (built-in)
EMERALD GARDENS!! CHEAPEST!!! 2+1 FOR $1220PSF. HIGH FLOOR

Hi, I have a nice and spacious 2+1 unit for sale at Emerald Gardens. High floor. $1220 psf - Cheapest PSF at Emerald Garden. Similar units are asking around $1350 psf so grab a fantastic bargain deal today. Condo facilities. High capital and rental yield. Cheapest freehold property in district of this type. Best location. Call now for viewing as sure to go off fast

Please call Priya on 91067234 to arrange viewing asap.
We also specialise in and have many other units at Emerald Gardens. Please call now for more info.

BEST SERVICE FOR BUYERS & SELLERS!!!
Hi Buyers & Sellers. We specialise in sales of private residential units within the central/city regions of Singapore including Tanjong Rhu area. Many ready buyers urgently looking for units. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. We provide top service and your interests are our No. 1 priority. We will negotiate the best price for you!

Your Friendly Agent,
Agent Priya
HP: 9106 7234
Email: [email protected]
(http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

lyn
01-09-09, 08:52
called the agent up....wrong posting...it's asking 1420 psf...she say it's a partial pool view unit....I dun really like pool view unit...prefer those looking out, more windy. Pool unit can be have a suffocating feel.

NTG
01-09-09, 13:53
Agent liar.
Easiest way to attract buyers.
Don't think she typed wrong, see her wording.

"High floor. $1220 psf - Cheapest PSF at Emerald Garden. Similar units are asking around $1350 psf so grab a fantastic bargain deal today."

Emerald Garden very few transactions.

No buyer or No seller ?

A hidden gem, the only 999 residential in Raffles Place ( D1 not China town ).
High Enbloc potential at 3.5 plot ratio and 108k sf site and just nice 10 years old this month.

Condorich
01-09-09, 14:11
Agent liar.

"High floor. $1220 psf - Cheapest PSF at Emerald Garden. Similar units are asking around $1350 psf so grab a fantastic bargain deal today."

No buyer or No seller ?

High Enbloc potential at 3.5 plot ratio and 108k sf site and just nice 10 years old this month.

Yes a hidden gem... just that a bit late now as the prices has gone up pretty fast... getting hot... no done deals as it may not be attractive at this price if enblock is unsuccessful. But again.. willing buyer, willing seller

There is another FH the Arris near to it (District 2).

NTG
01-09-09, 14:39
Arris surrounded by HDB and small site. Not attractive.

Emerald Garden two levels of basement car park.
Very few car parked there ( under utilized )
Most owners are investors.
Easy to enbloc.
108,000 sf * 3.5
= 378,000 psf
= 378 units of 1000sf 2 bedder
= 630 units of 600sf studio

Sail, One Shenton, Marina Bay Residences as price reference.
Developer easily sell at $1800 psf onward.

blackswan
01-09-09, 14:56
Went to view this project a month and a half ago.
Like that area thoroughly. Just that the cpompound is too small for my 2 kids to really run around (have to say the pool is really small).

The ceiling is also not as high as those new launches in the last couple of years.

But one very good thing going for it is that the quoted square feet is really that as there are no bay window, planters or huge balcony (in fact only certain unite have it).

NTG
01-09-09, 15:10
Floor to ceiling height is standard.
First floor has higher ceiling height than the rest.
Strength is in build floor area maximized, no wasted floor area on planter, bay window, and balcony.
Weakness is few facility, swimming pool small, no tennis court.
This one is condominium status, may be because of larger site area.

blackswan
01-09-09, 15:17
I thought there is tennis court there cos when you drive in, the guard will give you a piece of papers that show where all the blocks are and it does show there is a tennis court on the other side of the entrance. Or maybe I am wrong.

durian
01-09-09, 15:23
Can you explain how to have en-bloc potential when there's no revision in plot ratio in the last master plan? If developer wants to buy, there'll probably not pay more than $1k (or best case $1.2k psf) because you need to factor in construction cost and developer's margin. make no sense to enbloc.

Arris surrounded by HDB and small site. Not attractive.

Emerald Garden two levels of basement car park.
Very few car parked there ( under utilized )
Most owners are investors.
Easy to enbloc.
108,000 sf * 3.5
= 378,000 psf
= 378 units of 1000sf 2 bedder
= 630 units of 600sf studio

Sail, One Shenton, Marina Bay Residences as price reference.
Developer easily sell at $1800 psf onward.

Laguna
01-09-09, 17:56
Agent liar.

No buyer or No seller ?

what is the height limit?

blackswan
01-09-09, 18:22
Can you explain how to have en-bloc potential when there's no revision in plot ratio in the last master plan? If developer wants to buy, there'll probably not pay more than $1k (or best case $1.2k psf) because you need to factor in construction cost and developer's margin. make no sense to enbloc.

Exactly, my ??? is also "What's the current plot ratio now?"
If its already 3.5, then its the same case as Pacific Mansion, lots of talk about enbloc potential but in actual fact not so as the plot ratio had already been max out.

Was also told that the stretch at the back where Beng Hiang is, they are all conservation house, hence its unlikely that in any instance where EG is being enbloc, the developer can built too high a project as the conservation house in front and back is only 2 - 3 storey high.

durian
03-09-09, 18:16
Exactly. It will be very odd if there's a 20 or 30 storey block sticking out. One agent mentioned about possibility of en-bloc to me and when i asked him how can it be done, he couldn't tell me. :rolleyes:

Exactly, my ??? is also "What's the current plot ratio now?"
If its already 3.5, then its the same case as Pacific Mansion, lots of talk about enbloc potential but in actual fact not so as the plot ratio had already been max out.

Was also told that the stretch at the back where Beng Hiang is, they are all conservation house, hence its unlikely that in any instance where EG is being enbloc, the developer can built too high a project as the conservation house in front and back is only 2 - 3 storey high.

SL
05-09-09, 09:24
This is definitely not correct.

..... its the same case as Pacific Mansion, lots of talk about enbloc potential but in actual fact not so as the plot ratio had already been max out....

blackswan
05-09-09, 12:37
This is definitely not correct.

Bro, you have the current plot ratio, can enlighten us?
If not, can point us to where to obtain this info?

Have a great weekend.

Condorich
05-09-09, 12:55
You may wish to refer to online masterplan at URA web site.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/

its says 3.5 there

blackswan
05-09-09, 18:58
I know the 2008 Master Plan show 3.5 but that's for the future right?

Current utilization or the existing project might be or lower than 3.5 right? Or did I interpret it wrongly?

durian
10-09-09, 15:17
Spoke to a person from the MCST, I was told the project has utilised its maximum plot ratio. Only way for enbloc is someone come in buy the whole building and convert to service apartment.

If carpark space is consider part of GFA, then that was the only possible area that can utilised.

Current utilization or the existing project might be or lower than 3.5 right? Or did I interpret it wrongly?

SL
10-09-09, 16:10
Currently only <2.8 lah.. the 3.5 was approved when these folks were pushing for an en-bloc 2 years back.. dont ask how come I know.. I just know lah.

SL
10-09-09, 16:19
If there is no en-bloc potential why would those owners hold on to their units and why are people fighting to buy one there ?

DW
10-09-09, 22:07
If you are now paying a premium to get this emerald garden (which in my opinion is terribly run down and poor maintained), you are basically buying a option at an extremely high price with no certainty of it being exercised at all... ...

Given the underlying asset appears not to be fantastic, its really is a high price to pay for. Its like buying into a share of a company and thinking it will undergo some merger at some point in time. The number of M&A occurence during the boom times is certainly higher than the number of enbloc cases during the boom... ... , nonetheless, no one buys into a stock simply because they think there will be a merger a few years down the road. If news of these merger have been leaked, the price movement would have capture the same and priced that in.

I do not see that being the case for this property now. No clear immediate enbloc plans but if it appears a premium is paid on this basis, then it is an unsupportable rationale into buying this place.

If there is no en-bloc potential why would those owners hold on to their units and why are people fighting to buy one there ?

Condorich
10-09-09, 23:35
Yes.. do look at past transacted prices...

It will be a different story if the plot ratio gets a further revision. Look at Pinnacle@Duxton plot ratio... similar?

Anyway I feel that it is speculative and a bit of a gamble.

blackswan
10-09-09, 23:43
Currently only <2.8 lah.. the 3.5 was approved when these folks were pushing for an en-bloc 2 years back.. dont ask how come I know.. I just know lah.

谢谢大哥。。。。。。

blackswan
10-09-09, 23:44
If you are now paying a premium to get this emerald garden (which in my opinion is terribly run down and poor maintained), you are basically buying a option at an extremely high price with no certainty of it being exercised at all... ...

Given the underlying asset appears not to be fantastic, its really is a high price to pay for. Its like buying into a share of a company and thinking it will undergo some merger at some point in time. The number of M&A occurence during the boom times is certainly higher than the number of enbloc cases during the boom... ... , nonetheless, no one buys into a stock simply because they think there will be a merger a few years down the road. If news of these merger have been leaked, the price movement would have capture the same and priced that in.

I do not see that being the case for this property now. No clear immediate enbloc plans but if it appears a premium is paid on this basis, then it is an unsupportable rationale into buying this place.

Have to agree that the project is not too well maintained. Especially the children playground. Tons of mosquitoes. Nut wonder if its due to the restaurant/Bar beside it.

durian
24-09-09, 13:35
Probably due to MRT construction worksite. Really need to put up with the inconvenience cause by the construction for the next 2 years. :doh:

BTW, latest URA transactions of caveats lodges showed a unit transacted at $1,449 in Sept. :D

Have to agree that the project is not too well maintained. Especially the children playground. Tons of mosquitoes. Nut wonder if its due to the restaurant/Bar beside it.

NTG
19-10-09, 20:13
This is one of the best maintained condo in Singapore, financially and estate management. Do you know who are the people who had been running the MC for the last 7 years ? We have previous senior parliamentary minister, very senior civil servants, senior professionals, and senior business men in the MC.

The Cross street MRT line used the Top-down approach, and the roof flapping are almost completing. The Upper Cross street from Chinatown point to One Raffles Quay will be restored, while work underground still on-going. Check yourself the Upper Cross street stretch from Chinatown point to Far East Square had been restored. By year end, from Far East point to One Raffles Quay will be restored.

This is one of the most under valued property in District 1. When Sand IR open next year, the price will not be today's price.

DW
15-11-09, 21:16
Last went there, found the place rather poor maintained. Maybe it was just that block I visited... but generally, that place does not look particularly upclass. The interiors and the maintenance of the condo looks more like B grade condo to me. :(

This is one of the best maintained condo in Singapore, financially and estate management. Do you know who are the people who had been running the MC for the last 7 years ? We have previous senior parliamentary minister, very senior civil servants, senior professionals, and senior business men in the MC.

The Cross street MRT line used the Top-down approach, and the roof flapping are almost completing. The Upper Cross street from Chinatown point to One Raffles Quay will be restored, while work underground still on-going. Check yourself the Upper Cross street stretch from Chinatown point to Far East Square had been restored. By year end, from Far East point to One Raffles Quay will be restored.

This is one of the most under valued property in District 1. When Sand IR open next year, the price will not be today's price.

DC33_2008
09-03-10, 22:09
RECENT TRANSACTIONS:

#11-21 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1355PSF 1033 $1400k 11 Feb 10
#08-15 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1430PSF 1238$1770k 10 Feb 10

CLIFT AND ONE SHENTON HELP TO BOOST UP PRICE AT EMERALD GARDEN GIVEN 999 LH AND NEAR FUTURE MRT STN.

DC33_2008
14-04-10, 19:05
MORE TRANSACTIONS IN EMERALD GARDEN WITH PRICES INCREASING.

#07-09 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1457 1098 $1600k 29 Mar 10
#11-18 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1503 1216 $1828k 29 Mar 10
#07-02 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1340 1528 $2048k 26 Mar 10
#06-22 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1481 1033 $1530k 26 Mar 10
#11-17 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1440 829 $1193k 25 Feb 10
#11-21 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1355 1033 $1400k 11 Feb 10
#08-15 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 $1430 1238 $1770k 10 Feb 10

jc
14-04-10, 22:39
Overpriced :doh:

DC33_2008
17-04-10, 13:07
Why is it overpriced? Pls advice.

august
17-04-10, 15:17
pricing is nearing highest ever peak, so upside lesser and lesser, no enbloc in sight also... of cos not saying it wont break new high

Property_Owner
17-04-10, 15:26
pricing is nearing highest ever peak, so upside lesser and lesser, no enbloc in sight also... of cos not saying it wont break new high

When I bought Southbank, prices are near to peak too... People say crazy to buy southbank 1200plus, lesser upside. Now someone offer me 1450psf already. What's e hurry?

august
17-04-10, 15:32
When I bought Southbank, prices are near to peak too... People say crazy to buy southbank 1200plus, lesser upside. Now someone offer me 1450psf already. What's e hurry?

how much u bought ur southbank? u bought subsale ah?

DC33_2008
17-04-10, 16:07

Not bad! Someone offered me yesterday only $1420psf. Can wait.

DC33_2008
17-04-10, 16:10

In comparison to a stone throw development like One Shenton and the Clift, do you think it is overpriced given those are 99LH and EG is 999LH?

august
17-04-10, 16:27
In comparison to a stone throw development like One Shenton and the Clift, do you think it is overpriced given those are 99LH and EG is 999LH?

no 2 projects r the same.. those 2 r high rise & are quite diff from something like EG..

EG potential to me lies in enbloc, and nestling within a conservation area i nt sure will there b any issue :p

iirc EG's peak is around 1800psf in the last cycle, now sellers are asking 1600 or 1700psf rite?? a buyer entering at this price how much does he hope to unload for? 2000psf, 2200psf? of cos is possible, but seems like not much meat for the next buyer

diff investors they will hv diff meaning of overprice.. me poor man mah, so is overprice to me :o

DC33_2008
17-04-10, 16:42
But people are buying 12th floor unit with no view at the Clift/one shenton at $1600psf. Units at the 99LH Centro at AMK has caveat lodged at 1300psf for a similar size unit. Shouldn't there be upside if one is willing to hold for a while?

no 2 projects r the same.. those 2 r high rise & are quite diff from something like EG..

EG potential to me lies in enbloc, and nestling within a conservation area i nt sure will there b any issue :p

iirc EG's peak is around 1800psf in the last cycle, now sellers are asking 1600 or 1700psf rite?? a buyer entering at this price how much does he hope to unload for? 2000psf, 2200psf? of cos is possible, but seems like not much meat for the next buyer

diff investors they will hv diff meaning of overprice.. me poor man mah, so is overprice to me :o

august
17-04-10, 16:54
But people are buying 12th floor unit with no view at the Clift/one shenton at $1600psf. Units at the 99LH Centro at AMK has caveat lodged at 1300psf for a similar size unit. Shouldn't there be upside if one is willing to hold for a while?

i think for comparative valuation purpose, the attributes of clift/1 shenton r diff from EG.. EG would be better compared with something like e.g. craig place

maybe as a guide, if currently the bank valuations can meet seller's asking price then i guess is not over priced~ :o

DC33_2008
17-04-10, 17:01
Is craig place a good comparative guide given it is only a 99LH and the nearest MRT is 280m away?

i think for comparative valuation purpose, the attributes of clift/1 shenton r diff from EG.. EG would be better compared with something like e.g. craig place

maybe as a guide, if currently the bank valuations can meet seller's asking price then i guess is not over priced~ :o

august
17-04-10, 17:19
Is craig place a good comparative guide given it is only a 99LH and the nearest MRT is 280m away?

dunno, ask the valuers? :o

DC33_2008
17-04-10, 17:24
dunno, ask the valuers? :o

Valuation from two banks were between 1460 -1500 psf 2 months ago for a two-bedder at EG. Not sure if it is gone up now?

durian
20-04-10, 20:58
Overpriced :doh:

When Club/Cross Street MRT is operational and surrounding conservation properties are rejuvenated , $1.4k psf will look like a steal.

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:01
When Club/Cross Street MRT is operational and surrounding conservation properties are rejuvenated , $1.4k psf will look like a steal.

Recent 99LH development, Waterbank, at Dakota already reached 1200-1300psf and does not have enough carparks. This 999LH place in District 1 is near Chinasquare and Raffles place, and has enough parking lot and does not need to pay monthly parking. $1500psf is still reasonable.

jc
20-04-10, 22:19

Rejuvenated or not, the area is under conservation. Based on current mkt, it is overvalued at $1.4kpsf. If u talk abt future, then there are other better properties out there.

jc
20-04-10, 22:23
Why is it overpriced? Pls advice.

Overpriced based on current value of land vis a vis other parts of the island & future potential is a ? as surrounding are all conservation. This project cannot be comparable to One Shenton or Clift as they are in different location.

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:26
Rejuvenated or not, the area is under conservation. Based on current mkt, it is overvalued at $1.4kpsf. If u talk abt future, then there are other better properties out there.

Is it overvalued because it is a conserved site? Otherwise, why is it overvalued given the only 999LH site there. But I understand from the planner of URA that one can put in a proposal as the height limit there is more than 30 storeys as can be seen on the latest masterplan.

jc
20-04-10, 22:29
Recent 99LH development, Waterbank, at Dakota already reached 1200-1300psf and does not have enough carparks. This 999LH place in District 1 is near Chinasquare and Raffles place, and has enough parking lot and does not need to pay monthly parking. $1500psf is still reasonable.
$1500psf i go for Marbella. Dist 1 near Raffles Place & Chinasquare so? What does that go to do with price? Ardmore Park is not near any D1 :)

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:32
Overpriced based on current value of land vis a vis other parts of the island & future potential is a ? as surrounding are all conservation. This project cannot be comparable to One Shenton or Clift as they are in different location.

I thought this is nearer to raffles city and future mrt stn. What will happen 30 years later when the Lease for one shenton and clift is down to 60 odd years while EG has still 800 years LH?

jc
20-04-10, 22:36
I thought this is nearer to raffles city and future mrt stn. What will happen 30 years later when the Lease for one shenton and clift is down to 60 odd years while EG has still 800 years LH?

Well pal i am not disputing that one shenton and clift is LH99 n this is 999. But they are of a different location, although same District.

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:36
$1500psf i go for Marbella. Dist 1 near Raffles Place & Chinasquare so? What does that go to do with price? :)

Why Marbella?

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:41
Well pal i am not disputing that one shenton and clift is LH99 n this is 999. But they are of a different location, although same District.

In fact, it has better rental yield and lots of expatriate (bankers) prefers this place as they can walk to work. In future, Telok Ayer MRT stn which is just 150m away and one stop from Marina Bay Financial Centre.

jc
20-04-10, 22:41
Why Marbella?

Just an example at a certain px a certain project is worth (not vested in Marbella or EG). The point is EG is in D1 but not equal to Sail, MBR, One Shenton, Clift, as they are of different location. Proximity to Raffles Place has no bearing on the price, else People's Park would have worth a lot more. :)

jc
20-04-10, 22:44
In fact, it has better rental yield and lots of expatriate (bankers) prefers this place as they can walk to work. In future, Telok Ayer MRT stn which is just 150m away and one stop from Marina Bay Financial Centre.

Then that's a different consideration already cos u r going for yield. Suburbs can give much higher yield. My SMRT & Reits also give me very good yield. :)

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:47
Just an example at a certain px a certain project is worth (not vested in Marbella or EG). The point is EG is in D1 but not equal to Sail, MBR, One Shenton, Clift, as they are of different location. Proximity to Raffles Place has no bearing on the price, else People's Park would have worth a lot more. :)

I fully agree with you that EG is different from the other newer developments. They draw a different crowd. People's park has a different crowd. You may want to visit EG to see who is there.

jc
20-04-10, 22:54
I fully agree with you that EG is different from the other newer developments. They draw a different crowd. People's park has a different crowd. You may want to visit EG to see who is there.

Well i am not sure whether who stays there actually affects the value of the Land where the property sits. No offense to anyone staying there, it may be a nice place to stay to some, but still overpriced at $1.4psf now. If the whole mkt moves up, yes i believe the px of it will move too.

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:56
Then that's a different consideration already cos u r going for yield. Suburbs can give much higher yield. My SMRT & Reits also give me very good yield. :)

It is not really a fair comparison. The absolute gain is not much. as compared to Capital Gain of property besides the rental yield. If you were to compare the value of blue chips, some has gone up by more than 300% since last March. They are just different instruments. One can use equity to build up cash faster and then invest in real estate,etc.

DC33_2008
20-04-10, 22:57
Well i am not sure whether who stays there actually affects the value of the Land where the property sits. No offense to anyone staying there, it may be a nice place to stay to some, but still overpriced at $1.4psf now. If the whole mkt moves up, yes i believe the px of it will move too.

They do not stay there but they own them.

jc
20-04-10, 23:04
They do not stay there but they own them.

Well i don't know who owns them :) Well if u don't mind can PM me if the names are too private to be mentioned.

august
20-04-10, 23:20
i think pty play is capital appreciation and upside, for yield as jc pointed out reits and some stocks give much better yield

august
20-04-10, 23:21

i wont be surprised if some of them are cashing out of EG and moving on to marina bay ~

DC33_2008
21-04-10, 08:30
I believe so but some of them may not need to do that as they are cash rich.
i wont be surprised if some of them are cashing out of EG and moving on to marina bay ~

cashrich
21-04-10, 10:10
I believe so but some of them may not need to do that as they are cash rich.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

august
21-04-10, 10:32
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

wah! you the man!

DC33_2008
23-04-10, 17:30
Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
#08-12 999 Yrs $1478 1055 $1559k 08 Apr 10
#10-07 999 Yrs $1295 1055 $1366k 29 Mar 10

new2mondrian
23-04-10, 19:28
Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
#08-12 999 Yrs $1478 1055 $1559k 08 Apr 10
#10-07 999 Yrs $1295 1055 $1366k 29 Mar 10

pricing is very reasonable (aka mai-tu-liao) indeed....

but seems like all owners are now asking for $14XXpsf onwards. :( The $1295psf transaction looks like a fantastic deal.

durian
25-04-10, 14:37
Agree. That is a bargain. the unit has pool views and is quite windy. :doh:

pricing is very reasonable (aka mai-tu-liao) indeed....

but seems like all owners are now asking for $14XXpsf onwards. :( The $1295psf transaction looks like a fantastic deal.

marktkt22
20-03-11, 22:40
hi, seem that there a mix of good and bad review in 2010 on this projt...i am keen on this projt , and it for investment /rental purpose.. any problem or feedbacks from forumer to share ,,?:)

DC33_2008
22-06-11, 09:46
Recent caveat lodge in June for EG at $1680psf. Anyone knows the size and stack?

Laguna
23-06-11, 15:51
33 Club Street #08-18 1,216 $2,043k $1,680 Jun 2, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #04-02 1,529 $2,200k $1,439 May 6, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #04-14 1,259 $1,760k $1,398 Apr 11, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #03-23 926 $1,400k $1,512 Apr 11, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #11-26 980 $1,550k $1,582 Mar 8, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #02-16 829 $1,300k $1,568 Mar 8, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #04-04 990 $1,535k $1,550 Mar 1, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #03-08 969 $1,510k $1,559 Feb 18, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #05-27 937 $1,480k $1,580 Jan 24, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #11-23 926 $1,480k $1,599 Jan 17, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale

DC33_2008
23-06-11, 16:47
This is probably highest in the last two years for this size of apartment.

33 Club Street #08-18 1,216 $2,043k $1,680 Jun 2, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #04-02 1,529 $2,200k $1,439 May 6, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #04-14 1,259 $1,760k $1,398 Apr 11, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #03-23 926 $1,400k $1,512 Apr 11, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #11-26 980 $1,550k $1,582 Mar 8, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #02-16 829 $1,300k $1,568 Mar 8, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #04-04 990 $1,535k $1,550 Mar 1, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #03-08 969 $1,510k $1,559 Feb 18, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #05-27 937 $1,480k $1,580 Jan 24, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale
33 Club Street #11-23 926 $1,480k $1,599 Jan 17, 2011 1999 999 Yrs From 01/10/1827 Resale

kingkong1984
23-06-11, 21:16
this is rosed quite a bit since 2009... will rise to $2000 psf i think. When MRT is up.

Laguna
24-06-11, 14:40
This project was launched in the 1980s, if not wrong the price as about $1000 psf and was very hot with lot of ppl selling option then.

Unfortunately, this is a 1.4 plot ration land with high of 5 storey, else the enbloc potential is great.

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 15:11
The URA Cpncept Plan shows plot ratio of 3.5. :confused: The current height of EG is already 8-storey high. The floor-to-ceiling is much higher than the new development.
This project was launched in the 1980s, if not wrong the price as about $1000 psf and was very hot with lot of ppl selling option then.

Unfortunately, this is a 1.4 plot ration land with high of 5 storey, else the enbloc potential is great.

Laguna
24-06-11, 15:26
The URA Cpncept Plan shows plot ratio of 3.5. :confused: The current height of EG is already 8-storey high. The floor-to-ceiling is much higher than the new development.

There is no way to have plot ratio of 3.5 and a height constraint.

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 15:40
There is no way to have plot ratio of 3.5 and a height constraint.

Extracted from URA Concept Plan:

Only entrance shop building is under conservation. Read carefully.

As defined by URA :

GPR = Max # of Storey
1.4 = 5
1.6 = 12
2.1 = 24
2.8 = 36
>2.8 > greater than 36

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd266/babysgp/Master2008EMG-1.jpg

Laguna
24-06-11, 15:42

As defined by URA :

GPR = Max # of Storey
1.4 = 5
1.6 = 12
2.1 = 24
2.8 = 36
>2.8 > greater than 36

thanks for the info...useful

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 15:57
People are interested in EG becos Telok Ayer mrt stn in the new DTL1 is just 100m away from EG. http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/EmeraldG_TelokAyerMRT.jpg

thanks for the info...useful

kingkong1984
24-06-11, 16:56
saw this gem sometime back...

but well... missed the boat.

I think the best ones will be the plot opposite amara hotel.. duno what name already. But must see its selling price.. got cut robert head or not.

SpinCity
24-06-11, 17:07

As defined by URA :

GPR = Max # of Storey
1.4 = 5
1.6 = 12
2.1 = 24
2.8 = 36
>2.8 > greater than 36

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd266/babysgp/Master2008EMG-1.jpg

Visited EG a few times and suspect that the plot ratio might have been maxed out as the common area is rather small. Any idea?

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 17:47
This will be an excellent gem if plot ratio is revised upwards as URA planners' policy is to increase plot ratio of land near mrt to maximise it. Vertical compact housing will be the way to go in Singapore. Not sure if the plot ratio of EG has been revised upwards after 1998.
Visited EG a few times and suspect that the plot ratio might have been maxed out as the common area is rather small. Any idea?

SpinCity
24-06-11, 18:04
This will be an excellent gem if plot ratio is revised upwards as URA planners' policy is to increase plot ratio of land near mrt to maximise it. Vertical compact housing will be the way to go in Singapore. Not sure if the plot ratio of EG has been revised upwards after 1998.
If the plot ratio can be revised upwards it definitely have redevelopment potential as it is a very rare residential site in that area

However, this plot of land sits among conservative shop houses and I think it may look a bit odd to erect a 20-story+ high-rise building there.

Anyway, if one day EG goes for enbloc, I will definitely sign the CS but right now I am very happy with collecting rents

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 18:06
I would not like it to be enbloc. Would like to keep it given its uniqueness.
If the plot ratio can be revised upwards it definitely have redevelopment potential as it is a very rare residential site in that area

However, this plot of land sits among conservative shop houses and I think it may look a bit odd to erect a 20-story+ high-rise building there.

Anyway, if one day EG goes for enbloc, I will definitely sign the CS

SpinCity
24-06-11, 18:16
I would not like it to be enbloc. Would like to keep it given its uniqueness.
Interesting, on one hand you consider it's a gem once plot ratio increases, on the other you don't want it to be enbloc

Anyway, I hope that when that day do come, if you and I both are still owners there, we can have enough signatures to push it through
Just my hope though and you are welcome to hope otherwise
Happy to collect rents, may be happier to enbloc. Who knows :)

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 18:22
You are right. It is rather ironic. But GEM is to be kept and passed on to my children. Tap on the rental for the passive income as long as I can.
Interesting, on one hand you consider it's a gem once plot ratio increases, on the other you don't want it to be enbloc

Anyway, I hope that when that day do come, if you and I both are still owners there, we can have enough signatures to push it through
Just my hope though and you are welcome to hope otherwise
Happy to collect rents, may be happier to enbloc. Who knows :)

kingkong1984
24-06-11, 19:19
This is rare.. keep it... its a golden pot.

sh
24-06-11, 23:54
agreed that it's a gem given it's location and 999LH status. Been eyeing it....

Only problem is.... it's quite ugly....:(

devilplate
24-06-11, 23:57
agreed that it's a gem given it's location and 999LH status. Been eyeing it....

Only problem is.... it's quite ugly....:(
I went to view few units last time too....common area looks vy cramped n i initially mistaken it as a temple or those chinese association

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 00:33
I went to view few units last time too....common area looks vy cramped n i initially mistaken it as a temple or those chinese association

ang mo like it can liao..

u watched kongfu panda?

go watch lah.. u will know.. chinese is in.

devilplate
25-06-11, 00:39
ang mo like it can liao..

u watched kongfu panda?

go watch lah.. u will know.. chinese is in.
Most angmor like it meh? Vy doubtful leh....jus not my cup lor

But no doubt its location n 999 status hard to come by in D1,2 area....

Btw, i watched both part 1,2 oredi:p

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 00:46
Most angmor like it meh? Vy doubtful leh....jus not my cup lor

But no doubt its location n 999 status hard to come by in D1,2 area....

Btw, i watched both part 1,2 oredi:p

jackie chan got a liner there..lucy liu... michelle yeoh.. so many... wonder why?

hahah... good to stay young at heart. :D

DC33_2008
25-06-11, 12:33
I believe the akitec is trying to blend in with the immediate surrounding which is quite good as it will be the odd one out. It is quite nostalgic with a courtyard which can give people a different feeling after walking into from a bustling city just 50m away. The pubs and dining immediate to EG gives a unique ambience. Anyway, different people different views. No right nor wrong.

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 12:43
its like durians.. either u like it or u dont... if u like it... wow, very nice... if u dun.. like shit...

but some durians very expansive and there are people who will appreciate it. That is all I can say.

DC33_2008
25-06-11, 12:57
It was transformed from a cheap to D24 durian which is appreciated by some group of people.
its like durians.. either u like it or u dont... if u like it... wow, very nice... if u dun.. like shit...

but some durians very expansive and there are people who will appreciate it. That is all I can say.

CCR
25-06-11, 13:45
If they upgrade the entrance properly then sure nice....

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 17:15
It was transformed from a cheap to D24 durian which is appreciated by some group of people.
50 cents durian sell u as d24 also have... Hahaha....

DC33_2008
26-06-11, 12:57
50 cents durian sell u as d24 also have... Hahaha.... Fortunately property has caveat. Otherwise it seller's words against buyer's words.

kingkong1984
26-06-11, 16:14
Fortunately property has caveat. Otherwise it seller's words against buyer's words.
Dun always trust that. Durians have price tags but wat u pay may not be wat u get. For properties, what u see may not be wat was paid. Switched there.

Caveats can be out of time, out of value.

DC33_2008
26-06-11, 18:03
You are true if there is only one caveat lodged in a year and the last one was more than a year ago.
Dun always trust that. Durians have price tags but wat u pay may not be wat u get. For properties, what u see may not be wat was paid. Switched there.

Caveats can be out of time, out of value.

kingkong1984
26-06-11, 19:20
as long as there are humans.. anything is posible, just legal or not.

Inflated for gain

Deflated for gain

U understand? Maybe u are not so complex in ur thinking.

DC33_2008
08-07-11, 12:55
Another caveat has been lodged in June. Anyone knows the stack and size?

kingkong1984
08-07-11, 13:08
Another caveat has been lodged in June. Anyone knows the stack and size?

33 EMERALD GARDEN #05-04
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1616
$1600k
16 Jun 11

If u dun know the stack and size, how do you know there has been a caveat lodged.

DC33_2008
08-07-11, 15:54
There is an additional caveat lodged in the streetsine, i.e. the nos. in the graph.
33 EMERALD GARDEN #05-04
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1616
$1600k
16 Jun 11

If u dun know the stack and size, how do you know there has been a caveat lodged.

kingkong1984
08-07-11, 16:20
There is an additional caveat lodged in the streetsine, i.e. the nos. in the graph.

its duplicated. Now call by condo name...

33 Club Street #05-04
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1616
$1600k
16 Jun 11
33 EMERALD GARDEN #05-04
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1616
$1600k
16 Jun 11
33 Club Street #08-18
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1680
$2042k
02 Jun 11

DC33_2008
09-07-11, 12:55
Rental is going up at EG with the help of new development in D1 like One shenton and clift. Rental yield is not bad even for the 2/3 bedders at 4 to 5%.
its duplicated. Now call by condo name...

33 Club Street #05-04
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1616
$1600k
16 Jun 11
33 EMERALD GARDEN #05-04
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1616
$1600k
16 Jun 11
33 Club Street #08-18
999 Yrs From 01/10/1827
$1680
$2042k
02 Jun 11

devilplate
09-07-11, 12:58
Rental is going up at EG with the help of new development in D1 like One shenton and clift. Rental yield is not bad even for the 2/3 bedders at 4 to 5%.
Wats the average rental for 2/3bdr now?
Do u mean 5% rental yieldis achievable based on current market px?

Tot rental will drop due to more projects TOP?

Jus did a quick calculation....nid to fetch 6700 to achieve 5% yield for the recent tx 1.6mil 2bdr....

devilplate
09-07-11, 13:10

Jus did a quick calculation....nid to fetch 6700 to achieve 5% yield for the recent tx 1.6mil 2bdr....
Only possible to hit 5% yield based on 5k rental n 1.2mio purchased px.....

Got 2bdr selling 1.2mil, i will grab :D

DC33_2008
09-07-11, 13:22
I meant existing owner not recent buyer. $psf and rental will move up when telok ayer mrt stn is in operation middle of next year. It is really close by.

devilplate
09-07-11, 13:25
I meant existing owner not recent buyer. $psf and rental will move up when telok ayer mrt stn is in operation middle of next year. It is really close by.
Now it make sense:D

Existing owner bot below 1200psf shd be able to get 5%yield

Sb still da best, can hit 9-10% yield for 1st owner

Icon 1st owner enjoy double digit yield:D

DC33_2008
09-07-11, 13:28
That is why always hold on to units in good location unless the capital gain is more than 100% and is 99LH.
Now it make sense:D

Existing owner bot below 1200psf shd be able to get 5%yield

devilplate
09-07-11, 13:31
That is why always hold on to units in good location unless the capital gain is more than 100% and is 99LH.
Yes....i totally agree:D

Jus nid to clear some toxic ppty away n keep the gems:D

rattydrama
09-07-11, 13:54

haha, where where, Im dying for one...:p

DC33_2008
09-07-11, 23:02
Fewer now. Need indepth search.
haha, where where, Im dying for one...:p

devilplate
09-07-11, 23:08
Fewer now. Need indepth search.
Dun tink can achieve 100% cap gain b4 nxt downturn at current px

30% cud be max liao from now

DC33_2008
12-07-11, 21:42
Another 2 more caveats lodged in June. To date, there are four units.

What are stacks and $psf for the most recent two units?

DC33_2008
14-01-12, 14:17
Mr Lui said that aside from the two major train disruptions recently, last year chalked up a number of transport milestones.

These included the opening of 12 stations of the Circle Line from Caldecott to HarbourFront in October, and the opening of a new train platform at the Jurong East station in May.

Next year, train commuters can look forward to the opening of the first phase of the Downtown Line from Bugis to Chinatown. This line will add another station to the Marina Bay area.

'It will bring us even closer to achieving our overall goal of having an MRT station within 400m on average - or a roughly five-minute walk - for all who live or work in the city and those who travel to the area for leisure,' he said.

Look forward to opening of Telok Ayer Station next year.

DC33_2008
25-03-12, 11:27
By Goh Chin Lian
The first six-station section of the MRT's Downtown Line (DTL) looks likely to open late next year.

And after it does, Chinatown will have its first underground shopping mall in a 200m linkway with potentially more than 30,000 sq ft of retail space, or about half that in CityLink Mall.

Of the six stations on the first 4.3km section, four - Chinatown, Bayfront, Promenade and Bugis - will connect to existing MRT lines. The Telok Ayer and Downtown stations will be in the heart of the old and new financial districts.

SHOPS HERE, SOON : The structure of an underground mall link connecting Chinatown and Telok Ayer stations has been built by the Land Transport Authority under Cross Street, but it will leave the walls and floor bare for the future developer. Like the 350m CityLink Mall from City Hall MRT interchange to Marina Square mall, the 200m link will have space for shops on both sides and a central walkway for commuters. With a width of 21km shared by the shops and walkway, the potential retail space could be more than 30,000 sq ft, or about half of CityLink's. Property experts said the shops may draw tourists in Chinatown or the weekday office crowd. -- :cheers4: CAN RAISE RENT AGAIN THEN!!:D !

august
25-03-12, 11:49
I rather they don't rush the opening but guarantee no breakdowns or hiccups.

DC33_2008
25-03-12, 14:21
I rather they don't rush the opening but guarantee no breakdowns or hiccups.
suppose one yr of test should be sufficient.

sh
25-03-12, 14:27

Oooo... didn't see this earlier....

that means have to sell SB liao....:confused:

DC33_2008
25-03-12, 18:54
Oooo... didn't see this earlier....

that means have to sell SB liao....:confused:
Just attended the smart investor panel discussion. Seems that investor now should be looking at rental yield potential rather than capital gain in the next few years. Shld keep yvr SB If uare geting good yield of at least 5%.

minority
26-03-12, 01:44
Just attended the smart investor panel discussion. Seems that investor now should be looking at rental yield potential rather than capital gain in the next few years. Shld keep yvr SB If uare geting good yield of at least 5%.

How to look at 5%? Rental yield? Coz u buy now... even is rental yield is 5% but capital deperciate if price drop 5-10% all r yield also go down the drain.

Jonathan0503
26-03-12, 08:38
How to look at 5%? Rental yield? Coz u buy now... even is rental yield is 5% but capital deperciate if price drop 5-10% all r yield also go down the drain.

If you got good holding power and don't sell, why would the yield go down the drain?

DC33_2008
26-03-12, 14:22
Properties are bought to be kept especially good ones like this one with 99LH next to mrt with underground malls & one stop to marina bay financial centre & walking distance to raffles place (D1).

sh
26-03-12, 20:35

I have been saying this for a long time. Buy for yield and long term appreciation, not to flip.:D

5% yield is hard to achieve if based on current price. If based on original price, it's well above 5%.:cheers4:

The issue i'm struggling with is whether to sell the LH to replace with a FH property. Think long term.... Very long term....:confused:

DC33_2008
26-03-12, 22:25
It is all about location. LH good FH better. It is still boils down to location.
I have been saying this for a long time. Buy for yield and long term appreciation, not to flip.:D

5% yield is hard to achieve if based on current price. If based on original price, it's well above 5%.:cheers4:

The issue i'm struggling with is whether to sell the LH to replace with a FH property. Think long term.... Very long term....:confused:

DC33_2008
26-03-12, 22:29
Yesterday's article in Sunday's Times has awoken some agents. Got a few calls if wiling to sell EG. No good reason to sell. Price and rental will move up again when telok ayer mrt stn operational next year.

devilplate
27-03-12, 00:16
Yesterday's article in Sunday's Times has awoken some agents. Got a few calls if wiling to sell EG. No good reason to sell. Price and rental will move up again when telok ayer mrt stn operational next year.
Nice try :D

DC33_2008
29-08-12, 15:40
Emerald Garden will have the Telok Ayer Station less than 100m when DTL 1 opens next year.

Thomson Line to fully open by 2021
Updated 03:07 PM Aug 29, 2012

The Thomson Line's alignment was announced this morning by Minister for Transport Lui Tuck Yew after he visited the Telok Ayer Station, which is one of six stations of the Downtown Line Stage 1.

"I am happy to announce that DTL Stage 1 is on track for opening by the end of next year," said Mr Lui. The six stations - Chinatown, Telok Ayer, Downtown, Bayfront, Promenade and Bugis - are currently in the final phase of completion.

Poloclub
29-08-12, 15:54
Emerald Garden will have the Telok Ayer Station less than 100m when DTL 1 opens next year.

Thomson Line to fully open by 2021
Updated 03:07 PM Aug 29, 2012

The Thomson Line's alignment was announced this morning by Minister for Transport Lui Tuck Yew after he visited the Telok Ayer Station, which is one of six stations of the Downtown Line Stage 1.

"I am happy to announce that DTL Stage 1 is on track for opening by the end of next year," said Mr Lui. The six stations - Chinatown, Telok Ayer, Downtown, Bayfront, Promenade and Bugis - are currently in the final phase of completion.

condo is pretty rundown. rental yield also not very fantastic despite the location. Best is to wait for some developers to en bloc it and resell it as 99 LH development. The road leading to this condo is pretty tight, I think it will be a nightmare for the shops along the streets if this project go for enbloc.

DC33_2008
29-08-12, 15:55
Another station (Thomson Line) next to Emerald Garden!:cool1:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/309199_374271855976390_1081163057_n.jpg

Poloclub
29-08-12, 16:02
Another station (Thomson Line) next to Emerald Garden!:cool1:

which mean the drilling construction is going to continue till 2021...

DC33_2008
29-08-12, 17:28
Not as bad as the construction of Telok Ayer mrt stn. Understand that there is a shopping belt (like Marina Link) that links between Telok Ayer mrt station and Chinatown mrt stn. Fortunately, it is closer to Maxwell Road.
which mean the drilling construction is going to continue till 2021...

DC33_2008
10-03-13, 21:02
Road closure for pedestrian at Ann Siang road and part of club street to create a more attractive environment to complement the use and character of the area starting trial from April - Jun on Fridays and saturdays 7pm - 1am.

smartboy2
23-03-13, 16:47
If they are going to start construction on your thomson line,
i bet the rentals are going to suffer much much more due to traffic congestion and noise hazards

kane
23-03-13, 17:19
a few or couple of hundred difference honestly won't be much of a diff if you've been a landlord long enough. most important is the tenant look after your place.

smartboy2
24-03-13, 11:19
a few or couple of hundred difference honestly won't be much of a diff if you've been a landlord long enough. most important is the tenant look after your place.

the inconvenience, dust and will shun tenants away. But of course, there is still demand in any area

DC33_2008
24-03-13, 11:22
This station is not like Telok Ayer station which has affected the rental some of the blocks. Now, telok ayer station is less than 50m away from the rear gate. :D
If they are going to start construction on your thomson line,
i bet the rentals are going to suffer much much more due to traffic congestion and noise hazards

DC33_2008
20-11-13, 13:20
Good news for EG with MP2013 as compared o MP2008: Fewer highrise buildings.

MP2013
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/EG2013_zpsd03e9454.jpg (http://s332.photobucket.com/user/DC33_2008/media/EG2013_zpsd03e9454.jpg.html)

MP2008
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/EG2008_zps0f8b8917.jpg (http://s332.photobucket.com/user/DC33_2008/media/EG2008_zps0f8b8917.jpg.html)

Ringo33
21-11-13, 22:08
Good news for EG with MP2013 as compared o MP2008: Fewer highrise buildings.

MP2013

MP2008

I am not sure how this can be good news. If there are lesser highrise, that mean the place is already over crowded and there will be little chance of government increasing the plot ratio.

So how is this a good news for a 999LH project that is hoping to get en bloc in future?

DC33_2008
22-11-13, 12:59
Why enbloc when already collecting passive income besides the substantial capital appreciation. Would prefer to own a property in D1.
I am not sure how this can be good news. If there are lesser highrise, that mean the place is already over crowded and there will be little chance of government increasing the plot ratio.

So how is this a good news for a 999LH project that is hoping to get en bloc in future?

Ringo33
22-11-13, 13:44
Why enbloc when already collecting passive income besides the substantial capital appreciation. Would prefer to own a property in D1.

When building age cost of maintenance will go up, rental will come down so will be your rental yield. Eventually owners will realize that collecting rent alone is not going to make you rich.

Ultimately why buy 999 or FH if you are not hoping for en bloc?

sh
22-11-13, 13:56
When building age cost of maintenance will go up, rental will come down so will be your rental yield. Eventually owners will realize that collecting rent alone is not going to make you rich.

Rental alone will not make you rich. Rental + capital gains has made many in this forum rich....

DC33_2008
22-11-13, 15:40
Planning policy is to increase plot ratio of development near mrt especially in prime area. There is great potential for a development that is close to 1 existing, 1 coming up Line in dec 2013 and the third mrt line opposite maxwell market when Thomson line is ready. :)

Ringo33
22-11-13, 16:41
Planning policy is to increase plot ratio of development near mrt especially in prime area. There is great potential for a development that is close to 1 existing, 1 coming up Line in dec 2013 and the third mrt line opposite maxwell market when Thomson line is ready. :)

plot ratio can only be increase if the surrounding infrastructure is able to accommodate higher density development. For EG, its surrounded by conservation housing and narrow road, it will be difficult to change that even if you have additional MRT line passing by.

DC33_2008
22-11-13, 19:10
Bro, you may not know who you are responding to. Checkout the roads around it. It has wider roads than those in your favorite estate.
plot ratio can only be increase if the surrounding infrastructure is able to accommodate higher density development. For EG, its surrounded by conservation housing and narrow road, it will be difficult to change that even if you have additional MRT line passing by.

Ringo33
23-11-13, 11:09
Bro, you may not know who you are responding to. Checkout the roads around it. It has wider roads than those in your favorite estate.

EG are surrounded by conservation shop houses in all direction and small roads like Club Street, Amoy Street, Gemmill Lane, an area which have major parking space problem. Which roads are you comparing to?

DC33_2008
06-06-14, 12:56
Emerald Garden (EG) amongst the skyscrapers and shophouses.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/RafflesCityViewEGJune2014_zps03061eb3.jpg (http://s332.photobucket.com/user/DC33_2008/media/RafflesCityViewEGJune2014_zps03061eb3.jpg.html)

Link to view EG by night at this ideo link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/video/stunning-night-time-hyperlapse-video-095414366.html

DC33_2008
31-01-17, 07:57
Unusual Double Rainbow sighted at CBD on 30 Jan 2017.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/EGDoubleRainbow30Jan2017_zpsfvkxkugo.jpg (http://s332.photobucket.com/user/DC33_2008/media/EGDoubleRainbow30Jan2017_zpsfvkxkugo.jpg.html)

Werther
03-02-17, 10:54
Unusual Double Rainbow sighted at CBD on 30 Jan 2017.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/EGDoubleRainbow30Jan2017_zpsfvkxkugo.jpg (http://s332.photobucket.com/user/DC33_2008/media/EGDoubleRainbow30Jan2017_zpsfvkxkugo.jpg.html)

Nice skyline view.

Any good buy lately, Bro?

DC33_2008
06-02-17, 07:37
Do you think $1700-1800/psf a good buy in D1 999LH property?
Nice skyline view.

Any good buy lately, Bro?

Tomutomi
23-03-17, 19:32
829 sqf unit just sold in Jan for only 1137 psf

Khng8
23-03-17, 21:25
Any idea why this unit is transacted so low? Poor facing or ...?

Kelonguni
23-03-17, 22:02
Likely related parties transaction.

teoronn
24-01-18, 12:04
Thanks for your replies!

I see it too low from standards as well!

Guest123
25-06-18, 10:46
A little bird told me that the owners have appointed ET and have passed the EOGM on 23 June 2018 to adopt the enbloc CSA. Reserve Price = S$800 million.

Arcachon
25-06-18, 13:10
A little bird told me that the owners have appointed ET and have passed the EOGM on 23 June 2018 to adopt the enbloc CSA. Reserve Price = S$800 million.

Some see it, others Don't.

Guest123
28-06-18, 11:20
The plot of land in front at Club Street will be released as a hotel in Sep 2018. Will that have an impact on EMG enbloc? Can the developer change the EMG plot to hotel use after it purchased it at S$800 million during the enbloc?

Guest123
21-08-18, 10:59
FOR THE RECORD - From URA DC344/55-7 dated 21 Dec 2010

The total gross floor area of the proposed building is 33,721.9413m2 (residential gross floor area = 33,233.5502m2 and commercial GFA 488.3911m2). The overall plot ratio is 3.4758 (gross). Total gross floor area of the proposed building shall not exceed 33,721.9413m2 (residential gross floor area = 33,233.5502m2 and commercial GFA 488.3911m2). The overall plot ratio shall not exceed 3.4758 (gross).

BBlove
21-03-21, 06:12

Any update on the enbloc?