PDA

View Full Version : Watten Residences

cool_rrk
03-06-09, 13:21
Hi, I have been reading about this launch.
It is now being advertised furiously in the papers by many agents ...I believe a fair number of the 60 units sold out...anyone has any idea on this launch?

Localite
03-06-09, 13:36
Yes it is a beautiful location. In fact the whole of Watten is one of the best places to live in Singapore. It is a nice hilly quiet vicinity and convenient to schools.

Lord Anus
03-06-09, 14:23
For less than the price they charge for strata terrace and semi d, you can buy a real landed in Watten itself.

Screw the swimming pool and underground parking lah. Do we really need those?

Lord Anus
03-06-09, 14:25
Yes it is a beautiful location. In fact the whole of Watten is one of the best places to live in Singapore. It is a nice hilly quiet vicinity and convenient to schools.

A few km down the road, you will find Trevose landed estate better. Houses there are newer and more trendy, and just opposite NUS Law School and Botanic Gardens.

duckweed
03-06-09, 20:03
A few km down the road, you will find Trevose landed estate better. Houses there are newer and more trendy, and just opposite NUS Law School and Botanic Gardens.

road accessiblity at trevose also better than watten area. i dread having to make the u-turns to get to dunearn from bukit timah.

nevertheless, i do like the watten and shelford area. generally quiet, breezy and easy access to greenwood.

cool_rrk
03-06-09, 20:38
road accessiblity at trevose also better than watten area. i dread having to make the u-turns to get to dunearn from bukit timah.

nevertheless, i do like the watten and shelford area. generally quiet, breezy and easy access to greenwood.

anyway I met an agent today who told me that there are only 7 units left out of the 59 units. I found that amazing because they launched last year and sold only 2, now they sold another 50 in the last month...I guess maybe the price is very low now.

I also looked at the floor plans- hard to gauge the actual built in even though the strata title for semi-d is 4000sf. (price is 3.4M)

august
04-06-09, 00:24

traffic coming out from trevose to bt timah rd can be quite jialat one...

duckweed
04-06-09, 19:17

at least you have a few options to choose from:
- kheam hock road
- dunkirk ave
- trevose crescent
- merryn road (good for getting onto PIE, not dunearn)

august
05-06-09, 14:22
at least you have a few options to choose from:
- kheam hock road
- dunkirk ave
- trevose crescent
- merryn road (good for getting onto PIE, not dunearn)
ya go by kheam hock and turn right .. but coming out is kinda dumb to backup to e small rd or kheam hock and come out to bt timah leh

Lord Anus
05-06-09, 14:48

At least Kheam Hock Rd has traffic light to Dunearn Rd and a bridge with traffic lights over the canal to Bukit Timah Rd.

Watten and Hillcrest, if you want to come out to Dunearn Rd, you better buy a car that can go from 0-60 KM/H in 2 or 3 seconds. If want to go to Bukit Timah Rd, got to go to Adam traffic light and u turn.

Which one more jialat? Of course Watten/Hillcrest/Shelford la...

* Do you know which one is Dunearn Rd and which one is Bukit Timah Rd? Sounds like you are quite confused leh.

august
05-06-09, 14:53
At least Kheam Hock Rd has traffic light to Dunearn Rd and a bridge with traffic lights over the canal to Bukit Timah Rd.

Watten and Hillcrest, if you want to come out to Dunearn Rd, you better buy a car that can go from 0-60 KM/H in 2 or 3 seconds. If want to go to Bukit Timah Rd, got to go to Adam traffic light and u turn.

Which one more jialat? Of course Watten/Hillcrest/Shelford la...

* Do you know which one is Dunearn Rd and which one is Bukit Timah Rd? Sounds like you are quite confused leh.

oops hehee i meant dunearn ~~

Lord Anus
05-06-09, 14:54

Main reason why I like Trevose area is because of the huge piece of land that is the Command House. Now being used as UBS School of Wealth Management. The Command House takes up so much land that if you calculate population density in the entire area, it is quite low. Trevose also has constant police car patrol at night. Feels safe.

Watten Estate by comparison, I feel is overpopulated and has too many houses, for it to really be an exclusive landed area. Some parts of Watten feel like D15 landed estate in Siglap and Telok Kurau.. so tight, squeezed and narrow.... no space to even park 2 cars on the road... houses packed so tightly together like Geylang chicken market like that... :D

Last but not least, Trevose is opposite Botanic Gardens Cluny Rd entrance and Nassim area. Sort of more high class and closer to Orchard...

cool_rrk
06-06-09, 22:23
Main reason why I like Trevose area is because of the huge piece of land that is the Command House. Now being used as UBS School of Wealth Management. The Command House takes up so much land that if you calculate population density in the entire area, it is quite low. Trevose also has constant police car patrol at night. Feels safe.

Watten Estate by comparison, I feel is overpopulated and has too many houses, for it to really be an exclusive landed area. Some parts of Watten feel like D15 landed estate in Siglap and Telok Kurau.. so tight, squeezed and narrow.... no space to even park 2 cars on the road... houses packed so tightly together like Geylang chicken market like that... :D

Last but not least, Trevose is opposite Botanic Gardens Cluny Rd entrance and Nassim area. Sort of more high class and closer to Orchard...

Lord Anus this thread is not about Trevose or road directions. Please avoid acting like your name implies :-)

HP65
07-06-09, 00:20
Lord Anus this thread is not about Trevose or road directions. Please avoid acting like your name implies :-)

I think his comments are relevant. He is trying to compare Watten with other areas. Just because he dislike Watten, you asked him not act like an Anus? R u an agent for Watten? U sure sound like one trying to push the remaining units in Watten :D

cool_rrk
07-06-09, 00:26
I think his comments are relevant. He is trying to compare Watten with other areas. Just because he dislike Watten, you asked him not act like an Anus? R u an agent for Watten? U sure sound like one trying to push the remaining units in Watten :D

I meant he acts like the Lord.....why do you assume the other way.

:rolleyes: and I am not an agent lol (*but I wish*- maybe would have made a lot of money selling in the last month!!).
I am keen to know what people thought of the development given it was almost sold out in a month..and a little disappointment we ended up talking about the location vs the launch, thats all...:)

cool_rrk
07-06-09, 00:31

:rolleyes: and I am not an agent lol (*but I wish*- maybe would have made a lot of money selling in the last month!!).
I am keen to know what people thought of the development given it was almost sold out in a month..and a little disappointment we ended up talking about the location vs the launch, thats all...:)

duckweed
07-06-09, 04:50

i suppose you aren't getting any feedback about this development as no one has seen it. but i do agree with Lord A that it'll be better to get a landed than the strata units - all the more so if these are more costly.

cool_rrk
08-06-09, 21:25
i suppose you aren't getting any feedback about this development as no one has seen it. but i do agree with Lord A that it'll be better to get a landed than the strata units - all the more so if these are more costly.

yes I guess so, so its ok- there are always buyers for these types of strata title developments so somehow its appealing to a very niche crowd of buyers.
:beats-me-man:

Scg8866t
29-05-16, 00:31
I find strata landed to be better due to higher rental yield. Watten residence I think now you can buy a 3000sqft one that is tenanted for 7.5k for ard 3mil. You cant get that high a rental for terrace landed ard watten. Also the maintenance fee for watten residence is pretty affordable. $360 a month for 3000sq ft.