PDA

View Full Version : Sophia Residence (D9, Freehold, Guocoland)

mr funny
28-05-09, 23:28
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,335132,00.html?

Published May 28, 2009

UE and GuocoLand add green beauty

By MICHELLE YEO

(SINGAPORE) Green concerns have gone beyond consumers toting reusable shopping bags to developers putting up buildings that are kind on the environment.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-05-28/BT_IMAGES_MYBCA28.jpg
Winner again: UE has clinched its third and fourth Gold award for The Rochester condominium, shopping mall and hotel development

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-05-28/BT_IMAGES_MYBCA28-77V.jpg
Platinum winner: GuocoLand's Sophia Residence, a condominium coming up in the prime residential enclave of Mount Sophia in District 9

Two developers that have met the mark in this area are United Engineers Ltd (UE) and GuocoLand, with each clinching Green Mark awards given out by the Building and Construction Authority (BCA).

Having bagged two BCA Green Mark awards since 2007, UE has clinched its third and fourth Gold award for The Rochester condominium (residential category) and Park Avenue Rochester Hotel and The Rochester Square Shopping Mall (commercial category). The condominium, shopping mall and hotel form a mixed development in One-North, South Buona Vista Road.

This is the first commercial project in One-North to win such an award and deploy a district cooling system. This cooling system distributes thermal energy in the form of chilled water or other media from a central source to multiple buildings, eliminating the need for separate systems in individual buildings.

Having a green building, however, does not necessarily translate to absolute cost savings in the short term, since facilities such as the district cooling system can cost quite a substantial amount.

Benefits of green buildings are long term, some of which can be rather intangible, says David Liew, managing director of UE Developments. 'A good and clear conscience goes beyond what money can buy.'

Other green features of The Rochester include energy-efficient air-conditioning and lighting, and a water-efficient sanitaryware system in compliance with WELLS (Water Efficiency Label System), a national rating system by BCA.

Another plus point is the use of recycled building materials. The project will have outdoor furniture made from recycled materials and concrete kerbs built from recycled concrete aggregate.

A sky garden on the condominium's ninth storey and vertical greenery from levels four to eight in the commercial buildings add a touch of beauty.

UE, which has a history dating back to 1912, has managed to keep pace with the times, tailoring its corporate philosophy to take account of the current green focus.

'As a corporate citizen, we have a social responsibility as most of our projects will definitely have a physical and environmental impact on our island-state,' said Mr Liew. 'As a company, where we have to be responsible to our customers, shareholders and employees, maintaining a portfolio of environmentally sustainable buildings has also increasingly demonstrated long-term asset value and investment merits,' he added.

UE has plans to put its next project up for the Green Mark award - the UE Biz Hub in Changi Business Park.

GuocoLand is another developer that has excelled in meeting environmental standards, clinching the Platinum Green Mark award for its residential project, Sophia Residence.

The condominium is coming up in the prime residential enclave of Mount Sophia in District 9. This is the group's third such award, and its second Platinum.

Homebuyers seem to be more aware about environmental sustainability these days, and GuocoLand has kept its clients satisfied.

Trina Loh, managing director of GuocoLand (Singapore), noted that Sophia Residence is one of the first Green Mark Platinum award projects assessed under the new and more stringent BCA Green Mark criteria. 'We are proud that Sophia Residence has excelled with its outstanding eco-friendly features and has exceeded some of the requirements.'

The innovative design process for the building façade also leads to a lower RETV (Residential Envelope Transmittance Value). This lessens the heat load and can achieve up to a 25 per cent reduction in electricity bills for air-conditioning.

An interesting feature of the condominium is its eco ponds and biofilter ponds. These ponds, which are part of the landscaping, will be fed by rainwater and ground water harvested from the development's roof terraces and infiltration trenches.

The ponds will then filter the water using oxygenating reeds and will be able to support diverse water plants and fish. The filtered water is collected in an irrigation tank and can be reused to irrigate the landscape.

The projected energy savings could come up to 3.8 million kWh a year - equivalent to S$728,000 in energy bills. Savings in potable water come up to 47,000 cubic metres a year, or up to S$115,000.

But beyond cash savings, the extensive green features will enhance the overall quality of life for the homeowners, said Ms Loh.

dazzle
30-05-09, 13:16
So far no news of launch of Sophia Residence leh... anyone knows?
Previously say they will launch in 2009... then no news liao... all quiet.
Looks like Guocoland will probably wait out the 'soft' property market for now..

wonder
21-06-09, 23:40
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Sophia+Residence+to+be+launched/

Anyone got any update on this ?

This is quite near Istana, will there be any restriction on buying ? Maybe foreigner not eligible to buy...

Any news appreciated.

Regulators
21-06-09, 23:47
apart from the location, i never understood why people would pay that kind of price for condos in mount sophia and park emily area? the condos there are horribly designed and crammed. for condos like parc emily, you can literally see whatever ur neighbours are doing across. for 1st owners, i can only congratulate them coz they bought at really cheap price, but for those idiots who paid 1300psf to 1500psf for that area, i just have to wish them luck in finding another sucker to take over their property next time...

wonder
22-06-09, 00:15
Hi, In your professional opinion, what price is consider right for sophia residences ?

wonder
22-06-09, 00:15
Hi, In your professional opinion, what price is consider right for sophia residences ?

Regulators
22-06-09, 00:38
i am no professional, but IMO i would not pay anything more than 1.1k psf for condos in that area. an agent tried marketing me sophia suites for 1700psf once and i called him seow...

wonder
22-06-09, 00:57
HaHaHa..... check ura, parc sophia transacted at S$1080 - 1150 psf.

You think foreigner can buy ? near istana

dazzle
22-06-09, 01:53
Yes foreigners can buy. A number of units of some of the developments there are sold to foreigners...

The $1080-$1150psf for Parc Sophia are the last few remaining ones (PES area larger rather than the actual unit itself. Can check plans to see. So that is why lower psf.). All the better facing ones gone liao.. You get what you pay for lah...

dazzle
22-06-09, 02:02
HaHaHa..... check ura, parc sophia transacted at S$1080 - 1150 psf.
You think foreigner can buy ? near istana

I think Guocoland will sell above the psf for Parc Sophia due to the cost of the land acquired for Sophia Residence during the Sophia Court enbloc.

bargain hunter
22-06-09, 09:42
Sophia Residence is clearly a much better product than Parc Sophia. I would not even attempt to compare the 2. Definitely established developer (with awards somemore) will sell at higher psf and people will still grab.

I think Guocoland will sell above the psf for Parc Sophia due to the cost of the land acquired for Sophia Residence during the Sophia Court enbloc.

bargain hunter
22-06-09, 09:45
not to forget parc emily is actually nearer to little india than dhoby ghaut! personally, i dislike the sophia, wilkie, emily area. like you said, poor design, many mickey mouse units developments. I wonder how bad the traffic is during peak hours?

apart from the location, i never understood why people would pay that kind of price for condos in mount sophia and park emily area? the condos there are horribly designed and crammed. for condos like parc emily, you can literally see whatever ur neighbours are doing across. for 1st owners, i can only congratulate them coz they bought at really cheap price, but for those idiots who paid 1300psf to 1500psf for that area, i just have to wish them luck in finding another sucker to take over their property next time...

wonder
22-06-09, 15:10
There is another thread post by SEA on the launch :

Freehold Project Launching Soon@District 9/Sophia Road

Looking at it, think this is the sophia residence, full condo facilities.

Will this be a good project to invest ?

bargain hunter
22-06-09, 15:29
it is probably a good project to invest based on its attributes but the price is surely not going to be good for buyers :)

There is another thread post by SEA on the launch :

Freehold Project Launching Soon@District 9/Sophia Road

Looking at it, think this is the sophia residence, full condo facilities.

Will this be a good project to invest ?

wonder
22-06-09, 15:46
Notice Arcadia Sky (99 yrs) by Wing Tai is launching soon as well, comparing with Sophia Residence (FH), which got higher potential ? to rent and to flip

bargain hunter
22-06-09, 16:48
that's Ascentia Sky. all depends on the pricing upon launch, hard to say which has better potential to rent/flip. should have no problem finding tenants for both but problem is how much will be the rent vs launch price which is too tough to determine at this point.

Notice Arcadia Sky (99 yrs) by Wing Tai is launching soon as well, comparing with Sophia Residence (FH), which got higher potential ? to rent and to flip

wonder
22-06-09, 18:09
The long stairs will not be good for elderly to walk down to street level. Notice there is another project just beside Plaza Singapore by DTZ, saw the banner and site yesterday while driving around that area. That will be more ideal perhaps

bargain hunter
22-06-09, 21:34
is that along handy road? that could be a 99 year leasehold site though, which govt sold to allgreen a few years back.

The long stairs will not be good for elderly to walk down to street level. Notice there is another project just beside Plaza Singapore by DTZ, saw the banner and site yesterday while driving around that area. That will be more ideal perhaps

wonder
23-06-09, 08:42
Yes you are right, along Handy Road.

Wonder Sophia Residence developer will make some side gate to access to the street just for residence ?

bargain hunter
23-06-09, 09:55
i guess wherever possible, they will have a side gate for easy access to which ever roads/amenities for residents' convenience.

did u see a showroom for the handy road site? i don't think its launch ready unless the showroom is up. Allgreen seems to have a few other launch ready projects which they would likely go ahead with first.

Yes you are right, along Handy Road.

Wonder Sophia Residence developer will make some side gate to access to the street just for residence ?

wonder
23-06-09, 18:00
No, did not see any showroom nearby.

Same for Sophia Residence, no showroom yet. Maybe showroom at other location.

Actually, how to gauge whether the project is worth investing ? Any key area to look for ?

bargain hunter
23-06-09, 19:32
i guess sophia residence stands out because the area is flooded with mickey mouse units. so only 8 @ mount sophia (but 103 year leasehold) and sophia residence are the only 2 investible ones so far.

No, did not see any showroom nearby.

Same for Sophia Residence, no showroom yet. Maybe showroom at other location.

Actually, how to gauge whether the project is worth investing ? Any key area to look for ?

wonder
23-06-09, 22:41
Thanks for your advise.
How many units you hold so far ?
Do you flip as well ?

bargain hunter
24-06-09, 00:22
i only have previous experience of buying and subsequently selling 1 unit in the past. Have not bought in recent turbulent times so still waiting for next year, if global economies do stabilise. Never tried flipping before.

Thanks for your advise.
How many units you hold so far ?
Do you flip as well ?

dazzle
24-06-09, 16:48
i only have previous experience of buying and subsequently selling 1 unit in the past. Have not bought in recent turbulent times so still waiting for next year, if global economies do stabilise. Never tried flipping before.

Hmmm... maybe thats a wise choice.. The US economy is still in the doldrums... my hats off to you..:cheers5:

bargain hunter
24-06-09, 22:49
that's too big a hat. i am just a one unit amateur. :ashamed1: I was thinking, if US economy is going through a slow recovery, I do not think the 2 IRs are going to do the trick for our economy.

Hmmm... maybe thats a wise choice.. The US economy is still in the doldrums... my hats off to you..:cheers5:

wonder
25-06-09, 00:10
Wonder how much will be the psf for sophia residence ?

wonder
25-06-09, 08:49
8@mt sophia transacted at around 1050 to 1150 in May at URA website, wonder how will be the psf price for sophia residence

bargain hunter
25-06-09, 09:17
i think sophia residence will be offered at AT LEAST 1400psf if not more. it won't come cheap.

8@mt sophia transacted at around 1050 to 1150 in May at URA website, wonder how will be the psf price for sophia residence

dunatos
25-06-09, 11:22
i think sophia residence will be offered at AT LEAST 1400psf if not more. it won't come cheap.

Wahhhh.... So ex! :doh:

bargain hunter
25-06-09, 11:55
just my guess, let's see if i guessed right that this is what developer is thinking.

Wahhhh.... So ex! :doh:

maisonjai
25-06-09, 13:58
my guess would be $1500< .... since it's 1 of the biggest development in that area....i wonder those facing KTV will be price higher or lower:cheers1:

wonder
25-06-09, 14:29
Any idea what is the recent launch price around that sophia area ?

august
25-06-09, 14:46
that's too big a hat. i am just a one unit amateur. :ashamed1: I was thinking, if US economy is going through a slow recovery, I do not think the 2 IRs are going to do the trick for our economy.

can the two IRs single handedly kick start our economy? i a bit doubtful, not say they won't help a bit, but not a big sure bet ;)

bargain hunter
25-06-09, 14:49
no recent launches at sophia. recently, i heard the relaunch of wilkie studios further up at wilkie area is around 1200+ to 1300+. anyone can confirm? that's why i built in, for better location, better landscape/awards etc should "justify" a 1400psf and above launch price.

Any idea what is the recent launch price around that sophia area ?

bargain hunter
25-06-09, 14:52
yeah, that's why i think there is potential for secondary market asking prices to cool off later this year esp. after all the pent-up demand has been filled in the coming few months. :cool:

can the two IRs single handedly kick start our economy? i a bit doubtful, not say they won't help a bit, but not a big sure bet ;)

dunatos
25-06-09, 16:22
my guess would be $1500< .... since it's 1 of the biggest development in that area....i wonder those facing KTV will be price higher or lower:cheers1:

Hahaha... largest development might also seem less exclusive...
Yea, 'imagine' Ge Tai singing in front of ur house :scared-2:

panamera
05-07-09, 12:33
At that type of pricing. almost certainly overpriced

wonder
05-07-09, 18:13
Heard launch push to next weekend, price around 1.8k psf....

Is definately overpriced.

Honesty
05-07-09, 20:36

If overpriced, Just wait lah....no hurry to buy....many many many new projects coming on the way...

dazzle
05-07-09, 22:40

Probably due to the lower sentiments in the stock markets (sg & US) right now about the larger than expected job losses... means economy not picking up and humming along any time soon. Citibank went back down to below 3.0.. 80% of movements on the US market before the 4th of July is all red and sliding downwards. not surprised if they hold back the launch even further.
Heh... no profit taking to plough in to property lah...

To be paying 1.8kpsf at this time must have balls of steel....

bargain hunter
06-07-09, 09:50
even at the earlier said 1500 to 1600psf, it was already quite ex. greedy developers think buyers are stupid, keep raising prices. its time for buyers to fight back by boycotting sky high prices. sentiment is indeed cooling in stock market. ppty market maybe not so soon but at best can only last until ghost month, after ghost month, momentum is gone if the market has not suffered from indigestion by then.

Probably due to the lower sentiments in the stock markets (sg & US) right now about the larger than expected job losses... means economy not picking up and humming along any time soon. Citibank went back down to below 3.0.. 80% of movements on the US market before the 4th of July is all red and sliding downwards. not surprised if they hold back the launch even further.
Heh... no profit taking to plough in to property lah...

To be paying 1.8kpsf at this time must have balls of steel....

wonder
07-07-09, 23:57
Sophia preview on this Friday. Heard Preview price with upto 13% discount (NPS) and stamp duty absorption by developer.

Price range 1.5k to 1.8k psf

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 01:18
stock market falling liao, who want to buy these overpriced prime projects? after poor response, 13% becomes 20%.

Sophia preview on this Friday. Heard Preview price with upto 13% discount (NPS) and stamp duty absorption by developer.

Price range 1.5k to 1.8k psf

proud owner
08-07-09, 01:20
stock market falling liao, who want to buy these overpriced prime projects? after poor response, 13% becomes 20%.

DJ was down close to 95 pts earlier now down 77

slow drift down .. 50 points everyday is enuff ..

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 01:40
yeah, i should correct my statement, its gonna be a slow drift downwards. how are things in the US? any green shoots whatsoever at all???

DJ was down close to 95 pts earlier now down 77

slow drift down .. 50 points everyday is enuff ..

proud owner
08-07-09, 01:41
yeah, i should correct my statement, its gonna be a slow drift downwards. how are things in the US? any green shoots whatsoever at all???

trust me not at all ..

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 01:44
i believe so too. my friend worked for lehman, he said he is one of the lucky few to have survived the multiple rounds of retrenchements and is now with barclays. he sees no green shoots whatsover either.

trust me not at all ..

dtrax
08-07-09, 17:30
2rms $1530-1767psf for release units
3rms $1129-1686psf

studio units price so high until i dun dare put here... see already balls will shrink

Above are based on 12% discount somemore hohoh...

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 19:53
heard developer brought forward the release to tomorrow from friday (probably thinking people still have not heard the news yet). hahaha, panic liao after the tax announcement today. the action is all happening now!

now let's see how good the sales are, the 1st test.

3rms $1129-1686psf

studio units price so high until i dun dare put here... see already balls will shrink

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 19:56
i post for you. 1 bedroom asking for 17xx to 18xx or was it more?! was told 614sq ft from 1.1m so derived a rough estimate that way.

3rms $1129-1686psf

dtrax
08-07-09, 20:17
noooooooo u juz made my balls shrink again 2nd time in 1 day

dtrax
08-07-09, 20:18
heard developer brought forward the release to tomorrow from friday (probably thinking people still have not heard the news yet). hahaha, panic liao after the tax announcement today. the action is all happening now!

now let's see how good the sales are, the 1st test.

as usual smaller units will go off first... probably harder to sell the 3bedders those > $2m

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 20:23
but might be a bit tricky with 1 and 2 bedder pricing so close, maybe more pple snap up 2 bedders but will hesitate with 1 bedder.

as usual smaller units will go off first... probably harder to sell the 3bedders those > $2m

dazzle
09-07-09, 14:22
Went to the showroom. They only show case the 4 bedder. It has a private elevator. Looks quite spacious. Lots of DTZ and a few ERA agents standing around.
They are pushing the 2,3 and 4 bedders. There is not even a scale plan model for the 1 bedder (They have scale models for the 2,3 and 4 rooms) - guess they are know that it will not sell as well as the 2-3 bedders. Entrances from development to Adis Rd, Sophia Rd and Handy Rd - based on the scale model of the whole project.
Bed rooms using dark laminate floring. Halls marble. Washing machine & dryer - Ariston; Oven and stove - Bosch...

dtrax
09-07-09, 14:23
ratio of cusotmers to agents 1:20?

dazzle
09-07-09, 14:29
ratio of cusotmers to agents 1:20?

Looking at it its like about 1:15. Security guard at the door.

teddybear
09-07-09, 14:31
How much are they selling for 2-4 bedders? Looking at the brands of appliances they are providing, I thought that they are selling at <=$1000 psf (some mid-market condo project). :D

Went to the showroom. They only show case the 4 bedder. It has a private elevator. Looks quite spacious. Lots of DTZ and a few ERA agents standing around.
They are pushing the 2,3 and 4 bedders. There is not even a scale plan model for the 1 bedder (They have scale models for the 2,3 and 4 rooms) - guess they are know that it will not sell as well as the 2-3 bedders. Entrances from development to Adis Rd, Sophia Rd and Handy Rd - based on the scale model of the whole project.
Bed rooms using dark laminate floring. Halls marble. Washing machine & dryer - Ariston; Oven and stove - Bosch...

Newbie Homebuyer
09-07-09, 15:08

Hi, how does a private elevator work? It means you got to have a security pass for the lift to stop at your floor? What if your upstairs neighbour get into the same lift as you ... when it opens at your floor, he can see the inside of your unit?

ppty
09-07-09, 15:48
just saw the floorplans of 2 and 3 bedder and noted the total open kitchen concept and just cant find where is the yard area !!!

did anyone notice this ??

skeptikos
09-07-09, 15:56
Nope no yard seen. Who buys open kitchens nowadays?

And does anyone know if it will be a sloping climb up the back entrance that they have? Kirk terrace or something... can't imagine carrying groceries up...:doh:

bargain hunter
09-07-09, 16:03
even in a private elevator, u still have to share with your upstairs and downstairs unit the lift even though you have a card. of course the holder of the card can only go to his own unit floor but if u happen to be in the same lift, the higher floor pple will still see a tiny part of the lower floor units. that's why they have a useless pte lift lobby area "for your privacy".

Hi, how does a private elevator work? It means you got to have a security pass for the lift to stop at your floor? What if your upstairs neighbour get into the same lift as you ... when it opens at your floor, he can see the inside of your unit?

bargain hunter
09-07-09, 16:22
i felt it was more like 5 agent to 1 client coz there were not many agents anyway. maybe a lot hiding behind, away from my view.

Looking at it its like about 1:15. Security guard at the door.

mr funny
09-07-09, 17:51
http://www.todayonline.com/Business/EDC090709-0000077/Building-on-its-success

Building on its success

Guocoland to market Sophia Residence soon

by Conrad Raj

05:55 AM Jul 09, 2009

SPURRED by the success of recent property launches at the upper end of the middle-class market, GuocoLand Ltd, the Singapore-listed arm of Malaysian tycoon Quek Leng Chan, will soon start marketing its Sophia Residence project on - where else? - Sophia Road.

The 272-unit project comprises several blocks of between eight and 14 storeys nestled in landscaped surroundings on a 166,000 sq ft freehold site, which was bought in September 2007 for some $230 million.

It is one of only three residential developments to have won the 2009 BCA Green Mark Platinum Award, the highest accolade for green buildings here.

Units will range from 610 sq ft studios to four-bedroom apartments of up to 2,960 sq ft, and will cost $1,500 to $2,000 per sq ft, depending on the view and floor.

The condominium, scheduled for completion in three years, is designed to be energy- and water-efficient, said investor relations and corporate communications head Chan Kong Leong. He expects investors to take to the well-located project - it is close to the Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station and Orchard Road.

All 272 units will be on sale at the launch - with the exception of 21 penthouses.

GuocoLand is also holding back the launch of its Goodwood Residence in Bukit Timah Road to wait for the "impending upturn" in the higher end of the property market.

Among the main features of Sophia Residence is a 200m-long landscaped roof garden, solar panels and a smart water management and harvesting system.

Earlier in the year, GuocoLand relaunched the remaining 182 units in The Quartz in Buangkok and the complex is now almost fully sold, it said.

Newbie Homebuyer
09-07-09, 18:26
even in a private elevator, u still have to share with your upstairs and downstairs unit the lift even though you have a card. of course the holder of the card can only go to his own unit floor but if u happen to be in the same lift, the higher floor pple will still see a tiny part of the lower floor units. that's why they have a useless pte lift lobby area "for your privacy".

Alamak, shoes can still kena stolen lah (if you're not watching...) ! haha ...

bargain hunter
09-07-09, 20:31
yeah, after the people staying above u smile cunningly, wave bye bye and when u enter ur unit, steal your shoes...that's something novel, i didn't think of that.

another seperate thing with regard to the article above:

WATER SAVING MEANS WATER PRESSURE IS VERY LOW. I have heard from agents that many tenants complain about that for Rivergate. That's the price of being a Greenmark approved project.

Alamak, shoes can still kena stolen lah (if you're not watching...) ! haha ...

dazzle
12-07-09, 00:36
No advertisment for this development in the local papers today...
Hmmm...

bargain hunter
12-07-09, 09:41
not launched yet, still preview i think.

No advertisment for this development in the local papers today...
Hmmm...

pweesng
12-07-09, 09:51
WATER SAVING MEANS WATER PRESSURE IS VERY LOW. I have heard from agents that many tenants complain about that for Rivergate. That's the price of being a Greenmark approved project.

you friend / agent is bullshitting you... it is a requirement that all the water pressure of all residential apartment has to be above a certain pressure. You can get a plumber and test it out for you, if it is below that prescribe level, developer has to make good for you... so how can buildings with greenmark supply water at less pressure?

also, you seems to have everything negative to say about any if not all the projects in Singapore. have you ever wonder why you still bother to snope around the forum and checking with agents anywhere about units here and there?

just a curious question... and also wondering what is your reason behind doing so...:beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
12-07-09, 10:23
pweesng, i think you are mistaken.

actually, recently when i visited one of the units available for resale at RG and tried out turning on the shower to the max, my wife commented that the water pressure is indeed too weak and would take a long time to wash her hair. i guess capitaland will definitely make it above the prescribed level, just a matter of personal preference.

if you look at my earlier posts, i have always preferred RG and PI, I am not negative on all the projects. I even took pains to write about everything positive about RG and PI. Even for your Wharf unit, remember that I said I liked the spaciousness and lack of wasted space? I like Wharf also because the design of the units are good and the price launched was reasonable.

I have also advocated not trying to talk down the market as it does not work. I just feel that the recently previewed/launched new projects are both too pricey and not of a good design. that is why I have been critical of all these new projects.

you friend / agent is bullshitting you... it is a requirement that all the water pressure of all residential apartment has to be above a certain pressure. You can get a plumber and test it out for you, if it is below that prescribe level, developer has to make good for you... so how can buildings with greenmark supply water at less pressure?

also, you seems to have everything negative to say about any if not all the projects in Singapore. have you ever wonder why you still bother to snope around the forum and checking with agents anywhere about units here and there?

just a curious question... and also wondering what is your reason behind doing so...:beats-me-man:

pweesng
13-07-09, 08:44
Dear Bargain Hunter,

Ok, i take back my words regarding the negative feedback you have for every project. And I apologise for it. After reading your post, i do remember some of the things you previously mentioned.

As for the water pressure, the prescribe level of pressure from PUB is 1.5 bar. 1.5 bar is sufficient for almost anything to work already. Be it rain shower, or any other kind of bubble shower heads.

1.5 Bar may notbe sufficient for those 6 jets shower system, hence for those, installer will usually advise customers to fit in a pressure booster.

In any case, if one is truely serious about saving water, there is not 2 ways around it. It has to come from using less water. And using less water means, cutting down on shower and hair washing time. Cutting down on dish washing time.

i have taken showers in RG before. honestly, i do not find it a problem.

pweesng, i think you are mistaken.

actually, recently when i visited one of the units available for resale at RG and tried out turning on the shower to the max, my wife commented that the water pressure is indeed too weak and would take a long time to wash her hair. i guess capitaland will definitely make it above the prescribed level, just a matter of personal preference.

if you look at my earlier posts, i have always preferred RG and PI, I am not negative on all the projects. I even took pains to write about everything positive about RG and PI. Even for your Wharf unit, remember that I said I liked the spaciousness and lack of wasted space? I like Wharf also because the design of the units are good and the price launched was reasonable.

I have also advocated not trying to talk down the market as it does not work. I just feel that the recently previewed/launched new projects are both too pricey and not of a good design. that is why I have been critical of all these new projects.

bargain hunter
13-07-09, 09:34
i guess its more a ladies' problem with regards to hair washing. for me, i would not think its a problem either. my agent friend told me of this lady tenant whose feedback was the lower water pressure so when we did manage to take a look at a unit, we sort of found it to be so also. A capitaland person told me that all the shower heads were fitted with this little piece of plastic which is a water saving feature. that's what is causing the seemingly lower water pressure i guess. was told the pressure is centrally controlled and the problem affects higher floor units more than lower floor ones for some reason. Can we fit a pressure booster internally within a unit?

Dear Bargain Hunter,

Ok, i take back my words regarding the negative feedback you have for every project. And I apologise for it. After reading your post, i do remember some of the things you previously mentioned.

As for the water pressure, the prescribe level of pressure from PUB is 1.5 bar. 1.5 bar is sufficient for almost anything to work already. Be it rain shower, or any other kind of bubble shower heads.

1.5 Bar may notbe sufficient for those 6 jets shower system, hence for those, installer will usually advise customers to fit in a pressure booster.

In any case, if one is truely serious about saving water, there is not 2 ways around it. It has to come from using less water. And using less water means, cutting down on shower and hair washing time. Cutting down on dish washing time.

bargain hunter
13-07-09, 10:02
According to DMG research:

While take-up for prime projects has receded (Sophia Residences:
~ 20+ sold out of 38 launched; Ferrell Residences: < 5 sold out of 34 units), buyers continue to
stream in for mid and mass projects.

But according to agents, at least 35 units for Sophia Residence has been taken up so not sure which is more accurate.

bargain hunter
13-07-09, 10:47
Perhaps this report from Merrill Lynch is more accurate, earlier one by DMG understated:

This weekend we visited the private preview of Sophia Residence a 272-unit
development in Mount Sophia by Guocoland and Ascentia Sky a 373-unit
development by Wing Tai in Alexandra. Pricing for Sophia Residences was set at
between S$1,400-1,800psf vs. new sales of nearby project Mount Sophia Suites
at S$1,200-1,300psf. Close to half of the units of the development were “compact
units” which were relatively well received and around 50 units were sold by
Sunday afternoon. Over at Ascentia Sky, pricing was set at S$1,300-1,500psf and
10% discount was offered to buyers during the preview period. Approximately 80
units were sold over the weekend.

chosen1
20-07-09, 01:36
Trying to report as i see and know of this project.

went there the first day of launch. the room is packed. i dont understand why the sarcasm about 15:1 agent ratio. i see my own 2 eyes that the interest is big. i stayed there till 8 pm and the room still has people coming in. i checked out the available units, all studio and 2 bedders sold out. 3 bedders still available but at poor facing. 4 bedders only a handful are available. all in all they launched 180 units since last week. and i think only left 15-20 units in their book.

the finishing is top notch, good parquette flooring, marble floors, big common area (living room and dining). full condo facilities but no tennis court or basketball court.

got access down to Cathay, and Plaza singapura through cathay residences and another access near nomu. its a stone throw away from wilkie mall. plenty of malls within 500m radius.

the 4 bedders are selling for 14xx-1500 psf after all discounts and rebates. Freehold.

in my novice opinion it is a better deal compared to prjects in River Valley, Novena and Newton. Check out Cosmo, Rivergate, Trillium, Park Infinia, even the low floors there are asking 14xx psf. Given its better finishing, and closer to where the action is (orchard) yet still maintain relative quiet, this project beats those i mentioned fairly easy. the exact location is right behind the Cathay.

dtrax
20-07-09, 01:46

went there the first day of launch. the room is packed. i dont understand why the sarcasm about 15:1 agent ratio. i see my own 2 eyes that the interest is big. i stayed there till 8 pm and the room still has people coming in. i checked out the available units, all studio and 2 bedders sold out. 3 bedders still available but at poor facing. 4 bedders only a handful are available. all in all they launched 180 units since last week. and i think only left 15-20 units in their book.

the finishing is top notch, good parquette flooring, marble floors, big common area (living room and dining). full condo facilities but no tennis court or basketball court.

got access down to Cathay, and Plaza singapura through cathay residences and another access near nomu. its a stone throw away from wilkie mall. plenty of malls within 500m radius.

the 4 bedders are selling for 14xx-1500 psf after all discounts and rebates. Freehold.

in my novice opinion it is a better deal compared to prjects in River Valley, Novena and Newton. Check out Cosmo, Rivergate, Trillium, Park Infinia, even the low floors there are asking 14xx psf. Given its better finishing, and closer to where the action is (orchard) yet still maintain relative quiet, this project beats those i mentioned fairly easy. the exact location is right behind the Cathay.

I got a unit there, the furnishing I would say is so-so nothing spectacular though, oven and stuff from bosch. The flooring according is "hard stone" according to the agent who mentioned in the specs but its actually marble, not sure why there is the confusion.
I guess with the recently transaction prices in nomu, prices at sophia residences is pretty reasonable with the exception of the 1/2 bedders which can make ur balls shrink.

Though not in the prime orchard area, I would say the location is unbeatable with access to the dhoby g. mrt interchange, going to orchard, downtown and other places like clarkquay by train is pretty quick. For car access, the only thing I can complain is the stupid erp gantry and the road leading out of sophia area. Personally been to that area very often and quite like the quiet location and yet near to orchard area.

proud owner
20-07-09, 23:20

what is full condo facilities without tennis court ?
then it is apt status ...not condo

Autonomy
21-07-09, 10:06
what is full condo facilities without tennis court ?
then it is apt status ...not condo

I think the difference between apt and condo status is not measured by the facilities but land size. An apartment reaches 'condo' status if it has more than 40,000 sqf in land size, and fulfills other minor criteria (such as the edge of a block cannot be too near to the condo border etc).

pweesng
21-07-09, 10:25
So essentially, what is the difference between a condo and an apartment status on a piece of land or property?

coz to me, it doesn't seem like a big difference really...

anyone care to enlighten me (us)?

sleek
21-07-09, 10:45
Setback Requirement for Flats and Condominiums :- Fig 1a
http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dcdrhb_d0e104.htm#d0e9420

Autonomy
21-07-09, 10:53
According to URA website, Condominium flats are development on sites of 0.4 ha or larger. Non Condominium flats development i.e apartments are on small sites below 0.4ha.

Therefore the main difference is the land size.

pweesng
21-07-09, 11:24
i see...

ok.. the setback is a big difference... essentially it determines the usable land area for the specific plot of land.

focus
21-07-09, 14:46
Dear Bargain Hunter,

Save water?.. Just bath in the public toilet at the swimming pool

mr funny
23-07-09, 15:14
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,342900,00.html?

Published July 23, 2009

Sophia Residence sells 85% of released units

GUOCOLAND Group's Sophia Residence has drawn a strong response from property buyers here, with 85 per cent of its 138 released units sold thus far.

The 138 units included 100 units that were released during the official launch of the development last weekend. GuocoLand said it decided to release 100 units as the initial 38 units released earlier during the preview were all snapped up.

The units sold were a mix of studio, two-, three-, four-bedroom and penthouse units with selling prices ranging from $1,450 to $1,850 per sq ft.

The development features 272 freehold units. All studio and two-bedroom units have been snapped up, said GuocoLand.

Margaret Thean, executive director of real estate agent DTZ, pointed to Sophia Residence's 'extremely attractive' location as the key draw.

Sixty per cent of the buyers are Singaporeans, while the rest are permanent residents and foreigners.

ERA president Jack Chua said that 'foreign buyers are buying the units for their children' due to the property's proximity to institutions of learning, such as the Singapore Management University.

Additional units will be released this weekend.

chosen1
24-07-09, 00:55
so they release the units in waves, is it? :confused:
why? some of the potential buyers that came this week and found that all good units are sold, will be turn off...
is this a matter of pricing? (inceasing the price for the coming release)

pweesng
24-07-09, 10:36
so they release the units in waves, is it? :confused:
why? some of the potential buyers that came this week and found that all good units are sold, will be turn off...
is this a matter of pricing? (inceasing the price for the coming release)

marketing tact... they release 80 units.. and if they manage to only sell 40 units... they will advertise that 50% of the release units are sold.

They will also staggered some good units and some not so good units at each release.

bear in mind though, even though if the units are not release, if you make a realistic offer to them for the unreleased units, they will still sell one.

I have been to a project, where it was advertised 80% sold, but if you look at the actual units sold, most of them were not part of the released parcel.

Starry
25-08-09, 20:46
Anybody knw what is the resale value for 1Bdrm and 2 Bdrm at Sophia Residence?

dazzle
26-08-09, 09:56
Anybody knw what is the resale value for 1Bdrm and 2 Bdrm at Sophia Residence?
A serach of the URA website today shows 4 caveats lodged:

SOPHIA RESIDENCE (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=SOPHIA%20RESIDENCE&street_name=SOPHIA%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) SOPHIA ROAD Condominium 1
$1,383,360
797sqf
Strata $1,737psf Aug-09

SOPHIA RESIDENCE (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=SOPHIA%20RESIDENCE&street_name=SOPHIA%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) SOPHIA ROAD Condominium 1
$2,197,360
1,378sqf
Strata $1,595psf Jul-09

$1,348,160
797sqf
Strata $1,693psf Jul-09

$1,697,520
1,033sqf
Strata $1,643psf Jul-09

My guess is that it's for 2-3 bedders. Psf is $1595-1737psf. For 1 bedder its on the higher end probably $1700-1800psf.. since psf is higher for smaller units.

Starry
26-08-09, 10:34
Thanks Dazzle, any idea how come there are only 4 caveats being lodged? I thought most units were sold out? Thanks

A serach of the URA website today shows 4 caveats lodged:

SOPHIA RESIDENCE (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=SOPHIA%20RESIDENCE&street_name=SOPHIA%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)SOPHIA ROAD Condominium 1
$1,383,360
797sqf
Strata $1,737psf Aug-09

SOPHIA RESIDENCE (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=SOPHIA%20RESIDENCE&street_name=SOPHIA%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)SOPHIA ROAD Condominium 1
$2,197,360
1,378sqf
Strata $1,595psf Jul-09

$1,348,160
797sqf
Strata $1,693psf Jul-09

$1,697,520
1,033sqf
Strata $1,643psf Jul-09

My guess is that it's for 2-3 bedders. Psf is $1595-1737psf. For 1 bedder its on the higher end probably $1700-1800psf.. since psf is higher for smaller units.

dazzle
26-08-09, 17:12
Thanks Dazzle, any idea how come there are only 4 caveats being lodged? I thought most units were sold out? Thanks

Usually caveats are lodged 2-3 months after transaction depending on the bank... so most probably there will be more in the next few weeks.
As for resale, I think sellers will try to price higher than what they bought in the first place unless its a desperado case...(i.e. cant service loans etc)

Starry
27-08-09, 22:09
Usually caveats are lodged 2-3 months after transaction depending on the bank... so most probably there will be more in the next few weeks.
As for resale, I think sellers will try to price higher than what they bought in the first place unless its a desperado case...(i.e. cant service loans etc)

Thanks alot Dazzle for the info:)

dtrax
13-06-11, 20:18
just got letter from developer the last 2 units are up for grabs... I think should be the larger units, transaction in April for for a 2k over sqft around 13xx psf

dtrax
18-09-11, 21:28
This has gotta be one of the slowest construction i have seen in my life:

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat044.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat043.jpg

2yrs still foundation...:sleep: :sleep:

hyenergix
18-09-11, 21:35
This has gotta be one of the slowest construction i have seen in my life:

2yrs still foundation...:sleep: :sleep:

Will the steel piles rust to such an extent as to reduce the mechanic strength?

dtrax
18-09-11, 21:42
exactly, i not sure but it looks scary lol

dtrax
04-11-11, 18:37
SOPHIA RESIDENCE 11 Sophia Road #09-26 1 187 Strata 4,327,950 23144 2150 20-OCT-2011 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 09 22 228194 Central Region Rochor

SOPHIA RESIDENCE 11 Sophia Road #09-26 1 187 Strata 3,016,640 16132 1499 17-AUG-2009 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted New Sale Private 09 22 228194 Central Region Rochor

New owner bot record high for a land of rubbles:

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat052.jpg

bargain hunter
04-11-11, 20:24
and new buyer has an hdb address? HIONG! :)

SOPHIA RESIDENCE 11 Sophia Road #09-26 1 187 Strata 4,327,950 23144 2150 20-OCT-2011 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 09 22 228194 Central Region Rochor

SOPHIA RESIDENCE 11 Sophia Road #09-26 1 187 Strata 3,016,640 16132 1499 17-AUG-2009 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted New Sale Private 09 22 228194 Central Region Rochor

New owner bot record high for a land of rubbles:

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat052.jpg

yjcai
04-11-11, 20:52
Will prime be moving again?

bargain hunter
04-11-11, 21:00
seems more like once in a blue moon than the norm still leh. :ashamed1:

Will prime be moving again?

hopeful
04-11-11, 21:42
and new buyer has an hdb address? HIONG! :)

the taiwanese lady who bought an entire block at Reflections also used HDB address :)

Daniel33
22-11-12, 14:45
just like to share that i have purchased LED lightings from www.ledazzled.com.
Its much cheaper than the shops in balestier etc etc... so if you like to their contacts, pls let me know.

Daniel33
22-11-12, 15:06
just like to share that i have purchased LED lightings from www.ledazzled.com.
Its much cheaper than the shops in balestier etc etc... so if you like to their contacts, pls let me know.

dtrax
22-11-12, 23:16
oh wdf spammer.. nvm some photo updates

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat130.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat131.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat132.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat135.jpg

Ringo33
22-11-12, 23:22
I think its good that the developers is taking their time to build this one as I do anticipate there will be more construction activities starting on the old school site.

Has anyone check with fengshui master about this project?

dtrax
22-11-12, 23:45
I think its good that the developers is taking their time to build this one as I do anticipate there will be more construction activities starting on the old school site.

Has anyone check with fengshui master about this project?

old school will still take quite sometime for the firm plans. Units facing opposite it will confirm tio blasted day n night by construction. The developer did 'sink' the land to level with the street. Fengshui wise, some says sunken land not gd, some say sunken land is auspicious as wealth collection sites. I think those pool facing not bad behind got hill, in front got a continuous flow of glass-bottom river stream through the entire estate

Ringo33
23-11-12, 00:20
old school will still take quite sometime for the firm plans. Units facing opposite it will confirm tio blasted day n night by construction. The developer did 'sink' the land to level with the street. Fengshui wise, some says sunken land not gd, some say sunken land is auspicious as wealth collection sites. I think those pool facing not bad behind got hill, in front got a continuous flow of glass-bottom river stream through the entire estate

Looking at the site plan, the entire site is actually being sandwich between mount sophia and those buildings along Selegie Road. PoMo, Parklane, Peace Center and many units will be overlooking the back alley of these buildings, where they will be rubbish bin, loading bay etc.

Also notice that tower unit facing Mount Sophia are actually block due to the view towards Istana. Personally I dont feel the fengshui is very good.

dtrax
23-11-12, 00:31
Looking at the site plan, the entire site is actually being sandwich between mount sophia and those buildings along Selegie Road. PoMo, Parklane, Peace Center and many units will be overlooking the back alley of these buildings, where they will be rubbish bin, loading bay etc.

Also notice that tower unit facing Mount Sophia are actually block due to the view towards Istana. Personally I dont feel the fengshui is very good.

yup u r rite, this place the view nothing to see, best onie pool view so those on high flr, higher psf nothing to say. Landscaping n greenery wise, cant comment much at this point until it is top

blackjack21trader
12-12-12, 15:25
This is one project targeted by the loaded landed owners who sold their semi-d recently. Know what you should do? Do not sell below S$2500psf!

dtrax
12-12-12, 15:32
This is one project targeted by the loaded landed owners who sold their semi-d recently. Know what you should do? Do not sell below S$2500psf!

If old school land for sale can fetch 1.6k psf land bid which I think is achievable, 2.5k psf sellong price is no sweat. Besides mount sophia suites during peak is around this price.

Afterall this is the magical land where Eu Tong Song magical Eu Villa used to sit

http://thelongnwindingroad.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/eu_villa.jpg

blackjack21trader
13-12-12, 06:45
If old school land for sale can fetch 1.6k psf land bid which I think is achievable, 2.5k psf sellong price is no sweat. Besides mount sophia suites during peak is around this price.

Afterall this is the magical land where Eu Tong Song magical Eu Villa used to sit

http://thelongnwindingroad.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/eu_villa.jpg

beautiful ! thanks for sharing, brother :)

minority
13-12-12, 16:33
this project is not too bad. but price is high for being so near to rocher.

dtrax
13-12-12, 16:47
All I can say, DUO resi wun come cheap, Walking distance to all 4 MRT lines, rochor complex tio evicted land will be super prime, flanked by parks gaogao, Edu hub gaogao, Malls n cineplex aplenty, Rochor-Ophir is one of the high growth areas: http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/beach_road.htm

dtrax
13-12-12, 19:41
http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat137.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat138.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat139.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat140.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat141.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat142.jpg

ekl2ekl2
13-12-12, 22:03
http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat137.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat138.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat139.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat140.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat141.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat142.jpg

You took these photos?

dtrax
14-12-12, 00:10
You took these photos?

Me not so garang, got it on developer's website

mcmlxxvi
14-12-12, 09:19
Me not so garang, got it on developer's website

bro dtrax vested here?

CCR = chiong chiong run!

Ringo33
14-12-12, 11:24
old school site on confirm list liao. Next year Jun we will know chiong bo chiong. http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/GLS-URA.html

I think this site should offer pretty nice view overlooking the CBD skyline.

dtrax
14-12-12, 15:33
hmm old schl got top of the hill fweeling

dtrax
14-12-12, 15:34
bro dtrax vested here?

CCR = chiong chiong run!

Lol as long as it is in singapore, I will be vested!

as for the land sale price, my estimate is about 1.5k-1.6k psf. Will revisit here again next June

azeoprop
14-12-12, 15:45
I thought this project was launched in mid 09? Until now not even finished yet? :doh:

dtrax
14-12-12, 16:42
I thought this project was launched in mid 09? Until now not even finished yet? :doh:

super slow construction ftw.. but also just in time for the land sales for old sch next yr

Ringo33
14-12-12, 17:39
super slow construction ftw.. but also just in time for the land sales for old sch next yr

when this project TOP, they should get the full blown effect of the construction at old school in 2014.

dtrax
14-12-12, 17:43
when this project TOP, they should get the full blown effect of the construction at old school in 2014.

facing is always damn important.. buy near empty sites but units not facing directly. Not facing directly muz also die die face poolview. The ones facing old schl will ggfied for the next few yrs

ekl2ekl2
15-12-12, 21:30
Sophia Res may look cheap if bid for old sch site is high.

dtrax
15-12-12, 22:52
Sophia Res may look cheap if bid for old sch site is high.

my estimate around 1.5-1.6k psf but forgot all GLS sites are 99LH, I think next yr many hot GLS confirm sites will be looking gd if the current situation continues

dtrax
16-12-12, 00:34
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8211/8274435505_1f0bb4b144_z.jpg

mcmlxxvi
10-02-13, 16:48
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/534791_10152530170105244_1927061393_n.jpg

Jonathan0503
10-02-13, 19:59
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/534791_10152530170105244_1927061393_n.jpg

You went condo visiting instead of house visiting?

dtrax
10-02-13, 20:00
that seems to be suites @ orchard

mcmlxxvi
10-02-13, 20:45

Whoooooooops:scared-2:

I'm OCR bumpkin. paiseh paiseh

Ringo33
13-02-13, 07:05

No wonder i have difficulties trying to figure out which part of SR is this.

Perlin
18-02-13, 16:38
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin :)
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert

marktkt22
17-03-13, 14:54
Has the projt top ?
Poh li,an 60m in debt leh,
any concern?

dtrax
17-03-13, 15:11
Still ongoing but Guocoland changing main con as well like CDL. Developer has to complete project by yr end which they are still sticking to this date. Any delays thereafter, they need to compensate owners at 10% p.a interest for every day of delay after Dec 31st vacant possession date as per S&P

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat169.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat164.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat165.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat166.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat167.jpg

DKSG
19-03-13, 12:58
Looks like it is going to be a very messy TOP.

Recently I viewed a just-TOP development and notice that a building can TOP without many things being completed!

So to all the owners - get ready!

DKSG

minority
19-03-13, 13:20
rush job . Quality will be poor. be prepared for long defects fix cycle.

hopeful
19-03-13, 14:00
Still ongoing but Guocoland changing main con as well like CDL. Developer has to complete project by yr end which they are still sticking to this date. Any delays thereafter, they need to compensate owners at 10% p.a interest for every day of delay after Dec 31st vacant possession date as per S&P

anybody knows base on what nominal amount are the interest calculated?

dtrax
19-03-13, 18:02
anybody knows base on what nominal amount are the interest calculated?

For BUC, it is always based on the amount you have paid progressively. So if let's say $1mil is paid to developer, the interest as stipulated in the S&P[standard is 10%] is calculated on a daily basis. So if the project is delay by 2mth, the lawyer will calculated the compensation to be made, i.e ~16k and deducted directly from the existing bank loan

arielle08
10-04-13, 23:38
Hi, Is this project fully sold? Was looking at the price at ppty guru. Seems pretty high on a psf basis. Do they have big balcony or bay window?
Thanks.

dtrax
25-04-13, 23:44
Project tio bao by Kimly Construction and heard that work has resume in early April.

Santro
10-03-14, 12:34
Did this project TOP already.

dtrax
11-03-14, 00:19
Not yet
http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat263.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat269.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat264.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat268.jpg

azeoprop
11-03-14, 00:46
2009 till 2014 and not yet TOP.....:doh::scared-5:

dtrax
11-03-14, 00:53
2009 till 2014 and not yet TOP.....:doh::scared-5:

super duper long lol, since the developer rich enuff to pay for the super long late delay compensation longer the better. From the pic, probably another 2+ months

bargain hunter
11-03-14, 07:14
bro, since which month has guocoland started compensating you?

super duper long lol, since the developer rich enuff to pay for the super long late delay compensation longer the better. From the pic, probably another 2+ months

Ringo33
11-03-14, 07:53
Didnt the main con for this project went bust? That could easily take up 6 months of delay.

dtrax
12-03-14, 18:15
bro, since which month has guocoland started compensating you?

Last yr dec.

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat274.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat276.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat277.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat284.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat282.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat279.jpg

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Shared/Media/images/status/SR/sr_stat280.jpg

Learner
12-03-14, 18:23
Bro dtrax, good to get some money into your pocket while they finished touching up. From your pics looks like a lot more needs to be done.

Guess delays for projects will be more common with all the tightening of labour. Just hope the quality will maintain, else defect list will be long :(

dtrax
12-03-14, 18:25
Bro dtrax, good to get some money into your pocket while they finished touching up. From your pics looks like a lot more needs to be done.

Guess delays for projects will be more common with all the tightening of labour. Just hope the quality will maintain, else defect list will be long :(

Probably 2-3months more, delays seems pretty common these days. The compensation will be quite a gd sum regardless plus still got stamp duty refund upon TOP

Learner
12-03-14, 18:33
Probably 2-3months more, delays seems pretty common these days. The compensation will be quite a gd sum regardless plus still got stamp duty refund upon TOP

Good for you :)

Congrats too. Nice development :)

Newbie1
12-03-14, 18:41
Looks good.

Arguably this one looks like the best in the area.

Do show some photos at TOP.

Is there a direct connection to handy road or need to walk around the plaza?

dtrax
12-03-14, 18:44
Looks good.

Arguably this one looks like the best in the area.

Do show some photos at TOP.

Is there a direct connection to handy road or need to walk around the plaza?

There is a side gate from pomo and another sidegate exit from adis road via the flight of staircase beside the cathay towards handy road

Ringo33
12-03-14, 22:01

May I know how do they work out the amount for compensation? Loss of potential rental income?

dtrax
12-03-14, 22:49
May I know how do they work out the amount for compensation? Loss of potential rental income?

10% interest p.a based on total amount paid to developer calculated daily. Standard clause for all BUC developments

Ringo33
20-03-14, 14:17
drove past the place yesterday I think should TOP within 2 months. Opposite at Old School they have started demolishing the old buildings.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 21:43
Someone sold at lost last month.

24 MAR 2014 1,517psf
7 SEP 2009 1,634psf

dtrax
10-04-14, 22:22
Very gd resale price and decent layout:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/e/3/c/8/e3c87039180356_1_V550.jpg

dtrax
10-04-14, 22:35
Someone sold at lost last month.

24 MAR 2014 1,517psf
7 SEP 2009 1,634psf

The new buyer technically will still pay more than 100k if factoring LD, stamp duty rebate and absd.

Ringo33
11-04-14, 11:52
Actually why sell now? Wont it be better for owner of SR to wait for LH Mount Sophia development to launch before selling?

dtrax
11-04-14, 13:02
Yah but anyway, looks like it is going to top by month end afterall, bca in the process of issuing top

rymccondo77
11-04-14, 13:07
Need the money?

Ringo33
11-04-14, 13:22
Need the money?

could be.

but timing not good though especially so near to TOP liao. at least collect key to look see before selling.

astroboy8681
11-04-14, 15:48
quite obviously has to be in need of money else why sell at a loss...

going to pose the same question for all -ve sale posted by b. hunter in his thread...?

a little common sense goes a long way... (shake head)

Newbie1
12-05-14, 22:19
Sophia Residence has TOP

Any owners or sophia area lovers got photos to share?

The longest roof garden for residential project

dtrax
12-05-14, 23:03
Sophia Residence has TOP

Any owners or sophia area lovers got photos to share?

The longest roof garden for residential project

http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Member/SR/Media/images/skysanctuary.pdf

Think PG already has some pics uploaded http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/sophia-residence-1533.
So far think about 20+ keys issued. Abit overkill for this development to have 5 security staff and 2 concierge staff

Newbie1
13-05-14, 15:15
http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Member/SR/Media/images/skysanctuary.pdf

Think PG already has some pics uploaded http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/sophia-residence-1533.
So far think about 20+ keys issued. Abit overkill for this development to have 5 security staff and 2 concierge staff

Only a few Photos, do not capture the essence of the project, esp long roof garden

Perhaps a site visit would be better.

would be interesting to see how sale & rental transactions go

yanyee_8
14-05-14, 18:42
Anyone know how to claim liquidated damages from the developer as per the sales and purchase agreement?

Thanks.

dtrax
15-05-14, 01:05
Anyone know how to claim liquidated damages from the developer as per the sales and purchase agreement?

Thanks.

the developer will make arrangements via the lawyer which you will be informed thru ur own lawyer. Payout will most likely will be made via check payments based on several recent TOP projects that has this clause triggered due to construction delay.

dtrax
19-05-14, 22:18
Very gd resale price and decent layout:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/e/3/c/8/e3c87039180356_1_V550.jpg

seller probably dui now unless he needs to liquidate... similar layout already rented out for 6.6k p.m with an additional 4.X% discount upon TOP given by developer due to LD

Maxim1
06-09-14, 23:16
Has anyone viewed the finished units after TOP? It seems all the units <1500 sq foot have open concept kitchen against the wall... Maybe I am old fashioned but this is rather impractical.
Also the pics on propguru don't show any units which have a good unblocked view (the best ones face the pool, the others face the backside of the Selegie area). Maybe the pics don't do it justice? The finishing looks not bad though.

dtrax
07-09-14, 00:49
Has anyone viewed the finished units after TOP? It seems all the units <1500 sq foot have open concept kitchen against the wall... Maybe I am old fashioned but this is rather impractical.
Also the pics on propguru don't show any units which have a good unblocked view (the best ones face the pool, the others face the backside of the Selegie area). Maybe the pics don't do it justice? The finishing looks not bad though.

Best view is either direct pool view or certain stacks on the top floor. Other than that, there is nothing much to boast about for this development in terms of view. Another thing is that certain stacks facing adis road might not be ideal due to lack of air flow.

Using the above layout as an example for 3rm <1500sqft, the suggestion is not to follow the intended floorplan. The best alternative imo, is to custom build an island table that doubles as a dining/wet kitchen and pulling back the living room area to make more space for sofa

Ringo33
07-09-14, 16:22
Using the above layout as an example for 3rm <1500sqft, the suggestion is not to follow the intended floorplan. The best alternative imo, is to custom build an island table that doubles as a dining/wet kitchen and pulling back the living room area to make more space for sofa

Layout is damn bad for 3 bedder. building an island will require some serious floor hacking to realign the water, electric supply and drainage.

dtrax
07-09-14, 16:33
Layout is damn bad for 3 bedder. building an island will require some serious floor hacking to realign the water, electric supply and drainage.

No need hack, no need align anything.. juz a simple solid surface table top. Just like those you have seen in showroom.
I more cheapo though, buy ready made island table since for rental only.

Jem
07-09-14, 17:35
Yes, open kitchens are the in thing now. It creates more open ness and space and u get additional kitchen workspace. With modern gadgets like airfryer you do not get oil and fumes as much. It is also far easier to entertain when u have guests over. One more thing. Having an open kitchen enables you to make ur home made dough and pasta better in our hot and humid weather cuz you have ur dining/living area aircon to help cool down. I had almost wanted to install an aircon unit in my kitchen years ago.

Ringo33
08-09-14, 08:10
No need hack, no need align anything.. juz a simple solid surface table top. Just like those you have seen in showroom.
I more cheapo though, buy ready made island table since for rental only.

If its a solid top island with no appliances and washing area, then you wont need to hack. The moment you have appliances and washing, you will need to run water supply, drainage and wires under the floor, and that will require hacking.

How much rent can a 3 bedder like this command today?

dtrax
08-09-14, 10:46
No appliances needed since you have it on one side. 3rm can rent for 6k