PDA

View Full Version : Versilia on Haig - Ipoh Lane

Pages : [1] 2 3

BIC
28-05-09, 20:55
Anyone heard of the Project Versilia on Haig along Ipoh Lane?

Would appreciate it if you could share your thoughts on this property. Thanks.:)

mezo
28-05-09, 22:42
Looks the best of all the development there at Butterworth area.

Average price ~850psf, considering that its cheaper than what others bought 1 year ago at >1000psf (bleeding badly now). Think its currently the cheapest among all

Likely to jam in the morning when traffic density increase with all the surrounding development completed (Imperial Heights, Worthington, Ritz, etc...)

Just outside red light district, outside Katong though has a D15 address...

BIC
29-05-09, 09:07
Thanks for your views and perspective of this project.

I actually welcome the developement of this area with others projects coming onstream. This area has many road access, so do not foresee traffic as a major problem.

Cheers.

dragonred
29-05-09, 12:19
Hi,

I live in that area, a stone's throw away. I rent there and that area is a hidden gem. Can't comment on the property itself or the developer. But from a location perspective, it's a fantastic area. 10 mins walk to Paya Lebar MRT for the East West & Circle Line. Can take a bus too if necessary. PIE or ECP is 5 mins drive away. Buses on Dunman road, 5 mins walk, taking you into CBD and Orchard. Right in the HDB hub, so lots of convenient shops, access to community centers etc.

Peak hour access & exit will be a bit busy but that's true of almost any place.

Butterworth 8 transacted at more than 850 psf in the last 18 months, and that the condos on Dunman road itself are now around 700-800 psf.

Trust that helps.

BIC
29-05-09, 22:22
Yes indeed. I have bought a unit in Versilia and what you have mentioned is exactly the same sentiments why I decided to live in this area.

TOP is expected to be 3Q 2010. Looking forward to be part of the buzz in that area.

Thanks.

Bignose88
21-06-09, 08:14
Heard that all sold out except 3 Penthouses @ about 1.8m - 2m.

This area should have potential in 5-8 years time. Part of Masterplan to revamp Paya Lebar into some business hub.

BIC
21-06-09, 22:11
Yup, just 3 penthouses left.

Am surprised they are still keeping the showroom for so long.

To me, its as good as 100% sold. Let's see how the sub-sale market perform for this development.

Cheers.:)

alxyan
01-07-09, 12:49
Any comments on the quality of finishing for Versilia and its developer?

joyride
08-07-09, 18:21
The penthouses are very nice... just way too expensive to buy. Just watch out for the west sun for the few units left.

alxyan
09-07-09, 01:25
The prices of units around this area, including Butterworth 8, dont move up much, compared to those in Amber Road, Meyer Road area. Is this area undervalued or what? The Paya Lebar Central plan also doesnt seem to move prices in this area. When are they going to enbloc Tanjong Katong Complex, Lion City Hotel, City Plaza, et al?

BIC
09-07-09, 22:00
As what Dragonred has mentioned previously, this place is a hidden gem. When the re-development of this place gather steam, more people will get to know about it and realised the potential of this place. Prices are bound to rocket sky-high.

Where can you find a freehold private property that are near amenities, good schools, walkable to MRT and minutes to Town.

My 2 cents worth. :spliff:

BIC
25-07-09, 19:42
Just an article on the development of Paya Lebar to share

Makeover to turn Paya Lebar into commercial node (http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/makeover-to-turn-paya-lebar-into-commercial-node/)

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http://) on June 8, 2008
Traditional Malay character to add unique flavour to area’s development
Paya Lebar was one of Singapore’s earliest commercial hubs, but it now stands neglected and underdeveloped, with the Singapore Post Centre building its sole marker of modernisation.
Within the next 15 years, however, all that will change.
http://bp2.blogger.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SEy2iiZ6ohI/AAAAAAAAL68/MzccY6cZAXI/s400/1.jpg (http://bp2.blogger.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SEy2iiZ6ohI/AAAAAAAAL68/MzccY6cZAXI/s1600-h/1.jpg)The Paya Lebar Station Plaza, seen here as an artist’s impression, is part of the Government’s draft masterplan to position the area into a fringe hub along the lines of Novena and Buona Vista. — PHOTO: URA
The neighbourhood around the Paya Lebar MRT station is slated for a major makeover as part of the Government’s recently unveiled draft masterplan.
It will be transformed into Paya Lebar Central, a suburban commercial node nestled between the city centre and the bustling Tampines commercial hub.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SEy2qU9-pkI/AAAAAAAAL7E/z50uYQqUHRw/s400/2.jpg (http://bp1.blogger.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SEy2qU9-pkI/AAAAAAAAL7E/z50uYQqUHRw/s1600-h/2.jpg)About 12ha of land around Sims Avenue and Geylang Road will be put up for development, yielding some 5.4 million sq ft of commercial space.
More than half of this space has been earmarked for offices. The rest will be for shops and hotels with about 1,400 rooms.
While Paya Lebar will be positioned as a fringe hub along the lines of Novena and Buona Vista, the area’s traditional local Malay character will add a unique flavour.
Apart from the new commercial buildings, some upcoming developments include landscaped public spaces around the cleaned-up Geylang River, a pedestrian mall along Geylang Road, and a new plaza square and civic centre next to the rebuilt Geylang Serai Market.
All these exciting plans make Paya Lebar an ‘interesting sub-regional centre’, said Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, the group general manager of property developer City Developments.
‘It has the potential to become as successful as Novena,’ he said at the masterplan’s launch last month.
But what does this all mean for potential investors and current owners of Paya Lebar properties?
Property consultants say it is a bit premature to predict any trend in property values right now or even in the next few years.
Over time, however, starting from about five years from now, properties in the area will almost definitely become more valuable, they add.
Office buildings and shopping centres are the most obvious beneficiaries, said Dr Chua Yang Liang, the head of South-east Asia research at property consultancy Jones Lang LaSalle.
‘The plans to improve Paya Lebar will have a long-term impact on the properties around the area,’ he said. ‘The first thing that comes to mind is that the commercial assets will benefit from the increased activity once things start to take shape.’
There are limited avenues for small-time investors to take advantage of, though, as there are not that many strata-titled commercial properties in the immediate area. The few that exist include City Plaza.
Dr Chua said, however, some properties in the nearby Geylang area might enjoy a spillover effect. Prices and rents of office and shop units there, such as coffee shops, have been on the rise recently.
Mr Li Hiaw Ho, executive director of CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) Research, also said hi-tech industrial buildings in the vicinity of Paya Lebar Central were likely to rise in value over time.
As for residential developments, there are currently no plans for new housing sites in Paya Lebar. This, however, may prove a boon to existing homes in the area.
Their prices and rentals are expected to rise, as the critical mass of workers that will flow into the commercial hub look for homes nearby to buy or rent, consultants say.
Currently, there are few major projects in the vicinity. Most apartment blocks are boutique developments around Guillemard Road, Guillemard Crescent, Sims Avenue, Haig Road and Geylang.
Prices differ widely, depending on the area, according to CBRE, citing data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority.
CBRE’s analysis show some recent launches, such as Esta Ruby in Guillemard Road and Cosmo in Guillemard Crescent, have commanded prices well above $1,000 per sq ft (psf).
Latest transactions for nearby developments along Haig Road, such as Butterworth 8 and Haig Garden, have fetched prices hovering around $1,000 psf.
Others, such as Sunflower Regency in Lorong 20 Geylang, are hovering at between $500 psf and $600 psf.
The same trends can be seen for completed projects. Homes in Geylang proper – including those in Sims Green, The Sunny Spring, Wing Fong Mansions, The Waterina and Aston Mansions – have been transacted recently at well below $600 psf.
On the other hand, homes in Geylang East, in projects such as Simsville and Central Grove, have been sold for $600 to $900 psf.
Le Crescendo, one of the rare condominiums along Paya Lebar Road, is fetching between $800 psf and $1,000 psf for its newly completed units.
As for public housing, prices for a three-room flat in the Geylang town range from $170,000 to $300,000, according to sales in the last three months. Prices are lower in estates along Paya Lebar Way, Eunos Crescent, Balam Road and Circuit Road, and higher in Haig Road and Aljunied Crescent.
Five-room flat prices range from below $300,000 in the Ubi area to well above $400,000 in Eunos Crescent.
Development plan
Within the next 15 years, about 12ha of land in Paya Lebar will be put up for development around Sims Avenue and Geylang Road, which will yield some 5.4 million sq ft of commercial space.
Source : Sunday Times – 8 Jun 2008

Easting
31-07-09, 00:46
agent sms me - left 1 penthouse

BIC
01-08-09, 15:40
Hi Easting,

This is correct. Only one penthouse left. Also confirmed by the developer when I e-mail them yesterday.

Are you an owner of Versilia also? Target TOP is 2Q 2010.

Cheers

alxyan
02-08-09, 11:31
I am an owner. A sad one. Bot at high price during 2007 peak. !@#@$

BIC
02-08-09, 17:48
Hi Alxyan,

Glad to find my first neighbour in this thread!!!;)

The last transacted price has gone up to $940psf in July from an average of $850psf in 1Q09.

If you are buying to stay, you must have found the location and amenities convenient. It will still be worth it.

Was informed by the developer TOP is expected to be 2Q'2010.

Hope to find more owners of Versilia in this thread.:cool:

Cheers.

alxyan
02-08-09, 23:54
I hope so. Just went to see Optima @ Tanah Merah today. 99 yr leasehold sold out at ave of 850 psf within 3 days. Unbelievable.

I think you Versilia Management Committee Chairman potential liao. kekeke.

BIC
05-08-09, 21:11
Had wanted to wait for Optima to launch when I started my property hunt. Thank goodness I did not.:banghead:

As for being in the Management Committee, thanks but no thanks!!:ashamed1:

alxyan
05-08-09, 21:59
I think the TOP will be before 2Q2010.

It has already reached 19th floor. Maybe will TOP by end of year.

BIC
07-08-09, 20:22
I would certainly drop by at the site again this weekend.

End of the year or 1Q2010 would be good. More time for renovation and moving in before ghost month.:hell-hath-no-fury:

centrico
08-08-09, 00:50
hi bought a unit in versilia :)

Winstan
08-08-09, 12:35
Bought a 3-BR unit in May 09. Master bedroom windows facing west. Hoping for some awning at the windows, otherwise, can be very warm in the afternoon.

BIC
08-08-09, 20:33
Hi Centrico and Winstan,

Welcome to the thread and happy to know you guys are owners of Versilia too!! :cheers6:

I bought my 3-BR unit in May too!!:spliff:

Cheers.

Honesty
08-08-09, 21:34
Bought a 3-BR unit in May 09. Master bedroom windows facing west. Hoping for some awning at the windows, otherwise, can be very warm in the afternoon.

If possible sell it fast cos the afternoon sun really very very very HOT...:simmering:

The heat will last for many many many hours in your room...:scared-3:

centrico
09-08-09, 00:00
HI BIC

Thanks
Bought a 2 BR unit facing south
Hopefully the view is good

BIC
10-08-09, 21:21
Hi Honesty,

I believed all the units in Versilia are all N-S facing looking at the orientation of the buidling.

Hence the bedrooms would be facing east-west.

At least the living room and dinning room will be cool all day!!;)

Cheers.

xebay11
10-08-09, 22:48
Hi Honesty,

I believed all the units in Versilia are all N-S facing looking at the orientation of the buidling.

Hence the bedrooms would be facing east-west.

At least the living room and dinning room will be cool all day!!;)

Cheers.

Afternoon Sun is coming in from North West now, so can still be blazing hot.

BIC
11-08-09, 08:04
Hi Xebay11,

Welcome to the thread and thank you for your thoughts.

Looks like the sun will be posing a problem judging from what you and Honesty have mentioned.:scared-5:

Air-con bill will go up then!!:2cents:

Cheers.;)

mezo
11-08-09, 13:00
Hi Xebay11,

Looks like the sun will be posing a problem judging from what you and Honesty have mentioned.:scared-5:

Cheers.;)

3BR owner too at 03 stack.

Intend to install solar film to reduce the heat (>80% type). In addition, hoping for it to be windy as there is through flow from North to South and it is unblocked (hopefully the low terrace houses at South dont get enbloc-ed). Main reasons that sway my decision to buy it despite the west facing bedrooms.

District 84483535
11-08-09, 13:12
opps .. testing

BIC
11-08-09, 19:38
Hi Mezo,

Not been hearing from you for a while. Welcome back. Am not aware that you are also an owner back then.:spliff:

Glad to know that there are now more owners coming onto this thread.

The solar film seems to be a good idea. Thought that only cars apply solar film. Anything goes to reduce the heat into the bedroom.;)

Agree with you about the wind coming through.

Cheers.

Winstan
11-08-09, 19:47
Any of you notice whether there are concrete awnings included on top of the bay windows ? :confused: This can help to block some of the afternoon sun from the windows.

Noticed that the adjacent condo ( eg Butterworth 8 ), has concrete awning (~ 400mm width ) designed above all the east/west facing windows.

Me also hope to get unblocked view of the south, all the way to Parkway and One Amber :)

xebay11
11-08-09, 20:36
Hi Xebay11,

Cheers.;)

I think the worst development is Trumps, West facing units, the facade almost all glass, a/c also won't help, my ID has friend stay there, say that window fittings crack due to heat on outside and cold a/c on inside, expansion and contraction problems.

mezo
11-08-09, 21:39
Hi Mezo,

Not been hearing from you for a while. Welcome back. Am not aware that you are also an owner back then.:spliff:

Glad to know that there are now more owners coming onto this thread.

The solar film seems to be a good idea. Thought that only cars apply solar film. Anything goes to reduce the heat into the bedroom.;)

Agree with you about the wind coming through.

Cheers.
Thks for the welcome. Guess i wasnt that specific in mentioning that i am a owner too.

Do a search on solar film and you can see many companies in Singapore offering installation for residential buildings. Rejection of 80% heat can be achieved. Its a must to consider installing this since we have west facing bedroom. Think it should not cost more than $3K for the entire house.

HoiHup also replied my email that it will TOP by mid 2010.

alxyan
11-08-09, 23:21
I am also from 03 stack - lower flow, looks like only the Master BR gets the afternoon sun.

An archi fren mentioned that installing the film will reduce the heat but the down side is view from inside will look darker / different visual effect.

My current apartment has partial afternoon sun and but no one is complaining.

I also observe that The Sea View - all the stacks facing Rose Garden have afternoon sun, wonder how bad it is for them.

Best is to assess when Versilia TOP, hopefully not too bad.

BIC
11-08-09, 23:43
Hi Mezo and Alxyan,

I am from Stack 05. Guess we will be bumping into each other often using the same lifts. Cool. ;)

Cheers.

alxyan
11-08-09, 23:47
I have 2 frens who bot Versilia too, maybe one of them is u. LOL.

xebay11
12-08-09, 10:52
I am also from 03 stack - lower flow, looks like only the Master BR gets the afternoon sun.

An archi fren mentioned that installing the film will reduce the heat but the down side is view from inside will look darker / different visual effect.

My current apartment has partial afternoon sun and but no one is complaining.

I also observe that The Sea View - all the stacks facing Rose Garden have afternoon sun, wonder how bad it is for them.

Best is to assess when Versilia TOP, hopefully not too bad.

Why not use reflective mirror type window film? Theoretically the reflective material reflect light and heat.

BIC
12-08-09, 22:32
Hi,

The list of owners in this thread so far :

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico
5. Winstan

Looks like the pm sun could be an issue but I agree with Mezo to wait till TOP and decide the best solution. :cool:

What about other aspect about the project? eg. Carpark, Swimming pool, children playground, etc

alxyan
12-08-09, 23:02
How abt adding a tennis court? Can we convert some of the ground level car park lots to a tennis court, or build one over them?

centrico
13-08-09, 00:22
Dont think it is possible to build a tennis court
The area is too small for one
Prefer to do without though -- less noisy:)

Winstan
13-08-09, 01:23
Mine is stack 06.

Any clue on the finishing for common areas such as lift lobby, stairways, etc ? Did not check with the agent during viewing.:doh:

Any idea on the percentage of units sold before 2009 ? Did not see many transactions in 2009 ( URA data ), but understand that all units have been sold.

mezo
13-08-09, 06:54
Mine is stack 06.

Any clue on the finishing for common areas such as lift lobby, stairways, etc ? Did not check with the agent during viewing.:doh:

Any idea on the percentage of units sold before 2009 ? Did not see many transactions in 2009 ( URA data ), but understand that all units have been sold.

The finishing is indicated in the brouchure.
Lift lobby - Tiles
corridors and staircase - Cement and paint

U can check out the past transaction data using streetsine. Its better than URA and it even shows which unit bought at what psf.
Click "Transaction Data"
http://www.streetsine.com/main.html#postalcode-438639-CND

Basically, those who bought during the first launch had bought it at a very high price in mid 08. Easily >1000psf at least.

BIC
13-08-09, 11:46
Yup a tennis court would have been perfect to complete the facilities in this project. But space too small and bought this project knowing I can do without.

As for the carpark, I am aware that there will be 128 lots including one handicap lot. About 30 lots are outdoor and rest are indoor. Not sure whether a car washing bay is planned for.

Are the carpark lots sufficient? Hope not all residents owns a car, especially its within walking distance to the MRT. One of the reason why I bought my unit. ;)

One good news for those not driving, there is a drop off bay for both blocks if you are taking taxi back home etc, important if its raining.

Cheers.

BIC
13-08-09, 12:55
Hi,

Just an update :

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico
5. Winstan (stack 06) ;)

Cheers.

alxyan
13-08-09, 21:37
The first launch was in 07 2007 not 2008! Some of the prices transacted were more than $1200psf.

Interestingly, no subsale/resale of this project has appeared yet? How to price the unit given such a big range from 1st launch to recent txns?

mezo
14-08-09, 09:00
The first launch was in 07 2007 not 2008! Some of the prices transacted were more than $1200psf.

Interestingly, no subsale/resale of this project has appeared yet? How to price the unit given such a big range from 1st launch to recent txns?

Thats interesting. From a peak of $1200psf in 2007 to $~850 psf in 2009....thats a discount of about 29% for those who bought recently.

I dont see any ads for Versilia in the papers, likely to indicate buyers are intending to stay and not speculators in other 'hot' projects....

Well, if the price is right, there will always be sellers in any project. as all projects, subsale likely to occur when it nears TOP.

sleek
14-08-09, 09:28
Thats interesting. From a peak of $1200psf in 2007 to $~850 psf in 2009....thats a discount of about 29% for those who bought recently.

I dont see any ads for Versilia in the papers, likely to indicate buyers are intending to stay and not speculators in other 'hot' projects....

Well, if the price is right, there will always be sellers in any project. as all projects, subsale likely to occur when it nears TOP.

Looks like the majority who bought at the peak had no choice but to hold right? :rolleyes:

BIC
14-08-09, 17:39
Hi,

Versilia, just like the rest of the projects in Ipoh Lane or Butterworth lane, are hidden gems.

The developement of the Paya Lebar area with more office spaces and completion of the Circle line interchange at Paya Lebar MRT will drive attention to this area in due course.

Its a matter of time the peak price will return.:D

Cheers.

Geylang OKT
15-08-09, 08:39
Excellent! Boom times are here again :D :D :D

sleek
15-08-09, 11:00
Hi,

Versilia, just like the rest of the projects in Ipoh Lane or Butterworth lane, are hidden gems.

The developement of the Paya Lebar area with more office spaces and completion of the Circle line interchange at Paya Lebar MRT will drive attention to this area in due course.

Its a matter of time the peak price will return.:D

Cheers.

Only if it peaks above $1.2K psf, otherwise only those who bought at the lower price psf benefits right? ;)

BIC
16-08-09, 08:39
Any price moving in that direction will make everyone happy.:)

In anycase, sleek and Geylang OKT, welcome to the thread!! :spliff:

Looking forward to your thoughts on this project.

Cheers.

mezo
19-08-09, 09:25
Owners,
did all of you take the IAS with OCBC? The new home loan rates in today's ST is really attractive but we are now locked in with OCBC. Hopefully OCBC will offer some good packages along the way.

Understand that we have a chance to change the loan package when it TOP. 1 month window if i recall correctly.

Your views, guys....

sleek
19-08-09, 09:33
Hey BIC! Thanks for the welcome! :cheers1:

Tanjong Katong is a nice area with lots of good food & amenities nearby. Bring back memories too as used to attend workshop at TK Tech Sec there. :D

Anyway, I'm still a newbie in private property, but had been on the sideline for many years. And only recently decide to take the plunge, so hopefully, its not too deep and can still get out. ;)

alxyan
19-08-09, 16:58
Incidentally, I'm also a TK alumnus.

OCBC allows one repackaging on TOP for free. The concern for earlier buyers of Versilia is at what valuation. Hopefully they honour the same valuation as at the point of purchase.

BIC
19-08-09, 19:52
Hi,

I did not take the OCBC IAS. The lock-in period till TOP was not favourable for me. :tsk-tsk:

Took a progressive payment loan from other banks instead.

BIC
19-08-09, 19:55
Hi Sleek,

Glad to hear you have taken the plunge into property market.

Let me guess....8 @ Woodleigh?? ;)

Cheers.

sleek
19-08-09, 21:30
Hi BIC! That obvious huh? :p

Hi alyyan! Btw, I'm not a TK alumnus, just happened to attend technical workshop at TKTSS. ;)

:cheers1:

mezo
20-08-09, 09:42
Hi,

I did not take the OCBC IAS. The lock-in period till TOP was not favourable for me. :tsk-tsk:

Took a progressive payment loan from other banks instead.

I was considering progressive payment too when i bought my unit. I was hoping to get a further discount if i use progressive payment but it was rejected. In the end, i chose IAS. This would have saved several thousands of dollars in interest payment alone til the project TOP.

Furthermore, OCBC offered a free switch to any existing package when it TOP.

BIC
20-08-09, 15:19
Dear Owners,

Can't wait to shift into the project.......:cool:

What are your plans on renovation etc? Any good recommendation for IDs. A friend of mine recommended Unimax.

Cheers.

mezo
21-08-09, 10:04
Dear Owners,

Can't wait to shift into the project.......:cool:

What are your plans on renovation etc? Any good recommendation for IDs. A friend of mine recommended Unimax.

Cheers.

Try here.
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?

Lots of info and might give you some ideas.

BIC
23-08-09, 16:05
Hi,

In the recent National Day Rally speach by our Prime Minister, he mentioned that 2 campuses will be built to provide continuing education and training to the workforce. One of which will be in the new Paya Lebar Central hub, next to Singpost.

Who knows, we may need it one day and guess what, its right at our doorstep...:spliff:

Extract of an article for your reference.

Two National CET Campuses to Boost Workforce Development

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) will develop two Continuing Education and Training (CET) campuses that will serve as the key focal points for skills upgrading. This major initiative underscores Singapore's continuing commitment to CET and its increasing importance in enhancing economic competitiveness as well as workers' employability beyond the recession.

2. The CET campuses will serve as:

(i) A Gateway for all workers, from rank-and-file to professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs), to discover career opportunities, and access relevant training that will help them stay employable and progress in their careers;

(ii) A Hub of high quality CET providers, clustered under one roof, leveraging on each other and linked up with the wider network of providers around the island;

(iii) An Employment Exchange for employers to meet their manpower needs and for workers to seek out good job opportunities;

(iv) A One-Stop Centre integrating career coaching, training, assessment, and career services.

Enhancing CET Accessibility
3. To be ready by 2013, the campuses will be located at Paya Lebar Central in the East and Jurong Lake District in the West, both of which will be major regional hubs1. They will be easily accessible to all Singaporeans via the excellent public transport networks that serve these areas. Together, the campuses are expected to cater to about 150,000 training places annually.

Integrated Services
4. The campuses will bring together facilities such as career centres, skills assessment facilities, best-in-class CET centres, facilities for recruitment and career workshops, and facilities for CET research and development of new CET programmes. Both campuses will offer generic courses in employability and portable skills such as service excellence. Each campus will also adopt sector themes and training providers will be clustered along these themes for greater effectiveness. For example, hospitality-related courses, such as tourism, hotel, food & beverage and retail, can be located at the same campus. Training related to social services such as healthcare, childcare, youth and student care and senior services can likewise be clustered together.

BIC
26-08-09, 22:30
Dear Owners,

Just got a call from my agent that the developer would like to do some alteration to the masterbedroom toilet door.

He was not able to shared with me to much details about it.

Have you received similar calls on the above? :confused:

Regards.

centrico
26-08-09, 23:19
what do they propose to do to the door?
Didnt hear anything from agent or developer

mezo
27-08-09, 09:44
Did not hear anything. Maybe its different stack? Or my agent has not been working.....

Anyway, do keep all of us updated if u have more info.

BIC
27-08-09, 21:15
Dear Owners,

Gotten more details on toilet door thingy.

It affects those with C1 & C2 layout, ie the 3 bedrooms. Mine will be affected.

Apparently, they are proposing a 2-panel folding door for the masterbedroom toilet door.

What your impression of the current design?

Regards.

alxyan
27-08-09, 21:42
Wat's the original design? Sliding doors?

Also, come to think of it, the construction is real slow. After so long they still on 19th floor. Looks like TOP will be next year. Next door at Imperial Heights, construction is really fast - they were still flat when Versilia was half way through and now they almost reach the top!

mezo
27-08-09, 21:51
Dear Owners,

Gotten more details on toilet door thingy.

It affects those with C1 & C2 layout, ie the 3 bedrooms. Mine will be affected.

Apparently, they are proposing a 2-panel folding door for the masterbedroom toilet door.

What your impression of the current design?

Regards.

C1 and C2 are units from stack 01, 06, 05 & 09
From the brochure that i still keep, the floorplan indicate sliding door, and not 2 panel folding door.

zimmer
27-08-09, 23:50
not an owner, but keen on threads re: joo chiat area. Are developers allowed to do that? Sliding door like somehow more upmarket leh? Folding reminds me of the plastic kind.

BIC
28-08-09, 06:58
Hi Zimmer,

Welcome to the thread and appreciate your comments and contribution.

Yup, agree with you. Folding door a bit not-upmarket. :doh:

I will stick to my stand and see what the developer say.

Cheers.

Winstan
28-08-09, 16:07
I've received the letter from my agent, which indicated that " .. note the changes to the Master Bathroom currently as shown in the showflat ( which differ from the brochure plans):-
1. 2-panels powder coated aluminium framed glass door
2. extension of Master Bath wall next to water closet "

Apparently, the letter with an amended plan, was for notify the buyers of the amendment to the brochure plan which had indicated a 3-panels sliding toilet door.
The actual toilet door will be a 2-panels sliding door which was as shown at the showflat.

BIC
28-08-09, 20:35
Hi Winstan,

I have spoken to developer today.

From their view, its an improvement to the toilet entrance. It will still be a sliding door and not a folding door. That was my original concern.

Its a non-issue and as what you have mentioned, its just to update the owners on the difference on the actuals and the brochure. Phew!!!:D

Cheers.

zimmer
28-08-09, 22:48
good on u guys. Some developers even big ones are apparently 'famous' for giving poor quality fittings.

alxyan
29-08-09, 15:57
nowadays, finishing is very standard. all the showflats or showsuites look alike for each era.

architecture and facilities also quite standard.

so it boils down to location, location, location. :p

mezo
31-08-09, 10:17
Some good news for all. The circle line for Paya Lebar MRT will open by mid 2010. Hopefully the massive digging, construction and road diversion around the MRT will stop.

Straits Times article :
ANOTHER 11 MRT stations on the new Circle Line will open in the first half of next year, cutting the travel time for commuters between the east and the north as well as north-east parts of the island.
The timeframe was announced on Sunday by Transport Minister Raymond Lim. These stations, which stretch from Dhoby Ghaut to Bartley via Paya Lebar, will spare MRT commuters the extra journey they now must make through the city centre before reaching their destination.
Also, these stops will bring the MRT for the first time to residents in estates such as Mountbatten and MacPherson.
Their opening adds to the five already in operation and marks the completion of 16 of the 29 stations on the Circle Line.
It will ease crowding on existing lines and encourage more people to take public transport, an outcome that is in line with a government masterplan to reduce travelling times and avoid road congestion.
In making the announcement, Mr Lim said the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will give the actual date closer to the opening of the stations.
Meanwhile, tests are being done 'to ensure the system is reliable and safe before they open it to the public', he added.
Mr Lim was speaking at a dialogue with about 500 Bukit Panjang residents after a ministerial visit to the single-seat ward helmed by Dr Teo Ho Pin.
Commuters like bank officer Kenny Ng, 27, who lives near Lorong Chuan station, welcomed the improved connectivity, saying 'going down to town will be much easier and faster'.
By June, a train journey from Bishan to Paya Lebar, for instance, will take 17min instead of the 33min to 35min now. This is because the journey will bypass the city centre and not require a transfer.

BIC
31-08-09, 14:22
Hi Mezo,

This is indeed good news!!!:)

For those driving using PIE and exiting via Paya Lebar, reaching home will be much smoother.

For those taking MRT, going to Orchard road will be much faster.

This will dove-tail nicely to the TOP of our project.

I see the value of our property moving up another $50psf, conservatively???:spliff:

Cheers.

centrico
31-08-09, 23:31
has anyone tried walking from versilia to paya lebar MRT station?
how long does it take?

xebay11
31-08-09, 23:57
has anyone tried walking from versilia to paya lebar MRT station?
how long does it take?

I thought Tanjong Katong Station nearer? BTW where is the TK station?

BIC
01-09-09, 06:53
Hi Centrico,

Yes I have. It takes about 10min of brisk walk from Paya Lebar MRT to Versilia. Tried this out just before I bought my unit.

The good thing is that there are many things to see along the way, so the walk back seems shorter.:ashamed1:

Don't think there will be any Tg Katong MRT nearby. The other nearby MRT will be Darkota, which is much further away.

Cheers.

xebay11
01-09-09, 09:15
Don't think there will be any Tg Katong MRT nearby. The other nearby MRT will be Darkota, which is much further away.

Cheers.

I thought I read there is a Tg Katong MRT some where, u/c some more.

centrico
01-09-09, 10:47
Thanks BIC for the info
Dont think its a good idea to walk to MRT to work in morning
Will be soaking in sweat:(
There 's no TK station for the circle line.
Maybe there is one for future Marine parade line which will be in 2020

Autonomy
01-09-09, 14:39
Thanks BIC for the info
Dont think its a good idea to walk to MRT to work in morning
Will be soaking in sweat:(
There 's no TK station for the circle line.
Maybe there is one for future Marine parade line which will be in 2020

Actually, from the "unofficial" plan that has been circulating, there is a TK station in the eastern region line. But that has not been confirmed by LTA. For TK, lorong g and h nearer to the park connector is within walking distance to Kembangan mrt.

xebay11
01-09-09, 14:46
Actually, from the "unofficial" plan that has been circulating, there is a TK station in the eastern region line. But that has not been confirmed by LTA. For TK, lorong g and h nearer to the park connector is within walking distance to Kembangan mrt.

TK meaning Tanjong Katong station, not Telok Kurau.

Autonomy
01-09-09, 15:06
TK meaning Tanjong Katong station, not Telok Kurau.

Sorry... wrong interpretation haha...

xebay11
01-09-09, 15:13
Sorry... wrong interpretation haha...

No worries anyway your post helped to confirm that there is basically no Tanjong Katong MRT station yet.

alxyan
01-09-09, 23:58
From what I recall, there was supposed to be TK (Tanjong Katong) Station in the Circle Line. But halfway the planning and construction, they renamed it Dakota. Not sure whether reason being they decided to site it nearer the Dakota Cresc flats. But Dakota Station is really so near Stadium MRT, they should have really sited it nearer Tg Katong road and call in TK Station.

condobuyer101
02-09-09, 11:43
I drive past Dakota station on regular basis, it is nearer to Dakota crescent area than to Tg Katong. There is another station, Mountbatten station which is near Old Airport Road market before the Stadium Staion.

From what I recall, there was supposed to be TK (Tanjong Katong) Station in the Circle Line. But halfway the planning and construction, they renamed it Dakota. Not sure whether reason being they decided to site it nearer the Dakota Cresc flats. But Dakota Station is really so near Stadium MRT, they should have really sited it nearer Tg Katong road and call in TK Station.

BIC
02-09-09, 13:48
Hi Condobuyer101 & Autonomy,

Welcome to the thread and thank you for your contribution.

I can understand why pple are confused about the Tg Katong MRT station. In some condo advert, eg. Ritz Regency and Imperial Heights, they have indicated a Tg Katong MRT.

However, there is no such station in the near future. Paya Lebar should still be the nearest.

Cheers.

wqmai
02-09-09, 20:22
Hi Condobuyer101 & Autonomy,

Welcome to the thread and thank you for your contribution.

I can understand why pple are confused about the Tg Katong MRT station. In some condo advert, eg. Ritz Regency and Imperial Heights, they have indicated a Tg Katong MRT.

However, there is no such station in the near future. Paya Lebar should still be the nearest.

Cheers.

I also quite puzzled about this Tanjong Katong MRT. From what I know, no such MRT. From Paya Lebar MRT, the next one should be Dakota (near Dakota crescent) already before reaching the one at Mountbatten and then comes another at the stadium. However, at Paya Lebar site, whether they will dug an underpass which link the paya Lebar MRT to somewhere nearer to Butterworth lane and Ipoh lane, I got no idea. Maybe it could happened.

den04
02-09-09, 21:03
I had considered this development before last year, but the high pricing last year and many external factors turned me off...

Have u tried going to the development on Sunday? City Plaza and nearby areas are like a min lucky plaza... full of maids and foreign workers and they are camping on every single open spot they can find...

Another turnoff was the newspaper reports last year of red light district "happenings" at the HDB blocks just opposite the development due to its proximity to geylang.

No doubt there are many positives, mainly being city fringe, but the above two neg factors outweight them for me...

Just my view.

xebay11
02-09-09, 21:14
Balestiar also just as bad, I remember going there looking for lights and saw many chickens around.

wqmai
02-09-09, 22:11
Balestiar also just as bad, I remember going there looking for lights and saw many chickens around.

But I like both area, not because of chicken. But because location not bad and got many places to eat.:D

xebay11
02-09-09, 22:14
But I like both area, not because of chicken. But because location not bad and got many places to eat.:D

Both areas are good if you can accept the surroundings :)

alxyan
03-09-09, 00:13
One of the plus points is the potential from the development of Paya Lebar Central. Hopefully sooner rather than later, Tg Katong Complex, Lion City Hotel and City Plaza will go.

Also the new apartments around e.g. Ritz Regency, Imperial Heights, and Worthington, all will be completed around the same time - after which the area looks unlikely to have new developments over the next few years since all the blocks are so new. Whereas in some developments e.g. The Sea View, residents have to put up with the dust and noise from the new Rose Garden development for the next 3 years from the back, and the pollution and noise of the SilverSea development from the front.

BIC
03-09-09, 09:01
I also quite puzzled about this Tanjong Katong MRT. From what I know, no such MRT. From Paya Lebar MRT, the next one should be Dakota (near Dakota crescent) already before reaching the one at Mountbatten and then comes another at the stadium. However, at Paya Lebar site, whether they will dug an underpass which link the paya Lebar MRT to somewhere nearer to Butterworth lane and Ipoh lane, I got no idea. Maybe it could happened.

Hi wqmail,

Welcome to the thread. :)

Wow, it would be great if there is such an underpass. Even from Lion City Hotel etc would be good.

Cheers.

BIC
03-09-09, 09:08
I had considered this development before last year, but the high pricing last year and many external factors turned me off...

Have u tried going to the development on Sunday? City Plaza and nearby areas are like a min lucky plaza... full of maids and foreign workers and they are camping on every single open spot they can find...

Another turnoff was the newspaper reports last year of red light district "happenings" at the HDB blocks just opposite the development due to its proximity to geylang.

No doubt there are many positives, mainly being city fringe, but the above two neg factors outweight them for me...

Just my view.

Hi den04,

Welcome to the thread and thank you for your comments.:)

I believed this is a case of being near enough but also far enough. This is what makes the area so interesting. :spliff:

If one is staying in a HDB nearby, the fear of security etc would be a concern. However, we will be residing in the comfort of a protected surrounding.:D

The stretch of Ipoh lane and Butterworth lane will be transformed when all the new condo developements have completed. Will be quite a sight.

Cheers.

mezo
03-09-09, 10:20

Just my view.

Agree with your comments on City Plaza. I had made a recce of the place on a sunday and was not too pleased. Hopefully, this would change with the "makeover" that may or may not come, and at least, it is restricted to the mall and did not spill into the butterworth condo area.

Last year price (2008) was high. I didnt buy it then too as i thought it wasnt sensible. If u had bought it this year, it would have been a almost 30% discount from 07/08 price.

mezo
03-09-09, 10:24
One of the plus points is the potential from the development of Paya Lebar Central. Hopefully sooner rather than later, Tg Katong Complex, Lion City Hotel and City Plaza will go.

Also the new apartments around e.g. Ritz Regency, Imperial Heights, and Worthington, all will be completed around the same time - after which the area looks unlikely to have new developments over the next few years since all the blocks are so new. Whereas in some developments e.g. The Sea View, residents have to put up with the dust and noise from the new Rose Garden development for the next 3 years from the back, and the pollution and noise of the SilverSea development from the front.

Agree. Think Versilia would be the last in the area to be completed. Cross finger that the small stretch of terrace house remaining dont get enbloc....

Traffic is gonna get crowded and hope it dont become a daily headache...

Chan F M
03-09-09, 12:58
OMG! A small unit at Imperial Heights was sold at $1,150 psf.

BIC
03-09-09, 14:04
OMG! A small unit at Imperial Heights was sold at $1,150 psf.

Hi Chan FM,

Welcome to this thread and thank you for the GREAT news!!:spliff:

Then the psf for Versilia should be thereabout or higher!!! The good old days are back and lets see whether there will be sub-sale units advert for Versilia soon.:p

Those bought recently can see rolling good times ahead and those bought earlier in 07/08 can also see light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers to all.

Chan F M
03-09-09, 14:54
Hi Chan FM,

Then the psf for Versilia should be thereabout or higher!!! The good old days are back and lets see whether there will be sub-sale units advert for Versilia soon.:p

Cheers to all.

$1,300 psf?

BIC
03-09-09, 15:24
$1,300 psf?

Hi Chan F M,

I nearly fell off my chair!!! :scared-4:

That's a good one. ;)

Cheers.

Chan F M
03-09-09, 17:05
Hi Chan F M,

I nearly fell off my chair!!! :scared-4:

That's a good one. ;)

Cheers.

What is life without hope...? :)

mezo
03-09-09, 22:04
$1,300 psf?

If its $1300psf, I will sell my unit now....hehehe....

den04
03-09-09, 22:05
Agree with your comments on City Plaza. I had made a recce of the place on a sunday and was not too pleased. Hopefully, this would change with the "makeover" that may or may not come, and at least, it is restricted to the mall and did not spill into the butterworth condo area.

Last year price (2008) was high. I didnt buy it then too as i thought it wasnt sensible. If u had bought it this year, it would have been a almost 30% discount from 07/08 price.

Agree with ur comment on the pricing... I would also consider this development if the pricing is ard $800psf, definitely not above $1k psf. however, if the city plaza and red light district is removed, then its a different story.

The silly agent who served me last year told me..."the developer definitely won't lower the price" Seems like either the agent was lying or the developer had to eat their own words...

Anyways, for this area, besides geylang, butterworth area and dakota area is the best bet already. However dakota area is slightly further from geylang and nearer to the upcoming MRT.

centrico
03-09-09, 22:26
I don't understand why they need to build mountbatten and dakota so close to each other.
It would be nice if they move dakota to tanjong katong :)
As for the price, maybe somebody should test the market by posting a unit for sale in versilia hehe

mezo
03-09-09, 22:57
Agree with ur comment on the pricing... I would also consider this development if the pricing is ard $800psf, definitely not above $1k psf. however, if the city plaza and red light district is removed, then its a different story.

The silly agent who served me last year told me..."the developer definitely won't lower the price" Seems like either the agent was lying or the developer had to eat their own words...

Anyways, for this area, besides geylang, butterworth area and dakota area is the best bet already. However dakota area is slightly further from geylang and nearer to the upcoming MRT.

I have checked out Dakota Residence too. Both Versilia and Dakota was in my sights but finally i chose Versilia and not Dakota. Its freehold (Dakota 99yrs), link to main East West MRT line (Dakota nearer to Circle line), and cheaper compared (Dakota was nearly $1000psf and lower floor).

The new condo that will be built besides Dakota residence may be a good buy if the developer dont overpay for the land..its up for tendering now. Wait and see....

alxyan
03-09-09, 23:15
Agree. Think Versilia would be the last in the area to be completed. Cross finger that the small stretch of terrace house remaining dont get enbloc....

Traffic is gonna get crowded and hope it dont become a daily headache...

If I dont recall wrongly, according to the latest Masterplan, those landed properties will remain landed properties even if enbloc because of the designated plot ratio of those land parcels.

Also I dont think traffic will be bad - even if you add up all the units in Ritz Regency, Imperial Heights, Worthington and Versilia - it's not even 500 units.

Compared to One Amber alone it's alr more than 500 units. Add The Esta, The Sea View, the new Rose Garden, SilverSea - these are all huge projects -do your maths and omg.

jc
04-09-09, 01:06
If I dont recall wrongly, according to the latest Masterplan, those landed properties will remain landed properties even if enbloc because of the designated plot ratio of those land parcels.

Also I dont think traffic will be bad - even if you add up all the units in Ritz Regency, Imperial Heights, Worthington and Versilia - it's not even 500 units.

Compared to One Amber alone it's alr more than 500 units. Add The Esta, The Sea View, the new Rose Garden, SilverSea - these are all huge projects -do your maths and omg.

Then Novena River Valley & Ardmore area must be "bad" cos all around r high rise condos. But at least these areas including Amber area are not around HDBs...

U forgot to add the HDB household to the Butterworth area...

xebay11
04-09-09, 06:18
Then Novena River Valley & Ardmore area must be "bad" cos all around r high rise condos. But at least these areas including Amber area are not around HDBs...

Reminds me of the Class 95 advertisement......hear only the good things.....same with any property owner on a budget, they only see the good side of their purchase......only the truly rich can buy property with zero compromises.

BIC
04-09-09, 08:49

Hi jc,

Welcome to the thread and thank you for your feedback.

Leaving close to HDB also provide some advantages. It will come with amenities like coffee shops, clinics, wet market, convenience stalls etc etc, all at your door-step without the need to drive.

Projects in Amber road area are exclusive but for me, its the convenience to amenities thats important.;)

Sometimes looking out to the HDB flats from our windows will remind us how fortunate we are staying in a private estate!!:D

Cheers.

xebay11
04-09-09, 09:46
Hi jc,

Welcome to the thread and thank you for your feedback.

Leaving close to HDB also provide some advantages. It will come with amenities like coffee shops, clinics, wet market, convenience stalls etc etc, all at your door-step without the need to drive.

Projects in Amber road area are exclusive but for me, its the convenience to amenities thats important.;)

Sometimes looking out to the HDB flats from our windows will remind us how fortunate we are staying in a private estate!!:D

Cheers.

Amber Road has PP and Marine Parade, so amenities beats a couple of HDB blocks at Haig Road anyday.

kEN9170
04-09-09, 10:19
Hihi, it can be the other way round. Nowsaday, HDB dwellers are very cash rich. They may feel that why people want to pay 2 to 3 times more for a pte apt in the same location as theirs.

Btw, i used to have an apt just one street away from Haig Versilia. A nice place but peak hour traffic along Haig Road can be quite a challenge.

Hi jc,

Cheers.

mezo
04-09-09, 10:26
Reminds me of the Class 95 advertisement......hear only the good things.....same with any property owner on a budget, they only see the good side of their purchase......only the truly rich can buy property with zero compromises.

Totally agree. There are always some things that one has to compromise when we buy a home, unless you are fabulously rich. For any condo, there will be some points that others will not like. Like in Versilia, others disliked being next to the Haig Road HDB flats, city plaza, etc...the issue is can u compromise and live with the things that are not perfect, otherwise dont buy.

These are some things that i have considered and personally to me, Versilia is one of the most affordable freehold condo(<$850psf) at city fringe, near MRT main line (not circle line).

cheerful
04-09-09, 11:31
Have been hearing this for awhile. Actually wondering why there is such a thing about main or not main line ..... why is circle line not considered as main if it serves a purpose? Moreover, think every line will pass by a couple of major stations rt??

These are some things that i have considered and personally to me, Versilia is one of the most affordable freehold condo(<$850psf) at city fringe, near MRT main line (not circle line).

jc
05-09-09, 00:36
No offence to any owners here... I am not against any HDB dwellers as i used to stay in a 4rm flat in Bedok :) I just want to correct the flawed argument that just becos an area has the presence of lots of condo, it is crowded n undesirable. Then by that standard, Seletar looks like prime spot n Ardmore, Novena, Cairnhill, Amber, looks inferior.

Prime or not boils down to the the value of the land... Look at it in another way, if the area is undesirable, then i suppose less condo would be built as it is expected to have less demand.

I am not vested in this project. Personally i don't think it is less desirable being near City Plaza, like the way i see Orchard Towers doesn't seem to bring down the value of condos in the vicinity.

In short I guess the purchase px of this project $800+ psf likely reflect the fact of some of the minuses like close proximity to HDB, traffic at Haig Rd, etc.

jc
05-09-09, 00:39
Have been hearing this for awhile. Actually wondering why there is such a thing about main or not main line ..... why is circle line not considered as main if it serves a purpose? Moreover, think every line will pass by a couple of major stations rt??

Is it becos Circle & NE line does not reach the heart of the MRT interchange Raffles Place/ City Hall?

alxyan
05-09-09, 00:52
No offence to any owners here... I am not against any HDB dwellers as i used to stay in a 4rm flat in Bedok :) I just want to correct the flawed argument that just becos an area has the presence of lots of condo, it is crowded n undesirable. Then by that standard, Seletar looks like prime spot n Ardmore, Novena, Cairnhill, Amber, looks inferior.

Prime or not boils down to the the value of the land... Look at it in another way, if the area is undesirable, then i suppose less condo would be built as it is expected to have less demand.

I am not vested in this project. Personally i don't think it is less desirable being near City Plaza, like the way i see Orchard Towers doesn't seem to bring down the value of condos in the vicinity.

In short I guess the purchase px of this project $800+ psf likely reflect the fact of some of the minuses like close proximity to HDB, traffic at Haig Rd, etc.

When I mentioned Amber Road area has a no of large projects, hence more units, hence congestion may be a more probable problem, relative to Ipoh Lane or Butterworth Lane - the word "undesirable" nor similar meaning was not mentioned nor intended.

mezo
05-09-09, 06:55
Is it becos Circle & NE line does not reach the heart of the MRT interchange Raffles Place/ City Hall?

U are right. In my case, the "main" line is arbitrary defined as those that connect to the city area, which is the North South and East West line.

Personally I would prefer one on the main line compared to another station on the NE line (with all else being equal). Others may not agree as pointed out that all MRT stations are the same since they are connected.

This is a subjective point. U may or may not agree with my view but do note that there are people of this view when u consider buying a place near MRT.

BIC
05-09-09, 08:36

Hi jc,

No worries and thanks for your true comments.:cool:

As the owners in Versilia are aware, this place is a hidden gem. Like all things hidden, it will have to be slowly uncovered. ha ha ha.

Everyone knows about the value in Amber area already which is why the popularity, even in the sub-sale market.

We hope the same will happen in the Ipoh and Butterworth lane area.:D

If it happens, all the owners here will be happy, money-wise. If it doesn't, we went in eyes-open and will have to manage our own expectation!! :spliff:

Cheers.

BIC
05-09-09, 14:23
Dear Owners,

Was at the vicinity of Versilia earlier.

The showflat is no longer there and I guess the area will be replaced by the main-entrance to the project.

Ritz Regency nearby is almost completed and the construction of the 10-storey condo next to Versilia is taking shape.

Cheers.

alxyan
07-09-09, 23:18
Any one knows when the HDB upgrading will be completed?

Bignose88
09-09-09, 21:11
Bic, if you dont mind, you can take some pics to share too.

BIC
10-09-09, 08:40
Bic, if you dont mind, you can take some pics to share too.

Will remember to bring my camera the next time I'm there......;)

Nothing much to capture though at this moment.

Cheers.

centrico
27-09-09, 22:47
where is everybody?
why so quiet.
Drove pass imperial heights and it looks like the project is completing soon
Versilia is still all covered

BIC
28-09-09, 08:46
where is everybody?
why so quiet.
Drove pass imperial heights and it looks like the project is completing soon
Versilia is still all covered

Guess everyone has been busy of late.....:)

One good news is that the roads along Paya Lebar MRT has been straightened which makes the drive after exiting PIE much better.

Does anyone knows what would be the exterior colour of the buidling?

Cheers.

BIC
28-09-09, 17:23
Dear Owners,

For those who wants to know more about the future development of Paya Lebar Central area, you may want to pay URA Building at Maxwell Road a visit.

There is a mock-up and a detail plan of the developement. There are also master plans of the other areas in Singapore. For those into property investment, it is a must-see. ;)

Cheers.

centrico
28-09-09, 22:35
Thanks BIC for the info.
The exterior color of imperial heights is awful.
Hope versilia exterior colour have some class:)

alxyan
28-09-09, 23:28
Now that F1 is over, all eyes back to the property market?

I have seen the detailed maps at URA Centre before, drawing a st line point to point, Paya Lebar MRT is abt 600m away from Versilia.

I wonder most buyers at Versilia buy for their own stay or for renting out. Will be interesting to know if this place will attract the expats.

condobuyer101
29-09-09, 09:28
while the distance to paya lebar mrt is only 600m, the walk is not really a nice one.

if it's hot or rainy,walking is not a good idea. but the good thing is the bus stop at tg katong road have buses going there. And the bus stop is just 100m walk out from butterworth lane to tg katong road. still bearable. or can take taxi since it's not that far.

the area may 'boomz' if a lot of foreigners working at marina IR make the east their choice of residence. it's cheaper than esta/seaview area and nearer than the upper east coast/marine parade area.

Now that F1 is over, all eyes back to the property market?

I have seen the detailed maps at URA Centre before, drawing a st line point to point, Paya Lebar MRT is abt 600m away from Versilia.

I wonder most buyers at Versilia buy for their own stay or for renting out. Will be interesting to know if this place will attract the expats.

Chan F M
30-09-09, 23:03
An agent contacted me to ask if I wanted to buy Suites@Guillemard. Soft launch is very soon. 72 units. Near Paya Lebar MRT. She estimates that the studios is about $1,300 to $1,400 psf. Final pricing not confirmed. Units are extremely small. If true, it could set a new benchmark for this area. Anybody heard anything about this?

Reporter
30-09-09, 23:16
An agent contacted me to ask if I wanted to buy Suites@Guillemard. Soft launch is very soon. 72 units. Near Paya Lebar MRT. She estimates that the studios is about $1,300 to $1,400 psf. Final pricing not confirmed. Units are extremely small. If true, it could set a new benchmark for this area. Anybody heard anything about this?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=8312

mezo
30-09-09, 23:21
while the distance to paya lebar mrt is only 600m, the walk is not really a nice one.

if it's hot or rainy,walking is not a good idea. but the good thing is the bus stop at tg katong road have buses going there. And the bus stop is just 100m walk out from butterworth lane to tg katong road. still bearable. or can take taxi since it's not that far.

the area may 'boomz' if a lot of foreigners working at marina IR make the east their choice of residence. it's cheaper than esta/seaview area and nearer than the upper east coast/marine parade area.

Agree that the walk is not ideal....No shelter and need to cross main road to get to Paya Lebar MRT. Bus is preferred.

Buying for homestay but if property market does pickup, will sell....

alxyan
30-09-09, 23:41
Agree that the walk is not ideal....No shelter and need to cross main road to get to Paya Lebar MRT. Bus is preferred.

Buying for homestay but if property market does pickup, will sell....

If market picks up, sell high, buy high also. You will end up with a smaller place for the same price same location, ceteris paribus. Unless you are prepared to downgrade and pocket the change for retirement (?)

BIC
01-10-09, 06:19
What do you think would be the estimated psf for Versilia now? ;)

My friend who is staying on a high floor in Jade Towers along Dunman along was able to see the paint-work of Versilia and the type of window fittings. From the ground, its still all meshed-up so are are still not able to see.

If this is true, looks like 1Q10 TOP is a real possibility. :cool:

Chan F M
01-10-09, 09:35
What do you think would be the estimated psf for Versilia now? ;)

We can only compare with Imperial Heights data.

We know that a 452 sq ft Imp Hts studio was done at $1150 psf recently.

A few days ago, a friend had an offer for his 2 bedroom 581 sq ft Imp Hts unit at $1,070 psf. He turned that down.

We can only guess the market value of Versilia from that. :confused:

BIC
01-10-09, 11:23
We can only compare with Imperial Heights data.

We know that a 452 sq ft Imp Hts studio was done at $1150 psf recently.

A few days ago, a friend had an offer for his 2 bedroom 581 sq ft Imp Hts unit at $1,070 psf. He turned that down.

We can only guess the market value of Versilia from that. :confused:

In that case, what would be a good price that will make owners of Versilia wanting to sell their unit? 1,200psf, 1,300psf or above etc ;)

mezo
01-10-09, 11:42
If market picks up, sell high, buy high also. You will end up with a smaller place for the same price same location, ceteris paribus. Unless you are prepared to downgrade and pocket the change for retirement (?)

Well, personally for me, I dont mind continue to stay in HDB. My current HDB is fully paid up.
I bought Versilia as my primary consideration is to be near my child's school.

If i do sell Versilia at a good profit, i can use it to buy a nearby HDB for "free"

Chan F M
01-10-09, 12:33
In that case, what would be a good price that will make owners of Versilia wanting to sell their unit? 1,200psf, 1,300psf or above etc ;)

Most of us bought Versilia at about $900 psf? I can't recall and don't have my record with me. If so, $1,200 to $1,300 psf would be very decent. But I don't think the market will pay that sort of price yet. Whether the IRs next year will push it up to thiese sort of prices is anyone's guess.

alxyan
01-10-09, 18:42
Most of us bought Versilia at about $900 psf? I can't recall and don't have my record with me. If so, $1,200 to $1,300 psf would be very decent. But I don't think the market will pay that sort of price yet. Whether the IRs next year will push it up to thiese sort of prices is anyone's guess.

1/3 paid 1100 to 1200 or higher, the other 2/3 paid less.

I belong to the former 1/3 and definitely wont sell for just 1200 to 1300.

Sea View was launched at 700plus (I recall) and what's the price now. Similarly Belvedere was launched at 800plus (if my memory doesnt fail me) and what's the price now. During those times, people considered Sea View and Belvedere expensive and the projects took a while to sell out.

In a grand scheme of things, prices will move up over time sans market crashes. People are talking abt Marina IR - which benefit all condos in the area. But it's Paya Lebar Central development which will push the prices even higher for this area. It's difficult to visualise what Paya Lebar Central will be like in future. If only every one is that visionary, then we would have bought scores of Sea View and Belvedere during their launches and now sitting on a pile of cash.

Chan F M
01-10-09, 18:53
1/3 paid 1100 to 1200 or higher, the other 2/3 paid less.

I belong to the former 1/3 and definitely wont sell for just 1200 to 1300.

Really? I don't remember paying that much. Must check. I could be confused it with the unit of Imp Hts that I bought.

alxyan
01-10-09, 19:00
Really? I don't remember paying that much. Must check. I could be confused it with the unit of Imp Hts that I bought.

Too many investments on your side, tat's why it's confusing.

You can just tell me when you bot Versilia, I can tell you the price range you bot.

Chan F M
01-10-09, 19:08
Too many investments on your side, tat's why it's confusing.

You can just tell me when you bot Versilia, I can tell you the price range you bot.

Maybe I just want to remember the good stuff...:)

BIC
01-10-09, 20:33
Hi Chan F M,

Here is the list of owners in the thread (hope I have not left out any).

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico
5. Winstan (stack 06)

Which stack did you buy? ;)

Cheers.

BIC
12-10-09, 13:23
Hi,

Just checked with the developer again on the TOP.

It will still be 2Q 2010.

I would have hoped that it would be earlier, especially now that Ritz Regency and Imperial Heights have TOPed or going to TOP.

The buidling is still meshed up as of last weekend.:(

Cheers.

mezo
14-10-09, 21:17
Fellow owners,
how many of you are on the IAS with OCBC? I am.

I understand that we have another opportunity (FOC) to change the loan package within 3 months of TOP. What will you guys take up at that time? SIBOR-pegged or fixed rate? I read from some article that it is a very good time to take up a fixed loan package as the interest rates are low to lock in this low rates for the next couple of years.

What do you think?

centrico
14-10-09, 22:31
Were we given a choice either IAS or progressive payment when we purchased the property?
I dont remember given the options.

BIC
15-10-09, 17:13
Fellow owners,

I understand that we have another opportunity (FOC) to change the loan package within 3 months of TOP. What will you guys take up at that time? SIBOR-pegged or fixed rate? I read from some article that it is a very good time to take up a fixed loan package as the interest rates are low to lock in this low rates for the next couple of years.

What do you think?

Hi,

I decided to make progressive payment as there is a lock-in period of 12-mth before you can have the FOC change of the loan package. :ashamed1:

You may be right to lock-in at a low interest rates now.

Cheers.

BIC
02-11-09, 10:14
Hi,

Was at the site over the weekend. The buidling is still meshed-up.

It seems the progress of this development is rather slow. The 10-storey condo next to Versilia, ie Worthington, is almost completed as well.

I hoped that its a case of slow and steady for the better.

Guess what is the colour of Worthington, also yellow. The whole stretch of condos along Ipoh Lane and Butterworth Lane are all yellow. Think most likely Versilia will be that colour too!!!:scared-4:

If you do a search of Versilia on www.streetdirectory.com (http://www.streetdirectory.com), the TOP date is Sept 2010. :(

Regards.

Jazzer
03-11-09, 06:30
Fellow owners,

What do you think?

Hi mezo, I bought another project and was also on IAS with OCBC. Mine just TOP recently and i was indeed given an option to convert from fixed rate to either the Variable Rate Package or the SOR pegged Package. Contrary to what you read, I fine the fixed rate currently too high as compared to the Variable or SOR pegged.

BIC
13-11-09, 16:09
Dear Owners,

Was at the site couple of days ago.

Took some pics of the main entrance to Versilia. If you could compare with the brochure of the project, the pics shows the structure of the water feature and the Guardhouse of the main entrance.:)

I believed Versilia is the only project in the area that has a water feature at the main entrance. This would add a touch of class to the project.:cool: Always nice to come home to the sound of water ($$)!!

Enjoy!!

lgk24
15-11-09, 13:41
Have anyone try walking around the area?
Gosh! So many foreign workers........understand it will get worst if Lucky Plaza is enblock in future.....City Plaza area will be their next "house"......
Cannot imagine if my daughter have to walk home from the MRT or grow up in such environment....:doh:

BIC
16-11-09, 19:00
Wow, Versilia was mentioned in this article....on property trends.

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gif http://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/11Nov09/images/20091113.185413_nov1309_olderhomes_350.jpg http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifhttp://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gif
Mon, Nov 16, 2009

Older homes, better values http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifBy Aileen Lai
Just as we thought the local property market had tanked along with the global economy in late 2008, home values bounced back. Since the second quarter of 2009, snaking queues have formed outside the showrooms of condominium launches.
Developers, quick to respond, are pushing forward their launches to entice eager home-hunters to sign on the dotted line despite over-exuberant pricing. Homes in the heartlands are being snapped up at prices rarely seen outside of the prime 9, 10 and 11 districts. The new Centro Residences, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Ang Mo Kio by Far East Organization, sold quickly at prices starting at $1,150 psf.

“We have been seeing a bottom-up recovery in Singapore’s property market since February. Buying was initially driven by HDB upgraders who benefited from resilient HDB prices and price-cutting by developers. Subsequently, buying spilled over to the mid-end segment, with local and foreign investors returning to the market,” confirms Foo Sze Ming, investment analyst at OCBC Investment Research.

The upturn in the property market is being further fuelled by the improved economic sentiment, pent-up demand from buyers who held back their purchases last year, low interest rates, high consumer liquidity and possibly en-bloc sellers who cashed out in 2007.

While the market’s fast recovery is to be applauded, it has driven prices up too quickly, to what experts agree may be unsustainable levels. CB Richard Ellis’ analysis of caveats show that the price quantum of non-landed homes between the first and second quarters of this year was up 28 per cent. Between the second and third quarters, prices jumped 
11 per cent for apartments ranging from 400sqf to 700sqf, from $825,000 ($660 psf) 
to $916,000 ($769 psf).

“In the first quarter, most of the new freehold homes sold were shoebox-sized units in mid- to high-end projects like 
Alexis, Newton Edge, Parc Sophia, RV Suites and The Mercury at a median price of $1,000 psf to $1,200 psf. In the second quarter, a significant proportion were larger family-sized suburban projects like 
I Residences, The Arte and Versilia On Haig, which reflected a median price of $830 psf to $925 psf,” explains Joseph Tan, executive director (residential) of CB Richard Ellis.

The buying pattern shows an optimistic belief that the recession’s worst is over. The latest figures from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) indicate that 2,767 new private homes were sold in July, setting a monthly sales record and showing a jump of 52 per cent from June sales of 1,826 units.
Up to end-September, Sophia Residences sold 210 units at a median of $1,590 psf, 
Volari @ Balmoral sold 82 units at $2,059 psf 
and Viva sold 203 units at $1,537 psf. As developers push up prices, buyer resistance has set in. “There appears to a small upward trend. While the number of transactions declined, those that went through achieved slightly higher prices,” notes Chesterton Suntec International director (research consultancy) Colin Tan.
To dampen speculation, the government has barred deferred payment schemes and will be restarting land sales. These events have left home buyers confused and fearful of missing the boat if they don’t grab a unit soon.

BB
16-11-09, 20:29
Have anyone try walking around the area?
Gosh! So many foreign workers........understand it will get worst if Lucky Plaza is enblock in future.....City Plaza area will be their next "house"......
Cannot imagine if my daughter have to walk home from the MRT or grow up in such environment....:doh:

Around May 09, I went to view a unit at butterworth 8. The unit was quite good. In the end, did not buy because the surrounding was like JB or Batam filled with foreign workers. Try walking around that area on Sunday & you will know why.

centrico
16-11-09, 22:12
And what is wrong with having foreign workers in the neighbourhood?
They are the ones who keep your house clean and pick up your rubbish.
They are the ones who build your dream house but can't afford to leave in one.
Good to expose your children to these ppl so they wont grow up so narrow minded like the parents.
Get real! there will be more foreign workers in singapore in future if the country continues to progress

BIC
17-11-09, 05:45
Hi,

Even you go down to Orchard Road on weekends you will also find many foreign workers there. :)

Does that mean its not desirable to own a property there or not let your children go there?

In any case, the foreign workers are confine mainly to the City Plaza and Lion City area onwards. They will not overspill to the vicinity of butterworth or Ipoh Lane. With the re-development plans slated for the area surrounding Paya Lebar MRT, these foreign workers will again have to find other areas to hang-out during the weekends. Its anyones' guess then.

Cheers.

mezo
17-11-09, 08:34
After observing the situation onsite over a few occasion, i noted that the crowds are normally gathered at the shopping centres and that they dont spill into the butteworth and versilia neighborhood. It is quite peaceful actually. The major factor was the proximity to city centre and affordable pricing for a freehold that i finally bought one unit there. The nearby MRT was a cosideration though I dont think anyone of us will walk there as it wouldnt be pleasant to walk under the hot sun. Its only 2 bus stop away.

BIC
17-11-09, 09:58
Hi Mezo,

I have tried walking from the Paya Lebar MRT back to Versilia in the evening. It is quite a pleasent walk with lots of "sight"-seeing.:cool:

You can also pick up groceries, ta-bau dinner/supper etc etc along the way back.

Cheers.

alxyan
22-11-09, 00:54
There's a row of shops just behind Worthington along Haig Rd. It looks quite self contained - a chinese coffee shop, prata shop and, vegetarian shop. And also 3 clinics - a GP clinic, dental clinic and wat looks like a gynae clinic to me.

When fall sicked, dont have to drive out, just cross over to take MC.

mezo
22-11-09, 18:08
Recently transacted price for our next door neighbour, Imperial Heights.
It is ~1000-1200psf range now.

Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
16 Ipoh Lane #08-06
Freehold
$1194
$540k
23 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #09-01
Freehold
$1101
$640k
14 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #17-01
Freehold
$1101
$640k
13 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #13-01
Freehold
$1067
$620k
09 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #15-04
Freehold
$1197
$541k
07 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #07-01
Freehold
$989
$575k
01 Oct 09

BIC
23-11-09, 17:43
;)
There's a row of shops just behind Worthington along Haig Rd. It looks quite self contained - a chinese coffee shop, prata shop and, vegetarian shop. And also 3 clinics - a GP clinic, dental clinic and wat looks like a gynae clinic to me.

When fall sicked, dont have to drive out, just cross over to take MC.

Hi alxyan,

You are absolutely right and there is a back gate built for faster access to that part of the road.

Not forgetting the 2 petrol stations which provides 2 very important element, 24-hr service for simple items like bread, newspapers etc and also ATM machines.

Cheers.

BIC
23-11-09, 17:47
Recently transacted price for our next door neighbour, Imperial Heights.
It is ~1000-1200psf range now.

Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
16 Ipoh Lane #08-06
Freehold
$1194
$540k
23 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #09-01
Freehold
$1101
$640k
14 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #17-01
Freehold
$1101
$640k
13 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #13-01
Freehold
$1067
$620k
09 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #15-04
Freehold
$1197
$541k
07 Oct 09
16 Ipoh Lane #07-01
Freehold
$989
$575k
01 Oct 09

Seems like pple are beginning to see the real potential of the area, with or without the foreign workers in the area. The upside is just too great!! :)

Can't wait for 2010 to come.

cheers.

BIC
28-11-09, 19:25
Dear Owners,

Was at the vicinity yesterday and more pics to share on the front entrance.

Its seems that for drivers, you will have to do a u-turn at the gaurdhouse before entering the water gate. The turning seems narrow.

Your thoughts? :scared-4:

centrico
29-11-09, 17:39
They have started unveiling the top floors of blk 33 and its not yellow :)
I must say that worthington turn out quite nice compared to Rits and imperial, even though it has no view. At least the yellow paint is subtle and cheerful. Sheltered swimming pool. Lets hope versilia will stand out from the rest of the condos:)

BIC
29-11-09, 20:11
They have started unveiling the top floors of blk 33 and its not yellow :)
I must say that worthington turn out quite nice compared to Rits and imperial, even though it has no view. At least the yellow paint is subtle and cheerful. Sheltered swimming pool. Lets hope versilia will stand out from the rest of the condos:)

Wow, thats great to know. :)

Maybe in 2 weeks' time, we will be able to see the entire buidling without the mesh.

alxyan
01-12-09, 21:31
It's white in colour. Looks promising... perhaps the most classy on the strip.

orange
01-12-09, 21:37
how do you folks feel about living at an address named ipoh lane?? haha

orange
01-12-09, 21:40
gynae clinic???? you'll get all the hookers who ply their trade nearby going there to check up on their rotten diseased c.nts... not sure if that's a good thing!

xebay11
02-12-09, 07:04
This place must have a lot of cleaning to do around the area before it becomes a respectable address. It is an iffy property, I would buy into this area only if it cleans up, but then again the prices would rise if this place cleans up, so I guess you get what you pay.

If this place does not clean up it is no hidden gem.

BIC
02-12-09, 07:38

Hi Orange,

Welcome to this thread.

What is wrong with a road name called Ipoh Lane? Its not like Apple or Orange Lane or something. ;)

Cheers.

BIC
02-12-09, 07:49
This place must have a lot of cleaning to do around the area before it becomes a respectable address. It is an iffy property, I would buy into this area only if it cleans up, but then again the prices would rise if this place cleans up, so I guess you get what you pay.

If this place does not clean up it is no hidden gem.

Hi xebay11,

I would believe that for those who have bought this property, including myself, they do not see a need for clean-up at all in the vicinity. It is well shielded from Geylang or Joo Chiat areas. With this, the vicinity is already transacted over $1,000psf.

For those pple who still felt that there is a need a for cleanup and if it does happen, it would mean that the psf will rise even further as you correctly highlighted!!! :cool:

Gosh!! Definitely a hidden gem man. Thanks for giving this insight.

BIC
02-12-09, 19:08
Hi,

Took some pics during my visit to URA in maxwell road couple of months back

It showcase the development of Paya Lebar Central as a future hub. The slogan says "After work we can shop & dine together". Sounds good to me anytime!! :D

Cheers.

alxyan
03-12-09, 00:00

Ipoh Lane sounds completely neutral. Better than Sampan Lane. Even there, property prices also went up.

Ipoh Lane also sounds better than Jalan Tua Kong or something like tat.
Are you expecting Queen Victoria Lane or Stratford Upon Avon Lane?

BIC
07-12-09, 20:02
It's white in colour. Looks promising... perhaps the most classy on the strip.

Dear Owners,

After what alxyan and centrico highlighted, I went to the site again this evening to take some pics of the "unveiling". Apologies that its a bit dark.

From the pics, one could noticed that the bedroom windows are sliding windows. What are the pros and cons of sliding windows for bedrooms?:confused:

You could also noticed the size of the balcony. Believed can put one mahjong table comfortably.;)

Your thoughts, pls.

Cheers.

condobuyer101
07-12-09, 20:44
I'm not an owner, but just wonder if having a big balcony is good or bad cos' it 'eats' up into your 'liveable' space. Isn't balcony one way developer earn more money from buyers?

having said that, I also understand that it's also nice to have balcony as it gives a different kind of living experience.

Dear Owners,

After what alxyan and centrico highlighted, I went to the site again this evening to take some pics of the "unveiling". Apologies that its a bit dark.

From the pics, one could noticed that the bedroom windows are sliding windows. What are the pros and cons of sliding windows for bedrooms?:confused:

You could also noticed the size of the balcony. Believed can put one mahjong table comfortably.;)

Your thoughts, pls.

Cheers.

zimmer
08-12-09, 01:53
if you have a fairly decent view, i personally wouldn't mind a moderately sized balcony, enough to bbq, entertain a couple of friends. Having said that, don't like projects with more than 1 balcony or bay windows for every bedroom,

xebay11
08-12-09, 05:34
if you have a fairly decent view, i personally wouldn't mind a moderately sized balcony, enough to bbq, entertain a couple of friends. Having said that, don't like projects with more than 1 balcony or bay windows for every bedroom,

Not recommended you BBQ in balcony, smoke and oil would blow into your unit. Balconies are nice, most Singaporeans don't know how to appreciate them, look at HDBs almost 99% would build up the balcony into living space, even in my development, only the expats would buy tables and chairs and chill on the balcony, nothing is better than having a meal, reading a book or suntanning on the balcony overlooking the views, the more the better, waking up from your room and opening the door to the balcony is also a nice experience, it gives a sense of space.

BIC
08-12-09, 05:41
Not recommended you BBQ in balcony, smoke and oil would blow into your unit. Balconies are nice, most Singaporeans don't know how to appreciate them, look at HDBs almost 99% would build up the balcony into living space, even in my development, only the expats would buy tables and chairs and chill on the balcony, nothing is better than having a meal, reading a book or suntanning on the balcony overlooking the views, the more the better, waking up from your room and opening the door to the balcony is also a nice experience, it gives a sense of space.

You are absolutely right!!! :)

Looking forward already to chill out in the early morning or late in the evening at the balcony. Will discuss with my ID how best to decorate the balcony to achieve this.

Cheers.

xebay11
08-12-09, 07:29
You are absolutely right!!! :)

Looking forward already to chill out in the early morning or late in the evening at the balcony. Will discuss with my ID how best to decorate the balcony to achieve this.

Cheers.

Enjoy, very good layout of balcony and dividing wall, lots of privacy for individual units. Sliding windows are better as they do not slam shut when there is strong wind, as characterised by living in the East.

zimmer
08-12-09, 15:25
That strong the wind? I've never lived in the east before. Bic, mind if I ask which ID's have you scouted?

BIC
08-12-09, 22:23
That strong the wind? I've never lived in the east before. Bic, mind if I ask which ID's have you scouted?

Hi zimmer,

Welcome to this thread.

As the saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side. My currently place is mostly blocked and not very windy. Hence, I do not mind the strong wind. Can always adjust the window to allow the desired wind to flow into the house. Its much better than no wind at all.:)

I have been recommended an ID with Unimax Creative by a friend. Will be meeting him to discuss some ideas.

Besides, there is a furniture and design exhibition at Singapore Expo till 13 Dec. Do drop by to take a look.:D

Cheers.

mezo
10-12-09, 07:31
Hi BIC,
thks for the photos to update all of us.

For the balcony, i suggest using timber decking. It looks and feels great. U can check out some ideas below.
http://sg.88db.com/Home-Services/Flooring/ad-1047538/

Only thing is i am not sure if it will last after few years. Wood will crack under sun and rain.

BIC
10-12-09, 08:38
Hi BIC,
thks for the photos to update all of us.

For the balcony, i suggest using timber decking. It looks and feels great. U can check out some ideas below.
http://sg.88db.com/Home-Services/Flooring/ad-1047538/

Only thing is i am not sure if it will last after few years. Wood will crack under sun and rain.

Thanks Mezo,

Timber decking is classy but am also concerned about the sun and rain the balcony will be exposed to.

Will visit a few more showrooms to get more ideas. :D

Should be visiting the site again this weekend, and this time in the day so that the pics will be clearer. Hope they have stripped down all the mesh.

Cheers.

xebay11
10-12-09, 08:48
Thanks Mezo,

Timber decking is classy but am also concerned about the sun and rain the balcony will be exposed to.

Should be visiting the site again this weekend, and this time in the day so that the pics will be clearer. Hope they have stripped down all the mesh.

Cheers.

You may consider plastic timber or composite wood for decking as alternative to Chengai wood. I would not recommend decking if you have lots of plants though, as water will seep through the decking everytime you water the plants.

BIC
10-12-09, 21:55
You may consider plastic timber or composite wood for decking as alternative to Chengai wood. I would not recommend decking if you have lots of plants though, as water will seep through the decking everytime you water the plants.

Thanks for the recommendations. Will keep this in mind. ;)

Not likely to have plants in the balconcy.

Cheers.

BIC
11-12-09, 22:29
Dear Owners,

Finally got a chance to visit the site in bright daylight.

Would like to share some of the pics I took earlier.

Its confirm, the colour of both towers are "White"!! alxyan was right!!:p

They are also slowly unveiling the mesh of Blk 31, as shown in pic-2.

Noticed the windows in pic-3 that its pushed-out for one of the room.:confused:

Cheers.

alxyan
12-12-09, 00:23
Dear Owners,

Finally got a chance to visit the site in bright daylight.

Would like to share some of the pics I took earlier.

Its confirm, the colour of both towers are "White"!! alxyan was right!!:p

They are also slowly unveiling the mesh of Blk 31, as shown in pic-2.

Noticed the windows in pic-3 that its pushed-out for one of the room.:confused:

Cheers.

Given the status now, when do u think will TOP?

My bet is end March. Do you think I will be rite again?

BIC
12-12-09, 06:39
Given the status now, when do u think will TOP?

My bet is end March. Do you think I will be rite again?

I am no expert in predicting this but a March TOP is definitely music to my ears!! :cool:

What do the rest think? :spliff:

zimmer
12-12-09, 11:59
Thanks Mezo,

Cheers.

The place looks good guys. Congrats to the owners. Isn't chengai wood mean to withstand sun and rain? Ages well with the elements? Or is it prone to wood rot? My concern is importing termites if not treated properly.

BIC
12-12-09, 12:56
The place looks good guys. Congrats to the owners. Isn't chengai wood mean to withstand sun and rain? Ages well with the elements? Or is it prone to wood rot? My concern is importing termites if not treated properly.

Thanks zimmer. Lets see how the end product turns out.

Have you gone to the Singapore Expo furniture fair? Am heading down later in the afternoon.:D

Cheers.

xebay11
12-12-09, 21:33

Chengai wood can withstand sun and rain but the coating and varnish will fade and make it look ugly, so constant maintenance is required.

BIC
13-12-09, 06:40
Chengai wood can withstand sun and rain but the coating and varnish will fade and make it look ugly, so constant maintenance is required.

Was at the Singapore Expo furniture show yesterday and it seems that Chengai wood is still the best for balconies.

Spoke to a couple of IDs there, some of which has bunch of "Ah Bengs" as design consultants. No ways I'm gonna engage their services. :doh:

It seems tough to select an ID off the shelf and would have to rely on recommendations.

zimmer
14-12-09, 13:48
Was at the Singapore Expo furniture show yesterday and it seems that Chengai wood is still the best for balconies.

Spoke to a couple of IDs there, some of which has bunch of "Ah Bengs" as design consultants. No ways I'm gonna engage their services. :doh:

It seems tough to select an ID off the shelf and would have to rely on recommendations.

You can log onto renotalk.com. There's where I started my ID shortlisting. Initially tried IMM but there's so many of them and no real way to tell if they're end product is good after signing on. The downside is the really popular/reasonably priced ones can be very busy.

donchew76
15-12-09, 11:23

U could consider polydeck's composite wood. Slightly pricier than Chengai but will have more consistent quality and will not splint over time.

BIC
15-12-09, 12:44
You can log onto renotalk.com. There's where I started my ID shortlisting. Initially tried IMM but there's so many of them and no real way to tell if they're end product is good after signing on. The downside is the really popular/reasonably priced ones can be very busy.

Thanks zimmer.

I have kick-started the process with 2 IDs, one from a friend's recommendation, Unimax and the other from the Expo furniture fair, Ciseern.

If alxyan prediction comes true, ie TOP in March 2010, then time is running short!! :o

Cheers.

BIC
15-12-09, 12:46
U could consider polydeck's composite wood. Slightly pricier than Chengai but will have more consistent quality and will not splint over time.

Hi donchew76,

Welcome to the thread.

Thanks for the new recommendation. Will find out more about this ploydeck's composite wood.:)

Cheers.

BIC
27-12-09, 13:57
Dear Owners,

Posted 2 updated pics of the project.

Blk 33 is almost fully unveiled. Windows are being fitted to Blk 31.

I really really do not want to bet against axylan for a March 2010 TOP!! ;)

Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Cheers.

BIC
27-12-09, 14:04
Hi,

Met up with 2 ID companies and would like to seek your views on them, pending their detailed quote.

1. Unimax Creative (ID : Eugene)

- Gave an estimated quote of $18K
- Also shared that to estimate $1K for lights and $3K for curtains

2. Cissern (ID : Eric)

- Gave an estimated quote of $40K:doh:
- told to budget another $10K for lights and curtains

Both will be using wallpapers in the living and dinning room and along the corridoors.

1. Are wallpapers lasting as compared to paintwork?
2. Why are the estimated quotations so much different?:confused:

Cheers.

mezo
27-12-09, 20:03
Hi,

Met up with 2 ID companies and would like to seek your views on them, pending their detailed quote.

1. Unimax Creative (ID : Eugene)

- Gave an estimated quote of $18K
- Also shared that to estimate $1K for lights and $3K for curtains

2. Cissern (ID : Eric)

- Gave an estimated quote of $40K:doh:
- told to budget another $10K for lights and curtains

Both will be using wallpapers in the living and dinning room and along the corridoors.

1. Are wallpapers lasting as compared to paintwork?
2. Why are the estimated quotations so much different?:confused:

Cheers.

No experience with ID but 40K is too much, considering that the kitchen, toilet, flooring, cabinets are all done up. 40K budget can easily give a complete makeover. Maybe its a branded ID that you have approached.

alxyan
27-12-09, 23:19
Give a breakdown of the items so tat we can compare Lego with Lego!

BIC
28-12-09, 07:51
No experience with ID but 40K is too much, considering that the kitchen, toilet, flooring, cabinets are all done up. 40K budget can easily give a complete makeover. Maybe its a branded ID that you have approached.

I think so too. Will wait for the breakdown of the items to see what's what.

Cheers.

BIC
28-12-09, 07:53
Give a breakdown of the items so tat we can compare Lego with Lego!

Hi alxyan,

Sure, once I have recevied the breakdown of the items from the IDs.

Are you also hunting around for an ID too?

Cheers.

Laguna
29-12-09, 06:53
Hi alxyan,

Cheers.

one suggestion :
ID also give poor quality of wood, all units with ID work look alike. With the type of sum quoted, expected to have mirrors, downlight etc

Instead of spending money in ID, which always about 20% - 40% of the total cost, cld be better to invest in good taste, and good quality furniture.

This was what I did.

BIC
29-12-09, 10:39
one suggestion :
ID also give poor quality of wood, all units with ID work look alike. With the type of sum quoted, expected to have mirrors, downlight etc

Instead of spending money in ID, which always about 20% - 40% of the total cost, cld be better to invest in good taste, and good quality furniture.

This was what I did.

Hi Laguna,

Welcome to this forum and appreciate your comments. :)

Will keep my costs with the ID and work done to a minimal and focus on other aesthetics. Still early days to decide though. ;)

Cheers.

alxyan
03-01-10, 21:48
Hi alxyan,

Cheers.

Hi BIC,

Still not sure which is better:

spend time looking for an ID with good taste or spend time looking for tasteful furniture.

BIC
03-01-10, 22:02
Hi BIC,

Still not sure which is better:

spend time looking for an ID with good taste or spend time looking for tasteful furniture.

Ideally both if you have the time but it will cost a bomb.:D

Will go for a mid-tier ID and see what happens after that.

Cheers.

Bignose88
09-01-10, 08:43
Hi,

Anyone knows exactly when this development TOP?

mezo
09-01-10, 20:33
Hi,

Anyone knows exactly when this development TOP?

Developer mention mid 2010. We are hoping for it to be earlier.

BIC
10-01-10, 11:09
Developer mention mid 2010. We are hoping for it to be earlier.

Yup Mezo,

Its better sooner than later for most of us!!;)

Guess we will be kept busy over the next 6 months at least.

Already started my search for an ID, visit furniture showrooms etc etc. Try to bring in the fun in this. Its been almost 10 yrs since my last move.

Blk 31 is almost fully unveiled. I think this project will look awesome. Hope the interior and finishing dun disappoint.

Cheers.

Bignose88
16-01-10, 20:33
Hi,

I wonder if there are enough carpark lots for every unit for the residents and visitors for this development?

I know some development have lesser car park lots than units which poise a big problem.

BIC
16-01-10, 21:52
Hi,

I wonder if there are enough carpark lots for every unit for the residents and visitors for this development?

I know some development have lesser car park lots than units which poise a big problem.

Hi Bignose88,

Did not have a chance earlier to welcome you to this thread.

Are you also an owner of a unit in Versilia? If so, which stack?

There is a total of 127 carpark lots and 1 handicap lot in this project serving 128 units.

With close proximity to major public transports, do not think all the lots will be fully taken. If so, because every unit pays the maintenance fees, it is entitled to one carpark lot. ;)

Not sure whether Versilia has a good carpark ratio based on the number of units in this project.

Cheers.

Bignose88
17-01-10, 17:57
Hi,

There could be instances where people own more than 1 car per unit. Plus friends/visitors car, would have a major impact for resale later.

Do you know if they have visitors lots in addition to the 128 lots mentioned?

melodies
17-01-10, 19:58
Anybody know if there is regulation stating that every unit is entitled to 1 parking lot? What about those units which have been rented out and the tenant does not drive? Are the non-resident owners entitled to the 1 parking lot that their tenants do not use up?

Hi Bignose88,

Did not have a chance earlier to welcome you to this thread.

Are you also an owner of a unit in Versilia? If so, which stack?

There is a total of 127 carpark lots and 1 handicap lot in this project serving 128 units.

With close proximity to major public transports, do not think all the lots will be fully taken. If so, because every unit pays the maintenance fees, it is entitled to one carpark lot. ;)

Not sure whether Versilia has a good carpark ratio based on the number of units in this project.

Cheers.

BIC
18-01-10, 02:33
Hi,

There could be instances where people own more than 1 car per unit. Plus friends/visitors car, would have a major impact for resale later.

Do you know if they have visitors lots in addition to the 128 lots mentioned?

I believed its just the 128 lots. :cool:

mezo
18-01-10, 14:21
I believed its just the 128 lots. :cool:

Yeap, no visitor lots. 1 lot for each unit, no extra. Have asked this before buying. Should not be too much of a concern as there is a huge public carpark just across the road.

BIC
28-01-10, 15:39
Dear Owners,

Just got an update from Developer that the expected TOP is mid of 2nd Quarter, ie May 2010!!! :cool:

If this is the case, wow.....that's really soon.

Will pop by to the site this weekend again.

Cheers.

BIC
29-01-10, 07:54
Time to test the market?? ;) Boomz time for those projects near the MRT!!!

MRT Circle Line phase 2 opening set to push property prices up: estate agents

http://sg.yimg.com/i/sg/providers/cnalogo4.gif?x=114&y=27&sig=BGXnCk6ft6OuJZpSlj4ZJA-- (http://sg.rd.yahoo.com/partners/channelnewsasia/SIG=11316e3fh/*http%3A//www.channelnewsasia.com/)
Channel NewsAsia - Friday, January 29

Send (http://mtf.news.yahoo.com/mailto?cid=59&ncid=9&prop=sg09news&locale=sg&url=http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100128/tap-747-mrt-circle-line-phase-2-opening-231650b.html&title=MRT+Circle+Line+phase+2+opening+set+to+push+property+prices+up%3A+estate+agents&h1=/cna/20100128/r_t_cna_ap_sg/tap-747-mrt-circle-line-phase-2-opening-231650b&h2=T&h3=59&s=OwZ4tJQ4JuoEW7ZHY2zvieZOO54-)
IM Story (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100128/tap-747-mrt-circle-line-phase-2-opening-231650b.html)
Print (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100128/tap-747-mrt-circle-line-phase-2-opening-231650b.html?printer=1)
http://d.yimg.com/hb/xp/cna/20100128/21/1182462184-mrt-circle-line-phase-2-opening-set-to-push-property.jpg?x=213&y=177&sig=C87zEEOokfs9glljvEI1FQ-- (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100128/img/pap-747-mrt-circle-line-pha-9f4bae9059850.html) MRT Circle Line phase 2 opening set to push property prices up: estate agents

SINGAPORE: The opening of the second phase of the Circle Line MRT in April is definitely something to look forward to for residents living nearby. But those looking to sell or rent their homes are set to benefit as well.
Property agents said the opening of the 11 new stations along the Circle Line is likely to push property prices up.
Agents MediaCorp spoke to estimate home prices will increase by 10 per cent while office rents will go up by 20 per cent.
They said estates like Serangoon, Bishan and Paya Lebar have a lot of market potential while units in industrial estates are also expected to be in high demand.
Eddy Ng, division director, ERA Real Estate, said: "Most of the workers are taking public transport, it can be very accessible for them, if there’s an MRT line that leads them back home after work." — CNA/vm

centrico
29-01-10, 14:27
but unfortunately the new circle line mrt is still a distance from versilia:(
They should have moved the dakota station nearer to the tanjong katong traffic junction. Sigh

mogyi
02-02-10, 11:52
Hi,

Estate with high tendency will normally have spare lots cos expats probably would not drive. But for heartland development the residents are normally SP themselves thus in additional to having more than 1 car per family, carpark issuse is inevitable. come home early or run for the council chairman and self declare reserved lot for "voluntary" services. :cheers6:

mezo
08-02-10, 14:31
Two subsale recently
31 Ipoh Lane #16-05
Freehold
$973
$1100k
18 Jan 10

33 Ipoh Lane #04-08
Freehold
$870
$1143k
18 Jan 10

04-08 owner flipped for a profit of $70psf while 16-05 transacted at a profit of $133psf, all within 1 year. Great way to usher in the new year....

BIC
08-02-10, 20:13
Two subsale recently
31 Ipoh Lane #16-05
Freehold
$973
$1100k
18 Jan 10

33 Ipoh Lane #04-08
Freehold
$870
$1143k
18 Jan 10

04-08 owner flipped for a profit of $70psf while 16-05 transacted at a profit of $133psf, all within 1 year. Great way to usher in the new year....

Well done to both owners....but I reckon they should hold out for a much higher price. ;)

Let the good times begin!!!

Cheers.

BIC
10-02-10, 22:20
Dear Owners,

Received a letter from the developer that the estimated TOP will be 2nd Quarter 2010!!! So its really happening......:)

Cheers.

BIC
12-02-10, 19:42
Dear Owners,

I will like to wish one and all a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year!!:D

Cheers.

BIC
16-02-10, 14:06
Hi,

Took time to visit the site again over this CNY period.

One thing that disturbed me is that the developer has used metal fence instead of concrete walls for the surrounding. This makes the project looks cheap!! :( Hopefully they can improve the look and feel with better landscaping.

Your thoughts?

Cheers.

alxyan
17-02-10, 00:08
The metal fencing looks incomplete. They prob will cover it with plants or something. Maybe the architect can comment?

BIC
17-02-10, 07:25
The metal fencing looks incomplete. They prob will cover it with plants or something. Maybe the architect can comment?

I seriously hope so. See how the final product turns out.
Cheers.

BIC
13-03-10, 19:00
Dear Owners,

Managed to get a sneak preview of the front gate today.

Enjoy!! :)

BIC

BIC
16-03-10, 21:16
3 more caveats lodge in Feb 10. One of the unit sold at $1,000psf!! :cool:

VERSILIA ON HAIG IPOH LANECondominium11,118,8001,130Strata990Feb-10

VERSILIA ON HAIG IPOHLANECondominium11,023,0001,023Strata1,000Feb-10

VERSILIA ON HAIG IPOH LANECondominium11,010,0001,023Strata988Feb-10

Lou
17-03-10, 12:37
31 Ipoh Lane #12-02 $1000 1023 $1023k 10 Feb 10
31 Ipoh Lane #05-01 $990 1130 $1118k 10 Feb 10
33 Ipoh Lane #17-07 $988 1023 $1010k 04 Feb 10

BIC
17-03-10, 13:25
31 Ipoh Lane #12-02 $1000 1023 $1023k 10 Feb 10
31 Ipoh Lane #05-01 $990 1130 $1118k 10 Feb 10
33 Ipoh Lane #17-07 $988 1023 $1010k 04 Feb 10

Thanks Lou,

Welcome to the thread.

I was just wondering where do you get the stats with unit number. I only know about the URA website.;)

Cheers.

i0east
17-03-10, 15:46
Hi BIC,

You can go to http://www.streetsine.com/

BIC
17-03-10, 22:04
Hi BIC,

You can go to http://www.streetsine.com/

Hi i0east,

Thanks so much.:D

Cheers.

mezo
19-03-10, 10:21
Taken some new shots today from nearby HDB. Cloudy day but great unblocked views for units facing Katong. Windy too... Enjoy

BIC
19-03-10, 11:46
Taken some new shots today from nearby HDB. Cloudy day but great unblocked views for units facing Katong. Windy too... Enjoy

Hi Mezo,

Thanks so much!!! You professional photographer??!!! These pics are fantastic. :D

The pool area has a resort feeling. My unit is facing the pool.

Keep the pics coming. Cheers.

mezo
21-03-10, 22:58
More pics. Looks like its going to TOP really soon with most of the lanscaping done.

BIC
22-03-10, 11:32
More pics. Looks like its going to TOP really soon with most of the lanscaping done.

Thanks again!!!:)

Not been to the site for 2 weeks and cant believe such a great progress made. Will sure be down this weekend.

The entrance to the condo is very impressive. Anyway to remove the lamp post blocking the letter "V"..ha ha.;)

What do the rest of the owners think?.....selling their units now?:2cents:

Cheers.

foxrun
22-03-10, 21:35
Hi All,

Visited the place yesterday, spoke to the old uncle on site and he told me they are working 7 days a week to deliver the condo by end of April.

BIC
22-03-10, 22:19
Hi All,

Visited the place yesterday, spoke to the old uncle on site and he told me they are working 7 days a week to deliver the condo by end of April.

Hi foxrun,

Welcome to the thread. You no horse run, man!!:) .

Which stack you staying? This is the list so far :

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico
5. Winstan (stack 06)

Keeping my fingers crossed for a May TOP!!;)

Cheers.

kaida
23-03-10, 08:27
Hi foxrun,

Welcome to the thread. You no horse run, man!!:) .

Which stack you staying? This is the list so far :

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico
5. Winstan (stack 06)

Keeping my fingers crossed for a May TOP!!

Cheers.

6. Kaida (stack 01)

BIC
23-03-10, 13:39
6. Kaida (stack 01)

Hi Kaida,

Welcome to this thread and glad to know you are an owner as well!!:)

So, the updated list :

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico
5. Winstan (stack 06)
6. kaida (stack 01)

6 units owner identified, 122 more to go!!! ha ha;)

Cheers.

i0east
23-03-10, 14:03
Hi BIC,

Count me too (stack 05):)

foxrun
23-03-10, 20:11
Hello BIC,

Mine is stack 8

Cheers

BIC
23-03-10, 21:20
Hi BIC,

Count me too (stack 05):)

Hi i0east,

Welcome to the thread and great knowing you are one of the owners too!!!;)

Cheers.

BIC
23-03-10, 21:22
Hello BIC,

Mine is stack 8

Cheers

Hi foxrun,

How fitting, stack 8. Here's the updated list of owners :

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico
5. Winstan (stack 06)
6. kaida (stack 01)
7. i0east (stack 05)
8. foxrun (stack 08)

8 units owner identified, 120 more to go!!!:D

Cheers.

centrico
27-03-10, 10:46
mine is stack 02

BIC
27-03-10, 17:02
mine is stack 02

Welcome back centrico. Its been a while. Updated.

1. BIC (stack 05)
2. Mezo (stack 03)
3. alxyan (stack 03)
4. centrico (stack02)
5. Winstan (stack 06)
6. kaida (stack 01)
7. i0east (stack 05)
8. foxrun (stack 08)

Just back from the site. Took some pics and would like to add to the album.

The place looks complete. Believed we should receive letter informing about the TOP in April!!! :D

Cheers.

jesuit
27-03-10, 17:52
Nice, it shall looks complete from my apartment opp(Worthington). However a room in level 2 is still without parquet flooring (facing butterworth road).

BIC
27-03-10, 18:19
Nice, it shall looks complete from my apartment opp(Worthington). However a room in level 2 is still without parquet flooring (facing butterworth road).

Hi jesuit,

Thanks.....keep us posted on the progress from your unit.;)

The road on Ipoh Lane was busy with the launch of Bella Casita, opposite Ritz Regency.

Cheers.

BIC
02-04-10, 10:40
Dear Owners,

Pls check out this link : http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/791794/for-sale-versilia-on-haig

This property agent super solid, manage to get pics of the interior. Believed this is the layout of stack 05 and 09. ;)

Cheers.

BIC
06-04-10, 07:05
Hi,

Just realised that the windows are all tinted. What are the pros and cons compared to clear windows? :scared-5:

Cheers.