PDA

View Full Version : Versilia on Haig - Ipoh Lane

Pages : 1 2 [3]

i0east
22-07-10, 16:46
My solar film cost $3 psf for a total of $732 for MBR and 2 bedroom (244sf). Its Javaco (from Japan) and 10 years warranty, though the heat rejection is only at 55%.

Surprised to hear that our grill is difficult to manufacture, my contractor didnt say anything.

Hi Mezo,

Are you using silver 50? Do you find 55% heat rejection good enough? May I know whom did you engage to do the solar film?

Thanks!

devilplate
22-07-10, 17:06
Hi Mezo,

Are you using silver 50? Do you find 55% heat rejection good enough? May I know whom did you engage to do the solar film?

Thanks!

no matter how high the heat rejection claimed by the manufacturer...u will still feel the heat being build up in ur room or car

i installed the best grade branded solar flim and my car still feels damn HOT

but it will at least protect ur leather seats against UV la:D

xebay11
22-07-10, 17:58
no matter how high the heat rejection claimed by the manufacturer...u will still feel the heat being build up in ur room or car

i installed the best grade branded solar flim and my car still feels damn HOT

but it will at least protect ur leather seats against UV la:D

True the best is not to face West Sun at all, or use solid shades but then it will be stuffy and dark.

mezo
22-07-10, 21:16
Hi Mezo,

Thanks!

I finally chose the silver 50. Just installed few days ago but i have not moved in and thus unable to comment on its effectiveness.

I got my contact through the ST classifieds. The company is in Kitchener Rd. U can contact Stella at 67474159.

I did my blinds and curtain with them too.

i0east
23-07-10, 07:45
I finally chose the silver 50. Just installed few days ago but i have not moved in and thus unable to comment on its effectiveness.

I got my contact through the ST classifieds. The company is in Kitchener Rd. U can contact Stella at 67474159.

I did my blinds and curtain with them too.

Thanks, Mezo.

You shifting in soon? My contractor is rushing work for us so we can shift in 2 weeks' time. See you at Versilia.

BIC
24-07-10, 18:37
Hi,

Been at the site most of today.

Must say that not many onwers have shifted in yet.....the carpark seems empty.:sleep:

Cheers.

mezo
24-07-10, 20:24
Thanks, Mezo.

You shifting in soon? My contractor is rushing work for us so we can shift in 2 weeks' time. See you at Versilia.

Yeap, have checked the lucky FengShui date and moving in next week.

Bignose88
26-07-10, 22:25
Hello All,

Can i know what is Versilia annual value for property tax roughly?

heard it is around $25-30K per annual from a friend. Do you think this is reasonable and any grounds for filing objection to this?

BIC
29-07-10, 00:27
Hi All,

Greetings from Versilia....!!!

Finally, I have moved in!! :spliff:

It was a long wait but worth it. Hope to see you guys in Versilia soon. :D

Cheers.

cashrich
29-07-10, 13:25
Hi All,

Greetings from Versilia....!!!

Finally, I have moved in!! :spliff:

It was a long wait but worth it. Hope to see you guys in Versilia soon. :D

Cheers.

this name is another fine example...

ver si lia (havent die a'll/yet) .. waiting for ver si lia? moved in? si lia....

BIC
01-08-10, 09:49
Hi,

Managed to catch a glimpse of the fireworks display from my unit during last night's National Day rehersal. Hope the actual day will be better!! :cool:

Lets burn some cash away and have a longer display of the fireworks. :D

Cheers.

alxyan
01-08-10, 15:50
BIC,

Congrats on moving in. Mine still at design stage.

If you notice any common areas requiring improvements,
pls help to convey to Management.

Cheers.

BIC
01-08-10, 16:40
BIC,

Congrats on moving in. Mine still at design stage.

If you notice any common areas requiring improvements,
pls help to convey to Management.

Cheers.

Thanks alxyan.

My current focus still internal, unpacking etc.

Yup, once all these are done, will sure feedback areas of improvement to Mr Wong!!!:D

I must say that the cleaners here are very ON!! The common corridor is always kept clean.

Cheers.

ps : hope that the renovation work of the Haig Road hawker centre complete soon. Running out of choices for food, esp in the evening!!

BIC
07-08-10, 13:55
Hi mezo / alxyan / i0east,

Have you guys moved in already?;)

Cheers.

mezo
07-08-10, 19:22
Hi mezo / alxyan / i0east,

Have you guys moved in already?;)

Cheers.

Yeap, have moved in for almost 1 week now. Just finished unpacking and storing the rest in the utility room.... also just sorted out the rental for my old place.

Nice place so far, enjoying the place: the hot water jacuzzi pool is great, 'must try' and the gym is fantastic too (had a run on the treadmill)...

For food: the nearby prata shop is pretty good, and the next door 'zicar' isnt too bad also. If u willing to walk, the 'Mr Teh Tarik' coffeeshop further up has great food.

i0east
10-08-10, 18:10
Yeap, have moved in for almost 1 week now. Just finished unpacking and storing the rest in the utility room.... also just sorted out the rental for my old place.

Nice place so far, enjoying the place: the hot water jacuzzi pool is great, 'must try' and the gym is fantastic too (had a run on the treadmill)...

For food: the nearby prata shop is pretty good, and the next door 'zicar' isnt too bad also. If u willing to walk, the 'Mr Teh Tarik' coffeeshop further up has great food.

Hi BIC and Mezo,
we have shifted in too. Got quite a lot of things to unpack. Seems like I got to either throw away or store some items at storage warehouses. Cabinets, wardrobes and utility room here are all smaller than my old place. Still got bit of rectification work by ID contractor. Looking forward to a dust free place soon. See you around the estate!

Jesslee98
13-08-10, 14:15
Hi Guys,

Congra...

This is a very nice and cool project. Good buy...

BIC
13-08-10, 17:39
Hi Guys,

Congra...

This is a very nice and cool project. Good buy...

Congrats on your purchase of Butterworth 8 too!! :D

Enjoy your stay and see you around in the neighbourhood.

Cheers.

Jesslee98
13-08-10, 17:53
Thanks...

Wanna to buy Versilia....but too expensive....:scared-2: ....

How much psf now ?

BIC
13-08-10, 23:29
Thanks...

Wanna to buy Versilia....but too expensive....:scared-2: ....

How much psf now ?

Glad that you have considered Versilia in your selection process.

The psf should be above $1,100....:D

Cheers.

BIC
26-08-10, 17:33
Dear Owners,

Been staying at Versilia for a month and I must say, everything has been pleasent so far. From the security guards, the carpark, the facilities and surroundings.

Hope you feel the same too. :D

Do you think the place >80% occupied?

Cheers.

i0east
29-08-10, 10:44
Has anyone installed aluminium grilled main door? Dun mind sharing cost and contact? Thanks.

BIC
29-08-10, 21:57
Has anyone installed aluminium grilled main door? Dun mind sharing cost and contact? Thanks.

Yes I did. Paid about $680 for it.

It done by my ID using their contractors. So no contact details. Why not use the same as your window grills? This Mr Lim guy mentioned in the earlier thread.

Cheers.

i0east
29-08-10, 22:52
Thank you for sharing. :-)

mezo
31-08-10, 20:26

It done by my ID using their contractors. So no contact details. Why not use the same as your window grills? This Mr Lim guy mentioned in the earlier thread.

Cheers.

Need to consider that the solid type of grill (Mr Lim) is much more costlier than the normal hollow type, if cost is a concern for the door grill. Actually i think there is no need for it as security is taken care of (security guard plus card entry system at the lift lobby)

To illustrate the point, it cost easily 3 times more when I was doing the window grills but no choice as the hollow type cant be made for our design.

mezo
31-08-10, 20:35
Hey guys, good news :

Haig Road market reopens
AFTER 10 months of upgrading works, local residents can look forward to eating and grocery shopping in a more comfortable environment when Haig Road Market and Cooked Food Centre reopens on Wednesday.
Costing $5.48 million to upgrade under the National Environment Agency's (NEA) Hawker Centres Upgrading Programme, the newly refurbished hawker centre at Blocks 13 and 14 Haig Road boasts of upgraded toilet facilities, enhanced barrier-free accessibility and improved fire safety measures.
All 72 cooked food stalls at Block 14 have been retrofitted with a new mechanical exhaust system to improve the overall ventilation, and NEA has increased the total seating capacity of the cooked food section by more than 13 per cent to cater for more patrons.
Other upgrades include the replacement of plumbing and underground sanitary systems, re-wiring and upgrading of electrical load, and the replacement of floor and wall tiles.
The architectural design of the centre has also been modified to improve ventilation and lighting.
Stallholders will resume business progressively depending on the progress of renovation works of the individual stalls.

BIC
01-09-10, 00:37
Hey guys, good news :

Haig Road market reopens
AFTER 10 months of upgrading works, local residents can look forward to eating and grocery shopping in a more comfortable environment when Haig Road Market and Cooked Food Centre reopens on Wednesday.
Costing $5.48 million to upgrade under the National Environment Agency's (NEA) Hawker Centres Upgrading Programme, the newly refurbished hawker centre at Blocks 13 and 14 Haig Road boasts of upgraded toilet facilities, enhanced barrier-free accessibility and improved fire safety measures.
All 72 cooked food stalls at Block 14 have been retrofitted with a new mechanical exhaust system to improve the overall ventilation, and NEA has increased the total seating capacity of the cooked food section by more than 13 per cent to cater for more patrons.
Other upgrades include the replacement of plumbing and underground sanitary systems, re-wiring and upgrading of electrical load, and the replacement of floor and wall tiles.
The architectural design of the centre has also been modified to improve ventilation and lighting.
Stallholders will resume business progressively depending on the progress of renovation works of the individual stalls.

Hi mezo,

This is an excellent news indeed!!!

Hope they also have late night supper to cater for late sleepers!!! :D

Will check-out the stalls this weekend.

Cheers.

Jesslee98
01-09-10, 10:18
Yessss......any good food in Haig market ?

mezo
01-09-10, 21:01
Yessss......any good food in Haig market ?

New here too, dont know what's nice. Need the regulars to introduce yummy food....

sleek
01-09-10, 22:46
Had not been there since it reopened, but before, the Satay Gado, Czechar, Hot Dessert & Nasi Padang are all yummy! Just not sure if they are still at their old stalls. :p

urban
02-09-10, 13:02
Hi Versilia folks,

Why is the swimming pool cordoned off?

BIC
04-09-10, 19:40
Hi Versilia folks,

Why is the swimming pool cordoned off?

Yup, was cordoned off for some maintenance work!!

Its up and running again...cheers.:D

BIC
04-09-10, 19:42
Had not been there since it reopened, but before, the Satay Gado, Czechar, Hot Dessert & Nasi Padang are all yummy! Just not sure if they are still at their old stalls. :p

Went to the hawker center earlier.

Most of the Chinese stalls not opened....I guess its due to the ghost month. Should see more stalls opening after Wednesday.

Had the fish soup which was ok.

Cheers.;)

BIC
12-09-10, 13:47
Hi mezo, i0east, alyxan, and rest of the owners here,

Doing a very very simple celebration of the mid-autumn festival at the pool-side table (next to the Gym) for my 2 kids on 22 Sep (Wed) from 8.30pm onwards.

Feel free to join me with your kids too. :D

Will have some mooncakes (bite-size) and small packet of drinks for the kids. For the audults, not sure mooncakes goes well with white wine!!!:spliff:

See ya.

Cheers.

i0east
14-09-10, 14:34

Doing a very very simple celebration of the mid-autumn festival at the pool-side table (next to the Gym) for my 2 kids on 22 Sep (Wed) from 8.30pm onwards.

Will have some mooncakes (bite-size) and small packet of drinks for the kids. For the audults, not sure mooncakes goes well with white wine!!!:spliff:

See ya.

Cheers.

Hi BIC,

Thanks for the invite. We have yet to meet up since shifted in. We will drop by to say hello on 22 Sep.

See you.

:)

mezo
14-09-10, 19:59

See ya.

Cheers.

Thks for inviting. Will be there too. Will bring something though havent decide what it will be yet...

BIC
14-09-10, 21:40
Thks for inviting. Will be there too. Will bring something though havent decide what it will be yet...

Great mezo & i0east!!

Looking forward to the meet-up and hope the weather will be beautiful that night too!!

The kids will love it....;)

Cheers.

alxyan
16-09-10, 00:29
Hi BIC,

thks for the invite. What a nice gesture, unfortunately, I haven't shifted in yet, hopefully before the next major festive event- Christmas?

Cheers

BIC
16-09-10, 09:45
Hi BIC,

thks for the invite. What a nice gesture, unfortunately, I haven't shifted in yet, hopefully before the next major festive event- Christmas?

Cheers

Hi alxyan,

No worries....;)

Yup, maybe can do something in X'mas too.:D

The environment in Versilia turn out just fine and thank goodness the Haig Road Hawker Center has re-opened after the upgrading.

Cheers.

mezo
21-09-10, 20:53
Great mezo & i0east!!

Looking forward to the meet-up and hope the weather will be beautiful that night too!!

The kids will love it....;)

Cheers.

I will bring small packet drinks for the kids, since the food and drinks for the adults are settled.

BIC
22-09-10, 06:56
I will bring small packet drinks for the kids, since the food and drinks for the adults are settled.

Hi mezo,

Great and thanks!!! :)

Not much food prepared though....just moon cakes for both adults and kids.

See you guys tonight....cheers.:D

BIC
23-09-10, 10:04
Dear mezo & i0east,

Great meeting you guys and your families last eveining.:D

Felt like I have known you for years!!! ha ha.

It was great fun and I think the kids loved it. We even had a surpirse inclusions from the opposite stack!! ;)

Cheers.

ps : next gathering should be towards year-end during the Christams / New Year period as what alxyan suggested.

alxyan
02-12-10, 18:03
One of my predictions has come true.

Lion City Hotel to make way for new development !

Next to go will be City Plaza. Let's see.

BIC
02-12-10, 18:50
One of my predictions has come true.

Lion City Hotel to make way for new development !

Next to go will be City Plaza. Let's see.

Brother alxyan,

You beat me to it.

Just about to post the GREAT news here!!!

I share the same sentiments that City Plaza will soon be up for sale too.

Have you shifted in yet?

Huat ah!!! :D

Cheers.

ps : Here's wishing all the residents in Versilia A Happy Holiday Season!!!

Dec 1, 2010

GEYLANG LANDMARK
Lion City Hotel site for sale

By Lee Jia Xin

Lion City Hotel's history

* Lion City Hotel was built by the late Mr Wee Thiam Siew some 40 years ago. The Wee family has been operating the hotel ever since.
* Sitting on almost 148,000 sq ft of freehold land, the hotel which has only 166 rooms is grossly under-developed.
* With the site now being allowed to change its use to residential and commercial use, the family decided to divest this asset as property development is not their core business.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20101201/lioncity.jpg Landmark Property Advisers and Knight Frank are the marketing agents for the freehold redevelopment site, with a land area of 13,741.2 sq m. -- PHOTO: KNIGHT FRANK PTE LTD

THE landmark Lion City Hotel in Geylang and the adjoining Hollywood Theatre site are up for sale by tender.
Landmark Property Advisers and Knight Frank are the marketing agents for the freehold redevelopment site, with a land area of 13,741.2 sq m.
The price for this property is expected to exceed $300 million, excluding development charge.
At $300 million, the land price works out to about $753 psf/pr inclusive of an estimated development charge of about $77.8 million payable for the rezoning.
The URA has, in response to an outline application, allowed the site to be redeveloped into a mix of residential and commercial developments.
The total allowable gross floor area (GFA) is 47,187.3 sq m consisting of 22,650 sq m of residential GFA and 24,537.3 sq m of commercial GFA.
A shopping centre similar to that of Katong Mall and some 240 apartment units can be developed on this site.

mezo
02-12-10, 18:54
Yes, saw the news too...good to see that paya lebar area will be re-developed and hope that it bring more amenities to the area that are within walking distance.

Btw, great to see that you guys are still active in the forum.

DC33_2008
02-12-10, 22:02
This place really needs a make-over. The only problem is the weekend crowd. Difficult to be relocated.

BIC
03-12-10, 07:41
This place really needs a make-over. The only problem is the weekend crowd. Difficult to be relocated.

Hi DC33_2008,

I believed this will be in the works too. Most of them will congregate around City Plaza but with the area going up-market (I hope), they may move elsewhere.

However, they do bring life to the place on Sundays!!:D

We are far enough not to be affected by their presence.

Cheers.

kingkong1984
03-12-10, 07:50
Yes, saw the news too...good to see that paya lebar area will be re-developed and hope that it bring more amenities to the area that are within walking distance.

Btw, great to see that you guys are still active in the forum.
Got mixed dev at paya labar mrt area too right? Start here, then kallang.... Geylang will benefit.

DC33_2008
03-12-10, 09:10
I doubt they will move unless like ION Orchard. Well they spill over to Lucky plaza. Where do they go over here?
Hi DC33_2008,

I believed this will be in the works too. Most of them will congregate around City Plaza but with the area going up-market (I hope), they may move elsewhere.

However, they do bring life to the place on Sundays!!:D

We are far enough not to be affected by their presence.

Cheers.

BIC
24-12-10, 10:39
Hi,

Its our first year moving into Versilia.....will like wish all the residents in Versilia a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Thanks for making the place a nice environment to live in.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cheers6:

Cheers.

BIC
20-01-11, 20:22
Dear Owners of Versilia,

First and foremost, I will like to wish one and all Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!:D

Now that the Lion City Hotel site has been sold, what's your wish-list for the site to be developed into??

Cheers.;)

Jesslee98
21-01-11, 13:21
:D Commercial....Shopping Malll !!!!!

BIC
21-01-11, 17:19
:D Commercial....Shopping Malll !!!!!

Hi Jesslee98,

Yup, this will be a good option, especially it can come with a Cinema. Do not mind a mix of residential as well to push up the prices further in the area!! :D

So, have you shifted into Butterworth?:spliff:

Cheers.

devilplate
21-01-11, 17:21
drove past recently...nice project:cheers1:

mezo
22-01-11, 12:43
Dear Owners of Versilia,

First and foremost, I will like to wish one and all Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!:D

Now that the Lion City Hotel site has been sold, what's your wish-list for the site to be developed into??

Cheers.;)

Think it will probably be like shopping mall + condo on top. Something like Jurong Point. Would be good to have another option that is within walking distance.

BIC
22-01-11, 18:24
Think it will probably be like shopping mall + condo on top. Something like Jurong Point. Would be good to have another option that is within walking distance.

Yup, also a supermarket like Giant or Cold Storage will be good!!!:cool:

alxyan
29-01-11, 11:20
Development of Paya Lebar Central gains momentum. Govt just released the first plot of land for commercial development. Response from potential developers expected to be good.

med80009
30-01-11, 12:00
Just visited my friend there few weeks ago and heard the noise from F16 landing. My friend says it's a rather infrequent thing and doesn't bother him. I wonder whether this is an issue for those staying there ?

kingkong1984
30-01-11, 12:33
Just visited my friend there few weeks ago and heard the noise from F16 landing. My friend says it's a rather infrequent thing and doesn't bother him. I wonder whether this is an issue for those staying there ?
Only happen in day time mah... Not at hm most of the time right?

med80009
30-01-11, 12:40
Kids and babies are.. need to or-or...

kingkong1984
30-01-11, 12:49
Yes doc, if that is ur matrix number

med80009
30-01-11, 19:54
Very sharp kingkong, not matric no. but some login id from ages ago ;)

BIC
30-01-11, 20:46

Agree with kingkong1984, not a problem at all. Very infrequent as mentioned. In fact, my kids get excited seeing the plane.:D

With the sale of Lion City hotel site and the release of the plot of land next to Paya Lebar MRT, I guess its full steam ahead for the re-development of this area!!!:spliff:

Cheers.

BIC
06-02-11, 10:59
Hi,

Heard from a property agent that City Plaza has been en-bloc or has been sold.

Can anyone assist to verify this?? :cool:

Cheers.

eng81157
06-02-11, 13:20
Hi,

Cheers.

happened a few weeks back, it was reported in the news

mezo
06-02-11, 20:01
Hi,

Cheers.

Did a search and did not see any news on it.

BIC
06-02-11, 20:56
happened a few weeks back, it was reported in the news

Hi eng81157,

Thanks. :D

We are aware about the Lion City Hotel site but no news on City Plaza.

Maybe the property agent also got mixed up.

Cheers.

marktkt22
17-02-11, 22:47
Hi BIC

Btw, Thanks, got quite some tip on solar film, grilles, renov etc from this thread, :)

BIC
21-02-11, 17:48
Hi BIC

Btw, Thanks, got quite some tip on solar film, grilles, renov etc from this thread, :)

No prob. Glad you found the info useful.

Cheers.

alxyan
21-02-11, 19:30
Versilia will get 2 new neighbours soon. Questa@Dunman, and 38 iSuites. Prices higher than Versilia, so will help push prices up?

med80009
21-02-11, 22:13
The 38i Suites looked like its just across the road from Versilia. Any idea how tall ? Looked like it was landed housing that kena en-blocked, seem like may block off the view for some low floors in Versilia. Bummer....

BIC
22-02-11, 10:33
Versilia will get 2 new neighbours soon. Questa@Dunman, and 38 iSuites. Prices higher than Versilia, so will help push prices up?

Certainly hope so!!! :D

Huat ah (x 3)!! :spliff:

BIC
22-02-11, 10:37
The 38i Suites looked like its just across the road from Versilia. Any idea how tall ? Looked like it was landed housing that kena en-blocked, seem like may block off the view for some low floors in Versilia. Bummer....

so the new condo opposite Versilia will be called 38i Suites.....there is a signage put up and I believed it mentioned that its 10 or 12 storey development.

One thing good for sure, there will not be cars and lorries parked along the road leading to the Haig road junction when the project is completed. :D

alxyan
22-02-11, 12:48

Except for 6th floor where their communal facilities are located.

BIC
24-02-11, 09:33
Had a friend just bought a 3-br unit in My Manhatten @ $1222 psf.

Talk about price stabilizing....:confused:

Then how much psf are D15 condos worth now????

devilplate
24-02-11, 10:16
Had a friend just bought a 3-br unit in My Manhatten @ $1222 psf.

Talk about price stabilizing....:confused:

Then how much psf are D15 condos worth now????

wah lau...ur fren got visit this forum anot??? there r so much better buys ard!!

y ur fren dunwan to buy DBR subsale? anytime safer bet...lol

BIC
24-02-11, 11:24
wah lau...ur fren got visit this forum anot??? there r so much better buys ard!!

agree....but its their choice.;)

hopeful
24-02-11, 11:38

your comments promoting DBR, how come Tanumy not yet appear.

BIC
14-03-11, 13:40
Dear Owners,

Has anyone signed-up for the super-broadband (ed. MaxInfinity) for your unit?

We have the OpenNet installed in our switch box area. Will like to find out how does the installation work to enable the service? Is there a need for additional wire-trucking etc?

Appreciate the advise. ;)

Cheers.

mezo
14-03-11, 21:55
Hi BIC,
we are cabled up with the fibre optic wires nicely concealed and have tried to subscribe but was told we are not Home Reach yet.

I dropped an email to OpenNet to ask them to expediate the Home Reach but the reply i get from them is to wait til 2013!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Its gonna be a long wait.......

Dear Owners,

Has anyone signed-up for the super-broadband (ed. MaxInfinity) for your unit?

We have the OpenNet installed in our switch box area. Will like to find out how does the installation work to enable the service? Is there a need for additional wire-trucking etc?

Appreciate the advise. ;)

Cheers.

BIC
15-03-11, 12:29
Hi BIC,
we are cabled up with the fibre optic wires nicely concealed and have tried to subscribe but was told we are not Home Reach yet.

I dropped an email to OpenNet to ask them to expediate the Home Reach but the reply i get from them is to wait til 2013!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Its gonna be a long wait.......

Got it mezo. This info is really helpful. Do not want to be caught between the Cable provider and Open Net!!:D

No choice then....2013 beckons.

mezo
15-03-11, 20:37
I do hope that I do not have to wait until 2013....otherwise this opennet thing will become a joke....installed but wait 4 years to activate...

Got it mezo. This info is really helpful. Do not want to be caught between the Cable provider and Open Net!!:D

No choice then....2013 beckons.

BIC
15-03-11, 21:58
I do hope that I do not have to wait until 2013....otherwise this opennet thing will become a joke....installed but wait 4 years to activate...

Election round the corner....why not raised it to our MP!!! ha ha :D

alxyan
15-03-11, 22:11
Forget abt Open Net. Did you guys check out our new neighbours - Questa and 38 iSuites?

They are going for 12XX to 14xx psf. Apparently, Questa is already 87% sold out.

But the one price to look out for will be when UOL launches the new Lion City Hotel. Will definitely be a new record for the neighbourhood.

BIC
15-03-11, 22:31
Forget abt Open Net. Did you guys check out our new neighbours - Questa and 38 iSuites?

They are going for 12XX to 14xx psf. Apparently, Questa is already 87% sold out.

But the one price to look out for will be when UOL launches the new Lion City Hotel. Will definitely be a new record for the neighbourhood.

Hi alxyan,

How have you been?:)

Yup, the psf around this area is music to our ears.

As for the Lion City Hotel site, I am more looking forward to the commercial bit. Hope it will have a decent cinema and a supermarket.

Cheers.:D

alxyan
15-03-11, 22:37
Am settling in well, thks.

Yes, look forward to a better designed version of Novena Square in our area. How abt the name Haig Mall?

BIC
16-03-11, 15:36
Am settling in well, thks.

Yes, look forward to a better designed version of Novena Square in our area. How abt the name Haig Mall?

Hi alxyan,

Great to hear that you have settled in.

We (mezo and i0east) met up the last time round and it was great. Join us the next time but nothing planned yet.;)

i0east
17-03-11, 07:43

Hi Mezo, BIC,
I did a 3mths trial with starhub maxinfinity from nov 2010 to feb 2011. Apparently, the fibre cable is ready to be used. Maybe you can check again. I am thinking of getting m1, seems to be the cheapest.

mezo
17-03-11, 19:21
I had checked twice with M1 (last time being Jan 11) and they said it is not ready. I have also emailed Open Net and they replied the same too. Maybe should go to Starhub since you have successfully connected on Starhub. I'll check it out over the weekend... Thks!

Hi Mezo, BIC,
I did a 3mths trial with starhub maxinfinity from nov 2010 to feb 2011. Apparently, the fibre cable is ready to be used. Maybe you can check again. I am thinking of getting m1, seems to be the cheapest.

BIC
18-03-11, 15:40
Hi Mezo, BIC,

Hi i0east,

Any wire truncking needed or was it just plug and play with the modem?

Ifso, how much Starhub charge for the additional truncking?

Thanks in advance. Cheers. :D

centrico
19-03-11, 10:42
I have checked with Starhub n Open Net. Apparently our condo is yet to wired up. The box in our DB is only the distribution terminal according to Open Net ppl. Our Management has agreed to the trunking. Open Net will contact the residents to arrange for trunking in near future. So no high speed for us fpr now (:doh:

BIC
19-03-11, 11:12
I have checked with Starhub n Open Net. Apparently our condo is yet to wired up. The box in our DB is only the distribution terminal according to Open Net ppl. Our Management has agreed to the trunking. Open Net will contact the residents to arrange for trunking in near future. So no high speed for us fpr now (:doh:

Hi centrico,

Appreciate this info. Looks like its the case.:(

We just have to wait and see how this plans out!!

Cheers. :spliff:

i0east
19-03-11, 11:22
Hi BIC, no additional trunking is needed.

There are two devices, one ONT which connects to the fibre optic terminal in our db box and another device, the residential gateway (RG), is either connected directly to the ONT (place near to ONT in the db box) or u can connect one of the LAN cable to the ONT, then connect the RG to the corresponding port.

Before the start of my free trial, opennet did send one of their staff to test the signal. After verifification, starhub then sent their staff to install the two devices. I have since stopped the trial.

BIC
19-03-11, 15:25
Hi BIC, no additional trunking is needed.

There are two devices, one ONT which connects to the fibre optic terminal in our db box and another device, the residential gateway (RG), is either connected directly to the ONT (place near to ONT in the db box) or u can connect one of the LAN cable to the ONT, then connect the RG to the corresponding port.

Before the start of my free trial, opennet did send one of their staff to test the signal. After verifification, starhub then sent their staff to install the two devices. I have since stopped the trial.

Hi i0east.

Noted and thanks.

Its a relief to know that no additional truncking is needed.

Now its for all of us to "push" Open Net to speed-up the process to get Versilia connected to the super-highway. :D

I will do my bit too!! :spliff:

i0east
19-03-11, 16:05
I did a search for coverage on opennet website and it indicates that our condo is pending engagement with managing agent to start fibre installation. This is incorrect as we already have the fibre optic terminal installed inside our db box (at least 'home passed' status)

I guess opennet system is not updated and when service providers use their system to check, it will show up as not installed.

BIC
19-03-11, 19:14
I did a search for coverage on opennet website and it indicates that our condo is pending engagement with managing agent to start fibre installation. This is incorrect as we already have the fibre optic terminal installed inside our db box (at least 'home passed' status)

I guess opennet system is not updated and when service providers use their system to check, it will show up as not installed.

Yup, got it.

We need to get more clarity from Open Net on the status of our project.

Let's keep each other posted. Cheers.:)

mezo
20-03-11, 15:03
There are two status :
1. Home Passed (Installed but not tested)
2. Home Reached (Tested)

Check out this website
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100913-236833.html

I checked yesterday with M1 & Starhub and status has been upgraded to Home Reached instead of the previous Home Passed. Decided to wait til the next promotion period to see if there are extra goodies...

i0east, how was your trial? Do you notice any difference between the fibre optic vs the standard starhub cable?

i0east
20-03-11, 16:43
Hi mezo, the 100mbps is definitely very fast. However, the RG wireless router is no good. I placed the router in the living room, the speed dropped to less than 5mbps in the master bedroom. In the living room, the speed is more than 30-40 Mbps.

BIC
20-03-11, 17:05
There are two status :
1. Home Passed (Installed but not tested)
2. Home Reached (Tested)

Check out this website
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100913-236833.html

I checked yesterday with M1 & Starhub and status has been upgraded to Home Reached instead of the previous Home Passed. Decided to wait til the next promotion period to see if there are extra goodies...

i0east, how was your trial? Do you notice any difference between the fibre optic vs the standard starhub cable?

Hi mezo,

Excellent news!!! :D

My current contract with Starhub will end next month and likewise, I will wait for the next promotion from them....maybe in the next PC show in June.

Cheers.:spliff:

donchew76
23-03-11, 10:14
Hi mezo,

Excellent news!!! :D

My current contract with Starhub will end next month and likewise, I will wait for the next promotion from them....maybe in the next PC show in June.

Bro,

Is your Managing Agent, Total Estate Management?

BIC
25-03-11, 09:23
Bro,

Is your Managing Agent, Total Estate Management?

Hi donchew76,

Yup, the MA for our estate is Total Estate Management.

So far so good.

donchew76
25-03-11, 23:26
Hi donchew76,

Yup, the MA for our estate is Total Estate Management.

So far so good.

Thanks bro for your feedback.

Hope that u have settled down well. :)

BIC
26-03-11, 18:34
Thanks bro for your feedback.

Hope that u have settled down well. :)

Hi,

I believed the residents in Versilia has settled in nicely, including my family.

We are moving into the next stage of stay.....to get our OpenNet Super Broadband hooked up in our premise!!! Ha ha:D

Cheers.

marktkt22
31-03-11, 00:19

Cheers.

Thanks BIC... this Versilla thread has really good info. I use that price as a guide when I do my gate grille, and it sure come in handy...:)

marktkt22
31-03-11, 00:27
Hi proud owner,

Maybe this link will help you.

http://www.invisiblegrille.com/home.html

Cheers. ;)

Apologies if I have accidentally turned this into renov forum. :scared-3:

But have anyone tried the invisible grille...i am in the midst of waiting for their quotation (seem to have 3 vendors in the market, from my goggling.. invisble grille, Le-grill and invisys)... thot of using invisible grill for all bedrooms window and esp for balcony (that should be the most cost part)..a I have 2 kids running around.

Jesslee98
31-03-11, 16:16

But have anyone tried the invisible grille...i am in the midst of waiting for their quotation (seem to have 3 vendors in the market, from my goggling.. invisble grille, Le-grill and invisys)... thot of using invisible grill for all bedrooms window and esp for balcony (that should be the most cost part)..a I have 2 kids running around.

Hi,

Do you need to get the approval from management ? as they have "standard" grille design for all the units..

devilplate
31-03-11, 16:38
Hi,

Do you need to get the approval from management ? as they have "standard" grille design for all the units..

hmm...dun tink we nid to seek approval for 'invisible grille' rite....since its oredi invisible....hehe

BIC
31-03-11, 22:32
Thanks BIC... this Versilla thread has really good info. I use that price as a guide when I do my gate grille, and it sure come in handy...:)

Hi marktkt22,

So you are a resident in Versilia too?

If so, welcome!!! :D

Cheers.

BIC
31-03-11, 22:34

There are residents in Versilia using Invisible grills for their balcony. So I guess its allowed.

Not sure about the bedroom though.

marktkt22
31-03-11, 23:37
Thanks to all for the reply...so sorry, I am not a resident in Versilia... I am staying in the apartment somewhere along Tembeling..D15 also though..:)
I found the versilia thread is so friendly and amicable and already informative...

mezo
01-04-11, 16:01
Its best not to ask if it is not stated for the balcony.

But for the room, I dont think its allowed. Most, if not all condo, stipulate the type of grill to use.

marktkt22
05-04-11, 19:32
Thx for the inputs, indeed, i wont ask for permissions cos if i ask, v likely reject. install then act blur(apartment, should not be so strict), i will put invisible grille in all the room, it not obvious and there are are curtains anyway. The main gate grille will be custom made as per spec by developer.

BIC
06-04-11, 15:25
The row of terrace houses opposite Versilia has finally been torn down today.

Believed by the time we reach home this evening, most should be flattened.

The construction of the new project will be in full swing soon!!

alxyan
06-04-11, 16:08
A recent unit at Versilia has transacted at 12xx psf.
This will go up more when development of Paya Lebar Central/new Lion City Hotel gains momentum.

BIC
06-04-11, 19:26
A recent unit at Versilia has transacted at 12xx psf.
This will go up more when development of Paya Lebar Central/new Lion City Hotel gains momentum.

Huat ah...!!!:spliff:

Yup, we should monitor closely the development of Lion City Hotel site as it will transform the retail landcscape in the area. I hope the developer do a good job to benefit all the residents in that area!!

Cheers.

BIC
13-04-11, 09:03
Hi,

Just wanted to share that I removed my chengai decking for my balcony recently. Really heart pain. :banghead:

Why did I do that.....in fact I had regretted the moment my contractor did the installation during our renovation. :doh:

The water and dust collected beneath the decking was a concern especially during wet weather. Maintenance is a problem too. With the elevated decking, standing at the balconcy can also be a bit scary for some.

Actually, the original condition with the tiles was already good enough. Really itchy backside!! :mad:

Thank goodness the contractor removing the decking was able to do it without any damage to the balcony tiles. Well, I have to move on and not cry over it!!:spliff:

jezz
13-04-11, 10:16
Huat ah...!!!:spliff:

Yup, we should monitor closely the development of Lion City Hotel site as it will transform the retail landcscape in the area. I hope the developer do a good job to benefit all the residents in that area!!

Cheers.

Anyone can tell me wats the dev beside city plaza? Looks like the windows up but no idea wats that? Is it a commercial or residential

BIC
13-04-11, 21:03
Anyone can tell me wats the dev beside city plaza? Looks like the windows up but no idea wats that? Is it a commercial or residential

Hi jezz,

Welcome to this thread.

I believed you are referring to Esta Ruby. Its part residential and part commercial.

land118
13-04-11, 21:19
Hi,

Just wanted to share that I removed my chengai decking for my balcony recently. Really heart pain. :banghead:
The water and dust collected beneath the decking was a concern especially during wet weather. Maintenance is a problem too. With the elevated decking, standing at the balconcy can also be a bit scary for some.
Actually, the original condition with the tiles was already good enough. Really itchy backside!! :mad:
Thank goodness the contractor removing the decking was able to do it without any damage to the balcony tiles. Well, I have to move on and not cry over it!!:spliff:
wooden decking look nice and cozy, but always a concern of pest breeding below....recently, I also almost lay timber deck over my garden cos neighbor did it and look good, after contractor came, give quote, lucky ken a neighbor nagged by wife, so hold back...

BIC
14-04-11, 09:27
wooden decking look nice and cozy, but always a concern of pest breeding below....recently, I also almost lay timber deck over my garden cos neighbor did it and look good, after contractor came, give quote, lucky ken a neighbor nagged by wife, so hold back...

Good call. In your case, the chances of pests breeding beneath the decking is higher as it will be placed in a garden. :tsk-tsk:

marktkt22
11-05-11, 13:24
Is there a dark tint on installation of solar film (like in car ) ?
Permission required from mgmt ?
My ID warned me that it may change the facade and therefore...i may end up have to removed it. :confused:

any feedbacks appreciated...

Hi i0east,

Initially I was like you, thinking that have to wait for all defects to be rectified first before reno. Not the case. Once they have conducted a joint-inspection with you to confirm the defect list, you can start reno.

They will recetify the defect in parallel, depending on the defects. These guys (Straits Construction) are very friendly and reasonable.

Yes, I have decked-up my balcony with chengnai wood. My ID quoted me one price for my whole reno. No breakdown of the costs.:D

Meeting Jack Lim from the solar film company for a quote this morning.

Cheers.

marktkt22
11-05-11, 13:26
HI all ,
My ID is also proposing to use perfect film as he said it reputable and good. How is the experience so far, from forumer who had used their solar film. Any problems encountered...? Thanks in advance:confused:

Hi i0east,

For the window grill, my ID is arranging and hence do not know the contractor.:doh:

However, there is this contractor that has done for my neighbour and for a few households in Versilia. You may want to contact him for a quote.

Mr Lim - Wrought Aluminium P/L (HP : 9027 9222)

As for the solar film, I will be using from Perfect Window Films. Their 85% IR rejection is at $3.50psf. Quite reasonable i think. ;)

www.perfect.com.sg (http://www.perfect.com.sg)

Cheers.

BIC
12-05-11, 17:07
HI all ,
My ID is also proposing to use perfect film as he said it reputable and good. How is the experience so far, from forumer who had used their solar film. Any problems encountered...? Thanks in advance:confused:

So far so good.

You may want to check with your MC the type/degree of tinted solar film is allowed.

Cheers.

BIC
17-05-11, 09:22
Hi,

UOL mentioned that they will re-develop the Lion City Hotel site for commercial and retail use. This is to better cater for the residential cluster in this area.

Really hope our wishlist can come true....cinema, big supermarket, good eateries etc etc.

BIC
22-05-11, 12:57
Hi Mezo, BIC,

Hi,

I received a letter from Starhub to confirm that our condo is Opennet ready.

Since I am out of contract, I will be signing up for the home hubbing plan with Starhub to enjoy the discounts over 24 months.

http://www.starhub.com/promotions/hubbing/maxinfinityhomehubbingpacks.html

Anyone setup theirs already? Mine will be setup on 2 Jun.

Lovelle
22-05-11, 14:23
Hi,

UOL mentioned that they will re-develop the Lion City Hotel site for commercial and retail use. This is to better cater for the residential cluster in this area.

Really hope our wishlist can come true....cinema, big supermarket, good eateries etc etc.

I m eyeing hard on that pjt

mezo
23-05-11, 20:37
Hi,

I received a letter from Starhub to confirm that our condo is Opennet ready.

Since I am out of contract, I will be signing up for the home hubbing plan with Starhub to enjoy the discounts over 24 months.

http://www.starhub.com/promotions/hubbing/maxinfinityhomehubbingpacks.html

Anyone setup theirs already? Mine will be setup on 2 Jun.

Still waiting as I find the price is still high. PC show coming on the 12 June.

BIC
23-05-11, 21:42
Still waiting as I find the price is still high. PC show coming on the 12 June.

Good move....but I can't wait liao!! ;)

Will keep all posted!!

Cheers.

DC33_2008
23-05-11, 21:48
Philip sale at toa payoh is this weekend.

Will keep all posted!!

Cheers.

BIC
23-05-11, 23:40
Philip sale at toa payoh is this weekend.

Thanks bro. But will give it a miss this year.

Cheers.

Jesslee98
24-05-11, 12:34
Hi,

Thats good news..Any idea when they will start to demolish the Lion City ?

BIC
24-05-11, 17:00
Thats good news..Any idea when they will start to demolish the Lion City ?

You will know when they start vacating the tenants. I will miss the food stalls!!!:(

BIC
30-05-11, 23:33
You will know when they start vacating the tenants. I will miss the food stalls!!!:(

Visited my favourite wanton noodle stall today.

Was told that they will vacate the premise in 2 months time. :doh:

Sianz!!

jesuit
31-05-11, 03:21
Hi,

They will start shifting in Sep 11.

BIC
03-06-11, 09:55

Will keep all posted!!

Cheers.

Hi,

Will like to share my 1st day experience of using the Starhub MaxInfinity (100Mbps) broadband vs my previous MaxOnline (16Mbps) broadband.

1. Setup
- to avoid further trunking, all equipment must be in the swtichbox area
- this include the broadband box, wireless router, base-station of your Cordless phone (mine is the bundled service)

2. Coverage
- the living room coverage will, logically, be the best since its located near the switchbox
- A speedtest showed that download speed is over 60Mbps, wireless :)
- reduced coverage for my study and no coverage for my Masterbed room and children room :doh:

3. Additional equipment :2cents:
- Added an Aztech power-plug for my study for Lan connection
- Download speed is now more than 50Mbps
- Intend to add a wireless-lan booster for my Masterbed room (PC show here I come!!)

4. Overall experience :spliff:
- The surfing speed is now over 5 times from my previous setup, as I had about 10Mbps download speed previously
- Watching youtube and online video is now a breeze!!! :D

In short, its worthwhile to migrate considering the small incremental $$ but improved online experience.;)

Cheers.

mezo
03-06-11, 18:47
Normally its OTP modem to wireless router but is it possible to connect the OTP modem to the inbuilt LAN network and come out to the wireless router (at masterbed room)?

Hi,

Will like to share my 1st day experience of using the Starhub MaxInfinity (100Mbps) broadband vs my previous MaxOnline (16Mbps) broadband.

1. Setup
- to avoid further trunking, all equipment must be in the swtichbox area
- this include the broadband box, wireless router, base-station of your Cordless phone (mine is the bundled service)

2. Coverage
- the living room coverage will, logically, be the best since its located near the switchbox
- A speedtest showed that download speed is over 60Mbps, wireless :)
- reduced coverage for my study and no coverage for my Masterbed room and children room :doh:

3. Additional equipment :2cents:
- Added an Aztech power-plug for my study for Lan connection
- Download speed is now more than 50Mbps
- Intend to add a wireless-lan booster for my Masterbed room (PC show here I come!!)

4. Overall experience :spliff:
- The surfing speed is now over 5 times from my previous setup, as I had about 10Mbps download speed previously
- Watching youtube and online video is now a breeze!!! :D

In short, its worthwhile to migrate considering the small incremental $$ but improved online experience.;)

Cheers.

BIC
03-06-11, 23:49
Normally its OTP modem to wireless router but is it possible to connect the OTP modem to the inbuilt LAN network and come out to the wireless router (at masterbed room)?

Not sure mezo.

The problem is the termination point of the OpenNet point.

You can ask the technician during installation. But prepare for the worse case scenario.

Cheers.

i0east
04-06-11, 10:54
Hi Mezo, BIC,
Last time I tried, I connected the otp to the inbuilt LAN network. There are 4 cables, numbered 1-4, got to trial and error which is which. I think #4 is for the living rm. Even though I placed the router at the center of the living rm, the signal strength in the mbr is still weak.
May have to get a booster like BIC suggested, :-). Getting my setup this coming Monday by starhub, similar plan as BIC, I think. Cheers.

BIC
04-06-11, 13:11
Hi Mezo, BIC,
Last time I tried, I connected the otp to the inbuilt LAN network. There are 4 cables, numbered 1-4, got to trial and error which is which. I think #4 is for the living rm. Even though I placed the router at the center of the living rm, the signal strength in the mbr is still weak.
May have to get a booster like BIC suggested, :-). Getting my setup this coming Monday by starhub, similar plan as BIC, I think. Cheers.

This or its equivalent will help to boost the wireless signal from the router. :D

Wireless WL556E Portable 300Mbps Wireless-N RepeaterView Other Models selectGR7000WL852RT4WL852RT4-TWL557RT4WL552USBWL558USBWL556E http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_main_b.gif
Benefits•

•Extend wireless signal to areas not reached by router
or access point
Plug directly into any power socket without external power adapter
Use within wireless range without data cable connection
to the network
Enable wired network to be WiFi-ready through LAN port
Useful Information- Datasheet (ftp://ftp.aztech.com/aztech/Brochure/DataSheets/Aztech%20WL556E%20DataSheet%20Black.pdf)
- Downloads (http://www.aztech.com/Support/drivers.html)- WL556E Front View (http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_view01_b.gif)
- WL556E Bottom View
(http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_view02_b.gif)- WL556E In-Use View (http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_view03_b.gif)- On YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMP_PVgPO2M) http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Icons/WAP.gifhttp://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/wireless_wl556e_s.gif (http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_view01.gif) Available in white http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Icons/ProdBestFor.jpg
http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_diagram_b.jpg (http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_diagram_b.jpg)

http://www.aztech.com/sg/images/Products/Wireless/WL556E_pins_b.gifInnovative Portable Wireless-N Repeater
in Any Power Outlet in Any Home, Office
or HotspotAztech WL556E, Portable 300Mbps Wireless-N Extender , expands the wireless range of your network without you needing to connect it to the network through a data cable.
Simply plug the innovative Aztech WL556E into any available wall socket or into the electrical power extension cord where it is within range of your wireless router. The portable wireless repeater picks up wireless signals and bounces them off to blind spot areas where wireless signals are unstable or inconsistent.
Since Aztech WL556E reaches out to blind spot areas wirelessly, it builds a more stable wireless network and saves on cabling or wiring costs.
Convert Modem-Router to Wireless-N Access Point
Turn a regular modem-router into a WiFi-ready networking device by simply connecting Ethernet cable from any Ethernet LAN port of the device to the Ethernet port of Aztech WL556E. The portable wireless repeater acts as a wireless access point

SBF
25-07-11, 17:48
U guys are amazing... looks like a strong and cohesive community forming.
Great for the estate definetely! not too great for the outsource contractors ... hee hee

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce a revolutionary new product to you; Strand Woven Bamboo.

Strand woven bamboo is applicable for both indoor flooring and outdoor decking and is considered a sustainable building material not only because it is harvested from FSC/Sustainable sources, but also because of its low volatile organic content (VOC), as well as its manufacturing and installation process.

Bamboo is commonly used for scaffolding so it is certainly strong enough for your flooring needs. It features a high strength to weight ratio and can easily carry countless times its own weight. Strand Woven Bamboo is as tough as Maple and it is 50% harder and more stable when compared to Red Oak. According to the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), Strand Woven Bamboo also tops the list of frequently used wood types in term of dimensional stability.

Styleline’s products have all been certified under the Singapore Green Label scheme, issued by the Singapore Environment Council. With a full range of test reports available, you can have peace of mind that you are getting a product that has been certified and tested to be stronger, more durable and environmentally friendly.

A whole host of options are available to you in terms of designs, we have 11 standard colors for our indoor flooring.

At Styleline, we have installed more than 400,000ft2 of indoor flooring and more than 700,000ft2 of external decking locally in Singapore.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2293/img0015zi.th.jpg[/URL]

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6185/dasso2010.th.jpg[/URL]

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2053/dscf6694.th.jpg[/URL]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Style-Line/111716342246539

https://picasaweb.google.com/107558321126877783822/

For samples, details and more information, or even to ask a simple question, please do not hesitate to contact

SBF
[email protected]

BIC
26-07-11, 23:58
Dear Owners,

Long time no see!! :D

Just want to share that there is another commercial site at Paya Lebar put up for sale. This one is opposite Katong Shopping Complex.

Looks like the redevelopment in this area is gathering steam!!;)

Cheers.

ecimbew
27-07-11, 22:28
http://www.ura.gov.sg/skyline/skyline11/skyline11-03/skylineimages/06-01.jpg

I was starring at the image of the site. There's a long kang dividing this plot. It will be interesting. Remember how 313 Somerset is built? Hopefully it means good business.

howgozit
27-07-11, 23:09

I was starring at the image of the site. There's a long kang dividing this plot. It will be interesting. Remember how 313 Somerset is built? Hopefully it means good business.

2 triangle plots of land divided by stream of water flowing through it.... hmm... I wonder what the Fengshui guys have to say about this.

DaytonaSS
28-07-11, 00:24
2 triangle plots of land divided by stream of water flowing through it.... hmm... I wonder what the Fengshui guys have to say about this.

Harmful Water Environments
Avoid sites located on or in view of the following:
• Fast moving water with steep banks.
• Sea cliffs or waterfalls.
• Sharp turns along water courses.
• Straight runs: long inlets or long water fingers such as canals, especially if the site or structure is located at the end of the run.
• Crashing water: breakers, rapids, and surf. White water over rocks is especially destructive.
• Tidal areas were water sets in fast.
• Areas with erratic water patterns such as flash flood creeks, deltas, flood plains, gullies, and swamps.
• Stagnant water of any type: marshes, swamps, treatment plants, and stagnant swimming pools.
• Frozen lakes

BIC
28-07-11, 11:14

Hi ecimbew,

A very good pic of the site. Good or bad fengshui, the developer or future shop owners will find ways to handle this.:D

Its long overdue for this big piece of land to be developed.

Huat ah!!!:spliff:

mezo
01-08-11, 21:59
Dear Owners,

Long time no see!! :D

Just want to share that there is another commercial site at Paya Lebar put up for sale. This one is opposite Katong Shopping Complex.

Looks like the redevelopment in this area is gathering steam!!;)

Cheers.

What type of commercial development will it be? Office? Shopping complex? Or mixed?

ecimbew
01-08-11, 22:09
Hi ecimbew,

A very good pic of the site. Good or bad fengshui, the developer or future shop owners will find ways to handle this.:D

Its long overdue for this big piece of land to be developed.

Huat ah!!!:spliff:

Not my photo. It's from ura.

BIC
02-08-11, 09:42
What type of commercial development will it be? Office? Shopping complex? Or mixed?

My guess will be office spaces, in line in making Paya Lebar the commercial hub away from CBD, where office spaces are in hot($$) demand.

The new developement at the current Lion City Hotel site should provide the retail demand for the area.

It will be an exciting 5 years in the area!!! $2,000 psf? mezo, you think so? :D

Huat ah!!!

BIC
04-09-11, 11:01
Dear Owners in these areas,

Huat ah!!!

Cheers. :spliff:

Changes to transform Paya Lebar, Geylang into commercial hub

Published on Sep 3, 2011

They have long been seen as a bit sleepy, seedy and rundown but Paya Lebar and Geylang are undergoing radical changes that will transform them into a commercial hub - with some good spin-offs for home owners along the way. -- PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

By Cheryl Lim

They have long been seen as a bit sleepy, seedy and rundown but Paya Lebar and Geylang are undergoing radical changes that will transform them into a commercial hub - with some good spin-offs for home owners along the way.

Hotels, shops, parks and other facilities are on the drawing board for the area, as part of the the Urban Redevelopment Authority's 2008 Masterplan.
There is about 12 ha of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft.

The new Paya Lebar Central is poised to be a bustling commercial centre near the MRT station, with a mix of office, retail, hotel developments and attractive public spaces.

mezo
06-09-11, 21:04
Not sure mezo.

The problem is the termination point of the OpenNet point.

You can ask the technician during installation. But prepare for the worse case scenario.

Cheers.

Signed up M1 $39 100mbps plan and later called me to say OpenNet reject our application because there is no demand.

Can they do this!!!

BIC
08-09-11, 01:10
Signed up M1 $39 100mbps plan and later called me to say OpenNet reject our application because there is no demand.

Can they do this!!!

Gosh.....I smell a rat!! :banghead:

However, with OpenNet cables already laid....I do not see how they can reject any Telco carrier.

Very strange indeed.

BIC
12-09-11, 11:40
Hi,

How time flies. Last year we had a simple celebration and gathering during the mid-autumn festival...;)

This year, no time to organise. Will still go down to the pool this evening with the kids and their lanterns etc.

Cheers. :D

BIC
07-01-12, 13:16
Wow,

We have our 1st Council formed. Cool!! :D

mezo,

Are you one of the Council member? If so, congrats!!! Glad at least someone from this forum is a Council member.

Cheers.

:spliff:

mezo
09-01-12, 20:26
Actually, we were waiting for you to turn up and support you. We were talking about you during the nomination and were contemplating volunteering you in your absence....

Wow,

We have our 1st Council formed. Cool!! :D

mezo,

Are you one of the Council member? If so, congrats!!! Glad at least someone from this forum is a Council member.

Cheers.

:spliff:

BIC
09-01-12, 22:14
Actually, we were waiting for you to turn up and support you. We were talking about you during the nomination and were contemplating volunteering you in your absence....

Thanks. I had to rush off to RWS for the family retreat. Hence, couldn't hang around for the AGM.

Glad you are in the Council and feel free to use this forum to gather views from the residents...ha ha :D

All thes best and congrats again!!:cheers4:

marktkt22
03-02-12, 07:02
Bro,
Chk with you, how the MA for your estate ?i think it TEAMS,
How their performance so far

BIC
08-02-12, 22:27
Bro,
Chk with you, how the MA for your estate ?i think it TEAMS,
How their performance so far

From my perspectve, they are doing a fine job. After more than 1.5yrs, the place is still well-maintained and clean:) . We are still having the same set of clearners and everyone seems cordial.

Will leave the rest to provide their views.

Cheers. :D

marktkt22
09-02-12, 07:10
Thanks BIC,
appreciate your feedback ....
Can alway count on you in this thread..

Glad you are enjoying your stay.
With the redevelopment ongoing at paya lebar. It definitely going to be great area to stay

BIC
09-02-12, 22:31
Thanks BIC,
appreciate your feedback ....
Can alway count on you in this thread..

Glad you are enjoying your stay.
With the redevelopment ongoing at paya lebar. It definitely going to be great area to stay

Don't mention. :D

Cheers.