PDA

View Full Version : The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

meesiammaihum
02-03-07, 13:24
The East. Where treasures await. Where cultural heritage and a modern lifestyle merge in perfect harmony.

Situated on 382,000 square feet of freehold land, The Sea View puts you in close proximity to amenities that matter: top schools, key transportation points, trendy gourmet bistros and the idyllic East Coast Park.

Rising 23 storeys high, the six majestic towers offer inspiring views of water and greenery. The Sea View promises a complete lifestyle within its immaculately landscaped grounds. Stroll across the manicured lawn, curl up with a good book in the reading sanctuary or relax in the tranquility of the Zen alcove. Unwind in the jacuzzi, lounge around the sprawling, free-form leisure pool or keep in shape with the jogging trail and fitness stations. Let the kids enjoy the many child-friendly features like the fun jet pool, amphitheatre or adventure corner. For a touch of heritage, a historic beach house will be restored for recreational activities.

Clean, fluid lines and graceful architecture are the marks of The Sea View's timeless style. Natural light through large picture windows illuminates each apartment, making the most of the spectacular views. Each superbly fitted kitchen provides the perfect environment for your culinary indulgence. Spacious balconies allow for alfresco dining and relaxation.

The 546 well-appointed apartments and penthouses boast elegant interiors to make an intimate home. It is ideal living that the discerning will surely appreciate.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1905/ptyseaviewiu3.jpg

Unregistered
02-03-07, 14:05
OK. I work at parkway and i passed this every day. From what I have seen of the completion so far, the building is not impressive, looks rather like premium HDB flats at Buangkok.

Unregistered
10-05-07, 19:35
It says that The Sea View puts you in close proximity to amenities that matter - top schools.
From what I understand, only two blocks in this development are within 1km from
Tao Nan. Does anybody know which are the two blocks?

Unregistered
24-05-07, 18:12
Now that Paramount Hotel site next to The Sea View is going for En-Bloc, the potential for price appreciation for The Sea View is tremendous.

If the developers break even cost is $1100psf then they have to price the new project at least for $1300 - 1400psf !!

Read report:

Paramount Hotel site being sold for $200m
Published May 24, 2007
By ARTHUR SIM

"" Indeed, Mr Han believes that based on current prices for new property launches in the East Coast area, this could prove to be the better option. 'Prices for recent residential projects like CapitaLand's The Seafront on Meyer and GuocoLand's The View @ Meyer transacted between $1,500 and $1,800 psf, reflecting a new high in the Katong, Meyer and Amber Road residential enclave,' he said.

Based on the possible redevelopment of the site into a condominium with a plot ratio of about 2.1, Mr Han estimates that a developer might pay $830 psf per plot ratio for the site. 'The breakeven cost could be around $1,100 psf,' he added. ""

Unregistered
24-05-07, 18:17
It says that The Sea View puts you in close proximity to amenities that matter - top schools.
From what I understand, only two blocks in this development are within 1km from
Tao Nan. Does anybody know which are the two blocks?

Tao Nan is a top school?

Unregistered
24-05-07, 18:52
Now that Paramount Hotel site next to The Sea View is going for En-Bloc, the potential for price appreciation for The Sea View is tremendous.

If the developers break even cost is $1100psf then they have to price the new project at least for $1300 - 1400psf !!

Read report:

Paramount Hotel site being sold for $200m
Published May 24, 2007
By ARTHUR SIM

"" Indeed, Mr Han believes that based on current prices for new property launches in the East Coast area, this could prove to be the better option. 'Prices for recent residential projects like CapitaLand's The Seafront on Meyer and GuocoLand's The View @ Meyer transacted between $1,500 and $1,800 psf, reflecting a new high in the Katong, Meyer and Amber Road residential enclave,' he said.

Based on the possible redevelopment of the site into a condominium with a plot ratio of about 2.1, Mr Han estimates that a developer might pay $830 psf per plot ratio for the site. 'The breakeven cost could be around $1,100 psf,' he added. ""

amber area
24-05-07, 18:52
Sea View is asking for $1100 psf now! Oh my god... how can I ever afford anything there any more.

Meyer
24-05-07, 21:38
Sea View is asking for $1100 psf now! Oh my god... how can I ever afford anything there any more.

Go to The Belvedere, The View @ Meyer or Seafront On Meyer lah.
The area is much better than Seaview.

Unregistered
25-05-07, 09:40
Well in terms of amenities ( mall, access to neighbouring HDB food center,wet market,etc etc ) and public transport a mere stone throw away,
this location cannot beat Meyer......

Unregistered
28-05-07, 12:13
Any comments / views on this project - when its TOP, design, finishings, quality of developer, etc, etc....

Unregistered
28-05-07, 16:27
Well in terms of amenities ( mall, access to neighbouring HDB food center,wet market,etc etc ) and public transport a mere stone throw away,
this location cannot beat Meyer......

You mean Meyer cannot beat this location!

SEA VIEW
28-05-07, 16:30
Any comments / views on this project - when its TOP, design, finishings, quality of developer, etc, etc....

Wheelock Properties are a HK company listed in Singapore and are one of the most luxury-centered developers in Singapore.

All of their properties are price leaders in their own locations. Watch out for Scotts Square, which will be super luxurious and overtake Orchard Turn as THE property to own in the whole of Singapore.

Meyer
28-05-07, 16:55
You mean Meyer cannot beat this location!

This location cannot beat Meyer lah.

Unregistered
28-05-07, 17:11
If Meyer is so good, why haven't any luxury developers bought into Meyer? So far the only developers there are Capitaland, Hong Leong, and Guocoland. Where are the prestige developers like Wheelock, SC Global and Wing Tai? Is it because they think Meyer Road is overvalued?

Seaview
28-05-07, 18:27
Seaview is the best. Meyer is the worst.

Seaview better than Meyer. Seaview better than Marina Bay. Seaview better than Orchard.

Everybody queuing for Seaview. Prices will go tenfold.
Everybody dumping Meyer. Everybody dumping Marina Bay. Everybody dumping Orchard.

ViewSea
28-05-07, 18:47
Seaview is blinded by the sea.

Unregistered
04-06-07, 09:57
GOOD NEWS for all SEAVIEW owners

May Caveat shows last transacted price of a 4 bedroom
1647sq ft at 2 million - works out to 1214 psf !!!

check out : www.ura.gov.sg

SEA Water
05-06-07, 11:00
Great - just wait till TOP and prices will reach a new high as this
project has a large land area - footprint - in comparison to other
new projects in the area - eg Esta, One Amber. And with Wheelock
as the developer it will set a new quality standard in the East.
Cheers...

maryland
11-06-07, 21:28
So when is the TOP for The Sea View?
:)

Unregistered
12-06-07, 11:13
So when is the TOP for The Sea View?
:)

End 2007 or first quarter 2008 max

Unregistered
13-06-07, 18:31
Hello: can any one comment on Wheelock's project in terms
of quality, fittings, space planning, workmanship, etc.....
need to decide between The SeaView and the other new Amber
projects... cheers.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 00:52
Well, their Grange Residences has always been very very popular with expats. Good quality finishing and layout. Wheelock never do slipshod work, as they are very concerned about their image and reputation. Unlike some other developers...

Unregistered
28-06-07, 11:53
GOOD NEWS FOR ALL SEA VIEW OWNERS......

New development by Hor Kee along East Coast Rd ( less than 50m from
Sea View condo ).... to be launched at $1500 psf

This is good for the Sea View which has a much larger land
area with full condo facilities and built by a reputable luxury
developer, Wheelock.

HOR KEE PLANNING NEW DEVELOPMENT ...

"" The development at 42 East Coast Road is a 17-storey freehold project situated next to Paramount Shopping Centre and Paramount Hotel, which was recently up for sale at around $200 million. With a total saleable area of 64,200 sq ft, it will comprise a mix of apartments, duplex units, penthouses and commercial units. Hor Kew estimates that units might sell at around $1,500 per sq ft. The property will be launched later this year or early next year. ""

surr-prised
12-07-07, 13:12
WOW - Sea View is now priced between 1300 to 1500 psf !!

Seems this project is hot as not many sellers and those that are
selling holding well....

Unregistered
13-07-07, 22:24
seaview @1300 to 1500psf? for amber / marine parade? i find better value along meyer. i will pick up either belevedere or seafront at any time man.

surr-prised
14-07-07, 17:07
seaview @1300 to 1500psf? for amber / marine parade? i find better value along meyer. i will pick up either belevedere or seafront at any time man.

yes agreed but SeaView is close to amenities, build by a reputable luxury developer and land size is huge.....

CHSWCLB
18-07-07, 16:47

Wait till you read this :

1. New Project(FH) appt (not full condo) opposite Chinese Swimming Club
(Amber Rd) to be launched at 1500psf onwards.......... "sounds crazy" ?!
wait here's more.....

2. Junction of Haig Road/ Mountbatten Rd - next to Katong Shpg Ctr
by AGLOW developers - a 5 storey apt(FH) - price 1300psf... about
35 units only....

3. Still Road (FH)- (along east coat rd) - apts launching soon - price
range 1K psf ++......

4. Far East Amberville (99)- 1200psf onwards.......

will put my money on Sea View any time man......
huge land size makes it look grand and with full condo
facilities it will be a fun place to live.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 12:18
Is it going to TOP soon

Unregistered
26-03-08, 18:10
The Seaview? They should change the name to The No Seaview!

Unregistered
26-03-08, 18:33
The Seaview? They should change the name to The No Seaview!

The Seano View

Unregistered
26-03-08, 18:41
many sour grapes - salivating at such a beautiful project - too bad they r
unable to buy it.....

Unregistered
26-03-08, 23:04
The Seano View

Hwo about THE VIEW NO SEA??

Unregistered
27-03-08, 09:46
Apart from bering newer, spacious, and bigger land compared to the rest like eg. One Amber and The ESTA, its really nothing fantastic and the resale is still going for 1200 to 1400 psf ?

Unregistered
27-03-08, 09:48
hmmmm sour grape eaters.......

Unregistered
27-03-08, 10:03
yep yep yep yep

Unregistered
27-03-08, 14:26
prices will go up

Unregistered
27-03-08, 15:58
Apart from bering newer, spacious, and bigger land compared to the rest like eg. One Amber and The ESTA, its really nothing fantastic and the resale is still going for 1200 to 1400 psf ?

u call that "nothing fantastic" ???

just list out 5 new condos that have bigger land and the blocks are spacious and far apart - its a rare commodity nowadays.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 16:04
Sea View? SEA VIEW??

LUM PAR ah!

Maybe only can see next door or opposite chio bu see hum view lah!

Unregistered
27-03-08, 16:13
whether SeaView, SeaHum or See whatever... prices will go up, waiting only for the right market to sell, and to buy ? What you all think is a realistic price leh ?

Unregistered
31-03-08, 14:13
There are 500+ units in SeaView, and if you check propertyguru.com.sg there are 120+ units putting up for sale. Is the project fully sold and these are sub-sales or there seems to be alot of unsold units due to whatever reasons. Anybody knows ?

Unregistered
31-03-08, 18:18
There are 500+ units in SeaView, and if you check propertyguru.com.sg there are 120+ units putting up for sale. Is the project fully sold and these are sub-sales or there seems to be alot of unsold units due to whatever reasons. Anybody knows ?

Yeah, my 1 unit was put on sale by 50 agents and another of my frend unit was also put on sale by another 70 agents. So you have 2 units becomes 120 units on sale in the market.

Yes. It was fully sold.....long long time ago. Average psf at that time was around $750-$850psf.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 16:28
This is very misleading. They are asking for different prices, psf $ for the same unit I think. Must the agents very free now, and sellers desperate to sell... serious buyers should wait. Be more realistic.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 16:51
This is very misleading. They are asking for different prices, psf $ for the same unit I think. Must the agents very free now, and sellers desperate to sell... serious buyers should wait. Be more realistic.
You can say whatever you want about the agents.
Don't drag the sellers into it.
The sellers are not desperate to sell. Prices are going up. Why should they?
Agents are eager to grab everything for themselves.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/CNAlogo.gif
HDB and private property prices up in Q1 flash estimates
Channel NewsAsia
Tuesday, 1 April 2008, 1345 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpqVz7c1.jpg

Private residential property prices in Singapore rose 4.2% in the first quarter this year, according to the latest preliminary estimates from the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

The pace was slower than the 6.8% clip recorded in the fourth quarter of last year.

On a quarter on quarter basis, the biggest rise in property prices for non-landed properties came from the central districts just outside the prime postal districts of 9, 10 and 11.

Prices in these central areas (i.e. RCR) increased 7.7% in January to March, compared with the October to December period.

Properties in the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11, as well as the downtown area and Sentosa (i.e. CCR), rose 7.5% on quarter.

And those in the rest of Singapore (i.e. OCR) advanced about 7% in the first quarter from the previous three months.

The preliminary estimates are based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first 10 weeks of the quarter, as well as the number of new units sold.

Meantime, the Housing and Development Board says prices of HDB resale flats rose 3.4% in the January to March period over the previous three months.

This is lower than the 5.7% increase in the fourth quarter.

Both the URA and HDB will release final figures at the end of April.

The URA said in its release, that as at 4th Quarter 2007,there are about 64,900 private residential units in the pipeline, of which about 56,100 new private housing units are expected to be completed between 2008 and 2011.

There are also some 38,300 units that have yet to be put on sale by developers.

As for the supply of government flats, the HDB said it had made available in the first quarter of this year, some 1,100 new flats in two Build-To-Order (BTO) projects in Punggol and Yishun.

It said that depending on demand, there could be another 5,000 new BTO flats in towns such as Punggol, Sengkang, Woodlands and Bukit Panjang.

The total planned BTO supply of 6,100 new flats for January till September 2008 will surpass the annual BTO flat supply in 2007 and 2006.

This new supply of flats will be in addition to those offered under Balloting Exercises for surplus replacement SERS and other flats, as well as the planned release of three Design-and-Build sites in Simei, Toa Payoh and Bedok with some 1,500 flats in the 1st half of 2008.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 22:35
if not desperate to sell why market at all. Wait till 2015 then you can triple your gain.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 23:45
You can say whatever you want about the agents.
Don't drag the sellers into it.
The sellers are not desperate to sell. Prices are going up. Why should they?
Agents are eager to grab everything for themselves.

This one looks like a desperate seller posting the % not the fact about the numbers and sentiments. Same post appear in a few thread liao... Post your unit here for bidding lar, see anyone will bring from you ? Any bidders out there ???

Unregistered
01-04-08, 23:46
Ya ya ya... $1000 psf...

Unregistered
01-04-08, 23:50
My suggestion to all ppty owners is to continue to hold your units. Don't let go easily. It comes to a point very soon that ppl will start to realize that in order to preserve their assets value is to invest in ppty to hedge the monster inflation that looming into Asia.

Mark my words, Singapore ppty prices will continue to appreciate and double in a year or two.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 00:10
This one looks like a desperate seller posting the % not the fact about the numbers and sentiments. Same post appear in a few thread liao... Post your unit here for bidding lar, see anyone will bring from you ? Any bidders out there ???
You mean the news isn't from CNA, he fabricated the news?

Be careful with what you say. I saw this piece of news in CNA. I think he just copied and pasted the news here.

URA
02-04-08, 00:22
Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged

Project Name . Price ........... Floor Area . Price ........ Date Of Option
The Sea View ... $1,459,200 . 1,216sqft .... $1,200psf . Mar 08
The Sea View ... $2,190,500 . 1,647sqft .... $1,330psf . Feb 08
The Sea View ... $1,738,000 . 1,216sqft .... $1,429psf . Feb 08
The Sea View ... $2,223,000 . 1,647sqft .... $1,350psf . Jan 08
The Sea View ... $1,776,600 . 1,410sqft .... $1,260psf . Jan 08

Unregistered
02-04-08, 09:34
What are the units available for sale now? Did some research on the area and still feel Sea View will be of long term value. Looking forward to have some information, thanks.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 11:49
What is the average price now for Tanjong Rhu area? I have a unit at Palazzetto for sale.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 12:42

Project Name . Price ........... Floor Area . Price ........ Date Of Option
The Sea View ... $1,459,200 . 1,216sqft .... $1,200psf . Mar 08
The Sea View ... $2,190,500 . 1,647sqft .... $1,330psf . Feb 08
The Sea View ... $1,738,000 . 1,216sqft .... $1,429psf . Feb 08
The Sea View ... $2,223,000 . 1,647sqft .... $1,350psf . Jan 08
The Sea View ... $1,776,600 . 1,410sqft .... $1,260psf . Jan 08

ai yah these are the transacted prices, not necessary to buy at these same prices. A group of us are going in to test/try the agents/sellers at $1000 - $1100 psf... a few are enbloc'kers, sure to buy, but at the right prices for the right project... Any agents out there on this forum?

Unregistered
02-04-08, 14:01
ai yah these are the transacted prices, not necessary to buy at these same prices. A group of us are going in to test/try the agents/sellers at $1000 - $1100 psf... a few are enbloc'kers, sure to buy, but at the right prices for the right project... Any agents out there on this forum?
Why don't try at $100-110 psf?

Unregistered
02-04-08, 20:27
Why don't try at $100-110 psf?

They will tell you that you came 30 years too late. Try again in your next life....if there is one.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 22:23

Property market may stay quiet for up to a year
Posted by lushhomeonline on April 2, 2008

Home prices, sales could remain weak as US sub-prime concerns linger

A MONTH ago, property consultants were predicting that the cooling market would pick up after June. That optimism has fast drained away.

Consultants now expect home prices and sales to remain weak for up to a year from now, after official estimates yesterday confirmed that price growth was tapering off.

‘We can expect residential prices to continue weakening over the next 12 months’, in the light of the United States sub-prime debacle and an expected US recession, said Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).

Other consultancies, such as CB Richard Ellis Research, believe price growth will slow further in the second quarter, to ‘1 per cent or 2 per cent’.

Home sales are also plunging as buyers retreat - and they are expected to stay low as sellers dig in their heels to wait out the slowdown.

New home sales were likely to have dropped in the first quarter to one of the lowest levels ever, second only to those recorded during the Sars period.

In the secondary market, sales have fallen to 2005 levels, according to estimates from Savills Singapore.

Mid-tier private properties on the city fringe, such as in Novena, Toa Payoh, Marine Parade and Queenstown, are likely to be hardest hit by falling buyer demand.

These areas saw the biggest slowdown in price growth in the first 10 weeks of the year, suggesting that prices in these regions may be peaking, said JLL.

Buyers in these areas have shallower pockets and are more sensitive to market sentiment, it added.

(Oh NO! Oh NO! Oh NO! Oh NO! Oh NO!!!!).... prices in these areas are peak liao...

Unregistered
03-04-08, 10:35
going to TOP soon

Unregistered
04-04-08, 14:03
When TOP sure got alot put up for sale.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 20:52
When TOP sure got alot put up for sale.

That is a good news. Me and my frends are waiting to buy. Thanks for the infos. Waiting. Understand a lot of foreigners are also waiting. Waiting. Am waiting.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 21:20
Was there at the site to have a look after so many talks about it, and also to find out how potentially the Silversea will pen out and add to the already 'populated' high-rise jungle or woods to block most views of the surrounding projects. Walk all round SeaView and manage to walk into the Silversea site also. Don't will buy SeaView now, as the more I look at it the whole CDA and Silversea will block everything and almost seaview units from The Sea View. Sorry... I will wait till Silversea launch in May/June and TSV's TOP to see what will be the reaction on prices. Those bot mid-floor with sea-view units and paid some $1300 to $1400 psf may have a problem, alot of people including foriegners will bid it downwards I think... Better hold on and go on-site to have a good look yourself...

Unregistered
05-04-08, 23:26
Yup I think so. Was also there to take a closer look. Price may drop when no view left. Remember few years ago when Costa Del Sol was built, The Bayshore prices drop like anything. I'm afraid this will be the same.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 20:23
Yup I think so. Was also there to take a closer look. Price may drop when no view left. Remember few years ago when Costa Del Sol was built, The Bayshore prices drop like anything. I'm afraid this will be the same.

You don't have to be afraid. Bayshore is Bayshore. The Seaview is The Seaview. Is Bayshore near to Parkway or The Seaview? The Seaview is freehold, whereas Silversea is 99 years. Will Silversea selling $800psf? NO.

Understand that Silversea is going somewhere $1500 (from what I heard). Actually, Silversea will push and pull The Seaview and others condos nearby to a higher price. That is why many are waiting and looking for Silversea to start their launch.

Why Mr. Mah refuses to reinstate DFS? Cos this smart guy knows that the price of Singapore properties are going to go up even higher in due time. This pause is 'so happened' of US sub-prime rate. And the issue is going to die down soon. When that happens, with so many projects and most important 2 IR coming.....NO HORSE run. Don't forget, he see the whole view of Singapore developments. He knows even better than the other developers.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 22:51
You don't have to be afraid. Bayshore is Bayshore. The Seaview is The Seaview. Is Bayshore near to Parkway or The Seaview? The Seaview is freehold, whereas Silversea is 99 years. Will Silversea selling $800psf? NO.

Understand that Silversea is going somewhere $1500 (from what I heard). Actually, Silversea will push and pull The Seaview and others condos nearby to a higher price. That is why many are waiting and looking for Silversea to start their launch.

Why Mr. Mah refuses to reinstate DFS? Cos this smart guy knows that the price of Singapore properties are going to go up even higher in due time. This pause is 'so happened' of US sub-prime rate. And the issue is going to die down soon. When that happens, with so many projects and most important 2 IR coming.....NO HORSE run. Don't forget, he see the whole view of Singapore developments. He knows even better than the other developers.

Really, lets see. Let there be Horse to run at all. Anyway if price goes down will buy another unit to rent out, if prices goes up then sell my unit. Win-Win situation.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 10:51

too high and you price yourself out of the market ...

Unregistered
07-04-08, 11:42

Well i suppose not everyone who buys the SeaView project have the
"view of the sea" in mind..... as only a handful of units face south and
majority face inside the condo (pool view and facing greenery ).

Those units on high floor above 15th in blks 29,31,33 will still get pockets
of the sea views.

Buyers looking for a unit in The SeaView will go for other factors :

1. Land size

2. Distance between blocks

( go on site at Amber rd and see project like Esta and Cote - blocks are packed so close together - yet ppl go for it and pay sky high prices for Cote - at one time units at Cote were going for such low prices and yet nobody wanted - as quality and room sizes ridiculous)

3. Freehold status

4. Quality and reputable luxury developer - Wheelock

Unregistered
07-04-08, 17:36
Well i suppose not everyone who buys the SeaView project have the
"view of the sea" in mind..... as only a handful of units face south and
majority face inside the condo (pool view and facing greenery ).

Those units on high floor above 15th in blks 29,31,33 will still get pockets
of the sea views.

Buyers looking for a unit in The SeaView will go for other factors :

1. Land size

2. Distance between blocks

( go on site at Amber rd and see project like Esta and Cote - blocks are packed so close together - yet ppl go for it and pay sky high prices for Cote - at one time units at Cote were going for such low prices and yet nobody wanted - as quality and room sizes ridiculous)

3. Freehold status

4. Quality and reputable luxury developer - Wheelock

ok, agreed, my views are the same. How much you willing to sell ?

Unregistered
07-04-08, 18:02
ok, agreed, my views are the same. How much you willing to sell ?

not keen to sell as i look around the amber rd area n there is none as comparable to this project so i suppose its best to hold on whether for
own stay or as an investment

if this project was to launch now developer would definitely price it at
minimum 1500psf on average

on marine parade road Tiong Aik is launching on the former enbloc site
of sea breeze apts - its FH and developer waiting for better days to launch
on avg 1500 upwards

across The Sea View - Voda Land launched Amber Resd at 1400-1800psf
last year.....

Unregistered
10-04-08, 15:23
TOP expected end this week or next week... owners will be testing market on rental expected by 4 to 4.5 psf rental mark. Some info of lower floors asking for about $1000 psf to let go, not sure about view and facing, should be 7th floor or below. Anybody got more info ?

Unregistered
10-04-08, 15:53
Units facing the Rose Garden, owners avg cost is 650 to 700 max

So if you want to buy now u can press down price to 800 or 850psf
as some owners may not want to take up the loan upon TOP and just
dump these units.

after all the facing is not good and later on when Rose Graden is torn down
for another condo, it will be messy and noisy. Perhaps price may be pressed lower....

Of course this DOES NOT apply to units on the higher floor facing pool and
sea ( south facing ).

Unregistered
11-04-08, 09:59
Units facing the Rose Garden, owners avg cost is 650 to 700 max

So if you want to buy now u can press down price to 800 or 850psf
as some owners may not want to take up the loan upon TOP and just
dump these units.

after all the facing is not good and later on when Rose Graden is torn down
for another condo, it will be messy and noisy. Perhaps price may be pressed lower....

Of course this DOES NOT apply to units on the higher floor facing pool and
sea ( south facing ).

Any sellers out there, or agents representing sellers ? pls contact interested potential buyers here.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 18:03
[QUOTE=Unregistered]Any sellers out there, or agents representing sellers ? pls contact interested potential buyers here.[/QUOTE

..You pick a good time to go in.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 19:05
[QUOTE=Unregistered]Any sellers out there, or agents representing sellers ? pls contact interested potential buyers here.[/QUOTE

..You pick a good time to go in.

Ya have to, alot of my bro are waiting for info they ask to check things out, so I'm here (and also some other forum) to check out lor... so got agents/sellers contact us but still feel not right price.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 19:56
[QUOTE=Unregistered]

Ya have to, alot of my bro are waiting for info they ask to check things out, so I'm here (and also some other forum) to check out lor... so got agents/sellers contact us but still feel not right price.

so what price is right for you - 700psf 800psf 900psf 1k psf 1.1k psf

even if market drop to 600 also u will be so scared to buy .....

latour
14-04-08, 20:53
[quote=Unregistered]

so what price is right for you - 700psf 800psf 900psf 1k psf 1.1k psf

even if market drop to 600 also u will be so scared to buy .....

Hi there, I'm seriously considering. If anyone selling SeaView unit let me know.

Darius
19-04-08, 14:14
I am interested in the 1200 sf , 3 bedroon units. Which stack has the best facing with no afternoon sum? I do not mind lower floors. Can one see the actual unit already?

buy
06-05-08, 01:19
dont think got actual unit yet

07-05-08, 14:52
Three blocks out of six TOP last week ; check classifieds - some owners selling so can view actual unit.

lbb
07-05-08, 23:09
Wah.. if got units between 600-700 psf...
who wont want?
even 2nd floor, 1200sf i grab liao.

pm if got lobang leh!(cross fingers in hope)
(:

registered
08-05-08, 13:32
Wah.. if got units between 600-700 psf...
who wont want?
even 2nd floor, 1200sf i grab liao.

pm if got lobang leh!(cross fingers in hope)
(:

WAIT for Yangon typhoon to strike - then u get that price.....

lbb
08-05-08, 21:18
WAIT for Yangon typhoon to strike - then u get that price.....

Haha, dude... I might need a Tsunami along with that also.
Sheesh, Amber area is really hot on Meyer's heels from the look of it.

Any idea when Rose Garden is to be developed?
Far East acquired it right?

DreamHome
09-05-08, 11:59
Does anyone know what is Far East's plan for Rose Garden site? Is it going to be a massive condominium project again?

URA
09-05-08, 19:02

Project Name . Price ............. Floor Area . Price ........ Date Of Option
Aalto ................ $16,275,000 . 5,608sqft ... $2,902psf . Mar 08
Aalto ................ $4,577,000 ... 1,959sqft ... $2,336psf . Feb 08
Aalto ................ $3,142,300 ... 1,442sqft ... $2,179psf . Dec 07
Aalto ................ $3,659,800 ... 2,024sqft ... $1,809psf . Dec 07
Aalto ................ $4,270,300 ... 2,024sqft ... $2,110psf . Dec 07
Aalto ................ $6,269,100 ... 2,443sqft ... $2,565psf . Dec 07

URA
09-05-08, 19:36

Project Name . Price ............. Floor Area . Price PSF..... Date Of Option

AMBER RESIDENCES 3,688,000 2,217 1,663 Jan-08
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,548,000 1,798 1,417 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 1,886,181 1,163 1,623 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 1,708,447 1,163 1,470 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 1,634,492 1,163 1,406 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 3,980,000 2,217 1,795 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,731,271 1,518 1,800 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,524,677 1,798 1,404 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,058,034 1,518 1,356 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,502,242 1,798 1,392 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 4,498,684 2,217 2,029 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,161,239 1,518 1,424 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,246,640 1,518 1,480 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,245,187 1,798 1,249 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,661,040 1,798 1,480 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 1,723,101 1,249 1,380 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 3,365,989 2,217 1,518 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,153,650 1,518 1,419 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 1,960,000 1,163 1,686 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 2,566,956 1,798 1,428 Dec-07
AMBER RESIDENCES 1,497,315 1,163 1,288 Dec-07

Unregistered2
10-05-08, 10:26
very misleading ... the developer may still hold the price but the demand is not there ... Amber Residences only had 1 unit sold since January and AALTO had two. So when u have not much demand but ample supply, it implies a slowdown which might lead to lowering of prices ... a worrying trend.

gbpdem
10-05-08, 11:20
totally spot on ! :)

URA
10-05-08, 12:53
Please la...is not no demand..is almost sold out !!!

Amber Residences only have less than 5 units for sales.

AALTO is 70% sold. Only left the lower floor units..

latour
12-05-08, 10:06
Any units in SeaView selling?
Looking for a 3 bedroom unit... let us know...

Unregistered123
16-05-08, 17:10
We told clients and investors to sell all Singapore holdings (property, stocks and everything else) in June 2007. We determined that prices would never, ever be higher and were predicting a 15% drop in pricing by March 2008 and 25% drop by June 2008.

Rationale was simple and not rocket science.

#1. There was no demand for housing when the boom started.
The vacancy rates on existing housing were above New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and other major urban market levels. A Singapore property boom made no sense at all.

#2. Singapore GDP...nice impressive numbers. But the growth was 99% construction related. There is no economic growth when the construction boom ends and those numbers are subtracted from the total.

#3. The existing luxury housing vacancy levels in Singapore were adequate to fill the needs of Singaporeans and any possible influx of new senior executives for the next 5 years. Thus, there was no demand for executive luxury housing in the market.

#4. Value for money on Singapore property for foreign investors is not good when compared to other projected growth economies. (Several factors are weighed including psf, quality of workmanship, size of economy, projected growth of economy, lifestyle and culture of the market.)

#4. The targeted future population numbers of Singapore are pie in the sky and completely without substance. Singaporeans are not having kids and the demand for jobs in Singapore will be service led lower paying jobs to supply the planned tourism developments. None of these new inhabitants will be buying or renting condo's, especially in the high-end. And tourists visit, they don't buy or rent.

#5. Singapore is not a supply/demand driven economy. It is a small, managed economy. Thus, the property development plans were lofty, risky, and not based on future real supply/demand realities.

#6. There is a lack of real, transparent, objective information available in the Singapore market about the Singapore market. This leads to investors’ belief in hype and speculation rather than economic principles.

#7. Global money supplies and markets are taking a beating and will continue to take a beating. The second call on the sub prime products happens this June so more big losses are expected. This will stall or even damage the Singapore economy.

We expect distress sales in the property market to start soon. The high-end rental market is non-existent and the higher % of all unit sales were high-end investment property, speculator driven.
These buyers need "wealthy" renters to subsidize the million dollar mortgages. Most locals cannot afford the rents the market is demanding.
Surveys of multinational companies and banks have indicated that there is no boat-load of expats with a big housing allowance arriving at the Singapore port anytime soon. The new owner is now stuck with 100% of a very expensive monthly mortgage.

Here is an example of one major high-end development I'm following to prove the point. These are some very telling numbers.
600+ units launched
20+ remaining at $2,000 per square foot via the developer.
100+ units previously sold are now for sale privately less than 7 months after launch for $1,300 to $1,600 per square foot.
The reason...no rental income.
That tells me that property owners are willing to admit that market prices are down 25%+ already. Unfortunately, even at a 25% discount, there are no buyers.

Existing Singapore residents are keeping the rental market buoyant due to the fact they sold their old places and are waiting for the prices to drop...OR...waiting for their new unit to be completed. These people are relatively small in overall numbers and definitely not going to rent high end luxury units. They are driving HDB, middle priced housing rents up right now. They are also demanding 12 month leases or even less if they can get it proving that they are waiting to move or sitting on the sidelines waiting for prices to drop.

The Singapore property market is massively oversupplied today and more units are on the way. This is not good. This is should be extremely troublesome to anyone who owns property anywhere in that market. The potential valuation losses in the property market could be enormous, especially at the high-end. Overall prices could sink well below SARS levels and this could happen within 6 months to a year.

The short lived property boom was very much like a pyramid scheme.
It was all hype and no substance.
The first guys in are now smoking big cigars.
The last guys in are now left holding the ashtray.

condoinvestor
16-05-08, 17:47
[quote=Unregistered123]We told clients and investors to sell all Singapore holdings (property, stocks and everything else) in June 2007. We determined that prices would never, ever be higher and were predicting a 15% drop in pricing by March 2008 and 25% drop by June 2008.
Interesting article, I wonder which company is behind this, maybe credit suisse,anyway its all nice and easy to say this now when the property market is in a period of consolidation,the 15% drop has not been realised yet, URA data showed prices were up on the whole for the first quarter and as for furher 25% drop by next month, I am in the market and I know prices are no where close to that, because there are buyers out there that would have grabbed it otherwise, lots of buyers around testing the market, so far very few are succesful as sellers are holding esp if the unit is a good one,

Property and stocks are two different investments altogether, within a condo or housing dev. there are so many types of units and it suits people differently, unlike stocks that are uniform,For example in Seaview Condo, you could get a low, mid or high floor unit and can be further divided into those that get morning or afternoon sun and further divided into what views it has, then there is the layout etc etc.

My point is that these statistics work well for stocks and similar investments, not for real estate,

Just because a unit in the development is sold for 600 psf does not mean the whole condo will be priced as such, that unit could be on a low floor and facing a busy road with afternoon sun, so does that mean your unit which is on the high floor with unblocked sea view and no afternoon sun has depreciated, I beg to differ, prices of real estate in Singapore is reflective of the quality and surrounding environment, and that is what we are paying for,

With construction prices heading up new developments will only cost more making existing ones more affordable and room to appreciate further...

My humble two cents...

Unreg¡stered
16-05-08, 17:59
We told clients and investors to sell all Singapore holdings (property, stocks and everything else) in June 2007. We determined that prices would never, ever be higher and were predicting a 15% drop in pricing by March 2008 and 25% drop by June 2008.

Interesting article, I wonder which company is behind this, maybe credit suisse,anyway its all nice and easy to say this now when the property market is in a period of consolidation,the 15% drop has not been realised yet, URA data showed prices were up on the whole for the first quarter and as for furher 25% drop by next month, I am in the market and I know prices are no where close to that, because there are buyers out there that would have grabbed it otherwise, lots of buyers around testing the market, so far very few are succesful as sellers are holding esp if the unit is a good one,

Property and stocks are two different investments altogether, within a condo or housing dev. there are so many types of units and it suits people differently, unlike stocks that are uniform,For example in Seaview Condo, you could get a low, mid or high floor unit and can be further divided into those that get morning or afternoon sun and further divided into what views it has, then there is the layout etc etc.

My point is that these statistics work well for stocks and similar investments, not for real estate,

Just because a unit in the development is sold for 600 psf does not mean the whole condo will be priced as such, that unit could be on a low floor and facing a busy road with afternoon sun, so does that mean your unit which is on the high floor with unblocked sea view and no afternoon sun has depreciated, I beg to differ, prices of real estate in Singapore is reflective of the quality and surrounding environment, and that is what we are paying for,

With construction prices heading up new developments will only cost more making existing ones more affordable and room to appreciate further...

My humble two cents...
All the above predictions did not materialised at all.
The report/analysis is a complete failure.

I wonder why Unregistered123 post a faulty report here?

Unregister
16-05-08, 19:22
old news this report has been making rounds in other property forums - more of a scare tactic.......

URA
16-05-08, 21:34
US April housing starts rise best since Jan 2006

WASHINGTON - Construction starts on new US homes rose by a surprisingly strong 8.2 per cent in April and applications for new building permits turned up for the first time in five months, the Commerce Department said on Friday in a report showing the hard-hit housing sector still had some spring vigor.

Unregistered11
17-05-08, 00:12
All the talking down of the property market is not true as I get 4 calls a day from property agents and it starts from $1300 for Sea View.

WEst apple
20-05-08, 02:00
The condo looks packed. It makes the look looks crowding.

The road location to the condo seems congested. The road leading into Amber road maybe congested in the months when the units are TOP.

In addtion the traffic maybe slow when going into the condo and when passing through to parkway parade.

The small round-about circus may have to demolished and turn into a traffic light junction. A new condo on the former Amberville is also there.

The price is not sustain..

1registered
20-05-08, 11:33
The condo looks packed. It makes the look looks crowding.

The road location to the condo seems congested. The road leading into Amber road maybe congested in the months when the units are TOP.

In addtion the traffic maybe slow when going into the condo and when passing through to parkway parade.

The small round-about circus may have to demolished and turn into a traffic light junction. A new condo on the former Amberville is also there.

The price is not sustain..

That's how its going to be if you want 6.5 million population...........

All condos are crowded and some are worse off if the land size is small.

In the case of SEAVIEW, the land is huge and well spaced out, unlike some newer developments where one could "shake the neighbour''s hand" across the blocks or "easily see what the neighbour is having for lunch in the dining room".

Suggest you take a good look once again at The SeaView and you will realise that its the best among all the new condos in Amber - Marine Parade road.

unconvinced
20-05-08, 12:43
That's how its going to be if you want 6.5 million population...........

All condos are crowded and some are worse off if the land size is small.

In the case of SEAVIEW, the land is huge and well spaced out, unlike some newer developments where one could "shake the neighbour''s hand" across the blocks or "easily see what the neighbour is having for lunch in the dining room".

Suggest you take a good look once again at The SeaView and you will realise that its the best among all the new condos in Amber - Marine Parade road.

correct me if i am wrong
but most of the units facing the pool actually face each other,
although not in extreme proximity as you say, but i reckon you can get a pretty good look at what your neighbours across are doing on the balcony
and/or inside the living/dining area.

so unless you do not mind that, then you would probably buy a unit facing the direction of the sea, though not necessarily having much sea view, because of the cote d'azur across the road and the other due to be built very soon next to it on ex-amberville grounds

on the other side (rose garden site) you will probably have to contend with the noise and dust etc during construction of new condo and probably in close proximity as well if not closer than those units facing each other across the pool area.

so which part of The Seaview do you deem to be 'best' as opposed to real sea facing condos both around amber and marine parade areas?

Unregistered123
20-05-08, 19:42
I used to be a firm believer that if an apt has nice sea views, the price would appreicate or hold. Not any more.

I live in an apt with one of the nicest sea views in the east. This is not just my opinion. Anyone and everyone who has stepped into my apt is simply awed by the views.

But the price has dropped, and dropped quite a fair bit. Because unfortunately the whole project is not a very good one. Hint - its in district 16 and I get unparelled 360 degrees view of the sea.

So while sea views are important, one must also take into account other factors like freehold/leasehold, quality, location, facilities, etc. YOu can also check out the other condos in district 15 with unblocked sea views and I can tell you that most home buyers will not wanna buy (eg cote).

In the case of the SEAVIEW, it is true that you probably wont get much of a seaview. But the quality, the landsize and the location are superb. The Wheelock name carries a lot of prestige and weight.

At the end of the day, it is whether or not you think the price will hold or appreciate. I think the Seaview will do well in this regard.

unconvinced
21-05-08, 12:28
[QUOTE=Unregistered123]I used to be a firm believer that if an apt has nice sea views, the price would appreicate or hold. Not any more.

I live in an apt with one of the nicest sea views in the east. This is not just my opinion. Anyone and everyone who has stepped into my apt is simply awed by the views.

But the price has dropped, and dropped quite a fair bit. Because unfortunately the whole project is not a very good one. Hint - its in district 16 and I get unparelled 360 degrees view of the sea.

QUOTE]

really sorry about that but i believe you are referring to costa del sol?

i reckoned costa del sol was overpriced to begin with when it was launched
so you cannot say that it has not appreciated, but it was
unfortunate that li ka shing had immense holding power and that he
refused to let his properties be sold below $1000 psf back in 2002 was it?

i went to see the project as well but was unimpressed by the small layouts and lack of balconies for alot of the units. Subsequently they lowered selling prices to around $700 psf if memory serves me right so it is inevitable that you will suffer a loss.

Unregistered123
21-05-08, 13:59
No, I did not suffer a loss. My point is that even with great unrivaled seaviews, the prices did not hold. Same for the other projects with sea views. My point is that great views per se do not equal good buys. Must also look at quality, layout, facilities, freehold/leasehold, etc.

I reckon that the Sea View, even without the views, will hold its price. Wheelock has done a fantastic job there.

IUnregistered
21-05-08, 16:11
What's the possible lowest price for the Sea View? some is asking 900psf already... worthy to wait?

condoinvestor
21-05-08, 16:15
All depends on the unit mate, if it is a good one go for it.....

DRSG
21-05-08, 16:25
Try knocking on the doors in Seaview condo at 900 psf.I think they will knife you .:cheers6:

unconvinced
21-05-08, 16:41
Recovery hopes fading for Singapore
developers
By Daryl Loo
SINGAPORE, May 21 (Reuters) - Hopes that a slowdown in Singapore's
property market is temporary are fading as an uncertain economic
outlook
and a looming housing glut threaten to plunge the sector into a
prolonged
downturn.
Homebuilders such as CapitaLand <CATL.SI>, Keppel Land <KLAN.SI> and
GuocoLand <GUOC.SI> have delayed launching new projects in the moribund
market, taking a hit to first-quarter earnings as they hoped for a
rebound
later this year.
Prospects could be dented further in coming months if smaller
developers
face financing troubles and have to unload properties at massive
discounts.
Some have gorged themselves on expensive land acquisitions over the
past
two years.
With home prices expected to fall 30 to 40 percent over the next
three
years, Singapore's developers could be badly hit and analysts may slash
their earnings estimates further.
"This is the start of a multi-year price correction. Private
residential
property prices could easily fall by up to 30 percent by 2010," said
Barclays Capital economist Leong Wai Ho.
Credit Suisse in a report this month saw rents and property prices
falling even more steeply by as much as 40 percent, and downgraded its
investment recommendation for the sector to "underweight".
Warning signs have been flashing as first quarter 2008 sales volumes
slumped to the lowest in five years and price growth slowed for two
straight quarters, with concerns about a global economic slowdown and
the
U.S. subprime mortgage crisis scaring off potential homebuyers.
Leong said an impending oversupply will worsen the problem, with
new homes expected to be completed over the next four years, against
forecast demand for 50,000 in the same period.
The three-month Singapore Interbank Offered Rate <SISGD3MD=> -- a
benchmark for mortgage loans -- has fallen to near record lows below
percent, but that may not be enough to revive buyers' flagging
confidence,
economists say.
"Negative real interest rates will be at best a cushion, rather than
a
boost to housing demand in the near term, although they could lift
property
demand if and when sentiment turns," said Citi analyst Kit Wei Zheng.

STEEP DISCOUNTS
"The worst is yet to come and price cuts are imminent, as the
holding
power of property players is weakening and speculative demand is
diminishing," said ABN AMRO analyst Fera Wirawan.
BNP Paribas has flagged high financial risks for small developers
including Bukit Sembawang <BSES.SI>, Low Keng Huat <LKH.SI>, and Lian
Beng
<LIBG.SI>, which have almost all their debts due within a year.
Even major builders such as Allgreen <AGRN.SI>, KepLand and
GuocoLand
could face difficulties after steep drops in profit in the last quarter
as
they launch fewer projects, analysts say.
Slower sales and rising costs could raise developers' gearing or
debt-to-equity ratio to dangerous levels above 70 percent, up from the
industry average of about 62 percent.
"We identify three developers, namely Allgreen, GuocoLand and Keppel
Land, that could face some pressures on cash flow," JPMorgan analyst
Christopher Gee said in a report, noting that gearing levels could be
pushed up to between 80 and 130 percent.
The risk of price falls has been heightened by property speculators
buying in recent years with little upfront cash, relying on a deferred
payment scheme. The government scrapped the scheme last October in a
bid to
cool down the sector.
Analysts expect speculators will dispose of about 700 units on the
cheap
this year, and another 2,000 next year, as the properties near
completion
and installments are due.
"Forced selling may become widespread next year as speculators with
weak
bargaining power may not be able to afford the installment payments,"
said
Wirawan.

buy
21-05-08, 18:28
if the above news is true

then i suggest singapore will be left with nothing

Govt will not let it happen, if it happens, it will afffect singapore growth

too

so i have doubts that prices will fall

Unregistered123
21-05-08, 18:32
What's the possible lowest price for the Sea View? some is asking 900psf already... worthy to wait?

Love laguna quote:
The cheapest now in the project is asking $1190, I think is stack 15...

SeaView Lover
21-05-08, 22:00
Love laguna quote:
Well, there are many types of units at The SeaView, not only the size, but most important are the facing, eg BBQ, MP road, Rose Garden, morning / afternoon sun, children pool, playground, low/high floor etc.

I know of a group of 4 indians, bought at least 3 Type E units facing MP road, are trying to swap their units with better ones. Asking is around $1100. But would u buy? of course not, for own staying or even for rental and for sales subsequently, choice unit, even u pay a premium, is still worth it at the end of the day.

I saw a couple of units, high floor, but with pocket of seaview. Even those high floor with seaview, eventually, will be blocked by SilverSea. This is no value to have pocket seaview at all. It is simply not grand as compare with those with true seaview at the Meyer or Eastern coastal line, but of course, come with a high price of non-stop noise pollution.

SeaView is a great project, but I doubt it will go down much further. The current replacement cost is simply too high. U can see from the Breeze@Joo Chiat and next Silver Sea. All these projects indicate Seaview, with its top nod quality, is a place worth to stay or invest.

unconvinced
22-05-08, 08:40
Love laguna quote:

21/05/08 15 THE SEAVIEW
AMBER RD APT FH 1410
$1,080 $1,522,800

Mandate

13/05/08 15 THE SEAVIEW
AMBER RD APT FH 1410
$1,060 $1,494,600

SIM

just did a quick check and i found these 2 sellers ...
probably bad-facing units etc (i did not bother to call)
if the analysts in the above article i posted are right,
then prices could come lower, so no need to rush i think

Uregistered
22-05-08, 08:59
21/05/08 15 THE SEAVIEW
AMBER RD APT FH 1410
$1,080 $1,522,800

Mandate

13/05/08 15 THE SEAVIEW
AMBER RD APT FH 1410
$1,060 $1,494,600

SIM

just did a quick check and i found these 2 sellers ...
probably bad-facing units etc (i did not bother to call)
if the analysts in the above article i posted are right,
then prices could come lower, so no need to rush i think

These above units are probably facing Rose Garden and at time of launch
developer sold at 700 psf - so even at 1060psf - its very high for such a
facing.

Early last year high floor units were sub-sold at price range 1K to 1080psf
and the developer cost for those high floor range approx 800-850psf max.

So which is a better deal ?

I suppose those units with poor facing must call for sub 1K in order to attract buyers.

High floor Units facing MP road - no doubt they get pocket seaviews but the
level of privacy is good vs units facing inside the development.

End of all
22-05-08, 09:06
Well, there are many types of units at The SeaView, not only the size, but most important are the facing, eg BBQ, MP road, Rose Garden, morning / afternoon sun, children pool, playground, low/high floor etc.

I know of a group of 4 indians, bought at least 3 Type E units facing MP road, are trying to swap their units with better ones. Asking is around $1100. But would u buy? of course not, for own staying or even for rental and for sales subsequently, choice unit, even u pay a premium, is still worth it at the end of the day.

I saw a couple of units, high floor, but with pocket of seaview. Even those high floor with seaview, eventually, will be blocked by SilverSea. This is no value to have pocket seaview at all. It is simply not grand as compare with those with true seaview at the Meyer or Eastern coastal line, but of course, come with a high price of non-stop noise pollution.

SeaView is a great project, but I doubt it will go down much further. The current replacement cost is simply too high. U can see from the Breeze@Joo Chiat and next Silver Sea. All these projects indicate Seaview, with its top nod quality, is a place worth to stay or invest.

My friend at the end of the day, every condo has its pros and cons and we cannot get everything. The same goes with life.

In meyer road, yes full seaview but noise from ecp and no amenities - mall, wet market, food ctr - BUT in amber road, amenities are all within walking distance.( Parkway Parade, food ctr, wet market and in 10yrs MRT line !! )

So its all personal likings - i would not trade Amber-MP road amenities with a Meyer rd View of the sea - its a choice which differs from each person.

Unregistered123
22-05-08, 14:24
Some agent quoted me 1410 unit low floor at $1015psf only @ stack 18, is it a good buy?

Unregistered123
22-05-08, 15:36
Some agent quoted me 1410 unit low floor at $1015psf only @ stack 18, is it a good buy?

Go for it....come with Four Season PoolView & the unit no. is 18 better than 14. ...opportunity that can't be miss.

registered
22-05-08, 16:14

Check out the layout of 1410sqft as in my view i personally did not like it
due to the wasted space used in the foyer entrance.

The Type E seems to be the best in terms of layout and space and room sizes.

UnregisteredMe
22-05-08, 17:19
Go for it....come with Four Season PoolView & the unit no. is 18 better than 14. ...opportunity that can't be miss.
but got strong afternoon sun... and the rooms, including the master bed room, are supper tiny! can't make up mind...
maybe wait to 1.2M???

Unregistered123
22-05-08, 17:39
but got strong afternoon sun... and the rooms, including the master bed room, are supper tiny! can't make up mind...
maybe wait to 1.2M???

Blk 35 1st floor is changing room, will be noisy.

Blk 33 1st floor is the Gym Room, will be noisy also. Those who on the Gym room will have direct view on Blk 35 low floor unit. No privacy at all time.

Low floor unit will have privacy issue, if the unit you are interested is not on 2nd floor should be fine.

No point buy it cheap for poor facing unit & No privacy unit as you will have big big problem of selling it next time, or you will have to sell it below market price. That why low floor unit always sell with less premium discount and high floor unit always come with a premium.

Unregistered888
22-05-08, 18:02
Blk 35 1st floor is changing room, will be noisy.

Blk 33 1st floor is the Gym Room, will be noisy also. Those who on the Gym room will have direct view on Blk 35 low floor unit. No privacy at all time.

Low floor unit will have privacy issue, if the unit you are interested is not on 2nd floor should be fine.

No point buy it cheap for poor facing unit & No privacy unit as you will have big big problem of selling it next time, or you will have to sell it below market price. That why low floor unit always sell with less premium discount and high floor unit always come with a premium.

Take a look yourself between high floor and low floor. There was this couple concentrating on high floor, but after seeing low floor, changed their mind...

hilow
22-05-08, 18:19
High or Low floor - depend on what level of privacy one needs.

Would you want all eyes in the pool to be staring at you while you laze
around in your balcony ?

Unregistered123
22-05-08, 18:33
Just heard from my agent that latest transaction in Seaview is a whopping $1,450 psf for block 35 stack 14. Just done last week.

Unregistered888
22-05-08, 21:05
Just heard from my agent that latest transaction in Seaview is a whopping $1,450 psf for block 35 stack 14. Just done last week.
any idea which unit

BOW WOW
22-05-08, 22:03
PRICE GONNA DROP FOR SURE. READ THE PAPER REPORTS. 1450 WOULD BE DOWN TO 750 SOON. ITS COMING..

Uregistered
22-05-08, 22:58
PRICE GONNA DROP FOR SURE. READ THE PAPER REPORTS. 1450 WOULD BE DOWN TO 750 SOON. ITS COMING..'

Bow wow - need a bone to pick - or just sour grapes will do.....meow

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 00:37
Take a look yourself between high floor and low floor. There was this couple concentrating on high floor, but after seeing low floor, changed their mind...

That is because some people like to buy cheap unit la.

Cheap unit will lost privacy & good view !!!

You will never get low floor unit more expensive than high floor unit.

Developer also price high floor unit more expensive than low floor unit. Low floor units is always available in most of the non-sold out project.

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 12:07
That is because some people like to buy cheap unit la.

Cheap unit will lost privacy & good view !!!

You will never get low floor unit more expensive than high floor unit.

Developer also price high floor unit more expensive than low floor unit. Low floor units is always available in most of the non-sold out project.

Not ture. The Sea View does not have sea view, so the best view is the pool view. and only the low floor units can have that better four season view and green.

But the high floor can only see the other block's balcony view or busy road view or other properties' roof view :P

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 12:13
PRICE GONNA DROP FOR SURE. READ THE PAPER REPORTS. 1450 WOULD BE DOWN TO 750 SOON. ITS COMING..
see yesterday (22-May) MyPaper Money Section: "Why property market will
see prolonged downturn" and AsiaOne
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20080522-66439.html

HOPES that a slowdown in Singapore's property market is temporary are fading, as an uncertain economic outlook and a looming housing glut threaten to plunge the sector into a prolonged downturn.

Home builders such as CapitaLand, Keppel Land and GuocoLand have delayed launching new projects in the moribund market, taking a hit to first-quarter earnings as they hoped for a rebound later this year.

With home prices expected to fall 30 to 40 per cent over the next three years, Singapore's developers could be badly hit and analysts may slash their earnings estimates further.

'This is the start of a multi- year price correction. Private residential property prices could easily fall by up to 30 per cent by 2010,' said Barclays Capital economist Leong Wai Ho.

In a report this month, Credit Suisse saw rents and property prices falling by as much as 40 per cent.

Warning signs have been flashing as first quarter 2008 sales volumes slumped to the lowest in five years and price growth slowed for two straight quarters, amid concerns about a global economic slowdown and the United States sub-prime mortgage crisis scaring off potential home buyers.

Mr Leong said an impending oversupply will worsen the problem, with 66,000 new homes expected to be completed over the next four years, against a forecast demand of 50,000.

The three-month Singapore Interbank Offered Rate - a benchmark for mortgage loans - has fallen below 1.3 per cent, but that may not be enough to revive buyers' flagging confidence, economists say.

Analysts expect speculators will dispose of about 700 units on the cheap this year, and another 2,000 next year, as the properties near completion and instalments are due.

But some developers are still counting on home prices to rise for at least another year.

'This is a temporary hiccup. We just had a boom starting in 2006 and it's usually a seven- year cycle,' said property tycoon Kwek Leng Beng, who heads Singapore's No. 2 developer City Developments.

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 12:18
Support! Agree!!
People who bought house in high price always defend this kind info, even news paper keep on warning, still don't accept it, and yet say other ppl are boat misser, sour grape eater... funny and silly!

unconvinced
23-05-08, 15:01
Support! Agree!!
People who bought house in high price always defend this kind info, even news paper keep on warning, still don't accept it, and yet say other ppl are boat misser, sour grape eater... funny and silly!

that was the same article i posted 2 days ago, in any case,
remember they did not buy at the high ($700-800psf at launch?), but are merely trying to justify the high asking prices ...

like i said, the simple fact remains that prices should drift lower
so patience is a virtue ...

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 15:24
Not ture. The Sea View does not have sea view, so the best view is the pool view. and only the low floor units can have that better four season view and green.

But the high floor can only see the other block's balcony view or busy road view or other properties' roof view :P

The Market pricing is the best to tell you which type of unit is good or bad.

Low floor unit with no privacy all the time ! 7 X 24hrs..

around in your living room, bedroom & balcony or even bath room ? Ha Ha...the answer is clear la. Ah yu...go back and stay in HDB la...less problem.

That why today so many low floor units for sales in the market !!

In the City country, how to get view with no other properties ? Your HDB block can't see any building in front of you ?...No point con yourself bad unit is a good unit. Market Pricing will tell you everything.

Just show us data with 2nd floor unit can sell better pricing than high floor unit in the market. We will follow you...

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 16:04

Poor desperate high floor defender... What a pity!

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 16:06

around in your living room, bedroom & balcony or even bath room ? Ha Ha...the answer is clear la. Ah yu...go back and stay in HDB la...less problem.

That why today so many low floor units for sales in the market !!

In the City country, how to get view with no other properties ? Your HDB block can't see any building in front of you ?...No point con yourself bad unit is a good unit. Market Pricing will tell you everything.

Just show us data with 2nd floor unit can sell better pricing than high floor unit in the market. We will follow you...
halo! we are talking the Siew View, go there see then say, ok?

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 16:28
that was the same article i posted 2 days ago, in any case,
remember they did not buy at the high ($700-800psf at launch?), but are merely trying to justify the high asking prices ...

like i said, the simple fact remains that prices should drift lower
so patience is a virtue ...
You are right! Be patient, see who will win... the URA shows the transactions getting less and less. let's see how long the first hand owner can hold in such a high price...

Unregistered123
23-05-08, 17:04
Poor desperate high floor defender... What a pity!

URA shows the transactions will tell everyone the true info.

Low floor unit owner is pity of their low translations and low asking price. Even four season pool view also can't help. No privacy all the time.

All eyes in the pool to be staring at you while you laze
around in your living room, bedroom & balcony or even bath room. he he...Oh my God !

paperplate
23-05-08, 17:38
I dont think owners for the seaview will sell anything below $900psf within the next few mths...Since they bot it so cheap at around 600-700psf and currently mortgage rates at around 2.25 to 2.8%...they can simply rent out cheap and easily get anything above 5% rental yield..with mortgage rates at 2.5%, their ROI easily hit 8-10%..

Furthermore, they may not know wat to do with their profits if they sell very cheap now below 900psf...they cant buy another house now for sure, stock market are more uncertain, oil, gold and commodities oredi at their all time high(very risky to go in now), FD only 1 to 1.5%, bonds at around 3%..With inflation at all time high of 6-7% now..i dont tink it is worthwhile to sell so cheap now if i were to own any units over there...

I will definitely rent out for 2yrs and wait for the storm to be over.

Unregistered123
27-05-08, 09:33
I dont think owners for the seaview will sell anything below $900psf within the next few mths...Since they bot it so cheap at around 600-700psf and currently mortgage rates at around 2.25 to 2.8%...they can simply rent out cheap and easily get anything above 5% rental yield..with mortgage rates at 2.5%, their ROI easily hit 8-10%..

Furthermore, they may not know wat to do with their profits if they sell very cheap now below 900psf...they cant buy another house now for sure, stock market are more uncertain, oil, gold and commodities oredi at their all time high(very risky to go in now), FD only 1 to 1.5%, bonds at around 3%..With inflation at all time high of 6-7% now..i dont tink it is worthwhile to sell so cheap now if i were to own any units over there...

I will definitely rent out for 2yrs and wait for the storm to be over.
Therefore potential buyer should put on hold first, sicne so many uncertaincy...

Unregistered......
27-05-08, 09:39
yeah continue holding off your purchases until prices fly away again then you regret. Was at the Nassim Park Residences showflat yesterday. Over the weekend when it was previewed all the ground floor patio units were sold out. That probably works out to 30 units at prices of around S$15 million each. Ground floor units are about 5500 sq ft and based on the asking of $2,900 to $3,300 psf for the remaining units when i was at the showflat yeseterday.

Unregistered123
27-05-08, 10:10
yeah continue holding off your purchases until prices fly away again then you regret. Was at the Nassim Park Residences showflat yesterday. Over the weekend when it was previewed all the ground floor patio units were sold out. That probably works out to 30 units at prices of around S$15 million each. Ground floor units are about 5500 sq ft and based on the asking of $2,900 to $3,300 psf for the remaining units when i was at the showflat yeseterday.
wow, singapore got so much rich ppl meh?

Unregistered123
27-05-08, 10:12
I love the Sea View landscape, but who can convince me to accept the super tiny bedrooms?

paperplate
27-05-08, 15:53
Depending on wat u want...

Sad to say that, nowadays all the new launches are having tiny bedrooms due to the space given to the bay window. It is almost impossible to fit a queensize bed and a study table in the common bedrooms.

U will have to custom built ur bed onto the baywindows to cr8 a larger living space.

If you must have a big living space, you should go for landed properties or older HDB flats...There are in fact many landed properties below 1.5mil.

Uregistered
27-05-08, 19:18
I love the Sea View landscape, but who can convince me to accept the super tiny bedrooms?

Agree the tiny bedrooms are in the 3 bedroom Type B and C and one of the room in Type D (4 bed) is as well.

However take a look at Type E (4 bed) and there is some difference in the
bedroom sizes.

Unregistered123
28-05-08, 09:31
Agree the tiny bedrooms are in the 3 bedroom Type B and C and one of the room in Type D (4 bed) is as well.

However take a look at Type E (4 bed) and there is some difference in the
bedroom sizes.
Not really that bigger lah. A king size bed can easily fill the master bedroom, then you have to find a way to put 2 bedside tables! Worse thing is the wardrobe is so little even in Type E... The Sea View is good, but generally the bed rooms and storage areas are too little to most of us, regardless the background from landed, old Condo or even HDB flat.

Unregistered888
28-05-08, 20:30
Not really that bigger lah. A king size bed can easily fill the master bedroom, then you have to find a way to put 2 bedside tables! Worse thing is the wardrobe is so little even in Type E... The Sea View is good, but generally the bed rooms and storage areas are too little to most of us, regardless the background from landed, old Condo or even HDB flat.

The first impression when I collected my Type E unit, was, rooms are too small. It is still small, nevetheless, we mount the beds over the baywindow, and build storage under the mattress, the bed room now look so much more spacious with more storage space.

This is a wonderful project. I have seen many many new condo in the last two years, all bedrooms are about the same size unless the 4 bedrooms come more than 2000 sq ft like Sky@Eleven..

buy
29-05-08, 10:27
any seaview?

nregistered
29-05-08, 13:56
any seaview?

hey why only have seaview then its a good house eh ?

why u whole day want to stand at the window and stare at the sea then
what u get - view of the sea is not everything lah.......

Unregistered123
29-05-08, 15:38
The first impression when I collected my Type E unit, was, rooms are too small. It is still small, nevetheless, we mount the beds over the baywindow, and build storage under the mattress, the bed room now look so much more spacious with more storage space.

This is a wonderful project. I have seen many many new condo in the last two years, all bedrooms are about the same size unless the 4 bedrooms come more than 2000 sq ft like Sky@Eleven..
Have you done already? I think you'd better check with FengShui master for this, as I remember the bed again window is not a good idea, not able to retain money or something like that...

Double check first before you proceed if you believe FengShui. Good luck.

Unregistered123
29-05-08, 18:57
Have you done already? I think you'd better check with FengShui master for this, as I remember the bed again window is not a good idea, not able to retain money or something like that...

Double check first before you proceed if you believe FengShui. Good luck.

Can't retain money ??? Ha Ha...she have more than 10+ Condo Apartment in East Coast Area. FengShui will never work for her. She is too well already la...

paperplate
31-05-08, 03:31
I totally do not believe fengshui. I get to know some ppl who actually changed their names and yet life still sucks for them.

I believe by having strong will and confidence for example, will actually motivate u in your life....Happiness and wealth will follow.

Remember those fengshui master who give their prediction on WC finals??

Only one smart FSM says 'Ball is round'.

No offend to strong fenshui believers!

buy
02-06-08, 11:11
Some believe and some dont believe lol

ocean
10-06-08, 00:30
35, AMBER RD, 14-15
Project Name : THE SEA VIEW Postal (Old/New) : 1543/439945
Contract Date : 29/05/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 722 P.S.F
Property Type : APT Land (Area/Rate) : S.F / P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,018,302

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29, AMBER RD, 20-04
Project Name : THE SEA VIEW Postal (Old/New) : 1543/439942
Contract Date : 23/05/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1200 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,976,400

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

33, AMBER RD, 16-12
Project Name : THE SEA VIEW Postal (Old/New) : 1543/439944
Contract Date : 21/05/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1280 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,804,800

31, AMBER RD, 14-09
Project Name : THE SEA VIEW Postal (Old/New) : 1543/439943
Contract Date : 09/05/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1277 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,800,000

31, AMBER RD, 16-09
Contract Date : 06/05/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1277 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,800,000

37, AMBER RD, 02-18
Project Name : THE SEA VIEW Postal (Old/New) : 1543/439946
Contract Date : 06/05/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1160 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,635,600

31, AMBER RD, 19-06
Contract Date : 02/05/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1216 S.F / $ 1290 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,568,640

33, AMBER RD, 02-13
Contract Date : 29/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1032 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,700,000

31, AMBER RD, 20-09
Contract Date : 29/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1250 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,762,500

35, AMBER RD, 16-16
Contract Date : 28/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1200 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,692,000

29, AMBER RD, 11-04
Contract Date : 18/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 756 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,245,280

39, AMBER RD, 03-24
Project Name : THE SEA VIEW Postal (Old/New) : 1543/439947
Contract Date : 09/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1518 S.F / $ 1173 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,780,000

35, AMBER RD, 14-16
Contract Date : 08/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1149 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,620,000

29, AMBER RD, 13-01
Contract Date : 08/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1214 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,000,000

35, AMBER RD, 03-14
Contract Date : 03/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 725 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,194,009

33, AMBER RD, 15-11
Contract Date : 28/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 801 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,128,902

31, AMBER RD, 16-06
Contract Date : 24/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1216 S.F / $ 1270 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,544,320

35, AMBER RD, 14-15
Contract Date : 20/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1150 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,621,500

31, AMBER RD, 14-07
Contract Date : 19/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 560 S.F / $ 1281 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 716,800

31, AMBER RD, 12-06
Contract Date : 18/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1216 S.F / $ 1250 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,520,000

37, AMBER RD, 19-20
Contract Date : 18/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 560 S.F / $ 1193 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 668,000

37, AMBER RD, 03-21
Contract Date : 03/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1216 S.F / $ 1200 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,459,200

39, AMBER RD, 10-23
Contract Date : 26/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1330 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,190,500

29, AMBER RD, 13-01
Contract Date : 25/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1214 P.S.F

29, AMBER RD, 11-04
Contract Date : 17/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1214 P.S.F

37, AMBER RD, 17-18
Contract Date : 15/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 835 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,177,547

37, AMBER RD, 10-22
Contract Date : 13/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 768 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,082,457

31, AMBER RD, 05-06
Contract Date : 04/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1216 S.F / $ 1429 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,738,000

35, AMBER RD, 15-15
Contract Date : 31/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 733 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,033,868

35, AMBER RD, 05-14
Contract Date : 28/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 740 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,218,253

35, AMBER RD, 03-14
Contract Date : 24/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1350 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,223,450

31, AMBER RD, 20-05
Contract Date : 23/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 851 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,199,910

35, AMBER RD, 07-16
Contract Date : 21/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1260 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,776,600

33, AMBER RD, 15-11
Contract Date : 18/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1360 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,917,600

29, AMBER RD, 13-03
Contract Date : 16/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1518 S.F / $ 1330 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,019,000

29, AMBER RD, 05-01
Contract Date : 28/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 720 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,185,544

29, AMBER RD, 05-04
Contract Date : 28/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 715 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,177,885

37, AMBER RD, 17-18
Contract Date : 21/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1560 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,200,000

37, AMBER RD, 10-22
Contract Date : 19/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1550 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,185,500

35, AMBER RD, 16-15
Contract Date : 07/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1336 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,883,500

31, AMBER RD, 08-05
Contract Date : 07/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1250 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,762,500

29, AMBER RD, 06-01
Contract Date : 06/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 725 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,193,202

31, AMBER RD, 12-07
Contract Date : 30/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 560 S.F / $ 1429 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 800,000

39, AMBER RD, 20-24
Contract Date : 16/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1518 S.F / $ 772 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,172,200

35, AMBER RD, 07-14
Contract Date : 14/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1400 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,305,800

31, AMBER RD, 20-05
Contract Date : 12/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 1480 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,086,800

31, AMBER RD, 17-07
Contract Date : 12/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 560 S.F / $ 1306 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 730,800

35, AMBER RD, 08-14
Contract Date : 09/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1438 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,368,386

35, AMBER RD, 08-14
Contract Date : 09/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 1438 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 2,368,386

39, AMBER RD, 10-26
Contract Date : 07/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 743 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,223,836

Unregistered123
11-06-08, 10:19
35, AMBER RD, 14-15

39, AMBER RD, 10-26

Wow! how come the 1410 sold so cheap! Almost the developer price! What happened?

Unregistered123
11-06-08, 10:36
Wow! how come the 1410 sold so cheap! Almost the developer price! What happened?
Facing rose garden, have strong afternoon sun, and... property market starts to drop now!

Unregistered123
11-06-08, 10:50
Nope. The owner bought it from developer and only registered his caveat now, after TOP. That is not the current selling price lah!

Unregistered123
11-06-08, 10:53
35, AMBER RD, 14-15

29, AMBER RD, 11-04
Contract Date : 18/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 756 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,245,280

35, AMBER RD, 03-14
Contract Date : 03/04/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 725 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,194,009

33, AMBER RD, 15-11
Contract Date : 28/03/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 801 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,128,902

37, AMBER RD, 17-18
Contract Date : 15/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 835 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,177,547

37, AMBER RD, 10-22
Contract Date : 13/02/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 768 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,082,457

35, AMBER RD, 15-15
Contract Date : 31/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 733 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,033,868

35, AMBER RD, 05-14
Contract Date : 28/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 740 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,218,253

31, AMBER RD, 20-05
Contract Date : 23/01/2008 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1410 S.F / $ 851 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,199,910

29, AMBER RD, 05-01
Contract Date : 28/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 720 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,185,544

29, AMBER RD, 05-04
Contract Date : 28/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 715 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,177,885

29, AMBER RD, 06-01
Contract Date : 06/12/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1647 S.F / $ 725 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,193,202

39, AMBER RD, 20-24
Contract Date : 16/11/2007 Floor (Area/Rate) : 1518 S.F / $ 772 P.S.F
Tenure : FH Price : $ 1,172,200

39, AMBER RD, 10-26

How accurate is it? At least I didn't see those kind of price in URA website.... cut and paste from where, mr ocean???

Unregistered123
11-06-08, 14:53
Nope. The owner bought it from developer and only registered his caveat now, after TOP. That is not the current selling price lah!
No wonder lah...... by the way, how to get this kind of info? from URA or SLA website?

buy
11-06-08, 22:37
goodprice for that

ocean
12-06-08, 10:48
this is from ura's database as well, that's why u have all the full details... but such database are sold to property firms, not available to general public..

the database should be accurate, barring typo errors by whoever that logged the info with the authorities...

pulled out 2 entries on #14-15 for those interested to analyse ...

Contract Date Project Name Property Type Tenure
: : : :
Postal (Old/New) Floor (Area/Rate) Land (Area/Rate) Price : : : :

35, AMBER RD, 14-15 Record 273434
1,410 $ 1,018,302.00 THE SEA VIEW / 29/05/2008 APT FH 1543 439945 131.00 S.F / $722 P.S.F S.M / P.S.M S.F / P.S.F S.M / P.S.M $7,773.30

35, AMBER RD, 14-15 Record 269665
1,410 $ 1,621,500.00 THE SEA VIEW / 20/03/2008 APT FH 1543 439945 131.00 S.F / $1,150 P.S.F S.M / P.S.M S.F / P.S.F S.M / P.S.M $12,377.86

========================== reformat

Report Print on 12/06/2008
Provider assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of its website. You are using the website at your own risk. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required,
the services of a competent professional person should be sought. The provider is not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information in this service, nor for any error in or
omission from this service.
SISV-REALink CaveatPlus
Brief Report Format - Strata Title Property
District Project Name Location Unit # Type Flr SqFt Flr $PSF Cont Date Transacted Tenure
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 14-15 APT 1,410 $722 29/05/2008 $1,018,302 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 29 AMBER RD 20-04 APT 1,647 $1,200 23/05/2008 $1,976,400 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 33 AMBER RD 16-12 APT 1,410 $1,280 21/05/2008 $1,804,800 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 14-09 APT 1,410 $1,277 09/05/2008 $1,800,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 16-09 APT 1,410 $1,277 06/05/2008 $1,800,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 37 AMBER RD 02-18 APT 1,410 $1,160 06/05/2008 $1,635,600 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 19-06 APT 1,216 $1,290 02/05/2008 $1,568,640 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 33 AMBER RD 02-13 APT 1,647 $1,032 29/04/2008 $1,700,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 20-09 APT 1,410 $1,250 29/04/2008 $1,762,500 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 16-16 APT 1,410 $1,200 28/04/2008 $1,692,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 29 AMBER RD 11-04 APT 1,647 $756 18/04/2008 $1,245,280 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 39 AMBER RD 03-24 APT 1,518 $1,173 09/04/2008 $1,780,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 14-16 APT 1,410 $1,149 08/04/2008 $1,620,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 29 AMBER RD 13-01 APT 1,647 $1,214 08/04/2008 $2,000,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 03-14 APT 1,647 $725 03/04/2008 $1,194,009 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 33 AMBER RD 15-11 APT 1,410 $801 28/03/2008 $1,128,902 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 16-06 APT 1,216 $1,270 24/03/2008 $1,544,320 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 14-15 APT 1,410 $1,150 20/03/2008 $1,621,500 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 14-07 APT 560 $1,281 19/03/2008 $716,800 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 12-06 APT 1,216 $1,250 18/03/2008 $1,520,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 37 AMBER RD 19-20 APT 560 $1,193 18/03/2008 $668,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 37 AMBER RD 03-21 APT 1,216 $1,200 03/03/2008 $1,459,200 FH
District Project Name Location Unit # Type Flr SqFt Flr $PSF Cont Date Transacted Tenure
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 14-15 APT 1,410 $722 29/05/2008 $1,018,302 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 29 AMBER RD 20-04 APT 1,647 $1,200 23/05/2008 $1,976,400 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 33 AMBER RD 16-12 APT 1,410 $1,280 21/05/2008 $1,804,800 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 14-09 APT 1,410 $1,277 09/05/2008 $1,800,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 16-09 APT 1,410 $1,277 06/05/2008 $1,800,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 37 AMBER RD 02-18 APT 1,410 $1,160 06/05/2008 $1,635,600 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 19-06 APT 1,216 $1,290 02/05/2008 $1,568,640 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 33 AMBER RD 02-13 APT 1,647 $1,032 29/04/2008 $1,700,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 20-09 APT 1,410 $1,250 29/04/2008 $1,762,500 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 16-16 APT 1,410 $1,200 28/04/2008 $1,692,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 29 AMBER RD 11-04 APT 1,647 $756 18/04/2008 $1,245,280 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 39 AMBER RD 03-24 APT 1,518 $1,173 09/04/2008 $1,780,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 14-16 APT 1,410 $1,149 08/04/2008 $1,620,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 29 AMBER RD 13-01 APT 1,647 $1,214 08/04/2008 $2,000,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 03-14 APT 1,647 $725 03/04/2008 $1,194,009 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 33 AMBER RD 15-11 APT 1,410 $801 28/03/2008 $1,128,902 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 16-06 APT 1,216 $1,270 24/03/2008 $1,544,320 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 14-15 APT 1,410 $1,150 20/03/2008 $1,621,500 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 14-07 APT 560 $1,281 19/03/2008 $716,800 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 12-06 APT 1,216 $1,250 18/03/2008 $1,520,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 37 AMBER RD 19-20 APT 560 $1,193 18/03/2008 $668,000 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 37 AMBER RD 03-21 APT 1,216 $1,200 03/03/2008 $1,459,200 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 31 AMBER RD 17-07 APT 560 $1,306 12/11/2007 $730,800 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 08-14 APT 1,647 $1,438 09/11/2007 $2,368,386 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 35 AMBER RD 08-14 APT 1,647 $1,438 09/11/2007 $2,368,386 FH
D15 THE SEA VIEW 39 AMBER RD 10-26 APT 1,647 $743 07/11/2007 $1,223,836 FH
Copyright (C) 2007 SISV Services Pte Ltd. All rights reserved, No reproduction in any form are allowed.
Copyright (C) 2007 Singapore Land Authority. All rights reserved.
Average PSF(S$)
Average Floor Area
Average Transacted(S$)

Unregistered123
12-06-08, 11:16
pulled out 2 entries on #14-15 for those interested to analyse ...

Contract Date Project Name Property Type Tenure
: : : :
Postal (Old/New) Floor (Area/Rate) Land (Area/Rate) Price : : : :

35, AMBER RD, 14-15 Record 273434
1,410 $ 1,018,302.00 THE SEA VIEW / 29/05/2008 APT FH 1543 439945 131.00 S.F / $722 P.S.F S.M / P.S.M S.F / P.S.F S.M / P.S.M $7,773.30

35, AMBER RD, 14-15 Record 269665
1,410 $ 1,621,500.00 THE SEA VIEW / 20/03/2008 APT FH 1543 439945 131.00 S.F / $1,150 P.S.F S.M / P.S.M S.F / P.S.F S.M / P.S.M $12,377.86

Hi Mr Ocean, thanks a lot for the sharing! :)

Look at this transaction, this owner has made more than half Million ($600K) profit for this #14-15 unit, and it faces rose garden with strong afternoon sun, what a lucky guy!

Star Investor
12-06-08, 17:04
Looking at the contract dates, it looks like a loss of $600K, haha. Maybe the previous owner striked TOTO or become bankrupt!

condoinvestor
12-06-08, 17:26
That looks like a loss to me too, at 722 psf, why so low?

ocean
12-06-08, 22:42
for the uninitiated (to such data), i shared Unregistered123's interpretation that, despite the dates, $722 P.S.F was developer's sale and $1,150 P.S.F was the second transaction.. that's why different data on the same unit was pulled out for study instead of just relying on the latest (dated) info...

Unregistered......
13-06-08, 16:29

Hi, the Esta thread re-actived now. Do you want to comment the Esta 4 bedder Type C2 vs. Seaview Type E, and the 3+1 Type B4 vs. Seaview Type C?
http://www.mclland.com.sg/images/property/esta/4bed_type_c2.jpg
http://www.mclland.com.sg/images/property/esta/3bed_type_b4.jpg

Does Esta's rooms seem bigger than the Seaview, while the living hall not that small also?

Sniper
13-06-08, 18:45
If still can find $722 psf at the Seaview, I would not hestitate to give my downpayment chq to the seller. ;-)

condoinvestor
13-06-08, 20:03
for the uninitiated (to such data), i shared Unregistered123's interpretation that, despite the dates, $722 P.S.F was developer's sale and $1,150 P.S.F was the second transaction.. that's why different data on the same unit was pulled out for study instead of just relying on the latest (dated) info...

Thanks for enlightening me

Uregistered
13-06-08, 23:21
Hi, the Esta thread re-actived now. Do you want to comment the Esta 4 bedder Type C2 vs. Seaview Type E, and the 3+1 Type B4 vs. Seaview Type C?

Does Esta's rooms seem bigger than the Seaview, while the living hall not that small also?

The floorplans are not to scale.

My interpretation of Esta floorplan is that the living dining area is cramped and the kitchen is very small, wasted foyer space at entrance in comparison to SeaView Type E which has a very spacious living dining and the kitchen is huge in comparison to new developments which have a "one way street" type of kitchen.

Also note Bath 2 in Esta is without the WC but instead there is a powder room so one need to go in and out.....

Type E in SeaView has 3 good size bathrooms and one tiny wc cum shower in the yard area.

buy
17-06-08, 23:21
overall seaview look nice

JR
23-06-08, 02:44
The floorplans are not to scale.

My interpretation of Esta floorplan is that the living dining area is cramped and the kitchen is very small, wasted foyer space at entrance in comparison to SeaView Type E which has a very spacious living dining and the kitchen is huge in comparison to new developments which have a "one way street" type of kitchen.

Also note Bath 2 in Esta is without the WC but instead there is a powder room so one need to go in and out.....

Type E in SeaView has 3 good size bathrooms and one tiny wc cum shower in the yard area.

"The floorplans are not to scale."

Though the floorplan may not be to scale, the same goes for every other project including Seaview.

"My interpretation of Esta floorplan is that the living dining area is cramped and the kitchen is very small, wasted foyer space at entrance in comparison to SeaView Type E which has a very spacious living dining and the kitchen is huge in comparison to new developments which have a "one way street" type of kitchen."

On the contrary, i feel that the living & dining area of Esta would be more spacious than Seaview Type E, as less space is wasted on the huge balcony in Seaview. Kitchen is small for Esta? U kidding me? Esta kitchen has a full U shape whereas Seaview is a L shape. Not sure whether u cook but i personally prefer more space to put my ingredients during preparation.

Abt the foyer, one plus pt is we can leave the door open n let air circulate so it is more windy and at the same time neightbours won't be able to see our family activities unless they step into the house.

"Also note Bath 2 in Esta is without the WC but instead there is a powder room so one need to go in and out"

In fact, i find it a plus point for Esta design. Unless one has a attached toilet, else Esta design is useful, so that 2 or more pple in the hse can do different activities at the same time, eg. Morning i shower while my brother passing motion at same time, np :) both in time to leave the hse for work.

"Type E in SeaView has 3 good size bathrooms(with Rain-shower) and one tiny wc cum shower in the yard area."

I am not sure whether u have been to the actual unit at the Seaview, but u mean showering at the tiny wc cum shower in the yard area? C'mon... :)

Yes agree that Seaview has 3 bathrooms. I am not sure abt others but i personally spend less than 1 hr each day in the bathrm shower + poo poo, maybe even less. Asking me to pay above $1k psf for bathroom space using less than 1hr everyday?

No offence to anyone this is just my personal opinion :)

JR
23-06-08, 03:07

For the 3 bedrm, i personally prefer Esta over Seaview both 1410sqft as:
1) Esta has more "useful" space than Seaview. For Seaview a lot of space is wasted on the balcony. SV balcony easily 70+ sqft at $1300psf paying close to $100k for balcony?? whereas Esta balcony size is still ok and stretches from one end of dinning to the other end of living rm, like a natural extension of dining n living combined. It makes them seems even larger.

2) Both projects has wasted space in the entrace, but personally i prefer the Esta's foyer has it act as a natural "shield" against neighbour that peer into your hse, while i can keep the door open to let air circulate to be more windy.

3) Esta has an added study room with space saved from redundantly big balcony. Can be converted into guest room with a foldable bed. Not sure whether can heck the study rm wall down then have a giant master bedrm.

Esta Better Fei Shui
23-06-08, 11:36
For the 3 bedrm, i personally prefer Esta over Seaview both 1410sqft as:
1) Esta has more "useful" space than Seaview. For Seaview a lot of space is wasted on the balcony. SV balcony easily 70+ sqft at $1300psf paying close to $100k for balcony?? whereas Esta balcony size is still ok and stretches from one end of dinning to the other end of living rm, like a natural extension of dining n living combined. It makes them seems even larger.

2) Both projects has wasted space in the entrace, but personally i prefer the Esta's foyer has it act as a natural "shield" against neighbour that peer into your hse, while i can keep the door open to let air circulate to be more windy.

3) Esta has an added study room with space saved from redundantly big balcony. Can be converted into guest room with a foldable bed. Not sure whether can heck the study rm wall down then have a giant master bedrm.
Esta has better fei shui as the entry foyer is a clever design. SW's case hard to retain $$$.

See the below explainations:

玄关在佛教中被称为入道之门。佛经云:“玄关大启,正眼流通。”而在住宅结构中,玄关则特指居所的外门,是进出房屋的必经之地,是亚洲传统建筑的重要组成部分。
玄关是住宅内核最重要组成部分之一,可说是住宅的咽喉地带,它给予进入者的感觉相当与人与人之间的第一印象。据心理学分析,第一印象通常产生于前七秒,而这与进入住宅内部审视、玄关调整气息的时间基本相同。在西方,玄关就代表家庭的金钱运,对宅运吉凶具有决定性的影响。
玄关是从大门进入客厅的缓冲区域,让运动的进入者静气敛神,同时是引气入屋必经之道,因此它的布置好坏可直接影响住宅的风水。

从风水的角度来看,从大门入宅的旺气与财气应尽可能在屋内回旋,为住宅充分利用后,才慢慢流出屋外。

***倘若大门与阳台或窗户形成一直线,则从大门流入之旺气与财气便会迅速从阳台或窗口流走,旺气直入直出,是“泄水”之局,令家中的人及钱财均难一积聚。如果没有实墙,则在进门之处即可将阳台客厅一眼望穿,即形成俗称“前通后通,人才两空”的格局,对家居不利。***

客厅是一家大小日常安坐聚首的所在,是家庭的活动中心,所以不能太暴露。如果客厅无遮掩,缺乏私密性,家中各人的一举一动均为外人在大门外一览无余,那便缺乏安全感,从风水角度来说亦非吉兆。
而玄关即是大门与客厅的缓冲地带,基本上起到了遮掩的作用,令外人不能随便在大门外观察到屋内的活动,就可解决以上的问题。有玄关在旁护持,在客厅里会感受到安全性大增,同时也不怕私隐外露。

Esta has foyer as a good 玄关, but SV does not have!

latour
04-07-08, 11:59
This means SeaView is not good and not worth to buy ??? How is it doing now on the secondary market ? Anyone willing to sell and at what price /psf ?

nregistered
04-07-08, 15:51
its a case of sour grapes trying to run down the condo so they can buy it cheap..... but for everyone's info 99.99% of SeaView owners are not the kiasu type to sell at giveaway prices.

Unregistered123
04-07-08, 17:14
Those who follow Fei Shui still have not make it that why still look look see see. Can't even buy Esta yet.

We already make it so No need to follow those Fei Shui Master talk. If they know better they already be Sea View owner than now talk about Fei Shui la.

Sour Grapes : All SeaView Owner are having good profit now compare to Esta owner.

Unregistered11
05-07-08, 22:20
You should visit the carpark at SeaView. Lots of expensive cars like Ferrari parked there. So FengShui there should be good since everyone is so rich to be able to afford luxury cars.

Unregistered222
07-07-08, 10:41
Jus txn a deal for 3 bedder 1313sqft at $855psf.

If Esta is better than Sea View they will not having Fire Sales now for $ 855 psf !!!!

Esta has better fei shui as the entry foyer is a clever design. SW's case hard to retain $$$. ----??????

This Fei Shui Master can not make it la........He He He...

Unregistered123
07-07-08, 11:05
Those who follow Fei Shui still have not make it that why still look look see see. Can't even buy Esta yet.

We already make it so No need to follow those Fei Shui Master talk. If they know better they already be Sea View owner than now talk about Fei Shui la.

Sour Grapes : All SeaView Owner are having good profit now compare to Esta owner.
when you sell high high and got silly ppl buy in such sky high price, then you can declare you make profit, now just a paper value! you are kind of sour grapes, nobody want to buy your unit, dispirited by the huge housing loan, business no good, job no secure.... haha!

smartinvest
07-07-08, 12:05
The lowest prices register is 1028psf. There is nothing such as 7XX psf. So do bullshit. IDA may be going after you soon for misleading the public. This is a crime under the Information ACT.

Unregistered123
07-07-08, 13:19
when you sell high high and got silly ppl buy in such sky high price, then you can declare you make profit, now just a paper value! you are kind of sour grapes, nobody want to buy your unit, dispirited by the huge housing loan, business no good, job no secure.... haha!

So many potential buyer been giving offer for $ 1,300psf...But most of the Sea View owner is looking at min $ 1,400psf man. Not like Esta even $ 855psf still no taker...this is sour grapes ???? HA HA...

You can't even offer min $ 1,300psf of course can't stay in Sea View lor....

Unregistered?
07-07-08, 13:42
The lowest prices register is 1028psf. There is nothing such as 7XX psf. So do bullshit. IDA may be going after you soon for misleading the public. This is a crime under the Information ACT.
Halo! anybody mention 7XX psf? this is SV thread, my friend!

smartinvest
07-07-08, 21:11
Maron Please read earlier reply before anyhow post

Originally Posted by ocean
35, AMBER RD, 14-15

dakota sucks
07-07-08, 21:35
New launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Uregistered
07-07-08, 21:41

35, AMBER RD, 14-15

This is a case of the owner taking possession of the unit upon TOP and
its a delayed posting of the caveat. Most likely a defered payment case.

Kovan
08-07-08, 11:04
New launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!

Unreg¡stered
08-07-08, 11:04

Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!
2 idiots talking cock here!

Wake up! This thread is not for St Michael nor Dakota.

oxboy99
21-07-08, 10:17

Just browsing the paper, I can see Anchorage across IKEA Alexander and near ABC market and Tiong Bahru for 1k psf without any negotiation. Why live so far from city when you can buy one 10 min from Orchard with potential for en bloc in future?

But one bad thing is it's old and needs renovation... but I'm sure there are other places which are newer ard that area for ard that price if you want new...

I think a more realistic/reasonable price would be 800psf for this area.

Unreg¡stered
21-07-08, 16:06
Just browsing the paper, I can see Anchorage across IKEA Alexander and near ABC market and Tiong Bahru for 1k psf without any negotiation. Why live so far from city when you can buy one 10 min from Orchard with potential for en bloc in future?

But one bad thing is it's old and needs renovation... but I'm sure there are other places which are newer ard that area for ard that price if you want new...

Siow lah!
$800psf. You have brain damage or what?
No fúcking guts!

It's more like $80psf.
Just say it. We will support you.

Real Estate pundit
21-07-08, 16:46
#14-08 1216sqft $1260psf $1,532,160 30Jun08
#20-20 560sqft $1289psf $716,800 26 Jun08
#03-15 1410sqft $1028psf $1,450,000 17Jun08
#09-14 1647sqft $1450psf $2,388,150 13Jun08
#12-21 1216sqft $1065psf $1,295,040 12Jun08
#08-15 1410sqft $1100psf $1,551,000 10Jun08

No transactions caveated between 1st to 11th july 2008.

I wonder if the marginal owners are still holding out for $1,400psf?

Uregistered
21-07-08, 16:56

keep dreaming and salivating - opp LH 99 Silver Sea laucnhing at min 1.5Kpsf

latour
24-07-08, 09:54
Still waiting for the right time and price.

Real Estate Pundit
24-07-08, 10:43
Developer can launch at any price they want. Finding the buyer to pay for it is another issue.

Can property prices continue to hold at current asking prices?

Now you see big property investors unloading their investment units. Takral Land with many many units of The Sovereign for sale, currently built up to only 1.8 plot ratio too! And the latest is Straits Trading hoping to unload their many many units of Gallop Gables on Farrer Road........guess they not waiting for the MRT to be ready.

Since the big boys are cashing out.....isn't this a sign?

East Lover 2
24-07-08, 11:15
Developer can launch at any price they want. Finding the buyer to pay for it is another issue.

Can property prices continue to hold at current asking prices?

Now you see big property investors unloading their investment units. Takral Land with many many units of The Sovereign for sale, currently built up to only 1.8 plot ratio too! And the latest is Straits Trading hoping to unload their many many units of Gallop Gables on Farrer Road........guess they not waiting for the MRT to be ready.

Since the big boys are cashing out.....isn't this a sign?
Totally agree. The developer can ask any price, the owner can ask whatever high price they want, the question is: who want to buy?
Noticed more and more foreigner went back, the rental will start to drop, how long can the owner hold?

UPUP
24-07-08, 12:10
Totally agree. The developer can ask any price, the owner can ask whatever high price they want, the question is: who want to buy?
Noticed more and more foreigner went back, the rental will start to drop, how long can the owner hold?

You wait long long la......

Citi sees no oversupply of homes in next two years

It estimates only 60% of the 30,000 units forecast will be completed, so fall in prices will be modest

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

ANALYSTS from Citigroup have stuck their necks out to dismiss some market predictions of a crippling property glut in the next two years.

Official figures show that around 30,000 homes will be completed in the next two years, but Citi reckons only around 60 per cent will likely be ready.

If the bank's forecast is accurate, it could mean that downward pressure on prices will not be as great as some had feared.

Citi's report on Singapore property, which came out on Tuesday, pointed to where previous predictions may have got it wrong.

It stated that by the end of March, there were 6,000 collective sale units that had yet to be demolished.

Some of the delays are because of legal challenges over sales, as well as developers extending lease periods for owners due to the weak primary market, Citi said.

It estimated that there will be 8,200 units completed next year and 10,200 in 2010, assuming no further collective sales are done.

These numbers are way below market expectations of 12,500 units next year and 17,500 units in 2010, it said.

These higher supply numbers had led many experts to conclude that an oversupply was on the cards.

But Citi stated: 'We have always argued that such estimates are not always accurate and they often get revised downward over time.'

However, it did not elaborate further on the reasons for its lower supply projections.

Knight Frank director of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak said the direct impact of the supply completion figures on prices is limited because most of these homes would already have been sold.

But a large supply of homes for occupation would negatively affect rentals, and this would in turn hit prices, he added.

Savills Singapore also believes the supply figures released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority are too high.

Mr Ku Swee Yong, its director of marketing and business development, said completion delays in collective sales, as well as delayed launches, have not been factored in.

'There are insufficient construction resources, which means there will likely be delays,' he added.

'Prices of mid- to high-end properties will fall but not to the extent of the 30 per cent to 40 per cent drop predicted by some analysts.'

Banks like Credit Suisse and Barclays Capital have forecast drops of up to 40 per cent in rents and prices, but Citi tips a fall of up to 30 per cent, and largely only in high-end homes.

Citi expects this sector will suffer from falling demand, particularly as expatriates and locals keep downgrading.

That will put downward pressure on rents of prime homes and further pressure on prices, it said.

Citi also said a long downturn like the one that caught out many buyers in the late 1990s and early 2000s is unlikely.

This is because resale volumes are still at above average levels, reflecting strong genuine demand. There is no sign of overbuilding or an overall housing shortage.

Also, mass market homes remain highly affordable and are supported by high rental yields of more than 5 per cent, Citi said.

'Due to the sharp rise, we believe high-end residential is likely to suffer the brunt of the 20 per cent to 30 per cent price decline while the mass market should remain fairly firm.'

The mid-tier segment is likely to fall by 10 per cent to 20 per cent, it said. These are from a high base.

Luxury home prices have surged by 149 per cent since the troughs in 2004.

Prices in the mid-tier and mass-market segments rose by a still robust 79 per cent and 39 per cent respectively.

Unregistered123
24-07-08, 12:17
Read carefully:

Knight Frank director of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak said the direct impact of the supply completion figures on prices is limited because most of these homes would already have been sold.

But a large supply of homes for occupation would negatively affect rentals, and this would in turn hit prices, he added.
The mid-tier segment is likely to fall by 10 per cent to 20 per cent, it said. These are from a high base.

SV is mid-tier right?

Real Estate Pundit
24-07-08, 12:34
I guess UPUP didn't see this posting by Mr Funny 1 hour ago.

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/266757.asp

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oversupply Worse than Expected?

There is a distinct possibility of lower prices with so many developmentsset to be completed at the same time

Colin Tan

RECENT arguments against earlier predictions of a private housing oversupply are overblown, and cannot be further from the truth. In fact, those predicting an oversupply are probably understating their case. How bad the market fares will depend on the economy. But, leaving the economic factor aside, demand and supply factors alone dictate that the market has to correct in a significant way.

But before we go into that, let us examine the construction bottleneck argument. It is claimed, with justification, that this will result in significant delays to future supply. By one industry estimate, only 60 per cent of the 30,000 units forecasted will be completed as scheduled.

But when does completion date matter when new units these days are sold off-plan, even before construction starts? What will impact prices is surely the timing of the sale. Nothing can prevent all 30,000 units from flooding the market within the next 12 months if developers choose to launch. By the same token, nothing can force developers to sell if they don’t want to.

It is easy to forget that there was very little new supply from September last year to May this year. But, in a matter of weeks, this number has probably tripled, or even quadrupled. A friend with an avid interest in properties remarked to me recently that he will need a few months just to visit all the show units.

And while some have predicted a 30-to-40 per cent price correction for the luxury/upper-tier segment, it is interesting to note that this segment actually saw far fewer launches in the past weeks. So, in the current market, the luxury/upper tier segment actually faces less competition and hence, less pressure to lower prices. However, it does not mean it is in a healthier position, as buying for this segment has dwindled to a trickle.

When does completion actually matter in the housing demand and supply equation? I would say, it is when the market is investor-dominated. When buying is mainly done by owner-occupiers, the moment a unit is sold, it is taken out of the supply equation. Supply gets depleted. This was the situation in the past. We determine whether the market is oversupplied or not by the amount of units left unsold versus potential demand.

But, when the market is investor-dominated, sold units held by investors remain in the supply equation as investors need to sell onward to owner-occupiers or have them tenanted.

By my conservative estimates, more than 50 per cent of the units sold in 2006 to 2007 were bought by investors. This is because the high prevailing prices then were beyond the affordability of most owner-occupiers. This is supported by a recent National University of Singapore study which showed that the affordability of owner-occupiers for private housing has declined significantly in recent years.

Some projects, such as The Sail at Marina Bay, Marina Bay Residences and One Shenton, as well as those on Sentosa island, will most definitely have a higher proportion of investor buyers — as high as 60 to 80 per cent — because there are few of the amenities nearby, such as schools, which are usually desired by owner-occupiers, unless a case can be made out that the majority of units are holiday homes for the super-rich, or are bought by singles. For singles, their level of affordability is even lower.

Between the second quarter of 2006 and third quarter of 2007, developers sold an astounding 22,651 units. This translates to an annual average pace of about 15,100 units, or about double the long-term average absorption rate of about 7,000 to 8,000 units. Conservatively, this means at least 12,000 “sold” units remain in the supply equation.

When these investor-owned units are completed, someone has to occupy them. If rentals then cannot cover mortgage payments and if owners are highly-geared, they will have to contemplate selling the units sooner or later.

If more owners are in the same predicament, the competition to sell will result in lower prices.

The writer is head of research at Chesterton International.

oxboy99
24-07-08, 15:53

Uh... are u kidding?

I can get The Sail for that price and I get a view of the IR - the cheapest in the paper is 1.6kpsf for The Sail in ****ing Raffles Place with covered walkway to the MRT. Can you beat that?!

And the price will only go up for The Sail while the launch of Silversea will only drag down Seaview and One Amber prices once the area over saturates. Oh wait... judging from the traffic jams.... it already has!

UpUp
26-07-08, 17:46
I guess UPUP didn't see this posting by Mr Funny 1 hour ago.

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/266757.asp

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oversupply Worse than Expected?

There is a distinct possibility of lower prices with so many developmentsset to be completed at the same time

Colin Tan

RECENT arguments against earlier predictions of a private housing oversupply are overblown, and cannot be further from the truth. In fact, those predicting an oversupply are probably understating their case. How bad the market fares will depend on the economy. But, leaving the economic factor aside, demand and supply factors alone dictate that the market has to correct in a significant way.

But before we go into that, let us examine the construction bottleneck argument. It is claimed, with justification, that this will result in significant delays to future supply. By one industry estimate, only 60 per cent of the 30,000 units forecasted will be completed as scheduled.

But when does completion date matter when new units these days are sold off-plan, even before construction starts? What will impact prices is surely the timing of the sale. Nothing can prevent all 30,000 units from flooding the market within the next 12 months if developers choose to launch. By the same token, nothing can force developers to sell if they don’t want to.

It is easy to forget that there was very little new supply from September last year to May this year. But, in a matter of weeks, this number has probably tripled, or even quadrupled. A friend with an avid interest in properties remarked to me recently that he will need a few months just to visit all the show units.

And while some have predicted a 30-to-40 per cent price correction for the luxury/upper-tier segment, it is interesting to note that this segment actually saw far fewer launches in the past weeks. So, in the current market, the luxury/upper tier segment actually faces less competition and hence, less pressure to lower prices. However, it does not mean it is in a healthier position, as buying for this segment has dwindled to a trickle.

When does completion actually matter in the housing demand and supply equation? I would say, it is when the market is investor-dominated. When buying is mainly done by owner-occupiers, the moment a unit is sold, it is taken out of the supply equation. Supply gets depleted. This was the situation in the past. We determine whether the market is oversupplied or not by the amount of units left unsold versus potential demand.

But, when the market is investor-dominated, sold units held by investors remain in the supply equation as investors need to sell onward to owner-occupiers or have them tenanted.

By my conservative estimates, more than 50 per cent of the units sold in 2006 to 2007 were bought by investors. This is because the high prevailing prices then were beyond the affordability of most owner-occupiers. This is supported by a recent National University of Singapore study which showed that the affordability of owner-occupiers for private housing has declined significantly in recent years.

Some projects, such as The Sail at Marina Bay, Marina Bay Residences and One Shenton, as well as those on Sentosa island, will most definitely have a higher proportion of investor buyers — as high as 60 to 80 per cent — because there are few of the amenities nearby, such as schools, which are usually desired by owner-occupiers, unless a case can be made out that the majority of units are holiday homes for the super-rich, or are bought by singles. For singles, their level of affordability is even lower.

Between the second quarter of 2006 and third quarter of 2007, developers sold an astounding 22,651 units. This translates to an annual average pace of about 15,100 units, or about double the long-term average absorption rate of about 7,000 to 8,000 units. Conservatively, this means at least 12,000 “sold” units remain in the supply equation.

When these investor-owned units are completed, someone has to occupy them. If rentals then cannot cover mortgage payments and if owners are highly-geared, they will have to contemplate selling the units sooner or later.

If more owners are in the same predicament, the competition to sell will result in lower prices.

The writer is head of research at Chesterton International.

Private homes to take a slower road to completion

Many units pushed back as costs rise and sentiment falters
The latest news is good or bad - depending on your point of view. Official data now shows that the number of private homes that could be completed by end-2011 may be less than previously thought - which means residential rental and capital values could hold better than expected.

Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) latest Q2 figures, based on quarterly surveys of developers, showed that 46,480 private homes are expected to be completed between Q3 2008 and end-2011. This figure is 18 per cent - or 10,021 units - lower than the figure of 56,501 units slated for completion between Q2 2008 and 2011 listed in URA’s Q1 data.
Of these, 2,587 units were completed in the second quarter and have hence been removed from the supply pipeline, URA explained. Other completions have been put on hold as some developments have been postponed - as seen in the case of some en bloc sale sites. Rising construction costs and cautious market sentiment have delayed the construction of other projects.
Notwithstanding this, URA highlighted that the total supply of new private homes in the pipeline stood at 67,569 units as at end-Q2 2008 - about the same as 67,736 units at end-Q1. However, more of these units may now see completion after 2011.

Some industry players welcomed the latest figures, which will hopefully clear up some of the question marks about home completions.
Knight Frank managing director Tan Tiong Cheng said: ‘Rents should hold better and capital values should also hold slightly better. Basically the window widens for those who’ve bought homes earlier on deferred payment schemes to clear their purchases if their units are in projects whose completions are being delayed. In short, there should be less panic selling.’
Typically, deferred payment schemes - scrapped since last October - expire when a project is completed, which is when buyers have to pay the bulk of their purchase price to developers. As a result, ’specuvestors’ tend to offload their units in projects before they are completed.
However, Mr Tan also pointed to a potential downside for developers whose projects are in the immediate vicinities of condos sold earlier. ‘As a developer, I face competition for sellers from those specuvestors who’ve bought in nearby projects for a longer period now if the project completions are delayed.’
URA’s price index for non-landed private homes in Core Central Region (CCR) dipped 0.1 per cent in Q2 over the preceding quarter - for the first time since Q1 2004, the earliest period for which such data is available.
The Q2 decline in CCR - which includes the prime districts 9, 10 and 11, the financial district and Sentosa Cove - came on the back of a 0.5 per cent drop in the price index for uncompleted homes in the region; the index for completed homes rose 0.3 per cent.
Non-landed home price index (overall, covering both completed and uncompleted units) rose 0.7 per cent in Q2 for Rest of Central Region and by 0.9 per cent in Outside Central Region.
URA’s headline islandwide price index for private homes (landed and non-landed) inched up 0.2 per cent quarter on quarter in Q2 - weaker than the 0.4 per cent flash estimate rise announced earlier this month. The index has risen 3.9 per cent in the first half from the end-2007 level - after escalating 31.2 per cent for the whole of 2007.
Looking ahead, CB Richard Ellis executive director Li Hiaw Ho said: ‘Correction of residential prices, to the tune of 5 to 10 per cent in H2 2008, will be inevitable but is likely to vary according to location, product type and target market’, citing the continued toll of the sub-prime mortgage meltdown on the global economy and high inflation.
Developers sold a total 1,525 private homes in Q2, double the Q1 volume. But overall in H1 2008, they have sold only 2,287 units, which is around just one quarter of the 9,912 units developers sold in the same period last year.
The total number of subsale transactions - often seen as a proxy for speculative activity - rose 10.6 per cent quarter on quarter to 440. Leading the pack was the Outside Central Region (OCR), where subsale volume jumped 39 per cent to 154 units. Subsales in Q2 made up 8.1 per cent of private home deals in the region, which includes mass-market locations, up from 6.7 per cent in Q1.
URA said that examples of projects that saw significant subsales in OCR in Q2 include The Centris in Jurong (15 units) and The Raintree near Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (16 units). Analysts say that The Calrose in Yio Chu Kang and Varsity Park Condo also saw at least 10 subsales each in Q2.
Some of these projects have either received Temporary Occupation Permit or will be getting it soon; investors tend to sell off units shortly before or after a project gets TOP as buyers are willing to pay a slightly higher price then, because units can be immediately rented, analysts noted.

AgentKoh
27-07-08, 20:35
Private homes to take a slower road to completion

Many units pushed back as costs rise and sentiment falters
The latest news is good or bad - depending on your point of view. Official data now shows that the number of private homes that could be completed by end-2011 may be less than previously thought - which means residential rental and capital values could hold better than expected.

Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) latest Q2 figures, based on quarterly surveys of developers, showed that 46,480 private homes are expected to be completed between Q3 2008 and end-2011. This figure is 18 per cent - or 10,021 units - lower than the figure of 56,501 units slated for completion between Q2 2008 and 2011 listed in URA’s Q1 data.
Of these, 2,587 units were completed in the second quarter and have hence been removed from the supply pipeline, URA explained. Other completions have been put on hold as some developments have been postponed - as seen in the case of some en bloc sale sites. Rising construction costs and cautious market sentiment have delayed the construction of other projects.
Notwithstanding this, URA highlighted that the total supply of new private homes in the pipeline stood at 67,569 units as at end-Q2 2008 - about the same as 67,736 units at end-Q1. However, more of these units may now see completion after 2011.

Some industry players welcomed the latest figures, which will hopefully clear up some of the question marks about home completions.
Knight Frank managing director Tan Tiong Cheng said: ‘Rents should hold better and capital values should also hold slightly better. Basically the window widens for those who’ve bought homes earlier on deferred payment schemes to clear their purchases if their units are in projects whose completions are being delayed. In short, there should be less panic selling.’
Typically, deferred payment schemes - scrapped since last October - expire when a project is completed, which is when buyers have to pay the bulk of their purchase price to developers. As a result, ’specuvestors’ tend to offload their units in projects before they are completed.
However, Mr Tan also pointed to a potential downside for developers whose projects are in the immediate vicinities of condos sold earlier. ‘As a developer, I face competition for sellers from those specuvestors who’ve bought in nearby projects for a longer period now if the project completions are delayed.’
URA’s price index for non-landed private homes in Core Central Region (CCR) dipped 0.1 per cent in Q2 over the preceding quarter - for the first time since Q1 2004, the earliest period for which such data is available.
The Q2 decline in CCR - which includes the prime districts 9, 10 and 11, the financial district and Sentosa Cove - came on the back of a 0.5 per cent drop in the price index for uncompleted homes in the region; the index for completed homes rose 0.3 per cent.
Non-landed home price index (overall, covering both completed and uncompleted units) rose 0.7 per cent in Q2 for Rest of Central Region and by 0.9 per cent in Outside Central Region.
URA’s headline islandwide price index for private homes (landed and non-landed) inched up 0.2 per cent quarter on quarter in Q2 - weaker than the 0.4 per cent flash estimate rise announced earlier this month. The index has risen 3.9 per cent in the first half from the end-2007 level - after escalating 31.2 per cent for the whole of 2007.
Looking ahead, CB Richard Ellis executive director Li Hiaw Ho said: ‘Correction of residential prices, to the tune of 5 to 10 per cent in H2 2008, will be inevitable but is likely to vary according to location, product type and target market’, citing the continued toll of the sub-prime mortgage meltdown on the global economy and high inflation.
Developers sold a total 1,525 private homes in Q2, double the Q1 volume. But overall in H1 2008, they have sold only 2,287 units, which is around just one quarter of the 9,912 units developers sold in the same period last year.
The total number of subsale transactions - often seen as a proxy for speculative activity - rose 10.6 per cent quarter on quarter to 440. Leading the pack was the Outside Central Region (OCR), where subsale volume jumped 39 per cent to 154 units. Subsales in Q2 made up 8.1 per cent of private home deals in the region, which includes mass-market locations, up from 6.7 per cent in Q1.
URA said that examples of projects that saw significant subsales in OCR in Q2 include The Centris in Jurong (15 units) and The Raintree near Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (16 units). Analysts say that The Calrose in Yio Chu Kang and Varsity Park Condo also saw at least 10 subsales each in Q2.
Some of these projects have either received Temporary Occupation Permit or will be getting it soon; investors tend to sell off units shortly before or after a project gets TOP as buyers are willing to pay a slightly higher price then, because units can be immediately rented, analysts noted.

Prices are sinking. SELL before too late

27-07-08, 20:52
Privatehousing market colleapsing very soon, by end year prices will go down by at least 30%, why buy anything now?

AK47
28-07-08, 00:00
Referencing an article by Fiona on todays news paper. It was quoted The Seaview rental has no demand.

I am skeptical as it usually take a while for a newly TOP project to fill up, especially for larger projects and Seaview is pretty large.

Any owner like to share his situation?

Unreg¡stered
28-07-08, 12:57
Privatehousing market colleapsing very soon, by end year prices will go down by at least 30%, why buy anything now?
You say going down by 30%.
They say going up by 30%.
All are talking cock cos' talk cock is free.

That's why people are ignoring all these going down/up cocks and still buying based on their own analysis.

Unreg¡stered
28-07-08, 12:59
Prices are sinking. SELL before too late
You say sinking.
AgentHo says rising.
Both of you are talking cock cos' talk cock is free.

That's why people are ignoring the Koh's and Ho's cocks and buying based on their own analysis.

Unregistered1
29-07-08, 11:48
Record 13,400 homes to be completed next year
Rents expected to fall, especially in prime districts and East Coast. Fiona Chan reports.

Next year is likely to be a bad one for landlords.
A bumper crop of newly completed homes is scheduled to flood the market, making more apartments available for rent and pushing down rents, which saw record rises last year.

And with lower rents, private home prices - which industry observers say have reached their peak - may drop further, especially those in the prime districts.

A massive 13,399 new private homes will be ready for occupation next year. This is double the average in recent years and the most in a single year, according to property consultancy CB Richard Ellis (CBRE).

Official supply numbers show 10,500 completions next year and 11,800 the year after, but CBRE's analysis, based on construction progress and delays, reveals more completions next year.

It expects this new supply to depress rents by 5 to 10 per cent on average next year, coming on top of a global economic slowdown that might lead firms to hire fewer expatriates, the main source of tenants.

In the prime areas, rents could slide up to 15 per cent next year, on top of a decline that has already begun this year, predicted CBRE.

Popular rental areas such as the East Coast and Orchard will be among the worst hit as keen demand for homes there in recent years led developers to build aggressively.

An 'alarming' 3,341 new homes will be completed in the East Coast next year, double the number this year, CBRE said. Major projects in the area, which covers Katong and Marine Parade to Bedok and Changi, include the 562-unit One Amber and the 556-unit Casa Merah.

In the prime districts 9, 10 and 11, some 4,240 homes will be ready in areas such as Orchard, Holland, River Valley, Tanglin and Newton. RiverGate, with 545 units, is the biggest condominium scheduled to open its doors.

Suburban areas will also see a large jump in finished homes next year. In the north and north-west, for example, there will be 10 times more than this year.

But this is unlikely to result in a glut or lower rents as most suburban home buyers intend to occupy their units.

Property experts warn that many major prime projects to be ready this year and next are those that had attracted investors rather than owner-occupiers, which means their units will add to the rental supply.

'Some big condos in the downtown areas have a higher proportion of investors,' said Mr Colin Tan of property firm Chesterton International. These include the 1,111-unit Sail @ Marina Bay, which will be fully completed by the end of this year, and the 312-unit Clift in McCallum Road, expected next year.

'We don't even have to wait for the 14,000 homes next year; rents are already moderating and should come down in the third quarter,' he said, adding that landlords are lowering their asking rentals.

He cited the case of The Sea View in Amber Road, whose 546 units were completed this year. 'I asked someone there, how are the rents? He said: 'I'm not sure really, there's no demand'.'

This will be welcome news for renters, who have had to face ever-increasing rents over the last two years.

Rents have shot up 60 per cent on average since 2006 and even doubled in some places, thanks to an influx of expats and a shortage of rental homes.

For example, in Cuscaden Residences in the Tanglin area, a typical 1,485 sq ft unit could fetch $9,200 in monthly rents last year, from about $6,500 in 2005. This year, it has fallen to $8,100, according to recent reports. Next year, it could fall by another 10 per cent to $7,300, if CBRE's predictions come true.

Entrepreneur Sebastien Dechamps, 29, who came here from France three years ago and started a website for expatriates, said high rents have seen more expatriates moving away from the city to places in the north and the east.

'The fall in rental prices is definitely good news. It might encourage expats to move to the city, which is great because they can put more vibrancy back into the city and into its nightlife,' he said.

A fall in rentals generally leads to a fall in home prices for two reasons: landlords, less able to service their mortgages, are willing to let go of their units more cheaply, while would-be investors will only pay as much as a home can fetch in rents.

The supply situation is not likely to improve beyond 2010: The latest official data shows that apart from the 21,000 or so homes to be completed over the next two years, there are another 20,000 homes scheduled to be built in 2011.

But Savills Singapore's director of business development and marketing, Mr Ku Swee Yong, is still optimistic.

He expects higher than average housing demand during 'the next few years of growth', and believes that after accounting for demolitions of collective sale estates, the 'net supply should be balanced by demand'.

Source: Straits Times

Unregistered1
29-07-08, 11:50
He cited the case of The Sea View in Amber Road, whose 546 units were completed this year. 'I asked someone there, how are the rents? He said: 'I'm not sure really, there's no demand'.'
How true is it? what's the impact?

abc
29-07-08, 20:46
How true is it? what's the impact?

Alamak, this clown asked the cleaning aunty / uncle, sure they tell them....don't know lah!!!

Go and do your professional self a favour, ask the right sources and do the your sum right. So many units are now rented out. Mine and my next door neighbor oso rented out. What nonsense this lazy reporter said, no demand.

vino
29-07-08, 21:31
Alamak, this clown asked the cleaning aunty / uncle, sure they tell them....don't know lah!!!

Go and do your professional self a favour, ask the right sources and do the your sum right. So many units are now rented out. Mine and my next door neighbor oso rented out. What nonsense this lazy reporter said, no demand.

Rental demand is definitely there, is a matter of what price only. If owner ask sky high rental then good luck to you. Some expats are downgrading by moving to outskirts already. There's a limit to everything, for property owners who think Singapore is different becoz of blah blah blah then may your luck be with you.

abc
30-07-08, 13:48
Rental demand is definitely there, is a matter of what price only. If owner ask sky high rental then good luck to you. Some expats are downgrading by moving to outskirts already. There's a limit to everything, for property owners who think Singapore is different becoz of blah blah blah then may your luck be with you.

Just to let you know, rented out above $7,500k for 4 rm units (unfurnished). Likewise for my next door unit. Is this high or low? On top of that, when I go back to Seaview, I can see many expats with agents, looking for rental.

Yeah, expats are moving to D15, East Coast side. Even my landed property next door negihbor rented out to CEO.....he shifted from D11. So, agreed with you, those D9,10,11 are shifting to D15. In short, actually, The Seaview benefited from the shift.....D9,10,11.

Those shifted to outskirts are on the small budget. Good for everyone, at least those in the outskirts also got expats. Wonderful!

where
30-07-08, 17:18

35, AMBER RD, 14-15

how do u retrieve this information? from URA website?

vino
30-07-08, 22:39
Just to let you know, rented out above $7,500k for 4 rm units (unfurnished). Likewise for my next door unit. Is this high or low? On top of that, when I go back to Seaview, I can see many expats with agents, looking for rental.

Yeah, expats are moving to D15, East Coast side. Even my landed property next door negihbor rented out to CEO.....he shifted from D11. So, agreed with you, those D9,10,11 are shifting to D15. In short, actually, The Seaview benefited from the shift.....D9,10,11.

Those shifted to outskirts are on the small budget. Good for everyone, at least those in the outskirts also got expats. Wonderful!

To really assess how good is your rental, do you mind me asking what's your purchase price for this 4 rooms unit?

oxboy99
31-07-08, 09:50
Why rent a 4 bedroom at Marine Parade and have to travel via car or bus for $7,500?

You can get a 3 bedroom at Dhoby Ghout for the same and use MRT with Carrefour next door and Orchard 5 min walk. More eco-friendly, right?

It's so good that I'm thinking of renting out mine... any agents here interested?

cl0ver
31-07-08, 12:00
interesting article on rents in TODAY.
i doubt all this high rentals will hold any longer...

Desperated Seaview Owner
01-08-08, 09:51

Forget it! There are a few desperated seaview owner here, anyhow bluff, super defensive!

Are you sure got ppl willing to pay so much? and for how long? the same price can find a good place in better districts already! Time changed already, bro! Don't forget your shoebox size bedroom! Are you sure ur big size expats can squeeze in?

Desperated Seaview Owner
01-08-08, 09:53
SINGAPORE - Singapore's jobless rate rose to a one-year high as firms slowed hiring amid choppy financial markets and a weakening global economy, and analysts warned that unemployment may climb in coming months.
The service sector added 37,600 workers, down from the gains of 46,500 in the first quarter but still slightly higher than 36,800 in the second quarter last year

The jobless rate rose to 2.3 per cent in the April-June period after seasonal adjustments, compared to 2 per cent in the previous quarter, the Ministry of Manpower said in preliminary data on Thursday.

Employment rose by 70,600 in the second quarter, slowing from a rise of 73,200 in the January-March period.

Economists said the rising jobless rate was evidence that the economic slowdown had extended beyond economic data and was spreading into the real economy, although Singapore's labour market is still expected to remain tight this year.

'The labour market is going to soften as growth...slows,' said Irvin Seah, an economist at DBS. 'We don't expect a sharp rise in retrenchments but things are going to move along at a slower pace.'

Economists said the tight labour market - the unemployment rate was at a 10-year low in the fourth quarter - may fuel price pressures in Singapore where inflation is at a 26-year high.

'The labour market is still tight but it is moving towards a more sustainable pace that will soften the margin squeeze on companies,' Mr Seah said.

The booming construction industry created a record 22,100 jobs in the second quarter, compared to 14,500 in the first three months of the year, as building deals carried over from last year's red-hot property market - which has since cooled - continued to fuel activity.

Services, which includes the key financial sector, added 37,600 jobs in the April-June period, slowing from the first quarter when 46,500 jobs were created.

Employment in manufacturing rose by 10,200, down from an increase of 11,800 in the first quarter.

Retrenchments in Singapore fell to 1,900 in the second quarter from 2,274 in the previous quarter.

Heng Swee Keat, Singapore's central bank chief, said this month unemployment rate is seen at 2 per cent for 2008.

Economies across Asia are expected to slow this year as growth in the key US and Europe export markets weaken, while demand in emerging markets are not as strong as hoped.

Singapore's trade-driven economy, a barometer for global demand for Asian exports, shrank an annualised and seasonally adjusted 6.6 per cent in the second quarter, its biggest contraction in five years.

Desperated Seaview Owner
01-08-08, 13:10
Forget it! There are a few desperated seaview owner here, anyhow bluff, super defensive!

Are you sure got ppl willing to pay so much? and for how long? the same price can find a good place in better districts already! Time changed already, bro! Don't forget your shoebox size bedroom! Are you sure ur big size expats can squeeze in?

sorry, I am very bullish lah...wrong opinion posted

Desperated Seaview Owner
01-08-08, 14:25
Eventhough I'm so desperated, I still would like to share this valuable article copied from other thread, in conclusion, SV is too high to buy now, trust me.

Investing in Property: Hedge against Inflation ?

One of the strongest argument for buying property now, even though property price is obviously high, is that buying a property can help one to hedge against inflation. People who hold dear to this argument would typically quote the success story of their parents who bought landed properties in the 1970s at a few thousand and of course, these properties are worthed millions today. A very convincing argument it seems. I remember how friends who bought properties in the mid 90s' peak put forward the same argument too. But then, we all know, today, more than 10 years later, they are still holding on to a negative asset.

Buying property to hedge against inflation makes sense only if the entry price is right

Property investment as a hedge against inflation does not justify any entry price for property, which is what the advocates of this argument is trying to suggest. "It's ok to buy now even though property price is high," argued the advocates diligently, "because property price will still go up in 30 years time."

Consider: The Higher Your Entry Price, The Bigger Your Mortgage, The Bigger Your Risk

Mortgage brings with it the risk of not being able to service the loans and sufferring a bank foreclosure. You could lose all your life savings and being in debt for the rest of your life. So what's the advice ?", you ask. Well, you can buy a property to hedge against inflation, but first of all, consider the affordability.

Consider: Affordability's The Overriding Consideration

You read about the success stories of property investors. Do you know there are property investments that have gone very wrong, stories with sad endings? I do, I still see friends who lost everything in the property market during the 1998's market crash living with the misery of a bad property investment. They are bankrupts. Their health have failed. They brought misery to themselves and their families. One has gone senile, leaving his family to worry about the bank loans who has to hide what little money they can earn. It's a story of glory to rag.

Consider: With Mortgage Interest & Forgone Deposit Interest taken account, you may actually be paying 200% for your property.

Often people look at the property price as what they've paid at the time of purchase but really it costs much more than that when the mortgage interest and forgone interests from CPF and FD are taken into account. If the total amount you paid ends up to be 200% of the purchase price, then unless your property value (including rental yield) increases by more than 200% in the same period, you're actually still having a negative asset.

Consider: Property Depreciation Over Time

Property value depreciates with age, and especially for 99-leasehold properties. So for those who justify buying property at the current high price, you may also want to consider the property depreciation over time.

Consider: "BUY LOW, SELL HIGH" Strategy

A Smart Buyer wrote, "Property price goes up and down .. clever buyers will aim to buy at the low point of each cycle, even if property price is on the upward trend in the long run, .. now with so many bad news, a down cycle is more likely in the near future .. population growth to 6.5 million is over 50 years lah, no need to be so kan cheong... besides developers asking prices are already 10 years ahead .. "

Happy is the man who buy low, sell high.

Yet another wrote, "Being in the property industry myself, I have got the opportunities to meet people whom I really considered them as investors... these are the people who are capable of earning a gain of over 30% in merely 2 years.... i have met them so i believe its true and possible... *salute their far sightedness*. So what is their winning strategy? It's exactly: buy low & sell high".

The "BUY LOW, SELL HIGH" strategy not only brings higher return on your property asset, it also brings less risk since you buy low, and hence, less worries and more likely, a happier life.

The question therefore is not whether buying property can hedge against inflation, but when are lows and highs of the property cycles.

Stoop
01-08-08, 17:46
Eventhough I'm so desperated, I still would like to share this valuable article copied from other thread, in conclusion, SV is too high to buy now, trust me.

Investing in Property: Hedge against Inflation ?

One of the strongest argument for buying property now, even though property price is obviously high, is that buying a property can help one to hedge against inflation. People who hold dear to this argument would typically quote the success story of their parents who bought landed properties in the 1970s at a few thousand and of course, these properties are worthed millions today. A very convincing argument it seems. I remember how friends who bought properties in the mid 90s' peak put forward the same argument too. But then, we all know, today, more than 10 years later, they are still holding on to a negative asset.

Buying property to hedge against inflation makes sense only if the entry price is right

Property investment as a hedge against inflation does not justify any entry price for property, which is what the advocates of this argument is trying to suggest. "It's ok to buy now even though property price is high," argued the advocates diligently, "because property price will still go up in 30 years time."

Consider: The Higher Your Entry Price, The Bigger Your Mortgage, The Bigger Your Risk

Mortgage brings with it the risk of not being able to service the loans and sufferring a bank foreclosure. You could lose all your life savings and being in debt for the rest of your life. So what's the advice ?", you ask. Well, you can buy a property to hedge against inflation, but first of all, consider the affordability.

Consider: Affordability's The Overriding Consideration

You read about the success stories of property investors. Do you know there are property investments that have gone very wrong, stories with sad endings? I do, I still see friends who lost everything in the property market during the 1998's market crash living with the misery of a bad property investment. They are bankrupts. Their health have failed. They brought misery to themselves and their families. One has gone senile, leaving his family to worry about the bank loans who has to hide what little money they can earn. It's a story of glory to rag.

Consider: With Mortgage Interest & Forgone Deposit Interest taken account, you may actually be paying 200% for your property.

Often people look at the property price as what they've paid at the time of purchase but really it costs much more than that when the mortgage interest and forgone interests from CPF and FD are taken into account. If the total amount you paid ends up to be 200% of the purchase price, then unless your property value (including rental yield) increases by more than 200% in the same period, you're actually still having a negative asset.

Consider: Property Depreciation Over Time

Property value depreciates with age, and especially for 99-leasehold properties. So for those who justify buying property at the current high price, you may also want to consider the property depreciation over time.

Consider: "BUY LOW, SELL HIGH" Strategy

A Smart Buyer wrote, "Property price goes up and down .. clever buyers will aim to buy at the low point of each cycle, even if property price is on the upward trend in the long run, .. now with so many bad news, a down cycle is more likely in the near future .. population growth to 6.5 million is over 50 years lah, no need to be so kan cheong... besides developers asking prices are already 10 years ahead .. "

Happy is the man who buy low, sell high.

Yet another wrote, "Being in the property industry myself, I have got the opportunities to meet people whom I really considered them as investors... these are the people who are capable of earning a gain of over 30% in merely 2 years.... i have met them so i believe its true and possible... *salute their far sightedness*. So what is their winning strategy? It's exactly: buy low & sell high".

The "BUY LOW, SELL HIGH" strategy not only brings higher return on your property asset, it also brings less risk since you buy low, and hence, less worries and more likely, a happier life.

The question therefore is not whether buying property can hedge against inflation, but when are lows and highs of the property cycles.

The thing is one man's high is another man's low leh....

Unegistered
01-08-08, 17:56
If u say dont buy SeaView now - then what price do u think is right to buy at ?

If u look at neighbouring ppty Amber Residence launch also at 1.5kpsf, Parc SeaBreeze also at similar price and they have stop sales due to market
sentiment.

FE plan to launch SS at 1.5k psf up for its 99yr LH

Another 99yr LH Cote asking 1K psf onwards

So your basis for just making sweeping statements doesnt hold any water....

FireSales
01-08-08, 18:45
its starting... Esta already having fire sale at $850 psft.... and ive seen some SeaView units going at $1000psft. It won't be before long that we will see 850-900 psft for Seaview...

oxboy99
01-08-08, 18:49
This is my analysis of Seaview.

The price is too high because most of the space is the balcony of which you will rarely use unless you are sleeping out there. Most people are using to dry clothes! There are some with a whole cushioned dining room there - good luck with the sun and rain!

Another wasted space is the super big living room. You can practically build another kitchen like Reflections. WTF?! Am I going to have an orgy of 50 people over??? Open a disco in my living room??? What a waste...

Finally, the rooms are left with only so much space. Can you even fit a queen sized bed in the other bedrooms? The master bedroom is thankfully not as small but is not far from being spacious.

And the wardrobe... *sigh* it's the stupid fugly things from The Sail. I would have to factor the cost in removing the cheap ass looking thing.

Ok... now the good things! The kitchen is spacious and looks nicely done. The 5 swimming pools make the whole area look like a resort. The clubhouse looks like a mausoleum which adds to the cool factor - although I was a bit let down inside but it's ok. The gym at least has space for weights and a heavy duty bench press. I love the sliding space age doors to the gym and also the buildings. The area was very windy when I went there and there was a view of the sea but it's sad Silversea will eventually block it with it's 22 storey 99 year lease only building (better dun build it FES - waste money).

I'm still deciding to invest or not... Can I reonvate to make the bedrooms bigger? *sigh*

Maybe wait for Silversea to come up and reduce the value? Hahaha

C'mon you know it will.... :tongue3:

But I do feel bad for the Seaview owners. They have a freehold place and it's so nice. Then suddenly another guy want to build a stupid 99 year lease and block you. *sigh* Hope no one buys and FES have to call off the construction. Hehe

Dirty sea
01-08-08, 20:45
Did you say the clubhouse look like a mausoleum? OMG!!!! Will some dead people emerge from the tomb or not?

Forget about near the sea. Singapore beach is infected with bacteria and faeces and oil and chemical spills . Look at Pasir Ris beach, now confirm not safe to swim or touch the sand. East Coast is not much better - used condoms, mineral water bottles, toxic oil spills, faeces can be found in the water. Better to stay away as it is a real health hazard. There're definitely cleaner places in Singapore.

legistered
01-08-08, 21:09
This is my analysis of Seaview.

The price is too high because most of the space is the balcony of which you will rarely use unless you are sleeping out there. Most people are using to dry clothes! There are some with a whole cushioned dining room there - good luck with the sun and rain!

Another wasted space is the super big living room. You can practically build another kitchen like Reflections. WTF?! Am I going to have an orgy of 50 people over??? Open a disco in my living room??? What a waste...

Finally, the rooms are left with only so much space. Can you even fit a queen sized bed in the other bedrooms? The master bedroom is thankfully not as small but is not far from being spacious.

And the wardrobe... *sigh* it's the stupid fugly things from The Sail. I would have to factor the cost in removing the cheap ass looking thing.

Ok... now the good things! The kitchen is spacious and looks nicely done. The 5 swimming pools make the whole area look like a resort. The clubhouse looks like a mausoleum which adds to the cool factor - although I was a bit let down inside but it's ok. The gym at least has space for weights and a heavy duty bench press. I love the sliding space age doors to the gym and also the buildings. The area was very windy when I went there and there was a view of the sea but it's sad Silversea will eventually block it with it's 22 storey 99 year lease only building (better dun build it FES - waste money).

I'm still deciding to invest or not... Can I reonvate to make the bedrooms bigger? *sigh*

Maybe wait for Silversea to come up and reduce the value? Hahaha

C'mon you know it will.... :tongue3:

But I do feel bad for the Seaview owners. They have a freehold place and it's so nice. Then suddenly another guy want to build a stupid 99 year lease and block you. *sigh* Hope no one buys and FES have to call off the construction. Hehe

Your aNal-ysis is that of "sour grapes" - probably full of regret at not owning any unit at SeaView condo.

Every project has its pros and cons - and about SS causing SV price to
drop - i doubt you have any knowledge of property values in terms of
99LH and FH land....sigh.

Unregistered1000
01-08-08, 21:56
One of the major shortcoming of the seaview project is the facing, it has west sun facing at most units, must be extremely hot in the afternoon!

Unregistered1
01-08-08, 23:06
West sun is fine with me. I think it is a uniquely Singaporean syndrom to be so afraid of the sun!

One of the major shortcoming of the seaview project is the facing, it has west sun facing at most units, must be extremely hot in the afternoon!

Ambro
01-08-08, 23:26

What abt One Amber and Esta - cant escape the west sun......

buy
02-08-08, 22:20
which country dun have houses that face the west sun?

Interested
02-08-08, 22:37

This is very true. Went there to see.... it is really hot. The agent say those who bought Seaview... most likely on air con 24 hrs... just like the lobby.... this is $%^&^%&*^%

oxboy99
03-08-08, 09:28
Was there yesterday to see more units. The West sun will hit one of the bedrooms and it was like a sauna! You will need to invest in curtains with a plastic layer (forget what it's called) to block out the light or a V-Cool strip.

Some units facing the other side (Cote D'Azure side) will be blocked and was MUCH cooler.

Also noticed the parquay flooring is sub standard. Will need to redo that if buying...

Those wanting to invest will note Esta (which is also Freehold) will TOP in Oct 2008. And not to mention One Amber (Freehold) due in 2010.

The prices are sure to drop...

bullboy
03-08-08, 12:52
oh common oxy, which project doesnt have any units that dont face west sun - you are just trying to pick bones out of the fish.

registere
03-08-08, 12:55
oh common oxy, which project doesnt have any units that dont face west sun - you are just trying to pick bones out of the fish.

Probably he cant afford the "fish", so all he can say is too many bones,
so dun want to buy...

The Joker
03-08-08, 23:25
I heard this from a property agent.....that The Sea View will change to "The Silver Sea View"!

True or not?

Unregistered12345
04-08-08, 03:49
Latest from URA website...... in JUly, one unit sold for a staggering $1550 psf. Seaview prices holding up very, very well.

Real Estate Pundit
04-08-08, 07:45
Latest from URA website...... in JUly, one unit sold for a staggering $1550 psf. Seaview prices holding up very, very well.

You are right about 1 transaction at $1550! Holding up? I don't think so.....it is just a case where the seller or agent found a sucker paying october 2007 price! The poor Basxxrd paid way too much money, some more for 3rd floor! OMG!

#03-11 1410sqft $1277psf $1,800,000 18Jul08
#03-22 1410sqft $1550psf $2,185,500 17Jul08
#05-15 1410sqft $1050psf $1,480,000 7Jul08
#14-08 1216sqft $1260psf $1,532,160 30Jun08
#20-20 560sqft $1289psf $716,800 26 Jun08
#03-15 1410sqft $1028psf $1,450,000 17Jun08
#09-14 1647sqft $1450psf $2,388,150 13Jun08
#12-21 1216sqft $1065psf $1,295,040 12Jun08
#08-15 1410sqft $1100psf $1,551,000 10Jun08

I wonder if the marginal owners are still holding out for $1,400psf?

Desperated Seaview Owner
04-08-08, 09:40
Your aNal-ysis is that of "sour grapes" - probably full of regret at not owning any unit at SeaView condo.

Every project has its pros and cons - and about SS causing SV price to
drop - i doubt you have any knowledge of property values in terms of
99LH and FH land....sigh.
Haha, this must be my typical desperated neighbour! You say something no good about SV, then you must be "sour grapes"; you say some more, then you must can't afford SV!

Please lah! what so pride of being SV owner? you just bought it less then $700psf! What's the big deal?? Ppl didn't buy it at that time, because they already noticed the shortfall as mentioned by oxboy, ppl want to see now, because the overall environment looks no bad, but the layout... OMG! That's why still got so many ppl think and think, and yet can't decide to buy or not. understand?

BTW, if you bought it at $1400psf, then you are rich (and fool? :p), you can laugh at ppl who can't afford or don't want to be that fool

oxboy99
04-08-08, 12:03
Went again the other day to see a Katong facing side 3 bedroom. Very nice. Get to see the tennis court and not the old houses. Not bad for those who want cheaper and that location near Parkway Parade.

Now the agents are smarter and turn on the air con when they show the uint so ppl won't notice the noon sun. Kudos.

I'll say it again for those that think I'm running down SV.

I like the place and location. It's not perfect. And the "real" price is abt $1100psf but at this time it is inflated. It's just a matter of buying now or later. Either way it's a gamble.

You don't buy now, the owners will rent it out and you will have to wait 2 years to buy this property and the price could drop or increase. If you buy now, it's slightly inflated but you get to enjoy it and just hope in 5 years it will increase more than $1500psf.

BTW, I'm looking now at Viz Holland which is closer to city at $1100psf but not so convenient for grocery shopping.

buy
04-08-08, 16:26
i think the selling point for seaview is a stone throw

away to parkway shopping centre

registered
04-08-08, 17:36
To those that think their post can either run down SV or elevate it - the truth is - let the project speak for itself.

There is no point arguing - whoever is keen, go down to Amber Rd and walk into the SeaView condo and have a first hand view of its resort ambience...... and decide if its worth the price.

Unregistered888
05-08-08, 08:56
To those that think their post can either run down SV or elevate it - the truth is - let the project speak for itself.

There is no point arguing - whoever is keen, go down to Amber Rd and walk into the SeaView condo and have a first hand view of its resort ambience...... and decide if its worth the price.
I suggest to walk all the condo from Tg Rhu to end of East Coast and draw a conclusion, then to Newton, D9,10,11 to compare SV with all....it will even better....

registered8888
05-08-08, 18:55
....yawn...another bunch of rotten sour grapes - why planning to buy a wineyard is it ?

buy
05-08-08, 21:42
yes i agree

not a lot of sourgrape eater here

i think all register under the same person one lol

Newbie Homebuyer
06-08-08, 12:08
Any idea what the monthly maintenance is like for such a huge place?

Ben (HSR)
09-08-08, 15:25
Expat's Choice!!!

Brand New, For Rent.

2809Sq.ft Big Balcony

One Of The Best Stack.
With Seaview,
No West Sun.

Asking @ 16K Neg.

Ref Fee Can Be Discuss.

Sorry Aleady Co-Broke.

THANKS FOR VIEWING

BEN NG (HSR)
M: 97269210
E: [email protected] (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
W: http://dreamzproperty.spaces.live.com (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

oxboy99
10-08-08, 14:12
Went to see the Seaview again for studio at 17th floor.

Strange... seems like the higher it goes, the worse the pool view! I tot it would be the reverse.

Anyway, the agent told me they are pushing the prices above 800K which is out of my 700K budget. So sad.

For 800K+, I might as well get Park Infinia which has better finishing (love the closet) and a bathtub (for a studio)!!! And have you seen the facilities?! Also a stone's throw to UE and Novena MRT.

Those who are thinking abt Seaview might want to re-consider... I know I am...

Real Estate Pundit
11-08-08, 16:59
Latest caveat for The Sea View.

#05-1X__1410sqft__$1050psf__$1,480,000__Contract 16 Jul 2008
#03-1X__1410sqft__$1277psf__$1,800,000__Contract 18 Jul 2008
#20-2X__1647sqft__$1166psf__$1,920,000__Contract 23 Jul 2008

Unregistered123
11-08-08, 17:12
Latest caveat for The Sea View.

#05-1X__1410sqft__$1050psf__$1,480,000__Contract 16 Jul 2008
#03-1X__1410sqft__$1277psf__$1,800,000__Contract 18 Jul 2008
#20-2X__1647sqft__$1166psf__$1,920,000__Contract 23 Jul 2008
Thanks!

Need expert to advise: comparing the Seaview type C (3 small rooms + huge living + huge balcony) and the Esta type b4 (3 reasonable size rooms + reasonable living + long balcony + study) which both are 1410 spft, if SV priced at $1000psf and Esta priced at $850, say all at mid floor, north and pool facing, which one will be a good buy?

Real Estate Pundit
11-08-08, 18:02
Thanks!

Need expert to advise: comparing the Seaview type C (3 small rooms + huge living + huge balcony) and the Esta type b4 (3 reasonable size rooms + reasonable living + long balcony + study) which both are 1410 spft, if SV priced at $1000psf and Esta priced at $850, say all at mid floor, north and pool facing, which one will be a good buy?

It is a tough call. The Sea View is definitely a better development than The Esta. But the balcony is only of value if you enjoy having it at that size. Also, the rooms are smallish with all the bay windows. Together, the balcony and bay windows makes the 1410sqft feel alot smaller.

I'll wait for The Esta to TOP so that I can see the actual unit before deciding.

No harm in waiting....the units may be facing North but I think the prices will certainly be going South :)

Unregistered123
12-08-08, 09:46
It is a tough call. The Sea View is definitely a better development than The Esta. But the balcony is only of value if you enjoy having it at that size. Also, the rooms are smallish with all the bay windows. Together, the balcony and bay windows makes the 1410sqft feel alot smaller.

I'll wait for The Esta to TOP so that I can see the actual unit before deciding.

No harm in waiting....the units may be facing North but I think the prices will certainly be going South :)
Thanks! OK, just wait for one and half month more... see the actual unit will gain the actual feeling. By then, more units will be available, with further 'southen' price. Yeh! :)

Newbie Homebuyer
12-08-08, 09:56
When will the Esta TOP? Dun mind taking a look too...

Unregistered123
12-08-08, 11:15
When will the Esta TOP? Dun mind taking a look too...
There is a photo posted in Esta thread, taken during the launch time, showing that the TOP date is on 31th August 2008. But now many ppl say is around Oct 08. Should be around that time to end of 2008. you will see more and more units available for viewing after TOP. now market very quiet.

hantu
13-08-08, 23:10
ghost month tends to be quiet... even for new launches...

buy
21-08-08, 17:16
pretty impressive outlook of this Seaview project

Unregistered...
21-08-08, 21:15
pretty impressive outlook of this Seaview project

Impressive enough to block by Silversea..The Seanoview..:P

kal
21-08-08, 22:06
should be SILVERSEA VIEW :doh:

Kace
22-08-08, 11:50
Esta looks very much like the seaview....Nothing fantastic about the seaview.Wont be surprised if sea view drops to 800psf in due time..Be patient..The time will come,esp when siversea comes up

MBF
22-08-08, 13:59
Esta looks very much like the seaview....Nothing fantastic about the seaview.Wont be surprised if sea view drops to 800psf in due time..Be patient..The time will come,esp when siversea comes up

wait n see - Silversea will only launch when market picks up - using same strategy as Marina Bay Suites

read this article
Marina Bay Suites may be delayed
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=28179#post28179

So imagine when Silversea launch in good times at 1800-2000psf, do u think
Sea View price will be lower............. in fact the entire Amber Rd will enjoy
a re-pricing of valuations.

Unregistered____
22-08-08, 14:11
wait n see - Silversea will only launch when market picks up - using same strategy as Marina Bay Suites

read this article
Marina Bay Suites may be delayed
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=28179#post28179

So imagine when Silversea launch in good times at 1800-2000psf, do u think
Sea View price will be lower............. in fact the entire Amber Rd will enjoy
a re-pricing of valuations.

ya, it will eventually be launch, but when? 2 years later??

registered
22-08-08, 19:16
ya, it will eventually be launch, but when? 2 years later??

only FE can answer you - go ask them.

TheSeaView
26-08-08, 09:46
Sentiment in the Singapore property market is now far from bullish, but data shows that nearly 97 per cent of those who have sold private apartments and condos in the subsale market in the first seven months of this year have made profits.

Only 3 per cent incurred losses, an analysis of caveats by Savills Singapore shows.

For those who turned a profit, the average gain per unit came to $417,563 or 36.5 per cent. Generally, the longer the holding period, the bigger the gain.

Subsale deals are seen as a proxy for the level of speculative activity in the market. On average, those who had bought their units in 2004 and sold them in the subsale market this year made the biggest gain, averaging nearly $692,000, or an 84 per cent profit. They are followed by those who had picked up units in
2005, who recorded an average gain of about $645,200 or 62 per cent from selling their homes in the subsale market this year.

In absolute dollar terms, the smallest average gain of around $175,600 was by those who bought their units this year, reflecting a holding period of just a few months.

The profit or loss in the calculation is the difference between sale and purchase prices and does not take into account stamp duty and other expenses.

‘The fact is that longer holding periods allow for larger gains, shorter holding periods for smaller gains. This is consistent with the fact that real estate is a long-term investment. Investors with short exit time frames should look for alternative instruments,’ said Savills Singapore’s director of marketing and business development Ku Swee Yong.

Savills’ analysis was based on 1,040 caveats for subsale transactions from Jan 1 to July 31 this year captured by Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Realis system as at Aug 19. Of these, 821 had previous caveat records dating back to 2003 and Savills compared the latest subsale price of each unit with the earlier price paid by the seller to work out the profit or loss.

Citylights, Varsity Park Condo and The Sail @ Marina Bay had the most subsales in the first seven months of this year - 63, 47 and 45 respectively. The Sea View and City Square Residences had 30-plus subsales each. Park Infinia at Wee Nam, The Calrose, Icon and The Raintree each had 20-odd subsales.

Subsales, often seen as a gauge of speculative activity, refer to secondary market deals in projects that have yet to receive their Certificates of Statutory Completion. This may be anywhere from three to 12 months after the project receives its Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).

Market watchers note that many of the projects topping the subsale chart this year had either received TOP or are close to receiving TOP. Some of the units that changed hands in the subsale market could have been purchased on deferred payment schemes from developers in the past. Typically, such schemes run out when the projects get their TOP and that is when buyers have to pay the chunk of the purchase price to developers.

The deferred payment scheme was scrapped in October last year to discourage speculative buying.

Of the 25 loss cases for subsale deals done this year, sellers of about half the units had themselves bought theirs in the subsale market, while the other half had made direct purchases from developers. For instance, the four units sold in the subsale market at a loss this year at City Square Residences had all been picked up in the subsale market last year.

Looking ahead, Savills’ Mr Ku expects subsales to maintain at current levels, that is, about 150 units a month. Those who want to sell now will have to expect lower profits, he said.

‘Whether in good or bad times, there will still be subsale losses from people being forced to make untimely sales due to corporate liquidation, bankruptcy, divorce,’ Mr Ku added.

In cases where investors are sitting on potential losses, Jones Lang LaSalle Singapore’s head of residential, Jacqueline Wong, said: ‘My advice to my clients, who are usually foreigners, have bought in prime districts and are well off, would be, ‘If you can, hang on. It will be just a temporary paper loss. Singapore has a lot of things going for it in the mid term’.’

Another seasoned property consultant said: ‘A lot will depend on your entry price vis-a-vis other owners, especially in a big development. If a lot of them bought at say $1,000 psf from the developer and you got your unit later for $1,800 psf in the subsale market from an earlier buyer, you’re in a disadvantageous position. If the market dives, the earlier buyers could offload their units at much lower prices than your cost price.

‘On the other hand, everybody may be in the same boat. Say, if you’ve bought into a small project of 30 units and everyone’s bought at about the same price, and if there’s not much competition from surrounding projects, chances of prices going down substantially may be lower because everyone’s locked in at the same threshold.’