PDA

View Full Version : Gillenia

shehmay
21-05-09, 13:25
Hi,

Would like anyone's comments on this development in rosyth road. Its next to Rosyth Residences.

Thanks

cheerful
21-05-09, 14:05
Passed by that place deliberately more than a month ago as it was in the papers advertisement then .... felt the traffic could be a little too congested, given the roads are so narrow ... To communte, you wld need to drive past the many landed housing in the estate.

Have you seen it? U would have noted the ground floor carpark ...

:2cents:

shehmay
21-05-09, 16:57
Hi Cheerful,

I didnt take into account on driving conditions as I do not drive. But its something to look forward to (driving I mean). Thanks for your input. :)

Just wondering how come its going to TOP in June 09 and its not sold completely. Further the pricing is not as steep as Sandilands and One Rosyth which are launching soon (or launched already).

I'm going again to view and see the progress before committing anything. I heard rectifying defects can be a nightmare. Would be great if there are any insights on the developer's track record.

:)

cheerful
21-05-09, 20:33
Developer is Tiong Aik ... recently in the papers when the big boss passed on & was sent off by a big group of employees .. said to be a good boss ...

Depends on wat u looking out for ... kinda small lah.

vinc1281
22-05-09, 13:17
Hi Cheerful,

I didnt take into account on driving conditions as I do not drive. But its something to look forward to (driving I mean). Thanks for your input. :)

Just wondering how come its going to TOP in June 09 and its not sold completely. Further the pricing is not as steep as Sandilands and One Rosyth which are launching soon (or launched already).

I'm going again to view and see the progress before committing anything. I heard rectifying defects can be a nightmare. Would be great if there are any insights on the developer's track record.

:)

Went down to Gillenia to take a look months ago.

Personally I quite like the idea of being able to see what i get. Since the project is already up so you can literally step into the unit and check it out. Like the afternoon sun, the sound of the water from the next condo and the view from the rooms of course.

Price wise is reasonable. small and chic project. I like small projects. more exclusive.

But my wife dont like the look from the front. she said its ugly. not inviting in her words. kitchen is like HDB kitchen. no condo feel. and the fact that you dont drive, dont u think its a bit too far to walk out? I drive and even then i feel its quite a distance thus i'm not inclined to purchase a unit even though its on my shortlist. unless i have no better option.

my humble opinion. :D

Kenshinto80
22-05-09, 17:48
Went for preview of Gillenia before.

Good points:

-I think it is beautiful and well designed development.
-Small and exclusive.
-The Masterbath room is marble flooring with marble tiles also-gives the luxurious and self pampering feel.
- Quiet and serene neighbourhood
- It's 3 room well designed and spacious despite the sqft seemingly smaller than other developments.
- The developer provided Video Intercom. So one not just hear but can see exactly who at the door before granting access.

Bad Points:
- Virutally mission impossible to walk to the MRT. Having car is essential. But how about family members?
- The swimming pool is too small.
- No. of units only 16 thus a higher maintenance fees for each unit.

shehmay
23-05-09, 17:07
Hi all. Thanks for all your input. Pros and cons alike. I think me n hubby have been to loads of viewing n the pricing for this is not bad. There is so much to say about the layout though. It could be better. I went to the actual unit that was left (3+1) and found that the living hall could be quite a challenge to decorate.

You are right. Without a car it's quite a distance to walk. But I remembered that an agent said there was a short cut. Nevertheless, we should be getting a car.

The good thing is that now the developer is willing to nego on the price on the rem units.

Kenshinto80
24-05-09, 19:52
Hi all. Thanks for all your input. Pros and cons alike. I think me n hubby have been to loads of viewing n the pricing for this is not bad. There is so much to say about the layout though. It could be better. I went to the actual unit that was left (3+1) and found that the living hall could be quite a challenge to decorate.

You are right. Without a car it's quite a distance to walk. But I remembered that an agent said there was a short cut. Nevertheless, we should be getting a car.

The good thing is that now the developer is willing to nego on the price on the rem units.

Hi Shehmay, if you managed to get it for below 700psf, I think you got yourself a very good deal! Congrats! I like the colour scheme of Gillenia exterior....keke...it will indeed be the jewel of your family and the toast of your friends. :)

vinc1281
25-05-09, 17:50
Hi Shehmay, if you managed to get it for below 700psf, I think you got yourself a very good deal! Congrats! I like the colour scheme of Gillenia exterior....keke...it will indeed be the jewel of your family and the toast of your friends. :)

Sidetrack.

Gillenia is actually the name of a flower and you can actually see that they tried to incorporate it onto the booklet that were given to you during your viewing. Though not so into the design of the project.

I was like thinking the lowest you can go for the 3+1 which was about 780k will be abt 750k. and yes. sales has been slow. if not for the distance from mrt, its not too bad a buy.

shehmay
25-05-09, 17:57
Sidetracked too..

If anyone knew bahasa melayu here, gillenia could also be pronounced as
"gilanya"

i.e crazy

Kenshinto80: The price their quoting is below 700psf. But not as low as vinc1281 quoted. - it this still a good buy then? Though I know why now noone wanted that unit cos of the weird layout. But its something where IDs come in.

vinc1281: yea it is quite a distance to the MRT. But we wanted something closer to a quieter neighbourhood.. like a housing area. Since we cant qualify to buy a landed (I'm a foreigner) this is as close as it gets.

Still scouting...

Kenshinto80
26-05-09, 19:36
Sidetracked too..

If anyone knew bahasa melayu here, gillenia could also be pronounced as
"gilanya"

i.e crazy

Kenshinto80: The price their quoting is below 700psf. But not as low as vinc1281 quoted. - it this still a good buy then? Though I know why now noone wanted that unit cos of the weird layout. But its something where IDs come in.

vinc1281: yea it is quite a distance to the MRT. But we wanted something closer to a quieter neighbourhood.. like a housing area. Since we cant qualify to buy a landed (I'm a foreigner) this is as close as it gets.

Still scouting...

Hey Shehmay, my wife told me that the prices quoted last year in August by the developer was a whopping 840psf to 860psf. Would think that price in 650psf to 700psf (personal view) is quite a good deal already-close to 20% fall. One can't expect it to drop below certain areas in say Woodlands or Pasir Ris for a district 19 and triple 9 leasehold property. If you can afford a car and the monthly maintenance fees for Gillenia, think it's not a bad deal. Anyway, what is so weird about the 3+1 layout? I remembered the living room layout was quite squarish thus easy to decorate and fit.

shehmay
26-05-09, 21:51
Hi Kenshinto80,

The layout for the unit left - living hall is small. You cant put your sofa right up to the wall because it would be blocking the hallway to the rooms. =/

plus the masterbedroom had a beam at the corner of the window..

WOW i didnt know the prices went that high for Gillenia last year. The penthouses are still available.. ;)

gillenia
08-07-09, 17:01
Hi Sheymay,

So, did you finally buy the last unit at Gillenia? How much did you pay for it? I'm considering the penthouses, since all units now sold out - but a bot pricey lah.

Wonder what's the maintenance fees for Gillenia? Don't hink its too much as facilities limited.

Cheers.

shehmay
08-07-09, 17:09
hi gillenia,

I didnt buy the last unit.. but i bought it at ard 680psf. I think the maintenace fee is abt 300++ but i could be wrong.. i dont know the exact amt yet. still waiting for news on the keys

Kenshinto80
19-07-09, 17:52
Saw that the Swimming pool is completed and ready. Anyone knows what is the length of the pool?

greenhorn
03-08-09, 17:27
Hi,

Does anyone know when is Gillenia going to TOP? Think should be anytime now? Drove past the condo last weekend and saw the facilities all ready liao ie pool/bbq/carparks, etc. Very nice ambient, cozy and good looking condo.

Anyone can share what's the current market psf $ over in that location (Rosyth/Kovan area)? Seems very serene and tranquil, leh. :p