PDA

View Full Version : One Amber (D15, 999 years, UIC/Singland)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Joe6816
23-10-08, 16:02
Hi Joe, since when you name changed as a joker? left msg big big say fire sales for 650psf, then disappear hours, came back give this kind of nonsense!

Use your head to think lah, who want to buy this kind of unit? "Patio is bigger than your house"!!! Siao bo?! 2 Million to buy a PET for camping?! you got head or not?

Didn't ask u to buy mah. I also not selling this unit. How to sell. Who will buy. Only letting your know these a 650psf unit in One Amber. But for infor, there are just buyer keen on these kind of unit. Have the feeling of staying in landed with big plot of land for planting whatever they like, and with condo facilities.

Btw pai say for all the excitement , but i didn't say fire sale.

esta_650psf
23-10-08, 16:02
If it's $650psf,it's really developer price & a steal in this world.lol:tongue3:

Bro,your $650psf dream comes true.:)

Before i'm ever thinking of call Joe for Esta, now i dropped this idea, this guy is just a typical saleman. look this, what kind of joke!

He must be an attension lover. Like big big word, a lot of response, feel very good... forget it!

It's for real. 650 psf only. But read this.......

Built in is 1378sqft. Total size of this unit is 3122sqft. Patio is bigger then your house. Weekend can set up tent and camp outside.

Joe6816
23-10-08, 16:04
Before i'm ever thinking of call Joe for Esta, now i dropped this idea, this guy is just a typical saleman. look this, what kind of joke!

He must be an attension lover. Like big big word, a lot of response, feel very good... forget it!

Lucky you didn't.

esta_650psf
23-10-08, 16:05
Didn't ask u to buy mah. I also not selling this unit. How to sell. Who will buy. Only letting your know these a 650psf unit in One Amber. But for infor, there are just buyer keen on these kind of unit. Have the feeling of staying in landed with big plot of land for planting whatever they like, and with condo facilities.

Btw pai say for all the excitement , but i didn't say fire sale.
you should response earlier, to avoid any misleading!

esta_650psf
23-10-08, 16:07
Lucky you didn't.
dear to anwer like that!? u want business or not? you are agent leh! dun forget we are not! we are potential buyers!!! halo!

Joe6816
23-10-08, 16:14
dear to anwer like that!? u want business or not? you are agent leh! dun forget we are not! we are potential buyers!!! halo!

650 for Esta? I had so many calls for Esta offering that even offered 700psf to 750psf. Some even tell me to collect cheque. How to tell my seller tat I get offer of 700psf. Then they will say I'm a joker also. Ask yourself, if you are a seller would u sell? Not all seller are affected by STI or whatever technical recessions.

buy
23-10-08, 16:16
maybe ah joe have some bad experience with

buyers?

Joe6816
23-10-08, 16:23
maybe ah joe have some bad experience with

buyers?

I do have. Good and bad. In this line u sure bum into some.

Good? hmmm....there's a buyer gave me quite a big sum of commissions even as buyers dun have to.

Bad? hmmm....Buyers tat want to try luck. Even when deal was closed at the price they wan, when collecting cheque, asked can lower some more or not. Then come up with stories tat so unbelieveable.

If I go around collect cheque of 700psf or 750psf, who am I then?

Honesty
23-10-08, 16:54
Regardless of bad experiences with buyers or not, Joe, you should not have misled the interested buyer or buyers. What was the point of hiding the actual unit size? It served no purpose except to damage your own credibility and reputation.

Joe6816
23-10-08, 17:02
Regardless of bad experiences with buyers or not, Joe, you should not have misled the interested buyer or buyers. What was the point of hiding the actual unit size? It served no purpose except to damage your own credibility and reputation.

Had you seen advertisements in paper? They adv Esta $800, One Amber $800psf. Some adv there's no unit size and stack number. Does it consider misled? Did I hide the actual size? I did post it in just now. My number is in this forum too. If interested, call. If not, move on.

Honesty
23-10-08, 17:14
Had you seen advertisements in paper? They adv Esta $800, One Amber $800psf. Some adv there's no unit size and stack number. Does it consider misled? Did I hide the actual size? I did post it in just now. My number is in this forum too. If interested, call. If not, move on.

So what stopped you from posting the actual size in the beginning? Why post 3+1 only? You did avoid answering the question of unit size. Most "average" person would think its a normal 3+1, since you didn't mention otherwise. I'm sure you know that too. You could have saved yourself and others a lot of time simply by saying 3+1, 3122 sq ft, right? Obviously you had your reasons for concealing the important facts......but it sure doesn't reflect very well on you.

Boyboy
23-10-08, 17:17

True, also you see a lot of fire sale. But price not fire sale price. They misled too?

Boyboy
23-10-08, 17:27
So what stopped you from posting the actual size in the beginning? Why post 3+1 only? You did avoid answering the question of unit size. Most "average" person would think its a normal 3+1, since you didn't mention otherwise. I'm sure you know that too. You could have saved yourself and others a lot of time simply by saying 3+1, 3122 sq ft, right? Obviously you had your reasons for concealing the important facts......but it sure doesn't reflect very well on you.

Chey, how many agents advertise the actual size in the papers? They could had save themselves and a lot of time by putting it in the advertisement right? Don't think so much, interested call and find out. Don't have to wild guess.

Btw, I feel agents have their ways of advertisements and stuffs. Like it you call, don't like it don't call.

Jus my 2 cents thoughts.

esta_650psf
23-10-08, 17:48
Chey, how many agents advertise the actual size in the papers? They could had save themselves and a lot of time by putting it in the advertisement right? Don't think so much, interested call and find out. Don't have to wild guess.

Btw, I feel agents have their ways of advertisements and stuffs. Like it you call, don't like it don't call.

Jus my 2 cents thoughts.
this is different. here is forum, not newspaper. Joe has been actively contributted a lot into this thread, most of ppl treated him as Esta or One Amber Expert already. He is NOT just a normal saleman adv big big in newspaper. That's why he destroy his own reputation.

Now we have to TREAT him as just a NORMAL property agent.
What a big waste! Joe, that's the price of playing fun of people! Wolf really comes already!

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:02
this is different. here is forum, not newspaper. Joe has been actively contributted a lot into this thread, most of ppl treated him as Esta or One Amber Expert already. He is NOT just a normal saleman adv big big in newspaper. That's why he destroy his own reputation.

What a big waste! Joe, that's the price of playing fun of people! Wolf really comes already!

No difference to me. Maybe to you. Btw just to share with you my encounter with another agent few weeks back. I called her after seeing a adv for Esta 7XXpsf. So I called her to ask her, she said owner asking 820psf and any offer from 799psf she will try. Then I tell her my offer is 700psf, guess wat. She asked me do I know where is Livia? I said yes. She then tell me with my offer of 700psf, and buy any stack and unit in Livia. Damn, I was so angry but before I can say anything, she hang up. But before she hang up, I can hear her saying F@@@.

Any solutions? Can we don't deal with agents? Go direct to owner?

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:14

Btw, Esta 650psf. My offer will be 700psf. So I will grab Esta unit faster then u. :)

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:17
No difference to me. Maybe to you. Btw just to share with you my encounter with another agent few weeks back. I called her after seeing a adv for Esta 7XXpsf. So I called her to ask her, she said owner asking 820psf and any offer from 799psf she will try. Then I tell her my offer is 700psf, guess wat. She asked me do I know where is Livia? I said yes. She then tell me with my offer of 700psf, and buy any stack and unit in Livia. Damn, I was so angry but before I can say anything, she hang up. But before she hang up, I can hear her saying F@@@.

Esta 650psf......did you called before and offer 650 psf? Kena suay or not?

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:18
Go to this link, talking about agents

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/549922.html?1224052760

condoinvestor
23-10-08, 19:24

Well the solution is simple, dont give such a ridiculous offer, any offer from 799 psf does not mean 700 psf.....ps get real folks, you want huge discounts trade the STI not REAL estate

conman joe
23-10-08, 19:24
Lucky you didn't.
go to hell conman joe

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:26
Well the solution is simple, dont give such a ridiculous offer, any offer from 799 psf does not mean 700 psf.....ps get real folks, you want huge discounts trade the STI not REAL estate

Do you think Esta will drop to 700psf? You own a unit there?

condoinvestor
23-10-08, 19:29
700 psf maybe if the unit is a poor one, and I do not own anything at Esta, do not like the project

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:32
700 psf maybe if the unit is a poor one, and I do not own anything at Esta, do not like the project

Why you don't like?

condoinvestor
23-10-08, 19:36
Why you don't like?

Well I did not get a good feel at the launch and I suspected the density was a little too much for me, looking at it now the blocks are just too close together for any privacy, and the views would not be fantastic as it is surrounded by old buildings,

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:52
Well I did not get a good feel at the launch and I suspected the density was a little too much for me, looking at it now the blocks are just too close together for any privacy, and the views would not be fantastic as it is surrounded by old buildings,

Where is better? Since you are a investor.

condoinvestor
23-10-08, 20:00
I think Seaview and Cote D Azur are good, look for choice units in these developments

Boyboy
23-10-08, 20:30
I think Seaview and Cote D Azur are good, look for choice units in these developments

Seaview? too x. Cote D Azur. Leasehold leh, can buy mah?

See No View
23-10-08, 21:06

U cal urself an investor?what a bad choice u have!Don't 4get Once Silversea is Up,Seaview will be almost completely Block by Silversea.Cote D Azur LH 99,can buy FH at OA or Esta at a cheaper price.when Silversea starts construction,good luck to Cote D Azur residents.

Boyboy
23-10-08, 21:12
U cal urself an investor?what a bad choice u have!Don't 4get Once Silversea is Up,Seaview will be almost completely Block by Silversea.Cote D Azur LH 99,can buy FH at OA or Esta at a cheaper price.when Silversea starts construction,good luck to Cote D Azur residents.

You also investor? Or agent? How come you know so much? Quite true also. But I don't understand why good luck to CdA when construction begin. I thought SS will push up the price of CdA.

See No View
23-10-08, 21:18
You also investor? Or agent? How come you know so much? Quite true also. But I don't understand why good luck to CdA when construction begin. I thought SS will push up the price of CdA.

Im not an agent lah,im learning on studying property market frm my boss.i overheard my boss telling a friend over the phone 4 the above.my boss is an investor not me n saw him surfing this forum also.

Boyboy
23-10-08, 21:24
Im not an agent lah,im learning on studying property market frm my boss.i overheard my boss telling a friend over the phone 4 the above.my boss is an investor not me n saw him surfing this forum also.

Learning? just started? Overheard some more. OMG, I thought you are a investor or agent tat can give good advice yet getting these crap from you. Damn you! If I listen to you and buy wrongly how.

See No View
23-10-08, 21:32
Learning? just started? Overheard some more. OMG, I thought you are a investor or agent tat can give good advice yet getting these crap from you. Damn you! If I listen to you and buy wrongly how.

I nvr ask u 2 listen to me lah little boy boy,U can dun listen n dun reply.can afford,like juz buy.dun nid go round D15 asking everyone here.U R THE CRAP!

Dun tell me u buy something must ask ppl 1 ah?Oh i 4get U R BOY BOY must ask mummy daddy b4 u buy!wahaha

What A Joke!

Just my 2 cent worth..
23-10-08, 21:35

Why good luck to Cote D Azur ? How much was it launched ? 600psf ?

Boyboy
23-10-08, 21:38
I nvr ask u 2 listen to me lah little boy boy,U can dun listen n dun reply.can afford,like juz buy.dun nid go round D15 asking everyone here.U R THE CRAP!

Dun tell me u buy something must ask ppl 1 ah?Oh i 4get U R BOY BOY must ask mummy daddy b4 u buy!wahaha

What A Joke!

Hey, where you stay? I staying with my daddy n mummy. 'Pay attention to the following sentence. WE STAY AT CLAYMORE LEH.

Yes, I asked my parents for permission. For permission to use their money!

just my 2 cents
23-10-08, 21:48
Hey, where you stay? I staying with my daddy n mummy. 'Pay attention to the following sentence. WE STAY AT CLAYMORE LEH.

Hey boy don't need to show off n tell people where you stay! so what you stay claymore?buy yourself i salute you,ask money from parents must be useless boy only know how to ask money from parents.@!@

this forum is getting more n more childish.

unregistered1234
23-10-08, 21:51

everyone in this forum, stayed in district 9 & 10 leh. no need to use CAP leh.
i stayed in penthouse somemore.. WAIT. no, no, i stayed in Nassim leh.. hahaha

Question
23-10-08, 22:01
i know .. i know ..
he advertised 650psf .. get people interested ..
then bring them to Livia and sell them Livia ..
otherwise how come Livia same price as his 650psf ??

i very smart right ?? hee hee !!
How come the 2 stories are so alike?

C.X
23-10-08, 23:06

Since you say your parents stay claymore,you should seek for their advise rather than seeking opinion here.:rolleyes:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=36422&postcount=211

Joe6816
24-10-08, 09:53
Why good luck to Cote D Azur ? How much was it launched ? 600psf ?

Around there. Between 550 to 650. So average about 600.

Just my 2 cent worth..
24-10-08, 10:09
Around there. Between 550 to 650. So average about 600.

Thanks Joe. Seems like it is good luck to all who have miss that boat. Good location, good price even if it is 99LH.

Joe6816
24-10-08, 10:20
Thanks Joe. Seems like it is good luck to all who have miss that boat. Good location, good price even if it is 99LH.

Read today's paper. Cote d'Azur selling fr 799psf, 2/3 room.

Joe6816
24-10-08, 10:25

The Claymore is good not solely for rental, it's for the value of the plot..
Imagine! 254000SQFT of SITE AREA, Shared among only146UNITS.
Situated in THE HEART OF ORCHARD. Any chances of enbloc?

buy
24-10-08, 10:26
Read today's paper. Cote d'Azur selling fr 799psf, 2/3 room.

Cote d azur?

Dont like the design

Went up there before

moonk123
19-11-08, 12:46
who want to know the latest progress of ONE AMBER,visit this website...

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/oneamber

bolueeleh
20-11-08, 20:10
who want to know the latest progress of ONE AMBER,visit this website...

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/oneamber

moonk 123, you sure are one hardworking KF agent, leaving a virtualhome post in virtually every thread.

:) ;)

pegasus
27-11-08, 19:43
The blocks are already at 21st level mark and the lower floors are being fixed glass windows. Another 7 months to go.

amoeba
28-11-08, 01:15
I have a unit in One Amber for sale, no agents pls, pm me if interested.:)

Joe6816
24-12-08, 09:43
Stack 2 below #8 floor 1313sqft 810psf
Stack 16 below #5 floor 1378sqft now only 800psf

Joe 81712412

amoeba
24-12-08, 18:32
^^That's for the bigger units of 1300sqft above

spikey69
24-12-08, 22:42
Stack 2 below #8 floor 1313sqft 810psf
Stack 16 below #5 floor 1378sqft now only 800psf

Joe 81712412

fire sale begins

amoeba
24-12-08, 22:56
fire sale begins

Don't get too trigger happy with this being a fire sale, its still way above the figures these investors bought during early 2006 :)

firec
25-12-08, 14:28
Real fire starts when people are off loading at below launch price, and doing at desperate pace.

buy
26-12-08, 00:56
dont be so naive that everyone also start having fire sale......

Not everyone will be affected in this downturn market

Are u still eating and sleeping well ?

Are u also selling your own house at fire sale?

If not why keep on thinking that everyone is selling at fire sale

when u yourself think your house is worth that good money unless

your house is Gold Plated?

Geylang OKT
26-12-08, 05:58
Anything below $700psf is worth considering :D

southpark2000
26-12-08, 08:55
fire sale begins
$700 psf for higher floors will make my day!!!

southpark2000
26-12-08, 08:56
dont be so naive that everyone also start having fire sale......

Not everyone will be affected in this downturn market

Are u still eating and sleeping well ?

Are u also selling your own house at fire sale?

If not why keep on thinking that everyone is selling at fire sale

when u yourself think your house is worth that good money unless

your house is Gold Plated?

That is true....

....but but we dun own multiple units under DPS leh..... :banghead:

VIPCLUB2004
02-01-09, 14:16
$700 psf for higher floors will make my day!!!

Further more, even if it is $700 psf, I only could afford it in later 2010 :doh:

ahlahdin
02-01-09, 14:30
Real fire starts when people are off loading at below launch price, and doing at desperate pace.

For that to happen, you have to recce out which are the projects with many speculators who have not much money.

One Amber doesn't seem to have many gamblers, most were buying for own stay. When it was launched, the property fever had not hit yet. The subsale prices also weren't that high compared to Sea View. So IMO quite safe.

But if you want to know, my bet is on Seafront @ Meyer to crash. This one when launched they had people queuing up, many even paid others to queue up for them. I looked at the cars in the car park, looked at the addresses in the guest book. Didn't seem like very rich people to me. I looked at the showroom, many middle aged men and women, probably retired, got money for downpayment but maybe no job for them to secure loan when condo TOP.

This one will crash.

pegasus
02-01-09, 21:46
People who bought the units at the preview paid < $700 psf so at the current market price, they will still make money if they choose to cash out.

Agree with PP, look at Seafront @ Meyer, Aalto and Silversea.

Localite
02-01-09, 21:52
It does not matter what price they bot for. For example, if your Father gifted you an apt would u sell it cheap?

dtrax
02-01-09, 22:01
It does not matter what price they bot for. For example, if your Father gifted you an apt would u sell it cheap?

Of course there is a reason for selling cheap.. cannot afford loan, liquidate, migrating etc.. of course in this current market, they cannot afford to sell high that's for sure. So if one can hold, of course wun sell.

firec
03-01-09, 11:05
So if one can hold, of course wun sell.

Well said. But there are those who are still sitting on profits, so if they expect market to deteriorate they can sell now and buy/invest again after prices have declined further.

Localite
03-01-09, 13:58
Of course there is a reason for selling cheap.. cannot afford loan, liquidate, migrating etc.. of course in this current market, they cannot afford to sell high that's for sure. So if one can hold, of course wun sell.

My view is that the selling / buying is due primarily to market sentiment. When sentiment is bullish every tom dick and harry buys 1, 2 apts. when sentiment is bad then ppl sell in anticipation of price drops. those who need to buy think twice and delay their decisions. deflationary environment can be a dangerous thing.

my view on ppty prices is simple. sentiment is embodied in sti. look at sti today it's 1800. what was the ppty price when sti was at this level before? i think it was in 2006 or even 2005.

VIPCLUB2004
03-01-09, 19:13
My view is that the selling / buying is due primarily to market sentiment. When sentiment is bullish every tom dick and harry buys 1, 2 apts. when sentiment is bad then ppl sell in anticipation of price drops. those who need to buy think twice and delay their decisions. deflationary environment can be a dangerous thing.

my view on ppty prices is simple. sentiment is embodied in sti. look at sti today it's 1800. what was the ppty price when sti was at this level before? i think it was in 2006 or even 2005.

S$700 psf is reasonable to me in this area, usually ppty will lag behind stock for some time :spliff:

VIPCLUB2004
03-01-09, 19:25
Well said. But there are those who are still sitting on profits, so if they expect market to deteriorate they can sell now and buy/invest again after prices have declined further.

People make decision majority based on emotion although almost everyone say that he/she based on facts :D Also selling property is not as eay as sell stocks further more cost a few % of its value, and very very few people have the ability to make fast decision, especially for such big deal, so most will wait & see and wait & see... You can see people hold shares from 3600 to 1800 and still not sell, so called "long-term" investors :) Make decision is a tough thing for most people....

firec
10-01-09, 16:21
BT reported yesterday that "four recent sub-sales have been transacted at 20% below launch price". (Google this sentence to read the article.)

Will the same happen to One Amber?

nochoice
11-01-09, 19:18
hi, anyone know how many lift is serving one blk which has 6 to 7 unit per blk? Thinking of getting a studio or 2 bedder there. Thks.

Douk
12-01-09, 09:15
BT reported yesterday that "four recent sub-sales have been transacted at 20% below launch price". (Google this sentence to read the article.)

Will the same happen to One Amber?

These are for property price which has went up into ridiculous price range during the peak. Dont think it will happen to amber at least in near term.
If the situation continues in > a year, then very likely

hayata1972
12-01-09, 11:01
People make decision majority based on emotion although almost everyone say that he/she based on facts :D Also selling property is not as eay as sell stocks further more cost a few % of its value, and very very few people have the ability to make fast decision, especially for such big deal, so most will wait & see and wait & see... You can see people hold shares from 3600 to 1800 and still not sell, so called "long-term" investors :) Make decision is a tough thing for most people....

Yes, many speculators in singapore market tend to be too opptimistic for their own good. When i let go my unit before the real crash in, i kena slammed in skyscrapercity for being a coward and short term, a certain individual said that i would regret somemore, haha...
Right now he is very sour like a bitter old man.:doh:

"Long term" just does not apply to speculation. My uncle held some blue chips during july 08' i told him to sell so that he can buy back again...
as per normal.... did not listen.....

Sigh.....

firec
14-01-09, 14:40
Casa Merah, Tierra Vue, Ardmore II, RiverGate, Grand Duchess at St Patrick’s, and One-North Residences are all selling at launch price or lower.

http://www.salary.sg/2009/expect-the-worst-recession-in-singapore-history-and-property-will-crash/

East Lover
14-01-09, 15:46
Casa Merah, Tierra Vue, Ardmore II, RiverGate, Grand Duchess at St Patrick’s, and One-North Residences are all selling at launch price or lower.

http://www.salary.sg/2009/expect-the-worst-recession-in-singapore-history-and-property-will-crash/
Fortunately for some investors and owners, the following projects are still sitting on double-digit profits: One Jervois, Carabelle, ClementiWoods Condominium, The Inspira, Imperial Heights, The Centris, Newton One, The Esta, The Beacon, and Tribeca.

firec
14-01-09, 15:51
Fortunately for some investors and owners, the following projects are still sitting on double-digit profits: One Jervois, Carabelle, ClementiWoods Condominium, The Inspira, Imperial Heights, The Centris, Newton One, The Esta, The Beacon, and Tribeca.

But for how long? :beats-me-man:

gfoo
14-01-09, 15:56

The Centris is confirmed out - see todays paper lol

Sean.G
23-01-09, 21:43
Hi there,

For all the people who have been following the threads here, you will realise I am a scavenger. Anyway to all agents who plough this forum, I am offering to buy a 4 bdrm unit for 700psf at One Amber. Those who are interested in my business can PM me.

If you want to suan me or scold me or insult me, please do so in the post alone and leave my mailbox open for those who want to do business. Thanks.:cool:

watprice
24-01-09, 21:21
dunno if u will get wat u want...i guess not :beats-me-man:, cause many ppl snapping up those 8xxpsf :scared-4: and this dudes are the ones tat are buying for own stay, so perhaps u gonna wait another 5yrs for it to be sold at 700psf
but im not saying its impossible......there might be sellers in financial trouble maybe this yr or next few yrs....but if there is a unit now for sale @ 700psf...trust me...there are many and i mean many waiting to pounce on it:banghead: unless u are super fast to offer...u will be figthing with another 100 buyers and eventually the price will be jack up in the process.
Well if you ever go to an auction and the item on sale is hot:simmering:...u will know waht i mean.
:cheers1:

jc
26-01-09, 00:51
dunno if u will get wat u want...i guess not :beats-me-man:, cause many ppl snapping up those 8xxpsf :scared-4: and this dudes are the ones tat are buying for own stay, so perhaps u gonna wait another 5yrs for it to be sold at 700psf
but im not saying its impossible......there might be sellers in financial trouble maybe this yr or next few yrs....but if there is a unit now for sale @ 700psf...trust me...there are many and i mean many waiting to pounce on it:banghead: unless u are super fast to offer...u will be figthing with another 100 buyers and eventually the price will be jack up in the process.
Well if you ever go to an auction and the item on sale is hot:simmering:...u will know waht i mean.
:cheers1:

Agree... Don't know px wll fall to what level, but the cheapest may not be what i want for own stay...

Sean.G
27-01-09, 22:09
Any idea when One Amber will TOP? most property websites say 2010..but should be sooner rite?

In any case, I am the type who would want to buy a place only when its completed and I can see the unit facing and everything. So I will only be willing to buy on paper at 700 psf. Maybe after One Amber is completed, and I really like the unit I might consider offering closer to what is the market rate at that point of time...

gfoo
28-01-09, 00:59
Any idea when One Amber will TOP? most property websites say 2010..but should be sooner rite?

In any case, I am the type who would want to buy a place only when its completed and I can see the unit facing and everything. So I will only be willing to buy on paper at 700 psf. Maybe after One Amber is completed, and I really like the unit I might consider offering closer to what is the market rate at that point of time...

an agent pip just told me dec 09 today. your $700 is now to high. New smaller boutiques now going for $4xx-$6xx but must bargain hard.

the next couple of months will be fun

b&j
28-01-09, 10:51
i have visited the site for the past few months to have a look at the progress....seems getting slower each day....to date, some window frames are up and they are doing the roof for the 4 blocks already....not much significant progress....wonder when will be the actual TOP....:confused:

watprice
28-01-09, 13:15
an agent pip just told me dec 09 today. your $700 is now to high. New smaller boutiques now going for $4xx-$6xx but must bargain hard.

the next couple of months will be fun

gfoo. Which projects at east area asking for $4xx-6xx? U confirm is psf ? I would like to get 1 if its really $4xxpsf. Assuming you are rite...$4xxpsf should be for bigger units and $6xxpsf will be for smaller units, possibly 1 bedrm.
That works out to be cheaper than a HDB in Marine Parade. Are You Sure???:confused:

b&j
28-01-09, 13:20
Prices will nv drop so low....especially for One Amber....the launch price was so much higher than $4xx-$6xx....:tsk-tsk:

watprice
28-01-09, 13:28
i have visited the site for the past few months to have a look at the progress....seems getting slower each day....to date, some window frames are up and they are doing the roof for the 4 blocks already....not much significant progress....wonder when will be the actual TOP....:confused:

I check with Developer already...TOP will be Dec 09. Best time to Buy this project will be somewhere Jun-Aug 09, Once TOP...u will miss the bus:tsk-tsk: cause with rental kicking in, price will be stable already...like Seaview:cool:

gfoo
28-01-09, 13:31
To avoid confusion, the $4xxpsf are all 4rm/ph and above, all are those apartmeny status types, nut all not more than a year old. Those 6xxpsf are either top this year, or brand new launches, and 2 - 3 rms.

You nd to do some homework - search iprop propguru n papers, and start smsing

gfoo. Which projects at east area asking for $4xx-6xx? U confirm is psf ? I would like to get 1 if its really $4xxpsf. Assuming you are rite...$4xxpsf should be for bigger units and $6xxpsf will be for smaller units, possibly 1 bedrm.
That works out to be cheaper than a HDB in Marine Parade. Are You Sure???:confused:

b&j
28-01-09, 13:42
Thanks watprice! I thought they will TOP in Sep 09. Dec 09 i still a long way to go man! :scared-5:

East Lover
28-01-09, 13:55
Prices will nv drop so low....especially for One Amber....the launch price was so much higher than $4xx-$6xx....:tsk-tsk:
$4xx-$6xx is for small developments, neither One Amber nor Esta...:p

VIPCLUB2004
28-01-09, 13:58

$700 psf, fair price === NTUC :D

Sean.G
28-01-09, 21:48
Reply to watprice and B&J, rental?? what rental?? If by Dec 2009 Singapore turns into an expat ghost town, who's going to be your tenant? With jobs not enough to go round for new graduates, who will hire expats? Unless you intending to turn one amber into a hostel for bangala workers like in Serangoon...

I agree with gfoo that next few months will be damn exciting for scavengers. Hopefully i can turn my fairprice into a cold storage or Jasons.

b&j
29-01-09, 09:16
I will think that One Amber is a very good property to buy....nice layout, good investment, good location....

HP65
29-01-09, 09:27
I will think that One Amber is a very good property to buy....nice layout, good investment, good location....

Unfortunately going to TOP at the wrong time. Buyers who buy for own stay, no worries. But speculators, tough luck if you are still holding on to it and didnt cash out due to greed.

Be prepared to hold for at least 5-7 years before any decent ROI after deducting holding costs. If can hold, I suggest hold for 10 years at least.

ozone2002
29-01-09, 09:42
i agree fully with Sean G..

Pple gettin axed everyday from corporations trying to weather out the storm..

Expats leaving this sunny island.. home owners scrambling to find tenants to service their mortgages..

its a downward spiral!..

be optimisstic but at the same time be realistic..

dmonddd
29-01-09, 10:04
if TOP is in Dec 2009 and those buyers on deferred payment scheme will need to settle then. Max 1-2 months after TOP date. Am I right? If that's the case, buyers on DPS will hold till then....Million dollar question: how will be the economy be doing then, locally, regionally and globally?

Q1 2009 will be a show of financial data for all corporates globally....and we have seen profit warnings and downgrades. Banks will be under stress to stress the corporates and individuals. Legal action will increase as per article today

VIPCLUB2004
29-01-09, 10:57
i agree fully with Sean G..

Pple gettin axed everyday from corporations trying to weather out the storm..

Expats leaving this sunny island.. home owners scrambling to find tenants to service their mortgages..

its a downward spiral!..

be optimisstic but at the same time be realistic..

Most people still cannot understand the situation :D If as reported by Citi that 200,000 foreigners will leave Singapore in 2009 & 2010, if only 10% of them rent condo, then where to find another 20,000 ppl to replace them? :tsk-tsk:

In long term if the population not grow as expected like 5.5m to 6m, then there is no much room for the property price, who buys?!!?

firec
01-02-09, 13:54
Wow. One Amber asking at 790psf now - see Sat's classifieds.

I'm sure people will offer at around 750psf or even 720psf, and some will secure.

thomastansb
01-02-09, 19:43
This is call clever. Now he sell at 750. Maybe at Q3, people only offer 650. He can easily buy back at 650 and earn like 100 - 200k depending on the size. Not really earn but he lost lesser. Seller have to be realistic. Some still asking 1k? Hahaha. Wait long long.

Anyway, I staying at villa marina bought in 1997 and have seen the ups and downs. If got up, confirm got down. After go down, it will go up. Have to use brains to think. Sometimes, sell and buy back is much better. Don't be like those people who hold their stocks all the way. Sell and buy back is better.

Anyway, any agent here want to help me sell my condo? Thinking of moving to Twin Regency. Let me know. Can PM me.

I'm sure people will offer at around 750psf or even 720psf, and some will secure.

East Lover
02-02-09, 09:25

This Sat, One Amber is asking at 780psf!!! It's interesting to see OA drop 10 psf per week.:scared-2:

According to this speed, it may drop to 700 psf on March (8 weeks later):cool:

VIPCLUB2004
02-02-09, 15:08
This Sat, One Amber is asking at 780psf!!! It's interesting to see OA drop 10 psf per week.:scared-2:

According to this speed, it may drop to 700 psf on March (8 weeks later):cool:

You will be there soon ^o^ Let's go below 700 :D

WolleyDragon
02-02-09, 16:24
I know of someone who checked out an advert in 1 amber, seller / agent quoted 860 psf.. buyer rejected saying too expensive. 1 week later, seller / agent called back and said that price is 800 psf (imagine within 1 week can drop 60 bucks psf)..

buyer rejected.. cuz thinking siaoz, 1 week can drop 60 bucks.. how deep is the rabbit hole??

Geylang OKT
02-02-09, 19:12
Very deep or shallow, you decide :D

b&j
03-02-09, 09:18
I will think those units selling at 790psf n below should be the lower floor and west facing units. Those poolview units wouldn't be selling at prices like that unless their situation is really really bad. One Amber is a nice property especially for own stay. I will definitely go for a poolview unit as the view is fantastic. ;)

Geylang OKT
03-02-09, 10:35
The Esta and One Amber were launched about the same time. So how come Esta completed and Amber still being developed leh? From experience, it would be that Esta was 100% sold :D

b&j
03-02-09, 10:45
The Esta and One Amber were launched about the same time. So how come Esta completed and Amber still being developed leh? From experience, it would be that Esta was 100% sold :D

Hi Geylang OKT,
The Esta and One Amber were launched about the same time. Both property were 100% sold. The buildings for Esta have already been demolished when Esta was launched therefore founcation can be layed faster than One Amber. The old buildings for One Amber were not demolished then therefore it is logical for Esta to TOP first. In comparision, Esta is a smaller property than One Amber, it will definitely needs more time than Esta to be completed. That is the reason why One Amber's development is still under construction now. Good things are definitely worth waiting :)

Geylang OKT
03-02-09, 20:43
Hi Geylang OKT,
The Esta and One Amber were launched about the same time. Both property were 100% sold. The buildings for Esta have already been demolished when Esta was launched therefore founcation can be layed faster than One Amber. The old buildings for One Amber were not demolished then therefore it is logical for Esta to TOP first. In comparision, Esta is a smaller property than One Amber, it will definitely needs more time than Esta to be completed. That is the reason why One Amber's development is still under construction now. Good things are definitely worth waiting :)

Thanks for the info, b&j, it is much appreciated.

Regards :cool:

jc
03-02-09, 22:42
I will think those units selling at 790psf n below should be the lower floor and west facing units. Those poolview units wouldn't be selling at prices like that unless their situation is really really bad. One Amber is a nice property especially for own stay. I will definitely go for a poolview unit as the view is fantastic. ;)

Bro don't mind me asking, how do u know the view is fantastic. Have u been there physically and viewed the place? Is the pool oredi completed?

Sean.G
03-02-09, 23:20
Haha...good one JC. Maybe b&j can visualise from the sitemap. When i went to esta last week took a peek into one amber. within a week they have went from completing the 18th floor to finishing the roof of every block. Progress seems swift there. Maybe developer wanna quickly finish the place to cash in.

Problem with OA is the seperate dining and living area which is really segregated. If not I would offer in an instant.

Better stop thinking and go :sleep:

Mabel
04-02-09, 07:51
Haha...good one JC. Maybe b&j can visualise from the sitemap. When i went to esta last week took a peek into one amber. within a week they have went from completing the 18th floor to finishing the roof of every block. Progress seems swift there. Maybe developer wanna quickly finish the place to cash in.

Problem with OA is the seperate dining and living area which is really segregated. If not I would offer in an instant.

Better stop thinking and go :sleep:

The separate living and dining is not all that bad cos I think (from the showflat) that the space in-between can be filled with plants. This will create a little bit of tropical living right in the heart of the home and not like on the periphery like the planter boxes and balcony area. But it can make the place look smaller. OA is not a bad development but it can be crowded, filled with lots of tenants and so it will not be so exclusive.

b&j
04-02-09, 09:37
Bro don't mind me asking, how do u know the view is fantastic. Have u been there physically and viewed the place? Is the pool oredi completed?

If you study the map and study the units, you will be able to estimate where is the facing. Those poolview units have unblock view as the area which they face are all low rise.

b&j
04-02-09, 09:41
The separate living and dining is not all that bad cos I think (from the showflat) that the space in-between can be filled with plants. This will create a little bit of tropical living right in the heart of the home and not like on the periphery like the planter boxes and balcony area. But it can make the place look smaller. OA is not a bad development but it can be crowded, filled with lots of tenants and so it will not be so exclusive.

I have physically seen both OA and Esta showflats during their launch. I personally like the separation living and dining of OA. This is one of the special layout as compared to others property. Its either you love it or hate it.

b&j
04-02-09, 09:43

If everyone must wait for project to TOP in order to see the view, OA will not be 100% sold. I guess most buyers are able to estimate the view base on the map.

Sean.G
04-02-09, 21:48
Hi Mabel and b&j.

You mean for the 1658sq ft unit the area between the segregated dining and living is an indoor planter space? Or is it an outdoor planter space like those at 11 Amber Rd?

jc
04-02-09, 21:49
I have physically seen both OA and Esta showflats during their launch. I personally like the separation living and dining of OA. This is one of the special layout as compared to others property. Its either you love it or hate it.

Love it cos it is well just different... Hate it cos it is a constraint on the size of my dining table, sitting distance between TV, and also can't watch programmes on TV while i eat... :doh:

Sean.G
04-02-09, 21:52
:cheers4: RIGHT ON JC!!

Yeah...cannot stand eating dinner and not being able to catch my 7pm drama at the same time! is the living area really small?

That's what's been giving me sleepless nights. Cannot get a good bargain for Esta with good layout. Can get good bargain at OA but layout abit hard to overcome. My wife and I even contemplated buying one tv for the dining area and one tv for the living area.

jc
04-02-09, 21:55
If you study the map and study the units, you will be able to estimate where is the facing. Those poolview units have unblock view as the area which they face are all low rise.

Oic... then pls state it is high flr n also it is "believed to be" nice view... Actually it is contradicting... Either u have low flr good pool view but blocked by OLA or other properties or Power Station, or higher flr unblocked view. Can't have both at same time... :)

jc
04-02-09, 22:06
:cheers4: RIGHT ON JC!!

Yeah...cannot stand eating dinner and not being able to catch my 7pm drama at the same time! is the living area really small?

That's what's been giving me sleepless nights. Cannot get a good bargain for Esta with good layout. Can get good bargain at OA but layout abit hard to overcome. My wife and I even contemplated buying one tv for the dining area and one tv for the living area.

Yes bro... Maybe there are many who don't watch TV while eating meals... But i have been doing this as far as i can remember... So personally good layout, room size, etc is very impt to me... Other stuff like less than impressive lobby, small cubicle at Club House, etc... is ok as i don't spend so much time in those areas :)

jc
04-02-09, 22:55

In reality, the plants may not survive for long being indoors... unless u change a new one weekly or fortnightly. Of course, exception is Cactus :) And yes, compared with other neighbouring developments, the same size unit will feel smaller.

Donatello
04-02-09, 23:18

Same thing for esta, walk in balcony and non walk in balcony ;)

b&j
05-02-09, 10:26
Hi Mabel and b&j.

You mean for the 1658sq ft unit the area between the segregated dining and living is an indoor planter space? Or is it an outdoor planter space like those at 11 Amber Rd?

If I am not wrong, it should be outdoor planter space.

b&j
05-02-09, 10:29
Oic... then pls state it is high flr n also it is "believed to be" nice view... Actually it is contradicting... Either u have low flr good pool view but blocked by OLA or other properties or Power Station, or higher flr unblocked view. Can't have both at same time... :)

I did not state high floor becos you can get nice view of both pool and city even if you are on the mid floor. OLA is a low rise therefore those staying at level 8 - 16 should be able to have both view.

b&j
05-02-09, 10:32
Same thing for esta, walk in balcony and non walk in balcony ;)

Yup. In fact for Esta, I prefer the walk in balcony..

b&j
05-02-09, 10:40
Love it cos it is well just different... Hate it cos it is a constraint on the size of my dining table, sitting distance between TV, and also can't watch programmes on TV while i eat... :doh:

Well, it really depends on individual, not 100% units in OA are like that. If you really cannot stand this kind of layout, there are normal layouts as well.

jc
06-02-09, 01:07
Well, it really depends on individual, not 100% units in OA are like that. If you really cannot stand this kind of layout, there are normal layouts as well.

I know... 3 bedrm non pool facing. 3 stacks would be baking in afternoon sun, only 1 more stack pool facing... but is Esta pool lor.... :)

Mabel
06-02-09, 08:01
Hi Mabel and b&j.

I can't tell from the showflat if it is outdoor or indoor planter space but it looks more like an outdoor one and looks like it is separated with glass or window (???) between the living and dining area. It brings the tropical into the room (you see it from almost any angle in living or dining room). I think can also put a water feature there or something but I not too sure lar.

noblebaby
15-02-09, 00:21
The Esta & One Amber, which one is better?

current price is still high for me... :banghead:

VIPCLUB2004
16-02-09, 13:40
The Esta & One Amber, which one is better?

current price is still high for me... :banghead:

No rush & no worry, :sleep: and wait for 2010 :D

proud owner
16-02-09, 13:49
No rush & no worry, :sleep: and wait for 2010 :D

no need to wait till 2010 lah ... feels OA will fall again ...soon ...

WolleyDragon
16-02-09, 15:44
Actually, who's holding / controlling the prices on One Amber?? Property Owners or Real Estate Agents??

Been calling and always quoted 800 plus psf and above. Agents always say prices are like that.. cannot discuss any lower than 800 psf.

I don't know whether these offer prices (< 800 psf) were even conveyed to the owners???

kal
16-02-09, 17:35
agts also wanna close deal n earn a living.. If owner willing to sell at 700 or 600 or 500psf, agt most willing to sell too mah.. If ridiculous price, i believe seller also don wanna sell or even scold the agt siao, hehe

Sean.G
16-02-09, 19:07
I agree with kal. Agents are only in the middleman. Their interest is the commision that they get. I am sure they are not purposely turning you down. Just that owners still pressure them to sell high.

Wait a few more months...agents will slowly relent if they cannot sell a single apt. They are also humans, also have family to feed. So slowly they will start to convince the owners that prices are no longer sky high.

It may not apply to all agents but i am sure some will fall in this category. Recently heard lots of agents complaining hard to make a living and intending to exit this line.

So i guess for buyers, TIME is still on your side.;)

WolleyDragon
18-02-09, 12:46
ONE AMBER SPECIALIST!
(Call to find out latest done prices)

BEST DEALS NOW :
2RM 958sqft Stack25 >10Fl $850psf Try
3RM 1305sqft Stack08 18Fl $880psf Try

5 ROCK-SOLID REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY ONE AMBER :

(1)Grossly Undervalued from both

(a)Comparative Perspective:
Against condos in area with same specs :
- Freehold in District 15
- Full Condo Facilities
- Brandnew
- Walking distance to Parkway Parade

There is none trading at current levels of $800-950psf except for Esta next door which TOP first (Nov08)

(b)Historical Perspective

Compare with historical support level for resale property prices in District 15 in the last 10 years
- Lowest point in 2003 hovering $700psf on ave.
- One Amber is brandnew
- Premium of new condo at $200psf more is justified

(2)Expect Impressive finishings from developer UOL the brandname behind many luxury condo launch in prime district 09/10 in last few years

(3)Boasts of all single-storey penthouses (rare in Singapore)

(4)Within 2km to good schools in the east like Tanjung Katong Girls/Tao Nan Primary

(5)Ten minustes drive to CBD/Marina Sands Casino!

For siteplan and other project info goto:
=> http://www.SingaporePropertyWise.com

Hi guys, saw this one amber ad at propertyguru.com.. this agent macham telling you that paying $200 above market rate is the right thing to do..

proud owner
18-02-09, 12:56
[quote=WolleyDragon]ONE AMBER SPECIALIST!
(Call to find out latest done prices)

BEST DEALS NOW :
2RM 958sqft Stack25 >10Fl $850psf Try
3RM 1305sqft Stack08 18Fl $880psf Try

5 ROCK-SOLID REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY ONE AMBER :

(1)Grossly Undervalued from both

(a)Comparative Perspective:
Against condos in area with same specs :
- Freehold in District 15
- Full Condo Facilities
- Brandnew
- Walking distance to Parkway Parade

There is none trading at current levels of $800-950psf except for Esta next door which TOP first (Nov08)

in dec 2008 most transacted at 850 psf

in 2009
jan 09 1313 sqft 761 psf (latest REAL transaction)
jan 09 1507 sqft 816 psf
jan 09 1313 sqft 825 psf
jan 09 1302 sqft 797 psf
dec08 1389 sqft 850 psf

you said NONE trading at currect level of 800-950 psf ??

dont mean to frighten you .. i feel force sell in OA will be soon as TOP approaches ... check around man .. alot purchased more than 1 unit without securing loan ..

Sean.G
18-02-09, 21:46
I agree with the agent and proud owner.

One amber is a project that is bigger scale and more facilities than Esta. Among the 3 major devt in amber area, it is considered to rank No2, behind TSV and in front of Esta. Hence it is one with great investment potential.

AND

Proud owner does have a point that as the project nears TOP, we will slowly see who has the holding power and who doesn't at OA.

Conclusion, dun be foolish thinking that 850 is a good buy. But if it drops below 800psf, OA would be a value buy for the long run. Cos on the upswing your profit margin at least 200psf.
:spliff:

jc
19-02-09, 00:37
I agree with the agent and proud owner.

One amber is a project that is bigger scale and more facilities than Esta. Among the 3 major devt in amber area, it is considered to rank No2, behind TSV and in front of Esta. Hence it is one with great investment potential.

AND

Proud owner does have a point that as the project nears TOP, we will slowly see who has the holding power and who doesn't at OA.

Conclusion, dun be foolish thinking that 850 is a good buy. But if it drops below 800psf, OA would be a value buy for the long run. Cos on the upswing your profit margin at least 200psf.
:spliff:

Agree that One amber is a project that is bigger scale and more facilities than Esta BUT unless one really can ppreciate the extra half basketball ct. Otherwise One Amber can be crowded with 6 or 7 units per level, 562 units, furthest from Parkway 15-20 min walk... Easily will drop to the 3rd place among the 3 :)

VIPCLUB2004
19-02-09, 09:07
no need to wait till 2010 lah ... feels OA will fall again ...soon ...

OK, keep watching ^o^:D

pegasus
26-02-09, 10:21
FYI Heard from Knight Frank (original mktg agent) completion expected in Jun 09 with TOP in 3Q09

b&j
26-02-09, 10:43
FYI Heard from Knight Frank (original mktg agent) completion expected in Jun 09 with TOP in 3Q09

Hi Pegasus,
Oh, that will be great! All the pent houses have been completed already. Roofs should be done soon. Really hope they can TOP soon. So excited to see the finished One Amber! :spliff:

VIPCLUB2004
26-02-09, 12:43
Expecting a good price then :D

pegasus
26-02-09, 14:19
Expecting a good price then :D

Hope you can catch the bottom. As for me, a first-owner buyer, I'm so looking forward to moving in. Should be able to get a decent reno deal at this time.

latour
02-03-09, 09:46

Was around the area on Saturday, looking at the construction, Q3'09 TOP ? seems like quite alot more to do.

VIPCLUB2004
02-03-09, 12:08
Hope you can catch the bottom. As for me, a first-owner buyer, I'm so looking forward to moving in. Should be able to get a decent reno deal at this time.

Not to catch the bottom, but wait for the reasonable price. If you bought few years ago at $7xx, great, but if you bought at $1xxx, then take care :)

East Lover
02-03-09, 13:41
Saw some interesting info about One Abmer:

what is Tenure: Freehold 99 years???

FH or LH99???

pegasus
02-03-09, 14:22
Saw some interesting info about One Abmer:

what is Tenure: Freehold 99 years???

FH or LH99???

It's 999.

What info have you got?

East Lover
02-03-09, 16:47
It's 999.

What info have you got?
just google One Amber, happened to click this link. typo error?
http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.page/Properties/PropNex_Property_for_Sales/?PostID=367252

pegasus
02-03-09, 20:27
just google One Amber, happened to click this link. typo error?
http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.page/Properties/PropNex_Property_for_Sales/?PostID=367252

Well, must be a typo. My S&P states 999.

East Lover
03-03-09, 08:23
whats the lauch price of One Amber? worthy to buy if at 800psf? or 700psf?

b&j
03-03-09, 10:21
Was around the area on Saturday, looking at the construction, Q3'09 TOP ? seems like quite alot more to do.

I was ard the area last sat too. Ya. Seems that there are a lot more to do. Progress does not seem fast. Does not looks like it can TOP Q3'09. :banghead:

latour
03-03-09, 11:37

One Amber is 999yrs LH, NOT Freehold ???

WolleyDragon
03-03-09, 12:48

What's the difference?

1000 yrs is a freaking long time.. now it's 2009, 1000 yrs later is 3009.. or work backwards, 2009, 1000 yrs ago, it's 1009.. you still see any 1009 buildings around?

focus
03-03-09, 12:48
Does it make a big difference between 999 and FH ??
I thought it only makes a big difference if it's 99yrs versus 999/FH?

pegasus
03-03-09, 14:07

It's a legal definition. 999 is as good as freehold and both will always command a premium over a similar 99-year LH property.

East Lover
03-03-09, 14:15
whats the lauch price of One Amber? worthy to buy if at 800psf? or 700psf?
anyone can answer me?

1) whats the lauch price of One Amber?
2) what the reasonable price now? 800psf? 700psf?

pegasus
03-03-09, 16:58
anyone can answer me?

I bought mine during the preview so i had 10% discount (8% for taking progressive payments + 2% for preview). Looking at the preview price list, 1 BDR was going for late $500k/early $600k, 2BDR late $700k/mid-$800k, 3 BDR late $800k to early $1 m & so on. Not sure what the prices were when it was officially launched.

Hard to say what is deemed as reasonable price. To me, as long as I can afford it, I would consider it reasonable. I also compared OA's prices then and they were quite comparable to Esta's public sale prices (preview prices must be lower but I have no idea) but Esta did not have good units left when OA was launched. Also compared Seaview's prices which were higher and again, not many good units left.

East Lover
03-03-09, 17:31
I bought mine during the preview so i had 10% discount (8% for taking progressive payments + 2% for preview). Looking at the preview price list, 1 BDR was going for late $500k/early $600k, 2BDR late $700k/mid-$800k, 3 BDR late $800k to early $1 m & so on. Not sure what the prices were when it was officially launched.

Hard to say what is deemed as reasonable price. To me, as long as I can afford it, I would consider it reasonable. I also compared OA's prices then and they were quite comparable to Esta's public sale prices (preview prices must be lower but I have no idea) but Esta did not have good units left when OA was launched. Also compared Seaview's prices which were higher and again, not many good units left.
Hi, thanks for the detailed answer. :)
Congrates to you, have a good buy at OA. Heard it's going to T.O.P Q309?

WolleyDragon
04-03-09, 14:41
anyone can answer me?

I don't really know what the launch prices were but I managed to download www.livesingapore.com (http://www.livesingapore.com) (before someone took it offline) One Amber prices.

Based on what I saw;
Jun'06 to Dec'06 Average PSF was abt $775
2007 onwards, prices started to ramp up from $791 to $1200 plus
2008 prices maintained until it started to decrease from $1100 (Jun08) to $880 (Nov08)
2009 prices (can be seen in URA) are averaging $812 in Jan-Feb09.

Therefore, my analysis is that, the current ask rate of $850 psf by agents is way above what the market is willing to pay for. The above trend conclude that prices are on a declining trend and should hover back to Jun'06 prices. Which is high end of $700 plus psf.

august
04-03-09, 14:52
I don't really know what the launch prices were but I managed to download www.livesingapore.com (http://www.livesingapore.com) (before someone took it offline) One Amber prices.

Based on what I saw;
2008 prices maintained until it started to decrease from $1100 (Jun08) to $880 (Nov08)

Therefore, my analysis is that, the current ask rate of $850 psf by agents is way above what the market is willing to pay for. The above trend conclude that prices are on a declining trend and should hover back to Jun'06 prices. Which is high end of $700 plus psf.

agree, $700+ psf will be more realistic than current prices

latour
04-03-09, 15:10
Wait till $700 psf then go in to have a look, that will be about another 3 to 6 months,,, still hearing OA TOP will be Q3'09 (maybe Sep or Oct)... for the time being can sleep on it for a while :sleep: .

Will ask those agents friends to let me know only if units willing to sell at $700 psf... its interesting time ahead i guess. Thanks for the info on those launch prices.

East Lover
04-03-09, 17:24

Based on what I saw;

Thanks for the trend analysis.
Wow, One Amber's launch price is 100+ higher than Esta! Since all the Esta owners have secured their loan, very very hard to bargain now. But for One Amber, the launch price already so high, $812 is just break even in fact. if they fire sell at $700 psf, must lost a lot of $$$, right?

East Lover
04-03-09, 17:26
Wait till $700 psf then go in to have a look, that will be about another 3 to 6 months,,, still hearing OA TOP will be Q3'09 (maybe Sep or Oct)... for the time being can sleep on it for a while :sleep: .

Will ask those agents friends to let me know only if units willing to sell at $700 psf... its interesting time ahead i guess. Thanks for the info on those launch prices.
Wish your 700 psf dream come true :p

Property_Owner
05-03-09, 08:44

Do let me know if you can find one, I can pay a little more at 720psf. Will pay commission to your agent friends. PM me. Thanks:)

East Lover
05-03-09, 09:01
Do let me know if you can find one, I can pay a little more at 720psf. Will pay commission to your agent friends. PM me. Thanks:)

I guess have to wait for another 6 more mth. when the owners really have problem to secure the bank loan, and couldn't find other ppl to catch the ball, then it's possible to drop to your 700 psf level.

So far, there even no transactions in Feb for One Amber.... WHY???:confused:

Price Floor Area Price Date
1,149,241 1,335 861 Jan-09
1,000,000 1,313 761 Jan-09
1,230,000 1,507 816 Jan-09
1,083,225 1,313 825 Jan-09
1,038,000 1,302 797 Jan-09

Just in case you didn't watch News last night, here is the latest prediction for GDP by LKY:

GDP shrinking 8% may be probable http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20090305-126286.html

august
05-03-09, 09:09
I guess have to wait for another 6 more mth. when the owners really have problem to secure the bank loan, and couldn't find other ppl to catch the ball, then it's possible to drop to your 700 psf level.

So far, there even no transactions in Feb for One Amber.... WHY???:confused:

Price Floor Area Price Date
1,149,241 1,335 861 Jan-09
1,000,000 1,313 761 Jan-09
1,230,000 1,507 816 Jan-09
1,083,225 1,313 825 Jan-09
1,038,000 1,302 797 Jan-09

Just in case you didn't watch News last night, here is the latest prediction for GDP by LKY:

GDP shrinking 8% may be probable http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20090305-126286.html no transactions for Feb likely because all went to new or relaunches like Caspian, Alexis, Livia, etc etc?

East Lover
05-03-09, 09:18
no transactions for Feb likely because all went to new or relaunches like Caspian, Alexis, Livia, etc etc?
but there are transactions in Esta and even the Sea View. Are the One Amber owners still asking high high, none of them willing to give up to 700psf? :p

Property_Owner
05-03-09, 09:35
but there are transactions in Esta and even the Sea View. Are the One Amber owners still asking high high, none of them willing to give up to 700psf? :p

Lets put it this way, you said OA breakeven at 812psf(how you get this number?) So launch price 780psf? We take on average 3 room of 1300sqft. Let's say he sell at 700psf. Loss of 112psf. So will be paper loss of about
$145600. Who will want to sell @ loss. Read the papers, all asking 8xxpsf. Called the agents, told me take up rate very good. Buyers willing to commit at 8xxpsf(surprised too as you mentioned no caveats lodged). TOP still far, at least end of year. But I know owners are starting to sercure loans, as wat you mentioned too. Once owner gets loan price will be quite firm. Well, see how bah, wish you and me good luck.:)

East Lover
05-03-09, 10:00
Lets put it this way, you said OA breakeven at 812psf(how you get this number?) So launch price 780psf? We take on average 3 room of 1300sqft. Let's say he sell at 700psf. Loss of 112psf. So will be paper loss of about
$145600. Who will want to sell @ loss. Read the papers, all asking 8xxpsf. Called the agents, told me take up rate very good. Buyers willing to commit at 8xxpsf(surprised too as you mentioned no caveats lodged). TOP still far, at least end of year. But I know owners are starting to sercure loans, as wat you mentioned too. Once owner gets loan price will be quite firm. Well, see how bah, wish you and me good luck.:)

you said OA breakeven at 812psf(how you get this number?) So launch price 780psf?
I based on what WolleyDragon said: 06 average $775psf, 09 average $812, so sounds breakeven, right? :)

That's why I said $700psf maybe just a dream. :ashamed1: nevertheless, it's not worthy buy above 800psf, as I really can't appreciate the 6/7 units per floor, funny layout between living & dinning hall... I prefer to south facing unit, but only north facing unit got pool view & unblock views.

I will consider One Amber only if it's CHEAP. :p otherwise, I rather to be cash rich, debt free, can retire anytime. ;)

By the way, "who will want to sell @ loss", agree, but sometimes they have no choice... if economic goes worse and worse, no tenant, no buyers, he has no choice but to sell at loss. :rolleyes:

Remember the last peak 1997? the price only bottomed around 04, 05, in 8 years time. Not saying want to time the bottom, but really no harm to wait for 6 more mth, right? that may save you $200K! :spliff:

So wish you and me good luck!:cheers1:

Based on what I saw;

b&j
05-03-09, 10:37
i dun tink owners will let go at 7xxpsf since they bought it at tat price....unless they got retrenched n go into very serious financial difficulty. 8xxpsf is already considered a good buy for One Amber provided u have the cash. Those who buy now at 8xxpsf can look forward to selling it a good profits when the economy picks up though its still a long time to go. Well, you still have to be cash rich in order to buy one. One Amber has got very unique layouts, those we dun like the differentiation of living n dining should not be even considering this property. :tsk-tsk:

latour
05-03-09, 11:50
Wish your 700 psf dream come true :p

Thanks, will know in 6 months time i think :sleep: .
The other thing is OA is 999yrs not freehold - any real real differences ???

East Lover
05-03-09, 12:40

1. 999 v.s. FH, no big diff lah.

2. GDP could shrink 10% - so in 6 mths you dream may come true.

Said Mr Lee: 'If the second quarter shows a further drop of another 30, 40 per cent, it (economic growth) will go down to -10 (per cent).'
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_346139.html

VIPCLUB2004
05-03-09, 12:42

I will wair for one and half years, i.e., end of 2010 :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

East Lover
05-03-09, 12:50
Good luck, everyone!

East Lover
05-03-09, 12:53
I will wair for one and half years, i.e., end of 2010 :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
why end of 2010? OA T.O.P already, loan secured liao, no way to bargain further, just like Esta now. So i think the best time to bargain at 3Q 09, not end of 2010

WolleyDragon
05-03-09, 12:58

Yes, I also read the papers, and also noticed that all are asking 8xx psf (however, there are some already listing at $795 psf).. You should however, not take whatever the agents say at face value... you know the chinese saying about flower sellers always say their flowers are nice and pretty??

Take up rate very good?? January only transacted 5 deals, highest was 861 psf, lowest was $762 psf.. February lagi worse, no sales at all.. What it means is that buyers are NOT willing to commit at 8xx psf. to-date there are no caveats lodged with URA.. (The same goes for The Esta & The Sea View, where take up rate is extremely slow)..

What we have here is a crossroad situation.. Buyers all expect that the current prices will be LOWER.. Sellers cannot face reality that the market price is so low, so still ask for 8xx psf..

However, the whole situation will become clearer once One Amber obtains its TOP. One Amber is the most susceptible to fail under the deferred payment scheme. When you weed out those speculators who cannot get financing for their home loan, you will see fire sales everywhere.. Once all the owners are able to obtain financing, the is no pressure to sell, and thus, the prices will maintain at a certain level (eg. The Esta).

WolleyDragon
05-03-09, 13:09
Hi All,

I'm attaching simple trend analysis of Amber sites (One Amber, The Esta & The Sea View) obtained from www.livesingapore.com (http://www.livesingapore.com)

WolleyDragon
05-03-09, 13:24
no transactions for Feb likely because all went to new or relaunches like Caspian, Alexis, Livia, etc etc?

Not true, people who committed at Caspian are folks who are familiar with Jurong area (in other words, Jurong people seldom buy D15 and D15 folks don't buy Jurong area.. Alexis are mainly speculators looking for a quick flip (at low overall cost) or for rental / investment opportunities... Livia, are there much sales ? from what I know, they are having trouble selling even after lowering the ask price...

At the end of the day, the only reason for no sales in Feb is mainly due to price, price, price..

code01
05-03-09, 13:40
Yes, I also read the papers, and also noticed that all are asking 8xx psf (however, there are some already listing at $795 psf).. You should however, not take whatever the agents say at face value... you know the chinese saying about flower sellers always say their flowers are nice and pretty??

Take up rate very good?? January only transacted 5 deals, highest was 861 psf, lowest was $762 psf.. February lagi worse, no sales at all.. What it means is that buyers are NOT willing to commit at 8xx psf. to-date there are no caveats lodged with URA.. (The same goes for The Esta & The Sea View, where take up rate is extremely slow)..

What we have here is a crossroad situation.. Buyers all expect that the current prices will be LOWER.. Sellers cannot face reality that the market price is so low, so still ask for 8xx psf..

However, the whole situation will become clearer once One Amber obtains its TOP. One Amber is the most susceptible to fail under the deferred payment scheme. When you weed out those speculators who cannot get financing for their home loan, you will see fire sales everywhere.. Once all the owners are able to obtain financing, the is no pressure to sell, and thus, the prices will maintain at a certain level (eg. The Esta).

To have 5 transaction in a project in a down market is considered very good. Anyway there were transaction in feb and march and its just not out in caveat yet. URA information might not be that current as it depends on when the lawyers lodge the caveat.

People are coming into OA because Esta has got no more stock. All the serious sellers in Esta and Seaview have sold their units and the rest has rented out their units. Hence there is little or no transactions in Esta n Seaview. So everyone is aiming for OA now lor.

Demand for properties ard 1 million is still there despite the ongoings.

pegasus
05-03-09, 14:13
Based on the name list of buyers I saw, there's a couple of Dr and quite a few Indonesian-sounding names. And from talking to two agents who have asked me if I'm keen to sell (the so-called OA specialists), the number of possible sellers is quite low. People who wanted to flip would have sold out by now. So you are left with the owner-occupier and the investor-for-rental type. With low mortgage rate, it is not difficult to get nett rental yield higher than the current dismal savings rate of < 1%.

For a big-ticket item like a house, no one waits for the last minute to line up a loan even when you take deferred payment.

The current credit crisis is not new; it started mid-07. Maybe you will get a few owners who will do fire sale but I think the number will not be high.

East Lover
05-03-09, 14:33
Hi All,

I'm attaching simple trend analysis of Amber sites (One Amber, The Esta & The Sea View) obtained from www.livesingapore.com (http://www.livesingapore.com)
thanks for the sharing. luckily you downloaded the old data... that website already retired.

WolleyDragon
06-03-09, 10:42
Unless we can see hard proof of transactions (via URA which is the official data), , I won't take whatever agents comments at face value (on the good take-up rates, reasonable prices etc).

On another note, I somehow see marketing agents asking for sky high prices again (Just saw a $1000 psf ad at propertyguru.com for One Amber)...

I seriously am wondering how these prices are being determined; Our Singapore GDP is facing a 10% reduction in FY2009 (as predicted by great leader LKY), local SGX has seen market value drop 30% since Dec'08, Job losses are unavoidable in FY2009, worldwide economy is in deep shit.. US / UK home market values are still sliding down like a limp turd in the toilet bowl..

With all these bad news; local agents can happily put out an advert asking $1K plus.. sigh

coburn
06-03-09, 13:19
Unless we can see hard proof of transactions (via URA which is the official data), , I won't take whatever agents comments at face value (on the good take-up rates, reasonable prices etc).

On another note, I somehow see marketing agents asking for sky high prices again (Just saw a $1000 psf ad at propertyguru.com for One Amber)...

I seriously am wondering how these prices are being determined; Our Singapore GDP is facing a 10% reduction in FY2009 (as predicted by great leader LKY), local SGX has seen market value drop 30% since Dec'08, Job losses are unavoidable in FY2009, worldwide economy is in deep shit.. US / UK home market values are still sliding down like a limp turd in the toilet bowl..

With all these bad news; local agents can happily put out an advert asking $1K plus.. sigh

well I also dont understand..
but at the end of the day, it is willing buyer, willing seller...
they must have sensed demand and price it accordingly.

just like so many of us are shocked at the price of Alexis but it still sold out in 3 days. We cannot refute there is demand and plenty of buyers around

East Lover
06-03-09, 14:05
well I also dont understand..
but at the end of the day, it is willing buyer, willing seller...
they must have sensed demand and price it accordingly.

just like so many of us are shocked at the price of Alexis but it still sold out in 3 days. We cannot refute there is demand and plenty of buyers around
I think a lot of us in this forum don't really understand. but let's think of it other way: more buyers willing to commit and commited in such silly high price, less compititor for us to pickup the really good buy in the near future. :)

Anyway, I really don't think we should pay more than 1mil for a 3 bedders in Esta or One Amber, given the property scale, floor layout and the facts of over-supplied East Coast.

So if eventually we will buy nothing, well, what's a big deal??? I have my own house stay already, i have my spare cash to spend, i can retire young. So if i missed this expensive boat, that is definitely not my lost.

Don't forget, cash is the king today. let's worry about the inflication after this storm, now ppl are worrying how to secure the job, how to survive the business.

Whoever over committed, they will cry eventually. i really doubt the property market can pickup so fast within 2-3 years. what if price keep on dropping, no tenant, bank valuation dropping, one day bank ask you to topup the gap, then how?

Be patient. Be steady. :spliff:

code01
06-03-09, 15:52

Seller want this price so agent put up lor. Agent got money to burn mah

The funny thing as is in spite of all the bad news, there is really not alot of units with good prices left. I also wonder why :D

Donatello
08-03-09, 09:31

OA is freehold. That's what's stated in the brochure from developer.

latour
08-03-09, 21:30
OA is freehold. That's what's stated in the brochure from developer.

??? Is it FREEHOLD or 999 years now ???

b&j
09-03-09, 10:57
??? Is it FREEHOLD or 999 years now ???
Its a freehold....:)

b&j
09-03-09, 11:03
Seller want this price so agent put up lor. Agent got money to burn mah

The funny thing as is in spite of all the bad news, there is really not alot of units with good prices left. I also wonder why :D

Quite a number of units are bought for own stay. And during the property peak last yr, there were many good units sold at $1000psf & above. I guess those good units have mostly been taken up.

swiftpuker
09-03-09, 21:48
The "cheaper" units with reasonable floor level and pricing don't stay in the market for long.

Those left have higher asking prices. People who have seen 1000psf won't be easily let go at $800psf. Launch price in terms of psf not low also.

Feeling is that those asking at $900psf above just trying their luck to find someone who would take up at that price.

Eventually, people who missed the selling boat get fed up and stop selling their unit to convert to own stay or rental, either subsidising the tenant or "tahan" the storm.

Supply of low quantum units eg 2 bedders in the market now not a lot.

Maybe near TOP may see more units for sale? Next year lower prices or become like Esta?

code01
10-03-09, 00:54
The "cheaper" units with reasonable floor level and pricing don't stay in the market for long.

Those left have higher asking prices. People who have seen 1000psf won't be easily let go at $800psf. Launch price in terms of psf not low also.

Feeling is that those asking at $900psf above just trying their luck to find someone who would take up at that price.

Eventually, people who missed the selling boat get fed up and stop selling their unit to convert to own stay or rental, either subsidising the tenant or "tahan" the storm.

Maybe near TOP may see more units for sale? Next year lower prices or become like Esta?

bro u r spot on man ;)

East Lover
11-03-09, 18:26

Wow, entire forum soooooooo quiet, the post as little as Esta's transaction :)

let's see whether changes when TOP coming...

b&j
12-03-09, 11:51
Wow, entire forum soooooooo quiet, the post as little as Esta's transaction :)

let's see whether changes when TOP coming...

Hi East Lover,
Ya man! TOP should be half a yr more.....progress looks good now....:)

nochoice
12-03-09, 23:21
Hi East Lover,
Ya man! TOP should be half a yr more.....progress looks good now....:)

Looking at the progress, if can be TOP by end of the year very lucky already.

b&j
13-03-09, 09:38
Looking at the progress, if can be TOP by end of the year very lucky already.

I think end of the year is definitely not a problem. They have already completed all the roofs. Now already installing the window panes & glasses. Painting of rooms are also in progress.

thomastansb
14-03-09, 19:14
Is this a subsale? Or late caveat? Is 700+ a norm for One Amber now? Considering icon is just 1k, sail at 1.2k and even skyline is 1.1k psf for low floors.

ONE AMBER (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=ONE%20AMBER&street_name=AMBER%20GARDENS&property_type_code=24');) AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 906,480 1,259 720 Feb-09

august
14-03-09, 21:07
Is this a subsale? Or late caveat? Is 700+ a norm for One Amber now? Considering icon is just 1k, sail at 1.2k and even skyline is 1.1k psf for low floors.

ONE AMBER (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=ONE%20AMBER&street_name=AMBER%20GARDENS&property_type_code=24%27%29;) AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 906,480 1,259 720 Feb-09

this is lowest floor

myxzyden
14-03-09, 21:44
this is lowest floor
how you manage to find out? you know the unit number?

august
14-03-09, 22:12
how you manage to find out? you know the unit number?

7 Amber Gardens #03-15

firec
14-03-09, 23:58
Anyone knows the estimated maintenance fees for a 3+1?

b&j
16-03-09, 10:20
There was a newspaper article on Straits Times yesterday indicating that One Amber is one the properties which will TOP by this year end. Also states that in Jan-Feb there were 8 transacations, showing that it is one of the more popular properties in the market.

WolleyDragon
16-03-09, 13:29
like that also can har??? :doh:

VIPCLUB2004
16-03-09, 20:10
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 906,480 1,259 720 二月-09
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,044,970 1,259 830 二月-09
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,117,600 1,270 880 一月-09
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,149,241 1,335 861 一月-09
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,000,000 1,313 761 一月-09
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,230,000 1,507 816 一月-09
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,083,225 1,313 825 一月-09
ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,038,000 1,302 797 一月-09

Starting to sell at $7xx psf liao.... :D

b&j
17-03-09, 08:55

A property agent told me that those units selling at $7xx are mostly low floors and west facing. Good units are still sold at $8xx.

Property_Owner
17-03-09, 10:10
A property agent told me that those units selling at $7xx are mostly low floors and west facing. Good units are still sold at $8xx.

Keke, just bought 1 unit there. :D

Spunk
17-03-09, 10:27
Keke, just bought 1 unit there. :D

Congrats! :character0029: , care to share how much u paid for it??? Floor level and facing??

Many thanks.

Property_Owner
17-03-09, 10:42
Congrats! :character0029: , care to share how much u paid for it??? Floor level and facing??

Many thanks.

Thanks. $800plus psf. Mid floor, pool facing. 3+1. :spliff2:

East Lover
17-03-09, 11:44
Haha, you finallly cann't wait till price drop to $700psf as you said previously...

Wanna to share with us, why eventually you decided to take up on unit in One Amber, at 800++psf?

Many ppl in this forum want to price drop, but till now market seems still quick hold up leh....

Property_Owner
17-03-09, 12:09
Haha, you finallly cann't wait till price drop to $700psf as you said previously...

Wanna to share with us, why eventually you decided to take up on unit in One Amber, at 800++psf?

Many ppl in this forum want to price drop, but till now market seems still quick hold up leh....

I always want to own the following properties in D15: OA,ESTA, TSV, Aalto.
Now no more sleepless nights for me:sleep:. Well, why decide? Maybe after what gfoo said. Maybe after my agent said. But IHMO, I would say I don't want to catch the bottom. I like that unit, can afford so buy. Also I'm not buying at the peak why worry so much. Btw it's not for own stay, more for investment, long team. :)

dtrax
17-03-09, 12:20
I always want to own the following properties in D15: OA,ESTA, TSV, Aalto.
Now no more sleepless nights for me:sleep:. Well, why decide? Maybe after what gfoo said. Maybe after my agent said. But IHMO, I would say I don't want to catch the bottom. I like that unit, can afford so buy. Also I'm not buying at the peak why worry so much. Btw it's not for own stay, more for investment, long team. :)

Whether for homestay or investment, buying at this period can never be wrong. Only question is how much will it fall of course not in an attempt to catch the bottom.
Well its more logical if buying for homestay since price sensitivity is not as high investment. For investment (putting capital appreciation aside when selling in future) what matters most is the rental yield as investors would be concern of the weak rental demand which puts pple from buying at this point of time.. considering that there quite a few midfloors at 8xx around for sale unless your agent has gd pyscho power hehe

wkang1970
17-03-09, 13:23
Read from article, if a unit has irregular shape, is no good for feng shui. And the units in One Amber are all odd shapes, so is it true? Any view?

latour
17-03-09, 16:23

West facing with afternoon sun... how bad is that?

or the unit's Main Doors is facing West?

PN
17-03-09, 19:58

When I was a teenager, I stay with my mum & the house is west facing. My bedroom is the worst hit. Even at 9pm, when I touch the bedroom wall, it's still warm. Turning on the fan doesn't help much. That's how bad it can be. We don't have aircon at that time, too poor to have one.

In condo, all bedrooms has an aircon. If you turn on the aircon, it will consume more power to cool down a warm bedroom versus cooling a non west facing room.

As for Feng Shui, I'm not an expert but this is what I understood. According to Feng Shui, there are 8 types of auspicious houses that will bring financial status, family harmony, good people relationship & good marriage life.

Type 1, 3, 4,9 belongs to the eastern group.
Type 2, 6, 7, 8 belongs to the western group.
There is no type 5.

If the main door is facing west, this is type 3 & belong to eastern group. If you want to be lucky living in this eastern group house, you must belong to eastern group people. The next ques will be how do you know if you belong to eastern or western group people. This can be determined using your birth date.

latour
18-03-09, 00:16

7 Amber Gardens #03-1x
Freehold
$720
$906k
27 Feb 09
1 Amber Gardens #06-0x
Freehold
$761
$1000k
23 Jan 09
9 Amber Gardens #01-2x
Freehold
$762
$1008k
31 Jul 08
3 Amber Gardens #14-0x
Freehold
$797
$1038k
07 Jan 09

Someone manage to find these... looks like $7xx psf not necessary low floor. I tot #6 and #14 (maybe its 14) is very good buy.

East Lover
18-03-09, 11:28

not really. the 03-15 is east facing. much better than the west facing unit. maybe has Esta pool view since so close to Esta? :)
i guess the only drawback is the road noise - I saw one unit in Esta, north facing, the BUS come and go, very very BTH, really can't imagine hwo to sleep on the road :doh:

East Lover
18-03-09, 11:33
Read from article, if a unit has irregular shape, is no good for feng shui. And the units in One Amber are all odd shapes, so is it true? Any view?
Agreed, good fei shui must have regular shape, as the irregular shape representing missing some element... maybe need fei shui master to do something to over come the missing part.

No much view in One Amber, just a big scale FH in D15, good enough to attract buyers... so far only SV, Esta & OA are big scale projects in D15, the rest are all micky mouse projects...:p

One thing I don't like is the Giant big bay window in master toilet! what can we do for that? pay so much $$$ for an useless bay window in toilet! the developer is just like a robber! :banghead:

proud owner
18-03-09, 11:40
Agreed, good fei shui must have regular shape, as the irregular shape representing missing some element... maybe need fei shui master to do something to over come the missing part.

No much view in One Amber, just a big scale FH in D15, good enough to attract buyers... so far only SV, Esta & OA are big scale projects in D15, the rest are all micky mouse projects...:p

One thing I don't like is the Giant big bay window in master toilet! what can we do for that? pay so much $$$ for an useless bay window in toilet! the developer is just like a robber! :banghead:

ya lor
developers made alot of $$ all these yrs cheating us with the bay windows ...

i just came back from manhattan, house viewing .. over in NY ..built up space really mean Built up space.. bay window, dont count, even balcony space and terrace space are not counted. .

i saw an apt .. 1200 sqft (2 bedroom) nice size .. yet it comes with a balcony about 500 sqft outside living room and master bedroom ..

another unit 1200 sqft , 2 bedroom ..it has a terrace of 1200 sqft ...

and when you rent it ..you pay only the interior space .. no cheating one ...

East Lover
18-03-09, 11:44
ya lor
developers made alot of $$ all these yrs cheating us with the bay windows ...

i just came back from manhattan, house viewing .. over in NY ..built up space really mean Built up space.. bay window, dont count, even balcony space and terrace space are not counted. .

i saw an apt .. 1200 sqft (2 bedroom) nice size .. yet it comes with a balcony about 500 sqft outside living room and master bedroom ..

another unit 1200 sqft , 2 bedroom ..it has a terrace of 1200 sqft ...

and when you rent it ..you pay only the interior space .. no cheating one ...
haha, in Singapore ppl will declare FIRE sales for 1700 sfqt, or 2400 sqft unit! HERE every single useless area will count, regardless the big big bay window in toilet or living room, regardless big big balcony or planter everywhere, they even count the Aircode ledge!

So far NO singaporean fight for that mah???

PN
18-03-09, 11:51

Regular shaped houses are definitely superior to irregular shaped houses.
The most favored shape of a house in Feng Shui is that of a rectangle, wherein the chi can flow smoothly throughout the house.

If you believe in it, it is true. Othewise, it's rubbish.

b&j
18-03-09, 13:55
Regular shaped houses are definitely superior to irregular shaped houses.
The most favored shape of a house in Feng Shui is that of a rectangle, wherein the chi can flow smoothly throughout the house.

If you believe in it, it is true. Othewise, it's rubbish.

Ya. I agree. Its whether u believe in it or not. I personally like OA layout becos of the unique shape. Feng Shui to me is not important at all. :rolleyes:

jc
19-03-09, 01:50

Congrats!! Is it stack 27?

jc
19-03-09, 01:57

Sorry bro for being too forthright in askng :) Stack 1 & 27 used to be my favourite 3+S type too...

b&j
19-03-09, 08:52
Sorry bro for being too forthright in askng :) Stack 1 & 27 used to be my favourite 3+S type too...

Yeh Jc. Stack 27 is v good. I like it too. Good buy!!:D

East Lover
19-03-09, 10:06
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/siteplan/one-amber/one-amber-siteplan.jpg

East Lover
19-03-09, 10:09
http://condo.singaporeexpats.com/includes/floorplan.php?condo=ONE%20AMBER
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/one-amber/floorplan-typeC8.jpg

aiya
21-03-09, 15:25
can someone please tell me how much this property was launched at? i'm looking at the 3-bedder units.

thanks.

Property_Owner
23-03-09, 09:52

Next week I will let you know once I exercise my option. Hope you understand :)

b&j
23-03-09, 10:57
can someone please tell me how much this property was launched at? i'm looking at the 3-bedder units.

thanks.

For a 3-bedder unit, the launch price back then is ard $7xx psf.

aiya
23-03-09, 13:52
For a 3-bedder unit, the launch price back then is ard $7xx psf.

thanks b&j but would that be high $7xx or low $7xx? a rough estimate will do.

jc
24-03-09, 01:02
Next week I will let you know once I exercise my option. Hope you understand :)

Yes I completely understand. I apologise for being too forthright in asking, normally not my style. Guess am a little over excited n happy for u... :)

Property_Owner
24-03-09, 10:49
Yes I completely understand. I apologise for being too forthright in asking, normally not my style. Guess am a little over excited n happy for u... :)

No problem at all. Just went to view RG last weekend, friend of mine collected key. So nice feeling there. Now my mind start to wonder too whether to exercise the option of not. Haha

Property_Owner
24-03-09, 10:52

Best is to call the agents marketing OA, guess not hard to find. Everyday papers are swamp with advertisements. Expert or specialists even OA queen also have. Good luck in your search.:)

b&j
24-03-09, 12:15
well..tat will depends on the unit...high floor units are gg at high $7xx, lower floors gg at low $7xx...

aiya
24-03-09, 23:12
well..tat will depends on the unit...high floor units are gg at high $7xx, lower floors gg at low $7xx...

thanks for the answer... b&j and property_owner:)

just another quick question. i've read debates/discussions on seaview, esta and now one amber but all along, no one commented on Vertis!? is there a reason for this? :scared-2:

b&j
25-03-09, 08:59
thanks for the answer... b&j and property_owner:)

just another quick question. i've read debates/discussions on seaview, esta and now one amber but all along, no one commented on Vertis!? is there a reason for this? :scared-2:
I guess the reason is becos Vertis is a small property. Not a lot of people are discussing about it. In fact I tink it is more like an apartment than a condo. I went down during the launch of Vertis, looks alright, just that I prefer bigger properties.

Property_Owner
25-03-09, 09:53
I guess the reason is becos Vertis is a small property. Not a lot of people are discussing about it. In fact I tink it is more like an apartment than a condo. I went down during the launch of Vertis, looks alright, just that I prefer bigger properties.

Agree, Vertis only Apartment status. Can't use the word condo for this. Please note, don't let agents misled you. Be safe.:)

aiya
25-03-09, 13:54
Agree, Vertis only Apartment status. Can't use the word condo for this. Please note, don't let agents misled you. Be safe.:)

noted with thanks... b&j and property_owner :D

b&j
27-03-09, 11:10
Anyone knows how much we have to pay per month for a 3+1 unit in OA?

East Lover
27-03-09, 15:23
Finally got time to make some call today. surprised me, all the agents told me that the OA price picked up recently, no more 7xxpsf (eventhough they still ad like that), min $850psf for low floor, no view unit!

Market really pickup? so fast???

WolleyDragon
27-03-09, 18:54
Finally got time to make some call today. surprised me, all the agents told me that the OA price picked up recently, no more 7xxpsf (eventhough they still ad like that), min $850psf for low floor, no view unit!

I already give up looking at OA already (with the fked up prices).. most prob thinking of HDB right now.. with the extra cash, can invest in stocks..

gfoo
27-03-09, 22:46

As long as owners feel that there is no hurry to sell, threshold prices will go back to status quo to an extent. The recent bear market rally and corresponding STI increases in the past few weeks contribute to this confidence. And as you might already feel, things still seem to be picking up, or at least maintain normalcy, esp in the shopping malls etc. Even ridiculous projects priced ridiculously in the suburbs are selling well.

The decision and bet one has to determine is if this is truly a bear market rally, or has all that paper fiat injected into the system worldwide working its way through the wood onto mainstreet. Property remains a favorite inflation hedge esp with woozy, manipulated stock markets and dodgy balance sheets 'marked to market'. With nothing else to invest in, some are going back to property. I am seeing preparations for new international property brokers representing funds setting up shop here.

then again, it could also be really just a bear market rally

jc
28-03-09, 01:05
No problem at all. Just went to view RG last weekend, friend of mine collected key. So nice feeling there. Now my mind start to wonder too whether to exercise the option of not. Haha

RG is of a different league liao :) Big land space, square/ rectangular layout. Full facilities. But beyond my budget.... Haiz... Anyway, i nearly commit to OA then but last min change mind due to the layout.

blueangel71
28-03-09, 17:27
I already give up looking at OA already (with the fked up prices).. most prob thinking of HDB right now.. with the extra cash, can invest in stocks..

My guess is that it has not hit the bottom, we are now in 4th quarter of the decline. Usually it lasts 8-10 quarters before the rebound based on the last Financial Crisis (97-98) and longer if you're referring to 911 and the SARS period.

East Lover
30-03-09, 09:22
RG is of a different league liao :) Big land space, square/ rectangular layout. Full facilities. But beyond my budget.... Haiz... Anyway, i nearly commit to OA then but last min change mind due to the layout.
True. the so called 'unique' layout is a killer in OA. If you believe feng shui, you have to do a lot of things (& $$$) to overcome the problem.

It's never be good to have a inregular layout.

East Lover
30-03-09, 09:23
My guess is that it has not hit the bottom, we are now in 4th quarter of the decline. Usually it lasts 8-10 quarters before the rebound based on the last Financial Crisis (97-98) and longer if you're referring to 911 and the SARS period.
Agreed. SARS happened on 2003, the property price really botton on 2005.

So mayby this time it will be around end of 2009 or 2010?

b&j
30-03-09, 10:18
An agent told me that OA units are almost running out of stock. Premium stacks are v attractive now and they are not gg for 8xx psf anymore. I think property is picking up a little. Some are willing to pay a premium for those stacks.

b&j
30-03-09, 10:27

Same thing those agents told me.....Low floor is now selling at $8xx psf....Mid floor and above selling at $9xx psf.....I think I should grab one before it goes even higher....

nochoice
30-03-09, 10:36
True, the 2 bedder all gd stack are asking 900psf and above, and 3 bedder no more 7xxpsf, all asking 800 and above, thought we are in recession......

East Lover
30-03-09, 11:11
Same thing those agents told me.....Low floor is now selling at $8xx psf....Mid floor and above selling at $9xx psf.....I think I should grab one before it goes even higher....
better hold on... such project not worthy >800. some agent told me that the owner has several units... are you sure he can secure loan? why not wait till end of 2009 for fire sales?

STI is dropping down now...

Property_Owner
30-03-09, 11:41
better hold on... such project not worthy >800. some agent told me that the owner has several units... are you sure he can secure loan? why not wait till end of 2009 for fire sales?

Interesting. ST which day didn't drop? You mean Stock everyday rise without fail?

b&j
30-03-09, 11:42

I am looking for 3 bedder own stay unit. Very interested in Stack 27. Pool view unit. End 09 will be OA TOP, by then, prices might go even higher. I think for OA, maybe its a good time to buy now. :scared-5:

b&j
30-03-09, 11:46
JC, what does RG stands for?

Sean.G
30-03-09, 11:48
I really find it wierd. If even our great SM Lee is saying we have to stay united and weather the worst storm since 1998, how come ppl still can believe property market is buoyant?

America almost went through another depression and with Sing being so closely pegged to the US market can we be possibly doing well since US is very close to being in depression?

Signals are so mixed. Earlier on I kept believing that Esta price will fall but actually got 4 bedders being sold at 900+psf. Now OA price also rocketing again. Where is the sense? Where is the money coming from? Who are the ppl buying high in a slow economy?

Looks like D15 is really a tough hunting ground. But i will peservere on to find a good deal. Now though, signs are not promising...and very CONFUSING.

huck58
30-03-09, 11:50
Agreed. I think we have to buy now. Agents all saying prices going to go back up.

RG = Rivergate.

b&j
30-03-09, 11:53
I really find it wierd. If even our great SM Lee is saying we have to stay united and weather the worst storm since 1998, how come ppl still can believe property market is buoyant?

America almost went through another depression and with Sing being so closely pegged to the US market can we be possibly doing well since US is very close to being in depression?

Signals are so mixed. Earlier on I kept believing that Esta price will fall but actually got 4 bedders being sold at 900+psf. Now OA price also rocketing again. Where is the sense? Where is the money coming from? Who are the ppl buying high in a slow economy?

Looks like D15 is really a tough hunting ground. But i will peservere on to find a good deal. Now though, signs are not promising...and very CONFUSING.

Hi Sean,
Agree with you. OA price is rocketing now. D15 not v affected by crisis.

b&j
30-03-09, 11:55
Agreed. I think we have to buy now. Agents all saying prices going to go back up.

RG = Rivergate.

Yup. I will be calling up agents this few days. Gd luck to u too!!!:)

Property_Owner
30-03-09, 12:03
Yup. I will be calling up agents this few days. Gd luck to u too!!!:)

Good luck to you. Stack 27 to what the agent told me it's super hard to get now. Hope you can find one. All the best:)