PDA

View Full Version : executive condo - pros & cons

david8387
19-05-09, 09:58
Hi All, would appreciate all info input concerning EC vs Condo, thanks.

We understand the restriction of sub sale when reach 5yrs old (only to local buyer) and 10 yrs (open to foreigner) and according to the agent only after 10yrs of age it is no different from like a normal condo.

What is the comparsion btw Windermere & Yew Mei Green in Yew Tee area?

Cheers.

peterng8
19-05-09, 10:05

We understand the restriction of sub sale when reach 5yrs old (only to local buyer) and 10 yrs (open to foreigner) and according to the agent only after 10yrs of age it is no different from like a normal condo.

Cheers.

----------------
David, windermere has less units and the maintenance fee is higher, Yew mei green has more unit maintenenace fee for a 3 room is less than S$200 I heard, amenities wise it has underground car park but it is nearer to the railway track than windermere which is also slightly older in age but bigger in unit per size I think...

harvard
31-03-10, 11:43
Windermere's unit are all relatively big, smallest is 1281sqft if i'm not wrong. Layout is squarish and minimum wastage. Mine is 1453sqft, no corridor in the house, big rooms and kitchen (which i don't need actually).

Have stayed in windermere for almost 2 years. value for money as i bot it before prices picked up. Very spacious and comfortable. But mine has afternoon sun. The other unit I saw has no afternoon sun but railway track is visible from the bedroom window!

If you commute by public transport, windermere is slightly nearer to mrt and you can cut through the hdb blocks, sheltered from rain/sun. Yew Mei Green is slightly further.

For me, residents made a difference. When I bot windermere, it's still not open to foreigners yet, residents mostly locals. Yew Mei green i see lots of PRC. I am not saying PRC are not nice, just that they tend to form their own clique. And when you have mostly singaporeans, we strike conversation easily. but things are changing now that there are more PR and it's almost 10 years.

Condorich
31-03-10, 11:54
Windermere's unit are all relatively big, smallest is 1281sqft if i'm not wrong. Layout is squarish and minimum wastage. Mine is 1453sqft, no corridor in the house, big rooms and kitchen (which i don't need actually).

Have stayed in windermere for almost 2 years. value for money as i bot it before prices picked up. Very spacious and comfortable. But mine has afternoon sun. The other unit I saw has no afternoon sun but railway track is visible from the bedroom window!

If you commute by public transport, windermere is slightly nearer to mrt and you can cut through the hdb blocks, sheltered from rain/sun. Yew Mei Green is slightly further.

For me, residents made a difference. When I bot windermere, it's still not open to foreigners yet, residents mostly locals. Yew Mei green i see lots of PRC. I am not saying PRC are not nice, just that they tend to form their own clique. And when you have mostly singaporeans, we strike conversation easily. but things are changing now that there are more PR and it's almost 10 years.

rare and good post. :)

proud owner
31-03-10, 12:01

Cheers.

windermere may not have landscaping like yew mei green .. but its layout is damn good ... squarish ... 1281 sqft 3 +1 , 2.5 baths ... very good ...

yew mei has odd shape layout .. either living or bedroom or even toilet NOT 4 sided ... if you know what i mean ...

TCM once filmed an episode of Zoe Tay there .. cos the pool is nice ..

some unit has unblock view as far as JB .. can ever see JB fireworks ..