PDA

View Full Version : Palm Gardens - how much is fair?

repanse71
11-05-09, 09:38
Hi all

Went to view a few 3 bedroom units. Many still asking for ~500psf, some even higher citing high floor. Last month's lowest caveat was 431psf.

But is it really worth that much considering it's 10 yrs old leasehold condo?
I am considering it so as to be near my family. Wait till it falls to 400psf, IMHO a more reasonable price? Or should just buy Mi Casa.

regards

proud owner
11-05-09, 09:40
Hi all

Went to view a few 3 bedroom units. Many still asking for ~500psf, some even higher citing high floor. Last month's lowest caveat was 431psf.

But is it really worth that much considering it's 10 yrs old leasehold condo?
I am considering it so as to be near my family. Wait till it falls to 400psf, IMHO a more reasonable price? Or should just buy Mi Casa.

regards

if 450-500 psf is expensive ... how is Mi casa more worth it ????

Acer
11-05-09, 09:57
nobody can decide for you.
do your homework lor..

There is no such thing as lowest price.
Is base on whether you lucki or not..

Just my 2cents of advise

wreckwrx
11-05-09, 11:32
A good check is to approach a bank to get an indicative value... at least at the very bare minimum, you have an idea whether the bank is willing to match the asking price. Saves you the hassle of having to pull out of the deal later when you realised that bank is not willing to finance the purchase...

My two :2cents: is that condos in CCK area kena infected by the Mi Casa fever.... suggest you wait it out because once the fever subside, the sellers will be more realistic in their asking... unless you really need a place urgently.

repanse71
11-05-09, 11:54
Thanks to all. I will wait it out.

Regards

A good check is to approach a bank to get an indicative value... at least at the very bare minimum, you have an idea whether the bank is willing to match the asking price. Saves you the hassle of having to pull out of the deal later when you realised that bank is not willing to finance the purchase...

My two :2cents: is that condos in CCK area kena infected by the Mi Casa fever.... suggest you wait it out because once the fever subside, the sellers will be more realistic in their asking... unless you really need a place urgently.

proud owner
11-05-09, 13:20
Thanks to all. I will wait it out.

Regards

if you canm even consider Palm garden ..why not consider those 99 yr condos at Yew Tee area ? also walking distance to MRT ...

repanse71
11-05-09, 14:11
Hi

1. Palm Gardens is 5 min walk to family HDB. Minimize commute for old folks.
2. Between P Garden and Northvale, P Garden better maintained. Yew Tee side too far.
3. No immediate occupany required, but need stay till 2017. Considering resale value, so thinking of Mi Casa.

Regards

if you canm even consider Palm garden ..why not consider those 99 yr condos at Yew Tee area ? also walking distance to MRT ...

Condorich
11-05-09, 21:58

My views on what is hapening right now are

i) those older Condo owners cashing out.... then either camp out at HDB while they wait for Mi Casa to TOP (if they are hoping to get them lower than Developer Price) if not.. they either have booked a suitable unit or will book a unit once their units are sold.

ii) Many HDB units at CCK also for sale... some of these will spill over to older condo and Mi Casa...

Give the owners some time and check out the transactions at D23 6 months later...

wreckwrx
12-05-09, 00:12
Hi

1. Palm Gardens is 5 min walk to family HDB. Minimize commute for old folks.
2. Between P Garden and Northvale, P Garden better maintained. Yew Tee side too far.
3. No immediate occupany required, but need stay till 2017. Considering resale value, so thinking of Mi Casa.

Regards

If resale value is a consideration, then Palm Garden is a gonna be iffy... especially when Mi Casa TOP...

repanse71
12-05-09, 10:01
If resale value is a consideration, then Palm Garden is a gonna be iffy... especially when Mi Casa TOP...

Yes, definitely. When Mi Casa TOP, Palm Gardens will be almost 13 year.
But, there's still some who's paid >500psf. Dunno what gave them the confidence.

Regards

proud owner
12-05-09, 10:14
Yes, definitely. When Mi Casa TOP, Palm Gardens will be almost 13 year.
But, there's still some who's paid >500psf. Dunno what gave them the confidence.

Regards

cos they have been eyeing it for a while .. they probably liked it ..but missed it long ago .. now that its lower than what they would have paid before ..so they just buy ...

repanse71
12-05-09, 11:46
I must admit. Quite a nice place really.

regards

cos they have been eyeing it for a while .. they probably liked it ..but missed it long ago .. now that its lower than what they would have paid before ..so they just buy ...

beverly
12-05-09, 22:30
I must admit. Quite a nice place really.

regards

Coincidentally, I went to view a penthouse on the 16th floor at Palm Garden yesterday, owner asking for 480 psf for the duplex 4 bedder. The estate is very well maintained to my surprise - and comes with a private lift too.
There's a bowling alley, mini mart and salon within the compound. Clean and well maintained . The penthouse I viewed was also well maintained and was rented out to expats .. in fact i think the PH at palm gardens are all rented out to expats. Price wise- I dun think it is realistic. Dun think there are any future developments at Hong San area too, but if you are buying purely for staying should be ok .. 10 mins walk to Lot one. As for Mi Casa, I face that plot of land every day, and I think due to the high pricing of Mi Casa, many spill over to Warren, North Vale Yew Tee Residences etc .