PDA

View Full Version : Is Balestier worth $850 psf?

miya
04-05-09, 15:43
I like the area because it's near town. There are also a lot of good fnb options nearby. But there are a lot of motels in the area. Iwas told a couple of year ago, new projects were sold at only 600 psf. Many resale aota in the area are selling for 600 plus psf. So isn't 800 to 850 too expensive pike nova or the arte?

proud owner
04-05-09, 15:47
I like the area because it's near town. There are also a lot of good fnb options nearby. But there are a lot of motels in the area. Iwas told a couple of year ago, new projects were sold at only 600 psf. Many resale aota in the area are selling for 600 plus psf. So isn't 800 to 850 too expensive pike nova or the arte?

good question

those who love it will say that ARTE is thomson road ..not balestier .. despite the fact that they are near each other ...

just like ... those FH condos along geylang ..near to korean school, paya lebar MRT ... prices still cheap ...

people dont like it becos near 'animal farm' ..

yet ARTE is FAR FAR away from Balestier's 'animal farm' ...

strange

tericia
04-05-09, 16:16
hi, like to clarify what 'animal farm' means. Thanks

HCL
04-05-09, 16:49
Rather than looking at the price few years ago, a better benchmark will be the current property prices in other areas. In those old days, Novena areas was around $900 - $1100 psf and now is $1100 - $1300 for new projects. Balestier areas was $600 - $800 psf before and the current price range is around $800 - $1000. Other mass market new projects are $150 - $200 psf more than 5 years ago... so there is no premium price in Balestier or The Arte but a reflection of currently property price market.

Another benchmark will be the HDB price. Look at the HDB price + $150 - $200 will be 99 years LH condo price. For FH project, just add another $100 - $200 psf from 99 LH condo

miya
04-05-09, 22:03
So what you are saying is that it's normal appreciation of land price? But shouldn't prices be depressed in this Market?
Is it more worth it buying a resale FH condo that's cheaper?

Property_Owner
04-05-09, 22:18
So what you are saying is that it's normal appreciation of land price? But shouldn't prices be depressed in this Market?
Is it more worth it buying a resale FH condo that's cheaper?

Make it this way. Why developer need to launch Arte at below 800psf since Caspian, Micasa, livia launch at 6xxpsf and hmm...wat's the one at hougang tat launch at 850psf.

orange
04-05-09, 22:22
What's "fnb options"? Fxxx and Blow? :D Balestier is ok area lah. Quaint. If only govt would remake the area....

Allthepies
04-05-09, 22:57
few reasons i can think of why condo price keep rising is

1) Land price keep rising
2) HDB (house is a necessity) price keep rising partially maintained by government policy
3) Singaporeans are very rich

kgchong
04-05-09, 23:06
few reasons i can think of why condo price keep rising is

1) Land price keep rising
2) HDB (house is a necessity) price keep rising partially maintained by government policy
3) Singaporeans are very rich

agree on item 3]... :) :) :)

so many ppl start buying at this time....

miya
04-05-09, 23:21
What's "fnb options"? Fxxx and Blow? :D Balestier is ok area lah. Quaint. If only govt would remake the area....

haha of course.. Food and Bev. Although some find it complicated, I like it. It's like a mini Hong Kong, quite unlike Singapore. You get a lot of old, but quality food establishments here.

miya
04-05-09, 23:22
Make it this way. Why developer need to launch Arte at below 800psf since Caspian, Micasa, livia launch at 6xxpsf and hmm...wat's the one at hougang tat launch at 850psf.

I thought the Arte was launched at over $800? At least, that's what my friend told me.

Caspian and Micasa a little too far from town. There's still a lot of space in CCK and Jurong. Hougang? I'm not sure... I know The Quartz was doing $650 psf in the good old days.

miya
04-05-09, 23:24

I think poultry farm to be exact. Just kidding! :)

blueb
04-05-09, 23:26
Rather than looking at the price few years ago, a better benchmark will be the current property prices in other areas. In those old days, Novena areas was around $900 - $1100 psf and now is $1100 - $1300 for new projects. Balestier areas was $600 - $800 psf before and the current price range is around $800 - $1000. Other mass market new projects are $150 - $200 psf more than 5 years ago... so there is no premium price in Balestier or The Arte but a reflection of currently property price market.

Well said, HCL. I agree. The Mezzo, for example is asking approx $840 psf (depending on level of unit) whereas a friend bought the Park Infinia for $850 psf a few years back. So yes, prices are still higher than 5 years ago.

Regulators
04-05-09, 23:31
why can't belastier be worth 1k psf when hillview condos n upper bt timah condos are already selling for mre than 1k psf? Belastier also near town.

Property_Owner
04-05-09, 23:36
I thought the Arte was launched at over $800? At least, that's what my friend told me.

Caspian and Micasa a little too far from town. There's still a lot of space in CCK and Jurong. Hougang? I'm not sure... I know The Quartz was doing $650 psf in the good old days.

Arte on average 880psf. I mean why developer need to launch below 800 since those in jurong and simei launch at 6xxpsf:)

Regulators
04-05-09, 23:41
u did not read carefully. Why wud Arte launch at 880psf when Hillview condo (Hillvista) and Park Natura alng Old Jurong Rd sold at MORE THAN 1000PSF?
Arte on average 880psf. I mean why developer need to launch below 800 since those in jurong and simei launch at 6xxpsf:)

Property_Owner
04-05-09, 23:45
u did not read carefully. Why wud Arte launch at 880psf when Hillview condo (Hillvista) and Park Natura alng Old Jurong Rd sold at MORE THAN 1000PSF?

So you mean Arte should be launch above 1k?

Regulators
04-05-09, 23:51
wat i mean is if ulu upper bt timah condos can sell at 1k psf and more in these times, i dont see why thomson or belastier cannot sell at similar or higher psf. Hillvista was advertised last wk at 990psf up n many units sold at 1kpsf for park natura so i dont understand why people are kicking such a big fuss over 9xx to 1k psf ptys in belastier.
So you mean Arte should be launch above 1k?

Regulators
04-05-09, 23:54
belastier will sooner or later be classified as prime in singapore n it wont take a decade to see the place like anthr novena

gfoo
05-05-09, 00:12
You should shortlist all the localities similar in pricing to balestier, then take a drive through them - some give u a great feeling, some don't.

Balestier is a poor cousin to joo chiat. The conservation status of both mean that wysiwyg for the foreseeable future wo devt potential. The traffic and 'messiness' of the area will remain. If you like that, and the great food that comes along wif em, then go for it.

For the same amount, i would start looking at potentially 'undervalued' areas w huge redevelopment potential - e.g southbank

Regulators
05-05-09, 00:22
i dont think price of southbank has correctd much n 99yr dnt appeal to me. I knw it is in gov plan to transform kallang so guillemard wud sound like a gd area.

HCL
05-05-09, 10:44
why can't belastier be worth 1k psf when hillview condos n upper bt timah condos are already selling for mre than 1k psf? Belastier also near town.
What I understand few new developments in upper bt timah and bt timah projects are NOT selling well. e.g. Hillvista and Floridian are asking D11 pricing. Floridian even asking S$1300 psf in 2H 2008. The developers, tried to project D21 as another Holland Road and whether buyers buy this it is another thing. This is a supply and demand game, and price will automatic adjusted in mid / long term.

Regulators
05-05-09, 12:10
how do u explain park natura which was selling quite well during launch at 1kpsf?
What I understand few new developments in upper bt timah and bt timah projects are NOT selling well. e.g. Hillvista and Floridian are asking D11 pricing. Floridian even asking S$1300 psf in 2H 2008. The developers, tried to project D21 as another Holland Road and whether buyers buy this it is another thing. This is a supply and demand game, and price will automatic adjusted in mid / long term.

8kenshin
05-05-09, 13:41
You should shortlist all the localities similar in pricing to balestier, then take a drive through them - some give u a great feeling, some don't.

Balestier is a poor cousin to joo chiat. The conservation status of both mean that wysiwyg for the foreseeable future wo devt potential. The traffic and 'messiness' of the area will remain. If you like that, and the great food that comes along wif em, then go for it.

For the same amount, i would start looking at potentially 'undervalued' areas w huge redevelopment potential - e.g southbank

Wise advice. I stayed in Balestier more than 10 years ago, and thought that it one day too would be "gentrified". However, the place has changed very little over the years.

As a point I find facsinating, when I stayed on Mandalay Road people used to praise me for having such a prime address. Later I moved over the other side of the Road, and suddenly the commenst were either 'sleazy place', "lotta fights" or "Oh, good food". Any my first place was actually closer to the road itself than the second!!!!

To paraphase a more famous saying, district is what you pay for, but location is what you get. Or in other words, there are bad locations in good districts, and good loactions in bad districts.

HCL
05-05-09, 14:04
how do u explain park natura which was selling quite well during launch at 1kpsf?
If I can recall that Park Natura was launch during property peak time around $1K - $1.1K psf. Hillvista was launch much later and the price was $100+ psf more than Park Natura during launch. The take up rate was quite low compare with Park Natura as people felt with similar price, it can pick a better location. In late 2007 / early 2008, some of the projects in Balestier was about $1200+ psf and was fully sold. e.g. Pannacle 16.

Regulators
05-05-09, 14:26
so balestier is in a better location than hillvista, jardin, park natura when comparing amenities (park natura only has 1 nature park n 1 petrol kiosk opp, that is all) and proximity to town so that justifies my point that balestier condos deserves higher than 900psf at least. It makes very little sense to tell me that condos in the central ie RCR or CCR dont deserve 850psf when condos in the suburbs can sell for 1kpsf.
If I can recall that Park Natura was launch during property peak time around $1K - $1.1K psf. Hillvista was launch much later and the price was $100+ psf more than Park Natura during launch. The take up rate was quite low compare with Park Natura as people felt with similar price, it can pick a better location. In late 2007 / early 2008, some of the projects in Balestier was about $1200+ psf and was fully sold. e.g. Pannacle 16.

HCL
05-05-09, 15:04
so balestier is in a better location than hillvista, jardin, park natura when comparing amenities (park natura only has 1 nature park n 1 petrol kiosk opp, that is all) and proximity to town so that justifies my point that balestier condos deserves higher than 900psf at least. It makes very little sense to tell me that condos in the central ie RCR or CCR dont deserve 850psf when condos in the suburbs can sell for 1kpsf.
Yes, I agree with you. If you compare The Arte (full condo facilities) with other D21 projects and Nature Park, it is a reasonable price. That is why The Arte is selling well!

franzmark
05-05-09, 16:05
But ironically there are some nutheads in this forum who say D12 priced at 800psf is expensive and 700 or 800psf in jurong is okay....

Yes, I agree with you. If you compare The Arte (full condo facilities) with other D21 projects and Nature Park, it is a reasonable price. That is why The Arte is selling well!

franzmark
05-05-09, 16:10
I 100% agree with you that if condos in the OCR can be priced at 1000psf, why should condos in the central be pulled down to below 900psf? The whole load of condos in upper bt timah like nexus, mapplewood, floridian, garden vista, hillvista, etc are selling at 1k psf, so why should belastier be worse off in terms of location and amenities? I think this thread should be titled "It is time belastier be priced above 1000psf"

proud owner
05-05-09, 16:21
I 100% agree with you that if condos in the OCR can be priced at 1000psf, why should condos in the central be pulled down to below 900psf? The whole load of condos in upper bt timah like nexus, mapplewood, floridian, garden vista, hillvista, etc are selling at 1k psf, so why should belastier be worse off in terms of location and amenities? I think this thread should be titled "It is time belastier be priced above 1000psf"

those in Bkt timah are expensive beocs of the SCHOOLS ..havent we all acknowledged it all these years ?

if i get voted into PAP .. i will propose to move the so call good schools to balestier and move the shops, eateries, and what have you to Bkt Timah ...

gfoo
05-05-09, 16:53
those in Bkt timah are expensive beocs of the SCHOOLS ..havent we all acknowledged it all these years ?

if i get voted into PAP .. i will propose to move the so call good schools to balestier and move the shops, eateries, and what have you to Bkt Timah ...

lol. true. Bt Timah has been gentrified for so long that although it's far away from town etc, there are exclusive enclaves built around communities. There are clubhouses, restaurants etc etc, not to mention the independent schools.

But even so, balestier is far superior to the bendemeer/boon keng/mar thoma area. That is one of the many areas talked up by developers to let it appear more than it really is. It ain't much but at least Balestier has established eateries, some sort of shopping/cinema, and a pet cafe. At least it'll be easy when shopping for lights and tiles. Even better when you have a visiting mistress.

jonleelk
05-05-09, 17:41
But ironically there are some nutheads in this forum who say D12 priced at 800psf is expensive and 700 or 800psf in jurong is okay....

IMHO...D12 and D21 currently should be avg 850 psf, Jurong/CCK 600 psf. That's why Arte and Caspian selling well, Mi Casa so so, Hillvista/Jardin/Floridian not.

FEO has a new development just next to Arte, supposed to be selling 900psf up. I doubt that will sell as well as Arte.

jitkiat
05-05-09, 17:51
IMHO...D12 and D21 currently should be avg 850 psf, Jurong/CCK 650 psf. That's why Arte and Caspian selling well, Mi Casa so so, Hillvista/Jardin/Floridian not.

FEO has a new development just next to Arte, supposed to be selling 900psf up. I doubt that will sell as well as Arte.
Agree. Mass market condos in the East like Kovan, Bedok Reservoir, Tanah Merah, Simei, Pasir Ris all are selling about 650psf as well. Basically buyers are too eager to buy Caspian@580psf & Alexis@850psf, resulting in all developers setting their prices using these 2 projects as references

mezz72sg
05-05-09, 23:13
so many praising balestier and i wonder why. :doh:

pls go drive through that road during peak hours and see and feel for yourselves.

2 lanes nia in each direction with so many left and right turns on the 2 lanes, not to mention all the traffic lights along the way. somemore got to fight with buses and those that anyhow park.

good luck man on your way to and fro work!

franzmark
05-05-09, 23:43
roads is just one aspect of an area. if talking about roads, nothing is worse than orchard road, but nobody will complain that 2000psf is expensive for orchard or cairnhill, right?

so many praising balestier and i wonder why. :doh:

pls go drive through that road during peak hours and see and feel for yourselves.

2 lanes nia in each direction with so many left and right turns on the 2 lanes, not to mention all the traffic lights along the way. somemore got to fight with buses and those that anyhow park.

good luck man on your way to and fro work!

franzmark
05-05-09, 23:46
I think all developers marketing central condos should use Hillvista in amenitiless hillview as a reference as the later is marketing at $990psf and above in the meantime....

Agree. Mass market condos in the East like Kovan, Bedok Reservoir, Tanah Merah, Simei, Pasir Ris all are selling about 650psf as well. Basically buyers are too eager to buy Caspian@580psf & Alexis@850psf, resulting in all developers setting their prices using these 2 projects as references

orange
06-05-09, 01:28
Bukit Timah/Holland and Balestier are apples and oranges. Other than elite schools, people pay for Bkt/Holland because of the low-rise factor, respectable neighbours as well as sprawling spaces. Balestier is too tightly packed and lousy people working/living

orange
06-05-09, 01:32
Property is not just about proximity to urban spaces. Are apartments in Westwood and Beverly Hills cheaper than downtown LA?

Regulators
06-05-09, 02:27
wow, wat a bold statement to make. There are lousy n good people everywhere. Some of the worst people are not the blue collar or poor people roaming around the streets, but those trashy half past six pseudorich who live in neither here nor there condos in bt timah n holland area. Btw holland village (the heart of the activity) is surrounded by hdb flats n hdb folks n they will definitely not be any "high class" in ur definition.
Bukit Timah/Holland and Balestier are apples and oranges. Other than elite schools, people pay for Bkt/Holland because of the low-rise factor, respectable neighbours as well as sprawling spaces. Balestier is too tightly packed and lousy people working/living

franzmark
06-05-09, 05:33
Anyway who ever said holland area is class. The recent news of the lunatic couple who walked around naked in holland area comes to show the kind of people who go to and visit holland village.

wow, wat a bold statement to make. There are lousy n good people everywhere. Some of the worst people are not the blue collar or poor people roaming around the streets, but those trashy half past six pseudorich who live in neither here nor there condos in bt timah n holland area. Btw holland village (the heart of the activity) is surrounded by hdb flats n hdb folks n they will definitely not be any "high class" in ur definition.

orange
06-05-09, 21:41
whatever. it is a fact that bkt/holland people generally better educated, hold better jobs and attended better schools than those living in balestier and boon keng.

franzmark
06-05-09, 22:20
you don't know the demographics of the area so don't come here and talk cock lah....you speak like you have carried out survey for every household and family living in these areas....:doh: :doh: :doh:

whatever. it is a fact that bkt/holland people generally better educated, hold better jobs and attended better schools than those living in balestier and boon keng.

orange
06-05-09, 22:31
I grew up in bkt. of course I know the demographics and the nature of people in the area. For balestier, i'll let the other forumers suan u about that :)

orange
06-05-09, 22:33
Bloody fool trying to convince people that Balestier is superior to Bukit Timah as a residential area? Laugh until balls drop.

Geylang OKT
06-05-09, 22:40

The poster is an avid fan of George Orwell :D

franzmark
06-05-09, 22:41
you are just a generaliser in your comments and hold no substance. you are no god to say what are good and lousy people living in an area and btw the statement you make just shows how silly you are as it simply makes no sense. :doh:

Bloody fool trying to convince people that Balestier is superior to Bukit Timah as a residential area? Laugh until balls drop.

Geylang OKT
06-05-09, 22:41

very the wrong assumption. I am geylang okt, I tink hor... I better helicated then yew hor :D

Geylang OKT
06-05-09, 22:42
I would say that Balestier is an up and cumming area. Much better than the wizened old chickens at bukit timah :D

orange
06-05-09, 22:46
In life, sometimes u have to generalize. Of course there will be exceptions to the norm but those are just that: exceptions. Stereotypes happen because they are true most of the time.

orange
06-05-09, 22:51
Hey okt, u r only an Aussie grad lah. No need to action liao liao. Only students who cannot make it anywhere else resort to Aussie unis. :D Australia, the arsehole of the Western World!

Geylang OKT
06-05-09, 22:55
Hey okt, u r only an Aussie grad lah. No need to action liao liao. Only students who cannot make it anywhere else resort to Aussie unis. :D Australia, the arsehole of the Western World!

Hey orange... I neber even finished high skool. You cum from bukit timah? Lots of homos there :D

franzmark
07-05-09, 00:20
wont be surprised that orange also one of them...:D

Hey orange... I neber even finished high skool. You cum from bukit timah? Lots of homos there :D

orange
07-05-09, 00:32
Oh yeah, i'm so homo that I screwed your mother sister and wife. How about that?

franzmark
07-05-09, 00:42
i think you must be hallucinating coz i don't know you. The true scenario is you probably took your mother, sister and wife to be mine and screwed them in your hallucinatory state. Maybe you can add another pastime to the list of activities of the people living in your area - commiting incest

Oh yeah, i'm so homo that I screwed your mother sister and wife. How about that?

proud owner
07-05-09, 08:48

hey this is not how 'more educated' people behave ...

pls do not make such comments that involves other's family members ..

Regulators
07-05-09, 11:23
He is not educated...:D

hey this is not how 'more educated' people behave ...

pls do not make such comments that involves other's family members ..

KT_Lim
07-05-09, 13:11
please use ur pee size brain to think b4 you speak. talking about generalisation, and sprouting criticism, I think u urself did it in quite colourful terms in various tnreads.

you are just a generaliser in your comments and hold no substance. you are no god to say what are good and lousy people living in an area and btw the statement you make just shows how silly you are as it simply makes no sense. :doh:

Regulators
07-05-09, 15:58
why tell others to use "pee size" brain? U pee with your brain?
please use ur pee size brain to think b4 you speak. talking about generalisation, and sprouting criticism, I think u urself did it in quite colourful terms in various tnreads.

Geylang OKT
07-05-09, 18:44
No fighting in this thread please. Only BDSM, 69 and copulation allowed. :D

KT_Lim
07-05-09, 20:58
people englang no good wat.. wat to do? u MAS or MOE? btw - what's that yellow sprout coming off ur head?

why tell others to use "pee size" brain? U pee with your brain?

golfie
02-06-09, 13:27
I was told that the Gamen has cleaned up Balestier road and have almost cleared all the 'Animal Farms' in that area... could someone living in that area verify this?:beats-me-man:

proud owner
02-06-09, 13:38
I was told that the Gamen has cleaned up Balestier road and have almost cleared all the 'Animal Farms' in that area... could someone living in that area verify this?:beats-me-man:

even if they have cleansed the area ... how convenient is the location really ? walk to NOVENA Station ..quite a distance
drive ? pertual jam ..try turning into any of the lane, its almost impossible , unless you are on the same side of the road ...

Regulators
02-06-09, 14:38
Was wondering how come the garmen has not cleaned up orchard towers of the ah quahs n prostitutes who constantly solicit outside the building? Shouldnt that be a very class area and a place on the international tourist map?:doh: :doh:

golfie
02-06-09, 16:10
Bro! you are abit out of topic...:confused:
We are talking about Balestier... why you talk about Orchard Towers? what you trying to say???:doh:

Was wondering how come the garmen has not cleaned up orchard towers of the ah quahs n prostitutes who constantly solicit outside the building? Shouldnt that be a very class area and a place on the international tourist map?:doh: :doh:

teddybear
02-06-09, 16:13
Wah, if garmen clean up Orchard towers area that area could go up to $4000 x 2 psf! :eek:

shoobie
07-06-09, 14:23
For those bro who is staying around this area, how long do you think it will take to walk from The Arte to Toa Payoh central? Have anyone tried??

tericia
07-06-09, 15:33
when i was considering buying d lotus, i walked and timed the walk to toa payoh mrt. So, you can use this as a guide for the walk from Arte to central. From entrance of d lotus, pass the bridge, cut through to toa payoh central to the mrt station control, 22 mins 48 s.

Am not sure how normal is the pace because when you have a stop watch timing you and you're very conscious of your pace, the pace tends to be a little unnatural. So please do your own research to confirm.

blackswan
07-06-09, 17:38
I have tried. At least 12 - 13 mins not too fast not too slow walk. But the walk is not easy. From the moment you step out of TPY interchange, either need to cross bridge or cross junction. Then walk a distance b4 you reach the bridge. Climb up and down the bridge and you are there.

Me think, since wlk from TPY to The Arte, might as well walk to Novena MRT, originally want to walk via Thomson Road stright down but when I look up I saw the New Home Team twin tower and it looks quite near....so decide to cut through via Irrawady Rd.....walk until sweat all over and after around 14 mins or so, reach the entrance to station at TTSH.

If time allows me, will try to walk from The Arte to Novena MRT via Thomson str dw the next time. Have a feeling it will be shorter in time as its a straight walk.

HCL
07-06-09, 19:28
I have tried. At least 12 - 13 mins not too fast not too slow walk. But the walk is not easy. From the moment you step out of TPY interchange, either need to cross bridge or cross junction. Then walk a distance b4 you reach the bridge. Climb up and down the bridge and you are there.

Me think, since wlk from TPY to The Arte, might as well walk to Novena MRT, originally want to walk via Thomson Road stright down but when I look up I saw the New Home Team twin tower and it looks quite near....so decide to cut through via Irrawady Rd.....walk until sweat all over and after around 14 mins or so, reach the entrance to station at TTSH.

If time allows me, will try to walk from The Arte to Novena MRT via Thomson str dw the next time. Have a feeling it will be shorter in time as its a straight walk.

It's about 15 mins walk to TPY MRT. The agent told me it is around 10 mins but I find it took longer than this. Climbing up and down from the bridge is not that friendly for aging people. I have not tried via Thomson Road but shall be around 20 mins (based on my pace) as there are quite a numbers of road junctions via Thomas Road, therefore, there shall be lot of stopping time crossing the road compare via Irrawady Road, even the distance is longer.

Regulators
07-06-09, 21:56
my point is if u cn find ducks n chickens in orchard n pty px in orchard r nt affectd by that, why shud balestier be priced downwards for having chickens. In fact apart frm orchard towers i always see chickens hanging around outside orchard plaza walkng up to mainly tourists
Bro! you are abit out of topic...:confused:
We are talking about Balestier... why you talk about Orchard Towers? what you trying to say???:doh:

Geylang OKT
07-06-09, 22:19
when i was considering buying d lotus, i walked and timed the walk to toa payoh mrt. So, you can use this as a guide for the walk from Arte to central. From entrance of d lotus, pass the bridge, cut through to toa payoh central to the mrt station control, 22 mins 48 s.

Am not sure how normal is the pace because when you have a stop watch timing you and you're very conscious of your pace, the pace tends to be a little unnatural. So please do your own research to confirm.

The best place to be in Balestier is to be in the vicinity of DeRoyale, Rajah Towers and Papillon. These locations will take you approximately 10 mins to reach Toa Payoh MRT. Forget about Calarasi, Parc Heaven as these are more "Whampoa areas". D'lotus is good in that it is very close to Curtin U. If you choose those Nova 48, 88 etc that boasts a D11 address, you would be better off buying Balestier at D12 prices than a poor D11 address with a hefty price tag :D

Regulators
07-06-09, 22:47
just wondrng what is so gd bout being 10min frm toa payoh mrt? Proj along jalan rajah like the verve n the likes of it r a goner. The whole stretch is too cngested n if i m nt wrng, sme units at verve were selling at mre than 1kpsf last yr.
The best place to be in Balestier is to be in the vicinity of DeRoyale, Rajah Towers and Papillon. These locations will take you approximately 10 mins to reach Toa Payoh MRT. Forget about Calarasi, Parc Heaven as these are more "Whampoa areas". D'lotus is good in that it is very close to Curtin U. If you choose those Nova 48, 88 etc that boasts a D11 address, you would be better off buying Balestier at D12 prices than a poor D11 address with a hefty price tag :D

magdalene
08-06-09, 09:59

Nova88/48 still consider D12.

Geylang OKT
08-06-09, 10:56
Nova88/48 still consider D12.

You are right. I was thinking more of projects like Mandale Heights, One Akyab, Pastoral View etc :D

HCL
08-06-09, 11:15

Can anyone comment which area is better location in Balestier? There is one end closer to Thomas Road like The Arte and other end near Moulmein Road. I myself prefer those developments closer to Thomas Road but find it many many developments in this area. There is less development in another end, e.g. The Mezzo, but it is near budget hotels and closer to Whampoa HDB estate.

azeoprop
08-06-09, 11:58
Btw, the agent sms me that the mezzo normal units sold out liaoz, left the penthouse only...:cool:

Regulators
08-06-09, 12:17
Thomas Rd? I thnk u mean Thomson Rd. Moulmein rd area mre life than the area where arte is IMO
Can anyone comment which area is better location in Balestier? There is one end closer to Thomas Road like The Arte and other end near Moulmein Road. I myself prefer those developments closer to Thomas Road but find it many many developments in this area. There is less development in another end, e.g. The Mezzo, but it is near budget hotels and closer to Whampoa HDB estate.

HCL
08-06-09, 13:23
Btw, the agent sms me that the mezzo normal units sold out liaoz, left the penthouse only...:cool:

Yes, my agent SMS me too... left 4 penthouses and ground floor (level 7) patio unit

Geylang OKT
10-06-09, 06:55
Balestier at S$850psf only? Cannot.... should be at least S$1000psf minimum. This locale is just as good as Novena :D

Regulators
10-06-09, 06:59
should be novena is not half as good as balestier...lol....balestier is sprouting with *** and life while novena reeks with death :scared-4: with all that hospital and medical centres etc etc...

Balestier at S$850psf only? Cannot.... should be at least S$1000psf minimum. This locale is just as good as Novena :D

HCL
10-06-09, 08:33

There is a great potential of Balestier. URA has come up with Identity Plan in 2002, and gazetted as the Balestier Road Conservation Area in 2003. In 2008, URA publish street block plan for Balestier Road. Government has a plan to transform Balestier area and the question is when! If this is materailzed, the price gap between Novena and Balestier will be narrow.

Allthepies
10-06-09, 08:49
There is a great potential of Balestier. URA has come up with Identity Plan in 2002, and gazetted as the Balestier Road Conservation Area in 2003. In 2008, URA publish street block plan for Balestier Road. Government has a plan to transform Balestier area and the question is when! If this is materailzed, the price gap between Novena and Balestier will be narrow.

government has lots of plans for the whole of Singapore, every parts of Singapore there is a plan to develop it, but the question is when. The only plan that the government put into action very quickly is the IR plan. All others are just plans at the moment :p

qianfugui
10-06-09, 11:14
government has lots of plans for the whole of Singapore, every parts of Singapore there is a plan to develop it, but the question is when. The only plan that the government put into action very quickly is the IR plan. All others are just plans at the moment :p

Any city-fringe FH properties is worth above 800 psf after all new suburban 99 LH is already at 700 - 750 psf. Why ?? Location Location ...nearness to CBD and Orchard ... All well within the CCL NS EW NE line of SMRT and SBSTransit. That's the reason. If you have bought it below $700 psf and a FH property in city fringe you are safe and congratulation. !!!:D :D :D :D

cheerful
10-06-09, 11:55
Any city-fringe FH properties is worth above 800 psf after all new suburban 99 LH is already at 700 - 750 psf. Why ?? Location Location ...nearness to CBD and Orchard ... All well within the CCL NS EW NE line of SMRT and SBSTransit. That's the reason. If you have bought it below $700 psf and a FH property in city fringe you are safe and congratulation. !!!:D :D :D :D

Wahh ... where to find, please enlighten ... < $700 psf + FH + city fringe ...

Regulators
10-06-09, 12:58
also big unit low psf n small unit higher psf. Big units in city fringe on hi flr usually go for 7xx to 8xxpsf averagely n studios n small units between 8xx to 9xxpsf. Quite standard.
Wahh ... where to find, please enlighten ... < $700 psf + FH + city fringe ...

Rysk
10-05-13, 14:04
SCENIC HEIGHTS BALESTIER ROAD Apartment $3,050,000 2,443sf Strata 1,248psf Apr-13

No where to post so post it over here..

No choice.. yet again MR B has requested me to help him to post this "record breaking" psf.. moreover is a BIG penthouse unit which broken its record

teddybear
10-05-13, 20:13
Actually S$1248 psf is very low, considering that TOA PAYOH Sky@Eleven already S$1899 psf!

SCENIC HEIGHTS BALESTIER ROAD Apartment $3,050,000 2,443sf Strata 1,248psf Apr-13

No where to post so post it over here..

No choice.. yet again MR B has requested me to help him to post this "record breaking" psf.. moreover is a BIG penthouse unit which broken its record

Rysk
14-06-13, 16:53
Actually S$1248 psf is very low, considering that TOA PAYOH Sky@Eleven already S$1899 psf!

If you actually go view & compare both.. Scenic Hts & Sky 11.. you will know why..

Moreover the one you mentioned for Sky11 $1899psf is on the very high flr above 36 with fantistic view.. so cant judge by just looking at the psf