PDA

View Full Version : First time home buyers discussion

smilingcxx
25-04-09, 00:33
Hello all,

I am a potential first time home buyer working with a 450k to 650k budget. had been looking at studio units in district 15 and 16 but seems to have been priced out of the market. I was just wondering if there are fellow first timers out there who are looking for properties, i would like to know your views! Would really appreciate if there are some experienced investors who would kindly give some advice to newbies like myself too.

thanks a million!!!

Smilingcxx~:)

Regulators
25-04-09, 01:30
studios usually have higher psfs and also depending on level. For amber rd area, if u cn get anythng with 8xxpsf range n on hi flr, i thnk it is a gd buy.

Condorich
25-04-09, 05:18
Try Caspian... meets ur budget but a little late as all sold out. Check out in the sub sale market. :scared-4:

Autonomy
25-04-09, 09:58
Try Caspian... meets ur budget but a little late as all sold out. Check out in the sub sale market. :scared-4:

But Caspian not in D15/16 leh...

Autonomy
25-04-09, 10:04
Hello all,

I am a potential first time home buyer working with a 450k to 650k budget. had been looking at studio units in district 15 and 16 but seems to have been priced out of the market. I was just wondering if there are fellow first timers out there who are looking for properties, i would like to know your views! Would really appreciate if there are some experienced investors who would kindly give some advice to newbies like myself too.

thanks a million!!!

Do a search and I am sure you will be able to find. A typical studio will range from 4xx to 7xx sq ft. Even at $8xx psf, you will be able to find one that meets your budget.

EBD
25-04-09, 13:36

Caspian is not sold out. Not sure it ever was , and definately not now as units are being returned to developer.

Regulators
25-04-09, 14:58
caspian n the lot of condos in Jurong West a waste of time. One stupid plan to transform jurong lake area n all the stupid hdb upgraders flock in to buy caspian, one kind of stupid sheep mentality

Condorich
25-04-09, 19:31
sorry, not an agent and didn't know if all sold out.. was informed that it is.. check it out yourself.. :ashamed1:

25-04-09, 23:25
caspian n the lot of condos in Jurong West a waste of time. One stupid plan to transform jurong lake area n all the stupid hdb upgraders flock in to buy caspian, one kind of stupid sheep mentality

one man meat is another man poison :cheers1: :cheers1:

smilingcxx
26-04-09, 00:39
studios usually have higher psfs and also depending on level. For amber rd area, if u cn get anythng with 8xxpsf range n on hi flr, i thnk it is a gd buy.

Thanks all. I was actually following one amber and other property prices quite closely, which seemed to have been rising for the past few weeks.

this seems quite strange as today's newspaper just reported a 14% drop in private property prices. Considering that we are in a "one in a generation" recession with our GDP contracting 9% and a pipeline of condo ready to come in the market, it's really hard to imagine a rise in prices....

I also had a question in mind... are properties in good districts better or properties near MRT better in terms of value preservation? :)

Regulators
26-04-09, 02:21
best bet is to go for ptys in the CCR or RCR. the latter has correctd quite a bit so u can cnsider it.
Thanks all. I was actually following one amber and other property prices quite closely, which seemed to have been rising for the past few weeks.

this seems quite strange as today's newspaper just reported a 14% drop in private property prices. Considering that we are in a "one in a generation" recession with our GDP contracting 9% and a pipeline of condo ready to come in the market, it's really hard to imagine a rise in prices....

I also had a question in mind... are properties in good districts better or properties near MRT better in terms of value preservation? :)

26-04-09, 08:35

For me,i would pick properties in good districts..my :2cents: worth of thoughts :cheers1:

orange
26-04-09, 10:49
why not something in a good district and near MRT as well?

hmsg
26-04-09, 11:26
why not something in a good district and near MRT as well?

no money.... based on his budget... can't meet good district AND mrt......... :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

trump7
26-04-09, 11:27

14% drop was result from last quarter. Things are being changed fastly during past 2-3 weeks.

hmsg
26-04-09, 11:29
14% drop was result from last quarter. Things are being changed fastly during past 2-3 weeks.

I thought it was also mentioned separately that this quarter expected 8% drop? following quarter of 3%... so in general will drop somemore............ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

firec
26-04-09, 11:56

i read all your previous posts. seems to me you're an agent fanboy:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/search.php?searchid=31474

since things are moving "fastly", how many units have you bought? better buy "fastly" in case asking prices shoot up to 1500psf due to hyperinflation, as you said.

dragonred
26-04-09, 14:54
Hello all,

thanks a million!!!

D15 has quite a few private condos, some of which may fit your budget & still be accessible to MRTs & bus routes. Look at the condos in the zone between Haig road & Tanjong Katong road, with Dunman road on one side. Less than 10 min walk to Paya Lebar MRT, and direct buses to the city. Proximity to good schools.

trump7
26-04-09, 16:28
I thought it was also mentioned separately that this quarter expected 8% drop? following quarter of 3%... so in general will drop somemore............ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Important thing is that sentiment is on the process of being changed.
If you don`t believe, try to call several agents to ask psf of those famous condos in this market. Owners have already increased their psf compared to 2-3wks ago after STI soared.
One thing is that I am also not so sure whether this sentiment will continuousely rise or maybe suddenly sink again for corrention.

Don`t you know Expectation is not always turning out as reported?

wreckwrx
26-04-09, 16:39
Important thing is that sentiment is on the process of being changed.
If you don`t believe, try to call several agents to ask psf of those famous condos in this market. Owners have already increased their psf compared to 2-3wks ago after STI soared.
One thing is that I am also not so sure whether this sentiment will continuousely rise or maybe suddenly sink again for corrention.

Don`t you know Expectation is not always turning out as reported?

Owners can increase their asking psf all they want but Banks are still conservative in their valuation and very tight in their lending policies... so prospective buyers are walking away from a no. of deals either because the bank reject their loan application or they refuse to top up cash because the bank don't want to match their valuation to the asking price....

trump7
26-04-09, 16:44
i read all your previous posts. seems to me you're an agent fanboy:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/search.php?searchid=31474

since things are moving "fastly", how many units have you bought? better buy "fastly" in case asking prices shoot up to 1500psf due to hyperinflation, as you said.

What do you mean by agent fanboy?? I just presented what I thought at every situation.
I read the newspaper yesterday and realized that quite number of ads for those auctions for paintings and jewellerys.
People started to move their money to real assets because they knows very well how to hedge and protect their money value in the near future, in which money will overflow and its value will become trash.

trump7
26-04-09, 17:00
Owners can increase their asking psf all they want but Banks are still conservative in their valuation and very tight in their lending policies... so prospective buyers are walking away from a no. of deals either because the bank reject their loan application or they refuse to top up cash because the bank don't want to match their valuation to the asking price....

If in this kind of situation, buyer may drop thier expection to find other properties, but I think they will still want to purchase the house, not give up.
As you know as long as there are demands, the prices are either suspending or going up, but never going down.
It is just the matter of which district properties prices will go up first.

You go to those recent show flats in surburb areas and ask what is their psf. I did and quite surprised their psf is quite high compared to those prices in D12 or D11.
The price gap between districts is certainly shrinked compared to before due to bad economy, and the more people knows this, people who wants house in surburb will move to better district and that is how it goes to be risen, then the bank`s policy for loan will be rectified accordingly.

smilingcxx
26-04-09, 20:14
One thing that is in my mind is always the gap between bank valuation and the quoted price by sellers... I am not sure why there is such a gap, someone has to be wrong, or does it work like the text book demand supply equilibirum? Was talking to a bank loan officer last week and he said that bank valuation has been falling every week...

Personally pretty bearish over property prices (hopefully... from a home buyer's perspective, paiseh...). Anyone has any thoughts on property auctions, i notice they have some pretty interesting stuff (e.g. coming the clift in tanjong pagar 507 sqft)? is it worthwhile.

Thanks!!!

firec
27-04-09, 00:00
Oh yes, when I saw STI shot up 1%, I immediately upped my asking price for my 1rm hdb by 100% and there were agents so hungry that they willingly advertised for me. End of sarcasm.

trump7
27-04-09, 21:29
Oh yes, when I saw STI shot up 1%, I immediately upped my asking price for my 1rm hdb by 100% and there were agents so hungry that they willingly advertised for me. End of sarcasm.

Uhm..the more people like you appear in the market, who are not able to retort back with rational data, but only spitting out sarcastic comment, the closer to the point of time which market will revert to past level of price of house.

It`s kind of interesting that history always repeats and rotates without exception.

flying bear
21-05-09, 05:47
Hi All,

I jus wonder if Grd floor unit got any problems selling off later. Based on PSF it is rather cheap (around 10% psf) compare to higher flr. Of course u lose some privacy and also more security issue although in Condo.

Anyone can share ?

Thanks

proud owner
21-05-09, 09:39
Hi All,

I jus wonder if Grd floor unit got any problems selling off later. Based on PSF it is rather cheap (around 10% psf) compare to higher flr. Of course u lose some privacy and also more security issue although in Condo.

Anyone can share ?

Thanks

its cheaper probably also becos some outdoor/unsheltered/unusable space is included in the pricing ..

be prepared to find litters in your compound ..

my friend who lives on the 6th floor which has an walk out terrace ..which is the roof of the living room of the unit on the 5th floor ..

he gets all sorts of things on his outdoor space : school assessment papar , with the name and class of the student, clothe pegs, nails , the ever present cigarette butts, and many many more .. and the most ridiculous was an empty beer bottle ...of course broken

not trying to frighten you ..but it can happen ..unless you erect some form of shelter ...

novel
21-05-09, 17:48

Noticed agents are all stating the market index is up hence the condo price will go up too (personally got such experience when I call for enquiries). But property is not directly linked to shares...it is more linked to bank interest/valuation, govt policies, land allocations (supply vs demand) etc.

When somebody earn from shares e.g. 100K they can immediately buy a car but not possible to change/buy a propery as have to evaluate cash downpayment, cpf, loan installment etc. SO agents stop using stock market to jet up prices, of course if there are any takers willing to buy at higher price than valuation then congrats for getting such customers.

btw, ST index went down today...so am I going to see price reduce immediately? :tongue3:

Begbie
21-05-09, 23:26
Noticed agents are all stating the market index is up hence the condo price will go up too (personally got such experience when I call for enquiries). But property is not directly linked to shares...it is more linked to bank interest/valuation, govt policies, land allocations (supply vs demand) etc.

When somebody earn from shares e.g. 100K they can immediately buy a car but not possible to change/buy a propery as have to evaluate cash downpayment, cpf, loan installment etc. SO agents stop using stock market to jet up prices, of course if there are any takers willing to buy at higher price than valuation then congrats for getting such customers.

btw, ST index went down today...so am I going to see price reduce immediately? :tongue3:

It appears to me that the rallying has caused a sudden spike in asking prices for property prices in Singapore. The same thing also, when i asked the agent, she told me that stock market has recovered and now we're on the upturn...

Ok folks, I am not an economics major or business major, hence let me just paint u a scenario that I presume in my own humble opinion may be happening right now for a potential property investor:

Say i am an investor with S$2 million to spend, where should i put my money?? Is it going to be Stocks or property? Can’t decide now, so what should I do? Next, I start reading the papers, internet etc for info and end up with the following news:

1. Rentals are going 3K for a 2 bedroom unit costing $1.4million at the city fringes. (Propertyguru.com.sg)
2. More Units will TOP at end of year.(URA Website)
3. Half of buyers who bought their properties via the DPS Scheme in 2007 have not gotten the loan for their homes (Business Times)

Nonetheless, some may say that can always buy property for future, they will always appreciate, which I believe is true, but how long should we wait for it to appreciate? 5 yrs? 10 yrs? 20 yrs? Where is the guarantee?

I do not disagree that property will appreciate, but when and by how much is always a question that can never be answered. And of course the property bulls will give reasons like the following:

1) Our IR is coming to Singapore (SOUTH PROJECTS)
2) 4th University is coming (EAST PROJECTS)
3) Future Water Hub is in Seng Kang (NORTH EAST PROJECTS)
4) Financial Hub is in Jurong (WEST PROJECTS)
5) Sports school (NORTH PROJECTS)
6) Expo is in The east (EAST PROJECTS)
7) Future MRTs everywhere. (EVERY F#*@*#& WHERE)
8) Etc etc etc…

No offence bulls, but it looks to me that “EVERY LOCATION” in Singapore are sprouting a reason for prices to increase, and some even claim triple and quadruple jump in prices within the next 10 yrs.
So, thus that means location isn’t important anymore? This implies that every location that I buy also have reason for property price to inflate? Hmm. Yet again this is just pure speculation.

So I am back to square one, what should I do with my money like RIGHT NOW!!!!!

So what I am saying is, if I am a shrewd investor, property isn’t something I should consider at this volatile moment. Every direction is pointing against it.

So how I see it, property prices are only capable of being escalated by investors… NOT genuine home stay purchases. Since investors are not looking to bite, I do not see how it can escalate much further as currently claimed by our property bulls.

Genuine home buyers are price sensitive…unless of course driven by urgency or external factors that is beyond my understanding (i.e. of course some buyers will pay premium prices if they love the place very much, but these people in my opinion forms only a small percentage of the total pool of buyers)

So where do we go from here? Only time will tell… I will put my money aside; CPF locked in my OA and just wait…

Having a nice condo can be nice, but having a peace of mind is more gratifying and fulfilling…..one may also not forget health. In pursuit for material gains, do keep ourselves healthy and happy with our families.

Oh.. last but not least didn't the Japan market just plummetted? I wonder if that has any impact on property too, hence my finishing note to "NOVEL" I am also wondering the same as u are......

I wonder wonder wonder.....

Just my two cents worth… God Bless.

orange
21-05-09, 23:53
there is a theory about investment cycles: bonds, then stocks, then property. after property will be economic bust. then it starts all over again.

orange
21-05-09, 23:56
in the boom-bust cycle, big boys will get out of the stock market after playing it up, distributing to retail players. then they will get into property, play it up, then distribute to small boys like u and I.

orange
21-05-09, 23:59
property boom is always the result of huge profits made from stock market boom. same goes for property bust. that's why the lag of six months to a year.

orange
22-05-09, 00:08
property boom has little to do with real homebuyers demand & supply. likewise, stock mkt boom has nada to do with fundamental analysis. it's musical chairs and woe be to those who dun get off in time.

Begbie
22-05-09, 00:17
property boom is always the result of huge profits made from stock market boom. same goes for property bust. that's why the lag of six months to a year.

If what you're saying is correct, and since current stock prices are still low, we should not see the property boom coming within the next 6 mths are we? Presuming investors are still putting their money aside to invest in the current stock prices..

orange
22-05-09, 00:59
Yes, it is too early to call a property boom. This may be property's last stand this year. I see the bottom in 2010, Tiger year. Seasoned property player will know what I mean.

Regulators
22-05-09, 02:43
the only thing u r seasoned about is talking cock in this forum n getting bonked by ur gay pals in bukit timah. Btw u still have not told us ur progress in setting up a gay community in bt timah. Also remember to attend ur nite school to cmplete ur secondary educatn 1st.
Yes, it is too early to call a property boom. This may be property's last stand this year. I see the bottom in 2010, Tiger year. Seasoned property player will know what I mean.

apple3
22-05-09, 03:05
If what you're saying is correct, and since current stock prices are still low, we should not see the property boom coming within the next 6 mths are we? Presuming investors are still putting their money aside to invest in the current stock prices..

There are not much investors in the counters yet my frn, only punters.
Even FMs are taking corner & short-term.

STI still off 30% from a year back but property isn't. So how can property justify upward trend by STI if downward not justify?

Begbie
22-05-09, 09:06
There are not much investors in the counters yet my frn, only punters.
Even FMs are taking corner & short-term.

STI still off 30% from a year back but property isn't. So how can property justify upward trend by STI if downward not justify?

Right..means to say if sellers can use the up trend of the STI to up their prices, meaning the game can be played on both sides... Tit for tat...

And of course, I did mention "investors putting their money aside"...:)

I fully agree with you now that currently its only the punters are shorting the market for some pocket money...creating volatility in the market...

Condorich
22-05-09, 13:52
There will always be latent demand, demand for self stay... brought upon by new residents and new families. There's a reason why Singapore is attracting more foreigners into Singapore. Creating demand for housing and etc.

However, if you want to park the money somewhere, property may not be the best instrument. Also, I have heard of people who made huge capital gains last year through property sale only to lose 50% or more in stock bets. It is their luck.

When it comes to property, it should generally enjoy capital appreciation due to inflation provided you have the holding power for the Long Term. Even those buyers who lost during 1997 crash may be able to recoup their losses in the recent boom, though not all cases. Whatever it is, I always look back at housing prices 10 to 20 years ago (especially landed FH ones) and wonder why are they sold cheap then, though the prices would be considered high in those days in view of the purchasing power then. Take your bet only when ready after careful consideration. Just like finding a wife who may stay with you for life or divorce before you die. Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Condorich
22-05-09, 13:56
Ok folks, I am not an economics major or business major, hence let me just paint u a scenario that I presume in my own humble opinion may be happening right now for a potential property investor:

Just my two cents worth… God Bless.

I like your post, you must have taken some effort to gather the thoughts.

Begbie
22-05-09, 15:15
I like your post, you must have taken some effort to gather the thoughts.

Long drive from Tuas to Marine Parade going home from work. Effort was made long before it was penned down, so when I got home, it just drizzled out nicely..

Appreciate that you like the post.

wreckwrx
22-05-09, 15:23

You are looking from the buyer's point of view. However have you tried seeing it from the seller's perspective? :rolleyes:

apple3
There will always be latent demand, demand for self stay... brought upon by new residents and new families. There's a reason why Singapore is attracting more foreigners into Singapore. Creating demand for housing and etc.

However, if you want to park the money somewhere, property may not be the best instrument. Also, I have heard of people who made huge capital gains last year through property sale only to lose 50% or more in stock bets. It is their luck.

When it comes to property, it should generally enjoy capital appreciation due to inflation provided you have the holding power for the Long Term. Even those buyers who lost during 1997 crash may be able to recoup their losses in the recent boom, though not all cases. Whatever it is, I always look back at housing prices 10 to 20 years ago (especially landed FH ones) and wonder why are they sold cheap then, though the prices would be considered high in those days in view of the purchasing power then. Take your bet only when ready after careful consideration. Just like finding a wife who may stay with you for life or divorce before you die. Good Luck and Best Wishes!

You talk so much but like nothing. UOB go IPO in my late teen at $1, long term holding? everybody also know.

but I do like your "Just like finding a wife who may stay with you for life or divorce before you die" though.. :p

novel
Hi,

I got this from another forum....and really it is depressing news.

https://app.mti.gov.sg/default.asp?id=148&articleID=18502

https://app.mti.gov.sg/data/article/18502/doc/ESS_1Q_2009_MainInd.pdf

so yah maybe we reach the bottom but I think we will be there for quite some time. And seriously the retrenchment numbers are not true...I personally have friends that will faced retrenchment in late 2Qtr/ Early 3Qtr of this year. They are given the letter already since March so now busy looking for jobs together with those already retrenched.

So tell me, when the market is improving or picking up?

Condorich
22-05-09, 15:52
You talk so much but like nothing. UOB go IPO in my late teen at $1, long term holding? everybody also know.

but I do like your "Just like finding a wife who may stay with you for life or divorce before you die" though.. :p

not a problem, words or wisdom don't need much explanation, they are akin to truths. I supposed your "talk so much but like nothing" would be referring to words of wisdom.

Sometimes they call these kind as "motherhood statements" and not as
motherfxxxxr statements"

:o

Begbie
22-05-09, 17:59
You are looking from the buyer's point of view. However have you tried seeing it from the seller's perspective? :rolleyes:

Dude, I am not even looking from buyer's point of view. It is more towards the angle of "what should i do with my money that I have now? Should I invest in property or NOT...?"

Seller's asking price are an indication of their sentiments about the current property market, and at current situation, their sentiment indicates property upturn.

If a buyer dun agree with the present sentiments as presented by seller, a buyer does not have to agree with its asking price. I recall this is the concept of "willing buyer willing seller".

Hence, my posting was just about the driving forces that may influence the buyer to actually buy a property or not.....

On a separate note, in my opinion, speaking as a buyer who's looking for a place to stay, I don't see why we should see the seller's position... as the factors that will influence me in my purchase are as follows;

Size
Environment
AmenitiesIn summary, the factors that will determine the amount i sign on the cheque is based on individual buyer's preference. So if the buyer knows what he wants, opinion of the seller does not matter.

Last but not least, we still need the seller to market his property to sell for us to be able to purchase. So it does have to work both ways eventually, hence calling for a compromise at both ends...

wreckwrx
22-05-09, 22:11
Hence, my posting was just about the driving forces that may influence the buyer to actually buy a property or not.....

Maybe I am missing the point but if that is not taking the perspective of the buyer, then I really don't what it is..... :confused:

Still, you must have given a lot of thoughts to put together such an editorial... and really thanks for sharing it here with all of us. Kudos mate! :D

gfoo
22-05-09, 23:56
nice post begbie.

I'm going to refine the argument a little more.

You mentioned 'Every location is sprouting a reason for price appreciate'. I see it as every developer is wrapping marketing/PR bullshit around their crap, literally turning shit into gold - and people are falling for it.

The biggest problem today is that people are buying into the bullshit, paying top dollar for traditional localities that would normally never ever fetch the prices we see today, and making themselves feel better by believing the bullshit.

If only people can start waking up and calling a fish a fish, i think things could have been much more sane.

IMHO, there is nothing that justifies the pricing for many properties we see today, not even my own. at the risk of being flamed, i'm going to point out a few glaring localities.

OSM & BH
BH is asking for $850 now, and averaged $750 for 2009. This locality is complicated, arguably one of the worst traffic arrangements islandwide, and is bordered by both the PIE and CTE. Historically, the whole area was industrial, and till today, it can be considered the outskirts of medium industries of Kallang. Locality is traditionally low income HDB dwellers in one of the least maintained historical areas in Singapore.

The other side of Balestier
People, this is nowhere near Novena, and cannot be considered Novena. Cramped areas nestled in between cheap, old housing; lousy traffic; PIE on one side; etc. people have to wake up - it is no where close to even $1000psf that people are asking for. People who bought the Arte are going to be in pain.

Little India and its surroundings
Call it by magnificent names like Leicester. Build great big shopping malls. Do whatever you want, but as long as there is a huge foreign worker population in Singapore that needs to congregate, Little India will always be Little India. They are there to stay, and if you like to live next to them, that's your right and choice. But remember this: recent troubles by employers have caused these migrants to climb on MOM roof and sit-in protests. In bad or worse times - what is there to tie them down and behave?

Pasir Ris:
Imagine: $800psf at the peak, and about $650psf now. Just 5 years ago, this place was $250psf at the most. Boondocks of Singapore with the heavy petrochem industries of johor downwind, bordered by one of the most haunted beaches in Singapore.

Jurong East:
Go look at the masterplan and see what exactly the plans for Jurong are. Juxtapose it with Google Earth. The whole area is a massive hotchpotch, and honestly, seems like political posturing by the govt so as not to forget the masses. The ONLY area that might see appreciation is the immediate lake/chinese garden surrounding area. Until concrete development is underway and actual projects are announced, i would stay away from this area at least till 1 year to completion of the makeover

If you must buy a property today, i say again: buy at 2005 prices or earlier. there is nothing fundamental today that speaks of a recovery - the stock market run is a manipulated last chance for the big boys to cash out.

look for areas that are so obvious in growth potential that it hits you in the face. personally i like Rochester, Marina, and Sentosa areas. Buy a property where you know that the govt is committing billions to spruce up the surroundings; but make sure that construction is already underway and tenders awarded. You do not want another Punggol.

Begbie is right - MRT stations will be everywhere so the old notion of close to MRT = cap appreciation is passe. Just like bus stops of old, MRT entrances will be like in HK - ubiquitous.

It's painful to read some justify expressways, darkies, etc etc. If you chose these places in 2004/2005 and bought at those prices - i say good for you - as things could not been marketed that much out of whack and you bought at fair prices. Citilights was $500psf and Citysquare was $350psf.

If you bought in 2007/2008 - you don't have much options

If you are considering buying them - drive around the locality and have a coffee/smoke for a bit. Find out for yourself if you can picture living at that place. If you say yes, then look at the price. Is it near 2005? if you say no to either - dun comprimise or justify. just move on.

august
23-05-09, 00:24
the only thing u r seasoned about is talking cock in this forum n getting bonked by ur gay pals in bukit timah. Btw u still have not told us ur progress in setting up a gay community in bt timah. Also remember to attend ur nite school to cmplete ur secondary educatn 1st.

u hv some personal grudge against orange ah?? i see u bashing him in almost every thread ~

take it easy rah.. cos it just shows ppl something must hv touched a raw nerve in u :beats-me-man:

Regulators
23-05-09, 01:03
Yeah I am bashing up this kiddo and teaching him a lesson for bringing people's mother into the picture...Go and read some of his vulgar and crude postings....

u hv some personal grudge against orange ah?? i see u bashing him in almost every thread ~

take it easy rah.. cos it just shows ppl something must hv touched a raw nerve in u :beats-me-man:

sabian
23-05-09, 01:42
nice post begbie.

You got that right.

Housing prices have run far ahead of real wage growth. The mismatch will have to be corrected eventually.

Property being a lumpy item will correct slower and rebound slower than stocks.

When the property firms went around raising cash, there were many ways to spin the story for raising cash.

I think they saw the future and it scared the shit out of them. With some holding onto expensive landbanks and the looming supply tsunami in the next 4 years. The logical thing to do is to raise cash for survival. They may need to burn a lot of cash for a while if they cannot move their units/ landbank.

If an enbloc is the furthest thing from their horizon , what recovery is there to talk about? Anyone who thinks recovery is imminent or coming soon must be smoking somethang.

As for seller/ buyer viewpoint, it is just like the stock mkt, if you buy at the wrong price, you either cut your losses or you wait it out (if you can and have the stomach for it).

The mkt only cares about trasacted prices, not what anyone thinks.

Begbie
23-05-09, 08:10
You got that right.

The mkt only cares about trasacted prices, not what anyone thinks.

Couldn't agree more.... Price is the utmost importance... Not opinions nor viewpoints..

Quoting an exaple. Imho we can compare home purchase with the example of buying a car from a second hand car dealer/direct owner. It appears that both these two purchases meets within the same line of reasoning..

Buyer already know what car he/she wants to buy (i.e house; location size etc etc..)
Based on the COE and OMV, he/she knows the maximum price he wants to pay (i.e. house; age, leasehold etc etc)
Based on the age and condition, the extent of how much further south he/she wants to negotiate. (i.e. extend of renovation, move in condition? etc etc)So there is no need to know seller's point of view. The only few things that the buyer needs to know about the sellers are:

Is the seller bankcrupt
Is the seller desperate (i.e. for example this is good knowledge to have...if we do, then we can squeeze even more)
Is the seller selling because the house is a lemon?Other than these three, I dun see if there are anything else we need to see. However, if anyone else can add and further advise in this regard, pls do share...:)

Like I have mentioned earlier, seller's indicative prices are their sentiments towards the property market. So if a buyer does not agree with their sentiments.. it will come to a standstill.. as it is evidently seen in the transacted volume of subsale units (i.e. pls find attached link for reference)

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/suite/0,4545,,00.html?

Begbie
23-05-09, 08:35
nice post begbie.

If you are considering buying them - drive around the locality and have a coffee/smoke for a bit. Find out for yourself if you can picture living at that place. If you say yes, then look at the price. Is it near 2005? if you say no to either - dun comprimise or justify. just move on.

haha.. I'm one of those who's been driving around MANY locations that i am planning to buy.. quote u a few examples

Telok Kurau Lorong G-N
Joo Chiat Terrace
Joo Chiat Place
Simei Rise
Flora drive/flora road area....
Katong
MountbattenCoz my working hours are flexible, i pick the busiest times to to sit down by the road side to observe the traffic conditions of these said places.

Traffic are heavy in all of them during peak periods. Schools are aplenty and u see many parents dropping their kids to school and blocking roads. I do not see why we're paying premium prices for locations itemised 1,2,3,5,6 and 7.

However, I still love staying there.....hehe.. i'm a sucker for these area for I've lived there all my 31 yrs (except for Simei rise which, i am currently pushed to coz I've been priced out of marine parade area, tsk tsk..) and can't believe i'm forced to pay crazy prices for a place that used to be my childhoold playground.... and of course it helps too that my Mum stays close by....

So how? one man's meat is another man's poison.. traffic can be heavy, noisy etc..but if u love the place..u just love it....no one can tell u othewise...

Unless our beloved developers starts poisoning our minds right? but then again.. we do not have weak minds that are easily poisoned are we?

Cactus72
23-05-09, 09:21
nice post begbie.

Call it by magnificent names like Leicester. Build great big shopping malls. Do whatever you want, but as long as there is a huge foreign worker population in Singapore that needs to congregate, Little India will always be Little India. They are there to stay, and if you like to live next to them, that's your right and choice. But remember this: recent troubles by employers have caused these migrants to climb on MOM roof and sit-in protests. In bad or worse times - what is there to tie them down and behave?

I was also considering CitySq a few months ago and actually made a last offer of abt $630psf for a 4 bedrm but the owner rejected. I have no regret as I know how much he paid and not willing to offer more due to its complicated surroundings. In addition to the huge foreign workers, if you drive pass the place at night, you will see many bars, ktv etc around that place. I have no doubt it is near to the city area but didn't quite like the surroundings (as I have a little girl and I worry abt her safety and curious mind), hence not willing to compromise much further.

gfoo
23-05-09, 09:25
I was also considering CitySq a few months ago and actually made a last offer of abt $630psf for a 4 bedrm but the owner rejected. I have no regret as I know how much he paid and not willing to offer more due to its complicated surroundings. In addition to the huge foreign workers, if you drive pass the place at night, you will see many bars, ktv etc around that place. I have no doubt it is near to the city area but didn't quite like the surroundings (as I have a little girl and I worry abt her safety and curious mind), hence not willing to compromise much further.

it's all about price. at launch, citysq was about $350psf i think? all those undesired issues of the area was priced in. so that price is fair.

at $600-800 psf that pple are asking for it now, it's not pricing in the problems.

i'm not slamming localities. i'm just saying that today, price vs problems in that locality is out of whack.

cheerful
23-05-09, 14:26
nice post begbie.

You mentioned 'Every location is sprouting a reason for price appreciate'. I see it as every developer is wrapping marketing/PR bullshit around their crap, literally turning shit into gold - and people are falling for it.

gfoo ... u got a good post too. A pretty good analysis on those few locations .. saw that potential problems after seeing the sites of BH & OSM ... :scared-5:

HungryPillow
23-05-09, 14:45
nice post begbie.

The biggest problem today is that people are buying into the bullshit, paying top dollar for traditional localities that would normally never ever fetch the prices we see today, and making themselves feel better by believing the bullshit.

If only people can start waking up and calling a fish a fish, i think things could have been much more sane.

IMHO, there is nothing that justifies the pricing for many properties we see today, not even my own. at the risk of being flamed, i'm going to point out a few glaring localities.

OSM & BH
BH is asking for $850 now, and averaged $750 for 2009. This locality is complicated, arguably one of the worst traffic arrangements islandwide, and is bordered by both the PIE and CTE. Historically, the whole area was industrial, and till today, it can be considered the outskirts of medium industries of Kallang. Locality is traditionally low income HDB dwellers in one of the least maintained historical areas in Singapore.

The other side of Balestier
People, this is nowhere near Novena, and cannot be considered Novena. Cramped areas nestled in between cheap, old housing; lousy traffic; PIE on one side; etc. people have to wake up - it is no where close to even $1000psf that people are asking for. People who bought the Arte are going to be in pain.

Pasir Ris:
Imagine: $800psf at the peak, and about $650psf now. Just 5 years ago, this place was $250psf at the most. Boondocks of Singapore with the heavy petrochem industries of johor downwind, bordered by one of the most haunted beaches in Singapore.

Jurong East:
Go look at the masterplan and see what exactly the plans for Jurong are. Juxtapose it with Google Earth. The whole area is a massive hotchpotch, and honestly, seems like political posturing by the govt so as not to forget the masses. The ONLY area that might see appreciation is the immediate lake/chinese garden surrounding area. Until concrete development is underway and actual projects are announced, i would stay away from this area at least till 1 year to completion of the makeover

If you must buy a property today, i say again: buy at 2005 prices or earlier. there is nothing fundamental today that speaks of a recovery - the stock market run is a manipulated last chance for the big boys to cash out.

look for areas that are so obvious in growth potential that it hits you in the face. personally i like Rochester, Marina, and Sentosa areas. Buy a property where you know that the govt is committing billions to spruce up the surroundings; but make sure that construction is already underway and tenders awarded. You do not want another Punggol.

Begbie is right - MRT stations will be everywhere so the old notion of close to MRT = cap appreciation is passe. Just like bus stops of old, MRT entrances will be like in HK - ubiquitous.

It's painful to read some justify expressways, darkies, etc etc. If you chose these places in 2004/2005 and bought at those prices - i say good for you - as things could not been marketed that much out of whack and you bought at fair prices. Citilights was $500psf and Citysquare was $350psf.

Great post :) I think you are spot on about prices in certain localities being out of whack. Hopefully these sellers will wake up soon and stop daydreaming...

Begbie
23-05-09, 15:30
i'm not slamming localities. i'm just saying that today, price vs problems in that locality is out of whack.
Likewise Hungrypillow...and Spot on gfoo, you hit the right nerve.That is going to be the crack that will slowly propagate into a catastrophic failure; archilles heel of the current property market.....

When buyers start realising that, what they've bought and the surroundings they forced themselves into are not worth that $1000psf that they paid for (i.e. when these folks actually start living in their c**y s**e r*******e units close to the hub of our foreign workers and their famous eateries and shopping paradise), the confidence levels in their asking price will start dropping, only thing they'll hang on to is the crazy prices they've paid for.

Eventually when the catastrophic failure begins, it will spill out like water gushing out of a barrel that has been bursting in its seams.

Oh..btw, my agent just dropped me a text, saying the development i'm looking at have been upped the price by the developer by $20K....shucks...

gfoo
23-05-09, 16:16
at launch price of $560psf, CSR was barely worth it, but at least the locality problems were priced in. Sellers are today asking for $900-$1000psf. And just a stone's throw away the new condo at marne is asking for above $1k psf, and marne's developer is quoting (can you believe it) proximity to CSR's shopping mall as a selling point???

Today, i'm gonna address the 'faux luxury market' - driven largely by what i call it the Wannabe Buyer Mentality. If i'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

During the height of the credit crunch scare, stores everywhere were cutting prices like never before. In the luxury segment, lower tier brands like burberry, ralph lauren were 20-60% off. But if you stepped into a bulgari, bottega, van cleef and lv, prices were as per norm if not higher.

Sales in the mid to upper tier shops did not seem to have business affected much. regulars still went there to shop and it was business as usual for many. the sales in burberry had a stampede effect, ushering in a whole new category of customers - people who could otherwise not have considered to shop at burberry. This is the Wannabe buying mentality.

We are and have seen this Wannabe syndrome in the property market of late, by making units super small, they put condos in 'prime' areas into mass market hands, although psfs actually inched up. But are these areas even 'prime' in the first place? Except for illuminaire - the rest are not. Arte ain't in thomson, it's balestier. Little india is little india, St Michael's Road is bendemeer/kallang, not central singapore. etc etc. Illuminaire has a good location, but PSFs do not justify the cost and only hobbits can tahan the cramp spaces. Even Rivergate is more havelock than orchard.

So for new property buyers that aspire to projects that have been marketed as 'luxury, exclusive location, etc etc' by developers, please think before you commit. Are these places really that exclusive?

If you're buying to stay, then my previous advice about feeling vs price applies. If you're buying to invest, you will have to realise that your 'luxury' property will never command a premium, and will never attract premium rents. Here's why.

$1300-$1500psf is 2005/2006 Ardmore, St R, Sail, really prime orchard territory. Go drive into the carparks - see the Maseratis, Porsche etc lined up side by side. And these belong to those that stay there - rich locals / indo / PRs. You'll never find the rich carrying a Coach when they can afford a Bottega.

Expats don't really own cars, they take cabs or at the rent levels of $1500psf (05) property, they have company supplied chauffers. Why in the world would an APAC SVP or an MNC want to live in wannabe faux-luxe apartments, when they can go for the real thing in real locations?

So if you are buying for own stay - good for you and congrats. buy if you think you can buy for rental yield, you're now caught in between. You're are trying to offer a Coach to a Bottega buyer; but will end up finding someone who can only afford a Braun Buffel

cheerful
23-05-09, 16:26
at launch price of $560psf, CSR was barely worth it, but at least the locality problems were priced in. Sellers are today asking for $900-$1000psf. And just a stone's throw away the new condo at marne is asking for above $1k psf, and marne's developer is quoting (can you believe it) proximity to CSR's shopping mall as a selling point???

Today, i'm gonna address the 'faux luxury market' - driven largely by what i call it the Wannabe Buyer Mentality. If i'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

So if you are buying for own stay - good for you and congrats. buy if you think you can buy for rental yield, you're now caught in between. You're are trying to offer a Coach to a Bottega buyer; but will end up finding someone who can only afford a Braun Buffel

Again, good post from gfoo with a sense of humour ... it's interesting to read the analogy of purchasing branded goods ... looks like u know a thing or two about handbags .. today u probably got inspiration with ur mrs??

Like wat condorich has said, betta look carefully before plunging in ... BUT if it's for own stay, yeap ... the feel factor should oso come into play. I can understand why in another thread, one forumer talked about the 3rd dimension ... but for investing, of cuz this shouldn't apply (pp may think u're crazy!) ..

gfoo
23-05-09, 16:31
Again, good post from gfoo with a sense of humour ... it's interesting to read the analogy of purchasing branded goods ... looks like u know a thing or two about handbags .. today u probably got inspiration with ur mrs??

Like wat condorich has said, betta look carefully before plunging in ... BUT if it's for own stay, yeap ... the feel factor should oso come into play. I can understand why in another thread, one forumer talked about the 3rd dimension ... but for investing, of cuz this shouldn't apply (pp may think u're crazy!) ..

alamak PLS don't remind me - i have to pay the bills.

but i like the bag analogies - it's quite true.

Look at the Sail. It's more like a Bulgari, but instead of using lamb leather to construct it, they use Canvas. But at least's it's still a Bulgari, it's normal sized and usable, and people would still love to carry it

OSM/BH is another example. In the old days it was a made-in-china double dragonfly. Then all of a sudden they replaced the label with made-in-italy, used swavroski crystal to make the dragonfly logo, and try to pass it off as luxury. The problem is people really bought it!

The best one is illuminaire. It's like a Loewe minibag. It's branded, made-in-italy, great recognition and made of lambskin, but it's a 1/5 scale replica of a normal Loewe bag.

Lord Anus
23-05-09, 16:55
Bags are not Bvlgari's specialty. They are first and foremost designers and makers of high-end jewellery and watches, like Cartier. Then again, with watches, they are nowhere when compared to the great watchmakers like Audemars Piguet, Jaeger Le-Coultre and Patek Philippe.

You should have referenced Balenciaga, Chanel and some of the cheaper Hermes. Well, at least you did include Bottega Veneta which is also one of my wife's favourites.:D

One more thing, if you go to hotel shops in Las Vegas like the Bellagio you will find that the Bottega and Chanel boutiques there regularly have discounts. Big stores like Harrod's in London also have sales, but that is because they are a wholesale merchandiser, their items have no worldwide boutique warranty.

Conclusion: just like handbags, it is more worthwhile to buy high-end property in the US and London. :D

Lord Anus
23-05-09, 16:59
The best one is illuminaire. It's like a Loewe minibag. It's branded, made-in-italy, great recognition and made of lambskin, but it's a 1/5 scale replica of a normal Loewe bag.

Or the Bottega lookalikes sold in Tangs, that all the cheapskates are carrying. One look, one touch and I could tell it is not Bottega. :D

gfoo
23-05-09, 17:09
Bags are not Bvlgari's specialty. They are first and foremost designers and makers of high-end jewellery and watches, like Cartier. Then again, with watches, they are nowhere when compared to the great watchmakers like Audemars Piguet, Jaeger Le-Coultre and Patek Philippe.

You should have referenced Balenciaga, Chanel and some of the cheaper Hermes. Well, at least you did include Bottega Veneta which is also one of my wife's favourites.:D

One more thing, if you go to hotel shops in Las Vegas like the Bellagio you will find that the Bottega and Chanel boutiques there regularly have discounts. Big stores like Harrod's in London also have sales, but that is because they are a wholesale merchandiser, their items have no worldwide boutique warranty.

Conclusion: just like handbags, it is more worthwhile to buy high-end property in the US and London. :D

lol. tis true. i may not be able to afford true blue manhattan, but have always been eyeing a nice place across the hudson at river road - pretty large asian community there too.

jitkiat
23-05-09, 17:20
The key question to why before you buy is:

Is the expectation of future growth priced into the psf pricing ? Take SouthBank for example, people are will to pay 99LH at 900-1000psf close to Golden Mile because they expect the government to develop the Kallang Basin area "REAL SOON" (including enbloc the Golden Mile into another CSR I guess). If you buy with the "high expectation" priced in, then good luck.

gfoo
23-05-09, 17:25

Is the expectation of future growth priced into the psf pricing ? Take SouthBank for example, people are will to pay 99LH at 900-1000psf close to Golden Mile because they expect the government to develop the Kallang Basin area "REAL SOON" (including enbloc the Golden Mile into another CSR I guess). If you buy with the "high expectation" priced in, then good luck.

Kallang watersports hub is already running into development problems. The govt may honor its part of the bargain by building some parks and such as an extension of phase 3 gardens by the bay, but beyond that is a big question mark.

dun even need to talk about golden mile enbloc and redev. there is a whole neighbourhood of HDB rental flats for the poor, and old residents that will never move out.

jitkiat
23-05-09, 17:35
Kallang watersports hub is already running into development problems. The govt may honor its part of the bargain by building some parks and such as an extension of phase 3 gardens by the bay, but beyond that is a big question mark.

dun even need to talk about golden mile enbloc and redev. there is a whole neighbourhood of HDB rental flats for the poor, and old residents that will never move out.

Well, may be the property developers & governement can perform SERS for those HDB flats and move them to Punggol :tongue3: ... I doubt any ang moh & people with kids will want to stay in SouthBank, price will probably crash upon TOP

august
23-05-09, 17:38

re: southbank, citylights.. again this entire area, though not as bad as CSR's, is not too attractive to me ~

good location, in this case proximity to city, is one thing.. it is another if one considers the immediate communities there

jitkiat
23-05-09, 17:55
Talk about CSR, I asked my Indian colleague who rented Mandarin Garden whether he would like to stay there ... the answer is NO :doh: ...

gfoo
23-05-09, 18:07
Talk about CSR, I asked my Indian colleague who rented Mandarin Garden whether he would like to stay there ... the answer is NO :doh: ...

Or course lah, work so hard to make it to singapore, but live in a place like back in india? You'll also be surprised how prevalent the indian caste mindset is even in modern times. It's like a singaporean working in san francisco, but choosing to stay in a new condo at the slummiest part of old sf chinatown

Regulators
23-05-09, 22:34
places like Balestier, Kallang, Geylang, Toa Payoh, Bishan are all in the Central region. Central divided into CCR and RCR, thought u wud already knw that.As for CSR n Marne, whether u like the area or nt, it is CCR for u. Those cndos in Little India share the same zoning as Illuminaire even though psf is almost double. I personally do nt like little india area but in terms of physical distance, Devonshire n CSR are in the same zone. Go n check the URA website.

During the height of the credit crunch scare, stores everywhere were cutting prices like never before. In the luxury segment, lower tier brands like burberry, ralph lauren were 20-60% off. But if you stepped into a bulgari, bottega, van cleef and lv, prices were as per norm if not higher.

Sales in the mid to upper tier shops did not seem to have business affected much. regulars still went there to shop and it was business as usual for many. the sales in burberry had a stampede effect, ushering in a whole new category of customers - people who could otherwise not have considered to shop at burberry. This is the Wannabe buying mentality.

We are and have seen this Wannabe syndrome in the property market of late, by making units super small, they put condos in 'prime' areas into mass market hands, although psfs actually inched up. But are these areas even 'prime' in the first place? Except for illuminaire - the rest are not. Arte ain't in thomson, it's balestier. Little india is little india, St Michael's Road is bendemeer/kallang, not central singapore. etc etc. Illuminaire has a good location, but PSFs do not justify the cost and only hobbits can tahan the cramp spaces. Even Rivergate is more havelock than orchard.

So for new property buyers that aspire to projects that have been marketed as 'luxury, exclusive location, etc etc' by developers, please think before you commit. Are these places really that exclusive?

If you're buying to stay, then my previous advice about feeling vs price applies. If you're buying to invest, you will have to realise that your 'luxury' property will never command a premium, and will never attract premium rents. Here's why.

$1300-$1500psf is 2005/2006 Ardmore, St R, Sail, really prime orchard territory. Go drive into the carparks - see the Maseratis, Porsche etc lined up side by side. And these belong to those that stay there - rich locals / indo / PRs. You'll never find the rich carrying a Coach when they can afford a Bottega.

Expats don't really own cars, they take cabs or at the rent levels of $1500psf (05) property, they have company supplied chauffers. Why in the world would an APAC SVP or an MNC want to live in wannabe faux-luxe apartments, when they can go for the real thing in real locations?

gfoo
24-05-09, 01:31
places like Balestier, Kallang, Geylang, Toa Payoh, Bishan are all in the Central region. Central divided into CCR and RCR, thought u wud already knw that.As for CSR n Marne, whether u like the area or nt, it is CCR for u. Those cndos in Little India share the same zoning as Illuminaire even though psf is almost double. I personally do nt like little india area but in terms of physical distance, Devonshire n CSR are in the same zone. Go n check the URA website.

Yup agree w u - it's quite misleading isn't it? And developers use this to upscale their crap developments.

What they dont tell buyers that within CCR there are 4 planning areas: downtown core (marina bay, raffles place), orchard planning area, central area, and fringe area. Planning and infrastructural investments are accorded priority in that order.

OSM/BH/CSR/balestier - they all fall in the fringe area.

Just because URA gave the whole dang area a snazzy name like 'core central region' doesn't give them the right to mislead people.

Sisters island and pulau hantu is also in the CCR. Would anyone be proud to pay 1000psf to stay there?

orange
24-05-09, 01:38
Wrong. OSM, BH and Balestier are in D12/13. That's RCR. CSR in D8: CCR. CCR is D1-4, 6-11.

gfoo
24-05-09, 01:52
Wrong. OSM, BH and Balestier are in D12/13. That's RCR. CSR in D8: CCR. CCR is D1-4, 6-11.
Lol, liddat lagi worse siah!

Tan: Eh Lee, last month every weekend i bring my fambly to stay at hotels in Central Region. Minutes to orchard shopping and IR, great food and heritage all around us!
Lee: Wah power! Where you stay? St Regis? Raffles Hotel? Ritz?
Tan: Nope. Hotel 81 Bendemeer, Hotel 81 Balestier, Fragrance Hotel Geylang, and some marmar place in Little India- but with full view of CSR swimming pool
Lee: %#!%!}[!

apple3
24-05-09, 02:09

Tan: Eh Lee, last month every weekend i bring my fambly to stay at hotels in Central Region. Minutes to orchard shopping and IR, great food and heritage all around us!
Tan: Nope. Hotel 81 Bendemeer, Hotel 81 Balestier, Fragrance Hotel Geylang, and some marmar place in Little India- but with full view of CSR swimming pool

This is a good one!
whahahhahaha..

Begbie
24-05-09, 02:30

Thats funny dude...which reminds me to share something with you folks..

I just got back from Mustapha centre doing my monthly grocery shopping... at 1 am in the morning the place is still bustling.. so are the KTV's, massage houses, drunk foreign workers shouting about, street walkers passing by....

And they're asking 1K psf for that location (CSR) ??? I feel like I was in second Geylang.... at least Geylang is an official red light district with the top quality china PRC's shaking their tush there (of cuz this is what i hear from word of mouth..not that I actually go and see hor..)

If i have to choose between the two areas, Geylang against Kitchener at $1000psf? .. I'd pick Geylang coz they have at least nicer PRC "Models" for me to "bio".. .. ouhhh lala... ....:doh:

*nudge nudge wink winkkk*

august
24-05-09, 13:27
Or course lah, work so hard to make it to singapore, but live in a place like back in india? You'll also be surprised how prevalent the indian caste mindset is even in modern times. It's like a singaporean working in san francisco, but choosing to stay in a new condo at the slummiest part of old sf chinatown

hah need to work hard to get into SG meh?
india caste system is big problem, they even look down on local indians :tongue3:
social integration will be an issue as more of them flood in

gfoo
24-05-09, 14:11
hah need to work hard to get into SG meh?
india caste system is big problem, they even look down on local indians :tongue3:
social integration will be an issue as more of them flood in

of course it's hard to get to SG lah - have you tried getting through traffic get to the airport in mumbai or delhi? not to mention the standard bribes locals need to pay to get past customs if your passport is brand new and you're a young turk.

apple3
24-05-09, 15:20

I just got back from Mustapha centre doing my monthly grocery shopping... at 1 am in the morning the place is still bustling.. so are the KTV's, massage houses, drunk foreign workers shouting about, street walkers passing by....

And they're asking 1K psf for that location (CSR) ??? I feel like I was in second Geylang.... at least Geylang is an official red light district with the top quality china PRC's shaking their tush there (of cuz this is what i hear from word of mouth..not that I actually go and see hor..)

If i have to choose between the two areas, Geylang against Kitchener at $1000psf? .. I'd pick Geylang coz they have at least nicer PRC "Models" for me to "bio".. .. ouhhh lala... ....:doh:

don't bluff..

august
24-05-09, 15:29
of course it's hard to get to SG lah - have you tried getting through traffic get to the airport in mumbai or delhi? not to mention the standard bribes locals need to pay to get past customs if your passport is brand new and you're a young turk.

been watch Slumdog Millionaire?

well the indians arent too pleased about it.. cos it cuts too close to the truth? lol :D

gfoo
24-05-09, 15:54
been watch Slumdog Millionaire?

well the indians arent too pleased about it.. cos it cuts too close to the truth? lol :D

nope, Chandhni Chowk To China. it deserves an oscar, not slumdog

august
24-05-09, 16:02

then its time you visit for the sights and good food ~
geylang is SG's true blue landmark, all Sporeans must visit :cool:

Begbie
24-05-09, 17:02
don't bluff..

no bluff........ my friends tell me one...