PDA

View Full Version : Glendale Park - Any reviews pls?

firestarter
14-04-09, 07:56
Any residents of Glendale Park here care to give a review ?
How does it match up with the rest of the condo in Hillview ?

TIA

kal
14-04-09, 10:19
its free form pool is nice and the gym is good size ! IF u like hillview area, think the current 600psf for a FH is worth it..

firestarter
14-04-09, 21:02
thanks for your feedback kal ... :)

i like it that its nestle at the corner of hillview ave where its not that clustered with other development and you can really have some "hillview" .. also the proximity from the future hillview mrt station ..

not sure what will become of the plot of land diagonally opposite it though ...

are you a resident there ?

franzmark
15-04-09, 03:26
Glendale Park is just beside Mindef and the Malaysia-Singapore Railway Track. It is also out of the way from amenities except The Rail Mall with hardly anything except eateries, a supermarket and a video shop. The MRT station in front of the Salvation army is a long shot away (7 years). If you have a car and enjoy being tucked away from the rest of the world, this is the place. if you rely on public transport like the MRT, this is definitely not a place to buy. A better condo to look at would be signature park with a huge piece of land that you can spend a whole day walking inside. the condo is not too far from bt timah shopping area and the canadian school and is priced far below park natura (1k psf) although it is in a better location than the latter....

firestarter
15-04-09, 11:21
Glendale Park is just beside Mindef and the Malaysia-Singapore Railway Track. It is also out of the way from amenities except The Rail Mall with hardly anything except eateries, a supermarket and a video shop. The MRT station in front of the Salvation army is a long shot away (7 years). If you have a car and enjoy being tucked away from the rest of the world, this is the place. if you rely on public transport like the MRT, this is definitely not a place to buy. A better condo to look at would be signature park with a huge piece of land that you can spend a whole day walking inside. the condo is not too far from bt timah shopping area and the canadian school and is priced far below park natura (1k psf) although it is in a better location than the latter....

thanks for your feedback ..

true to a certain extend .. mrt will only come @ 2015 ..

but doesn't glendale park have a side gate where you can exit to hillview road and just take a short walk up to standard chartered where there are a number of buses plying the route?

Signature park seems not bad too but tucked too far into jalan jurong kechil where not many buses ply ??

moneymatters
15-04-09, 11:53

but doesn't glendale park have a side gate where you can exit to hillview road and just take a short walk up to standard chartered where there are a number of buses plying the route?

Signature park seems not bad too but tucked too far into jalan jurong kechil where not many buses ply ??

Agreed! Glendale is a much better bet vs Signature Park. U just need to deal with construction inconveniences from 2nd half 2010 to 2014.

franzmark
15-04-09, 13:43
My point of comparison between glendale and signature park takes into consideration the following:

1. more amenities
2. better facilities
3. prospect of en-bloc with larger land area in propotion to number of units
4. proximity to main shopping area in bukit timah
5. under D21, not 23
6. No Railway track beside the development
7. walking distance to future MRT station near beauty world
8. close proximity to International school in the area

The above are reasons why Signature would be a better bet as compared to Glendale. My advice is take a stroll around the inside of signature park and glendale and make a physical comparison. Many units at signature are tenanted out and the only reason i can see is that the place is in high demand among foreign students and expats.

zoros
15-04-09, 16:33
Fyc, U might wan to consider DAIRY FARM which is diagonally opp. to GLENDALE PARK but does not have the Malayan Railway Track/MINDEF limitatins and the traffic bottleneck issue in Hillview Avenue facing by the latter.

It is also just beside the hillview mrt station when it's up and running. I am currently on the lookout at dairy farm for a possible investment. ;)

kal
15-04-09, 23:07
I stayed there many yrs ago. To be honest, I didnt hear any train sound as my unit is facing main gate. If u consider hillview area, means u like hillview compare to bukit timah/jurong kechil side. So why compare with signature park? The side gate to Rail Mall is within 5mins walk. To me, bukit timah shopping centre is not as good as rail mall !!

Another development that u can consider is Parc Palais.. I find it appealing too..

firestarter
16-04-09, 12:17
My point of comparison between glendale and signature park takes into consideration the following:

1. more amenities
2. better facilities
3. prospect of en-bloc with larger land area in propotion to number of units
4. proximity to main shopping area in bukit timah
5. under D21, not 23
6. No Railway track beside the development
7. walking distance to future MRT station near beauty world
8. close proximity to International school in the area

The above are reasons why Signature would be a better bet as compared to Glendale. My advice is take a stroll around the inside of signature park and glendale and make a physical comparison. Many units at signature are tenanted out and the only reason i can see is that the place is in high demand among foreign students and expats.

quite true .. but guess we have to compare an apple to an apple .. :)

firestarter
16-04-09, 12:18
Fyc, U might wan to consider DAIRY FARM which is diagonally opp. to GLENDALE PARK but does not have the Malayan Railway Track/MINDEF limitatins and the traffic bottleneck issue in Hillview Avenue facing by the latter.

It is also just beside the hillview mrt station when it's up and running. I am currently on the lookout at dairy farm for a possible investment. ;)

yea .. also considering Dairy Farm .. large plot area .. good en-bloc potential once the mrt is up .. good luck in your search:D

firestarter
16-04-09, 12:20
I stayed there many yrs ago. To be honest, I didnt hear any train sound as my unit is facing main gate. If u consider hillview area, means u like hillview compare to bukit timah/jurong kechil side. So why compare with signature park? The side gate to Rail Mall is within 5mins walk. To me, bukit timah shopping centre is not as good as rail mall !!

Another development that u can consider is Parc Palais.. I find it appealing too..

cool .. among the hillview area .. Glendale is the 1 that appeal to me the most ..

the carpark is sheltered not basement rite ?

franzmark
16-04-09, 13:16
Will wish you the best in finding your perfect home in hillview area. just a last word of advice, remember to check the past trasacted prices in that area and do a comparison first. mkt is heading south for condo, so you shud take this opp to grab a bargain, not buy at the high....:)

cool .. among the hillview area .. Glendale is the 1 that appeal to me the most ..

jonleelk
16-04-09, 21:06
Will wish you the best in finding your perfect home in hillview area. just a last word of advice, remember to check the past trasacted prices in that area and do a comparison first. mkt is heading south for condo, so you shud take this opp to grab a bargain, not buy at the high....:)

Based on the current situation, seems like only the resale is going south. Subsale is going north. New launches going east-west (not up not down) :D .

Geylang OKT
16-04-09, 22:38
I like Parc Parlais much much better :D

flying bear
17-04-09, 21:55
will the new mrt station close to Glendale ? any idea how long will be the walk ?

Signature Park seems good too. But the canadian school is moving away to Jurong beside Lakeshore condo, I guess the expat will also relocate as well.

Wat is a reasonable PSF for both condo ?

Like dairy farm, but price is way too high.

Joseph Chee
21-04-09, 17:54
The proposed Hillview Station just behind Glendale Park (can enter near the Std Chartered bank) which mean you don't even need to cross a road to take MRT. Under the URA Master Plan, the land opposite it will be developed into shopping mall. The natural reserve behind Salvation Army will be openned soon as a recreational park (u can see the new car park is ready & waiting for official opening). Hillview condos will definately become hotspots in the next boom especially those that are near to the MRT station.

cheerful
21-04-09, 18:20
The proposed Hillview Station just behind Glendale Park (can enter near the Std Chartered bank) which mean you don't even need to cross a road to take MRT. Under the URA Master Plan, the land opposite it will be developed into shopping mall. The natural reserve behind Salvation Army will be openned soon as a recreational park (u can see the new car park is ready & waiting for official opening). Hillview condos will definately become hotspots in the next boom especially those that are near to the MRT station.

Just curious, is it still at 'proposed' stage? So beauty world tt one is the one to use right (if according to one post in this thread)?

Which other condos near this proposed Hillview MRT besides Glendale? Hillington Green? Hume Park 1 & 2 too far hor? :confused:

cheerful
21-04-09, 18:22
Based on the current situation, seems like only the resale is going south. Subsale is going north. New launches going east-west (not up not down) :D .

This one is cute .. lol ... quite true for new launches but not sure about subsale (you mean condos right? still north meh?) vs. resale (do you mean re-launch coz the term often being used for HDB leh) ...

:D

jonleelk
21-04-09, 20:28
This one is cute .. lol ... quite true for new launches but not sure about subsale (you mean condos right? still north meh?) vs. resale (do you mean re-launch coz the term often being used for HDB leh) ...

:D

Was referring to subsale of condos going to TOP. Prices all going up compared to launched prices. No firesale so far despite the recession.

whoh757
21-04-09, 22:36
Any views on hillview heights which is also next to glendale park and walking distance to the mrt? As a side note, what about the cluster down bukit timah side i.e. the hillside, springdale, etc. Any opinions to share?

hmsg
22-04-09, 00:15

basement carpark. did not like the units I saw at Glendale, afternoon sun... but v near bus stop n future mrt.

franzmark
22-04-09, 01:41
guys remember that the mrt is 7 years away, almost a decade. U buy hillview now but u may not even continue to live there when mrt is up as circumstances may change. Most important is u must the place as it is now not what is will be like years down the road

kal
22-04-09, 03:56
i'm sure nobody will buy house just wanna stay near the MRT. MRT is just an additional benefit into consideration of a property but definitely not the main primary reason into it

franzmark
22-04-09, 10:39
you will be surprised wat people can pay for houses near mrt.
i'm sure nobody will buy house just wanna stay near the MRT. MRT is just an additional benefit into consideration of a property but definitely not the main primary reason into it

firestarter
11-05-09, 17:29
any glendale resident can comment on the sound of the KTM railway? how frequent is it? was at a pub at the rail mall on saturday night, train are still passing by around midnight!!

zoros
22-05-09, 11:49
any glendale resident can comment on the sound of the KTM railway? how frequent is it? was at a pub at the rail mall on saturday night, train are still passing by around midnight!!

Hi, i was seriously looking at Glendale Park unit abt 8mths back but gave up later. Most outer-facing units have some West Sun while those facing East have the KMT trains passing by. The KMT train sound can be quite loud esp on mornings and evenings.

Frequency is not as frequent as MRT but sound is generally louder cos MKT trains are those old type which rest on tracks.

beverly
22-05-09, 12:23
Any views on hillview heights which is also next to glendale park and walking distance to the mrt? As a side note, what about the cluster down bukit timah side i.e. the hillside, springdale, etc. Any opinions to share?

hillview heights facade looks old , Glendale looks more well maintained, they repainted the building not too long ago.
The train noise is loud by the way ..

beverly
22-05-09, 12:26
btw, Glendale park is district 23, not 21. District 23 is the same as bt panjang, bt batok and cck.

Regulators
22-05-09, 13:20
it is strange coz parc palais which is nearer to Bt Batok is D21

btw, Glendale park is district 23, not 21. District 23 is the same as bt panjang, bt batok and cck.

Condorich
22-05-09, 13:21

Hmm.. but Glendale is FH right?

Maybe can secure a unit for rental at average or below average prices and hope that the MRT would bring huge capital appreciation later on. Don't make it end up like a white elephant.

A caution regarding proposed or underconstruction MRT station, lesson learnt from Nicol Highway incident. Maybe there will be stones too hard to bore in bukit timah resulting in route deviation etc. You never know for certain until the thing is up.

I would still choose Diary Farm over Glendale if I have the cash to invest.

zoros
25-05-09, 15:12
Yes, i echoed ur conclusion. I am waiting for better deals for dairy farm after previously looking into glendale park.

Maybe can secure a unit for rental at average or below average prices and hope that the MRT would bring huge capital appreciation later on. Don't make it end up like a white elephant.

A caution regarding proposed or underconstruction MRT station, lesson learnt from Nicol Highway incident. Maybe there will be stones too hard to bore in bukit timah resulting in route deviation etc. You never know for certain until the thing is up.

Regulators
25-05-09, 23:57
nearest place to buy groceries n eat is rail mall whch is a very long walk away. DF seems a little out of place especially when people usually take that road towards SLE. Got to drive to live in DF at least til the MRT cmes up in 7 years time. I wud rather go for old cndos in toh tuck or near beauty world if u really want to go 4 the old dev. Just MO
Yes, i echoed ur conclusion. I am waiting for better deals for dairy farm after previously looking into glendale park.

moneymatters
26-05-09, 15:48

when tunneling work starts, folks living in Diary Farm, Cashew Heights, Maysprings have escape road via Diary Farm, Cashew and Petir Road thru to BKE. The other condos along Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview will be trapped in serious daily traffic bottleneck and at the same time bear the full brunt of construction noise and pollution for at least 3-5 years.

zoros
26-05-09, 16:35
That's part of e reasons Y i would choose DF over GP cos GP's hillview avenue is always jammed with AM and PM traffic...depending on traffic flow whereas DF's road are all major trunk roads.

when tunneling work starts, folks living in Diary Farm, Cashew Heights, Maysprings have escape road via Diary Farm, Cashew and Petir Road thru to BKE. The other condos along Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview will be trapped in serious daily traffic bottleneck and at the same time bear the full brunt of construction noise and pollution for at least 3-5 years.

Scg8866t
08-03-19, 12:26
I did my research on Glendale Park.

20 years old freehold
285k sq ft of land
448 units
Each unit owns roughly ard 600 sq ft of real land

A glimpse at the recent GLS just beside them which was bought by City Dev at S$1,067 psf ppr for a 99 leasehold land. Means break even for them is ard $1,300 psf
Glendale Park is freehold and currently transacted at ard S$1,150 psf not forgetting its 50m away from HillView DTL from back gate. Much more convenient and valuable than Hiller and or the new City Dev land.

Also bigger piece of land with understated livable GFA. 3 tennis courts and many big rectangular shaped grass patches unused

All GLS around that area has a 2.8 plot ratio given
Glendale only has a 1.92 plot ratio.

Can we potentially see Glendale plot ratio to be revised to 2.8 for the next Masterplan? Even without the revision of its plot ratio, Glendale Park is indeed a deep value purchase those that holds on to it in the next 10 years might see value unlock either via enbloc or price apreciation.

Hillview DTL is just 7 mins away to Tan Kah Kee(Nanyang Primary, Hwa Chong)

Scg8866t
08-03-19, 12:41
I did my research on Glendale Park.

20 years old freehold
285k sq ft of land
448 units
Each unit owns roughly ard 600 sq ft of real land

A glimpse at the recent GLS just beside them which was bought by City Dev at S$1,067 psf ppr for a 99 leasehold land. Means break even for them is ard $1,300 psf
Glendale Park is freehold and currently transacted at ard S$1,150 psf not forgetting its 50m away from HillView DTL from back gate. Much more convenient and valuable than Hiller and or the new City Dev land.

Also bigger piece of land with understated livable GFA. 3 tennis courts and many big rectangular shaped grass patches unused

All GLS around that area has a 2.8 plot ratio given
Glendale only has a 1.92 plot ratio.

Can we potentially see Glendale plot ratio to be revised to 2.8 for the next Masterplan? Even without the revision of its plot ratio, Glendale Park is indeed a deep value purchase those that holds on to it in the next 10 years might see value unlock either via enbloc or price apreciation.

Hillview DTL is just 7 mins away to Tan Kah Kee(Nanyang Primary, Hwa Chong)

The deep value aspect of it is due to the huge price disconnect between the new launches(all 99 years) and the old freehold dev(much nearer to mrt and much more sparse). Glendale is also very well maintained by Knight Frank

Scg8866t
03-05-20, 18:22
The deep value aspect of it is due to the huge price disconnect between the new launches(all 99 years) and the old freehold dev(much nearer to mrt and much more sparse). Glendale is also very well maintained by Knight Frank

Did a blog post on Glendale Park

http://scg8866tstockinvesting.blogspot.com/2020/05/my-thoughts-on-glendale-park.html#.Xq6aGqgzZyw

Arcachon
03-05-20, 19:57
Risk

1) Covid19 pandemic will likely increase unemployment and decrease the number of property sales. True

2) Property prices are laggard to our economy. Prices may drop just like during the Sars period.Drop is true but not like Sars

3) More force sale after the 8 months loan deferment could potentially cause property prices to tank if the pandemic is still not resolved.Not True with the repricing and refinance without TDSR

4) Increase in vacancy rate due to a reduction in foreign pmet and employment pass holders, this will cause rental rates to weaken and ultimately property prices to drop.Not True if you got the Data

Scg8866t
27-08-22, 10:42
Glendale Update and Masterplan

http://scg8866tstockinvesting.blogspot.com/2022/08/glendale-park-masterplan-update.html#.YwmFCnZBzMY

Scg8866t
06-09-22, 21:43
Glendale Update for August 2022

http://scg8866tstockinvesting.blogspot.com/2022/09/glendale-august-update.html#.YxdOlHZBzMY

Scg8866t
15-10-22, 15:15
Glendale and Property Update for October 2022

http://scg8866tstockinvesting.blogspot.com/2022/10/glendale-park-october-update.html#.Y0pehnZBzMY