PDA

View Full Version : Illuminaire (D9, Freehold, EL Development)

Pages : [1] 2

Acer
25-03-09, 13:12
Hi guys,

Receive a sms from a Huttons agent that there will be a D9 condo launching at 59 Devonshire road.

Does anyone know details?

It is not One devonshire which is under Allgreen

Thks

xtink
25-03-09, 16:43
i think it is The Laurels, at Cairnhill.

home-run
25-03-09, 21:03
Hi I know the exact location. But however, the psf will not be cheap dur to it's prime location.

Kindly visit my website @ www.lusholmz.com (http://www.lusholmz.com) for more details.

Alternatively u can drop me an enquiry @ my mobile 81835132.

Unit sizes : 1br/2br/Penthouses:cheers6:

LAUNCHING VERY SOON!!!

NEAR KILLINEY VICINITY, Paranomic City Skyline & Takashimaya View. Walk to Sommerset MRT & Orchard Central!!

home-run
26-03-09, 01:13
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Somerset/New_Launch-1.jpg

Acer
26-03-09, 16:45
Hi I know the exact location. But however, the psf will not be cheap dur to it's prime location.

Kindly visit my website @ www.lusholmz.com (http://www.lusholmz.com) for more details.

Alternatively u can drop me an enquiry @ my mobile 81835132.

Unit sizes : 1br/2br/Penthouses:cheers6:

LAUNCHING VERY SOON!!!

NEAR KILLINEY VICINITY, Paranomic City Skyline & Takashimaya View. Walk to Sommerset MRT & Orchard Central!!

Hi , do you think 1200 is possible?

august
26-03-09, 23:55
my guess is 1500 psf :cool:

home-run
27-03-09, 00:54
I guess the psf will be high...as The Suites @ Central just opposite are hovering abt the 1400+psf range & The Metz last transaction in Dec08 is 2030psf. So my gut feeling is the pricing will be 1700+ to even 2000psf range but however, the OVERALL QUANTUM WILL BE LOW & ATTRACTIVE:spliff: since small units seems to be the 'in-thing' now in the property mkt. Property Sentiment is picking up in my personal opinion and i strongly believe that this proj will be gone in just 60sec...highly possible :scared-1: It'll be interesting to see what size configuration the developer will come up with. Interest Absorption scheme is most likely avail for this proj . :cheers6:

dtrax
27-03-09, 00:56
lol not another 3XX sqft @ 17XXpsf for less than 700k in D9.
When is the expected launch btw?

home-run
27-03-09, 01:01
went to the site yesterday and asked the security...most probably end march or early april...location-wise...not too bad...high floors will be able to see sg flyer view plus takashimaya...nice paranomic city view as well...will post a few pics here tml morning n keep u guys posted...my gut feeling abt this place is simple..SURE SELL! LOLx...:spliff:

Acer
27-03-09, 08:46
I guess the psf will be high...as The Suites @ Central just opposite are hovering abt the 1400+psf range & The Metz last transaction in Dec08 is 2030psf. So my gut feeling is the pricing will be 1700+ to even 2000psf range but however, the OVERALL QUANTUM WILL BE LOW & ATTRACTIVE:spliff: since small units seems to be the 'in-thing' now in the property mkt. Property Sentiment is picking up in my personal opinion and i strongly believe that this proj will be gone in just 60sec...highly possible :scared-1: It'll be interesting to see what size configuration the developer will come up with. Interest Absorption scheme is most likely avail for this proj . :cheers6:

how can it be gone in just 60 sec?
no need fill up particulars mah

lol

kal
27-03-09, 09:19
wet market buy vege is about 60 sec la ....

bargain hunter
27-03-09, 09:52
went to the site yesterday and asked the security...most probably end march or early april...location-wise...not too bad...high floors will be able to see sg flyer view plus takashimaya...nice paranomic city view as well...will post a few pics here tml morning n keep u guys posted...my gut feeling abt this place is simple..SURE SELL! LOLx...:spliff:

hope to see the pictures :) its already end march, surely it will be april before its launched?

proud owner
27-03-09, 10:07
i think it is The Laurels, at Cairnhill.

hahha you damn funny ... he just said Devonshire and you said Cairnhill ...

home-run
27-03-09, 16:17
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Somerset/map01.jpg

This is the best that i can come up with for now since the developer has yet to release the site and floor plans.

I'll be around the area near rivergate vicinity tml (sat noon time onwards), do kindly let me know if u want to drop by and have a feel of the area.
Cheers and best regards:spliff:

sgseriousbuyer
27-03-09, 20:01
Do drop me an email when the details are available. My budget is around $1.5mil

dtrax
28-03-09, 22:12
Is it situated at the devonshire lodge ? I was dropping by there and saw the huttons banner on the front gate...

Acer
29-03-09, 13:16
Dtrax you r right . Devonshire lodge will be teared down .
Its on the hill top in between The suite @ central and The Metz

I think is 80 units and 18 storey high

does anyone has the layout? and price?

If affortable will wan to consider one

Acer
29-03-09, 13:20
its under el development

chk it out

jesico
29-03-09, 16:27
question for the experts here cos I'm trying to learn - why is there such a big difference in psf price between Suites @ Central and The Metz when they are so near each other? Thanks

bargain hunter
29-03-09, 19:38
question for the experts here cos I'm trying to learn - why is there such a big difference in psf price between Suites @ Central and The Metz when they are so near each other? Thanks

If you disregard, the Dec transaction for The Metz, it has been hardly transacted since Aug 2008 (ie before the lehman bro blowup which started to sink prices faster). Most of the units at the metz are also small one bedrooms and most have been rented out or have owners staying in them. Thus, the vacancy rate is low there and few transactions are expected until the lease expires later this year. The Suites at Central is about to TOP, some owners may prefer to cash out now as their buy price in 2006 was cheaper. Thus, there is a tendency for prices to be lower there. Also, if you compare the cheapest transactions between the 2, $1.18m for a 1 bedder at The Metz and $1.123m for a 1 bedder at Suites at Central. Its not too significantly different (both showing before prices dives pre Q4 2008). Prices have since adjusted to 1400 to 1500 from 1800 for The Suites at Central so that's 15 to 20% since Q4, quite the norm for prime districts. You would expect prices at The Metz to adjust to 1600 to 1700 as a rough guide.

home-run
29-03-09, 22:02
hi folks, i'm as excited abt this proj as u are as it is so surprising tt there is so much interest in this project despite it's est psf from 1600-2000psf range(my personal estimation fyi)

Definitely for a 1 bedder, be prepared to look @ at least 1 mil mark plus minus a bit...but it's worth the investment.

Very rare and nice close up view if u secure the top floor units.

I've taken a few pics for u guys to have a feel...www.lusholmz.com
U can check it out...

Once the floor n site plans are out, i'll email to those who has contacted me.
It's not too late to register ur interest with me now.
My email is : [email protected]
U can send me ur name, unit size u interested in and also ur contact.

Cheers and may u get ur dream home!!:spliff:

Acer
30-03-09, 13:30
Im pretty sure that the launch price will not be 1600 to 2000psf.If tat is the case , I rather buy " The Suite @ central " .

Same location but at 1400++

Some details on the project

" The 19 storey development will consist of 72 units of 1,2 and 3 bedrooms. Facilities include a 25 m lap pool, Jacuzzi pool, gym, male and female changing room with steam steam, children's pool and playground."

I think a reasonable price will be 1300 to 1500psf

dtrax
30-03-09, 13:37
lol $1.6k-$2.0k can forget about it... would rather get S@C with full condo facilities. S@C $1.5k psf now can easily get liao.. wait abit can get at even better deal. Location I must say is unbeatable but if prices are unrealistically high, no matter gd the location is, I would rather get frm secondary market.

Acer
30-03-09, 13:48
lol $1.6k-$2.0k can forget about it... would rather get S@C with full condo facilities. S@C $1.5k psf now can easily get liao.. wait abit can get at even better deal. Location I must say is unbeatable but if prices are unrealistically high, no matter gd the location is, I would rather get frm secondary market.

2 thumbs up

I agree

Who will wan to buy if 1600 to 2k?
Buyer will sure buyer S@ C

dtrax
30-03-09, 13:50
well it is juz pure speculation on the pricing for now.. if it is in the 1300-1400+ range, I sure there are still alot of interested buyers.

home-run
31-03-09, 12:05
well, of cos if it's 1500psf it will be good for u guys too lah...gd bargain to enter the prime d09 area...let's see what the developer pricing will be ;)

dtrax
31-03-09, 13:13
Illuminaire @ Devonshire:

More info:
http://www.sgre.com.sg/projects/Illuminaire/index.aspx

Floor plans not out yet though

Acer
01-04-09, 17:25
Rec the floor plan from an agent

Look pretty awkward though
small units , 443 and 463.
It has a balcony even fr studio units, seem like balcony occupy some space also.
no room , open concept.
Reads the specificication , kitchen cabinet , pole for hanging clothes , no wallrobe for small units
guess wat it has a Housing shelter even in small units

Indicative price is like 1500

stalingrad
01-04-09, 17:47
Carrying this to the extreme, very soon we will see developers selling individual bunk spaces like those in Hong Kong and tokyo. Is this progress, hardly. sigh.

Very soon, everyone in singapore, poor or rich, will have a home in D9. but is it equality? is a bed the same as a mansion? no!! Wake up, stupid singaporeans. don't be fooled by tricks used by developers to get your hard earned dollars.

cartman
01-04-09, 23:04
Carrying this to the extreme, very soon we will see developers selling individual bunk spaces like those in Hong Kong and tokyo. Is this progress, hardly. sigh.

Very soon, everyone in singapore, poor or rich, will have a home in D9. but is it equality? is a bed the same as a mansion? no!! Wake up, stupid singaporeans. don't be fooled by tricks used by developers to get your hard earned dollars.

you are right but many seemed to be fooled by the absolute quantum that they pay, rather than look at psf, they see 1000 sq ft at $1K psf ($1 million) as very expensive and seem to believe 500sq ft at $1.5K psf ($750K) as very cheap, ceteris paribus :D

Acer
02-04-09, 08:40
when comes to small unit, agent will say that quantum value low .
So is affortable.Use this as a white lies to entice buyer.

Last time , why this quantum was used?
A hutton agent said so when he talked to me about Kambangan suite , opp MRT.He seem rather impatient , when I say Im not so keen .
Guess what he said not keen tell me early , do not waste my time

This type of agent, seem like wana complain to huttons

Acer
02-04-09, 08:40
when comes to small unit, agent will say that quantum value low .
So is affortable.Use this as a white lies to entice buyer.

Last time , why this quantum was used?
A hutton agent said so when he talked to me about Kambangan suite , opp MRT.He seem rather impatient , when I say Im not so keen .
Guess what he said not keen tell me early , do not waste my time

This type of agent, seem like wana complain to huttons

xtink
03-04-09, 23:09
so what would be a respectable psf for the area? i quite like the site, but if at 1600 psf, it's really steep. the single room... very open concept, no doors between living, bedrm, pantry, etc... really studio type.

anyone has any ideal by comparison b/w mercury and this new project, and mercury pricing at ard 1.1k psf, is this area worth abt 1.5kpsf? assume both projects are identical except location.

home-run
04-04-09, 20:33
Mercury location cannot compare with this new launch location lah...
one is located in D10 river valley area, the other located in prime D09 area near Orchard Shopping belt.

Anyways, mercury only left penthouse units...if u keen on the penthouse+open roof terrace, den can consider.

Otherwise, u can consider the RV suites if u want a 1br for investment in tt location...rental yield will be modest...

For the new launch @ devonshire area, rental yield will be very attractive...easily abv 5% conservatively due to it's proximity to mrt n also the orchard shopping belt.
if u think tt 1600-1700 is expensive, den think twice again...this is near prime d09 orchard rd area afterall...how cheap can orchard rd vicinity properties be? thinking some nearby projects are transacting 2500-3000+psf....in conclusion...i feel this psf of 1600-1800 range is sustainable in long run n also the appreciation potential will be substantial & attractive enough.

:spliff:

august
04-04-09, 20:40
Mercury location cannot compare with this new launch location lah...
one is located in D10 river valley area, the other located in prime D09 area near Orchard Shopping belt.

Anyways, mercury only left penthouse units...if u keen on the penthouse+open roof terrace, den can consider.

Otherwise, u can consider the RV suites if u want a 1br for investment in tt location...rental yield will be modest...

For the new launch @ devonshire area, rental yield will be very attractive...easily abv 5% conservatively due to it's proximity to mrt n also the orchard shopping belt.
if u think tt 1600-1700 is expensive, den think twice again...this is near prime d09 orchard rd area afterall...how cheap can orchard rd vicinity properties be? thinking some nearby projects are transacting 2500-3000+psf....in conclusion...i feel this psf of 1600-1800 range is sustainable in long run n also the appreciation potential will be substantial & attractive enough.

:spliff:

nice hint, so is going to be 1600 to 1800psf

not interested liao :o

dtrax
04-04-09, 20:44
Typical agent sale's pitch.. i still dun understand why pple are still harping on yesterday's prices lol.
Oh yeah...I heard some sellers at S@C asking for $1.8k psf.. probably can ask developer to set min. price to $1.8k and above since we are all buying future prices and psf will go to over $2.5k when economy picks up in X yrs.

jesico
04-04-09, 20:46
why would people buy since suites @ central is at $1400 to 1500 psf?

Acer
05-04-09, 21:31
I dun think price set by developer is future price?

Who can predict future?
If you compare with S@C , is selling at current price

tanje
05-04-09, 21:57
Illuminaire on Devonshire

Type A (2 bedroom, 721 sqft)
Type B (2 bedroom, 635 sqft)
Type C (1 bedroom, 441 sqft)
Type C1 (1 bedroom, 463 sqft)
Type D (3 bedroom, 1356 sqft)

moonk123
07-04-09, 15:37
Project Name-ILLUMINAIRE
Developer-EL DEVELOPMENT (DEVONSHIRE) PTE LTD
Property Type-Apartment
Tenure - FREEHOLD
Total Units - 72
Completion Date - 31 DEC 2013
District - 9

1 bedroom (441 - 463sf)
2 bedroom (721 - 635sf)
3 bedroom (1356 - 1356sf)

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/main.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/ex1.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/in1.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/in2.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/in8.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/floor_typeA.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/floor_typeB.jpg

>>> click here for more photos and floor plans >>> (http://www.virtualhomes.sg/illuminaire)

:)

gfoo
07-04-09, 23:02
720sqft, 2 bdrms, 2 balconies and a bomb shelter? where got possible?

august
07-04-09, 23:10

this type B "2-bedder" is really just a 1+1 ... :p

xtink
07-04-09, 23:23
ya i also think likewise.. land space already so scarce and expensive in that area... and the tiny unit still have luxury for balconies.. not one but two ...the combined size of the balconies is even bigger than the bedrooms... what a joke....unless both sides of the unit got extremely nice views which might be true if staying on te top floor....btw, seems like 2-br only from 2-16th floor...

Acer
08-04-09, 08:29
the 1 bed room even worst. Got H/S , Balcony and planter.
Washing machine located @ Balcony :doh:

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/floor_typeC.jpg

franzmark
08-04-09, 14:10
I don't understand one thing. If the units are already so small, what is the use of still having that silly bomb shelter? If this condo going for 1000psf, I will surely buy....:)

Property_Owner
08-04-09, 14:38
I don't understand one thing. If the units are already so small, what is the use of still having that silly bomb shelter? If this condo going for 1000psf, I will surely buy....:)

For such a small unit. Buying is easy, selling will be hard in future. Don be con by expats like this kind of small cosy units, east to sell to small family...... As human who like small house. Also what the use of 2 balconies?

kal
08-04-09, 14:39
heard its $1700psf up

Property_Owner
08-04-09, 14:42
heard its $1700psf up

1700psf for 4xx to 6 xx sqft units? How much for sub sale must it sells to get a good return? 2000psf? No way for this project!

Acer
08-04-09, 14:52
even the 3 bedroom floor plan also very bad.
Look at the size of the balcony.
And this unit had 2 main door
The most horrible floor plan I ever come across

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/floor_typeD.jpg

franzmark
08-04-09, 14:57
looks somewhat like a space craft...

i will still buy it if the price is right. The only reason being that it is in a fantastic location. rental for ion retail outlets are already going for $80psf per month, so to live in a place with such a pricey land is a luxury.....

Property_Owner
08-04-09, 15:01

Toilet 2 near dinning area, 2 balconies, lots n lots of Bay window and planters. Master room wield layout-angel point out, bdrm 3 too small. Why is there a HS at master room? 2 A/C ledge??? I give up

bargain hunter
08-04-09, 15:10
Can, the kitchen is open concept and just one row beside the dining table and it only has 1 toilet for the 2 bedrooms to share!

bargain hunter
08-04-09, 15:15
The picture illustrates it. Put your clothes in the washer, chill out at balcony while you wait.:banghead:

the 1 bed room even worst. Got H/S , Balcony and planter.
Washing machine located @ Balcony :doh:

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2971/Images/floor_typeC.jpg

bargain hunter
08-04-09, 15:18
Guess what, the wardrobe is in the bomb shelter for the 1 bedder! Now they can market the bomb shelter as a walk in wardrobe! :doh:

bargain hunter
08-04-09, 15:30
Again, like the 1 bedroom, the bomb shelter is a walk-in wardrobe for the Mrs.

Toilet 2 near dinning area, 2 balconies, lots n lots of Bay window and planters. Master room wield layout-angel point out, bdrm 3 too small. Why is there a HS at master room? 2 A/C ledge??? I give up

cheahsg
08-04-09, 21:31
1700psf for 4xx to 6 xx sqft units? How much for sub sale must it sells to get a good return? 2000psf? No way for this project!

Tomorrow is the VIP preview and heard is going to be a sellout project. Looking at the floorplan and the price... hmmm :tsk-tsk:

franzmark
08-04-09, 23:07
But the door for the bomb shelter is heavy and it opens outwards and most walkin closets have sliding doors, so how does that work out? Unless the bomb shelter door is permanently left open and latched to the wall and a mirror or some ornament placed at the back of the door to give people the impression that it is not a bomb shelter, otherwise i don't see how it can work...

Guess what, the wardrobe is in the bomb shelter for the 1 bedder! Now they can market the bomb shelter as a walk in wardrobe! :doh:

franzmark
08-04-09, 23:13
I must say for 441sf, the design is ingenious (bomb shelter as warbrobe and washing machine at the balcony). for some condos, the bomb shelter is even more oddly located.

The picture illustrates it. Put your clothes in the washer, chill out at balcony while you wait.:banghead:

xtink
08-04-09, 23:24
why didn't they think of redesigning the HS as a 2nd bedroom or study room? then can also sell off the unit as 1+1 or 2 bedroom? :)

august
08-04-09, 23:57
Tomorrow is the VIP preview and heard is going to be a sellout project. Looking at the floorplan and the price... hmmm :tsk-tsk:

i will give the preview a miss and visit the new Tampines 1 mall instead :smiling-jap:

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 00:44
Looks like you will need to go for the VVIP preview tomorrow to find out :) . Maybe they will remove the bomb shelter door and keep it somewhere.

"But the door for the bomb shelter is heavy and it opens outwards and most walkin closets have sliding doors, so how does that work out? Unless the bomb shelter door is permanently left open and latched to the wall and a mirror or some ornament placed at the back of the door to give people the impression that it is not a bomb shelter, otherwise i don't see how it can work... "

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 00:49
there are no windows in the bomb shelter, so can't make it into a bedroom or study. wardrobe is already a first already. I have never seen a wardrobe in a bomb shelter before.

why didn't they think of redesigning the HS as a 2nd bedroom or study room? then can also sell off the unit as 1+1 or 2 bedroom? :)

gfoo
09-04-09, 00:50
unless they do not include bay windows, planters etc as livable space, then i believe.

look at the 2 bedder. my own 2 bedder is far bigger sqft wise, but already i find it super cramped.

something is really wrong with the drawings, or at least the scale of the furniture.

one thing i've learnt - it always looks far far bigger on paper

mr funny
09-04-09, 07:05
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,327604,00.html?

Published April 9, 2009

Two more projects coming onstream

High-end Illuminaire launches this week; HDB's The Peak hits the market April 15

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) EL Development will launch its high-end condominium Illuminaire along Devonshire Road this weekend.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-04-09/BT_IMAGES_UMPROP9.jpg
The Peak: The project is expected to be about two to two-and -a- half times subscribed by the time applications close

Apartments in the 72-unit project will be priced at an average of $1,700 per sq ft.

But because they are small - the entire development consists of one-bedroom and two-bedroom units - the overall quantum buyers will have to fork out will be kept low, said the company's managing director Lim Yew Soon.

One-bedroom units, which will be 441 sq ft or 463 sq ft, will all cost less than $800,000, Mr Lim said.

And all two-bedroom apartments, which will be 635 sq ft or 721 sq ft, will sell for under $1.25 million.

EL Development decided to go ahead with the launch as 'we cannot wait indefinitely', Mr Lim said. 'We feel the market is slowly moving now.'

Analysts say an estimated 2,100-plus new homes were sold in Q1 - the highest number since the market was hit by the US mortgage crisis in the last quarter of 2007 and more than four times the number of new units sold in Q4 2008.

Despite a pick-up in transactions, luxury apartments are not selling well. Mr Lim said the reason is that most are quite big, which means the amount needed to buy one is quite high. The small units in Illuminaire are 'more affordable', he said.

Also on the market soon will be HDB's design, build and sell project The Peak @ Toa Payoh. A consortium led by Hoi Hup Realty will launch the 1,203-unit project on April 15.

Homes in The Peak will sell for $500-$510 psf on average, said a spokesman for the consortium, which includes Sunway Developments and Hoi Hup JV Development, whose shareholders include Straits Construction and Hoi Hup Realty.

The consortium bought the site from the state for $198.82 million, or $160 per sq ft per plot ratio, in August 2008.

Most flats in The Peak - 802 of them - will be five-room units. There will also be 306 four-room flats and 95 three-room flats. Prices will be 'affordable', the spokesman said.

Three-room units will cost from $355,000 to $398,000, four-room units from $468,000 to $582,000 and five-room units from $539,000 to $698,000. There will also be about 24 'exclusive' five-room units costing from $700,000 to $722,000.

The spokesman said the project is expected to be about two to two-and-a-half times subscribed by the time applications close on April 28.

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 11:26
the trick is to make bedroom 2 super small...when u see the real unit, it will probably be outrageously tiny, then minus 1 toilet, in the end the liveable area is very small while the balconies and planters are comparatively too high a proportion.

unless they do not include bay windows, planters etc as livable space, then i believe.

look at the 2 bedder. my own 2 bedder is far bigger sqft wise, but already i find it super cramped.

something is really wrong with the drawings, or at least the scale of the furniture.

one thing i've learnt - it always looks far far bigger on paper

b&j
09-04-09, 12:27
I think this project is a real good investment.

franzmark
09-04-09, 13:00
Admore2 has dropped to 1700psf which is a better investment. only problem is cheapest ardmore 2 condo cost millions as the units are big

Acer
09-04-09, 13:09
anyone came back from the showflat ?

comments?

price?

franzmark
09-04-09, 13:24
buy at 1700psf sure huat....reason that property is cyclical. i know of a millionaire developer (office in taka) already starting to snap up properties in town....

b&j
09-04-09, 14:11
Admore2 has dropped to 1700psf which is a better investment. only problem is cheapest ardmore 2 condo cost millions as the units are big
My friend is still at the showflat now. I was told tat e it was v v crowded. Abt 90% of 1 bedder already taken up.

Acer
09-04-09, 14:13
how much are they selling?

b&j
09-04-09, 14:31
how much are they selling?
Looking at ard 1800psf I tink.

Acer
09-04-09, 14:34
OMG tat 1800psf , ppl also buy where they can get s@C at a slight lower price

with such a lousy layout ppl still buy....

mayb ppl r like tat , c ppl buy , they buy

with a bomb shelther in the unit also ppl buy
:confused:

proud owner
09-04-09, 14:42

ever been to a hawker centre .. see a particular stall queue long long and say to yourself .. the FOOD MUST BE GOOD ??

unfortunately thats singaporeans .....

the stall next door can be just as good ... and you see foreigners buying from there ...

xtink
09-04-09, 15:02
stack 2 and 3 fully sold

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 15:19
suites at central cannot get 1 bedroom for < 800k, nor 2 bedrooms at < 1.25m so pple just jump in for this project. Maybe the interest absorption scheme and low 20% deposit quantum also plays a part while they wait for the project to TOP. I'd prefer s@c anytime.

"One-bedroom units, which will be 441 sq ft or 463 sq ft, will all cost less than $800,000, Mr Lim said.

And all two-bedroom apartments, which will be 635 sq ft or 721 sq ft, will sell for under $1.25 million."

b&j
09-04-09, 16:02

Well, if it is really tat lousy, dun tink it will be swept out so fast....:scared-1:

b&j
09-04-09, 16:03
stack 2 and 3 fully sold
Yup. Stack 4 going fast as well. :scared-3:

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 17:32
any new updates? stacks 2,3,4 fully sold? its amazing, but there always seems to be constant demand for these tiny units, i don't know why. Mercury, Alexis and a whole bunch of them at Wilkie/Spohia/Mckenzie roads and another bunch near little india, all sold well by huttons regardless of market conditions.

Yup. Stack 4 going fast as well. :scared-3:

nusnam
09-04-09, 17:38
Although i'd never buy this property (too cramp for my liking), i think many people see this as a potential to invest when the psf eventually goes up to 2k+.. other than that, i cannot fathom any locals actually staying there.

xtink
09-04-09, 18:09
have we missed the boat or are the buyers buying w/o thinking? :beats-me-man:

爱屋及乌
09-04-09, 19:38
where peoples greedy , you should fear. When peoples fear you should be greedy.

bargain hunter
09-04-09, 22:17
there will still be bargains around so don't worry about missing the boat. As to who are the buyers and why they are buying, its hard to guess. I can't even imagine foreigners wanting to rent such units.

august
09-04-09, 22:34

i'm happy to miss this boat :spliff:

franzmark
09-04-09, 22:34
the prices will surely shoot up to 2k psf just a matter of time. I will buy it at 1700psf if i have the mula as it is hard for the price in such an area nt to go up. Remember people buying zion rd's zenith and novenas soleil at 1700psf so wat u think of a unit in heart of shopping district will fetch next time?
there will still be bargains around so don't worry about missing the boat. As to who are the buyers and why they are buying, its hard to guess. I can't even imagine foreigners wanting to rent such units.

b&j
09-04-09, 23:05
any new updates? stacks 2,3,4 fully sold? its amazing, but there always seems to be constant demand for these tiny units, i don't know why. Mercury, Alexis and a whole bunch of them at Wilkie/Spohia/Mckenzie roads and another bunch near little india, all sold well by huttons regardless of market conditions.
I went down to join e crowd juz nw. When I arrived at 5.30pm, there were only 5 units left. Level 2,3,4 left....:eek:

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 00:29
wah, so hot! 72 units, cleared out 67 units in 1 day?!

I went down to join e crowd juz nw. When I arrived at 5.30pm, there were only 5 units left. Level 2,3,4 left....:eek:

Starry
10-04-09, 00:36
wah, so hot! 72 units, cleared out 67 units in 1 day?!

Seriously such a gd deal meh?

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 00:52
I have no idea, but small units simply can find their own fans.

Seriously such a gd deal meh?

franzmark
10-04-09, 03:01
small unit buyers are usually small players who dont want to be left out by the big boys. It gives average folks a chance to rub shoulders with the ultra rich who spend money snapping up million dollar ptys in town like buying grocery.
I have no idea, but small units simply can find their own fans.

爱屋及乌
10-04-09, 08:13
if u compare the price , it does not really cheaper than surrounding units. But the response is so different simply because of :

(1) Quantum is small compare to the surrounding
(2) Buying for future. the unit only be ready in 2-3 years down the road. Market "may" recover by then.
(3) Interest absorbtion scheme allow buyer to fork out only 20%
(4) It is brand new.

b&j
10-04-09, 14:18
if u compare the price , it does not really cheaper than surrounding units. But the response is so different simply because of :

(1) Quantum is small compare to the surrounding
(2) Buying for future. the unit only be ready in 2-3 years down the road. Market "may" recover by then.
(3) Interest absorbtion scheme allow buyer to fork out only 20%
(4) It is brand new.

Bingo! In e long run, this is a really good property to get. :spliff:

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 15:22
So are there any units left?

Bingo! In e long run, this is a really good property to get. :spliff:

cartman
10-04-09, 16:16
there might be some returned units eventually ;)

Acer
10-04-09, 20:42
So are there any units left?
went down this afternoon,
left 2 bedroom, #02-xx, #03-xx and #04-xx
3 unit left

the agent told me that the H/S door can be remove.
Can mah??:confused:

august
10-04-09, 21:30
3 unit left

of cos can.. you wan to remove is entirely up to u :)

kal
10-04-09, 21:40
Can. some condo developer even replaced by sliding door already..

Acer
10-04-09, 21:51
of cos can.. you wan to remove is entirely up to u :)

I found this
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/RENO_GUIDEBOOK/$file/SCDFGuide.pdf

it say
no removing of the door

or this only for HDB?

franzmark
10-04-09, 22:25
then wouldnt it defeat the purpose of the bomb shelter if the door is removed? I think it is illegal. It would be nuts for SCDF to say that it is okay for the doors to be removed when they were the ones that came up with the full design for the bomb shelter...

Can. some condo developer even replaced by sliding door already..

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 22:31
i heard agents saying that for other projects before as well but I would think you would still need to place it inside the H/S right?! :eek:

3 unit left

Acer
10-04-09, 22:35
i heard agents saying that for other projects before as well but I would think you would still need to place it inside the H/S right?! :eek:

base on what the agent told us.
She say.. can remove the door and keep 1 side.
When u want to sell , just put the door back.

It sound to me.
The door is required to be there or else why she say sell that time, put the door back?

franzmark
10-04-09, 22:36
agents would say anything to get the deal thru...thought you already know that

It sound to me.
The door is required to be there or else why she say sell that time, put the door back?

Acer
10-04-09, 22:39
agents would say anything to get the deal thru...thought you already know that

that's why i come in to clarify what the agent say

franzmark
10-04-09, 22:42
i even heard agents saying before that living room can be extended out to the balcony to create more living space. i was thinking, huh???

that's why i come in to clarify what the agent say

bargain hunter
10-04-09, 23:52
yup, and the most viable place to keep that door would be in the H/S. Geez, so much for a stylish walk-in wardrobe.

It sound to me.

DW
11-04-09, 01:00
then wouldnt it defeat the purpose of the bomb shelter if the door is removed? I think it is illegal. It would be nuts for SCDF to say that it is okay for the doors to be removed when they were the ones that came up with the full design for the bomb shelter...

Please can I check if it is still a requirement to have bomb shelters in the new condos, for developers whom might be applying for permits going forward. I understand there was this bomb shelter requirement during certain earlier years but it appears it is no longer a requirement now.

Please could anyone in the industry, or have direct relevant experience in this field of work, to provide some comments or to share?

gfoo
11-04-09, 01:18
If one is able to fork out 1800psf, just dump the door and transform the HS to whatever u want it to be. Worse come to worse, if new owner demands the door, how much can it be? I doubt its more than a grand or two. What is bca or scdf going to do - apply for a warrant and search every home to ensure compliance?

franzmark
11-04-09, 02:30
it is not bout whether scdf know or not just that nobody who pays so much for a house wants to run foul with the law in any way. Ur post shows yet another typical singaporean mentality (u think u got money can drive even the ghost away). Very very wrong thinking...
If one is able to fork out 1800psf, just dump the door and transform the HS to whatever u want it to be. Worse come to worse, if new owner demands the door, how much can it be? I doubt its more than a grand or two. What is bca or scdf going to do - apply for a warrant and search every home to ensure compliance?

cartman
11-04-09, 02:59
as with all things, you can do anything you want but don't get caught :D

gfoo
11-04-09, 09:56
it is not bout whether scdf know or not just that nobody who pays so much for a house wants to run foul with the law in any way. Ur post shows yet another typical singaporean mentality (u think u got money can drive even the ghost away). Very very wrong thinking...

Awwwww, you poor thing, did i hit a raw nerve?

august
11-04-09, 09:58
Awwwww, you poor thing, did i hit a raw nerve?

i think u did, heehee :o

gfoo
11-04-09, 10:15
Lol. Forget about this fella, he belongs in the same camp as rapister. His posts and inclinations already show the strata he's in, much less his bias - too bad he goes about showing em in a crass manner.

cheerful
11-04-09, 11:09
Please can I check if it is still a requirement to have bomb shelters in the new condos, for developers whom might be applying for permits going forward. I understand there was this bomb shelter requirement during certain earlier years but it appears it is no longer a requirement now.

Please could anyone in the industry, or have direct relevant experience in this field of work, to provide some comments or to share?

It appears that those newer launches don't have this requirement .... heard it's for project plans submitted after 2007 (dunno exactly when). E.g. those condos with smaller units don't 've bomb shelters (Alexis).
Regulations & guidelines change with times ... this year they've done so with planter boxes, bay windows, etc.
:2cents:

franzmark
11-04-09, 15:03
yah u have a lot of crass for telling the world that hdb flats are overpriced n selling ur east coast hdb flat at overprice to a young couple (arent u slapping ur own mouth by making that self confession? Lol). I think forumers can judge wat kind of strata u r in, pseudo rich... Hit on my raw nerve? Of course not, with ur level of intellect n crass...
Lol. Forget about this fella, he belongs in the same camp as rapister. His posts and inclinations already show the strata he's in, much less his bias - too bad he goes about showing em in a crass manner.

gfoo
11-04-09, 15:49
Lol you're obviously not getting the point and its useless educating the likes of you. i am not rich. But neither are you anywhere close in status. Crawl back to the boondogs where u belong, no one's going to even trust you to fill up their petrol

teddybear
11-04-09, 20:18
As far as I know, it is no longer a requirement to have bomb shelter in each individual house. However, in such case, the developer can shift bomb shelter to some amenities within the condo development (like underground park area). As such, who will really care what you do with your own bomb shelter's door?

franzmark
11-04-09, 20:42
Self contradicting nuthead, i think this place is beyond your intellect so go find another forum to contradict yourself again. I do not think you would even qualify for a position as a security guard at my new condominium in the central coz you lack the mental faculties to even understand the purpose of a bomb shelter. :doh: :doh:

Lol you're obviously not getting the point and its useless educating the likes of you. i am not rich. But neither are you anywhere close in status. Crawl back to the boondogs where u belong, no one's going to even trust you to fill up their petrol

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 21:09

That's becos they have it somewhere else in the condo devt

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 21:11
Hmm... not to take any sides as I didn't follow the exchange... but I believe the correct spelling is boondocks.

franzmark
11-04-09, 21:13
Developers can either choose to locate the bomb shelters outside the units on each floor (common shelter) or have individual ones in the units.

That's becos they have it somewhere else in the condo devt

gfoo
11-04-09, 21:28
Hmm... not to take any sides as I didn't follow the exchange... but I believe the correct spelling is boondocks.
Used 'dogs' for implied emphasis.

franzmark
11-04-09, 21:34
gfoo has the intellect the size of a peanut, so save ur effort educating him and leave it to his primary school teacher...

august
11-04-09, 21:54
Self contradicting nuthead, i think this place is beyond your intellect so go find another forum to contradict yourself again. I do not think you would even qualify for a position as a security guard at my new condominium in the central coz you lack the mental faculties to even understand the purpose of a bomb shelter. :doh: :doh:
err.. care to share where your "new condominium in the central" is? :confused:
i mean your tone make it sound like it's some big deal, so i shan't disappoint u by not asking where it is ... :o

franzmark
11-04-09, 23:33
where i live or am going to live is no big deal unless gfoo is interestd in becoming a security guard there then i may decide to put in a word to the security agency to have him hired as a guard there b4 TOP in 2011. But again he will definitely fail his security tests, so why shud i bother in e 1st place.
err.. care to share where your "new condominium in the central" is? :confused:
i mean your tone make it sound like it's some big deal, so i shan't disappoint u by not asking where it is ... :o

august
11-04-09, 23:40
where i live or am going to live is no big deal unless gfoo is interestd in becoming a security guard there then i may decide to put in a word to the security agency to have him hired as a guard there b4 TOP in 2011. But again he will definitely fail his security tests, so why shud i bother in e 1st place.
but in e 1st place u the one who brought it up mah :o

say lah.. since u say no big deal mah

franzmark
11-04-09, 23:45
u interested in working for the development as well?
but in e 1st place u the one who brought it up mah :o

say lah.. since u say no big deal mah

august
11-04-09, 23:52
u interested in working for the development as well?

see which development lor.. say lah :o

franzmark
12-04-09, 00:21
haha say out so u can criticise? I wont do that. All i can say is mre than 150 happy households will move into e condo upon top
see which development lor.. say lah :o

august
12-04-09, 00:28
haha say out so u can criticise? I wont do that. All i can say is mre than 150 happy households will move into e condo upon top

criticise? aiyo why so negative leh ... tsk tsk tsk :o

franzmark
12-04-09, 08:11
Coz you have this tendency to do so...
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/taunt005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

criticise? aiyo why so negative leh ... tsk tsk tsk :o

august
12-04-09, 10:34
Coz you have this tendency to do so...
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/taunt005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

only to those who can't take criticism ~ hee :o

hv a nice weekend :sleep:

Geylang OKT
12-04-09, 21:28
:luke-and-darth:

home-run
12-04-09, 21:35
hi guys i guess can call an end to this thread liao lah....last unit #02-01 for illuminaire was sold this morning =) 100% sold out in 3 days preview.

next upcoming projs...the bellerive @ keng chin & Mt Sophia suites :spliff:
keen to find out more can email me @ [email protected]

Cheers to all...mkt sentiment is really improving...6 units in rv suites sold today...balance last 12 units~~:cheers6:

franzmark
13-04-09, 00:39
Great! Let us now wait for desperate sales at 1500psf b4 TOP.
hi guys i guess can call an end to this thread liao lah....last unit #02-01 for illuminaire was sold this morning =) 100% sold out in 3 days preview.

Cheers to all...mkt sentiment is really improving...6 units in rv suites sold today...balance last 12 units~~:cheers6:

Acer
13-04-09, 09:17
Has anyone in this thread bought a unit?
If yes , would appreciate if you can give ur honest comment on why u wana buy?

To us , my view is on this project sucks...
1) why developer wans to built a HS in the middle to the room?
wat is their true implication? no one knws

2) When we went to the showflat, you know why the bed was custom make to round in shape.
Cos with a super single, with the HS door in, I think you cant really open the door wide .It maybe block by the bed

3) showflat is alway make to the best outlook to viewer.
When you want to sell, if buyer make a comment eerrrrr why the hS is built in the middle of the unit....you cant explain

I understand now is not a must to built a HS in the unit.if yes , then why RV , mecury , Alexis , Kebambang suits are not built with a HS ?

I do not deny the location is superb.Im sure once the place is built , price around the area will go down.

Of course , buying a properties is personal.I just wana know the reasons

franzmark
13-04-09, 12:56
I am not a buyer there, but isnt the reason for the buying obvious. They are mainly speculators who await the price to pick up in the central so they are those who don't want to miss the wave..

2) When we went to the showflat, you know why the bed was custom make to round in shape.
Cos with a super single, with the HS door in, I think you cant really open the door wide .It maybe block by the bed

When you want to sell, if buyer make a comment eerrrrr why the hS is built in the middle of the unit....you cant explain

I understand now is not a must to built a HS in the unit.if yes , then why RV , mecury , Alexis , Kebambang suits are not built with a HS ?

I do not deny the location is superb.Im sure once the place is built , price around the area will go down.

cheahsg
13-04-09, 14:39

US directs GM to prep for bankruptcy filing-NY Times

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:08:00 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters ) -

The U.S. Treasury Department is directing General Motors GM.N to lay the groundwork for a bankruptcy filing by June 1, even though the automaker has publicly stated it could reorganize outside of court, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

GM is operating under emergency U.S. government loans. It has been told by the Obama administration's task force overseeing its bailout that it must cut costs and reduce its debts in order to continue to receive aid.

The White House-appointed autos task force has given GM 60 days to come up with a restructuring plan and it is trying to determine whether the automaker can be a viable company.

Quoting sources who had been briefed on the GM plans, the Times said the goal was to prepare for a fast "surgical" bankruptcy.

The newspaper said preparations are aimed at assuring a GM bankruptcy filing is ready if the company is unable to reach agreement with bondholders to exchange roughly $28 billion in debt into equity in GM and with the United Automobile Workers union.

A plan under consideration would create a new company that would buy the "good" assets of GM after the carmaker files for bankruptcy, the Times said.

Less desirable assets, including unwanted brands, factories and health care obligations, would be left in the old company, which could be liquidated over several years, according to the paper.

Treasury officials are examining one potential outcome in which the viable GM enters and exits bankruptcy protection in as little as two weeks, using $5 billion to $7 billion in federal financing, a person briefed on the matter told the Times.

The Times sources declined to be identified because they were not authorized to discuss the process. Both GM and Treasury Department officials declined to comment, the newspaper said.

Last week, GM's chief executive said the automaker wanted to restructure out of court, but also preparing for a bankruptcy filing.

franzmark
13-04-09, 23:39
GM......Illuminaire......what is the link?

US directs GM to prep for bankruptcy filing-NY Times

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:08:00 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters ) -

The U.S. Treasury Department is directing General Motors GM.N to lay the groundwork for a bankruptcy filing by June 1, even though the automaker has publicly stated it could reorganize outside of court, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

GM is operating under emergency U.S. government loans. It has been told by the Obama administration's task force overseeing its bailout that it must cut costs and reduce its debts in order to continue to receive aid.

The White House-appointed autos task force has given GM 60 days to come up with a restructuring plan and it is trying to determine whether the automaker can be a viable company.

Quoting sources who had been briefed on the GM plans, the Times said the goal was to prepare for a fast "surgical" bankruptcy.

The newspaper said preparations are aimed at assuring a GM bankruptcy filing is ready if the company is unable to reach agreement with bondholders to exchange roughly $28 billion in debt into equity in GM and with the United Automobile Workers union.

A plan under consideration would create a new company that would buy the "good" assets of GM after the carmaker files for bankruptcy, the Times said.

Less desirable assets, including unwanted brands, factories and health care obligations, would be left in the old company, which could be liquidated over several years, according to the paper.

Treasury officials are examining one potential outcome in which the viable GM enters and exits bankruptcy protection in as little as two weeks, using $5 billion to $7 billion in federal financing, a person briefed on the matter told the Times.

The Times sources declined to be identified because they were not authorized to discuss the process. Both GM and Treasury Department officials declined to comment, the newspaper said.

Last week, GM's chief executive said the automaker wanted to restructure out of court, but also preparing for a bankruptcy filing.

xtink
13-04-09, 23:41
to remind people dark clouds are still lingering around...:rolleyes:

franzmark
13-04-09, 23:46
dark clouds always looming in the skies, but one thing is certain, the land below the clouds in singapore will always remain unchanged in terms of size (plus minus a few tens of square kilometres due to land reclamation).

mr funny
14-04-09, 12:58
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,327939-1239479940,00.html?

Published April 11, 2009

Surprise all round as buyers snap up units at Illuminaire

3 units left after previews began on Thursday

By UMA SHANKARI

NINETY-SIX per cent of units in the freehold luxury condominium Illuminaire on Devonshire have been sold at an average price of $1,700 per sq ft since previews started on Thursday, developer EL Development said yesterday.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-04-11/BT_IMAGES_UMSALE11.jpg
SMALL IS GOOD
The freehold District 9 condominium consists entirely of one- and two-bedroom apartments

By 5pm yesterday just three units were left in the 72-unit, 19-storey project. They were all on lower floors, said the company's managing director Lim Yew Soon.

The quick sales took many - including Mr Lim - by surprise. 'We are a bit surprised at the results,' he said. 'We were expecting it to be about 50 per cent sold.'

While transaction volumes picked up in the first quarter of the year, most activity has been in the mass market segment.

CB Richard Ellis put the take-up of new homes in Q1 at between 2,000 and 2,200 units - the highest since Q3 2007. But no new high-end project was launched in Q1.

Analysts, as well as Mr Lim, attributed the success of Illuminaire to the small size of the units, which means the absolute amount a buyer had to fork out was not as much as with bigger units.

The project consists entirely of one- and two-bedroom apartments. One-bedroom units, which are 441 sq ft or 463 sq ft, all cost less than $800,000. And all the two-bedroom apartments, which are 635 sq ft or 721 sq ft, sold for under $1.25 million.

Small units are proving popular in the current downturn. In Q1, for example, shoe-box units in city-fringe locations were snapped up. Projects such as Alexis, Nova 88 and The Mercury sold well, at prices ranging between $900 psf and $1,200 psf for unit sizes of 340 sq ft to 750 sq ft. Most of these units were sold at an absolute quantum of less than $600,000.

The quick sales at Illuminaire could be due to investors wanting to own a property in prime District 9 without paying too much upfront, said Nicholas Mak, director of research and consultancy at Knight Frank.

'Traditionally, it has always been hard to find anything in District 9 for less than $1.3 million,' he said. 'With this project, investors had the opportunity. I won't say this points to a recovery in the high-end market.'

Most of the buyers at Illuminaire were Singaporeans or permanent residents, Mr Lim said.

EL Development offered buyers an interest absorption scheme. Illuminaire is expected to receive its temporary occupation permit by Q1 2012 at the latest, Mr Lim said.

The project was marketed by Huttons Asia.

teddybear
14-04-09, 13:47
Also, does anybody know what are all those structures on top of the SingTel building nearby? Are those radio transmitters, repeaters, or? I never like living so close to such strong radio transmitting devices like this (or the big satellite dish etc). There are already reports that putting a handphone (which is a micro-radio transmitter & receiver by the way) to the ear for too long is not good, what about putting such mega-transmitters close to us for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year? I never like the thought and the feeling. Any electronic engineering expert can comment?

nusnam
14-04-09, 14:55
dark clouds always looming in the skies, but one thing is certain, the land below the clouds in singapore will always remain unchanged in terms of size (plus minus a few tens of square kilometres due to land reclamation).

I guess Cheahsg posted that GM article because homerun was saying "mkt sentiment is really improving..." which is not exactly true because it's still very much a period of uncertainty.

franzmark
14-04-09, 15:33
As the saying goes, buy when others fear, fear when others start buying....:D

I guess Cheahsg posted that GM article because homerun was saying "mkt sentiment is really improving..." which is not exactly true because it's still very much a period of uncertainty.

stalingrad
14-04-09, 15:53
As the saying goes, buy when others fear, fear when others start buying....:D

But do others really fear? I don't think so. Not with so many buying with abandonment.

But who are we to question why those that buy buy. if they want to commit financial suicide and be declared a bankrupt, let them do it. Who are we to stop them.

the way I see it, the more people buy, the more will default on their loans, the more danger the banks will be put in. When banks can no longer lend, the market will crash, then we can pick up some real bargains.

nusnam
14-04-09, 16:16
the way I see it, the more people buy, the more will default on their loans, the more danger the banks will be put in. When banks can no longer lend, the market will crash, then we can pick up some real bargains.

same here.. i hope the recent buying spree at new launches is just a cover up for the declining market and then the 'real' bargains start popping up..

*rub hands*

:cheers6:

stalingrad
14-04-09, 16:33
same here.. i hope the recent buying spree at new launches is just a cover up for the declining market and then the 'real' bargains start popping up..

*rub hands*

:cheers6:

I am sure the government is watching with concern that so many people are buying these chicken coop units. government is worried not because it worries about the buyers suffering losses in the future. it couldn't care less if these morons buy with abandonment. It worries about the health of the banks.

teddybear
14-04-09, 16:39
However, if we see it in another way, because they are buying these small units at very affordable prices in absolute value term (mostly below $1m), don't think many can't afford (they can be considered prudent in another sense in that they are just buying a $1m home & not $2m or $3m or more?). By a rule of thumb, to afford a property of $1m, the purchaser just need a household income of $8k and above (of which more than 20% of household in Singapore can afford anyway).

But do others really fear? I don't think so. Not with so many buying with abandonment.

But who are we to question why those that buy buy. if they want to commit financial suicide and be declared a bankrupt, let them do it. Who are we to stop them.

stalingrad
14-04-09, 16:53
However, if we see it in another way, because they are buying these small units at very affordable prices in absolute value term (mostly below $1m), don't think many can't afford (they can be considered prudent in another sense in that they are just buying a $1m home & not $2m or $3m or more?). By a rule of thumb, to afford a property of $1m, the purchaser just need a household income of $8k and above (of which more than 20% of household in Singapore can afford anyway).

When recession deepens, how many of these chicken poop buyers will be able to pay back the loans after they lose their jobs. economic growth is now in the double digit negative territory. Many jobs will be shed, and many will not be able to pay back loans. and foreclosures will soar.

cartman
14-04-09, 17:43

oh well, another one of your subtle ways to convince others its ok to buy such overpriced properties :doh: if $8K household income is all that is needed to buy a 1 million property, many of us could have easily bought a couple. but the reality is its not true! the cost of living in singapore is not low. already at $8K/mth ceiling, some couples claim they can barely afford hdb flats!

bottomline, what you are advocating is very risky for such borderline folks to commit to million dollar homes and leave them no room to manoeuvre in these uncertain times. should any lose their job or suffer a paycut, it may result in a firesale and financial ruin for them.

franzmark
14-04-09, 23:42
if these chicken coop buyers cant afford the monthly mortgage, the solution for them is simple, just rent out their units. there wont be difficulty for them to find tenants working in town especially when they wont mind paying more for rental just to stay away from the mad morning rush hour every day. i think these buyers must have done some serious research before they snap up the units.

Party
15-04-09, 01:29
if these chicken coop buyers cant afford the monthly mortgage, the solution for them is simple, just rent out their units. there wont be difficulty for them to find tenants working in town especially when they wont mind paying more for rental just to stay away from the mad morning rush hour every day. i think these buyers must have done some serious research before they snap up the units.

Good answer, as far as i am concern buyer still got 3 years to play around before TOP..... i am no crystal ball but i tink the economy will step up by then.......

franzmark
15-04-09, 01:55
3 years or no 3 years, i think these buyers have nothing to lose. i could have dumped my money in a mickey mouse unit in this project, but my philosophy of buying a condo is to always buy a place where there is a possiblility of me living in it. for me 4xxsf is really too small for me to even consider living in it. what more, the funny looking bomb shelter as a talking piece in the middle of the living room is another turn off for me...

Good answer, as far as i am concern buyer still got 3 years to play around before TOP..... i am no crystal ball but i tink the economy will step up by then.......

stalingrad
15-04-09, 09:38

yes, if can rent them out if they can find tenants. But can they find tenants willing and able to pay the high rent after TOP? Even today, many high end condos cannot find enough tenants to fill the units. How do you know economy is going to recover in three years' time? Even if the economy improves, there is no guarantee that there will be enough expats in town to provide sufficient demand to keep the rent high.

As Paul Krugman said, this is going to be an L shaped recession.

Acer
15-04-09, 10:45
To all buyer of Illuminaire project at Devonshire road and has the intention to remove the HD door or hutton agent said those door can be remove and keep and put it back when you wana sell

Here is the extract from SCDF

Under Civil Defence Shelter Act 1997
http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_retrieve.pl?actno=REVED-42A&doctitle=CIVIL%20DEFENCE%20SHELTER%20ACT%0A&date=latest&method=part&sl=1 (http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_retrieve.pl?actno=REVED-42A&doctitle=CIVIL%20DEFENCE%20SHELTER%20ACT%0A&date=latest&method=part&sl=1)

the owner or occupier of such house, flat, building or part thereof —
(i) shall not carry out therein, or permit another person to carry out therein, any repair or alteration, or anything else, which is likely to damage or otherwise impair the efficient use of the household or storey shelter as such, except with the written permission of the Commissioner and subject to such conditions as the Commissioner thinks fit;(ii) shall maintain the household or storey shelter in accordance with the regulations and such other directions as the Commissioner may give from time to time; and(iii) shall carry out such works for the maintenance, alteration or improvement of the household or storey shelter or for the installation of any equipment therein as the Commissioner may, from time to time, by writing require.(2) Any person who fails to comply with this section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $250 for every day or part thereof during which the offence continues after conviction

Good luck....

franzmark
15-04-09, 13:47
Those who buy the mickey mouse units at $750000 don't need to collect high rental. $2500 a month would give them 4% rental yield which is quite modest. Anything higher than that is a bonus....

yes, if can rent them out if they can find tenants. But can they find tenants willing and able to pay the high rent after TOP? Even today, many high end condos cannot find enough tenants to fill the units. How do you know economy is going to recover in three years' time? Even if the economy improves, there is no guarantee that there will be enough expats in town to provide sufficient demand to keep the rent high.

As Paul Krugman said, this is going to be an L shaped recession.

teddybear
15-04-09, 23:47
Since when did I ask people to buy "overpriced properties"? How do you define "overpriced"? Overpriced to you doesn't mean it is overpriced to others. Many of these people who bought your so-called "overpriced properties" a few years ago in Orchard Road area have been laughing all the way to the bank. Since with S$1m property you can buy a couple, it means that the $1m property is cheap! Many people can easily afford! You thought many people are so much poorer than you that they can't afford a couple of such $1m properties? :banghead: I had also read in the newspaper that a couple earning $15k per month still have to run up credit card debts. I would be damned bloody stupid to believe that just because of this 1 couple, many others are also just like them and having to max out their credit cards even with $15k per month income.

oh well, another one of your subtle ways to convince others its ok to buy such overpriced properties :doh: if $8K household income is all that is needed to buy a 1 million property, many of us could have easily bought a couple. but the reality is its not true! the cost of living in singapore is not low. already at $8K/mth ceiling, some couples claim they can barely afford hdb flats!

bottomline, what you are advocating is very risky for such borderline folks to commit to million dollar homes and leave them no room to manoeuvre in these uncertain times. should any lose their job or suffer a paycut, it may result in a firesale and financial ruin for them.

franzmark
16-04-09, 00:27
cool it...illuminaire is a good buy for its sheer location so no worries....:)

Since when did I ask people to buy "overpriced properties"? How do you define "overpriced"? Overpriced to you doesn't mean it is overpriced to others. Many of these people who bought your so-called "overpriced properties" a few years ago in Orchard Road area have been laughing all the way to the bank. Since with S$1m property you can buy a couple, it means that the $1m property is cheap! Many people can easily afford! You thought many people are so much poorer than you that they can't afford a couple of such $1m properties? :banghead: I had also read in the newspaper that a couple earning $15k per month still have to run up credit card debts. I would be damned bloody stupid to believe that just because of this 1 couple, many others are also just like them and having to max out their credit cards even with $15k per month income.

cartman
16-04-09, 02:31

sure, keep asking those with only 8K/mth household income to commit to more million dollar properties...if not for your wonderful advice, how to have distress sales down the line? :rolleyes: fyi...other than you, i am the poorest here :D

teddybear
16-04-09, 10:46
I was just saying that it is possible to buy $1M properties with $8K/mth. Since when did I ask people to commit to "more million dollar properties" with 8K/mth household income. Please don't put your words into my mouth!:rolleyes:

Even the Government is also think so, if not, why set a rule of 8K/mth household income limit for HDB purchase and the new HDB price is not cheap nowaday (> $0.7M for the The Peak @ Toa Payoh !!):cheers1:

sure, keep asking those with only 8K/mth household income to commit to more million dollar properties...if not for your wonderful advice, how to have distress sales down the line? :rolleyes: fyi...other than you, i am the poorest here :D

august
16-04-09, 11:13
Even the Government is also think so, if not, why set a rule of 8K/mth household income limit for HDB purchase and the new HDB price is not cheap nowaday (> $0.7M for the The Peak @ Toa Payoh !!):cheers1:

this government thinks for its own pockets only ~ :spliff:

stalingrad
16-04-09, 11:32
I was just saying that it is possible to buy $1M properties with $8K/mth. Since when did I ask people to commit to "more million dollar properties" with 8K/mth household income. Please don't put your words into my mouth!:rolleyes:

I think it is silly to ask people who make a mere 8K per month to commit to million-dollar condos. what is 8K nowadays?

to buy a million-dollar condo and be able to sleep at night, one needs to make at least 300K per year, or 25k a month.

all those people who bought the llluminaire chicken coops are asking for trouble, if they don't make at least 15k per month. let them suffer. as I said, who are we to stop them to commit financial suicide.

stalingrad
16-04-09, 11:34
Unlike the US government, Singapopore government will not help those who cannot pay off their housing loans.

I expect many of those stupid morons who bought illuminaire to suffer tremendously next year, when the severity of the condo glut becomes clear.

franzmark
16-04-09, 13:25
i agree that with 8k a month income it is nothing these days. the papers commented that most buyers of illuminaire are either speculators or investors. i really cant envisage a young couple buying their first chicken coop property at illuminaire as a place that size makes one feel claustrophobic and would probably cause many new couples to end up quarrelling more in that kind of environment. buyers may or may not have the holding power, but who knows. i can be certain that when the property market picks up, these buyers would be among the first to cash out...let's wait and see who the suckers are down the road...:)

I think it is silly to ask people who make a mere 8K per month to commit to million-dollar condos. what is 8K nowadays?

to buy a million-dollar condo and be able to sleep at night, one needs to make at least 300K per year, or 25k a month.

all those people who bought the llluminaire chicken coops are asking for trouble, if they don't make at least 15k per month. let them suffer. as I said, who are we to stop them to commit financial suicide.

teddybear
16-04-09, 16:09
You are right. What is $8k per month income nowsdays? Precisely because of the money printing going on that people need to preserve their buying power. An investment in property is one of the best investment because land cannot grow (other than reclaimation but such land are usually not suitable for residential use and their soil & stone are still being bought from some other land).

To buy a $1m condo need $300k a year? May be that is true for you only?

Why you so sure those who bought llluminaire are committing financial suicide? It reminds me that previously people were also saying that those who bought prime luxury properties in 2003-2005 are idiots because of blah blah blah reasons but these somehow these "idiots" are laughing all the way to the bank! (The real "idiots" will become obvious only a few years now the road).

stalingrad
16-04-09, 17:11
You are right. What is $8k per month income nowsdays? Precisely because of the money printing going on that people need to preserve their buying power. An investment in property is one of the best investment because land cannot grow (other than reclaimation but such land are usually not suitable for residential use and their soil & stone are still being bought from some other land).

To buy a $1m condo need $300k a year? May be that is true for you only?

Why you so sure those who bought llluminaire are committing financial suicide? It reminds me that previously people were also saying that those who bought prime luxury properties in 2003-2005 are idiots because of blah blah blah reasons but these somehow these "idiots" are laughing all the way to the bank! (The real "idiots" will become obvious only a few years now the road).
Let me tell you why I am so sure. Those who bought in 2003-2005 bought at post-SARS prices, which represent very very low sentiments. When sentiments improve, they laughed all the way to the bank and rightfully so. Those that bought Illuminaire bought at peak prices and got a chicken coop units that may lose favors with tenants in the future. they are bound to lose a lot in 2010 when all the condos top and many condos go unoccupied. At that time, who want to pay 2k to 3k to rent a mouse hole in illuminaire. I bet the price of illuminaire will drop below 1000 psf. mark my words for it. I am the first one that predict this outcome.

teddybear
16-04-09, 21:24
Ha Ha Ha! It is interesting to see people make such confident predictions that Illuminaire will fall below $1000 psf! :scared-1: What if it didn't? Then you are spreading rumours right? (So much so about who is spreading rumours! :doh:)

Anyway, people can say anything they want as it won't cost them a single cent to do so. Listeners better beware of hidden agenda.

Let me tell you why I am so sure. Those who bought in 2003-2005 bought at post-SARS prices, which represent very very low sentiments. When sentiments improve, they laughed all the way to the bank and rightfully so. Those that bought Illuminaire bought at peak prices and got a chicken coop units that may lose favors with tenants in the future. they are bound to lose a lot in 2010 when all the condos top and many condos go unoccupied. At that time, who want to pay 2k to 3k to rent a mouse hole in illuminaire. I bet the price of illuminaire will drop below 1000 psf. mark my words for it. I am the first one that predict this outcome.

orange
16-04-09, 23:17
will u also be willing to chop off? like one of our bros here

cartman
16-04-09, 23:45

one moment claimed 8K/mth more than enough to afford million dollar home and the next claimed 8K/mth is nothing. then try to drag in the govt to justify your flip flop. you can twist and turn all you like, bottom line is you just want others to buy properties, regardless of their financial situation. if you are so confident about the value of properties under today's environment, why are you even here posting and not selling off your wife, house, car etc and pour the money into a few properties? :rolleyes:

teddybear
17-04-09, 00:08
Can you even read and understand simple English!:doh:
There is really nothing contradictory and no need to twist & turn. $8k/mth is enough to afford a $1m home. $8k/mth is really nothing much in Singapore because many Tom, Dick, and Harry also easily earn $8k or more month. Of course, $8K/mth is NOT enought to buy "Multi" million home.

Come on, making money also must have a life - only idiots will conceive the idea of selling wife & kids to make money! How do you know whether I had already invested in a few properties? This is what people call "dog eye see people low". :tongue3:

On the other hand, those who has not bought any private property will be spilling all sort of bad words and hoping that property price will collapse.:rolleyes:

one moment claimed 8K/mth more than enough to afford million dollar home and the next claimed 8K/mth is nothing. then try to drag in the govt to justify your flip flop. you can twist and turn all you like, bottom line is you just want others to buy properties, regardless of their financial situation. if you are so confident about the value of properties under today's environment, why are you even here posting and not selling off your wife, house, car etc and pour the money into a few properties? :rolleyes:

爱屋及乌
17-04-09, 00:48
no risk no gain. these 8K earner will be either become few hundred thousand richer or poorer in time to come.

franzmark
17-04-09, 02:51
if illuminaire can drop to below 1k psf then singapore must be in deep crisis. U r probably speaking ur dream rather than a possible reality.

teddybear
17-04-09, 08:04
I know that there are many out there that are still hoping and hoping to buy private property CHEAP CHEAP for flipping for enormous gains... Even then, many have the integrity not to made comments against their conscience and against what they truly believes. As such, we have to understand that these are their DREAMS. I even saw some forumers dreaming to buy Orchard area private property at $400 psf. :banghead:

if illuminaire can drop to below 1k psf then singapore must be in deep crisis. U r probably speaking ur dream rather than a possible reality.

franzmark
17-04-09, 09:26
it is ok to dream, but these people just have to remember to wake up...
I know that there are many out there that are still hoping and hoping to buy private property CHEAP CHEAP for flipping for enormous gains... Even then, many have the integrity not to made comments against their conscience and against what they truly believes. As such, we have to understand that these are their DREAMS. I even saw some forumers dreaming to buy Orchard area private property at $400 psf. :banghead:

stalingrad
17-04-09, 09:40
Enough is enough with this bullshit from the housing bulls. Do you morons know

(1) many units of the alexis have already been returned by the speculators to the developer, because they cannot flip?

(2) Do you know that expats are leaving singapore in droves, hence reducing demand for all kinds of condos, especially the chicken coop types

(3) do you know that there will be 38,000 plus condos topped in the next one to two years? And who are going to keep buying them to prop up the prices.

Yes, some of us are sour grapes, but most of us are not. We are just making a honest assessment, and doing you speculators a favor by warning you not to sell you wife and kids to satisfy your gambling need.

proud owner
17-04-09, 10:41

(1) many units of the alexis have already been returned by the speculators to the developer, because they cannot flip?

(2) Do you know that expats are leaving singapore in droves, hence reducing demand for all kinds of condos, especially the chicken coop types

(3) do you know that there will be 38,000 plus condos topped in the next one to two years? And who are going to keep buying them to prop up the prices.

Yes, some of us are sour grapes, but most of us are not. We are just making a honest assessment, and doing you speculators a favor by warning you not to sell you wife and kids to satisfy your gambling need.

i agree all 3 points ...

can i add 1 more ...

those remaining expats ...many are getting pay cuts ..
there are many expat tenants writing in to 'beg' for rental reduction.. and if unsuccessful ..they will down grade to smaller units ..
most expats almost always have a 'spare room' for visiting relatives and friends .. many are moving to smaller units ...

any agents here specialising in rental ? pls comment

my personal friend is an agent and this is what is happening now ...

there may not be a collapse in the prop mkt but a upswing is not likely ..more like a prolong flat to down move ... and over that time ..prices will have to adjust ... hence i agree with a few that 1500 psf for pigeon hold units is simply not sustainable ...

august
17-04-09, 11:48
saw some news about rental insurance getting popular ~

franzmark
17-04-09, 12:00
(1) Re Alexis, many is how many and with the size of the development, is alexis representative of entire mkt?

(2) Expats come and go. If many go, many will also come in to take the places of those who go, right?

(3) Most of those top'ing in the next 2 years have already been sold by developers during launch and soft launch.

Let me add one point, not everyone who buys a condo is thinking of flipping or making a profit. I for one have bought a condo to stay there with my wife to enjoy the fruits of our labour while keeping my HDB flat. In fact, I am looking to buy another condo so that i can rent out one of the condos and the HDB flat to cover for the instalment for the condo i am staying, effectively making the condo i am staying in almost free. My point is this, people buy condos for a number of reasons and there are always many ways to look at it. many condo residents are against the idea of enbloc even though they become rich instantly simply becoz life is too short to think about money all the time...

stalingrad
17-04-09, 13:09
(1) Re Alexis, many is how many and with the size of the development, is alexis representative of entire mkt?

(2) Expats come and go. If many go, many will also come in to take the places of those who go, right?

(3) Most of those top'ing in the next 2 years have already been sold by developers during launch and soft launch.

Let me add one point, not everyone who buys a condo is thinking of flipping or making a profit. I for one have bought a condo to stay there with my wife to enjoy the fruits of our labour while keeping my HDB flat. In fact, I am looking to buy another condo so that i can rent out one of the condos and the HDB flat to cover for the instalment for the condo i am staying, effectively making the condo i am staying in almost free. My point is this, people buy condos for a number of reasons and there are always many ways to look at it. many condo residents are against the idea of enbloc even though they become rich instantly simply becoz life is too short to think about money all the time...
(1) I mentioned the alexis specifically because it is a condo that sold out quickly specifically because of the chicken coop sizes of the units, just like illuminaire. You draw the conclusion whether the fact that many units of the alexi have been returned suggests an upside or downside potential of the illuminaire.

(2) It used to be that expats come and go. Now, they just go and not come. why, because there are no longer any jobs for them. why, the economy, stupid. yes, there are some jobs from the IRs, but these are mostly low paying jobs.

(3) yes, many of the condos that I mentioned have been sold. But the buyers are mostly flippers like yourself, and the units will be put back on the market when the speculators can no longer service the loans. thus, the market has only one way to go, down. Besides, there are many many condos waiting to be launched, waiting for the right moment. Again let me ask you, is it a good or bad sign?

As for you holding your illuminaire unit for the long term, fine. good for you. but if you had waited a while, you could have paid at least 30% less than you did. So, are you a moron or not?

proud owner
17-04-09, 13:09

ideally,to live in one and rent out another to help subsidise the first ..thats on most of our minds ...

but have you wonder ..are there going to be sufficient or sustainable demand for rental ?

now outflow of expats is greater than inflow ..

over the past 2 yrs ..the enblocs have created a temporary demand for rental , as owners moved out and rent, while waiting for the new ones to be ready for occupation ..

when they are all TOP-ed .. wouldnt there be a huge surplus of units seeking rental ?

right now, easily there are 100 units available at Horizon Tower for rent .. at 4.5k ( u can find these adverts in prop guru) which will compete with neighbouring projects who is asking 6-8k ... in current conditions, many will choose to take 4.5k horizon than 7.5k paterson ..right ?

so how to subsidise your condo ?

so wouldnt market eventual adjust itself and selling price has to come off ? or rental comes off ?

stalingrad
17-04-09, 13:15
I took an stroll around my neighborhood. I counted at least 20 sites waiting to be developed along a one-kilo stretch of the road. I told my wife, the market is going to crash.

proud owner
17-04-09, 13:19
I took an stroll around my neighborhood. I counted at least 20 sites waiting to be developed along a one-kilo stretch of the road. I told my wife, the market is going to crash.

where about is your neighbourhood ?

xtink
17-04-09, 13:41
one query: what is the reason for the alexis units being returned to developers?

cannot be simply becasue these speculators cannot flip/sell rite? like that developers where got safeguard? this is not Marks and Spencer or Macy leh

if it's becaue the buyers did not meet the financial criteria for a loan (even for 400k+ only unit), then it's another story.

any btw, regardless u are saint or not, avoid names calling lah.

franzmark
17-04-09, 14:06
i did not say live in one and rent out one. i said live in one and rent out 2 on condotion that the 2 rented out is fully paid). I don't mind sharing my secret with you. the key to buying good units in hdb to rent out is to get one in an estate where there is an undersupply of good rental units or good resale units. for buying to condos to rent, it is the same thing. the estate has to be small and at the same time near schools, amenities, MRT, NUS, NTU and SIM etc. There can be oversupply of rental flats or condos, but remember this, the ones near amenities will always get rented out first...:)

ideally,to live in one and rent out another to help subsidise the first ..thats on most of our minds ...

but have you wonder ..are there going to be sufficient or sustainable demand for rental ?

now outflow of expats is greater than inflow ..

over the past 2 yrs ..the enblocs have created a temporary demand for rental , as owners moved out and rent, while waiting for the new ones to be ready for occupation ..

when they are all TOP-ed .. wouldnt there be a huge surplus of units seeking rental ?

right now, easily there are 100 units available at Horizon Tower for rent .. at 4.5k ( u can find these adverts in prop guru) which will compete with neighbouring projects who is asking 6-8k ... in current conditions, many will choose to take 4.5k horizon than 7.5k paterson ..right ?

so how to subsidise your condo ?

so wouldnt market eventual adjust itself and selling price has to come off ? or rental comes off ?

franzmark
17-04-09, 14:09
As for where you should buy, that is something i won't give away, you have to fugure it out yourself. just look at the papers regarding flats going below value....the estate not mentioned is the one i am talking about.....:)

cartman
17-04-09, 22:53
Can you even read and understand simple English!:doh:
There is really nothing contradictory and no need to twist & turn. $8k/mth is enough to afford a $1m home. $8k/mth is really nothing much in Singapore because many Tom, Dick, and Harry also easily earn $8k or more month. Of course, $8K/mth is NOT enought to buy "Multi" million home.

Come on, making money also must have a life - only idiots will conceive the idea of selling wife & kids to make money! How do you know whether I had already invested in a few properties? This is what people call "dog eye see people low". :tongue3:

On the other hand, those who has not bought any private property will be spilling all sort of bad words and hoping that property price will collapse.:rolleyes:

lol, again trying to attack those who are giving good advice on the market situation. even if the property market will not collapse, it will not be a U or V shape recovery. more likely to trend downwards. so why ask the borderline folks to over commit themselves to try to sustain the property market? many tom dick and harry will know your motive. worried that the bank will come after you to top up with a further fall in valuation? ;) or worst, refuse to disburse your loan? :D

rather than try to persuade those making a mere 8K/mth to gamble and take on huge risks to commit to million dollar homes. surely you can tell by now i do not agree on the 8K benchmark as the risk is too great for such folks to commit such a large chunk of their salaries (which may be adversely affected should the economy worsen) just to buy a pigeon hole. its more akin to gambling than investing. you should heed your own advice and ante up.

cartman
17-04-09, 22:59
i did not say live in one and rent out one. i said live in one and rent out 2 on condotion that the 2 rented out is fully paid). I don't mind sharing my secret with you. the key to buying good units in hdb to rent out is to get one in an estate where there is an undersupply of good rental units or good resale units. for buying to condos to rent, it is the same thing. the estate has to be small and at the same time near schools, amenities, MRT, NUS, NTU and SIM etc. There can be oversupply of rental flats or condos, but remember this, the ones near amenities will always get rented out first...:)
hmmm...you regularly buy good units in hdb to rent out?

gfoo
17-04-09, 23:26
Those that continue to think mickeymouse units in alexis and illuminaire can be rented out easily are delusionaires. Have you ever rented out studios to expats? Do you know how mnc hr have changed the terms for expat packages? Do you even know which condos are in the mnc 'preferred' lists?

If a local already finds it impossible to live in a mickeymouse, much less an expat conditioned to bigger spaces back home. If an expat can qualify for his 1/4 pay housing subsidy, why would he want to incur the ridicule of his peers by wasting it on a mickeymouse, esp when there is no lack of units coming up in the cbd eg mbr and one shenton, at rental yield adjusted psfs far far less than illum and on par w alexis?

Just because orchard is an expat haven does not mean the prestige trickles down to mickeymouses. It's like asking a belt-tightening senior VP to drive a Lexus branded nanocar rather than an LS. He would rather go for a Hyundai Genesis for the same money.

ahlahdin
17-04-09, 23:46
Those that continue to think mickeymouse units in alexis and illuminaire can be rented out easily are delusionaires. Have you ever rented out studios to expats? Do you know how mnc hr have changed the terms for expat packages? Do you even know which condos are in the mnc 'preferred' lists?

If a local already finds it impossible to live in a mickeymouse, much less an expat conditioned to bigger spaces back home. If an expat can qualify for his 1/4 pay housing subsidy, why would he want to incur the ridicule of his peers by wasting it on a mickeymouse, esp when there is no lack of units coming up in the cbd eg mbr and one shenton, at rental yield adjusted psfs far far less than illum and on par w alexis?

Just because orchard is an expat haven does not mean the prestige trickles down to mickeymouses. It's like asking a belt-tightening senior VP to drive a Lexus branded nanocar rather than an LS. He would rather go for a Hyundai Genesis for the same money.

The Genesis is not as cheap as you think it is.

franzmark
17-04-09, 23:49
bachelors or young couples may like to live in small units and not all expats come to singapore with 3 to 4 kids looking for 3 or 4 bedders. A living room, a dining area, a kitchen, a bedroom, a small study (for quite reading) and a small balcony is chill out is all some people need. Some people just need a nice and cozy home to return to for simple relaxation after a tiring work space is only relative to the needs of the person and we cannot look at the physical size alone....

gfoo
18-04-09, 00:34
The Genesis is not as cheap as you think it is.

lol. my bad - . i'm bad wid cars.

HP65
18-04-09, 01:02
bachelors or young couples may like to live in small units and not all expats come to singapore with 3 to 4 kids looking for 3 or 4 bedders. A living room, a dining area, a kitchen, a bedroom, a small study (for quite reading) and a small balcony is chill out is all some people need. Some people just need a nice and cozy home to return to for simple relaxation after a tiring work space is only relative to the needs of the person and we cannot look at the physical size alone....

When there are so many other bigger choices, why would he choose to rent a mickey-mouse shoebox? Unless the rental (psf basis, not absolute) is so much lower, which means the owner would not be able to make a decent yield since they are buying close to surrounding areas on a psf basis, no expat will want to rent it.

Face it, there is no compelling argument to buy such mickey-mouse shoe-boxes. Those who buy illum & Alexis etc be prepared to lose money.

franzmark
18-04-09, 15:02
please lah, r u telling me the rental for a 3bedder in orchard area is comparable in rental to a studio of the same age in the same area? Some single expat would rather rent a 2.5k studio than a 5k to 6k 3rm in orchard. Let's face it, do u even utilise every sqft of ur house or does it just make u feel gd having a larger space to walk around. As mentioned, space is only relative to ur need
When there are so many other bigger choices, why would he choose to rent a mickey-mouse shoebox? Unless the rental (psf basis, not absolute) is so much lower, which means the owner would not be able to make a decent yield since they are buying close to surrounding areas on a psf basis, no expat will want to rent it.

Face it, there is no compelling argument to buy such mickey-mouse shoe-boxes. Those who buy illum & Alexis etc be prepared to lose money.

HP65
18-04-09, 15:19
please lah, r u telling me the rental for a 3bedder in orchard area is comparable in rental to a studio of the same age in the same area? Some single expat would rather rent a 2.5k studio than a 5k to 6k 3rm in orchard. Let's face it, do u even utilise every sqft of ur house or does it just make u feel gd having a larger space to walk around. As mentioned, space is only relative to ur need

Want to learn, go and buy one of these mickey mouse shoe box. You will pay enough tuition fees to understand what I mean. Anyway, most of the posts you posted were amateurish and foolish. No logic whatsoever. Sounds a lot like some young property agents I met.

franzmark
18-04-09, 15:45
i did not profess to be an expert in any way n neither do i force things down ppl's throat like u. I do not think u r any expert just another hustler in the forum
Want to learn, go and buy one of these mickey mouse shoe box. You will pay enough tuition fees to understand what I mean. Anyway, most of the posts you posted were amateurish and foolish. No logic whatsoever. Sounds a lot like some young property agents I met.

KT_Lim
18-04-09, 17:39
its alright. all professed experts here have their own agendas. if people have money to buy a condo, they don't need you busybodies to slam them down here and there. its their money, for heavensake. so fucck off!

i did not profess to be an expert in any way n neither do i force things down ppl's throat like u. I do not think u r any expert just another hustler in the forum

cartman
18-04-09, 17:59
lol the crass and uncouth is back :doh: ;)

franzmark
18-04-09, 19:11
that foul mouth is scolding the wrong person coz i have been supporting the buyers of illuminaire. Think he is too thick to catch the drift of the discussion

KT_Lim
18-04-09, 19:24
better than a shameless hypocrite - professing to be an expert?

franzmark
18-04-09, 21:37
Read the posts carefully, nobody here is professing to be an expert, are you hallucinating? you are hurling vulgarities at me for no reason so you must either a lunatic or an imbecile. :doh:

better than a shameless hypocrite - professing to be an expert?

august
18-04-09, 21:45
that foul mouth is scolding the wrong person coz i have been supporting the buyers of illuminaire. Think he is too thick to catch the drift of the discussion

is not about whether u support the buyers or whoever, is the way u post which reflects ur attitude and maturity.. ~ :o

franzmark
18-04-09, 22:09
August, you want to talk about maturity. the following is your post to me when you were not able to lodge a convincing argument on why HDB flats are overpriced:

hahahaha another joke! :D

watever floats ur boat then~ :moon:

If your maturity level is showing people a butt when you lose arguments, you can join hands with all the imbeciles in this forum. I won't stoop so low to behave like the way you do. You are an example of a crass trying to act class....:doh:

is not about whether u support the buyers or whoever, is the way u post which reflects ur attitude and maturity.. ~ :o

august
18-04-09, 22:21
August, you want to talk about maturity. the following is your post to me when you were not able to lodge a convincing argument on why HDB flats are overpriced:

hahahaha another joke! :D

watever floats ur boat then~ :moon:

If your maturity level is showing people a butt when you lose arguments, you can join hands with all the imbeciles in this forum. I won't stoop so low to behave like the way you do. You are an example of a crass trying to act class....:doh:

well there u go again..

i was actually going to say u are quite mature, but now u proved me wrong.. hahaha take it easy :cool:

cartman
18-04-09, 22:24
Read the posts carefully, nobody here is professing to be an expert, are you hallucinating? you are hurling vulgarities at me for no reason so you must either a lunatic or an imbecile. :doh:

oh well, besides being crass and uncouth, he's a lunatic and imbecile :D

franzmark
18-04-09, 22:30
You can flip your words whatever way you want, at the end of the day, I do not think you are doing any justice to the educators who were trying to teach you integrity. You are just like gfoo who had slapped his own face for passing self-contradictory remarks. You talk about maturity but you show otherwise....Please stop making yourself the joke of this forum...:doh: :doh: :doh:

well there u go again..

i was actually going to say u are quite mature, but now u proved me wrong.. hahaha take it easy :cool:

teddybear
18-04-09, 23:01
So based on your reasoning, your being bearish on property by saying that property will still trend downwards and may even collapse constitutes good advice on market situation? Are you god? Why you so sure that you will be right and hence provided good advice? What if reverse happens and property prices shoot up?

I have expressed my opinion that $8k income can afford $1m property but I didn't tell all Tom, Dick, and Harry to now go out and buy a property. So when did I persuade people to buy property? I am bewildered. As such, please do not be so self-demeaning by trying to put words into my mouth. Whether they want to buy or don't want to buy is ultimately their own decision. On the other hand, you keep telling people not to buy property because property prices will fall further blah blah blah. While not all Tom, Dick and Harry will know your motives, the smart ones definitely do.

lol, again trying to attack those who are giving good advice on the market situation. even if the property market will not collapse, it will not be a U or V shape recovery. more likely to trend downwards. so why ask the borderline folks to over commit themselves to try to sustain the property market? many tom dick and harry will know your motive. worried that the bank will come after you to top up with a further fall in valuation? ;) or worst, refuse to disburse your loan? :D

rather than try to persuade those making a mere 8K/mth to gamble and take on huge risks to commit to million dollar homes. surely you can tell by now i do not agree on the 8K benchmark as the risk is too great for such folks to commit such a large chunk of their salaries (which may be adversely affected should the economy worsen) just to buy a pigeon hole. its more akin to gambling than investing. you should heed your own advice and ante up.

teddybear
18-04-09, 23:15
You can speculate or hypothesize anything you want, but fact is, what you had mentioned were already reported in newspapers and well known by people. Yet, people are still paying $900 psf or more for The Arte, $1200 psf or more for RV Suites, $1800 psf or more for Illuminaire etc (despite the so-called deepest recession in Singapore since 1965). Whether they are smart or not we don't know until probably 5-10 years down the road unless you are god and you have the power to make the property prices collapse in the future. If you are not god, then your so-called clever and smart comments about property prices surely will down really did not seem so smart after all. How to make people believe you and follow what you say? Those who follow you could turn out to dumbest of them all. Ha ha!

cartman
18-04-09, 23:20
So based on your reasoning, your being bearish on property by saying that property will still trend downwards and may even collapse constitutes good advice on market situation? Are you god? Why you so sure that you will be right and hence provided good advice? What if reverse happens and property prices shoot up?

I have expressed my opinion that $8k income can afford $1m property but I didn't tell all Tom, Dick, and Harry to now go out and buy a property. So when did I persuade people to buy property? I am bewildered. As such, please do not be so self-demeaning by trying to put words into my mouth. Whether they want to buy or don't want to buy is ultimately their own decision. On the other hand, you keep telling people not to buy property because property prices will fall further blah blah blah. While not all Tom, Dick and Harry will know your motives, the smart ones definitely do.

bearish? nah, just not as "bullish" as you, with all your hidden agendas. now toned down to express an opinion? you were basically saying that 8K/mth household income can easily buy million dollar homes and that many tom dick and harry can do it :rolleyes:

there is no need for anyone to put words in your mouth when you had already stuffed it full of verbal diarrhea ;)

cartman
18-04-09, 23:25
You can speculate or hypothesize anything you want, but fact is, what you had mentioned were already reported in newspapers and well known by people. Yet, people are still paying $900 psf or more for The Arte, $1200 psf or more for RV Suites, $1800 psf or more for Illuminaire etc (despite the so-called deepest recession in Singapore since 1965). Whether they are smart or not we don't know until probably 5-10 years down the road unless you are god and you have the power to make the property prices collapse in the future. If you are not god, then your so-called clever and smart comments about property prices surely will down really did not seem so smart after all. How to make people believe you and follow what you say? Those who follow you could turn out to dumbest of them all. Ha ha!

what you termed hypothesis is sooooo much more logical than your wanton efforts to get many borderline tom dick and harrys to commit to million dollar homes. smacks of trying to selll minibonds to the vulnerable group :D

there will always be folks who overpay for their properties and stocks, else how do the rest make their money? some good members here are trying to pass on more accurate info so that the borderline folks can make up their minds and not listen to those unscrupulous rumours mongers who try to get them to commit to million dollar homes with just 8K/mth household income

teddybear
18-04-09, 23:42
Now you are going twist and turn like a snake again? Can you quote any previous posting made by me which I tell people to "go ahead and buy the $1m property because property price will sure go up?". My opinion is definitely much better than some who had been insistent on attacking me because he expressed so much confidence that property prices will surely go down and ask people not to buy. Is he going to compensate these people for listening to him and not buying if the property price go up instead? The answer is obvious. It didn't cost them any cent to say whatever they want here. Smart ones here will be able to guess their hidden agenda.

bearish? nah, just not as "bullish" as you, with all your hidden agendas. now toned down to express an opinion? you were basically saying that 8K/mth household income can easily buy million dollar homes and that many tom dick and harry can do it :rolleyes:

there is no need for anyone to put words in your mouth when you had already stuffed it full of verbal diarrhea ;)

gfoo
19-04-09, 00:16
Franzmark, do not take my name in vain. I have not replied to your posts not because of kindness or weakness, but because you are beneath me. Little mosquito, go play within your own kind, not here. You are so out of your league, you are making yourself sound silly.

gfoo
19-04-09, 00:38
Little mosquito, who thinks that making 100k plus from his flat now qualifies him for the big league; thinking that his condo in 'central' singapore is less the boondocks and is a highly desirable property. Little mosquito who is so insecure that amy one that speaks out against him, he'll reply like a plebian without class - crass and rude - so insecure and dense that comments not initially pointed at him, he takes offense and lashes back.

While some of your posts do make sense sometimes, the way you go about trying to show how big your balls are is wrong. Pple are here to learn, not to get verbally abused by a kid.

No doubt you will hv much to say to this post Do what you like - i shant reply to you further. It is pointless trying reason with the likes of you. You are the embodiment of what is wrong with today's common society in singapore

proud owner
19-04-09, 02:17

i know of a Single expat .. who rented a BIG unit at Botannika ..at around 7.5 k ...

franzmark
19-04-09, 03:14
THE SELF-CONTRADICTOR is back to sprout his nonsense. If you have an agenda with HDB for pricing their flats too high, take it out on the government, not common folks in this forum. You should tell the buyer who bought your east coast flat for 600k that you were acting against your principle for selling an overpriced flat to them and you are the joke of the century for actring against your principles. Why waste your time in this forum talking bad about our government for selling flats too high when you condone it with your own actions? Perhaps with your huge ego, a pea-sized brain and your low level of maturity, you cannot come to terms with your inadequacies, but again, i don't blame you coz you have probably reached your full mental capacity. i sympathise that you have to stoop so low to have to resort to name-calling and this is a clear sign that this is as far as your mental age is able to bring you. it reminds me of a kid going through adolecence, finding it hard to come to terms with mistakes and resorting to name calling just to satisfy his developing ego. I don;t have to ask whether you can remember that phase in life, coz i think you are still going through that phase now.....:D :D :D :D :D

Little mosquito, who thinks that making 100k plus from his flat now qualifies him for the big league; thinking that his condo in 'central' singapore is less the boondocks and is a highly desirable property. Little mosquito who is so insecure that amy one that speaks out against him, he'll reply like a plebian without class - crass and rude - so insecure and dense that comments not initially pointed at him, he takes offense and lashes back.

While some of your posts do make sense sometimes, the way you go about trying to show how big your balls are is wrong. Pple are here to learn, not to get verbally abused by a kid.

No doubt you will hv much to say to this post Do what you like - i shant reply to you further. It is pointless trying reason with the likes of you. You are the embodiment of what is wrong with today's common society in singapore

cartman
19-04-09, 12:32
Now you are going twist and turn like a snake again? Can you quote any previous posting made by me which I tell people to "go ahead and buy the $1m property because property price will sure go up?". My opinion is definitely much better than some who had been insistent on attacking me because he expressed so much confidence that property prices will surely go down and ask people not to buy. Is he going to compensate these people for listening to him and not buying if the property price go up instead? The answer is obvious. It didn't cost them any cent to say whatever they want here. Smart ones here will be able to guess their hidden agenda.
lol, surely you know that you are the twisting and turning snake ;)

your posts are very obvious - buy as many tom dick and harry with only 8K/mth can easily afford $1m property. by the way, we were all just expressing opinions and you started the attacks :rolleyes:

as for putting words in others' mouth, my posts were not to tell others not to buy but more to advise others to buy prudently AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, to rebut your point and flip flops about your many tom dick and harry.

you sound like a property agent who was previously a bank relationship manager challenging others who questioned his unrelenting sales of mini bonds to the vulnerable group ;)

teddybear
19-04-09, 15:47
Ha Ha Ha! Now the attacker said others attacked him first? Let's see who put words in the others mouth:

- I said in my posting that $8k/mth income can easily afford $1m property.
SO, what is my standing point? :
Just that statement only & I DIDN'T ADVICE people to buy now or buy later or buy at what price (because that is up to individual's assessment).

- You said in your posting as follow:
"lol, again trying to attack those who are giving good advice on the market situation. even if the property market will not collapse, it will not be a U or V shape recovery. more likely to trend downwards. so why ask the borderline folks to over commit themselves to try to sustain the property market?"
"oh well, another one of your subtle ways to convince others its ok to buy such overpriced properties".
SO, what is your standing point? :
YOU are TELLING people NOT to buy property now or in near future because they are over-priced now and they will get cheaper! You regard your statement above as constituting GOOD advice - as though you can foresee future property prices and you are damned sure about it. (AND the only way which you can consider your advice to be good for now and in future is you are GOD and you have the power to determine the future price of property to make it definitely go DOWN).

NOW, who is trying to act like GOD and telling people what the future price of property will be as though you are GOD (unless you are)? CAN you prove that you are GOD otherwise obviously your so-called "GOOD" ADVICE about property price being over-priced now and to ask people not to buy property now or in near future is a piece of SHIT because you can't even be sure whether it will definitely go down or not!

lol, surely you know that you are the twisting and turning snake ;)

your posts are very obvious - buy as many tom dick and harry with only 8K/mth can easily afford $1m property. by the way, we were all just expressing opinions and you started the attacks :rolleyes:

as for putting words in others' mouth, my posts were not to tell others not to buy but more to advise others to buy prudently AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, to rebut your point and flip flops about your many tom dick and harry.

you sound like a property agent who was previously a bank relationship manager challenging others who questioned his unrelenting sales of mini bonds to the vulnerable group ;)

cartman
19-04-09, 16:27
Ha Ha Ha! Now the attacker said others attacked him first? Let's see who put words in the others mouth:

- I said in my posting that $8k/mth income can easily afford $1m property.
SO, what is my standing point? :
Just that statement only & I DIDN'T ADVICE people to buy now or buy later or buy at what price (because that is up to individual's assessment).

- You said in your posting as follow:
"lol, again trying to attack those who are giving good advice on the market situation. even if the property market will not collapse, it will not be a U or V shape recovery. more likely to trend downwards. so why ask the borderline folks to over commit themselves to try to sustain the property market?"
"oh well, another one of your subtle ways to convince others its ok to buy such overpriced properties".
SO, what is your standing point? :
YOU are TELLING people NOT to buy property now or in near future because they are over-priced now and they will get cheaper! You regard your statement above as constituting GOOD advice - as though you can foresee future property prices and you are damned sure about it. (AND the only way which you can consider your advice to be good for now and in future is you are GOD and you have the power to determine the future price of property to make it definitely go DOWN).

NOW, who is trying to act like GOD and telling people what the future price of property will be as though you are GOD (unless you are)? CAN you prove that you are GOD otherwise obviously your so-called "GOOD" ADVICE about property price being over-priced now and to ask people not to buy property now or in near future is a piece of SHIT because you can't even be sure whether it will definitely go down or not!
lol...so defensive, must be feeling guilty ;) surely you know the exchange happened before that and you were attacking others too and you have a lot more newsworthy quotes but i rather leave that to anyone who is interested to read back your posts. doubt its of much interest though ;)

if you ask many in the industry, they would tell you the same thing EXCEPT those with hidden agendas or motives will have to convince others to buy otherwise how are they going to make money? if the property market is as good as what you claimed, then you think the major developers are so dumb to sell to you at such "low" prices?

and i do not know why you like to call others god :doh: you claimed others are putting words in your mouth but actually you had and have been trying to put words into others' mouth instead :D

since you are so sure property will go up and that so many tom dick and harry can buy million dollar homes easily, then by all means go sell your wife, your car, your kids, your everything and put your money where you mouth is :D

unregistered_user
19-04-09, 21:15
lol.. the crass cartman is back sprouting dooms day msg. if you are so convinced that prices are going down -why dont u also sell ur father, mother, wife, dick (dont know if u have) and short the market? I reckon u are just another loud mouth anyway.

btw - everytime u sprout rubbish - i will be here to give u a hard bong to ur dick - regardless if u try to laugh it off or not :tongue3: i am sure with ur so many lol - ur face must be twisted now. ouch!:cheers6:

lol...so defensive, must be feeling guilty ;) surely you know the exchange happened before that and you were attacking others too and you have a lot more newsworthy quotes but i rather leave that to anyone who is interested to read back your posts. doubt its of much interest though ;)

if you ask many in the industry, they would tell you the same thing EXCEPT those with hidden agendas or motives will have to convince others to buy otherwise how are they going to make money? if the property market is as good as what you claimed, then you think the major developers are so dumb to sell to you at such "low" prices?

and i do not know why you like to call others god :doh: you claimed others are putting words in your mouth but actually you had and have been trying to put words into others' mouth instead :D

since you are so sure property will go up and that so many tom dick and harry can buy million dollar homes easily, then by all means go sell your wife, your car, your kids, your everything and put your money where you mouth is :D

cartman
20-04-09, 00:16
lol.. the crass cartman is back sprouting dooms day msg. if you are so convinced that prices are going down -why dont u also sell ur father, mother, wife, dick (dont know if u have) and short the market? I reckon u are just another loud mouth anyway.

btw - everytime u sprout rubbish - i will be here to give u a hard bong to ur dick - regardless if u try to laugh it off or not :tongue3: i am sure with ur so many lol - ur face must be twisted now. ouch!:cheers6:
wahahaha...whose clone are you? :D

another misguided bull trying very hard to avoid foreclosure :rolleyes:

teddybear
20-04-09, 22:16

Trying to beat & sneak about the bush like a snake again? Why now talking about attacking others? Please focus on the issue. Come one, cannot provide evidence means cannot, give all sort of excuses.

:doh: Again trying to drag others in (this time who are these "many in the industry")? Now you are telling us that you are just "parroting" what others say instead of having a mind of your own?

OK, let's quote somebody from today's Business Times:
Peter Barge
Chairman
Jones Lang LaSalle
SEASONED investors understand the cyclical nature of the Singapore property market - which from top to bottom in most cycles typically spans two to three years. On this basis, the bottom may be some 12 months away, but we are already seeing signs of investors taking advantage of low interest rates and price declines of up to 40 per cent.
Investors know the best assets are never available at the bottom of the market, particularly in Singapore where forward-looking sentiment plays a huge role in driving prices. Hence, many are starting to look now with a view to investing over the next six months.
Direct real estate returns are looking attractive against other fixed income options and with the relative strength of currency, late 2009 appears an ideal time to start taking advantage of the likely upturn in pricing of the residential and commercial sectors.

So, the insider asking people to buy but you are asking people to SELL? Please do not sprout nonsense such as "if the property market is as good as what you claimed, then you think the major developers are so dumb to sell to you at such "low" prices"?" You are saying that when prices are really low the developers will not sell? As we know, 2003-2005 are the recent period with really LOW property prices transacted and many people picked up cheap prime properties and you saying no developers sell? :D

I am trying to find out whether you are really GOD because you proclaimed that by asking people not to buy property now and in near future, you said this constitutes GOOD ADVICE and anybody who commented anything opposite of this is NONSENSE or have hidden agenda etc. How can you be so sure what you will be 100% right and what you said constitutes GOOD ADVICE unless you have the absolute power to determine the price of properties?

Firstly, I didn't ask people to buy or sell property. Since your are so sure that property prices will CRASH, why don't you follow your own advice by selling your wife, car, kids, and dick (not sure if you have one) and backside (you definitely have one but not sure who wants it though) and SHORT the property market?

cartman
20-04-09, 23:16
Trying to beat & sneak about the bush like a snake again? Why now talking about attacking others? Please focus on the issue. Come one, cannot provide evidence means cannot, give all sort of excuses.

:doh: Again trying to drag others in (this time who are these "many in the industry")? Now you are telling us that you are just "parroting" what others say instead of having a mind of your own?

OK, let's quote somebody from today's Business Times:
Peter Barge
Chairman
Jones Lang LaSalle
SEASONED investors understand the cyclical nature of the Singapore property market - which from top to bottom in most cycles typically spans two to three years. On this basis, the bottom may be some 12 months away, but we are already seeing signs of investors taking advantage of low interest rates and price declines of up to 40 per cent.
Investors know the best assets are never available at the bottom of the market, particularly in Singapore where forward-looking sentiment plays a huge role in driving prices. Hence, many are starting to look now with a view to investing over the next six months.
Direct real estate returns are looking attractive against other fixed income options and with the relative strength of currency, late 2009 appears an ideal time to start taking advantage of the likely upturn in pricing of the residential and commercial sectors.

So, the insider asking people to buy but you are asking people to SELL? Please do not sprout nonsense such as "if the property market is as good as what you claimed, then you think the major developers are so dumb to sell to you at such "low" prices"?" You are saying that when prices are really low the developers will not sell? As we know, 2003-2005 are the recent period with really LOW property prices transacted and many people picked up cheap prime properties and you saying no developers sell? :D

I am trying to find out whether you are really GOD because you proclaimed that by asking people not to buy property now and in near future, you said this constitutes GOOD ADVICE and anybody who commented anything opposite of this is NONSENSE or have hidden agenda etc. How can you be so sure what you will be 100% right and what you said constitutes GOOD ADVICE unless you have the absolute power to determine the price of properties?

Firstly, I didn't ask people to buy or sell property. Since your are so sure that property prices will CRASH, why don't you follow your own advice by selling your wife, car, kids, and dick (not sure if you have one) and backside (you definitely have one but not sure who wants it though) and SHORT the property market?

lol still going on and on...what a retard :D i couldn't even be bothered to read all the above..but you get top marks for effort ;) do continue to entertain :D

franzmark
20-04-09, 23:24
it is a good thing i am getting peace from the imbeciles and cyber delinquents (gfoo and august). I hope this will last :-)

gfoo
21-04-09, 09:39
it's starting....

DPS buyer with 20 units at The Fernhill drags feet on payment (http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/2009/04/21/dps-buyer-with-20-units-at-the-fernhill-drags-feet-on-payment/)

A China investor that bought 20 units at MCL Land’s The Fernhill condo has failed to pay roughly $30 million that became due when the project received Temporary Occupation Permit recently.
MCL sent the notice seeking payment to buyer Concordia Overseas Pte Ltd 14 days ago. By the due date yesterday, the payment had still not been made, BT understands.
This development on the deferred payment scheme (DPS) - which was scrapped in October 2007 - is being closely watched.
Under the Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA), MCL will now wait for another 14 days and if the payment is still not made by then, the developer can serve a 21-day notice on Concordia to repudiate the SPA. After that, if there’s no payment, MCL would be entitled to treat the 20 per cent paid so far by Concordia as forfeited and resell the units.
Concordia, controlled by Hong Kong resident Chan Ki, who has developed commercial buildings in Shanghai, had bought all 25 apartments in The Fernhill in January 2007 at $1,410 per square foot.
It flipped five of these units to foreigners at an average price of nearly $2,200 psf later the same year. JTResi brokered both sets of deals for the five-storey freehold project at the corner of Orange Grove and Fernhill roads.
Concordia bought the units from MCL on DPS, and paid an initial 20 per cent of purchase price in 2007. The 20 units it still holds were purchased for nearly $47 million and it was asked to pay another 65 per cent - around $30 million - after the project received TOP last month.
In case there is a hitch in receiving the payment, analysts say, MCL Land is pretty well covered, as it can walk away with the 20 per cent downpayment from Concordia. Its ‘breakeven cost’ so to speak on the 20 units would be $1,128 psf ($1,410 psf sale price to Concordia less the 20 per cent collected so far).
Based on recent transactions at Gallop Gables on Farrer Road and The Verdure on Holland Road, MCL should easily be able to sell the units individually for more than that sum. An average resale price of $1,250 or so could mean another round of profits.
BT understands that MCL did not extend DPS to the buyers of the five units who picked up their apartments from Concordia in the subsale market. They have been making normal progress payments to MCL.
While MCL is on a firm footing, other developers who sold their projects on DPS at peak prices in 2007 and early 2008, may have reason to worry in case buyers do not pay up once the projects are completed in the coming months.
This is because the values of many such units could be down more than the 20 per cent initial payment and the developer would be out of pocket if it were to treat the SPA as being repudiated. Such developers may have to sue buyers for specific performance - complete the SPA at the contracted price.
But some developers may agree to a payment extension or restructuring for local buyers in hardship.
Developers may find it tough to take legal action against foreign buyers domiciled offshore who walk away from purchases. ‘The practical thing to do may be to treat the SPA as repudiated, take possession of the units and try to resell them or lease them out. Once you go down the route of suing defaulting buyers for specific performance, it will be some time before you can take possession of the units,’ a developer said.
In case The Fernhill units end up being resold by MCL, the price could have implications for neighbouring projects. The price benchmark may hit DPS buyers in these projects who have yet to secure a loan. Even those that have secured loans may be affected as the bank may now assume a lower value for the properties and ask borrowers to top up more equity.
Some analysts said that the latest development at Fernhill may be a sign of things to come as more projects are completed. The situation of multiple unit buyers, especially if they are foreigners, will be keenly watched.
Source : Business Times - 21 Apr 2009

teddybear
21-04-09, 10:02
So the retarded now has nothing better to retort and imagined that others spent so much effort just to write those simply things to reply him. No wonder cannot even win an argument! Sometimes it is so fun poking at these retarded idiots who like to sprout nonsense. :tongue3:

lol still going on and on...what a retard :D i couldn't even be bothered to read all the above..but you get top marks for effort ;) do continue to entertain :D

stalingrad
21-04-09, 10:09
it is a good thing i am getting peace from the imbeciles and cyber delinquents (gfoo and august). I hope this will last :-)

You should be grateful that they are trying to tell you not to gamble your hard earned money away by buying worthless properties. buying one unit at Illiminaire is enough. Don't buy more. you should stop right here before it is too late.

isaaclim
21-04-09, 11:55
it's starting....

DPS buyer with 20 units at The Fernhill drags feet on payment (http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/2009/04/21/dps-buyer-with-20-units-at-the-fernhill-drags-feet-on-payment/)

A China investor that bought 20 units at MCL Land’s The Fernhill condo has failed to pay roughly $30 million that became due when the project received Temporary Occupation Permit recently....

Who ask him to buy the whole project?!!

stalingrad
21-04-09, 12:04
Who ask him to buy the whole project?!!

Not a person. It is a Chinese company. they can just walk away, since the company is outside Singapore. haha, talk about bubbles.

franzmark
21-04-09, 12:12
It is the greedy investors that cause bubbles to inflate and burst. It is not surprising that foreign investors would run away in this crisis and a legal battle against a chinese or Indo company would be futile. Even our government was conned and could not get their money back when investing in China, so these foreign investors see it as a golden oportunity to exploit this weakness. BTW I did not buy illuminaire and i never pay more than 1k psf for any propetry that i buy. the high floor condo i bought in the central region is for own stay so i couldn't care less if it goes up or down.

You should be grateful that they are trying to tell you not to gamble your hard earned money away by buying worthless properties. buying one unit at Illiminaire is enough. Don't buy more. you should stop right here before it is too late.

franzmark
21-04-09, 12:27
If you guys enjoy reading negative news, here is more for you....

Market Update: Where is the Private Home Market Heading?

The unrequited love of supply and demand in 2009
Apr 17, 2009http://www.iproperty.com.sg/images/transpix.gifThis is the time when everybody tries to keep their jobs – including property analysts and consultants who have also fallen on bad times. God knows which one will lose his or her job for predi window.google_render_ad();cting the wrong thing.
So, to play it safe, the vast majority of property consultants are placing their bets on the private home prices falling a further 10 per cent to 20 per cent in the full year of 2009. That is really not a difficult guess, considering their own incipient fears.
Home prices took a tumble in Q4 2008
The January 2009 Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) data confirms that the private home prices continued to fall in the final quarter (Q4) of 2008, losing a further 6.1 per cent.
The slump is on top of a 2.4 per cent fall in Q3 2008, which was the first decline in over four years – in stark contrast to the spectacular bull-run in 2007 with home prices rising 31.2 per cent for the whole year.
In Q4 2008, homes in prime districts fell the most – by 6.5 per cent; while suburban home prices dropped 5.9 per cent.
The slump in suburban home prices coincided with price rise in HDB resale flats in the same period, indicating general cautiousness among wage earners who may have opted for the safety of subsidised housing in these difficult times.
New home market the worst hit
The loss of buying confidence was clearly shown in the new home market. For the whole of 2008, only 4,584 new home units (see table at the next page) were sold – which is about 31 per cent of the record 14,811 private home units sold in 2007.
The 2008 sales figure is the lowest in a decade – worse than the previous low of 5,156 and 5,520 units in the last two recessions in 2003 and 1998 respectively.
In terms of supply, the developers launched a total of 6,114 units in 2008, down 56 per cent from a record 14,016 a year ago.
The sales in 2008 were also significantly lower than the annual 10 year average (1998-2007) of 8,200 units.
Within the new home segment, upmarket luxury homes are the worst hit this time round after almost two years of boom. However, the segment is now widely expected to experience higher ratio of distressed sale in 2009. Most buyers are looking at prices at least 20 per cent below Q3 2008 levels before they are willing to commit to a luxury home.
Some property experts predicted developers may sell 5,000-6,000 units in 2009, as the take-up rate may get a boost by more goodies dangled by the developers and cheaper prices.
Unsold inventory is actually much higher
According to data compiled by URA, the total cumulative new home units launched in 2008 were 32,516. Of these units, 28,365 units have been sold. The success rate was 87.23 per cent of all unit launched.
Let’s dissect the numbers and match them with the timeline to ascertain how the market has evolved from the onset of the global recession in early 2008.
Of the total 28,365 units that have been sold, 14,811 units were sold in 2007, and another 4,584 units in 2008. That means 8,970 units were sold in 2006 and earlier.
This shows that the main bulk of the 28,365 units were sold before the October 2008 worldwide stock market crash.
In fact, in the final quarter of 2008, only 680 new home units were sold, comprising 112 units in October 2008, 192 units in November 2008 and 376 units in December 2008. The low figures show that the buying mood has been adversely affected by the global financial woes.
When compared with the sales figure in the preceding months, the quantum of the fall in transaction volume is startling and it is also a faithful reflection of the topsy-turvy in the global financial market.
Quarters 2008
New units sold
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Total

Besides, the total number of units in all the projects that have been launched so far is 45,335, which means only about 72 per cent of the total units have been launched in the market. And that puts the actual unsold inventory much higher at 16,970 units.
Supply of new home units in the pipeline
According to URA, the total supply of new home units in the pipeline is 64,982 uncompleted units.
Of these, 43,414 units remain unsold, including 3,880 units that had been launched for sale by developers and 14,386 units which had the pre-requisite conditions for sale and could be launched for sale immediately.
The remaining 25,148 units are allowed to be deferred to much later dates, and hopefully, will not aggravate the current supply-demand constraints.
At the end of the day, we are still staring at a high unsold inventory of 18,266 new home units that will be completed and ready for occupancy in this year and next.
And when the 25,148 units eventually join the fray, they will dilute whatever price gains in the future.
Unsold inventory for luxury condo rose
Official data shows that only 1,096 caveats were lodged against luxury apartments/condos in prime districts 9 and 10 in 2008. This represents 19 per cent and 32 per cent of sales done in 2007 and 2006 respectively.
According to a recent CBRE report in January 2009, about 55 per cent of units in luxury projects launched by developers between 2007 and 2008 remained unsold at the close of the misery year of 2008.
The number of apartments sold for more than S$10 million dropped to 82 last year from 143 in 2007. As such, there was also a corresponding fall in prices for the luxury properties.
Average launch price fell to S$2,000 to S$2,600 psf in in the final quarter (Q4) of 2008 from S$2,000 to S$4,000 psf in Q4 2007.
Average resale prices of luxury apartments/condos had dropped to about S$2,000 to S$2,400 psf of strata area in Q4 2008 from S$2,000 to S3,300 psf in 2007.
Secondary market huffed and puffed
The secondary market took a slightly longer time to chill in 2008; however, chill it did.
This is because prospective buyers in general started to take cover after the October worldwide stock market crashes. For the whole of last year, only about 7,400 to 7,600 resale deals were done, compared with 20,985 transactions in 2007.
As such, most experts reckon that there will be a further 10 per cent to 20 per cent decline in prices this year in the benchmark index.
Landed home sales lost momentum
The worldwide stock market crash on 10 October 2008 seems to be the watershed of property market in Singapore. Since October 2008, the buying mood became more circumspect.
The total sales of landed homes in Q4 2008 were 184 houses, compared with 869 houses in the same period a year ago. This represents a fall in sales volume of around 79 per cent.
Table [1] – Landed property transactions in 2008

Detached

Semi-D

Terrace

Total
Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

Jun

Jul

Aug

Sept

Oct

Nov

Dec

Source of information: SISVRealink

Table [2] – Landed property transactions in 2007

Detached

Semi-D

Terrace

Total
Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

Jun

Jul

Aug

Sept

Oct

Nov

Dec

Prices of landed properties fell by 4.8 per cent in Q4 2008, compared with the decrease of 1.9 per cent in Q3.
Prices of detached, semi-detached and terrace houses fell by 5.3 per cent, 3.9 per cent and 4.7 per cent respectively in Q4 2008.
For the year 2008 as a whole, prices of detached, semi-detached and terrace houses fell by 3.1 per cent, 1.0 per cent and 1.7 per cent respectively.
Sub-sale sellers appear edgy
Likewise, sub-sale deals also fell from the height of 4,863 units in 2007 to between 1,600 and 1,650 units in 2008.
According to Savills’ recent report in February 2009, sub-sale deals of new home units at some popular projects were transacted at close to the average launched prices. At some prime projects which are still under construction, many units were even sub-sold recently at below their launch prices.

Sub-sale prices may be at touching distance of launch prices of 2006. Savills says that units at 11 developments that were launched between 2006 and 2008 have come down to below their launch levels.
For example, Duchess Residences in Bukit Timah, which was launched in 2007 at an average launch price of S$1,825 per square foot (psf), had a couple of sub-sale deals that were done at an average of S$1,675 psf. A 1,604 sq ft home at Duchess Residences was recently advertised for sale at S$1,500 psf – way below the original launch price.
Two recent sub-sale deals done in January 2009 at Park Infinia at Wee Nam in Lincoln Road were at S$1,180 psf for a 969 sq ft unit and S$1,061 psf for a 1,442sq ft unit, which are more than 20 per cent cheaper than the average sub-sale prices of between S$1,500 and S$1,600 psf achieved in 2008.
Sellers of new condominium units are also appearing to be edgy of late, judging by the level of asking prices in the classified advertisements. For example, a unit at The Orchard Residences was advertised for sale at S$2,600 psf, compared with the highest transacted price of S$4,750 psf in February 2008.
A seller at One Shenton in Shenton Way asked for S$888 psf, compared with its launch price of between S$1,500 to more than S$2,000 psf in early 2007.
Sellers at The Sea View at Amber Road are asking for slightly over S$1,000 psf, compared with the sub-sale prices of around S$1,200 psf to S$1,500 psf earlier.
The fall in sub-sale prices will no doubt further compound the problems faced by the developers, who are trying to lure back buyers into the show units with more carrots.
It seems that the worst has yet to come for the private residential market.
No respite in sight for falling office rents
Office rents in prime districts, which have already shown signs of weariness recently, could dive due to a huge stock of office space that is rising amid tough times and rising job losses. Singapore is being hit hard by the falling foreign direct investment as the small economy relies heavily on foreign participation in its economy.
An international consultancy put the expected rent fall to as much as 40 per cent of 2008 rent by 2010 due to the following reasons:
(a) So far this year, pre-lease agreements by tenants for office space to be available in 2009 and 2010 are estimated to be only 30 per cent.
(b) A total of 10.7 million sq ft of office space will be available by 2013 - of which 15 per cent of the space or 2.7 million sq ft will be ready by 2010.
(c) Demand, which averaged about 2 million sq ft a year in the past two years, is expected to fall by more than half, and possibly to just 500,000 sq ft a year.
Prime office rents may fall from a high of S$14.20 per sq ft a month in December 2008 to S$12 psf a month in 2009 and further to S$8 psf in 2010 – in the meantime, prime office vacancy rates are set to go up by easily more than 10 per cent.
Office vacancy will shoot from mid 2009
With more new supply of office space coming on stream in 2009 and 2010, the vacancy rate will rise, and this will have a negative implication for office rents.
In all, about 1.7 million sq ft of new offices are slated for completion this year and they include 71 Robinson Road, the Straits Trading Building redevelopment, Tampines Grande and an extension to 78 Shenton Way.
In 2010, another 2.8 million sq ft of new office space will be added into the stock, followed by a further 2.5 million sq ft in 2011.
A market observer pointed out that Just this year alone there may be some 500,000 sq ft of office space without takers, due to the corporate shake-up which is taking place throughout the globe.
In the mean time, the migration of backroom operations of the major financial institutions, such as banks, from the Central Business District (CBD) to lower cost areas continues.
Prepared by Sam Gian - Independent Real Estate Sales Trainer

cartman
21-04-09, 20:13
So the retarded now has nothing better to retort and imagined that others spent so much effort just to write those simply things to reply him. No wonder cannot even win an argument! Sometimes it is so fun poking at these retarded idiots who like to sprout nonsense. :tongue3:
lol more rubbish from the retarded teddybear :D you should be shaking in your pants now trying to avoid foreclosure and banks asking for topups ;)

cartman
21-04-09, 20:16
franzmark, better don't let that retarded teddybear see you post all those facts above. else he will call you god too ;)

teddybear
21-04-09, 21:09
Losers always like halucinating that others are in worse situation than them and if it satisfies them in this way, no problem with me. :cheers1:
No wonder the loser always so scare of foreclosure and banks asking for topups. :p

lol more rubbish from the retarded teddybear :D you should be shaking in your pants now trying to avoid foreclosure and banks asking for topups ;)

cartman
22-04-09, 23:04
Losers always like halucinating that others are in worse situation than them and if it satisfies them in this way, no problem with me. :cheers1:
No wonder the loser always so scare of foreclosure and banks asking for topups. :p

lol, how to have foreclosures or topups when i do not even have any loans outstanding? ;)

i just bought a beemer and paid cash and the SE said less than 1% of their customers paid cash :rolleyes:

ahlahdin
23-04-09, 04:07
That's BMW for you. Lots of poseurs who take low downpayment, long tenure loans. These are the same people who can barely afford one. I dunno why, it is characteristic of the BMW brand's buyers in Singapore.

If I were you, I wouldn't pay cash for a new beemer. BMW's image is already such that people will just assume you're one of those 10 year loan, 0% downpayment poseurs who could ill-afford a BMW, when they see you on the streets. Might as well take a loan. You can't wear a sign on your beemer proclaiming that you paid cash, anyways.

In this premium conti, sub-exotic price segment, the smart money drive Maserati, MB, Volvo and maybe Jaguar. Carrotheads almost always drive Audi/Volkswagen, while dealers laughing to the bank. I draw the line at Porsche, despite knowing the dealer's obscene profit margins. Why? Same as Benz, the prestige of Porsche takes you a long way, plus the performance of the Cayman and 911 cars are better than anything BMW has to offer.

They say you can guess the character and personality of a person from the car he drives. Well I am sad and disappointed to say that the smart yuppie image of BMW drivers has long gone. BMW's are incredibly passe now. Jeremy Clarkson calls it a car driven by cocks (pricks).

Now when you see a BMW on the roads, it is highly likely the driver is some ah beng, ah pek or ah soh. Whatever happened to the stylish dashing young BMW driver profile?

Being a long term fan of BMW, having owned 3 in past years, just last year I switched to the 3 point star with a V8. It could have been due to my age, but more likely: 1) fed up with BMW's N52 engine, supposedly one of their best engines. 2) fed up with the BMW ah beng poseur image. Same reason why i'll never be caught dead in a GTi but i'll be happy to be seen in a Cooper S.

orange
23-04-09, 07:44
bro are you sure you are in the correct forum? :D

kal
23-04-09, 09:46
yealor, who cares whether u owned 3 bmw or bmx b4... this is not car or bmw forum:scared-4:

august
23-04-09, 09:56
That's BMW for you. Lots of poseurs who take low downpayment, long tenure loans. These are the same people who can barely afford one. I dunno why, it is characteristic of the BMW brand's buyers in Singapore.

If I were you, I wouldn't pay cash for a new beemer. BMW's image is already such that people will just assume you're one of those 10 year loan, 0% downpayment poseurs who could ill-afford a BMW, when they see you on the streets. Might as well take a loan. You can't wear a sign on your beemer proclaiming that you paid cash, anyways.

In this premium conti, sub-exotic price segment, the smart money drive Maserati, MB, Volvo and maybe Jaguar. Carrotheads almost always drive Audi/Volkswagen, while dealers laughing to the bank. I draw the line at Porsche, despite knowing the dealer's obscene profit margins. Why? Same as Benz, the prestige of Porsche takes you a long way, plus the performance of the Cayman and 911 cars are better than anything BMW has to offer.

They say you can guess the character and personality of a person from the car he drives. Well I am sad and disappointed to say that the smart yuppie image of BMW drivers has long gone. BMW's are incredibly passe now. Jeremy Clarkson calls it a car driven by cocks (pricks).

Now when you see a BMW on the roads, it is highly likely the driver is some ah beng, ah pek or ah soh. Whatever happened to the stylish dashing young BMW driver profile?

Being a long term fan of BMW, having owned 3 in past years, just last year I switched to the 3 point star with a V8. It could have been due to my age, but more likely: 1) fed up with BMW's N52 engine, supposedly one of their best engines. 2) fed up with the BMW ah beng poseur image. Same reason why i'll never be caught dead in a GTi but i'll be happy to be seen in a Cooper S.

maserati is sports car leh, same category as aston martin & porsche

bmw, audi, mb are considered mass producers. diff market lor :o

gfoo
23-04-09, 10:01
chialat, i drive a lau pok jepun chia - out of place here

PN
23-04-09, 10:42
What car you drive doesn't really matter.

I've a friend who drives a nice Audi (at least to me). But his income goes towards paying his property & car loan every month. He hardly has extra cash as savings.

I also know of a low profile miliionair who own multiple properties but he don't drive at all. I ask him why? He says it a depreciating asset, dn't want to waste money. Besides, transport system is too good here (Taxi, MRT, bus), there is no need to spend this kind of money. It's his own way of money management. This is his personal opinion of car. Doesn't mean that everyone has to be like him.

But it's a fact that when economy is bad, people get rid of their car as the firstt resort to reduce expenses. I've seen a few friends/relatives who have gone through this.

cartman
23-04-09, 11:11
i fully agree. cars are a depreciating asset and not really necessary in singapore. but i won't know how to get around without a car :eek:

but must spend somehow to help boost singapore's economy. also, too much money parked in banks also earning peanuts. if everyone cut back too much, how is the economy going to recover? :D

cartman
23-04-09, 11:12

ah, another example of the very rich ones driving such cars :D

repanse71
23-04-09, 11:37
I know some uncles who own properties and drive taxi.
Why?
1. For mobility, use taxi for own use.
2. Drive when free, kill time
3. Good while wifey is shopping, earn some income too.

regards

What car you drive doesn't really matter.

I've a friend who drives a nice Audi (at least to me). But his income goes towards paying his property & car loan every month. He hardly has extra cash as savings.

I also know of a low profile miliionair who own multiple properties but he don't drive at all. I ask him why? He says it a depreciating asset, dn't want to waste money. Besides, transport system is too good here (Taxi, MRT, bus), there is no need to spend this kind of money. It's his own way of money management. This is his personal opinion of car. Doesn't mean that everyone has to be like him.

But it's a fact that when economy is bad, people get rid of their car as the firstt resort to reduce expenses. I've seen a few friends/relatives who have gone through this.

teddybear
23-04-09, 12:55
Congratulations! :cheers1: What model is that? New one or 2nd hand one?. Oh by the way, don't you know interest is so low now? The really rich will tell you that if they can they will take a 100% loan from the bank at 2% interest and use those money to earn 10% or more return. As the saying goes, "The clever uses other people's money to earn more money, the dumb uses their hand to earn more money." :tsk-tsk:
Another thing, why go for BMW of all cars? BMW is now like an Ah Beng's car. Are you one of their gang? :p

lol, how to have foreclosures or topups when i do not even have any loans outstanding? ;)

i just bought a beemer and paid cash and the SE said less than 1% of their customers paid cash :rolleyes:

gfoo
23-04-09, 13:01
ah, another example of the very rich ones driving such cars :D

i am not rich, i'm just very kiam siap. went to PM see how much they charge for servicing, pengz. went to malayan, servicing also pengz. went to cycle, seats too uncomfortable coz my backside quite big. go borneo - although car looks like shit, but got free servicing, seats quite soft, got huge discount, free fuel for a couple of years, overall cheaper somemore. my TCO is so low, and mileage so good, i think i will stick with jepun chia, dun care how people look at me.

teddybear
23-04-09, 13:10
Not sure what different market you are referring to. I only know 4 markets:
(1) Those going for cheapest cars
(2) Those going for family & "value-for-money" cars
(3) Those going for prestige (good for "face") cars
(4) The last market is those that show that they "don't have so much money but want to show off" cars.

For (1), people usually go for Kia & Hyundai.
For (2), people go for Toyota, Honda, Nissan.
For (3), obviously the more expensive they are the better (more face, especially those doing business). These are: Rolls Royce, Porsche, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lexus, Mercedes. Maserati have luxury saloon lah (not just 2-door sports) now about $410k.

For (4), people go for cheapest model of the branded cars or buy 2nd hand branded cars (cannot afford new branded cars). BMW is now Ah Beng's class and fall into (4). (The BMW 320i is just about $130k!).

The brands I mentioned are not exhaustive but they are representative of the different "markets".

maserati is sports car leh, same category as aston martin & porsche

bmw, audi, mb are considered mass producers. diff market lor :o

gfoo
23-04-09, 13:16
One more category to add:

(5) Performance addicts: chapalang brands e.g. Nissan GTR, Nissan 370z, Audi S5, etc. Excludes ricer cars like Evo and Scoobies which are the domain of the bengz

Not sure what different market you are referring to. I only know 4 markets:
(1) Those going for cheapest cars
(2) Those going for family & "value-for-money" cars
(3) Those going for prestige (good for "face") cars
(4) The last market is those that show that they "don't have so much money but want face" cars.

For (1), people usually go for Kia & Hyundai.
For (2), people go for Toyota, Honda, Nissan.
For (3), obviously the more expensive they are the better (more face, especially those doing business). These are: Rolls Royce, Porsche, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lexus, Mercedes. Maserati have luxury saloon lah (not just 2-door sports) now about $410k.

For (4), people go for cheapest model of the branded cars or buy 2nd hand branded cars (cannot afford new branded cars). BMW is now Ah Beng's class and fall into (4).

teddybear
23-04-09, 13:18
Thanks for the addition. :cheers6:

One more category to add:

(5) Performance addicts: chapalang brands e.g. Nissan GTR, Nissan 370z, Audi S5, etc. Excludes ricer cars like Evo and Scoobies which are the domain of the bengz

teddybear
23-04-09, 13:20
No problem to talk about BMW lah. This is a property forum and when people after discussing about properties, some people want to show off that he has more money than others and first mentioned that he bought a "Beemer". It's OK.

yealor, who cares whether u owned 3 bmw or bmx b4... this is not car or bmw forum:scared-4:

franzmark
23-04-09, 13:44
i see nothing wrong with driving a jap car. anyway jap brands like honda and toyota, have already caught up in terms of packaging and performance with continental makes like VW and Ford in terms of packaging and performance. The Benz designs also seem passe when you compare it with the latest Honda Accord or Civic. BTW GM is in the red now, very soon will see other currently popular makes being overtaken by the japanese giant auto-makers....

teddybear
23-04-09, 14:22
Why you so humble? Many rich people (those that make their riches through honest hardwork and making money the honest and clean way) just drive jepun chia (more value-for-money)! In contrast, those 2nd generation "silver-spoon" or those who make quick & easy money will want flashy cars. (Quick & easy money other than striking lottery usually not so honest and clean one - there is no 'free lunch' in this world).