PDA

View Full Version : Trilight (D11, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Acer
02-04-09, 13:02
Hi guys,

Does anyone know about this condo
trilight condo by Ho bee

ahlahdin
02-04-09, 15:07
Yes, it used to be Elmira Heights. This one will be competing with L'viv by Wing Tai right next door. Ho Bee paid a high price for the enbloc.

If you like the area why not try Residences@Evelyn or Newton One. I believe can negotiate for good price.

Acer
03-04-09, 16:31
Developer sale return my mail and said that this project has not been launch yet.

Expected Q2 of 2009 or Q3

sushi
31-05-09, 00:47
What do you think the launching price will be? worth investing in a studio apartment here???:)

dmonddd
31-05-09, 11:09
$1300 psf.

dmonddd
31-05-09, 11:10
still acceptable. arte doing around $1000 psf

richie$$$
02-06-09, 00:20
still acceptable. arte doing around $1000 psf

slow slow wait
$ increase liao.

DKSG
08-06-09, 19:11
Anyone got any clue when this will be launched ?

And better still the expected launch price ?

YFG

dmonddd
07-07-09, 14:12
if this is launched, probably may fetch $1500psf & abv. newton one is asking $1900psf

teddybear
07-07-09, 15:06
Why? I suppose can launch at $1500 psf because all >=1800 sqft unit and people who can buy means can buy (cannot one won't look at it). Newton One? $1300 psf niah. People can ask for the sky but are there transaction even at $1400 psf? (I even saw St Thomas Suite asking for only $1650 psf, not to mention the former is just Newton area). :beats-me-man:

if this is launched, probably may fetch $1500psf & abv. newton one is asking $1900psf

dmonddd
07-07-09, 18:45
Why? I suppose can launch at $1500 psf because all >=1800 sqft unit and people who can buy means can buy (cannot one won't look at it). Newton One? $1300 psf niah. People can ask for the sky but are there transaction even at $1400 psf? (I even saw St Thomas Suite asking for only $1650 psf, not to mention the former is just Newton area). :beats-me-man:

let's see how the ura prices be like in next few weeks. i was hoping that the prices will come down as you would like to from what i see from your responses.....otherwise how to afford such high prices even at 90% financing.

sadly the forces dont seem to work as how we think.

invisible hand in the works.

teddybear
07-07-09, 21:32
Being able to afford or not is 1 thing. A person who can afford doesn't mean he has to buy as becoming 'carrot head' by buying at stupid price is another thing. :cheers6:

let's see how the ura prices be like in next few weeks. i was hoping that the prices will come down as you would like to from what i see from your responses.....otherwise how to afford such high prices even at 90% financing.

sadly the forces dont seem to work as how we think.

invisible hand in the works.

dmonddd
08-07-09, 00:35
Being able to afford or not is 1 thing. A person who can afford doesn't mean he has to buy as becoming 'carrot head' by buying at stupid price is another thing. :cheers6:

definition of "stupid price"?
may be master teddy bear is able to share. i missed the window. Will Sept be a good month? should we wait for another 30% drop in prices then we buy. every project is not good at that price - too high price, too small the bedroom, high density, not enuf facilities....may be master teddy bear can also share which are the best project in each D9 , D10, D11.

or 30% drop is not good enuf, wait for another 10% drop,....maybe another 5%:doh:

or wait till the market tanks and banks cut financing margin to 60% only?
then we buy.....cheap cheap and throw in 40% downpayment

proud owner
08-07-09, 00:49
definition of "stupid price"?
may be master teddy bear is able to share. i missed the window. Will Sept be a good month? should we wait for another 30% drop in prices then we buy. every project is not good at that price - too high price, too small the bedroom, high density, not enuf facilities....may be master teddy bear can also share which are the best project in each D9 , D10, D11.

or 30% drop is not good enuf, wait for another 10% drop,....maybe another 5%:doh:

or wait till the market tanks and banks cut financing margin to 60% only?
then we buy.....cheap cheap and throw in 40% downpayment

my pick :
valley park .. big land ..great location .. loads of amenities ..cheaper compared to any new launch in that stretch

Cairnhill residences .. top of the hill .. cheapest new condo considering its location ..highest point of orchard road

Residences @ Evelyn ... near MRT and yet away from the crowd ..probably same psf as Infinia ... but more high class feel ..

dmonddd
08-07-09, 00:54
my pick :
valley park .. big land ..great location .. loads of amenities ..cheaper compared to any new launch in that stretch

Cairnhill residences .. top of the hill .. cheapest new condo considering its location ..highest point of orchard road

Residences @ Evelyn ... near MRT and yet away from the crowd ..probably same psf as Infinia ... but more high class feel ..

finally someone who researched well..need to check out the first two..i missed buying unit up for sale at residences@evelyn in mar & april. that time prices were low. you are right on this project versus infinia. inifina is a bit crowded and ppl like to pay additional for common space. and residences@evelyn is at higher ground versus projects surrounding..missed the boat and never can catch it.

mr funny
25-09-09, 18:04
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,351777,00.html?

Published September 25, 2009

Hundred Trees condo priced at $895 psf

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

CITY Developments Ltd (CDL) is said to have begun selling the first phase of the 956-year leasehold Hundred Trees condo in the West Coast area at an average price of $895 per square foot.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-09-25/BT_IMAGES_KRMEMPAT25-Y70.jpg
In full bloom: The development takes its name from some 100 pink mempat trees that will line the project's walkways

Buyers can opt for an interest absorption scheme (IAS) - but they'll have to pay 2.5 per cent more.

About 150 of the project's total 396 units are believed to have been released under the first phase.

Sales to former owners of the Hong Leong Garden Condominium - from whom CDL bought the site through a collective sale in 2007 - began yesterday. CDL staff as well as special guests were also invited to purchase units at Hundred Trees yesterday.

The preview for other buyers who had pre-registered interest in the development begins today.

BT understands that one and two-bedroom apartments, and two bedroom-plus-study units make up around 40 per cent of total units in the 12-storey condo.

Prices of one-bedders, which are about 485 square feet, begin from over $500,000. Two bedders range from 690 to 786 sq ft while two-plus-study units are between 915 and 1,227 sq ft.

'With a relatively large proportion of smaller units, the absolute price quantum per unit has been kept relatively affordable,' a market watcher said.

Hundred Trees' average price is below earlier expectations in some quarters of about $930-$980 psf.

However, it is higher than the recent transactions in the West Coast area, noted analysts. Over the past few months, units at Botannia and Carabelle (both completed this year) have sold at a median price of about $800 psf while units at The Parc Condo, which is still under construction, have changed hands at a median price of about $850 psf, according to caveat data.

Analysts' estimates of CDL's pre-tax earnings from Hundred Trees vary widely, from about $75 million to $135 million, depending on the efficiency ratio (ratio of the project's total saleable area to gross floor area) and construction cost assumptions.

CDL paid $131.5 million for the 266,076 sq ft Hong Leong Garden Condominium plot. This worked out to about $363 psf of potential gross floor area inclusive of development charge, which was reported at about $23 million at the time.

The site is zoned for residential use with a 1.6 plot ratio. Some analysts have suggested that CDL's breakeven cost could be below $700 psf.

Hundred Trees takes its name from some 100 pink mempat trees, dubbed the local version of Japan's sakura or cherry blossoms, that will line the project's walkways. The location is popular with the Japanese community; there are Japanese schools nearby and Japanese restaurants in the Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre next to the Hundred Trees site.

Although IAS was scrapped on Sept 14, a developer can still offer the scheme for a project if the developer and its partner bank have entered into an agreement before that date to offer IAS for the project and the developer has already offered units in the development for sale under IAS before the same date.

Other projects expected to be previewed in the coming weeks include Far East Organization's Alba, a 50-unit project at Cairnhill Rise that will have a 'white plan' similar to the group's Boulevard Vue project at Cuscaden Road where apartment layouts can be customised to individual buyers' preferences.

Far East is also expected to preview soon its 278-unit freehold Cyan condo at Keng Chin Road in Bukit Timah.

Starlight Suites at River Valley Close and Ho Bee's Trilight at Newton Road are also expected to be released soon.

moneyspinner
25-09-09, 19:25
See details of Trilight here.

teddybear
25-09-09, 22:32
Interestingly, location map showing United Square, Novena Square, Novena Square 2 and Novena MRT station instead of just Newton MRT station only (as though the latter not attractive enough by itself).

See details of Trilight here.

richie$$$
25-09-09, 23:32
Interestingly, location map showing United Square, Novena Square, Novena Square 2 and Novena MRT station instead of just Newton MRT station only (as though the latter not attractive enough by itself).

i thgt i saw newton mrt on left
huh smtg wrong wth my eyes

richie$$$
25-09-09, 23:34
??
The development's pristine location is only a 5 minutes walk from Newton MRT Station and within minutes from prestigious schools such as Anglo Chinese Junior School and Anglo-Chinese Primary school.

richie$$$
25-09-09, 23:35
is tis project nearer 2 novena mrt?

teddybear
26-09-09, 00:03
This is also my question. Why show Newton MRT station and then also Novena MRT station with United Square, Novena Square and Novena Square 2 in the location map and show as those the latter is so close?

is tis project nearer 2 novena mrt?

richie$$$
26-09-09, 00:39
This is also my question. Why show Newton MRT station and then also Novena MRT station with United Square, Novena Square and Novena Square 2 in the location map and show as those the latter is so close?

y not?
make sense 4 developer.
but ur comments dont make sense.
if i look at other projects synopsis ard newton area, i c same.

teddybear
26-09-09, 00:47
It only make sense when United Square, Novena Square, and Novena Square 2 are so important in helping developers to attract buyers to their project so much so that they must highlight them and draw them to appear so close-by (by extending the project title "Trilight" so close to the 3 squares that if I didn't know the project and vicinity well I would have thought Trilight is just beside these 3 Square) in addition to mentioning that the project is near Newton MRT station (where surrounding is just a dead-town). This is a smack in the face of those who insisted that projects nearer Newton MRT station is more prestigeous and definitely deserve a premium as opposed to being closer to Novena MRT station (if such hypothesis is true, developers should hide Novena MRT station and its surrounding 3 shopping malls as showing them will degrade the price and prestige of their projects). :tongue3:

y not?
make sense 4 developer.
but ur comments dont make sense.
if i look at other projects synopsis ard newton area, i c same.

chenjdd
26-09-09, 00:48

maybe they want to show Newton MRT for prestige, but also Novena for convenience/eateries/shopping malls. As per google (measured in strait line), it is about 250m away from Newton MRT but 720m away from Novena MRT, so walking to Novena nearby malls is still possible but a bit far in Singaporean standard.
I've seen unit plan sent by agent, many 2-bedder units, however 3-bedder units are super big, at least 2099sf, with huge balcony, bay windows, 3 toilets and so on, i wonder quantum will be high.

teddybear
26-09-09, 00:56
I suppose so. Without the 3 Squares for eateries & shopping malls will definitely greatly diminish the value and attractiveness of the project even if it is close to Newton MRT (since that surrounding is like a dead-town anyway). Let's wait and see how much they can sell for the big size 3-bedders. Heard the price may be around $1800 psf. :scared-1:

maybe they want to show Newton MRT for prestige, but also Novena for convenience/eateries/shopping malls. As per google (measured in strait line), it is about 250m away from Newton MRT but 720m away from Novena MRT, so walking to Novena nearby malls is still possible but a bit far in Singaporean standard.
I've seen unit plan sent by agent, many 2-bedder units, however 3-bedder units are super big, at least 2099sf, with huge balcony, bay windows, 3 toilets and so on, i wonder quantum will be high.

chenjdd
26-09-09, 00:59
wonder if there is a underpass to access Newton MRT? Or have to go by passing Dunearn Road and Bukit Timah Road?

teddybear
26-09-09, 01:07
No underpass. Anybody who want to walk to Newton MRT station from Trilight will have to walk along Newton Road, pass by Newton One entrance and turn round the corner of Newton One, walk some more distance along Dunern Road to a traffic light, cross that, go under the Dunearn flyover, cross a pretty long bridge over a smelly big lokang (very eerie at night), wait for another traffic light to cross, then walk pretty some distance to the Newton MRT station entrance, go underground and still have to walk quite some distance to control station of Newton MRT station to enter into the station.

wonder if there is a underpass to access Newton MRT? Or have to go by passing Dunearn Road and Bukit Timah Road?

chenjdd
26-09-09, 01:22
No underpass. Anybody who want to walk to Newton MRT station from Trilight will have to walk along Newton Road, pass by Newton One entrance and turn round the corner of Newton One, walk some more distance along Dunern Road to a traffic light, cross that, go under the Dunearn flyover, cross a pretty long bridge over a smelly big lokang (very eerie at night), wait for another traffic light to cross, then walk pretty some distance to the Newton MRT station entrance, go underground and still have to walk quite some distance to control station of Newton MRT station to enter into the station.

wow, tks, do you stay near there?
i am watching google map, now i see, it will be a long walking distance...crossing newton circle is shortest way but seems unlikely given heavy traffic

richie$$$
26-09-09, 01:26

Huh. i walked fm park infinia 2 novena mrt.
damn far le. underpass so long.
hv u walked b4 or not? i checked internet, shorter distance 2 walk 2 newton mrt fm park infinia.
novena square same like other cap shppng mall.
i dun understand ur comments.

teddybear
26-09-09, 01:33
Check internet? :doh: You might as well rely on the developer's location map :cheers1:. You try swimming across the big lokang and then fly over the Newton Circus in order to travel in a straight line to Newton MRT station (which then will yield you a shorter distance)?

Huh. i walked fm park infinia 2 novena mrt.
damn far le. underpass so long.
hv u walked b4 or not? i checked internet, shorter distance 2 walk 2 newton mrt fm park infinia.
novena square same like other cap shppng mall.
i dun understand ur comments.

teddybear
26-09-09, 01:34
Close enough to know that surrounding areas very well. :cheers1:

wow, tks, do you stay near there?
i am watching google map, now i see, it will be a long walking distance...crossing newton circle is shortest way but seems unlikely given heavy traffic

richie$$$
26-09-09, 01:35
maybe they want to show Newton MRT for prestige, but also Novena for convenience/eateries/shopping malls.
urcomments more logic.

andy
26-09-09, 10:59

I lived very close to Trilight before. You can walk to UnitedSquare or Novena for a bit of a stroll & exercise but if you have a few shopping bags, you need to drive. Also small children cannot walk along the footpath as some parts are quite narrow.

Trying to get a park in USQ or NSQ is a pain in the neck.

Walking to Newton MRT is also a pain from Trilight. Sometime see many people crossing illegally along Newton Circus which is pretty dangerous.

Still always keen to see what HoBee has come up with. Don't think it will be cheap.

Can you PM agent who can send plan?

proud owner
26-09-09, 15:18
I lived very close to Trilight before. You can walk to UnitedSquare or Novena for a bit of a stroll & exercise but if you have a few shopping bags, you need to drive. Also small children cannot walk along the footpath as some parts are quite narrow.

Walking to Newton MRT is also a pain from Trilight. Sometime see many people crossing illegally along Newton Circus which is pretty dangerous.

Still always keen to see what HoBee has come up with. Don't think it will be cheap.

if i am not wrong it is quite a walk to novena / newton mrt ..

to me .. nothing fantastic about it .. neither here nor there ...

richie$$$
26-09-09, 15:45

wht teddy commnted? only novena condos good 2 buy.
tdy drove by....alot projects coming up..park infinia side..n also across big drain.
amaryville nt bad...for psf. wow novena alot projects.
better c clearly b4 jump.

andy
26-09-09, 17:19
tdy drove by....alot projects coming up..park infinia side..n also across big drain.

It's really up to you. If you like area both are ok. For own stay I prefer Balmoral since also the same price & even more secluded, private and no noise, no dust from Newton and Bukit Timah.. can even hear birds.:) Trilight and former Gilstead View will be building soon. So own stay near these development must think twice.

Saw a penthouse in Amaryville. Views are sxxx even from high floor. Would not touch anything directly opposite Trilight e.g., Miro, Rochelle.

PI side surprisingly very nice and quiet at night But once Lucida, Viva, Lincoln Suites are done the whole area can be quite nice. Expect more amenties in Novena to cater for these residence nearby.

For investment, must be 100% new...i.e., untouched. TOP already too late.:banghead:

Bionic Leek
26-09-09, 17:28
Did you miss the launches around there Andy? Where abouts do you put up now? There are still lots of new and untouched investment vehicles in the area which you can get straight from the developer.

I always look forward to what Ho Bee comes up with, have quite a bit of faith in their projects. I think Tri will be very expensive - 1800 seems more than likely, and I think the smallest units will be higher than that...

The entire stretch from Newton up to Novena/balestier seems to be undergoing modernisation at an impossibly fast pace - the sheer number of new developments in the area is staggering.

andy
26-09-09, 17:30
if i am not wrong it is quite a walk to novena / newton mrt ..

to me .. nothing fantastic about it .. neither here nor there ...

Well it is next to R@E so about the same distance to Newton MRT as R@E. Further to Novena MRT

Adverts are out today. Do you have any floor & site plans?

andy
26-09-09, 17:39
Did you miss the launches around there Andy? Where abouts do you put up now? There are still lots of new and untouched investment vehicles in the area which you can get straight from the developer.

I always look forward to what Ho Bee comes up with, have quite a bit of faith in their projects. I think Tri will be very expensive - 1800 seems more than likely, and I think the smallest units will be higher than that...

The entire stretch from Newton up to Novena/balestier seems to be undergoing modernisation at an impossibly fast pace - the sheer number of new developments in the area is staggering.

Where are the new launches in that area?

Yes. I expect more development from around Novena/Balestier than the Scotts/Newton area. In the past, I have under estimated the value of cluster development and the aggregrate impact it can have on the value of the residential development:banghead:

richie$$$
26-09-09, 18:23
Trilight and former Gilstead View will be building soon. So own stay near these development must think twice.

PI side surprisingly very nice and quiet at night But once Lucida, Viva, Lincoln Suites are done the whole area can be quite nice. Expect more amenties in Novena to cater for these residence nearby.

For investment, must be 100% new...i.e., untouched. TOP already too late.:banghead:

PI side also need 2 think think becos lucida viva all going 2 b constructed.
tis area noisy next 3 yrs same like trilight side also. ur comments not right

agent at balestier project told me. 2 many flippers in projects ard novena.
let them suffer 1st. at least i buy cheaper than neighbors. thks

projects TOP sometimes gd deal becos buyers panic. they nd to pay developers. n dont know now new launches give gd materials. show showroom only developer cut cost..

andy
26-09-09, 19:59
projects TOP sometimes gd deal becos buyers panic. they nd to pay developers. n dont know now new launches give gd materials. show showroom only developer cut cost..

Grow up. That's right, buyers "panic" because Spore property depreciates after TOP. Only the land appreciates. it's location, location, location:doh:

teddybear
26-09-09, 20:32
Don't need to put words I didn't say into my mouth lah. Forumers have eyes to see who saying what. I only say Novena area condos better buy vs Newton area condos because Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries. May be that is why Newton condo launching like Trilight have to show location map as though so close to Novena MRT and the 3 Novena shopping malls?
Obviously Novena even if better than Newton cannot be compared to those around Orchard MRT. That is a fact. Better than those twisters :p

richie$$$
26-09-09, 20:54
Don't need to put words I didn't say into my mouth lah. Forumers have eyes to see who saying what. I only say Novena area condos better buy vs Newton area condos because Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries. May be that is why Newton condo launching like Trilight have to show location map as though so close to Novena MRT and the 3 Novena shopping malls?
Obviously Novena even if better than Newton cannot be compared to those around Orchard MRT. That is a fact. Better than those twisters :p
ur comments Novena area condos also better than Balmoral area condos?

richie$$$
26-09-09, 20:56
if i ask developer, they will show as many mrts in their map.
correct/not?

May be that is why Newton condo launching like Trilight have to show location map as though so close to Novena MRT and the 3 Novena shopping malls?

richie$$$
26-09-09, 20:59
[quote=teddybear]Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries/quote]

newton circus not eateries place?
dmonddd commented scotts highpark so high price. huh i checked internet - surrounded by bldg. not much view

teddybear
27-09-09, 00:30
Have lah, a hawker centre with no air-con and yet a few prawns costs >$100 type. Scare scare! :scared-1: I don't recommend lah. :o

[quote=teddybear]Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries/quote]

newton circus not eateries place?
dmonddd commented scotts highpark so high price. huh i checked internet - surrounded by bldg. not much view

jlrx
27-09-09, 01:46
Have lah, a hawker centre with no air-con and yet a few prawns costs >$100 type. Scare scare! :scared-1: I don't recommend lah. :o

That's why Newton is more expensive than Novena ... it is nearer to the the Ang Mos who can afford to pay >$100 for prawns. :p

Hence in the same token they can also afford to pay more for condo rentals.

The Ang Mos' "ancestral homeland" is in Orchard Road. That's why there is a downward price gradient along Scotts Road from ION Orchard towards Novena.

To people who can afford to stay in Scotts Highpark, I don't think MRT is an important consideration.

I remember one of them came in by private jet with his private banker to purchase a unit, and then flew off again. :spliff:

teddybear
27-09-09, 11:15
Not true lah, the Ang Mos kick up such a big fuss and complain to STB etc and go on Newspapers big big. You thought Ang Mos so stupid mah? Eat at Hawker Centre with no air-con and pay a price more expensive than air-con up-market restaurant? Scotts Highpark? Most of the richest now beside Ion in Orchard Residences or Marq@Paterson at >$5k psf. :D
Based on your analogy that closer to Orchard & City Centre should be more expensive, Geylang should be selling at >$1400 psf (must be much more than places like Hundred Trees, Meadows@Pierce, Optima etc). :scared-1:

That's why Newton is more expensive than Novena ... it is nearer to the the Ang Mos who can afford to pay >$100 for prawns. :p

The Ang Mos' "ancestral homeland" is in Orchard Road. That's why there is a downward price gradient along Scotts Road from ION Orchard towards Novena.

To people who can afford to stay in Scotts Highpark, I don't think MRT is an important consideration.

I remember one of them came in by private jet with his private banker to purchase a unit, and then flew off again. :spliff:

moneyspinner
27-09-09, 11:27
Believe eventually, developments in the Novena vicinity will be more expensive than those in the Newton area for the simple reason that there are more amenities(= greater convenience) coming up there than Newton. :spliff:

andy
27-09-09, 12:51

Don't know if anyone ever tried to get from R@E or Trilight to Newton Hawker Centre. First you have to cross the one-way Dunearn Road going to Little India. You go across the big "longkang" and then cross the other part of Bukit Timah road. Then you walk across the green muddy fields to the Newton MRT. After that you take the escalator down to go across the otherside of the Scotts Road. Once you reach the top of Scotts road, you walk some meters down to Clemenceau Ave to an overhead bridge. Finally after 10 or 15 minutes you work up such a good appetite to reach the Newton Hawker Centre.

Of course you can risk life and limb to negotiate the Newton Circus illegally. Never seen an AngMoh do that though.

Usually easier to walk to Novena to have free airconditioning...also not much further the other way;)

andy
27-09-09, 13:30
Finally got the floorplans for Trilight. There seems to be a few good stacks that does not have direct noon sun. The layout is pretty good but I noticed the huge balcony and planters areas and baywindows.

Those with a view facing Newton Road and high floors should have nice city views. There is a column in the balcony again.

Other concern is whether the Istana is in the way of the city views:(

richie$$$
27-09-09, 18:00
Don't know if anyone ever tried to get from R@E or Trilight to Newton Hawker Centre. First you have to cross the one-way Dunearn Road going to Little India. You go across the big "longkang" and then cross the other part of Bukit Timah road. Then you walk across the green muddy fields to the Newton MRT. After that you take the escalator down to go across the otherside of the Scotts Road. Once you reach the top of Scotts road, you walk some meters down to Clemenceau Ave to an overhead bridge. Finally after 10 or 15 minutes you work up such a good appetite to reach the Newton Hawker Centre.

Of course you can risk life and limb to negotiate the Newton Circus illegally. Never seen an AngMoh do that though.

Usually easier to walk to Novena to have free airconditioning...also not much further the other way;)

i ask agent le. walk lah. still wthn wlkg distance. at least if I hungry midnite, there's a place to go. HDB area best 24 hrs. Novena area nt sure any1 can share. Balestier Yes yes yes.

Aiyah. when i viewed park infinia, i tried wlkg fm park Infinia 2 velocity. Very gd exercise on long underpass. no wonder ppl sweating in Mrt. walk slower lah. Now, everyone takes cab or taxi n how often u eat in shppg complex. same fd court everywhere n restaurants all same queue. alot of mSG. Bachelor no choice lah.

richie$$$
27-09-09, 18:02
if i want free aircon go to orchard better. better view. kekeke no nd so cheapo.

richie$$$
27-09-09, 22:51
now wait 4 trilight $psf. C how much they sell n compare wth completed projects

andy
28-09-09, 20:45
Pricing not out yet, I'm told. Think everyone is waiting for one another.

richie$$$
28-09-09, 21:02
tht day i drive up. car park all fenced up and tar. rd nicely tar.

moneyspinner
28-09-09, 21:06
My guess: S$1,800 to S$2,000 psf lah.:scared-2:

gemstone
28-09-09, 22:06
anyone have an idea how many carpark lots available in this project? and how many lots per unit?:)

andy
28-09-09, 22:25
anyone have an idea how many carpark lots available in this project? and how many lots per unit?:)'

Waiting for more details but my guess it should have more than 205lots for the 205 units, probably 20% to 30% more.

Why are lots important?

gemstone
28-09-09, 22:44
'

Waiting for more details but my guess it should have more than 205lots for the 205 units, probably 20% to 30% more.

Why are lots important?
More lots available good mah... visitors can all park inside. ever went to friend's place for event, the guard direct us to park outside along the small road illegally cos not enuff space inside.

Last time stay in one condo before, many owners got 2 or 3 cars, but lucky still have many available lots left for my 'lao po car'. :ashamed1:

andy
30-09-09, 11:43
Just got this. Indicative price starts at $1700psf and going up $1900

Good buy vs nearby projects?

richie$$$
30-09-09, 23:28
Just got this. Indicative price starts at $1700psf and going up $1900

Good buy vs nearby projects?

R u referring 2 nearby new or completed projects.
If new, why? D/p sunk in wth no return for nxt 2 yrs, bt upside on capital appreciation.

andy
01-10-09, 20:27
R u referring 2 nearby new or completed projects.
If new, why? D/p sunk in wth no return for nxt 2 yrs, bt upside on capital appreciation.

I'm referring to both new and/or completed projects in the same area.

Yes, new means you pay 20% cash. Yes you forfeit 0.45% of interest on the 20% cash and also pay interest on the incremental 45% loan over 2 years. Upside is capital appreciation and higher rental yield upon TOP compared to completed properties now.

moneyspinner
01-10-09, 21:40
Trilight vs VIVA - Which is a better buy?:doh:

andy
01-10-09, 21:44
Trilight vs VIVA - Which is a better buy?:doh:

No, not again.

There is the usual Newton die-hards camp and then the Novena camp.

I think the question should be Viva versus Lincoln Suites or R@E vs Trilight:cool:

richie$$$
01-10-09, 22:37
I'm referring to both new and/or completed projects in the same area.

Yes, new means you pay 20% cash. Yes you forfeit 0.45% of interest on the 20% cash and also pay interest on the incremental 45% loan over 2 years. Upside is capital appreciation and higher rental yield upon TOP compared to completed properties now.

bt i saw comment tht in general prices drop below developers price whn project TOP. i/o capital appreciation, we c capital depreciation.
n banks drop financing %.

Existing project give immediate rental yield. Wld it b better under current mkt. or wait

US 2 announce its stats data in next 2 wks. bad news in west gd 4 east. tht shld push up prices in dis region.

andy
01-10-09, 22:58
bt i saw comment tht in general prices drop below developers price whn project TOP. i/o capital appreciation, we c capital depreciation.
n banks drop financing %.

Whoever gave you the idea. Like that all those 10,000 people snapping up new units must be stupid since they should just wait for the price to drop before TOP. Just check out Pavilon 11 how much it has gone up from developer's sale. It's entirely dependent on timing of market lah...

Existing project give immediate rental yield. Wld it b better under current mkt. or wait

US 2 announce its stats data in next 2 wks. bad news in west gd 4 east. tht shld push up prices in dis region.

Of course lah. You take 80% loan and you need the rental to cover the interest to the bank. For resale if you get a good buy then don't need to wait. But I would get a tenanted unit preferably a new lease.

richie$$$
01-10-09, 23:43
[quote=andy]Whoever gave you the idea. Like that all those 10,000 people snapping up new units must be stupid since they should just wait for the price to drop before TOP. Just check out Pavilon 11 how much it has gone up from developer's sale. It's entirely dependent on timing of market lah...[quote]

u contradict. as u mentioned depends on timing. evry1 knows timing enter mkt impt.
U c more property n do alot research n ask alot of questions.
10000 flippers/buy 2 stay? theory may b right if project has flippers. at lauunch, they dun care units facing. impt 2 c buyer's profile whn go showroom

historically, no project in SG, prices drop below developers' price on TOP. cant b Queens
hehe he. now timing in/out? u must say depends? how can. it must b Y/N. i say Y 2 buy. banks ok 2 lend. if they no lend, mkt soft

andy
02-10-09, 10:07
historically, no project in SG, prices drop below developers' price on TOP. cant b Queens
hehe he. now timing in/out? u must say depends? how can. it must b Y/N. i say Y 2 buy. banks ok 2 lend. if they no lend, mkt soft

Are you real or you can predict the future?

What kind of logic is that if bank ok to lead then it is good time to buy? Do you know how the bank work?:doh:

amk
02-10-09, 11:17
preview sales started already. u guys should all go and have a look since showflat is ready now.
no need to debate diff between this part of newton and that part of novena. Nobody buys this part of newton for "convenience". The market is just like that. Historically this side of newton rd is always higher than the other side of newton. maybe more "exclusive" ? I dun know.

andy
02-10-09, 11:21
preview sales started already. u guys should all go and have a look since showflat is ready now.
no need to debate diff between this part of newton and that part of novena. Nobody buys this part of newton for "convenience". The market is just like that. Historically this side of newton rd is always higher than the other side of newton. maybe more "exclusive" ? I dun know.

Anyone can go see showflat? comment on quality of finishes?

richie$$$
04-10-09, 12:55
:doh:
Are you real or you can predict the future?

What kind of logic is that if bank ok to lead then it is good time to buy? Do you know how the bank work?:doh:

:doh: bank's liquidity. consumer bank opens up all buyers can borrow. prices increases demand.

investor borrows more. unless u r type who puts alot of $$$d/p.

u i'm think can predict future from ur comments 2 all. forum is 2 share.

teddybear
04-10-09, 13:05
To me, all are in novena!
The so-called Newton camp group has regarded R@E, Trilight etc as Newton condo but they are not.:tongue3:

The real Newton is Cairnhill, scott rd etc. in District 9 n Novena in District 11...:rolleyes:

No, not again.

I think the question should be Viva versus Lincoln Suites or R@E vs Trilight:cool:

andy
04-10-09, 13:36
Don't understand your English? You mean I can predict the future? No no one can. You made a statement that prices will always drop after TOP. How do you know? Pls give us some evidence so that we all can wait for TOPs to buy cheap units. According to you Newton1 must be cheaper now then before TOP?

:doh: bank's liquidity. consumer bank opens up all buyers can borrow. prices increases demand.

Banks are willing to lend because they can collect interest lah. They just need to protect themselves that if buyer goes bankrupt, they can still auction the property @ 80% of the purchase price so that they don't lose money. When mkt goes up, bank's valuation goes north and hence it seems they are willing to lend more. When market goes down after the buyer has bought, some banks will ask for margin calls;)

andy
04-10-09, 13:51
The so-called Newton camp group has regarded R@E, Trilight etc as Newton condo but they are not.:tongue3:

The real Newton is Cairnhill, scott rd etc. in District 9 n Novena in District 11...:rolleyes:

Interesting let's put some numbers into this debate.
"Real Newton"
Scotts 28: $1875
The Hamilton Scotts: $3000
Scotts Highpark: $1925
Vida: $2275
Orchard Scotts: $2790

"wannabe Newton"
Newton 1: $1595
R@E : $1580
Triglight : estimated $1800
Setia : $1733
Miro: $1573

Hm... I have to give this hypothesis some more thought:cheers6:
However I've noticed that in quite a few instances that there seems to be huge $psf differences between developments diagonally across a junction.;)

teddybear
04-10-09, 14:15
This is not hypothesis...
URA has clearly defined the boundary between Novena and Newton...
Still, some people ignores this boundary and upgrades some part of the Novena to Newton level.. ..:rolleyes:
hahah......
Let's face it... Novena can only fetch Novena price and there is no way to be on par with Newton..
If you are talking about Novena area, I will prefer the condos near United square and MRT over the condo near newton circle due to the amenities and conveniences even though the later is closer to Scott rd considering that both areas are fetching about the same price..

Interesting let's put some numbers into this debate.
"Real Newton"
Scotts 28: $1875
The Hamilton Scotts: $3000
Scotts Highpark: $1925
Vida: $2275
Orchard Scotts: $2790

"wannabe Newton"
Newton 1: $1595
R@E : $1580
Triglight : estimated $1800
Setia : $1733
Miro: $1573

Hm... I have to give this hypothesis some more thought:cheers6:
However I've noticed that in quite a few instances that there seems to be huge $psf differences between developments diagonally across a junction.;)

andy
04-10-09, 14:40
This is not hypothesis...
URA has clearly defined the boundary between Novena and Newton...
Still, some people ignores this boundary and upgrades some part of the Novena to Newton level.. ..:rolleyes:
hahah......
Let's face it... Novena can only fetch Novena price and there is no way to be on par with Newton..
If you are talking about Novena area, I will prefer the condos near United square and MRT over the condo near newton circle due to the amenities and conveniences even though the later is closer to Scott rd considering that both areas are fetching about the same price..

Ok lah no need to tell us what's your preference. We oredi know....

So you don't think Trilight will sell well?

Although for Soliel sitting next to the MRT, it has really be sold down.:scared-5:

teddybear
04-10-09, 15:05
Can't compare Trilight with Soliel - one is FH and the other is 99LH - they are at different scale!
Due to LH, Soleil will definitely depreciate as time goes by..
Should compare Trilight with VIVA ....
Now that the sentiment is even better than 2-3 months ago during launching of VIVA and hence may fetch a slighly better price. If two projects are launching at the same time, I believed VIVA can sell better...

My guess is that Trilight 2 BR will be snatched up very quickly and left with big units. They may quote a lower psf for big units in order to sell big units...

Ok lah no need to tell us what's your preference. We oredi know....

So you don't think Trilight will sell well?

Although for Soliel sitting next to the MRT, it has really be sold down.:scared-5:

andy
04-10-09, 16:26
[quote=teddybear]
/[quote]

Then the same applies to Ion Orchard also?

moneyspinner
04-10-09, 18:38
[quote=teddybear]
/[quote]

Then the same applies to Ion Orchard also?

Theoretically, yes. Especially, when the lease is reduced substantially over time. However, sometimes location overides. So it all depends on demand and supply and the attraction of the development.!:)

teddybear
04-10-09, 19:05
Alamat, Orchard residences depreciate too! the last transacted prices are also < the price at the peak

andy
04-10-09, 19:24
Alamat, Orchard residences depreciate too! the last transacted prices are also < the price at the peak

Aiya.. which development has transacted prices higher than last peak?:doh:

teddybear
04-10-09, 20:14
Have lah. E.g. Kovan Melody?

Aiya.. which development has transacted prices higher than last peak?:doh:

bargain hunter
05-10-09, 01:16
"sentiment is even better than 2-3 months ago"??? i think you better check with agents on the ground. My agents are telling me sentiments are a lot worse. Paying 1800psf*1109sq ft ie 2m for a 2 bedder at Trilight does not make much sense to me. Huge Balcony, air-con ledge and bay windows all round the bedroom windows. They even have larger 1195sq ft and 1227sq ft versions with a planter and a giant air con ledge thrown in! I do not think this kind of 2 bedders can sell out at all.

Can't compare Trilight with Soliel - one is FH and the other is 99LH - they are at different scale!
Should compare Trilight with VIVA ....
Now that the sentiment is even better than 2-3 months ago during launching of VIVA and hence may fetch a slighly better price. If two projects are launching at the same time, I believed VIVA can sell better...

My guess is that Trilight 2 BR will be snatched up very quickly and left with big units. They may quote a lower psf for big units in order to sell big units...

jlrx
05-10-09, 01:56

No, not again.

Haha ... this forum is so funny ... :p

We have "Balestier" people trying to be "Novena"; and "Novena" trying to be "Newton"; then "Newton" trying to be "Orchard Road".

I don't think the Cairnhill people would like to be associated with "Newton". They would probably consider themselves to be "Orchard Road".

Regardless of the official classification by the government, people have their own "classifications", which differ from person to person.

For example, the government considers Serangoon Gardens to be a "middle-class" residential estate; but I doubt the Serangoon Gardens people consider themselves the same "class" as HDB.

Read this very funny article in the New Paper:

September 14, 2008
S M Ong

If Serangoon Gardens is 'middle-class', what am I? (http://smong.net/2008/09/if-serangoon-gardens-is-middle-class.html)

I was watching the news on TV the other night about how plans to turn the former Serangoon Gardens Technical School into a hostel for foreign workers were creating "an uproar in the middle-class estate".

I was deeply upset by the report. And it was not because of the undercurrent of racism and xenophobia.

I noticed the residents in Serangoon Gardens all seem to be living in private homes, ie "ang moh chu". And they're considered "middle-class"?

I live in an HDB flat, so does that make me - gasp - "lower-class"? The horror!

I feel faint. Quick, someone get me some water! And make sure it's Evian. None of that generic crap. I am not lower-class!

And then I realise "lower class" doesn't necessarily mean "low class".

Whew. That was close. I'm OK now, thanks.

You know who I feel sorry for? People who live in condos.

Here they are, paying so much more for their homes than HDB flat owners, but because they don't live in a private estate like Serangoon Gardens, they're not even "middle-class". Ha! Suckers.

My apologies for calling condo owners suckers.

Where's my Evian!

andy
05-10-09, 22:08
Haha ... this forum is so funny ... :p

We have "Balestier" people trying to be "Novena"; and "Novena" trying to be "Newton"; then "Newton" trying to be "Orchard Road".

I don't think the Cairnhill people would like to be associated with "Newton". They would probably consider themselves to be "Orchard Road".

Regardless of the official classification by the government, people have their own "classifications", which differ from person to person.

For example, the government considers Serangoon Gardens to be a "middle-class" residential estate; but I doubt the Serangoon Gardens people consider themselves the same "class" as HDB.

Read this very funny article in the New Paper:

What's your point funny guy?

Fact of the matter is that Spore is a small tiny dot and is undergoing transformation @ such frantic rate. Just look at HongKong's luxury apartments in the once-unglamorous Kowloon district have suddenly become some of the most expensive properties on the planet

It is going to be game-changing:cool:

It used to be which district and then which part of the road that determines pricing.

Now it is which side of the road and which junction of the road the development is facing. Go check the difference in pricing between Newton One and Orchard Scotts less than 100 meters apart :2cents:

teddybear
05-10-09, 22:34
Heard that this project is going to be launched for sale soon, indicative pricing is $1650 - 1800+ psf. :cheers1:

DKSG
05-10-09, 23:27
I seroiusly doubt it is $1,650 psf.

However, if there are decent units at $1,750 psf, pls drop me a message.

DKSG

Heard that this project is going to be launched for sale soon, indicative pricing is $1650 - 1800+ psf. :cheers1:

trump7
06-10-09, 15:20

Still now high level properties like Orchard residences have not started to be recovered yet. But condos like Kovan melody which is in sub-urban area, they have been up much recently.

When high level properties had been up almost 50
% increased in whole of yeatr 2007, mid-tier(sub-urban) properties couldn`t have been up so much comparing to high level ones.
In 2008, due to finance turnmoil, hdb and mass market condos started to be raised due to relocation of liquidity of money from high level, but still mid-tier condos weren`t affected.
I have predicted that once the sign of recovery started, condos in mid-tier would be mostly increased, since the price gap between high level and mid-tier is so wide, but mass market & mid-tier was so narrow, and so fastly it turned out exactly same with my thought.

Not every condo price is increasing at the same time.:2cents:

So cannot compare Orchard residence price and kovan melody price at this stage, with just only reason that they are both leasehold.

moneyspinner
06-10-09, 15:47
Heard preview beginning this Friday.................. let's see the response.

Reporter
06-10-09, 15:54
Still now high level properties like Orchard residences have not started to be recovered yet. But condos like Kovan melody which is in sub-urban area, they have been up much recently.

When high level properties had been up almost 50
% increased in whole of yeatr 2007, mid-tier(sub-urban) properties couldn`t have been up so much comparing to high level ones.
In 2008, due to finance turnmoil, hdb and mass market condos started to be raised due to relocation of liquidity of money from high level, but still mid-tier condos weren`t affected.
I have predicted that once the sign of recovery started, condos in mid-tier would be mostly increased, since the price gap between high level and mid-tier is so wide, but mass market & mid-tier was so narrow, and so fastly it turned out exactly same with my thought.

Not every condo price is increasing at the same time.:2cents:

So cannot compare Orchard residence price and kovan melody price at this stage, with just only reason that they are both leasehold.
Hong Kong luxury segment has already hit S$6,000 psf (HK$30,025 psf)
Let's see if Singapore CCR can catch up.

http://cdn.images.bloomberg.com/r06/navigation/bg_logo.png
Hong Kong luxury home deals triple on mainland buyers
Bloomberg
Hong Kong
Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Hong Kong’s luxury home sales almost tripled in September from a month earlier, as mainland Chinese residents flocked to buy flats in the city.

The registered sales of residential units worth more than HK$10 million ($1.3 million) rose to 1,351 from 500 in August, according to Land Registry figures released yesterday. A one- bedroom flat in Kowloon sold for a record HK$24.5 million, Centaline Property Agency Ltd. said last month.

Luxury home prices in Hong Kong climbed as much as 28% in the first nine months of the year, as low mortgage costs fueled buying, according to Colliers International Ltd. Prices may rise by between 5 and 10% in the next 6 to 12 months, the global real-estate broker said last month.

“The luxury home market is very active,” Buggle Lau, chief analyst at Midland Holdings Ltd., said by phone today. “Capital from the mainland and overseas is contributing.”

There is “enormous liquidity and buying” from Chinese residents, Martin Cubbon, executive director of Swire Pacific Ltd., said Sept. 29.

The aggregate number of homes registered increased to 12,285 from 11,250 in August, the government said on its Web site.

“We probably will see consolidation after home prices, especially luxury apartments, jumped quite a bit, because the market thinks interest rates may have bottomed out,” Credit Suisse analyst Cusson Leung said in a telephone interview.

Mortgage Rates

Mortgage rates in Hong Kong are the lowest in at least 19 years as banks seek to offset slower demand for other types of credit.

Lenders have cut mortgage rates “to such an extent that they might not have given due regard to the reputation risk, interest rate risk and liquidity risk potentially associated with their pricing,” Hong Kong Monetary Authority Deputy Chief Executive Y.K. Choi said Sept. 17.

“Average mortgage rates are going to pick up gradually,” Peter Wong, head of the Hong Kong unit of HSBC Holdings Plc, said in the city last week.

New mortgage loans approved fell 8.2% in August from a month earlier to HK$34.2 billion, the HKMA said last month.

Hong Kong home prices may fall in coming months as Chinese investors face a slowdown in lending growth at home, reducing their buying power, said Leung at Credit Suisse. “Mainland investors’ appetite goes along with growth of liquidity in China, which has already showed signs of slowing down,” he said.

Loans in China

China’s banks extended 410.4 billion yuan ($60.1 billion) of local-currency loans in August, up from 355.9 billion yuan in July, according to official figures. New lending in September may fall to a range between 300 billion and 400 billion yuan, China Banking Regulatory Commission Chairman Liu Mingkang said yesterday.

A one-bedroom apartment at the Masterpiece development in Hong Kong’s Kowloon district was bought for HK$30,025 psf last month, a record for a property of that type in the city, Centaline said. The home, with space of 816 square feet (75 square meters) was sold for HK$24.5 million.

Hong Kong is the world’s 5th-most expensive residential real estate market, after Monte Carlo, Moscow, London and Tokyo, according to Global Property Guide.

trump7
06-10-09, 16:03
[quote=andy][quote=teddybear]
/

Theoretically, yes. Especially, when the lease is reduced substantially over time. However, sometimes location overides. So it all depends on demand and supply and the attraction of the development.!:)

Theoretically, not only leasehold, also freehold ones as well.
There are so many eg. in the market, that old freehold condo in not attractive location and still never draw buyer`s attention than old leasehold one in good location.

When people want to buy house, only two reason.
Want to stay or for renting-out. All require good location with convenience.
People talk leasehold is depreciating but forget that actually they bought their leasehold condo 20-25% cheaper than freehold one...

DKSG
06-10-09, 22:39
The leasehold and FH premium is abt 16-18%.

If you find anything out of line, then can buy the cheaper one.

proud owner
06-10-09, 22:45
The leasehold and FH premium is abt 16-18%.

If you find anything out of line, then can buy the cheaper one.

problem is now the LH are so expensive and in a bull market ... when LH is only 5 pct cheaper than FH in same area .. people will buy LH ..sad

Reporter
07-10-09, 10:17
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Ho Bee prices Trilight at $1,650 psf
Far East sells 12 units at Alba in Cairnhill at average $2,300 psf
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Ho Bee Investment will preview its Trilight condo at Newton Road this week at an average price of about $1,650 per sq ft, the group's chairman and CEO Chua Thian Poh told BT yesterday.

Ho Bee will not offer an interest absorption scheme (IAS) for the 30-storey freehold condominium project, located on the highest point in the Newton area.

The $1,650 psf average price will be for an initial batch of 60 units. The condo will have a total 205 units, up from 152 planned initially. The increase results from Ho Bee's decision to introduce two-bedroom units and reduce the number of four-bedders. Previously Trilight had only three- and four-bedroom apartments.

The latest scheme comprises 104 two-bedroom units ranging from 1,109 to 1,227 sq ft; 74 three-bedders in two sizes (2,099 and 2,110 sq ft) and 24 four-bedroom apartments of 2,336 sq ft. Trilight will have three penthouses - two units of 5,200 sq ft and one of 5,800 sq ft.

The typical two-bedder will cost under $2 million.

CB Richard Ellis and DTZ will market the project.

Market watchers say the $1,650 psf average price is within the range of recent transactions in the area. In nearby Bukit Timah Road, units at Ferrell Residences sold for between $1,556 psf and $1,931 psf in July-August.

And Madison Residences nearby sold at $1,567-1,745 psf in August, according to Urban Redevelopment Authority information on developer sales.

The high-end housing market is stirring again after Hungry Ghost Month. Far East Organization has sold a dozen units over the past couple of weeks at its Alba project in Cairnhill Rise. The unit sizes are 1,862, 2,066 and 2,250 sq ft.

They are among a clutch of 18 units Far East released on the second to seventh levels of the 18-storey freehold condo, which has a total of 50 units. The average price achieved for the 12 units sold is $2,300 psf, with the highest price being $2,500 psf.

Under the freehold project's 'white plan', Far East can customise apartment layouts to suit buyers' preferences.

andy
07-10-09, 11:14
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Ho Bee prices Trilight at $1,650 psf
Far East sells 12 units at Alba in Cairnhill at average $2,300 psf
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Ho Bee Investment will preview its Trilight condo at Newton Road this week at an average price of about $1,650 per sq ft, the group's chairman and CEO Chua Thian Poh told BT yesterday.

Ho Bee will not offer an interest absorption scheme (IAS) for the 30-storey freehold condominium project, located on the highest point in the Newton area.

The $1,650 psf average price will be for an initial batch of 60 units. The condo will have a total 205 units, up from 152 planned initially. The increase results from Ho Bee's decision to introduce two-bedroom units and reduce the number of four-bedders. Previously Trilight had only three- and four-bedroom apartments.

The latest scheme comprises 104 two-bedroom units ranging from 1,109 to 1,227 sq ft; 74 three-bedders in two sizes (2,099 and 2,110 sq ft) and 24 four-bedroom apartments of 2,336 sq ft. Trilight will have three penthouses - two units of 5,200 sq ft and one of 5,800 sq ft.

The typical two-bedder will cost under $2 million.

CB Richard Ellis and DTZ will market the project.

Market watchers say the $1,650 psf average price is within the range of recent transactions in the area. In nearby Bukit Timah Road, units at Ferrell Residences sold for between $1,556 psf and $1,931 psf in July-August.

And Madison Residences nearby sold at $1,567-1,745 psf in August, according to Urban Redevelopment Authority information on developer sales.

The high-end housing market is stirring again after Hungry Ghost Month. Far East Organization has sold a dozen units over the past couple of weeks at its Alba project in Cairnhill Rise. The unit sizes are 1,862, 2,066 and 2,250 sq ft.

They are among a clutch of 18 units Far East released on the second to seventh levels of the 18-storey freehold condo, which has a total of 50 units. The average price achieved for the 12 units sold is $2,300 psf, with the highest price being $2,500 psf.

Under the freehold project's 'white plan', Far East can customise apartment layouts to suit buyers' preferences.

Wow. look like some units could be cheaper than Viva and R@E

Trilight or R@E? What's your take given the huge planters?

chenjdd
07-10-09, 11:34
[quote=andy]Wow. look like some units could be cheaper than Viva and R@E

Trilight or R@E? What's your take given the huge planters?[/quote

In terms of 3-bedders,
VIVA at 1.9x mio - 2.3 mio -- now subsale at how much? anybody knows?
Trilight must be above 3.3 mio! --main gain is only bigger balcony and planter

Of course VIVA make more sense esp it is more convenience for daily shopping/tuition/eating.

I've no idea about R@E

bargain hunter
07-10-09, 12:16
Precisely, andy, don't be focusing so much on only the psf. the sizes are vastly different and that makes the total quantum important. a 3 bedder at trilight is 2099 or 2110 sq ft. a 4 bedder is 2336 sq ft. I won't be surprised if the 4 bedder is priced at a higher psf than the 3 bedders since the 3 bedders are abnormally big and the 4 bedders are not that much bigger in sq ft and are rare at just 24 units vs 74 units of 3 bedders.

the 4 bedders would probably average at 1650psf but maybe the 3 bedders will average 1550psf. even then, i still think 3.25m for a 3 bedder is really expensive especially considering the big balcony, planter, bay windows and air-con ledge.

[quote=andy]Wow. look like some units could be cheaper than Viva and R@E

Trilight or R@E? What's your take given the huge planters?[/quote

In terms of 3-bedders,
VIVA at 1.9x mio - 2.3 mio -- now subsale at how much? anybody knows?
Trilight must be above 3.3 mio! --main gain is only bigger balcony and planter

Of course VIVA make more sense esp it is more convenience for daily shopping/tuition/eating.

I've no idea about R@E

DKSG
07-10-09, 15:51
Trilight is of course more prime than Viva.

bargain hunter
07-10-09, 15:55
at least that's what ho bee is trying to market it as. :) targeting an even higher end segment with this kind of quantum.

Trilight is of course more prime than Viva.

Reporter
07-10-09, 22:48
Heard preview beginning this Friday.................. let's see the response.
Let's see the picture?

http://img.st701.com/cms/property/condodir/d11/trilight_p1_m.jpg

Reporter
08-10-09, 10:20
Is this FH pricing high or low compared to LH pricings in:
- D12 Toa Payoh: $1,222 psf
- D20 Ang Mo Kio: $1,289 psf
- D19 Serangoon: $1,100 psf (or maybe higher?)
?

http://sg.yimg.com/i/sg/providers/cnalogo4.gif
15 bids received for residential site at Serangoon Aveune 3
Channel NewsAsia
Wednesday, 7 October 2009, 1900 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpaGJBKb.jpg

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) received 15 bids at the close of the tender for the residential site at Serangoon Avenue 3 on Wednesday.

The site, which was originally on the Reserve List of the Government Land Sales Programme, was launched for public tender on September 9. The 99-year leasehold site has an area of about 13,877 square metres and a maximum permissible gross floor area of 38,857 square metres.

Intrepid Investments submitted the highest bid of S$221.2 million, followed by Tuas Hi-Tech Park at S$195.9 million and Keppel Land at S$190 million. The lowest bid of S$120 million came from Lippo Estates.

Li Hiaw Ho, Executive Director, CBRE Research, said: "The popularity of the Serangoon Avenue 3 site is evidenced by the 15 bids that were submitted as well as their price quantum.

"Developers are very confident of this site because it is situated next to the Lorong Chuan MRT station and is close to the Australian International School. It is also close to amenities in Serangoon Gardens and the upcoming shopping mall, nex, at Serangoon Interchange station."

CBRE said the top bid of S$221.2 million works out to S$529 per square foot per plot ratio and is 164% above the reserve price of S$83.7 million.

"This price will likely translate into a breakeven price of about S$900 psf to S$950 psf for the future condominium project to be built on this site. Based on this breakeven estimate, the possible selling price could range from S$1,000 psf to S$1,100 psf," said Li.

Recent caveats of nearby properties - The Chuan, a 999-year leasehold condo development, and the freehold Goldenhill Park - showed selling prices ranging from S$830 to S$1,000 psf, while those in the 99-year leasehold The Springbloom were selling at S$600 to S$700 psf.

URA said a decision on the award of the tender for the Serangoon Avenue 3 site will be made after the bids have been evaluated.

jasonlcl
10-10-09, 19:15
at least that's what ho bee is trying to market it as. :) targeting an even higher end segment with this kind of quantum.
Viewed the showflat today. In term of finishes and layout, Newton One is better. In term of price, quite close to each other.

andy
10-10-09, 21:30
Viewed the showflat today. In term of finishes and layout, Newton One is better. In term of price, quite close to each other.

Yes I agree that Triglight finishes are not impressive at all. Not sure if N1 rounded corners layout is better.

However no ISD frosted glass for Trilight. N1 is pretty much blocked by ISD frosted glass.

Trilight is slightly higher $psf I think for the same floor level.

chenjdd
10-10-09, 21:54
Yes I agree that Triglight finishes are not impressive at all. Not sure if N1 rounded corners layout is better.

However no ISD frosted glass for Trilight. N1 is pretty much blocked by ISD frosted glass.

Trilight is slightly higher $psf I think for the same floor level.

How is PSF for 3rm and 4rm?
How does it compare with Viva? If same level I don't go for viewing -))

andy
10-10-09, 22:17
How is PSF for 3rm and 4rm?
How does it compare with Viva? If same level I don't go for viewing -))

Everything in Trilight starts at $1650 and above. Disappointed with the huge huge planters..... However the 2bedders are pretty ok at 1109sqft.

Viva was definitely cheaper. Not sure about now;)

chenjdd
10-10-09, 22:26
Everything in Trilight starts at $1650 and above. Disappointed with the huge huge planters..... However the 2bedders are pretty ok at 1109sqft.

Viva was definitely cheaper. Not sure about now;)

ops, Tks.
i didn't make myself clear, I was asking how is the interior finish compared with Viva, and how are facilities?

andy
10-10-09, 22:33
ops, Tks.
i didn't make myself clear, I was asking how is the interior finish compared with Viva, and how are facilities?

Viva better in both cases:cool:

chenjdd
10-10-09, 23:13
Viva better in both cases:cool:

Tks! As such, I doubt Trilight, at such price tags, will go as fast as Viva.

bargain hunter
10-10-09, 23:46
anyone got updates of sales figures? i seriously doubt it can even move at any pace close to viva's at all. the quantum is just so huge! 1.8m+ for trilight 2 bedders? i don't even dare to ask about the 3 bedder prices, how far above 3m is the cheapest 3 bedder?

Tks! As such, I doubt Trilight, at such price tags, will go as fast as Viva.

richie$$$
11-10-09, 09:40
if ard 1200psf 4 condos area outside newton. i dun understand why 1.8m is expensive then.

the quantum is just so huge! 1.8m+ for trilight 2 bedders? i don't even dare to ask about the 3 bedder prices, how far above 3m is the cheapest 3 bedder?

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 10:01
its the quantum for the 3 bedders, not the psf that i find expensive.

if ard 1200psf 4 condos area outside newton. i dun understand why 1.8m is expensive then.

jsh
11-10-09, 10:05
its the quantum for the 3 bedders, not the psf that i find expensive.

The units are just too large by today's standard. if only they could make the 2 b/r of ard 900sf & 3 b/r of 1300sf , then this project should sell like hotcakes at $1650psf.

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 10:14
1200psf for 764sq ft 2 bedder at centro is "only" 920k while a similar category 2 bedder at trilight is at least 1109sq ft and costs at least twice as much. we should not be comparing like this at all but what i mean is the higher psf is combined with higher sq ft (made up mostly by a big balcony, bay windows and air con ledges) that makes it expensive but defenitely 3 bedders at above 3m are the ones that are harder to stomach.

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 10:23
"The $1,650 psf average price will be for an initial batch of 60 units. The condo will have a total 205 units, up from 152 planned initially. The increase results from Ho Bee’s decision to introduce two-bedroom units and reduce the number of four-bedders. Previously Trilight had only three- and four-bedroom apartments."

the planning was done in the boom years of prime in 2007. looks like they kept the size of the 3 bedders and sliced two 4 bedroom stacks into 2 bedders. that led to the imbalance. i thought it would be better for them to slice the 3 bedders. 4 bedders at 2336sq ft are ok, its the 3 bedders which are too big.

your specs below are those of viva's winning formula. :D

The units are just too large by today's standard. if only they could make the 2 b/r of ard 900sf & 3 b/r of 1300sf , then this project should sell like hotcakes at $1650psf.

amk
11-10-09, 11:08

. just proved every one has diff taste. to me Trilight *showroom* finishes are definitely above Newton One. And it's as good as viva. Some areas better than Viva. I prefer Viva's wardrobe, but trilight's bath/kitchen. And trilight's flooring/wall finishes in general. Viva's 4bd dry kitchen layout/position is not very logical, too near the living dining. Trilight's huge balcony is part of the look and design of the unit. It's something that I'd love to stay in if I have the $4m. :)

I think by the size of trilight, Ho Bee is trying to market this as something else. Those buying this project are not so calculative as "wasted balcony space" etc. I think it's trying to hit the luxury segment.

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 11:14
its defnitely targeted at the luxury segment. hit or not is another thing. :)

. just proved every one has diff taste. to me Trilight *showroom* finishes are definitely above Newton One. And it's as good as viva. Some areas better than Viva. I prefer Viva's wardrobe, but trilight's bath/kitchen. And trilight's flooring/wall finishes in general. Viva's 4bd dry kitchen layout/position is not very logical, too near the living dining. Trilight's huge balcony is part of the look and design of the unit. It's something that I'd love to stay in if I have the $4m. :)

I think by the size of trilight, Ho Bee is trying to market this as something else. Those buying this project are not so calculative as "wasted balcony space" etc. I think it's trying to hit the luxury segment.

richie$$$
11-10-09, 12:04
1200psf for 764sq ft 2 bedder at centro is "only" 920k while a similar category 2 bedder at trilight is at least 1109sq ft and costs at least twice as much. we should not be comparing like this at all but what i mean is the higher psf is combined with higher sq ft (made up mostly by a big balcony, bay windows and air con ledges) that makes it expensive but defenitely 3 bedders at above 3m are the ones that are harder to stomach.

u r comparing based on budget.
nt mkt practice. centro/bishan better buy 4 u.

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 12:09
i am telling you we can't compare like that. But I admit 3m+ for 3 bedder is out of budget for me. I'd rather get a 4 bedder elsewhere within prime.

you are obviously an amateur property buyer. going by market practice of solely focusing on psf. LOL. If you talk to the seasoned players, you will know that it is not their main consideration.

u r comparing based on budget.
nt mkt practice. centro/bishan better buy 4 u.

richie$$$
11-10-09, 12:14
funny. n based on wht u say, orchard area 2 use ur approach. all prices crash. u cross district 2 compare like tht leh. amk is 2 proxy overall prices.

i am telling you we can't compare like that. But I admit 3m+ for 3 bedder is out of budget for me. I'd rather get a 4 bedder elsewhere within prime.

you are obviously an amateur property buyer. going by market practice of solely focusing on psf. LOL. If you talk to the seasoned players, you will know that it is not their main consideration.

andy
11-10-09, 12:56
Trilight's huge balcony is part of the look and design of the unit. It's something that I'd love to stay in if I have the $4m. :)

You obviously have not worked out the floor area of Trilight's baywindows and planter area and air-con ledge. I measured the baywindow width of Trilight when I was there. It is nearly 2 feet from the window, the largest width I've ever seen.

But then again you could be an agent or at least someone who has much vested interest to see Triglight or over surrounding development sell many units @ high prices.

The 2300 sqft show flat unit feels like a 1700sq ft older aparment:banghead: Cyan in Keng Chin road 1100 sqft on the other hand is very well designed.

andy
11-10-09, 13:10
Bid to stop re-routing of road rejected

A SPAT between two developers about the re-routing of an access road has gone all the way to the Court of Appeal.
Both Pacific Rover and Yickvi Realty have condominium projects on adjoining parcels of land off Newton Road. But Yickvi had a right-of-way access road to its new 11-storey property that cut through Pacific Rover’s land.
Pacific Rover, which had received planning permission to build two 30-storey residential units, wanted to optimise land usage and shift part of the access road nearer to the property’s boundary. Its condominium, called Trilight, is due to be completed in April 2011.
Yickvi initially agreed to the request, provided the subterranean electric cables, pipes and other service installations beneath the road were shifted in line with the newly adjusted road.
But talks broke down last year and the case went to the High Court, which ruled Yickvi could not object to the road shift as it would not cause a major inconvenience to the occupants of its building.
Yickvi, through lawyers from Rajah & Tann, appealed to the highest court, which agreed with the earlier ruling but ordered Pacific Rover to make sure Yickvi had immediate access, whenever reasonably required, to maintain and repair the cables running under the original route.
The Court of Appeal made clear the inconvenience caused by the realignment of the access road was not the real issue.
Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong, in delivering the grounds on the court’s behalf, said: ‘First, because of the scarcity of land in Singapore, land should be allowed to be developed to its optimal potential as permitted by planning law and the claimant suffers no injury or inconvenience as a result.’
He added that allowing the road shift would prevent further suits taking place and this was a second public benefit.
Lawyers from Rodyk & Davidson, acting for Pacific Rovers, said the judgment was a landmark move as past cases showed a right-of-way cannot be changed without the consent of the party who held that right.
Lawyer Ling Tien Wah said the court showed in this case that, in certain circumstances, the change could go ahead.
‘The court held the owner of the right could not stop the other party from realigning the right-of-way, provided it was advantageous to both parties,’ he said.
DEVELOP LAND OPTIMALLY

‘Because of the scarcity of land in Singapore, land should be allowed to be developed to its optimal potential as permitted by planning law and the claimant suffers no injury or inconvenience as a result.’ -Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong
Source : Straits Times – 29 Sep 2009

Yes. Hobee refused to buy the small plot next to it because the owner asked for a lot of money. The owner then built a 11 story apartment. Not sure who is going to stay there since it will be engulfed by R@E, Trilight, Lviv and Setia. Hence Trilight needs to share a common driveway with 11th story by law.

If Hobee had bought the small plot, the land area would have been much larger. Right now, you will see that much of the land area @ Trilight is taken by the access road:banghead:

duckweed
11-10-09, 15:59
not sure if i saw the floorplan correctly.... the 2bedders at >1000sqft don't have yard and utility room.

duckweed
11-10-09, 16:38
unlike the 3- and 4-bedders, the 2-bedders don't come with a rubbish chute....
how nice of ho bee to help you decide what type of unit to buy based on the availability of rubbish chute within in the unit.

andy
11-10-09, 17:03
unlike the 3- and 4-bedders, the 2-bedders don't come with a rubbish chute....
how nice of ho bee to help you decide what type of unit to buy based on the availability of rubbish chute within in the unit.

Aiya. they didn't decide. they converted some 4 bedders into 2x 2bedders.

Hence must give up 1 rubbish chute. Otherwise must redesign, resubmit and reapprove everything.....;)

richie$$$
11-10-09, 17:46
I'd rather get a 4 bedder elsewhere within prime.

how 2 get prime a 4-bedder within prime =price of 2bedder trilight/newton1/RE?

richie$$$
11-10-09, 18:34
overseas investors find this cheap. US$1200psf 4 prime district.
tis makes difficult 4 locals like me 2 buy

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 19:25
I agree with you that Cyan's 2 bedder has a more efficient design. Quantum is about the same at 1.8m+ but psf is higher for Cyan. I quite like the idea that you can walk out onto the air-con ledge for Trilight and to dry your clothes there without being unsightly though.

You obviously have not worked out the floor area of Trilight's baywindows and planter area and air-con ledge. I measured the baywindow width of Trilight when I was there. It is nearly 2 feet from the window, the largest width I've ever seen.

But then again you could be an agent or at least someone who has much vested interest to see Triglight or over surrounding development sell many units @ high prices.

The 2300 sqft show flat unit feels like a 1700sq ft older aparment:banghead: Cyan in Keng Chin road 1100 sqft on the other hand is very well designed.

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 19:30
3m+ for 4 bedder? there are plenty of bargains around but of course, i am not going to tell you where it is. Do your own homework. :)

Price of 2 bedders is close to 1.8m for trilight/newton1/RE. Please read my sentences carefully, you keep misinterpreting the wrong things.

how 2 get prime a 4-bedder within prime =price of 2bedder trilight/newton1/RE?

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 19:32
So far 20+ to 30+ units sold at Trilight. Mainly 2 bedders. As is the case with Cyan, agents outnumber buyers.

andy
11-10-09, 19:59
So far 20+ to 30+ units sold at Trilight. Mainly 2 bedders. As is the case with Cyan, agents outnumber buyers.

Confirms my suspicion now is the best time to buy prime properties.;)

andy
11-10-09, 20:06
I agree with you that Cyan's 2 bedder has a more efficient design. Quantum is about the same at 1.8m+ but psf is higher for Cyan. I quite like the idea that you can walk out onto the air-con ledge for Trilight and to dry your clothes there without being unsightly though.

How does this walk-in air-con ledge work? Isn't it dangerous for kids if it is accessible freely?

richie$$$
11-10-09, 20:19
Price of 2 bedders is close to 1.8m for trilight/newton1/RE. Please read my sentences carefully, you keep misinterpreting the wrong things.

2bedders =
in novena askg close 2 $1.5m.
balestier askg $1.3m
orchard askg $1.9m
amk askg $1.2m

why u c high psf 4 tis? i miss d boat bt ok in line wth property prices
u compare on location 1st, then design.
if like tat, old condos in prime district better becos no count d space of aircon space

amk
11-10-09, 20:26
Price of 2 bedders is close to 1.8m for trilight/newton1/RE.
for trilight 2bds *start* at 1.8m. almost all higher floors are >2m.

andy: yes I know abt the large ledge/balcony/etc. you want to call it a $1700 psf 2300 sqft with "lots of waste of space", or a $2000 psf 1800sqft with "balcony given free" ? The reason I'm responding to you is that, it seems you already made up your mind to go in this area, and presumably ready/willing to take the current mkt level (1600 or 1800 is rhetoric), on this basis I urge u to consider Trilight over LS. Both will probably be "same price", even though LS may quote a higher psf. Ho Bee had the land at 900, he has plenty of margin to provide for quality architect/contractor/material; whereas LS land cost at 1500, even selling at 2000psf Koh Bro will have very little margin to spend on good supplies/material/contractors. It's just a matter of economics. My feeling.

However if you ask me on the merits of these projects on themselves, without the context that you are already receptive to the current level, I would had said both projects are incredibly overpriced. Trilight is now effectively 50% more than Newton One when it's launched. With this level, we are at 2007. STI is still struggling below 2700, Dubai is withdrawing all the pty investments. I feel it a bit premature to gun for this level yet. Unlike mass market, which is primarily supported by locals and high HDB resales, mid-high level are mainly supported by foreign buying (IMO). It looks a bit early now.

btw why u called me an agent ? I viewed the 4bd both at viva and trilight primarily for own stay. Just like some one said earlier, I felt I was priced out. :(

richie$$$
11-10-09, 20:29
I measured the baywindow width of Trilight when I was there. It is nearly 2 feet from the window, the largest width I've ever seen.

nice 2 build a place 2 sit on baywindow. or build part bed

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 20:36
i thought you went to the showflat? guess your agent missed pointing it out to you. its totally covered up with some metallic looking thing. safety is not a problem.

How does this walk-in air-con ledge work? Isn't it dangerous for kids if it is accessible freely?

andy
11-10-09, 20:46
i thought you went to the showflat? guess your agent missed pointing it out to you. its totally covered up with some metallic looking thing. safety is not a problem.

Yes I did. Didn't understand if the aircon was inside the metallic looking thing or outside the metallic thingy which we cannot be thru;)

Pls explain if they split the aircon ledge to be half inside and half outside?

andy
11-10-09, 20:59
However if you ask me on the merits of these projects on themselves, without the context that you are already receptive to the current level, I would had said both projects are incredibly overpriced. Trilight is now effectively 50% more than Newton One when it's launched. With this level, we are at 2007. STI is still struggling below 2700, Dubai is withdrawing all the pty investments. I feel it a bit premature to gun for this level yet. Unlike mass market, which is primarily supported by locals and high HDB resales, mid-high level are mainly supported by foreign buying (IMO). It looks a bit early now.

btw why u called me an agent ? I viewed the 4bd both at viva and trilight primarily for own stay. Just like some one said earlier, I felt I was priced out. :(
Well I doubt you will find condo at N1 launched price of $1150psf during 2006. The reality is that even N1 is selling at 1650.

Trilight is not overpriced but the quantum is. That's why I want to see what LS has to offer. Also don't forget to look at Cyan and resale.

moneyspinner
11-10-09, 21:01
Yes I did. Didn't understand if the aircon was inside the metallic looking thing or outside the metallic thingy which we cannot be thru;)

Andy, looks like you are still looking around this area. Haven't you bought VIVA earlier? Thought that was a geat project in a great location? Pricing is bit lower than CYAN and Trilight.

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 21:15
Nope. At the showflat, the area outside the asian kitchen where the sliding door will be is the air-con ledge. All of the air-con ledge is within the metallic thing. you can look at the plans in the brochure and try to imagine. :)

The dumbest thing is this:
The smallest 2 bedder at 1109sq ft (and having the smallest air-con ledge) is accessible by a sliding door BUT the washing machine is right at the other end of the kitchen. :doh:

The bigger 2 bedders at 1195sq ft and 1227sq ft have much bigger air-con ledges, yet, it shows up only as a window on the floor plans. I checked with the agent and he said that the developer will change it to a door but cannot confirm if its a bi-fold or sliding (too small an area to be practical) or some other form of door. Any other kind of door other than sliding would be inconvenient as the sink and the washing machine are on the 2 sides of that window. :doh:

So now they are caught, window deems the big air-con ledges useless and door will bring along many inconveniences as well.

richie$$$
11-10-09, 21:16
how 2 buy if v continue 2 discuss abt prices back in 2006
tough 2 make a call lookg at ur comments. get more confused. once u zoom in location its more gut feel. if i'm overseas investor where gt go into so much details like u all.

andy
11-10-09, 21:31
Andy, looks like you are still looking around this area. Haven't you bought VIVA earlier? Thought that was a geat project in a great location? Pricing is bit lower than CYAN and Trilight.

Am looking but not necessary buying. Also looking to sell a resale but not sure if timing is right?:cool:

richie$$$
11-10-09, 21:42
Am looking but not necessary buying. Also looking to sell a resale but not sure if timing is right?:cool:
wht? u made d $$ n still thinking.
no wonder i cant afford 2 buy if u keep moving d price.
:mad:

andy
11-10-09, 22:10
The bigger 2 bedders at 1195sq ft and 1227sq ft have much bigger air-con ledges, yet, it shows up only as a window on the floor plans. I checked with the agent and he said that the developer will change it to a door but cannot confirm if its a bi-fold or sliding (too small an area to be practical) or some other form of door. Any other kind of door other than sliding would be inconvenient as the sink and the washing machine are on the 2 sides of that window. :doh:

I don't understand why they have aircon ledge as big as the balcony for the 1195sqft. It's a 2bedder ....how many compressors do you need?
Is the aircon ledge area to be used to dry your clothes as well.
If so, you don't want any toddlers going past the sliding door:scared-1:

However you have certainly studied this very carefully. Are you buying?

Anyway most units have noon sun. Those that are not faces very busy Newton road. However the high floors should have good views

bargain hunter
12-10-09, 00:58
don't think i'll be buying. with sentiment at new launches cooling, i think more opportunities to buy in resale market could come next year. (sellers become more realistic).

1195? how about the killer 1227sq ft one. LOL. the aircon ledge can be used to dry clothes but doesn't seem likely if the window stays and not changed to doors for these 2 bigger 2 bedder designs.

Will need very high floors to get good views. I feel Newton One, Trilight, R@E and the upcoming L'viv are going to block one another.

you are very right about the road that is built for that 11 storey apartment block too. In the end, to maimise all the way to the boundary, they resorted to that big driveway, drop off point and road. huge wasted land area! :doh:

I don't understand why they have aircon ledge as big as the balcony for the 1195sqft. It's a 2bedder ....how many compressors do you need?
Is the aircon ledge area to be used to dry your clothes as well.
If so, you don't want any toddlers going past the sliding door:scared-1:

However you have certainly studied this very carefully. Are you buying?

Anyway most units have noon sun. Those that are not faces very busy Newton road. However the high floors should have good views

bargain hunter
12-10-09, 08:35
Published October 12, 2009
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/c.gif
Ho Bee sells 36 units of its Trilight condo
Majority of buyers, mainly S'poreans, opt for the 2-bedroom units

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

HO Bee Investment has sold 36 of the 60 units it previewed last Friday at its Trilight condo at Newton Road. The 30-storey freehold development is priced at an average of $1,650 psf.

The apartments released cost around $2-4 million per unit and Ho Bee did not offer interest absorption scheme, which was scrapped under the Sept 14 measures announced by the government to cool the private residential property market.
Ho Bee executive director Ong Chong Hua described the outcome as 'reasonable'.
'We really could not ask for more, (with our preview) coming after the cooling measures,' he added.
'We've sold 36 units, but there are many others who are interested and checking on their financials,' Mr Ong said.
'This is not a normal shoebox apartment development,' he quipped, referring to the fact that Trilight does not have anything smaller than two-bedroom units, and even these are generously sized at between 1,109 sq ft and 1,227 sq ft.
The flipside of this strategy of having decent-sized units is that the lumpsum price per apartment is sizeable. The cheapest two-bedder at Trilight costs $1.82 million. It is on the development's fifth floor (the lowest level in the 30-storey condo).
Reflecting the fact that affordability remains an issue with buyers, the majority of Trilight's buyers picked up two-bedroom apartments. Twenty-six of the 32 two-bedders Ho Bee offered were taken up, along with eight of the 21 three-bedders and two of the seven four-bedroom apartments on offer.
While two-bedders cost between $1.82 million and $2.2 million, the three-bedroom units are priced at $3.5-3.65 million and four-bedders at around $4 million each.
Trilight's buyers were predominantly Singaporeans. Only three of the 36 units sold were bought by Singapore permanent residents.
There was even a US tourist couple visiting Singapore that picked up a unit.
As for the Singaporean buyers, Mr Ong said: 'They have private addresses, are generally over 40 years old, and discerning; they know what they want. They like the location - its proximity to Newton Hawker Centre and the MRT station.'
Trilight, a 205-unit development, comprises two-, three- and four-bedroom apartments and three penthouses.
The 60 units Ho Bee previewed last week did not include penthouses. Each unit in the development has a private lift.
The project is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and DTZ.
Ho Bee is developing Trilight on the former Elmira Heights site, at the highest point in the Newton area.

Laguna
12-10-09, 08:42
Rather disappointed with the facilities. Any one count how many deck chair can be placed at the pool side for the 200 units project?
how much space u can have to stroll after dinner?

bargain hunter
12-10-09, 09:18
"Ho Bee executive director Ong Chong Hua described the outcome as 'reasonable'." <---meaning, our sales suck.

"Trilight's buyers were predominantly Singaporeans. Only three of the 36 units sold were bought by Singapore permanent residents.
There was even a US tourist couple visiting Singapore that picked up a unit." <---meaning, foreigners are not buying this project.

"As for the Singaporean buyers, Mr Ong said: 'They have private addresses, are generally over 40 years old, and discerning; they know what they want. They like the location - its proximity to Newton Hawker Centre and the MRT station.'" <---local buyers pay so much just to be near newton hawker centre and mrt station? :confused: if that's the case, they are better off buying heartland. This Ho Bee spokesperson doesn't know what he is talking about.

bargain hunter
12-10-09, 09:22
can stroll on the road leading to the driveway, that's the largest plot of "facilities" if you exclude the pool. LOL. As Andy pointed out, as though the plot of land is not small enough, so much of it had to go to the road and the driveway.

Rather disappointed with the facilities. Any one count how many deck chair can be placed at the pool side for the 200 units project?
how much space u can have to stroll after dinner?

Reporter
12-10-09, 09:38
Hong Kong luxury segment has already hit S$6,000 psf (HK$30,025 psf)
Let's see if Singapore CCR can catch up.
Singapore's CCR can only hit S$6,000 psf if the economy stage a V-shaped rrecovery.

http://www.afp.com/files/resources/image/en/logo.png
Singapore economy grows 0.8%
Agence France-Presse
Singapore
Monday, 12 October 2009

Singapore's economy grew by an estimated 0.8% in the three months to September from a year ago, the first such growth in five quarters, the government said Monday.

While gross domestic product (GDP) will fall in 2009, the government amended its full-year 2009 forecast to a contraction of 2.0 to 2.5%, well below the previous estimate of negative 4.0 to 6.0%.

"A clear but modest recovery is underway globally, at least for the next three or four quarters," the ministry of trade and industry said in a statement.

The year-on-year expansion confirmed Singapore's recovery from the worst recession in its history, which began in the second quarter of 2008.

andy
12-10-09, 09:38
can stroll on the road leading to the driveway, that's the largest plot of "facilities" if you exclude the pool. LOL. As Andy pointed out, as though the plot of land is not small enough, so much of it had to go to the road and the driveway.

Both Ho Bee and the 11th owner are so stupid not to have come to an agreement before. :banghead:

Spent more money to go to high court and reroute the road/utilities?
Who is to going to rent or stay in the 11th apartment? Anyway 11 story apartment got free guardhouse and guards

This is what I call a you lose, I lose situation.:2cents:

andy
12-10-09, 09:41
don't think i'll be buying. with sentiment at new launches cooling, i think more opportunities to buy in resale market could come next year. (sellers become more realistic).

You mean resale market could take off next year? Why?

Nothing is moving now even for the pages and pages of adverts.

Think new sales still better.;)

bargain hunter
12-10-09, 09:52
i feel that the gap between buyers and sellers' expectations could close next year with buyers willing to pay a bit more and sellers' asking willing to come down a bit. Precisely. Nothing is moving in resale market now and news reports are still calling the market hot. LOL.

You mean resale market could take off next year? Why?

Nothing is moving now even for the pages and pages of adverts.

Think new sales still better.;)

Reporter
12-10-09, 10:16
:doh:

Looks like investors can continue to borrow more.
MAS is keeping its easy monetary policy.

http://www.reuters.com/resources/images/logo_reuters_media_us.gif
Banks in focus after monetary policy and stronger-than-expected GDP growth
Harry Suhartono
Reuters
Singapore
Monday, 12 October 2009, 8:21am CCT

Singapore banks are likely to be in the spotlight on Monday after the central bank announced there would be no change in its easy policy stance and reported stronger-than-expected economic growth in the third quarter. U.S. stocks climbed on Friday, with the Dow hitting a closing high for 2009, as investors anticipated positive news from next week's key earnings reports and bullish broker comments boosted tech shares.

richie$$$
12-10-09, 10:27
Will need very high floors to get good views. I feel Newton One, Trilight, R@E and the upcoming L'viv are going to block one another.

which condo in newton has clear views? pls share

richie$$$
12-10-09, 10:43
i plan 2 buy a unit in newton n prepared to hv views blocked.
outside prime districts i c balestier/bishan/amk area also be havng tis blocked views soon.

so why there so much talk of tis? becos of blocked views in prime? if outside prime, no issue? any foreign investors here who can share whether they r particular abt blocked views. like tht orchard / cairnhill condos cant sell?

moneyspinner
12-10-09, 10:57
i feel that the gap between buyers and sellers' expectations could close next year with buyers willing to pay a bit more and sellers' asking willing to come down a bit. Precisely. Nothing is moving in resale market now and news reports are still calling the market hot. LOL.

Think the near term future of the property market will depend on how the global economy and the STI perform. A bullish STI should free up more funds for diversification into properties.:)

dtrax
12-10-09, 13:48
"Ho Bee executive director Ong Chong Hua described the outcome as 'reasonable'." <---meaning, our sales suck.

"Trilight's buyers were predominantly Singaporeans. Only three of the 36 units sold were bought by Singapore permanent residents.
There was even a US tourist couple visiting Singapore that picked up a unit." <---meaning, foreigners are not buying this project.

"As for the Singaporean buyers, Mr Ong said: 'They have private addresses, are generally over 40 years old, and discerning; they know what they want. They like the location - its proximity to Newton Hawker Centre and the MRT station.'" <---local buyers pay so much just to be near newton hawker centre and mrt station? :confused: if that's the case, they are better off buying heartland. This Ho Bee spokesperson doesn't know what he is talking about.

~$2m for 2bedders not cheap wor and somemore at D11, for that budget got so many options to hunt for 1 closer to orchard and furthermore most of purchase are still predominantly locals.

I like the report about the US tourist come and randomly buy one.. how I wish I can be like them next time haha

richie$$$
12-10-09, 14:58
~$2m for 2bedders not cheap wor and somemore at D11, for that budget got so many options to hunt for 1 closer to orchard and furthermore most of purchase are still predominantly locals.

for tht price u hv options closer 2 orchard? new projects? where?

andy
12-10-09, 15:07

Not new projects lah.......

tot u only wanted R@E, not new projects. You changed yr mind?

richie$$$
12-10-09, 16:48
Not new projects lah.......

tot u only wanted R@E, not new projects. You changed yr mind?

1st priority = upside on capital gains
2nd priority = near to school
orchard will definitely b preferred 2 newton. newton will b preferred 2 novena n novena will b preferred 2 balestier, if i move along d scotts road, newton road, then novena junction then 2 balestier road.

prices r moving up fm d other side of d town due 2 mass mkt n prices fm orchard end shld readjust over time n push prices up fm orchard end to balestier end.

past yrs, foreign investors pushing prices fm orchard end.
tis few mths locals pushing fm d other end.

andy
12-10-09, 17:08
1st priority = upside on capital gains
2nd priority = near to school
orchard will definitely b preferred 2 newton. newton will b preferred 2 novena n novena will b preferred 2 balestier, if i move along d scotts road, newton road, then novena junction then 2 balestier road.

prices r moving up fm d other side of d town due 2 mass mkt n prices fm orchard end shld readjust over time n push prices up fm orchard end to balestier end.

past yrs, foreign investors pushing prices fm orchard end.
tis few mths locals pushing fm d other end.

Yes you are learning fast.

But no lah I'm afraid you are approaching capital gains the wrong way. You need to think some more;)

mr funny
12-10-09, 17:57
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,354133,00.html?

Published October 12, 2009

Ho Bee sells 36 units of its Trilight condo

Majority of buyers, mainly S'poreans, opt for the 2-bedroom units

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

HO Bee Investment has sold 36 of the 60 units it previewed last Friday at its Trilight condo at Newton Road. The 30-storey freehold development is priced at an average of $1,650 psf.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-10-12/BT_IMAGES_KRNEWTON12.jpg
The Newton Road address: Two-bedders cost between $1.82 million and $2.2 million, the three-bedroom units are priced at $3.5-3.65 million and four-bedders at around $4 million each

The apartments released cost around $2-4 million per unit and Ho Bee did not offer interest absorption scheme, which was scrapped under the Sept 14 measures announced by the government to cool the private residential property market.

Ho Bee executive director Ong Chong Hua described the outcome as 'reasonable'.

'We really could not ask for more, (with our preview) coming after the cooling measures,' he added.

'We've sold 36 units, but there are many others who are interested and checking on their financials,' Mr Ong said.

'This is not a normal shoebox apartment development,' he quipped, referring to the fact that Trilight does not have anything smaller than two-bedroom units, and even these are generously sized at between 1,109 sq ft and 1,227 sq ft.

The flipside of this strategy of having decent-sized units is that the lumpsum price per apartment is sizeable. The cheapest two-bedder at Trilight costs $1.82 million. It is on the development's fifth floor (the lowest level in the 30-storey condo).

Reflecting the fact that affordability remains an issue with buyers, the majority of Trilight's buyers picked up two-bedroom apartments. Twenty-six of the 32 two-bedders Ho Bee offered were taken up, along with eight of the 21 three-bedders and two of the seven four-bedroom apartments on offer.

While two-bedders cost between $1.82 million and $2.2 million, the three-bedroom units are priced at $3.5-3.65 million and four-bedders at around $4 million each.

Trilight's buyers were predominantly Singaporeans. Only three of the 36 units sold were bought by Singapore permanent residents.

There was even a US tourist couple visiting Singapore that picked up a unit.

As for the Singaporean buyers, Mr Ong said: 'They have private addresses, are generally over 40 years old, and discerning; they know what they want. They like the location - its proximity to Newton Hawker Centre and the MRT station.'

Trilight, a 205-unit development, comprises two-, three- and four-bedroom apartments and three penthouses.

The 60 units Ho Bee previewed last week did not include penthouses. Each unit in the development has a private lift.

The project is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and DTZ.

Ho Bee is developing Trilight on the former Elmira Heights site, at the highest point in the Newton area.

pweesng
12-10-09, 18:05

Of course there are...

Look at the RV area.. there are still properties trading below that price... i think Martin Place Residence is close to that price.. Waterford and Wharf Residence... are below that price.

disclaimer: i'm vested in one of the development...

richie$$$
12-10-09, 20:55
Of course there are...

Look at the RV area.. there are still properties trading below that price... i think Martin Place Residence is close to that price.. Waterford and Wharf Residence... are below that price.

disclaimer: i'm vested in one of the development...

bt i'm looking at condos near Mrt. some1 say can get prices wthn orchard.

richie$$$
12-10-09, 22:34
Yes you are learning fast.

But no lah I'm afraid you are approaching capital gains the wrong way. You need to think some more;)

i c my earlier comments summarizes d mkt.
bt u being a seller, how come dun sell? still waiting 2 c. tht d problem v buyers hv. sellers like u keep moving prices. sell lah.

andy
12-10-09, 22:37
i c my earlier comments summarizes d mkt.
bt u being a seller, how come dun sell? still waiting 2 c. tht d problem v buyers hv. sellers like u keep moving prices. sell lah.

Like I said before, no one is looking at resale market:doh:

moneyspinner
12-10-09, 22:42
Like I said before, no one is looking at resale market:doh:

Why is this so? Why does everybody wants to enrich the developers only? or Is there something wrong with the sellers in the resale market which put off the buyers? What sort of bull market is this if at all?:doh:

andy
12-10-09, 23:14
Why is this so? Why does everybody wants to enrich the developers only? or Is there something wrong with the sellers in the resale market which put off the buyers? What sort of bull market is this if at all?:doh:

Sellers are looking @ replacement value. Buyers are only looking at specific quantum and delayed cashout:banghead:

It's a qualitative bull market......:cool:

pweesng
13-10-09, 09:28
Sellers are looking @ replacement value. Buyers are only looking at specific quantum and delayed cashout:banghead:

It's a qualitative bull market......:cool:

I agree. This basically sums up the secondary market. sellers kept moving their price, because they priced it at replacement value.

"If I sell today, where else can I buy with the kind of money I will be getting..." My personal belief is that, I would like to leave some profit on the table for my buyer to take.

It I am priced at market price, unless I have a damn good unit, why would anyone want to buy from me? And if I have a damn good unit, I would be selling above market price. With this kind of mentality, seller either need to be very lucky and find a big sucker, or be prepared to hold it out.

Secondly, If I want to sell out at this area, obviously I have to be prepared to take some money off the table and downgrade in terms of size or location. If seller is looking for exact replacement value, why bother to sell? Might as well stay put.

In this sense, I personally felt that property players in Singapore are not as savvy as those you see in Hong Kong.

The fault does not all lies with seller. I have come across buyer, who is just simply offering ridiculous price. I had a buyer who offered me $10 bucks difference from what I was asking for. Even in absolute quantum, the difference is about $10k. Normally, I would have just given the discount. But the buyer gave me the crappiest excuse, I did not feel like backing down.

Apparently he said he found the dream apartment for him and his wife to stay. But they are very tight on cash, they could not afford to pay the extra $10 psf. The total quantum of the apartment was $1.6 million. What is another $10k, especially so if it is suppose to be the dream home!

So I thot I will help him save some money, and not sell it to him. And I dare to say, I was most probably the lowest asking price in the whole development...

my 2 cents worth.

proud owner
13-10-09, 09:34
overseas investors find this cheap. US$1200psf 4 prime district.
tis makes difficult 4 locals like me 2 buy

are you sure ?

in manhattan with central park and hudson river view .. walk to rockefeller , broadway ...with all amenities ... is less than US1200 psf

and manhattan is definitely a better city than singapore ...

andy
13-10-09, 09:52
I agree. This basically sums up the secondary market. sellers kept moving their price, because they priced it at replacement value.

"If I sell today, where else can I buy with the kind of money I will be getting..." My personal belief is that, I would like to leave some profit on the table for my buyer to take.

It I am priced at market price, unless I have a damn good unit, why would anyone want to buy from me? And if I have a damn good unit, I would be selling above market price. With this kind of mentality, seller either need to be very lucky and find a big sucker, or be prepared to hold it out.

Secondly, If I want to sell out at this area, obviously I have to be prepared to take some money off the table and downgrade in terms of size or location. If seller is looking for exact replacement value, why bother to sell? Might as well stay put.

In this sense, I personally felt that property players in Singapore are not as savvy as those you see in Hong Kong.

The fault does not all lies with seller. I have come across buyer, who is just simply offering ridiculous price. I had a buyer who offered me $10 bucks difference from what I was asking for. Even in absolute quantum, the difference is about $10k. Normally, I would have just given the discount. But the buyer gave me the crappiest excuse, I did not feel like backing down.

Apparently he said he found the dream apartment for him and his wife to stay. But they are very tight on cash, they could not afford to pay the extra $10 psf. The total quantum of the apartment was $1.6 million. What is another $10k, especially so if it is suppose to be the dream home!

So I thot I will help him save some money, and not sell it to him. And I dare to say, I was most probably the lowest asking price in the whole development...

my 2 cents worth.

You didn't sell cos of 10K. How much would you have made?:banghead:

Reporter
14-10-09, 19:09
sorry that's cheap. :)

it's already HK$75,000 psf, for this project: http://www.thecullinan.com.hk/

(SHK just raised price by 50% last month.)
S$15,000 psf (HK$75,000 psf)?
Err ... sorry, that's cheap too!

It's S$20,000 psf (HK$100,000 psf) now!!!!!!!!!!

Please visit the following website to view your dream(s):
http://www.39conduitroad.com.hk/index.html

Reporter
29-10-09, 14:05
http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Newton One apartment hits $1,676 psf
The Edge
Monday, 26 October 2009

There was a flurry of activity in the Newton Road area, with five transactions of between $1,100 and $1,676 psf carried out from Sept 25 to Oct 2, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. The highest psf transacted price for that week was seen at a 1,216 sq ft, 10th-floor apartment at Newton One — it was sold for $2.038 million or $1,676 psf. Another transaction that took place in the same tower was for a 21st-floor, 1,808 sq ft apartment that changed hands for $3.028 million ($1,675 psf).

Newton One, a 91-unit freehold luxury condominium project by Lippo Group, received its TOP just a few months ago. It was launched in mid- 2006 at $1,200 to $1,250 psf, which was considered a new price benchmark in the Newton area at a time when most developments there were fetching around $1,000 psf.

The two sellers at Newton One must be pretty pleased with their sale. The owner of the two-bedroom 1216 sqft apartment on the 10th floor purchased it from the developer in July 2006 for $1.36 million, or $1,122 psf. He enjoyed a 49% price appreciation from the transaction.

Meanwhile, the owner of the three-bedroom 1,808 sq ft apartment on the 21st floor who sold the unit at $1,675 psf, purchased it in a sub-sale in May 2007 for $2.72 million ($1,504 psf). The previous owner had purchased the unit during its launch in July 2006 for $2.235 million or $1,236 psf.

These transactions show that prices at Newton One are back to the boom levels seen two years ago. The highest price achieved in the project was when a 23rd-storey, 1,916 sq ft apartment changed hands in a sub-sale at $2,000 psf, or a quantum price of $3.832 million, in December 2007.

Owners at Newton One are probably benchmarking their asking prices to new launches in the neighbourhood. Right next door is Ho Bee Group’s Trilight, which started its private preview on Oct 9. To date, of the 60 units released, 51 have been sold at an average price of $1,650 psf. The 205-unit condo is expected to be completed in 2012.

Meanwhile, further down the road, joint-venture partners Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group previewed Lincoln Suites last Thursday. Fifty-six units will be released in the first phase, with prices starting from $1,680 psf. The project will contain a mix of units ranging from studio and one-bedroom apartments to duplexes and penthouses.

Older developments in the vicinity, however, have not quite crossed the $1,600 psf level. Just a few doors from Newton One is Newton Euro Asia, a freehold condo by Euro-Asia Realty completed in 2004. A 1184 sqft apartment on the 12th floor changed hands at $1.48 million ($1,250 psf) in a resale. The seller had bought the unit in June for $1.28 million ($1,081 psf), hence flipping the property for a 16% gain in just four months.

Across the road is Newton 18, an 81-unit freehold luxury condo project by Wing Tai Holdings completed five years ago. The most recent caveat showed that an apartment on the 28th floor of the 30-storey condo was sold for $1.38 million, or $1,491 psf. The highest transacted price psf in the development was for an 807 sq ft, ninth-floor apartment — it was sold for $1.32 million, or $1,635 sq ft, in November 2007.

Wing Tai’s other project (next door to Newton 18) is the 99-year leasehold, 311-unit Amaryllis Ville, which was also completed five years ago. The most recent transaction in the development was for a fifth-floor unit that was sold for $1.36 million or $1,100 psf. The previous owner had purchased the 1,238 sq ft two-bedroom apartment in March 2007 for $1.28 million ($1,030 psf).

So, it looks like the new high-end developments in the Newton area are testing new price levels. Residences@Evelyn, a freehold luxury 208-unit l condo located on the quiet and exclusive Evelyn Road, just off Newton Road, saw a 28th-floor apartment in one of the twin towers changing hands at $1.88 million or $1,650 psf. The 1,141 sq ft apartment was first bought in October 2006 for $1.45 million or $1,280 psf. But, Newton One, being the newest condo on the block, is able to command a slight premium for now.

Reporter
10-11-09, 08:03
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/html/bto5/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Ho Bee and MCL sell 51 units at Parvis
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Ho Bee Investment and MCL Land last week sold 51 units at their Parvis condo at Holland Hill at an average price of about $1,480 psf.

Unlike the recent trend of smallest units in a project selling out first, what happened at Parvis was quite the reverse, with 4-bedroom apartments accounting for the most number of units sold – 19. This was followed by two-bedders (15 units) and three-bedders (14 units).

MCL and Ho Bee even sold 3 penthouses in response to buyer interest, although these were not part of the initial batch of 85 units they released for the preview.

They are now proceeding to do an official launch of the project at the weekend, when they will release more units in the freehold condo, which has a total of 248 units. The 12-storey project is being built on the former Holland Hill Mansions site.

Ho Bee general manager Chong Hock Chang revealed that ex-owners of Holland Hill Mansions had picked up 7 apartments.

Singaporeans bought 39 of the 51 units sold. Permanent residents and foreigners acquired the remaining 12 units; they were mostly Malaysians, with some Indonesians, Mr Chong added.

The three penthouses sold comprise two single-level units of 2,300 sqft each, with three bedrooms and costing about $3.3 million apiece, and a 2,800-sqft duplex unit with four bedrooms, priced at about $4.1 million. The duplex was picked up by a foreigner while Singaporeans bought the two single-level penthouses.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-10-12/BT_IMAGES_KRNEWTON12.jpg

Last month, Ho Bee released the freehold Trilight condo on Newton Road. To date, it has sold 61 units in the 30-storey project at an average price of $1,650 psf.

bargain hunter
10-11-09, 09:41
hmm, after selling 36 units in the first weekend, only 25 units sold in the past 1 month...

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/html/bto5/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Ho Bee and MCL sell 51 units at Parvis
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Ho Bee Investment and MCL Land last week sold 51 units at their Parvis condo at Holland Hill at an average price of about $1,480 psf.

Unlike the recent trend of smallest units in a project selling out first, what happened at Parvis was quite the reverse, with 4-bedroom apartments accounting for the most number of units sold – 19. This was followed by two-bedders (15 units) and three-bedders (14 units).

MCL and Ho Bee even sold 3 penthouses in response to buyer interest, although these were not part of the initial batch of 85 units they released for the preview.

They are now proceeding to do an official launch of the project at the weekend, when they will release more units in the freehold condo, which has a total of 248 units. The 12-storey project is being built on the former Holland Hill Mansions site.

Ho Bee general manager Chong Hock Chang revealed that ex-owners of Holland Hill Mansions had picked up 7 apartments.

Singaporeans bought 39 of the 51 units sold. Permanent residents and foreigners acquired the remaining 12 units; they were mostly Malaysians, with some Indonesians, Mr Chong added.

The three penthouses sold comprise two single-level units of 2,300 sqft each, with three bedrooms and costing about $3.3 million apiece, and a 2,800-sqft duplex unit with four bedrooms, priced at about $4.1 million. The duplex was picked up by a foreigner while Singaporeans bought the two single-level penthouses.

Last month, Ho Bee released the freehold Trilight condo on Newton Road. To date, it has sold 61 units in the 30-storey project at an average price of $1,650 psf.

Reporter
16-11-09, 13:02
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Trilight .............. CCR ........ 58 ............................ 58 .............................. 1,836 ............ 1,684 ............ 1,639
$1,836 psf is definitely a good start for Trilight.

Reporter
15-12-09, 18:04
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Trilight .............. CCR ........ 66 ............................ 9 ................................ 1,747 ............ 1,649 ............ 1,639
Too bad! Didn't managed to break launch's high of $1,836 psf.

Reporter
15-01-10, 23:16
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of December 2009

Trilight ............ CCR ....... 73 ........................ 7 ........................... 1,842 ........... 1,769 ........... 1,704
Wow!
Trilight has set a new high of $1,842 psf.
Amazing, isn't it?

dmonddd
16-01-10, 14:07
looks like those spoke negatively shld be slamming their heads agst the wall. :banghead:

dmonddd
16-01-10, 14:10
;) phew
since i've gone into the mkt hope this is a point of no return for price downtrend for another 5 yrs.

dmonddd
16-01-10, 14:10
;) phew
since i've gone into the mkt hope this is a point of no return for price downtrend for another 5 yrs.

Reporter
26-01-10, 09:42
http://bhtest.asia1.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Signs of a mild property fever as private home sales gather pace
Developers have sold over 900 units this month as bullish sentiment returns
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Developers have sold more than 900 private homes so far this month - based on BT's poll of developers and property agents - and with another week to go, the tally is easily expected to cross 1,000 units by month's end.

Besides Allgreen Properties' Holland Residences, which will be previewed this week, Wing Tai is said to be at an advanced stage of preparation for an imminent preview for L'Viv at Newton Road. The average price is touted at about $1,900 psf - $2,000 psf - significantly higher than the $1,700 psf average price at which Ho Bee is selling its Trilight condo nearby.

Wing Tai is eyeing a higher psf price by offering smallish units (thus keeping the absolute lump sum price per unit 'affordable' to potential buyers). The developer is said to be packaging its project with Deferred Payment Scheme as it had clinched approval for it before the scheme was scrapped in 2007.

L'Viv comprises a total of 147 units - 72 units have 1 bedroom and a study and these come in 2 sizes, both 600-sq ft plus; another 72 units have 2 bedrooms and a study (all about 1,000 sqft); and there are 3 penthouses (all 3-bedders).

Trilight does not have any 1-bedders. It has 2-, 3- and 4-bedders as well as penthouses. 2-bedders range from 1,100 to 1,200 sqft.

http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/quoteTop.gif
'Frankly, it's very hard to deter people from buying, if you look at how strong the HDB resale market is. There's very strong bottom-up support.'

- Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng,
. when asked if the authorities are likely to come up with
. fresh measures to cool the market if another round of
. buying frenzy builds up
http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/quoteBot.gif

Fortune Development is also slated to begin previewing this week RV Edge in the River Valley/Shanghai Road vicinity. The 108-unit freehold project, being marketed by Huttons, comprises mostly smallish apartments ranging from 1-bedders to 2-bedroom with study units. The smallest unit is about 400 sqft. Prices are expected to start from $600,000-plus per apartment.

City Developments Ltd (CDL) said yesterday evening that it has sold about 85% or about 150 of the the total 177 units at its Cube 8 condo at Thomson Road, which it began previewing last week.

Singaporeans bought 75% of the units sold. The other 25% were picked up by permanent residents (PRs) and other foreigners - mainly from Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Korea, India, China and Europe.

The District 11 freehold project was initially priced at $1,250 psf on average but prices were upped 2-3% for subsequent releases.

CDL group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong said in a statement that the buyers were an 'equal mix of owner-occupiers and investors' and that this pointed to the development's appeal to both home owners and investors.

Some market watchers suggest, however, that the project has probably also drawn a fair number of specuvestors. Slightly over half of the total 177 units comprised one and two bedders and these were the first to go, mirroring the pattern for other projects that were launched in Districts 9, 10 and 11 last year.

Trilight

In addition to the buying buzz created this month from the release of new projects, some developers have been pleasantly surprised with a steady stream of activity even for existing projects that have been on the market for at least a few months. For instance, Ho Bee Investment has sold about 60 units at its Parvis condo at Holland Hill and 10 units at Trilight since the start of the year.

CDL is also understood to have sold more than 50 units at its Livia condo in Pasir Ris this month and the 724-unit project is now left with about 10 units.

'Sentiment has picked in the mid and high-end markets because of the improvement in the economy; the imminent opening of the two integrated resorts (IRs) may also have given a psychological boost to foreign buying interest, which seems to be returning,' says Ho Bee executive director Ong Chong Hua.

Agreeing, a fellow developer said: 'We're seeing a bigger variety of buyers from the region this round - including markets like Myanmar and Laos.'

UOL Group has sold this month 25 units at Double Bay Residences in Simei and 18 units at Meadows @ Peirce along Upper Thomson Road. The group plans to launch two projects in the first half of this year - a 99-year-leasehold condo with about 600-plus units at Dakota Crescent and a project with some 170 units on the Rainbow Gardens site in the Toh Tuck area. The latter will be a joint development with LaSalle Asia Opportunity II fund.

Developers' home sales slipped below the 1,000-unit per month mark in Q4 last year as they wound down their launch activities towards year-end. Some potential buyers had also grown cautious following the government's measures in September to cool the property fever.

However, fear of missing the boat appears to be re-igniting with strong signs of another round of price hikes this year.

'For the economy, the worst is over and much of the physical infrastructure investment like the IRs is close to completion,' says Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng.

Asked if the authorities are likely to come up with fresh measures to cool the market if another wave of buying frenzy builds up, Mr Tan said: 'Frankly, it's very hard to deter people from buying, if you look at how strong the HDB resale market is. There's very strong bottom-up support.'

Reporter
17-02-10, 22:46
Trilight's all-time high of $1,842 psf, set in December 2009, has been broken.
The nëw hïgh is now $1,869 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
Trilight ............ CCR ....... 90 ........................ 18 .......................... 1,869 ........... 1,754 ........... 1,669

Reporter
15-03-10, 13:44
Wow!
Trilight has a nëw hïgh of $1,921 psf now!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
Trilight ............ CCR ....... 108 ....................... 18 ......................... 1,921 ........... 1,738 ........... 1,670

Reporter
15-03-10, 14:00
Sorry! Prices above are for February 2010 - not January 2010.

Reporter
15-04-10, 18:55
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2010
Trilight ............ CCR ....... 122 ...................... 14 .......................... 1,848 ........... 1,741 ........... 1,701

Reporter
17-05-10, 18:11
Trilight in District 11 has a nëw hïgh of $2,002 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
Trilight ............ CCR ....... 147 ....................... 25 ......................... 2,002 ........... 1,793 ........... 1,702

Daniel33
06-12-12, 16:39
Dear all,

If you are looking around for lighting for your home, Please do consider installing LED lightings.
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/1848/benefitsofledlight.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/5245/ledazzledsextusbanner.jpg

Ledazzled's 9W Samsung LED Chip downlight cost S$56 per piece and it comes with 3 years warranty. We provide free lighting consultation for home owners which we will advise on the layout of light fixtures(e.g. downlights) based on your floor plan.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at 63920353/97355642 or [email protected]. Our website is www.ledazzled.com and our prices are transparent.

In addition, if there is group buys of minimum 5 homes, a 5% discount will be given.

Warmest Regards,
Daniel
[email protected]
www.ledazzled.com

Rysk
26-12-12, 18:37
Trilight in District 11 has a nëw hïgh of $2,002 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
Trilight ............ CCR ....... 147 ....................... 25 ......................... 2,002 ........... 1,793 ........... 1,702
MR B said 1000x.. must not hide the fact & information.. :D

TRILIGHT NEWTON ROAD Condominium 2,660,000 1,195 Strata 2,226psf Dec-12

Perlin
04-01-13, 14:29
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin :)
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert

richie$$$
29-01-13, 14:42
Not much capital appreciation.
200-300 psf profits for d11 only

bargain hunter
29-01-13, 14:56
already not bad. some other ccr fared worse.

Not much capital appreciation.
200-300 psf profits for d11 only

richie$$$
29-01-13, 15:17
Good to buy now since most prime districts d10 d9 r below their prime prices