PDA

View Full Version : Kembangan Suites (D14, Freehold)

Pages : 1 [2]

Lovelle
09-04-11, 20:10
interesting...even city fringe rental is climbing faster then CCR.

time to look at city fringe,,,maybe give up the clift liao

kaizhe
10-04-11, 00:18
Curious... but not really crucial la.

Project Name

Address

No. of Units

Area (sqm)

Type of Area

Transacted Price ($)

Unit Price ($ psm)

Unit Price ($ psf)

Contract Date

Property Type

Tenure

Completion Date

Type of Sale

Purchaser Address Indicator

Postal District

Postal Sector

Postal Code

Planning Region

Planning Area

KEMBANGAN SUITES 16 Jalan Masjid #03-14 1 52 Strata 730,000 14038 1304 25-MAR-2011 Apartment Freehold Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 14 41 418941 East Region Bedok

mcmlxxvi
10-04-11, 09:44
Project Name

Address

No. of Units

Area (sqm)

Type of Area

Transacted Price ($)

Unit Price ($ psm)

Unit Price ($ psf)

Contract Date

Property Type

Tenure

Completion Date

Type of Sale

Purchaser Address Indicator

Postal District

Postal Sector

Postal Code

Planning Region

Planning Area

KEMBANGAN SUITES 16 Jalan Masjid #03-14 1 52 Strata 730,000 14038 1304 25-MAR-2011 Apartment Freehold Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 14 41 418941 East Region Bedok
Ah. Hdb upgrader or investor...

bullman
10-04-11, 09:50
Stack 14 faces the trumps and park connector right ? If so, it has a pretty nice and open view. There seems to be resistance since the last high of $1313 psf. I guess the next push will be upon TOP by another 10%. Even then, it still falls short of my target price. I will most probably be keeping both units for long term rental and wait for another cycle. The cost of replacement is simply too high now.

mcmlxxvi
10-04-11, 10:12
Stack 14 faces the trumps and park connector right ? If so, it has a pretty nice and open view. There seems to be resistance since the last high of $1313 psf. I guess the next push will be upon TOP by another 10%. Even then, it still falls short of my target price. I will most probably be keeping both units for long term rental and wait for another cycle. The cost of replacement is simply too high now.
Its facing the adjacent building head on. This stack near to the middle. You can see Trumps if you peer sideways out of the window...

devilplate
10-04-11, 10:40
Its facing the adjacent building head on. This stack near to the middle. You can see Trumps if you peer sideways out of the window...

the worse will b facing kem plaza

mcmlxxvi
10-04-11, 10:55
the worse will b facing kem plaza
Well I hearsay that it will block the mrt noise... But I seriously doubt much effect. Maybe should stand there for like 10 mins when there is no more construction noise to mask it to experience it.

bullman
10-04-11, 10:59

In that case, this is poor facing unit. The prices at KS are indeed rising. That unit that was sold for 1313 psf had the best facing among those that were sold lately.

devilplate
10-04-11, 11:40
its considered vy impressive to hit 7xxk for a 1bedder....quantum high and yet 1300psf....vy gd oredi...more impressive den a 3xxsqft ,1500psf

mcmlxxvi
10-04-11, 14:55
In that case, this is poor facing unit. The prices at KS are indeed rising. That unit that was sold for 1313 psf had the best facing among those that were sold lately.

Not that bad la... Not as close to Kem Plaza

jezz
10-04-11, 14:59
considered location and for the east lover, this is indeed pretty neat proj

but putting off by the commercials shops below. if it tenanted to curtain makers, worst gaming centre then surely sian lor

dats why i always avoid commercial cum residential dev

Not that bad la... Not as close to Kem Plaza

aristos
27-04-11, 19:31
Any idea when TOP really is?

fiat500
27-04-11, 19:49
Any idea when TOP really is?
i'm very curious also?seems like the project was completed couple of months back,now there's still no sign of t.o.p:scared-5:

kaizhe
27-04-11, 19:55
KEMBANGAN SUITES JALAN MASJID Apartment 1 605,000 420 Strata 1,441 Apr-11

new high 1441 psf :scared-4:

aristos
22-05-11, 11:02
Still no news??

bullman
23-05-11, 14:28
Still no news??

No news yet. According to developer, there is a slight delay in TOP. I guess it will TOP closer to end June.

ks999
01-06-11, 22:10
Hmm...waiting for the next stage of completion, which is car park, then TOP, then completion.

Waiting since Q1.

jezz
01-06-11, 23:15
Hmm...waiting for the next stage of completion, which is car park, then TOP, then completion.

Waiting since Q1.

is dev macly? i realized they got another one in rangoon road called suites 123. long finished but din hear any sounds of TOP? wonder why????

also realized mechanized car park always the culprit in delaying the TOP date. it happened in one of my projects, the mechanized car park took 2 months from maintenance to fully in operational and then issued TOP

aristos
10-06-11, 14:24
Yay finally TOP. Key collection next week 15th.

mcmlxxvi
10-06-11, 19:53
Congrats all KS owners... await your 'insider' photos. ;)

ks999
11-06-11, 10:48
Finally, finally TOP!!!

Definitely look forward to collect keys after making payments.

kaizhe
11-06-11, 11:27
Finally, finally TOP!!!

Definitely look forward to collect keys after making payments.

any housewarming party? :rolleyes:

propertychap
11-06-11, 11:32
Hope sell high high then old apartments in the neighbourhood will go uo in price too

fiat500
12-06-11, 13:58
Hope sell high high then old apartments in the neighbourhood will go uo in price too
whats the expected price u are looking at? heard last transacted was around 1400+ psf..it was already the record price for the kembangan area:cheers6: :cheers6:

ks999
12-06-11, 16:09
any housewarming party? :rolleyes:

My key collection not arranged yet.

Looks like Aristos will be collecting keys first on 15 June.

Mine likely after 20 June.

propertychap
12-06-11, 22:38
I just looking at 1000 psf for my 16 year old apartment very near kembangan suite. It is a steal in a comparison?

aristos
15-06-11, 22:57
man, 1 word - small.

Gym is a single threadmill...

bullman
15-06-11, 23:13
My key collection not arranged yet.

Looks like Aristos will be collecting keys first on 15 June.

Mine likely after 20 June.

My key collection is also after the 20th. Looking forward to some photos by Aristos.

fiat500
28-06-11, 00:40
saw an ad in property guru someone posted a 1+1 unit asking 1740psf! :doh: its ridiculous!
duno whether to laugh or cry? :scared-1:

bullman
28-06-11, 07:30
saw an ad in property guru someone posted a 1+1 unit asking 1740psf! :doh: its ridiculous!
duno whether to laugh or cry? :scared-1:

That is surely not me as I am only asking 1600 psf for both units. :D
Really do not feel like selling such a nice project unless the price is fantastic. I am not greedy, but for such MM units, even making 800 psf do not translate to much meat.

devilplate
28-06-11, 09:41
Really do not feel like selling such a nice project unless the price is fantastic. I am not greedy, but for such MM units, even making 800 psf do not translate to much meat.

ur ideal px used to be 1500psf rite....hehe

sell one keep one lor

bullman
28-06-11, 16:28
ur ideal px used to be 1500psf rite....hehe

sell one keep one lor

Lol. You still remember? 1500 psf was based on a 200psf premium over the then market rate of 1300 psf. With recent transactions at 1400 psf, I have still maintained the 200 psf premium. Frankly, I should be classified as "not serious" seller by agents as I will only be tempted by a fantastic offer.

I normally buy 2 units into a project and will either keep both or sell both together. So I will be applying the same strategy to KS.

propertychap
28-06-11, 17:25
Will the price of Kembangan suites bring up the price of the older apartments next to it? Got a unit at 700 psf a few years back.

devilplate
28-06-11, 17:26
Lol. You still remember? 1500 psf was based on a 200psf premium over the then market rate of 1300 psf. With recent transactions at 1400 psf, I have still maintained the 200 psf premium. Frankly, I should be classified as "not serious" seller by agents as I will only be tempted by a fantastic offer.

I normally buy 2 units into a project and will either keep both or sell both together. So I will be applying the same strategy to KS.
Jus curious, wats the rationale of buying 2units within the same project? U mentioned u bot 2units at coralis n skysuites anson too...initially i tot u buy 2 bcoz u wana sell one n keep the other if u like the project vy much upon TOP

devilplate
28-06-11, 17:27
Will the price of Kembangan suites bring up the price of the older apartments next to it? Got a unit at 700 psf a few years back.
The best way is to test the market by letting an agt try selling for ur unit....

Geylang older apts fetches merely 700psf whereas mm r selling for 12xxpsf now

kingkong1984
28-06-11, 18:17
Jus curious, wats the rationale of buying 2units within the same project? U mentioned u bot 2units at coralis n skysuites anson too...initially i tot u buy 2 bcoz u wana sell one n keep the other if u like the project vy much upon TOP

should be same floor... its to cater to MM renters and those who want 2 bedders... just that their living room is the lift lobby. When it comes to selling.. also good to sell... hahahaha

fiat500
28-06-11, 20:13
honestly,it does not justify this price tag of 1700psf,max will be 1500+ psf...
the units facing towards kembangan plaza are not very ideal,your curtains or roller blinds have to be drawn down throughout the day n nite..
main selling point is the door step mrt n eateries nearby..:cheers6: :cheers6:

bullman
29-06-11, 09:36

I would have done extensive background work before buying into a project so I will normally buy 2 units to justify the amount of work done. Also, its easier to go down to the same project and conduct viewing for either rental and sale for both units at one go. I guess its just plain convenience that appeals to me.

bullman
29-06-11, 09:38
should be same floor... its to cater to MM renters and those who want 2 bedders... just that their living room is the lift lobby. When it comes to selling.. also good to sell... hahahaha

Normally, i prefer to buy 2 identical units on the same stack as I would have justified the facing etc.. I could not do that for KS as the developer was only willing to release certain units for priority booking despite me doing a block book.

devilplate
29-06-11, 09:39
I would have done extensive background work before buying into a project so I will normally buy 2 units to justify the amount of work done. Also, its easier to go down to the same project and conduct viewing for either rental and sale for both units at one go. I guess its just plain convenience that appeals to me.

shd measure in terms of total quantum instead of number of units to justify ur intensive research? hehe

i am aso surprised tat u 'DIY', i wud tot u will pass the keys to ur agt

devilplate
29-06-11, 09:41
Normally, i prefer to buy 2 identical units on the same stack as I would have justified the facing etc.. I could not do that for KS as the developer was only willing to release certain units for priority booking despite me doing a block book.

priority buyer

ur poolview MMs at skysuites oredi make some paper gains

bullman
29-06-11, 09:57
honestly,it does not justify this price tag of 1700psf,max will be 1500+ psf...
the units facing towards kembangan plaza are not very ideal,your curtains or roller blinds have to be drawn down throughout the day n nite..
main selling point is the door step mrt n eateries nearby..:cheers6: :cheers6:

No offense meant but I do no speculate on the upper limit of the potential of a project. Just allow market forces to dictate the pricing as one can never predict the market accurately. Some months back, 1500 psf was unthinkable for KS. Now it seems achievable upon TOP. In conclusion, justification of psf is inherently subjective.

devilplate
29-06-11, 10:00
No offense meant but I do no speculate on the upper limit of the potential of a project. Just allow market forces to dictate the pricing as one can never predict the market accurately. Some months back, 1500 psf was unthinkable for KS. Now it seems achievable upon TOP. In conclusion, justification of psf is inherently subjective.

i said 1500psf achievable for the smallest unit last time...oredi hit 14xxpsf for tat size....

for those 5xxsqft, tough to hit 1500psf upon TOP...perhaps need to wait for cheaper units to clear first which may takes 6mths to 1yr....1600psf may take 1-2yrs time

bullman
29-06-11, 10:24
shd measure in terms of total quantum instead of number of units to justify ur intensive research? hehe

i am aso surprised tat u 'DIY', i wud tot u will pass the keys to ur agt

Yes I invest in terms of quantum rather than psf. So I would allocate a certain amount of funds for a project etc.

I prefer to DIY for rental as I am choosy when it comes to my tenants. For sale, I prefer to operate through an agent as I do not like bargaining over 20-30 psf, makes me feel like I am in a wet market.

priority buyer

ur poolview MMs at skysuites oredi make some paper gains

Some paper gains for that project but those units are bought with a long term view in mind. They are affected by the 4 yr SSD anyway. Anyway, do not have all pool view units as I took a low, mid and high floor. That was the requirement set.

What's your view on lumiere? Poor rental, no movement makes bad publicity there. Developers renting out high floor units at below market rates. All these factors have push down the prices of lower floor units. The problem with buying into that project is akin to hugging a hot potato

bullman
29-06-11, 10:28
i said 1500psf achievable for the smallest unit last time...oredi hit 14xxpsf for tat size....

for those 5xxsqft, tough to hit 1500psf upon TOP...perhaps need to wait for cheaper units to clear first which may takes 6mths to 1yr....1600psf may take 1-2yrs time

You may be surprised as the info that I am getting is that most of the original investor owners have sold out. Most units on sale are sub-sale owners. Those bought for own stay are unwilling to sell now as the cost of replacement is simply too high. So the classic demand and supply scenario may be played out in the coming months. Lets watch with interest.

devilplate
29-06-11, 10:34
You may be surprised as the info that I am getting is that most of the original investor owners have sold out. Most units on sale are sub-sale owners. Those bought for own stay are unwilling to sell now as the cost of replacement is simply too high. So the classic demand and supply scenario may be played out in the coming months. Lets watch with interest.

me not trying to pour cold water or wat hor....:)

i look at absolute quantum when comes to MM bcoz investors buy MM only for one reason tat is rental yield....so 560sqftX1500=840k.....to me, 750k is the limit for now....so i m confident tat 420sqft can actually hit 1600psf soon(672k only) while 5xxsqft can be struggling to break 1400psf:2cents:

btw, not many caveats lodged for KS....u mean many units sold to a fund or smthing tat nvr lodge caveats?

devilplate
29-06-11, 10:37
What's your view on lumiere? Poor rental, no movement makes bad publicity there. Developers renting out high floor units at below market rates. All these factors have push down the prices of lower floor units. The problem with buying into that project is akin to hugging a hot potato

depends on the entry psf? how much they r selling for lumiere 1+study units now? 18xxpsf seems to be a gd entry point

lumiere common facilities quite jialat and the layout not efficient tats y resulting in poor rental yield

this one looks like a gd deal to me if can bargain below 1.2mil(clift 5xxsqft oredi asking close to 1.2mil now)
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4758981/for-sale-the-lumiere

how come lumiere rental so so low?:scared-3:
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4768289/for-rent-the-lumiere

bullman
29-06-11, 11:08
me not trying to pour cold water or wat hor....:)

i look at absolute quantum when comes to MM bcoz investors buy MM only for one reason tat is rental yield....so 560sqftX1500=840k.....to me, 750k is the limit for now....so i m confident tat 420sqft can actually hit 1600psf soon(672k only) while 5xxsqft can be struggling to break 1400psf:2cents:

btw, not many caveats lodged for KS....u mean many units sold to a fund or smthing tat nvr lodge caveats?

In terms of psf limited by the size of unit, I used to think similarly as well. But recently, I notice a pick up in the bigger 1 BR or 1+1 units in the market. In terms of rental yield, they will not be fantastic. For example, I was surprised when even the large format 1BR at Envio manage to move.

Some buyers who pay full cash may not have lodged caveats. I know of one who have bought into this project with full cash. I do not know if any funds bought into this project. It will not be surprising as I know of funds buying into boutique projects in D15, especially in TK region.

bullman
29-06-11, 11:11
depends on the entry psf? how much they r selling for lumiere 1+study units now? 18xxpsf seems to be a gd entry point

lumiere common facilities quite jialat and the layout not efficient tats y resulting in poor rental yield

this one looks like a gd deal to me if can bargain below 1.2mil(clift 5xxsqft oredi asking close to 1.2mil now)
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4758981/for-sale-the-lumiere

how come lumiere rental so so low?:scared-3:
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4768289/for-rent-the-lumiere

The rental for the 1+1 unit will be 4k at most. Does not really justify a 1.2 mil purchase, especially for a 99 project. The rental for the 2 BR is really low, should be a desperate owner, some of the owners there could be at max leverage. 6- 12 months of non rental will really hurt them.

devilplate
29-06-11, 11:15
In terms of psf limited by the size of unit, I used to think similarly as well. But recently, I notice a pick up in the bigger 1 BR or 1+1 units in the market. In terms of rental yield, they will not be fantastic. For example, I was surprised when even the large format 1BR at Envio manage to move.

Some buyers who pay full cash may not have lodged caveats. I know of one who have bought into this project with full cash. I do not know if any funds bought into this project. It will not be surprising as I know of funds buying into boutique projects in D15, especially in TK region.

gd to hear investors r picking up bigger Mms..:cheers6:

hmm, the funds may wana take control of the pricing for them to buy into boutique apts

fiat500
29-06-11, 17:24
The rental for the 1+1 unit will be 4k at most. Does not really justify a 1.2 mil purchase, especially for a 99 project. The rental for the 2 BR is really low, should be a desperate owner, some of the owners there could be at max leverage. 6- 12 months of non rental will really hurt them.
what the ideal rental in your opinion for a 1 + 1 in kembangan suites? :cheers6:

bullman
30-06-11, 07:20
what the ideal rental in your opinion for a 1 + 1 in kembangan suites? :cheers6:

Tentatively looking at 2.5 k for the studio and 2.8 k for the 1+1 unit. Both will translate to 8% gross yield. It all depends on the rental demand. From what I heard, the rental demand is high, with some units being tenanted even before TOP with no viewing done. Not sure how true is this though.

devilplate
30-06-11, 10:23
Tentatively looking at 2.5 k for the studio and 2.8 k for the 1+1 unit. Both will translate to 8% gross yield. It all depends on the rental demand. From what I heard, the rental demand is high, with some units being tenanted even before TOP with no viewing done. Not sure how true is this though.

u bot ur studio for less den 400k ar? abt 370-380k? dun nid to sell at all....now 40+yo old old 3rm HDB flat cost nrly tat px liao....hahaha

jus collect rental.....even during recession smelly smelly got got 1.5k one(almost 5% yield for u)

bullman
30-06-11, 13:57
u bot ur studio for less den 400k ar? abt 370-380k? dun nid to sell at all....now 40+yo old old 3rm HDB flat cost nrly tat px liao....hahaha

jus collect rental.....even during recession smelly smelly got got 1.5k one(almost 5% yield for u)

Bought around that price after discount. I missed out on Alexis during that time as I was overseas and rushed in for KS and another MM project launched during the same period.

The cost of replacement is simply too high now. I may not sell these units unless a fantastic offer comes along. I have already liquidated those toxic units in my inventory so currently in no hurry to sell.

You do realise that if MM studio rental drops to 1.5k during low period, those current subsale owners and buyers of current MM launches will become durian sellers right?

propertychap
30-06-11, 16:35
Any chance of older apartments around KS going for enbloc? It seems that area near MRT only left with Kembangan Plaza...

devilplate
30-06-11, 17:22
Bought around that price after discount. I missed out on Alexis during that time as I was overseas and rushed in for KS and another MM project launched during the same period.

The cost of replacement is simply too high now. I may not sell these units unless a fantastic offer comes along. I have already liquidated those toxic units in my inventory so currently in no hurry to sell.

You do realise that if MM studio rental drops to 1.5k during low period, those current subsale owners and buyers of current MM launches will become durian sellers right?

Cool to call them toxic...hehe

Leme guess the other mm project...cud b parc imperial....hehe

No sure abt mm durians....dun tink will drop much....i will b looking at bigger 3/4bdr by den:D

fiat500
09-07-11, 22:53
believed u are right. just spoke to an agent,she told me a 1 + 1 500+ sq ft unit already transacted around 1600psf. :doh:

devilplate
09-07-11, 22:58
believed u are right. just spoke to an agent,she told me a 1 + 1 500+ sq ft unit already transacted around 1600psf. :doh:
Wow!!

Hopefully it gets caveated! Huat argh!!!:cheers6:

bullman
10-07-11, 13:39

Thats fantastic news indeed. In this case, the purchase price would be around 800k. Apparently, the buyer is not put off by the high quantum above the psychological threshold of 700-750 k for a 1+1. As mentioned earlier, I seem to notice such trend developing.

devilplate
10-07-11, 13:44
Thats fantastic news indeed. In this case, the purchase price would be around 800k. Apparently, the buyer is not put off by the high quantum above the psychological threshold of 700-750 k for a 1+1. As mentioned earlier, I seem to notice such trend developing.
One word for the buyer...dumb....hahaha

Still can find relatively new 2bdr at 1kpsf in telok kurau....quantum ard 900k

bargain hunter
20-09-11, 09:26
SALES executive Mr Teo loves his new Kembangan Suites apartment's proximity to coffee shops and shopping malls but not the condo's mechanised carpark.
He is not alone in feeling that way, saying that some neighbours have even tried - unsuccessfully - asking the management of nearby buildings if they could pay for season parking in their carparks.
What irks Mr Teo, 60, is that the waiting time for the system to retrieve the car is about seven minutes. He does not want his full name to be used for fear of upsetting the condo management.
'Imagine how much longer it gets in the morning when other residents are all queuing, trying to retrieve their cars.'
The apartment uses a horizontal parking system in the underground carpark. Mr Teo pays $50 a month to use it.

devilplate
20-09-11, 09:32
i rather have 10-20% less car lots den having mechanical lots:doh:

mantrix
20-09-11, 09:59
Copy Tokyo FAIL

marktkt22
20-09-11, 10:28
That why i dun buy mech carpk projt..
And mech carpk is noisy

marktkt22
20-09-11, 10:32
And that road, Lorong masjid quite jammed, maybe another 5min to reach main road...

fiat500
21-09-11, 04:20
i m sure majority of people who lives in KS dont drive..
anyway whats there to complain? thats how mechanised carpark works right?
u cant expect your car to be delivered to u in 2-3 mins,no such system yet.:cheers6:

marktkt22
21-09-11, 10:18
I think some of the buyer have no experience with mech carpk and the smallness of actual mm.it likely mismatch expectations

land118
21-09-11, 10:29
i rather have 10-20% less car lots den having mechanical lots:doh: When there is a power blackout, the mechanical lift may not work, if there is no standby generator to operate it, your cars will be stuck. Happen to me once in HK, whole building power cut/blackout, friend's car stuck, end up i had to take taxi to airport...:doh:

marktkt22
21-09-11, 13:41
Does the main gate of the estate work in power outage ?
Food for thought...
Does the lift work ? If no power

DC33_2008
21-09-11, 13:57
Does the main gate of the estate work in power outage ?
Food for thought...
Does the lift work ? If no power Condos will usually have a standby generator. But not sure about small boutique condo. In the event of power failure, the diesel generator should power up the lift temporarily. KS should have a back-up generator to power up the mech carparking system?:confused:

devilplate
21-09-11, 14:45
Condos will usually have a standby generator. But not sure about small boutique condo. In the event of power failure, the diesel generator should power up the lift temporarily. KS should have a back-up generator to power up the mech carparking system?:confused:
Boutique apts shd haf back up generator for lifts and lightings.... I tink its compulsory to have it

bullman
22-09-11, 07:23
And that road, Lorong masjid quite jammed, maybe another 5min to reach main road...

For both my tenants, its not an issue as they do not drive, and walking to Kembangan MRT takes 3 minutes if they saunter. The proximity to the MRT minus the usual track noise is really a plus as I manage to rent both units on the same weekend.

Contrary to popular theory, in general, one should not view a project from a homeowner's point of view.

bullman
22-09-11, 07:27
I think some of the buyer have no experience with mech carpk and the smallness of actual mm.it likely mismatch expectations

Again, it doesn't matter if the buyer investors have no experience with the actuality of size of MM units.

More importantly, the tenants' impression, when they first view the units matters. From my observation, most tenants were pretty accustomed to such sizes and even commented that KS look pretty big compared to some other units they have they viewed.

As mentioned earlier, I was pretty surprised that I could rent out both units on the same weekend at reasonable rental.

bullman
22-09-11, 07:30
Boutique apts shd haf back up generator for lifts and lightings.... I tink its compulsory to have it

I believe that KS has a back up generator for lighting and lifts but not for the car park. Again, its not crucial as my tenants do not drive. Most tenants who are looking for MM units near to MRT naturally do not drive. Same profile as in the Farrer Park area.

Jonathan0503
22-09-11, 08:54
Again, it doesn't matter if the buyer investors have no experience with the actuality of size of MM units.

More importantly, the tenants' impression, when they first view the units matters. From my observation, most tenants were pretty accustomed to such sizes and even commented that KS look pretty big compared to some other units they have they viewed.

As mentioned earlier, I was pretty surprised that I could rent out both units on the same weekend at reasonable rental.

How big is your unit?

marktkt22
22-09-11, 09:58
Agreed that ks v near mrt and tenant usually no need car,so mech carpk not an issue.
If i recall, units around 5xx size, not too bad...quite decent size
Judging from the many discussion and postings in the forum and price rise of ks, it a gd buy, bullman.
I think the complaint ,mr teo, was for self stay...caveat emptor, buyer beware.

Btw,I better go and chk with my estate mgmt , on the backup power for lift and gate, in case of blackout, or fire.I recently Bought 2 fire extinguisher, then realize that the estate also place one extinguisher at each level,

devilplate
22-09-11, 10:01
Contrary to popular theory, in general, one should not view a project from a homeowner's point of view.

yes....but most ppl will always tink tat if they dun like, tenants also dun like

bullman
22-09-11, 10:21
How big is your unit?

A studio and a 1+1. Both are below 500 sqft. I converted the study into another small bedroom and thus rented out as a 2BR.

devilplate
22-09-11, 10:22
A studio and a 1+1. Both are below 500 sqft. I converted the study into another small bedroom and thus rented out as a 2BR.

so the rental yield better for the 1+1 after conversion?

bullman
22-09-11, 10:24
Agreed that ks v near mrt and tenant usually no need car,so mech carpk not an issue.
If i recall, units around 5xx size, not too bad...quite decent size
Judging from the many discussion and postings in the forum and price rise of ks, it a gd buy, bullman.
I think the complaint ,mr teo, was for self stay...caveat emptor, buyer beware.

Btw,I better go and chk with my estate mgmt , on the backup power for lift and gate, in case of blackout, or fire.I recently Bought 2 fire extinguisher, then realize that the estate also place one extinguisher at each level,

For our TR, the whole intercom system was down over the last weekend as my tenant friend was complaining to me.

bullman
22-09-11, 10:26
so the rental yield better for the 1+1 after conversion?

I got perhaps another $250 more. Not much in terms of absolute amount but fantastic in terms of % increase w.r.t. the rental price.

marktkt22
22-09-11, 13:34
Yeap, already feedback on mon.
Happened over last wkend..

For our TR, the whole intercom system was down over the last weekend as my tenant friend was complaining to me.

Jonathan0503
22-09-11, 14:00

Ok. So I guess MM below 500sf still quite liveable right?

devilplate
22-09-11, 14:02

ard 500sqft with gd layout cfm ok:D

bullman
22-09-11, 14:03

I guess it depends on the layout of unit. Note that there is an absence of balcony in KS.

Finally, not habitable from my perspective but I am not living there.

devilplate
22-09-11, 14:05
I guess it depends on the layout of unit. Note that there is an absence of balcony in KS.

for us cfm not ok la...especially u r staying in nice landed:D

Jonathan0503
22-09-11, 18:22

Actually if I stay alone, think 450 to 500 sf still ok for me:D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-06-12, 15:33
KEMBANGAN SUITES JALAN MASJID Apartment 1 675,000 420 Strata 1,608 May-12

phantom_opera
18-12-12, 14:14
2012-12-06 #XX-XX 538sqft 1,431psf 2009-04-13 905psf $282,988 1,333 13.4%

another resale, good profit, hold for 3y with 13.4% return per year

price
18-12-12, 17:32
2012-12-06 #XX-XX 538sqft 1,431psf 2009-04-13 905psf $282,988 1,333 13.4%

another resale, good profit, hold for 3y with 13.4% return per year

FH MM used to look expensive @ $1.2-1.4psf

but now with average LH 99 selling at such high prices, MMs' prices look pretty reasonable!

phantom_opera
30-07-13, 13:53
16 JUL 2013 16 JALAN MASJID #XX-XX 560 1,536 13 APR 2009 904 353,920 1,555 13.3

1536psf

VS
31-07-13, 14:08
16 JUL 2013 16 JALAN MASJID #XX-XX 560 1,536 13 APR 2009 904 353,920 1,555 13.3

1536psf

Great news!!

ks999
13-06-14, 00:03
Battery leak, now have to replace.

Anyone changed before, other than with original lock vendor?

Was quoted $400!

Looking for other suitable replacement.