PDA

View Full Version : St Patrick's Residences (D15, Freehold, TG Developments)

mr funny
02-03-09, 16:20
http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/Story/STIStory_344386.html

March 1, 2009

property

Property market starting to stir

Success of two new launches encourages a few developers to release their projects

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090228/ST_SUNTIMES_1_CURRENT_JTLAUNCH.jpg
Over the weekend, 30 units of the 102-unit St Patrick's Residences in St Patrick's Road in the East were launched. The 646-unit Double Bay Residences in Simei should go on sale soon, with prices set at around $650 psf to $680 psf. -- PHOTO: TG DEVELOPMENT PHOTO: UOL GROUP

View more photos (http://www.straitstimes.com/gallery/Invest/Story/STIStory_344386.html)

Thanks to the mini-buzz created by two new successful launches - Caspian in Jurong and Alexis @ Alexandra - a few developers have decided to release their projects for sale.

It is an improvement, even if it is just a slight one, from the very sombre mood a month ago, when market watchers were expecting the lull in the market to continue.

Over the weekend, TG Development launched 30 units of the freehold, 102-unit St Patrick's Residences in St Patrick's Road in the East.

On average, prices start at around $675 per sq ft (psf) for a two-bedroom unit and rise to about $900 psf for a four-bedroom penthouse.

Unit sizes range from 1,152 sq ft for the two-bedroom units to 3,423sqft for the four-bedroom penthouses. Some three-bedroom units can cost just under $1 million.

The interest absorption scheme, which allows buyers - if they take a loan from the start - to defer making any payments beyond the initial down payment until the project is completed, is offered at a 3 per cent premium.

Marketing agent Savills said the condominium offers quality furnishings and fittings usually associated with prime projects, and that a few units have been sold since the preview a week ago.

Near Upper Bukit Timah, Hiap Hoe has launched The Beverly, its 118-unit condo in Toh Tuck Road.

Each unit is served by a private lift. Prices start at $648 psf; the average price is $750 psf. This means that the total price per unit should start from just below $1 million.

Unit sizes range from 1,120 sq ft for the two-bedders to 4,187 sq ft for the four-bedders. There are also double-storey penthouses from 2,099 sq ft to 3,757 sq ft. Hiap Hoe is not offering the interest absorption scheme.

Other projects expected this month include Double Bay Residences in Simei, The Arte in Thomson, Domus in Irrawaddy Road and an 18-storey project in River Valley.

These are in the mass- to mid-market categories that, unlike the high-end segment, are still attracting buyers.

New home sales in January had plunged to a new low as developers and buyers kept to the sidelines.

The two new projects that sold very well about two to three weeks ago - Caspian and Alexis - helped revive the market mood to a certain extent.

The Caspian showflat was packed during the preview, when 300 out of 712 units were sold at average prices starting from $580 psf. So far, more than 500 units have been sold.

The 293 Alexis units were all sold at $950 psf to $1,250 psf, but the absolute prices were reasonable, given that most units are small.

At a results briefing last Thursday, City Developments' Kwek Leng Joo cited the good take-up at the two projects as proof that there is still demand.

'The good response to recent launches is true,' he said.

Still, the stock market and buying sentiment remain weak.

Ms Phylicia Ang, director of Savills Residential, said: 'The affordability threshold is key at this point. In the current market, it is important to price projects at an attractive level to attract buyers.'

The UOL group should start selling the 646-unit Double Bay Residences near the Simei MRT station soon. It declined to give pricing details of the 99-year leasehold condo until the launch, but there is talk that prices will be around $650 psf to $680 psf.

The one-bedders start at 538 sq ft, the two-bedroom units from 915sq ft, while the big units can go up to 3,703 sq ft.

Along Thomson Road, The Arte is expected to be released for preview sale by the middle of the month.

Property agents have advertised the preview of the 336-unit, freehold condo at prices starting at more than $950 psf.

About half of the project, or 164 units, are three-bedroom units from 1,399 sq ft to 1,625 sq ft. Another 100 units are 1,873 sq ft four-bedders.

There are also advertisements for the preview of the 18-storey, 67-unit project in River Valley, which offers the interest absorption scheme. It has mostly small units - 32 are 635 sq ft apartments and 30 are 1,044 sq ft units.

A Chinese developer, Lakeview Developments, may also push out its 104-unit Domus this month.

High-end launches will likely be few and far between this year, as current demand is coming only from owner-occupiers or very small investors, according to a developer.

There should be more mass- to mid-market projects coming up in the next few months. These could include projects like the 99-year leasehold Ascentia Sky next to the Redhill MRT station. It offers two- to four-bedroom units from approximately 1,000 sq ft to 1,800 sq ft.

[email protected]

WolleyDragon
07-04-09, 14:44
Showflat had;

1) imaginary walls for living room (such that you think that the apartment is very spacious, but if the walls are really there, actually space very cramp)

2) dinning table was put in a broken down room (therefore, if you add back the room walls, space is further confined)

3) Lots of bay windows..

4) dinning hall & one of the rooms face a wall.. so what you see out of your window.. a stoney wall..

ariel-belle
09-04-09, 20:28
Eyeing a unit which is directly below a penthouse swimming pool. Does anyone has any experience on ceiling leakage due to such layout? :doh:

Any comments would be appreciated!

terence
19-04-09, 21:58
Eyeing a unit which is directly below a penthouse swimming pool. Does anyone has any experience on ceiling leakage due to such layout? :doh:

Any comments would be appreciated!

warrenty period usually for 5 years only. That's when the problem arises... Think thrice.

iemuhs
21-04-09, 13:50
Agree the design of the place is not fab. Went to the pre launch, and was put off that the dining and 1 bedroom window is like within 1 m from a wall!

marktkt22
01-04-10, 22:51
there are many balconies (up to three) for the 3 bedder..
but heard almost all sold out, since it near to good school and opp marine parade mkt

marktkt22
01-04-10, 22:55
Showflat had;

1) imaginary walls for living room (such that you think that the apartment is very spacious, but if the walls are really there, actually space very cramp)

2) dinning table was put in a broken down room (therefore, if you add back the room walls, space is further confined)

3) Lots of bay windows..

4) dinning hall & one of the rooms face a wall.. so what you see out of your window.. a stoney wall..

yes, the wall are removed...false impression of space.
one of the balcony faced a wall...wonder why has such balcony.

the wall probably restrict ventilation and airflow, esp for near gnd unit...there a wall separarting you from neighbour..

marktkt22
01-04-10, 22:57
but heard all sold out...and showflat has already tear down...:)
in term of psf, it lower, but size is quite big, so quantum usually >1.2m

tiverton18
14-04-10, 19:04
Would appreciate the view of the property experts in this forum.

Under the URA website which displays transacted sale transactions, St Patrick's Residences is classified as "Apartment" whereas the completed projects Tierra Vue and Grand Duchess @ St Patrick are classified as condominium status.

Plot area of Tierra Vue and Grand Duchess is slightly bigger than St Patrick's Residences. St Patrick has 102 units. Tierra Value has 122 units and Grand Duchess 121 units.

Why the difference in status?

marktkt22
15-04-10, 01:25
in term of location, grand duchess a bit too near school for comfort. st patr and tierra quite okay ...both quite comparable, in my view:)

gohsoonk
18-04-10, 22:22
I do agree that it is damn near.

However, I have to admit that it is a very nice development. Just drove past there today. :P

in term of location, grand duchess a bit too near school for comfort. st patr and tierra quite okay ...both quite comparable, in my view:)

marktkt22
25-04-10, 21:23
I do agree that it is damn near.

However, I have to admit that it is a very nice development. Just drove past there today. :P

agree..I read somewhere grand duchess win some kinds of architecture award ..i think it in the grand duchess thread. better dont dwell on GD, this is a St Patr thread. ...:)

Wild Falcon
25-04-10, 22:23
Not enough common area to qualify as a condo. I can't remember - something like u need 40% of land area as common area to quality as a condo. So if your apartment is very built up with little common area (e.g. landscape, tennis court, pool), it will fail the "condo" test. Sorry, I cannot find the exact definition. You probably can google and find it somewhere.

Would appreciate the view of the property experts in this forum.

Under the URA website which displays transacted sale transactions, St Patrick's Residences is classified as "Apartment" whereas the completed projects Tierra Vue and Grand Duchess @ St Patrick are classified as condominium status.

Plot area of Tierra Vue and Grand Duchess is slightly bigger than St Patrick's Residences. St Patrick has 102 units. Tierra Value has 122 units and Grand Duchess 121 units.

Why the difference in status?

tiverton18
25-04-10, 22:47
Thanks bro Wild Falcon,

At last, someone has attempted to answer my question.

I have tried to google but couldnt get the answer. Your answer seems plausible as I have compared the site map of St Pat with that of Tierra Vue and Grand Duchess. Seems that the common area of St Pat is relatively small. However, St Pat still comes with the usual condo facilities although it is classified as apartment status.

gohsoonk
26-04-10, 13:59
Wild Falcon should be correct.

Refer to http://keithyip.com/2010/01/23/difference-between-an-apartment-and-a-condominium-development/ for difference.

Refer to http://www.corenet.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc96-22.html for site coverage definition.

Thanks bro Wild Falcon,

I have tried to google but couldnt get the answer. Your answer seems plausible as I have compared the site map of St Pat with that of Tierra Vue and Grand Duchess. Seems that the common area of St Pat is relatively small. However, St Pat still comes with the usual condo facilities although it is classified as apartment status.

eng81157
26-04-10, 14:09
Thanks bro Wild Falcon,

don't think it has a tennis court though.

tiverton18
26-04-10, 22:27
Wild Falcon should be correct.

Refer to http://keithyip.com/2010/01/23/difference-between-an-apartment-and-a-condominium-development/ for difference.

Refer to http://www.corenet.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc96-22.html for site coverage definition.
Thanks bro Goh for the information and relevant websites which clearly explains the difference between a condo and apartment classification.

tiverton18
26-04-10, 22:33
don't think it has a tennis court though.
The small site area can only accommodate a 23.3m x .7.7m swimming pool, let alone a tennis court.

In any case, tennis court in most huge condo is under utilized. Maybe less people are interested in this physical and strenuous sport.

tiverton18
16-05-10, 21:07
Any idea whether the typical units of St Pat Residences are fully sold.

So far, has any sub sale been done?

silver023
16-05-10, 21:33
I recall seeing a sub-sale caveat last week. Forgot where and how much it was for.

Developer still has units going for around $1100 psf.

kongming17
16-05-10, 23:32
Latest from URA website:

ST PATRICK'S RESIDENCES in Apr-10

Price $1,658,000
Area 1,518 sq ft
PSF $1,092

Cheers! :D :D :D :D :D

Emma
05-10-12, 17:43
Agent told me that there are still 20 plus units left for this project from the developer. any thoughts on this project? seems like the balconies are large and all the rooms have balconies? what do you guys think is the investment potential?

eng81157
05-10-12, 18:07
Agent told me that there are still 20 plus units left for this project from the developer. any thoughts on this project? seems like the balconies are large and all the rooms have balconies? what do you guys think is the investment potential?

location so-so, nothing to shout about. i would pick grand duchess anytime over this development.

freefly4587
09-06-13, 22:12
St Patrick OPT next week. As buyer, I am getting my key next week. Bought a 3BR unit there due to location to good primary school.

The developer said it obtained approval to stall sliding sun screens on balcony. Its show room has such balcony sun screen installed.

do any one know where to find contractor/supplier for such sun screens?

Attaching a picture I found from other property:
http://www.fareast.com.sg/en/Residential/For-Sale/Properties-By-Name/Floridian/Layout/Facilities/Galleryframe/~/media/Images/FEO/Floridian/Images/FloridianRelaxPool.ashx

Thanks!

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
10-06-13, 09:50
Why not directly enquire FEO for the brand? Or visit their project showflat.

Do share pics of the place once u get keys... TIA

freefly4587
11-06-13, 23:42
Got my key today, but really it is a lot of disappointment. The room is not painted right, and there are defects all over the place. Small ones but still mind buggling to see them and developer said to take another month to polish up.

My question is, why the government authority gives developer the OPT approval knowing there are so many work not done properly?

I am first time buying property directly from developer. As developer lawyer presented OPT approval and asked me to pay the rest 25%, I followed that letter, but very disappointed to see I can not really move in at all, as contractor needs another month to sort these defects out.

Is this common practice for developers in Singapore to deliver such condo to purchaser and then address the known defects later?

Can someone provide some legal opinions and can they really do this to me? or Should I refuse to take over the condo?

Showing some defects pictures here. Horrible to me to have them there while developer pushed me to pay the balance payment and key delivery.

Why not directly enquire FEO for the brand? Or visit their project showflat.

Do share pics of the place once u get keys... TIA

Laguna
12-06-13, 00:12
This is not a FEO project.
It was quite overpriced at time of launching.
I am very surprised of the poor delivery.
Look like it will take a long time to rectify as it took so long to build and sell.

Project TOP does not assure of quality but mainly in complying with requirements like structural, fire, sewerage etc.

freefly4587
12-06-13, 00:23
thanks what is a "FEO" project refers to?

The launch psf price was not high in lieu of how much the price run up. I do note the buyer of the unit one floor above me bought it in two some years ago, and his price stood half of my price paid this year.

I was informed a new contractor was hired for the "touching up" of defects.

Do I have an option to reject the unit for taking over, and wait for one month before contractor fixed these conditions and we can really move in?

This is not a FEO project.
It was quite overpriced at time of launching.
I am very surprised of the poor delivery.
Look like it will take a long time to rectify as it took so long to build and sell.

Project TOP does not assure of quality but mainly in complying with requirements like structural, fire, sewerage etc.

eng81157
12-06-13, 08:03
TOP is awarded if the development is safe, as laguna has pointed out. you can always wait till all works have been rectified before moving in, thus saving the hassle of having your daily routines disrupted by the correction works.

one warning i have though, i know of a horrible owner of a 4rm/PH unit. hope this couple don't end up being your neighbour

Laguna
12-06-13, 08:56

The launch psf price was not high in lieu of how much the price run up. I do note the buyer of the unit one floor above me bought it in two some years ago, and his price stood half of my price paid this year.

Do I have an option to reject the unit for taking over, and wait for one month before contractor fixed these conditions and we can really move in?

FEO is for posting 25, Far East Organisation
There is no ground to reject the unit under the S&P, the developer is to rectify within one month from the date of joint inspection.

Inform the MSCT when formed, to have a proper joint inspection of common property

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
12-06-13, 09:06
Is the developer listed co? Im shocked at the quality...

zeamybro
12-06-13, 09:17
Freefly .. congrats on your new house! Yeah quality is disappointing .. but once rectified, do some furnishings, your unit should look great! My new unit took the developer 2 weeks plus to rectify upon TOP and notification. During the 1yr tenancy, there were further rectifications done after tenants experienced more faults.

Wow thanks to Laguna for the good advice on the joint inspection of common facilities. Laguna is back for serious business.. Buttercarp where are u? MIA for too long already la..

Emma
17-06-13, 13:25
the pics are pretty shocking.
definitely not what i would expect from a condo that is supposedly good to deliver to buyers.
is this typical of new units fresh from developers?

Got my key today, but really it is a lot of disappointment. The room is not painted right, and there are defects all over the place. Small ones but still mind buggling to see them and developer said to take another month to polish up.

My question is, why the government authority gives developer the OPT approval knowing there are so many work not done properly?

I am first time buying property directly from developer. As developer lawyer presented OPT approval and asked me to pay the rest 25%, I followed that letter, but very disappointed to see I can not really move in at all, as contractor needs another month to sort these defects out.

Is this common practice for developers in Singapore to deliver such condo to purchaser and then address the known defects later?

Can someone provide some legal opinions and can they really do this to me? or Should I refuse to take over the condo?

Showing some defects pictures here. Horrible to me to have them there while developer pushed me to pay the balance payment and key delivery.

Emma
17-06-13, 13:27
Has the launch price moved up significantly from 2 years ago? it definitely has gone up but i don't think it's a 100% increase (going by your statement of the earlier buyer buying at half your price)
from what i observed i don't think so.
In fact i thought the price was stagnant for quite a while.
any forummers here can comment on this?

eng81157
17-06-13, 14:39
the defects are worse than what you normally get in HDB BTOs. hope it's just an anomaly

female attendant
11-08-13, 23:15
Dear Freefly,

I share your pain with the defects and disappointment with the developer, TG. The defects in our unit are just as bad. Infact, after 7 weeks, they managed to complete half of what they promised and created new ones for us. Yes, they broke some of my tiles and scratched my flooring. Sad but true. I am not sure what's a better method to push them legally but until now, my defects are still left unresolved. Oh by the way, the gas does not work neither if you are planning on moving in.

I realize the problem is within TG managing these defects. First, there's the sales force. They are just there to cushion the blow from the upset owners. Their job is mainly to give us lip service. Promising us it will be done within a month after they asked all owners to fill in the defects forms. Mind you, the contractors DO NOT refer to the list at all.

This brings us to the 'defects' team of contractors on site. They consists of the main contractor, Andy who will tell you about his years of experience in the industry and to trust his men. Then he delegates his number 2 on site, Ah Chua to look into the matter.

What happens next, Ah Chua will do a round of inspection and brief his project manager to look into the defects without referring to the defects forms. He then leaves them completely to do the works without any follow ups.

This is where the problem lies. A group of workers will enter the unit and like headless chickens running around, will end up doing basic general cleaning and taking naps on your floors occasionally. After about a month, the sales team will plea to ask you for more time as they claim their contractors are stretched. By then, most owners will be pressured to accept the defects as they just wish to move in!

In fact, these contractors and the sales team are not working coherently where they should be in any similar circumstances. The defects checklist should be inspected every week by sales team to monitor the progress. But sadly, the sales team has no authority over the contractors.

I am not sure what's the most productive way to get them to finish the defects but I hope they will get it done before the whole team vacates the site by end of August. :banghead:

Laguna
11-08-13, 23:58
I strongly suggest the SP form a team to take care Of the common properties which is always in no man land till the formation of MCST

female attendant
12-08-13, 09:37
Apparently some penthouse owners are suing the developer. Some are proceeding with their own defect works and billing the developer. Am curious what's most effective. Perhaps owners of St. Patrick's should get together and discuss how we can deal with proper compensation methods with the folks at Gilstead Rd.

Need help.

ecimbew
12-08-13, 12:42
Is the developer listed co? Im shocked at the quality...

TG has other developments like the Peak @ Cairnhill, Skies Miltonia,

kongming17
12-08-13, 14:31
Hi, I'm your neighbour in Grand Duchess. Here are some of my views:

It is good for the SPs to form a team to specifically look into the defects for common areas. However, it is still an informal team and lack legitimacy to press for critical issues.

My condo TOP about 3 to 4 years ago. There were a number of common area defects as well. We did not want to rely on the managing agent to resolve the defect issues with the developer.

A few of our SPs quickly "join forces" to form the Management Comm before the required legal dateline. After that the MC members, who were also the owners, systematically identifed the defects. The MC then formed a sub-comm to closely monitor and keep track of the defects list.

However, for that to happen, you need to gather enough SPs to support the formation of MC. The SPs involved (who will eventually become MC members) must also contribute a lot of time, efforts and also frustration to spar with the developer and main con.

Hope the above is workable for you.....Cheers! ;) ;) ;)

female attendant
12-08-13, 15:36
Thanks for your suggestion, neighbour. As am green in this field, what's SP? Also, how do we form the team and steps towards that? Do we approach the condo manager that's currently sitting in our development? Or we simply round up the owners?

Appreciate the guidance.

It is good for the SPs to form a team to specifically look into the defects for common areas. However, it is still an informal team and lack legitimacy to press for critical issues.

My condo TOP about 3 to 4 years ago. There were a number of common area defects as well. We did not want to rely on the managing agent to resolve the defect issues with the developer.

A few of our SPs quickly "join forces" to form the Management Comm before the required legal dateline. After that the MC members, who were also the owners, systematically identifed the defects. The MC then formed a sub-comm to closely monitor and keep track of the defects list.

However, for that to happen, you need to gather enough SPs to support the formation of MC. The SPs involved (who will eventually become MC members) must also contribute a lot of time, efforts and also frustration to spar with the developer and main con.

stardust
12-08-13, 22:39

We have moved in to St Patrick's Residences and already noticed some obvious defects in the common area. For example, pipe leakage in the carpark, uneven flooring resulting in big puddle of water accumulated in various spot after rain, block number not prominently display, no bicycle parking bay etc

I hope the developer will fix all these issues before they pack and go.

jacelynchia
12-08-13, 22:45
We have moved in to St Patrick's Residences and already noticed some obvious defects in the common area. For example, pipe leakage in the carpark, uneven flooring resulting in big puddle of water accumulated in various spot after rain, block number not prominently display, no bicycle parking bay etc

I hope the developer will fix all these issues before they pack and go.

Is the quality really that bad?
Regardless you have to pursue legal rights to get everything done.

Pack and go, definitely not that easy!
The place appointed any management?

stardust
13-08-13, 22:40
Is the quality really that bad?
Regardless you have to pursue legal rights to get everything done.

Pack and go, definitely not that easy!
The place appointed any management?

Yes, there is already a management officer in place but seems like the overall command and control is still with the developer.

kongming17
14-08-13, 15:01
Thanks for your suggestion, neighbour. As am green in this field, what's SP? Also, how do we form the team and steps towards that? Do we approach the condo manager that's currently sitting in our development? Or we simply round up the owners?

Appreciate the guidance.

Hi Folks in St Pat Residences!

Sorry I was away for the past 2 days as this is an extremely busy period for me.

SP refers to the owners of the condo. Each SP is allocated a certain "share value", depending on the size of your unit. The bigger the size the more the share value.

To form a management comm, you need to hold an EGM to seek approvals from all the owners. And to put up request for an EGM to be held, if I'm not wrong you need to have at least 10% of the total share value.

Looking at what's happening now, with so many unhappy owners out there, you probably will not have any difficulties getting that 10%. The tough part is how to get a few committed individuals who are willing to put in time and efforts to take care of the condo. The works involved include numerous meetings, checking, tabulation, chasing for deadlines, argument, dealing with unhappy tenants etc., and without pay or benefits. The only reward the MC members can get is probably appreciation from all your fellow neighbours.

Now there is a condo manager....but who does he report to? He reports to the agency, and the agency was appointed by the develoiper. So can you expect him to be tough? With the MC in place, the condo manger must report to the MC, meaning reporting to the owners and not the developer!

I believe that the owners are the best people to safeguard the condo's interest. It is your own HOME! Whether it is a defect in your bathroom or whether there's a defect in common area water feature, the owners will take on the matter as if it's your own, right?

Please PM to me if you need any advice in detail. I'm not any agent but just someone who had gone through this kind of process. Once the defects are cleared and with things properly put in place, you guys will enjoy the nice condo living...without frustration.

Cheers and Best of Luck!

jacelynchia
14-08-13, 19:38
Yes, there is already a management officer in place but seems like the overall command and control is still with the developer.

Was shocked to hear so many complains with this place, saw only the pictures, look quite high end.
Must threaten to take legal actions or else developer will not do anything, the issues named are not acceptable.

If I were a resident there, surely give the developer hell.:hell-hath-no-fury:

bakasa2002
14-08-13, 21:47
Is TG also the developer for Skies Miltonia? Rem the showflat looks quite good when I visited, surprised the end result for SP turning out so badly. Hope it gets rectify soon.

jacelynchia
15-08-13, 20:33
Is TG also the developer for Skies Miltonia? Rem the showflat looks quite good when I visited, surprised the end result for SP turning out so badly. Hope it gets rectify soon.

Yes, Same developer.
http://www.singaporepropertylisting.com/Huttons_projects_new/SKIES_MILTONIA/index.aspx

Actual quality may defer.

gohhappy
02-09-13, 21:58
Hi!,

I am planning to move in ard year end... got it from a current owner. Any advice? seems like there some complains...

Regards,

Gohhappy