PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Breeze Residences (D18, 99 year leasehold, Sustained Land)

allenng
01-12-08, 10:59
Any views on this? Price about $700+psf.
What would be a good price for it?
The location is very near to Downtown east.

Blue
01-12-08, 17:41
Freehold? Yes then I guess price is alright.

axela_3
03-12-08, 07:12
It's a 99yr lease. Even if it's freehold, I wouldn't even think of paying 700+ psf for this side of the world.

smarian
03-12-08, 08:06
In light of plunging sales and falling construction costs, and prospect of retrenchment and pay cut, buyers should really expect more .. Below $550 psf than worth considering ;)

Party
03-12-08, 08:17
What $550psf???????? you guys are crazy should go below $450psf......... then it is worth buying.:cool:

allenng
03-12-08, 08:25
I like that place cos it is quiet and all my friends stay around there. My wife family stay near there too.

axela_3
04-12-08, 07:13
I totally agree. With the current economic situation, prices of private properties (in the premium areas) have been coming down fast and furious over the past 2 months. I'd rather take a peek there.

Realistically if you take a look at Bluewater2 (the showroom is just next to Coastal Residences), up till now, the project is not totally sold out and that's a 999 LH. Just imagine if you were to do a resale...how long is it going to take you to do it.

Anyway, I can understand Allen's situation. Coastal is nice with private lift access and all. I was also tempted to book a unit in 08 stack over the weekend. But when I sat down long and hard, it's really not worth it with the price they're marketing.

Allen, if you can wait, hold on a liitle longer cuz I'm sure the prices will tumble even further.

allenng
04-12-08, 09:08
Thanks for your advise. I think i will wait and meanwhile monitor the situation of the property market.

mr funny
26-02-09, 17:48
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,320953,00.html?

Published February 26, 2009

More mass market projects to launch

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Developers are planning to launch more mass market projects this weekend to take advantage of a recent surge in buying interest.

Hiap Hoe Group, a niche developer, will officially launch its 118-unit The Beverly, located at Toh Tuck Road, this Saturday. The starting selling price is $648 per square foot (psf), which Hiap Hoe says is an 'attractive starting selling price'.

'We have designed The Beverly for those looking for affordable, high-quality residential developments in a good location,' said Teo Ho Beng, the company's managing director.

The Beverly's two, three and four-bedroom apartments range from 1,120 sq ft to 4,187 sq ft, while its double-storey penthouses range from 2,099 sq ft to 3,757 sq ft and are each outfitted with a private roof garden and pool.

On the other side of the island at Pasir Ris, Sustained Land Pte Ltd will also officially launch Coastal Breeze Residences come this weekend. Two and three-bedroom units at the 63-unit development will sell for $610-$660 psf.

Sustained Land has sold 13 units in Coastal Breeze Residences since the start of 2008 in a soft launch. The units, which were mostly prime apartments on higher floors, went at an average price of $690 psf.

The remaining units are mostly three-bedders between 1159 sq ft and 1356 sq ft in size and there are also duplex penthouses. In terms of absolute value, for example, the price for a three-room 1159 sq ft unit starts at $712,000.

Meanwhile, the UOL Group is expected to launch its 646-unit Double Bay Residences in Simei sometime next week. Market talk has it that the project could be launched at $650-680 psf.

The three projects are coming hot on the heels of two successful launches earlier this month. Units at Frasers Centrepoint's Caspian condominium near Jurong Lake and Alexis @ Alexandra, a project by joint venture partners Yi Kai Group and Fission Group, sold quickly upon the projects' launches.

One market insider said that developers are taking pricing cues from each other, and making sure their newly launched projects are priced to sell. 'There is a sense that people will only be willing to buy projects in the $600-plus psf range, and also only units that don't cost too much in total. People don't really want to pay more than $600,000 or $700,000-plus in these times,' he said.

Developers are also throwing in more upmarket features into their mass market offerings to entice buyers. Each of The Beverly's 118 apartments is served by private lifts that open into the lobby of its interior. UOL's Double Bay Residences will also offer extras such as full-length windows in the kitchen, the company has said.

vinc1281
06-03-09, 12:09
I like that place cos it is quiet and all my friends stay around there. My wife family stay near there too.

My wife and I went down recently to have a look at Coastal Breeze.

Initially not much feelings for it as the showflat leave much to be desired. Funny layout and Services from Agents were not exactly what you are expecting.

But we have been looking around for a private property and having considered Livia for quite a while I do think Coastal Breeze is a better buy. As mentioned, private lift access, pool / sea view and exclusivity are all plus points. Given both projects are about the same prices for 3bedrooms.

Bad points are close to Costa Sands very noisy. Insects and creepy crawlers. Pointed roof of adjacent properties (Loyang Gardens). Bad Feng shui. Looking at sea view unit but was afriad view will be blocked by trees.:scared-4:

Still thinking. Headache. :banghead:

Dunno what are the options. :beats-me-man:

Pls feel free to email me @ [email protected] or call me at 91462776 to discuss and share pointers.

For all you know we all might end up as neighbours. :p

focus
06-03-09, 18:42
Vinc,

why is Coastal Breeze bad fengshui ?

rayaw
08-03-09, 10:48
Why going for 99 Lease Hold.

There are so many 2nd hand houses tha is only 1~3 year old and it is free hold.

Name a few:

For older Bluewatere 1, etc

For new bluewater 2, Haven, Coatal VIew, JLB, etc

Above are freehold and you need not worried abt. selling even 20~25 years down the road.

Coastal View is one of the Best as the View is relattively unblock and it is the only condo there that that allows cars to enter from the Front to Pasir Ris Drive 4 and towards the Beach facing Aloha.

Your Friend can park in the Free Park Carpark when visiting you and you can have beach Barbecus near the beach and have them visit you once they have finished. That way, les cleaning in the house and very breezey.

NO better excercise that having it in nature that in the gym.

The beach is so near buy. Your kids have lots of space to move around as the beach reaches to the other end of the Park. If stroll, will take you up to 45mins ~ 1 hr. With Bicycle, maybe 30 mins.

Yes, it is not near to City. But Friend, I would rather live near to nature that with Concrete forest.

Just my view

focus
08-03-09, 21:08
True..there is so many things to like about Jln Loyan Besar area.. especially those FH like bluwaters and lighthouse..

unfortunately.. my parents do not like that area.. sigh... dunno why...sigh..

It was really love at first sight when I went to that area..

rayaw
08-03-09, 23:49
Hi Focus;

Many ppl does not see gems till it glows.

Do you know that there are plan for water taxi to serve Punggol, Pasir Ris, Ubin and etc.

The Pasir Ris Road (Ave 3) to Punggol will be announce soon.

There are not many Condo left really near the beach.

East Coast still need to walk beneath the underpass to reach the beach.

There are houses in the Different parts of Pasir Ris do near the beach but they are terrace or bungalow which is far from MRT, food center and ammenity.

Learn to understand gems as they are

vinc1281
09-03-09, 00:11
Vinc,

why is Coastal Breeze bad fengshui ?

The unit i'm looking at faces adjacent pointed roofs so was a bit concerned about the impact of the pointed roof in my direction.

Esp. the roofs are towards my master bedroom.

Also concerned about the drain in front of Coastal Breeze, the noisy chalet-goers @ Costa Sands and the blocked sea view.

Haha.. But I still like the place. :rolleyes:

vinc1281
09-03-09, 00:15
Why going for 99 Lease Hold.

There are so many 2nd hand houses tha is only 1~3 year old and it is free hold.

Name a few:

For older Bluewatere 1, etc

For new bluewater 2, Haven, Coatal VIew, JLB, etc

Above are freehold and you need not worried abt. selling even 20~25 years down the road.

Coastal View is one of the Best as the View is relattively unblock and it is the only condo there that that allows cars to enter from the Front to Pasir Ris Drive 4 and towards the Beach facing Aloha.

Your Friend can park in the Free Park Carpark when visiting you and you can have beach Barbecus near the beach and have them visit you once they have finished. That way, les cleaning in the house and very breezey.

NO better excercise that having it in nature that in the gym.

The beach is so near buy. Your kids have lots of space to move around as the beach reaches to the other end of the Park. If stroll, will take you up to 45mins ~ 1 hr. With Bicycle, maybe 30 mins.

Yes, it is not near to City. But Friend, I would rather live near to nature that with Concrete forest.

Just my view

WHy must be Free Hold? The only difference is that after about 10yrs, leasehold properties depreciated faster than free hold. Its a general misconception that freehold must definitely be better than leasehold. There are many other factors to consider, facilities, project size, developers, nearby amenities and location... Just to name a few.

And Coastal View is SOLD OUT! :D

vinc1281
09-03-09, 00:16
True..there is so many things to like about Jln Loyan Besar area.. especially those FH like bluwaters and lighthouse..

unfortunately.. my parents do not like that area.. sigh... dunno why...sigh..

It was really love at first sight when I went to that area..

Hahhaa.. My wife love that place too! :D

She love it a lot! Its a nice place la. Near to EHub, beach and nature.

kgchong
09-03-09, 13:00
WHy must be Free Hold? The only difference is that after about 10yrs, leasehold properties depreciated faster than free hold. Its a general misconception that freehold must definitely be better than leasehold. There are many other factors to consider, facilities, project size, developers, nearby amenities and location... Just to name a few.

And Coastal View is SOLD OUT! :D

oh.. so the coastal view already sold out... was thiking to take a look....

i went to the showroom opposite of downtown east.... the last showroom close to main road.. can't remember which one... seems pretty small.... do you remember?

how about bluwater 2? or out of those showroom, which one gives you better feel?

focus
09-03-09, 23:49
Hi Focus;

Many ppl does not see gems till it glows.

Do you know that there are plan for water taxi to serve Punggol, Pasir Ris, Ubin and etc.

The Pasir Ris Road (Ave 3) to Punggol will be announce soon.

There are not many Condo left really near the beach.

East Coast still need to walk beneath the underpass to reach the beach.

There are houses in the Different parts of Pasir Ris do near the beach but they are terrace or bungalow which is far from MRT, food center and ammenity.

Learn to understand gems as they are

Yup, I told them about the possibility of Pasir Ris turning into a vibrant place with jetty and restuarants and the linkage between punggol and pasir ris.. actually ..even sembawang..

I've been to the Punggol new cluster housins (white horse or something like that), the sembawang penagal place...

Anyway, they know all these.. but sigh.. nevermind.. vomit blood talking about house hunting with parents.. But too bad.. It's their place of residence.. they should like it..

Enjoy your stay in pasir ris man.. I ..sobsob....

Mary
10-03-09, 15:13
Went to look at the Coastal Breeze, like the location alot, almost wanted to buy the 2nd floor (not good view but cheaper) 4th floor is very exp.. But after some consideration, thinking that with the same amount we can also look at The Quartz and no need to wait for another 2 years.

What u guys think? Is it better to get The Quartz or Coastal Breeze?

....... cannot make up my mind.

vinc1281
10-03-09, 15:23
Went to look at the Coastal Breeze, like the location alot, almost wanted to buy the 2nd floor (not good view but cheaper) 4th floor is very exp.. But after some consideration, thinking that with the same amount we can also look at The Quartz and no need to wait for another 2 years.

What u guys think? Is it better to get The Quartz or Coastal Breeze?

....... cannot make up my mind.

Hi Mary

Been researching about private properties for quite awhile.

Pls feel free to PM me.

Personally I'm also looking at Coastal Breeze. :D

Mary
10-03-09, 15:30
call u but no reply leh....

alexxchow
26-03-09, 23:14
call u but no reply leh....

Hi, I'm also looking at Breeze but that was late last year when they did their soft launch... only about a handful sold back then.

what is the quoted psf now for 3rd or 4th floor now?

I was told its close to 800-850psf then. not sure how many units are being sold now. any idea?

peddyfield
26-05-09, 00:03
Hi, I'm also looking at Breeze but that was late last year when they did their soft launch... only about a handful sold back then.

what is the quoted psf now for 3rd or 4th floor now?

I was told its close to 800-850psf then. not sure how many units are being sold now. any idea?

abt 6xx-7xxpsf. it's 70-80% sold. I agree with 'focus' its a hidden gem. My instint tells me that some one will soon dig up this gem. Norm, if there are active development arn that area somethin must be comin up. Always look for empty land arn the area you want to invest in;)

Regulators
26-05-09, 00:20
just becoz diamond is made frm carbon doesnt mean u can treat a piece of charcoal as diamond.
abt 6xx-7xxpsf. it's 70-80% sold. I agree with 'focus' its a hidden gem. My instint tells me that some one will soon dig up this gem. Norm, if there are active development arn that area somethin must be comin up. Always look for empty land arn the area you want to invest in;)

vinc1281
26-05-09, 08:37
just becoz diamond is made frm carbon doesnt mean u can treat a piece of charcoal as diamond.

Well said!

But then Coastal Breeze is really not too bad a deal. You can look at my input at the other thread. under "FH/999 at JLB"

My 2 :2cents: worth.

vinc1281
08-07-09, 01:12
Fellow forumers

Currently I'm looking at Coastal Breeze Residences. Thinking of getting a 4th floor unit. psf abt $660.

Would really love to hear from your guys on this project and perhaps for seasoned house hunters, what are some things to ask for (freebies, discounts) or look out for (Feng Shui, Floor level and unit no. direction of main door) when buying a house?

You input is most appreciated.

If you have bought a unit at Coastal Breeze, would also like to hear form you. Pls do PM me.

Perhaps you can even add on to my pros / cons list.

Pros:
walking distance to Ehub
shuttle bus from Pasir Ris MRT to Coastal Breeze (Downtown east Shuttle)
Private Lift
High Ceiling (3.1m)
Exclusivity
Small Project (Pool will not be jam packed)
Walking distance to Beach

Cons:
Need to walk to MRT (10mins)
LH 99yrs
Road leading to entrance might be jammed on sunday due to church services

alexxchow
10-07-09, 10:34
hi, i'm interested with units on the 4th floor too. Which unit have u gotten? Facing the sea? Any freebies?

vinc1281
10-07-09, 14:39
hi, i'm interested with units on the 4th floor too. Which unit have u gotten? Facing the sea? Any freebies?

PMed you. do

vinc1281
10-07-09, 14:39

PMed you. do have

vinc1281
10-07-09, 14:43

PMed you. do have a look.

peddyfield
11-07-09, 01:32
me too also quite interested. last week i call up & check, they told me they only left w bigger units. :doh:

marktkt22
12-07-09, 21:15
just went down to bluwater2 today, they sold most of the gnd unit and the seafacing PH...at >600 psf (that meant most are transacted at 900K and above)..rich sporean.

coastal view is good but then it so near Aloha (designated quarantine center for contagious disease). It was also sold at 800psf...which is challengingto make profit later for subsale, as Bluwater2 is transacted at 577-600psf.

Riz haven plot is too small, in my view, and near to the "old house".... with an errie feel..Price and size of unit is competitive though.

Personal fav is still bluwater2 m but almost all sold out, so back to square 1, ....

JLB residence is a good budget apartment to consider...although being an apartment, it short on facilities.:)

Mabel
13-07-09, 08:25
Almost all the condos there are smallish type so not all have much facilities except swimming pools and bbq and some smallish other facilities. But there is pasir ris park as your playground just behind. I was looking at this area and east coast a few months ago but this economic conditions make it hard for me to invest. From my research, east coast is bound to have MRT. What's interesting about JLB is that there are talks of a Northshore MRT extension, and this could mean a downtown east mrt, a loyang mert station, changi village and all the way to changi airport. If this materialises, it will still take 10 or 15 years from now la, but that's the potential. One of the poential MRT stations could be on one of empty land plots. The lands are meant though for future residences under the URA master plan, so expect some concrete jungle there soon. The ration indicates 10 to 14 storey blocks, so can be HDB (the condo developers type), EC, Condo, plain HDB or a combination of all these. Pretty crowded there soon unless somebody go and tell URA that at least part of the plot there should be reserved as a natural green lung. All in, I think the condo there now is worth about 650 (99 LH), 700 (999 or FH) and after the market recovery, about 20% more. If MRT goes thru, add another 10%. If market crashes, the downside can be hard but the psf is already among the lowest in Spore, so it can't go too much lower IMHO. Need to compare this place to east coast because I think they are quite similar in many ways for investment.

vinc1281
13-07-09, 12:11
Almost all the condos there are smallish type so not all have much facilities except swimming pools and bbq and some smallish other facilities. But there is pasir ris park as your playground just behind. I was looking at this area and east coast a few months ago but this economic conditions make it hard for me to invest. From my research, east coast is bound to have MRT. What's interesting about JLB is that there are talks of a Northshore MRT extension, and this could mean a downtown east mrt, a loyang mert station, changi village and all the way to changi airport. If this materialises, it will still take 10 or 15 years from now la, but that's the potential. One of the poential MRT stations could be on one of empty land plots. The lands are meant though for future residences under the URA master plan, so expect some concrete jungle there soon. The ration indicates 10 to 14 storey blocks, so can be HDB (the condo developers type), EC, Condo, plain HDB or a combination of all these. Pretty crowded there soon unless somebody go and tell URA that at least part of the plot there should be reserved as a natural green lung. All in, I think the condo there now is worth about 650 (99 LH), 700 (999 or FH) and after the market recovery, about 20% more. If MRT goes thru, add another 10%. If market crashes, the downside can be hard but the psf is already among the lowest in Spore, so it can't go too much lower IMHO. Need to compare this place to east coast because I think they are quite similar in many ways for investment.

Hi MabelThank you for bringing out some interesting facts on the area.Would like to clarify on certain points.

1. the news of having the MRT passing through downtown east, loyang and through to Changi Village is indeed heartening. Would you be able to share your research on the information.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/320747/1/.html

CNA covered a short article on the fact that these "future MRT lines" are not reliable and are refuted by LTA.

2. The land parcels right along the new road of Pasir Ris Drive 4 is indeed meant for development. The only thing is when and what. I'm also very curious about the piece of land right beside red house, at the T-junction of Drive 4 and JLB close.

Any enlightened forumer care to share?

3. Lastly on your acceptable psf range of 650 for LH and 700 for 999 or FH? Its very interesting as for two vastly different nature of the land, their psf are quite close and that is exactly what is killing me. hahaha

650 psf for a LH property near to Ehub or 700 psf for a FH property further inside JLC Close but with a seaview????

Advice anyone?

vinc1281
13-07-09, 16:02
just went down to bluwater2 today, they sold most of the gnd unit and the seafacing PH...at >600 psf (that meant most are transacted at 900K and above)..rich sporean.

coastal view is good but then it so near Aloha (designated quarantine center for contagious disease). It was also sold at 800psf...which is challengingto make profit later for subsale, as Bluwater2 is transacted at 577-600psf.

Riz haven plot is too small, in my view, and near to the "old house".... with an errie feel..Price and size of unit is competitive though.

Personal fav is still bluwater2 m but almost all sold out, so back to square 1, ....

JLB residence is a good budget apartment to consider...although being an apartment, it short on facilities.:)

Hi marktkt22

Thank you for your analysis.

Indeed I do concurred with you on many points mentioned.

1. I think you mean Coastal Breeze instead of Coastal View, in terms of close promixity to Aloha Loyang.

Yes i think that (H1N1 quarantine center) is a valid point, not to mention the smoke from BBQ and the screaming from teenagers why is why I didn't take up the sea facing unit eventually.

2. Bluwater2 is nice but prices too steep for that price I rather buy Riz Haven.

3. Riz haven. Yes Plot of land quite small. Might be too close to Bluwater1 but luckily the units are on the other side, separated by riz haven pool and next to the red house. but for 16 units should be enough. The main drawback is too far inside and no bus going in so in terms of accessibility (if not driving) is bad.

4. JLB no more so is sub sales already.

vinc1281
13-07-09, 16:27
One more issue, I realised that in that plot of land where Coastal Breeze will be. Its the only one that is LH. The rest of the projects that surrounds it are all FH or 999yrs like Le Loyang, Loyang Gardens & Watercrest just to name a few.

Is there any implications in terms of sales next time? I mean adjacent plots of land and yet that is the only one that is LH.

Moreover there is a small plot of land that owner is not selling so they can keep the land to grow herbs. Which is why Coastal Breeze has a side gate at the road leading into JLB Close.

Pondering Pondering Pondering... :beats-me-man:

sleek
14-07-09, 02:08
LH or FH is determined by URA, SLA of HDB at the time the land was tendered out. Nothing the developers can do about it but to priced their bid competively for the nature of the land title. :2cents:

Mabel
14-07-09, 10:14
vnc1281

The Northshore MRT is not confirmed. But with demand, LRT will consider. If the empty plots at JLB are meant for housing, there will be demand. But this MRT if it happens will be a very long time.

The empty plots are for residential uses under the 5 years URA master plan. Can go to the URA website. But this kind of thing change after every 5 years. The red house belongs to someone lar. I think it is posing a danger to the public if the owner does not upkeep it. Someone needs to complain to URA lor.

FH/999 yr are about 10 to 20% more than LH. THis is a rough estimate. There are future bus stops planned on the new Pasir Ris drive 4, very close to Coastal View and Bluwaters. I guess next year got bus come in already.

I still think this JLB got potential but IMHO you must compare this one with east coast lar. The prices at JLB still cannot match east coast, so based on my own research and thinking, JLB is worth 80% of east coast prices for similar properties. If east coast (those walkable or nearby to East COast Park) is selling for 800psf, then JLB can buy for 640. If 1000psf, then 800 psf. You can do your own research and see if true.

One more thing about Pasir Ris. This is the only place in Singapore that can have a San Francisco-like bridge linking two an island to the main island. Pasir Ris to Pulau Ubin. This one can in 20 or 30 years time I think can happen. By then population in Singapore will be 6 to 8 million, so need alot of space. Pulau Ubin will be developed then.

marktkt22
14-07-09, 13:03
If that area is a designated quarantine center for all contagious disease, then it be impacted. I think cannot compared to east coast, since even the sea water at pasir ris beach is not fit for swimming. :tsk-tsk:

last I heard, one of the empty plot will be bluwater3, by novelty but 99yr

vinc1281
14-07-09, 14:51
LH or FH is determined by URA, SLA of HDB at the time the land was tendered out. Nothing the developers can do about it but to priced their bid competively for the nature of the land title. :2cents:

Thanks for the input.

vinc1281
14-07-09, 14:55
vnc1281

The Northshore MRT is not confirmed. But with demand, LRT will consider. If the empty plots at JLB are meant for housing, there will be demand. But this MRT if it happens will be a very long time.

The empty plots are for residential uses under the 5 years URA master plan. Can go to the URA website. But this kind of thing change after every 5 years. The red house belongs to someone lar. I think it is posing a danger to the public if the owner does not upkeep it. Someone needs to complain to URA lor.

FH/999 yr are about 10 to 20% more than LH. THis is a rough estimate. There are future bus stops planned on the new Pasir Ris drive 4, very close to Coastal View and Bluwaters. I guess next year got bus come in already.

I still think this JLB got potential but IMHO you must compare this one with east coast lar. The prices at JLB still cannot match east coast, so based on my own research and thinking, JLB is worth 80% of east coast prices for similar properties. If east coast (those walkable or nearby to East COast Park) is selling for 800psf, then JLB can buy for 640. If 1000psf, then 800 psf. You can do your own research and see if true.

One more thing about Pasir Ris. This is the only place in Singapore that can have a San Francisco-like bridge linking two an island to the main island. Pasir Ris to Pulau Ubin. This one can in 20 or 30 years time I think can happen. By then population in Singapore will be 6 to 8 million, so need alot of space. Pulau Ubin will be developed then.

Hi Mabel

Thank you for your input.

The red house belongs to CK Tang If I'm not wrong. From my friend staying in Bluwater, they do send people to upkeep the property so not to worry.

But i'm very interested with your info on SBS buses plying JLB Close coz I wrote in to SBS before and the reply was that there are no current plans to send buses into the area.

So i'm really looking forwards to your suggestion which hopefully can be supported by concrete findings.

vinc1281
14-07-09, 15:02
If that area is a designated quarantine center for all contagious disease, then it be impacted. I think cannot compared to east coast, since even the sea water at pasir ris beach is not fit for swimming. :tsk-tsk:

last I heard, one of the empty plot will be bluwater3, by novelty but 99yr

Hi marktkt22

Ya. but no choice. I think unless along come a disease that is highly contagious and FATAL then people will be afraid and shun the area which will in turn affect prices of housing.

Yes. JLB is the poorer cousin of East Coast and Sentosa Cove.

Last plot of Land? where? hmmm any idea when bluwater3 will be launched?

Mabel
15-07-09, 10:32
Hi Mabel

Thank you for your input.

The red house belongs to CK Tang If I'm not wrong. From my friend staying in Bluwater, they do send people to upkeep the property so not to worry.

But i'm very interested with your info on SBS buses plying JLB Close coz I wrote in to SBS before and the reply was that there are no current plans to send buses into the area.

So i'm really looking forwards to your suggestion which hopefully can be supported by concrete findings.

Don't worry lar. If you travel along the new pasir ris drive 4 linking JLB, you will notice 2 bus bays already there, about 50m from the red house. SBS can say all they want but the reality is comes end of this year, they cannot control anymore the bus routes because LTA will take over the planning of the bus routes and tender them out. So if LTA which owns the new pasir ris drive 4 puts 2 bus bays there, my guess is that they are planning to have buses going into JLB when they plan the routes. If SBS doesn't want, TIBS will take it lar.

East Coast is now more ex than JLB. This one cannot argue one. IMHO, in 10 years' time, can argue depending on the development there. East Coast has almost reached its potential already with the MRT prices all factored in. JLB potential is still an unknown factor. But as it is, I think it's worth 80% of East Coast condo near the sea.

I am now looking to invest in Sentosa Cove again. It is worth about 120% above East Coast for now. IMHO.

vinc1281
15-07-09, 12:44
Don't worry lar. If you travel along the new pasir ris drive 4 linking JLB, you will notice 2 bus bays already there, about 50m from the red house. SBS can say all they want but the reality is comes end of this year, they cannot control anymore the bus routes because LTA will take over the planning of the bus routes and tender them out. So if LTA which owns the new pasir ris drive 4 puts 2 bus bays there, my guess is that they are planning to have buses going into JLB when they plan the routes. If SBS doesn't want, TIBS will take it lar.

East Coast is now more ex than JLB. This one cannot argue one. IMHO, in 10 years' time, can argue depending on the development there. East Coast has almost reached its potential already with the MRT prices all factored in. JLB potential is still an unknown factor. But as it is, I think it's worth 80% of East Coast condo near the sea.

I am now looking to invest in Sentosa Cove again. It is worth about 120% above East Coast for now. IMHO.

Bus Bays!?!?!?!

I shall drop by to see today. Yes if bus bays are up then its clear sign that the area is gearing up for development. :D

Mabel
01-08-10, 05:17
So what's happening to thi development? I see the show flat is still up?

marktkt22
03-08-10, 22:54
btw,there a church there ....and on fri/sat evening or when there is mass...it jamn until u vomit blood.
bus bay ...but hardly anyone wait for bus..
.and all projt there depend on downtown east as eateries...
:)

devilplate
03-08-10, 22:59
can find many 999LH projects over there....better dun touch 99LH

shauntanzs
03-08-10, 23:29
wah say devilplate. D17 u oso come. I tot u only D1-D15.

devilplate
03-08-10, 23:53
wah say devilplate. D17 u oso come. I tot u only D1-D15.

D1,2,4,9,10,11 priced out of my pocket liao..:o

16,17 aso not bad leh...hehe...i easty guy:D

proud owner
03-08-10, 23:59
D1,2,4,9,10,11 priced out of my pocket liao..:o

16,17 aso not bad leh...hehe...i easty guy:D

D16 17 for own stay quite good ... i like

Mabel
06-08-10, 09:36
Was told only 2 or 3 PH left. Had wanted to invest in a 3 room about a year ago but then market sentiments not too good. So missed the boat. This project is going to the developer's signature project and its reputation will depend alot on this condo. So I think it will take extra care on this condo. Has some strong points:

private lift
next to DTE, beach
not too far from PR MRT

99 years, but my feel is that it won't make much of a difference in 20 years' time cos I think a MRT station will be building right infront of DTE by then.

Also noticed that there will be a new sports/swimming complex nearby. The plot infront of Whitesand can be future mall or mall+residence.

All PH should have sea view. But PH harder to rent it so harder to commit to invest. But the PHs are quite good: duplex, terrace, jacuzzi, pte lift from basement carpark and sea view. Great lifestyle by a nice park.

Minus point: Quite a distance to CBD.

I think I will take a month to mull over this and see if by then the couple of PHs are still there.

marktkt22
24-08-10, 00:35
Was told only 2 or 3 PH left. Had wanted to invest in a 3 room about a year ago but then market sentiments not too good. So missed the boat. This project is going to the developer's signature project and its reputation will depend alot on this condo. So I think it will take extra care on this condo. Has some strong points:

private lift
next to DTE, beach
not too far from PR MRT

99 years, but my feel is that it won't make much of a difference in 20 years' time cos I think a MRT station will be building right infront of DTE by then.

Also noticed that there will be a new sports/swimming complex nearby. The plot infront of Whitesand can be future mall or mall+residence.

All PH should have sea view. But PH harder to rent it so harder to commit to invest. But the PHs are quite good: duplex, terrace, jacuzzi, pte lift from basement carpark and sea view. Great lifestyle by a nice park.

Minus point: Quite a distance to CBD.

I think I will take a month to mull over this and see if by then the couple of PHs are still there.

so u bought the ph ...?:)

Mabel
24-08-10, 12:17
Checking on NVR (does it mean Neverland?). I am afraid that with NVR launch the price at Coastal Breeze will also move up but I am not sure if I want to invest in a PH. More like 2 or 3 bedder for rental. NVR has the MRT in its vicinity and it will take twice the time for Coastal Breeze than NVR to MRT but if you ask me about locality, I think Coastal Breeze looks more attractive. What you think?

devilplate
24-08-10, 12:26
Checking on NVR (does it mean Neverland?). I am afraid that with NVR launch the price at Coastal Breeze will also move up but I am not sure if I want to invest in a PH. More like 2 or 3 bedder for rental. NVR has the MRT in its vicinity and it will take twice the time for Coastal Breeze than NVR to MRT but if you ask me about locality, I think Coastal Breeze looks more attractive. What you think?

NVR take at least 10min walk to MRT....its the plot behind Livia...for Livia oredi take about 8min to hit MRT

coastal breeze left with big unwanted units leh...u still want meh

Mabel
24-08-10, 15:00
NVR take at least 10min walk to MRT....its the plot behind Livia...for Livia oredi take about 8min to hit MRT

coastal breeze left with big unwanted units leh...u still want meh

Hard to rent out. Those units will appeal more to 3-G family. NVR is closer to MRT la. It's next to Livia and the plot and entrance are nearer to MRT. Should be 5 mins walk for NVR.

Mabel
24-08-10, 15:18
The developer advertised Livia at 8 mins walk to MRT and NVR at 6 mins walk. I have a burning question: there's this little plot at the tip of NVR (if you look northward, Livia on the left, NVR on the right, and this little plot at the right tip - MRT further at the right side). It seems that this little plot can build 100-200 units (more if MM types) and can advertise at 4-5 mins to MRT. Is this also part of the "CDL" land mass and is this what CDL is going to do - a THIRD condo on that plot? Nearer and nearer to MRT, prices up and up?

devilplate
24-08-10, 15:57
Hard to rent out. Those units will appeal more to 3-G family. NVR is closer to MRT la. It's next to Livia and the plot and entrance are nearer to MRT. Should be 5 mins walk for NVR.

hey really ar? i drove past few times....they oredi started work on the NV site and the cranes is behind Livia(more towards elias green leh) or i see wrongly...if NV is beside Livia, den it is definitely nearer to MRT:ashamed1: and 2bedders at 6xxk , roughly 9xxpsf seems reasonable given subsale 2bedders at Livia oredi transacted at 8xxpsf

devilplate
24-08-10, 15:59
The developer advertised Livia at 8 mins walk to MRT and NVR at 6 mins walk. I have a burning question: there's this little plot at the tip of NVR (if you look northward, Livia on the left, NVR on the right, and this little plot at the right tip - MRT further at the right side). It seems that this little plot can build 100-200 units (more if MM types) and can advertise at 4-5 mins to MRT. Is this also part of the "CDL" land mass and is this what CDL is going to do - a THIRD condo on that plot? Nearer and nearer to MRT, prices up and up?

the whole plot will house 4-5condo projects eventually....and i heard(rumor) tat devt bot the land long long time ago at dirt cheap price( sort of 50psf ppr)

Mabel
24-08-10, 16:02
hey really ar? i drove past few times....they oredi started work on the NV site and the cranes is behind Livia(more towards elias green leh) or i see wrongly...if NV is beside Livia, den it is definitely nearer to MRT:ashamed1: and 2bedders at 6xxk , roughly 9xxpsf seems reasonable given subsale 2bedders at Livia oredi transacted at 8xxpsf

Think got units further in also but from the look of entrances of Livia and NVR, NVR is nearer the MRT. The 2 entrances about 2-3 mins walk apart. If at 9xx psf, I think Pasir Ris has its value liao.

devilplate
24-08-10, 16:13
Think got units further in also but from the look of entrances of Livia and NVR, NVR is nearer the MRT. The 2 entrances about 2-3 mins walk apart. If at 9xx psf, I think Pasir Ris has its value liao.

mabel: i duno wat u r toking about leh....i did a google search and i found this website with the actual NV site being mapped together with Livia

http://www.sghomepreview.com/nv-residences.html

directpoint A to B distance is 470m(walk thru the grass field?? in fact later on, all will be condos...u cannot cut thru)....so most likely, NV residents goto walk to pasir ris drive 1 b4 reaching MRT..it will probably take 10-12mins with no shade quite xiong

Mabel
24-08-10, 17:29
mabel: i duno wat u r toking about leh....i did a google search and i found this website with the actual NV site being mapped together with Livia

http://www.sghomepreview.com/nv-residences.html

directpoint A to B distance is 470m(walk thru the grass field?? in fact later on, all will be condos...u cannot cut thru)....so most likely, NV residents goto walk to pasir ris drive 1 b4 reaching MRT..it will probably take 10-12mins with no shade quite xiong

Thanks for the info. From the map you've given, the NVR entrance does look nearer to MRT than Livia entrance. But if future blocked by other condos, than you may be right that the MRT walk will be a longer one. From the map, NVR site seems to be besides Livia but more towards south also. I got the 6-minute MRT walk from this website that says "Just 6 mins walk to Pasir Ris MRT and White Sand Shopping Malls":

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/NV%20Residences.php

So I think every potential buyer needs to do their own homework and do the actual walk and careful comparison before deciding if NVR's MRT walk is really better than Livia.

Mabel
24-08-10, 17:33

Sorry lar, I am not sure if the developer is advertising the NVR at 6 mins walk (can someone please confirm) but I am quite sure they put Livia at 8 minutes walk in their ad.

Mabel
24-08-10, 17:37

Please see Devilplate's info on the map. If NVR will be blocked by other condos in future, I think he has a point there that the MRT walk may be longer than Livia due to detour. Can someone please confirm and do the actual walk etc? I am seriously thinking of investing in NVR so good to have the right info.

jencrs
24-08-10, 17:49
If NVR will be blocked by other condos in future, I think he has a point there that the MRT walk may be longer than Livia due to detour. Can someone please confirm and do the actual walk etc? I am seriously thinking of investing in NVR so good to have the right info.Errr ya since u want to invest better to walk for yourself la. Once other condos come up, really anyone's guess if still can walk direct to mrt or not. Maybe they'll be nice and leave a path in the center, who knows?

devilplate
24-08-10, 18:00
Please see Devilplate's info on the map. If NVR will be blocked by other condos in future, I think he has a point there that the MRT walk may be longer than Livia due to detour. Can someone please confirm and do the actual walk etc? I am seriously thinking of investing in NVR so good to have the right info.

i tink livia and NV is on par...NV may be quieter as it is not facing any major roads whereas livia is facing pasir ris drive 1.... based on the map...i believe there will be total of 5 condos by CDL...only the plot nearest to MRT can trash livia and NV ..however, i suspect CDL will launch tat prime spot at the very very last.

the other 2 plots will be the worst as it is impossible to walk to MRT and also facing TPE(machiam elias green situation)

u may wana look at livia subsale??mabe possible to get a subsale 3bedder ard 700psf at livia now? or resale along JLB?

Mabel
24-08-10, 20:20
i tink livia and NV is on par...NV may be quieter as it is not facing any major roads whereas livia is facing pasir ris drive 1.... based on the map...i believe there will be total of 5 condos by CDL...only the plot nearest to MRT can trash livia and NV ..however, i suspect CDL will launch tat prime spot at the very very last.

the other 2 plots will be the worst as it is impossible to walk to MRT and also facing TPE(machiam elias green situation)

u may wana look at livia subsale??mabe possible to get a subsale 3bedder ard 700psf at livia now? or resale along JLB?

Not interested in subsale. Subsale means the seller want to at least hit par with his purchase price so it means the sales price includes his stamp duties (could be twice), agent's fees, bank's penalty and legal fees. So what for. Get direct from developer better.

Resale depends on many other things la...

ALL PLEASE NOTE: MY COMMENTS SO FAR IN THIS FORUM MAY NOT BE CORRECT OR BASED ON MY READING FROM VARIOUS WEBSITES/BROCHURES (SO MAY ALSO TURN OUT TO BE INCORRECT) OR BASED ON MY WRONG IMPRESSION OR OPINION. SO DON'T COUNT ON ANY OF MY COMMENTS TO BE ACCURATE AT ALL. DO YOUR OWN CHECKS. FOR THOSE LIKE ME THINKING OF INVESTING, THIS FORUM IS GOOD AS CAN HELP US TO SHARE OUR OPINION AND LEARN BETTER ABOUT A PROJECT FROM SHARING. IT IS REALLY A HEADACHE WITH SO MUCH DIFFERENT INFO FROM VARIOUS SOURCES, SO CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK.

Mabel
24-08-10, 20:32
Sorry lar, I am not sure if the developer is advertising the NVR at 6 mins walk (can someone please confirm) but I am quite sure they put Livia at 8 minutes walk in their ad.

I was mistaken about the posting on this website - http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/NV%20Residences.php

that has the CDL Logo and name and all these pictures that look exclusive and it says "Just 6 mins walk to Pasir Ris MRT", so I got the impression it was CDL advertising it. But I think my impression was wrong here.

Can someone enlighten me about the website propertylaunch? Where they get all these exclusive pictures and floorplans and info etc? At the bottom, it has an interesting disclaimer (so read it).

Mabel
24-08-10, 20:47
Errr ya since u want to invest better to walk for yourself la. Once other condos come up, really anyone's guess if still can walk direct to mrt or not. Maybe they'll be nice and leave a path in the center, who knows?

I will. But should I walk through the centre, or along Livia perimeter?

devilplate
24-08-10, 21:59

u can try walking from livia...cross the road and cut thru the HDBs to reach MRT....tats probably the shortest...and add 2-3mins to it....better be safe den sorry?:D

jencrs
24-08-10, 22:04
I will. But should I walk through the centre, or along Livia perimeter?Well, you're probably gonna have to walk there, and walk back right? Might as well do both for best and worst case.

gohsoonk
24-08-10, 22:04
They will not leave a walking path in the center. I really doubt.

Errr ya since u want to invest better to walk for yourself la. Once other condos come up, really anyone's guess if still can walk direct to mrt or not. Maybe they'll be nice and leave a path in the center, who knows?

gohsoonk
24-08-10, 22:06
There will be a road called Pasir Ris Grove for you to walk next time. You need to walk past the entrance of Livia to reach the MRT.

gohsoonk
24-08-10, 22:11
NV is slightly further than Livia.

It is confirmed that there will be 5 condos by CDL. The prime spot will be launched at the last. Logically, it will be launched in an anti-clockwise fashion (take bearing from Livia).

The plot that is near the TPE and Pasir Ris Drive 8 is the largest plot size.

The worst plot is the one beside Elias Green (about 300+ units).

BTW, I was reading somewhere that they got it much lower than $50 psf.

gohsoonk
24-08-10, 22:14
It could be a win-win situation. Some transactions were below 580psf and you might be able to get some win-win price with the owners. Never know.

You would need to find out which owner managed to get a good deal and negotations would be easier as they have more buffer. However, $$$ need to be spent to find out the info on the purchase price of units.

Not interested in subsale. Subsale means the seller want to at least hit par with his purchase price so it means the sales price includes his stamp duties (could be twice), agent's fees, bank's penalty and legal fees. So what for. Get direct from developer better.

Resale depends on many other things la...

ALL PLEASE NOTE: MY COMMENTS SO FAR IN THIS FORUM MAY NOT BE CORRECT OR BASED ON MY READING FROM VARIOUS WEBSITES/BROCHURES (SO MAY ALSO TURN OUT TO BE INCORRECT) OR BASED ON MY WRONG IMPRESSION OR OPINION. SO DON'T COUNT ON ANY OF MY COMMENTS TO BE ACCURATE AT ALL. DO YOUR OWN CHECKS. FOR THOSE LIKE ME THINKING OF INVESTING, THIS FORUM IS GOOD AS CAN HELP US TO SHARE OUR OPINION AND LEARN BETTER ABOUT A PROJECT FROM SHARING. IT IS REALLY A HEADACHE WITH SO MUCH DIFFERENT INFO FROM VARIOUS SOURCES, SO CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK.

Mabel
29-08-10, 15:15
I was mistaken about the posting on this website - http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/NV%20Residences.php

that has the CDL Logo and name and all these pictures that look exclusive and it says "Just 6 mins walk to Pasir Ris MRT", so I got the impression it was CDL advertising it. But I think my impression was wrong here.

Can someone enlighten me about the website propertylaunch? Where they get all these exclusive pictures and floorplans and info etc? At the bottom, it has an interesting disclaimer (so read it).

I read further about PropertyLaunch.sg and it says under "About Us" that "...Simply put, it means we are Direct Developers Sales Team for all projects seen here...". (bold is by them, not me) http://www.propertylaunch.sg/AboutUs.php