PDA

View Full Version : Landed Property - in D15 & D16 (within $1.5mil)

latour
25-02-09, 23:13
Is it possible at all to look for landed house in D15 or D16 within a $1.5mil budget, freehold ? any advise from anyone ?

focus
26-02-09, 00:05
Definitely.
But you have to be contented with smaller land size (<2000sqft) and older building (>15yrs).

But cluster housing should be able to get new one.. if there is any on offer now

gfoo
26-02-09, 00:19
in siglap, there was a 2200sqft land area, 3 storey, rebuilt detached by a famous architect, owned by a socialite. sold in jan for 1.43m, with extremely nice and decadent interiors. i missed this by ONE day. damn!

you should hold out for such gems, keep doin research

focus
26-02-09, 00:46
WAKOU! $1.5MIL for a REBUILT ... All those Gems must be thru' word of mouth instead of classifieds huh?

Anyway, THAT IS QUITE A STEAL.. as compared to what I am now contemplating in serangoon gdns ... $1.8mil for 2100sqft.. sheeze..

I am thinking of telling the agent that I will give her $5k for every $100k she can decrease... from the price list...keke.. dunno workable or not

orange
26-02-09, 01:17
2200sf land is pathetic for a detached. Terrace and semi-de land area at Bukit Timah are already bigger than that..that is the problem I have with D14,15,16 kuching kurak landed, car porch only for a Vios and unable to close gate some more!

orange
26-02-09, 01:22
It is hardly gracious living for a socialite. That's why most socialites live in Tanglin, Holland and Bukit Timah. Eastcoast only Mountbatten,Meyer considered worthy. Maybe Frankel but those are too cina towkay to be stylish.

latour
26-02-09, 07:56
in siglap, there was a 2200sqft land area, 3 storey, rebuilt detached by a famous architect, owned by a socialite. sold in jan for 1.43m, with extremely nice and decadent interiors. i missed this by ONE day. damn!

you should hold out for such gems, keep doin research

Thanks gfoo, you are the expert in this sort of thingy,,, was looking at condo in the same area, but really for about the same there may be good catch in the market over the next months/years rite? Still learning and doing research. Oh, and I'm so sorry you miss that one out by only 1 day... if come across good lobang can pm me :) ...

gfoo
26-02-09, 10:41
Thanks gfoo, you are the expert in this sort of thingy,,, was looking at condo in the same area, but really for about the same there may be good catch in the market over the next months/years rite? Still learning and doing research. Oh, and I'm so sorry you miss that one out by only 1 day... if come across good lobang can pm me :) ...

i actually saw the listing in propertyguru. from my experience, a lot of good landed deals appear in the Sunday classifieds. e.g. frankel/siglap townhouse, 3 storey, 2500sq ft, 950k, freehold. the only issue was that there are shops on the ground floor - pet store, wine place, childcare etc. my wife didn't like that.

proud owner
26-02-09, 10:51
i actually saw the listing in propertyguru. from my experience, a lot of good landed deals appear in the Sunday classifieds. e.g. frankel/siglap townhouse, 3 storey, 2500sq ft, 950k, freehold. the only issue was that there are shops on the ground floor - pet store, wine place, childcare etc. my wife didn't like that.

there are also some decent land size inter terrace ..at Kerris ..opposite frankel ... below 1.5 mio ... nice and quiet ...

latour
26-02-09, 11:18
there are also some decent land size inter terrace ..at Kerris ..opposite frankel ... below 1.5 mio ... nice and quiet ...

Really, care to share some of these info with us here ?

focus
26-02-09, 12:22

Ya.. actually talking about the shops..
I was wondering whether it makes business sense to invest in those shophouses..

Geylang someone selling coffeeshop for $4mil.. and I believe coffeeshop rakes in at least $40k monthly (from stalls rental + drinks).... The problem there is too many cofffeeshoops...

But commercial properties yield seems to be higher around 6-9% compared to residential properties..

Anyone dabble in commercial properties before?

proud owner
26-02-09, 15:12
Ya.. actually talking about the shops..
I was wondering whether it makes business sense to invest in those shophouses..

Geylang someone selling coffeeshop for $4mil.. and I believe coffeeshop rakes in at least $40k monthly (from stalls rental + drinks).... The problem there is too many cofffeeshoops...

But commercial properties yield seems to be higher around 6-9% compared to residential properties..

Anyone dabble in commercial properties before?

if you can find a decent location shop house like those in tanjong pagar ...3 storey .. even if its 30 yrs old .. 99 yr lease ..remaining 69 yrs ..

renting them out to 3 tenants ... the rent should cover your mortgage ..
perhaps taking back small amt every mth after loan ... after 10-15 yrs ,,the monthly rental you recieve will be pure income ...

thats another good 50 yrs

proud owner
26-02-09, 15:18
Really, care to share some of these info with us here ?

if you come from town direction along east coast rd ..... somewhere near Dunbar turn on the left (before frankel traffic light) ..on the right side ...turn right into it ...Jalan Buloh Perindu (after Esso) ..you will find Kerris ... quite a nice quiet place ...

latour
26-02-09, 15:50
if you come from town direction along east coast rd ..... somewhere near Dunbar turn on the left (before frankel traffic light) ..on the right side ...turn right into it ...Jalan Buloh Perindu (after Esso) ..you will find Kerris ... quite a nice quiet place ...

You mean Jalan Keris and Keris Dr area? I'm at Upper East Coast, I go to the Shell but I think shall go Esso to have a look. If you have details of that unit can pm me ?

focus
26-02-09, 16:05
if you can find a decent location shop house like those in tanjong pagar ...3 storey .. even if its 30 yrs old .. 99 yr lease ..remaining 69 yrs ..

renting them out to 3 tenants ... the rent should cover your mortgage ..
perhaps taking back small amt every mth after loan ... after 10-15 yrs ,,the monthly rental you recieve will be pure income ...

thats another good 50 yrs

But after 30yrs... the structural enhancements need to be done..
and that might not be worth the trouble of the income?

I donno... I was thinking of new ones or less than 10yrs old..
Geylang got a new row of shophouses that is up for sale.. some developer kinda "rebuilt" them and now selling them.. But the location is not at the redlight.. it's the lorongs that have a lot of new condos.

latour
26-02-09, 16:29

Geylang got a new row of shophouses that is up for sale.. some developer kinda "rebuilt" them and now selling them.. But the location is not at the redlight.. it's the lorongs that have a lot of new condos.

lorong 40+ is it ?

focus
26-02-09, 16:34
Yup yup..
if can get good rental yield.. why not.. since it's new

proud owner
26-02-09, 16:36
lorong 40+ is it ?

hahaah

the oldest trade in the world ...

hey ... if the building gets too old .. tats when enbloc potential comes in ..if your location is good ..right ??

i have thought of the condos at geylang area ... always feel they are good value .. so near to suntec ... and yet so cheap ..

i cant imagine govt keeping that prime location for 'chickens' for long ... and with the new high way there ... i always feel theres some plans cooking in that area ..

govt wont spend money build a tunnel / expressway ..ending at Geylang to facilitate men going home quickly after eating chicken rice/ soup ???

cant be right ...?
they must have some plan coming up there ..

our govt damn clever one .. think about it everybody ..

orange
26-02-09, 16:44
Chicken farm cannot be too far away from city area. Do remember that as well.

I hope they wil shift the chickens to somewhere close by. Maybe Sentosa?

When tourists and visitors go to holiday/leisure destinations, they will need to ****. If ****ing facilities are too far away, nobody will go there.

Singapore already cannot smoke freely, alcohol so damn expensive, if you take away the ****ing attractions, even fewer tourists will come. Ang moh all very horny one, u know? I think IR will fail liao, if like that.

Smoke, Drink, Gambling, ****ing, all these must combine together to make a premier holiday destination attractive. Amsterdam, Monaco, Macau, London, Paris, all these cities have enjoyable vices. Singapore leh? These Gahmen scholars don't know how to do business one lah! They think tourists want to come to Singapore only to do shopping and stare at the stupid Merlion and visit *yawn* Sentosa! hahahahah!:D

focus
26-02-09, 17:25
I also believed Chickenfarm will be relocated ...

The major road arteries are in place, the new Sports HUB will be built next door... They want to revitalise the beach road area ... So this chickenfarm seems to be too close for comfort now...

But then again.. to relocate such a huge group of lorongs without causing suspicion is impossible... . Any news.. I think those insiders closer to SLA will know ...

Remember a property developer who was the first to grab Sentosa area...

latour
27-02-09, 10:15
Is the Clustered House, FH, 6 units (was told 2 sold) at Jalan Kanbamgan worth considering? saw some posting its 1.3 to 1.4mil... probably good for $1.2mil or lesser at this point. Any advise?

focus
27-02-09, 13:41
You can go and take a look..
It's your personal preference...

I've been there but found that the surrounding is too cramp...

I've also been to the new cluster houses in Kovan.. the surrounding there is more open .. but the house itself is too small...

So now looking at Standalone semi-d instead.. as cluster housing seems to be built-up impressive but the per level floor area is too pathetic...

latour
27-02-09, 18:14

I've also been to the new cluster houses in Kovan.. the surrounding there is more open .. but the house itself is too small...

So now looking at Standalone semi-d instead.. as cluster housing seems to be built-up impressive but the per level floor area is too pathetic...

Thanks for your input, I will go take a look tmr if got time. I'm still looking around for good terrace or semi-d in the D15, D16 or maybe D14 area... no hurry. If you have some info could share with us... ?:)

focus
27-02-09, 20:22
Same same with you...
I do search from propertyguru or iproperty...
then go ura to check price..

Anyway, now looking at $2-3mil ...as it seems that if i want a >3000 sqft.. need to pay that much now.... but if property price correct, maybe got chance to pick them up around my budget?...

Today got one 8500 sqft(land).. selling for $4mil.. but ... out of my budget obviously..

Petmail
28-02-09, 03:44
WAKOU! $1.5MIL for a REBUILT ... All those Gems must be thru' word of mouth instead of classifieds huh?

Anyway, THAT IS QUITE A STEAL.. as compared to what I am now contemplating in serangoon gdns ... $1.8mil for 2100sqft.. sheeze..

I am thinking of telling the agent that I will give her $5k for every $100k she can decrease... from the price list...keke.. dunno workable or not

give me 0.5% for getting you D19 4623sqft land size with built up 5371sqft @ only $1.8mil only!!!

Petmail
28-02-09, 03:47

512-534 geylang road market by us...

:)
Pet

Petmail
28-02-09, 03:49
Is the Clustered House, FH, 6 units (was told 2 sold) at Jalan Kanbamgan worth considering? saw some posting its 1.3 to 1.4mil... probably good for $1.2mil or lesser at this point. Any advise?

market by us too... if you are keen can call me too... lolz

Pet

Petmail
28-02-09, 03:51

try checking out the sub-sale unit for Jewel is any of the owners are really selling... inter-terrace 4080sqft onwards! ask gfoo... he super familiar about that project.

Pet

Petmail
28-02-09, 04:00
Same same with you...
I do search from propertyguru or iproperty...
then go ura to check price..

Anyway, now looking at $2-3mil ...as it seems that if i want a >3000 sqft.. need to pay that much now.... but if property price correct, maybe got chance to pick them up around my budget?...

Today got one 8500 sqft(land).. selling for $4mil.. but ... out of my budget obviously..

I do have numerous plot of landed D14/15/16/17/19 for sale as well.

1) Jalan Waringin Land 2500sqft FH
2) Carpmael Land 2000sqft FH
3) Kee Sun 4800sqft FH
4) Paya Lebar Crescent looks pretty new land 4623sqft build 5371sqft 7bdrm super under value. bank indication of fair market value is 2.1-2.3mil but can close for you approx. 1.8mil with cheque offer.

These are some of the listings i have available of which some of them you can get a good buy paying just for the land and get a developer in to rebuilt into brand new inter/semi etc... cost pretty low if consider the current construction cost.

You might wanna ask if gfoo wanna share rebuild kee sun plot to rebuild a pair semi-d since frontage pretty big and construction cost save quite a fair bit too...

any questions call me anytime!

Pet

focus
28-02-09, 09:54
I do have numerous plot of landed D14/15/16/17/19 for sale as well.

1) Jalan Waringin Land 2500sqft FH
2) Carpmael Land 2000sqft FH
3) Kee Sun 4800sqft FH
4) Paya Lebar Crescent looks pretty new land 4623sqft build 5371sqft 7bdrm super under value. bank indication of fair market value is 2.1-2.3mil but can close for you approx. 1.8mil with cheque offer.

These are some of the listings i have available of which some of them you can get a good buy paying just for the land and get a developer in to rebuilt into brand new inter/semi etc... cost pretty low if consider the current construction cost.

You might wanna ask if gfoo wanna share rebuild kee sun plot to rebuild a pair semi-d since frontage pretty big and construction cost save quite a fair bit too...

any questions call me anytime!

Pet
Thanks.. But I will let my parents hunt for the landed..
They are super particular about the area and the new home...
You know lah.. we want Ai Pi, Ai Qi, Ai Tua Liap Nee...

The land you mentioned all I think cannot pass their QC.... somemore got one in JooChiat, the Disco district and one next to Hospital... maybe Kembagan near mosque??..keke..

Thanks for your offer any way...

focus
28-02-09, 10:03
try checking out the sub-sale unit for Jewel is any of the owners are really selling... inter-terrace 4080sqft onwards! ask gfoo... he super familiar about that project.

Pet
They don't like strata ...
Never mind me.. I have been taking properties off propertyguru and then going there with them .. to view the external....

Once I know what exactly they want in what area... I let you know...
'coz we went mimosa terraces.. it's new.. it's cheap...it's big... but.... they dont like the crampness there... though they are correct as you must see the night time when the car park there.. The whole place is JAMMED and a lot of uncivic residents... instead of parking their car in their compound.. most park their cars along the road.. and both sides of the road are jammed... really terrible area to live in now ... judging by that... u want to be neighbours with them...

Then go Kovan area... too old.. too cramp... too whatever.. Anyway, they got thousand and one reasons ... sigh...
Anyway.. you know lah.. now is look around.. .. everyone waiting for the correction to happen...

gfoo
28-02-09, 10:50
Aiya give u libang. Plot next to sembawang shopping center, 9000 sqft for 1.35m lowest. Spend 600k to build a 2 storey of your chpice lah. Its a forced sale just out on mon. Go ask ard.

gfoo
28-02-09, 10:52
999 yrs 8789 sq ft land area to be exact. There is are 2 single storey semis on it now, super old

latour
28-02-09, 20:26
Went to EastWood area D16 today, quite alot of nice terraces, semi-D etc. some selling about 1.4 to 1.6mil. Are these good? any comments and advise from the experts here ?

focus
01-03-09, 14:09
Aiya give u libang. Plot next to sembawang shopping center, 9000 sqft for 1.35m lowest. Spend 600k to build a 2 storey of your chpice lah. Its a forced sale just out on mon. Go ask ard.
Thanks! :)
Will check it out..
We have been to Penaga Pl to view those new Fragrance Hotel developed Corner terraces.. they liked that place coz it's got "NEW AIR".. all new development..not new development amind old "slumps"..as they put it..
Got Sea view... but the problem is none of us are working..so daily meal time will be very inconvenient..

But YOUR RECOMMENDATION ..YUMMY... It might seem to be a good buy ... but then ..you never know..they will complain that it is next to sembawan shopping center..the traffic must be terrible.. must be noisy.. exhuast directly blowing at the land.. etc etc.. sigh...

Yesterday, I went Kembawang to view a 5500 land selling for 2.4mil.... I found it nice.. but ...sigh... they heard an MRT passing by..kakaka... so... no go too.. Went Fideolio street to look at the hilltop Semis.. Only those near the road got excellent view.. the rest is packed among each other...

Wa.. driving me crazy ... I already given up .. I think I will let them scott..

By the way.. do you have the agent's contact for the Sembawang plot?
Wa.. 2 storey cost $300k? I thought on avg around $200-250k per storey .. then maybe landscape the rest of the land at $100-200k budget..
But yummylicious.. 9000 sqft for $1.35m... GOOD deal..
Just curious, you have been there and found it not to your liking?

gfoo
02-03-09, 11:45
Thanks! :)
Will check it out..
We have been to Penaga Pl to view those new Fragrance Hotel developed Corner terraces.. they liked that place coz it's got "NEW AIR".. all new development..not new development amind old "slumps"..as they put it..
Got Sea view... but the problem is none of us are working..so daily meal time will be very inconvenient..

In November last year, my parents actually put down a deposit to buy a terrace there - 1.3m with full ID thrown in (showroom unit). the effective price was 1.28m. and that was in November.

I cancelled the purchase when i took over to do finances after two main things. They were paying almost $6xx+psf for land area. that was ridiculous for a 99year.

Secondly, checks with Semb shipyards, NEA, and forums show tons of complaints about dust fallout from the sandblasting nearby. the only thing protecting you from the full fallout of sandblasting are the sembawang park trees.

lastly, the biggest reason why i chose to cancel was the human and water pollution. On weekends, next to little india, sembawang park is the 'to-go' place for foreign worker picnics and such. although sembawang park area has singapore's last natural beach, man is it small and grossly polluted from the nearby shipyard waste - not to mention the johor straits are already suffering from pollution from factories across the causeway.

in short, unless you want your kids or pets to grow two tails and 6 posable appendages per limb, better not get that area. it's overpriced anyways

focus
02-03-09, 12:47
In November last year, my parents actually put down a deposit to buy a terrace there - 1.3m with full ID thrown in (showroom unit). the effective price was 1.28m. and that was in November.

I cancelled the purchase when i took over to do finances after two main things. They were paying almost $6xx+psf for land area. that was ridiculous for a 99year.

Secondly, checks with Semb shipyards, NEA, and forums show tons of complaints about dust fallout from the sandblasting nearby. the only thing protecting you from the full fallout of sandblasting are the sembawang park trees.

lastly, the biggest reason why i chose to cancel was the human and water pollution. On weekends, next to little india, sembawang park is the 'to-go' place for foreign worker picnics and such. although sembawang park area has singapore's last natural beach, man is it small and grossly polluted from the nearby shipyard waste - not to mention the johor straits are already suffering from pollution from factories across the causeway.

in short, unless you want your kids or pets to grow two tails and 6 posable appendages per limb, better not get that area. it's overpriced anyways

Haha.. I wouldn't mind if my kids grow up to be X-men.. :p I can use them to rob banks.. :)

Anyway, they are aware of the problem of the shipyard but not the mini-india and sandblasting part. So thanks there! :)

Hey, the sembawang plot that you mentioned.. did you looked at it yourself? where to find the deal?

DW
08-03-09, 17:34
Haha.. I wouldn't mind if my kids grow up to be X-men.. :p I can use them to rob banks.. :)

Anyway, they are aware of the problem of the shipyard but not the mini-india and sandblasting part. So thanks there! :)

Hey, the sembawang plot that you mentioned.. did you looked at it yourself? where to find the deal?

Just for everyone's information, sandblasting has been banned in Singapore for many years. Shipyards, no longer using sandblasting technique to prime the surfaces to prepare for painting. Shipyards, these days use either copper grits or steel grits - but never sand grits. FYI.

latour
10-03-09, 10:16
Miss one Corner Terrace, Freehold, in the Changi/Mariam area. Was told its sold for 1.2mil. On second thought last nite till now, maybe its still too high to pay for now... time to Zzzz :sleep:

latour
29-03-09, 22:05
D17 Simei-D 99yrs, 1mil to 1.3mil is it worth buying ??? any expert comments here ?

gfoo
30-03-09, 11:47
nvr evr buy leasehold landed. waste time

jc
30-03-09, 23:52
nvr evr buy leasehold landed. waste time

Agree... It is a depreciating right from the beginning... Cluster homes nowadays are ripped offs too. They sell by Built-up space n not land size. Just to sidetrack: does anyone know any cluster houses that appreciate in value over time?

focus
31-03-09, 01:29
Agree... It is a depreciating right from the beginning... Cluster homes nowadays are ripped offs too. They sell by Built-up space n not land size. Just to sidetrack: does anyone know any cluster houses that appreciate in value over time?

Is Teneriffe in Bt Timah considered?

jc
31-03-09, 01:41
Is Teneriffe in Bt Timah considered?

It is LH99 landed. Goes back to Rule 1 :)

Petmail
07-07-09, 04:46
Serangoon Garden Land Size: 5500sqft. Anyone keen?? Can rebuild into 02 x Semi-Detached!!!

Drop your note into my webby @ www.projectlaunches.com so I can contact you accordingly!

Cheers!
Pet

focus
07-07-09, 11:22
Serangoon Garden Land Size: 5500sqft. Anyone keen?? Can rebuild into 02 x Semi-Detached!!!

Drop your note into my webby @ www.projectlaunches.com (http://www.projectlaunches.com) so I can contact you accordingly!

Cheers!
Pet

Your website not very user-friendly..
no pictures, no description, just condo in d15..

I think you need to improve to attract more viewings from that webpage :)...

I will stick to propertyguru and iproperty for now. :)

Petmail
07-07-09, 11:45
Your website not very user-friendly..
no pictures, no description, just condo in d15..

I think you need to improve to attract more viewings from that webpage :)...

I will stick to propertyguru and iproperty for now. :)

hi bro, am still in the midst of upgradings and inserting pics, etc. Appreciate if u guys can temporary bear with me first.

Cheers!
Pet

latour
02-04-12, 16:18
who is still living the dream of a landed in D15, D16 ???

Duku
03-04-12, 09:53
who is still living the dream of a landed in D15, D16 ???
No More dreams. Took the plunge in 2006 in D 16 and now D15 in 2010.

Lucky stop dreaming, otherwise will still be dreaming today...:ashamed1:

wannabe
03-04-12, 13:20
No More dreams. Took the plunge in 2006 in D 16 and now D15 in 2010.

Lucky stop dreaming, otherwise will still be dreaming today...:ashamed1:

wah!!! you bought 2 landed in 5 years?
Or sold the D16 to buy the D15?

Duku
04-04-12, 15:45
wah!!! you bought 2 landed in 5 years?
Or sold the D16 to buy the D15?
Buy and Sell lah.
Cannot afford 2 landed properties.