PDA

View Full Version : Double Bay Residences, Simei St4 (D18, 99LH, 646units, UOL/Kheng Leong)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

pengful
27-10-09, 22:41
Many DBR here are first timers (pte pty) that why's the newer is better .. old is cheaper leh mentality. Thanks to DBR, many Simei Greeners have enjoy 14 years of staying and now have a re-rating Upwards of 200-300 psf for their dwelling. That's appreciation or depreciation despite a shorten lease by 15 years ??

I would agree with your observation that Simei Green owners gained some price hikes with the recent Parc Lumiere, DBR and Optima bull runs. However, the market is not stupid and will correct itself eventually. People who cashed out had that luck, no questions about that.

pengful
27-10-09, 22:46
All thing being equal , who are the greater fools here (Simei green at 400-450 Psf ten years back) and DBR at 750 - 800 psf. Almost double. Yes, I hear the SG folks continue to enjoy their real swimming while DBR folks can only soak their trunks and costume.:p

Seriously... cross my heart, I was considering Simei Green and its greenery but one look at the 10-year old bathroom and room layouts turned me off immediately. The pool is so-so only. I didn't care about the depth so that's irrelevant.

pengful
27-10-09, 22:51
what's so great about a deep pool? jump and dive into it? or practice water gymnastics? im happy with the 50m lap pool. at least, you can do laps without kids playing in that pool.

Agree. Anything more is a waste. 50m length at 1.2m (I assume this guys are correct) is enough for a casually swim. If I want to wet my trunks, I can go over to One Tree or perhaps sit at the jacuzzi and watch "bigini" (Boomz) babes with no brains. :D

pengful
27-10-09, 22:54
Melville park/simei green need not command highest PSF. So long is priced against the nearby condos,and make it affordable to the next buyer coming along. And yet still generate a 100k profits.

Etc
Currently Melville 936sqft 550k,to earn 100k need sell 650k in 5-10yrs time. Still affordable to HDB upgraders.
Simei and Tampines HDB resale 5rooms/EA ranging from 500-690k

Currently DBR 700k,to earn 100k need to sell 800k in 5-10yrs time. Affordable.?

Check up on the monthly transaction for the Modena, Tropical spring,Melville park and Simei Green.
Melville park monthly transaction is around 17.

Wait! You are seriously comparing Melville Park to DBR? I think a fairer comparison would be Tropical Spring and Modena. Simei Green is at a lower league whether you choose to agree or not.

jwong71
27-10-09, 23:45
Wait! You are seriously comparing Melville Park to DBR? I think a fairer comparison would be Tropical Spring and Modena. Simei Green is at a lower league whether you choose to agree or not.

If someone are selling their units there, buyers comparing to the nearby condos for prices.

If u refering simei green of lower league, district 17/18 are alrdy on the lower league. So if there any further to compared of lower league condos.? When all are situated on the lower league district.

I using District 17/18 for comparison, not any other districts.

Im investor,with information on daily transaction figures in/out for all from realtor office.

fourth
27-10-09, 23:59

Agreed.

Melville Park is one of the cheapest psf condo round the area. Invaded by Indian too.

Simei Green was sponsored by Gov so owners kana 4D, but like it or not, it is still an EC.

jwong71
28-10-09, 00:22
Agreed.

Melville Park is one of the cheapest psf condo round the area. Invaded by Indian too.

Simei Green was sponsored by Gov so owners kana 4D, but like it or not, it is still an EC.

Yes Melville park was the cheapest. That make the price appealing to some old folks,to buy some cheap condo. Just to make use their excessive cpf mony,and take the min risks. And they dont demand much duely for the peanuts price they are paying.

If buyers are paying a premium,they will be demanding for everything.
Which deal will be easier to be done deal.??:D

tanumy
28-10-09, 00:47
DBR is great place for investment and in terms of project. Cannot compare simei green or melville park as no use.

fourth
28-10-09, 08:08
Yes Melville park was the cheapest. That make the price appealing to some old folks,to buy some cheap condo. Just to make use their excessive cpf mony,and take the min risks. And they dont demand much duely for the peanuts price they are paying.

Also agree that one can make $$ with property development regardless if new or old.

But to be fair, some trying to compare MP and SG to DBR in terms of stay attractiveness.... this comparision seems too stretched. Before comparing to brand new condo like DBR, note that they cannot even compare close to Modena or Tropical Spring.

Note that even between Modena and Tropical Spring, there is a price difference. Typically Modena lags by 20-50psf. Also, Modena also always have more sellers than Tropical Spring.

So not saying that MP and SG are no good, but comparing them with DBR is quite unthinkable. Personally think DBR way better lah. Not necessary on investment point, but surely on attractiveness and enjoyment.

alamak
28-10-09, 08:47
Also agree that one can make $$ with property development regardless if new or old.

But to be fair, some trying to compare MP and SG to DBR in terms of stay attractiveness.... this comparision seems too stretched. Before comparing to brand new condo like DBR, note that they cannot even compare close to Modena or Tropical Spring.

Note that even between Modena and Tropical Spring, there is a price difference. Typically Modena lags by 20-50psf. Also, Modena also always have more sellers than Tropical Spring.

So not saying that MP and SG are no good, but comparing them with DBR is quite unthinkable. Personally think DBR way better lah. Not necessary on investment point, but surely on attractiveness and enjoyment.

Take another 20 mths to see/feel your DBR in reality to understand the meaning of "stay of attractiveness" compared to MP or SG. Anyway, MP with the biggest plot size in Simei remain the no 1 candidate for any future enbloc ..

pengful
28-10-09, 08:59
If someone are selling their units there, buyers comparing to the nearby condos for prices.

If u refering simei green of lower league, district 17/18 are alrdy on the lower league. So if there any further to compared of lower league condos.? When all are situated on the lower league district.

I using District 17/18 for comparison, not any other districts.

Im investor,with information on daily transaction figures in/out for all from realtor office.

I thought we are talking about district 17/18 only? No need to restate district 17/18 being lower compared to the other up-market districts. Don't we already know that? By the way, isn't this discussion based on prices of Simei Green units (being an EC) compared to the other condo units in the same area?

As for Melville Park, it does not appeal to me, perhaps to you. If you feel that both Simei Green and Melville Park have room to move for profit taking, in terms of upside movement psf compared to DBR, Tropical Spring and Modena, they may be good investments to you. Who knows you may be right.

pengful
28-10-09, 09:02
DBR is great place for investment and in terms of project. Cannot compare simei green or melville park as no use.

You are stating the obvious and your contributions to this discussion is hopeless.:doh:

shespawn
28-10-09, 09:15

you sound more like an agent than an investor to me already.

alamak
28-10-09, 09:17

Simei Green is at a lower league whether you choose to agree or not.[/quote] Are you so sure ? Imagine 5 yrs after DBR Top, ask a foreigner (for rental/own stay ) who doesn't know what is an EC or no EC to choose base on "attractiveness of stay" , physical environment, healthy air , nice deep pool bewteen SG and DBR. They will tell you DBR is in the lowest league in Simei area (super cramp and hardly enough breathing space, real claustrophic ). SG /MP still among the better or the best.

The best condos designed and build for attractive staying are those built 10 years back. It emphasie physical space layout and external human ambience. Only the goondo will believe developer ploy of attractive waterfall and music room all wthin such a small area. real claustrophic.

alamak
28-10-09, 09:41
Seriously... cross my heart, I was considering Simei Green and its greenery but one look at the 10-year old bathroom and room layouts turned me off immediately. The pool is so-so only. I didn't care about the depth so that's irrelevant.

The Interior , you are in control with your $$ budget to change. Externally you cannot do anything but to accept whether you like it or not.

jwong71
28-10-09, 10:50
I thought we are talking about district 17/18 only? No need to restate district 17/18 being lower compared to the other up-market districts. Don't we already know that? By the way, isn't this discussion based on prices of Simei Green units (being an EC) compared to the other condo units in the same area?

As for Melville Park, it does not appeal to me, perhaps to you. If you feel that both Simei Green and Melville Park have room to move for profit taking, in terms of upside movement psf compared to DBR, Tropical Spring and Modena, they may be good investments to you. Who knows you may be right.

All of these above condos,i do not own any anymore. I have cash out from MP within 3mths,after completion bcoz of its affordability.
I just need to highlighting the possibilties of selling for profit,to hdb upgraders/investors. Yet still consider affordable to ALL.

Which owners want to sit on papers losses,especially if they paid overpriced and there is no takers duely for the prices they are asking in the future. Buyers can have a wider variety of chioices to choose from.

pengful
28-10-09, 10:52
The Interior , you are in control with your $$ budget to change. Externally you cannot do anything but to accept whether you like it or not.

Yep, did not like it based on 2 main considerations:
1) Property already 10 years, bound to have wear and tear esp aircon, bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Need money to replace.
2) Simei Green property prices will never grow alongside full condo properties due to EC status. Even URA classed them as "EC" not condo and nothing anyone can do about it.

jwong71
28-10-09, 10:53
Take another 20 mths to see/feel your DBR in reality to understand the meaning of "stay of attractiveness" compared to MP or SG. Anyway, MP with the biggest plot size in Simei remain the no 1 candidate for any future enbloc ..

Yup, MP is of near smiliar plot size to mandarin garden.
Enbloc,but in the long run.

jwong71
28-10-09, 11:18
you sound more like an agent than an investor to me already.

I can be
1) Agent,
2) Flipper,
or
3) Investor.

Depending on the cirumstances.
As long any of the above mentioned can make me richer.
FYI whenever i do my purchase,if i know i need to hold it for the next few years for profits. Is a NO NO go.

I prefer to buy knowing i can cash out profits within the next 6-12months time,asap.

pengful
28-10-09, 11:18
Yup, MP is of near smiliar plot size to mandarin garden.
Enbloc,but in the long run.

My guess on the next wave of property bull run:
- Pinnacle@Duxton key handover say Dec 2009/ Jan2010
- Plus 5 years before they can sell, therefore Jan 2015
- This "high-end" HDB will bring public housing prices to an all-time high pulling private properties along
=> By mid-2015 probably the wave will hit

If any potential enbloc, that will be the time so "mu tu liao". ;)

pengful
28-10-09, 11:21
- This "high-end" HDB will bring public housing prices to an all-time high pulling private properties along

On the same note, that is probably 2 years after DBR TOP. So I can stay 2 years and prepare to sell for a decent profit... psf go to 850-900?:D

jwong71
28-10-09, 11:27

Previously i holding onto the vista park,buy at 342k. Valuation 500k. Enbloc payout at 720k.

Taken into negatives consideration,i think moving ard purchases is a better bet. Than to sit and pray for the enbloc.
Within 5yrs time waiting for enbloc,probably made profits with all the moving around purchases,least there a gurantee profits. Than to hope for the sky to drop the mony at my doorstep.:D

pengful
28-10-09, 11:31
Previously i holding onto the vista park,buy at 342k. Valuation 500k. Enbloc payout at 720k.

Taken into negatives consideration,i think moving ard purchases is a better bet. Than to sit and pray for the enbloc.
Within 5yrs time waiting for enbloc,probably made profits with all the moving around purchases,least there a gurantee profits. Than to hope for the sky to drop the mony at my doorstep.:D

No I was not saying enbloc is everything. If we can time our sales around the next big wave, that will be it. However, enbloc sale for those already staying in an old development will be sweet.

jwong71
28-10-09, 11:32
I can be
1) Agent,
2) Flipper,
or
3) Investor.

Depending on the cirumstances.
As long any of the above mentioned can make me richer.
FYI whenever i do my purchase,if i know i need to hold it for the next few years for profits. Is a NO NO go.

I prefer to buy knowing i can cash out profits within the next 6-12months time,asap.

Sorry typo,im holding onto the agent license. But an agent not serving the public expect to myself.

Purely for more knowledge,mixing with the groups. As well have the 1st hand infor daily transactions. And cheap deals.
I may sound a cheapo to u,i know. Who doesnt want any cheap deal anyway:D

jitkiat
28-10-09, 11:33
All thing being equal , who are the greater fools here (Simei green at 400-450 Psf ten years back) and DBR at 750 - 800 psf. Almost double. Yes, I hear the SG folks continue to enjoy their real swimming while DBR folks can only soak their trunks and costume.:p

What kind of investment analysis is that? Do you know what is inflation & timing? Why don't u say if Simei Green bought 20 years ago it would be only 200psf, and government subsidy 20psf.

pengful
28-10-09, 11:41
What kind of investment analysis is that? Do you know what is inflation & timing? Why don't u say if Simei Green bought 20 years ago it would be only 200psf.

jitkiat, don't bother. I think this so-called analysis is based on dislike for DBR and buyers of DBR. Period.

jitkiat
28-10-09, 11:48
jitkiat, don't bother. I think this so-called analysis is based on dislike for DBR and buyers of DBR. Period.
Guess I am wasting my bullet :D In the property market upturn, suddenly all become investment expert already .... actually the best affordable investment is HDB flat for the last 10 years. In year 2000, Modena/TS 2bedroom sold for 650-700psf .. it dropped to 550psf in 2003/2004, now gone back up to 650psf. At the same period, an old 5-room Simei HDB has gone from 320k to 420k.

It is the timing & selection of asset class that matters. Gold has gone from 300USD to 1000USD in the last 10 years BTW .. talking about investment :doh:

acewee
28-10-09, 15:54
Just wondering, does URA's classification really matter?

Yep, did not like it based on 2 main considerations:
1) Property already 10 years, bound to have wear and tear esp aircon, bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Need money to replace.
2) Simei Green property prices will never grow alongside full condo properties due to EC status. Even URA classed them as "EC" not condo and nothing anyone can do about it.

pengful
28-10-09, 17:56
Just wondering, does URA's classification really matter?

If you would pay full condo prices for an EC, same floor area at the same locations, nothing matters.

You see, the market knows and this knowledge is created by the government.

acewee
28-10-09, 18:07
Would it perhaps mean that Casa Merah is worth less than DBR since it is classified as apartment and not condo?

If you would pay full condo prices for an EC, same floor area at the same locations, nothing matters.

shespawn
28-10-09, 19:38
Would it perhaps mean that Casa Merah is worth less than DBR since it is classified as apartment and not condo?

Are you trying to lead to something or you really don't know?

You should just compare the surrounding developments around CM e.g. East Meaows, Tanamera. If you want to know more about EC, you can go check out at HDB website.

pengful
28-10-09, 20:33

You should ask URA how they classify properties in their website. Agree with shespawn, go to HDB Infoweb to find out about the list of ECs: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WPDis/Buying%20An%20Executive%20CondominiumRelated%20Info%20-%20List%20of%20EC%20Projects%20Launched?OpenDocument&SubMenu=Related_Info

Don't think their classification will ever change even after 10 years.

acewee
28-10-09, 22:08
I have 2 questions and since you appear to know much, please enlighten me (no sarcasm here):

A] Do you know for sure that EC will not become full-fledged condo after some pre-conditions (eg. x number of years from TOP) are met? Something similar to HUDC privatising.

B] If it does become full-fledged condo, do you think the original categorisation will remain a stigma and thereby affecting market prices? (thats why I mention Casa since it is cat as pte apt even though it looks and sells like a condo)

I cannot seem to find the answers in the HDB links you and pengful provided so please share. And no, this is not leading to something, just sharing of info.

In any case, since the initial price of EC will always be lower than private condo when launched (especially including grants), the appreciation in value could still be equal, even if the market price may not be the same since some ECs have better facilities than condos.

Are you trying to lead to something or you really don't know?

You should just compare the surrounding developments around CM e.g. East Meaows, Tanamera. If you want to know more about EC, you can go check out at HDB website.

fourth
28-10-09, 22:19
Are you so sure ? Imagine 5 yrs after DBR Top, ask a foreigner (for rental/own stay ) who doesn't know what is an EC or no EC to choose base on "attractiveness of stay" , physical environment, healthy air , nice deep pool bewteen SG and DBR.

Still got cure. At least you know you have to "bluff" a foreigner to sell EC at higher price than normal condo. :p

pengful
28-10-09, 23:02
I have 2 questions and since you appear to know much, please enlighten me (no sarcasm here):

A] Do you know for sure that EC will not become full-fledged condo after some pre-conditions (eg. x number of years from TOP) are met? Something similar to HUDC privatising.

B] If it does become full-fledged condo, do you think the original categorisation will remain a stigma and thereby affecting market prices? (thats why I mention Casa since it is cat as pte apt even though it looks and sells like a condo)

I cannot seem to find the answers in the HDB links you and pengful provided so please share. And no, this is not leading to something, just sharing of info.

In any case, since the initial price of EC will always be lower than private condo when launched (especially including grants), the appreciation in value could still be equal, even if the market price may not be the same since some ECs have better facilities than condos.

I think I know where you are coming and happy to share what I know and don't know....;)

As a kiasu Singaporean, I ever wanted to buy an EC at their attractive lower prices then sell at condo prices. I thought that after 10 years, all restrictions will be lifted and their status automatically converted to full condo. However, after checking around, I am convinced that that will never happen. If anyone has seen such case, please tell me.

Take Simei Green and Tropical Spring as an example. Both were developed by NTUC Choice Homes and built around the same area. SG is now 10 years old and should be considered full condo by now but look at their prices compared to TS. Some said that they have deeper pool to swim in. I think that is a worthwhile compensation for the expected lower prices they will fetch in the resale market. :tongue3:

Casa Merah looks like a condo development to me so I am surprised URA listed them as apartment. Anyway, the market knows their base/ reserved prices so there is no way we can cheat them. Of coures some ECs have better facilities than condos but these condos are usually the older ones.

pengful
28-10-09, 23:05
Still got cure. At least you know you have to "bluff" a foreigner to sell EC at higher price than normal condo. :p

Now foreigners are very smart, esp Indians, so don't pray pray hor...:rolleyes:

noblebaby
28-10-09, 23:06
to qualify as condo. area size > 40,000 sqft

I think I know where you are coming and happy to share what I know and don't know....;)

As a kiasu Singaporean, I ever wanted to buy an EC at their attractive lower prices then sell at condo prices. I thought that after 10 years, all restrictions will be lifted and their status automatically converted to full condo. However, after checking around, I am convinced that that will never happen. If anyone has seen such case, please tell me.

Take Simei Green and Tropical Spring as an example. Both were developed by NTUC Choice Homes and built around the same area. SG is now 10 years old and should be considered full condo by now but look at their prices compared to TS. Some said that they have deeper pool to swim in. I think that is a worthwhile compensation for the expected lower prices they will fetch in the resale market. :tongue3:

Casa Merah looks like a condo development to me so I am surprised URA listed them as apartment. Anyway, the market knows their base/ reserved prices so there is no way we can cheat them. Of coures some ECs have better facilities than condos but these condos are usually the older ones.

Cactus72
28-10-09, 23:23

I am surprised to hear Casa Merah is apartment status too..didn't realise it until I read this thread. :doh: It really looks like condo status to me.

acewee
28-10-09, 23:34
Thanks for your feedback. Just like you, I also thought that restrictions will be lifted. The thing is, it must have been promoted this way when EC was first launched or we won't all have the same thought. Problem is, I can find it written anywhere.

As for buying EC price but selling condo price, I don't think there is such a thing. Even 2 condos that are next to each other, if one was launched at lower price, i doubt both will become the same after say 5 years. The % appreciation will be quite stable, no? There are also other factors that may affect the value.

I'm really keen if anyone know where to find the black & white on the EC conversion thing.

acewee
28-10-09, 23:36
You mean 'neow'

Now foreigners are very smart, esp Indians, so don't pray pray hor...:rolleyes:

jwong71
28-10-09, 23:40
Thanks for your feedback. Just like you, I also thought that restrictions will be lifted. The thing is, it must have been promoted this way when EC was first launched or we won't all have the same thought. Problem is, I can find it written anywhere.

As for buying EC price but selling condo price, I don't think there is such a thing. Even 2 condos that are next to each other, if one was launched at lower price, i doubt both will become the same after say 5 years. The % appreciation will be quite stable, no? There are also other factors that may affect the value.

I'm really keen if anyone know where to find the black & white on the EC conversion thing.

If im not wrong, after 10yrs. EC turned fully private.
I alway check with the management and the agents,before i narrow down my search.

acewee
28-10-09, 23:43
Do you know where we can find it officially written? So far everyone heard but no one can confirm.

I alway check with the management and the agents,before i narrow down my search.

jwong71
28-10-09, 23:44
You mean 'neow'

Ya fxxking NEOW!! Like to offer low prices, they still think is in March 09. Bottom.

That why MP 70-80% owners were chinese. They dare to buy,if prices is alrite.

MP 70% were Indians tenants. They like to offer lousy prices,and forever cant get. SO forever low prices,Forever tenants.

:doh:

Reporter
28-10-09, 23:47
Yes.
EC will be a fully-private condo, i.e. all restrictions are gone, after 10 years. This is the "software" aspect.

On the "hardware" aspect, EC is the same as any full condo.

acewee
28-10-09, 23:51
Do you know where we can find it officially written? So far everyone heard but no one can confirm. Would be good if you can give us the link so that we can confirm.

Yes.
EC will be a fully-private condo, i.e. all restrictions are gone, after 10 years. This is the "software" aspect.

jwong71
28-10-09, 23:53
Do you know where we can find it officially written? So far everyone heard but no one can confirm. Would be good if you can give us the link so that we can confirm.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WPDis/Buying%20An%20Executive%20CondominiumProcedures%20-%20Buying%20an%20EC%20in%20the%20open%20market?OpenDocument&SubMenu=Procedures

I doubt it clearly stated. Need to call HDB and personally check for any link.
But seriously i dont think they will update constantly.

I alway deal with LTA, and their regulations were not regularly update.

acewee
28-10-09, 23:59
Thanks for the link. So it is assumed that the moment it becomes resalable in the open market (ie. 5 years to local, 10 years to foreigner), it is deemed as private condo status? Then perhaps there is good value after all since the launch price would be much lower than private condo but the facilities is just as good. So there could be a greater upside potential than condos in similar area.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WPDis/Buying%20An%20Executive%20CondominiumProcedures%20-%20Buying%20an%20EC%20in%20the%20open%20market?OpenDocument&SubMenu=Procedures

jwong71
29-10-09, 00:12
Thanks for the link. So it is assumed that the moment it becomes resalable in the open market (ie. 5 years to local, 10 years to foreigner), it is deemed as private condo status? Then perhaps there is good value after all since the launch price would be much lower than private condo but the facilities is just as good. So there could be a greater upside potential than condos in similar area.

Before i buy MP, i had looked into SG. After knowing the status and the upside to compete against some ard. And this year is it 11th year.
And the best part, SG always sold higher than MP pte condo.

969sqft 2beder+1 study, it could consider as a 3bedder. Study room could fit a single bed easily.

But I cant beat the other buyers to it,strong demand for this size 969sqft. And there alway shortage of supply for this size. I do not like paying more maintainance for bigger units,as all purely for investment. Max my profits! Reduce my costs.

tanumy
29-10-09, 00:33
DBR shall and will always fetch higher price than MP, SG.
Prices went up alot in last 3 mts already. When TOP am sure can sell ard 900PSF. Agents not much for this project as commission is low. Location and facilites is superb. Great investment n rental yield.:)

alamak
29-10-09, 08:08

It was clearly stated that EC restriction will be lifted after 5/10 years. They are as good as HUDC aka private never under HDB because they have this thing called strata and a Management Council. Simei Green is not part of any Town Council Management. They contribute their own maintenance and sinking fund, elect their own commitee. Does this sound like "HDB management" to you. Not need to check for black and white lah. That's why a lot of goondo here still in state of self-denial here. Buy SG for better living conditions. SG is never a lower league than your Bay residence (if any bay around).

alamak
29-10-09, 08:19

Who need to bluff ? after 5/10 years EC is as good as your next door condo. Forigner need not bother by this. They will compare SG against DBR agianst thjeir living condition and criteria. Now who have inadvertently bluff himself/herself. :doh:

Reporter
29-10-09, 08:37
It was clearly stated that EC restriction will be lifted after 5/10 years. They are as good as HUDC aka private never under HDB because they have this thing called strata and a Management Council. Simei Green is not part of any Town Council Management. They contribute their own maintenance and sinking fund, elect their own commitee. Does this sound like "HDB management" to you. Not need to check for black and white lah. That's why a lot of goondo here still in state of self-denial here. Buy SG for better living conditions. SG is never a lower league than your Bay residence (if any bay around).
HUDC needs to pay a fee to convert to a private status?
"Hardware"-wise, most HUDC is not a full condo or as good as a full condo.

EC is different. "Hardware"-wise, it is a full condo from day one.
However, "software"-wise, restrictions have been added for first 5 and first 10 years. After 10 years, it is a full condo in every single aspect.

Yes.

matadorepy
29-10-09, 08:39
Who need to bluff ? after 5/10 years EC is as good as your next door condo. Forigner need not bother by this. They will compare SG against DBR agianst thjeir living condition and criteria. Now who have inadvertently bluff himself/herself. :doh:
Only thing to say is that many here are first-time buyers ..get very excited (especially by developers mkt ploy).. got all kind of information or rather misinformation (eg EC) ..still think that by buying higher psf, next buyer have the obligation to pay even higher psf, look down on neighbour house when yours may worse comparatively .. think that tommorrow will always be better ..Singapore population have exploded by almost 2 million last ten years.. private housing units have increased tremendously last 5 years ..It demand vs supply ..Foreigners and PR are in constant flux .. come and go.. There is no shortage of public housing ... :(

Leewk
29-10-09, 09:01
Do you know where we can find it officially written? So far everyone heard but no one can confirm.

Eastvale EC is changing name to Eastvale Condo (or already changed).
Simei Green EC is now a full fledge Condo according to MA.

jwong71
29-10-09, 10:12
Only thing to say is that many here are first-time buyers ..get very excited (especially by developers mkt ploy).. got all kind of information or rather misinformation (eg EC) ..still think that by buying higher psf, next buyer have the obligation to pay even higher psf, look down on neighbour house when yours may worse comparatively .. think that tommorrow will always be better ..Singapore population have exploded by almost 2 million last ten years.. private housing units have increased tremendously last 5 years ..It demand vs supply ..Foreigners and PR are in constant flux .. come and go.. There is no shortage of public housing ... :(

That wad i though,who going to buy at higher psf from us?? If the location dont justify for the higher price that buyers going to pay.

Ur neighbour might be selling for more profits,even if is more rundown. Vista park top 1985,still generate so much profits for me.haha:D

Let see who can offload their babies easier and more profits.
Dont have to look up or down at any projects,coz the ultimate happiness comes from the bank cashier order when we sell with profits.
:D

Agreed anyone?

shespawn
29-10-09, 10:35

Aiyoh, please go check out the transacted prices for Simei Green. compare it with Modena and Tropical Spring. It's always lower, because it's old lah. Please don't go and get a pool facing SG unit to compare with Modena mrt facing hoh.
Bedok Reservoir road has clearwater, Aquarius and Baywater, but look at Aquarius transacted price.. the older the cheaper price it commands. Aquarius is big, but it's design is not modern and rather old. Who would want to pay so much to maintain older properties?
Everyone has their different opinions to what matter to them most. For you, you want SPACE. For me, I like new and up-to-date design. I wouldn't want my friends to come to a rundown condo with jacuzzi pools not operating well. in this case, i'm not referring to SG, im referring to a condo in thomson which i went.
Also, please use rational arguments then to nitpick the name lah. Of cos no bay around. Does that mean that Castle Green should be green in colour and looks like a castle?

matadorepy
29-10-09, 10:45
That wad i though,who going to buy at higher psf from us?? If the location dont justify for the higher price that buyers going to pay.

Ur neighbour might be selling for more profits,even if is more rundown. Vista park top 1985,still generate so much profits for me.haha:D

Let see who can offload their babies easier and more profits.
Dont have to look up or down at any projects,coz the ultimate happiness comes from the bank cashier order when we sell with profits.
:D

Agreed anyone?

You r the only here who can make sense (actually $cents) here b'cos of your own special status as agent/investor/ppty trader . Problem with most first time owner is that new is always beri good at higher psf , therefore own the right to demand higher psf from next buyer. In actual fact, the product is somewhat inferior (crampy, balcony, planter full of b***shit from developer who r out to maximise plot size to squeeze last $$ from buyers).
Everyone forget that there will be so much supply of pte pty in 2/3 years time than 2000. It's pure demand vs supply game. Our S'pore pop with PR/FT may swell up to 6.5 million in 5 years time. Why think IR opening will boost psf everywhere in S'pore. It's already skyhigh already

The_Way_I_See_It
29-10-09, 11:37
If I will to buy another property (actually bgt one 5 yrs back still holding/renting) , it will only be in another 5 years time say 2015. Why ?, I hoping for a ppty cycle to replay itself. 5 years ago after SAR, I bgt at good discounted value. That property have since gone up 80% of value.

In 5 years time the mkt will be flooded with good old and new ppty (FH and 99LH). It does'nt matter, what matter is what value you get out of the product at good discount. You get good discount only at crisis time. Old property(LH or FH) is not necessary inferior to brand new one if it is in good location, good plot size vs no of units (important). Many people forget that an older estate would have chalked up a sizeable sinking funds for upgrade, alteration and addition. It's all up to the MC of the condo to make the living environment more conducive. So I will looking closely at the features of product I am buying. After all I am only buying for value...:D

alamak
29-10-09, 11:51
DBR shall and will always fetch higher price than MP, SG.
Prices went up alot in last 3 mts already. When TOP am sure can sell ard 900PSF. Agents not much for this project as commission is low. Location and facilites is superb. Great investment n rental yield.:)

Aye Aye Yes Agent Tanumby. The market is at your command.. sir/madam:D

pengful
30-10-09, 05:32
Strange that all the haters have suddenly converged to this thread like bees attracted to honey. I thought this thread is about sharing knowledge and update on the progress of the construction? There is always a market for each type of property and there will always be people willing and able to afford to pay for it. Just like The Optima, are buyers crazy and stupid considering better choice units are available in Casa Merah, East Meadows and The Tanamerah?

This argument will never end so why is it so important that you are trying so hard to prove that you are right and the others wrong? I tell you who is right..... It is the guy who makes the money at the end of the day. No prizes for guessing who is wrong. It is still early. DBR is still under construction. No one is stopping you from buying SG and MP. For the rest of people who bought DBR, they have their personal reasons and were able to afford that lifestyle.

Back to the thread. Any new update to the construction?

shespawn
30-10-09, 10:28
for updates, must check with jitkiat cos he stays in Simei. Jitkiat, any news?

acewee
30-10-09, 10:34
True. DBR not bad mah. Just ask Tanumy.

Strange that all the haters have suddenly converged to this thread like bees attracted to honey. I thought this thread is about sharing knowledge and update on the progress of the construction? There is always a market for each type of property and there will always be people willing and able to afford to pay for it. Just like The Optima, are buyers crazy and stupid considering better choice units are available in Casa Merah, East Meadows and The Tanamerah?

This argument will never end so why is it so important that you are trying so hard to prove that you are right and the others wrong? I tell you who is right..... It is the guy who makes the money at the end of the day. No prizes for guessing who is wrong. It is still early. DBR is still under construction. No one is stopping you from buying SG and MP. For the rest of people who bought DBR, they have their personal reasons and were able to afford that lifestyle.

venus
30-10-09, 14:19

You are DBR buyer? Do u realise that u are contradicting yourself? or u hv double stds? You dun feel gd when your DBR kena attack rite? But here you are calling optima buyers crazy and stupid. Just bcos u THINK there are better choice units at bla bla bla...

Quote your words "ppl who bought DBR hv their personal reasons and can afford that lifestyle" So do optima buyers.

shespawn
30-10-09, 17:11
You are DBR buyer? Do u realise that u are contradicting yourself? or u hv double stds? You dun feel gd when your DBR kena attack rite? But here you are calling optima buyers crazy and stupid. Just bcos u THINK there are better choice units at bla bla bla...

Quote your words "ppl who bought DBR hv their personal reasons and can afford that lifestyle" So do optima buyers.

he's just making a comment about other forumers also commented abt the optima craziness, but at the end of the day, it still boils down to individual's choice and budget. It's not abt feeling good, it's a waste of time having to explain or even to reason because everyone has different opinions.

pengful
30-10-09, 21:25
he's just making a comment about other forumers also commented abt the optima craziness, but at the end of the day, it still boils down to individual's choice and budget. It's not abt feeling good, it's a waste of time having to explain or even to reason because everyone has different opinions.

That's what I meant. :)

pengful
30-10-09, 21:26

Mind showing me which part of my statement was contradictory? You read English right?

venus
30-10-09, 22:17
Mind showing me which part of my statement was contradictory? You read English right?

hmm...actually i can't read and write english duh...

pengful
30-10-09, 22:40
hmm...actually i can't read and write english duh...

That's too bad.

fsma
31-10-09, 22:30
Hi all, we visited the showroom today. 39 units are yet unsold - mainly low floors in the blocks facing the Sunbird and block 34. I found it a bit puzzling why block 34 is not that popular, including high floor units. The dorm work is completed and the foundation work has started.

jitkiat
31-10-09, 23:11
Hi all, we visited the showroom today. 39 units are yet unsold - mainly low floors in the blocks facing the Sunbird and block 34. I found it a bit puzzling why block 34 is not that popular, including high floor units. The dorm work is completed and the foundation work has started.

94% sold that means. Block 34 is directly facing west :tsk-tsk:

tanumy
01-11-09, 01:02
shall be sold by nov end. :)

pengful
01-11-09, 06:57
shall be sold by nov end. :)

and now you are a fortune teller?

pengful
01-11-09, 07:01
94% sold that means. Block 34 is directly facing west :tsk-tsk:

Actually living room facing west should not be a problem. Problem is when bedrooms are facing west. Warm at night.

Condorich
01-11-09, 14:42
Why sacrifice when you can avoid it altogether.

Prospective buyers should visit the nearby HDB blocks and see if the noise is acceptable.

fourth
01-11-09, 22:14

Good for you. Since so you can sell yr SG at >700 psf. I will be happy for you.

matadorepy
02-11-09, 11:19
DBR high pricing set the baseline for SG condo owners. :)

jwong71
02-11-09, 11:43

IF DBR going to ask for 800-950psf in time to come, SG will be close ard 700psf or more.
DBR will be a support level to the others.:D

Thkq DBR

*Buying back a Melville Park at low psf and wait for the DBR to be topped,and for
the DBR psf to surged.
Might help MP to surge from current 530psf-600 or 650psf too. As long the psf is justify to be lower than DBR.
Lower risks,smiliar returns.
Plus easy to rent,even rent at hdb rental rates during greatest depression. Just to cover the mortgages while await for gains.

alamak
02-11-09, 11:52
I don't owe SG or any Condo units in Simei. If die die must buy one unit, i will seriously consider SG for much better living condition. it will be priced juz below DBR.

matadorepy
02-11-09, 12:06
IF DBR going to ask for 800-950psf in time to come, SG will be close ard 700psf or more.
DBR will be a support level to the others.:D

Thkq DBR

*Buying back a Melville Park at low psf and wait for the DBR to be topped,and for
the DBR psf to surged.
Might help MP to surge from current 530psf-600 or 650psf too. As long the psf is justify to be lower than DBR.
Lower risks,smiliar returns.
Plus easy to rent,even rent at hdb rental rates during greatest depression. Just to cover the mortgages while await for gains.

A fren of mine bgt a groundfloor unit (size may be 1044 sft I think) for just under $400 K, yes a condo in 2003/2004. My god, the miantenance there ($160) is cheaper than HDB considering that you may have 2/3 parking lots underground per household and the facilities there is far more than any in the east (more tennis court , some even convert to 6-aside soccer, squash court, basket ball court ..the pool is deep and refreshing and the club house is big by itself). The compounds for the 10/12 10 flr tower units is so huge, can cycle from pt a to pt b. No wonder, all the indians and expat loved that place. Buy property must really think value not in $ sense (at right moment) but also in real physical value sense.

fourth
02-11-09, 12:34
I don't owe SG or any Condo units in Simei. If die die must buy one unit, i will seriously consider SG for much better living condition. it will be priced juz below DBR.

For judging better living conditions... check the average rental lease with neighbouring condos and you will have an idea. The amount that tenants are willing to pay for rental is a reasonable good judge of that.

SG consistently rents at lower price than Modena/TS. Check the records. I will expect rental/sf as follows: DBR>TS>Modena>SG

I still remembering chatting with some agents... saying that SG owners asking rental is so low yet they try to sell at high price. But again... asking is one thing, transacting is another.

I am not saying that SG is not good. Just find that people saying that SG is better than DBR sounds too unreal.

shespawn
02-11-09, 12:51
For judging better living conditions... check the average rental lease with neighbouring condos and you will have an idea. The amount that tenants are willing to pay for rental is a reasonable good judge of that.

SG consistently rents at lower price than Modena/TS. Check the records. I will expect rental/sf as follows: DBR>TS>Modena>SG

I still remembering chatting with some agents... saying that SG owners asking rental is so low yet they try to sell at high price. But again... asking is one thing, transacting is another.

I am not saying that SG is not good. Just find that people saying that SG is better than DBR sounds too unreal.

That's what i thought so too. I also stated the transacted sales price for SG is lower than modena and TS. modena and ts is in one league, while MP and SG is in another.
Only the figures will speak for itself than to engage in senseless discussion.

matadorepy
02-11-09, 15:18
That's what i thought so too. I also stated the transacted sales price for SG is lower than modena and TS. modena and ts is in one league, while MP and SG is in another.
Only the figures will speak for itself than to engage in senseless discussion.
Yoh Yoh You talk like EPL league Premier League, Championship League and Coca Coca League ....DBR is still ground zero and you put it infront of TS and Modena. If you are talking abt potential rental absolutes (not rental yields) then TS and Modena right infront of Simei Stn have better chances compared to SG and MP far away. DBR is juz infront of SG, not so visible and I see no reason why It should be higher than TS and Modena. Your reason is b'cos its psf much higher and newer than TS and Modena , hence deserve a higher rental (premier league). Have you heard of rental yields (rate of returns) - given DBR is the highest psf. Now interest rate is low. wait till Interest rate goes up All your neighbour paid a lower psf hence overall gain a higher rental yield than DBR ho ho ..:The no of unit for rental has gone up tremendously around Simei stn . What make you think rental rate for DBR must be higher than the rest when more SS vs DD mean rental must goes down. Talk abt logic rather than my DBR deserve premier league status lah !!

The_Way_I_See_It
02-11-09, 15:38
In fact, HDB flats have the highest rental yields compared to most condo because of HDB/bank rate, loan quantum, psf etc. When interest rate goes up (there is no reason that it is cheap forever) and rental absolutes become competitive and goes down because of more SS than DD , those people who financed a higher psf will realise that in no time it does'nt covered their monthly mortgage payments. Then either they pay for it or sell their rental property.

shespawn
02-11-09, 15:49
Yoh Yoh You talk like EPL league Premier League, Championship League and Coca Coca League ....DBR is still ground zero and you put it infront of TS and Modena. If you are talking abt potential rental absolutes (not rental yields) then TS and Modena right infront of Simei Stn have better chances compared to SG and MP far away. DBR is juz infront of SG, not so visible and I see no reason why It should be higher than TS and Modena. Your reason is b'cos its psf much higher and newer than TS and Modena , hence deserve a higher rental (premier league). Have you heard of rental yields (rate of returns) - given DBR is the highest psf. Now interest rate is low. wait till Interest rate goes up All your neighbour paid a lower psf hence overall gain a higher rental yield than DBR ho ho ..:The no of unit for rental has gone up tremendously around Simei stn . What make you think rental rate for DBR must be higher than the rest when more SS vs DD mean rental must goes down. Talk abt logic rather than my DBR deserve premier league status lah !!

oi, can u go and read all the post i posted abt DBR before you come and accuse me of saying DBR is the best for rental! I did not make the statement. If you want me to make it clearer, TS and Modena is in a higher league than SG. SG is a lower tier compared to TS and Modena.

alamak
02-11-09, 15:55
In fact, HDB flats have the highest rental yields compared to most condo because of HDB/bank rate, loan quantum, psf etc. When interest rate goes up (there is no reason that it is cheap forever) and rental absolutes become competitive and goes down because of more SS than DD , those people who financed a higher psf will realise that in no time it does'nt covered their monthly mortgage payments. Then either they pay for it or sell their rental property.
I think those jokers who invest for the sake of rental returns should go back to school to understand the abc of using rental to cover their mortgage. What involve in the computation, how much they are getting to breakeven, what is the yields etc

What they failed to realise is that the no of rental units have gone up (SS vs DD) and not forgetting that HDB around MRT stn should also be added to their competitor list. No every ang mo or FT workers need condo facilities (esp worse still those condo that comes in 500/600 units). They rather pay cheap for bedding and sleeping and enjoy outside club facilities.

Lastly they should ignore those agent like here who can only say good things abt potential rentals yields when their interest is your commission paid to them.

matadorepy
02-11-09, 16:21
oi, can u go and read all the post i posted abt DBR before you come and accuse me of saying DBR is the best for rental! I did not make the statement. If you want me to make it clearer, TS and Modena is in a higher league than SG. SG is a lower tier compared to TS and Modena.
Ha ha check your posting 4 row upwards. You agreed wholeheartedly with Fourth on what he say about potential rental DBR>TS>Modena. Don't count your chicken before they are hatched. There is so much choice after DBR TOP. DBR won't be better than Modena or TS in rental because of the living condition (far too many units). SG next door still make a better place for expat than DBR.

jitkiat
02-11-09, 16:28
Don't bother with a matadorepy (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=33296) whose avatar http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/avatars/Life-is-pain.gif is causing pain to others :hell-hath-no-fury:

Let the market decide.

shespawn
02-11-09, 16:29
Ha ha check your posting 4 row upwards. You agreed wholeheartedly with Fourth on what he say about potential rental DBR>TS>Modena. Don't count your chicken before they are hatched. There is so much choice after DBR TOP. DBR won't be better than Modena or TS in rental because of the living condition (far too many units). SG next door still make a better place for expat than DBR.

this was what I agreed "SG consistently rents at lower price than Modena/TS."

I also mention Modena/TS in different league, never mention abt DBR in that comment.

Wynners
02-11-09, 16:35
What type of expats will be attracted to stay in Simei? Very high class one or normal class ones? I personally tink is the latter. The very high class ones will most probably choose to stay D9,10,11 perhaps. Do the normall class expats die die must have condo facilities or they prefer low rental HDBs with no facilities? Hard to say... But it might be true the HDBs in Simei could stand to have better rental yield than high psf DBR. Look at Meville Park which are infested with Indian expats now, these normal category expats want cheap and good, hence Meville Park become their top choice place to stay. To sum up, high psf DBR sure lose out SG, TS & Modena in rental yield. Dun forget the 2011 TOP-ed DBSS Parc Lumiere whose 4rm units cost bet $372k to $425k with condo like interior design. IMO, these brand new DBSS units have good rental potential as well.

shespawn
02-11-09, 16:37
i see that there are a few frequent slammers here, maybe some might even be the same person using different nicks to state their point here. As what pengful say, this thread is about sharing knowledge and update on the progress of the construction. you can continue to perform your circus here, while i shall just concentrate on my home update. no point repeating myself so many times to vacumn headed people that everyone buy their place for certain reasons or different investment views.

jitkiat, seems like the construction are getting full speed with the dorm ready. Was there yesterday and noticed they were still working. Today there's few visible updates already. :) Will try to take pic next week and post.

matadorepy
02-11-09, 16:37
Don't bother with a matadorepy (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=33296) whose avatar is causing pain to others :hell-hath-no-fury:

Let the market decide.

Ha ha ... Me don't caused pain to others .. Life is a pains when you think it is so simple .. But then sometime you need others to see this for yourself ...
Have a good day :)

Wynners
02-11-09, 16:49
DBR is a nice project. It has the best facilities among Simei condos IMO. However, as its launch price is much higher than the rest of the older Simei condo, unavoidably, it will face strong challenge in rental price from the older condos or even nearby HDBs or DBSS Parc Lumiere if facilities is not an issue for house renting expats. But, for home stay wise, DBR is a very good choice. It should be quite a luxury staying in DBR with the extensive facilities it has. $650-$680psf is a reasonable launch price for DBR in the market now. Its quite a good deal. Simei overall is a nice quiet small town which is convenient with amenities at East Point, CGH, Expo and good connectivity via major expressways like PIE, TPE and ECP. In general, a nice place to live in.

fourth
02-11-09, 16:55

Rental TS>Modena>SG

This is correct based on history on absolute rental given similar size and similar facing. I was not touching on investment yield. If you wish I can.

Reporter
02-11-09, 16:58
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name ............ Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Double Bay Residences . OCR ........ 576 ......................... 15 .............................. 741 ................ 708 ................ 662
... gotta wait 2 more weeks to get an update ...

Wynners
02-11-09, 17:02
No doubt, DBR should be the one to break future psf records in Simei town. Highest psf of $741 currently... hope it can chiong higher lah... then everyone staying in Simei, condo or HDB all happy...

Reporter
02-11-09, 17:08
No doubt, DBR should be the one to break future psf records in Simei town. Highest psf of $741 currently... hope it can chiong higher lah... then everyone staying in Simei, condo or HDB all happy...
Is $741 psf the highest?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2009

Project Name ............ Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Double Bay Residences . OCR ........ 264 ......................... 264 ............................ 898 ................ 659 ................ 409

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Double Bay Residences . OCR ........ 561 ......................... 32 .............................. 743 ................ 704 ................ 656

fourth
02-11-09, 17:10

The studios straight from developer already were above 800

Wynners
02-11-09, 17:35
wah... DBR 2-bedders hit $898psf ah... thanks for pointing this out. Good! Hope 2-bedders can hit $1000psf when DBR TOP-ed!

Wynners
02-11-09, 17:36
How come got a DBR unit sold at $409psf? So low?

jitkiat
02-11-09, 17:44
Ha ha ... Me don't caused pain to others .. Life is a pains when you think it is so simple .. But then sometime you need others to see this for yourself ...
Have a good day :)
Sounds like Buddhism Four Noble Truth ... first noble truth is the right understanding that the forever-reincarnated life you live now is pain/suffering :D

Enjoy another day in samsara

alamak
02-11-09, 18:39
Juz like the TV advertisement ... Folks here only want to hear the good things ..screen out the no no ...:beats-me-man:

pengful
02-11-09, 19:33
Juz like the TV advertisement ... Folks here only want to hear the good things ..screen out the no no ...:beats-me-man:

I do not agree. Most good folks have provided data extracted from official statistics except you, whom all this time had only passed speculation based on your thinking and personal beliefs.

You ARE the one screening out the facts you do not wish to hear.

pengful
02-11-09, 19:43
How come got a DBR unit sold at $409psf? So low?

These were 3 ground floor 2 BR + Study units with PES sold in Mar/ Apr early this year and all are 1,765 sqft. The other 2 were sold at 428 and 450 psf. Altogether only 5 units. I think they have the greatest potential to hit $1 mil.

pengful
02-11-09, 20:41

Correct. Simple maths actually. Stay at condo rent out HDB NOT stay at HDB rent out condo.:D

pengful
02-11-09, 20:50
i see that there are a few frequent slammers here, maybe some might even be the same person using different nicks to state their point here. As what pengful say, this thread is about sharing knowledge and update on the progress of the construction. you can continue to perform your circus here, while i shall just concentrate on my home update. no point repeating myself so many times to vacumn headed people that everyone buy their place for certain reasons or different investment views.

jitkiat, seems like the construction are getting full speed with the dorm ready. Was there yesterday and noticed they were still working. Today there's few visible updates already. :) Will try to take pic next week and post.

+1 :cool1:

jitkiat
02-11-09, 21:08

Yeah ... they are working even on Sunday. Important to take the photo of the notice board ... saying May 2012 estimated completion. Getting more excited day by day :D

pengful
02-11-09, 21:14
Sounds like Buddhism Four Noble Truth ... first noble truth is the right understanding that the forever-reincarnated life you live now is pain/suffering :D

Enjoy another day in samsara

Wah deep :confused:

pengful
02-11-09, 21:16
Yeah ... they are working even on Sunday. Important to take the photo of the notice board ... saying May 2012 estimated completion. Getting more excited day by day :D

I was looking over from Harvey (the playground) side and did not see much improvements. Just bare empty land with a few Bangla acting busy. :doh: :doh:

jitkiat
02-11-09, 21:35
May be you can imagine first :D
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1001&d=1252340741

pengful
02-11-09, 21:48

Like that also can ah?

tanumy
02-11-09, 22:10
great to know completion ard May 2012. By that time just nice singaproe 4th university and Changi business park fully developed so easily can fetch very high rental yield and many people shall buy DBR. Great for investment and subsale.....:)

proud owner
03-11-09, 00:49
Correct. Simple maths actually. Stay at condo rent out HDB NOT stay at HDB rent out condo.:D

if you own a condo and a HDB .. will HDB allow you to stay in condo and rent out HDB ??

DC33_2008
03-11-09, 07:58
wah... DBR 2-bedders hit $898psf ah... thanks for pointing this out. Good! Hope 2-bedders can hit $1000psf when DBR TOP-ed!

Last six caveats for DBR:
Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
19C Simei Street 4 #xx-29
99 Yrs From 07/04/2008
$700
$956k
06 Oct 09
17 Simei Street 4 #xx-01
99 Yrs From 07/04/2008
$689
$875k
16 Sep 09
21B Simei Street 4 #xx-46
99 Yrs From 07/04/2008
$685
$1062k
16 Sep 09
21 Simei Street 4 #xx-40
99 Yrs From 07/04/2008
$682
$865k
16 Sep 09
21D Simei Street 4 #xx-54
99 Yrs From 07/04/2008
$682
$903k
11 Sep 09
17C Simei Street 4 #xx-16
99 Yrs From 07/04/2008
$883
$475k
11 Sep 09

jitkiat
03-11-09, 08:06
if you own a condo and a HDB .. will HDB allow you to stay in condo and rent out HDB ??
I think so, provided you have stayed at your subsidized HDB for minimum 5 years and apply to HDB to sublet the whole unit. However, HDB resale price is escalating very quickly. Take for example, 1988 HDB at Simei is asking for 500k. If annual gross rental is 24k, then it translates to 4.8% gross yield, net yield may be only 4%.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10206p.nsf/WPDis/Subletting%20Your%20Flat%20/%20RoomPolicies%20-%20Subletting%20of%20Whole%20Flat?OpenDocument&SubMenu=Policies

shespawn
03-11-09, 09:36

Yes you can. As long you satisfy 3-year or 5-year Minimum Occupation Period. They want to tax on your rental gains, that's why they are more than happy for you to rent out HDB.

matadorepy
03-11-09, 09:51
Don't bother with a matadorepy (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=33296) whose avatar http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/avatars/Life-is-pain.gif is causing pain to others :hell-hath-no-fury:

Let the market decide.

For you info. The avatar is supplied by this free-expression forum. Short of avatar, I just used what is available.

Ask the admin to do this one: Dreams Become a Reality ...in honour of DBR :D

jitkiat
03-11-09, 10:21
For you info. The avatar is supplied by this free-expression forum. Short of avatar, I just used what is available.

Ask the admin to do this one: Dreams Become a Reality ...in honour of DBR :D
阿弥陀佛,善哉,善哉 !!:D
(God bless you for your kind words)

alamak
03-11-09, 10:27

Easily Bought over by marketing ploy and a stroke of artist impression. This is not an island facing a quiet vast open ocean but a 25m-wide listless 1.20m deep pool enclosed all side by building structure and a continuosly thrashing waterfall. Imagine also if 646 families are waiting-in-line to do this.

And Yes, Matadorepy san that it's true that their Dream is fast Becoming a Reality

jwong71
03-11-09, 10:29
Yes you can. As long you satisfy 3-year or 5-year Minimum Occupation Period. They want to tax on your rental gains, that's why they are more than happy for you to rent out HDB.

3-5yr is for owners to fulfilled the min,before allowing them leasing the whole unit. Dont have to lock a room.
But if u own a condo,and hdb. U can only rent the condo,and stay in hdb.

Check throughly, dont be mislead by hearsay.

shespawn
03-11-09, 10:38
3-5yr is for owners to fulfilled the min,before allowing them leasing the whole unit. Dont have to lock a room.

I checked with HDB already. You can call them at 1800-225-5432 if you want to verify yourself. I have to get my facts correct before I post. Here, there's too many duplicate pinpointers. (same person different IDs)

pengful
03-11-09, 10:42

Not correct. HDB relaxed this ruling last July.

sunny
03-11-09, 10:42

:) you can stay condo and rent out hdb .... if you fulfill one of the two ; 1) stayed hdb for 10 years or 2) stayed hdb 5 years but fully paid up.

checked already... thanks

jwong71
03-11-09, 10:44
I checked with HDB already. You can call them at 1800-225-5432 if you want to verify yourself.

It's better to get black and white through email, safeguard urself.

Did u highlight that u have bought a condo and planing to move in,and renting out the hdb,

OR simply put it across to them,that you wan rent out HDB only.

pengful
03-11-09, 10:54
For those kiasu and kiasi about subletting whole HDB house and staying at private properties;

Source: http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/faq_selected.asp?category=27929,28067,28068

Q:I own a private property and would like to reside there and sublet my HDB flat. Is this allowed?
[ Home Owners > Subletting Your Flat / Room > Subletting of Whole HDB Flat ]
A:Owners may sublet their flat if they have met the minimum occupation period:

For non-subsidised flats (flats purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 3 years;
For subsidised flats (flats purchased directly from the HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 5 years.Flat owners who meet the eligibility requirements above and who concurrently own a private property, are allowed to stay in the private property and sublet the HDB flat.

However, prior approval from HDB must be obtained before they sublet the flat.

Swee boh? :)

shespawn
03-11-09, 10:58
For those kiasu and kiasi about subletting whole HDB house and staying at private properties;

Source: http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/faq_selected.asp?category=27929,28067,28068

Q:I own a private property and would like to reside there and sublet my HDB flat. Is this allowed?
[ Home Owners > Subletting Your Flat / Room > Subletting of Whole HDB Flat ]
A:Owners may sublet their flat if they have met the minimum occupation period:

For non-subsidised flats (flats purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 3 years;
For subsidised flats (flats purchased directly from the HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 5 years.Flat owners who meet the eligibility requirements above and who concurrently own a private property, are allowed to stay in the private property and sublet the HDB flat.

However, prior approval from HDB must be obtained before they sublet the flat.

Swee boh? :)

i kiasi, that's why i also called up. For those Kiasu, Kiasi, or blur like sotong about latest HDB news, you can simply call them. you can also login with your singpass to apply to sublet your HDB.

Reporter
03-11-09, 11:01
is there a restriction when you buy resale HDB in the open market ???

someone mentioned > 35 yr old etc etc ..thats for a SINGLE buyer ..

if a couple buys in the open market .. i believe theres no restriction ..

cab

... no restriction ... just need to change address to the HDB resale flat (i.e. stay there) for at least 1 year (if planning to resell) to 3 years (if planning to rent out after that) ...

... restriction ... yes ... can only buy 1 unit ...

Personally, I will not compete with those who need these resale public flats more than I do, even if there is money to be make. ... but then I am not a very smart investor here, so don't follow me.
For new HDB flat, you will need to stay at least 5 years before you can buy private properties and rent out the HDB flat.

Maybe it is better to make all the money we can in the "private" market and leave the "public" flats to those who need it or can only afford it.

cheerful
03-11-09, 13:01
For subsidised flats (flats purchased directly from the HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 5 years.I think this is the most accurate picture. The one from sunny about fully paid-up is no longer applicable. The one important factor is really subsidy :2cents:

jitkiat
03-11-09, 14:42
Not correct. HDB relaxed this ruling last July.

Exactly, becos of large inflow of foreign PRs, HDB was forced to relax this ruling in view of lacking of rental flats in the market. Even they relaxed the ruling, the rental for HDB still skyrocketed.

jitkiat
03-11-09, 15:07
Easily Bought over by marketing ploy and a stroke of artist impression. This is not an island facing a quiet vast open ocean but a 25m-wide listless 1.20m deep pool enclosed all side by building structure and a continuosly thrashing waterfall. Imagine also if 646 families are waiting-in-line to do this.

And Yes, Matadorepy san that it's true that their Dream is fast Becoming a Reality
How you measure 25m-wide? Show me in the site plan / architect plan that it is 25m wide please. I am sure all owners here are eager to know the actual size of the main pool too.

jitkiat
04-11-09, 10:23
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU)

INTAKE: The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU) will open in 2011 with an intake of 500 undergraduates and some postgraduate students. The yearly intake will be steadily increased to 1,000 undergraduates and up to 500 postgraduates.

COURSES: It will offer four degree programmes:

Architecture and sustainable design: Students will study architecture, with a focus on environmentally conscious design, to capitalise on the growing green building movement worldwide.
Engineering and product design: Designing, developing and bringing to the market electrical and mechanical products, such as planes and cars.
Engineering systems and system design: Students will analyse, manage, design and improve complex technical systems, like urban transportation, manufacturing and energy systems.
Information engineering and design: Designing, developing and manufacturing information devices, such as digital music players and cellphones.
CAMPUS: The university's permanent campus is being built in Changi. It will function from a temporary campus before moving to its permanent home in 2015.
FACULTY: About 50 faculty members will be on board by the time it opens.
PARTNERS: MIT has been announced as a partner of SU. MIT professors will be in charge of developing the science and technology curriculum and use design to integrate the teaching of various disciplines. They will also teach and conduct research at SU.
SU's second partner will be a Chinese university to be announced soon.
Students will benefit from overseas stints at the partner universities.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_450123.html

pengful
04-11-09, 19:28
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU)

INTAKE: The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU) will open in 2011 with an intake of 500 undergraduates and some postgraduate students. The yearly intake will be steadily increased to 1,000 undergraduates and up to 500 postgraduates.

COURSES: It will offer four degree programmes:

Architecture and sustainable design: Students will study architecture, with a focus on environmentally conscious design, to capitalise on the growing green building movement worldwide.
Engineering and product design: Designing, developing and bringing to the market electrical and mechanical products, such as planes and cars.
Engineering systems and system design: Students will analyse, manage, design and improve complex technical systems, like urban transportation, manufacturing and energy systems.
Information engineering and design: Designing, developing and manufacturing information devices, such as digital music players and cellphones.
CAMPUS: The university's permanent campus is being built in Changi. It will function from a temporary campus before moving to its permanent home in 2015.
FACULTY: About 50 faculty members will be on board by the time it opens.
PARTNERS: MIT has been announced as a partner of SU. MIT professors will be in charge of developing the science and technology curriculum and use design to integrate the teaching of various disciplines. They will also teach and conduct research at SU.
SU's second partner will be a Chinese university to be announced soon.
Students will benefit from overseas stints at the partner universities.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_450123.html

That's good news to all property owners around Simei area. Supporters of SG should be very pleased.
:cheers4:

fsma
06-11-09, 19:58
I took this last week - hopefully it is completed by May 2012.

pengful
06-11-09, 22:24
I took this last week - hopefully it is completed by May 2012.

fsma, which block/ stack did you buy?

fsma
06-11-09, 23:02
Block 37 facing Sunbird. 3+1 unit. Really looking forward to it! I contacted UOL for the additional gate at the back, and to my pleasant surprise UOL took the suggestion and have included that in the project plan. I can share the pdf when I have access to my PC. This will provide a shortcut for residents around the rear blocks to go to the 4th University or Expo. Glad to have this forum to share - special thanks to Jitkiat for his informative posts.

pengful
07-11-09, 11:31
Block 37 facing Sunbird. 3+1 unit. Really looking forward to it! I contacted UOL for the additional gate at the back, and to my pleasant surprise UOL took the suggestion and have included that in the project plan. I can share the pdf when I have access to my PC. This will provide a shortcut for residents around the rear blocks to go to the 4th University or Expo. Glad to have this forum to share - special thanks to Jitkiat for his informative posts.

Yes that will be quite a distance to walk to the park connector and to the MRT station.

What does everyone think of that big tree? Somehow, I find that it may be too large to fit into the landscape. Otherwise, it looks like it is going to be a big obstacle to the construction and of course, the roots. Will the roots mess up the pools or even crack the tiles after some years?

beemer75
07-11-09, 11:44
Actually wld it be possible to hv another car entrance from Sunbird side?
Yes will be added cost (need another sentry post sorry ah army parlance). But with the single lane road being shared with HDB, TS, Modena, will be quite congested during morning peak hr.

The additional entrance will provide a faster way to ECP.

Kenshinto80
07-11-09, 12:59
How you measure 25m-wide? Show me in the site plan / architect plan that it is 25m wide please. I am sure all owners here are eager to know the actual size of the main pool too.

25 Metre is actually quite considered very wide already for an "island"....unless the developer can go to 250m.....that would be awesome.

jitkiat
07-11-09, 18:58
Land sandwinched between Modena, Changkat Secondary school, Eastpoint will be tendered in the first half of 2010. It is smaller than Modena, estimated number of units about 250.

Watch out for the bidding price. This has the potential of boosting subsale prices in Simei area. Won't be surprised if 2br size will be reduced to 800+sqft like Optima.

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-11-07/tampines.jpg

jwong71
07-11-09, 19:57
On the same note, that is probably 2 years after DBR TOP. So I can stay 2 years and prepare to sell for a decent profit... psf go to 850-900?:D

If as based on tday papers, regarding to the sites to be released.
SImei st3 at Modena, the new launch will be near $1000psf.

800-900psf may look possible for DBR. HUAT liao!!
Thank to so called, government measure to cool down properties..
It looks like heating up the nearby condos to another higher levels. psf

Correct me if im wrong.

fourth
07-11-09, 23:59
Land sandwinched between Modena, Changkat Secondary school, Eastpoint will be tendered in the first half of 2010. It is smaller than Modena, estimated number of units about 250.

Watch out for the bidding price. This has the potential of boosting subsale prices in Simei area. Won't be surprised if 2br size will be reduced to 800+sqft like Optima.

Is this the site? confirm? I read it to to be EC, can someone confirm?

I am just thinking behind Eastpoint, there is another field that people play soccer. Could that be the one?

Reporter
08-11-09, 00:18

I am just thinking behind Eastpoint, there is another field that people play soccer. Could that be the one?
Simei Street 3 is a "normal" condo.

Non-EC Confirmed List
1. Choa Chu Kang Road / Woodlands Road (above Bukit Panjang LRT Depot)
2. Tampines Avenue 1/ Tampines Avenue 10
3. Boon Lay Way / Lakeside Drive
4. Simei Street 3
5. Upper Serangoon Road / Pheng Geck Avenue

6. Sembawang Road / Canberra Drive (sales agent: HDB)

pengful
08-11-09, 00:47

From the site doc from URA, jitkiat's statement cannot be wrong.

ronyyk76
08-11-09, 00:58
If as based on tday papers, regarding to the sites to be released.
SImei st3 at Modena, the new launch will be near $1000psf.

800-900psf may look possible for DBR. HUAT liao!!
Thank to so called, government measure to cool down properties..
It looks like heating up the nearby condos to another higher levels. psf

Correct me if im wrong.

Something not right. EC's value is higher than Condo.:confused:

Reporter
08-11-09, 08:25
Something not right. EC's value is higher than Condo.:confused:
It is not an EC site.

... maybe I will need to repeat again ...

Simei Street 3 is a "normal" condo.

Non-EC Confirmed List
1. Choa Chu Kang Road / Woodlands Road (above Bukit Panjang LRT Depot)
2. Tampines Avenue 1/ Tampines Avenue 10
3. Boon Lay Way / Lakeside Drive
4. Simei Street 3
5. Upper Serangoon Road / Pheng Geck Avenue

6. Sembawang Road / Canberra Drive (sales agent: HDB)

Reporter
08-11-09, 08:40

Actually this is a very good site due to its promixity to MRT station, shopping mall, PIE and school, and its unblocked view.

Although the predicted selling price is $1,000 psf. I won't be surprised the "good" units will sell above $1,200 psf due to developers' bidding war.

I think this site can join Centro Residences, Trevista, Hundred Trees, Serangoon Avenue 3, Meadows @ Pierce, etc. in the OCR $1,200 psf Club.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Government to offer slew of sites for homes
Eight confirmed sites and as many as 26, to allay fears of shortage
Joyce Teo
Property correspondent
The Straits Times
Saturday, 7 November 2009

The government acted ahead of schedule yesterday in following through on its pledge to release plenty of land sites to meet strong demand for mass market homes outside the city centre.

Units on the sites may then sell for close to $1,000 psf, he added.

In all, 42 sites are available for sale in the first half of next year, comprising 24 purely residential sites, two mixed use sites that must include residential use, five commercial sites, 10 hotel sites and one site permitting a range of uses.

shespawn
08-11-09, 09:48
this new development might probably generate the Optima effect for the residents staying in the nearby condos. :)

this site has an unblocked view over the landed properties. the successful bidder most likely to launch 3rd quarter 2010.

jitkiat
08-11-09, 10:00
this new development might probably generate the Optima effect for the residents staying in the nearby condos. :)

this site has an unblocked view over the landed properties. the successful bidder most likely to launch 3rd quarter 2010.

Due to the higher elevation of the 3-storey landed properties. Need to be at least 5th floor to clear the roof. The site plan design would probably like Modena. Most likely swimming pool will be facing the MRT stn / track, tennis court facing Simei St 3 / East point. Expect hot bidding due to small plot / lower risk.

fourth
08-11-09, 10:10
From the site doc from URA, jitkiat's statement cannot be wrong.

Yes since it is from URA, it cannot be wrong. The plot while small, is well located (super close to MRT) and may have potential to drive up the prices in Simei. It depends on market timing though.

Also driving in and out of the site prove to be a challenge as there is only one road that is quite busy.

Cactus72
08-11-09, 10:43
Yes since it is from URA, it cannot be wrong. The plot while small, is well located (super close to MRT) and may have potential to drive up the prices in Simei. It depends on market timing though.

Also driving in and out of the site prove to be a challenge as there is only one road that is quite busy.

Super close to MRT sounds bad as the noise from MRT will be quite unbearable every few minutes! Just remind me of Metropolitan which is barely selling above $1,000 psf with its close proximity to city. It will be a challenge to price any project on this location at that price in these two to three years.

Somehow people like to read between lines and pick those sentences which they like to hear (remind me of a TV advert on a radio station with femal driver driving recklessly on the road with a driving instructor).

With increase in supply, it will mean prices are going to be stabilised or increase moderately which is the aim by government. If a project is of such good value, if there are limited supply (supposed government doesn't step in), don't you think the price will be even higher? Dunno why current owners so happy abt it...:doh:

Reporter
08-11-09, 11:23
Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged in October 2009

Project Name .............. Floor Area . Unit Price . Date
The Metropolitian Condo . 1,744 sqft ... 1,018 psf ... Oct 09
The Metropolitian Condo . 1,367 sqft ... 1,150 psf ... Oct 09

Wow! Metro has only 2 resale caveats lodged in October.

To be successful, this 12-storey condo has better be newer than the 45-storey Metro and build units that are smaller than the latter's 1,367 sqft or 1,744 sqft. Mickey Mouse might be a good idea.

shespawn
08-11-09, 12:05

with more users on that road, they need to widen the road or else it will be a long drive to use the PIE.

jitkiat
08-11-09, 13:17
Somehow people like to read between lines and pick those sentences which they like to hear (remind me of a TV advert on a radio station with femal driver driving recklessly on the road with a driving instructor).

With increase in supply, it will mean prices are going to be stabilised or increase moderately which is the aim by government. If a project is of such good value, if there are limited supply (supposed government doesn't step in), don't you think the price will be even higher? Dunno why current owners so happy abt it...:doh:

Supply of lands only become real housing supply at TOP time. Meanwhile, investors are probably very happy about new project pulling up prices of existing yet-to-TOP project.

BB
08-11-09, 14:44
With more condos coming up at Simei. Almost all of them with similar attributes (near mrt, amenities & etc). Future buyers will be spoilt with many choices. Therefore, adding pressure to the resales price.

jwong71
08-11-09, 16:25
With more condos coming up at Simei. Almost all of them with similar attributes (near mrt, amenities & etc). Future buyers will be spoilt with many choices. Therefore, adding pressure to the resales price.

With the launch prices on the new sites, there will be impact onto the HDB. Resulting higher price too.. Pressure for those if they need to cash out for emergency.

But for most cases,if we dont see much profits. We just sit back relax.

Let the buyers spolit for choice, HDB or condos.

Maybe by then,3-5yrs. At this current prices, is might turn out to be a nor in that time to come.

fourth
08-11-09, 18:58

This paragraph had me stumped a bit. Had to read several times and still not sure what you are trying to bring across. You are saying owners should not be too happy.... because prices will go up or will not go up? :confused:

pengful
08-11-09, 19:11
This paragraph had me stumped a bit. Had to read several times and still not sure what you are trying to bring across. You are saying owners should not be too happy.... because prices will go up or will not go up? :confused:

Agreed with you that the statement is confusing. Don't care what the statement meant but when prices of properties go up due to such influences, current owners should be happy.

fourth
08-11-09, 19:15
Agreed with you that the statement is confusing. Don't care what the statement meant but when prices of properties go up due to such influences, current owners should be happy.

Agree to be happy... "Huat ah"!! :D

pengful
08-11-09, 19:31

In my opinion, this project will be better than Optima. At least, there is an easy access to food and shops other than MRT. Optima has only MRT for company. :)

qianfugui
09-11-09, 09:10
Super close to MRT sounds bad as the noise from MRT will be quite unbearable every few minutes! Just remind me of Metropolitan which is barely selling above $1,000 psf with its close proximity to city. It will be a challenge to price any project on this location at that price in these two to three years.

I fully concurred with you on this point. It's what a fellow forummer have earlier said - just want to be in dream land /listen to good thing and shut out the rest . Look at these figure (no of units) : New Condo (exp 250) Modena -230 TS (240) DBR (646) SG (602) - almost 2,000 units along Simei st 4/3. Not forgetting along Simei Rise st Melville Park ( 1,232), Savana Condo (648) - almost 1880

In short within a 2km square, you have almost 4,000 units of condo to choose to buy or rent. For renting compete with 1000 units of HDB too.

Those DBR folks, why so happy look at the map layout can see that SG is at least a quarter size bigger yet only 600 units. Can imagine those crampy enclosed condition with 650 unit + MCP + facilities. Honestly it is the worst condo along simei st 4.

Like what an earlier forummer have said what make DBR so special to command higher psf just because they pay a much higher psf than Modena/TS/SG. I think after TOP, it would be the worst performer in term of rental and sales along Simei St 4. Yah I think their Dream Become a scary reality. :scared-1:

teddybear
09-11-09, 09:46
What is the land size and plot ratio for DBR?

I fully concurred with you on this point. It's what a fellow forummer have earlier said - just want to be in dream land /listen to good thing and shut out the rest . Look at these figure (no of units) : New Condo (exp 250) Modena -230 TS (240) DBR (646) SG (602) - almost 2,000 units along Simei st 4/3. Not forgetting along Simei Rise st Melville Park ( 1,232), Savana Condo (648) - almost 1880

In short within a 2km square, you have almost 4,000 units of condo to choose to buy or rent. For renting compete with 1000 units of HDB too.

Those DBR folks, why so happy look at the map layout can see that SG is at least a quarter size bigger yet only 600 units. Can imagine those crampy enclosed condition with 650 unit + MCP + facilities. Honestly it is the worst condo along simei st 4.

Like what an earlier forummer have said what make DBR so special to command higher psf just because they pay a much higher psf than Modena/TS/SG. I think after TOP, it would be the worst performer in term of rental and sales along Simei St 4. Yah I think their Dream Become a scary reality. :scared-1:

jitkiat
09-11-09, 09:52

Really? How do u explain why so far we have 3 successful and highly profitable subsales in last 6 months? If you don't like DBR also no need to use words like "the worst condo". Imagine people use the same words against the place where you stay. And I know someone who stay in Simei Green wanting to upgrade to DBR as well as ppl who buy both SG and DBR. So to each his own.

The_Way_I_See_It
09-11-09, 10:33
The MND timely release of more land plot for sales at OCR aimed at one primary objective - moderating and probably capping prices. Most developers are rational. Only developer like Far East will do the unthinkable like bidding skyhigh irrationally once a while like Centro in AMK or HK Cheung Kong Grp in Serangoon Ave 3.

Even then AMK and Serangoon Ave 3 have less Condo unit per sq km than Simei Street 3/4/ Simei Rise etc. With potentially 4,000 existing units to compete and only a plot size for 250 units, no sensible developers will attempt to bid at any price that eventually the units must sell above $1,000 psf.

shespawn
09-11-09, 10:43
Really? How do u explain why so far we have 3 successful and highly profitable subsales in last 6 months? If you don't like DBR also no need to use words like "the worst condo". Imagine people use the same words against the place where you stay. And I know someone who stay in Simei Green wanting to upgrade to DBR as well as ppl who buy both SG and DBR. So to each his own.

yes, i also know a guy from simei green who bought a unit in DBR to upgrade. first in the queue at the soft launch.

qianfugui
09-11-09, 10:51
3 successful subsales in last 6 months means may be 0, 1 or 2 units in the next projected 12 months. That's is a poor sign of things happening already ... Can't you read it.

At TOP time in 2012, there are also many many thousand units island wide also at TOP. It is a buyer market then. DBR is among the 4,000 unit in Simei St 3/4/ Simei Rise st. D15 East Coast, is a much better place than Simei D18. Already East coast is flooded with no less than 2,000 new units.

SG and DBR are both Condo already , why your SG fren want to upgrade to DBR ? At DBR TOP time, he/ she will most probably change her/his mind. Why must be Goondo - pay 200 psf more than he has pay for SG and the physical living condition in DBR (646 vs 600 in smaller plot area) realistically cannot be better than SG. :confused:

Reporter
09-11-09, 10:52
The MND timely release of more land plot for sales at OCR aimed at one primary objective - moderating and probably capping prices. Most developers are rational. Only developer like Far East will do the unthinkable like bidding skyhigh irrationally once a while like Centro in AMK or HK Cheung Kong Grp in Serangoon Ave 3.

Even then AMK and Serangoon Ave 3 have less Condo unit per sq km than Simei Street 3/4/ Simei Rise etc. With potentially 4,000 existing units to compete and only a plot size for 250 units, no sensible developers will attempt to bid at any price that eventually the units must sell above $1,000 psf.
... correction ...

Serangoon Avenue 3 was won by Singapore's Hong Leong - not HK's Cheung Kong.

shespawn
09-11-09, 10:54
3 successful subsales in last 6 months means may be 0, 1 or 2 units in the next projected 12 months. That's is a poor sign of things happening already ... Can't you read it.

At TOP time in 2012, there are also many many thousand units island wide also at TOP. It is a buyer market then. DBR is among the 4,000 unit in Simei St 3/4/ Simei Rise st. D15 East Coast, is a much better place than Simei D18. Already East coast is flooded with no less than 2,000 new units.

SG and DBR are both Condo already , why your SG fren want to upgrade to DBR ? At DBR TOP time, he/ she will most probably change her/his mind. Why must be Goondo - pay 200 psf more than he has pay for SG and the physical living condition in DBR (646 vs 600 in smaller plot area) realistically cannot be better than SG. :confused:

sorry not friend. he's first in the queue, of course chat with him lah. he upgrade to DBR, then try to rent out SG.

pengful
09-11-09, 11:04

Welcome back and I can see that you are talking out of your ass again :doh: . Fully concur with this, fully concur with that. Oh, that's easy to bring a point across.
1) Why should BDR owners choose to hear what they want to hear? Up to this point, I have not seen any DBR owners criticising another property by claiming that they are old, broken, lousy developer, pay too much, etc.
2) Why are you bringing those properties outside of St 3/4 into the comparison? Are their attributes; closeness to MRT, mall, park connectors, etc, in line with the new property's location?
3) Another sneaky attempt to promote SG and talk down DBR? Why not criticise TS or Modena? Does SG offer a better deal compared to the 3 condos along the same road? Again, I believe we all hope that the government can live up to their promise and of course, the market's reactions, to EC owners that after 10 years, their property prices will align themselves with the market prices. Up to today, we are still seeing EC selling below full condo prices and this has been backed up with facts.
4) Why do you choose to only say that DBR owners are seemingly "happy" that this new development will boost the prices of their properties? Are Modena, TS and even SG owners "not happy" about it? I doubt your views are objective since they are so biased towards SG. Are you an SG owner?
5) In which way is DBR "the worst condo" along St 3/4? "Worst" can take a meaning to a "sour grapes effect"; I cannot afford so it has to be bad/ worst. Is this your case?
6) New condos, expectedly, command a higher $ psf compared to those built a few years ago. There is this thing called inflation and people have explained before so why is it so strange that DBR owners are paying higher compared to TS & Modena and certainly SG? Do you think that the new property opposite Eastpoint will command a lower $ psf when launched in 2010 compared to DBR?
7) You keep implying that DBR owners are fools to pay so much more compared to SG, which is just next door. Why did it hurt you so much?
8) Why do you think DBR will be the worst performer compared to its neighbors? People are willing to pay more for newer things. Again, that is a fact. Whether the profits DBR can command will be lower than those compared to its neighbors remain to be seen. No one knows and you seem to know... you a fortune teller cum fengshui master or just pretending to be one? What is the scary reality you are saying? You bloody troll!

jitkiat
09-11-09, 11:15

No need to compare D18 to 1200psf East coast, they are at different locations and at different price points. And for God sake, SG was completed in 1999 ... how can DBR be at the same price as SG?!

Relative to other comtemporary projects, DBR's living space of 346,000sqft (646 units) is actually considered not bad.

Cash Merah site area: 21,876sqm (550 units)
Optima site area: 9,875sqm (297 units)
8@W: 10,774sqm (330 units)
Mi Casa: 19,000sqm (457 units)
Caspian: 22,000sqm (712 units)

jitkiat
09-11-09, 11:42

How come all developers think not like you?

Serangoon Avenue 3 bought by Hong Leong at 530psf
Dakota Crescent bought by UOL at 500psf
Seletar/Yio Chu Kang site (no MRT) was bought by Far East at 380psf
Upper Thomson (no MRT) by Cheung Kong at 530psf

I will bet Simei St 3 plot of land at least will attract a bid at 400psf ....

The_Way_I_See_It
09-11-09, 11:52

I will bet Simei St 3 plot of land at least will attract a bid at 400psf .... Infact I think it will be at least $450 bid meaning eventually buyer should pay above $850 psf. What I don't think will happen is like $660 ppsf resulting in buyer paying well above $1,100 psf in the case of Centro which some forumer were hoping for.

Property_Owner
09-11-09, 11:54

I will bet Simei St 3 plot of land at least will attract a bid at 400psf ....

He still dun believe come one day you will never see condo adver under 1000psf.

shespawn
09-11-09, 11:55
No need to compare D18 to 1200psf East coast, they are at different locations and at different price points. And for God sake, SG was completed in 1999 ... how can DBR be at the same price as SG?!

Relative to other comtemporary projects, DBR's living space of 346,000sqft (646 units) is actually considered not bad.

Cash Merah site area: 21,876sqm (550 units)
Optima site area: 9,875sqm (297 units)
8@W: 10,774sqm (330 units)
Mi Casa: 19,000sqm (457 units)
Caspian: 22,000sqm (712 units)

I better convert to sqft in case these vacumn heads can't figure out.
Cash Merah site area: 235,471 sqft (550 units)
Optima site area: 106,293 sqft (297 units)
8@W: 115,970sqft (330 units)
Mi Casa: 204,514sqft (457 units)
Caspian: 236,806 (712 units)

qianfugui
09-11-09, 13:02
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

pengful
09-11-09, 13:02
I better convert to sqft in case these vacumn heads can't figure out.
Cash Merah site area: 235,471 sqft (550 units)
Optima site area: 106,293 sqft (297 units)
8@W: 115,970sqft (330 units)
Mi Casa: 204,514sqft (457 units)
Caspian: 236,806 (712 units)

If just by doing a straight-line allocation of space (sqft) of available land to each unit;
- DBR: 535.6
- Casa Merah: 428.12
- Optima: 357.88
- 8@W: 351.42
- Mi Casa: 447.51
- Caspian: 332.59
:)

jitkiat
09-11-09, 13:16
Looking at the chart, from a technical analysis perspective ... 180 remains as the resistance, if broken, we will be in a quantum leap like in 1988-1996.

Actually Modena/TS was priced as the same as DBR back in the year 2000. Back in 1988, brand new 4-room HDB was only 100,000. Now, the same flat which is 21-y old is sold for 400k. The past two low point were around 100 at 1998, 115 at 2004 and recently 131 at 2009. Each low point is higher than the previous.

teddybear
09-11-09, 13:25
Don't think we can compare EC to full private condo (never mind that EC can sell to foreigners after 10 years). As a start, EC is supposed to be more cramp, lower quality in terms of quality, fittings etc so that they can be sold cheaper than private condos. Otherwise, no need to have EC (and not that EC land price so much cheaper than private condo, something have to give right?).

Welcome back and I can see that you are talking out of your ass again :doh: . Fully concur with this, fully concur with that. Oh, that's easy to bring a point across.
1) Why should BDR owners choose to hear what they want to hear? Up to this point, I have not seen any DBR owners criticising another property by claiming that they are old, broken, lousy developer, pay too much, etc.
2) Why are you bringing those properties outside of St 3/4 into the comparison? Are their attributes; closeness to MRT, mall, park connectors, etc, in line with the new property's location?
3) Another sneaky attempt to promote SG and talk down DBR? Why not criticise TS or Modena? Does SG offer a better deal compared to the 3 condos along the same road? Again, I believe we all hope that the government can live up to their promise and of course, the market's reactions, to EC owners that after 10 years, their property prices will align themselves with the market prices. Up to today, we are still seeing EC selling below full condo prices and this has been backed up with facts.
4) Why do you choose to only say that DBR owners are seemingly "happy" that this new development will boost the prices of their properties? Are Modena, TS and even SG owners "not happy" about it? I doubt your views are objective since they are so biased towards SG. Are you an SG owner?
5) In which way is DBR "the worst condo" along St 3/4? "Worst" can take a meaning to a "sour grapes effect"; I cannot afford so it has to be bad/ worst. Is this your case?
6) New condos, expectedly, command a higher $ psf compared to those built a few years ago. There is this thing called inflation and people have explained before so why is it so strange that DBR owners are paying higher compared to TS & Modena and certainly SG? Do you think that the new property opposite Eastpoint will command a lower $ psf when launched in 2010 compared to DBR?
7) You keep implying that DBR owners are fools to pay so much more compared to SG, which is just next door. Why did it hurt you so much?
8) Why do you think DBR will be the worst performer compared to its neighbors? People are willing to pay more for newer things. Again, that is a fact. Whether the profits DBR can command will be lower than those compared to its neighbors remain to be seen. No one knows and you seem to know... you a fortune teller cum fengshui master or just pretending to be one? What is the scary reality you are saying? You bloody troll!

jitkiat
09-11-09, 13:28
Hopefully Li Ka Sing this time get it right with the lucky bidding price

$251338668

屡屡发?

qianfugui
09-11-09, 14:22
If just by doing a straight-line allocation of space (sqft) of available land to each unit;
- DBR: 535.6
- Casa Merah: 428.12
- Optima: 357.88
- 8@W: 351.42
- Mi Casa: 447.51
- Caspian: 332.59
:)

Ha ha. This is what I meant by clearly a Linear/one-direction way of thinking. Compute plot size by no of units. Are all units flat in one dimension only ?. Given the same amt of physical space say 20,000 sq ft for 40 units - which appear more crampy - 4 towers of 10 units or 10 towers of 4 unit ?. Anybody will tell you that 10 towers of 4 units will be more crampier. Ideally architect should plan for 1 tower of 40 units to free all the physical space outside of the living "boxes". Because of height constraint, developer cannot maximise air space but use the land space instead. Now apply the no of building structures/towers to each condo plot size. That will tell you the degree of "clutterness" feeling is. 1 is the best , 3-4 OK, 5-8 (still can take it) , anything more than 10 (a maze feeling, especially in a confined space). Imagine a first-timer finding ways in the middle of 14 towers enclosed compound.

shespawn
09-11-09, 14:31
Ha ha. This is what I meant by clearly a Linear/one-direction way of thinking. Compute plot size by no of units. Are all units flat in one dimension only ?. Given the same amt of physical space say 20,000 sq ft for 40 units - which appear more crampy - 4 towers of 10 units or 10 towers of 4 unit ?. Anybody will tell you that 10 towers of 4 units will be more crampier. Ideally architect should plan for 1 tower of 40 units to free all the physical space outside of the living "boxes". Because of height constraint, developer cannot maximise air space but use the land space instead. Now apply the no of building structures/towers to each condo plot size. That will tell you the degree of "clutterness" feeling is. 1 is the best , 3-4 OK, 5-8 (still can take it) , anything more than 10 (a maze feeling, especially in a confined space). Imagine a first-timer finding ways in the middle of 14 towers enclosed compound.

i don't know what goes in your mind.. or maybe i have to be stupid to understand what you are trying to say. Here's a report you can go and read up.
As quoted in the news: "Two-thirds of Double Bay Residences are taken up by four swimming pools and landscape features such as a five-storey high waterfall, an elevated jacuzzi and a sports deck."
http://lushhomemedia.com/2009/03/07/double-bay-residences-80-units-of-simei-condo-sold/

btw, casa merah is also 12 storeys high.

qianfugui
09-11-09, 14:40
i don't know what goes in your mind.. or maybe i have to be stupid to understand what you are trying to say. Here's a report you can go and read up.
As quoted in the news: "Two-thirds of Double Bay Residences are taken up by four swimming pools and landscape features such as a five-storey high waterfall, an elevated jacuzzi and a sports deck."
http://lushhomemedia.com/2009/03/07/double-bay-residences-80-units-of-simei-condo-sold/

btw, casa merah is also 12 storeys high.
That means only one-third of space is where all the 14 towers of living structure. confirmed can peep through neighbour windows already. That's an even worse situation than I thought.

shespawn
09-11-09, 14:48
That means only one-third of space is where all the 14 towers of living structure. confirmed can peep through neighbour windows already.

my goodness, you are so laughable. what a joke you create over here. We provide facts and figures, you just criticise without any proof. hmm... sounds like another id user rapister. only come to criticse at things, not providing any constructive feedback. you should sign up to perform in circus.

shespawn
09-11-09, 14:53
oh yah, forgot to mention, you can also be a roti prata seller. tell u a fact, you flip to another thing.

qianfugui
09-11-09, 14:58
my goodness, you are so laughable. what a joke you create over here. We provide facts and figures, you just criticise without any proof. hmm... sounds like another id user rapister. only come to criticse at things, not providing any constructive feedback. you should sign up to perform in circus.
You provide a new fact previously unknown to me and I just provide a relook at it from a different realistic perspective to it. Like the TV advert, just want to hear good thing, censured the rest. For DBR, it is better to be outside than to be inside the Living boxes.

shespawn
09-11-09, 15:05
You provide a new fact previously unknown to me and I just provide a relook at it from a different realistic perspective to it. Like the TV advert, just want to hear good thing, censured the rest. For DBR, it is better to be outside than to be inside the Living boxes.

repeat repeat.. aren't you tired? always use this advert to distract when you can't think of anything else to substantiate your comments?

we provide lots of new facts to you, but you also don't seem to absorb that.
hmm... pardon me, forgotten that you not that bright, take a longer time to absorb and understand.

jitkiat
09-11-09, 15:15
It is not that DBR owners only want to hear good things. There are people who provide pros and cons backed by facts and give a fair comparison to comparable projects at the same price nearby. For example, if you say WFW/WFK/Caspian are better for nature lovers due to its proximity to lake/ reservoir or Casa Merah is more exclusive / quiet, Optima has better interior finishing, The Bayshore has more living space compared to DBR; then I think there is nothing DBR owners can say. Instead, you chose to criticize DBR based on 13-y old Simei Green EC which looks only slightly bigger on the map with almost the same number of units ?! :doh:

shespawn
09-11-09, 15:22
It is not that DBR owners only want to hear good things. There are people who provide pros and cons backed by facts and give a fair comparison to comparable projects at the same price nearby. For example, if you say WFW/WFK are better for nature lovers due to its proximity to Bedok Reservoir or Casa Merah is more exclusive / quiet, The Bayshore has more living space compared to DBR; then I think there is nothing DBR owners can say. Instead, you chose to criticize DBR based on 13-y old SG?! :doh:

yah, i also can't apprehend that too. Luckily they never say MP has the best facilities around. I will fall off my chair laughing.

matadorepy
09-11-09, 15:33
That's confirmed my "clutterness" feeling in the first place. ;)

shespawn
09-11-09, 15:53
That's confirmed my "clutterness" feeling in the first place. ;)

i was wondering where did you go. kinda miss your circus action here. who knows you are pairing up with qianfuqui. seems like his jester performance are done, what you are going to perform?

pengful
09-11-09, 16:21

Then if DBR turned up with 300+ sqft for each unit then you will tell a different story.
Anyway, I will not disagree with your example but each developer has to maximise revenue while at the same time provide a certain level of living standard to buyers. In some ways, you answered your own question/ points:
- Air space. You cannot build higher.
- You feel very strongly about "clutterness" because you assume everyone will use the facilities at the same time all the time. Don't think for people. Let them think for themselves if the space created by the architect works for them. Some just prefer to stay indoors.
- 1st timer feels lost almost everytime they go to new places. Would you feel lost if you stay there? Don't assume everyone is "lost" like you.
Now, will you answer the questions posed to you earlier?

pengful
09-11-09, 16:25
i was wondering where did you go. kinda miss your circus action here. who knows you are pairing up with qianfuqui. seems like his jester performance are done, what you are going to perform?

Yep, the "clown-swallowing-flaming-sword-on-unicycle" is next. :D

jitkiat
09-11-09, 17:17
http://www.casa-merah.com/images/sitemap.gif
What 钱富贵 ($$ qianfugui $$) & matadorepy (life is pain) said are not conclusive at all. I went to Casa Merah, it has 12 towers with 550 units on 235,000 sqft land (compared to DBR of 346,000 sqft, 14 towers, 646 units) and split the pools into 2 narrow stretches. I don't actually feel it is cluttered. DBR has 12 stacks of 2br, 6 stacks of 2+1 br while CM only has 10 stacks of 2br. So total number of residents for DBR could be about the same as CM only ... since DBR's land is 40% larger compared to CM, DBR should be even more spacious compared to CM. And the design allows more wind of all directions to come into the main pool area.

In fact, DBR has generous indoor/outdoor space, it was even put down as selling points:

Extensive landscape & water area (occupy 220,000 sq ft of land area- 2/3 of site area, almost 3 football fields)

4 swimming pools - 50m lap pool, lagoon pool, jungle pool & children's pool (total 22,000 sq ft of pool and water feature)

Indoor area of clubhouse & gym = 12,000 sq ft = almost 10 units of 3-bedroom apartments

beemer75
09-11-09, 17:51
why pay so much attention to the noises (and it sure getting noisy). We paid for DBR so whether it turns out well or not so well its our own business. Why waste time replying to some noisy toads who amaze me with their relentless attack on a condo which is really a non-living thing.

if its so bad then so be it. no one is asking you to buy. go to whatever condos tt sing to you and sing all u want in their treads.

its not one only wanna listen to the good things but certainly no one wld tune in to a station tt plays songs one doesnt like. There are just 2-3 toads who defy logic and just like to tune to the "wrong" station.

well maybe some crass toadies wanna act class and tune to Class 95 without knowing anything abt it.

This DBR tread should be a constructive exchange of info among owners and interest buyers. Toadies may wanna create their own AB-DBR tread.

jitkiat
09-11-09, 19:47
Yes that will be quite a distance to walk to the park connector and to the MRT station.

What does everyone think of that big tree? Somehow, I find that it may be too large to fit into the landscape. Otherwise, it looks like it is going to be a big obstacle to the construction and of course, the roots. Will the roots mess up the pools or even crack the tiles after some years?

http://www.livingneighborhoods.org/actions/pics/maincenter/ravello-rs-words.jpg
I think the architect has the idea that the tree will become the main center of the project.

RULE 1.
Let us ask ourselves which particular place in the area dedicated to the neighborhood most inspires us by its life or potential for life, and also has the greatest capacity for becoming the spiritual and emotional heart of the new neighborhood?

RULE 2.
Let us now ask ourselves how the place we have chosen as the most natural center, may be enhanced and made profound.

RULE 3.
Let us now ask ourselves how this place, which has been activated (in principle) by our response to Rule 2, may also be made beautiful and tranquil, as a work of architecture.

Interested in more about good architecture?

http://www.livingneighborhoods.org/ht-0/fifteen.htm

shespawn
09-11-09, 20:28
i like the big tree. conserving while adding elements to the landscape. if you go to Sentosa, they also have a big tree, which provides a tranquil and balanced atmosphere. It's really a centrepiece for one to view.

jitkiat
09-11-09, 20:48
i like the big tree. conserving while adding elements to the landscape. if you go to Sentosa, they also have a big tree, which provides a tranquil and balanced atmosphere. It's really a centrepiece for one to view.

http://www.livingneighborhoods.org/library/noo-b1-109-118.pdf

The living hall is the center of the house. A church/mosque/temple could be the center of a small estate. A public square is the center of a city. If you visit some of the best towns in the world, they usually have very strong centers e.g. Trafalgar Square in London, Durbar Square in Kathmandu, Piazza San Marco in Venice, Dal Lake in Srinagar & The San Francisco Bay. For Singapore, it could be the Marina Bay in the near future.

pengful
09-11-09, 20:54
Well, I hope that the architects have explored "downwards" because if they did not do a good job, the roots are going to play havoc to the vision. Obviously, preserving the tree and adding it to a residential development was just brilliant.

pengful
09-11-09, 21:09
beemer75, well said. I am getting tired of those guys too.

shespawn
09-11-09, 21:11
Well, I hope that the architects have explored "downwards" because if they did not do a good job, the roots are going to play havoc to the vision. Obviously, preserving the tree and adding it to a residential development was just brilliant.

don't worry my friend. I believe the architect and engineers will have thought of this too.

acewee
09-11-09, 21:50
To all DBR owners, I think your new home will be very nice with a good mix of facilities. Look forward to enjoying it when TOP and leave the others who criticise to envy from outside. As for the price, no one can predict the future so unless you are purely an investor, nothing to be concern about.

It is not that DBR owners only want to hear good things. There are people who provide pros and cons backed by facts and give a fair comparison to comparable projects at the same price nearby. For example, if you say WFW/WFK/Caspian are better for nature lovers due to its proximity to lake/ reservoir or Casa Merah is more exclusive / quiet, Optima has better interior finishing, The Bayshore has more living space compared to DBR; then I think there is nothing DBR owners can say. Instead, you chose to criticize DBR based on 13-y old Simei Green EC which looks only slightly bigger on the map with almost the same number of units ?! :doh:

jitkiat
10-11-09, 08:05
Good morning & thank you acewee.

http://s3media.pleasetakemeto.com/photos/Nsw/Sydney/NoSubRegion/DoubleBay/gallery_1280x768/Double-Bay_008348L.jpg
Double Bay Australia

jitkiat
10-11-09, 15:54
Example of a good architectural structure - the arches in The Bayshore

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/7/5/f/2/75f26850_1_V550.jpg

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/c/9/0/4/c9041253_1_V550.jpg

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/jitkiatt/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-14.jpghttp://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/properties/the-bayshore/06lounge.jpghttp://www.thebayshore.com/images/slide/introimg3.jpg

pengful
10-11-09, 20:03
Hmmm... I don't feel for arches man.

jitkiat
11-11-09, 08:30
http://www.h88.com.sg/directory/condo/the_bayshore/images/the_bayshore_00006.JPG
Hmmm... I don't feel for arches man.
It is the overall coherent design of The Bayshore. Notice the total symmetrical design? Arches are just vertical semi circles. You find semi-circles or circles everywhere in DBR, from one tree island to main pool to the arrangement of enclosing blocks of the main pool, the library, the waterfall catchment and even the sunshades. Hopefully the architect's vision can be well-implemented.

qianfugui
11-11-09, 09:57
http://www.h88.com.sg/directory/condo/the_bayshore/images/the_bayshore_00006.JPG
It is the overall coherent design of The Bayshore. Notice the total symmetrical design? Arches are just vertical semi circles. You find semi-circles or circles everywhere in DBR, from one tree island to main pool to the arrangement of enclosing blocks of the main pool, the library, the waterfall catchment and even the sunshades. Hopefully the architect's vision can be well-implemented.

Good comparison work on Casa Merah and Bayshore men.
I see you are begginning to see in terms of in space/layout coherence and symmetry. Casa Merah still look good because the layout coherence/linear symmetry. The building structures are on either side of facilities area. There is a clear passage of air /wind throughout. For DBR layout/design, (in your own perspective) it is four circles/ semi-circles but placed into a rectangular block of land. The central core may look good - like a colliseum feeling. But the living quarters are all too close and squeezy within that 1/3 of the 346,000 sq ft , the orientation of units also in semi-circle fashion.

No, I'm no fengshui master and I don't own any condo unit in Simei. Hence I don't hold no gribes against DBR owners but just like to kaypo kaypo a bit at time. BTW, I saw that well preserved lone tree (among the DBR construction mess) which is very nice and symmetrical while alighting at Simei Stn. Will visit DBR at TOP time, Ciao !!

jitkiat
11-11-09, 10:36
Good comparison work on Casa Merah and Bayshore men.
I see you are begginning to see in terms of in space/layout coherence and symmetry. Casa Merah still look good because the layout coherence/linear symmetry. The building structures are on either side of facilities area. There is a clear passage of air /wind throughout. For DBR layout/design, (in your own perspective) it is four circles/ semi-circles but placed into a rectangular block of land. The central core may look good - like a colliseum feeling. But the living quarters are all too close and squeezy within that 1/3 of the 346,000 sq ft , the orientation of units also in semi-circle fashion.

No, I'm no fengshui master and I don't own any condo unit in Simei. Hence I don't hold no gribes against DBR owners but just like to kaypo kaypo a bit at time. BTW, I saw that well preserved lone tree (among the DBR construction mess) which is very nice and symmetrical while alighting at Simei Stn. Will visit DBR at TOP time, Ciao !!

This is definitely fair comment. Space/privacy does not come cheap nowadays due to escalating land cost. That's why corner blocks, pool view blocks and those blocks facing the Sunbird landed properties are selling above 700psf. Casa Merah is exclusive/quiet but I think it is lacking of a bit on character/theme.

Other nice projects are The Gardens @ Bishan with a European theme and The Tropica facing south to Bedok Reservoir.

http://www.geomancy.net/review/gardens/topdownviewb.jpghttp://www.geomancy.net/review/tropica/square-withhorseshoe.jpg
http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Public/SM/Media/images/GardensAtBishan.jpg

jitkiat
11-11-09, 11:05
Wonder why people is dying to move out from HDB into condo? There are 4 such paintings scattered around the old HDB blocks in Simei:

jitkiat
12-11-09, 15:39
AFTER tying up with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as its US partner, Singapore's fourth university announced on Thursday that Zhejiang University will be its Chinese counterpart.

The collaboration was inked with a Memorandum of Understanding, one of four which China and Singapore signed at the St Regis Hotel on Thursday morning. Zhejiang University is one of the most prestigious universities in China and is based in the scenic city of Hangzhou. It is regularly ranked third in China, after Beijing University and Qinghua University.

Its tie up with Singapore's fourth university, which has been named the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU) and scheduled to open in 2011, offers students a chance to gain exposure to doing business in China.
Said Singapore Education Minister Ng Eng Hen: 'The linkages that Singapore makes with the world are crucial in preparing Singapore for the future. The Singapore University of Technology and Design will be another node in the global network we want to build.'
Mrs Tan Ching Yee, Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Education, and Chinese Ambassaor Zhang Xiao Kang signed the MOU, witnessed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and visiting Chinese President Hu Jintao, who is here on a state visit and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) leaders meetings.

pengful
12-11-09, 20:39
Today's news

Surbana wins big in HDB awards
It won five HDB design awards and merit awards. -AsiaOne

Wed, Nov 11, 2009
AsiaOne

Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan, presented 12 awards to HDB's outstanding building contractors, suppliers and business partners today.
The HDB Awards recognises its business partners for delivering high standards in public housing projects - in recognition of their commitment towards excellence in architectural designs, innovative and quality finishing, and environmentally sustainable features.
Awards in construction safety were won by China Construction and Thong Huat Brothers Pte Ltd for practising good site safety and achieving excellent safety records.
Four HDB Design Award was won by Surbana International Consultants Pte Ltd for new projects in Seng Kang, and upgrading projects at various areas including Bedok Reservoir Road and Jurong West.
The HDB Quality Award was awarded to China Construction, Kian Hiap Construction, Kienta Engineering Construction, Sim Lian Construction and United Premas Ltd.

The main con for DBR is China Construction. They should be good right?

pengful
12-11-09, 20:41
Wonder why people is dying to move out from HDB into condo? There are 4 such paintings scattered around the old HDB blocks in Simei:

Looks scary to me under dim lighting. Who puts them there?

acewee
12-11-09, 21:12
I thought there are also 4 murals painted on the walls of 4 blocks in simei. Well, simei in mandarin stands for the 4 beauties, right?

Reporter
12-11-09, 22:25
He still dun believe come one day you will never see condo adver under 1000psf.
HDB flat has already hit $674 psf. It may hit $700 psf soon.

So the day where we can't see any condo under $1,000 psf is not unthinkable.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Record $653,000 for flat
Jessica Cheam
The Straits Times
Thursday, 12 November 2009, 10.12 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091112/flat-desmondlim.jpg
Chris Neo (left) and Kelvin Lim (right), seller of the flat Michael Nandakumaran (center), with sold a HDB flat at Blk 48, Strathmore Avenue for a record price of $653k. -- Photo: Desmond Lim, ST

A 4-room Queenstown HDB flat has sold for $653,000, setting a new record for psf, amid continuing red-hot demand for resale flats.

The buyers, a male Indonesian permanent resident and a Singaporean woman, could have bought a condominium unit in an outlying area for the price.

But they were won over by the location, just five minutes walk from Queenstown MRT station, and on the top, 40th floor of the block, with unblocked views of greenery from all windows.

The 4-year-old 969sqft unit at Forfar Heights, Strathmore Avenue, sold for $68,000 above valuation - a level determined by an independent valuer.

This works out to $674 psf, smashing the previous record of $609 psf, achieved in January last year, by about 10%.

This may be an unusually high price but resale prices have been moving up.

pengful
12-11-09, 23:00
HDB flat has already hit $674 psf. It may hit $700 psf soon.

So the day where we can't see any condo under $1,000 psf is not unthinkable.

Can only say 1 word. Siao!

Cactus72
13-11-09, 07:37
AFTER tying up with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as its US partner, Singapore's fourth university announced on Thursday that Zhejiang University will be its Chinese counterpart.

The collaboration was inked with a Memorandum of Understanding, one of four which China and Singapore signed at the St Regis Hotel on Thursday morning. Zhejiang University is one of the most prestigious universities in China and is based in the scenic city of Hangzhou. It is regularly ranked third in China, after Beijing University and Qinghua University.

Its tie up with Singapore's fourth university, which has been named the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU) and scheduled to open in 2011, offers students a chance to gain exposure to doing business in China.
Said Singapore Education Minister Ng Eng Hen: 'The linkages that Singapore makes with the world are crucial in preparing Singapore for the future. The Singapore University of Technology and Design will be another node in the global network we want to build.'
Mrs Tan Ching Yee, Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Education, and Chinese Ambassaor Zhang Xiao Kang signed the MOU, witnessed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and visiting Chinese President Hu Jintao, who is here on a state visit and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) leaders meetings.

Congrats! Does it mean there will be influx of chinese lecturers, students to simei area?

Cactus72
13-11-09, 07:48
Can only say 1 word. Siao!

Yes, think the person is either a goondu or loaded. It is just an outlier...if you want to highlight an outlier, then how about the indian billionaire who bought the penthouse at The Sail @ Marina Bay $15.5million which works out at about $2,650 psf for a 99 year condo?

xebay11
13-11-09, 07:55
Yes, think the person is either a goondu or loaded. It is just an outlier...if you want to highlight an outlier, then how about the indian billionaire who bought the penthouse at The Sail @ Marina Bay $15.5million which works out at about $2,650 psf for a 99 year condo?

These people are not the common folks, they are most likely doing businesses, eg. as a manufacturer and have money flowing in 24/7.

alamak
13-11-09, 09:03

This Indonesian PR is not siao at all. I think he is very wise to pay for convenience and value (40th skyview). HDB and next door Condo are also 99 LH. Maybe just a couple with no kids or family. It is just perfect. Can see that the HDB is nicely done up. He don't have to pay extra for Condo maintenance. If he buy a metropolitan or Ascentia Sky, how much would he pay ? the extra million of dollar he could invest in business or stocks.
Highest psf was almost $5,000 for penthouse in Orchard Residence.

No HDB will not hit $1,000 psf. May be it does in 30 years time when SinKaPore has 13 million population when the PaPaya are no longer in charge, and you have to pay $15 for a bowl of noodle. :D

alamak
13-11-09, 09:47
Today's news

Surbana wins big in HDB awards
It won five HDB design awards and merit awards. -AsiaOne

Wed, Nov 11, 2009
AsiaOne

Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan, presented 12 awards to HDB's outstanding building contractors, suppliers and business partners today.
The HDB Awards recognises its business partners for delivering high standards in public housing projects - in recognition of their commitment towards excellence in architectural designs, innovative and quality finishing, and environmentally sustainable features.
Awards in construction safety were won by China Construction and Thong Huat Brothers Pte Ltd for practising good site safety and achieving excellent safety records.
Four HDB Design Award was won by Surbana International Consultants Pte Ltd for new projects in Seng Kang, and upgrading projects at various areas including Bedok Reservoir Road and Jurong West.
The HDB Quality Award was awarded to China Construction, Kian Hiap Construction, Kienta Engineering Construction, Sim Lian Construction and United Premas Ltd.

The main con for DBR is China Construction. They should be good right?
China Construction has been winning many public (HDB, United World College etc) and private projects( mid-end /hugh end condo) with a big readily pool of imported chinese workers. That why our local builders have been losing out b'cos they depend on the Thai/Myama workers who longer are cheaper than the chinese. Yes, China Construction do good reasonable job (expected under BCA standard) and they are there to do the repair and maintenance quickly/readily because they have a vast pool of workers for projects all over the island. It is the material quality that matters because good workmanship with inferior quality end up the same. I'm sharing this because I stay in a condo built by them - Building quality wise - ok /resonable not much defects. Defects are mainly due to poor inferior chinese-imported material. Wait till you collect your key to decide.

xebay11
13-11-09, 09:53
This Indonesian PR is not siao at all. I think he is very wise to pay for convenience and value (40th skyview). HDB and next door Condo are also 99 LH. Maybe just a couple with no kids or family. It is just perfect. Can see that the HDB is nicely done up. He don't have to pay extra for Condo maintenance. If he buy a metropolitan or Ascentia Sky, how much would he pay ? the extra million of dollar he could invest in business or stocks.

No HDB will not hit $1,000 psf. May be it does in 30 years time when SinKaPore has 13 million population when the PaPaya are no longer in charge, and you have to pay $15 for a bowl of noodle. :D

You hit the nail on the head, it is those idiots who buy 99LH super crampy condos with monthly maintenance fees that are siow.

My ultimate aim in the property road is to stay in HDB, or move back to my landed. LOL

jitkiat
13-11-09, 10:00
Congrats! Does it mean there will be influx of chinese lecturers, students to simei area?

In general, I guess it will benefit both Tanah Merah/Simei/Changi Biz Park/Expo area by giving the area a strong academic atmostphere. This area is still not as congested as East coast, hopefully it will remain so for next 10 years.

jitkiat
13-11-09, 10:21
China Construction has been winning many public (HDB, United World College etc) and private projects( mid-end /hugh end condo) with a big readily pool of imported chinese workers. That why our local builders have been losing out b'cos they depend on the Thai/Myama workers who longer are cheaper than the chinese. Yes, China Construction do good reasonable job (expected under BCA standard) and they are there to do the repair and maintenance quickly/readily because they have a vast pool of workers for projects all over the island. It is the material quality that matters because good workmanship with inferior quality end up the same. I'm sharing this because I stay in a condo built by them - Building quality wise - ok /resonable not much defects. Defects are mainly due to poor inferior chinese-imported material. Wait till you collect your key to decide.

I think ultimately it is the property developer that is responsible for selection of material. I remember UOL chief were saying DBR is using material comparable to D10 in the press release. Hopefully they don't give us lousy stuff then it does not look very good on them right?

The_Way_I_See_It
13-11-09, 12:11
I think ultimately it is the property developer that is responsible for selection of material. I remember UOL chief were saying DBR is using material comparable to D10 in the press release. Hopefully they don't give us lousy stuff then it does not look very good on them right?

Developers can promise you shark fin and change to ikan bilis soup. Unless yours is a super premium hor, else no gurantee. I was at the show flat. The Kitchen cabinets and the bedroom wardrobes was really a big let-down. Very Cheap and old fashion , un-functional and really not comparable to any other show flats. If that the kind of standard, pray pray the rest are OK. Sorri for being frank. Does'nt always have to say nice things to owners here.

jwong71
13-11-09, 13:39

Haha.. 13million population,if only got more reclaimed land. Dreams may come true:D

beemer75
13-11-09, 13:48
I hope Im not old school but I was pleasantly happy with the showroom quality. (I qualify I hv not been to many show rooms.) I was considering Casa Merah but after I compared the quality (cabinets, bathroom fittings, even the oven etc), CM is so many notches below DBR. (No offence to CM owners - I do like CM's location)

I hope the final product will be comparable to the showroom (of cos not all items will be there) as what the Agent confirmed will be present. (The agent had been quite frank. Told me what wld be there, what wldnt be).

shespawn
13-11-09, 14:24
different people have different taste and preferences, you can't please anyone. just like some hate bathtubs, some love bathtubs.

pengful
13-11-09, 19:50
I hope Im not old school but I was pleasantly happy with the showroom quality. (I qualify I hv not been to many show rooms.) I was considering Casa Merah but after I compared the quality (cabinets, bathroom fittings, even the oven etc), CM is so many notches below DBR. (No offence to CM owners - I do like CM's location)

I hope the final product will be comparable to the showroom (of cos not all items will be there) as what the Agent confirmed will be present. (The agent had been quite frank. Told me what wld be there, what wldnt be).

I'm ok with the quality. Have seen worse quality from FEO's mass market developments.

fourth
13-11-09, 22:19
Check out latest 4 transactions from URA in Simei (existing close to DBR). 700psf is breached.

Price Sq ft psf
SIMEI GREEN CONDO 745,000 1,249 597 Oct-09
TROPICAL SPRING 1,047,200 1,496 700 Oct-09
EASTPOINT GREEN 765,000 1,130 677 Oct-09
MODENA 848,000 1,410 601 Oct-09

Reporter
13-11-09, 22:50
Check out latest 4 transactions from URA in Simei (existing close to DBR). 700psf is breached.

Price Sq ft psf
SIMEI GREEN CONDO 745,000 1,249 597 Oct-09
TROPICAL SPRING 1,047,200 1,496 700 Oct-09
EASTPOINT GREEN 765,000 1,130 677 Oct-09
MODENA 848,000 1,410 601 Oct-09
Simei Green Condominium . $608k . 969sqft . $628psf . 5 Oct 09

Wow!
Even EC is doing above $600 psf.

kane
13-11-09, 22:56
cos HDB already breach 600psf ma.

Reporter
13-11-09, 23:17
cos HDB already breach 600psf ma.
Actually the highest psf for an EC primary sale - $667 psf - was recorded by the fully-sold La Casa in OCR Woodlands. It is probably the last EC on the market. The quality is better than some normal condos.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
La Casa ............ OCR ........ 441 .......................... 21 .............................. 667 ............... 569 ............... 521

kane
14-11-09, 00:07
Actually the highest psf for an EC primary sale - $667 psf - was recorded by the fully-sold La Casa in OCR Woodlands. It is probably the last EC on the market. The quality is better than some normal condos.

la casa so far also get 667?? then again, just think who's the developer... the one who's best at setting record prices.

la casa everything ok, except their multistorey carpark staircase, looks like makeshift staircase with the metal steps.

pengful
14-11-09, 09:28
la casa so far also get 667?? then again, just think who's the developer... the one who's best at setting record prices.

la casa everything ok, except their multistorey carpark staircase, looks like makeshift staircase with the metal steps.

Far East lah....;)

jitkiat
14-11-09, 09:47

Welcome beemer, which stack you have bought?

beemer75
15-11-09, 01:43
hallo JK

stack 33.

not many units left and I hope the west sun wldnt be so bad.

Welcome beemer, which stack you have bought?

ahlahdin
15-11-09, 02:02
hallo JK

stack 33.

well, do what you did to your "beemer" (it's bimmer, actually) and put V-Kool on your windows!:D

jinxminx99
15-11-09, 20:10
The notice in front of DBR mentions estimated date of completion to be 16 May 2012. Do you think it will be up by this date?

shespawn
15-11-09, 20:44
hallo JK

stack 33.

my current house is also west facing. doesn't really bother me, because by the time i get home, it's not warm. my bedrooms and living room all faces west.

shespawn
15-11-09, 20:46
The notice in front of DBR mentions estimated date of completion to be 16 May 2012. Do you think it will be up by this date?

haha, of course it has to be by this date. China construction cannot damage their reputation after getting awards. i think the latest getting our keys will be by August 2012.

jitkiat
15-11-09, 22:01
hallo JK

stack 33.

For stack 33, little west sun & no morning sun from March to August ... more afternoon sun from September to February into living/bedrooms as well as morning sun into toilets but moderated by the rainy season. As a matter of fact, how much sunlight one prefers typically depends on individuals, whether your body is "heaty" or not. Not everybody is suitable to live at direct north-south facing unit as it is typically very dark and wet which is bad for cold type of rheumatism.

tanumy
15-11-09, 22:21
Jikiat:
U r gr8 in terms of knowledge and nice to read ur articles. Keep up t gd work. What u think of stack 27, 28, 34? pls advise.

For stack 33, little west sun & no morning sun from March to August ... more afternoon sun from September to February into living/bedrooms as well as morning sun into toilets but moderated by the rainy season. As a matter of fact, how much sunlight one prefers typically depends on individuals, whether your body is "heaty" or not. Not everybody is suitable to live at direct north-south facing unit as it is typically very dark and wet which is bad for cold type of rheumatism.

jitkiat
16-11-09, 08:40
Jikiat:
What u think of stack 27, 28, 34? pls advise.

Stack 34 almost the same as stack 33. Stack 27/28 are north-facing but facing the curve of Simei St 3, low floors may receive headlight from vehicles at night. People who believe in fengshui might need to seek advice before buying.

jinxminx99
16-11-09, 08:49
what about stack 30?

jitkiat
16-11-09, 09:17
what about stack 30?

Stack 30 will get less west sun compared to stack 33/34, mainly from Oct-Feb into your living/bedrooms. A little morning sun into your toilets from March - July. If developers do give the horizontal / vertical sunshades, it should be effective enough.

Reporter
16-11-09, 14:07
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Double Bay Residences . OCR ........ 583 ......................... 8 ................................ 746 ............... 717 ................ 686
Only 90% sold.

Still can't break high of $898 psf.

pengful
16-11-09, 19:12
Only 90% sold.

Not now.... perhaps after TOP and when all the nearby facilities are built.

shespawn
16-11-09, 21:24
Only 90% sold.

compare to other new developments, DBR has done pretty well. DBR is launched much later than Waterfront waves and livia. Livia launched in july 08 but only 86% sold till date. Waterfront waves launched in 08 feb, sold 89%.
DBR in 8 mths, sold 90%.

tanumy
16-11-09, 22:11
Jikiat: U bought which stack????

Stack 30 will get less west sun compared to stack 33/34, mainly from Oct-Feb into your living/bedrooms. A little morning sun into your toilets from March - July. If developers do give the horizontal / vertical sunshades, it should be effective enough.

jitkiat
17-11-09, 08:00
Jikiat: U bought which stack????

2br @ stack 4, near the main drop off facing TS.

tanumy
17-11-09, 21:31
Jikiat: personally which stack u prefer from stack 27, 28 and 30.

2br @ stack 4, near the main drop off facing TS.

pengful
17-11-09, 23:08
Jikiat: personally which stack u prefer from stack 27, 28 and 30.

Of course 30. Take 27 and 28 to face carpark for what?

jinxminx99
18-11-09, 22:28
:confused: how does stack 27 and 28 face carpark? I believe stack 27 and 28 face the HDB, and stack 30 faces the waterfall / concealed carpark.