PDA

View Full Version : Mi Casa (D23, 99 Years, Far East Organization)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Kenshinto80
14-04-09, 21:03
my friend living in a hillview condo facing the pool complained that it is damn noisy with kids playing in it during weekend so i don't understand what so good about pool facing. i would rather have greenery facing which is more peaceful to look at...just my opinion

Choose very high floors to minimise noise and if you hate children. What's wrong with pool view and kids? Many of my friends and colleagues like Pool view. Unless your condo is facing the sea or lake, other views such as "greenery" are just normal....and if you define greenery as natural reserve type, you may encounter many weird insects inside your home.......just my humble and personal opinion.

rayray
14-04-09, 22:09
I think there is no right and wrong. It's up to the owner preference of stay which they are comfortable.
I have a friend who like pool view but he will select a unit from level 5 to 7 only. His main explanation "why select higher level, you will pay more, your view from balcony is looking at opposite stack (if we are talking about those development with a pool in the middle, stacks at opposite side) and worse, when you look down, the pool view become smaller"

jonleelk
14-04-09, 22:39
I also will take a condo with pool view. A bit of water sound will add a resort feeling to the home. :)

vale
14-04-09, 23:05
I also will take a condo with pool view. A bit of water sound will add a resort feeling to the home. :)

I have a friend whose low-floor neighbour stays just beside a water feature/waterfall beside the pool, he was complaining abt the water sound which last >12hrs/day ! :scared-1:

Anyway, if there is no good external view, a pool view is the next best, but provided it is not the shallow end, jacuzzi or the kids pool, and u are far/high enough to consider that as noise.

franzmark
14-04-09, 23:36
sometimes people go for pool view just becoz everybody say pool view is the best or has the best value. hillington green in hillview was built based on that idea and every unit is facing the pool and the back of every building is facing the outside (you can see the ugly exterior of the building when you drive past with all the aircon latches and kitchen area). i think a lot of residents there are complaining about the noise level from the pool. unless their kids are among the noise makers then it will be a joy for them to watch their kids wilding away at the pool. the entire project has the ugliest facade from the outside as the developers want to give the residents so called the "best facing" of pool view so they discount on the exterior look of the project which is a big mistake in my opinion....

I have a friend whose low-floor neighbour stays just beside a water feature/waterfall beside the pool, he was complaining abt the water sound which last >12hrs/day ! :scared-1:

Anyway, if there is no good external view, a pool view is the next best, but provided it is not the shallow end, jacuzzi or the kids pool, and u are far/high enough to consider that as noise.

rayray
15-04-09, 17:46
According to CNA, URA latest data shown Mi Casa with 101 units sold.:confused:

Source : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/422499/1/.html

jonleelk
15-04-09, 23:12
According to CNA, URA latest data shown Mi Casa with 101 units sold.:confused:

Source : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/422499/1/.html

That is for the month of march only, which means only the first weekend of softlaunch. 101 units looks reasonable.

Public launch was only last weekend, 11-apr.

Condorich
18-04-09, 05:09
In Today newspaper yesterday, it was advertised as 180 units sold...

Any comments? Can anyone still get the 16 percent max discount as advertised?

:beats-me-man:

Condorich
19-04-09, 20:47
I don't think that the discount is still available. Anyway that is confidential and once you agreed on the option price, nothing much you can do.

Sometimes the developer gives preferential prices such as loyalty discount if you are repeat customer and also special discount/commissions if you make successful referrals.

Got these info from the web. Anyone have current updated prices?

Prices and Availability:

2bedroom : 1020 – 1292sqft (38units), from $640k
2bedroom + S : 1120 – 1146sqft (65units), from $700k
3bedroom : 1260sqft – 1343sqft (169), from $780k
3bedroom + S : 1301 – 2217sqft (136), from $800k
4bedroom : 1384-2316sqft (49), from $858k
Indicative price from $620 - $640psf upward

Legal Disclaimer:
Prices subject to change without notice.

mr funny
21-04-09, 13:48
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_366206.html

April 21, 2009 Tuesday

New showflats pull in crowds

Condo-style flats popular; private homes see encouraging sales

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090421/TheArte-CDL.jpg
Despite the recession, many were checking out new housing projects over the weekend. The Arte attracted about 1,000 people and another 20 units were sold over the weekend for $30 million, said its developer. -- PHOTO: CITY DEVELOPMENTS

THOUSANDS of people flocked to check out some of the new housing developments on sale over the weekend, scenes more reminiscent of a boom, not a recession.

As one industry watcher told The Straits Times: 'The mass market is still moving. If you price it correctly and reasonably, people will still buy.'

The hottest ticket in town was clearly the Parc Lumiere project, which drew an astonishing 6,500 visitors over the weekend.

Buyers had begun queueing last Friday before its viewing period started on Saturday, with 829 people eventually in the line for flats in the estate, which is being developed under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS).

There was no balloting for the project: Just turn up and book.

Developer Sim Lian Group said it has already sold 306 units out of a total of 360. All the four-room flats, priced between $378,000 and $425,000, have been sold.

Only the low-floor five-room flats are left. The five-roomers are priced from $462,000 to $575,000.

'After going through Premiere @ Tampines, we thought we would try another way of selling. When you do it by ballot, a lot of people just try for fun. A lot who were keen didn't get the chance to book,' said Sim Lian executive director Diana Kuik.

But some potential buyers felt the walk-in selection sale method, essentially a first-come, first-served sale, was inconvenient. One said the sale came at too short a notice for him to take leave to queue. A parent said her son had been waiting for the project but was travelling in Europe.

Sim Lian said it has had feedback from happy buyers, including a pair of siblings happy to get a unit next to each other.

The second DBSS project, The Peak @ Toa Payoh, also had a busy weekend with 1,711 applications lodged as of 6pm yesterday for the 1,203 units.

This project by developer Hoi Hup Sunway is being sold by ballot, with applications open until next Tuesday.

About 22,500 people had visited the showflat from last Wednesday until it closed yesterday, said Ms Kellie Liew, executive director of projects at HSR Property Group, the marketing agent for The Peak. More than half of the applicants are interested in the five-room flats, with about 30 per cent looking at the four-roomers, she said.

In the private home market, the freehold The Arte in Jalan Datoh attracted about 1,000 people over the weekend, said developer City Developments (CDL).

The average price at the 336-unit project - which boasts relatively large flats - is $880 psf, with most units going for under $2 million each.

CDL said it sold another 20 units over the weekend for $30 million, bringing total sales to 170.

'The sales volume indicates that buyers have greater confidence in the property market and in the future of their investment,' said CDL group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong.

'This reinforces CDL's view that the current market is now attracting savvy but cautious investors.'

A large number of buyers have private home addresses, he said, with many saying they want to invest in another property or to move into a 'new and upscale residence'. CDL said it has extended the interest absorption scheme to these buyers.

Two other large projects that were launched last month also saw encouraging sales.

A further 22 apartments were sold at the 457-unit Mi Casa condominium in Choa Chu Kang in the past week, bringing total sales to 202 units. Prices hovered around $635 psf.

More than half of the 646 units at Double Bay Residences in Simei have been sold. This was the best-selling project last month, with 264 units being bought.

About 60 per cent of the 68-unit Verdure in Holland Roadhas also been sold since its preview more than a week ago.

[email protected]

jonleelk
21-04-09, 14:52
With only 44% of Mi Casa sold...good luck to those who bought it during the soft launch without doing market research and intending to flip. Those who bought to stay should be fine.

Guess when the FEO agent told me 150 units sold during the first week of public launch, he was referring to total 150 units sold since soft launch, not 150 units sold during the public launch. Apologise for the mis-info. :p

Condorich
22-04-09, 09:30
With only 44% of Mi Casa sold...good luck to those who bought it during the soft launch without doing market research and intending to flip. Those who bought to stay should be fine.

Guess when the FEO agent told me 150 units sold during the first week of public launch, he was referring to total 150 units sold since soft launch, not 150 units sold during the public launch. Apologise for the mis-info. :p

Still too early to say... not wise if the reason to buy is only for flipping... you flip first if no takers :doh: ... different story if flippers buy with means to finance it through to at least TOP or beyond... (worst case is self stay...)

No body is really certain if the project will be a winner, if so certain, you will see long long ques (but even for those, there are winners and losers...)

Just like horse betting... you will know who are the likely winners when the horses are nearing the finishing line. :2cents: You can speak for certain when the horses crosses the finishing line.

propertysale01
23-04-09, 08:45
Dear all bros and sisters,

205 units has been snapped up. For 2 bedrooms, there are currently no more units left for sale. (This shows that bulk of the purchasers are mostly property investors as they are more catered to foreigners and expatriates residing in CCK area) For 2 + S bedrooms, there are still available but limited units left.

For viewing and interested appointments for showflat experience.

Kindly contact me Aaron at 90287921 for a showflat experience.

Thanks and regards.
Aaron.

Condorich
23-04-09, 08:53
Check on the unit types and distribution

http://www.micasachoachukang.com/mi-casa-condo-unit-types.html

Been there on 11 Apr 09. Was told that 2 bedders were all sold out then. What's new other than new units released for sale last week.

:spliff2: :spliff2: :spliff2:

propertysale01
24-04-09, 23:36
Last updated: 24th April 2009.

The newly-launched Mi Casa condominium brings Grecian grace and a Mediteeranean touch to the heartlands.
Text: Foo Yong Han.

Mediterranean mystique

The First Private residential in Choa Chu Kang Town Centre Since 2001.
Far East Organisation's Mi Casa offers the perfect mix of convenience, accessibility and tranquility.
MiCasa is strategically located just 5 mins away from Choa Chu Kang MRT and LRT stations, bus interchange, Community library and bustling Lot 1 Shopper's Mall. It is also at the conflunence of major arterial roads and expressways such Choa Chu Kang Road, Choa Chu Kang Way and Krangi Expressway.
Yet, despite its central location, Mi Casa still preserves an air of serenity with Choa Chu Kang Park at its border. Aptly named Mi Casa ("My Home" in Spanish), the Far East Organisation development is designed to resemble the stark white homes on picturesque Greek islands like Santorini and Mykonos. Enhancing the Mediterranean theme are purpose-built private islands - platforms that float on the water, with a small causeway linking them to the "mainland". On these idyllic islets, couples can enjoy some private moments or families can hold barbecue cookouts as these islands are equipped with a kitchen, stove, ovens , refrigerators and ice makers. There is also a villa which families can opt to use, with a large patio and an exclusive plunge pool.
The 457-unit Mi Casa offers two bedrooms units from 990 sq ft, two bedroom plus one study units from 1119 sqft, three bedroom units from 1250 sqft, three bedroom unit plus one study units from 1281 sqft and four bedroom units from 1356 sqft in all, the development consists of nine towers.
Mi Casa is the first new private condominium project that the Choa Chu Kang town centre has seen in eight years. Far East Organisation acquired the site in May 2008. the last two Government land sales in the Choa Chu Kang town centre were The Warren in 2001 and Northvale in 1994. The Warren was launched in end 2001, with all its 699 units sold within 3 weeks of its soft launch.
Far East Organisation's Chief Operating Officer, Property Sales, Chia Boon Kuah says, "Currently, there are no new sites available in Choa Chu Kang town centre under the Government land sales programme. We believe that Mi Casa is an attractive value proposition to HDB upgraders and private- residence owners in the neighbourhood who want a well-finished and contemporarily designed home town centre location that's close to the MRT and shopping centre."
At press time, upgraders accounted for 80 per cent of Mi Casa buyers. Buyers comprised mostly entrepreneurs and professionals, including teachers and engineers, upgrading from the surrounding Choa Chu Kang, Yew Tee, Bukit Batok and Teck Whye areas.
A number of Mi Casa buyes were also owners of landed properties in the vincity who were buying units for investment and for their children.
Mi Casa also attracted foreign buyers. Some nine per cent of buyers were Chinese nationals and permanent residents, another three per cent from Malaysia.
Zhang Bei Chao, a Singaporean permanent resident (PR) from China, was among the first to sign up for a unit with a three bedroom layout, " As i live at Choa Chu Kang Street 53, close to where the development is,it was not surprising that it caught my interest. Morever, my wife and i have been talking about moving to a private estate for some time now and the availability of the development could not have been timelier," informs Mr Zhang.
Mr Zhang currently lives with his wife in a four-room HDB flat and the couple instantly warmed up to Mi Casa when they saw the showflat, " We loved the decor, the views facing the park and the water-themed facilities," he points out.
The Mediterranean-styled concept for MiCasa was the clincher for Singapore PR Nadeem Farooq and his Singapore wife, Sakinah. The couple rside near the development on a landed property that is adjacent to South View Primary School. For them, the two - bedroom unit was purchased as an investment. " We are still happy with our present home and see the development as a wonderful investment opportunity. We are also considering renting it out," he explains.
For buyers like Messrs Zhang and Nadeem, their reasons for living it up at Mi Casa may be different but their decisions are the same - the eventual acquisition of a quality unit inspired by Mediterranean magic. LM.

Would be stationed at MiCasa tomorrow

Interested party: Please call 90287921. Thanks.

25-04-09, 14:21
Check on the unit types and distribution

http://www.micasachoachukang.com/mi-casa-condo-unit-types.html

Been there on 11 Apr 09. Was told that 2 bedders were all sold out then. What's new other than new units released for sale last week.

:spliff2: :spliff2: :spliff2:

up till now wat the sales like ?any idea?

Regulators
25-04-09, 14:46
i would rather live in a big exec hdb flat near lot 1 than buy into a cock condo like mi casa.

Condorich
25-04-09, 19:40
sorry, not an agent, call the advertised number there, should have an answer. You could also let us know after that.

I got to know that 4 bedders are released for sale and there were indeed buyers, but I am not from FEO, call them and check it out if interested.

Condorich
25-04-09, 19:43
i would rather live in a big exec hdb flat near lot 1 than buy into a cock condo like mi casa.

It is your choice. Nobody asked for it. Free food and stay in Prisons. ;)

TrebleClef
27-04-09, 16:58
I was there yesterday, selling like hot cakes..3 bedroom abt 750K! its behind army camp leh..

28-04-09, 17:51
I was there yesterday, selling like hot cakes..3 bedroom abt 750K! its behind army camp leh..

selling like hot cakes?really? wat e pulling power??:tsk-tsk:

franzmark
29-04-09, 00:30
Maybe your encik or CO can buy the condo...:doh: :doh: :doh:

jonleelk
29-04-09, 09:11
Was told FEO will be increasing price for MiCasa today...:beats-me-man:

Condorich
29-04-09, 16:09
Was told FEO will be increasing price for MiCasa today...:beats-me-man:

Any updates on prices? Normal for developer to up the price by a bit so that the buyers would exercise their Options. If they lower it, the buyers would not be happy and could possibly walk away. Maybe increase by $1 per psf would also make the buyers happy.

:2cents:

proud owner
29-04-09, 16:21
Any updates on prices? Normal for developer to up the price by a bit so that the buyers would exercise their Options. If they lower it, the buyers would not be happy and could possibly walk away. Maybe increase by $1 per psf would also make the buyers happy.

:2cents:

thats a very valid and interest thought ... you'll never know how the developer's mind works ...

and knowing sporeans ... crowded means 'cheap' .. expensive means 'good'

govt knows sporeans well ... developers know sporeans even better

01-05-09, 21:48
thats a very valid and interest thought ... you'll never know how the developer's mind works ...

and knowing sporeans ... crowded means 'cheap' .. expensive means 'good'

govt knows sporeans well ... developers know sporeans even better

haha..u hit the jackpot :expert:

Condorich
01-05-09, 22:45
haha..u hit the jackpot :expert:

hmm...... but things have changed, land cost is higher, development cost is higher... Though $6XX plus psf can still get city fringe projects... 999 or FH some more...., they are not exactly near to MRT types. D12,13,14 can try... Woodsville28 $7xx plus only.

If Caspian is around $6XX psf, personally, I would think that CCK is a better choice. Up to individuals... the same goes for cars, if you need a transport, a cherrrry QQ would get you there as compared to a million dollar sports car.

Are you saying that those sports car owners are fools? Up to individual lah, if they lose money, it is also their luck. if they make money.... it is their smart choice. :OldFart:

proud owner
02-05-09, 12:24
hmm...... but things have changed, land cost is higher, development cost is higher... Though $6XX plus psf can still get city fringe projects... 999 or FH some more...., they are not exactly near to MRT types. D12,13,14 can try... Woodsville28 $7xx plus only.

If Caspian is around $6XX psf, personally, I would think that CCK is a better choice. Up to individuals... the same goes for cars, if you need a transport, a cherrrry QQ would get you there as compared to a million dollar sports car.

Are you saying that those sports car owners are fools? Up to individual lah, if they lose money, it is also their luck. if they make money.... it is their smart choice. :OldFart:
its been almost 3yrs since i moved out of CCK area ...
this morning say Micasa adverts ...hhmmm in the map, they didnt mention the mosque nearby as well ???

or has the mosque been moved away ??

gonk
02-05-09, 13:59
Its still there...though some distance away....maybe 2 to 3 hundred metres...

jonleelk
02-05-09, 20:04
Its still there...though some distance away....maybe 2 to 3 hundred metres...

And most likely will be "sheltered" by a future condo development.

rayray
02-05-09, 20:19
Today ST shown more than 220 units sold, coming near to 50% sold on this project.

02-05-09, 20:59

if u put mi casa vs caspian..i would pick caspian..:spliff:

rayray
02-05-09, 22:28
if u put mi casa vs caspian..i would pick caspian..:spliff:

I will pick Mi Casa more than Caspian.

proud owner
02-05-09, 23:52
I will pick Mi Casa more than Caspian.

well they didnt showing the mosque which is 200-300 m away ..but they show the MRT which is abt 150 -250 m away ?

they also didnt show the railway track behind .. ???

check around, potential buyers ... dont wait till you move in to find the mosque 'music' and cars parked along the road on fridays ....

and the train back and forth from malaysia ...about 4 times a day ? i think last train is like midnight ...

rayray
03-05-09, 09:43
well they didnt showing the mosque which is 200-300 m away ..but they show the MRT which is abt 150 -250 m away ?

check around, potential buyers ... dont wait till you move in to find the mosque 'music' and cars parked along the road on fridays ....

and the train back and forth from malaysia ...about 4 times a day ? i think last train is like midnight ...

YES and NO on the map.

Yes, the map missed the mosque and there will be slight traffic inconvenienced on every Friday afternoon.

No, on the railway tracks, it's a far distance away from Mi Casa compared to Yew Mei Green, Windermere and The Quintet.

darkromeo
03-05-09, 23:07
er i think if you look far north, rosewood is much better deal than mi casa.....er and caspian offer more better stuff than what Far East Mi Casa is giving....:)

Condorich
04-05-09, 08:07
er i think if you look far north, rosewood is much better deal than mi casa.....er and caspian offer more better stuff than what Far East Mi Casa is giving....:)

this is not Far North uncle!

One of the lowest PSF islandwide and in the north is northoaks!

The Mosque thing is ok lah.. it will be blocked when the new development comes up years later. You can enjoy the unblock view for years till the sale of land beside it.... usually will be at or above the price of land for your condo... (Govt sets reserve price and the successful bidder pays what is acceptable to the Govt. Otherwise, Govt is better off to keep the land for sale later...) do you think the reserve price would be much lower? Not likely.

if new land released is much higher, you get a chance to enjoy what the warren and northvale folks are enjoying right now... MI CASA has resulted in their asking price close or matching MI CASA (one old and the other under construction). Next part is the matching with buyers... where there would be some discounts to close the deal.

Nowdays, many projects near Church, Mosque, Temple and others...As long as your unit is not looking directly into the Mosque, Church, Temple, still can live with it.. the factors are priced in...

Personally, I have viewed a HDB 5 room unit, 3rd floor and right next to a Mosque....looking directly into the Mosque... it took >3 years to offload it at a huge discount to market prices then. But next block to it never had such problem... even enjoy price appreciation. It really depends on what is considered close.... (5 meters?) versus 200 - 300 meters (which is not exactly close). The HDB blocks across the road is closer. Check out their resale prices.

:scared-4:

Snail
05-05-09, 15:05

The train to/from Malaysia is 800m away, behind buildings and an embankment so i think this is the least of the issues to bear in mind.

proud owner
05-05-09, 15:44
The train to/from Malaysia is 800m away, behind buildings and an embankment so i think this is the least of the issues to bear in mind.

cool

just pray that in future when you need to sell Micasa...you can convince the potential buyer the same way

apple3
06-05-09, 00:30
cool

just pray that in future when you need to sell Micasa...you can convince the potential buyer the same way

I like you reply.

But anyway, are we comparing between Caspian & Mi Casa? If so,
don't need to compare too much lah. Compare developer can already..

FCL vs FEO? Need to chose meh.. Mi Casa MSC right?

Condorich
06-05-09, 06:42
I like you reply.

But anyway, are we comparing between Caspian & Mi Casa? If so,
don't need to compare too much lah. Compare developer can already..

FCL vs FEO? Need to chose meh.. Mi Casa MSC right?

Yes, and one comes with a better finishing than the other.... and much nearer to the MRT.... However, one is much much further away from town though the other is also quite far but not as far.

The sales speak for itself... one is 85% sold and the other 50%? (update with new figures appreciated) Anyway to each his own... If I want to consider Caspian, I would try to wait for the release of land next to it... at least got chance to get lake view units and unblocked! If I want to consider MICASA, I would try to wait for the price to come down...

Between the two.. mainly for hdb upgraders and self stay... which is a better choice would be revealed in time. If you know for certain, then choose. If you can afford it... D9,10,11 FH is a better investment choice. Added plus if it is near to MRT or walking distance to MRT? Should be looking at $1000 psf and above...

Regulators
06-05-09, 08:16
micasa n caspian, both cock condos, better off buying hdb flat at better locations since they r all 99yr LH. Any one of those dbss projects already better than caspian n micasa

proud owner
06-05-09, 08:51
micasa n caspian, both cock condos, better off buying hdb flat at better locations since they r all 99yr LH. Any one of those dbss projects already better than caspian n micasa

there are cheaper 99 yr condos in Yew tee ... at least 3 existing condos ... going at 450-480 psf ... walking distance to MRT, shops, wet and dry mkt, supermkt ...park connector ..

but Micasa and caspian buyers are singaporean mah ......hence New means good, Long queue means cheap and good , while Cheap means lousy ... :tongue3:

09-05-09, 22:46
:p
there are cheaper 99 yr condos in Yew tee ... at least 3 existing condos ... going at 450-480 psf ... walking distance to MRT, shops, wet and dry mkt, supermkt ...park connector ..

but Micasa and caspian buyers are singaporean mah ......hence New means good, Long queue means cheap and good , while Cheap means lousy ... :tongue3:

sama sama lah,bro..most of us here are also singaporeans..:p :p :p

proud owner
10-05-09, 03:42
:p

sama sama lah,bro..most of us here are also singaporeans..:p :p :p

true

but there are some more experienced in property market than others
:tongue3:

rayray
13-05-09, 10:48
Look at the April URA transaction, there is even someone purchased a unit at 707 psf for a floor area of 1292 sqft:scared-1:

Is our country in technical recession:confused:

Antz621
13-05-09, 11:14
Look at the April URA transaction, there is even someone purchased a unit at 707 psf for a floor area of 1292 sqft:scared-1:

The country itself? Maybe.

The brains of most kiasu Singaporeans? Are. :D

jonleelk
13-05-09, 12:30

Most of micasa pool view #10 onwards are 7++ psf. :simmering:

proud owner
13-05-09, 12:37

more expensive than FH in dist 5 ...:doh:

dtrax
13-05-09, 12:39

That's cash-rich kiasu singaporeans for you :)

proud owner
13-05-09, 13:25
That's cash-rich kiasu singaporeans for you :)

they claim its near shopping mall, MRT, school etc ..

so IF their children manage to make it to higher level like university/poly .. will this generation of buyers flock to dist 5 / 10 ???

Autonomy
13-05-09, 13:37
they claim its near shopping mall, MRT, school etc ..

so IF their children manage to make it to higher level like university/poly .. will this generation of buyers flock to dist 5 / 10 ???

I think by then they are old enough to travel on they own. Parents are only concern when their kids are very young. Especially when choosing their primary school, they need to meet certain criteria to stand a higher chance of getting into the better schools. One of the criteria is within 1km of the school.

So i guess parents being parents will flock to somewhere near to the so call good schools hoping their children will get a good head start and achieve greatness later on in their life haha....

beverly
13-05-09, 13:39

the non-pool view high floor (12 flr) is already 680 psf, definitely pool view high floor will be 700 psf and above.

I know of a couple who bought a 3 bedroom (not 3+1) for 860k at MiCasa, children are in their teens already and looks like they want to settle down for good in this area though the wife ( stay home mom ) told me "can flip" until i told her that with that price she can afford a 3 bedder in D21 of the same size.

jitkiat
13-05-09, 13:54

No wonder SouthBank can sell for 1000 psf.

Regulators
13-05-09, 14:45
:doh: :doh: :doh: The guy who paid 860k for the 3 bedder at mi casa is a nut. someone in the One St Michael thread just said he bought a 3 bedder on #2x floor for 850k and that is city fringe in boon keng area...

the non-pool view high floor (12 flr) is already 680 psf, definitely pool view high floor will be 700 psf and above.

I know of a couple who bought a 3 bedroom (not 3+1) for 860k at MiCasa, children are in their teens already and looks like they want to settle down for good in this area though the wife ( stay home mom ) told me "can flip" until i told her that with that price she can afford a 3 bedder in D21 of the same size.

beverly
13-05-09, 15:27
:doh: :doh: :doh: The guy who paid 860k for the 3 bedder at mi casa is a nut. someone in the One St Michael thread just said he bought a 3 bedder on #2x floor for 850k and that is city fringe in boon keng area...

they rushed down to buy on the first day of pre-launch somemore ..
happened to bump into the wife who told me about it .. and i told her that the surrounding condos in CCK are only about 500/5++ psf, she asked how did I find out, told her to google and check first .. it's true that mi casa is near lot one ( lot one itself has a lot of amenties), MRT .. but the price itself is just way too high .. if it is 5++ psf, am sure it is worth it.

vale
13-05-09, 23:27
happened to bump into the wife who told me about it .. and i told her that the surrounding condos in CCK are only about 500/5++ psf, she asked how did I find out, told her to google and check first .. it's true that mi casa is near lot one ( lot one itself has a lot of amenties), MRT .. but the price itself is just way too high .. if it is 5++ psf, am sure it is worth it.

They are just plain rich, period.

FEO is very lucky to have so many rich people supporting them over the years :beats-me-man:

Regulators
14-05-09, 01:09
wah lau, husband sotong wife also sotong. Anyway if they have moolah just let them throw lor, i personally would not want to live n die in cck. Too near my stupid army camp whch wud gv me nightmares bout army.

jitkiat
14-05-09, 09:47
wah lau, husband sotong wife also sotong. Anyway if they have moolah just let them throw lor, i personally would not want to live n die in cck. Too near my stupid army camp whch wud gv me nightmares bout army.

Some are too rich to care what prices they bought:

INDIAN billionaire Bhupendra Kumar Modi moved into his $15.46 million penthouse at Marina Bay on Wednesday and immediately set about unpacking some ambitious plans for his new home country.

The founder and chairman of conglomerate Spice Group - it has interests in telecommunications, technology, financial services and entertainment - has set up two funds worth more than $100 million to invest here.

gfoo
14-05-09, 10:25
lol. 63rd floor. i bumped into fella's maid yesterday who was trying to get the Sail cleaning staff to part time daily - helped translate to chinese nat'ls.

3 staff, 2 hours per day. big place man

proud owner
14-05-09, 10:29
lol. 63rd floor. i bumped into fella's maid yesterday who was trying to get the Sail cleaning staff to part time daily - helped translate to chinese nat'ls.

3 staff, 2 hours per day. big place man

waaa gfoo...

you have arrived ... soon you will be mixing with the 'there already' people ...

beverly
14-05-09, 10:35

To each its own .. they have a liking at CCK since they have been staying there for more than 10 years and the convenience is within walking distance in terms of all sorts of amenities ( the mall itself is good enough for the family, 24 hr clinics, education hub opp , etc , ) though price is steep.

gfoo
14-05-09, 10:36
waaa gfoo...

you have arrived ... soon you will be mixing with the 'there already' people ...

harlow, i spoke to the MAID....

if the spice king is really bringing all the bollywood stars to entertain in his place, i will bribe the concierge. if sushmita sen or aish come in, quickly sms me. i will ride in the lift with them up and down, up and down. then ambush them for photos and autographs.

yes, i am a bollywood movie freak

cheerful
14-05-09, 10:44
lol ... u all certainly have gd sense of humour .. but too bad that's for THE SAIL ... no chance at all for bollywood fame at Mi Casa ... :D

proud owner
14-05-09, 10:46
lol ... u all certainly have gd sense of humour .. but too bad that's for THE SAIL ... no chance at all for bollywood fame at Mi Casa ... :D

hey if the bollywood starlets hang around Sails with the Spice king too much ... they become 'Spice Girls' ...scented ...

proud owner
14-05-09, 10:48
hey if the bollywood starlets hang around Sails with the Spice king too much ... they become 'Spice Girls' ...scented ...

hey people ...if you want to talk about Sails pls go to Sails thread ..

this is for and only for Mi Casa ,... hehehe

rayray
14-05-09, 11:33
To each its own .. they have a liking at CCK since they have been staying there for more than 10 years and the convenience is within walking distance in terms of all sorts of amenities ( the mall itself is good enough for the family, 24 hr clinics, education hub opp , etc , ) though price is steep.

Agreed.
I really hope by the time the remaining 2 plots of land beside Mi Casa when ready for new residential development, will not be taken by FEO again, if not, I guess the "psf" will be even higher.
But, who knows, by that time if property market boom, any developer who bought the land, will release their development at a higher psf than what FEO is selling Mi Casa at the moment.

august
14-05-09, 13:55
waaa gfoo...

how come the stars go Sail and not City square residences? :p
thot CSR area is where their market is ... joking ~

peterng8
15-05-09, 09:01
Agreed.
I really hope by the time the remaining 2 plots of land beside Mi Casa when ready for new residential development, will not be taken by FEO again, if not, I guess the "psf" will be even higher.
But, who knows, by that time if property market boom, any developer who bought the land, will release their development at a higher psf than what FEO is selling Mi Casa at the moment.

--------------

Maybe alot of current people in CCK are now hoping FEO will take up the lands so the price can go higher, good for those who bought micasa, and even better for those who bought Warrant and northvale as the price would be more promising...

proud owner
15-05-09, 15:00
--------------

Maybe alot of current people in CCK are now hoping FEO will take up the lands so the price can go higher, good for those who bought micasa, and even better for those who bought Warrant and northvale as the price would be more promising...

in seng kang ..theres a condo that sits on top on the train station and shopping centre ...

if Mi casa can sell like hot cake at such ridiculous price for being near shopping mall and train station ..

then that condo in Seng kang will be 1000 psf ..cos you cant get any closer to these amenities .... right ??

Antz621
15-05-09, 15:24
in seng kang ..theres a condo that sits on top on the train station and shopping centre ...

if Mi casa can sell like hot cake at such ridiculous price for being near shopping mall and train station ..

then that condo in Seng kang will be 1000 psf ..cos you cant get any closer to these amenities .... right ??

In that case we will have to observe how Centris performed then ;)

beverly
15-05-09, 16:04
In that case we will have to observe how Centris performed then ;)

Proximity *without* the noise from MRT is ideal, not one that is right next to it or sit on top of it ( e.g. Yew Tee Residences)

Anyway, the plot of land next to Mi Casa, think it is a state land that was often used for the 7th month festival .. also too near the mosque .

cheerful
15-05-09, 16:37

Oh, that one is compass ht or s/thg rite? Yah, thot actually tt one not too bad mah, some more MRT is below ground level, but maybe bus terminal a little noisey lah :P

Condorich
15-05-09, 19:49
Oh, that one is compass ht or s/thg rite? Yah, thot actually tt one not too bad mah, some more MRT is below ground level, but maybe bus terminal a little noisey lah :P

A word of caution regarding those intergrated developments... it can be noisy at times.

Look at the past transactions, a significant large number of resale transaction at depressed or market prices would indicate that the owners want to get out. Can check the one called "Sun Plaza"...

Near MRT is good... but if it is too near, such as 14 meters away from the trackes (above surface), it is another thing. The same analogy goes for other public amenties such as swiming pool, library and hospitals etc. Good to have but if too near to it, not good! near is good but too near is bad... far is acceptable but too far is also bad. Judge urself.

peterng8
16-05-09, 11:46

-------------------

wait for FEO to built condo at seng kang...then see the price loh...choa chu kang now has the followings condos:

Warren, northvale, palm garden, micasa(now going to built), yew mei green, quintet, windermale, regent grove, yew tee residences....only Regent Grove and micasa by FEO....

16-05-09, 16:22

condo in Seng Kang to be 1000 psf??:D :D :D :D :D :D
if 1000 psf condo in Seng Kang,which bro want to buy?:banghead:

Condorich
17-05-09, 19:12
The benchmark for MICASA is Caspian, since they are both launched around the same time. The base line pricing would be La CASA... If La CASA Executive Condo going at $550 average last year... I would think $100 more is reasonable. Anyway you buy only when the price is right for you...

Sometime the other preference for buying overrides the price consideration. i.e. if MICASA is $500 but you prefer other locations, it doesn't matter if it is cheap then. The Linear is going for $500 and $550 recently, but if don't like the location, Freehold plus stamp duty subsidy etc would not matter.

ET-68
17-05-09, 22:27
Go for value for $ if you are staying for long....Went down twice to Micasa and found price too high consider LH99. I had opted for The Linear which @S$520/psf for LH999 with DTL up in 2015....

HCL
18-05-09, 11:00
URA's April data show $806 psf transaction price for a unit in Micasa. Anyone know what unit was this?

jitkiat
18-05-09, 11:29
Go for value for $ if you are staying for long....Went down twice to Micasa and found price too high consider LH99. I had opted for The Linear which @S$520/psf for LH999 with DTL up in 2015....
Guess people don't mind paying for location near MRT and shopping mall !!! Anyway attach two charts from Goldman Sachs that explain why HDB upgraders can afford 600-700psf. Beware that Linear is quite far from future DTL.

rayray
18-05-09, 11:33
URA's April data show $806 psf transaction price for a unit in Micasa. Anyone know what unit was this?

Hi,
I cannot locate it on the URA April 09 Caveats Lodged data on Mi Casa. Is it a mistake?:confused:
Highest was 707 psf

beverly
18-05-09, 11:39
Hi,
I cannot locate it on the URA April 09 Caveats Lodged data on Mi Casa. Is it a mistake?:confused:
Highest was 707 psf

For mi casa, those high psf ones will be the top floor pool facing, or at least 10 floor above.

DTL line starts at petir station, walking distance fr linear.

jitkiat
18-05-09, 11:55
On our estimates, the average home equity of households in owner-occupied HDB flats is
S$190,000 or 2.3X annual household incomes. For 5-bedroom or bigger flats, the
predominant upgrader pool, the average home equity is almost 20% higher than the
average HDB home owner at S$230,000. To put this into perspective, this equity covers
about 30%-35% of the purchase price of a mass-end apartment, and is more than sufficient
as a down-payment plus surplus. If only a small portion of the 270,000 units of 5-bedroom
or larger HDB home owners decides to upgrade, we expect that the potential unsold
supply—some 42,387 unsold units to come onstream in (2009-2013E)—would be gradually
absorbed. The number of 5-bedroom or larger flats is six times the total unsold supply in
the private market.

=> To be fair, only some of the 42,387 unsold units are considered mass market condos

HCL
18-05-09, 12:22
Hi,
Highest was 707 psf
There is another database you can view the info "Prices of Units Sold in Private Residential Properties" . Below is the link

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf

Select "April" and you can find mid, lowest and highest transaction price psf. It is based on the option given by the developer.

There was a report last Saturday Straits Times (May 16) page A3 pm top five sales in April . Micasa transaction price range psf in Apr is $583 - $806

rayray
18-05-09, 12:35
There is another database you can view the info "Prices of Units Sold in Private Residential Properties" . Below is the link

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf

Select "April" and you can find mid, lowest and highest transaction price psf. It is based on the option given by the developer.

There was a report last Saturday Straits Times (May 16) page A3 pm top five sales in April . Micasa transaction price range psf in Apr is $583 - $806

Thank you.
I got it. But, on the $806 psf, I have no idea who had willing to pay for it.

HCL
18-05-09, 12:40
Thank you.
I got it. But, on the $806 psf, I have no idea who had willing to pay for it.

I was in Micasa showroom one month ago. The agent quoted me a premium unit (full pool facing and unblock), 10F 3 bedroom, the price was quoted $69x/sqf. I just wonder what a big jump from the last premium facing price quoted!

proud owner
18-05-09, 13:19
I was in Micasa showroom one month ago. The agent quoted me a premium unit (full pool facing and unblock), 10F 3 bedroom, the price was quoted $69x/sqf. I just wonder what a big jump from the last premium facing price quoted!

herd instinct ... just follow

buy already ..find it expensive ..just start to psycho oneself what's good about it ...and ignore the fact that it is expensive ..

Regulators
19-05-09, 01:23
Micasa, Caspian, Alexis all sheep mentality and I wonder why. What is a fair value you would think for these suburban areas? I was quite surprised people rush in for Illuminaire which is averagely priced at 1700psf. Did you snap up any units there?

buy already ..find it expensive ..just start to psycho oneself what's good about it ...and ignore the fact that it is expensive ..

kal
19-05-09, 08:28
FEO advertises full page color in ST few times every weekends.. Tats so much $$$$. Of cos must sell higher a bit to cover.

schoz
20-05-09, 11:06

If its for own stay,why bother if its a good buy or not. A home is after all a home. Keep it for at least 5yrs and the hard brick will sure appreciate. If ones keep comparing..he/she will never ever get to buy one,because there will always be a better offer out there..tis advise was from my bro-in-law who now owns 3 pte condos

Go for it if you feel the price is right.dont need to keep asking who and who for herd reassurance..:cheers1:

proud owner
20-05-09, 11:10
If its for own stay,why bother if its a good buy or not. A home is after all a home. Keep it for at least 5yrs and the hard brick will sure appreciate. If ones keep comparing..he/she will never ever get to buy one,because there will always be a better offer out there..tis advise was from my bro-in-law who now owns 3 pte condos

Go for it if you feel the price is right.dont need to keep asking who and who for herd reassurance..:cheers1:

advise from you bro in law is asking who and who also example of herd instinct that you trying to dispute :doh:

schoz
20-05-09, 11:19
advise from you bro in law is asking who and who also example of herd instinct that you trying to dispute :doh:

agree to certain extent.anyway..not here to create dispute.if you are a proud owner of mi casa..good for you. i feel its a good buy for all proud owners who inked the deal recently. if not,keep searching and hope u can get a "better" condo..

in a nutshell,if the unit you like is within your means..jus go for it..dont need to care abt wat pple write in the forum saying another project is better..

For outskirt condo,buy one near mrt... For prime district condo,no need mrt or wat as the district "branding" enough to attract buyers.

Property_Owner
20-05-09, 12:03

There's a saying, 'Why the rich get richer? They buy at time where no one dares!'

Regulators
20-05-09, 12:15
u remind me of the time when STI was 1400 when few dared to enter the stock mkt. I should have pumped in 50% of my funds into stock mkt then
There's a saying, 'Why the rich get richer? They buy at time where no one dares!'

Property_Owner
20-05-09, 12:34
u remind me of the time when STI was 1400 when few dared to enter the stock mkt. I should have pumped in 50% of my funds into stock mkt then

So you earn?

Condorich
22-05-09, 08:52
Saw in today's paper. Advertised starting prices at $640 psf, from $585 (March 09)...., any more 2+1 units available?

Should see quite a number of caveats lodgded in May 09... sold 243/457 units or something like that.

More than 50% sold I should say.... when more owners sell off their District 23 condo's that is not so close to MRT, such as Hillview Regency etc... or even landed such as Villa Verde, they would consider or likely to move to this development. Maybe even the HDB upgraders. I am making a guess that this project should have sold 75%-85% of their units before TOP. The remaining units would be mainly the bigger units such as 3+1 or 4 Bedders.

wreckwrx
22-05-09, 09:30
More like HDB upgraders cheonging......

Saw in today's paper. Advertised starting prices at $640 psf, from $585 (March 09)...., any more 2+1 units available?

Should see quite a number of caveats lodgded in May 09... sold 243/457 units or something like that.

More than 50% sold I should say.... when more owners sell off their District 23 condo's that is not so close to MRT, such as Hillview Regency etc... or even landed such as Villa Verde, they would consider or likely to move to this development. Maybe even the HDB upgraders. I am making a guess that this project should have sold 75%-85% of their units before TOP. The remaining units would be mainly the bigger units such as 3+1 or 4 Bedders.

Condorich
22-05-09, 13:27
never mind if it is ony the HDB upgraders cheonging... as long as it is cheonging....

BTW, there is an interesting article regarding the Interest Absorption Scheme and a comparison done with recent launches.. No buyer on IAS for MICASA.. what this says? Draw ur own conclusions.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=54287#post54287

At Mi Casa in Choa Chu Kang, no buyer has opted for IAS

jonleelk
23-05-09, 12:27
never mind if it is ony the HDB upgraders cheonging... as long as it is cheonging....

BTW, there is an interesting article regarding the Interest Absorption Scheme and a comparison done with recent launches.. No buyer on IAS for MICASA.. what this says? Draw ur own conclusions.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=54287#post54287

At Mi Casa in Choa Chu Kang, no buyer has opted for IAS

HDB upgraders with sufficient cash and cpf cheonging...

jitkiat
23-05-09, 16:37
HDB upgraders with sufficient cash and cpf cheonging...

According to GS's research, there are about 270k 5room HDB owners with > 220k home equity and MTI says that currently overall SG assset to liability ratio is 7 to 1. The home equity is enough to cover about 30+% cost for an 800k condo. If only 5% of these owners decide to upgrade to condo, we will have 13,500 HDB upgraders .. enough to buy up all mass market condo units currently in the market. And a lot of 4room HDB owners are equally capable of doing that.

cheerful
23-05-09, 16:47
According to GS's research, there are about 270k 5room HDB owners with > 220k home equity and MTI says that currently overall SG assset to liability ratio is 7 to 1. The home equity is enough to cover about 30+% cost for an 800k condo. If only 5% of these owners decide to upgrade to condo, we will have 13,500 HDB upgraders .. enough to buy up all mass market condo units currently in the market. And a lot of 4room HDB owners are equally capable of doing that.

What is the definition of home equity? Please advise if this is similar to home equity line in the States?

jitkiat
23-05-09, 16:54
What is the definition of home equity? Please advise if this is similar to home equity line in the States?

I don't know how GS analyst defined home equity but I guess home equity means CPF+cash you get after you sell off your HDB flat. Basically, let me give you a simple example, in Q42000, ppi was at 140, HDB resale at 110. Today, HDB resale index at 138, ppi still at 140. Although private condo price still about the same but it has become much more affordable to HDB upgraders. Affordability of mass market condo for HDB upgraders is more about the gap between the HDB resale price and the private condo price rather than the absolute quantum.

I have a colleague who sold off her HDB executive apt at a loss in 2005 to buy a condo. Although she got the condo cheap but she lost $$$ for her HDB. Today, you sell off your HDB, you most likely will make $$$ (unless u bought at the peak in 1996), so although condo is more expensive now, the difference between now and 2005/2006 is probably not a lot for an HDB upgrader.

And for certain cash rich HDB owners, they may be capable of owning both HDB and condo as the rental yield of their HDB flat is also much higher compared to a few years ago. So the rental from HDB can help to offset their bank loan on condo.

Condorich
11-06-09, 07:55
saw ad last week that prices are from $640 onwards. What is the latest price range? Anyone has information on the number of units unsold?

rayray
15-06-09, 12:08
saw ad last week that prices are from $640 onwards. What is the latest price range? Anyone has information on the number of units unsold?

No Idea. But, when past last evening, trees are cleared, suggest piling works may start soon as heavy machineries were seen.

Look like this project is selling well for FEO.

jonleelk
15-06-09, 13:28
Based on URA's latest data for new projects, Mi Casa status are:

Total units : 457
Launch : 267
Sold : 245
Units sold in May : 43
Lowest psf : $602
Highest psf : $838

One richie paid $1,102,030 @ $806psf for a 1367sf unit :scared-5:. My guess that should be a 4-bedder at stack 19/20.:doh:

proud owner
16-06-09, 04:11

One richie paid $1,102,030 @ $806psf for a 1367sf unit :scared-5:. My guess that should be a 4-bedder at stack 19/20.:doh:

1376 sqft and 4 bedroom ? hahaha

Condorich
16-06-09, 09:36

Thanks jonleelk

News from BT today

Published June 16, 2009
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/c.gif
Private home sales keep defying caution
Developers sold year-high 1,668 units in May amid discounts and improved sentiment
By EMILYN YAP

Rosy sales aside, some buyers have returned units between April and May. URA data indicates, for instance, a return of 11 units at Mi Casa, three units at Verdure and three units at The Arte.

cheerful
16-06-09, 10:59
Rosy sales aside, some buyers have returned units between April and May. URA data indicates, for instance, a return of 11 units at Mi Casa, three units at Verdure and three units at The Arte.

Hi ... juz checking if those figures mentioned for 'return' is it something which u've monitored from ura sites across diff points in time, or was it mentioned somewhere? Thanks ..

Condorich
16-06-09, 12:19
Hi ... juz checking if those figures mentioned for 'return' is it something which u've monitored from ura sites across diff points in time, or was it mentioned somewhere? Thanks ..

It is stated in the news paper report mentioned earlier (Business Times). In the newspaper report, it is stated that information was obtained from URA (http://www.ura.gov.sg) explore the site. There are some information not published at site but is monitored by URA and not released to the public directly.

Full report extracted below, Mr Funny should be doing this and not me.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,337710,00.html?

Published June 16, 2009
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/c.gif
Private home sales keep defying caution
Developers sold year-high 1,668 units in May amid discounts and improved sentiment

By EMILYN YAP
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/story_email.gif (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,337710,00.html?#)Email this article (http://javascript<b></b>:window.open('/sendmail/1,4561,337710,00.html?', 'name', 'resizable,scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=380');void('');)http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/story_print.gif (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,337710,00.html?#)Print article (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/html/btpre/registration/redirect.jsp?dlink=/sub/storyprintfriendly/0,4582,337710,00.html?)http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/story_feedback.gif (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,337710,00.html?#)Feedback (http://javascript<b></b>:window.open('/sendmail/1,4561,337710-EmailReporter,00.html?', 'name', 'resizable,scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=400');void('');)
(SINGAPORE) The buds of recovery sprouting in the private home market since February seem to have blossomed in May.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-06-16/eyura16.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:openwindow('/local/picturepopup/0,4661,125451-260000,00.html?');)Developer sales for the month hit 1,668 units - a record for the year and 37 per cent more than the 1,214 in April. More transactions also occurred in the high-end sector at prices above $2,000 per square foot (psf).
However, some industry watchers continue to warn that the blooms may not last unless the economy improves decisively. They also remain concerned about weak rental demand and more residential supply coming on stream.
According to data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday, developer sales in May put on their strongest showing not just since January, but also since the sub-prime crisis began to rear its head. The 1,668 units sold last month were just 3 per cent shy of the last high of 1,723 units in August 2007.
'The stockmarket rally which began in mid-March has resulted in positive sentiment that has driven private residential home sales,' said CBRE Research executive director Li Hiaw Ho. Other consultants noted that lower home prices and immense liquidity searching for higher returns also kept home sales up.
In another sign that sentiment had improved, buying activity continued to return to the high-end core central region (CCR) in May. The launch of 32 units at Rochelle at Newton, for instance, was fully taken up.
Of the 1,668 units sold in May, 617 units or 37 per cent were from CCR. Colliers International pointed out that this proportion far exceeded the much lower 8 per cent seen in February.
Jones Lang LaSalle attributed the higher CCR sales to 'discounted pricing from developers', as seen in several projects such as Martin Place Residences, The Wharf Residence and Parc Centennial. At Martin Place Residences, for instance, units were first sold at a median price of $1,746 psf in January 2008. Last month, buyers took up 186 units at a median $1,423 psf.
Not only have sales increased in the high-end property market, more deals struck above $2,000 psf have emerged. According to Colliers, 14 units in May changed hands above that price level, compared with just one in February.
Notably, two apartments at The Orchard Residences went for $2,787 psf and $3,299 psf each last month. Other properties which saw median transaction prices of over $2,000 psf include Boulevard Vue, The Orange Grove, St Regis Residences and Vida.
The mid-market property sector also registered encouraging sales. Colliers noted that some 37 per cent, or 609 units of the 1,668 sold in May came from the rest of central region (RCR); the corresponding proportion in February was 29 per cent.
RCR saw the launch of the 26-unit Spring @ Langsat last month, of which nine units were taken up. Projects such as The Arte and The Mezzo continued to sell well.
There are also industry watchers who remain guarded about the recent surge in home sales. This is 'largely fuelled by softer prices and strong latent demand, which alone will not be sufficient to sustain an overall recovery in the market', said Jones Lang LaSalle associate director of research Desmond Sim.
'Unless there are improvements in the overall economy, it may still take quite some time before we see the return of 'super-luxury launches' . . . Affordability still remains the main factor to entice buyers.'
Citi and Nomura Singapore also said in research reports last week that the property upswing may not be sustainable. Nomura, in particular, expects to see a W-shaped recovery in asset prices because downside risks such as rising unemployment, falling rents and rising supply still exist.
Colliers deputy managing director Grace Ng noted that the Singapore market is 'a bit peculiar' because buying is largely spurred by sentiment; many people 'actually come into the market because they see other people buying . . . rather than calculating yields'.
Even then, rental yields today are likely to be higher than what bank deposits can offer, she added.

cheerful
16-06-09, 14:23
Oops .. just realised that.

Maybe I missed that one or it came a little later that your post. Anyway if Mr Funny post came abit late, so me without access to BT juz got to wait lor :ashamed1:

pai-seh & thanks hor ...

Condorich
16-06-09, 14:52
Oops .. just realised that.

Maybe I missed that one or it came a little later that your post. Anyway if Mr Funny post came abit late, so me without access to BT juz got to wait lor :ashamed1:

pai-seh & thanks hor ...

no problem and stay cheerful....

Wolverine77
24-07-09, 00:45
Mi CASA is a good project...dun even think too long. buy one now!

Condorich
27-07-09, 13:03
Mi CASA is a good project...dun even think too long. buy one now!

I will be reserved on this. Beauty in the eyes of beholder. Anyway this is mainly catered to the mass market and HDB upgraders.

If you have a desire to invest plus a roof over your head, buy for self stay. if not, there are always better projects elsewhere, one that is not 99 leashold and comes with multi-storey carpark.

Sub-sale listings in the classfied seen for Caspian but not for MICASA.

beverly
03-08-09, 00:44
1376 sqft and 4 bedroom ? hahaha

Go to the showroom and ask them if what you see is what you get and you will realise not ..

e.g. the delizia oven and hob - if you dun ask, they won't tell you, but if you ask, they will tell u this is not the brand u will get for the hob ( and NO oven as oven does not come with it ) but you will have something similar or better .. and one agent even said " FEO make so much money that you may get something better than this " - huh?!! unbelievable.
The kitchen tap - was told you won't get this but something similar.
Wardrobe - all laminates
Living room tiles - not marble but homogenous tile.
Room parquet - only one color .

Hmm .. I thought usually condos will have marble tiles, comes with oven installed etc ..

Price has gone up .. the 4 bedders are asking for > $711 psf for the cheeapst unit. The agent said you are paying for the price of what it will look like in 2-3 yrs time and hence that type of pricing.

wreckwrx
03-08-09, 17:46
Price has gone up .. the 4 bedders are asking for > $711 psf for the cheeapst unit. The agent said you are paying for the price of what it will look like in 2-3 yrs time and hence that type of pricing.

OMG! What type of blardy logic is that?? :confused: :confused:

sabian
03-08-09, 18:19
Go to the showroom and ask them if what you see is what you get and you will realise not ..

e.g. the delizia oven and hob - if you dun ask, they won't tell you, but if you ask, they will tell u this is not the brand u will get for the hob ( and NO oven as oven does not come with it ) but you will have something similar or better .. and one agent even said " FEO make so much money that you may get something better than this " - huh?!! unbelievable.
The kitchen tap - was told you won't get this but something similar.
Wardrobe - all laminates
Living room tiles - not marble but homogenous tile.
Room parquet - only one color .

Hmm .. I thought usually condos will have marble tiles, comes with oven installed etc ..

Long long time ago, it used to be prices for "on paper" (ie: nothing is guaranteed: developer reserves the right to screw u over with the " right to use a comparable material" to replace what the brochure says) tend to be lower compared to projects that TOP.

Somewhere along the way, all the sheep were hypnotized to pay higher and higher for projects launched when the project next door is going to TOP (where u can see and touch the finished product).

But for Near West Orgy-nation, pls check with past projects on how the buyers are so pleased with the quality.

beverly
03-08-09, 18:40
OMG! What type of blardy logic is that?? :confused: :confused:

Yes, I also asked what type of logic is that .. and the agent said that they are holding back some of the 4 bedders now ( prob waiting for price to go up and then they release) unless someone wants to pay exhorbitant price now ..
I thought the bigger quantum, the lower the psf ?? no .. ?? maybe I am wrong ..

jonleelk
04-08-09, 12:07
Yes, I also asked what type of logic is that .. and the agent said that they are holding back some of the 4 bedders now ( prob waiting for price to go up and then they release) unless someone wants to pay exhorbitant price now ..
I thought the bigger quantum, the lower the psf ?? no .. ?? maybe I am wrong ..

sis, u still kapoing MiCasa huh? :D

FEO again...just like Jardin. With the hype now, they are selling their Jardin apt at 1.5kpsf...and holding back all their loft units...unless interested buyer offer them a price they cannot say no. :doh:

beverly
05-08-09, 09:00
sis, u still kapoing MiCasa huh? :D

FEO again...just like Jardin. With the hype now, they are selling their Jardin apt at 1.5kpsf...and holding back all their loft units...unless interested buyer offer them a price they cannot say no. :doh:

Bro, yes, was kay-pohing MiCasa since so many agents called so might as well take a look at the "situation" now and what a surprise ...

jonleelk
05-08-09, 09:04
Bro, yes, was kay-pohing MiCasa since so many agents called so might as well take a look at the "situation" now and what a surprise ...

My brother-in-law, who had just sold his Mayspring apt went to MiCasa to take a look also. Was quoted $1.2M for a 3-bedder! :scared-5:

wreckwrx
05-08-09, 09:42
My brother-in-law, who had just sold his Mayspring apt went to MiCasa to take a look also. Was quoted $1.2M for a 3-bedder! :scared-5:

$1.2M for 3-bedder in CCK??? :doh:

Warren and Northvale owners must be rubbing their hands in glee.....

Ritz
05-08-09, 11:16
I think this 1.2M 3 bedder is with roof top access, not your usual 3 bedder.

wreckwrx
05-08-09, 11:31
I think this 1.2M 3 bedder is with roof top access, not your usual 3 bedder.

How will it work out in terms of psf basis? Any idea?

Ritz
05-08-09, 11:42
The last transaction I saw on streetsine.com is about $670.

wreckwrx
05-08-09, 12:14
The last transaction I saw on streetsine.com is about $670.

Was this for the $1.2M unit? If it is, then the unit is about 1,790sqft, which is pretty sizeable for a 3 bedder.... :confused:

sleek
05-08-09, 12:20
Was this for the $1.2M unit? If it is, then the unit is about 1,790sqft, which is pretty sizeable for a 3 bedder.... :confused:

Maybe with PES & RT? :2cents:

Ritz
05-08-09, 12:45
The one sold at $670 psf is for 1475 sf. I think they have various size for the roof top unit.

jonleelk
05-08-09, 12:58
Not sure which type of 3-bedder my brother-in-law was quoted. However, Micasa's poolview high floor easily >$800 psf.

beverly
05-08-09, 14:36
Not sure which type of 3-bedder my brother-in-law was quoted. However, Micasa's poolview high floor easily >$800 psf.

How do u think these units can be sold for a profit in future as a form of investment ? Will someone be willing to pay > 1 mil for a 3 bedder at CCK in future ? The price is high, but the other thing is - the quality is questionable, given that what you see is not what you get, and I am not sure if homogenous tiles are the trend now ..

beverly
05-08-09, 17:42

btw, i can't believe this FE agents - can even claim that the hillvista is better than the beverly because the hillvista address is better - 1 elizabeth drive compared to toh tuck. I was just thinking what is so great about the elizabeth drive address ?? Hillvista is still dist 23 right ? :doh:

Ritz
06-08-09, 11:37
Now everywhere is expensive, not just Micasa. Future prices are difficult to predict, it all depends on future trends. Most importantly, "buy within your means".

noblebaby
08-08-09, 10:35
FEO always has a higher pricing for their project... if compared to the existing projects around it, Mi Casa is considered expensive. When I read the newspaper Ad on Mi Casa, it is already from $640psf... :scared-3:

Now everywhere is expensive, not just Micasa. Future prices are difficult to predict, it all depends on future trends. Most importantly, "buy within your means".

Condorich
08-08-09, 13:35
FEO always has a higher pricing for their project... if compared to the existing projects around it, Mi Casa is considered expensive. When I read the newspaper Ad on Mi Casa, it is already from $640psf... :scared-3:

That's how they work... look at ICON?

Anyway I am begining to suspect that new sales are used to finance old assets (unsold units), keeping them after financed by new sales while it wait for the right offer (leaving them unoccupied or for rental). Therefore their projects will forever be high priced.

beverly
08-08-09, 21:22

Yep, higher pricing and the quality does not always justify for that high price,given that it's homogenous tiles and not marble, and what you see are mostly not what you get when you asked the agent at the showroom .. e.g. no oven (though there is a delizia oven installed in the showroom), no delizia brand hob and hood ( agent said you may get something similar or better,but NOT this brand .. oh by the way, agent said " since FE made so much money , they may give you something better .. " ..ha ! well, has that happen before in history ? ) , including other smaller misc items such as the tap .. etc. Wardrobe is made of flimsy material, laminate etc .

Condorich
21-08-09, 09:05
Advertisement in Today, new tower released, prices from $620 psf, a 'drop' from $640 psf advertised earlier. Maybe 7th month pricing.

beverly
21-08-09, 10:51
Advertisement in Today, new tower released, prices from $620 psf, a 'drop' from $640 psf advertised earlier. Maybe 7th month pricing.

Maybe the new tower facing the main road or the mosque ??

Condorich
21-08-09, 11:10
Maybe the new tower facing the main road or the mosque ??

It should be the inner blocks away from the road including the open space cum mosque view as those along the main roads are first to be released and cleared.

General marketing plan... first release units are usually the not so good ones with a cheaper price tag. Next comes the better ones with a higher price tag. Gives the illusion that prices are escalating. Exceptions do apply.

It could also be a gimmick.. The advertisement said from $580 psf in Mar but when you enquire... those units are sold, according to agents (can be trusted?)

housewife
21-08-09, 11:20
have they released stack 13 and 14 (facing road)? 2-3 wks ago they were selling stack 17 and 18. all facing road and almost west facing

azeoprop
23-08-09, 13:16
Any starbuys? :D

Condorich
24-08-09, 16:31
Any starbuys? :D

LOL... quite unlikey as most of the investors are specuvestors.. the rest are mostly owner occupied. No flipper activity seen at all..

Post if there are star buys found.

Condorich
26-08-09, 10:05
Business Times - 26 Aug 2009
NEWS ANALYSIS
Leng Beng lays down marker with Chestnut bid
Toppish price may send inadvertent signal to restart confirmed list sales
By KALPANA RASHIWALA
EVEN as the dust settles on Hong Leong Group's top bid at last week's tender for a 99-year condo site at Chestnut Avenue, a discussion in some circles now centres on whether Hong Leong overpaid for the site.
As expected, Housing & Development Board said yesterday evening it has awarded the site to Sunny Vista Developments (a subsidiary of City Developments) and Hong Realty.

The two companies are part of the Hong Leong Group and teamed up to place the top bid of $143.68 million, which works out to a much-higher-than-expected land cost of $280 psf per plot ratio (psf ppr).
Some rival developers believe Hong Leong's breakeven cost may be around the $600 psf mark and its projected average selling price near the $700 psf level. Sources, however, suggest the group may have been eyeing a much higher average price, in the high-$800 psf range, when it cast its bid.

That would set a benchmark for a 99-year leasehold condo in the area.
Hong Leong Group executive chairman Kwek Leng Beng said in a written reply to BT: 'We can see potential in an area where some others may not... We are very familiar with this locality... There is now a lack of good and affordable residential developments in the vicinity. We are confident that there is a vibrant market there.'
The tender attracted 13 bids and marked the first time in about a year that the government had sold land for private residential development. Clearly, developers are famished for land after a stretch of strong housing sales over the past six months. The Chestnut Avenue plot in the Bukit Panjang area was on the government's reserve list when it was triggered for release after a successful application by a developer that undertook to bid at least $62 million or about $121 psf ppr.

Here are some indicators of Hong Leong's bullishness. Its bid was 2.3 times the minimum price. Seven of the 13 bids were bunched in the $169-182 psf ppr range; the winning bid was 54 to 66 per cent above this.
Hong Leong's bid was 11.3 per cent higher than the next highest offer of $251.60 psf ppr placed by rival Far East Organization. The site is not near an MRT station but one advantage of its location is that units on the upper floors of a condo on the site will enjoy views of the nature reserve next to Upper Peirce Reservoir. Hong Leong's new project on the site is expected to be profitable, but it remains to be seen just how high a price it will be able to achieve.

The aggressive winning bid has set the stage for toppish bids at next month's tender for a 'hotter' site at Dakota Crescent next to an MRT station, fronting Geylang River and much closer to the city. It will also raise pressure on other reserve list sites that are triggered. In other words, land prices are set to escalate. Ditto for the prices at which developers later market new projects on these sites.
Mr Kwek insists that the outcome of the Chestnut Avenue tender shows the reserve list system - where the government launches a site for tender only upon successful application by a developer - is working well. 'The property market has still not fully recovered yet and although the economy is improving, it has not recovered too,' he added.
Last October, the government suspended sales of sites on the confirmed list, where sites are launched for tender according to scheduled dates. Instead, it has offered sites solely through the reserve list; this market-led approach was thought to be suitable amid the housing sales slump at the time.

However, in the first seven months of this year, developers sold a stunning 10,017 private homes - more than double the 4,264 units they sold in the whole of 2008. This has enabled developers to flex their muscles. Prices of mass-market condos today are about 10-15 per cent higher than the lows of Jan-Feb 2009, according to one developer's estimate.

One reading of last week's tender result is that some developers do not believe the pace of land sales from the reserve list will be fast enough for them to replenish their mass-market housing landbanks - despite the fact that three such sites had already been triggered in the one month preceding last week's tender close. And the likes of Mr Kwek thus need to bid aggressively to get their hands quickly on some much-needed land.
Here's a possible signal he may have inadvertently sent to the authorities, who are keen to assure the home buying public there is enough supply of private homes and land: please expedite the release of more land.
There may be a case now for government to transfer a few of the nicer sites from the current reserve list to the confirmed list, and start launching them soon. It could also replenish the reserve list.
But selling land only through the reserve list - where government waits for a developer to apply for a site and undertake to bid at a minimum price acceptable to the state before it launches the site - can take some time.
It may be opportune for government to take the unprecedented step of restarting confirmed list land sales midway through the current suspension for H2 2009.

Time is of the essence now as developers run out of land to build entry-level private condos on. And keeping the dream of upgrading to a private condo within reach of HDB upgraders is an important part of the Singapore housing story.

Copyright © 2007 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

repanse71
26-08-09, 12:01

Don't rely on ad too much...
Visited the showflat yesterday. 3/4bdrm units with pool facing on mid-high floor are selling > 740 psf.

regards

Ritz
26-08-09, 15:49
Prices have gone up then. The July transaction on Streetsine for pool facing units are transacted mostly below $700 with the exception of stack 19 which is one of their best stack (I think).

Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
325 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #08-31
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$698
$901k
28 Jul 09
319 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #08-19
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$738
$1008k
28 Jul 09
315 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #07-09
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$679
$876k
22 Jul 09
327 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #05-36
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$676
$843k
22 Jul 09

jonleelk
26-08-09, 18:13
Prices have gone up then. The July transaction on Streetsine for pool facing units are transacted mostly below $700 with the exception of stack 19 which is one of their best stack (I think).

Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
325 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #08-31
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$698
$901k
28 Jul 09
319 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #08-19
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$738
$1008k
28 Jul 09
315 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #07-09
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$679
$876k
22 Jul 09
327 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #05-36
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$676
$843k
22 Jul 09

Bro, if cavet in Jul means real transaction is around may?

During the first night of the preview, I was quoted #10-09 at >$700 psf, selling price just above $900k.

Ritz
27-08-09, 09:43
Probably. But I thought Tower C3 was only released recently, ie. stack 35/36?

What do you think of Micasa's prices vesus other Mass market development like Waterfront waves etc. who are not near MRT and amenities?

azeoprop
29-08-09, 01:09
It is also very near the antenna fields of stagmont camp, your daily dosage of radiation will be very high if u stay there. :doh:

Condorich
29-08-09, 01:17
I don't quite think so... if so.. the regulars in the camp would be the first to fall sick....

The condo site is away from the antenna fields and blocked by some slope... I would think that you cannot even see it from the condo. Signals also travels in a straight line... that is what I learnt in school.

Maybe you will get a better picture of it using google earth and driving along the expressway. I would be more concerned of radiation coming from handphones and those huge statellite dishes as compared to wire nets... more like receiving rather than transmitting.

The problem with this condo is that it is multi storey carpark and prices is not cheap.... and it will become more expansive due to past track records of developer of not revising price downwards.

simsipod
30-08-09, 23:56
Can't help but to comment on this thread. Mi Casa to me would be a good buy for the area. For one, the location is great...it's exactly beside the park (a National Parks park not HDB park) and also, unlike the Warren and Northvale, is not directly beside the KJE and MRT tracks which is very, very noisy. The Warren btw, in my opinion has a very unpleasing design which is awkward, and has no sense of exclusivity due to how "compressed" the units are with about 8-10 14 storeys block. Thus, Mi Casa is really a haven for peace-lovers.

At the same time it's not isolated for it lies beside a main avenue which leads directly to the KJE northwards and Bt Timah Rd southwards. Public transport is very good, 5 mins from MRT and major bus stop in front of it. Also, its current location is probably a private housing cluster, probably another condo or two would be built along the stretch up to the mosque. Its also near many eating places such as at Teck Whye S.C. and Lot One, education centres at CCK Civic Ctr.

For those complaining about possible mosque noise or car problems, it really won't be a big deal because mosques are made to be soundproof while cars build up on friday aftn only...but Mi Casa isn't affected as it has another access road outside the main road. Regarding the KTM Tracks, its really very far away and cannot be heard. From the MSCP of mi casa, its separated by the camp, a park connecter, a large canal, forested area and then the tracks. The military camp here is actually quite tame and nothing loud ever comes out of it. The antennaes, does not emit radiation btw haha.

Just my two cents worth...hope it helps. resident in CCK btw.

sleek
31-08-09, 00:01
For those complaining about possible mosque noise or car problems, it really won't be a big deal because mosques are made to be soundproof while cars build up on friday aftn only...but Mi Casa isn't affected as it has another access road outside the main road.
Obviously you have never stayed near a mosque before. Btw, soundproofing a mosque does not means its quiet on the outside. ;)

Anyway, the sound level are controlled by NEA, so its acceptable. :cool:

simsipod
31-08-09, 00:04
Obviously you have never stayed near a mosque before. Btw, soundproofing a mosque does not means its quiet on the outside. ;)

Anyway, the sound level are controlled by NEA, so its acceptable. :cool:
On the contrary, I have lived near a mosque before, near the Bukit Panjang mosque :) Of course, i don't deny that slight sounds can be heard but that's if you really live exactly beside the mosque. But seriously, Mi Casa is really not near to the mosque...so wouldn't be a problem.

sleek
31-08-09, 00:18
On the contrary, I have lived near a mosque before, near the Bukit Panjang mosque :) Of course, i don't deny that slight sounds can be heard but that's if you really live exactly beside the mosque. But seriously, Mi Casa is really not near to the mosque...so wouldn't be a problem.

Oh ok, cos my office near Sultan Mosque and defnitely can hear the prayers during lunch time, even indoor. ;)

simsipod
31-08-09, 05:08
Oh ok, cos my office near Sultan Mosque and defnitely can hear the prayers during lunch time, even indoor. ;)

Oh i see...i think one of the reasons is that Sultan Mosque wasn't purpose built for the noise to be kept indoors, being a historical building way before HDB estates. The new mosques are more purpose-built to prevent noise pollution.:)

Condorich
31-08-09, 09:31
Tolerance is key.. the chinese also have their loud sounding activities from time to time.The one mentioned (sultan mosque) is an exception rather than the norm as it is within city and not within HDB estates. Those in HDB estates are quieter although they have their activities from time to time. It is still bearable as compared to chinese 7th month nights... and other periodic activities.

Developer, price and design apart.... and just focus on location.... I would think that the location is great apart that it is far from town..... Which translates to a cheaper price tag assuming all things constant. At least better than Jurong (in my view).

This is because it is well connected to CCK MRT and LRT by walk and LRT could link up to (new - as plans are there for redevelopment) Ten Mile Junction ... There's talk that there will be a link from Ten Mile Junction to a new bus interchange (covered or not) to one of the new MRT (Bukit Panjang)..... it is also well connected by expressways ... No problem going to Woodlands or to Tuas...

When all these development is up... that maybe the time where the true value is reflected. Just wait and see. Anyway, its just a view held by me... not necessarily right but for those share these views, they would consider buying Mi Casa or would have bought it. Time will reveal whether the views are correct or not.

jonleelk
31-08-09, 09:43
IMHO from a CCK resident...the plot of land where MiCasa sits is not bad. Noise from the mosque should be minimise when another development raises from the ground in between MiCasa and the mosque.

What is bad is that FEO is the one building it. :scared-4:

Jurong west is out for me as I cannot tahan the coco smell. :scared-5:

Condorich
31-08-09, 18:57
IMHO from a CCK resident...the plot of land where MiCasa sits is not bad. Noise from the mosque should be minimise when another development raises from the ground in between MiCasa and the mosque.

What is bad is that FEO is the one building it. :scared-4:

Jurong west is out for me as I cannot tahan the coco smell. :scared-5:

Yes... that is the sad part... but well got its good and bad.. so far... their pricing is quite firm... but there are short comings also... you cannot get the best of everything right... just hope for the best.

This is the news that I was referring to

This page was printed from 938LIVETitle:Bukit Panjang could get integrated transport hub Date:30th August

The feasibility of having an integrated public transport hub in Bukit Panjang is currently being studied.

Should the study prove positive, residents in the area could see the LRT station, bus interchange and the upcoming MRT station located within easier walking distance.

Joanne Chan reports.

Commuters to and from Bukit Panjang will find the area more accessible, once the Bukit Panjang MRT station is completed in 2015.
The station, which is the last stop on the Downtown Line, will be located along Upper Bukit Timah Road and within walking distance of the Bukit Panjang LRT station.

But some residents have complained that the current bus interchange is located too far away from the MRT station, being 120 metres apart.
So, a study is underway to determine if the three transport modes can be brought closer together.

Speaking to reporters after a community event, MP for Holland-Bukit Panjang, Teo Ho Pin, said a solution could be to relocate the existing bus interchange.

"One proposal which we have suggested to them (the authorities), is to relocate our present bus interchange to in between the MRT station and the LRT station. So they will be in straight line. Now the other proposal will be a more challenging proposal, is to see if we can do a vertical integration. Now that becomes more difficult. That would entail relocating the LRT station, which is a very massive exercise and very costly."
Dr Teo said that should the bus interchange be relocated, commuters would only have to walk 70 metres end-to-end.

The plan is also to develop the facilities as a transport hub, with sheltered walkways and lifestyle attractions.

Also providing more updates on the Bukit Panjang MRT station, Dr Teo said there will be four exits.

"The first north-west exit will lead to Ten Mile Junction, the other one will lead to a cluster called the 600 Series, it's the Senja area. Then the South will be leading towards the Bukit Panjang Plaza area, and one more is the Heavy Vehicle part, Indian Temple area."

The Bukit Panjang MRT station will be located underground, and its four exits will have barrier-free accessibility to assist commuters with poor mobility.

http://938live.sg/portal/images/misc/spacer.gif

housewife
01-09-09, 16:31
Has 2nd payment "foundation works" been paid? or
3rd payment "reinforced concrete framework"?
anyone can estimate when to make the next few payments?
thinking about how much loan to borrow from bank.
btw, is there fixed rate housing loan package for uncompleted project?

wreckwrx
01-09-09, 16:54
This page was printed from 938LIVETitle:Bukit Panjang could get integrated transport hub Date:30th August

The feasibility of having an integrated public transport hub in Bukit Panjang is currently being studied.

Should the study prove positive, residents in the area could see the LRT station, bus interchange and the upcoming MRT station located within easier walking distance.

So, a study is underway to determine if the three transport modes can be brought closer together.

Dr Teo said that should the bus interchange be relocated, commuters would only have to walk 70 metres end-to-end.

The plan is also to develop the facilities as a transport hub, with sheltered walkways and lifestyle attractions.

Also providing more updates on the Bukit Panjang MRT station, Dr Teo said there will be four exits.

The Bukit Panjang MRT station will be located underground, and its four exits will have barrier-free accessibility to assist commuters with poor mobility.

http://938live.sg/portal/images/misc/spacer.gif

This piece of news will probably impact Maysprings and Linear more than Mi Casa....

Condorich
01-09-09, 17:59
This piece of news will probably impact Maysprings and Linear more than Mi Casa....

Yes.. directly benefiting the Pasir Panjang owners, including Linear and Maysprings owners. Micasa is already near MRT so is already a level up. This development will enhance its value as it shall be linked by LRT to 2 MRT lines.. the next best thing to a interchange. It will also benefit though not as directly. With a new commercial development coming up... all near to it shall benefit.

Maybe the 10 mile Junction will be moved across the road to make it a better link with the proposed bus interchange.. just doing some guessing and logical thinking here. If so, that piece of land vacated shall be another prime condo land..

Condorich
01-09-09, 19:18
Has 2nd payment "foundation works" been paid? or
3rd payment "reinforced concrete framework"?
anyone can estimate when to make the next few payments?
thinking about how much loan to borrow from bank.
btw, is there fixed rate housing loan package for uncompleted project?

Not sure... quite unlikely... it best the check with marketing agent..

Link is available here http://www.micasachoachukang.com/

Was told by fellow forumer that they had already cleared the land and ready for pilling.... but I am not sure.. not staying around there.

Loan wise... check with a banker... or if you have a copy of The Edge... they do provide pretty good loan comparison.

wreckwrx
02-09-09, 09:38
Yes.. directly benefiting the Pasir Panjang owners, including Linear and Maysprings owners. Micasa is already near MRT so is already a level up. This development will enhance its value as it shall be linked by LRT to 2 MRT lines.. the next best thing to a interchange. It will also benefit though not as directly. With a new commercial development coming up... all near to it shall benefit.

Maybe the 10 mile Junction will be moved across the road to make it a better link with the proposed bus interchange.. just doing some guessing and logical thinking here. If so, that piece of land vacated shall be another prime condo land..

Whoah... Ten-mile Junction turn into Condo with a LRT station directly underneath and entrance to MRT beside.... How's that for a wild guess? :D

simsipod
02-09-09, 11:41
Whoah... Ten-mile Junction turn into Condo with a LRT station directly underneath and entrance to MRT beside.... How's that for a wild guess? :D

I don't think that's totally impossible because i did read in one of the URA/HDB land use websites years ago that Ten Mile Junction is possibly slated to be redeveloped into a Mixed residential/commercial site in the future, with height limit of about 14-16 storeys.

I'm just wondering how they would do that, considering that Ten Mile Junction is currently an LRT depot also.

Condorich
02-09-09, 12:47
I don't think that's totally impossible because i did read in one of the URA/HDB land use websites years ago that Ten Mile Junction is possibly slated to be redeveloped into a Mixed residential/commercial site in the future, with height limit of about 14-16 storeys.

I'm just wondering how they would do that, considering that Ten Mile Junction is currently an LRT depot also.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=565 (site not sold yet) so plans may change to relocate it.. not too wild a guess since they are talking about integration. BTW, if the bus interchange gets relocated, that piece of land could be another prime condo land also... not too wild a guess too although it is up to the government to determine its use and time of release.

If nothing new is coming up... the 10 mile junction will be sold as planned... just that a bus interchange may be placed in between it and the MRT entrance/exit.

But if you do a proper re-evaluation... there's room for a relook at the whole plan... such as realigning the LRT lines, make 10 mile junction a purely commercial building and a condo development beside it (instead of above it). Makes sense if you ask me. It is up to the planners to re-evaluate it.

Thanks simsipod... sometimes news are readily available but they are not able to find them. Its like buying without much thinking...

sleek
02-09-09, 12:49
http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=565 (site not sold yet) so plans may change to relocate it.. not too wild a guess since they are talking about integration. BTW, if the bus interchange gets reallocated, that piece of land could be another prime condo land also... not too wild a guess although it is up to the government to determine its use and time of release.

Thanks simsipod... sometimes news are readily available but they are not able to find them. Its like buying without much thinking...

Sounds like Centris 2? :rolleyes:

Condorich
02-09-09, 12:56
If that is the case... wasted liao...

But at least the value of surrounding properties will be enhanced... just hope that it is not the same developer.

wreckwrx
02-09-09, 15:46
Oh i see...i think one of the reasons is that Sultan Mosque wasn't purpose built for the noise to be kept indoors, being a historical building way before HDB estates. The new mosques are more purpose-built to prevent noise pollution.:)

Ya... think nowadays these HDB mosques don't have those loud hailers mounted at the top to "broadcast" during prayer times.... In fact chinese getai is causing a lot more noise pollution.... that's why i very wary about staying near empty plot of land within an estate in case it's a hotspot for getai stage setup... :tsk-tsk:

Condorich
02-09-09, 16:24
Yes, I heard that the empty plot of land next to the mosque is used for chinese religious activities.... Almost any empty plot of land could be used also... sometimes they even occupy the heavy vehicle parks or the space beside the car parks. Not staying there so I don't know.

Just be glad if they don't build a church or temple beside it....and develop it as a new condo...

:cool:

simsipod
02-09-09, 22:18
http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=565 (site not sold yet) so plans may change to relocate it.. not too wild a guess since they are talking about integration. BTW, if the bus interchange gets relocated, that piece of land could be another prime condo land also... not too wild a guess too although it is up to the government to determine its use and time of release.

If nothing new is coming up... the 10 mile junction will be sold as planned... just that a bus interchange may be placed in between it and the MRT entrance/exit.

But if you do a proper re-evaluation... there's room for a relook at the whole plan... such as realigning the LRT lines, make 10 mile junction a purely commercial building and a condo development beside it (instead of above it). Makes sense if you ask me. It is up to the planners to re-evaluate it.

Yup no probs...it would really be quite prime in terms of location. New MRT, go on Wdl Rd fast access to JB, go down BT Timah Rd reach city. Go on CCK Road can reach Jurong Lake District. However, do take note that as long as the KTM tracks are there, that place will never realise its fullest prime potential. Its DIRECTLY beside the track...no barriers even and 4 times at day with the last train at midnight, you'll have to bear the noise of diesel engines. Can really get annoying. Have a friend who lives in Senja Rd and its quite noisy there itself. And not to mention traffic...the junction there never seems to subside in volume...until like midnight.

Condorich
10-09-09, 23:27
Yup no probs...it would really be quite prime in terms of location. New MRT, go on Wdl Rd fast access to JB, go down BT Timah Rd reach city. Go on CCK Road can reach Jurong Lake District. However, do take note that as long as the KTM tracks are there, that place will never realise its fullest prime potential. Its DIRECTLY beside the track...no barriers even and 4 times at day with the last train at midnight, you'll have to bear the noise of diesel engines. Can really get annoying. Have a friend who lives in Senja Rd and its quite noisy there itself. And not to mention traffic...the junction there never seems to subside in volume...until like midnight.

Yes... wanted to reply this earlier but posting using hp is giving me quite alot of difficulties.

The rail has to go... the traffic at the junction needs to be improved.

There is a need for a better concentration of commercial spaces there.. Perhaps the railway mall could be moved and located there also, which I doubt it will unless the expressway gets realigned.

A thing about the traffic conjestion... the worst it becomes, the better it is in terms of justifications for a fly over or underpass.... I would think that a fly over would be more appropriate as the rail can remain where it is. Let us see how the mess there can be cleared up by better urban planning.

eddiehu
08-10-09, 12:41
A1 and A2 Launching soon. Brand New Units for Sales.
The Most Desirable Park Facing Unit available.
For VVIP Booking please call Eddie Hu 91881715
Or Visit Micasa Showflat for me.

eddiehu
08-10-09, 14:37
Most unit will be 4 bedrooms
Please contact me at 91881715

Reporter
15-10-09, 01:05
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/h88_masthead_logo.jpg
Two new towers at Mi Casa launching soon
H88
Wednesday, 14 October 2009, 13:01

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-10-14/mi_casa_choa_chu_kang.jpg

Mi Casa (District 23) which sold quickly during its launch in April is releasing two new towers soon. The towers are A1 and A2 are touted to have units that boast views of the pool and park. So if you have been waiting for those units, remember to swing by the show flat soon.

Project Details:

Lease: 99 yr
Address: Choa Chu Kang Drive
Developer: Far East Organization (Tian Hock Properties Pte Ltd)
Estimated TOP: 2013
Units: 457 total, 2BR (38) , 2+1BR (65), 3BR (169), 3+1BR (136), 4BR (49)
Typical Sizes:
.... 2BR (1,020 sqft - 1,292 sqft)
.... 2+1BR (1,120 sqft - 1,146 sqft)
.... 3BR (1260 sqft - 1343 sqft)
.... 3+1BR (1301 sqft - 2217 sqft)
.... 4BR (1384 sqft - 2316 sqft)

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-10-14/mi_casa_map.gif

Here are some of the facilities in the project:
•Lounge Area
•Karaoke Room
•Gymnasium
•Steam Room
•Leisure Pool
•Children Fun Pool with Water Slides
•Jacuzzi
•50m Freeform Lap Pool
•Tennis Courts
•Outdoor Fitness Area
•Spa/Dining Pavilion with Jacuzzi in "Resort Island" style
•Garden Terrace with Indoor Dining Pavilion, Dip Pool & Lounge Deck

housewife
15-10-09, 10:19
are these 4 bedders?

are all towers launched already?

eddiehu
15-10-09, 12:37
Yes, all towers will be launched on this Sat 15/10/09 consisting 4 bedders and the best facing unit for the units with terrace. The actual price is out. Please contact me Eddie Hu for info. 91881715

Reporter
23-12-09, 10:25
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Mi Casa ............. OCR ........ 213 ......................... 115 ............................ 806 ................ 639 ............... 583

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Mi Casa ............. OCR ........ 298 ......................... 19 .............................. 754 ................. 670 ............... 602

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Mi Casa ............. OCR ........ 305 ......................... 7 ................................ 743 ................. 691 ............... 641

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Mi Casa ............. OCR ........ 348 .......................... 43 .............................. 780 ................. 685 ............... 635

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2009

Mi Casa ............. OCR ........ 352 .......................... 4 ............................... 716 ................. 692 ............... 667
MC missed its high of $806 psf again.
It is only 77% sold.

Daffy
24-12-09, 11:16
$806 was for a 19th/20th floor unit!

ppc88
13-02-10, 06:52
Just called up Mi Casa agent from FEO, who quoted me 910k for a 3 bedder. Crazy really, no wonder they cannot even sell-out the project. Even the developer is greedy! I called another agent who told me Mi Casa sellers also overpriced. he said the case of mi casa is many are hdb-upgraders, but some buy already thought they cant afford and want to fire-sale. if got gd lobang let me know!

Regulators
13-02-10, 07:11
Can get an old D12 3bdrm freehold for 100k lesser than that and Mi Casa is in the suburbs :doh: :doh: :doh:

Just called up Mi Casa agent from FEO, who quoted me 910k for a 3 bedder. Crazy really, no wonder they cannot even sell-out the project. Even the developer is greedy! I called another agent who told me Mi Casa sellers also overpriced. he said the case of mi casa is many are hdb-upgraders, but some buy already thought they cant afford and want to fire-sale. if got gd lobang let me know!

ppc88
13-02-10, 08:22
Can get an old D12 3bdrm freehold for 100k lesser than that and Mi Casa is in the suburbs :doh: :doh: :doh:

Yes I also agree the price is super crazy. i think the property market will crash if go on like that. got other threads in this website talking abt whether spore and other asian countries got housing bubbles. i think for spore private mkt, there is unrealistic pricing, coz pple income never increase and got pple (even developers like FEO) anyhow increase prices, where got like dat? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Regulators
13-02-10, 09:05
i wrote somewhere in this forum that FEO is trying to set a benchmark for other developers to follow, like big brother leading the younger ones. I do not think prices have reached crazy levels yet if compared to hong kong's above $20k psf for certain luxury condos. When you start seeing agents advertising for properties on MRT trains like Japan or Hong Kong, then we will know what property fever is all about.

Yes I also agree the price is super crazy. i think the property market will crash if go on like that. got other threads in this website talking abt whether spore and other asian countries got housing bubbles. i think for spore private mkt, there is unrealistic pricing, coz pple income never increase and got pple (even developers like FEO) anyhow increase prices, where got like dat? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

ppc88
13-02-10, 09:10
i wrote somewhere in this forum that FEO is trying to set a benchmark for other developers to follow, like big brother leading the younger ones. I do not think prices have reached crazy levels yet if compared to hong kong's above $20k psf for certain luxury condos. When you start seeing agents advertising for properties on MRT trains like Japan or Hong Kong, then we will know what property fever is all about.
haha true true. but if that happens, i will leave spore. dont want to fight for this kind of game when my salary wont catch up with the siao prices. like that lagi more unhappy only, the greedy speculators, and when mkt crashes like lasdt time in hk or japan, people go jump to their death, for what right? we only live one time, i'll just buy within means lor. if govt really allow property prices to spiral out of control, then it's time to pack bags liao.

Regulators
13-02-10, 09:13
You should follow Jlrx's propertism religion so you won't feel that way...lol

haha true true. but if that happens, i will leave spore. dont want to fight for this kind of game when my salary wont catch up with the siao prices. like that lagi more unhappy only, the greedy speculators, and when mkt crashes like lasdt time in hk or japan, people go jump to their death, for what right? we only live one time, i'll just buy within means lor. if govt really allow property prices to spiral out of control, then it's time to pack bags liao.

Reporter
13-02-10, 09:28
Are you sure the average income of Singaporean did not increase?

sfwoo
13-02-10, 09:32
I dun have official figures, so I only speak for myself, my family and my close friends(need to be really close before they tell you about sensitive things like wages).

Our income has dropped over the past 5 years.

ppc88
13-02-10, 09:40

i never say avrg income did not increase, but income can never catch up with the siao increase in property prices. so for example, from 2008 to 2010, property prices for private condos increase by 20-30 %, i'm already priced out coz my salary (and may most pple's salaries) didn't increase by 20 to 30% (i'm already glad if this period my salary didnt kena cut!). so for someone like me who want to buy a hse, my income actually decrease in real terms due to the siao inflation. i want to see how high the inflation can go till the bubble burst.

13-02-10, 09:56
so for someone like me who want to buy a hse, my income actually decrease in real terms due to the siao inflation.

Buy HDB if you can't afford condo...nobody says u must buy a condo for a start...

sfwoo
13-02-10, 10:04
Buy HDB if you can't afford condo...nobody says u must buy a condo for a start...
Some HDB resale more expensive than rural mass market condo.

Snail
13-02-10, 10:50

That's hardly the solution to the problem.

As condo prices go up, HDB go up then you have the same problem again that people can't afford their first home. What do you tell them then, by what if they can't afford HDB?

This is what led to the American meltdown last year, everybody spending beyond their means and now with HDB upgraders buying MiCasa at too high a price (for example only, there are far more) and just realising the problem it is now the same in Singapore, just nobody talks about it.

ppc88
13-02-10, 12:36
That's hardly the solution to the problem.

As condo prices go up, HDB go up then you have the same problem again that people can't afford their first home. What do you tell them then, by what if they can't afford HDB?

This is what led to the American meltdown last year, everybody spending beyond their means and now with HDB upgraders buying MiCasa at too high a price (for example only, there are far more) and just realising the problem it is now the same in Singapore, just nobody talks about it.

precisely. the issue now is how far prices will go up and who will continue to 'afford' it if even 'rural' condos hit 1000psf or more. actually, from a buyer's point of view, i do hope that the situation is like the US (and i think it is), surely someone will get burnt and burnt badly. that's when i will come in and swoop for the units. to those willing to pay 1mil for a 3-bedder in obscure jurong, to each his/her own. :)

ppc88
13-02-10, 12:37

thanks for this sage-like advice, i will heed it. i wont buy unless i feel price is right. for the blind followers, well, just look at the usa. the banks also siao together with the buyers, then all die together lor. housing pricing is based on perception - and perception alone.

ppc88
13-02-10, 12:41

Of btw, this came out in a recent ST article:

"Under the laws of economics, prices will not go up indefinitely. At one point or another, prices will have to come down because it is not possible for wages to catch up with it and when it comes crashing down. Singaporeans who have paid a hefty amount for the flats will now be plunged into financial distress, as banks continuously urge them to replenish their mortgage loans."

To those who have paid over the odds or will be idiotic enuff to do so, go luck to u.

Condorich
13-02-10, 17:52
FEO Projects, no need to 100% sold out... even now... Orchid Park still has developer units... someone may want to add others, I am not an insider.

Do you think that they really need to sell? The proceeds from the earlier sold units are enough to cover their cost and profit. The balance are extra sitting on their books...

MI CASA is already a profitable project for FEO and I believe that even those not sold are already covered in their profit margin. I would think that this project is mainly for the HDB upgraders and eventually, it shall be fully sold if the developer maintains or lower their selling price. Otherwise, these extras will be sitting there for a long long time.

13-02-10, 18:06
FEO Projects, no need to 100% sold out... even now... Orchid Park still has developer units... someone may want to add others, I am not an insider.

Do you think that they really need to sell? The proceeds from the earlier sold units are enough to cover their cost and profit. The balance are extra sitting on their books...

MI CASA is already a profitable project for FEO and I believe that even those not sold are already covered in their profit margin. I would think that this project is mainly for the HDB upgraders and eventually, it shall be fully sold if the developer maintains or lower their selling price. Otherwise, these extras will be sitting there for a long long time.

Yeah, examples are tanglin view, dunman view, lakeshore..FEO will never sell a unit at much discounted price. I ever made enquiry on dunman view during the early 2009 and the price quoted to me was never a discounted price and little room for negotiation at all...What i know is if they can't sell the remaining units, they rent out the units. Many of their remaining units are rented out. A different approach from the rest of the developers.

HCL
13-02-10, 21:57
Yeah, examples are tanglin view, dunman view, lakeshore..FEO will never sell a unit at much discounted price. I ever made enquiry on dunman view during the early 2009 and the price quoted to me was never a discounted price and little room for negotiation at all...What i know is if they can't sell the remaining units, they rent out the units. Many of their remaining units are rented out. A different approach from the rest of the developers.

In other point of view, FEO protects previous buyers so that they know they are being price protected by developer. It won't be some developers that drop their price so much when time is bad

proud owner
14-02-10, 00:42
In other point of view, FEO protects previous buyers so that they know they are being price protected by developer. It won't be some developers that drop their price so much when time is bad

hahaha

on the other hand .. if mkt collapses, and one loses his job ... he may be forced to sell lower ... can he sell to FEO ? who is 'supporting' the price ?

Cactus72
14-02-10, 08:33
haha..you really think they are so noble?
They can afford to hold and not willing to sell cheaper because they alrdy had charged a high premium to existing buyers. Your unit bought fm them will not enjoy much appreciation in price as the price they sell to you is 'future' price. Imagine you bought a unit 5 years ago from them and deciding to sell now. You will find out that they also have balance stocks and selling at the same price you bought. How would you feel?

ppc88
14-02-10, 09:22
haha..you really think they are so noble?
They can afford to hold and not willing to sell cheaper because they alrdy had charged a high premium to existing buyers. Your unit bought fm them will not enjoy much appreciation in price as the price they sell to you is 'future' price. Imagine you bought a unit 5 years ago from them and deciding to sell now. You will find out that they also have balance stocks and selling at the same price you bought. How would you feel?

got like dat ah? :doh: which condo was it? skarly negative equity because of their high pricing policy!

peterng8
15-02-10, 07:25

Hillview regency is also one of them still got developer unit there..price not drop a single cents that is what I heard...

Condorich
15-02-10, 11:15
Yes, that is typical for FEO...

That's how the Late Ng became the richest man in Singapore (one of the many reasons actually). Unsold units sitting on books at current prices.

Can look around.. I subscribe to the price protection policy... look at the Lehman Saga... many developers slashed their prices in Nov, Dec 09 but look at FEO's pricing. Maintain or even higher??
:doh:

However, I do agree with others when they comment about the quality. It's not the developer but it is actually their sub contractors who are squeezed real tight... that is what happens after that.

Just compare these two's pricing and you shall have the answer which is a better choice. But then again, to each his own. Good Luck.

27-Mar-08 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2008/pr08-31.html)26-May-08 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2008/pr08-56.html)28-May-08 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2008/pr08-58.html)Choa Chu Kang Drive (http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=546)ResidentialResidential19,000.0 [53,200] Tian Hock Properties Pte Ltd $ 116,010,000.00 $ 2,180.64 99
23-Jan-08 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2008/pr08-11.html)19-Mar-08 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2008/pr08-28.html)28-Mar-08 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2008/pr08-32.html)West Coast Crescent (http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=530)ResidentialResidential12,000.0[33,600]Billion Rise Limited $ 110,440,000.00 $ 3,286.90 99

Condorich
15-02-10, 22:47

Hi PPC88

Maybe you are right... recent listings seems to suggest so... but as always, do you own calls and verify.. a lot of agents do fake listings just to get new leads... beware...

If you are able to get a unit at developer's price or even less than developer's price, that is really a bargain at this time. Do share if that is the case and congrats :)

S$ 670,000 Negotiable
S$ 676.77 psf (built-in) 2 Bedders
990 sqft / 92 sqm (built-in)
For Sale - Mi Casa (D23) (http://forums.condosingapore.com/listing/585858/for-sale-mi-casa)
Condominium (99-year Leasehold)
341 Choa Chu Kang Drive
Advertised by Fion Chia - call 82823600
Listed on Jan 25, 2010

S$ 832,650 Negotiable
S$ 650.00 psf (built-in)
1,281 sqft / 119 sqm (built-in) 3 Bedders
For Sale - Mi Casa (D23) (http://forums.condosingapore.com/listing/629229/for-sale-mi-casa)
Condominium (99-year Leasehold)
341 Choa Chu Kang Drive
Advertised by Jansen Chua - call 83330189
Listed on Feb 2, 2010
Already co-broked

Reporter
18-02-10, 01:01
Mi Casa's all-time high of $806 psf, set in April 2009, has been broken finally.
The nëw hïgh is now $828 psf!

The project is now 82% sold.
Congratulations!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
Mi Casa ........... OCR ....... 373 ...................... 15 .......................... 828 .............. 731 ............. 680

iridrium
18-02-10, 08:35
However, I do agree with others when they comment about the quality. It's not the developer but it is actually their sub contractors who are squeezed real tight... that is what happens after that.

Well, ultimately it links back to the developer isn't it? If the developer release the tender for contractors and subcontractors on a certain "cut back" specifications and these contractors and sub cons bidded based on these specs.

a good developer provides the quality they promised. The lousy ones try all means to cut corners.

iridrium
18-02-10, 08:36
Mi Casa's all-time high of $806 psf, set in April 2009, has been broken finally.
The nëw hïgh is now $828 psf!

Ridiculous price to pay, if you ask me.

jitkiat
18-02-10, 08:48
Not surprising given that Kovan Residences can sell for 1000psf and Casa Merah at 880psf. The next mass market launch Estuary @ Yishun will set the floor price for the mass market projects soon. In fact, if all the mass market projects are sold by FEO, you can be assured of a bubble ... as they never lower price.

Condorich
19-02-10, 08:54
Not sure if this is the first sub sale at this project, modest gain

317 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #03-15
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$590
$660k
23 Apr 09

317 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #03-15
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$643
$720k
29 Sep 09

Snail
19-02-10, 11:59
Is there any gains once fees, duties and charges are taken into account?

On the face of it it just looks like somebody getting himself out of trouble.

Antz621
19-02-10, 12:32
Is there any gains once fees, duties and charges are taken into account?

On the face of it it just looks like somebody getting himself out of trouble.

Deducting away SD, 2% Agent Comm and full refund of Legal Fees; left 28+k. Yes you are right, somebody just hopped himself/herself out of the crazy wagon. :p

Condorich
19-02-10, 12:48
oh dear..... Hope that other sub sales are not indeed cheap sales...

Wait for land sales result for lot 1 and more transactions if ever...

sfwoo
19-02-10, 13:30
Deducting away SD, 2% Agent Comm and full refund of Legal Fees; left 28+k. Yes you are right, somebody just hopped himself/herself out of the crazy wagon. :p
Clever one.
US just raised interest rates for banks' loans...
We will see increase in SIBOR here, and for those not on fixed rates mortgages, increase in interests costs of loans akan datang.

Reporter
19-02-10, 14:22
Clever one.
We will see increase in SIBOR here, and for those not on fixed rates mortgages, increase in interests costs of loans akan datang.
Are you sure US have raised their benchmark rates?

"The modifications are not expected to lead to tighter financial conditions for households and businesses and do not signal any change in the outlook for the economy or for monetary policy, which remains about as it was at the January meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)."
- US Federal Reserve

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world_business/view/1038417/1/.html

The rate is different from benchmark rates which is what determines if Singapore follows suit in their setting of the SIBOR. The FED has reiterated again that they will not increase benchmark rates anytime soon. Read the article above.

sfwoo
19-02-10, 14:30
Are you sure US have raised their benchmark rates?

"The modifications are not expected to lead to tighter financial conditions for households and businesses and do not signal any change in the outlook for the economy or for monetary policy, which remains about as it was at the January meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)."
- US Federal Reserve
Not benchmark rates, just the "discount rates"...
Wait and watch the knockon effects on SIBOR.
I am not on fixed rate...hence, I will feel it, and I think, soon.

bargain hunter
19-02-10, 14:33
why don't you switch to fixed rates then? there are some <2% 3 year fixed rates around if i am not wrong?

Reporter
19-02-10, 14:46
The US intend to keep their interest rates exceptionally low for an extended period. Are you sure it is wise for us to increase our rates? Are we not afraid of attracting liquidity into our shore?

http://www.avmaroc.com/images/actualite/thumbs/aid-149162_0.jpg
Fed hikes rate on bank loans amid easing financial crisis
P. Parameswaran
Agence France-Presse
Washington, D.C., U.S.
Thursday, 18 February 2010, 6.09 pm U.S. EST

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20100218/capt.photo_1266528680939-2-0.jpg
US Federal Reserve in Washington, DC. The Federal Reserve said Thursday it was increasing the discount rate, the interest rate it charges on emergency loans to banks, to 0.75 percent from 0.5%. - Photo: Karen Bleier, AFP

The US Federal Reserve said Thursday it was increasing the interest rate it charged on emergency loans to banks in a move to normalize lending after radical measures to jolt the economy from recession.

The Fed said the hike in the discount rate, or the primary credit rate, to 0.75% from 0.5% would be effective Friday and reflected the easing of the financial crisis that resulted from a home-mortgage meltdown.

In a statement, the Federal Reserve Board said that "in light of continued improvement in financial market conditions, it had unanimously approved several modifications to the terms of its discount window lending programs."

With immediate effect, the maximum maturity period for primary credit loans would also be shortened to overnight.

Primary credit is provided by the Fed and the regional central banks on a fully secured basis to depository institutions that are in generally sound condition as a backup source of funds, the statement said.

The Fed also said that it had raised the minimum bid rate for the so-called term auction facility by 0.25% point to 0.5%.

The central bank created the facility in December 2007, when the United States plunged into recession, to further improve the access of depository institutions to term funding.

The Fed made clear that the changes did not reflect any tightening of monetary policy.

"The modifications are not expected to lead to tighter financial conditions for households and businesses and do not signal any change in the outlook for the economy or for monetary policy, which remains about as it was at the January meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)," it said.

At the January 26-27 meeting, the FOMC, the policy-making body of of the central bank, left its target range for the federal funds rate -- the rate at which the banks charge each other for overnight loans -- at 0% to 0.25%.

It had said that it anticipated economic conditions were likely to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for an extended period.

Fed chief Ben Bernanke had hinted last week about the rise in the discount rate but some analysts expressed surprise it would be made that soon.

"The exact timing is a surprise but the key point is that this has no implications for the stance of monetary policy in the broader economy," said Ian Shepherdson, chief US economist at High Frequency Economics.

"The point of raising the discount rate is to continue the gradual process of normalization of the Fed's dealings with the markets," he said.

The increase in the discount rate announced Thursday widens the spread between the primary credit rate and the top of the federal funds target range to 0.5% point, the Fed statement said.

The discount rate spread over the Fed funds target maximum was cut to 0.25% during the financial crisis.

"The increase in the spread and reduction in maximum maturity will encourage depository institutions to rely on private funding markets for short-term credit and to use the Federal Reserve's primary credit facility only as a backup source of funds," the cental bank said.

sfwoo
19-02-10, 14:48
why don't you switch to fixed rates then? there are some <2% 3 year fixed rates around if i am not wrong?
Got claw back if don't complete 3 yrs.

ppc88
20-02-10, 02:12
Clever one.

gahmen just launched new 'cooling' measures, we could see prices drop further! yay!

jwong71
20-02-10, 03:04
gahmen just launched new 'cooling' measures, we could see prices drop further! yay!

when govt implented new measures of Defer payment scheme to be scrap off. we dont see the prices drop.. do we..?

Condorich
20-02-10, 04:46

It is not necessary the case and I tend to subscribe that it actually limits supply from those affected, which are the new property sales. MI CASA or any other projects that had been sold prior to today are not restricted and in fact are better off. They could increase their price by adding in the sellers stamp duty when it becomes accepted as a industry norm (3 to 6 months later). Some crook agents might smoke their way and inflate the price by that much, which if there is a willing sucker, have more grounds to ask for more commissions.

Unless the owners have liquidity problems as in any other projects, you are not going to expect cheap sales... Even for D9,10,11 properties, you have cheap sales from time to time which excludes Auction sales. Your statement is too general.

ppc88
20-02-10, 05:54
It is not necessary the case and I tend to subscribe that it actually limits supply from those affected, which are the new property sales. MI CASA or any other projects that had been sold prior to today are not restricted and in fact are better off. They could increase their price by adding in the sellers stamp duty when it becomes accepted as a industry norm (3 to 6 months later). Some crook agents might smoke their way and inflate the price by that much, which if there is a willing sucker, have more grounds to ask for more commissions.

Unless the owners have liquidity problems as in any other projects, you are not going to expect cheap sales... Even for D9,10,11 properties, you have cheap sales from time to time which excludes Auction sales. Your statement is too general.

You have a very good point. But with the new measures, more people will think before getting loans and buying from sub sale mkts, like the one in Mi Casa. Hence, the demand-side effect is worth looking at. I believe it will dampen mood a bit, which means it might be a gd time to swoop in the coming few months, before new norms are established.

noblebaby
06-03-10, 14:00
construction started for this project?

You have a very good point. But with the new measures, more people will think before getting loans and buying from sub sale mkts, like the one in Mi Casa. Hence, the demand-side effect is worth looking at. I believe it will dampen mood a bit, which means it might be a gd time to swoop in the coming few months, before new norms are established.

eddiehu
06-03-10, 16:36
Ya, the foundation will be up soon, the estimated TOP will early 2013 or late 2012. 2 more years and residents can move into their "My Home".

noblebaby
07-03-10, 00:00
my friend bought a unit, and developer already asking for the first 10%, so fast?

Ya, the foundation will be up soon, the estimated TOP will early 2013 or late 2012. 2 more years and residents can move into their "My Home".

Condorich
08-03-10, 14:49
progressive payment

It depends on what stage did you buy from the developer... if it is at a level say 50%, then you have to pay catching up... almost immediately.

If you get it way early, you did not have to pay the 10% until they lay the foundation.

jitkiat
15-03-10, 17:26
319 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #11-19
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$827psf
$1130k
09 Feb 10

Dun know whether new / subsale .... kudos to the agent for a such a big price differential

Condorich
05-04-10, 16:51
319 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 #11-19
99 Yrs From 25/08/2008
$827psf
$1130k
09 Feb 10

Dun know whether new / subsale .... kudos to the agent for a such a big price differential

New sale.

Any special discount or kickbacks given?

Reporter
15-04-10, 17:42
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2010
Mi Casa ........... OCR ....... 399 ...................... 13 .......................... 793 .............. 738 .............. 715

housewife
27-04-10, 11:57
For master bath, there're 3 choices:
a. Sunken bath complete iwth bath shower mixer and rain shower mixer (I think it was in show flat)
b. Long Bath complete with bath shower mixer and rain shower mixer
c. Shower area complete with bath shower mixer and rain shower mixer

Anyone knows what is b. Long Bath? Is it a bath tub? How to find out? Are all 3 options in the showflat? I only remember the Sunken bath

jonleelk
27-04-10, 22:49
Iirc, the 4-bedders have a long bath, aka bath tub.

noblebaby
27-04-10, 22:59
Hows the construction? Any one has photo to share?

Reporter
17-05-10, 14:07
While Caspian and Centris, located in better locations, are busy debating if their hïghs of $964 psf and $931 psf respectively make sense, Mi Casa has quietly hit a nëw hïgh of $914 psf!

Let see if it can shame them by being the first to clear that $1,000 psf hurdle.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
Mi Casa ........... OCR ....... 413 ...................... 14 .......................... 914 .............. 782 .............. 736

noblebaby
18-05-10, 23:38
good job from Far East... :D

While Caspian and Centris, located in better locations, are busy debating if their hïghs of $964 psf and $931 psf respectively make sense, Mi Casa has quietly hit a nëw hïgh of $914 psf!

Let see if it can shame them by being the first to clear that $1,000 psf hurdle.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
Mi Casa ........... OCR ....... 413 ...................... 14 .......................... 914 .............. 782 .............. 736

akow
20-05-10, 22:30
good job from Far East... :D

Has anyone received notification from their legal firms that Mi Casa's foundation is done, and hence to pay the 10% soon under progressive payment?

Thomas Chee
22-05-10, 14:40
Hows the construction? Any one has photo to share?

http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid/84/afv/topic/aff/308/aft/61554/afpg/8/Default.aspx

amk
22-05-10, 17:29
...hmmm why is this project still not yet sold out ? still have almost 10%. look , places like Livia, Double Bay, Waterfront Key, etc with more units all got sold out already... not that this one is particularly more expensive...

devilplate
22-05-10, 17:55
CCK mah..less desirable

the hdb rental over there oredi tough...

noblebaby
22-05-10, 18:31
have you received?

last week heard from my fren who bought a unit, he said construction is quite fast, and they have started to pay for the installment.

Has anyone received notification from their legal firms that Mi Casa's foundation is done, and hence to pay the 10% soon under progressive payment?

Wild Falcon
23-05-10, 16:19
Livia started selling one year earlier in 2008 while Mi Casa is in 2009 lah. Anyway, 10% left is not a bad performance at all. And I think East side is more heavily populated with the largest estates e.g. Tampines, Bedok in the area. Greater population catchment = greater density = greater demand from upgradeers. The likes of Choa Chu Kang or Bukit Panjang are very small estates and surroundings are nature reserves or farmland or Mandai which means catchment demand is smaller as compared to high density estates like Tampines or Bedok.

...hmmm why is this project still not yet sold out ? still have almost 10%. look , places like Livia, Double Bay, Waterfront Key, etc with more units all got sold out already... not that this one is particularly more expensive...

Regulators
23-05-10, 17:37
industrial pollution in the west is heavily compensated by the nature reserves and the green belts in the west. the higher human density in tampines and bedok compared to bukit batok or bukit panjang is a no concern coz our population is quite insignificant compared to even the cattle in new zealand.

Livia started selling one year earlier in 2008 while Mi Casa is in 2009 lah. Anyway, 10% left is not a bad performance at all. And I think East side is more heavily populated with the largest estates e.g. Tampines, Bedok in the area. Greater population catchment = greater density = greater demand from upgradeers. The likes of Choa Chu Kang or Bukit Panjang are very small estates and surroundings are nature reserves or farmland or Mandai which means catchment demand is smaller as compared to high density estates like Tampines or Bedok.

noblebaby
23-05-10, 20:26
yes, its a FEO project. 10% left is considered a very good performance.

Wild Falcon
23-05-10, 22:46
Not sure why you suddenly talk about pollution in a Choa Chu Kang thread? Distance from West Coast (obviously coastal areas are the most polluted due to heavy industrial Islands) to Choa Chu Kang is like 10 km. Incidentally distance along the coast from West Coast to the city is also around 10km. How wide is the whole Singapore? We're just talking about lower demand in CCK due to lower population density - dun be so sensitive - nobody is saying Bedok is polluted - it's just dense :)

So the same 10km can be drawn horizontally or vertically lah. Drawn horizontally and you reach the city center. Oops.

industrial pollution in the west is heavily compensated by the nature reserves and the green belts in the west. the higher human density in tampines and bedok compared to bukit batok or bukit panjang is a no concern coz our population is quite insignificant compared to even the cattle in new zealand.

jitkiat
29-05-10, 10:07
New high #11-31 > 800psf

Thomas Chee
29-05-10, 12:16
Only high floor unit left, check out FEO website-> http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload/CMS/Pdf/MiCasa-FEOWeb.pdf

Komo
29-05-10, 16:15
Only high floor unit left, check out FEO website-> http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload/CMS/Pdf/MiCasa-FEOWeb.pdf

I wonder why still mainly high floor units left. Usually these are amongst the quickest to be taken up.

bargain hunter
29-05-10, 21:52
far east traditionally prices the high floor units at super high psf vs the lower floors.

I wonder why still mainly high floor units left. Usually these are amongst the quickest to be taken up.

Thomas Chee
29-05-10, 22:10
micasa home owners, lets get connected and share your pictures in facebook-> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114951455212410

Regulators
29-05-10, 22:17
are you running a security company?

micasa home owners, lets get connected and share your pictures in facebook-> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114951455212410

Thomas Chee
30-05-10, 12:58
are you running a security company?

Hi regulators, i find it quite difficult to share pictures over in the forum here as it asked for an url link instead of allowing one to upload directly. So I've just suggested to do some sharing in facebook afterall it is only pictures of micasa development, thus it required nothing of any security nature.:)

Regulators
30-05-10, 16:35
bro u misunderstood me lah, i literally meant a security manpower company coz i know a guy with ur name running a security manpower agency.

Hi regulators, i find it quite difficult to share pictures over in the forum here as it asked for an url link instead of allowing one to upload directly. So I've just suggested to do some sharing in facebook afterall it is only pictures of micasa development, thus it required nothing of any security nature.:)

Thomas Chee
30-05-10, 23:31
Hi regulators, I'm in the teaching line.:) How about yourself, noted you been very active here. Hope to learn from your sharings on the property market too. :D

Regulators
30-05-10, 23:39
we are in the same trade but i dont work for MOE. I run an education biz however.

Hi regulators, I'm in the teaching line.:) How about yourself, noted you been very active here. Hope to learn from your sharings on the property market too. :D

yshuang
16-06-10, 11:29
Anybody know whether the land between Choa Chu kang Park and Mi Casa will keep as park area?

yshuang
16-06-10, 13:52
Anybody know whether the land between Choa Chu kang Park and Mi Casa will keep as park area?

I have got some info. from the forum #244

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/pwb-elgparks(frame).htm