PDA

View Full Version : Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mr funny
11-02-09, 12:54
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,318454,00.html?

Published February 11, 2009

Launch of 6 more condos likely in next few months

All but one of these private condo projects are on 99-yr-leasehold sites

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

DEVELOPERS of at least six mass-market private condos could release their projects in the next few months, riding on buying momentum generated lately by the Caspian condo near Jurong Lake - despite the recession.

Property consultancy CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) tips Oasis @ Elias, The Gale on Flora Road in Upper Changi and Ascentia Sky on Alexandra Road among projects for possible launch in the next two quarters.

Others include UOL's 646-unit condo at Simei Street 4, Frasers Centrepoint's project in Woodleigh Close and a 571-unit condo by NTUC Choice Homes at Lor 2/3 Toa Payoh near Braddell MRT Station.

All but one of these projects are on 99-year-leasehold sites bought through government land tenders in the past 14 months. The exception is The Gale, a freehold condo to be developed by Tripartite Developers as the latest in its series of condo projects in the Upper Changi location.

Frasers Centrepoint's recent sales spurt for Caspian has shown where the base price is for the mass market.

The developer released the first 250 units of the 99-year-leasehold condo during a preview last week, at an average price of $580 per square foot (psf), followed by a second batch of about 130 better-facing units at $600 psf. So far, more than 330 units have been sold in the development, which is next to Lakeside MRT Station.

BT understands the developer is likely to offer a further 150 units during a public launch this weekend - and that pricing is likely to be calibrated upwards.

CBRE executive director Joseph Tan attributes the good response to Caspian partly to its timely launch, coinciding with the government's announcement in Parliament that it will upgrade, expand and transform Jurong into a business and recreational hub.

'The project is also priced competitively, within the affordability of HDB upgraders,' he said. 'The sales momentum seen at Caspian is an encouragement to developers to get their projects ready for launch in the second and third quarters of 2009.'

Knight Frank executive director Peter Ow said that in current conditions, mass-market suburban projects aimed at HDB upgraders are more likely to sell than projects in other segments.

'After all, HDB upgraders buying private homes for their own occupation are the core group of buyers left today,' he said. 'Investors and 'specu-vestors' are lying low. And as for foreign buyers, investing in overseas properties might not be a priority right now.'

Amid today's tight lending climate, owner-occupiers are also more likely to secure finance from banks than investors, provided they have the means to service their loans, Mr Ow said.

He reckons that for condos in outlying areas near MRT stations, the price resistance for a new launch in today's market would probably be in the $600-650 psf range on average.

Another analyst put a price resistance in a higher band of $750-$850 psf for condos in mature HDB estates such as Toa Payoh and Ang Mo Kio.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-02-11/krlaunch11.jpg

propertyguru
15-02-09, 19:35
Anyone have any idea what will be the indicative pricing for this project? Location is excellent. Bigger plot of land than neighbouring Metropolitan, away from MRT noise but still near enough (2 minutes walk). Orchard facing side has unblocked views though Harbourfront side is blocked I believe (partly by Metropolitan). Con is obviously the 99 yr leasehold.

If I am not wrong, the land was acquired in 2007 at a very high price. Reports at that time indicated > 750psf to break even. The pricing of this project will be rather interesting.

teresa
16-02-09, 15:14
Anyone have any idea what will be the indicative pricing for this project? Location is excellent. Bigger plot of land than neighbouring Metropolitan, away from MRT noise but still near enough (2 minutes walk). Orchard facing side has unblocked views though Harbourfront side is blocked I believe (partly by Metropolitan). Con is obviously the 99 yr leasehold.

If I am not wrong, the land was acquired in 2007 at a very high price. Reports at that time indicated > 750psf to break even. The pricing of this project will be rather interesting.

Hi, I am also interested in this project due to its location. But looking at the breakeven price of 750psf, I would think the launch price would be around 800-900psf which IMO is too high at current situation. Anyway, it would be interesting to see how much they would sell for this project. :beats-me-man:

august
16-02-09, 15:20
neighboring metropolitan, a very similar condo soon to TOP, is transacting at around 800psf now... wonder what will the selling point for this wing tai project.

Allthepies
17-02-09, 21:23
Hi, I am also interested in this project due to its location. But looking at the breakeven price of 750psf, I would think the launch price would be around 800-900psf which IMO is too high at current situation. Anyway, it would be interesting to see how much they would sell for this project. :beats-me-man:

Indeed I agree that the pricing will be interesting for this development.

Seems that Wing Tai bidded quite high for this land, heard the break even is at $1000psf :doh:, read below

http://www.sghousing.com/2007/12/28/wing-tai-unit-makes-top-bid-for-alexandra-plot/

alexis has set a price ceiling at 1100psf. But that's a FH.. guess the developer will have a hard time deciding the price for this one..:rolleyes:

dtrax
17-02-09, 21:44
Yes break even is over $1k psf.. it would be an interesting development to see how WT will price these units considering it is a 99LH :)

teresa
18-02-09, 10:54
I think the location is very good in that:-

- travelling to Orchard rd is just a mere 5 min. drive from Tanglin rd.
- going towards CBD/IR/ECP/AYE is a breeze
- it is sitting on a very prime location which is also near amenities such as
Redhill MRT, hawker centres, wet markets etc etc

Unfortunately, its a 99 leasehold which can be a turnoff for potential buyer.

propertyguru
18-02-09, 11:28
I think the location is very good in that:-

- travelling to Orchard rd is just a mere 5 min. drive from Tanglin rd.
- going towards CBD/IR/ECP/AYE is a breeze
- it is sitting on a very prime location which is also near amenities such as
Redhill MRT, hawker centres, wet markets etc etc

Unfortunately, its a 99 leasehold which can be a turnoff for potential buyer.

I agree about the location. Prefer it to Tiong Bahru, which is nearer to town, but more crowded. Redhill is still quiet for now. Would consider paying 700 to 800 psf for the development, even if 99 yr leasehold, but I doubt it will be launched for anything near that price.

vin002
18-02-09, 15:35
I agree about the location. Prefer it to Tiong Bahru, which is nearer to town, but more crowded. Redhill is still quiet for now. Would consider paying 700 to 800 psf for the development, even if 99 yr leasehold, but I doubt it will be launched for anything near that price.

For 700 to 800pdf, you should consider Metropolitan now as currently, there are fire sales in some of the units as TOP is near. But for Wingtai, it should launch around $900-$1K psf.

And when that happened, Metropolitan price will be at least be holding at $850psf.

propertyguru
18-02-09, 17:03
Unfortunately, I am not that keen on Metropolitan's location so near the train track. The plot of land also looks awfully small compared to Ascentia's. Plus, once the latter is built, Metropolitan will be hemmed in by the tall HDB on one side and Ascentia on the other. Unless you take up one of the very high units.

Of course, if Metropolitan's price is sufficiently low, I might consider. When you speak of fire sale, how low is the psf? These days, there are plenty of "fire sales" in the Classifieds, but when you call up, the prices are never fire sale prices. Haha.

vin002
19-02-09, 07:49
Unfortunately, I am not that keen on Metropolitan's location so near the train track. The plot of land also looks awfully small compared to Ascentia's. Plus, once the latter is built, Metropolitan will be hemmed in by the tall HDB on one side and Ascentia on the other. Unless you take up one of the very high units.

Of course, if Metropolitan's price is sufficiently low, I might consider. When you speak of fire sale, how low is the psf? These days, there are plenty of "fire sales" in the Classifieds, but when you call up, the prices are never fire sale prices. Haha.

"Fire Sales" will mean selling below $750psf. I noted the bigger units are letting off at a low price now. Not sure if at a lost but worth taking a look.

There was a transaction in Dec sold at $710psf.

teresa
25-02-09, 13:52
"Fire Sales" will mean selling below $750psf. I noted the bigger units are letting off at a low price now. Not sure if at a lost but worth taking a look.

There was a transaction in Dec sold at $710psf.

Hi, when it comes to the word "Fire sale", we need to be mindful about the psf, don't be fooled by agents who are currently using it very frequently.

As of now, I am still not able to see any "real" fire sale, meaning eg. Citilights selling at 500psf not 950 - 1000psf owners are currently still asking. I am still not seeing Metropolitan selling at 600psf and not 750-800psf owners are still asking. I still believe with the rate our Singaporeans are losing their jobs, I will not be surprised prices will crash down to launch psf 2-3 years ago. Lets watch and see.:beats-me-man:

vin002
25-02-09, 14:44
Hi, when it comes to the word "Fire sale", we need to be mindful about the psf, don't be fooled by agents who are currently using it very frequently.

As of now, I am still not able to see any "real" fire sale, meaning eg. Citilights selling at 500psf not 950 - 1000psf owners are currently still asking. I am still not seeing Metropolitan selling at 600psf and not 750-800psf owners are still asking. I still believe with the rate our Singaporeans are losing their jobs, I will not be surprised prices will crash down to launch psf 2-3 years ago. Lets watch and see.:beats-me-man:

Hi, I agree with you. But I always believe that "Fire Sale" in housing if really like what you mention eg. Metropolitan for $600psf where the launch price is average $750psf. The first person to buy will be the property agent. Under normal circumstances, no seller will want to sell below their purchase price. Anyone selling equal to their purchase price will already made a lose for stamp duty & agent commission. When that happened, it is already considered as "Fire Sale" to me.

The prices will be low for certain property when the owner has no holding power or the property was bought at a lower price. In the first situation, most likely the owner already has some financial problem. However, in a land shortage country and past few years where the land and construction cost is high, a few property has set the "new low" for the base. Therefore, unless you are referring to older property, it will be quite unlikely to reach the previous low except for some unfortunate situation.

As long as it is a good deal, I believe in letting others earn a bit if you can afford. No point in throwing stone to others that have fallen to the well. What rounds go round. You may need help in some days...

Nevertheless, there are still some real "Fire Sale" if you sniff hard enough.

focus
25-02-09, 15:06
How do we find out the actual area of the built-up and land for a new terrace.

Do they have floor plan or some document? What is that called?

august
25-02-09, 15:12
Decline in pty prices is mirroring the economic slide going on now. Periods of gradual unnoticeable slide with sudden shocks in between. Because all the govts are trying their hardest to hold & maintain the status quo. But this is just delaying the inevitable. So imho be patient.

focus
25-02-09, 15:23
How do we find out the actual area of the built-up and land for a new terrace.

Do they have floor plan or some document? What is that called?

By the way.. where can we find past transactions of landed houses ..
The URA one only trace back till 2007..
I am interested to know what Serangoon Gardens cost in 2004/5.

Eyeing one property now that is 2100 land, 4200 builtup(with PES) and selling for $2mil now.

teresa
26-02-09, 07:23
Hi, I agree with you. But I always believe that "Fire Sale" in housing if really like what you mention eg. Metropolitan for $600psf where the launch price is average $750psf. The first person to buy will be the property agent. Under normal circumstances, no seller will want to sell below their purchase price. Anyone selling equal to their purchase price will already made a lose for stamp duty & agent commission. When that happened, it is already considered as "Fire Sale" to me.

The prices will be low for certain property when the owner has no holding power or the property was bought at a lower price. In the first situation, most likely the owner already has some financial problem. However, in a land shortage country and past few years where the land and construction cost is high, a few property has set the "new low" for the base. Therefore, unless you are referring to older property, it will be quite unlikely to reach the previous low except for some unfortunate situation.

As long as it is a good deal, I believe in letting others earn a bit if you can afford. No point in throwing stone to others that have fallen to the well. What rounds go round. You may need help in some days...

Nevertheless, there are still some real "Fire Sale" if you sniff hard enough.

Yup, agree with you on the above. Its now a matter of waiting game between seller and buyer to see who will crack eventually. But with the recent sale of both Alexis and Caspian and with such a good take up rate, I am sure many buyers are now pondering whether is it the right time to go in and buy or just continue to wait for prices to go down.

For me, if Ascentia Sky launches at around 800psf, I will buy it as I am able to afford it without much difficulty. I am confident when the market turns around in 2-3 years time, the prices will be able to move up another 10-20% without much difficulty. This is just my thoughts.

vin002
26-02-09, 07:38
Yup, agree with you on the above. Its now a matter of waiting game between seller and buyer to see who will crack eventually. But with the recent sale of both Alexis and Caspian and with such a good take up rate, I am sure many buyers are now pondering whether is it the right time to go in and buy or just continue to wait for prices to go down.

For me, if Ascentia Sky launches at around 800psf, I will buy it as I am able to afford it without much difficulty. I am confident when the market turns around in 2-3 years time, the prices will be able to move up another 10-20% without much difficulty. This is just my thoughts.

If you are considering Ascentia Sky at around $800psf, I suggest you sniff out the good buy at Metropolitan. In comparison, Wing Tai Vs CapitaLand, CapitaLand has a better name.

In addition, Metropolitan is going to TOP soon and definitely will have a good buy. Ascentia should launch around $900psf level which I will consider pricey for above $850. Besides, once Metropolitan TOP, the owner will have holding power and due to the launch of Ascentia at a higher price, it will mean that such good buy at Metropolitan may disappear.

PN
26-02-09, 07:44

I like what you say. In fact I think you're the first to say this. Give those in the deep some breathing space.

I hope you will get the best deal. :cheers5:

teresa
26-02-09, 09:51
If you are considering Ascentia Sky at around $800psf, I suggest you sniff out the good buy at Metropolitan. In comparison, Wing Tai Vs CapitaLand, CapitaLand has a better name.

In addition, Metropolitan is going to TOP soon and definitely will have a good buy. Ascentia should launch around $900psf level which I will consider pricey for above $850. Besides, once Metropolitan TOP, the owner will have holding power and due to the launch of Ascentia at a higher price, it will mean that such good buy at Metropolitan may disappear.

Thanks and I have in fact also consider Metropolitan but I felt that its really too close to the MRT track unless you are able to get a unit facing Tanglin road. I've previously stayed near a MRT track b4 and I can vouched for the noise every day, every 5-10 minutes which can be a nighmare for some. Yes, agree that Capitaland will be much better against Wing Tai in terms of also the finishing and quality but its just the location that I am pretty uncomfortable with.

propertyguru
26-02-09, 09:56
Thanks and I have in fact also consider Metropolitan but I felt that its really too close to the MRT track unless you are able to get a unit facing Tanglin road. I've previously stayed near a MRT track b4 and I can vouched for the noise every day, every 5-10 minutes which can be a nighmare for some. Yes, agree that Capitaland will be much better against Wing Tai in terms of also the finishing and quality but its just the location that I am pretty uncomfortable with.

Wow, you share my exact same views. Maybe we can be neighbours next time ;-) Anyway, I have been checking out the site, and it seems to me that they are building the condo at the same time they are building the showflat. I suppose the 99yr leasehold means that the developers cannot choose to sit on the plot of land and wait out the recession even if they did acquire the land at peak prices in 2007.

vin002
26-02-09, 10:46

I agree on the track part. Therefore, your best bet is to sniff out the best deal now for the units facing Tanglin. The TOP is expected to be in Jul/Aug this year. So keep a look out a few months before Jul and you should get a good deal facing Tanglin...

proud owner
26-02-09, 10:49
I like what you say. In fact I think you're the first to say this. Give those in the deep some breathing space.

I hope you will get the best deal. :cheers5:

hey

i always believe that ..let the next person make some money ..

a friend of mine bought a old 20 yr unit at 750k (1560 sqft) 10yrs ago ..
during the last boom ...someone was willing to pay 2 mio for it ...as there was enbloc talks at that time ...

i told my friend to let it go ..pocket the money ...but he wasnt ready to let the other person make some money ( if enbloc, would be 2.5-2.8 mio)

i said let it go ... you make 1 mio , let the next buyer make 0.5-0.8m but he takes over the RISK (if no enbloc) ...

he didnt sell ...

true enuff enbloc didnt go thru ... now its back to 850 psf

Property_Owner
26-02-09, 11:16
hey

during the last boom ...someone was willing to pay 2 mio for it ...as there was enbloc talks at that time ...

i told my friend to let it go ..pocket the money ...but he wasnt ready to let the other person make some money ( if enbloc, would be 2.5-2.8 mio)

i said let it go ... you make 1 mio , let the next buyer make 0.5-0.8m but he takes over the RISK (if no enbloc) ...

he didnt sell ...

Risk, I like this word.

focus
26-02-09, 12:19
Yup.. I have come to believe that in every investment.. there is a cycle..

Equities, Bonds, Properties..

The problem with most people is not knowing when to sell..
There is always opportunities around when you have cash..
So, why want to hang on to the last drop of profit ..

Got enough profit, you identify a better opportunity..
cash out and get into the other one.

Don't just play property alone..

But this time round..keke.. everything goes down together..Not like last time.. sell out of the equities bull in time for the property boom ..then sell out of property boom in time for the next equities bull
So I think invest in any of the asset class is safe.. maybe bonds not as attractive reward relative to equities and properties.

PN
26-02-09, 12:28
hey

he didnt sell ...

What a waste. You provided a sound advise but it was not sold. Otherwise he would had made a good profit. A typical case of not having a clear mind and being too greedy. Paper gain is not real.

Always make some profit when there is still opportunity and let the next person win some & bear the risk.

You are indeed an expert. I also learnt the same from others. It's like a soccer game. Don't hold on to the ball for too long, pass it to the next player. He's the one who will get tackle not you.

august
26-02-09, 12:43
What a waste. You provided a sound advise but it was not sold. Otherwise he would had made a good profit. A typical case of not having a clear mind and being too greedy. Paper gain is not real.

Always make some profit when there is still opportunity and let the next person win some & bear the risk.

You are indeed an expert. I also learnt the same from others. It's like a soccer game. Don't hold on to the ball for too long, pass it to the next player. He's the one who will get tackle not you.

know someone who simply refused to sell cos the home is a retirement home for him... End up place kena enbloc, pocketed a bundle, but till today still kpkb and unhappy about the loss of his home... the irony hahaha :o

PropertiesHunter
26-02-09, 12:56
For me, if Ascentia Sky launches at around 800psf, I will buy it as I am able to afford it without much difficulty. I am confident when the market turns around in 2-3 years time, the prices will be able to move up another 10-20% without much difficulty. This is just my thoughts.[/quote]

Ascentia Sky by Wing Tai will not be at S$800psf. Imagine they bought at peak of 605psf. Build up cost let say on low side is S$350psf. To balance the cost is min S$955psf. Normally a profit gain of 10-15%, the price is at least 1050psf onward.
If they sell at S$1000psf after discount for the 1st hour on a VVIP launch.

I think if they sell 80 units at 1050psf. their share will fall another 15 to 25 cts on that day.:(

Metropolitan by now is still can get better bargain before TOP.
Developer price for facing redhill MRT is ave S$700psf, and facing tanglin is S$800psf. Am i right.

vin002
26-02-09, 13:14
hey

he didnt sell ...

Haha... I have a friend with similar situation. Owning a 5-Rm HDB (Not staying) and not willing to sell at the last boom which he can pocket about double the purchase price. His reason is due to short of 20K from his target price. After the drastic drop, he is more not willing to sell. Finally, after close to 10 years, he then managed to sell now. Should have sold previously and imagine what you could do with the money then till now.

teresa
26-02-09, 14:40

Ascentia Sky by Wing Tai will not be at S$800psf. Imagine they bought at peak of 605psf. Build up cost let say on low side is S$350psf. To balance the cost is min S$955psf. Normally a profit gain of 10-15%, the price is at least 1050psf onward.
If they sell at S$1000psf after discount for the 1st hour on a VVIP launch.

I think if they sell 80 units at 1050psf. their share will fall another 15 to 25 cts on that day.:(

Metropolitan by now is still can get better bargain before TOP.
Developer price for facing redhill MRT is ave S$700psf, and facing tanglin is S$800psf. Am i right.[/quote]

Yes, I think it will be rather interesting to wait and see what will be the eventual launch price for Ascentia Sky. Developer will have to strategize and price it correctly in order to maximize their sale, too high and they will end up with no takers, too low and they can't maximize their profits.

But if they were to launch it at anything above 1000psf, only the brave heart may bite, not me as I am still sceptical about the economy which is not only affecting the property markets, but having a ripple effect on the stock markets as well.

Hmmm, I am still not too comfi with the 99LH tag, just me. :beats-me-man:

PN
26-02-09, 18:39
know someone who simply refused to sell cos the home is a retirement home for him... End up place kena enbloc, pocketed a bundle, but till today still kpkb and unhappy about the loss of his home... the irony hahaha :o

This is a special case. He just want to retire there w/o the hassle of moving & getting himself familarize in the new place.

I've a few friend with many years investing in property. He shared with me some of his advises. The first one is actually very obvious but easily neglected. That is don't fall in love with your home. If you're too deeply in love with your house, you'll miss a good opportunity. The affection you have for the house can make you go blinded even when presented with a good offer in front of you. You get stuck there for many years and the same offer may never come again.

Don't stay in the same place for more than 5 years. There is a link between this and the first advise. If you buy a property at a good bargain, the chances is the value will rise in 4-5 yrs time. Sell at a profit & wait for the opportunity to invest in another property. Never never think that this is the best house you'll ever have. There's always an equivalent or better one out there.

Then where should you stay after selling the house? You need a backup property. Live in one & rent out the other one. When you sell one, move in to the property temperally. At some point you'll also need to sell this property.

It's something which is not easily executeable. The hassle of moving house every few years is not what everyone will enjoy. But my wife & I really like this idea. The exitment of waiting for key collection, revonation, buy new furnitures, etc make you busy & life suddenly becomes more interesting again.

vin002
26-02-09, 19:26
It's something which is not easily executeable. The hassle of moving house every few years is not what everyone will enjoy. But my wife & I really like this idea. The exitment of waiting for key collection, revonation, buy new furnitures, etc make you busy & life suddenly becomes more interesting again.

To make life more interesting is the reason why I look for property as well... 8)

teresa
26-02-09, 21:02
This is a special case. He just want to retire there w/o the hassle of moving & getting himself familarize in the new place.

I've a few friend with many years investing in property. He shared with me some of his advises. The first one is actually very obvious but easily neglected. That is don't fall in love with your home. If you're too deeply in love with your house, you'll miss a good opportunity. The affection you have for the house can make you go blinded even when presented with a good offer in front of you. You get stuck there for many years and the same offer may never come again.

Don't stay in the same place for more than 5 years. There is a link between this and the first advise. If you buy a property at a good bargain, the chances is the value will rise in 4-5 yrs time. Sell at a profit & wait for the opportunity to invest in another property. Never never think that this is the best house you'll ever have. There's always an equivalent or better one out there.

Then where should you stay after selling the house? You need a backup property. Live in one & rent out the other one. When you sell one, move in to the property temperally. At some point you'll also need to sell this property.

Hi PN, totally agree with yr friend's simple but realistic and effective way of "playing" properties. In order to execute it, u must have at least 2 properties, be it 1 private, 1 HDB or 2 privates. U will then have the benefit of relocation almost immediately once the price is right for u to let it go. I am currently renting 1 out to service the 1 I am staying. Even though I bought at a high price, I am fortunate my tenants are paying my bank loan for the next 2 years. After that, I can decide whether to sell one of them or continue to rent 1 out to service the other loan.

mr funny
02-03-09, 16:32
http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/Story/STIStory_344386.html

March 1, 2009

property

Property market starting to stir

Success of two new launches encourages a few developers to release their projects

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090228/ST_SUNTIMES_1_CURRENT_JTLAUNCH.jpg
Over the weekend, 30 units of the 102-unit St Patrick's Residences in St Patrick's Road in the East were launched. The 646-unit Double Bay Residences in Simei should go on sale soon, with prices set at around $650 psf to $680 psf. -- PHOTO: TG DEVELOPMENT PHOTO: UOL GROUP

View more photos (http://www.straitstimes.com/gallery/Invest/Story/STIStory_344386.html)

Thanks to the mini-buzz created by two new successful launches - Caspian in Jurong and Alexis @ Alexandra - a few developers have decided to release their projects for sale.

It is an improvement, even if it is just a slight one, from the very sombre mood a month ago, when market watchers were expecting the lull in the market to continue.

Over the weekend, TG Development launched 30 units of the freehold, 102-unit St Patrick's Residences in St Patrick's Road in the East.

On average, prices start at around $675 per sq ft (psf) for a two-bedroom unit and rise to about $900 psf for a four-bedroom penthouse.

Unit sizes range from 1,152 sq ft for the two-bedroom units to 3,423sqft for the four-bedroom penthouses. Some three-bedroom units can cost just under $1 million.

The interest absorption scheme, which allows buyers - if they take a loan from the start - to defer making any payments beyond the initial down payment until the project is completed, is offered at a 3 per cent premium.

Marketing agent Savills said the condominium offers quality furnishings and fittings usually associated with prime projects, and that a few units have been sold since the preview a week ago.

Near Upper Bukit Timah, Hiap Hoe has launched The Beverly, its 118-unit condo in Toh Tuck Road.

Each unit is served by a private lift. Prices start at $648 psf; the average price is $750 psf. This means that the total price per unit should start from just below $1 million.

Unit sizes range from 1,120 sq ft for the two-bedders to 4,187 sq ft for the four-bedders. There are also double-storey penthouses from 2,099 sq ft to 3,757 sq ft. Hiap Hoe is not offering the interest absorption scheme.

Other projects expected this month include Double Bay Residences in Simei, The Arte in Thomson, Domus in Irrawaddy Road and an 18-storey project in River Valley.

These are in the mass- to mid-market categories that, unlike the high-end segment, are still attracting buyers.

New home sales in January had plunged to a new low as developers and buyers kept to the sidelines.

The two new projects that sold very well about two to three weeks ago - Caspian and Alexis - helped revive the market mood to a certain extent.

The Caspian showflat was packed during the preview, when 300 out of 712 units were sold at average prices starting from $580 psf. So far, more than 500 units have been sold.

The 293 Alexis units were all sold at $950 psf to $1,250 psf, but the absolute prices were reasonable, given that most units are small.

At a results briefing last Thursday, City Developments' Kwek Leng Joo cited the good take-up at the two projects as proof that there is still demand.

'The good response to recent launches is true,' he said.

Still, the stock market and buying sentiment remain weak.

Ms Phylicia Ang, director of Savills Residential, said: 'The affordability threshold is key at this point. In the current market, it is important to price projects at an attractive level to attract buyers.'

The UOL group should start selling the 646-unit Double Bay Residences near the Simei MRT station soon. It declined to give pricing details of the 99-year leasehold condo until the launch, but there is talk that prices will be around $650 psf to $680 psf.

The one-bedders start at 538 sq ft, the two-bedroom units from 915sq ft, while the big units can go up to 3,703 sq ft.

Along Thomson Road, The Arte is expected to be released for preview sale by the middle of the month.

Property agents have advertised the preview of the 336-unit, freehold condo at prices starting at more than $950 psf.

About half of the project, or 164 units, are three-bedroom units from 1,399 sq ft to 1,625 sq ft. Another 100 units are 1,873 sq ft four-bedders.

There are also advertisements for the preview of the 18-storey, 67-unit project in River Valley, which offers the interest absorption scheme. It has mostly small units - 32 are 635 sq ft apartments and 30 are 1,044 sq ft units.

A Chinese developer, Lakeview Developments, may also push out its 104-unit Domus this month.

High-end launches will likely be few and far between this year, as current demand is coming only from owner-occupiers or very small investors, according to a developer.

There should be more mass- to mid-market projects coming up in the next few months. These could include projects like the 99-year leasehold Ascentia Sky next to the Redhill MRT station. It offers two- to four-bedroom units from approximately 1,000 sq ft to 1,800 sq ft.

[email protected]

RonZs
11-05-09, 20:29
Anyone knows why are they removing all the furnitures and fittings from the Ascentia Sky showflat?

orange
11-05-09, 20:41
Wow that's odd. Can't be they sold out right? Why build showflat then tear it down again without using it?

NoodyGirl
11-05-09, 21:03
imagine when they launch A. Sky at 1200 psf !!!!!!!!!

orange
11-05-09, 21:48
Ascentia Sky at 1200psf? I would rather buy Valley Park at 700 psf (if what you said was true) and use the change to buy a studio at UE square.

jessicasun
12-05-09, 14:07

compare to this one, Thought tanlin view is better... it is good to close to mrt, but not that close... very noisy... either face to mrt otherwise face to mainroad... tanlin view's site area is 3-4 times bigger than ascentia and metro....lifestyle is different...and the maintainance is still good for tanlin view. suggest to see tanlin view since all the three projects are so close :) Just call me if u want to see tanlin view.. 8428 1056

vin002
12-05-09, 15:06
compare to this one, Thought tanlin view is better... it is good to close to mrt, but not that close... very noisy... either face to mrt otherwise face to mainroad... tanlin view's site area is 3-4 times bigger than ascentia and metro....lifestyle is different...and the maintainance is still good for tanlin view. suggest to see tanlin view since all the three projects are so close :) Just call me if u want to see tanlin view.. 8428 1056

The feel of Tanglin view seems a bit dated and is only close to MRT and not near...

proud owner
12-05-09, 15:08
The feel of Tanglin view seems a bit dated and is only close to MRT and not near...

for buying to stay ... a traffic light more to the MRT (compared to Metropolitan) ... But facing Good class bungalow ... yet cheaper ...

i feel it is worth it ...

NoodyGirl
17-05-09, 20:37
Ascentia Sky at 1200psf? I would rather buy Valley Park at 700 psf (if what you said was true) and use the change to buy a studio at UE square.

U show me there is a VPark being offered at 700psf
I buy u sharks fin

august
17-05-09, 21:04
for buying to stay ... a traffic light more to the MRT (compared to Metropolitan) ... But facing Good class bungalow ... yet cheaper ...

i feel it is worth it ...

agree, too near to mrt is not ideal

proud owner
18-05-09, 10:20
U show me there is a VPark being offered at 700psf
I buy u sharks fin

ascentia 1200 psf ?? no way ..

metro is already crazy at 850 psf ... considering all 99 yr lease ...

i would go for the older tanglin view and regency anytime ...

and yes valley park ...though older ...can get 800-850 psf ....

Property_Owner
18-05-09, 11:03

Metro 850? Bro, agents been calling me with 950psf offer already. :spliff2:

proud owner
18-05-09, 11:12
Metro 850? Bro, agents been calling me with 950psf offer already. :spliff2:

that makes Tanglin regency / park even more attractive ...

NoodyGirl
19-05-09, 07:03

I think Valley Park guys would now fish for 1000 psf but Im sure everyone is smart enuf not to pay this price
as the stock market would collapse in June and then what
we go back to 900 psf which I think is better priced
anyone who says Metro selling at 950 psf...just go buy the newspapers
more than ample evidence of a lot of units still offered at the 800s

One must be smart enuf to know if u overpay for Metro
in the end u suffer
cos of the divergence in prices left rite center
next time u sell people will use the lower benchmark

vin002
19-05-09, 10:42
I think Valley Park guys would now fish for 1000 psf but Im sure everyone is smart enuf not to pay this price
as the stock market would collapse in June and then what
we go back to 900 psf which I think is better priced
anyone who says Metro selling at 950 psf...just go buy the newspapers
more than ample evidence of a lot of units still offered at the 800s

in the end u suffer

Actually the timing to sell play a very impt role... Therefore, whether you bought the property at 800psf, 900psf or 1000psf, you can still always sell at a profit. It is just a matter of how much and when to sell. Whether it is your choice or forced by circumstances.

I doubt very much on the collapse of stock market in June although I do agree that it should not be recover so fast. However, no one can truely tell how the markets work. But at 2,200 level, the most it will go down to 1,400 level. Similarly, there is a potential that it will go to 3,600 level.

In Stock market, it is always not so preditable especially to rationale. People says not the lowest yet, don't buy, the market goes up and more people buy and the price goes up further.
People says not the highest yet, don't sell, the market goes down and more people sell and the price goes down further. No one can truely predict the high and low point of price as demand and supply is very subjective.

Try using that to property. As long as the price is reasonable and you are getting a good deal (may not be the best deal) go for it. Opportunity don't strike twice in property unlike stock market.

Property_Owner
19-05-09, 10:54
Try using that to property. As long as the price is reasonable and you are getting a good deal (may not be the best deal) go for it. Opportunity don't strike twice in property unlike stock market.

I like this sentence. You might not get the unit you wanted.

vin002
19-05-09, 17:36
in the end u suffer

But Metro is not the most expensive in that area??? I think the most expensive in that area is AS and I believe that the launch price will be around $1K psf.

Property_Owner
03-06-09, 14:19
But Metro is not the most expensive in that area??? I think the most expensive in that area is AS and I believe that the launch price will be around $1K psf.

But to launch at 1000psf and who will buy? Will thy cut cost like Whafe and market it at 900psf?

Regulators
03-06-09, 14:45
This is 99yr just like the beacon, so might as well go for the beacon at 8xxpsf. do you agree?

But to launch at 1000psf and who will buy? Will thy cut cost like Whafe and market it at 900psf?

Property_Owner
03-06-09, 14:50
This is 99yr just like the beacon, so might as well go for the beacon at 8xxpsf. do you agree?

morning lim kopi with kakis they told me might be launch below 1000psf. If they launch 900psf then die leh. Better let go my unit go for better buy. Yup, beacon at 8xxpsf is much better in team of location. rental dun think it's good even near mrt. over there too many hdb for rent too.

DealsHunter
25-06-09, 15:33
i Heard it is going to launch at $1350psf :eek:

jonleelk
26-06-09, 14:12
Seems like soft launch for AS is next week. Many ads start appearing in sg-house liao.

bargain hunter
26-06-09, 14:18
did the ads say wat price?

Seems like soft launch for AS is next week. Many ads start appearing in sg-house liao.

vin002
27-06-09, 00:54
i Heard it is going to launch at $1350psf :eek:

Launch at $1350? Siao ah?

Asking price at $1K psf for Metro already got many people talk the property like shit.

But if the launch is really above $1K psf and it is successful, what opinions are those against $1K psf and above tells you? :rolleyes:

PropertiesHunter
27-06-09, 11:59
Launch at $1350? Siao ah?

Asking price at $1K psf for Metro already got many people talk the property like shit.

But if the launch is really above $1K psf and it is successful, what opinions are those against $1K psf and above tells you? :rolleyes:

My insider source expect Price for big unit 4bdr & PH will be 1100 to 1250psf. 2 rms will be 1400psf, 3 rms about 1300 to 1350psf. Discount for first 20 or 50 customer if NOT wrong is 3-5%. Dont know have IAS or not

vin002
27-06-09, 13:23
My insider source expect Price for big unit 4bdr & PH will be 1100 to 1250psf. 2 rms will be 1400psf, 3 rms about 1300 to 1350psf. Discount for first 20 or 50 customer if NOT wrong is 3-5%. Dont know have IAS or not

If your pricing is confirmed, those people laughing at Metro asking price at $1K psf will have to :banghead: . Even at $1k psf, units at Metor is much affordable compared with AS selling 2 bedroom units at avg from $1m onwards. This will make those interested in staying at that area to consider Metro as the units are immediate and cheaper.

PropertiesHunter
27-06-09, 20:20
If u think I am not right we can wait till next week and see. 2 bdr is at 1350psf and above from mid floor onward. I Know Wing Tai well. I am a value long term customer since from my dad time

bargain hunter
27-06-09, 22:19
If you are right, I really hope the take up is poor. These developers simply like to jack up prices SKY high (as the name implies) whenever sentiment turns slightly positive and treat all the buyers like fools. Wing Tai, if they are so yaya, I really wish they will crash and burn.

If u think I am not right we can wait till next week and see. 2 bdr is at 1350psf and above from mid floor onward. I Know Wing Tai well. I am a value long term customer since from my dad time

Regulators
27-06-09, 23:23
agent also told me indicative psf is 1350. I thk people who buy will get stuck like soliel buyers who paid 1700psf at peak. Redhill is nt worth that price.

Allthepies
27-06-09, 23:43
don't worry too much, there will always be buyers =) investors/speculators r aplenty here

zeq
28-06-09, 00:11
I am waiting to see how this project will be doomed... Not worth the price.
The developer bidded too high for the land. They are going to lose a lot of money.

jonleelk
28-06-09, 11:03
The developer bidded too high for the land. They are going to lose a lot of money.

not if they launched the project now...when market is super hot with all the followers jumping in, afraid to miss the ship. :beats-me-man:

wkang1970
28-06-09, 11:20
wah! the price is really high!!!
btw redhill, potong pasir, katong, which is nearer to city?

southpark2000
28-06-09, 11:28
wah! the price is really high!!!
btw redhill, potong pasir, katong, which is nearer to city?

Errrrrm.....which part of the city....

By distance (car)
- Redhill is closest to Orchard; Tanjong Pagar side
- Katong is closest to Beach Rd, Suntec side
- Potong Pasir is closest to Serangoon Rochor side

By distance (MRT)
- Redhill is nearer to Tanjong Pagar side
- Potong Pasir is nearer to Dohby Ghaut side
- Katong...... errr sorry no MRT; take bus

zeq
28-06-09, 11:51
not if they launched the project now...when market is super hot with all the followers jumping in, afraid to miss the ship. :beats-me-man:

It wont happen. Logical sense will tell u The Arte still havent sold out. This is even more ex than the Arte. Why will people buy this?

august
28-06-09, 12:20

some buyers love to over pay one ~ :spliff:

zeq
28-06-09, 12:44
some buyers love to over pay one ~ :spliff:

Some. U see most of the good locations have taken over the potential cashflow. This one is not going to make it. The consumers are not blind.
I can tell u the response will be good but take up will be lukewarm. Let us wait.
It will even backfired and Metropolitan will even drop lower.

august
28-06-09, 12:49
Some. U see most of the good locations have taken over the potential cashflow. This one is not going to make it. The consumers are not blind.
I can tell u the response will be good but take up will be lukewarm. Let us wait.

i predict this project will surprise and be yet another sold out :o

i can feel it in my bones ~~

jonleelk
28-06-09, 12:51
It wont happen. Logical sense will tell u The Arte still havent sold out. This is even more ex than the Arte. Why will people buy this?

Arte only left with big units...which might cost close to $2M. I believe the smaller units of AS will still be a hot seller, due to the lower quantum.

Next week will know already...I do hope AS sales flop though...as this area is also one that I am considering for own stay, but not at this price. :D

jonleelk
28-06-09, 12:53

Heehee...I do hope this will happen. I don't mind Metro myself...:D

gfoo
28-06-09, 12:58
$1350psf for redhill? Siao!

bargain hunter
28-06-09, 13:13
still seems inconveivable to me. The smallest unit is 947sq ft for a 2 bedroom. 1350psf would mean $1,278,450 for a 99 year leasehold 2 bedroom condo. Its not like the 2nd bedroom is big sized, can only fit in a single bed.

Congratulations! BAY WINDOWS + PLANTER FOR ALL BEDROOMS. BIG BALCONY + ALMOST AS BIG PLANTER THROWN IN FOR LIVING ROOM. WOW! MUST GRAB! :doh: :scared-4: :tsk-tsk: :banghead: :tongue3:

august
28-06-09, 13:27
$1350psf for redhill? Siao!
redhill leh... legend of the swordfish u know.. 1350psf is a steal! :o

Regulators
28-06-09, 14:21
if this project can average at 1350psf for all units, i will lay my balls n stick on the chopping board
redhill leh... legend of the swordfish u know.. 1350psf is a steal! :o

absolutwild
28-06-09, 15:04
also good to know which area offers better cityview

quote=southpark2000]Errrrrm.....which part of the city....

By distance (car)
- Redhill is closest to Orchard; Tanjong Pagar side
- Katong is closest to Beach Rd, Suntec side
- Potong Pasir is closest to Serangoon Rochor side

By distance (MRT)
- Redhill is nearer to Tanjong Pagar side
- Potong Pasir is nearer to Dohby Ghaut side
- Katong...... errr sorry no MRT; take bus[/quote]

PropertiesHunter
28-06-09, 15:11
Few Good units for 2 rm already sold even before launch . 1351psf and above for mid flr face tanglin. Huttons and CBRE DTZ are big market pusher. According to source from WT. Close on Sat somemore.

Hope it can help to push Metro price to 2007 high of 14XXpsf.

Hurray for those had invested.

Properties Cheeooooooog ah.

SP specialist
28-06-09, 15:13
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3348/ascentiaskypromotionadv.th.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/ascentiaskypromotionadv.jpg/)
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5175/2brm.th.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/2brm.jpg/)
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5823/3brm.th.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/3brm.jpg/)http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3246/4brm.th.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/i/4brm.jpg/)

Please call 96337533 for more information.

august
28-06-09, 15:41
omg! bay window + planter ! :scared-4:

:D

propertyguru
28-06-09, 16:02
The image of the condo is such a misrepresentation. It suggests that the condo is surrounded by greenery and there are no tall buildings in the vicinity!

gfoo
28-06-09, 17:54
Balcony/planter constitutes some 20% of your payable space. So essentially AS buyers are paying $1600psf for net livable space. Imagine a conversation between a buyer of ascentia sky Mr Ho and his friend

Frn: bro where u stay now?
ASHo: Ang sua
Frn: ang sua! Last time sio de oh hq rite? Why u buy?
ASHo: good mah surrounded by HDB; pple take mrt can peep into my place; kids can lull to sleep w traintrack noise every 7mins; walk to wetmarket and kopitiam; car showrms; CC; and mins away from ktv at havelock.
Frn: eh? Got new hdb or dbss at ang sua meh?
ASHo: no lah new ang sua condo called AS for $1600psf net livable space
Frn: sounds like ang sua hdb lor - only got swimming pool, tennis and other stuff. Otherwise, it sounds like hdb, and it's ang sua lor

thomastansb
28-06-09, 18:55
I must say this is one of the worst projects ever.. The location is good but the layout sucks. Look at the balcony and planter !!!! :doh::doh::doh:

At 1350, I rather go for river valley freehold anytime..

NoodyGirl
28-06-09, 18:56
wah piang
min 1350 psf
that means more like 1450 psf
that means better go grab Twin Regency, Queens, Tanglin View, Anchorage, even Queensway

bargain hunter
28-06-09, 18:59
Balcony/planter constitutes some 20% of your payable space. So essentially AS buyers are paying $1600psf for net livable space. Imagine a conversation between a buyer of ascentia sky Mr Ho and his friend

Frn: bro where u stay now?
ASHo: Ang sua
Frn: ang sua! Last time sio de oh hq rite? Why u buy?
ASHo: good mah surrounded by HDB; pple take mrt can peep into my place; kids can lull to sleep w traintrack noise every 7mins; walk to wetmarket and kopitiam; car showrms; CC; and mins away from ktv at havelock.
Frn: eh? Got new hdb or dbss at ang sua meh?
ASHo: no lah new ang sua condo called AS for $1600psf net livable space
Frn: sounds like ang sua hdb lor - only got swimming pool, tennis and other stuff. Otherwise, it sounds like hdb, and it's ang sua lor

ASHo: Bo siang, I got BAY WINDOWS + PLANTERS in almost all bedrooms wor. Living room also got big BALCONY + PLANTER. HDB rooms bigger, 1 of my bedrooms quite small. If buy 4 bedroom, HDB no have mah, I got 2 more small bedrooms extra leh. Add together all the 4 bedrooms also not as big as 3 hdb bedrooms.

bargain hunter
28-06-09, 19:04
sigh, wing tai really maximised all their "free" planter + bay windows and sell to end user. the worst part is, it looks like the planters in the bedrooms are the types you cannot do timber deck and step out type. its really the narrow and shallow type for you to put your potted plants.

bargain hunter
28-06-09, 19:19
that's "normal". most advertising images look like that.

The image of the condo is such a misrepresentation. It suggests that the condo is surrounded by greenery and there are no tall buildings in the vicinity!

bargain hunter
28-06-09, 19:26
:banana: you are a hero but I will cheer for you to escape the chopping board. At least yours sounds more logical than J-Dog's 800psf prediction at rivergate. :cheers4:

if this project can average at 1350psf for all units, i will lay my balls n stick on the chopping board

dragonred
28-06-09, 21:03
Thanks to all who contributed to the this thread in the previous pages. I have been looking in the neighbourhood and was quite curious about the Met & AS. You folk have sorted it all out for me. Giving both a miss, and wondering if I should fish around at Jervois - which is right behind

bargain hunter
28-06-09, 21:09
i guess the big contrast is Met and AS are super high rise while jervois side is limited to 12 storeys (if i m not wrong). contrast in styles so for those who do not need a good view, Jervois is good (and prime!). Further from MRT but if you don't mind walking, its a nice place. also more freeholds at jervois area vs 99 at these 2 (people do not seem to differentiate these days esp. if AS really sold at 1350psf).

Thanks to all who contributed to the this thread in the previous pages. I have been looking in the neighbourhood and was quite curious about the Met & AS. You folk have sorted it all out for me. Giving both a miss, and wondering if I should fish around at Jervois - which is right behind

proud owner
28-06-09, 23:13

dear propertyguru .... go look at ALL project brochure ... 90 pct of them misrepresent... showing nothing but greenery

jonleelk
28-06-09, 23:53
still seems inconveivable to me. The smallest unit is 947sq ft for a 2 bedroom. 1350psf would mean $1,278,450 for a 99 year leasehold 2 bedroom condo. Its not like the 2nd bedroom is big sized, can only fit in a single bed.

Congratulations! BAY WINDOWS + PLANTER FOR ALL BEDROOMS. BIG BALCONY + ALMOST AS BIG PLANTER THROWN IN FOR LIVING ROOM. WOW! MUST GRAB! :doh: :scared-4: :tsk-tsk: :banghead: :tongue3:

living room balcony + planter > living room. :rolleyes:

But must say...the exterior very classy.

zeq
29-06-09, 00:12
what a lousy design of the plan. 1350psf.. If this is sold out, i will be laughing at their foolishness.

august
29-06-09, 00:19
plse support wingtai, they r a solid developer with a sound track record.. the planters will be smashing ~

buy buy buy!!!
;)

vin002
29-06-09, 00:30

Nope, I think your pricing is correct. What I meant is Metro which is just beside and selling at $1,000psf and AS selling $1300psf. Everything is the same for both which will you buy?

jonleelk
29-06-09, 09:24
Nope, I think your pricing is correct. What I meant is Metro which is just beside and selling at $1,000psf and AS selling $1300psf. Everything is the same for both which will you buy?

Metro will all start asking for $1400psf this fri. :spliff:

ostralek
29-06-09, 09:28
I have a buyer who can afford about $800k (Cash + CPF + Loan) and is looking for an unit in this area for him and his mother to stay in. His requirement is that it should be a 2-roomer at least, and be relatively near to MRT.

Anyone knows if there is something within his budget?

:cheers1:

jitkiat
29-06-09, 09:36
living room balcony + planter > living room. :rolleyes:

But must say...the exterior very classy.

Actually cannot trust the floor plan, need to check with developer exactly how big is the planter & aircon ledge in terms of sqm, typically it will be listed in a document approved by BCA/URA.

HP65
29-06-09, 12:17

Neither, both sucks big time. Would either buy FREEHOLD at Tiong Baru area, HDB across the road or just rent until both this projects drop to $700 psf in a few years time if die2 must stay at Redhill. It has happended to early buyers of Queens and it will happen to buyers of Metro and AS above $700 psf. So what if Wingtai bought the land at over $650 psf from govt? Let the developer die and I say it even though I hold shares of Wingtai and other developers. They are getting greedy again and if developer is greedy, there can be only 1 loser and that is the buyer.

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 12:31
for their mistake, wing tai should be thanking their lucky stars if they are able to sell at a tiny margin of 1000psf on average. Look at Frasers Centrepoint, getting out with thin margins on Caspian and deservingly slightly more margin on 8@Woodleigh (since they are credited for kickstarting this current run). What has Wing Tai done? Just riding the wind and suddenly raise prices to earn an obscene margin! Buyers must do their part, use their brain to think clearly and boycott unreasonable prices!

Neither, both sucks big time. Would either buy FREEHOLD at Tiong Baru area, HDB across the road or just rent until both this projects drop to $700 psf in a few years time if die2 must stay at Redhill. It has happended to early buyers of Queens and it will happen to buyers of Metro and AS above $700 psf. So what if Wingtai bought the land at over $650 psf from govt? Let the developer die and I say it even though I hold shares of Wingtai and other developers. They are getting greedy again and if developer is greedy, there can be only 1 loser and that is the buyer.

NoodyGirl
29-06-09, 12:33
i guess the big contrast is Met and AS are super high rise while jervois side is limited to 12 storeys (if i m not wrong). contrast in styles so for those who do not need a good view, Jervois is good (and prime!). Further from MRT but if you don't mind walking, its a nice place. also more freeholds at jervois area vs 99 at these 2 (people do not seem to differentiate these days esp. if AS really sold at 1350psf).

OneJervois is next to petrol pump
and also smelly canal...how to say prime?
thats why price can not go up versus like Cosmopolitan etc

Allthepies
29-06-09, 12:33
from what i observed, the higher the developer priced a project, the faster it will sellout :)

low price = something must be wrong, don't buy
high price = good buy, quick cheong in before other people grab them :doh:

gfoo
29-06-09, 12:55
Ang Sua: HDB living @ $1350psf (vs Redhill HDB)
Arte: Expressway living @ $1350psf (vs Toa Payoh HDB)
Woodleigh: Cemetary unliving @ $900psf (vs St Theresa's columbarium)
Alexis: Hobbit living @ $900psf (vs rent a bombshelter at Alexandra, bigger somemore)
Dakota: HDB living by the longkang @ $1000psf (vs Punggol HDB)

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 13:41
i am not referring to One Jervois. There are other older projects in Jervois area with reference to what Dragon Red was saying.

OneJervois is next to petrol pump
and also smelly canal...how to say prime?
thats why price can not go up versus like Cosmopolitan etc

jonleelk
29-06-09, 13:43
I have a buyer who can afford about $800k (Cash + CPF + Loan) and is looking for an unit in this area for him and his mother to stay in. His requirement is that it should be a 2-roomer at least, and be relatively near to MRT.

Anyone knows if there is something within his budget?

:cheers1:

Got...the HDBs opposite Metro / AS. :D Can get 3-bedroom somemore.

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 13:48
Prices already coming out. I was quoted 1200psf for mid-floor low #2x for 4 bedder at 1200psf AFTER the 5% early bird discount. :doh: "ONLY" 2.2m! Wow! Buy and Regret!

august
29-06-09, 13:56
'bay window + planter' combo, truly one of the "best" i hv seen so far hahahaha :D

gfoo
29-06-09, 14:11
imagine telling relatives during chinese new year

'I paid $2.2m to stay in Ang Sua'

Regulators
29-06-09, 14:20
pay 2.2mil to be neighbours with hdb dwellers :doh:

imagine telling relatives during chinese new year

'I paid $2.2m to stay in Ang Sua'

august
29-06-09, 14:26
i hope it is another sold out project ~ :cheers5:

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 14:30
well, to be part of the "exclusive" club, only need 1.2m for a 2 bedder. :cheers1: I could have sworn that is a reasonable price for a FH 2 bedder in D9, 10 or 11.

pay 2.2mil to be neighbours with hdb dwellers :doh:

gfoo
29-06-09, 14:32
no cow sense lor. Got $2.2m, go D15 buy one super old f* up terrace for $1.3m, tear it down and rebuild swee swee for $700k, and you got another $200k spare to buy a nice LS or downpayment for a 750.

Those that buy AS - i totally respect you as you've either got balls of solid rock; or that you're a complete retard but yet can do good enough in life to make the initial deposit.

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 14:52
There's a church in front of Metro/AS. Those who buy can go there and pray after they buy. But I still hope enough pple boycott this kind of unreasonable prices. Otherwise, developers will just get bolder with future launches.

no cow sense lor. Got $2.2m, go D15 buy one super old f* up terrace for $1.3m, tear it down and rebuild swee swee for $700k, and you got another $200k spare to buy a nice LS or downpayment for a 750.

Those that buy AS - i totally respect you as you've either got balls of solid rock; or that you're a complete retard but yet can do good enough in life to make the initial deposit.

gfoo
29-06-09, 16:01
There's a church in front of Metro/AS. Those who buy can go there and pray after they buy. But I still hope enough pple boycott this kind of unreasonable prices. Otherwise, developers will just get bolder with future launches.
somehow i've got this feeling that it'll be sold out as well. If this is the case, it'll not be so much of a bunch of morons praying hard, they will need a papal blessing or a sign from God. (is the TOP 2012? ;) )

I'm really considering blowing a few bucks to post up this ad on propguru and other places - just afraid it'll piss people off for sure, so i'll prob just take one of the agents numbers scribbled behind toilet doors as a contact number.
_______

For Sale: The XXXX, $3500psf
Excellent potential, and grossly underpriced considering people are paying $900psf for views of a cemetary; $1100psf to overlook the PIE and KTVs at Balestier; and $1200psf to live life as Ikea-shopping hobbits.

The XXXX delivers some of the freshest sea and gardens air around; and ensures NO lingering fragrance of decomposing bodies; NO lao pek pek peeking from his flat with binoculars on your nubile wife; and is certified fit for those above 1.2m to live in comfortably. With low conservancy and truly central to where it matters in Singapore, save heaps of money on hefty exorcism fees and avoid stuff like resurfacing corpses and midget fetishes. And because it's truly central, you can put on your drabs and indulge in HDB fantasies by walking to the nearby Chinatown HDB estate for free! Save the millions which other developers are obviously charging you extra for that 'Heartland' experience.

For male buyers, in a couple of years, you can start to indulge in the company of multitudes of tier-1 eastern european beauties, drink expensive martinis, and pretend your first name is James. For female buyers, fill up your obviously newly freed time from your husbands with in-condo spas and pilate classes; or get a buff personal trainer from the Dominican Republic just for yourself.

pweesng
29-06-09, 16:40
Ha ha... i blow mine big big....

If anyone is thinking of getting a unit at AS for $1350 psf.... i got a better option for you...

The Wharf Residence, high floor, biggest of the 2 bedder.... same price, $1350 psf. Why settle for fringe of the City, when you can be IN THE CITY for the same price.

PM for more details!

cheers,

esurprise
29-06-09, 16:43
Hi Guys

I have been wanting to buy somewhere in these area but in recent short time, ppty are being snapped up before i can pronouce A-se-c-e-n-t-i-a s-k-y,

No foundamental, no logic but still selling out fast before public launch. how how?

Crazy market.

august
29-06-09, 16:51

If anyone is thinking of getting a unit at AS for $1350 psf.... i got a better option for you...

The Wharf Residence, high floor, biggest of the 2 bedder.... same price, $1350 psf. Why settle for fringe of the City, when you can be IN THE CITY for the same price.

PM for more details!

cheers,

some buyers like the soothing sound of mrt leh.. wharf got?? :D

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 16:51
yeah, good chance for you to exit your wharf at a tidy profit. :) not to forget, luxurious sized capitaland bedrooms without planters in them.

PM for more details!

cheers,

gfoo
29-06-09, 16:52
unrelated.
i wonder if Wing Tai had a sense of humor and purposely called it Ascentia Sky as the historical name for the area is really Ang Sua

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 17:01
well, if they do move in upon TOP, then they can go and pray everyday! :) . I'm not sure how much your ad would cost for online pptyguru but should also be more words cost more right? How about just doing a short and sweet one especially for AS? :cool:

For Sale: The XXXX, $1350psf
Excellent potential, and grossly underpriced considering people are paying $900psf for views of a cemetary; $1100psf to overlook the PIE and KTVs at Balestier; and $1200psf to live life as Ikea-shopping hobbits. Pay a slight premium and listen to the train hum by. Greenery with bay windows and planters in ALL your bedrooms. More greenery with planter and balcony bigger than your living room. From only 1.2m, The Sky is the limit.

somehow i've got this feeling that it'll be sold out as well. If this is the case, it'll not be so much of a bunch of morons praying hard, they will need a papal blessing or a sign from God. (is the TOP 2012? ;) )

I'm really considering blowing a few bucks to post up this ad on propguru and other places - just afraid it'll piss people off for sure, so i'll prob just take one of the agents numbers scribbled behind toilet doors as a contact number.
_______

For Sale: The XXXX, $3500psf
Excellent potential, and grossly underpriced considering people are paying $900psf for views of a cemetary; $1100psf to overlook the PIE and KTVs at Balestier; and $1200psf to live life as Ikea-shopping hobbits.

The XXXX delivers some of the freshest sea and gardens air around; and ensures NO lingering fragrance of decomposing bodies; NO lao pek pek peeking from his flat with binoculars on your nubile wife; and is certified fit for those above 1.2m to live in comfortably. With low conservancy and truly central to where it matters in Singapore, save heaps of money on hefty exorcism fees and avoid stuff like resurfacing corpses and midget fetishes. And because it's truly central, you can put on your drabs and indulge in HDB fantasies by walking to the nearby Chinatown HDB estate for free! Save the millions which other developers are obviously charging you extra for that 'Heartland' experience.

For male buyers, in a couple of years, you can start to indulge in the company of multitudes of tier-1 eastern european beauties, drink expensive martinis, and pretend your first name is James. For female buyers, fill up your obviously newly freed time from your husbands with in-condo spas and pilate classes; or get a buff personal trainer from the Dominican Republic just for yourself.

bargain hunter
29-06-09, 17:11
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2007/pr07-138a2.pdf

btw, there are 2 more upcoming developments beside and behind AS in the future.

AS is the area marked LAND PARCEL. There's a plot of land symetrical in size it seems right beside it. Another plot of land is behind them and pretty near the mrt station.

Also, as shown in the picture, the MRT track does run above a small part of Metropolitan.

vin002
29-06-09, 17:21

You are not comparing apple to apple. However, I do agree with you to get Tiong Baru freehold is better. But the price different will be even greater. Please quote me a freehold property in Tiong Baru selling at Metro asking price.

vin002
29-06-09, 17:28

PM for more details!

cheers,

If comparing AS vs Wharf, the same price, Wharf is definately better being freehold and location. The only difference is the distance to MRT which is still a major pull factor for those not driving.

In addition, AS & Metro have their advantages for being near HDB. For young couples wanting to stay near parents and in private property, these are the few new property that they will consider. Not all people have rich parents staying at D9, D10 & D11.

vin002
29-06-09, 17:30
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2007/pr07-138a2.pdf

btw, there are 2 more upcoming developments beside and behind AS in the future.

AS is the area marked LAND PARCEL. There's a plot of land symetrical in size it seems right beside it. Another plot of land is behind them and pretty near the mrt station.

Also, as shown in the picture, the MRT track does run above a small part of Metropolitan.

The interesting part will be the bid price for these 2 plot of land.

HP65
29-06-09, 17:56
You are not comparing apple to apple. However, I do agree with you to get Tiong Baru freehold is better. But the price different will be even greater. Please quote me a freehold property in Tiong Baru selling at Metro asking price.

Please get your own agents to do the leg work for you if you are interested to know if there is any price difference, be it great or small. And its pointless to tell me its not an Apple-Apple comparison since its for me to decide, not the seller. The seller can state all the differences, but if I choose to say they are both apples, they shall be apples.

cheerful
29-06-09, 18:00
Haha ... yalor. Simi apple-apple, orange-orange ... no two properties are exactly the same rite? Anyway, if really want FH around that area, some pp would have considered Alexis (if it's not that mickey mouse kinda small lah).

cheerful
29-06-09, 18:03
feels kinda scary after going thru the so many posts here in this thread ... how come so expensive one!? OMG ... unbelievable.

Hope that the potential buyers don't encourage the developer by cheeoonging into this one .. *fingers crossed*

maybe cross toes 2 .. :p

hlam
29-06-09, 19:03
Seems like many people like to either talk up or down the market here. The reality is if the government is putting a lot of effort to increase population in Singapore and with much fewer expats/foreigners leaving the country than expected (read recent report by Credit Suisse), then housing prices, and even rents, will edge up. These prices are still far behind and below our neighbour competitor, Hong Kong.

Just my two cents.

gfoo
29-06-09, 19:30
Check singstats.gov for a breakdown of our population if they do publish it - our population count today includes transients that may not necessarily be able to afford condos.

What the government is doing is bringing in a whole new class of people - the whales - into Singapore, and in so doing promote a whole new cohort of supporting services ($ management, comps, promos, lifestyleetc) to support this new class. But this supporting cohort may not translate into so much cashflow for the majority of the population to such an extent they will rent cemetary and HDB condos for good money.

the whales will get comped at the IRs. their money managers will stay at MBR, Icon and One Shenton etc.

There will be a significant fragmentation of the social stratas in time to come.

And very likely, traditional 'hot' areas will be redefined in time to come (say bye bye Orchard?)

Alan Tam
29-06-09, 23:04
Prices already coming out. I was quoted 1200psf for mid-floor low #2x for 4 bedder at 1200psf AFTER the 5% early bird discount. :doh: "ONLY" 2.2m! Wow! Buy and Regret!
I think only those that earn about $20K per month can afford this property. Say, if the property is at $1.5 m, the bank loan of 80% which is $1.2 m, the monthly repayment is about $7200 per month. So base on 35% of their income ( $20K ) the amount is $7000. I wonder why Singaporean can be so rich, not forgetting the 20% down payment of $300,000.00.

After buying, how much do they think the property will appreciate to......

hlam
29-06-09, 23:10
Not sure how you calcuated $7,000 per month for monthly mortgage repayment. If you are buying the place for 1.5 million, 80% loan is 1.2 million, and say at 2% interest rate (which is what is offering now from most of the banks, some even lower) for a 30-year tenure, the monthly instalment should be $4,435...

Alan Tam
29-06-09, 23:21
Not sure how you calcuated $7,000 per month for monthly mortgage repayment. If you are buying the place for 1.5 million, 80% loan is 1.2 million, and say at 2% interest rate (which is what is offering now from most of the banks, some even lower) for a 30-year tenure, the monthly instalment should be $4,435...
I base on $1.2 m @ 2.5% fixed rate for 20 years tenure (est.), correct me if my calculation is wrong.

hlam
29-06-09, 23:27
If 2.5% fixed rate for 20-year tenure, then the monthly instalment is $6,356. From my understanding, there is no fixed rate in Singapore, might as well go for the lowest rate in town (which is around 1.5%) and get a longer tenure and opt for no lock-in period. You can always change to another bank which offers better terms in the future or change your loan tenure

thomastansb
30-06-09, 04:44
This condo is for those with ass sense so sure sell sky high prices. Thus, the name ass sense sure sky.

Great name, great balcony with planter and great bay window.. Some people just use their ass to think. But rich, got money to burn, not our problem.. If buy 1300psf, 1400psf to breakeven. Who in the right mind will buy 1450psf condo in city fringe location? And the worst thing is 30% space gone, HDB friendly condo (opposite only, can say hello anytime) and aromatic music by the tracks. People offer by the bay living, this one is by the tracks living.

Hahahahahaha..

HP65
30-06-09, 07:02
If 2.5% fixed rate for 20-year tenure, then the monthly instalment is $6,356. From my understanding, there is no fixed rate in Singapore, might as well go for the lowest rate in town (which is around 1.5%) and get a longer tenure and opt for no lock-in period. You can always change to another bank which offers better terms in the future or change your loan tenure

Dear Hiam,

Your advice sounds like you are either working for the bank, property agency or....

To suggest that one takes the lowest rate is fine but to take a longer tenure loan like 30 yrs means paying a lot more for interests which benefits the bank only. And with rates being historically low, it just mean there is greater upside potential for interests to move up than to go down and this is exactly what killed the US home owners when interests start increasing after their preferential rates are over.

You also make it sound so easy to just change to another bank when rates become unfavorable. There are usually some switching costs involved and if the value of the property has declined (usually the case unless buyesr feel the market is going to rocket from now onwards, thus likely to already have off-loaded the property at a profit), you will have to TOP UP to get out of existing loan since the new bank is likely only going to loan you lesser than the outstanding principal (even if they give 100% loan but valuation would have dropped). Thus most people just stick to their existing bank since its financially painful or impossible to come out with cash to get out of existing loan, paying the higher interests that the existing bank charges as the banks knows you have no where to run to anyway.

If the market continue to rise instead of correcting further vs end-2008 prices, Singapore is going to have its own sub-prime and it will get really ugly.

bargain hunter
30-06-09, 08:39
i wonder which bank so garang, dare to match valuation for AS at 1300psf. Yet they are unwilling to match lower valuations for completed properties! Forgot to ask agent if they are providing the IAS. In any case, even IAS, if property prices falls significantly between now and completion date, buyers must be prepared to top up before they disburse the next 80%.

Property_Owner
30-06-09, 09:34
i wonder which bank so garang, dare to match valuation for AS at 1300psf. Yet they are unwilling to match lower valuations for completed properties! Forgot to ask agent if they are providing the IAS. In any case, even IAS, if property prices falls significantly between now and completion date, buyers must be prepared to top up before they disburse the next 80%.

One time for sure banks are matching valuations for new launch! But not really matching for sub sale and resale properties. Why????? Simple, this is to clear stocks for new launch. As I believe, most buyers mind set are since valuation match, safe to buy. But they never knon even with IAS, if valuation drop in 2 years time, you be asked for top up too. :doh:

bargain hunter
30-06-09, 09:41
that's a terrible conspiracy between banks, valuers and developers...economically, that is not logical at all.

there could also be another mindset. since banks are unwilling to match for sub sale and resale properties, buyers are unable to get these, so they have "no choice" but to buy from these new launches where banks are willing to lend, regardless of whether it is safe or not. :scared-4:

One time for sure banks are matching valuations for new launch! But not really matching for sub sale and resale properties. Why????? Simple, this is to clear stocks for new launch. As I believe, most buyers mind set are since valuation match, safe to buy. But they never knon even with IAS, if valuation drop in 2 years time, you be asked for top up too. :doh:

Property_Owner
30-06-09, 10:05
that's a terrible conspiracy between banks, valuers and developers...economically, that is not logical at all.

there could also be another mindset. since banks are unwilling to match for sub sale and resale properties, buyers are unable to get these, so they have "no choice" but to buy from these new launches where banks are willing to lend, regardless of whether it is safe or not. :scared-4:

Logic? Since when is the last time you heard this word? I was at Parc Seabreeze last weekend. Happens to bum into a banker that served me few times. So we TCSS and he asked me why not buying since I can afford and the bank can support the valuation and also of the IAS.
I bluf him saying I need to sell my OA or reflection to cash out and buy PSB. I asked him what is the valuation and he tell me my OA only about 950psf and reflection about 1500psf.
What a joke!!!!

Yup, I will buy prac seabreeze. When the fire start I will get it below 999psf.

bargain hunter
30-06-09, 10:09
pardon my ignorance, what is the full name of OA?

Logic? Since when is the last time you heard this word? I was at Parc Seabreeze last weekend. Happens to bum into a banker that served me few times. So we TCSS and he asked me why not buying since I can afford and the bank can support the valuation and also of the IAS.
I bluf him saying I need to sell my OA or reflection to cash out and buy PSB. I asked him what is the valuation and he tell me my OA only about 950psf and reflection about 1500psf.
What a joke!!!!

Yup, I will buy prac seabreeze. When the fire start I will get it below 999psf.

Property_Owner
30-06-09, 10:11
pardon my ignorance, what is the full name of OA?

one amber. I bought one few months back. 8xxpsf, pool view

bargain hunter
30-06-09, 10:14
hahaha, OA valuation 950psf, AS 1300psf. shows how irrational the market is getting.

one amber. I bought one few months back. 8xxpsf, pool view

pweesng
30-06-09, 11:48
yeah, good chance for you to exit your wharf at a tidy profit. :) not to forget, luxurious sized capitaland bedrooms without planters in them.

got planter lah.. but small ones... have to be truthful about out products.. otherwise, we will be no different from some (not all) of the scum housing agents...

but yes, nice and big bedrooms that can fit in king size bed in both.

pweesng
30-06-09, 11:50
some buyers like the soothing sound of mrt leh.. wharf got?? :D

MRT Sound is easy to replicate... i can throw in a Boss system and on top of that, i go Clementi MRT station and record 1 hour of that sound, so that the buyer can sooth himself with the Boss surround sound system! how's that?

august
30-06-09, 11:56
so how? half sold out already anot?? :eek:

bargain hunter
30-06-09, 17:37
i thought planter only in living room and not in bedroom for your Wharf? even if bedroom have, its those type can level off and step out type and obviously no bay windows there. no one can beat AS liao, BAY WINDOW + PLANTER (obviously cannot step out type) IN MOST BEDROOMS. :doh:

got planter lah.. but small ones... have to be truthful about out products.. otherwise, we will be no different from some (not all) of the scum housing agents...

but yes, nice and big bedrooms that can fit in king size bed in both.

SP specialist
01-07-09, 15:11
Latest update on Ascentia Sky

Released units only on #13, #20 and #36 floor.

Price about 1091psf to 1361psf.

Enjoy early 'bird' discount of additional 2% only chq is collected.

Any interested parties, can call me.

Thanks

bargain hunter
01-07-09, 16:41
so its 10xx to 13xxpsf, not as much as we had earlier thought. nonetheless still a crazy price considering the lousy layout of the units. :tongue3:

esurprise
01-07-09, 16:57
so its 10xx to 13xxpsf, not as much as we had earlier thought. nonetheless still a crazy price considering the lousy layout of the units. :tongue3:

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out what is good about AS?
Every room has a planter + living room has a planter and a Big balcony.
Can someone calculate roughly what are the total size of planters and balcony? at 1200psf. close to 100K?

Isn't it better off buying Met?
Qualify: I'm not a Met owner nor any ppty owner, i am looking for one unit for investment too.

vin002
01-07-09, 17:11
Can someone calculate roughly what are the total size of planters and balcony? at 1200psf. close to 100K?

Qualify: I'm not a Met owner nor any ppty owner, i am looking for one unit for investment too.

Met at $1000psf, the people here already say it worth like dirt... AS at $1200psf, of course the people here will say it worth like shit.

But, it all depends on individual. Those views here are more towards investment point of view. Therefore, most will say that these units as if they are worthless. However, in the market, those who are buying for stay, will find their worth in it. Not everyone buy a property for the purpose to sell. Many stayed with their property for more that 15 years.

bargain hunter
01-07-09, 17:14
hard to estimate from the floor plans. actually i think some tenants do like a big balcony. its the planter and the bay windows that are the real killers, esp. for all the bedrooms. logically, yes, met is preferred when compared with AS, but met sellers would ride on AS prices and Ask for the Sky also.

vin002
01-07-09, 17:17

Ya, price is still crazy. But it will not get any better for AS as no developer will sell at a loss unless the plot of land beside AS get tender at a lower price. However, it is unlikely. Reason - Unless AS is fully sold, otherwise, do you think that Wingtai will allow the plot of land beside them to be tendered at a price much lesser than AS? They will most likely submit a min bid to stable the price at that area.

BTW, for 2 bedroom units #20 floor and above, it should be selling at $1,200psf and above. Lower psf is for 3 bedroom unit.

gfoo
01-07-09, 17:32

very misleading. the avg price for most 1-3 bdrooms is 1300psf according to the agent that smsed me.

PropertiesHunter
01-07-09, 17:43
Got a SMS 13th flr 3 bdr at 1.66M 1475sqft after discount with progressive, IAS +3% OCBC

esurprise
01-07-09, 17:49
Actually, it is not too difficult to estimate the size of each planter and balcony even if working on a conservative estimation, it is not going to be cheap to pay for the planters + balcony. I'm emphasing it is a rough calculation.

If the unit that you are buying is 1300psf, Jizz, it is not a small sum to pay for "un-useable" space - please lsiten properly, UN-USEABLE space (planters). As for Balcony, i think to each its own. Some people like it, some people don't, understandable.

Gimmick discount and VVIP pre-launch price? we all know the trick, I also understand that developer are giving agent a generous 1% commission, this is more than market rate developers are paying out for new launch. The generous 1% comes from buyers pocket or puting it another word, buyer paying for planter for un-useable space to subsidize ........

gfoo
01-07-09, 19:57
I remember it was not so long ago early this year that banks gave loan officers a mandate to discount PES areas, forcing some developers to halve psf for planters and balconies.

Becareful about this, as future planned condos are doing away with supersize PES, which means when its time to sell, you'll be fighting against porperties with mostly livanle space

bargain hunter
01-07-09, 20:36
can anyone confirm that the developers' "free" area (incentive by govt) are for planters and bay windows while developers are actually paying for the balcony area? or balcony is lumped togehter with planters and bay windows? i was of the impression that balcony is not "free" for the developer.

Honesty
01-07-09, 21:03
Ya, price is still crazy. But it will not get any better for AS as no developer will sell at a loss unless the plot of land beside AS get tender at a lower price. However, it is unlikely. Reason - Unless AS is fully sold, otherwise, do you think that Wingtai will allow the plot of land beside them to be tendered at a price much lesser than AS? They will most likely submit a min bid to stable the price at that area.

BTW, for 2 bedroom units #20 floor and above, it should be selling at $1,200psf and above. Lower psf is for 3 bedroom unit.

Anyone know when is the tenure of land? If I am not wrong this plot of land is already quite sometime ago.

NoodyGirl
01-07-09, 21:53

Metro has very large planter and balconies too
can fit mahjong table too

So what talking u

NoodyGirl
01-07-09, 21:54
can anyone confirm that the developers' "free" area (incentive by govt) are for planters and bay windows while developers are actually paying for the balcony area? or balcony is lumped togehter with planters and bay windows? i was of the impression that balcony is not "free" for the developer.

Buyer pays for planter and balcony
is not free

So if u buy 1400 sq ft for eg
U end up with a 1200 sq ft look :tsk-tsk:

proud owner
01-07-09, 22:17
I remember it was not so long ago early this year that banks gave loan officers a mandate to discount PES areas, forcing some developers to halve psf for planters and balconies.

Becareful about this, as future planned condos are doing away with supersize PES, which means when its time to sell, you'll be fighting against porperties with mostly livanle space

agree

i have sold away my Penthouse 2270 sqft .. where 1770 sqft is interior space and 500 sqft of balcony and terrace ...

i used :
<( market psf x 1770 ) + ((market psf/2 ) x 500 ) > / 2270 to get a fair psf

and it was sold immediately ...

not that i am stupid but its the correct and fair way to price ...

so buyers should be aware of this

Regulators
01-07-09, 22:44
developers don't seem to care bout how much living space or pes area when they come out with absolute psf. just look at Domus where the balcony and pes area is the same, if not bigger than the internal living area for some units. prices of those units were no less than 1k psf during launch, wonder how many idiots actually bought into the project.

esurprise
01-07-09, 22:45
Metro has very large planter and balconies too
can fit mahjong table too

So what talking u

That's is what you don't understand. If you claim that Met is like A. Sky in terms of big balcony size, you forgotten you are not paying 1300psf for Met.

The developer are playing on this kind of perceptions to sell through if you are not aware.

proud owner
01-07-09, 22:51
That's is what you don't understand. If you claim that Met is like A. Sky in terms of big balcony size, you forgotten you are not paying 1300psf for Met.

The developer are playing on this kind of perceptions to sell through if you are not aware.

here in Manhattan .. when they advertise 1500 sqft ... its all interior space .. balcony and terrace are not included .. and very often they are charged half or less psf of the usable space ..

i have seen 2 bedroom apt here 1800 sqft .. 1300 sqft inside and a terrace of 500 sqft ... and renting out same as any 2 bedroom .. and selling at just slightly more than the 1200 sqft 2 bedder

fellow sporean do not be cheated ..

like gfoo mentioned .. next time when you want to sell ... potential buyers will be looking at usable and non usable space... dont get caught

8kenshin
01-07-09, 23:04
As I understand it, under various programs, developers have been granted bonus GFA for including certain features in the condo plan. In the recent past up to 10% bonus was given for planters, balconies and air conditioning ledges. This means the developer is given this GFA "free" (actually manifesting as an increase in "efficiency" - the percentage of saleable area out of total GFA) . Another example is an additional GFA bonus 10% for rooftop gardens.

In relation to planters, the concession has been removed for buildings receiving building permission after a certain date (2008?) as it was abused and did not acheive intended results, which IIRC was aesthetics and energy efficiency.

For practical purposes, when you see liberal dosages of planter boxes and balconies, its safe to assume a wastage of close to 10%. (it is less than 10% due to the aircon ledge). So $1350psf means effectively almost 1,500psf based on usable space.

bargain hunter
02-07-09, 01:39
i am talking about the developer, who builds the planter and bay windows "free", ie they dun pay the govt for those and then sells to buyers at same psf as the rest of the unit! wanted to confirm if balcony was also "free" to developers.

is not free

proud owner
02-07-09, 02:21
i am talking about the developer, who builds the planter and bay windows "free", ie they dun pay the govt for those and then sells to buyers at same psf as the rest of the unit! wanted to confirm if balcony was also "free" to developers.

when i constructed my house .. i have in the design, balcony and terrace .. and they were NOT included in the 'built up area'

by definition, built in or built up refers to enclose-able area .. 3 walls and an opening

gfoo
02-07-09, 08:01
Put it this way lah. In my condo shopping last year, i came across 2-3 10yr plus properties in d15, 9 & 10 where the 'planter' and aircon ledge are not inputed in the psf, but are 'owned' by the mcst

cheerful
02-07-09, 11:05
Perhaps this is nothing new ... but for those reading this thread but somehow got lost along the way :P

Site Area : 92,000 sf

Tenure : 99 yr leasehold (wef Mar 2008)

Total Units : 373 units (2, 3, & 4 bedroom types, 2 special 5 bedroom duplex units and 3 penthouses

Type & Approx Floor Size No. of Units

Type B (2 bedroom) 947sf – 1023sf 144
Type C (3 bedroom) 1475sf 144
Type D (4 bedroom) 1733sf – 1991sf 80
Type DP (5 bedroom + Family Duplex) 3025sf 2
Penthouses 2562sf – 6308sf 3

Date of Vacant Possession : 28 Feb 2014

Estimated TOP : 4Q 2012 / 1Q 2013 (TBC)

Date of Legal Completion : 28 Feb 2017

pweesng
02-07-09, 11:08
i thought planter only in living room and not in bedroom for your Wharf? even if bedroom have, its those type can level off and step out type and obviously no bay windows there. no one can beat AS liao, BAY WINDOW + PLANTER (obviously cannot step out type) IN MOST BEDROOMS. :doh:

Well there is a planter in the living room and there is a planter in the 2nd bedroom as well. Both can be levelled off and step out.

The living room one perhas can have a small table for breakfast... the bedroom one is just enough for me to sneak out for a smoke and not stink the house! :)

bargain hunter
02-07-09, 11:19
2nd bedroom planter can be levelled off? i can't imagine doing an obstacle course climbing over a bay window to get to that planter, accidentally trip and fall off the building?! doesn't make sense.

i still believe from the plan, the planters for the bedrooms looks like cannot be levelled off and step out type.

Well there is a planter in the living room and there is a planter in the 2nd bedroom as well. Both can be levelled off and step out.

The living room one perhas can have a small table for breakfast... the bedroom one is just enough for me to sneak out for a smoke and not stink the house! :)

pweesng
02-07-09, 11:26
2nd bedroom planter can be levelled off? i can't imagine doing an obstacle course climbing over a bay window to get to that planter, accidentally trip and fall off the building?! doesn't make sense.

i still believe from the plan, the planters for the bedrooms looks like cannot be levelled off and step out type.

Wharf? there is no bay window... but actually, now that you mentioned i am also not sure if it can be levelled off... but there is no bay window, if i need to climb out to sneak a fag... a bit easier.. hahahah

bargain hunter
02-07-09, 12:02
sorry, i got confused. i was talking about Ass-censure Sai.

Wharf no bay window blocking planter, sure can find some way to level off.

Wharf? there is no bay window... but actually, now that you mentioned i am also not sure if it can be levelled off... but there is no bay window, if i need to climb out to sneak a fag... a bit easier.. hahahah

bargain hunter
02-07-09, 12:28
Over at Kim Eng Research, Wilson Liew sounds more upbeat. He singles out Wing Tai Holdings as an interesting play.
“After speaking to property agents, we believe that the launch of Ascentia Sky (on Alexandra Road) is imminent. We have raised our average selling price assumption to $1,100 psf, and based on an estimated breakeven of $984 psf, we no longer believe that a provision is necessary for this site – Wing Tai may in fact make a small profit,” he observes.

Interestingly, hordes of owners who had bought units under the deferred payment scheme were reported to be at the adjacent The Metropolitan (which recently received its temporary occupation permit) over the weekend trying to ‘flip’ their units. They were reported to be asking for $1,100 psf to $1,200 psf from interested buyers.

Liew has a buy recommendation on Wing Tai. “Buying the stock is cheaper than physical property,” he reckons. “As the sales outlook improves, we have upgraded our FY09-10 forecasts by 4.9% and 13.2% respectively.” He has a target price of $1.79, and the counter closed at $1.42 on Wednesday. Missed the queue? Consider property stocks.

vin002
02-07-09, 14:08

All are part of the area. URA only giving developer a maximum width of 1m and a minimum depth of 500mm) to be exempted from Gross Floor Area.

vin002
02-07-09, 14:11
is not free

Don't be misleading. All are part of the area. URA only giving developer a maximum width of 1m and a minimum depth of 500mm) to be exempted from Gross Floor Area.

bargain hunter
02-07-09, 15:08
that means balconies are not exempt?

All are part of the area. URA only giving developer a maximum width of 1m and a minimum depth of 500mm) to be exempted from Gross Floor Area.

NoodyGirl
02-07-09, 15:10

is it not what I mean but others like to twist

vin002
02-07-09, 17:39

All area are part of gross floor area computation. The only exception is the plant and bay window but not totally. Only limited to what I mentioned earlier.

cheerful
02-07-09, 17:47
All area are part of gross floor area computation. The only exception is the plant and bay window but not totally. Only limited to what I mentioned earlier.

Oh ... learn something here .. so balcony looks alright then ... u pay for something that is accounted for :)

vin002
02-07-09, 17:54
Oh ... learn something here .. so balcony looks alright then ... u pay for something that is accounted for :)

So what if it is accounted for? You are still paying for it and developer is also making profit out of it. Unless you sleep there or watch TV there.

Imagine that if you have a big balcony two times or three times the size of an average planter and no views. It will only be your store area. Unless you block up the balcony with windows and convert it to an indoor area.

Moral of the story. If you think you need a planter/bay window/balcony and has use for it, get it. Otherwise, don't.

esurprise
02-07-09, 18:24
So what if it is accounted for? You are still paying for it and developer is also making profit out of it. Unless you sleep there or watch TV there.

Imagine that if you have a big balcony two times or three times the size of an average planter and no views. It will only be your store area. Unless you block up the balcony with windows and convert it to an indoor area.

Moral of the story. If you think you need a planter/bay window/balcony and has use for it, get it. Otherwise, don't.
Hi Vin002, can't agree more with you. This is exactly what i want to say.Another way of presenting - since kitchen/WC/HS are also accounted for, does that means that a layout of biig kitchen/WC/HS is ok? The point of emphasis is "use-able space"In fact, strictly speaking, Kitchen/WC/HS are considered use-able space and Bay window/Planters/Balcony are not consider use-able space. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong. So therefore, if we agree of no point of having a too big kitchen/HS/WC layout (considered use-able space), all the more worse if ithe layout is a every room comes with bay window and planters + a big Balcony (considered unuse-able space) :-(

bargain hunter
02-07-09, 20:31
no wonder Ass censure Sai have such thin planters which cannot step out.

teddybear
02-07-09, 22:44
What are the projects that come with lots of bay windows, planter areas and large balcony? I will give a pricing of 10% discount on psf basis compared to neighbouring condo estate's units if I am going to buy. One example I knew of is Newton One (and owner asking for $1600 psf or more). Ha ha ha! I fell off the chair after hearing that. If close by Park Infinia selling at $12xx psf, then we should price Newton One with another 10% discount? :p

Hi Vin002, can't agree more with you. This is exactly what i want to say.Another way of presenting - since kitchen/WC/HS are also accounted for, does that means that a layout of biig kitchen/WC/HS is ok? The point of emphasis is "use-able space"In fact, strictly speaking, Kitchen/WC/HS are considered use-able space and Bay window/Planters/Balcony are not consider use-able space. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong. So therefore, if we agree of no point of having a too big kitchen/HS/WC layout (considered use-able space), all the more worse if ithe layout is a every room comes with bay window and planters + a big Balcony (considered unuse-able space) :-(

Regulators
03-07-09, 00:48
heard from some agents that all agents' eyes are on this project. If this project can sellout at such ridiculous prices, the whole market will move with it.....:doh:

bargain hunter
03-07-09, 00:54
stock market falling liao, maybe buyers will be more rational this weekend? hee

heard from some agents that all agents' eyes are on this project. If this project can sellout at such ridiculous prices, the whole market will move with it.....:doh:

Regulators
03-07-09, 01:00
actually we do need these buyers to flog the once dead property market back to life again. property owners are all gearing up for the next property wave to offload our condos for a profit so this could be a good sign. Anything below 1350psf average for this project is okay, if not i would have to lay my manhood on the chopping board...lol

teddybear
03-07-09, 08:30
You mean Ascentia Sky? What price do you consider to be ridiculous and what is considered sensible?

cheerful
03-07-09, 08:43

chey of course when u shop around, if u don't like the layout u shldn't be buying lah ... the best if u've $$ to build your own home, then u can have design as much usable spaces as u wish mah ...:rolleyes:

teddybear
03-07-09, 08:54
Time to have property buyers' education NOW! Tell them that when they see those condos with BIG BIG bay windows, planter areas, air-con ledges and balcony etc, make a discount on the PSF compared to neighbouring condos that don't have these useless space and don't pay for them! (Don't need to be 'carrot head' to such developers!). :D

pweesng
03-07-09, 09:43
Time to have property buyers' education NOW! Tell them that when they see those condos with BIG BIG bay windows, planter areas, air-con ledges and balcony etc, make a discount on the PSF compared to neighbouring condos that don't have these useless space and don't pay for them! (Don't need to be 'carrot head' to such developers!). :D

A bit of misconception here...

1) Developers have to pay a DC for the balcony. It is not free.
2) Planters are free. It forms part of the 10% efficiency allowed by SLA. However, there is still construction cost involved.
a) Construction cost in today's market for a normal GFA is about $500. For balcony and Planters it would be about $250 psf.
b) this does not include the professional fees yet. All in the construction cost of Planters shoudl be in the region of $300 and for Balconly should be in the region of $400.

So to walk away with the conception that these are free and therefore we shoudl get a 10% discount, may not be entirely true. Developers do need to pay for them. They just don't pay as much. But that is also why, apartments with large PES are usually cheaper in the PSF.

BTW, Private lift lobby also falls under the extra 10% that SLA allows. and bear in mind, we usually pay FULL price for private lift lobby.

In any case, as someone who has commented previously, buy it only if you like it. I for one love a large PES, and would gladly pay for it.

vin002
03-07-09, 09:50

Another misconception. Stock market and property market is not co-related. Otherwise, you will see property prices every week moving up and moving down.

vin002
03-07-09, 10:00

In any case, as someone who has commented previously, buy it only if you like it. I for one love a large PES, and would gladly pay for it.

This is what I trying to say. Buy only if you like it and nothing is free. All come with a cost.

Actually, I prefer to give the developer the benefit of the doubt. With the extra space (Planter, bay window, lift lobby, etc) allowed by URA, their margin will be better. Without the extra space, meaning their margin will be affected. So in order to protect their margine, what do you think all the developer will do? The further new property prices will mean that the psf will be higher. This is good for those holding property as the prices will continue to raise. But not so for those hunting for new property without any property on hand.

vin002
03-07-09, 10:02
I think without the planter or bay window for AS, the psf will need to be at least selling at $1500psf! :eek:

pweesng
03-07-09, 10:09
Another misconception. Stock market and property market is not co-related. Otherwise, you will see property prices every week moving up and moving down.

actually property and stock market are co-related. Property price usually lag behind the stock market by about 6 months...

The funny thing is that this time round, it actually tracks the stock market almost immediately.

vin002
03-07-09, 10:31
actually property and stock market are co-related. Property price usually lag behind the stock market by about 6 months...

The funny thing is that this time round, it actually tracks the stock market almost immediately.

It is only true after a certain strong rally or crisis. Eg. STI from 1500 to current 2200.

People here as saying the the weekly STI gain or loss is affecting the property market prices. I can safely say that even if STI drop to 1900, the property price will not be affected. It will only if STI back to 1500 levels.

In the past, do you see property prices drop in every STI correction?

For pte property, other than as an investment assets, it is also a shelter for majority.

Property_Owner
03-07-09, 10:37
It is only true after a certain strong rally or crisis. Eg. STI from 1500 to current 2200.

People here as saying the the weekly STI gain or loss is affecting the property market prices. I can safely say that even if STI drop to 1900, the property price will not be affected. It will only if STI back to 1500 levels.

In the past, do you see property prices drop in every STI correction?

For pte property, other than as an investment assets, it is also a shelter for majority.

But what are the chances of 1500? Even 1900 may not happen. Guess by end of this year should hit 2700.

esurprise
03-07-09, 10:39

2) Planters are free. It forms part of the 10% efficiency allowed by SLA. However, there is still construction cost involved.
a) Construction cost in today's market for a normal GFA is about $500. For balcony and Planters it would be about $250 psf.
b) this does not include the professional fees yet. All in the construction cost of Planters shoudl be in the region of $300 and for Balconly should be in the region of $400.

So to walk away with the conception that these are free and therefore we shoudl get a 10% discount, may not be entirely true. Developers do need to pay for them. They just don't pay as much. But that is also why, apartments with large PES are usually cheaper in the PSF.

BTW, Private lift lobby also falls under the extra 10% that SLA allows. and bear in mind, we usually pay FULL price for private lift lobby.

Surely DC are paid for the balcony area. However, can someone make some intelligent guess why would the designer wants to build so many planters in each individual unit? is it for a noble reason to beautify the block? or because it is free space for bay window and planters, thus more margin?

All you need is just one smart alec to come up with the idea of lets throw in planters in every room and bay window and knowing singaporean will surely buy. By the way, lets throw in a good branding by calling it "Tanglin" and lastly during preview, give some inital discount to create the hype and re-adjust the price up subsequently. All this marketing strategy we know lah. Met official address is Alexandra road. Can someone educate us which part of the subject matter is in Tanglin? Does it sound right to rename Redhill MRT station to Tanglin MRT Station?

As for contruction price, every items in the unit sure have construction cost lah. but at least don't design the bay window and planters like this so obvious want to squeeze buyer.

To be fair, I know of one project in Parc Centenial also have planters and Bay Window in every room and 2 balconies (living and master room) in D9. FH. How much did they sell finally? avg 1183psf to 1250psf in May.

esurprise
03-07-09, 10:48
But what are the chances of 1500? Even 1900 may not happen. Guess by end of this year should hit 2700.

Personally i think, if the STI does drop further or an obvious sideway correction, it will at least cue developers to think twice before setting prices to test and test the market and see anymore Singaporean/foreigner will bite?

the worst case it can happens is to stop the launch and relaunch in a near future with adjusted price down.

pweesng
03-07-09, 10:50
Surely DC are paid for the balcony area. However, can someone make some intelligent guess why would the designer wants to build so many planters in each individual unit? is it for a noble reason to beautify the block? or because it is free space for bay window and planters, thus more margin?

All you need is just one smart alec to come up with the idea of lets throw in planters in every room and bay window and knowing singaporean will surely buy. By the way, lets throw in a good branding by calling it "Tanglin" and lastly during preview, give some inital discount to create the hype and re-adjust the price up subsequently. All this marketing strategy we know lah. Met official address is Alexandra road. Can someone educate us which part of the subject matter is in Tanglin? Does it sound right to rename Redhill MRT station to Tanglin MRT Station?

As for contruction price, every items in the unit sure have construction cost lah. but at least don't design the bay window and planters like this so obvious want to squeeze buyer.

To be fair, I know of one project in Parc Centenial also have planters and Bay Window in every room and 2 balconies (living and master room) in D9. FH. How much did they sell finally? avg 1183psf to 1250psf in May.

I totally see your point. But if i am a developer, and i don't use Bay windows and planters, the project will end up with lift lobbies that is damn big.

What ever marketing strategies a developer use, is all part of what they need to do mah. it is really up to the buyer to get sucked in or not.

same for bay windows and planters. If nobody wants these, do you really think it would still be in designs everywhere? It may not suit all people, but i am pretty sure someone out there like this kind of things, and there is obviously a large enough group, so much so that developers are still doing it.

Parc Centennial, exactly, because they have large balcony, planters and bay windows, that is why the psf can be so low. Had it been none of those, you will probably end up with a higher psf. So essentially, developers are giving you more, for less money... hahaha :spliff:

vin002
03-07-09, 11:02

Met official address is Alexandra View which is due to the new road created and named as Alexandra View. This new road is turned in from Alexandra road which is a very long road.

esurprise
03-07-09, 11:12
I totally see your point. But if i am a developer, and i don't use Bay windows and planters, the project will end up with lift lobbies that is damn big.

What ever marketing strategies a developer use, is all part of what they need to do mah. it is really up to the buyer to get sucked in or not.

same for bay windows and planters. If nobody wants these, do you really think it would still be in designs everywhere? It may not suit all people, but i am pretty sure someone out there like this kind of things, and there is obviously a large enough group, so much so that developers are still doing it.

Parc Centennial, exactly, because they have large balcony, planters and bay windows, that is why the psf can be so low. Had it been none of those, you will probably end up with a higher psf. So essentially, developers are giving you more, for less money... hahaha :spliff:

Yeah, it is summarised as a "Willing Buyer, Willing Seller" and in this case, the seller suck becuase this kind of lousy design selling at $1300psf also want to cheong and buy.

I differ your point about PC, at least for PC, they design it this way, they charge lower price and everyone happy and fair. For "Redhill condon", design this way, 99yrs and charge higher. Where is the logic? got logic or not, will be determine by each individual potential buyer at launch time. Like Election like that.

Maybe it should be called "Willing Seller Sucking Buyer" :-)

Thanks for seeing my point.

teddybear
03-07-09, 11:24
BIG Planters & bay windows - useless to 99.999% of people.
BIG air-con ledges - lagi 100% useless to all people (what is the point when the air-con compressors only occupies a small part of it? - I have seen so many condos with very large air-con ledges!)
BIG balconies - useless to 99.9% of the people (small one to stand there for a while and watch scenery will do).
So, buyers should be more cleverer and discount all these useless spaces (regardless of how much it will cost developers because it definitely cost very much less to build these but developers can charge a lot more otherwise you won't see such 'creating accounting' in the unit size for sale!).

esurprise
03-07-09, 13:59
BIG air-con ledges - lagi 100% useless to all people (what is the point when the air-con compressors only occupies a small part of it? - I have seen so many condos with very large air-con ledges!)
BIG balconies - useless to 99.9% of the people (small one to stand there for a while and watch scenery will do).
So, buyers should be more cleverer and discount all these useless spaces (regardless of how much it will cost developers because it definitely cost very much less to build these but developers can charge a lot more otherwise you won't see such 'creating accounting' in the unit size for sale!).

Wow, i like your 'creating accounting' in the unit size for sales explaination. :scared-1:

vin002
03-07-09, 14:05

Please try to discount that when you buy from developer and tell us if you successfully done it. :cheers6:

Regulators
03-07-09, 14:48
no one has mentioned about the fair value for AS. I wud gv it 8xx to 9xxpsf.

august
03-07-09, 14:57

hehe agree ~ :D

bargain hunter
03-07-09, 15:37
we don't want kenna flammed mah. your price range is right, just nice, those buy 12xxpsf upon TOP forcesold at 9xxpsf, lose 20% deposit.

esurprise
03-07-09, 15:46
Please try to discount that when you buy from developer and tell us if you successfully done it. :cheers6:

Actually it is nothing to be surprise.

If developers launches projects, the response not so good, they will either drop price or very mostly likely stop the launch and relaunch it in a few months time with a more attractive prices, at the prevailing market pricing.

Alot of developers have done that, i'm sure alot of forummer are aware and have personally benefited from it in this process.

Nothing to be surprise.

teddybear
03-07-09, 16:58
What price has this AS been sold? Is it really $1350 psf? Is it 1 or 2 units only for marketing purposes? What other goodies/discounts/Interest absorption/renovation ang pao they give (which artificially prop up the selling price on paper?). Would really be interested to know the profile of buyer. Developers sure like these 'people'!

Over at Kim Eng Research, Wilson Liew sounds more upbeat. He singles out Wing Tai Holdings as an interesting play.
“After speaking to property agents, we believe that the launch of Ascentia Sky (on Alexandra Road) is imminent. We have raised our average selling price assumption to $1,100 psf, and based on an estimated breakeven of $984 psf, we no longer believe that a provision is necessary for this site – Wing Tai may in fact make a small profit,” he observes.

Interestingly, hordes of owners who had bought units under the deferred payment scheme were reported to be at the adjacent The Metropolitan (which recently received its temporary occupation permit) over the weekend trying to ‘flip’ their units. They were reported to be asking for $1,100 psf to $1,200 psf from interested buyers.

Liew has a buy recommendation on Wing Tai. “Buying the stock is cheaper than physical property,” he reckons. “As the sales outlook improves, we have upgraded our FY09-10 forecasts by 4.9% and 13.2% respectively.” He has a target price of $1.79, and the counter closed at $1.42 on Wednesday. Missed the queue? Consider property stocks.

vin002
03-07-09, 17:35

If developers launches projects, the response not so good, they will either drop price or very mostly likely stop the launch and relaunch it in a few months time with a more attractive prices, at the prevailing market pricing.

Alot of developers have done that, i'm sure alot of forummer are aware and have personally benefited from it in this process.

Nothing to be surprise.

I agree but not all projects. If you are talking about small scale developer - yes. I have ever encounter a project sold at $1300psf-$1400. But subsequently selling at $950-$1000psf. It was snapped up like "hot cakes" despite small unit size with big planter and balcony!

For AS, like I mentioned, it is impossible to get at below $1000 psf from developer due to land cost. I guess the lowest that they will yield is $1100psf. Unless there is another launch nearby selling at a lower psf, there is no way Wingtai will want to lower the price as they are commanding the market at that area currently. There are no competition. It is almost like, you want to stay around this area, pay this price. This is something that a value investors that most of you here will not understand. Therefore, I also have a feeling that this maybe a sellout project as well although I disagree with the current pricing.

Some of you may talk about logic but in real situation, there are no logic to talk about such as "The Sail" can ask at $2000psf!:scared-1:

esurprise
03-07-09, 18:01
I agree but not all projects. If you are talking about small scale developer - yes. I have ever encounter a project sold at $1300psf-$1400. But subsequently selling at $950-$1000psf. It was snapped up like "hot cakes" despite small unit size with big planter and balcony!

For AS, like I mentioned, it is impossible to get at below $1000 psf from developer due to land cost. I guess the lowest that they will yield is $1100psf. Unless there is another launch nearby selling at a lower psf, there is no way Wingtai will want to lower the price as they are commanding the market at that area currently. There are no competition. It is almost like, you want to stay around this area, pay this price. This is something that a value investors that most of you here will not understand. Therefore, I also have a feeling that this maybe a sellout project as well although I disagree with the current pricing.

Some of you may talk about logic but in real situation, there are no logic to talk about such as "The Sail" can ask at $2000psf!:scared-1:

Correct, Singapore buyer sooner or later will buy in. It is not about logic at all, its about afraid to miss the boat too.

That is why being a marketeer i also know the consumer behaviour and i'll build every room with planters & Bay window + big big Balcony. Anyway some sucker sooner or later will bite.

And end of the year i'll get big big bonus and btw, they are giving 1% big big commission to agent too.

Cactus72
03-07-09, 19:41

Nothing to be surprise.

Haha..They will say they launch 10 units and 8 sold and advertise 80% sold! This is why they launch the project at different stages beside adjusting the prices (usually higher and higher)....marketing strategy...Like it or not, there will be some cash rich & desperate people who fall into the category of the 8 who buy the condo.

Honesty
03-07-09, 21:53
Haha..They will say they launch 10 units and 8 sold and advertise 80% sold! This is why they launch the project at different stages beside adjusting the prices (usually higher and higher)....marketing strategy...Like it or not, there will be some cash rich & desperate people who fall into the category of the 8 who buy the condo.

The poor desperate people.... poor thing...

Regulators
04-07-09, 00:26
At least there is some logic to the sail asking for that price. projects like Soleil, Zenith or Lucida selling for $1700psf is ridiculous.

bargain hunter
04-07-09, 12:25
I am not sure what is the success rate for the few floors they released for sale without allowing buyers to go to showflat.

What price has this AS been sold? Is it really $1350 psf? Is it 1 or 2 units only for marketing purposes? What other goodies/discounts/Interest absorption/renovation ang pao they give (which artificially prop up the selling price on paper?). Would really be interested to know the profile of buyer. Developers sure like these 'people'!

teddybear
04-07-09, 14:28
No news means not so optimistic sales lah. Buyers who buy at >$1000 psf probably needs to wait till 2015 or later before they can even resell for a profit! :scared-4:

I am not sure what is the success rate for the few floors they released for sale without allowing buyers to go to showflat.

vin002
04-07-09, 22:09
At least there is some logic to the sail asking for that price. projects like Soleil, Zenith or Lucida selling for $1700psf is ridiculous.

Actually, if we are taking about local buyers, we are more rationale due to familar with the market. But if foreign investors/buyers, I am not so sure. Eg. Compare with HK, our property are still damn cheap and value for money. I was told that some lousy property could cost $1.5m, has open carpark with no shelter and long walk to their lift lobby. :scared-1:

vin002
04-07-09, 22:11
No news means not so optimistic sales lah. Buyers who buy at >$1000 psf probably needs to wait till 2015 or later before they can even resell for a profit! :scared-4:

Not all buyers buy for a purpose to sell. So what if cannot sell. They can stay for 10 to 20 years.

But one thing I am sure, for new property, the price for this location will not drop further till Wing Tai sold out AS.

vin002
04-07-09, 22:12

Don't be surprise, I already heard agents have cheque in their hands ready to grab.

Honesty
04-07-09, 22:30
Not all buyers buy for a purpose to sell. So what if cannot sell. They can stay for 10 to 20 years.

But one thing I am sure, for new property, the price for this location will not drop further till Wing Tai sold out AS.

It is not up to wing tai to decide the market price. They can still sell at the price they want, but is there any buyer??? On the other hand, If the rest of the sellers around the same area need to sell at lower price I think wing tai may follow, as they need to clear they 99 leasehold stocks.

The more they delay, the lesser the balance of years left.

How to stay with sure a high loan. Every month they need to pay around $4,000 to $5,000 for 80% loan for the 1 m house. ($800,000 loan)

Even can pay also no money to eat lah...

Regulators
04-07-09, 22:39
these nuts that handed in cheques still have time to back out so long as they dont sign anythng.
Don't be surprise, I already heard agents have cheque in their hands ready to grab.

bargain hunter
04-07-09, 23:09
Now that you mentioned eat, I think buy martin place better, if no money to eat just walk next door to the temple to eat the free food everyday. Tell them have just enough money to pay loan, no money to eat.

It is not up to wing tai to decide the market price. They can still sell at the price they want, but is there any buyer??? On the other hand, If the rest of the sellers around the same area need to sell at lower price I think wing tai may follow, as they need to clear they 99 leasehold stocks.

The more they delay, the lesser the balance of years left.

How to stay with sure a high loan. Every month they need to pay around $4,000 to $5,000 for 80% loan for the 1 m house. ($800,000 loan)

Even can pay also no money to eat lah...

Honesty
04-07-09, 23:21
Now that you mentioned eat, I think buy martin place better, if no money to eat just walk next door to the temple to eat the free food everyday. Tell them have just enough money to pay loan, no money to eat.

Ha ha ha...I like that.

Honesty
05-07-09, 09:56
BTW, can anyone tell me is AS consider mass condo?

I saw today ST, they are asking for $1300 to $1500 psf.

If it is a mass condo, how the mass afford?

If it is a up market condo, than this place does not look like. They might as well buy river valley or newton or bukit timah for that price.

Antz621
05-07-09, 10:22

If it is a up market condo, than this place does not look like. They might as well buy river valley or newton or bukit timah for that price.
The article already mentioned the developer is just trying to take advantage of the rising tide in the recent rally madness; even though it defies logical reasoning... Thereafter the article also reported that the current rally and prices are highly unlikely to be sustainable. Hence the conclusion is: YOU BEEN FOREWARNED! :D

bargain hunter
05-07-09, 10:53
well, agents had SMS me 10xx to 13xx after discounts for low to high floor so i guess 1300 to 1500 is the fixed price that they have and they will vary the discounts from there depending on market sentiments. i guess you can either call it the upper most tier of the mass market or the lowest tier of the mid market.

jonleelk
05-07-09, 11:32
so far...mass market seems to be those <$1k psf.

bargain hunter
05-07-09, 11:36
that's why Ascentia Sky (Ask for the Sky) want to market themselves as mid market by tagging on tanglin hahaha

so far...mass market seems to be those <$1k psf.

teddybear
05-07-09, 17:00
$1300-1500 is illusionary price for marketing purposes to stir up interest (because before discount) so that the project appears more upper market and high class?

well, agents had SMS me 10xx to 13xx after discounts for low to high floor so i guess 1300 to 1500 is the fixed price that they have and they will vary the discounts from there depending on market sentiments. i guess you can either call it the upper most tier of the mass market or the lowest tier of the mid market.

wonder
05-07-09, 18:17
That is definately overprice for 99 yrs and in district 3
Might as well buy Metropoli if that is the case and you really wanted to buy that area and near MRT

esurprise
05-07-09, 20:00

It is all Marketing Marketing Marketing!! Developers say intend to "launch" at a certain high price and preview give you a 8%+2% discount. It is designed to make you feel like a good buy right?

This kind of gimmick, everyone don't know meh? Diamond sales discount, Bridal exhibition all the same lah.

It is always "Mr Potential Buyer, this discount price is only till tonite, tomorrow, the price will be revised" or "Mr Potential, this price is very attractive, i understand another buyer is ging to place check"

Mind you, this project, agents are being paid more commission than others, that means agent will go all out to hardsell.

Honesty
05-07-09, 20:24
It is all Marketing Marketing Marketing!! Developers say intend to "launch" at a certain high price and preview give you a 8%+2% discount. It is designed to make you feel like a good buy right?

This kind of gimmick, everyone don't know meh? Diamond sales discount, Bridal exhibition all the same lah.

It is always "Mr Potential Buyer, this discount price is only till tonite, tomorrow, the price will be revised" or "Mr Potential, this price is very attractive, i understand another buyer is ging to place check"

Mind you, this project, agents are being paid more commission than others, that means agent will go all out to hardsell.

Many buyers are just plain stupid, and many are just kiasu.

I am sure they also know about the market situation now as all the analysts said that it is not sustainable, but they have nothing to do at home and so rich that want to throw some money away... so go and buy house.

The developer will love them....always....

KT_Lim
05-07-09, 20:41
When people with their own money chase up the market -u call them stupid and lemmings. When you ride on their coat-tails and manage to sell off your property at a higher price - you annouced smugly that you are being clever. Lets stop all these bullshit hypocrisy, shall we!? Its a free market afterall.

Many buyers are just plain stupid, and many are just kiasu.

I am sure they also know about the market situation now as all the analysts said that it is not sustainable, but they have nothing to do at home and so rich that want to throw some money away... so go and buy house.

The developer will love them....always....

cheerful
05-07-09, 21:01

hi pal, care to share how did u know abt this ... was it mentioned in the papers? Thot agent commission shld be fixed percent ... hmm so developers can up it to encourage hard-sell ah ... :confused:

esurprise
05-07-09, 22:19
hi pal, care to share how did u know abt this ... was it mentioned in the papers? Thot agent commission shld be fixed percent ... hmm so developers can up it to encourage hard-sell ah ... :confused:

Hi Cheerful!!

The commission thingy wasn't mentioend in the paper but you can be sure this information is true.

As for your question on "Thot agent commission shld be fixed percent?" The agent commission is as fixed as the you believe to be ..... :-)
No lah, there are market stardard when it comes to new launch agent commission however, developer can give more or give less depending, who need who more? If the project is sure sell, for example if developer really price to sell, the developer will already know that the project will sell by itself. In this case, developer will not offer a low commssion. Agents on the other hand, are also happy to take up such projects because since its been priced to sell, it will be a very easy effortless sales. It will be just order taking and therefore commision are, sort of, a sure thing, no doubt lesser.

In cases where deveopers are setting the price to test the market (greter challenge to agents), it will give higher, than market rate, commission. In this case, it place a higher dependent on agents to hardsell, bullshiting, pressuring like "Mr Buyer, the project already 80% sold, and this offer price only for tonite only after tonite, developer will be revising the price" or "another buyer check will be coming in if you are not going to act fast"

i understand sometime these claims are true, epseically when projects are genuinely price to sell. However, i must say that most times, these claims are just sales tactic used to close project and collect a higher than market rate commission from developer.

So you understand now? - developers give out higher than market rate commission to agents because buyer already paid higher, than market rate, 1)psf, 2)buying the extra number of plantters in each room and bay wondows and 5) an extra large balcony :-)

BTW, if the developers fail to test the market successfully, they can stop the launch and relaunch it again in a short time. This new relaunch, they can set a realistic psf and the developer will also revise agent commission down accordingly.

Let put it this way, if for certain reason, like due to poor judgement, developer bought a land at a high price and thus have to launch it at high price. It doesn't mean that buyer must bite. Let those that made a poor judgement responsible for it. The clock of a 99yrs pcs of land is ticking, who should worry more?

Ever play muscial chair? If anyone is going to buy it at high price from developer, you need to know that developer rotten egg has just been past to you. it will your responsibility to look for another sucker, in time to come, to catch your rotten. Otherwise, you'll have to rot with it by paying high mortgages, especially when interest rate is revise up in time to come.

Cheers

teddybear
06-07-09, 08:27
Compared to HK, generally our pay here also damn cheap (they are like 50%-100% more than here).

Actually, if we are taking about local buyers, we are more rationale due to familar with the market. But if foreign investors/buyers, I am not so sure. Eg. Compare with HK, our property are still damn cheap and value for money. I was told that some lousy property could cost $1.5m, has open carpark with no shelter and long walk to their lift lobby. :scared-1:

vin002
06-07-09, 08:46
It is not up to wing tai to decide the market price. They can still sell at the price they want, but is there any buyer???

Of course it is up to them to decide the price unless there is competition. Look at the key word "competition". Yes, the neighbour may be selling cheaper but they are the only new condo launch in that area as least within the 20km range.

Most of the buyers will prefer to buy from developer or new project which is the fact. In addition, for those buyers that have previously stayed out of the market in Dec 08 to Apr 09 and waiting for the price to drop further have now fear that if they don't take the opportunity now they may have to wait even longer.

vin002
06-07-09, 08:51
When people with their own money chase up the market -u call them stupid and lemmings. When you ride on their coat-tails and manage to sell off your property at a higher price - you annouced smugly that you are being clever. Lets stop all these bullshit hypocrisy, shall we!? Its a free market afterall.

I totally agree. In fact, I want to thank them for upping the value of the property that I owned. :D

vin002
06-07-09, 08:55
Compared to HK, generally our pay here also damn cheap (they are like 50%-100% more than here).

That's why I am saying that the views that our property are expensive is only the "local views" and it is shortsighted as often the drive up in the value for the property is by foreigner who is earning much higher pay. For a same $1.5m property, they are getting more facility compared with HK which may be only provided with open car park and a pool only.

Douk
06-07-09, 09:16

the agents are paid more commission so that they can give more discount to boost transaction from their own account without affecting the official psf.

esurprise
06-07-09, 09:41
the agents are paid more commission so that they can give more discount to boost transaction from their own account without affecting the official psf.

Hi Douk

Do you mean that the agent are giving discount from their own pocket?
I suggest you don't set your hope too high on this option if you really looking forwarod to a real substantial discount, simply because how much do you hope agent james bond is wiling to folk out from his pocket money?

The "meat" is from the source and not on the squeezed middleman lah.
Get your aim correct and go for the kill.

In anycase, anyone know when is AS show flat will be open for preview?

bargain hunter
06-07-09, 16:47
According to DMG research,

"Ascent takes shape. Since early last week, we hear that Wing Tai has allocated at
least 12 units in all to three property agents – CBRE, DTZ and Huttons to market to
their interested clients. All 12 are 2 bedders and located on the 13th, 20th and 36th
storey, with prices ranging from S$1,150 – 1,350 psf, with the highest floor fetching
higher prices. This is within the present asking prices for a nearby project –
CapitaLand’s 382-unit The Metropolitan. 9 out of the 12 units have been sold YTD.
Official launch is targeted during second half of this week."

noblebaby
06-07-09, 17:26
yes, you can request the agent to share half of his commision with you... just bargain with agent.

Hi Douk

Do you mean that the agent are giving discount from their own pocket?
I suggest you don't set your hope too high on this option if you really looking forwarod to a real substantial discount, simply because how much do you hope agent james bond is wiling to folk out from his pocket money?

The "meat" is from the source and not on the squeezed middleman lah.
Get your aim correct and go for the kill.

In anycase, anyone know when is AS show flat will be open for preview?

爱屋及乌
06-07-09, 22:12
Based on your logic , they should go buy property in Vietnam , Indonesia . May be could buy a landed with football field or golf course as facility.

That's why I am saying that the views that our property are expensive is only the "local views" and it is shortsighted as often the drive up in the value for the property is by foreigner who is earning much higher pay. For a same $1.5m property, they are getting more facility compared with HK which may be only provided with open car park and a pool only.

condo101
06-07-09, 23:01
AscentiaSky.sg (http://www.ascentiasky.sg)

Ascentia Sky by Tanglin open for booking NOW

Register @ AscentiaSky.sg (http://www.ascentiasky.sg) or Call Sale hotline @ 96663066

Get a unit early and get a early bird discount of upto 10%!

Ascentia Sky by Tanglin fact sheet

Project Name: ASCENTIA SKY
Address: 1 & 3 Alexandra View
Type: Condo
District: 03
Year Completed: 2014
Tenure: 99 years
Total Units: 373
Developer: WINPRIDE INVESTMENT PTE LTD (WINGTAI ASIA)
Nos of block: 2 Towers of 45 Storeys

Type:
2 Bedrooms : 947-1023 sqf
3 Bedrooms : 1475 sqf
4 Bedrooms : 1733-1991 sqf
5 Bedrooms : 3025 sqf
Penthouses : 2562-6308 sqft

Magnificent Views: North (Bt Timah Hill, Tanglin GCB, Orchard) South (Raffles Place, Singapore Flyer, Millenia Tower, Sentosa) Designed by award-winning architect: P&T Architect (Awarded pass project: The Light @ Cairnhill)

Ascentia Sky is -1 Min Walk to Redhill MRT -3 to 4 Stations away to Marina Bay via MRT/ 8 Mins drive -5 Min Drive to Orchard Road -Easy access of AYE & CTE - Amenities: Food centres, IKEA, Anchorpoint - Near CGS, River Valley Pri School, ACS

AscentiaSky.sg (http://www.ascentiasky.sg)

Ascentia Sky by Tanglin open for booking NOW

Register @ AscentiaSky.sg (http://www.ascentiasky.sg) or Call Sale hotline @ 96663066

Get a unit early and get a early bird discount of upto 10%!

yokoosi
06-07-09, 23:04
wat is the psf?

proud owner
06-07-09, 23:17
wat is the psf?

walau by Tanglin ? not Redhill ?

then we will have :

Cosmopolitan by Paterson

RV Suites by Nathan

Nathan Place by Chatsworth

Doman 21 by Jervois

Hope buyers know what they are getting and why developers or agents need to use Tanglin to fool people

teddybear
06-07-09, 23:22
:cheers1: Ha ha ha!

walau by Tanglin ? not Redhill ?

then we will have :

Cosmopolitan by Paterson

RV Suites by Nathan

Nathan Place by Chatsworth

Doman 21 by Jervois

Hope buyers know what they are getting and why developers or agents need to use Tanglin to fool people