PDA

View Full Version : Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

lot286
05-06-13, 16:13
well it's virtually no risk for bank disbursement...i think they are just trying to play by the book as much as possible

gyyy
05-06-13, 20:00
so far I counted 6 owners - Looks like we can start a owners club soon.

Are you guys renting out or staying in? I will be staying.

Xarain
05-06-13, 20:07
Are you guys renting out or staying in? I will be staying.

I plan to rent mine out. But i'll still be close by to visit you guys :D

7 owners and counting

Osprey78
05-06-13, 23:35
Just got my letter of notice from lawyer today. The letter says can only make appt after 12th June. No way to expedite seems the lawyer say. Must wait for bank to release funds then I can make appt. gg down to office on thurs to hand the cheques over. Hope they can get it done soon as ill be overseas from 12th! ZzZzzzZz

graveyard
06-06-13, 00:31
Hee, to expedite, kindly heed Xarain's advice.. use cashier order - that's a debit account. Cheque, depending on what time your lawyer submits to the developer may need overnight or equivalent to additional day to be cleared. Then call developer and tell them you have cashier order in place and secure a time slot. On day of bank loan release, call the developer again and confirm the time slot. This is the fastest way in my opinion. .

Nikhil N D
06-06-13, 10:33
I plan to rent mine out. But i'll still be close by to visit you guys :D

7 owners and counting

a bbq looks good

lwklibran
06-06-13, 10:45
a bbq looks good

Hi guys, thanks for all the info so far. I am a new newbie here.

Ijust got my keys yesterday too!

Xarian is right.. many units, esp the high level one still not ready yet. Many trucks and cars are parked outside the guardhouse, kind of chaotic outside.

But true, the deco and the ambience looks good. But the cloud 9 function room is a BIG let down. It is so small and does not provide the panoronic view as illustrated in their brochure at all.

Xarain
06-06-13, 11:04
Hi guys, thanks for all the info so far. I am a new newbie here.

Ijust got my keys yesterday too!

Xarian is right.. many units, esp the high level one still not ready yet. Many trucks and cars are parked outside the guardhouse, kind of chaotic outside.

But true, the deco and the ambience looks good. But the cloud 9 function room is a BIG let down. It is so small and does not provide the panoronic view as illustrated in their brochure at all.

Welcome aboard! 8 owners now :cheers4:

chincm
06-06-13, 22:03
Welcome aboard! 8 owners now :cheers4:

Can anyone comment on the MRT noise for the south-facing units?

Xarain
07-06-13, 08:02

Was ok for me from 22nd floor depends how sensitive you are to noises

Graveyard - your inbox is full hence can't reply your PM

gyyy
07-06-13, 10:07

I find it quite ok & I am on the 10th floor. I used to stay a long time ago in old block 77 across the road (7th floor). Initially, can hear the train but soon got used to it & hardly notice it after awhile.

Reported on radio that government building 20km of noise barrier along train tracks so maybe Redhill will be one of them. :D

chincm
07-06-13, 10:46
Was ok for me from 22nd floor depends how sensitive you are to noises

Graveyard - your inbox is full hence can't reply your PM

Xarain, I thot your unit is north-facing? Agents told me not to buy south facing unit bcos of mrt noise, even if unit is on high floor.

Proplace
07-06-13, 11:24
Hi, can I ask what you think of the noise from Alexandra road? Is it bad or manageable?

Xarain
07-06-13, 11:36
Xarain, I thot your unit is north-facing? Agents told me not to buy south facing unit bcos of mrt noise, even if unit is on high floor.

22nd floor is the gym which faces both North and South :D But yes the noise tends to travel upwards.

Xarain
07-06-13, 11:39
Hi, can I ask what you think of the noise from Alexandra road? Is it bad or manageable?

I think its ok (for me) until those Lambos or Ferraris show up.

proud owner
07-06-13, 12:30
I think its ok (for me) until those Lambos or Ferraris show up.

ascentia and metropolitan share the same small dead end road right ?

I hate that ... one always have to be coming from town direction to go home..

coming from Holland direction will always have to do U turn somewhere

Xarain
07-06-13, 12:33
ascentia and metropolitan share the same small dead end road right ?

I hate that ... one always have to be coming from town direction to go home..

coming from Holland direction will always have to do U turn somewhere

Thats correct. The road is made narrower with contractors and agents parking alongside. :beats-me-man:

Osprey78
07-06-13, 12:43
With echelon coming up they might open up another road past the dead end. But that being said the traffic is still quite silly to get into the Alexandra view road. Not to mention the bloody u turn is quite far down the road!! zzZzzz

Nikhil N D
07-06-13, 13:16
Thats correct. The road is made narrower with contractors and agents parking alongside. :beats-me-man:

spoke to Wing Tai today about the agents and apparently they have been advised not to poach or otherwise. If any harrassment, Wing Tai said to tell them and they will get back to the MA and tighten.

Today i went in no issues too. There was a Jag before me who did however....guess the guards now recognise 'owners'

Nikhil N D
07-06-13, 13:17

exactly....like F1 circuit to negotiate those cars

Khng8
07-06-13, 13:40
With echelon coming up they might open up another road past the dead end. But that being said the traffic is still quite silly to get into the Alexandra view road. Not to mention the bloody u turn is quite far down the road!! zzZzzz
Alexandra View is a U shaped road and it will be made a through road when Echelon and the next plot is constructed.
You can see from the URA Master Plan 2008.

lot286
07-06-13, 14:00
can't wait to see what kind of design for the plot near the MRT station and opposite Asky. plot is not even square and so close to the train...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

lot286
07-06-13, 14:02
Considering ASky + Echelon + metropolitan + residential plot next to MRT..we will have close to 1500-2000 apartments. Government should consider a shopping plaza a.k.a the next tiong bahru...but no.....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

gyyy
07-06-13, 14:22
Did a first round defect check. As Xarain had noted, mostly minor. Detected 5 hollows in MBR timber strips. Will still need to check the other rooms. Still not too bad considering I had more than 30+ hollows in my current place in 1 room. :scared-5:

Xarain
07-06-13, 14:33
Did a first round defect check. As Xarain had noted, mostly minor. Detected 5 hollows in MBR timber strips. Will still need to check the other rooms. Still not too bad considering I had more than 30+ hollows in my current place in 1 room. :scared-5:

I also reported a "hollow" feel on the mbr floor which Wing Tai said it will take time for the wood to settle in.

In your case - are they going to fix it? Because the work involved would be quite major (i.e need to strip the floor and replace the base plywood.)

Osprey78
07-06-13, 14:35
Yeah quit sad the land beside mrt is for residential. A mall would be nice to serve redhill residents ...

gyyy
07-06-13, 15:05
I also reported a "hollow" feel on the mbr floor which Wing Tai said it will take time for the wood to settle in.

In your case - are they going to fix it? Because the work involved would be quite major (i.e need to strip the floor and replace the base plywood.)

I don't know yet as I have not submitted the list. I still need to do the water tests for the wet areas.

For parquet flooring, a hole can be drilled where there's a hollow & adhesive is pumped in. Then the hole is plugged & sanded and revarnished.

Not sure if this also applies to timber strips.

Xarain
07-06-13, 15:08
Yeah quit sad the land beside mrt is for residential. A mall would be nice to serve redhill residents ...

For now we have to make do with the 10 shops in redhill MRT :p (barber,dentist,7-11,pc repair,f&b etc...)

lot286
07-06-13, 17:14
If you look closely at the layout of the land next to the MRT, it's really odd shaped. One would think that the stack closer to the Met , facing sentosa will probably have an unblocked view because the architect for the plot will most likely designate that place as the tennis/swimming room area, while concentrating the buildup for units closer to the Echelon side

Unless of course, he woiuld want to make the entire condo curve shaped (compared to ASKY and Echelon which are horizontal flat shape) to maximize the units. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anyone know when the tender will be out or has been out for that land?

1500 apartments in a small block..and just the teeny area of redhill MRT shops...the barbers there will have their hands full...

Osprey78
07-06-13, 17:14
ZzZzzzZzzzzzzzzzZzzz

Osprey78
07-06-13, 17:15
There is a sign plonked on the field saying URA land parcel for sale 'residential'

gyyy
07-06-13, 23:27
There is a sign plonked on the field saying URA land parcel for sale 'residential'

Means no developer biting yet. Mkt a bit soft. Maybe awhile before the land is sold! :doh:

graveyard
08-06-13, 09:41
Received my keys yesterday. Took some time to admire the view, simply priceless! !
Furnishings are superb and of certain standards.

Ps. There are planter areas at the bedrooms, measuring 1 feet by 7 feet but 3 feet deep - impossible to put plants. Let me know of ideas for that.

Ringo33
08-06-13, 11:05
any photos?

Khng8
08-06-13, 11:14
How about using it as storage?
I am not sure abt accessibility though - is it same levels floor or window level? A picture would help

Osprey78
08-06-13, 12:20
Hey Graveyard: is it really that small for the 2 bedder?:p. yours north facing?

graveyard
08-06-13, 12:59
The planter area starts from floor area but accessible only from window level. Not too sure how to post the pics..

Yes, osprey. Very small. The bay windows measure 53-56 cm by 300cm, and the walking area of the rooms are 203-220cm by 300cm.

AAAP
08-06-13, 13:51
Received my keys yesterday. Took some time to admire the view, simply priceless! !
Furnishings are superb and of certain standards.

Ps. There are planter areas at the bedrooms, measuring 1 feet by 7 feet but 3 feet deep - impossible to put plants. Let me know of ideas for that.

Small flowering plants could be planted. A visit to a garden nursery is in order followed by some research on botany....:)

Osprey78
08-06-13, 15:11
Oh bummer small ZzzZzzz

graveyard
08-06-13, 15:32
The electric bbq area is not sheltered. . Will we get electric shock when we bbq and it rains?

Osprey78
08-06-13, 16:31
The planter area outside the house is such a wasteeeee of space man. Bummer.
Btw, are we allowed to install those Woden blinds outside the balcony?

Xarain
08-06-13, 18:42
The electric bbq area is not sheltered. . Will we get electric shock when we bbq and it rains?

Do you mean gas?

Xarain
08-06-13, 20:36
The planter area outside the house is such a wasteeeee of space man. Bummer.
Btw, are we allowed to install those Woden blinds outside the balcony?

1. You can do wooden decking to maximize the space.
2. Don't think can, only the cloth type is allowed - do check with the MA on your key collection day.

graveyard
08-06-13, 21:03
Do you mean gas?

Yes, bimbotic question but is it dangerous? Other condos have shelters particularly for non-charcoal bbq areas.

Osprey78
09-06-13, 00:38
Yeah balcony planter we can deck out. But the ones at the rooms is a major bummer since the planters are just outside the windows!zZzz

So Graveyard you planning to start work at your place n move in?

AAAP
09-06-13, 07:31
1. You can do wooden decking to maximize the space.
2. Don't think can, only the cloth type is allowed - do check with the MA on your key collection day.

The thin cane straw ones could do, I suppose. But better to confirm with MA before committing.

Xarain
09-06-13, 19:44
BBQ under the stars unless CAT1.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s542/xarain/sky-01june/19076B7B-506D-4C78-B02C-750A1B45124F-3593-0000038152829610_zps7cb16c16.jpg

AAAP
11-06-13, 11:40
Collecting keys on Monday.

Osprey78
12-06-13, 14:27
Congrats! Next one on the block.

leesg123
12-06-13, 17:10
At night is so beautiful. If only it is a Freehold, it will be perfect!

graveyard
12-06-13, 20:14
Yeah balcony planter we can deck out. But the ones at the rooms is a major bummer since the planters are just outside the windows!zZzz

So Graveyard you planning to start work at your place n move in?

Yes, doing simple reno and moving in ...

Agree with leesg123, view is priceless! Will you facing north too?

Regulators
12-06-13, 21:05
Remember years back when everyone in this forum was saying ascentia sky launch price of $1200psf was expensive n ridiculous, it suddenly seems so cheap lol

gyyy
12-06-13, 22:12
Remember years back when everyone in this forum was saying ascentia sky launch price of $1200psf was expensive n ridiculous, it suddenly seems so cheap lol

Even Jurong is now $1650 psf :doh: ASky just 5 mins from Orchard Road :cheers1:

Osprey78
13-06-13, 07:49
Just not sustainable if u ask me. Interest rates are gg to climb and when that does many gonna get burned .

leesg123
13-06-13, 07:58
when prices are at $2m above,, there are plenty of choices in the mkt.

Osprey78
13-06-13, 08:44
Seems like singapore have lotsa millionaires!

lionhill
13-06-13, 08:55
Seems like singapore have lotsa millionaires!
It is truth, not seems only.

gyyy
13-06-13, 12:10
Just did defects inspection. Update for Xarain - developer say hollow floor strips can be "injected". :cool:

Told by someone that most defects are in the sliding doors & windows. Make sure you open & close(lock/unlock) all your doors & windows (both halves) to ensure proper working order. My balcony door won't lock. :doh:

Nikhil N D
13-06-13, 18:59
yup....spent whole day at the place.....minor defects oni...all mostly small small stuff

Osprey78
15-06-13, 16:31
Just curious who do you guys engage for defects check?

lot286
15-06-13, 22:59
the MRT noise is killing me. I am facing South and high floor!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

azeoprop
15-06-13, 23:07
the MRT noise is killing me. I am facing South and high floor!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Don't worry, you will not notice it after staying there for a few months. :D

lot286
15-06-13, 23:13
umm.. are you guys gonna use the outdoor blinds as recommended by mangaement? i mean it's even thinner than my indoor curtains!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

lot286
15-06-13, 23:17
hmm they even say my blinds cannot exceed the planter on the balcony. i mean. -> :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Osprey78
15-06-13, 23:22
Am definitely using outdoor blinds as will be moving dining to balcony :p

lot286
16-06-13, 08:47
Osprey, are you going to put the same type of blinds recommended by management?

Osprey78
16-06-13, 12:58
I have not have the time to go see the Management sample so will make a trip on tues/wed to check them out.

AAAP
17-06-13, 18:21
Ok, Keys collected today. Spent almost the whole day in AS. First impressions.

1. Still plenty of work remaining for many units as well as common areas. Place is noisy as hell with all the hacking.
2. My unit itself - all bedroom parquet flooring appeared uneven and hollow at many places. Wing Tai Cust service staff themselves pointed out to me that parquet got to be redone.
3. Some water ponding in Master Bathroom. Otherwise no defects.
4. The common areas are ok. Was very hazy today, so could not get in the view.

More later.

Osprey78
17-06-13, 21:20
Was there today as well. It was HAZY as hell man. Bad time to collect keys at this time of the year. Does great injustice to the view.

Some pointers on my side:
1) Check the joints at the false ceilings. I have many crack lines appearing at the edges where the false ceilings end.

2) Timber strip flooring : check for gaps and scratches

3) sliding doors able to lock

4) Windows are a big bug bear. Check if can lock. And most importantly , the stopper long the sliding (bottom) should be working and sit into the catch fine. 4 of my windows including Master bedroom has the 'PRESS' catch BROKEN. You can see the metal broken off cleanly and the window can open FULLY without depressing the 'PRESS' button on the sliding edge.

5) Stains along tiles

6) They are using Schneider electric switches...impressive. But some of them after pressing to "ON" the 'red indicating' window doesn't appear, however some do. Not sure if it's supposed to be like this. It's a mechanical red indication so i think it should be shown regardless if something is connected. Go press all your switches and you know what i mean.

That's all i have to share. I must say i'm pretty disappointed with the gym (VERY SMALL) and the so-called relaxation lofts are so tiny ....hmmm..how to provide for entire blocks?

Xarain
17-06-13, 22:30
Submitted my second round of defects today ...

1) finishing from the "frosted" glass is very patchy
2) Ponding on my toilet floors
3) Was testing my fridge by opening/closing and the whole door came out ....
4) new cracks appearing on the walls and aircon ducts

Looks like they will be even more busy.

Funny how they decided to use parquet floor for the gym .. Couple of months time it will be scratched and dented :doh:

lot286
17-06-13, 22:40
the land opposite asky and next to MRT station just closed for tender..
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Khng8
17-06-13, 23:10
the land opposite asky and next to MRT station just closed for tender..
U sure or not?
Still under reserve list right?

Osprey78
17-06-13, 23:28
Wow xarain 2nd round? They allowed your contractors to do Reno and submit defects again arh?

If they launch another project. Our place is gg to be REAL congested. Imagine red hill mrt serving so many residents?! They should do a mall at least IMO

lot286
17-06-13, 23:53
yes someone told me the signboard on the land itself says 'TENDER CLOSED' ...and some chap @ Echelon told me he estimate 1000+ units to go on as the site is bigger than ASKY and ECHELON itself.

dont forget Alex view Parcel B was also sold recently to Singhomes (right of Echelon) and below that itself, is still a piece of reserved land not sold.

So let's see, if all parcels are built on = ASKY (400) + ECHELON (550) + Land parcel A MRT side (1000) + SINGLAND (300 estimate) + empty land (say 300) = 2600 apartments??:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

lot286
17-06-13, 23:55
http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=612

fiat500
18-06-13, 01:16
http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=612
Ooooh...please! Not johor again!

AAAP
18-06-13, 08:14
Was there today as well. It was HAZY as hell man. Bad time to collect keys at this time of the year. Does great injustice to the view.

Some pointers on my side:
1) Check the joints at the false ceilings. I have many crack lines appearing at the edges where the false ceilings end.

2) Timber strip flooring : check for gaps and scratches

3) sliding doors able to lock

4) Windows are a big bug bear. Check if can lock. And most importantly , the stopper long the sliding (bottom) should be working and sit into the catch fine. 4 of my windows including Master bedroom has the 'PRESS' catch BROKEN. You can see the metal broken off cleanly and the window can open FULLY without depressing the 'PRESS' button on the sliding edge.

5) Stains along tiles

6) They are using Schneider electric switches...impressive. But some of them after pressing to "ON" the 'red indicating' window doesn't appear, however some do. Not sure if it's supposed to be like this. It's a mechanical red indication so i think it should be shown regardless if something is connected. Go press all your switches and you know what i mean.

That's all i have to share. I must say i'm pretty disappointed with the gym (VERY SMALL) and the so-called relaxation lofts are so tiny ....hmmm..how to provide for entire blocks?

Must say I quite agree with you on the gym and relaxation lofts. They seem a letdown. I thought they had hammocks there too. Couldn't see them. The function room on level45 is also too small.

lionhill
18-06-13, 08:54
yes someone told me the signboard on the land itself says 'TENDER CLOSED' ...and some chap @ Echelon told me he estimate 1000+ units to go on as the site is bigger than ASKY and ECHELON itself.

dont forget Alex view Parcel B was also sold recently to Singhomes (right of Echelon) and below that itself, is still a piece of reserved land not sold.

So let's see, if all parcels are built on = ASKY (400) + ECHELON (550) + Land parcel A MRT side (1000) + SINGLAND (300 estimate) + empty land (say 300) = 2600 apartments??:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
haha, that's what I told the Echelon agent when he said that Dleedon is too big with more than 1700 units.

gyyy
18-06-13, 17:12
Must say I quite agree with you on the gym and relaxation lofts. They seem a letdown. I thought they had hammocks there too. Couldn't see them. The function room on level45 is also too small.

I saw two hammocks but these are not the conventional types but an artistic interpretation. It's from Royal Botania, a company that does luxury outdoor furniture. It looks like a rocking chair with a flat fabric on top instead of a chair.

limkh168
18-06-13, 20:45
Got my keys last Monday and first thing I found when entering the unit is.. a patch of very wet condensation on the floor right in the middle of the living room!!!! :confused:

Apparently it was caused by the unit below switching on the aircon 24 hours a day for the past few days, causing the floor to be cold, and thus condensation (the floor was cold to the touch)... should have not signed off the keys on the spot but was kan jeong so regretted on hindsight..

Am meeting project manager to bang table.. :simmering: i think they mentioned may need to hack floor to put in insulating material.. how can it be that below unit switch on a/c and get wet floor??

All owners may want to ask the unit below to switch on their aircon to test your own unit whether got same problem.. anyways electricity paid for by developer for one month i think...

Osprey78
19-06-13, 00:11
Guys can somebody please enlighten me the so called sky gardens are incomplete? The vanda tea garden, zen fitness, iquest, starlight reflection lofts are a joke. They essentially the same thing and its terribly small! They look all the same to me and I really wonder how can one of this garden house even a third of the apartments there. There is this floor which is supposed to have "interactive media" and games.Cannot find it anywhere. Oh, and did you see the playground? Think it is meant for 2-3 families tops. Overall, a big disappointment unless someone can tell me it's incomplete.

AAAP
19-06-13, 10:26
View from south facing units.

Xarain
19-06-13, 10:45
Guys can somebody please enlighten me the so called sky gardens are incomplete? The vanda tea garden, zen fitness, iquest, starlight reflection lofts are a joke. They essentially the same thing and its terribly small! They look all the same to me and I really wonder how can one of this garden house even a third of the apartments there. There is this floor which is supposed to have "interactive media" and games.Cannot find it anywhere. Oh, and did you see the playground? Think it is meant for 2-3 families tops. Overall, a big disappointment unless someone can tell me it's incomplete.

Glad you share my the same frustration as me.
I think its all completed except for the beanbags which are still in their plastic bags.

Osprey78
19-06-13, 11:21
So all the different gardens are that small n puny? ....and the SAME just with different fancy names ?

jinxminx99
19-06-13, 11:48
Do we have a Facebook account for the residents to share information?

chincm
19-06-13, 13:35
Glad you share my the same frustration as me.
I think its all completed except for the beanbags which are still in their plastic bags.

Looks like owners have been shortchanged on condo layout & facilities. Re-visited the Asky website & the ë-brochure painted nice-looking gardens, pool, gym, clubhouse. Visited the place & the clubhouse is indeed small, gym cramp, gardens spartan, pool too enclosed. Inside the unit, the balcony + plantar space take up too much area. Saw Echelon's showflat & brochure and it has much better condo layout & design.

Xarain
19-06-13, 15:37
Looks like owners have been shortchanged on condo layout & facilities. Re-visited the Asky website & the ë-brochure painted nice-looking gardens, pool, gym, clubhouse. Visited the place & the clubhouse is indeed small, gym cramp, gardens spartan, pool too enclosed. Inside the unit, the balcony + plantar space take up too much area. Saw Echelon's showflat & brochure and it has much better condo layout & design.

Guess the disappointment grows...

In my mind when I heard "Cosmo Snooker zone" I was thinking it would be an enclosed games room with snooker tables, video game area ... scarlee its just an outdoor pool table which isn't very practical overtime :tongue3:

Gourmet Kitchen - would be nice if they at least provided hot plates or a cooking area.(unless fire risk?)

Bar Counter - would be nice if they at least provided fridge or sink

graveyard
19-06-13, 18:40
Guess the disappointment grows...

In my mind when I heard "Cosmo Snooker zone" I was thinking it would be an enclosed games room with snooker tables, video game area ... scarlee its just an outdoor pool table which isn't very practical overtime :tongue3:

Gourmet Kitchen - would be nice if they at least provided hot plates or a cooking area.(unless fire risk?)

Bar Counter - would be nice if they at least provided fridge or sink

Lesson learnt.. Don't buy future homes from show flats and brochures...:tsk-tsk:

I was disappointed with how small the first floor/lobby level is.. The walkway is very narrow and pool is small, children's playground is small and the BBQ areas are small and not sheltered. The last point on BBQ area is totally unacceptable!

I spoke to the management office to feedback on the un-sheltered and un-lit BBQ areas on first floor. They told me they had feedback to the developer on the BBQ areas, but it would still be best if the owners feedback to developer.

Would suggest a consensus and pooled voice to feedback on things that are disappointing. If we wait till we set up management committee, I'm afraid it would be too late to ask developer to change and we would need to pay out of our pockets then!

Osprey78
19-06-13, 19:28
I hope it's incomplete. Like xarain said I tot there will be computer games etc. and one snooker table for 300+ units??

lot286
19-06-13, 20:32
I 100% support a management/resident committee to voice our complaints to Wing Tai. Especially need to be done as soon as possible before they vacate the place in one year.

BTW, i have confirmed thru my sources that WingTai was having big problems with the maincon during construction of the place (and hence the delay in TOP).
I have also heard rumours that many places were not done according to specs (parking places).

The public areas really need to be done up. This will affect the value of ASKY in the long run especially if Echelon comes up with a much better concept and building..

Anyone who wants to take lead in pursuing this, and setting up a club / unified voice. i am in.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

chincm
19-06-13, 22:22
Lesson learnt.. Don't buy future homes from show flats and brochures...:tsk-tsk:

I was disappointed with how small the first floor/lobby level is.. The walkway is very narrow and pool is small, children's playground is small and the BBQ areas are small and not sheltered. The last point on BBQ area is totally unacceptable!

I spoke to the management office to feedback on the un-sheltered and un-lit BBQ areas on first floor. They told me they had feedback to the developer on the BBQ areas, but it would still be best if the owners feedback to developer.

Would suggest a consensus and pooled voice to feedback on things that are disappointing. If we wait till we set up management committee, I'm afraid it would be too late to ask developer to change and we would need to pay out of our pockets then!

Was looking at the e-brochure again & it does not show the furnishings in the clubhouse, gym, open gdns,etc. Just comic sketches of what they may look like. So, it will be difficult to seek recourse from the developer. Compare this to Echelon's brochure which even show the actual layout of the clubhse ( cocktail lounge+gourmet kitchen+pte dining+reading rm), gym (type of equipment).

Moral of the story : look before you leap (esp for new condos)

Xarain
19-06-13, 22:27
We got enough owners in this forum to form a committee for the next AGM :D

lot286
19-06-13, 22:49
yes lets form a committee!

well, at least (most) of us bought ASKY 20% lower than Echelons opening price.
and our rooms are 'bigger'.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

There will be another new condo launch near the MRT soon...more competition :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

AAAP
20-06-13, 10:14
Just studied the detailed brochure again. It seems many areas are still to be completed. Astro Interactive - interactive media entertainment (missing) is clearly mentioned in the brochure. Starlight reflections - swinging hammock (missing?) is clearly stated in brochure. Rainbow play zone - exciting play equipment (missing) is clearly mentioned.

Folks, I think we have a case to take this up with WT.

Osprey78
20-06-13, 12:25
AAP , they do have the swinging hammock. The Atas royal botania thingy. Lie on it. It swings . It hammocks. There you have it.

Astro interactive floor I walk the entire floor. I don't see any room for any indoor gaming. Only RESIDENTS room. Unless of course they gonna do it outdoors !

Major disappointment was the gym. Ultra small. Like two bedders man.

Sigh

lot286
20-06-13, 12:26
Osprey for chairman of DARC = DISGRUNTLED ASKY RESIDENTS COMMITTEE..!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

smellyfish
20-06-13, 15:38
is it common for new condo owners to have so much grouse?!?

Osprey78
20-06-13, 16:02
No la. Just that waited so long for project completed then u see the result. Quite disheartening

amk
20-06-13, 19:59
BTW, i have confirmed thru my sources that WingTai was having big problems with the maincon during construction of the place (and hence the delay in TOP).

I thought Great Earth JV with WingTai to develop this and is main con himself ?

Osprey78
20-06-13, 21:56
Think it's wing tai joint venture with united engineers. great earth is the main con.

Does anyone share the same opinion as me the sample gate grill looks like a prison cell?:p
( and yes I fed back to MA)

I also told them the gardens look all the same and so many things not what is expected from the brochure. They say I'm the first one who say that! :scared-5:

Xarain
20-06-13, 22:16
oh even the window grills need to standardize? or just the door?
come to think about it the entrance is already very cramped....

gyyy
20-06-13, 22:27
Does anyone share the same opinion as me the sample gate grill looks like a prison cell?:p
( and yes I fed back to MA)

The so called standard grill looks terribly. I am definitely not going to follow their standard. Actually they have no power to stop anyone to use their own design for door grills. The condo by-laws only cover the facade.

Osprey78
20-06-13, 22:35
Window grill ill prob do invisible grill. But door maybe not. Their approved grill looks like prison gate. The grey colour doesn't help either haha

Osprey78
21-06-13, 11:53
Hi guys need some advice here. For the property tax form the claim date 'from' is put the date I move in or the date lawyer issue the letter?

I get two conflicting answers from lawyer ( says date letter was served ) and tax hotline says date I move in .( doesn't really make sense. Means I can move in near end of year without documentary proof and still get a pro rated amount? )

lot286
21-06-13, 12:21
Hi Osprey
where do you get the tax form? are you applying from the web now?
Pls educate

Osprey78
21-06-13, 12:23
the form was mailed to me by my solicitor. But I believe you can do it online.
Anyone can advise on the from date?

AAAP
21-06-13, 14:54
Hi guys need some advice here. For the property tax form the claim date 'from' is put the date I move in or the date lawyer issue the letter?

I get two conflicting answers from lawyer ( says date letter was served ) and tax hotline says date I move in .( doesn't really make sense. Means I can move in near end of year without documentary proof and still get a pro rated amount? )

If there are defects to be rectified, you cannot move in right? So in my view it should be wef the date all initial defects cleared and occupancy can begin.

Osprey78
21-06-13, 23:24
That's what I thought so too!

amk
22-06-13, 00:49
From the date u were issued notice of vacant possession. Nothing to do with move in.

.... and United Engineers owns Great Earth...

Osprey78
22-06-13, 10:20
Hmmm then the taxman told me the wrong thing? Cuz she told me the date I move in ZzzZ

AAAP
25-06-13, 13:49
Have your defects been rectified? How long does it take usually?

lot286
25-06-13, 20:45
Hi Osprey. i received the same form

"..notice of transfer served to Iras for your attention "..

and he's charging me 500 SGD for the service..!!

is this what is happening to all the bros here too? lawyer must do something after TOP ?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Xarain
25-06-13, 21:04
Anyone moved in yet?

@AAAP - Takes usually one month from the defect submission date

gyyy
25-06-13, 21:12

The normal payable date is from TOP date. However, if you can't rent it out OR, if you need to repair your property to make it fit for occupation, then you can apply for refund of unoccupied period.

Osprey78
25-06-13, 21:27
Called another tax office and she said to put the date I was served notice of occupation.

lot286: i'm mailing my form to IRAS direct, you mean u tasked your solicitor to do it?

All: Anyone knows If I can drill fixtures onto the balcony walls( not very obvious) , cuz i'm getting a wall mounted clothes hanger which can conceal after fold up. It is much more practical than the stupid hanger thing in the kitchen which u cannot even move the clothes out of the window.

Don't have the by-laws etc. with me now as i'm overseas, hope for some quick answer here ;)

lot286
25-06-13, 21:35
ok just to be sure, no one here is PAYING THEIR LAWYERS for advice on this property tax refund IRAS...

why am i getting charged i wonder?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

graveyard
25-06-13, 22:58
ok just to be sure, no one here is PAYING THEIR LAWYERS for advice on this property tax refund IRAS...

why am i getting charged i wonder?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My lawyer did it for me without additional charge. Received the IRAS letter, the date was dated the day I collected the keys..

lot286
26-06-13, 08:11
Spoke to IRAS / PRoperty tax.

1) No need to file online or fill up any application form for owner's concession tax rate (if you are living in it) - system has already updated it automatically.

2) System has even updated the date that we get our keys (relating to point 1).

Amazing efficiency of the Singapore Government at work!.

Essentially, we just need to wait for the tax bill at the beginning of the year and everything has already been calculated and adjusted for you

amk
26-06-13, 12:27
pty tax, it's simple:

pty tax starts applying from TOP date.
however from TOP date to the date developer sends u the notice to collect keys, developer is responsible for the pty tax of this period.
after notice collection date, you are responsible.

however you always pay all pty tax from TOP date. then you claim through your lawyer the tax for the period of TOP->notice collection date. developer will give you a check.

if you are doing this for rental, before it is rented out, you can claim vacancy refund until the date it is rented out. (means 0 tax). you still pay all tax 1st, then claim refund the day your tenancy starts.

however such vacancy refund will stop end of this yr. from 2014 onwards, no vacancy refund. Part of CM.

and of course, no lawyer should charge on this pty tax thingy. unless you are such a complicated case (BVI entity, foreign ownership etc)

lot286
26-06-13, 13:15
thanks AMK...
i love lawyers

Osprey78
26-06-13, 22:11
Thanks for clarification AMK!

AMK is a lawyer?

VAR
27-06-13, 09:31
We got enough owners in this forum to form a committee for the next AGM :D

Hi all,

Collected my keys on 15th June and submitted the defect lists on 21st June. Have done up the lighting. Chasing WingTai to have the defects done up fast so that I can do some simple renovating to move in before the chinese seventh month.

Yes, a bit disappointed with the Gym as feel that it is a bit small. The pool design is good but feel it is a bit narrow too. But I do like the splendid view from my house.

Xarain
27-06-13, 10:24
Hi all,

Collected my keys on 15th June and submitted the defect lists on 21st June. Have done up the lighting. Chasing WingTai to have the defects done up fast so that I can do some simple renovating to move in before the chinese seventh month.

Yes, a bit disappointed with the Gym as feel that it is a bit small. The pool design is good but feel it is a bit narrow too. But I do like the splendid view from my house.

Welcome VAR!

Need to get used to the space especially if you are moving from an old-school condo.

Do share with us your stack # if possible

lot286
27-06-13, 10:29
any one of you guys gonna do something on the balcony as a result of the noise coming from the Echelon construction site?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ecimbew
27-06-13, 11:11
22nd floor is the gym which faces both North and South :D But yes the noise tends to travel upwards.

Why does sound travel upwards rather than downwards?

Sound doesn't travel in a particular direction. It radiates in concentric, spherical waves. It will change its speed and direction when it hits obstacles. Some materials will dampen these waves, others will conduct it and make it travel. Also, deeper, lower sounds behave differently than high pitched ones. you'll find bass from music can travel miles!
You could consider insulating flooring and double glazing?

Or maybe this thing >> http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/white_noise/white_noise.htm

Noise S.T.O.P. Soundscreen™ White Noise Machine helps eliminate or greatly reduce the effects of unwanted distracting noise by creating the sound of white noise. This sound helps diminish surrounding noises. Sound masking is set one to three decibels above conversational speech, rendering discussions unintelligible to those outside the immediate area. The random sound produced is non-directional and harmoniously uniform, and the masking level can be adjusted to suit a variety of conditions and privacy requirements.

Or you can play this free clip 24/7... :)
http://simplynoise.com

chincm
27-06-13, 11:53
any one of you guys gonna do something on the balcony as a result of the noise coming from the Echelon construction site?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Echelon construction noise is temporary whereas MRT noise is going to be permanent feature. I would imagine mrt noise will be more pronounced at night because of less ambient sound. Although one may get use to it over time, the "wake-up" sound at 6 am will still be perceived. Anyone who has moved into south-facing unit has this experience?

VAR
27-06-13, 13:16
Echelon construction noise is temporary whereas MRT noise is going to be permanent feature. I would imagine mrt noise will be more pronounced at night because of less ambient sound. Although one may get use to it over time, the "wake-up" sound at 6 am will still be perceived. Anyone who has moved into south-facing unit has this experience?

I live south facing high floor. At my balcony, the MRT train noise is quite soft and when I close the living room window, the MRT noise is not heard.

chincm
27-06-13, 13:37
I live south facing high floor. At my balcony, the MRT train noise is quite soft and when I close the living room window, the MRT noise is not heard.

Thank you for your feedback. Maybe ASky is spared from the mrt noise bcos facing station direct, unlike Metropolitan. Also, ASky is further out. Wonder if Echelon will have the same experience. The advantage of staying on high flr is to enjoy the view + breeze. If have to close window to shut out the mrt noise, then not a wise choice to stay in mrt-facing units. Still, developers price such units lower.

VAR
27-06-13, 15:34
Thank you for your feedback. Maybe ASky is spared from the mrt noise bcos facing station direct, unlike Metropolitan. Also, ASky is further out. Wonder if Echelon will have the same experience. The advantage of staying on high flr is to enjoy the view + breeze. If have to close window to shut out the mrt noise, then not a wise choice to stay in mrt-facing units. Still, developers price such units lower.

Would you all be installing invisible grille for your balcony? I am thinking of doing invisible grille for safety to my balcony after decking as I find the railing quite low. But then, the invisible grille is not really "invisible" and so the view will somehow be affected.

lwklibran
27-06-13, 16:25
Would you all be installing invisible grille for your balcony? I am thinking of doing invisible grille for safety to my balcony after decking as I find the railing quite low. But then, the invisible grille is not really "invisible" and so the view will somehow be affected.

Are we allow to instal invisible grille? Or is there some specific grille that the developer specify?

May i also check if anyone of you have the problem of toilet doors cannot be locked when inside?

VAR
27-06-13, 16:52
Are we allow to instal invisible grille? Or is there some specific grille that the developer specify?

May i also check if anyone of you have the problem of toilet doors cannot be locked when inside?

Latest check (on 25th june) with management office is that we are allowed to install subjected to some design check.

Don't remember that the tiolet doors cannot be locked when inside, I will be going down tonight, let you know then.

ecimbew
27-06-13, 16:56
Are we allow to instal invisible grille?

When you are on very high floors, no one will notice... unless you have green eyes neighbours.

CJM
27-06-13, 20:37

Yes, there is a problem with the door of the common bathroom. It is more due to the alignment.

gyyy
27-06-13, 20:56

I have the same problem. Need to push the door to lock. Reported as a defect.

Also try to open & close your wardrobe doors especially the Master bedroom. If you hear a scrapping sound then you should report it as a defect because the doors are not properly aligned & scraping against each other. My ID pointed it out to me.

lot286
27-06-13, 20:56
ok. anyone got any ideas how to use the balcony when Echelon construction + reserve land (next to MRT) also starts construction..?

Ear muffs?

lwklibran
27-06-13, 23:54
I have the same problem. Need to push the door to lock. Reported as a defect.

Also try to open & close your wardrobe doors especially the Master bedroom. If you hear a scrapping sound then you should report it as a defect because the doors are not properly aligned & scraping against each other. My ID pointed it out to me.

Thank you guys for the advice and confirmation. I am meeting them for the defect inspection tomorrow. Will be reporting the doors as defect and also notice that the timber stripes got many chips and even marble tiles got crack on some areas.

Wonder how long they will take to rectify all these defects.:doh:

VAR
28-06-13, 08:10
Thank you guys for the advice and confirmation. I am meeting them for the defect inspection tomorrow. Will be reporting the doors as defect and also notice that the timber stripes got many chips and even marble tiles got crack on some areas.

Wonder how long they will take to rectify all these defects.:doh:

Mine the master bedroom tiolet door has no problem. But remember to check underneath the wash hand basin as for mine there is a chip below. Also, remember to note down the stain in the master bedroom tiolet as they cannot be washed off.

VAR
28-06-13, 10:48
Ha, then I got "conned" because when I got it 4 years ago, the north and south facing unit work out to be roughly the same price.

chincm
28-06-13, 12:36
Ha, then I got "conned" because when I got it 4 years ago, the north and south facing unit work out to be roughly the same price.

Echelon selling South-facing units at lower price than North-facing. North view nicer bcos open view but south view can see Sentosa. Generally, most condo units built near MRT priced cheaper if facing mrt rail. eg. Urban Vista

ecimbew
28-06-13, 13:14
The good news is when the plot of land in front of ASky and next to the station is built. ASky residents will not hear much from the mrt.

South facing is disadvantaged because that piece of land has not been sold. Uncertain over new building height. Will it block their Sentosa view? These are fear factors.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/AlexandraRd/Launch/tenderdocs/AlexandraRd-LP_CP.pdf

graveyard
28-06-13, 14:31
Spending the morning at Asky tomorrow. Let me know if available to meet up to share reno ideas, the pride and complaints!

lot286
28-06-13, 15:14
i just heard that to install outside roller blinds in the balcony, need management approval???:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: you gotta be kidding me

Ringo33
28-06-13, 15:55
The good news is when the plot of land in front of ASky and next to the station is built. ASky residents will not hear much from the mrt.

South facing is disadvantaged because that piece of land has not been sold. Uncertain over new building height. Will it block their Sentosa view? These are fear factors.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/AlexandraRd/Launch/tenderdocs/AlexandraRd-LP_CP.pdf

dont need to guess, the site is already on reserves list. 4.9 plot ration, should be same height

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-37a1.html

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-37a1rl2.pdf

Xarain
28-06-13, 20:18
any owners planning to rent their units? Hows the response so far?

graveyard
29-06-13, 13:08
Just did the first joint inspection check with the developer and contractor today after developer claimed that they had rectify all my defaults. Truly disappointed. They didn't rectify most things on the list. They just tried to brush the issues aside. The most unacceptable was the main door. My main door closes extremely slowly. I asked the contractor to loosen the screws and he asked me to sign the indemnity form that if the door frame spoils, they are not liable! I am truly disappointed by their bad attitude! Did anyone sign the indemnity form??? Ridiculous!

Mo gu
29-06-13, 14:15
Just did the first joint inspection check with the developer and contractor today after developer claimed that they had rectify all my defaults. Truly disappointed. They didn't rectify most things on the list. They just tried to brush the issues aside. The most unacceptable was the main door. My main door closes extremely slowly. I asked the contractor to loosen the screws and he asked me to sign the indemnity form that if the door frame spoils, they are not liable! I am truly disappointed by their bad attitude! Did anyone sign the indemnity form??? Ridiculous!

Hi can ask u. If when I get new flat and asking the developer to rectified the deflects . And con currently asking contractor to proceed with Id construction. Do u foresee any conflict ?

Osprey78
29-06-13, 15:59
At any one time only one contractor allowed. Either yours or developers. Quite disappointed with this project overall. Am thinking of selling it already. Gunning for 1.85 for my 2 bedder :p

Mo gu
29-06-13, 16:07
At any one time only one contractor allowed. Either yours or developers. Quite disappointed with this project overall. Am thinking of selling it already. Gunning for 1.85 for my 2 bedder :p

Hi so can ask I'd contractor to do his work first then ask developer contractor to come later? But should the deflects be highlighted to developer first before my I'd construction with photo records ? So they can rectified after my I'd work done

Xarain
29-06-13, 18:33
Hi so can ask I'd contractor to do his work first then ask developer contractor to come later? But should the deflects be highlighted to developer first before my I'd construction with photo records ? So they can rectified after my I'd work done

U should do a joint inspection and agree on the list of defects first before your own contractor comes in. However they may not entertain you if any 'new' defects appear.

Osprey78
29-06-13, 18:38
Personally I would wait for defects done then bring your own. No disputes. You also wouldn't want to do it up nicely only for the developers come in and dirty the whole renovated place again

danion
29-06-13, 22:26

Personally me experience is that it is rather difficult to detect the defects within a day or two of inspection; as we dont stay there. Besides some defects may appear later, for example, when the paintwork in ceiling tears off, or tap water leaks from pipes. These are only observed when we stay in the house. You can still call your ID contractor, and i believe, the defects liability is valid for a year. As long as you report these defects within the validity period, the developer has to rectify them. Check with your lawyer, think it is within legal binding. Hope it helps!

VAR
30-06-13, 09:22
any owners planning to rent their units? Hows the response so far?
I think judging from the number of handphone/SMS we received from property agents, the demand should be quite good. There is this call from a property agent saying that he is acting on behalf of Shell Company to find lodging for Shell employees.

Nikhil N D
30-06-13, 13:20
I think judging from the number of handphone/SMS we received from property agents, the demand should be quite good. There is this call from a property agent saying that he is acting on behalf of Shell Company to find lodging for Shell employees.

dun be fooled. they are looking for listing. they just say and want to list your unit. So if they say got jap, german, mexican, croation all bluff wan.....

state you price and leave it there...these agents really suck blood

bakasa2002
30-06-13, 17:59

For a moment, I really thought you are saying it is a 'shell company' literally ...:scared-4:

lwklibran
30-06-13, 21:18

That's not very professional. What did they brush aside? Do you mean the defect list which you submitted to them were left unattended to and yet they ask you for a joint inspection?

Hope you did not accept it. I was told about the indemnity form too but so far never sign any.

lot286
30-06-13, 21:32
i rushed for my own renovation and managed to persuade them that they could do those on the defect list after i am done with my renovation.

but since my work covered all the problem areas....looks like they dont have much to work on except for some scratches, door locks etc:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

VAR
01-07-13, 18:43
i just heard that to install outside roller blinds in the balcony, need management approval???:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: you gotta be kidding me
Think the blind is not even approved yet. Understanding is that management office will have a meeting with developer tomorrow(2nd July) to discuss whether blinds is allowed for the balcony.

VAR
01-07-13, 18:46
dun be fooled. they are looking for listing. they just say and want to list your unit. So if they say got jap, german, mexican, croation all bluff wan.....

state you price and leave it there...these agents really suck blood

Nikhil, what does it mean by these agents want to list our units?

lot286
01-07-13, 19:07
I have had it with Management...how can they not allow us to put blinds in our balcony?

i have a feeling the next 6 months they will say no to everything we ask for..so the only way is, to do it (and use the fabric they have approved).

graveyard
01-07-13, 23:28
That's not very professional. What did they brush aside? Do you mean the defect list which you submitted to them were left unattended to and yet they ask you for a joint inspection?

Hope you did not accept it. I was told about the indemnity form too but so far never sign any.

They said they attended to every item but seriously, the defects were still very obvious!! Rejected them. And developer told me needed another 3-4 weeks.. :doh:

lwklibran
01-07-13, 23:35
They said they attended to every item but seriously, the defects were still very obvious!! Rejected them. And developer told me needed another 3-4 weeks.. :doh:

That's bad response. I think as the owner, we have the right to seek legal recourse by claiming upon the developer by getting our own contractor to rectify the defects if they don't repair within 1 month?

anyone know about this?

Nikhil N D
02-07-13, 06:52
Nikhil, what does it mean by these agents want to list our units?

they just want to get a listing to advertise then try as they may to attract potential buyers or tenants. old market trick.

when i hear the call, and they say from this agent, i just hang up....fed up with them. market must be bad now

Mo gu
02-07-13, 16:01
U should do a joint inspection and agree on the list of defects first before your own contractor comes in. However they may not entertain you if any 'new' defects appear.

Hi a few more question

If hack wall .need pe to endorse and submit to mangement ?

Need to submit Reno plan to mangement for approval before I'd start ?

Xarain
02-07-13, 20:34
Hi a few more question

If hack wall .need pe to endorse and submit to mangement ?

Need to submit Reno plan to mangement for approval before I'd start ?

Yup need PE endorsement so you don't hack the wrong (structural) walls - PE can be sourced via your ID or you can try asking Wing Tai

For the MA side just need to inform them the type of reno you plan to do I guess.

Xarain
02-07-13, 20:39
That's bad response. I think as the owner, we have the right to seek legal recourse by claiming upon the developer by getting our own contractor to rectify the defects if they don't repair within 1 month?

anyone know about this?

Think they need to rectify by 1 month upon notice - failing which you need to give them a written intent and they have 14 more days ..... If still no reply then you can engage ur own contractor to clean up the mess :scared-5:

Mo gu
02-07-13, 20:56
Yup need PE endorsement so you don't hack the wrong (structural) walls - PE can be sourced via your ID or you can try asking Wing Tai

For the MA side just need to inform them the type of reno you plan to do I guess.

Hi thk. To all the advise from everyone

lwklibran
02-07-13, 23:46
Think they need to rectify by 1 month upon notice - failing which you need to give them a written intent and they have 14 more days ..... If still no reply then you can engage ur own contractor to clean up the mess :scared-5:

Thanks for the info sharing Xarain. How's your unit progress? I think you are the first among us to got the keys. Everything settled and moved in?

Xarain
03-07-13, 00:25
Thanks for the info sharing Xarain. How's your unit progress? I think you are the first among us to got the keys. Everything settled and moved in?

Nope - still waiting for them to settle my defects (round 2)

All the rush for nothing since rental market is rather quiet. Taking it easy for now :)

VAR
08-07-13, 10:11

All the rush for nothing since rental market is rather quiet. Taking it easy for now :)
I submitted my defect list 2 weeks ago and to date none of the defects have been done up, really very slow.

Khng8
08-07-13, 11:02

How's the rental market?
In terms of number of viewings & rental budget?
Any sharing is appreciated.

lot286
08-07-13, 14:59
Apparently those facing AWAY from ECHELON site is seeing heavy demand for rentals....(because of the piling noise)...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

chincm
08-07-13, 15:20
Apparently those facing AWAY from ECHELON site is seeing heavy demand for rentals....(because of the piling noise)...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is to be expected. Then when Echelon completed, those units facing East will have lower rental demand bcos of Singland project. Asky rental market slow bcos of too many units competing for rental ?? If so, looks like we have been deceived (i.e. conned) by Condo developers who predict & promise good rental returns despite new benchmark psf. These developers know how to capitalize on current high liquidity in S'pore.

lot286
08-07-13, 15:38
its incredible how the government just decided to PLONK 2000 apartments around alexandria view (ASKY+ECHELON+SINGLAND+land parcel A) all within 6 years. Can u imagine what this will do to the traffic around the area?:banghead: :banghead:

Xarain
08-07-13, 16:44
The defect work really very sloppy.
Had a crack across my wall they just patched it and now my wall looks like someone did Chinese calligraphy on it.
At this rate even obtain CSC still doing defects. sigh.

Owners on #01 / #02 are hit badly due to the bird's eye view of Echelon construction hence the hit rate for viewings are quite bad (4 in a month?)

lot286
08-07-13, 16:52
I am on 11 stack. was ambushed by two agents on the lift down where I heard them talking about clients wanting this stack as a result of Echelon noise.

I already gave up hope on defect rectification - gonna use my own contractor/renovator to own most of it.....most of my problems are with doors/scratches, etc.. havent tried the electrical stuff inside yet but will know end of August!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

smellyfish
08-07-13, 16:55
the noise will end eventually lah, and rental market for new projects needs some time to stabilize.

wirehtc
09-07-13, 09:03
I am on 11 stack. was ambushed by two agents on the lift down where I heard them talking about clients wanting this stack as a result of Echelon noise.

I already gave up hope on defect rectification - gonna use my own contractor/renovator to own most of it.....most of my problems are with doors/scratches, etc.. havent tried the electrical stuff inside yet but will know end of August!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Something is wrong with developers and contractors nowadays.

august
09-07-13, 11:06
Something is wrong with developers and contractors nowadays.

Agree. I have followed this thread and refrained from commenting. Wing Tai is not a developer of poor repute. But what I have read here so far do not instil confidence, and they are not the only one.

lot286
09-07-13, 11:14
as of couple of days ago, the number of units handed over is around 200.

i asked the sales office when was the expected completion of handover and they say end of August.

When asked why is it taking such a long time, they say those units are 'not completed' yet...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This has gotta be the longest TOP process ever in Singapore Condominium History.!

The good news is, at least WT is really pushing for a top notch completion, monitored by their QCs so that the maincon will finish what it's supposed to do..:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

maisonjai
09-07-13, 16:03
S'pore projects feature strongly in architecture award nominees
Jul 9, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

The World Architecture Festival 2013 to be held in October at Marina Bay Sands has unveiled its shortlist of 300 projects from 50 countries competing for the prestigious industry awards.

“From the subtle to the spectacular, from a four-room house to an 80-storey tower, the sheer quality and diversity reflected in the array of projects shortlisted today demonstrates the increasingly global nature of the event,” said Paul Finch, Programme Director of the WAF.

The awards will recognise the best developments across 29 individual categories ranging from residential, commercial, landscape and others.

Among this year's shortlisted projects are several from Singapore. In the Housing category, Ascentia Sky by P&T Consultants was nominated, while JKC2 by ONG&ONG and Namly House by CHANG Architects were mentioned in the Villa category.

For the House category, Arena House by Prow Architects as well as formwerkz architects' Courtyard House, Diamond House and Extended House were among the nominees.

In the Religion category, three churches by LAUD Architects – Bethel Assembly Of God Church, Singapore Bible House and Singapore Life Church – are among the nominees. The Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore by RSP Architects Planners & Engineers is also nominated under the Transport category, while PARKROYAL on Pickering was included in the Hotel list

lot286
09-07-13, 16:20
:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:
S'pore projects feature strongly in architecture award nominees
Jul 9, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

The World Architecture Festival 2013 to be held in October at Marina Bay Sands has unveiled its shortlist of 300 projects from 50 countries competing for the prestigious industry awards.

“From the subtle to the spectacular, from a four-room house to an 80-storey tower, the sheer quality and diversity reflected in the array of projects shortlisted today demonstrates the increasingly global nature of the event,” said Paul Finch, Programme Director of the WAF.

The awards will recognise the best developments across 29 individual categories ranging from residential, commercial, landscape and others.

Among this year's shortlisted projects are several from Singapore. In the Housing category, Ascentia Sky by P&T Consultants was nominated, while JKC2 by ONG&ONG and Namly House by CHANG Architects were mentioned in the Villa category.

For the House category, Arena House by Prow Architects as well as formwerkz architects' Courtyard House, Diamond House and Extended House were among the nominees.

In the Religion category, three churches by LAUD Architects – Bethel Assembly Of God Church, Singapore Bible House and Singapore Life Church – are among the nominees. The Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore by RSP Architects Planners & Engineers is also nominated under the Transport category, while PARKROYAL on Pickering was included in the Hotel list

AAAP
18-07-13, 21:50
I must share I have had very good experience with defect rectification. Cust service representatives were excellent and followed up my case with relevant contractors to get job done.

lot286
18-07-13, 21:51
anyone know if outdoor blinds have been approved yet by management?
do we even need to apply?

Osprey78
19-07-13, 07:06
Hey guys enjoy your units!:) I've decided it's too small (2 bedder) and largely disappointed with the facilities and have sold it. Buyer has exercised the option so just waiting for whole thing to go through.

lot286
19-07-13, 08:31
Osprey..Huat Ah!!

VAR
19-07-13, 10:15
anyone know if outdoor blinds have been approved yet by management?
do we even need to apply?
Not yet, the Management Office said should have a conclusion 2 days later. They told me should be likely be approved and they will provide sample of the blinds that can be installed.

lot286
19-07-13, 10:28
Not yet, the Management Office said should have a conclusion 2 days later. They told me should be likely be approved and they will provide sample of the blinds that can be installed.

excellent !!! thanks for the update!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

chincm
19-07-13, 10:45
Hey guys enjoy your units!:) I've decided it's too small (2 bedder) and largely disappointed with the facilities and have sold it. Buyer has exercised the option so just waiting for whole thing to go through.

Thot you would seen the showflat before buying your 2 bedder?? Lucky you not subject to ASSD.

lot286
19-07-13, 11:17
the works are getting better rapidly.
it is really not that bad.

only wish there is some sun on the swimming pool (it's perpetually shielded from morning and afternoon sun).. but the decor and works are moving high speed.

keys given out is already 230. End date for all keys handed over is end of August.

Blinds have been approved. they are drawing up a note to inform owners where to hang them apparently.

Osprey78
20-07-13, 03:34
Yeah, wasn't so much of the flat itself. More like the so called gardens which are a huge let down. They are basically the same only with different fanciful names. Didn't think it would be so small. Gym was wayyyyyyy small and a let down as well. Overall not exactly a place to raise a family in a 2 bedder and small small gardens heh

gyyy
25-07-13, 12:16
I needed some master bathroom compress marble tiles and some blue homogenous tiles for the common toilet due to renovations that i am doing. First WingTai Cust Svc gave name of the vendors. When I contacted the vendors, both say no stock because all given to developer.

Then when I approach WingTai Cust Svc, they say don't have any. My ID say I may have to change the entire master bath marble. Since Asky is still under defect period, it can't be that they don't have any spare tiles. I am real piss off with WT.:banghead:

Anyone have any suggestions on what I cameo to get my hands on the tiles?

Ringo33
25-07-13, 13:05
I needed some master bathroom compress marble tiles and some blue homogenous tiles for the common toilet due to renovations that i am doing. First WingTai Cust Svc gave name of the vendors. When I contacted the vendors, both say no stock because all given to developer.

Then when I approach WingTai Cust Svc, they say don't have any. My ID say I may have to change the entire master bath marble. Since Asky is still under defect period, it can't be that they don't have any spare tiles. I am real piss off with WT.:banghead:

Anyone have any suggestions on what I cameo to get my hands on the tiles?

approach Wingtai contractors, they will direct you to their source.

lot286
25-07-13, 13:42
approach Wingtai contractors, they will direct you to their source.

they look generic to me.
cannot be out of stock.

lwklibran
31-07-13, 12:43
Hi all, may i check if any AS owner has or plan to install invisible grills for the balcony?

Any idea is there any restrictions?

lot286
31-07-13, 15:43
There is always new restrictions lah for new condos, and pre MCST, management always say no.

You should see what the requirements they give for out side blinds (see attached)

i look at this, i also want to laugh...imagine if you already decked the place up and your blind if put like they ask, splits the deck into half...
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

lwklibran
31-07-13, 15:49
There is always new restrictions lah for new condos, and pre MCST, management always say no.

You should see what the requirements they give for out side blinds (see attached)

i look at this, i also want to laugh...imagine if you already decked the place up and your blind if put like they ask, splits the deck into half...
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yes, it will look so weird if the roller blind is to be placed in the middle.. may i know where did you get the notice from AS? How about invisible grille? Any sample?

lot286
31-07-13, 15:59
Management office have all this.

I am v sure they will deny invisible grille.

the thing with mgmt is, when you ask, they will most likely say no.

so do you wanna ask? or you just gonna do it?

lwklibran
31-07-13, 16:22
Management office have all this.

I am v sure they will deny invisible grille.

the thing with mgmt is, when you ask, they will most likely say no.

so do you wanna ask? or you just gonna do it?

for safety reasons, i will install.. but will run by them to get a clear understanding..

lot286
31-07-13, 16:23
please keep us posted!

i was over there today, more and more people moving in!

lwklibran
31-07-13, 16:25
please keep us posted!

i was over there today, more and more people moving in!

sure.. heard that handover has been close to 300 .. have you shifted in?

lot286
31-07-13, 16:26
end of month!...
very busy period now cuz everyone moving now to avoid august 5, start of ghost festival.

yeah... ASKY tgt to handover all keys by end of August too!

VAR
02-08-13, 00:00
for safety reasons, i will install.. but will run by them to get a clear understanding..
The management office is actually ok for the invisible grill but need to follow certain guidelines. Have no young children so I am still thinking whether to have it install as the view will not be so nice after that.

Gobal100
06-08-13, 00:00
Just rented out a unit #36 at $7500 per month for 2 years.

Looking for more units . Call me 96305577 to show you my tenancy agreement that I signed. Your trusted partner.

VAR
20-08-13, 14:55
end of month!...
very busy period now cuz everyone moving now to avoid august 5, start of ghost festival.

yeah... ASKY tgt to handover all keys by end of August too!
See some local shifting in during the 7th month, when I asked them, they told me there are also some good aspicious date in the month.

Xarain, lot286

Are your house renovation all done up? My defects lists are clearing(finally), hoping to move in by the 8th month of the lunar calender. Mine fibre internet all installed last week, but a bit wasted as not fully utilised, initially though my unit defects will be done up before the 7th month.

Xarain
24-08-13, 13:10
Bro VAR - yeah my place all done up just missing the Tenant :D

Cyberknight
25-08-13, 11:17
Bro VAR - yeah my place all done up just missing the Tenant :D

How much are you asking for and a lot of viewings?

lot286
25-08-13, 20:52
every unit on my block is taken up 2 bedders...

Gobal100
06-09-13, 13:34
Unit wanted. Just rented out another 3bedroom. Please call me if you keen to offload your unit fast.

Wilson leong
Powerful negotiators
+6596305577

DuaNehNehChioBu
16-02-14, 12:46
Any news on the plot which is next to the redhill mrt ? And is it going be the same height as ascentia sky ? :doh:

DuaNehNehChioBu
16-02-14, 13:01
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/AlexView/tenderdocs/AV-LPnCP.pdf

DuaNehNehChioBu
16-02-14, 13:14
My bad...This is the correct url :o

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/media-room/2013/dec/pr13-87rl2.ashx

ecimbew
16-02-14, 14:21
This one not commercial + residential. Wasted.

DuaNehNehChioBu
16-02-14, 17:02
This one not commercial + residential. Wasted.

agreed............ :)

Khng8
16-02-14, 17:49
Is there any chance that a developer appeal to change its use?
Given the location next to the MRT and residential catchment area, really wasted not to have a commercial element for this plot.

august
16-02-14, 18:00
Any news on the plot which is next to the redhill mrt ? And is it going be the same height as ascentia sky ? :doh:

yes it will be as high.

DuaNehNehChioBu
16-02-14, 20:40
Really hope not again residential site....At least mix with commercial. :beats-me-man:

Dragonfly
16-02-14, 21:37
The plot next to it is empty, maybe will be a commercial next time.

august
16-02-14, 21:53
All slated for residential, no need to hope.

Khng8
16-02-14, 22:07

It's still on the reserve list. So if nobody trigger it for a long time & a developer puts in proposal to change its use before bidding - can this work?

DuaNehNehChioBu
17-02-14, 01:49

I love to hope :rolleyes:

We never know what is the outcome later. :cool:

DuaNehNehChioBu
17-02-14, 01:51
It's still on the reserve list. So if nobody trigger it for a long time & a developer puts in proposal to change its use before bidding - can this work?

There is a slim chance for a miracle to appear.....:beats-me-man:

kailord
05-04-14, 08:52
Look-a-like but price so different...see already heart pain. :o

why such a gap in the price difference? age is only different by 2 years, and the units i viewed the MRT noise was more obvious on the ascentia side ...

kailord
05-04-14, 09:10
if this project can average at 1350psf for all units, i will lay my balls n stick on the chopping board

interesting comment.

if anyone has any to sell at 1351psf don't mind contact me ...

i'll pass on the balls n stick.

lot286
06-07-14, 20:24
hmm. so the piece of land opposite ASKY is now gonna be residential mixed (shops and condos)..

is this good or bad for price of existing units around that area?

:eek::eek::eek:

Xarain
07-10-14, 21:56
anyone going for the 1st AGM on the 18th of Oct?

VAR
13-10-14, 11:01

Yah, going there this Saturday.

VAR
18-10-14, 13:06

So Xarain you coming?

Xarain
19-10-14, 17:24
So Xarain you coming?

Nope am overseas. Are you the new Chairman ? :)

VAR
19-10-14, 21:36
Nope am overseas. Are you the new Chairman ? :)

No, did not volunteer.

VAR
01-03-15, 19:24
Thanks to Ascentia Sky Management Committee for organizing the lion dance plus the Lohei session! Huat Ah!