PDA

View Full Version : Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

proud owner
06-07-09, 23:30
:cheers1: Ha ha ha!

such tricks unfortunately always work ..

imagine
Aston by Kay Poh road ??
Sky@11 by Toa Payoh ???
Jardin by Sian Tuan road ?

i can go on and on ....

adding Ang moh name always works ... hahahah

condo101
07-07-09, 00:08
wat is the psf?

$1350 to $1500psf

For the pre-booking, the developer are giving upto *10% discount.

*T&C apply

Regulators
07-07-09, 00:19
And The Icon@Gopeng
such tricks unfortunately always work ..

imagine
Aston by Kay Poh road ??
Sky@11 by Toa Payoh ???
Jardin by Sian Tuan road ?

i can go on and on ....

adding Ang moh name always works ... hahahah

proud owner
07-07-09, 00:25
And The Icon@Gopeng

how about
The Sails by Lau Pa Sat ???
MBFC by LPS ?

classic ..

orange
07-07-09, 00:31
tanglin is not an ang moh name. it is as asian as gopeng and kay poh.

proud owner
07-07-09, 00:34
tanglin is not an ang moh name. it is as asian as gopeng and kay poh.

it is spelled the and pronounced the Ang Moh way ...

again why didnt the original namer use Tang Lin ? or Tan Leng ?

but it works right ?

if it had been Tan Leng .. i tell you ... it wont be what it is today

orange
07-07-09, 00:37
nathan rd could be more indian than ang mo. just my guess! nassim is middle eastern jewish origin.

orange
07-07-09, 00:48
haha so TPY=tony parker estate, kay poh rd=great pole rd, joo chiat=jules chalet, gopeng st=cole payne st. wah $psf sure triple wan.

orange
07-07-09, 00:51
knn s'poreans sibeh CMI. the brits left so long ago liao, now still suck the ang moh tua kee. hehe, pathetic but true.

bargain hunter
07-07-09, 00:56
like to suck so much, china rising, all change to chinese name lah.

knn s'poreans sibeh CMI. the brits left so long ago liao, now still suck the ang moh tua kee. hehe, pathetic but true.

orange
07-07-09, 01:02
malay name better lah.

Regulators
07-07-09, 01:27
ironically, we all speaking ang mo language now so ang mo quite tua ki sad to say....

orange
07-07-09, 01:35
we are sinkapo mah. jap in japan, chink in china, thai in thailand all speak and type their own language and got no ang mo tua kee hangups.

franzmark
07-07-09, 01:45
don't contradict yourself lah....if you think you are better than ang mo then stop speaking the english language (invented by ang mo) and migrate to China where you can speak ur dialects and pu tong hua every day. How does it feel to slap yourself in the cheek? LOL :doh: :doh:

we are sinkapo mah. jap in japan, chink in china, thai in thailand all speak and type their own language and got no ang mo tua kee hangups.

orange
07-07-09, 01:52
no choice leh, brought up in sinkieland so have to use english lor. it is deep in our psyche that we're inferior to ang mohs liao cos we're speaking their language and don't have one of our own.

proud owner
07-07-09, 01:54
don't contradict yourself lah....if you think you are better than ang mo then stop speaking the english language (invented by ang mo) and migrate to China where you can speak ur dialects and pu tong hua every day. How does it feel to slap yourself in the cheek? LOL :doh: :doh:

anyway it is true ... got ang mo name is better thats sad ..

Frankel and terok kurau which is percieved to be better ?

toh tuck and hillview ?

even those that sound or look like angmo name also like that ..

Bishan and Toa payoh

Holland and Ghim moh

you name it ...

Jalan Mat jambol and Springwood ...

Yew Siang road and Pepys Hill road

orange
07-07-09, 01:55
ok mar thorma rd shall change name to 100% ang moh name Mark Thomas rd. BH price sure shoot up 1000%.

proud owner
07-07-09, 02:10
ok mar thorma rd shall change name to 100% ang moh name Mark Thomas rd. BH price sure shoot up 1000%.

do you agree with me that it is sad but true ??

orange
07-07-09, 02:19
of cos I agree. we sinkies are LJ ppl. I am also like that. a LJ ppl. laughing stock of the world.

franzmark
07-07-09, 03:06
BTW you are the only LJ person around here, don't include others. I am proud of my heritage no matter how rojak our culture may be.....

of cos I agree. we sinkies are LJ ppl. I am also like that. a LJ ppl. laughing stock of the world.

vin002
07-07-09, 07:49
Based on your logic , they should go buy property in Vietnam , Indonesia . May be could buy a landed with football field or golf course as facility.

If base on your logic, then they can also buy from Thailand.

Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore. Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in Indo as per your saying?

In fact, the common buying trend that I have noticed are the Chinese and Jap which I am surprise. Few times, when I at the showroom, I frequently seen the deals closed are Chinese & Jap when they handed over the cheque.

august
07-07-09, 15:51

LJ ppl are those gave 66.6% of their vote to pap... luckily i'm not one of them ~ :o

爱屋及乌
07-07-09, 16:19
>>If base on your logic, then they can also buy from Thailand.
Sorry , this is your logic , I am simply refering to your idea.

>>Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore.
Then mind to share what are the REASONS...?

>>Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in >>Indo as per your saying?
Funny , u ask a question on your answer. One hand u were suggesting that foreign buyer go for affordablity , then u asked why...?

Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore. Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in Indo as per your saying?

In fact, the common buying trend that I have noticed are the Chinese and Jap which I am surprise. Few times, when I at the showroom, I frequently seen the deals closed are Chinese & Jap when they handed over the cheque.

cheerful
07-07-09, 16:42
actually for small lanes, thot those with malay name sound more atas leh ... e.g. jalan etc. etc.

But not Bukit something something lah :P

anyway it is true ... got ang mo name is better thats sad ..

Frankel and terok kurau which is percieved to be better ?

toh tuck and hillview ?

even those that sound or look like angmo name also like that ..

Bishan and Toa payoh

Holland and Ghim moh

you name it ...

Jalan Mat jambol and Springwood ...

Yew Siang road and Pepys Hill road

vin002
07-07-09, 16:49
What I am referring to is that if you are comparing cheap in developing country, Thailand is even cheaper.

I am comparing HK & Singapore for the purpose as both are Asian developed country and Singapore is cheaper.

If you are comparing Vietnam & Indo, the most obvious reason for buying property in Singapore is for education and Govt stability instead of cheap.

Of course there are other reasons but I only highlighted some for discussion.

Maybe another reason is that their bank account is in Singapore?

>>If base on your logic, then they can also buy from Thailand.
Sorry , this is your logic , I am simply refering to your idea.

>>Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore.
Then mind to share what are the REASONS...?

>>Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in >>Indo as per your saying?
Funny , u ask a question on your answer. One hand u were suggesting that foreign buyer go for affordablity , then u asked why...?

爱屋及乌
07-07-09, 22:18
Let compare OCBC and UOB share, both are big 4 local bank. It is not right to conclude tha OCBC is better since it is 50% cheaper compare to OUB price. Like wise , we cannot sure if UOB is more attractive because of its market capitalisation.

In this case P/E may be simple & quick comparasion. Hence , do u think SG property yield better than HK...?

What I am referring to is that if you are comparing cheap in developing country, Thailand is even cheaper.

I am comparing HK & Singapore for the purpose as both are Asian developed country and Singapore is cheaper.

If you are comparing Vietnam & Indo, the most obvious reason for buying property in Singapore is for education and Govt stability instead of cheap.

Of course there are other reasons but I only highlighted some for discussion.

Maybe another reason is that their bank account is in Singapore?

Regulators
08-07-09, 05:14
if PAP goes out of power, there will be pendimonium for the singapore economy and markets will start crashing.....We do not have a ready opposition to take over the country. i knew that even by casting an opposition vote, it won't make a difference, and true enuf, it didn't.....

LJ ppl are those gave 66.6% of their vote to pap... luckily i'm not one of them ~ :o

vin002
08-07-09, 09:05
Let compare OCBC and UOB share, both are big 4 local bank. It is not right to conclude tha OCBC is better since it is 50% cheaper compare to OUB price. Like wise , we cannot sure if UOB is more attractive because of its market capitalisation.

In this case P/E may be simple & quick comparasion. Hence , do u think SG property yield better than HK...?

So you are saying that we should compare rental yield for property between HK & Singapore?

I agree with your above statement. But unlike stock, property althought is just a shelter for many, it is also a from of luxury for some and they don't mind paying premium to stay as long as it is the location that they like or due to various reasons. Everyone only live once.

august
08-07-09, 10:36
if PAP goes out of power, there will be pendimonium for the singapore economy and markets will start crashing.....We do not have a ready opposition to take over the country. i knew that even by casting an opposition vote, it won't make a difference, and true enuf, it didn't.....

pap itself was no "ready opposition" when it 1st come to power
so dun believe in the media that is the pap mouthpiece

Regulators
08-07-09, 14:25
With the PAP, it is a love-hate relationship. We love them coz they help boost ur economy and turned Singapore into a first world nation. We hate them coz.......you know what so I don't have to elaborate...hehe

pap itself was no "ready opposition" when it 1st come to power
so dun believe in the media that is the pap mouthpiece

NoodyGirl
08-07-09, 15:41
with the intention of the govt to tax capital gains on 4 years time frame of disposal of properties...this one is badly timed
bad omen...buyers surely sangkut and remember for life :hell-hath-no-fury:

Honesty
08-07-09, 16:22
with the intention of the govt to tax capital gains on 4 years time frame of disposal of properties...this one is badly timed
bad omen...buyers surely sangkut and remember for life :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ya, very very bad indeed. I think most of buyer now worry what to do with their property they had just bought. BIG problem...paid so high, how to speculate???

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 16:27
very easy, sell those units that have profit this year.

as for those units in the red, sell from next year onwards.

Ya, very very bad indeed. I think most of buyer now worry what to do with their property they had just bought. BIG problem...paid so high, how to speculate???

Honesty
08-07-09, 16:30
very easy, sell those units that have profit this year.

as for those units in the red, sell from next year onwards.

Good idea!!!!

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 16:42
as for the recent buyers, good luck to them with the punctured sentiment...double whammy of stock market correction and physical ppty caution. ppty stocks lao sai looks like a sign of things to come. jikiat, if you are reading, can confirm that ppty stocks technically have broken an important support and now turning into bear trend? i am no technical analyst but from my basic chart reading, it appears so.

Good idea!!!!

jitkiat
08-07-09, 16:51
as for the recent buyers, good luck to them with the punctured sentiment...double whammy of stock market correction and physical ppty caution. ppty stocks lao sai looks like a sign of things to come. jikiat, if you are reading, can confirm that ppty stocks technically have broken an important support and now turning into bear trend? i am no technical analyst but from my basic chart reading, it appears so.

Not bear trend yet but surely is a bad sign ... if suddenly showroom nobody this weekend & One Amber starts panic selling then real panic button will be pressed next Monday

bargain hunter
08-07-09, 16:58
phew...caution...caution...be it buying physical ppty or ppty stocks.

Not bear trend yet but surely is a bad sign ... if suddenly showroom nobody this weekend & One Amber starts panic selling then real panic button will be pressed next Monday

vin002
08-07-09, 20:13

The opposite is also true.

proud owner
09-07-09, 22:43
what happen to Ascentia ? has it been launched ?

hows the response ?

bargain hunter
09-07-09, 22:59
i heard the preview is tomorrow but seems too quiet to be tomorrow. anyway i m not free to go down to take a look tomorrow, maybe next week will drop by to see. the last time i drove past (i think last fri) an agent signalled the showflat was not open yet as though i was a desperate buyer and he was giving me the "too bad, only i can go into the showflat" kind of look.

what happen to Ascentia ? has it been launched ?

hows the response ?

proud owner
09-07-09, 23:26
i heard the preview is tomorrow but seems too quiet to be tomorrow. anyway i m not free to go down to take a look tomorrow, maybe next week will drop by to see. the last time i drove past (i think last fri) an agent signalled the showflat was not open yet as though i was a desperate buyer and he was giving me the "too bad, only i can go into the showflat" kind of look.

ahhaha

before i left spore .. i drove to Balmeg ( scrapped my car already ) to take a look at the new showflat ... saw nothing ..but 2 ERA agents (poor thing) standing by the road ..at the foothill ...

franzmark
10-07-09, 02:04
i think the agents shud station at the entrance of haw par villa to scoop some people to the showflat.
ahhaha

before i left spore .. i drove to Balmeg ( scrapped my car already ) to take a look at the new showflat ... saw nothing ..but 2 ERA agents (poor thing) standing by the road ..at the foothill ...

proud owner
10-07-09, 10:42
i think the agents shud station at the entrance of haw par villa to scoop some people to the showflat.

considering the 2 thats on sale now or soon ..Parc Imperial and Peak@Balmeg .... Peak is definitely a better choice

vin002
10-07-09, 11:03
considering the 2 thats on sale now or soon ..Parc Imperial and Peak@Balmeg .... Peak is definitely a better choice

I agree that Peak is a better choice except for hill walk...

housewife
10-07-09, 11:11

do u see Chinese working in spore or those obvious foreigner cannot speak eng? really scared of those trader

pweesng
11-07-09, 05:49
Was at AS this evening for the so called "private preview".

Thay launch about 80 units, comprising of 2,3,4 bedrooms.

Price from 1100 (3 and 4 bedder) to 1250 (2 bedder).

The take up is average. Not bad, but not like Wharf Residences where it was almost sold out in a day.

The design... the 2 bedroom is okay. Not much space wastage. There is a big balcony, but i am the balcony kind of guy.

The 3 and 4 beedrooms are not great. Some of the bed rooms are so small, that the display bed had to be a single size! There are also a lot of funny small corridors which essentially waste a lot of GFA.

OH... the 4 bedder and above, all have private lift, for those who like them.

cheers

gfoo
11-07-09, 21:16
anyone has updates about how this place is doing?

Honesty
11-07-09, 22:35
anyone has updates about how this place is doing?

Other country sure no good with this economy, but singapore sure sold out

pweesng
12-07-09, 09:44
its no sold out yet.

When i was there again yesterday, the 80 luanch units, about 30 of them were taken up.

NoodyGirl
12-07-09, 10:40
response seems muted
a lot of kay poh viewing
but not much done

moneyspinner
12-07-09, 15:58
response seems muted
a lot of kay poh viewing
but not much done

Pricing is key. If price too steeply, low take up rate. I am sure if price between $800 to $900 psf sure sell like hot cakes!:tongue3:

Honesty
12-07-09, 18:38
Pricing is key. If price too steeply, low take up rate. I am sure if price between $800 to $900 psf sure sell like hot cakes!:tongue3:

$800 still high, I remember Metropolitan only selling at $700 psf last year. I will buy when it is low.

vin002
13-07-09, 08:23
$800 still high, I remember Metropolitan only selling at $700 psf last year. I will buy when it is low.

If you are refering to AS, happy waiting. You are just like those who are still waiting for RG to reach below $1000psf.

Allthepies
13-07-09, 08:56
If you are refering to AS, happy waiting. You are just like those who are still waiting for RG to reach below $1000psf.

it is not always bad to wait, no point buying when u feel the price is sky high.. :) why give the developer a good deal??

wklibran
13-07-09, 09:13
agree... i went to the so called VVIP preview too.. many people no doubt, but the take up rate of the units are very slow.

after viewing the showroom, really disappointed with the flooring and the huge balcony.. dont think it is worth more than $1000, even under current irrational buyer spree environment.

just my view.

bargain hunter
13-07-09, 09:38
according to DMG research:

~ 20 units were sold on Saturday, putting the total transacted units at 55, which
translate to a 50.5% take-up out of the 109 launched units (11 storeys only). More units were
launched on Sunday, with total transacted units YTD at 69. We hear this excludes some units
which Wing Tai could have sold to its business associates and/or directors. Most units sold were
2-bedders, reflecting that more buyers bought it for investment purposes. Buyers also preferred
the tower facing the Tanglin / Orchard Road as compared to the Sentosa view. Transacted prices
ranged from S$1,100 – 1,300 psf.

bargain hunter
13-07-09, 10:48
Perhaps this report from Merrill Lynch is more accurate, earlier one by DMG understated:

This weekend we visited the private preview of Sophia Residence a 272-unit
development in Mount Sophia by Guocoland and Ascentia Sky a 373-unit
development by Wing Tai in Alexandra. Pricing for Sophia Residences was set at
between S$1,400-1,800psf vs. new sales of nearby project Mount Sophia Suites
at S$1,200-1,300psf. Close to half of the units of the development were “compact
units” which were relatively well received and around 50 units were sold by
Sunday afternoon. Over at Ascentia Sky, pricing was set at S$1,300-1,500psf and
10% discount was offered to buyers during the preview period. Approximately 80
units were sold over the weekend.

vin002
13-07-09, 12:01
it is not always bad to wait, no point buying when u feel the price is sky high.. :) why give the developer a good deal??

Not impossible but when the price reach $800psf, it will also mean that the lease period is maybe around 75 years? It should be a good wait and by then, do you think it is still worth the wait?

There is no reason why the developer will sell at $800psf. The lowest that I conclude that the developer will sell is $1000psf. This is not some small developement where the developer will just sell cheaply to breakeven the cost in order to tide over the cash flow.

vin002
13-07-09, 12:07
agree... i went to the so called VVIP preview too.. many people no doubt, but the take up rate of the units are very slow.

after viewing the showroom, really disappointed with the flooring and the huge balcony.. dont think it is worth more than $1000, even under current irrational buyer spree environment.

just my view.

Care to share which "kuku" VVIP preview that you went that showed the poor take up rate? So far, those that I have been to yesterday, has been selling well! In fact, Parc Imperial almost sold out before I left & Wing Tai more than half of the launch units are sold.

proud owner
13-07-09, 12:08
Not impossible but when the price reach $800psf, it will also mean that the lease period is maybe around 75 years? It should be a good wait and by then, do you think it is still worth the wait?

There is no reason why the developer will sell at $800psf. The lowest that I conclude that the developer will sell is $1000psf. This is not some small developement where the developer will just sell cheaply to breakeven the cost in order to tide over the cash flow.

75 yrs left ? meaning its 25 year old ..
then good what ... buy at 800 psf ..then kana enbloc ...wow 'bee tang' leow

proud owner
13-07-09, 12:10
Care to share which "kuku" VVIP preview that you went that showed the poor take up rate? So far, those that I have been to yesterday, has been selling well! In fact, Parc Imperial almost sold out before I left & Wing Tai more than half of the launch units are sold.

good lah push push push ...then i can sell my property at a bigger profit ..

then wait for crash ..and buy back .. dream scenario

Property_Owner
13-07-09, 12:29
People always wonder why? against the odd of recession, salary can't match, US market worst to come, all the negative news clouding around us but yet property prices still goes up.

1) We all heard someone or yourself said at least once in your life.
''I should had bought this condo years back, now so good price''
''why i didn't buy HDB 5 room last time, sigh...if i had now i would....''

2) New launch selling well and almost sold. Like you will see a 100% sigh hanging few days or weeks after launch. People are still buying. Vista by FEO? Still got people paying crazy prices.

3) Maybe speculators or investors bought. Yup, could be. pay 20% and worry about the 80% later. Sure got fire sales. Agree, but how many %? Maybe 20% to 30% imho. Guess most will hold on. Bull or bear they can hold.

4) Singaporean that are rich still out there, you can say they are stupid to buy Ritz Calton Res at 3500psf, silversea 1600psf, AS 1400psf but the fact they still buy.

5) HDB can't lose money. I would say maybe 80% of them are making money. Even my ah mat his 2nd floor 3 room HDB he just sold weeks ago also make money, 50k for after 10 years of staying. And he's damn happy about that.

proud owner
13-07-09, 12:34
People always wonder why? against the odd of recession, salary can't match, US market worst to come, all the negative news clouding around us but yet property prices still goes up.

2) New launch selling well and almost sold. Like you will see a 100% sigh hanging few days or weeks after launch. People are still buying. Vista by FEO? Still got people paying crazy prices.

3) Maybe speculators or investors bought. Yup, could be. pay 20% and worry about the 80% later. Sure got fire sales. Agree, but how many %? Maybe 20% to 30% imho. Guess most will hold on. Bull or bear they can hold.

4) Singaporean that are rich still out there, you can say they are stupid to buy Ritz Calton Res at 3500psf, silversea 1600psf, AS 1400psf but the fact they still buy.

5) HDB can't lose money. I would say maybe 80% of them are making money. Even my ah mat his 2nd floor 3 room HDB he just sold weeks ago also make money, 50k for after 10 years of staying. And he's damn happy about that.

becos singapore still dont know what they can buy with their money ...quality of life etc ..

look at this :

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/08/greathomesanddestinations/08gh-what.html?ex=1262750400&en=ab34ed9a6b429835&ei=5087&WT.mc_id=RE-D-I-NYT-MOD-MOD-M105-ROS-0709-PH&WT.mc_ev=click

Allthepies
13-07-09, 12:41

It is very likely those who bought high can still make money 5/10 years down the road. However this is make on the assumption that Singapore on the whole will continue to progress rapidly and do well in the next 10/20/50 years to come. If not good luck to those who bought high...

wklibran
13-07-09, 13:37

the "kuku" VVIP preview that i went was invited by wingtai on friday evening. when i left around 8pm, only 3 3-bedroom unit sold. i hv not been to other "kuKu" preview as you mentioned in other launches.

anyway, compared to the earlier previe launch where take up rate is almost close to 100%, i still find that the AS preview launch not as steady lor.

vin002
13-07-09, 13:44
75 yrs left ? meaning its 25 year old ..
then good what ... buy at 800 psf ..then kana enbloc ...wow 'bee tang' leow

Wow, you sound like if a Condo left 75yrs it will kenna enbloc. Then, a lot of places will kenna enbloc.

Property_Owner
13-07-09, 13:51
becos singapore still dont know what they can buy with their money ...quality of life etc ..

look at this :

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/08/greathomesanddestinations/08gh-what.html?ex=1262750400&en=ab34ed9a6b429835&ei=5087&WT.mc_id=RE-D-I-NYT-MOD-MOD-M105-ROS-0709-PH&WT.mc_ev=click

Sometimes buying properties is a hobby or pass time for some of my friends.

I love big house too. Own 2 in NZ. 1 in north and one in south So nice to have Lord of the Ring Scenery!

vin002
13-07-09, 13:55
the "kuku" VVIP preview that i went was invited by wingtai on friday evening. when i left around 8pm, only 3 3-bedroom unit sold. i hv not been to other "kuKu" preview as you mentioned in other launches.

anyway, compared to the earlier previe launch where take up rate is almost close to 100%, i still find that the AS preview launch not as steady lor.

I agree that Wingtai launch is not as good as the rest who sold out within launches. But at that price, the units are still moving considered not bad. And with so many negative comments on AS, I am surprise that they can still sell 80 units over the weekend.

pweesng
13-07-09, 16:26
I agree that Wingtai launch is not as good as the rest who sold out within launches. But at that price, the units are still moving considered not bad. And with so many negative comments on AS, I am surprise that they can still sell 80 units over the weekend.

Honestly, if Wing Tai / UE is able to get rid of the 80 units, they would have broke even on the construction. They will not be pressured to sell the remaining units.

So it is really a struggle from now till then. Once it hit 30%, or 80 units, those who are waiting for prices to drop, will have to wait very long.

Given that it is a common knowledge that the joint consortium bidded on the high side for that site.

NoodyGirl
13-07-09, 19:34
bumped into my lawyer friend
said to me, although market looks hot, a lot of people trying to offload what they bought earlier, but seems success limited
who knows
in another 6 months the market will drop 20-30pct
and who's crying then

or what if in 5 years time gahmen decides to change the rules to 99 Y
then banks cant finance to the hilt?
what happens to your hard cash
GONE GONE
CRY CRY CRY

Property_Owner
13-07-09, 20:16
bumped into my lawyer friend
said to me, although market looks hot, a lot of people trying to offload what they bought earlier, but seems success limited
who knows
in another 6 months the market will drop 20-30pct
and who's crying then

or what if in 5 years time gahmen decides to change the rules to 99 Y
then banks cant finance to the hilt?
what happens to your hard cash
GONE GONE
CRY CRY CRY

dun have to wait that long la, just need a lawyer to hit and run your 4%

proud owner
13-07-09, 20:26
Wow, you sound like if a Condo left 75yrs it will kenna enbloc. Then, a lot of places will kenna enbloc.

chances are alot higher ... ever see enbloc for 5 yr old projects ?? never and not allowed to as well ...

the older it is .. the higher the chance ...unless govt wants to turn it to heritage site

jitkiat
13-07-09, 20:38

As long as our friend property_owner still holding to his 20/30 properties, we are pretty safe :D ... unfortunately I don't know when he & other big players are going to unload :scared-3:

HDB can't lose money becos in the long run government must make sure property to perform 2.5% per annum to match CPF OA return??

Honesty
13-07-09, 22:29

80 HEROES!!!!!!!

Very Brave!!!!!!!

Dare Devil!!!!!!!!

Buying now need a lot of courageous....knowing all the above situation.

I really wish them good luck, that the property market will shoot all the way to $1,600 to $1,800 psf. to let them make some money.

proud owner
13-07-09, 22:32
80 HEROES!!!!!!!

Very Brave!!!!!!!

Dare Devil!!!!!!!!

Buying now need a lot of courageous....knowing all the above situation.

I really wish them good luck, that the property market will shoot all the way to $1,600 to $1,800 psf. to let them make some money.

i havent the chance to read it ..

but did Mah Bow tan said some to the effect that spore property prices are cheap or sustainable or ...?

pretty daring for a minister to make such a statement if it is true ..

cos if prop collapses... can the public 'claim ' from the ministry ?? cos sporeans super 'believe' the govt ..

teddybear
13-07-09, 22:52
We just have to believe them because they have all the power to make it happen as they want.

but did Mah Bow tan said some to the effect that spore property prices are cheap or sustainable or ...?

cos if prop collapses... can the public 'claim ' from the ministry ?? cos sporeans super 'believe' the govt ..

Douk
13-07-09, 22:57
what do want to say ? :D

Douk
13-07-09, 23:04
Mah didnt say property price is cheap (He is not that blur yet.), he just said there is no excessive speculation that requires any action from govmnt. dont know whether he has got his fact right?? or maybe after some sweet talk from Quek LC during their meet up at tamp..:doh:

Douk
13-07-09, 23:07
As long as our friend property_owner still holding to his 20/30 properties, we are pretty safe :D ... unfortunately I don't know when he & other big players are going to unload :scared-3:

HDB can't lose money becos in the long run government must make sure property to perform 2.5% per annum to match CPF OA return??

hahahaha

you just wont miss out any chance to display your 3-legged self. :D

bargain hunter
13-07-09, 23:55
mah was referring to hdb prices. in summary:

"THE slight rebound in HDB resale flat prices indicates a stable, not a rising, market" said Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan

Mr Mah said: ‘Well, I don’t know whether you could use the word rising – it’s only one per cent. It was minus less than one per cent in the previous quarter, it’s now plus one per cent. I would say it is stable, I wouldn’t call it rising.’

As for private, in summary:

40,000 new private homes will enter the property market in the next three to four years, according to the National Development Minister, Mah Bow Tan.

When asked to comment on the current buying momentum in the private property market, Mr Mah said it is difficult to tell if such demand will hold up.

He said: “One is the sentiment – how people perceive the economy is going to be, what the world economy is going to be like, what Singapore’s world economy is going to be like?
“Number 2 is also depending on fundamentals. By that, I mean: what is the supply of private properties, what’s the take-up rate, what are the prices, what are the transacted prices.”
Mr Mah said the government will monitor both demand and supply and make adjustments as needed.
He also noted that the buying momentum was unlikely to be driven by speculators. “So far, I think anecdotally we don’t see any. But if there is, then we will take the appropriate action,” said Mr Mah.

In another article,

THE recent spike in private property sales is being monitored by the Government but there has been no sign of excessive speculation, said National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan yesterday.
Mr Mah said ’speculation is always part and parcel of any market’.
‘Whether there’s excessive speculation or not, that is something we have to look at and watch out for.
‘So far, anecdotally, we don’t see any. But if there is, we will take the appropriate action,’ added the minister

Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.
This gives buyers complete information, rather than to have reports of high prices alone, he said.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’

vin002
14-07-09, 10:13

He definitely didn't say it is cheap. But he does have the power to maintain, lower or up the prices. Imagine, no more new HDB launches till end of the year. Even under current launches are BTO. Meaning unless there is demand, they will build. Therefore, the prices are consider stable now as they don't build excessive hdb.

Property_Owner
14-07-09, 10:42
He definitely didn't say it is cheap. But he does have the power to maintain, lower or up the prices. Imagine, no more new HDB launches till end of the year. Even under current launches are BTO. Meaning unless there is demand, they will build. Therefore, the prices are consider stable now as they don't build excessive hdb.

They had learn the hard way years back. To a HDB heartlander, as long as he can afford the 20% down payment, 80% loan for 30 years, 40K for renovation and some hundreds to thrown a house warming party. Why must he be bother selling @ loss. He just wait and wait for years to come just 30K to 50K or more and he's a happy man.

Honesty
14-07-09, 23:22

""Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.
This gives buyers complete information, rather than to have reports of high prices alone, he said.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’""

HDB prices are stable....how about private property????? 40,000 units coming :scared-4::scared-4::scared-4::scared-4: how to digest:confused::confused::confused::confused:

jc
16-07-09, 16:24
""Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’""

HDB prices are stable....how about private property????? 40,000 units coming :scared-4::scared-4::scared-4::scared-4: how to digest:confused::confused::confused::confused:

40k units is over 5 yr period. No matter how much is the demand, i reckon there would be some supply lying around due to factors like they are beyond the reach of many. Imagine if the news read: Pte supply will be depleted to close to nil units in 1 to 2 yr time... " Then what do u think will happen to prices?

Regulators
16-07-09, 16:28
Anyone has updates on this project?

Bishan Kid
16-07-09, 16:56
40k units is over 5 yr period. No matter how much is the demand, i reckon there would be some supply lying around due to factors like they are beyond the reach of many. Imagine if the news read: Pte supply will be depleted to close to nil units in 1 to 2 yr time... " Then what do u think will happen to prices?

Chaos!! Panic !!

Mercedes has plenty of supply too.

wklibran
16-07-09, 21:38
Chaos!! Panic !!

Mercedes has plenty of supply too.

i suppose we cannot look at the supply in isolation... need to look at the demand as well.

further, the affordability for car and house is different.

AS preview this weekend again?

teddybear
16-07-09, 21:57
Yah, life span also different. Also must consider got value or not. If people got money, will sure spend on house first before cars mah. ;)

i suppose we cannot look at the supply in isolation... need to look at the demand as well.

Property_Owner
17-07-09, 09:09

Don't forget the import of humans from around the world to increase our population for next 5 years. Tons of PRC, Indians, Ang mo's
Hmmm, PRC most likely will go for HDB or D14. Indian will end up at Tanjong Rhu. Value of there 2 areas will increase. :)Ang mo's will be all over the places:doh:

Bishan Kid
17-07-09, 09:21

Yes , supply is one factor and demand is another.

Supply of homes have to be ample to meet expected/unexpected demand.

Demand depends on need/want and affordability.

Need : Shelter, location near to schools, parents ,workplace and price.
Want : Investment income, speculation, capital gain, hedge against inflation,future need for children and retirement.
Affordability :Income, savings.

These 3 factors will determine the market price of property.

A house can cost as little as $200,000 for a 3 room flat vs a Merc.

wklibran
17-07-09, 14:56
Yes , supply is one factor and demand is another.

Supply of homes have to be ample to meet expected/unexpected demand.

Demand depends on need/want and affordability.

Need : Shelter, location near to schools, parents ,workplace and price.
Want : Investment income, speculation, capital gain, hedge against inflation,future need for children and retirement.
Affordability :Income, savings.

These 3 factors will determine the market price of property.

A house can cost as little as $200,000 for a 3 room flat vs a Merc.

i think the government release on 40k unit of houses are referring to private housing... dont think one can get a private house at $200k.

u r ight in saying that the price will eventually depend on whether it is dd>ss or ss>dd ..

so have anyone here bgt AS recently?

sumo22
19-07-09, 15:38
I just got back from the showroom which is very packed, with agents.

The agent said most of the 2-bedders are sold & the avg psf is 1200 or higher. Hence, the cheapest 2-bedder is $1.1 mil!! Also the agent said the developer wanted them to tell buyers that this property will be at least $1800 psf within 3.5 years.

When I mentioned about the huge planter & balcony, the agent said this development is about "lifestyle".

jasonlcl
19-07-09, 15:46
Did u manage to get e brochure?$1.8kpsf in future, sound very positive!

xtink
19-07-09, 16:05
if developers can gv me capital appreciation guarantee in black n white, i will sure buy. if not, it is just empty words. if really 1800psf, then hdb would b going for 1mil easily in town area.

Regulators
19-07-09, 16:20
very simple, tell developer to prepare an irrevocable n guaranteed buyback contract. Buy frm them now at 1200psf now and sell back to them at 1500psf 3 years later. Tell them u dont mind losing out on the 300psf so they can sell it for 1800psf.
if developers can gv me capital appreciation guarantee in black n white, i will sure buy. if not, it is just empty words. if really 1800psf, then hdb would b going for 1mil easily in town area.

wklibran
19-07-09, 16:37
I just got back from the showroom which is very packed, with agents.

The agent said most of the 2-bedders are sold & the avg psf is 1200 or higher. Hence, the cheapest 2-bedder is $1.1 mil!! Also the agent said the developer wanted them to tell buyers that this property will be at least $1800 psf within 3.5 years.

When I mentioned about the huge planter & balcony, the agent said this development is about "lifestyle".

interesting. you mentioned it is packed with agents... how about the crowd, oh, i mean the buyers...

fom day one of their sale, the 2-bedder has been the best seller.. do u know how's the sale for the bigger units like?

did the agent explain why the developer got such bullish outlook for this ppty, in redhill?

bargain hunter
19-07-09, 18:54
my friend who stays in a hdb in the tiong bahru area received a wing tai flyer in his letter box promoting Ascentia Sky. It says Special Preivew discount: 2 bedrooms from 1.15m onwards, 3 bedrooms from 1.63m onwards and 4 bedroom from 1.9m onwards...

my friend said, "why would i want to downgrade to an inferior location and pay 1.6m, get into 1 backside of debt just to maintain status quo?" Although 3 bedrooms is 1475sq ft and his flat is 1238 sq ft, the 200+ sq ft is useless balcony, planter and bay windows and yet 2 bedrooms shrunk. He said he would rather stay where he is anytime.

8kenshin
19-07-09, 18:57
Interesting that the crowds picked up. I was driving by and dropped in at 11.30a.m. and the place only have maybe 100 people and no units sold yet. Maybe badly advertised?

cher
19-07-09, 20:16

If they dare to guarantee in writing, they can also give you the 4D for this week. :D

bargain hunter
19-07-09, 21:15
got pick up meh? he only said crowded with agents, has not replied on buyers hehehe. anyway not advertised as not officially launched yet. maybe next week but my friend and other tiong bahru residents did receive flyers which said public preview for 18th and 19th july.

Interesting that the crowds picked up. I was driving by and dropped in at 11.30a.m. and the place only have maybe 100 people and no units sold yet. Maybe badly advertised?

housewife
19-07-09, 21:49
i visited last Sat (11 july) at so-called what preview. i'm no VIP for sure. walked from MRT and impressed by crowd of agents under the big tent outside showflat. buyers were all inside.

Lucas
19-07-09, 22:21
Well, I was invited too and was there on Saturday. Don't think many are buying and saw many aunties & uncles who seems to be having an outing there. I even see a guy coming in with his running shorts!
Also, overheard this guy walking around with non-stop complaining to his agent how bad and small are the rooms, making his poor agent speechless throughout.

Frankly speaking, except for those sky landscaping on various levels which seems impressive, the layout of all the showrooms are nothing to shout about. Yeah, the notorious balcony size eats so much into your living room and bedrooms.

Worst of all, is the price. At more than $12?? psf for a 99LH condo in Redhill? It is unbelievable. Wing Tai is wishful to think that the buyers will think that it is in Tanglin or River valley. A RCR will always be RCR Condo.

The agent, say it will go up some more:scared-1: If a 99LH can go up $1800 psf one day, those units in Anchorage or Alexis which are FH can achieve $2000 psf? :doh:

housewife
19-07-09, 22:46
the small bedroom in showflat of 2bedder doesn't even put a single bed, so u know how small it is. and planters outside each bedroom r useless. bay window, at least can sit or put sth on it. those bedroom planters outside window, one can only water plants, dangerous to lean out from window. only the one on balcony is useful. balcony like the one at Peak @ Balmeg, big. was quoted 2bedder at 1243psf, north facing >=947sqft, south facing >=1012sqft, difference in one balcony and planter.

Regulators
19-07-09, 23:03
It is well said. I think you should share the same to the people in the Centris thread and wake up the senses of those intending to buy Centris as well.

my friend who stays in a hdb in the tiong bahru area received a wing tai flyer in his letter box promoting Ascentia Sky. It says Special Preivew discount: 2 bedrooms from 1.15m onwards, 3 bedrooms from 1.63m onwards and 4 bedroom from 1.9m onwards...

my friend said, "why would i want to downgrade to an inferior location and pay 1.6m, get into 1 backside of debt just to maintain status quo?" Although 3 bedrooms is 1475sq ft and his flat is 1238 sq ft, the 200+ sq ft is useless balcony, planter and bay windows and yet 2 bedrooms shrunk. He said he would rather stay where he is anytime.

bargain hunter
19-07-09, 23:15
well, that was a factual case of a friend who excitedly showed me the flier yesterday after getting it on friday hee, saying they got the cheek to print the FROM prices in fliers deposited in HDB estate letterboxes. don't have any factual cases at boon lay. i would think the price discrepancy for centris is still not so obscene right? ie 5 room hdb flat vs 3 bedroom condo is more than 2.5 times the price for the tiong bahru vs ascentia sky case.

It is well said. I think you should share the same to the people in the Centris thread and wake up the senses of those intending to buy Centris as well.

Honesty
19-07-09, 23:40

Totally wrong targetted group of buyers, If the HDB upgraders can afford 1.15 or 1.63 million, that mean the singaporean wages must have growth by another 200%. ( from $4,000 to $12,000 ) Base on the 35% rule of income from the bank of $12,000 total household income is about $4,200 per month for the housing loan. How many HDB upgraders can afford???

jonleelk
20-07-09, 08:58

Who in Tiong Bahru will want to move to a Redhill LH when there are cheaper and better *Regency* FHs in Tiong Bahru?

I missed Tiong Bahru...the place I grew up in.

housewife
20-07-09, 10:39
agent sent sms:
thank u for visiting AS last two week, the initial release stack has sold out, new stack release now with preview price. showflat close from today till friday, only special open for booking. last chances for preview this weekend, grab the opportunity before the public launch.

blackswan
20-07-09, 13:15
Who in Tiong Bahru will want to move to a Redhill LH when there are cheaper and better *Regency* FHs in Tiong Bahru?

I missed Tiong Bahru...the place I grew up in.

Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

Then cut across the road, cut across the glass patch and walk along Moh Guan terrace, and saw a Hainan Curry Mixed Rice store. Walk further up and reach the construction site for Regency @ Tiong Bahru. There project seems to be full steam ahead. walk back down and since hungry, decided to try the Hainan Curry Mix Rice store as it claim ZHENG ZHONG.

A couple of minutes later, the curry pork chop rice came and "COW/", the curry and the chicken is really yummy, just my typr of curry (Thick, spicy but not two spicy) and my type of chicken (very crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside).

Overall, a very serence and tranquil place, on this central west side as comapred to central east side like kallang and lavander which have more beachy feeling. 2 cents worth.

bargain hunter
20-07-09, 15:01
agreed. even the new hdbs there are occupied by en-bloc pple who downgraded or savvy pple like my friend who can afford a condo but choose to stay where he is.

the conserved area helps add to the serenity and of course the curry rice, chwee kway etc. :)

Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

Then cut across the road, cut across the glass patch and walk along Moh Guan terrace, and saw a Hainan Curry Mixed Rice store. Walk further up and reach the construction site for Regency @ Tiong Bahru. There project seems to be full steam ahead. walk back down and since hungry, decided to try the Hainan Curry Mix Rice store as it claim ZHENG ZHONG.

A couple of minutes later, the curry pork chop rice came and "COW/", the curry and the chicken is really yummy, just my typr of curry (Thick, spicy but not two spicy) and my type of chicken (very crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside).

Overall, a very serence and tranquil place, on this central west side as comapred to central east side like kallang and lavander which have more beachy feeling. 2 cents worth.

wklibran
20-07-09, 16:35
[quote=blackswan]Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

did u go there for house viewing? how much are the owners asking ?

yes, i agree it is more serene in RS and TR, just that the side road that lead to condos is a bit narrow and also it is the only way to go in and out of RS and TR.

wklibran
20-07-09, 16:37
agent sent sms:
thank u for visiting AS last two week, the initial release stack has sold out, new stack release now with preview price. showflat close from today till friday, only special open for booking. last chances for preview this weekend, grab the opportunity before the public launch.

hmmm... the initial release stack sold out, but the showflat will special open for booking? book what, thot all sold out? hmm... the agent's sms is bit fishy...:doh:

housewife
20-07-09, 16:55
hmmm... the initial release stack sold out, but the showflat will special open for booking? book what, thot all sold out? hmm... the agent's sms is bit fishy...:doh:
last previews didn't release all lah. among 40+ floors, they released maybe 10 floors when i visited the weekend b4 last. but agent said if interested in other floors, no problem to buy. so release batch by batch just to test market and boast like 80% sold but actually a lot left. if i were really interested in other floors not released, they wouldn't reject cheque bah?

blackswan
20-07-09, 22:25
[quote=blackswan]Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

did u go there for house viewing? how much are the owners asking ?

yes, i agree it is more serene in RS and TR, just that the side road that lead to condos is a bit narrow and also it is the only way to go in and out of RS and TR.

Not to view house but to recce the surrounding. Always do that whenever I target a development. Either I will have coffee there or have lunch there to observe the traffic and people. Of course main thing is to time the time needed to walk to MRT and what's the facilities around and how far are they from they development.

If the prices can head down lower, will really consider these 2 project. Of course a lot of bros here will say, wait long long.

esurprise
21-07-09, 09:38
Hi Bro, you have good taste, the curry rice is a famous dish that explain why it is popular regardless of its lay back setting.

Cheers!!

blackswan
21-07-09, 14:44
Thanks, but the problem now is keep thinking of going there for lunch.....sigh.....

august
21-07-09, 18:57
the curry rice standard drop already... now everywhere also like that, maxwell one also, sibei sian ...

esurprise
21-07-09, 22:08
you buy a unit there, it will solve your craving problem. Hahaha

BTW, i'm not an agent, so.....

any good deal, let me know, cheers!!

Thanks, but the problem now is keep thinking of going there for lunch.....sigh.....

Lucas
21-07-09, 23:01
you buy a unit there, it will solve your craving problem. Hahaha

BTW, i'm not an agent, so.....

any good deal, let me know, cheers!!

Don't think you get get good deal from this project. I wont even consider another 20% at $1000 psf Condo a good deal for a 99LH in Redhill.

NoodyGirl
23-07-09, 17:31
asking prices softening already
speculators better sell before kena loot

vin002
23-07-09, 18:12

How soft? $1000psf?

blackswan
23-07-09, 18:33

Sister, dun bother.......when the market is running red hot like what it is at the moment, who will want to quit the big relay.

However, if that's the case, it will only mean not bargains to pick when the market turns.......

(ha ha, can hear lots of call telling me to wait long long)

bargain hunter
23-07-09, 20:37
where did u see this prices softening phenomenon? any good examples? the feedback i got from my agent is that genuine sellers have indeed lowered their asking prices (few in numbers and the lowered asking prices are of course not that low but is the lowest in the market) but those who just chionged in to buy recently and those who bought at the peak in 2007 have actually raised their asking prices even further.

vin002
25-07-09, 14:17
where did u see this prices softening phenomenon? any good examples? the feedback i got from my agent is that genuine sellers have indeed lowered their asking prices (few in numbers and the lowered asking prices are of course not that low but is the lowest in the market) but those who just chionged in to buy recently and those who bought at the peak in 2007 have actually raised their asking prices even further.

I agree. I also faced the same. In fact, I don't foresee the price to softer any further till the current buzz are gone. However, there will still be certain few units where the sellers are "forced" to sell.

Lucas
25-07-09, 20:32
I agree. I also faced the same. In fact, I don't foresee the price to softer any further till the current buzz are gone. However, there will still be certain few units where the sellers are "forced" to sell.

Yeah, it is just like beginning of 2007 and that time price shot up within 7-8 months...

vin002
27-07-09, 14:02
Actually to be fair to AS, I must agree that the fittings, the facilities and location are very attractive to a lot of potential buyer. It is the price that put the buyers off. If the launch price is around $1K psf, the project would have already sold out.

Lucas
27-07-09, 20:58
Actually to be fair to AS, I must agree that the fittings, the facilities and location are very attractive to a lot of potential buyer. It is the price that put the buyers off. If the launch price is around $1K psf, the project would have already sold out.

Why do you say the fitting is attractive? I find all those in-built kitchen cabinets and closet very normal...I think those in ALEXIS is far more surperior quality....facilities wise, cant really say that too as they are all over different floors and dont seems so natural to me. I still prefer a larger plot of land where kids and adults can scroll /run/cycle around. As for location, yes, it is near REDHILL MRT and it is really attractive. Then, I will not pay more than $1200 psf to just stay here;) becasue it is near MRT station. I have other choices.

bargain hunter
27-07-09, 21:38
Finally went down to take a look today.

Was quoted 1200+psf for low #30 and just below 1200 for low #20 for 3 bedders. 1.85m and 1.75m just seems too high a quantum for such an inefficient use of 1475 sq ft.

Project does not seem to be moving. Despite, this report from yesterday's Sunday Times,

"More than 1,000 thronged Wing Tai’s Ascentia Sky (http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/ascentia-sky-alexandra-road/) showflats in Redhill when the 373-unit condo was launched yesterday. It has sold 85 per cent of the 120 units put up, at prices of around $1,300 psf."

Less off the 80 units sold at previews, official launch only sold 20+ units despite 1000 visitors?

teddybear
27-07-09, 22:13
For $1200-$1400 psf, we can get a FH condo in District 11 near Novena MRT station which is a better buy than this District 3 Redhill LH condo at about the same price.

Finally went down to take a look today.

Was quoted 1200+psf for low #30 and just below 1200 for low #20 for 3 bedders. 1.85m and 1.75m just seems too high a quantum for such an inefficient use of 1475 sq ft.

Project does not seem to be moving. Despite, this report from yesterday's Sunday Times,

"More than 1,000 thronged Wing Tai’s Ascentia Sky (http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/ascentia-sky-alexandra-road/) showflats in Redhill when the 373-unit condo was launched yesterday. It has sold 85 per cent of the 120 units put up, at prices of around $1,300 psf."

Less off the 80 units sold at previews, official launch only sold 20+ units despite 1000 visitors?

Honesty
27-07-09, 22:29
For $1200-$1400 psf, we can get a FH condo in District 11 near Novena MRT station which is a better buy than this District 3 Redhill LH condo at about the same price.

I think $800 psf also consider expensive in this area.:tsk-tsk:

If the developer got the land at the high price, then just too bad....not every businesses sure make money.

bargain hunter
27-07-09, 23:02
If I buy Ascentia Sky, I think I will really Ascend to Sky...

teddybear
27-07-09, 23:49
Buyers of Ascentia Sky aspire to ascend to the sky. :D

If I buy Ascentia Sky, I think I will really Ascend to Sky...

vin002
28-07-09, 11:12

If the developer got the land at the high price, then just too bad....not every businesses sure make money.

You may think it is expensive just like those think that RG can go below $1kpsf. If AS is selling at avg $1k psf, it would have already sold out. There are always pros & cons to a project. However, it is all depends on the price against the cons. If price is reasonable, the cons will be accepted. However, based on the current response, it is obviously not yet reached the level.

Nevertheless, I must say that they are doing well to have sold at least 100 units. Meaning at least average $150m revenue. They just need to sell another 100 more units and they should be able to breakeven. Once this target is reached, I foresee that the additional discount will be taken off. Therefore, this 2 weeks will be very critical to see if the project will move on further.

NoodyGirl
28-07-09, 21:22

U know nothin abt property market then
:scared-3:

Cactus72
08-09-09, 23:17
Seemed like this project is quite quiet....was checking streetsine and the prices tranacted are really scary. Counted only 48 units sold since it was lauched in Jul 09. I think there are about 348 units for sale and sale of this project is so slow...wonder how the developer going to sell the remaining units at that kind of price. :doh:

Honesty
08-09-09, 23:51
Seemed like this project is quite quiet....was checking streetsine and the prices tranacted are really scary. Counted only 48 units sold since it was lauched in Jul 09. I think there are about 348 units for sale and sale of this project is so slow...wonder how the developer going to sell the remaining units at that kind of price. :doh:

Same as the centro units sold, prices too high for the mass market to digest.

Need some good news on the job market to increase our wages to double to afford these prices.

bargain hunter
09-09-09, 00:33
caveats are lagging. last heard was 100+ units sold but i think very few sales closed recently :)

esurprise
24-09-09, 23:12
Hi ALL

Anyone have any news on this project?
Howmany bedders available?

Reporter
24-09-09, 23:28
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Ascentia Sky ... RCR ....... 148 ...................... 30 ......................... 1,420 ............ 1,221 .......... 1,055
Didn't managed to break July's high of $1,459psf.

esurprise
24-09-09, 23:47
Didn't managed to break July's high of $1,459psf.

Wow, highest price was $1400+? i thot ppl already complaining when it was selling at $1200+ for that Ang Sua location?

In Aug sold 30units? the sales seems quite good

Reporter
25-09-09, 00:14
Wow, highest price was $1400+? i thot ppl already complaining when it was selling at $1200+ for that Ang Sua location?

I wonder how they do in September.

bargain hunter
25-09-09, 00:57
30 units is good? think the sales has just dried up hehehe. there should be many 2, 3 and 4 bedders all still available.

esurprise
25-09-09, 09:27
30 units is good? think the sales has just dried up hehehe. there should be many 2, 3 and 4 bedders all still available.

Precisely, it thot it should be lesser. To hear that 30units sold in Aug, i thot it was quote good :-)

How many percent has been sold huh?

bargain hunter
25-09-09, 09:35
can't recall offhand but probably 30+% sold.

Precisely, it thot it should be lesser. To hear that 30units sold in Aug, i thot it was quote good :-)

How many percent has been sold huh?

Reporter
25-09-09, 10:08
Ascentia Sky
Total units: 373
Total units launched: 180
Cumulative units sold to 31 Aug 09: 148 (40%)

wklibran
29-09-09, 11:39
Ascentia Sky
Total units: 373
Total units launched: 180
Cumulative units sold to 31 Aug 09: 148 (40%)

Based on launched unit, is about over 80% sold.. not bad. But seems like demand not so big, else why dont they launch the other 198 units too...

Anyone know when will they launch the rest?

vin002
29-09-09, 11:46
Based on launched unit, is about over 80% sold.. not bad. But seems like demand not so big, else why dont they launch the other 198 units too...

Demand is consider not bad. Actually, if they are will to drop their price to $1150psf, I guess the rest of the units already snatched up.

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 11:49
its already "launched" in a way, because you can ask for the price for any unit and they can get you the price. Just that officially, those units does not have a list price in the price lists which agents sell. They wouldn't want to appear that take up rate is so poor right? 1.1m for a very very low floor 2 bedder just doesn't make any sense to me.

Honesty
29-09-09, 12:14
its already "launched" in a way, because you can ask for the price for any unit and they can get you the price. Just that officially, those units does not have a list price in the price lists which agents sell. They wouldn't want to appear that take up rate is so poor right? 1.1m for a very very low floor 2 bedder just doesn't make any sense to me.
I have got a few friends that bought condos in 2007 when the prices are still consider "cheap", something like $500 to $600 psf. Today most of their project already TOP, and they realised that, at that "cheap" price they still find it difficult to service the loan.I really don't understand how are these people going to service their loan when their million dollars house TOP.I think by then those that can't make it will have to sell... and by then will be to many sellers...Watch out for mid 2010 to early 2011 prices....

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 12:19
i think mid 2010 to early 2011 you only see prime prices weaken first because the boom for that area is 2007 ie massive TOP from late 2010 to throughout 2011. For those non prime, the boom is 2009, the problems only start when the projects TOP in 2012 to 2013.

But first, let's see how many options expire in the months ahead. :)

I have got a few friends that bought condos in 2007 when the prices are still consider "cheap", something like $500 to $600 psf. Today most of their project already TOP, and they realised that, at that "cheap" price they still find it difficult to service the loan.I really don't understand how are these people going to service their loan when their million dollars house TOP.I think by then those that can't make it will have to sell... and by then will be to many sellers...Watch out for mid 2010 to early 2011 prices....

Honesty
29-09-09, 12:39
i think mid 2010 to early 2011 you only see prime prices weaken first because the boom for that area is 2007 ie massive TOP from late 2010 to throughout 2011. For those non prime, the boom is 2009, the problems only start when the projects TOP in 2012 to 2013.

Ya, I think you are more acurate in the segment market.

Maybe buyers out there can buy at the "reasonable" price in future.

In fact even now I start to see FIRE SALES advert in the ST, and also plenty of houses for sale.

They are more and more ads in sat ST.

Sellers are getting out now....

Reporter
29-09-09, 12:57
Could your few friends be the exception here?

Buyers who bought at the abovementioned psf's are millionaires now. I also know of many who can service their loans and some even buy without loan.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Stable household wealth behind property surge
Consumer spending could also recover more quickly than in previous recessions
Conrad Tan
The Business Times
Tuesday, 25 August 2009

The net worth of Singapore households has fallen only slightly from its peak last year and is still much higher than it was at the start of this decade, according to an analysis by a senior Citigroup economist.

This resilience in household wealth is one likely reason for property sales volumes and prices having rebounded strongly in recent weeks, and could mean that consumer spending here recovers more quickly than in previous recessions.

'The strength of the household balance sheet probably explains to some extent the rally in asset prices, in particular housing, and may set the stage for a swifter recovery in domestic spending,' Citi economist Kit Wei Zheng said in a report yesterday.

Mr Kit estimates that Singapore households had a combined net worth of just over $900 billion as at the second quarter of this year - down only 5-6% from the peak in 2008 and 70% higher than in 2000, despite the slump in asset prices due to the financial crisis.

That net worth measures the value of cash, shares, property and other assets owned by households, less any liabilities such as mortgages and personal loans.

Mr Kit used data from the Monetary Authority of Singapore's latest Financial Stability Review and past studies by the Singapore Department of Statistics that show changes in households' balance sheets until the third quarter of 2008. He then estimated more recent values for households' assets and debts.

While household debt had risen by 30% from 2000 to the second quarter of this year, the value of household assets rose at double that pace, or some 60%, over the same period, Mr Kit's estimates show.

'Even accounting for private home price declines in 2008 and the first quarter of this year, with HDB prices holding up and cash positions building, total household assets are up 60% from 2000, and only 4.3% down from the peak in Q2 2008,' he said.

Financial asset holdings grew especially quickly - holdings of cash and deposits rose almost 70% from 2000 to the peak in the third quarter of 2007, while holdings of shares and securities rose almost 150%.

Given the recent rally in equity prices and the continued accumulation of cash, Mr Kit estimates that total financial assets held by Singapore households have fallen only 3.2% from the Q3 2007 peak.

While the dollar value of household debt has risen in recent years, the even more rapid increase in assets means that debt is now only 16-17% of total assets, compared with 20-21% in 2000-01. Households' cash holdings alone exceed total household liabilities in aggregate, although most of that cash is likely to be concentrated in higher-income households.

The lower proportion of household indebtedness compared to 2000-01 'can probably be explained by wage growth - and hence, financial assets - outpacing housing price growth in nine out of the past 11 years, which has probably improved home affordability as well', Mr Kit said.

And while household debt is likely to increase further in the coming months due to recent new home purchases and the completion of homes bought under the deferred payment scheme, 'households seem unlikely to reach previous levels of leverage any time soon', he added.

'Huge buffer' of wealth
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
'Huge buffer' has helped households here weather recession better
Fiona Chan
The Straits Times
Tuesday, 14 July 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090713/ln-sg-sg.jpg
Last year, as the world succumbed to the financial meltdown, Singapore households were sitting comfortably on 6 times more assets than liabilities. -- ST Photo: Joyce Fang

If the current recession seems less painful than previous downturns, part of the reason could be that Singaporeans are richer this time around.

While consumers in the United States and Europe spent with abandon and piled up loans in the boom years, Singaporeans saved, invested and paid down debt.

Last year, as the world succumbed to the financial meltdown, Singapore households were sitting comfortably on six times more assets than liabilities, according to new estimates by French investment bank BNP Paribas.

This means that for every $1 of debt they owed in mortgages or other loans, households owned $6 in assets such as stocks and property.

This was down slightly from 2007 levels, when assets outnumbered liabilities by seven-to-one, according to Department of Statistics’ data. But it is still an advance on 2000 - before the dot.com bust, when the ratio was five-to-one.

Since then, Singaporeans have seen the value of their asset holdings soar on the back of stock and property values.

And although they became wealthier, Singaporeans refused to splurge on credit, keeping debt at roughly the same level throughout the period.

Between 2000 and last year, Singaporean households’ assets jumped 60% to $1.12trillion, but liabilities rose only 28% to $178.4billion.

Their net wealth - assets minus liabilities - rocketed to $942billion last year, according to BNP’s estimates. This is more than double the $450billion Singaporeans had in 1997 before the Asian Financial Crisis.

'What this means is that Singaporean households entered the 2008 recession in very good shape with a huge buffer,' said BNP Paribas chief economist Chan Kok Peng.

A substantial part of this buffer was in cash, with Singaporeans careful to put a large proportion of their assets in the bank - even though property and stock markets have been roaring.

The result is that for every $1 of liabilities held last year, households had $1.13 in cash deposits.

In sharp contrast, US households only had 50 cents of cash deposits for every $1 in liabilities and UK households 73 cents.

Apparently, despite being mired in its worst-ever downturn, Singapore still has a large kitty of cash. Singaporeans are sitting on $301billion of cash deposits in the bank, in addition to $67billion in Central Provident Fund accounts that can be used to buy either property or stocks, according to the latest figures for May.

This totals a 'staggering' $368billion - 143% of Singapore’s gross domestic product - said Mr Chan.

It is good news for the banking system which, added Mr Chan, depends on household deposits for its main source of funding.

But, he and other economists tempered this upbeat picture by cautioning that the data may not be representative across-the-board, as it does not take into account the different income levels of Singaporeans.

'Those who have recently become unemployed or have mistimed their property purchases at the peak of the cycle and leveraged up beyond their means, are likely to be a source of concern for their bankers,' said Mr Chan.

Citigroup economist Kit Wei Zheng suggested that some of the data could be skewed by foreigners, who may have deposited a lot of cash or parked their money in assets here, but left their liabilities at home.

However, Housing Board residents - who make up 85% of Singapore homeowners - are likely to be less financially stressed than others, given that HDB flat prices have held up fairly well in the current recession.

andy
29-09-09, 13:27

You real? The prime has even claw back halfway from the peak of 2007. How do you know it will exceed 2007 peak or come close?

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 13:37
that's my personal opinion. please feel free to disagree with it.

I look at brand new Orange Grove Residences just as an example. 4+1 asking rental 10k and no takers. Dreamier ads asking for FROM 12.5k. A $4m+ unit struggling to fetch 3% GROSS yield.

CBD area. Just check out the number of units coming out in District 1 in the next 2 years. Marina Bay Residences, One Shenton, The Clift. There's also the Lumiere in District 2. What about all those condos in Sentosa coming on stream as well? owners at the coast asking for 8k+ for 3.5m units and no takers as well. And i haven't even mentioned the huge chunk of units completing in district 9, 10 and 11.

You real? The prime has even claw back halfway from the peak of 2007. How do you know it will exceed 2007 peak or come close?

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 13:40
My agent said his phone has gone dead. 2 calls a day. He says there will soon be less and less ads in ST because if there is no demand, agents will try not to advertise. Sorry, the door has already closed on the sellers.......can't get out already...

Ya, I think you are more acurate in the segment market.

Maybe buyers out there can buy at the "reasonable" price in future.

In fact even now I start to see FIRE SALES advert in the ST, and also plenty of houses for sale.

They are more and more ads in sat ST.

Sellers are getting out now....

andy
29-09-09, 14:33
that's my personal opinion. please feel free to disagree with it.

I look at brand new Orange Grove Residences just as an example. 4+1 asking rental 10k and no takers. Dreamier ads asking for FROM 12.5k. A $4m+ unit struggling to fetch 3% GROSS yield.

CBD area. Just check out the number of units coming out in District 1 in the next 2 years. Marina Bay Residences, One Shenton, The Clift. There's also the Lumiere in District 2. What about all those condos in Sentosa coming on stream as well? owners at the coast asking for 8k+ for 3.5m units and no takers as well. And i haven't even mentioned the huge chunk of units completing in district 9, 10 and 11.

I think the top prime will not recover to levels of 2007. Look at St regis, it is still around $2500psf. During the peak it reached $3500psf. With the huge pipeline of TOP units in 9,10,11 coming around 2011, the prime area is unlikely to go much further until we have foreign investors eventhough it has recovered somewhat.

Many ppl are confused by the liquidity bubble which is driving the mass market mickey mouse unit frenzy. We should compare the total floor area sold rather than total units sold:2cents:

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 14:38
precisely. st regis is a bit arbitrary though. u can get units which transact at 2500psf or 3500psf and yet mean nothing in terms of general prime prices because its just 1 or 2 units and 3500psf can be for a smaller unit with better views while 2500 is for a large unit.

i agree that quantum, be it total area or total $ is important. it's clear that for the below 2000psf units, buyer resistance comes in somewhere around $3m for 4 bedders. anything above meets with resistance.

I think the top prime will not recover to levels of 2007. Look at St regis, it is still around $2500psf. During the peak it reached $3500psf. With the huge pipeline of TOP units in 9,10,11 coming around 2011, the prime area is unlikely to go much further until we have foreign investors eventhough it has recovered somewhat.

Many ppl are confused by the liquidity bubble which is driving the mass market mickey mouse unit frenzy. We should compare the total floor area sold rather than total units sold:2cents:

andy
29-09-09, 14:59
precisely. st regis is a bit arbitrary though. u can get units which transact at 2500psf or 3500psf and yet mean nothing in terms of general prime prices because its just 1 or 2 units and 3500psf can be for a smaller unit with better views while 2500 is for a large unit.

i agree that quantum, be it total area or total $ is important. it's clear that for the below 2000psf units, buyer resistance comes in somewhere around $3m for 4 bedders. anything above meets with resistance.

So back to your comment that prime area will weaken around 2010/2011. How can it weaken if it has not really recovered.

I mean....agents are saying there is in fact very few calls for resale, particularly above $2m-$3m.:cool:

So my question is if someone has $2m to $3m budget what is your take:
a) do nothing and wait & collect 0.45% FD assuming 20% cash
b) buy good bargain at resale in prime area
c) buy new at higher end launch
d) put in stocks

Property_Owner
29-09-09, 15:13
My agent said his phone has gone dead. 2 calls a day. He says there will soon be less and less ads in ST because if there is no demand, agents will try not to advertise. Sorry, the door has already closed on the sellers.......can't get out already...

Serious? So bad?

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 15:23
He's a pure resale agent ie never do new launches, never do subsales type. previously it was seventh month. now its the cooling measures. he is now away in thailand to pray to si4 mian4 fo2. (not joking). he says its an annual ritual for pple like him who do sales.

Serious? So bad?

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 15:30
if i am that person, and the 2 to 3m is one single bet (ie not someone who can buy one 2m unit then can later buy another one or more type):

a few months ago, i would have said put in stocks (which i did) but now i would say do nothing and wait for a good bargain to come up in resale market in prime area next year. i do not see any good bargains in resale market in prime yet. Keep your options open and cash is the instrument which helps to keep your options opened.

If you have hte budget to buy 2 or 3 such units, then of course its a different story. buy 1 now and wait to buy the rest next year.

So back to your comment that prime area will weaken around 2010/2011. How can it weaken if it has not really recovered.

I mean....agents are saying there is in fact very few calls for resale, particularly above $2m-$3m.:cool:

So my question is if someone has $2m to $3m budget what is your take:
a) do nothing and wait & collect 0.45% FD assuming 20% cash
b) buy good bargain at resale in prime area
c) buy new at higher end launch
d) put in stocks

andy
29-09-09, 15:38
if i am that person, and the 2 to 3m is one single bet (ie not someone who can buy one 2m unit then can later buy another one or more type):

a few months ago, i would have said put in stocks (which i did) but now i would say do nothing and wait for a good bargain to come up in resale market in prime area next year. i do not see any good bargains in resale market in prime yet. Keep your options open and cash is the instrument which helps to keep your options opened.

If you have hte budget to buy 2 or 3 such units, then of course its a different story. buy 1 now and wait to buy the rest next year.

I wish I have the budget but I don't. Just want to understand why the buyers for resale are not really there, not withstanding the asking price for resale is simply not realistic fuelled by daily news sold out projects.

But then you are kinda of property bearish, right?

Property_Owner
29-09-09, 15:41
He's a pure resale agent ie never do new launches, never do subsales type. previously it was seventh month. now its the cooling measures. he is now away in thailand to pray to si4 mian4 fo2. (not joking). he says its an annual ritual for pple like him who do sales.

I just spoken to my agent too. Been confirmed! Zero call even for weekend adv. Time to rethink for me.

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 15:46
i am bearish on prime only because of the number of units (and some are really large units at that! we have not even counted the mickey mouse units which we don't even know if people really would like to rent yet!) coming up in the next 2 years. the asking price for resale prime is obviously not realistic. owners of OCR and RCR can ask for the 2007 peak prices and get away with it but not CCR owners. But they are in dreamland and still hope to be able to get those prices so they continue to ask so or rather, i should say, the peak prime owners continue to ask at a price where they hope to breakeven or make a small profit.

I wish I have the budget but I don't. Just want to understand why the buyers for resale are not really there, not withstanding the asking price for resale is simply not realistic fuelled by daily news sold out projects.

But then you are kinda of property bearish, right?

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 15:49
but you are already a diversified multi property owner right? what do you need to rethink? were you looking to buy more or sell some?

I just spoken to my agent too. Been confirmed! Zero call even for weekend adv. Time to rethink for me.

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 15:56
that's why my agent said he sees a decline in weekend adverts going forward. no calls how to continue to advertise like this?

resale agents damn poor thing. first banks don't match valuations cannot close deals. then boom in primary market also cause them to lose business. then seventh month. then property cooling measures.

Property_Owner
29-09-09, 16:10
but you are already a diversified multi property owner right? what do you need to rethink? were you looking to buy more or sell some?

Of course to buy more. :D :D :D

pweesng
29-09-09, 16:14
maybe people who buy in CCR does not need to have rental to pay the mortgage?

My personal opinion is that CCR will always be better then the rest. The reason being, let's be honest, if a person can afford it, he or she probably would want to stay as near town as possible (at least for most people).

In another word, if CCR can drop rental real low. It doesn't have to cover whole instalment, in fact if it covers interest portion, they are already a happy camper. With that in mind, if CCR is willing to rent out a 2 bedroom at Rivergate, for say 2k per month, will there not be any taker at all?

And if so, wouldn't CCR become a big and interesting competitor for an apartment in Clementi that others are trying to rent out?

Then it becomes a question of how low can one go... can a RCR go lower then another owner who in the first place could afford an apartment in CCR?

we must not forget that people who buy and hold on to a CCR, there is a good chance they can afford to hold. The ability of rental covering instalment may not be a must.

So IMHO, not matter what the economy is, and how much over supply there is in the market, etc...etc, CCR will always be better than the rest, assuming ceteras paribus (sig).

Property_Owner
29-09-09, 16:15

Hard to predict that issue which I pm you.

bargain hunter
29-09-09, 16:30
i have to agree that many people who buy CCR do not need the rental. However, let's not forget the 2007 speculators of CCR who bought on easy credit. I am pretty sure among this huge supply that's coming out, there will be quite a number of people who will need rental to help to cover their monthly mortgage payments. The big question is how many. That can't be estimated and we shall find out soon over the course of the next year or 2.

My personal opinion is that CCR will always be better then the rest. The reason being, let's be honest, if a person can afford it, he or she probably would want to stay as near town as possible (at least for most people).

In another word, if CCR can drop rental real low. It doesn't have to cover whole instalment, in fact if it covers interest portion, they are already a happy camper. With that in mind, if CCR is willing to rent out a 2 bedroom at Rivergate, for say 2k per month, will there not be any taker at all?

And if so, wouldn't CCR become a big and interesting competitor for an apartment in Clementi that others are trying to rent out?

Then it becomes a question of how low can one go... can a RCR go lower then another owner who in the first place could afford an apartment in CCR?

we must not forget that people who buy and hold on to a CCR, there is a good chance they can afford to hold. The ability of rental covering instalment may not be a must.

So IMHO, not matter what the economy is, and how much over supply there is in the market, etc...etc, CCR will always be better than the rest, assuming ceteras paribus (sig).

pweesng
29-09-09, 16:40
i have to agree that many people who buy CCR do not need the rental. However, let's not forget the 2007 speculators of CCR who bought on easy credit. I am pretty sure among this huge supply that's coming out, there will be quite a number of people who will need rental to help to cover their monthly mortgage payments. The big question is how many. That can't be estimated and we shall find out soon over the course of the next year or 2.

i may not be very much convince with this argument. While credit was easy previously, banks in Singapore generally are conservative in lendings as compared to our US or european counterpart.

SO the key lies in the fact that if there are large number of CCR buyer who cannot afford to hold, they are forced to sell out and therefore bringing the valuation in CCR down as a whole.

We do not know how many of these owners are there. I suspect it won't be that many. Given that while credit is easy to obtain, the down payment of 10% to 20% has to be paid. and if you buy a $3 million property, 10% is $300k, excluding stamp duties. Now, if i can afford $300k 2 years ago, after 2 years, chances are i will have another 100k or more in my bank account to service the loan for the next year or 2.

Secondly, previously there were big hoo ha on owners who bought with deferred payment scheme and how they will bring prices down. I don't see that happening.

Now in the absence of large numbers, valuation are unlikely to be affected, similarly, there isn't enough people buying up Prime properties, hence while market is trending upwards, prime properties valuation are still somewhat stagnant.

If you are expecting large number of seller who cannot afford to hold on to their CCR apartments, you better be fast. There will be a few, it won't be that many. And if you miss it, it is not going to come your way again.

andy
29-09-09, 16:57
i am bearish on prime only because of the number of units (and some are really large units at that! we have not even counted the mickey mouse units which we don't even know if people really would like to rent yet!) coming up in the next 2 years. the asking price for resale prime is obviously not realistic. owners of OCR and RCR can ask for the 2007 peak prices and get away with it but not CCR owners. But they are in dreamland and still hope to be able to get those prices so they continue to ask so or rather, i should say, the peak prime owners continue to ask at a price where they hope to breakeven or make a small profit.

Actually I don't believe the CCR will have that many MM units. In fact I see that the reverse is true. 2BRs are at least 1300sqft. Some 1BRs may have problems but generally if in good location it should be ok.

Also I believe the CCR owners having strong holding powers. I think now is the best time to buy resale CCR units. You just need to ignore the asking price:2cents:

moneyspinner
29-09-09, 17:04
Actually I don't believe the CCR will have that many MM units. In fact I see that the reverse is true. 2BRs are at least 1300sqft. Some 1BRs may have problems but generally if in good location it should be ok.

Also I believe the CCR owners having strong holding powers. I think now is the best time to buy resale CCR units. You just need to ignore the asking price:2cents:

What would be a good price range for a CCR resale unit now in terms of psf and which would be a good project to look out for in your opinion? Not referring to the luxurious segment though due affordability.

andy
29-09-09, 17:27
What would be a good price range for a CCR resale unit now in terms of psf and which would be a good project to look out for in your opinion? Not referring to the luxurious segment though due affordability.

I think Balmoral, Newton, Novena, Bukit Timah area have some gems between $1000psf to $1300psf. They have floor area so that real people can actually live in these.

There is an incredible difference between asking price and final transacted price:scared-5:

pweesng
29-09-09, 17:53
I think Balmoral, Newton, Novena, Bukit Timah area have some gems between $1000psf to $1300psf. They have floor area so that real people can actually live in these.

There is an incredible difference between asking price and final transacted price:scared-5:

i think in these area that you have listed, unless you are talking about the part of Bukit Timah after the adamn road junction, $1,300 psf, may be hard to get.

again IMHO, if you have a budget of say $1,500 psf, a lot of apartments in the River Valley area will be interesting to look at. Don't be scared off by the asking price, you will be surprise how some sellers will open up and lower their prices once they see a firm check on the table.

In fact, developments like Robertson 100, you might get something for $1,300 even. I don't know why this project always trades below the surrounding developments.

Reporter
30-09-09, 11:14

Maybe there is no oversupply in the next 2-3 years?

Next year may not see oversupply of homes
Melissa Tan
The Straits Times
Monday, 27 July 2009

http://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/07Jul09/images/20090727.110403_over.jpg

Glut? What glut? Fears of an oversupply of private homes next year have eased - in fact there could even be a shortage.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority's (URA) second quarter real estate statistics, released yesterday, suggest any potential oversupply has been pushed back to 2011 or even later as private property developers delay and cut down on projects.

The number of private homes slated for completion for the whole of next year has fallen sharply to just 5,394.

That is down about 70% from an estimated 17,454 early last year at the height of the last boom.

Just as developers have cut back on building, home buying has shot back up to boom-time levels.

For the past three months, more than 1,000 private homes have been sold each month. An average of 8,000 private homes have been sold each year since 2000.

This means that private home prices and rents could rise next year, as the supply of private property units in 2010 may not meet demand, especially if the current strong sales streak keeps up.

Caveats apply, of course, market watchers say. URA's statistics rely on figures that developers have provided, and dramatic changes from quarter to quarter have occurred before.

Also, the number of completed units could differ from the number sold, as developers could sell uncompleted units or be unable to sell completed units.

According to URA statistics, during the last boom in 2007 and last year, developers - confident that people would snap up private homes - obtained licences to sell 11,150 private homes set to be finished this year, and 9,188 homes in 2010.

But the collapse of Lehman Brothers last September and the resulting recession triggered fears last year that there would be too many private homes on the market next year amid an economic slowdown.

Concerned that units would not sell, developers have since slashed some projects and pushed back the completion dates of others. As a result, URA's figure for the total planned units slated for completion this year and beyond has fallen by 6,000 - from over 68,000 in the first quarter of 2008 to the current 62,350.

But although almost all of URA's projected completion figures have declined gradually over the period from the third quarter of last year to the first quarter this year, the slide shows signs of having just bottomed out.

In the third quarter of last year it was projected that around 13,400-16,000 units would be completed every year after 2010. This fell to a range of 12,100-13,900 in the fourth quarter and then to 10,900-13,800 last quarter.

Although it still remains below pre-recession levels, this range has risen slightly in the last quarter to 11,200-13,600 units every year from 2011 onwards.

The bulk of project completions has been shifted from next year to 2011 and later, with project completion figures increasing by an average of 350 for each year from last quarter's figures.

To date, 5,158 private units have been finished in the first half of this year, and URA expects 1,051 more units to be ready within the next six months.

Reporter
30-09-09, 13:30
i may not be very much convince with this argument. While credit was easy previously, banks in Singapore generally are conservative in lendings as compared to our US or european counterpart.

SO the key lies in the fact that if there are large number of CCR buyer who cannot afford to hold, they are forced to sell out and therefore bringing the valuation in CCR down as a whole.

We do not know how many of these owners are there. I suspect it won't be that many. Given that while credit is easy to obtain, the down payment of 10% to 20% has to be paid. and if you buy a $3 million property, 10% is $300k, excluding stamp duties. Now, if i can afford $300k 2 years ago, after 2 years, chances are i will have another 100k or more in my bank account to service the loan for the next year or 2.

Secondly, previously there were big hoo ha on owners who bought with deferred payment scheme and how they will bring prices down. I don't see that happening.

Now in the absence of large numbers, valuation are unlikely to be affected, similarly, there isn't enough people buying up Prime properties, hence while market is trending upwards, prime properties valuation are still somewhat stagnant.

If you are expecting large number of seller who cannot afford to hold on to their CCR apartments, you better be fast. There will be a few, it won't be that many. And if you miss it, it is not going to come your way again.
Perhaps CCR is doing fine and we worry too much?

Smaller prime district homes lead Q3 surge
Luxury condo prices up 17% from Q1; new peak for prime area landed homes
The Business Times
Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Latest figures from DTZ show that prices of completed landed and non-landed private homes in various segments continued to recover in the third quarter after bottoming out in the first quarter of this year in the aftermath of the global financial crash.

One of the strongest price gains was reflected in the average price of freehold completed prime district condos, which rose 22.3% from the recent low of $1,120 psf in Q1 to $1,370 psf in Q3. 'As more buyers were drawn to the market, average private home prices continued on the uptrend in Q3 2009, led by smaller homes in the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11,' DTZ said.

The average capital value for DTZ’s basket of completed luxury freehold condos rose 17% from $1,880 psf in Q1 to $2,200 psf in Q3; however, the latest figure is still 21.4% shy of the all-time high of $2,800 psf in late 2007/early 2008.

The recovery in home buying and prices in Q2 and Q3 this year also rubbed off on the landed housing segment. The average price of completed freehold landed homes in prime districts 9, 10 and 11 appreciated 15.9% from the recent low in Q1 to scale a fresh peak of $1,383 psf of land area in Q3, according to DTZ’s data.

In the 99-year suburban landed market too, the average capital value of $593 psf as at Q3 was up 9.4% from Q1.

DTZ’s landed housing baskets exclude Good Class Bungalows, whose values have also appreciated. And for both landed homes as well as condos, its baskets cover only completed projects.

'We’ve seen strong interest in landed properties in Q3 – whether it’s bungalows, terrace houses or semi-detached homes. Buyers are mostly owner occupiers,' says DTZ SE Asia research head Chua Chor Hoon.

'The general home buying sentiment has spilled over to the landed segment. Landed property prices did not move up as much as condo prices in the 2007 run-up.'

A universal trend for all types of private housing shown in DTZ’s data is that prices have been appreciating since bottoming out in Q1 this year.

However, while the average quarter-on-quarter price gains for suburban condos were higher for Q3 than for Q2, the price appreciation slowed in Q3 for prime district and luxury condos.

The average capital value of freehold suburban condos rose 5.6% in Q3 over the preceding quarter, after posting a 3.1% quarter-on-quarter gain in Q2. For 99-year suburban condos too, the average price increased 6.5% in Q3 to $610 psf, nearly double the 3.2% increase in Q2.

Quarter on quarter, the average capital value for prime district freehold condos surged 11.3% in Q2 and 9.9% in Q3. The average price of luxury freehold condos appreciated 9.6% in Q2 and 6.8% in Q3.

DTZ said rental values found some stability after four consecutive quarters of decline. ‘The average monthly rental value of non-landed homes in prime districts was unchanged at $3.32 psf in Q3 2009 while that of luxurious condos stayed at $4.65 psf.’

Over the next 6 months, Ms Chua predicts, private home prices are likely to see some level of stabilisation with more moderate increases. While sentiment is still strong at the moment, she pointed to an easing in sales volume from frenzied levels seen in Q3 on the back of fewer projects in the pipeline as well as the market cooling measures announced by the government on Sept 14.

DTZ noted that new private home sales by developers in Q3 are poised to break the previous quarterly record of 5,129 units set in Q2 2007. This was after developers sold a total of 4,471 homes in July and August alone. The full-year figure is also expected to top 2007’s record of 14,811 units.

Reporter
01-10-09, 18:05
I think you may be right.

It seems like CCR is surging forward now to recover its lost ground.

URA's private home prices indices surge in Q3
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Thursday, 1 October 2009

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)'s price index for private homes jumped 15.9% in the third quarter of 2009 compared with the preceding quarter, according to a flash estimate released on Thursday.

This follows a 4.7% quarter-on-quarter decline in the widely watched index in Q2.

URA also released flash estimates of the price changes in the three geographical regions for third quarter 2009. Prices of non-landed private residential properties increased by 16.2% quarter on quarter in the Core Central Region (CCR), 19.1% in Rest of Central Region and 15.4% in Outside Central Region in Q3.

In contrast, for Q2 2009, the price indices for non-landed private homes dipped 5.2% in Core Central Region, 4.4% in Rest of Central Region and 2.3% in Outside Central Region.

Reporter
08-10-09, 23:15
http://www.ascentiasky.sg/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/AscentiaSky.jpg

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-07-17/ascentia_sky_sign.jpg

Reporter
15-10-09, 13:33
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Ascentia Sky ..... RCR ........ 156 .......................... 24 .............................. 1,448 ............ 1,254 ............. 1,150
Didn't managed to break July's high of $1,459 psf by a $11 psf.

wklibran
15-10-09, 13:45
Didn't managed to break July's high of $1,459 psf by a $11 psf.

Hi Reporter, thank you for the info. May I know where can I get the info which you provided? Or is this a subscribed website?

Reporter
15-10-09, 23:40
Hi Reporter, thank you for the info. May I know where can I get the info which you provided? Or is this a subscribed website?
http://www.ura.gov.sg/real_estate/main.jsp

wklibran
16-10-09, 16:18
http://www.ura.gov.sg/real_estate/main.jsp

thank you for the link... hv a good day.

NoodyGirl
17-10-09, 21:45
Ascentia Sky

Get ready to fall from the SKY :scared-3:

bargain hunter
17-10-09, 22:04
and buyers get ready to REALLY ascend to the sky...good luck man...

Ascentia Sky

Get ready to fall from the SKY :scared-3:

tkc
19-10-09, 13:51
What happen to the WWII bomb that exploded at the site last weekend? i am surprise the news didn't report on it.

The whole stretch of Alexandra Rd was closed and about 10pm, a really loud explosion was heard. I was waiting for the papers to report it but didn't come across it since then. I am sure the Ascentia Sky buyers would be shitting bricks if they know of it.

bargain hunter
19-10-09, 13:56
wow. thanks for the update. which day was that?

What happen to the WWII bomb that exploded at the site last weekend? i am surprise the news didn't report on it.

The whole stretch of Alexandra Rd was closed and about 10pm, a really loud explosion was heard. I was waiting for the papers to report it but didn't come across it since then. I am sure the Ascentia Sky buyers would be shitting bricks if they know of it.

housewife
19-10-09, 15:13

The whole stretch of Alexandra Rd was closed and about 10pm, a really loud explosion was heard. I was waiting for the papers to report it but didn't come across it since then. I am sure the Ascentia Sky buyers would be shitting bricks if they know of it. saw it on zaobao http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp091016_021.shtml

红山工地发现二战军火(2009-10-16)
红山地铁站附近公寓工地发现一批疑为第二次世界大战遗留的军火,包括手枪、步枪和手榴弹。  新加坡武装部队军火专家和警方还继续在工地展开挖掘和调查工作。
  警方是在前天下午3时30分接到工地负责人发现二战炸弹的报告后,前去调查。发言人昨晚说,最初的消息是工地工人挖到相信是二战炸弹,但调查时发现挖出来的是一些二战手枪、步枪和手榴弹。
  到昨晚截稿时,警方的挖掘工作还在继续中,相信是要确定工地地下再也没有其他二战遗留军火。
  工地员工昨天告诉记者,他们是在进行挖掘工作时发现地下有类似炸弹的物件,赶紧报警。他说,由于发现地点离开红山地铁站仅120公尺左右,警方因此封锁了一个足球场大小的范围。
  警方说,为方便挖掘工作,工地前面介于亨德申路和东陵路的一段亚历山大路,昨晚关闭大约10分钟。发言人吁请民众不必惊慌。
  工地正在进行Ascentia Sky公寓的兴建工程。该工程由永泰控股建造,属于99年地契项目,共有373个单位。

bargain hunter
19-10-09, 15:28
so it was reported in the newspaper afterall. Great update!

saw it on zaobao http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp091016_021.shtml

jc
20-10-09, 00:45
saw it on zaobao http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp091016_021.shtml

If construction completed n some more r found, Boomz :scared-1: Good luck to the buyers...

wklibran
20-10-09, 13:42
If construction completed n some more r found, Boomz :scared-1: Good luck to the buyers...

at least it is better that they do a thorough search before the project completed...

now i got my thots about metropolitian....

bargain hunter
20-10-09, 15:42
hahaha...BOOMZ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc

Agree. Doesn't bode well for metro.

at least it is better that they do a thorough search before the project completed...

now i got my thots about metropolitian....

Cactus72
20-10-09, 16:45

If they dig and find treasures, will the rightful owners be these condo owners? If the land is freehold, will it be different?

cheerful
20-10-09, 17:11
If they dig and find treasures, will the rightful owners be these condo owners? If the land is freehold, will it be different?

Interesting question ...

"Estate in Fee Simple": The law recognizes this form of estate (ownership) in real estate as the highest form. The property owner is entitled to full enjoyment of the property, limited only by zoning laws, deed or subdivision restrictions or covenants.

The same can't be said for estate in perpetuity as it is still possible for others (e.g. relevant authorities) to access the land to get minerals, etc.etc.

NoodyGirl
20-10-09, 21:16
and buyers get ready to REALLY ascend to the sky...good luck man...

for your health and $
hope u did nit speculate on this project

bargain hunter
21-10-09, 01:19
definitely not! even as market trends up, this project can hardly move.

for your health and $
hope u did nit speculate on this project

Reporter
05-11-09, 12:43
Foreigners back in private home market
Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Thursday, 5 November 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091105/homesales-st.jpg
New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter. -- Photo: Desmond Foo, ST

Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China.

New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

Buyers from China have dislodged those from India for the No. 3 spot in the rankings this year with a contribution of nearly 15% of total foreign purchases. This puts China just behind Indonesia in the second spot and Malaysia at No. 1.

In the past two years, India had been in third spot, but it has slipped to fourth.

Last year, buyers from China had moved up to the No. 4 spot, dislodging buyers from Britain.

Buyers from Myanmar featured more strongly, coming in at No. 8. They did not make it to the top 10 last year, and were 10th in 2007.

In the July to September period, foreign buyers – including permanent residents – lodged 2,448 private home caveats, a key step to buying a home.

This is up from 1,807 caveats in the second quarter and just 498 in the first, according to data compiled by Savills.

In all, permanent residents bought 1,389 homes in the third quarter.

DTZ said its preliminary data for the third quarter showed that foreigners accounted for about 25% of total sales, compared with about 33% during the boom of 2007.

The most popular project sought by foreigners was Sophia Residence, a project launched in July. Then came Caribbean at Keppel Bay, Ascentia Sky, One Devonshire and Viva.

Permanent residents preferred Melville Park, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Simei, the recently launched Trevista, followed by Caribbean at Keppel Bay.

About 54% of the purchases by China buyers were for resale homes, said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

Like Malaysian buyers, buyers from China tend to prefer homes priced between $500,000 and $1 million.

One-fifth of them bought homes costing $1.5 million to as much as $5 million.

Indonesians, however, tended to go for higher priced projects, particularly those priced $1.5 million to $5 million.

They like properties located at Novena, River Valley and the Singapore River.

They had been the biggest group of foreign buyers, taking first place from 2004 to 2007, only to lose the spot to Malaysia during the recent economic crisis, said Ms Christine Sun, Savills Singapore’s senior research & consultancy manager.

The latest figures featured a substantial rise in the number of foreign transactions for higher-priced properties.

A total of 86 properties priced above $5 million were sold in the quarter, up from 27 in the second and a mere six in the first.

Also, there was a 60% rise in deals for projects costing between $1.5 million and $5 million. Demand from foreigners for mass market homes was little changed from the second quarter.

Savills said recent data showed that foreigners who are not permanent residents tend to buy more pricey projects.

This group was also more likely to buy homes in prime districts than permanent residents, said Ms Sun. ‘We are hearing that more of these super-rich mainland Chinese buyers have come in recent weeks to buy prime properties like the bungalows in Sentosa Cove.’

But the big influx of foreigners to the luxury market in the 2006-2007 boom has not quite returned, consultants said.

Still, support from regional buyers could rise further. Jones Lang LaSalle’s head of residential, Ms Jacqueline Wong, said the firm has had rising interest from new potential buyers from India, China and Russia in the past four months.

‘We are one of the places they are considering. They see Singapore as a safe haven,’ said Ms Wong.

A senior private banker at a foreign bank said: ‘We are seeing some clients consider buying a Singapore property as one of a string of homes they have around the world. Luxury homes have come down 30% from the peak, so they are better value now.’

DTZ’s Ms Chua said foreign buyers see the growing attraction of Singapore as a global city and expect prices to keep rising as the economy strengthens.

‘Prices of prime and luxurious units have not reached 2007 levels and there is still the potential of capital appreciation depending on the rate of economic recovery,’ she said.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/ForeignBuyersOnTheRise.jpg

patricia
05-11-09, 13:46
Foreigners back in private home market
Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Thursday, 5 November 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091105/homesales-st.jpg
New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter. -- Photo: Desmond Foo, ST

Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China.

New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

Buyers from China have dislodged those from India for the No. 3 spot in the rankings this year with a contribution of nearly 15% of total foreign purchases. This puts China just behind Indonesia in the second spot and Malaysia at No. 1.

In the past two years, India had been in third spot, but it has slipped to fourth.

Last year, buyers from China had moved up to the No. 4 spot, dislodging buyers from Britain.

Buyers from Myanmar featured more strongly, coming in at No. 8. They did not make it to the top 10 last year, and were 10th in 2007.

In the July to September period, foreign buyers – including permanent residents – lodged 2,448 private home caveats, a key step to buying a home.

This is up from 1,807 caveats in the second quarter and just 498 in the first, according to data compiled by Savills.

In all, permanent residents bought 1,389 homes in the third quarter.

DTZ said its preliminary data for the third quarter showed that foreigners accounted for about 25% of total sales, compared with about 33% during the boom of 2007.

The most popular project sought by foreigners was Sophia Residence, a project launched in July. Then came Caribbean at Keppel Bay, Ascentia Sky, One Devonshire and Viva.

Permanent residents preferred Melville Park, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Simei, the recently launched Trevista, followed by Caribbean at Keppel Bay.

About 54% of the purchases by China buyers were for resale homes, said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

Like Malaysian buyers, buyers from China tend to prefer homes priced between $500,000 and $1 million.

One-fifth of them bought homes costing $1.5 million to as much as $5 million.

Indonesians, however, tended to go for higher priced projects, particularly those priced $1.5 million to $5 million.

They like properties located at Novena, River Valley and the Singapore River.

They had been the biggest group of foreign buyers, taking first place from 2004 to 2007, only to lose the spot to Malaysia during the recent economic crisis, said Ms Christine Sun, Savills Singapore’s senior research & consultancy manager.

The latest figures featured a substantial rise in the number of foreign transactions for higher-priced properties.

A total of 86 properties priced above $5 million were sold in the quarter, up from 27 in the second and a mere six in the first.

Also, there was a 60% rise in deals for projects costing between $1.5 million and $5 million. Demand from foreigners for mass market homes was little changed from the second quarter.

Savills said recent data showed that foreigners who are not permanent residents tend to buy more pricey projects.

This group was also more likely to buy homes in prime districts than permanent residents, said Ms Sun. ‘We are hearing that more of these super-rich mainland Chinese buyers have come in recent weeks to buy prime properties like the bungalows in Sentosa Cove.’

But the big influx of foreigners to the luxury market in the 2006-2007 boom has not quite returned, consultants said.

Still, support from regional buyers could rise further. Jones Lang LaSalle’s head of residential, Ms Jacqueline Wong, said the firm has had rising interest from new potential buyers from India, China and Russia in the past four months.

‘We are one of the places they are considering. They see Singapore as a safe haven,’ said Ms Wong.

A senior private banker at a foreign bank said: ‘We are seeing some clients consider buying a Singapore property as one of a string of homes they have around the world. Luxury homes have come down 30% from the peak, so they are better value now.’

DTZ’s Ms Chua said foreign buyers see the growing attraction of Singapore as a global city and expect prices to keep rising as the economy strengthens.

‘Prices of prime and luxurious units have not reached 2007 levels and there is still the potential of capital appreciation depending on the rate of economic recovery,’ she said.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/ForeignBuyersOnTheRise.jpgReporter, report only in one thread. No need to put your news in so many threads.:simmering:

bargain hunter
05-11-09, 14:02
actually i am quite impressed with him. he just signed a deal to buy a condo today in between his multiple postings this morning and afternoon. got to hand it to him there. :)

Reporter, report only in one thread. No need to put your news in so many threads.:simmering:

Property_Owner
05-11-09, 14:05
actually i am quite impressed with him. he just signed a deal to buy a condo today in between his multiple postings this morning and afternoon. got to hand it to him there. :)

Keeping us in suspense man

bargain hunter
05-11-09, 14:08
yeah lah, was telling him in waterford thread that he has gotten many of us curious.

Keeping us in suspense man

teddybear
05-11-09, 14:43
Which one he buy? Did I miss the post? :ashamed1:

andy
05-11-09, 15:02
Reporter, report only in one thread. No need to put your news in so many threads.:simmering:

Actually the way this forum is structured means Reporter done the right thing. If you are only interested in a particular development and the general news affects multiple developments in the same area, Reporter has no choice but to post it on multiple developments.

Not sure if there is another way when you can comment on news but relevant for a particular development;)

bargain hunter
05-11-09, 15:08
he hasn't said. Only clues are its in D9, not mickey mouse and possibly above 1,000sq ft in size.

Which one he buy? Did I miss the post? :ashamed1:

pearly
05-11-09, 15:57
he hasn't said. Only clues are its in D9, not mickey mouse and possibly above 1,000sq ft in size.

was guessing him on D10, but the clue he gave on 9 makes me more curious :)

bargain hunter
05-11-09, 16:16
yeah, reporter should give us more clues 1 by 1 until one of us gets it right, the game will be hotter than the mcdonald's one LOL! :)

was guessing him on D10, but the clue he gave on 9 makes me more curious :)

teddybear
05-11-09, 20:18
New or resale? If resale then difficult to guess.

Reporter
12-11-09, 22:00
Record $653,000 for flat
Jessica Cheam
The Straits Times
Thursday, 12 November 2009, 10.12 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091112/flat-desmondlim.jpg
Chris Neo (left) and Kelvin Lim (right), seller of the flat Michael Nandakumaran (center), with sold a HDB flat at Blk 48, Strathmore Avenue for a record price of $653k. -- Photo: Desmond Lim, ST

A 4-room Queenstown HDB flat has sold for $653,000, setting a new record for psf, amid continuing red-hot demand for resale flats.

The buyers, a male Indonesian permanent resident and a Singaporean woman, could have bought a condominium unit in an outlying area for the price.

But they were won over by the location, just five minutes walk from Queenstown MRT station, and on the top, 40th floor of the block, with unblocked views of greenery from all windows.

The 4-year-old 969sqft unit at Forfar Heights, Strathmore Avenue, sold for $68,000 above valuation - a level determined by an independent valuer.

This works out to $674 psf, smashing the previous record of $609 psf, achieved in January last year, by about 10%.

This may be an unusually high price but resale prices have been moving up.

xtink
12-11-09, 22:57
even if you remove the COV, it still works out to be $585k just based on valuations alone.....affordable???

Record $653,000 for flat
Jessica Cheam
The Straits Times
Thursday, 12 November 2009, 10.12 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091112/flat-desmondlim.jpg
Chris Neo (left) and Kelvin Lim (right), seller of the flat Michael Nandakumaran (center), with sold a HDB flat at Blk 48, Strathmore Avenue for a record price of $653k. -- Photo: Desmond Lim, ST

A 4-room Queenstown HDB flat has sold for $653,000, setting a new record for psf, amid continuing red-hot demand for resale flats.

The buyers, a male Indonesian permanent resident and a Singaporean woman, could have bought a condominium unit in an outlying area for the price.

But they were won over by the location, just five minutes walk from Queenstown MRT station, and on the top, 40th floor of the block, with unblocked views of greenery from all windows.

The 4-year-old 969sqft unit at Forfar Heights, Strathmore Avenue, sold for $68,000 above valuation - a level determined by an independent valuer.

This works out to $674 psf, smashing the previous record of $609 psf, achieved in January last year, by about 10%.

This may be an unusually high price but resale prices have been moving up.

Allthepies
13-11-09, 07:46
even if you remove the COV, it still works out to be $585k just based on valuations alone.....affordable???

Very affordable if you realise that at this price u couldnt get a penthouse condo unit in that area :D the most u get is a MM or 1/2 a MM unit.

cheerful
13-11-09, 09:38
[.....affordable???

[/quote]

very subjective????

Reporter
16-11-09, 12:28
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Ascentia Sky ..... RCR ........ 161 .......................... 5 ................................ 1,477 ............ 1,282 ............ 1,240
Wow!
Ascentia Sky has set a new high of $1,477 psf in October!
Unbelievable!

dtrax
16-11-09, 12:53
Wow!
Ascentia Sky has set a new high of $1,477 psf in October!
Unbelievable!

ascend to the sky......... but looking at the past records, it is actually not surprising coz this one seems to be the small 2bedder, high floor unit. Maybe the owner really wants to ascend to the sky :)

Reporter
15-01-10, 22:26
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of December 2009

Ascentia Sky .... RCR ....... 162 ....................... 1 ........................... 1,383 ........... 1,383 ........... 1,383
Can't break November's new high of $1,477 psf.

hk2313
29-01-10, 11:31
this seems to sell rather slow, doesnt it ??

Asking for 2 bedder now 1280 psf from developer, guess low floor (dont have the details yet)

wklibran
23-03-10, 13:34
Can't break November's new high of $1,477 psf.

wow, at this price, can get a decent unit in the CBD already...

strangely, this project seems quiet... wonder why the developer is not actively promoting it... fully sold?

NoodyGirl
04-04-10, 19:33
whoever buys at this price can do only 1 thing : get a rich husband or strike Toto
downside unlimited, upside limited :scared-3:

Reporter
04-04-10, 21:53
whoever buys at this price can do only 1 thing : get a rich husband or strike Toto
If a project in D19 OCR can do $1,333 psf, surely $1,477 psf is not too much for Ascentia Sky in D3 RCR right?

If a project in D5 OCR can do $1,332 psf, surely $1,477 psf is not too much for Ascentia Sky in D3 RCR right?

How can RCR be the same as OCR right?

Please be prepared to vacate the OCR $1,200+ psf Club (whose members include Residences Botanique, Glasgow Residences, The Vision, Centro Residences, Trevista, Hundred Trees, Meadows @ Pierce, Serangoon Avenue 3 and Upper Thomson Road) soon!

We may need to rename it to OCR $1,300+ psf Club soon!

Why? What do you mean by why?
Look!
The nëw hïgh for District 19 is now $1,333 psf - not $1,2xx psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of February 2010
Project Name .......... Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Residences Botanique . OCR ....... 135 ....................... 11 .......................... 1,333 ........... 1,063 ........... 910

Now that The Vision has set $1,332 psf hïgh in Phase 1, when are they launching Phase 2?

cher
04-04-10, 22:20
If a project in D19 OCR can do $1,333 psf, surely $1,477 psf is not too much for Ascentia Sky in D3 RCR right?

If a project in D5 OCR can do $1,332 psf, surely $1,477 psf is not too much for Ascentia Sky in D3 RCR right?

How can RCR be the same as OCR right?

That is because this project is in Redhill. Why should i pay $1477 when i can get Metropolitan at $1000-1100 somemore nearer to MRT and i can move in immediately or to rent out to collect rental income instead of waiting for 3 years:D

Reporter
04-04-10, 22:31
That is because this project is in Redhill. Why should i pay $1477 when i can get Metropolitan at $1000-1100 somemore nearer to MRT and i can move in immediately or to rent out to collect rental income instead of waiting for 3 years:D
It is not just D3 Ascentia Sky that has a cheaper-but-older alternative. D19 Residences Botanique has Kovan Melody while D5 The Vision has Blue Horizon.

It depends on what you are trying to compare? New RCR vs old RCR? New RCR vs new OCR?

If you compare new RCR with old RCR, then go ahead and buy almost-1-year-old The Metropolitan as it is cheaper.

jlrx
04-04-10, 23:41

Wrong. Properties should be downside limited, upside unlimited.

Although some members here are quite tired of my news clippings, I have to bring them up now and then to correct wrong statements.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/ShanghaiRoad19200328-1.jpg

What is the downside limit of Mr. Mootiah Chitty's $8,200 (or $1.13 psf) investment? $8,200.

What is the upside? Unlimited!

Shanghai One is today transacted at $1,260 psf (based on condo floor area, not land area). Assuming developer margin of $200 psf and construction cost of $300 psf, the land cost is $760 psf ppr or $760 psf ppr x 2.8 plot ratio = $2,128 psf of land cost.

From $1.13 psf in 1920 to $2,128 psf in 2010 is an increase of 188,218% in 90 years. Applying the same rate of increase to Ascentia Sky, in another 90 years (2100), the price of Ascentia Sky will be $2.37 million psf, or $2.37 billion for a 1,000 sq ft apartment. That's why it is called "Ascentia Sky"! :cheers1:

Deduct 10% due to the fact that it's on 99-years lease and a differential lease premium has to be paid to the Government to approve its future en bloc sale, it will be worth about $2.1 billion per apartment (one apartment is equal to the 6th richest man in Singapore today, Zhong Sheng Jian, Chairman of Yanlord Land).

“The modern banking process manufactures currency out of nothing.”.
- Lord Josiah Stamp, Former Director of the Bank of England (1937)

“At the end fiat money returns to its inner value—zero.”
- Voltaire (21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778)

Reporter
09-04-10, 16:07
That is because this project is in Redhill. Why should i pay $1477 when i can get Metropolitan at $1000-1100 somemore nearer to MRT and i can move in immediately or to rent out to collect rental income instead of waiting for 3 years :DIt is not just D3 Ascentia Sky that has a cheaper-but-older alternative. D19 Residences Botanique has Kovan Melody while D5 The Vision has Blue Horizon.

It depends on what you are trying to compare? New RCR vs old RCR? New RCR vs new OCR?

If you compare new RCR with old RCR, then go ahead and buy almost-1-year-old The Metropolitan as it is cheaper.
Now that The Metropolitan is back at $1,3xx psf, we know you would consider Ascentia Sky cheap at $1,477 psf.

The latest transaction for The Metropolitan.

The Metropolitan Condominium
Address .......................... psf ............... Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
6 Alexandra View #24-03 .... $1,314 psf .... 1,066 sqft .... $1,400,000 .... 19 Mar 10

wklibran
11-04-10, 00:35
Now that The Metropolitan is back at $1,3xx psf, we know you would consider Ascentia Sky cheap at $1,477 psf.

The seller must be laughing all the way to the bank ... such good price. Wonder will phase 2 of Ascentia Sky be pricing even higher given such market sentiment...

Reporter
11-04-10, 21:18
The seller must be laughing all the way to the bank ... such good price. Wonder will phase 2 of Ascentia Sky be pricing even higher given such market sentiment...If Wing Tai choose to keep the Ascentia-Sky's current price, which is about the same as The-Metropolitan-Condo's current price, then the buyers will be laughing all the way to the bank.

wklibran
14-04-10, 13:48
If Wing Tai choose to keep the Ascentia-Sky's current price, which is about the same as The-Metropolitan-Condo's current price, then the buyers will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Does anyone know when is the phase 2 launching? I will like to take a second look, given the rocket launch prices by some other development else where are not as good as this in terms of location and furnishing.

Regulators
14-04-10, 14:48
i remember how the forumers here were criticising 1200psf as being ridiculous for this project, now people are starting to find that reasonable...

wklibran
14-04-10, 17:27
i remember how the forumers here were criticising 1200psf as being ridiculous for this project, now people are starting to find that reasonable...

yap, those were the days... now anything below $1k seems so remote and faraway....

Reporter
09-05-10, 09:14
Wing Tai is having private preview of the Phase 2 units of Ascentia Sky.

All remaining last few units of 2 bedders facing Tanglin side are all sold.

Last week, a high floor unit 2 bedder is sold at $1,580 psf ! :cheers3: $1,580 psf? A nëw hïgh for Ascentia Sky? Wow!

zimmer
10-05-10, 14:32
Noticed soil testing being carried out on the empty plot of land beside Ascentia Sky. Possible upcoming land sale?

wklibran
10-05-10, 17:41
Noticed soil testing being carried out on the empty plot of land beside Ascentia Sky. Possible upcoming land sale?

wonder is it for residential or commerical land sale? :confused:

Reporter
17-05-10, 17:18
Ascentia Sky in District 3 has a nëw hïgh of $1,500 psf!
We shall see $1,580 psf in May!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
Ascentia Sky .... RCR ........ 461 ...................... 144 ........................ 1,500 ........... 1,284 ........... 1,113

NoodyGirl
23-05-10, 21:27
so desperate to buy ! good luck dont jump the queue :doh:

greenhorn
24-05-10, 17:28

Ascentia Sky .... RCR ........ 461 ...................... 144 ........................ 1,500 ........... 1,284 ........... 1,113

Hey Reporter,

Your numbers are wrong again...:tsk-tsk: AS only has 373 units in total. Where did you get 461 units sold todate and 144 units sold in April? Don't cut, past and edit anyhow leh.:doh:

bargain hunter
24-05-10, 19:45
his emphasis is on the 1500psf, you need to ignore the other numbers.

Hey Reporter,

Your numbers are wrong again...:tsk-tsk: AS only has 373 units in total. Where did you get 461 units sold todate and 144 units sold in April? Don't cut, past and edit anyhow leh.:doh:

Reporter
24-05-10, 22:32

Ascentia Sky .... RCR ....... 187 ...................... 19 .......................... 1,500 ........... 1,284 ........... 1,113

wesing
15-07-10, 15:40
Sales of AS considered not bad already in view of the indecent pricing as opined vociferously in this thread.

96% of units launched sold in May.

Released another 40 units in June of which 86% (215 out of 250 units launched) were sold:doh: :doh: :doh:

devilplate
15-07-10, 17:31
Sales of AS considered not bad already in view of the indecent pricing as opined vociferously in this thread.

96% of units launched sold in May.

Released another 40 units in June of which 86% (215 out of 250 units launched) were sold:doh: :doh: :doh:

in comparison, might as well pay for a FH in Tiong Bahru like Twin regency?

blackpepperj
15-07-10, 17:31
Developers are laughing all the way to the bank. :)

wklibran
16-07-10, 08:58
in comparison, might as well pay for a FH in Tiong Bahru like Twin regency?

i understand that the resale asking price for the FH tiong bahru condos are higher than the 'normal' price range of AS units. furthermore, AS is a new development and it is nearer to MRT as compared to the FHs.

honestly speaking, these days, the difference in resale prices for FH and LH is not so big difference, esp in city area..

just my thoughts..:o

bargain hunter
16-07-10, 10:07
i think the main selling point of ascentia sky is "unblocked panaromic north view of GCBs and greenery". something which the FHs in tiong bahru cannot give. i think if u check out the sold chart, u can see that significantly fewer buyers for the side facing mrt/redhill (southern view).

i understand that the resale asking price for the FH tiong bahru condos are higher than the 'normal' price range of AS units. furthermore, AS is a new development and it is nearer to MRT as compared to the FHs.

honestly speaking, these days, the difference in resale prices for FH and LH is not so big difference, esp in city area..

wklibran
16-07-10, 15:25
i think the main selling point of ascentia sky is "unblocked panaromic north view of GCBs and greenery". something which the FHs in tiong bahru cannot give. i think if u check out the sold chart, u can see that significantly fewer buyers for the side facing mrt/redhill (southern view).

i think u r right.. the last time when i went to the showroom in Mar.. most of the 2-bedded units have been snatched up and many good view 3-bedded units are either not released or sold ... wonder how is it now..

cashrich
20-07-10, 07:28

If you need a rule,
between a near MRT and a Not near MRT one... choose the one nearer to MRT.

Next, between a FH & LH near to MRT, Choose the one that is cheaper in psf. Universal truth. If both are near MRT and one is LH and the other FH. The cheaper one is the right one. FH and LH useless in that context as FH sellers are faced with cheaper alternative. Remember the cheaper, better and faster rule?

FH commands a premium only because most people think they should. Their perception becomes a reality. But who really live beyond 50 years after buying the house? Let the next generate worry for themselves. In fact, houses should be sold on a 60 or 30 year lease. Such as Govt studios now.

wklibran
18-11-10, 12:12
If you need a rule,
between a near MRT and a Not near MRT one... choose the one nearer to MRT.

Next, between a FH & LH near to MRT, Choose the one that is cheaper in psf. Universal truth. If both are near MRT and one is LH and the other FH. The cheaper one is the right one. FH and LH useless in that context as FH sellers are faced with cheaper alternative. Remember the cheaper, better and faster rule?

FH commands a premium only because most people think they should. Their perception becomes a reality. But who really live beyond 50 years after buying the house? Let the next generate worry for themselves. In fact, houses should be sold on a 60 or 30 year lease. Such as Govt studios now.

read about AS recently on the papers offering free hokkaido tickets for buyers.. but starting price for 2-bedded is over 1,400 psf... a case of 羊毛出之羊身上?

august
18-11-10, 12:25
to me this project shld hv sold out long ago.. 1400 or even 1500psf is not outlandish considering its location and surroundings..
the reason is not i suspect is the unit layouts which cannot compete with currently popular no bay/w, no planters-config

bargain hunter
18-11-10, 12:39
maybe those facing north should have or has been sold out. facing south ie mrt and hdb then not worth liao at 1400 or 1500. and precisely of the lots of wasted space, that's why 1400 or 1500 is ex and quantum is big. i would re-iterate that the planters are outside the windows ie not accessible by foot and really solely for potted plants.

to me this project shld hv sold out long ago.. 1400 or even 1500psf is not outlandish considering its location and surroundings..
the reason is not i suspect is the unit layouts which cannot compete with currently popular no bay/w, no planters-config

august
18-11-10, 12:44
maybe those facing north should have or has been sold out. facing south ie mrt and hdb then not worth liao at 1400 or 1500. and precisely of the lots of wasted space, that's why 1400 or 1500 is ex and quantum is big. i would re-iterate that the planters are outside the windows ie not accessible by foot and really solely for potted plants.

yes such planter design is really one of a kind and was popular in condos circa early 2000

so overall really very poor design... looks like wing tai got lazy and is now stuck with something dat may amount to functional obsolescence~ :scared-3:

bargain hunter
18-11-10, 13:15
actually, i think wing tai just wanted to maimise their margins. they bid too high (in 2007 peak terms) and were forced to come up with something like this and priced like this so that they can still make a decent profit.

yes such planter design is really one of a kind and was popular in condos circa early 2000

so overall really very poor design... looks like wing tai got lazy and is now stuck with something dat may amount to functional obsolescence~ :scared-3:

wklibran
18-11-10, 21:55
actually, i think wing tai just wanted to maimise their margins. they bid too high (in 2007 peak terms) and were forced to come up with something like this and priced like this so that they can still make a decent profit.

they are quite low key in pushing out the 2nd phase units. did not see any publicity on the papers, mostly sold through private sale.

passby the site just now... think it has been built to about 10 storey now.

loonymaloney
28-03-11, 15:28
hi, any buyers of AS here?
Would like to hear some feedback (positives and negatives) from anyone living in AS?
Many tks!

devilplate
28-03-11, 18:12
hi, any buyers of AS here?
Would like to hear some feedback (positives and negatives) from anyone living in AS?
Many tks!

AS not TOP rite....:confused: