PDA

View Full Version : Selling your property without an agent...

i12buyhouse
10-02-09, 15:38
We have seen some dirty tricks played by housing agent in dealing with property transaction recently in local newspaper. I am not surprise as I have experienced before, and nearly fall into such trap. One should not believe totally what the agent said, therefore should verify truthfulness of their claims all the time.:doh:

As a seller to protect our full interest, I decided to market and sell my property in mid of 2008 on my own without engaged an agent . It was a great experience rewarded with saving in agent fees of 1-2%. We started with advertising (newspaper & online property web portal) , showing buyer around , negotiate a deal , engaging lawyer and closing the deal all on our own. The whole process cost us less than $100 (mainly in newspaper advertising) . I know my property better than any agent , I deal directly with potential buyer , I shared with them openly. More importantly, I give my full attention on this deal; rather depend on some agent which has many other properties on hand or other agenda.

Both myself and wify are not in sale&market portfolio. Yet , we managed to so it without any problems. Seller out there, pls DIY. As a potential buyer, I prefer to deal direct with you too to achieve win-win deal.

vin002
10-02-09, 16:04
Hehe... Although I agree that it will be a win-win situation for both buyer and seller to deal direct, as a buyer, I prefer to buy from agent. Especially in the property market downturn.

I managed to bargain down my price from advertised price by $60K. By going to 2 agents for the same property, the agents cut throat themselves.

Finally, the agent that has the upper hand (holding the otp) willing to sell me at a lower despite I quoted another agent at a higher price. I guess the agent did not want to share the commission. BTW, the price difference is $10K.:D

Both myself and wify are not in sale&market portfolio. Yet , we managed to so it without any problems. Seller out there, pls DIY. As a potential buyer, I prefer to deal direct with you too to achieve win-win deal.

kal
10-02-09, 20:36
We have seen some dirty tricks played by housing agent in dealing with property transaction recently in local newspaper. I am not surprise as I have experienced before, and nearly fall into such trap. One should not believe totally what the agent said, therefore should verify truthfulness of their claims all the time.:doh:

As a seller to protect our full interest, I decided to market and sell my property in mid of 2008 on my own without engaged an agent . It was a great experience rewarded with saving in agent fees of 1-2%. We started with advertising (newspaper & online property web portal) , showing buyer around , negotiate a deal , engaging lawyer and closing the deal all on our own. The whole process cost us less than $100 (mainly in newspaper advertising) . I know my property better than any agent , I deal directly with potential buyer , I shared with them openly. More importantly, I give my full attention on this deal; rather depend on some agent which has many other properties on hand or other agenda.

which trade no dirty trick?? so many lawyers squandered clients money last few year.. So u going to study law and do it yrself? Every trade hv bad sheep la...

i12buyhouse
11-02-09, 08:03
Sell a house on your own does not need to spend 4 to 5 years in law schools. Every owner can to do it with arm reach with some spare time. The return is definitely more than your investment .

I don’t see what value the agent can add to as compare to DIY. But , they are collecting 10 over thousand when the deal is clicked.

I am not sure what is your profession, unfortunately if you happen to be an property agent. I am a bit worry about your clients because you believe in tricking your client is a norm.

which trade no dirty trick?? so many lawyers squandered clients money last few year.. So u going to study law and do it yrself? Every trade hv bad sheep la...

hycondo
11-02-09, 12:20

Do all your potential buyers comes direct? How do you deal with Agents that bring down their clients?

i12buyhouse
11-02-09, 13:21
Do all your potential buyers comes direct? How do you deal with Agents that bring down their clients?

Yes , potential buyer will call you up. Then , I shared with buyer on the unit once they call up , make an appointment with them and show them around.

It is good becuase both parties can share concern directly without going thru third party subjected to filtering. You will be surpirse that some buyer would share their experience and comment even they did not choose our house.

Agent won't deal with me since I am not paying them. Buy I did encounter some agent pretended to be potential buyer to view my house.

graveyard
24-12-14, 12:28

hi - may i know which online property portal did you use to sell your place? i realized only agents are allowed to advertise on propertyguru portal

donut8888
27-01-16, 16:48
hi - may i know which online property portal did you use to sell your place? i realized only agents are allowed to advertise on propertyguru portal

ST classified has many viewers but directproperty.com.sg is free