PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice

Bell78
01-02-09, 19:00
Hi all, I have been looking at this unit and was almost about to put up an offer when my parents advised me to wait another 6 months as prices will definitely go lower. I am now really confused as to whether I should wait in this current climate or just go for it if I have found a place which I like and which matches the bank's valuation. Any advice/comments would be appreciated, thank you!

august
01-02-09, 19:50
2 possibilities:
1) u buy it now & find out 6 mths later u overpaid.
2) u wait 6 mths, unit sold in the mean time and no longer available

current climate not good, probably will get worse.
so depends how badly you want THIS particular unit.

Bell78
01-02-09, 21:06
2 possibilities:

Yup, tt's precisely what we're agonising over, either wait and risk losing the aptment or buy it now and kick ourselves for overpaying 6 mths later. We're having problems deciding cos although the location is ideal for me and my husband (in terms of work place/parents' place/quite central) but the rooms are a little on the small side and the conservancy is high ($350 for a 3 bedroom).

Gen Sahiro
01-02-09, 21:07
What August said is very true.....But since you will be buying for your own stay (not investment), the only comfort is to tell yourself that you will NOT regret later and say "Should have waited...". It is the buyers market now and you have an edge. Bank's valuation in the hay days also matched S&P price, so Bank's valuation is really of no value to us buyers. Patience pays.....

Bell78
01-02-09, 21:16
I was quite amused today when my husband asked how much I think property prices would fall in the next 6 mths...yeah, if I knew, I wouldn't have a headache now! Been trying to read up online but it seems there are conflicting views, some say it will drop but not a lot but some say a lot...feels like it's anyone's guess....

Gen Sahiro
01-02-09, 21:22
Yup, it is anyone's guess and no one has a crystal ball. Hence, my view is : If it is something that you are buying for your own stay and like it very much, then just do it and not look at the transacted prices again.

Party
01-02-09, 21:39
Hi,

Maintenance charges is normal for a typical 3bed ($350) cause the share value of a 3 bed will be higher, in case of en blocked in future you will be paid accordindy to your per share. Hope this piece of info helps........

august
01-02-09, 21:45
What August said is very true.....But since you will be buying for your own stay (not investment), the only comfort is to tell yourself that you will NOT regret later and say "Should have waited...". It is the buyers market now and you have an edge. Bank's valuation in the hay days also matched S&P price, so Bank's valuation is really of no value to us buyers. Patience pays.....

Even for own stay, regret can also come in terms of better units available.. hehe

bell78, if u absolutely loves THIS unit, then the answer is clear, otherwise for me i'll wait for a choice unit before agonising

Bell78
01-02-09, 22:15
Hi,

Maintenance charges is normal for a typical 3bed ($350) cause the share value of a 3 bed will be higher, in case of en blocked in future you will be paid accordindy to your per share. Hope this piece of info helps........

Hmm...I had the impression that $350 is ex cos my friend stays at a 3-bedroom in Balestier and she's paying $260. Hers is a fairly small devt. I also heard Raintree is $250 for 3-bedroom.

Bell78
01-02-09, 22:19
Even for own stay, regret can also come in terms of better units available.. hehe

bell78, if u absolutely loves THIS unit, then the answer is clear, otherwise for me i'll wait for a choice unit before agonising

That's the problem, we love the location and the layout of the unit but find the size of the rooms a bit disconcerting, seems rather small compared to other devts. So we are trying to decide whether it's worth the "sacrifice" (so to speak) by buying a place with tiny rooms but in a good location.

Bell78
01-02-09, 22:23
Just wanted to add tt i just had a seriously long discussion with my husband and we're seriously getting nowhere. Somehow I can't help thinking tt if we can't even decide after all these discussion, then perhaps we don't love the apartment enough (either that or we're really bad at discussing...)

I think perhaps we're just tired of the search, we're one of those couples who wanted to get a place since 2006 but couldn't find anything suitable as prices were shooting up :(

isaaclim
02-02-09, 00:18
Just wanted to add tt i just had a seriously long discussion with my husband and we're seriously getting nowhere. Somehow I can't help thinking tt if we can't even decide after all these discussion, then perhaps we don't love the apartment enough (either that or we're really bad at discussing...)

I think perhaps we're just tired of the search, we're one of those couples who wanted to get a place since 2006 but couldn't find anything suitable as prices were shooting up :(

Maybe by telling us more info about the said unit then you can obtain more constructive comment

focus
02-02-09, 01:09
You mentioned you were looking for a place since 2006? That's like 2 yrs in the making?
I think seriously, it is you two having problems not the place.

Two of you are afraid of making a major financial commitment.
That's why both dare not stick to the gun.
I thought 2006 was quite an alright time since price then was still very acceptable.

Anyway, I have friends who are like that. They have been talking about wanting to buy since eons but when you drilled deeper, it seems they dare not take on such financial commitments even though their combined income is already around $12k.

For buying a property, i think the main consideration would be to work out how much you realistically can afford in installment and then set your budget around that area and then if you find one apartment you like at your budget, then you make a decision. 'Coz there will always be better ones if you wait.. (i think that's what you were doing since 2006?)

Bell78
02-02-09, 01:11
Maybe by telling us more info about the said unit then you can obtain more constructive comment

It's mera springs, 1,227 sqft for 980,000.

Bell78
02-02-09, 01:17
You mentioned you were looking for a place since 2006? That's like 2 yrs in the making?
I think seriously, it is you two having problems not the place.

Two of you are afraid of making a major financial commitment.
That's why both dare not stick to the gun.
I thought 2006 was quite an alright time since price then was still very acceptable.

Anyway, I have friends who are like that. They have been talking about wanting to buy since eons but when you drilled deeper, it seems they dare not take on such financial commitments even though their combined income is already around $12k.

For buying a property, i think the main consideration would be to work out how much you realistically can afford in installment and then set your budget around that area and then if you find one apartment you like at your budget, then you make a decision. 'Coz there will always be better ones if you wait.. (i think that's what you were doing since 2006?)

Yes, tt's true. I think we both find the idea of taking on a loan quite daunting...but in 2006, the places which our agent showed us then were already rather overpriced. It became worse when it shot up more quickly than we expected.

august
02-02-09, 09:45
Yes, tt's true. I think we both find the idea of taking on a loan quite daunting...but in 2006, the places which our agent showed us then were already rather overpriced. It became worse when it shot up more quickly than we expected.

yes taking a big loan can be daunting. Under current climate also need to factor in worst case scenarios, like wat if one of u lose job etc.

I met a friend, couple in early 30s last week for kopitiam lunch, they r somewhat asset rich cash poor. Both drives own car, and upgraded to a condo in '08. They are quite apparently overstretched, but luckily both work in civil service so rather stable. Friend hates his job but cannot leave for obvious reasons.

everyone's risk appetitie is diff. There is really no good advice, u just have to discuss with ur other half all possibilities and contingencies. :)

SL
02-02-09, 10:15
Bell78.. first we must understand that there can be many private agenda in many of the postings in this forum (and other related ones). Next, whether the market will trend down is anyone's guess but the psf trend does not take into considerations if a unit is high-floor, good-facing, or well renovated. Since you are looking for a place to live in, you can always try to bargain the price down. One does not have to wait till the general market has bottom-out before buying (in the first place info on market bottom-out is always on hindsight) because you can always try to price your target unit forward. Like what other say, this unit that your heart is going out for may not be there 3 or 6 months down. What's available then (at a cheaper psf, in the same condo) may something that you can live in. Is that what you want?

In case you start to ponder, I'm like some people here waiting for opportunity to strike to buy a unit and what I have share in the above is always in my mind.

Party
02-02-09, 10:17
Hi Bell,

Blessing in disguise that you haven't brought your dream home in 08'
Prices today is not much diffrernt in 06' (mera spring). i would says at $798psf for a freehold apart is reasonable. Fact is prices won't drop so dramastic for these "home stay" apart. Not much of ppl will specluate these unit.

edwin78
02-02-09, 10:41
Hi Bell,

Don't know if this helps. But I have also seen that particular unit and feel its a fair price given the current market. But I guess I will be holding as:

1) Luanch price around 6xx psf.
2) Adjacent units can look into ur mbdrm
3) Lots of developments around the same area with better specs. Can afford to wait for mkt price drop.

Just my 2 cts worth, but don't know how this will affect your decision though as I have just highlighted some cons, but now you know that there are also others like me eyeing the units closely. :)

Bell78
02-02-09, 10:58
Thanks for the advice everyone, it's good to hear different views so that we don't rush blindly into anything. Generally, we tot the price seemed ok currently given the location + FH, but the cons are also there, like small rooms, high conservancy and facing expressway (noise and dust). I know there's prob no such thing as a perfect unit (unless one pays thru the nose for it), but we do have to decide if it's worth putting up with the cons for a good location, esp since this is for home stay.

Edwin78 - Did u find the rooms at mera springs very tiny? We were quite concerned by how small they were.

xtink
02-02-09, 11:55
is there still a showflat avaiable for mera springs?

isaaclim
02-02-09, 12:21
Thanks for the advice everyone, it's good to hear different views so that we don't rush blindly into anything. Generally, we tot the price seemed ok currently given the location + FH, but the cons are also there, like small rooms, high conservancy and facing expressway (noise and dust). I know there's prob no such thing as a perfect unit (unless one pays thru the nose for it), but we do have to decide if it's worth putting up with the cons for a good location, esp since this is for home stay.

Edwin78 - Did u find the rooms at mera springs very tiny? We were quite concerned by how small they were.

Is there any specific reason to stay at that location?

I think another point need to consider is - It is on the "other" side of CTE.

This is a major reason for it not able to touch 1.5kpsf even in 2007.

If you really want to stay around that area, i would recommend you to consider Park Infinia. :)

i12buyhouse
02-02-09, 12:26

2 possibilities:
Chances this will happen is more than 80%. The question is how many % lower as compare to today asking. I personnally believe it will fall another 10-15%. Hence 100K to 150K cheaper.

I rejected an offer in Jan 08 to buy over my house , at that time subprime crisis already started in US. Hence , I was struggling if I rejected this offer will I be worse off to look for another buyer. Fortunately , I sold my house in July with 15K more than my previous offer. Hence , it may not be bad to wait. There are many good unit out there, don't forsake the jungle because of one tree.

There is no good or bad time to buy house. But u must set some criteria to safe guard your investment. For me, I don;t mind to commit if both my wife and me like the unit and it must be at least 10% lesser than current market value.

It is stupid to say it does not matter when u buy an own stay house. If u over paid , it is still your money. Be it 100K or 150K, it will take u years of saving to accumulate that amount and extra years for u to clear off the loan with your bank

august
02-02-09, 12:46
There is no good or bad time to buy house. But u must set some criteria to safe guard your investment. For me, I don;t mind to commit if both my wife and me like the unit and it must be at least 10% lesser than current market value.

It is stupid to say it does not matter when u buy an own stay house. If u over paid , it is still your money. Be it 100K or 150K, it will take u years of saving to accumulate that amount and extra years for u to clear off the loan with your bank

ya agree, remember those who overpaid for bishan hdbs in the 90s, even the boom of past 2 yrs never rose to the same level again..

Bell78
02-02-09, 13:23
Is there any specific reason to stay at that location?

I think another point need to consider is - It is on the "other" side of CTE.

This is a major reason for it not able to touch 1.5kpsf even in 2007.

If you really want to stay around that area, i would recommend you to consider Park Infinia. :)

Yup, cos it's near workplace and parents.

Park Infinia is a bit ex... :(

Bell78
02-02-09, 13:26

Agreed. Even if it is a relatively small amt of money, it's always good to save whenever u can.

But we were also wondering if the price fall would affect mera springs if the occupants are currently own stay and have holding power. Wldn't tt be more for new devts/speculators?

korianary
02-02-09, 13:41
Hi all,
I did take a look at Mera Springs as well, and I had a few concerns

1. The CTE just beside it
2. Rooms seem alittle small, but the sitting area pretty spacious
3. Lack of privacy due to the design of the 2 blocks looking into one another
4. The environment, with older housing around it with little greenery.

Not sure if you all had the same input for those who had seen it already.

vin002
02-02-09, 13:43
Yup, cos it's near workplace and parents.

Park Infinia is a bit ex... :(

Firstly, near workplace and parents is not something that can really put into value. This is priceless. I have a hard time sourcing for a condo that is near my parents due to our children are being taken care by them. The reason for the hard time is due to the prices of condo near my parents are too expensive.

If you really interested in the Condo, I suggest that you look at the advertising and see how many units are currently being listed to resell.
What is the highest per sq ft sold and the lowest per sqft sold. What is the per sq ft price you willing to pay.

Yes, the price may drop further, but if not many units are selling and you have waited for the price to drop, the chances are that you may not get the unit you prefer.

I am not an expert in housing or Mera Spring. But I do know that if if a particular unit layout or facing is popular, the chances of losing it is higher.

Since now is the buyer market, you can offer the price below bank valuation. This will give you the comfort or buffer should the price drop further. However, when the market turns around, you may not be able to do that.

I always belive that let others earn a bit is fine since they are holding the unit for you when you cannot afford. However, you must be able to guess the original buying price of the the seller such as if he/she purchase during the launch and what is the average launch price. What are the high and low prices around the area. Under normal circumsatances, noone will sell their unit below the launch price and if they do, most likely they are already faced with difficulty. So do you still want to drive the person to the wall under such circumstances?

My 2 cents. 8)

isaaclim
02-02-09, 13:46
Agreed. Even if it is a relatively small amt of money, it's always good to save whenever u can.

But we were also wondering if the price fall would affect mera springs if the occupants are currently own stay and have holding power. Wldn't tt be more for new devts/speculators?

Unless the project is very unique. Otherwise, if your similar neighbor apartment is "crashing". Yours will also face the same fortune.

Have you visited Park Infinia? Their showflat is still open for viewing.

Seriously, if I die die need to stay at that area, i will wait for CSR. It is going to break the 700psf level soon.

Bell78
02-02-09, 13:50
Hi all,
I did take a look at Mera Springs as well, and I had a few concerns

1. The CTE just beside it
2. Rooms seem alittle small, but the sitting area pretty spacious
3. Lack of privacy due to the design of the 2 blocks looking into one another
4. The environment, with older housing around it with little greenery.

Not sure if you all had the same input for those who had seen it already.

Yup, totally agree. This was the same feeling we had, as well as comments from some others who viewed it. The noise from the CTE (even though our block is not really facing it), the dust, the really tiny rooms which can only fit a small single bed and a small desk...and the equally tiny master bedroom which can only fit a queen size bed. We didn't notice anything about the lack of privacy though, maybe cos the block nearby appeared to be largely unoccupied. In fact, the more we looked at it, the more problems we had with the devt itself (and not just tt particular unit)...

That said, for the location and price, we initially tot it was still ok cos others in the same area are at least $1,000 psf now. But now we're starting to have 2nd tots for the reasons above.

korianary
02-02-09, 13:57
I suppose that is why the price seems attractive in comparison to other projects like Park Infina that is offered at 1k psf. Park Infina is a bigger project, with more facilities.

Any relatively new projects in the area that is worth considering but yet affordable? I suppose it will b great to find a new project like mera springs less all the negativity and at the same pricing range.

Bell78
02-02-09, 14:07
Unless the project is very unique. Otherwise, if your similar neighbor apartment is "crashing". Yours will also face the same fortune.

Have you visited Park Infinia? Their showflat is still open for viewing.

Seriously, if I die die need to stay at that area, i will wait for CSR. It is going to break the 700psf level soon.

Nope not yet, I think I will check it out.

Hmm...no offence, but am not too keen on CSR surroundings. That's the one with 900 over units right?

Bell78
02-02-09, 14:09
I suppose that is why the price seems attractive in comparison to other projects like Park Infina that is offered at 1k psf. Park Infina is a bigger project, with more facilities.

Any relatively new projects in the area that is worth considering but yet affordable? I suppose it will b great to find a new project like mera springs less all the negativity and at the same pricing range.

The other one is the merlot, I haven't viewed any units there though. Doesn't seem great either.

Mera Springs was apparently going for $680 psf in mid 2006, it just TOPed this yr. Would you all consider an asking price of $774 to be too high above the launch price? I'm not quite sure how this works actually.

isaaclim
02-02-09, 14:13
Yup, totally agree. This was the same feeling we had, as well as comments from some others who viewed it. The noise from the CTE (even though our block is not really facing it), the dust, the really tiny rooms which can only fit a small single bed and a small desk...and the equally tiny master bedroom which can only fit a queen size bed. We didn't notice anything about the lack of privacy though, maybe cos the block nearby appeared to be largely unoccupied. In fact, the more we looked at it, the more problems we had with the devt itself (and not just tt particular unit)...

That said, for the location and price, we initially tot it was still ok cos others in the same area are at least $1,000 psf now. But now we're starting to have 2nd tots for the reasons above.

I knew it! A lots of people miss up the point that it is in the "other" side.

Some corn head agent will say "It is less then 800m from Novena MRT".
Bull shit! It is not accessible by bus 11. Unless you want your name to be in newspaper.

isaaclim
02-02-09, 14:25
Nope not yet, I think I will check it out.

Hmm...no offence, but am not too keen on CSR surroundings. That's the one with 900 over units right?

Sure. It is not so suitable for own stay. But it can be served as a "parking slot" for investment. Nowsaday, almost all investment go into negative zone.

i12buyhouse
02-02-09, 14:26
If residential property price drop , it will definitely affect any projects. Economic downturn affect everyone. An owner who need money for his business to turn around would sell down. Some owner may owns another 1 or 2 properties which going to TOP soon and not able to get loan. Retrenchment and salary freeze is on your way. The situation will be more and more complicated as Singapore heading into 2009 (the worse is yet to come). Pls remember that property has 6 months lagging effect after the economic bottom up.

Looking at the residential property index issued by URA , Q3 08 drop 2.4% and Q4 08 drop 6.1%. As u can see the price trend is starting to fall sharper. The price has to be stabilize (going horizontally) two to three quarter before it head north. No one know when it will happen , so I am betting it will be stabilize between Sep 09 to Mar 10. What I am saying is just a bet, but if someone told u that the property price has bottom up, then he/she could be your enemy or dumb.

korianary
02-02-09, 14:26
I agree... the view is really not much to look at. Facing is serangoon... with old buildings and houses.

I suppose, everything comes with a price. Maybe at 500psf, i won't mind considering it. haa

Bell78
02-02-09, 14:30
I agree... the view is really not much to look at. Facing is serangoon... with old buildings and houses.

I suppose, everything comes with a price. Maybe at 500psf, i won't mind considering it. haa

Hehehe, definitely. My hubby and I were saying if the price is lower, more incentive to buy :)

isaaclim
02-02-09, 15:01
Hehehe, definitely. My hubby and I were saying if the price is lower, more incentive to buy :)

By the way, i am very curious to know how old are you? Base on your nickname, my wild guess is you are born in 1978. Do you think it is too young to consider a FH property at that location at this age?

Why don't consider a property near MRT? Easier to get attractive return in shorter term.

Bell78
02-02-09, 15:19
By the way, i am very curious to know how old are you? Base on your nickname, my wild guess is you are born in 1978. Do you think it is too young to consider a FH property at that location at this age?

Why don't consider a property near MRT? Easier to get attractive return in shorter term.

Yup, am born in 78 :) Really? U mean in terms of pricing or wat? Or u mean I can afford to get a relatively new LH near MRT for cheaper price now and move?

Bell78
02-02-09, 15:23
Yup, am born in 78 :) Really? U mean in terms of pricing or wat? Or u mean I can afford to get a relatively new LH near MRT for cheaper price now and move?

Sorry if my questions sound a bit silly, as u can tell, i'm not very experienced when it comes to house hunting...

korianary
02-02-09, 15:59
My personal view is that FH will be a better choice to stay. Where as 99 years can still be attractive if it is meant for rental investment as it can give a higher yield.

I believe that the readiness to buy a private property will depend on how much savings you have accumulated and a decent stable wage.

Just my 2cents

isaaclim
02-02-09, 16:10
Sorry if my questions sound a bit silly, as u can tell, i'm not very experienced when it comes to house hunting...

Mera spring can be a very nice "mickey mouse" project to stay. But it is located in the middle of everythings. Yet next to CTE - the other side of CTE. Do you ever exp the traffic jam in CTE during friday night? lol...

Is 800psf consider a cheap price? Hard to comment. But the fact is you are pocketing almost 200k to previous owner.

The best option now is to rent or stay with parents. But if this is not your choice, buy a unit that have greater potential. 2 bedroom unit is more then enough for a family size of three. Even not so bad for 4 if children are still young. So get a unit near MRT, when your family grew bigger then sell it off and more to a bigger unit. That is how life progress..! :) Maybe after 1-2 round of this, you may reach the right age to consider FH at the location that is more suitable for retirement.

If you are very particular about size, move a bit further. There are still lots of choices. Remember it is buyer market now.

Time is on your side now, spent a bit more time you will sure find better unit.

korianary
02-02-09, 16:48
Isaac,

I couldn't agree anymore that housing prices to drop further. If this is going to be a deep prolonged recession, condo prices cannot stay at this current level (above launch price). But its difficult to tell how much psf will be the bottom.

I would rather rent out now and wait out the storm before buying a home as this is a big ticket item that must be made prudently.

cadenza
02-02-09, 21:05
If I were you, will wait as well. Of course unless I/family is desperate to move.

repanse71
03-02-09, 16:30
Hi

I have been house hunting for 1 year too. Many times, my wife and I argued over every small things, and it meant it's not the ONE. When it's the ONE, both of you will know it. It happens to us. The moment we drove into the development and step in the unit, the feeling of HOME is strong. Just be true to your feelings.

However, both you and your hubby must first be ready to assume financial responsibility that comes with home ownership, else no time house-hunting further.

The price will go up and down. I have a friend who's waiting for years. He missed the earlier boat thinking price will go down further and worried about job security. When price going up, he complained incessantly. Now with falling prices, he's again thinking price will go down further and worried about job security. No end :-(

BTW, we bought the place... but baby comes... so can't move to be near parents for next 2 years and therefore rent out... The place is homely and convenient and in good location, the rental covers everything $$$ with 10% extra cash. We are using 100% CPF for installment next 12 months, the cash rental we received will be our renovation budget :D:D:D

Ultimately, its location + location + location with huge feely doses of HOME

Regards

If I were you, will wait as well. Of course unless I/family is desperate to move.

Gen Sahiro
03-02-09, 21:20

Haha......that's true.....why not right. Get a choice unit for a better price. Keep the rest of the $ for better usage

gfoo
03-02-09, 21:59
my turn to agonize, and i need advice from the pros here.

I have shortlisted 2 properties in the balmoral and across the road vicinity:
both are small developments with low density/good land area
both are TOPed late 2008/2009
both are 2 bedrooms, FH, and very little facilities
both are offering me 20% below 2006 launch prices
both current prices are about 50% below 2007 highs
both prices are already 30% below current asking prices of the vicinity in the papers
i am buying for own stay & will be paying about 50% upfront
i am 31, small business owner, and have accumulated 10-15yrs of expenses reserves which i am not touching in this property transaction.my questions are:
is this a good price to enter now? or should i wait?
if i wait, what PSF for that area would be fair value?
for A, i can service 100% via CPF monthly. for B, i have to top up $800pm in cash on top of CPF. which should i go for?
even if option A - can i afford it?thanks in advance!!!

isaaclim
03-02-09, 23:02
my turn to agonize, and i need advice from the pros here.

I have shortlisted 2 properties in the balmoral and across the road vicinity:
both are small developments with low density/good land area
both are TOPed late 2008/2009
both are 2 bedrooms, FH, and very little facilities
both are offering me 20% below 2006 launch prices
both current prices are about 50% below 2007 highs
both prices are already 30% below current asking prices of the vicinity in the papers
i am buying for own stay & will be paying about 50% upfront
i am 31, small business owner, and have accumulated 10-15yrs of expenses reserves which i am not touching in this property transaction.my questions are:
is this a good price to enter now? or should i wait?
if i wait, what PSF for that area would be fair value?
for A, i can service 100% via CPF monthly. for B, i have to top up $800pm in cash on top of CPF. which should i go for?
even if option A - can i afford it?thanks in advance!!!

Ah! Balmoral. 50% is still 1k+.
People stay at that area can only for two reasons:
1. Act rich
2. For child education.

Since you still young, most likely you are for 1. :)

gfoo
03-02-09, 23:07
Ah! Balmoral. 50% is still 1k+.
People stay at that area can only for two reasons:
1. Act rich
2. For child education.

Since you still young, most likely you are for 1. :)
what you mean 50% is still 1k+? dun understand

lol no need to act rich, coz i'm nowhere close to rich. but that area is within my affordability range quantum wise, and it's quite nice and peaceful, and close to my parent's place. both units do not have planter or substantial balcony space vs some i have seen in d15, so to me although d15 units are larger, they feel the same and quantum wise, just very slightly more

it's either that or d15, but d15 i'm scared will become too dense

august
03-02-09, 23:12

lol no need to act rich, coz i'm poor and nowhere close to rich. but that area is within my affordability range quantum wise, and it's quite nice and peaceful, and close to my parent's place.

think is individual preferences ba..

for myself if for own stay amenities is important, mrt, shops, food etc

so while balmoral and bt timah stretch gives me the exclusive and good feeling, not so practical for me.. i stress again is just my preference for own stay.. u will hv yours.

gfoo
03-02-09, 23:17
think is individual preferences ba..

for myself if for own stay amenities is important, mrt, shops, food etc

so while balmoral and bt timah stretch gives me the exclusive and good feeling, not so practical for me.. i stress again is just my preference for own stay.. u will hv yours.

yeah i'm kinda mixed feelings about that too.

balmoral must ride bicycle 5mins to united sq, novena. east coast the makan places just outside. d15 amenities are far superior, but so's the noise and complexity.

sigh, still confused

both d15 and balmoral same price in terms of quantum. both d15 and balmoral feel similar size in terms of feel, as d15 has much more planter and balcony space

isaaclim
03-02-09, 23:24

lol no need to act rich, coz i'm poor and nowhere close to rich. but that area is within my affordability range quantum wise, and it's quite nice and peaceful, and close to my parent's place.

Most development there was above 2k in 2007. So 50% of 2k, isn't it still above 1k?

Last year, there was some discussion that they will be MRT station in Bukit timah area. Got any idea?

august
03-02-09, 23:33
Most development there was above 2k in 2007. So 50% of 2k, isn't it still above 1k?

Last year, there was some discussion that they will be MRT station in Bukit timah area. Got any idea?

yes downtown line coming to bt timah... in 2015

isaaclim
03-02-09, 23:41
yeah i'm kinda mixed feelings about that too.

balmoral must ride bicycle 5mins to united sq, novena. east coast the makan places just outside. d15 amenities are far superior, but so's the noise and complexity.

sigh, still confused

both d15 and balmoral same price in terms of quantum. both d15 and balmoral feel similar size in terms of feel, as d15 has much more planter and balcony space

Unit with big balcony/planter space is going to face more depreciation in value due to new regulation in current market situation.

xtink
04-02-09, 14:18
why is this so? can enlighten?

Unit with big balcony/planter space is going to face more depreciation in value due to new regulation in current market situation.

proud owner
04-02-09, 14:37
d15 = district 15 ?

personally i wont go d15 and 16

its one of the most densely populated area ... so what if they have loads of eateries ? the roads are so narrow , no where to park , everywhere crowded ....

when prices fall .. and you want to sell .. you will be one of the 1000's trying to sell ...

isaaclim
04-02-09, 15:19
why is this so? can enlighten?

Projected approved before can count the size of balcony in their selling price. With new regulation, developer can no longer do this "steal chicken touch egg" business anymore.

So, smart buyer will use this as an excuse to discount the asking price from seller.

gfoo
04-02-09, 17:41
d15 = district 15 ?

personally i wont go d15 and 16

its one of the most densely populated area ... so what if they have loads of eateries ? the roads are so narrow , no where to park , everywhere crowded ....

when prices fall .. and you want to sell .. you will be one of the 1000's trying to sell ...

valid point