View Full Version : Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

wesing
21-07-10, 09:15
:) First sub-sales have been lodged for Meadow...

Is it the 1200 sq ft unit transacted at $1000 psf in June 2010 as shown in the URA website?

This may not be sub-sale since this project was only sold out in April and I think it is still possible for the buyer who bought in April to exercise option in June.

CLOVERLUV
21-07-10, 19:14
:rolleyes:
Is it the 1200 sq ft unit transacted at $1000 psf in June 2010 as shown in the URA website?

This may not be sub-sale since this project was only sold out in April and I think it is still possible for the buyer who bought in April to exercise option in June. Is comfirm a sub-sale, for a clearer picture you can try to log in to this webpage http://www.streetsine.com/main.html#postalcode-787130-CND.

devilplate
21-07-10, 19:26
626 Upper Thomson Road #04-07
Freehold
$939
$1142k
28 Aug 09

Freehold
$1000
$1216k
07 Jun 10

still a subsale but not profitable

biggest winner goes to......AGENT:eek:

spikey69
21-07-10, 21:07
:rolleyes: Is comfirm a sub-sale, for a clearer picture you can try to log in to this webpage http://www.streetsine.com/main.html#postalcode-787130-CND.

am i missing something - now i cannot find the info on streetsine any more. U have to pay $35 for a property report to get data for the exact unit sold

Komo
21-07-10, 21:40
Seems a good deal for the buyer!

Freehold
$939
$1142k
28 Aug 09

Freehold
$1000
$1216k
07 Jun 10

CLOVERLUV
21-07-10, 21:58
[quote=spikey69]am i missing something - now i cannot find the info on streetsine any more. U have to pay $35 for a property report to get data for the exact unit sold[/quote Is free.You can just view it from the transaction data.

kane
22-07-10, 00:22
Freehold
$939
$1142k
28 Aug 09

Freehold
$1000
$1216k
07 Jun 10

using a sledgehammer to kill an ant. $1.1mio to make $40k.

wesing
22-07-10, 09:35
Got 40k meh?

Selling price $1,216,000 minus purchased price $1,142,000, stamp duty ($28,860), lawyer fee for both purchase and sale ($5,000), bank cancellation fee (0.5% of 80% loan = $4,568) and 2% agent commission ($24,320) = $11,252 only. Even IRAS and the agent make more than this dude and they do not face any risk:D :D :D

Just below 4% return on a inital capital outlay of $286,120 (20% downpayment plus stamp duty) in less than 10 months. Worth taking the risk for:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Fully agreed with Kane - 杀鸡焉用牛刀:doh: :doh:

devilplate
22-07-10, 10:49
tats y i mentioned AGENT is the biggest winner....assuming if its the same agt who help he/she bot it and sell it again...wow...haha:D

u will be surprised that many buyers/sellers r not so savvy....those who know how to surf net and especially this forum to get more info on ppty is very very savvy oredi....alot of the buyers/sellers only started to know how to check caveats from URA:D

wesing
22-07-10, 11:55
I think it is good for the economy in general. Developer, govt, bank, lawyer, agent and the first owner all make some money lar. If they spend this money and with the multiplier effect, this will keep sg economy moving right? All huat together ah:D :D :D

spikey69
22-07-10, 14:22
Got 40k meh?

Selling price $1,216,000 minus purchased price $1,142,000, stamp duty ($28,860), lawyer fee for both purchase and sale ($5,000), bank cancellation fee (0.5% of 80% loan = $4,568) and 2% agent commission ($24,320) = $11,252 only. Even IRAS and the agent make more than this dude and they do not face any risk:D :D :D

Just below 4% return on a inital capital outlay of $286,120 (20% downpayment plus stamp duty) in less than 10 months. Worth taking the risk for:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Fully agreed with Kane - 杀鸡焉用牛刀:doh: :doh:

but if it is the agent who owned and sold the property, it's not that bad

wesing
22-07-10, 15:27
If owner is also the agent, then the investment looks more worthwhile - 12.4% gain from initial capital outlay in less than 10 months.

kane
22-07-10, 19:58
but if it is the agent who owned and sold the property, it's not that bad

then the agent is not very savvy, i still say the same thing, use a sledgehammer to kill an ant...

spikey69
22-07-10, 21:13
then the agent is not very savvy, i still say the same thing, use a sledgehammer to kill an ant...

agree...the sledgehammer become hammer only la :) but the RoI still quite good for 10 mths

proud owner
22-07-10, 21:26
agree...the sledgehammer become hammer only la :) but the RoI still quite good for 10 mths

i know of an agent personally ..

bought Waterfall gardens at launch .. 1395 psf .. 21xx sqft

marketed it ... fully sold out project .. and he sold his unit at 1800 psf to a foreigner ..within 3mths of launch

and to date this 1800 psf caveat still not lodged ..

thats 850 k at least ... in the pocket

spikey69
22-07-10, 21:34

marketed it ... fully sold out project .. and he sold his unit at 1800 psf to a foreigner ..within 3mths of launch

wow...but why caveat not lodged?

proud owner
22-07-10, 21:44
wow...but why caveat not lodged?

there are many many transactions that did not lodge caveat

some buyers do not see the need to .. they feel it is safe enuff .. in spore

kane
22-07-10, 23:10

ok, he did good here then. why so gan cheong bail out the other one...

proud owner
22-07-10, 23:22
ok, he did good here then. why so gan cheong bail out the other one...

sorry Kane

not the same agent as the other one ..

my agent friend really made a lot of many ..just on Waterfall garden alone ..

apart from the unit he bought at 1395 and sold at 1800 psf ..he also sold many units in this condo during the launch .. to his oversea contacts ..

commision alone almost paid for half his own purchase

there are super agents .. there are mediocre ones

kane
23-07-10, 18:50
Oh ok. So we see the difference of the agents who use a sledgehammer to kill an ant and those who kill the ant with a finger.

tanhs
12-08-10, 12:48
Is this site prone to flooding ?

KarenK
28-08-10, 23:47
post deleted

KarenK
28-08-10, 23:48
we bought a unit at Meadows during the soft launch back in Jul 09. we were surprised to separately get sms-es from a Propnex agent asking us specifically whether we are interested in selling our unit as she has an interested buyer. She claimed she got our contact numbers from the caveat. As far as I know, the caveat only shows the pty owners but not their contact numbers. anyone knows whether what she claims is true? or whether she got the info illegally from either developer, or the bank where we got our housing loan from or the law firm which handled our mortgage? those are the only sources we can think of.

incidentally the buyer's offer price is only 9% higher than what we paid. I told her the offer is a joke. Anyway we have never intended to sell our unit at all and were just curious as to what is the market value now. :spliff:

Lee_V
29-08-10, 01:52
Apparently agents can 'buy' our databases! Don't think this is right though, esp. w/o our prior consent. Am told this is the 'practice'...:scared-5:

spikey69
29-08-10, 12:37
anyone from the bank loan officer (or her admin staff) to the law clerk./admin staff would have sold your phone number...no surprises.

KarenK
17-12-10, 12:05
anybody has any idea when is estimated TOP based on current progress? :confused:

official TOP date is Sep 2012......

tanhs
19-12-10, 06:41
Probably Q4 of 2011 or Q1 of 2012 :)

KarenK
27-12-10, 08:35
Probably Q4 of 2011 or Q1 of 2012 :)

heh heh........seems like my estimation also quite on track......:D

amk
28-12-10, 19:59
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/bt_wkend_masthead.jpg
Cheung Kong is top bidder for Upper Thomson Rd condo plot
The Business Times Weekend
Saturday, 7 November 2009

The top bidder for the 99-year condo site on Upper Thomson Road on Thursday has been revealed as a unit of Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-shing’s Cheung Kong Holdings.

Cheung Kong unit Treasure Well Investments’ bid was for $251.3 million or about $533 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) – the highest seen for a private housing site...

Btw Karen, LKS is preparing the above site now. It should be gd for u once this is launched : if he can sell the west coast site at 1000psf at a land cost of only 300, imagine what he will do for a site with land cost of 500 ;)

KarenK
08-01-11, 14:02
Btw Karen, LKS is preparing the above site now. It should be gd for u once this is launched : if he can sell the west coast site at 1000psf at a land cost of only 300, imagine what he will do for a site with land cost of 500 ;)

so means my meadows price will go up lah..... :D

tanhs
26-02-11, 21:00
Anyone can comment on the progress of this development so far ?

zzz1
27-02-11, 19:18
Anyone can comment on the progress of this development so far ?

sub structure completed, now in progress of super structure, 2 floor.
Also the exisitng old block is being ripe of the old skin. It is covered with netting...

my guess.. overall progress, (civil, m&e and arch) .>> 40 % =/- completed

mantrix
27-02-11, 19:51
Also the exisitng old block is being ripe of the old skin. It is covered with netting...

The new launch in upper thomson may bring prices up further considering how high the Bishan plot was bidded for

zzz1
28-02-11, 08:20

correction...
Progress update...now super structure is already 4th storey liao...should be assess around 55-60 %

zzz1
28-02-11, 08:22
The new launch in upper thomson may bring prices up further considering how high the Bishan plot was bidded for

yap...new brench mark and baseline. Question will be on the response during launch..

KarenK
28-02-11, 09:32
correction...
Progress update...now super structure is already 4th storey liao...should be assess around 55-60 %

me layman. wat is super structure & sub-structure?
my layman observation is that the part of the block facing the road is already built up to 5th (top) storey whereas the part facing teacher's estate is up to 4th storey only.....& the block nearer the tower block already got railing & windows in whereas the other block still building away...

zzz1
28-02-11, 10:23
me layman. wat is super structure & sub-structure?
my layman observation is that the part of the block facing the road is already built up to 5th (top) storey whereas the part facing teacher's estate is up to 4th storey only.....& the block nearer the tower block already got railing & windows in whereas the other block still building away...

Sub structure meaning the basement and foundation works while the super structures meaning the storey’s that u have seen.

We should progressively see the super structure ready in stages, some area had printed the based coat.

It is only when the super structures are ready, M&E can full swing even now some of the pipe and ele interfaces works had started. Then follow the finishing work such as unit’s architecture and landscaping.

The existing block has minimum civil work(except repartitioning the layout, repairing, strengthening the structure if any, and re-plastering the wall finishes etc) hence the M&E and Arch work should have commenced.

When is the expected TOP ?

KarenK
28-02-11, 11:52
Sub structure meaning the basement and foundation works while the super structures meaning the storey’s that u have seen.

We should progressively see the super structure ready in stages, some area had printed the based coat.

It is only when the super structures are ready, M&E can full swing even now some of the pipe and ele interfaces works had started. Then follow the finishing work such as unit’s architecture and landscaping.

The existing block has minimum civil work(except repartitioning the layout, repairing, strengthening the structure if any, and re-plastering the wall finishes etc) hence the M&E and Arch work should have commenced.

thanks for the clear explanation :p

official TOP Sep 2012......but I'm banging for Q4 2011 or Q1 2012. u tink that's possible at the rate they are going?

gohsoonk
28-02-11, 12:29
You must be in the construction industry or work with them...:)

zzz1
28-02-11, 12:34

official TOP Sep 2012......but I'm banging for Q4 2011 or Q1 2012. u tink that's possible at the rate they are going?

look healthy in the progress so far...IMO should obtain ealier as stated

the key is to pass the Inspection later stage to obtain CSC for tops, sometime. this may hamper the obtaing of keys.

zzz1
28-02-11, 12:37
You must be in the construction industry or work with them...:)

nai...

this development was my 'ex love' which had targetted for a while, was disappointed during various delayed launch PLUS the asking price then...

so as i drive pass, i will still peep once a while.

I had seen these based on the past developments i had encountered., where they mention of payment milestone based on progress..so being kaisu and kaisi, ask and ask..:D :D

tanhs
01-03-11, 11:52
Was wondering will this project disturb the old charm of the vicinity? Or will it beautify the surrounding?

seddie
13-04-11, 21:45

I spoke to a guy from Poh Lian near the site, he told me that TOP will be likely in Sep 2011. :p

kingkong1984
14-04-11, 00:10
I spoke to a guy from Poh Lian near the site, he told me that TOP will be likely in Sep 2011. :p

Sep 11... good luck!

tanhs
14-04-11, 08:34

Looking at the progress, I seriously doubt it will be ready in 5 months time.

wesing
14-04-11, 09:08

Agreed. From the look of it, still curry loh:D Saw one the stack nearer to the junction with casurina - the triangular balcony super huge man and with a bus-stop view to its left:D

seddie
14-04-11, 11:06

I thought so too, the basement carpark seems to need a lot more work and majority of the building including the high rise still have scaffolding. However, people on the site seems optimistic though... I even asked a chinese construction worker if works can be completed by Sep 11... hmmm... Sep 11... :scared-4: ... he says it should be ok.

mantrix
14-04-11, 15:45
can the top floor see the reservoir? I doubt so cos the land is sunken in...

tanhs
15-04-11, 07:30
A sea of green should be possible :)

mantrix
15-04-11, 07:36
A sea of green should be possible :)

When I pass by it seems the top of the building is flush with the tree canopy...doubt they can get a good view.

I think the best views will belong to those staying on the 25th floor of the tower...

zzz1
16-04-11, 10:58
When I pass by it seems the top of the building is flush with the tree canopy...doubt they can get a good view.

I think the best views will belong to those staying on the 25th floor of the tower...

The old stack which undergo A&A maybe possble to have some overview of the green and selling more ex then the new stack.. :doh:

.. the low storey unlikely to have good view except the sembawang rd..

zzz1
16-04-11, 11:03
I thought so too, the basement carpark seems to need a lot more work and majority of the building including the high rise still have scaffolding. However, people on the site seems optimistic though... I even asked a chinese construction worker if works can be completed by Sep 11... hmmm... Sep 11... :scared-4: ... he says it should be ok.

depend whom you asked la...sometime the stafts are briefted to speak to outsider differently ..

some more if asked a labour worker they may totally no clue at all...

chiaberry
18-04-11, 10:56
This is next to Tagore Industrial Park. I took a drive down to the area to purchase sanitary fittings for my renovation. Noticed that there's a lot of foreign workers around on a Sunday. Even my kids said they were afraid when we were driving down there. If I lived there, my daughter would refuse to take public transport home at night. Well I suppose all owners here are rich and have cars. But current ambience of the "neighbourhood" is :scared-1:

KarenK
20-04-11, 13:17

top floor of the tower block can at most see a sliver of water in the distance. else it's 99.9% of greenery. this one I confirm double confirm coz I got insider info..... :D

KarenK
20-04-11, 13:23

looking at their rate of progress, I was even wondering whether 1Q2012 is too soon for them! :scared-5:

KarenK
20-04-11, 15:33
my source says Sep 2011 not likely.......1Q2012 is a more realistic bet. maybe the construction site person got confused lah......official TOP is Sep 2012 so he anyhow "gasak" & tell people that TOP is Sep 2011? :confused:

seddie
21-04-11, 11:09
my source says Sep 2011 not likely.......1Q2012 is a more realistic bet. maybe the construction site person got confused lah......official TOP is Sep 2012 so he anyhow "gasak" & tell people that TOP is Sep 2011? :confused:

Guess I have been "gasaked" by the poh lian guy and the construction worker :banghead: . Care to share your source?
Anyway, I have checked and progressive payment is at 50% now... which leaves internal works...etc. (5%) and carparks...etc. (5%) and then TOP appln. To do this by Sep 11 anyone knows whether this is possible? If not, usually how long does it take to complete these?

devilplate
21-04-11, 11:16
Guess I have been "gasaked" by the poh lian guy and the construction worker :banghead: . Care to share your source?
Anyway, I have checked and progressive payment is at 50% now... which leaves internal works...etc. (5%) and carparks...etc. (5%) and then TOP appln. To do this by Sep 11 anyone knows whether this is possible? If not, usually how long does it take to complete these?

usually another 3-6mths after the last 5% is called upon

KarenK
21-04-11, 15:05

cannot anyhow share my source lah.......just take my word for it that it's a pretty reliable source & it's not poh lian construction staff :D

progressive payment for my unit not even 50% drawndown yet lor. I think mine only 45% hor......& the latest 5% was < 1 mth ago......

azeoprop
21-04-11, 16:45
Taken last friday:

seddie
27-04-11, 15:59
cannot anyhow share my source lah.......just take my word for it that it's a pretty reliable source & it's not poh lian construction staff :D

progressive payment for my unit not even 50% drawndown yet lor. I think mine only 45% hor......& the latest 5% was < 1 mth ago......

Hmm... secret source... :)

With about 2 to 3 payments of the 5% left and fm there another 3 to 6 mths (thanks dev)... Sep this year TOP doesn't seem likely...

Lets keep all updated on the progress... tapping on whatever sources we might find... :cheers6:

Terese
27-04-11, 21:53
i left last 5 then TOP. hoping it's achieveable in Q1

tanhs
19-05-11, 12:47
Found the following info at BCA website with regards to Green Mark Gold Award for Meadows.

Green Features:
Extensive use of horizontal shading such as balcony and planters to maximise thermal comfort and facilitate natural ventilation. Energy efficient air-conditioning systems and lighting. Use of motion sensors in common areas such as staircase half landings. Provision of energy monitoring device to help homeowners manage their energy usage and cost.

bargain hunter
14-06-11, 01:14
UOL's presentation slides indicate Q4 2011 TOP.

KarenK
14-06-11, 12:48
UOL's presentation slides indicate Q4 2011 TOP.

huh.......when were the slides presented? coz official prospectus & other docs indicate official TOP as Sep 2012....

bargain hunter
14-06-11, 13:31
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_142862AB768A418A482578AE0033F5BB/$file/UOL_NAEF_slides_14Jun2011.pdf?openelement

need to scroll down to page 18.

that means that they have been building super fast?

huh.......when were the slides presented? coz official prospectus & other docs indicate official TOP as Sep 2012....

amk
14-06-11, 13:32
it's an investor presentation for Normura. It listed expected TOP 4Q11. (to compare, Double Bay expected TOP 2Q12). Should be quite close as this is the projected time line from the management of UOL.

Karen u have a unit is it ?

bargain hunter
14-06-11, 13:34
the slides were presented yesterday so they should have a good idea of their construction progress. they seem confident of completing by end of this year it seems.

KarenK
15-06-11, 09:28
it's an investor presentation for Normura. It listed expected TOP 4Q11. (to compare, Double Bay expected TOP 2Q12). Should be quite close as this is the projected time line from the management of UOL.

Karen u have a unit is it ?

yup, got a unit there which is why I'm monitoring the progress very closely. seems like they still have a lot to do so 4Q11 seems a bit optimistic in my humble opinion..... :p

KarenK
15-06-11, 09:30
the slides were presented yesterday so they should have a good idea of their construction progress. they seem confident of completing by end of this year it seems.

sounds good to me........then hopefully can move in by next CNY :spliff:

Terese
15-06-11, 11:25
Units near the tower blk and those at main UT Road are more or less done. Has been monitoring it if i am in SGP.

zzz1
26-06-11, 08:11
yup, got a unit there which is why I'm monitoring the progress very closely. seems like they still have a lot to do so 4Q11 seems a bit optimistic in my humble opinion..... :p

6 more months to go...now mainly the Arch and M&E left plus the regulatory inspections to apply..should to somewhere near...

ysyap
26-06-11, 08:17
Hmmm... 6 more months? This project built very fast for such a huge scale! :)

kingkong1984
26-06-11, 11:40
One tall bock minor alterations only. Rest are low rise so faster.

Terese
27-06-11, 15:29
So meaning Q4 can TOP???

Komo
27-06-11, 21:17
Passed by and thought I saw some units are actually below the road level. Is it true? Who would buy those units?

devilplate
27-06-11, 23:11
Passed by and thought I saw some units are actually below the road level. Is it true? Who would buy those units?
U mean smthing like hedges park?

kingkong1984
28-06-11, 01:40

Ex owners as it was already like that when they were staying there.

Maybe they were used to it? Plus prc buyers maybe who bought without actual site visits. Who cares right?

Terese
04-07-11, 09:58
Any idea will developer be reading this forum as well? If yes, please add another drive-in lane for Meadows else UT Rd will be congested if vistors and residents is using that just 1 lane to go into the estate.:doh:

Btw can anyone advice me how is "soil" test been done??

alvinkoh1818
04-07-11, 11:15
So meaning Q4 can TOP???

Today URA website still indicating expected TOP in 2012

mantrix
04-07-11, 11:23
Ex owners as it was already like that when they were staying there.

Maybe they were used to it? Plus prc buyers maybe who bought without actual site visits. Who cares right?

Free private pool during flash floods? :D

kingkong1984
04-07-11, 11:51
Free private pool during flash floods? :D

Hmm... bukit timah in the making with mrt and expressay construction?

chiaberry
04-07-11, 11:56
Could also be another Maplewoods in the making lah. Got a piece of empty land next to their entrance. Maybe got TSL MRT station there in the future and dumping sand in their driveway.

devilplate
04-07-11, 12:04
Could also be another Maplewoods in the making lah. Got a piece of empty land next to their entrance. Maybe got TSL MRT station there in the future and dumping sand in their driveway.

hehe...dun hf to sound so 'protective' of ur vested area rite?:p

or u meant to be sarcastic? hahaa

chiaberry
04-07-11, 12:08
hehe...dun hf to sound so 'protective' of ur vested area rite?:p

or u meant to be sarcastic? hahaa

Sarcastic. Since it was being compared to Bukit Timah by someone else.

I'm not vested in this one. I live much further down the road.

mantrix
04-07-11, 12:55
Sarcastic. Since it was being compared to Bukit Timah by someone else.

I'm not vested in this one. I live much further down the road.

Further down the road? Towards Thomson or towards Sembawang?

If towarfs Thomson, then could be Flame Tree or Bishan Point or Thomson 800...all asking rather ridiculous prices now...

chiaberry
04-07-11, 13:05
Further down the road? Towards Thomson or towards Sembawang?

If towarfs Thomson, then could be Flame Tree or Bishan Point or Thomson 800...all asking rather ridiculous prices now...

Towards Thomson. Cannot sell anyway. Everywhere else is even more ridiculous in asking px.

ysyap
04-07-11, 14:43
Towards Thomson. Cannot sell anyway. Everywhere else is even more ridiculous in asking px.Move to the north! The prices there are still pretty ok but we can't hold on for long... the enemies are coming fast and furious! They took the East some years back and recently just took the west! The Northeast had succumbed in recent times, along with Thomson. The south never put up any fighting resistance! Only the north are still fighting hard! :D

chiaberry
04-07-11, 15:03
Move to the north! The prices there are still pretty ok but we can't hold on for long... the enemies are coming fast and furious! They took the East some years back and recently just took the west! The Northeast had succumbed in recent times, along with Thomson. The south never put up any fighting resistance! Only the north are still fighting hard! :D

Not convenient for me to move to the North. My family lives in this area. I like that it is central and many amenities and leisure facilities close by. The enemies haven't come here in force yet. I think can still get pty near and even under 1000 psf. And the ambience is better than Balestier or Geylang for families.

kingkong1984
04-07-11, 16:30
sorry but where is the funeral ultimate going to be at?

Komo
04-07-11, 20:58
Not convenient for me to move to the North. My family lives in this area. I like that it is central and many amenities and leisure facilities close by. The enemies haven't come here in force yet. I think can still get pty near and even under 1000 psf. And the ambience is better than Balestier or Geylang for families.
yap...the feeling of parking for free and just walk a few steps for a good makan is great!! feel so free !!! :D :D

mantrix
04-07-11, 21:06
yap...the feeling of parking for free and just walk a few steps for a good makan is great!! feel so free !!! :D :D

then Geylang is best buy :D

ysyap
04-07-11, 22:18
then Geylang is best buy :DAgreed... cheap and green. The food there is nothing short of gorgeous. Well, only those with teenage daughters will not be allowed to come home late... :D

yauc
17-10-11, 19:17
Anyone knows when is TOP?

Jcmillineum
23-10-11, 09:07
then Geylang is best buy :D

eeeeee geylang?....of all places?
Meadows is a good buy...just that it was too expensive at that time it was launched...I can't imagine how much it is going to be right now :scared-1:

kane
23-10-11, 15:28
eeeeee geylang?....of all places?
Meadows is a good buy...just that it was too expensive at that time it was launched...I can't imagine how much it is going to be right now :scared-1:

Actually it hasn't gone up by much since launch. It was selling at $1k psf.

DC33_2008
23-10-11, 15:55
Recent launches are far more superior than Meadow. Furthermore, people are buying for own stay so prices do not move much.
Actually it hasn't gone up by much since launch. It was selling at $1k psf.

cl0ver
23-10-11, 16:56
pass by many times and didnt like their balconies with grill... looks like City View. Should have made them glass

mantrix
23-10-11, 17:41
Apart fromthat being so close to the road they will shield the landed from the noisy bikes n cars...its gonna be real loud at night...the landed owners will be very grateful for their new 'wall' though...

kane
24-10-11, 00:44
Apart fromthat being so close to the road they will shield the landed from the noisy bikes n cars...its gonna be real loud at night...the landed owners will be very grateful for their new 'wall' though...
the closeness of the project will block of the wind currents to the landed house I feel.

Komo
24-10-11, 06:29
the closeness of the project will block of the wind currents to the landed house I feel.
Seems rather cramp and congested in the estate too. They should redevelop the whole place:D

kane
24-10-11, 08:11
Seems rather cramp and congested in the estate too. They should redevelop the whole place:D

A lot of landed estate are like that. Look at kovan area, telok kurau.

mantrix
24-10-11, 12:22
agree - the area needs an overhaul...

kane
25-10-11, 00:41
too costly to overhaul and relocate landed owners.

mantrix
25-10-11, 10:27
too costly to overhaul and relocate landed owners.

maybe they will consider when a serious flash flood happens :D

kane
25-10-11, 22:40
maybe they will consider when a serious flash flood happens :D

actually, teacher's estate i believe sits on higher ground relative to other parts of the island, even though it looks like it's in a valley. so even with the heavy rain, somehow, the water manages to run somewhere else...

mantrix
25-10-11, 23:19
actually, teacher's estate i believe sits on higher ground relative to other parts of the island, even though it looks like it's in a valley. so even with the heavy rain, somehow, the water manages to run somewhere else...

it is in a valley if you look at the surrounding land....it has possibility to kena flash floods but perhaps not long term floods...

kane
25-10-11, 23:33
i have lived in that area for the last 25 years. never even seen ponding on heavy rain days. it's quite amazing actually. but of course, there's always a first...

KarenK
26-10-11, 11:10
agree. I've lived in the vicinity since 1987 and have never heard of flooding in the teacher's estate area or the former Green Meadows (now Meadows @ Peirce estate...... ;)

KarenK
26-10-11, 11:14
hubby just shared with me a theory he heard some time ago. the land below teacher's estate & surrounding area is more porous than other parts of the island. hence when it rains, the water easily seeps in and runs off. that's why there is no ponding or flood during heavy rain days.

mantrix
26-10-11, 11:44
hubby just shared with me a theory he heard some time ago. the land below teacher's estate & surrounding area is more porous than other parts of the island. hence when it rains, the water easily seeps in and runs off. that's why there is no ponding or flood during heavy rain days.

good to know...your hubby wouldn't be Kane by any chance? :D

amk
26-10-11, 12:05
So u drop nuovo and move on to this meadows already ? For flooding I can assure u it has never happened...although ministers also said "once in 50 years" cases "cannot be avoided" :D

mantrix
26-10-11, 15:06
So u drop nuovo and move on to this meadows already ? For flooding I can assure u it has never happened...although ministers also said "once in 50 years" cases "cannot be avoided" :D

ahh so u r vested in this area? lol :D

kane
26-10-11, 17:15

No, my wife is not called Karen. :D

I don't subscribe to that theory. I think it's more a case of ground level. The water probably flows much more quickly in the underwater drainage to lower parts of the island. Plus there hasn't been much tunneling around that area. Yet...

samuelk
26-10-11, 18:52
Looks like a number of units up for sub sales. At this pint in time, looks like a good deal. as compare to centro.:2cents:

kane
26-10-11, 22:24
The tall block that has the good view the reservoir is nice provided you don't mind west sun.

devilplate
26-10-11, 22:33
The tall block that has the good view the reservoir is nice provided you don't mind west sun.
I dun like the idea of paying the px of a brandnew ppty for a refurbished one

I quite like some of the layout whrby the main door enters to balcony:D

Vy gd size layout....nrly bot a 2bdr during launch.....px too steep.....

kane
26-10-11, 22:40
I dun like the idea of paying the px of a brandnew ppty for a refurbished one

I quite like some of the layout whrby the main door enters to balcony:D

Vy gd size layout....nrly bot a 2bdr during launch.....px too steep.....
Main door enter balcony nice ah? I remember I was quoted 1.16 for a 3 bedder. The steepness is the reason why it hasn't appreciated much since launch.

Jcmillineum
27-10-11, 16:10

I love the Meadows...the place there's air is so fresh...green smell..., lots of greenery. I really am envious of those with the big balcony units. Can just sit there and have coffee....But what do u think of the grilled balconies? I'd prefer glass ...

kane
27-10-11, 21:16
I love the Meadows...the place there's air is so fresh...green smell..., lots of greenery. I really am envious of those with the big balcony units. Can just sit there and have coffee....But what do u think of the grilled balconies? I'd prefer glass ...
No need to be envious of those big balconies that faces the bus stop. It's on an upslope and the buses tend to drag their engine to accelerate away from the bus stop. Not so pleasent.

KarenK
28-10-11, 12:32

nope :D :D :D

the K in KarenK does not stand for Kane lah........ :p

KarenK
28-10-11, 12:35

no reservoir view. only see forest view. at most if u are at the topmost level and crane your neck high enough, u MAY see a sliver of water :p . this one I heard first hand from agent :D not all agents will cascade this info tho...... :scared-5:

KarenK
28-10-11, 12:39
No need to be envious of those big balconies that faces the bus stop. It's on an upslope and the buses tend to drag their engine to accelerate away from the bus stop. Not so pleasent.

totally agree with u. imagine everyday hearing the bus creaking to slow down and pick up passengers......and then drag their engine to accelerate up the slope......and then creak to stop at the traffic junction coz red light. imagine hearing this many times a day from day to night :scared-1:

moreover the row along upper thomson rd is generally 2% more expensive than the row facing teacher's estate coz the agent say "can see greenery". wat a joke. u have upper thomson road with all its traffic esp the heavy vehicles from the tagore & northern industrial parks before u reach the greenery lor.....:confused:

kane
28-10-11, 12:43
no reservoir view. only see forest view. at most if u are at the topmost level and crane your neck high enough, u MAY see a sliver of water :p . this one I heard first hand from agent :D not all agents will cascade this info tho...... :scared-5:
Oh ok. I thought the top few floors would get sone view of the water body. Wrong guess.

amk
28-10-11, 21:34
moreover the row along upper thomson rd is generally 2% more expensive than the row facing teacher's estate coz the agent say "can see greenery"...

No. It's because the row along teacher's estate has full blast afternoon sun, and is also one storey lower.

amk
28-10-11, 21:41
Oh ok. I thought the top few floors would get sone view of the water body. Wrong guess.

No water view, but trust me, the clean air from the forest is very very refreshing.
This was last time though. Now with many more units added on the site, not sure if it will change.

kane
28-10-11, 23:33
No. It's because the row along teacher's estate has full blast afternoon sun, and is also one storey lower.

the row facing teacher's estate at least on the higher floor you can look quite far and you have no west sun.

kane
28-10-11, 23:35
No water view, but trust me, the clean air from the forest is very very refreshing.
This was last time though. Now with many more units added on the site, not sure if it will change.

should still be ok lah. there's quite a lot of vegetation all around them still. unless those goes, then different story.

zzz1
29-10-11, 12:11
should still be ok lah. there's quite a lot of vegetation all around them still. unless those goes, then different story.
bushes Area always pose mozzies problems...

kane
29-10-11, 12:25
bushes Area always pose mozzies problems...

Unless you're staying on a high floor?

flagship74
29-10-11, 12:28
Unless you're staying on a high floor?

how high leh?

kane
29-10-11, 12:49
how high leh?
I'm guessing 6 floor at least. Mosquitoes usually don't go so high.

zzz1
29-10-11, 13:56
I'm guessing 6 floor at least. Mosquitoes usually don't go so high.
Some time when hanging at the lobby or club Hse , u face the this problems.
Also high rise u get mozzies problem too.

zzz1
29-10-11, 14:02

Yap yap .... Can see the tree top nia ..and plenty of west sun . Somemore old bldg under going AA selling more ex then the new build stack.

kane
29-10-11, 14:27
Some time when hanging at the lobby or club Hse , u face the this problems.
Also high rise u get mozzies problem too.

Rare, unless your neighbour has raised a garden of Eden outside his house.

mantrix
29-10-11, 17:33
the row facing teacher's estate at least on the higher floor you can look quite far and you have no west sun.

I hope he knows what he's talking about...given he's vested...

anyway i pity those units facing upp thomson - cfm super noisy for sure...

kane
30-10-11, 00:57
I hope he knows what he's talking about...given he's vested...

anyway i pity those units facing upp thomson - cfm super noisy for sure...

who's vested there?

there's another row that is going to be very noisy, the short row facing Yio chu Kang road. As the buses accelerate from the traffic junction and break at the bus stop about 100m down, the starting and stopping is bound to generate a lot of roaring sounds. and because that's on low ground, the higher units can't really run away from the noise.

danntbt
31-10-11, 16:36
Well, noise/congestion and convenience are never mutually exclusive. You have to live with it if you value convenience.

Just like those at Caspian and its vicinity or the Centris and Centro......just treat the noise as pipe-in sound and comfort yourself with the convenience of accessibility and amenities.

amk
31-10-11, 21:46
The case here is very simple. U choose the row along teachers estate, u have no noise, but u get full blast afternoon sun on living room and master bedroom, plus u r one floor lower; u choose the row along upper Thomson road, u have noise on the 2 guest rooms but no afternoon sun on living and master room, plus u r on higher ground, but u pay 2% more. U decide what's your tradeoff.

kane
31-10-11, 22:11
The case here is very simple. U choose the row along teachers estate, u have no noise, but u get full blast afternoon sun on living room and master bedroom, plus u r one floor lower; u choose the row along upper Thomson road, u have noise on the 2 guest rooms but no afternoon sun on living and master room, plus u r on higher ground, but u pay 2% more. U decide what's your tradeoff.

face teachers estate is northeast lah? if you looked towards the reservoir direction, that will be west. so if you face upper thomson road, you actually get the full blast of the afternoon sun.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/singapore-property/[email protected]

amk
01-11-11, 11:10
face teachers estate is northeast lah? if you looked towards the reservoir direction, that will be west. so if you face upper thomson road, you actually get the full blast of the afternoon sun.

kane, look at the plan carefully: all the living room and master bedrooms are facing the pool. the row along upper thomson have living room and master bed room facing east (inside), they are not looking towards the reservoir, therefore not only it has no west sun, it has no real noise either. It gets noise and west sun on the 2 guest bed rooms behind, which I'd imagine most of the time have the glass doors closed and curtain drawn(they are guest rooms, with only a small balcony and planter)
And the row along teachers estate are the total opposite. the all important living room and master bedroom are embracing the afternoon sun.
UOL price the row along upper thomson side higher with a reason.

Jcmillineum
01-11-11, 20:38
kane, look at the plan carefully: all the living room and master bedrooms are facing the pool. the row along upper thomson have living room and master bed room facing east (inside), they are not looking towards the reservoir, therefore not only it has no west sun, it has no real noise either. It gets noise and west sun on the 2 guest bed rooms behind, which I'd imagine most of the time have the glass doors closed and curtain drawn(they are guest rooms, with only a small balcony and planter)
And the row along teachers estate are the total opposite. the all important living room and master bedroom are embracing the afternoon sun.

I would definitely take the one facing the road ...the balcony is big enough for some nice sun bathing in the afternoon!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

kane
01-11-11, 22:37

Oh yah, my bad, I forgot this layout was one of those that runs through the whole block rather than 2 units back to back on one block. Yah you're right. West sun on a low rise and in a tight cluster can be a lethal mix.

I was bio-ing the corner facing north towards teach estate. The price was crazily high for that stack.

Jcmillineum
07-11-11, 17:21
Oh yah, my bad, I forgot this layout was one of those that runs through the whole block rather than 2 units back to back on one block. Yah you're right. West sun on a low rise and in a tight cluster can be a lethal mix.

I was bio-ing the corner facing north towards teach estate. The price was crazily high for that stack.

Kane, I'd really give this one a miss for resale as he prices are too high already.
You may want to consider better freehold ones near mrt.:o

zzz1
09-11-11, 22:41
Saw some stacks being lighted up ... Meaning incoming power supply is turn on....I suppose that the R.I inspection for TOP or CSC willbe very soon....

Also the hoarding is being removed .. But the parameter is wire galv fencing and not concrete wall with metal grill ...that is abit cheap in my opinion ..

chiaberry
09-11-11, 22:48
I heard from someone that one of the rooms although it has a glass "window" but it's not a window that can be opened, it's just a glass panel. Therefore unable to ventilate the room and the owner will need to turn on the air-con all the time. I hope that is not true or the developer should be shot. :doh:

Komo
09-11-11, 23:30
Aren't those units facing the road rather too near? Noise and pollution will be unbearable :doh:

Terese
10-11-11, 08:14
Saw some stacks being lighted up ... Meaning incoming power supply is turn on....I suppose that the R.I inspection for TOP or CSC willbe very soon....

Also the hoarding is being removed .. But the parameter is wire galv fencing and not concrete wall with metal grill ...that is abit cheap in my opinion ..

TOP?? but those unit facing the Yio Chu Kang Rd are still not ready. Seem like early Q2 can achieve TOP to me.

zzz1
10-11-11, 19:23
TOP?? but those unit facing the Yio Chu Kang Rd are still not ready. Seem like early Q2 can achieve TOP to me.
I referring to the inspection process, not obtaining t.o.p

Btw built up fencing us very fast , properly those facing already done but hidden by the hording ....

KarenK
13-11-11, 12:45
Reliable source says TOP in Mar 2012 :cool:

kane
14-11-11, 22:44
I heard from someone that one of the rooms although it has a glass "window" but it's not a window that can be opened, it's just a glass panel. Therefore unable to ventilate the room and the owner will need to turn on the air-con all the time. I hope that is not true or the developer should be shot. :doh:

the one i couldn't understand is the room in the middle of the longish layout with a window that looked directly across to the similar room on the other side of the mirror image. you have to almost pull down your curtains 365 days.

maseratiq2
23-11-11, 13:08
Going to buy Meadows@Peirce during the launch but didn't because I was actually scared away by the crowd then.

Eventually I bought a unit not too long ago at approx 15% more than the first owner's price.

I wanted freehold, new and low-rise. Ultimately it was the 1k psf that sealed the deal.

Then came the dilemma of which side to choose from. Upper Thomson or Teacher's Estate. I took the former because the West Sun shines on the 2 smaller bedrooms and also the Yard - which is good, imho. The 2 rooms have balconies which will allow me to have plants as shade. I hope having thick curtains and solar films in the glass doors will help too.

I now just hope the TOP will come soon because I've been staying at relative's house for too long already...

hyenergix
23-11-11, 13:32
Going to buy Meadows@Peirce during the launch but didn't because I was actually scared away by the crowd then.

Eventually I bought a unit not too long ago at approx 15% more than the first owner's price.

I wanted freehold, new and low-rise. Ultimately it was the 1k psf that sealed the deal.

Then came the dilemma of which side to choose from. Upper Thomson or Teacher's Estate. I took the former because the West Sun shines on the 2 smaller bedrooms and also the Yard - which is good, imho. The 2 rooms have balconies which will allow me to have plants as shade. I hope having thick curtains and solar films in the glass doors will help too.

I now just hope the TOP will come soon because I've been staying at relative's house for too long already...

The west sun is no fun.

gn108
23-11-11, 13:42
Agree - big no-no for me is west facing.
But angmo love it - so must compare if home stay or investment.

The west sun is no fun.

august
23-11-11, 13:46
The west sun is no fun.

it isnt so bad if like he said these west facing rooms have balconies which serve as a buffer of sort especially after putting in some greens. :o

chiaberry
23-11-11, 13:51
As it is low rise and lots of trees on the west side, hopefully the west sun might be blocked to some extent. However, the traffic noise can be quite bad at times if you are near the Upp Thomson Road. You can block out the sun with black-out curtains but the noise and car fumes pollution......not so easy to deal with.

kane
23-11-11, 15:18
As it is low rise and lots of trees on the west side, hopefully the west sun might be blocked to some extent. However, the traffic noise can be quite bad at times if you are near the Upp Thomson Road. You can block out the sun with black-out curtains but the noise and car fumes pollution......not so easy to deal with.

not possible to escape. cos the sun is hottest at 3-4pm. Plus low rise, the air circulation isn't as good, it can get really warm with the west sun.

chiaberry
23-11-11, 15:33
Hence the big air-con ledges I suppose.

maseratiq2
23-11-11, 17:38
If glass doors of the 2 bedrooms are always closed ( air-con lovers ), with thick curtains and 3M films installed will the traffic noise be heard still?

Appreciate any advice...I've always avoided the West Sun and the main roads but in this case I studied the pros and cons and went with Upper Thomson Rd because I really didn't want the afternoon sun in my living, dining and master.

kane
23-11-11, 18:20
If glass doors of the 2 bedrooms are always closed ( air-con lovers ), with thick curtains and 3M films installed will the traffic noise be heard still?

Appreciate any advice...I've always avoided the West Sun and the main roads but in this case I studied the pros and cons and went with Upper Thomson Rd because I really didn't want the afternoon sun in my living, dining and master.

Heavy curtains can keep the noise out but it's hard to keep the heat out even with the 3M films. And because you don't open the windows, the heat can't really escape.

zzz1
26-11-11, 05:38
i used to own a unit, the hall and a room facing the west, and every two years i got to look for new tenant. Feedback mainly the reason is that they can not stand the heat. Not tying to talk down (as understand u have already committed)

Also, on the solar film. It dose help a bit but not fully. The most grossly or the reflective type is the most effective..but you need to check with your MC on the approval. Ask your vendor to provide the sample and get approval from the MC.

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:10
i used to own a unit, the hall and a room facing the west, and every two years i got to look for new tenant. Feedback mainly the reason is that they can not stand the heat. Not tying to talk down (as understand u have already committed)

Also, on the solar film. It dose help a bit but not fully. The most grossly or the reflective type is the most effective..but you need to check with your MC on the approval. Ask your vendor to provide the sample and get approval from the MC.
some agts say angmors dun mind west sun....crappy....hehehe

when angmor stay there for few hrs wif blaring sun,..they will surrender and on aircon 24x7

angmor love sunbathing and tat doesnt mean they love west sun facing house in hot humid climate

whahahhahaha

Eastboy
26-11-11, 09:16

when angmor stay there for few hrs wif blaring sun,..they will surrender and on aircon 24x7

angmor love sunbathing and tat doesnt mean they love west sun facing house in hot humid climate

whahahhahaha

my BR faces the west sun and yes the heat is super unbearable in the afternoons. sometimes even when i come home late at night my wall is still very warm! LOL.

so anyway yah in the afternoon if i am in my room definitely need to switch on aircon, also invest in good tinted windows and black out blinds.

not wanting to sound like an agent....but i get to see the some of the most beautiful sunsets at times in my balcony.....RARE!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

zzz1
26-11-11, 10:18

whahahhahaha

agent got their own aganda wan la......to get sales...

West sun is worst during may to sep period which couple with high humi.
even the parquet floor also changes colour aft a while..

Eastboy
26-11-11, 10:25
agent got their own aganda wan la......to get sales...

West sun is worst during may to sep period which couple with high humi.
even the parquet floor also changes colour aft a while..

very true!!! hahah, my parquet flooring came out!!!! in the end redo all the timber!!!! LOL!!!

zzz1
26-11-11, 16:00
very true!!! hahah, my parquet flooring came out!!!! in the end redo all the timber!!!! LOL!!!
Ya .. It dry uP and harden the adhesive . Long run will come out...must pull on the curtain every day to shied the sun light..

kane
27-11-11, 00:16
sunsets are very nice to watch, the only way to overcome it is to find something on a very high floor where you can still have good air circulation to take the sting out of the heat. low rise condos or landed will find dissipating the heat a much more challenging task other than the obvious solution which is aircon.

amk
27-11-11, 10:13

Ur choice is absolutely right.

The most important areas of your house, th living , dining, master bed room, main balcony, are pool facing and have no west sun. This is the best facing in this project.

the 2 small bedroom behind , as u said, can be mitigated by thick curtains. These are th guest rooms, very unlikely u spend a lot of ur time in it in the afternoon. Also, the nature reserve in front can also partially shade the area from late afternoon.

To the other members, if you really study the site plan, u will realize the opposite row along teacher's estate is worse wrt to west sun.

kane
27-11-11, 14:21
When's the expected TOP for this project?

maseratiq2
28-11-11, 07:00
Appreciate all the advice so far... guess I'll have to wait for TOP to do the necessary.

As for the TOP, the Official Date seems to be by September 2012.

However, most projects do TOP before this written date - I think???

In Meadows@Peirce case, it can be a little tricky because of the impending CNY on 23/1/2012.

My personal take is immediately after CNY holidays.

kane
28-11-11, 07:33
Appreciate all the advice so far... guess I'll have to wait for TOP to do the necessary.

In Meadows@Peirce case, it can be a little tricky because of the impending CNY on 23/1/2012.

Probably, the landscaping work is far from finished.

maseratiq2
28-11-11, 07:45
So Kane, any idea what are the tell tale signs that a project is completing soon?

One of my friends told me that once the extra tiles, sandbags, metal pipes are cleared from the site, it will be TOP time....???

Thanks!

kane
28-11-11, 07:48
Painting complete and planting starts and they testing the pool pump system.

KarenK
28-11-11, 12:18
Latest I heard......TOP Mar 2012

seddie
29-11-11, 19:55
The wire fence made the whole development look so cheap... I think it can easily be breached with a huge wire cutter! Anyone knows if there is any recourse by owners against the developer on this i.e. get them to change the fencing?

hyenergix
29-11-11, 20:04
Attached electricity to make it a formidable fence equivalent to a fortress.

http://www.cityjournal.in/Newspaper/20111017/Kerala/Kerala_4.html

kane
29-11-11, 22:00
Attached electricity to make it a formidable fence equivalent to a fortress.

http://www.cityjournal.in/Newspaper/20111017/Kerala/Kerala_4.html

you get fried cats and dogs every other day i reckon. and the occasional fried monkey.

mcmlxxvi
29-11-11, 22:07
you get fried cats and dogs every other day i reckon. and the occasional fried monkey.
LOL..............!!!!!

teddybear
29-11-11, 22:31
Yah, nowsadays, another place for developers to cut costs! :doh:

The wire fence made the whole development look so cheap... I think it can easily be breached with a huge wire cutter! Anyone knows if there is any recourse by owners against the developer on this i.e. get them to change the fencing?

kane
29-11-11, 23:09
Yeah like clover. Some of the fence line is concrete, the other part is wire fences.

KarenK
30-11-11, 11:28
is this going to be the permanent fence, or is it a temporary one until they build the permanent one?

hopeful
30-11-11, 11:44

No lah, based on my limited experience in electric fencing.
Plantation owners installed that during the nursery phase, to deter ground pests, like elephants, wild pigs, etc, but won't kill them.

hopeful
30-11-11, 11:45

won't wire fencing make the ground floor areas more breezy?

howgozit
30-11-11, 11:52
I think security is not the issue but aesthetics. After TOP, residents can form a committee to pressure developer.... don't keep your hopes too high though

kane
30-11-11, 21:46
I least expect UOL to do this. Maybe it's a temporary fence.

bargain hunter
01-12-11, 20:10
UOL presentation slides gave no clue. only said 1Q 2012 TOP. so anytime between Jan and Mar lah. Be patient. :ashamed1:

zzz1
03-12-11, 21:03
I think security is not the issue but aesthetics. After TOP, residents can form a committee to pressure developer.... don't keep your hopes too high though
The existing stack which they have undergo A&A has already gave huge saving already.. Now still want to save on fencing...
I doudt that, during constuction , they wil ever consider it even pressure by mc(on what basis??)

azeoprop
08-12-11, 14:25
Update 8th dec 2011. :)

azeoprop
08-12-11, 14:27
Update Part 2

KarenK
08-12-11, 21:02
thanks for the pics! :spliff:

but looks like the cheapo wire fence is here to stay........ :mad:

land118
08-12-11, 21:06

UOL is real cheapo:doh:

kane
08-12-11, 22:06
looks like those that they would use for workers dorm. yucky.

At least Sim Lian did a wall fence facing the main road at St 22 for Clover and this cheapo fence for the stretch from the guardhouse to Bishan Park.

teddybear
08-12-11, 23:07
Looks like wire fence is a recent few years phenomenon for these newly TOP estates! Such cheapo estate yet sell at super peak price! :doh:

mantrix
09-12-11, 07:47
Looks like wire fence is a recent few years phenomenon for these newly TOP estates! Such cheapo estate yet sell at super peak price! :doh:

This time i agree with you teddy :D

kane
09-12-11, 07:54
Have super nice kitchen finishing but give this kind of lousy fence. What were they thinking.

Jcmillineum
09-12-11, 08:44

I don't like the wire fence either...why can't they build brick walls?
Moreover, the grills for the balcony also looks cheap old fashioned, why can't they use the classier impact resistance glass?...sigh!

Btw, when does this project TOP huh? Been waiting for ages! Dunno whether to sell it or not...prices coming down!:scared-4:

devilplate
09-12-11, 08:47
Moreover, the grills for the balcony also looks cheap old fashioned, why can't they use the classier impact resistance glass?...sigh!

Btw, when does this project TOP huh? Been waiting for ages! Dunno whether to sell it or not...prices coming down!:scared-4:
its too late liao

px oredi dropped 17% on 7th dec nite

land118
09-12-11, 09:03
Have super nice kitchen finishing but give this kind of lousy fence. What were they thinking. This type of fence, easily can use wire cutter to cut and intruders can get into condo easily. Remind me of some MRT Bishan depot, those vandalisers cut through a fence. Just that this one is of different colour.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/vandals-breach-bishan-depot-smrt-train-vandalised-155409194.html

Maybe some stray dogs can even dig a hole below the fence and crawl through...:doh:

scsc
09-12-11, 09:21
its too late liao

px oredi dropped 17% on 7th dec nite

17% discount of bullman trade was on landed rite?

i believe CCR is no1 hit on short-term & likely reduce price by 25% in 1-2yrs
The rest will gradually slow & see about 10-15% price reduction...

Nobody can predict how the Euro crisis will pan out (same goes to US, China, India). If lucky, then like 2008-2009 again. If still bad after 2-3yrs, then all of us in bad bad shape juz like the 2000-2005 trough..

But my feeling is that we maybe in the latter :scared-4:
Then I fear for Spore... PAP caught in a dilemma of tightening net immigration flow to suit near-term political stance while orchestrating an economic soft-landing & steady stance (No more hot & vibrant).

devilplate
09-12-11, 10:09

Nobody can predict how the Euro crisis will pan out (same goes to US, China, India). If lucky, then like 2008-2009 again. If still bad after 2-3yrs, then all of us in bad bad shape juz like the 2000-2005 trough..

Then I fear for Spore... PAP caught in a dilemma of tightening net immigration flow to suit near-term political stance while orchestrating an economic soft-landing & steady stance (No more hot & vibrant).
exactly my thoughts ;)

stl67
09-12-11, 11:07

I actually like wire fence. can grow creepers to make the estate looks very green.. another thing is the air/wind circulation effects partly is because I am always complaining hot, hot,:) hot

Jcmillineum
09-12-11, 17:59

I suspect measures like that will cause the rental rates to go up as foreigners will seek to rent rather than buy at exorbitant rates. Hence, people will be resistant to selling, and thus will still drive the property prices up no matter what...! silly...:doh: :doh: :doh:

azeoprop
09-12-11, 18:13
I actually like wire fence. can grow creepers to make the estate looks very green.. another thing is the air/wind circulation effects partly is because I am always complaining hot, hot,:) hot

I think that is the plan, they are growing creepers on the wire fence. Soon people can't see through into the development liaoz.

mcmlxxvi
09-12-11, 18:25
exactly my thoughts ;)
Case of left hand beat right hand, left foot step right foot....

Jcmillineum
09-12-11, 19:31
I think that is the plan, they are growing creepers on the wire fence. Soon people can't see through into the development liaoz.

They better be....I paid good money for this property, I don't expect cheapo and shoddy work!:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

scsc
09-12-11, 19:32
I suspect measures like that will cause the rental rates to go up as foreigners will seek to rent rather than buy at exorbitant rates. Hence, people will be resistant to selling, and thus will still drive the property prices up no matter what...! silly...:doh: :doh: :doh:
Rental rates is a tricky question.
"Wanna buy to stay but hit by ABSD, so LL stay in rental place".
My first foremost thought was this too BUT after thinking over, this scenario will only hold if renters still have job & Spore economy still vibrant. If world economy sucks, likewise goes for Spore & likewise those flowery jobs that offer big paycheck. They may not wanna pack their bags BUT ask to malik kampong. (IMO, they are much preferred than those overseas speculators that juz come here to fry our tiny island)

On yr 2nd point, the majority by resisting to sell will not cause PPI to go up. When the scenario of Extreme FEAR arrives, the little minority will have weak legs & gradually creating a domino effect. No need to argue about this point, we can sit down & observe the Euro facing this situation. :scared-3:

zzz1
09-12-11, 19:53
That gona to take, 2 , 3 years for the creepers to become fully bushy?

maseratiq2
14-12-11, 16:20
With regards to TOP, the weather is surely not helping. How to work outdoors like that??

Just passed by the site this morning, after a long time, and I must say a lot of work has been done since then. There was this SUPER BIG aluminium-type signage shouting out "Meadows@Peirce". Landscaping is also almost completed.

Anyway, I was reading an old thread from Skyscrapercity and I saw a picture showing the Project Information... it said Expected Date of Completion: 1 April 2011.

See http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=20774293

maseratiq2
15-12-11, 08:08
Today received letter from Bank telling me they have dispersed 60%.

So now left 2 more:

Notice of Vacant Possession: 25%
On Completion Date: 15%

maseratiq2
15-12-11, 08:16
It's disbursed, not dispersed... sorry, my bad.

ysyap
15-12-11, 08:32
Today received letter from Bank telling me they have dispersed 60%.

So now left 2 more:

Notice of Vacant Possession: 25%
On Completion Date: 15%Can it be possible that the last 5% before TOP (for carpark, etc) coincide with the dispersion of the 25% for TOP, ie dispersing 30% at one go?

evilllll
15-12-11, 08:40
Can it be possible that the last 5% before TOP (for carpark, etc) coincide with the dispersion of the 25% for TOP, ie dispersing 30% at one go?
The last disbursement will be 1 year after TOP....:)

ysyap
15-12-11, 08:42
The last disbursement will be 1 year after TOP....:)Thx. I'm referring to the 5% for carpark inspection, not the final 15% a year after TOP. :)

maseratiq2
15-12-11, 08:53
Booking Fee (Cash) – 5%
Sales & Purchase Agreement (CASH / CPF) – 15%
Foundation – 10%
Reinforced Concrete – 10%
Brick Walls – 5%
Ceiling / Roofing – 5%
Electric Wiring / Plumbing – 5%
Carparks / Roads / Drains – 5%
Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) – 25%
Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) – 15%

ysyap
15-12-11, 08:55
Booking Fee (Cash) – 5%
Sales & Purchase Agreement (CASH / CPF) – 15%
Foundation – 10%
Reinforced Concrete – 10%
Brick Walls – 5%
Ceiling / Roofing – 5%
Electric Wiring / Plumbing – 5%
Carparks / Roads / Drains – 5%
Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) – 25%
Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) – 15%Thank you for providing this information. So will developers ever collect the 5% for carparks/roads/drains together with the 25% for Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) together?

maseratiq2
15-12-11, 08:58
:)

I think all have been collected.

Now the next payment is upon TOP. 25%

Then final 15% is upon CSC.

ysyap
15-12-11, 09:00
:)

I think all have been collected.

Now the next payment is upon TOP. 25%

Then final 15% is upon CSC.No wonder I failed my English, cant express myself well.. Lol! I'm not referring to this project. I'm saying for any other developers. Can developers collect 30% at one go? :ashamed1:

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 09:54
not the norm leh. u kenna before?

No wonder I failed my English, cant express myself well.. Lol! I'm not referring to this project. I'm saying for any other developers. Can developers collect 30% at one go? :ashamed1:

ysyap
15-12-11, 10:08
not the norm leh. u kenna before?Not yet but was thinking if a project has two blocks already ready but one other block is still very slow coz got a change of layout for the penthouse (maybe someone bought and made major changes to it so need to resubmit to authorities) so I guess this final block will only be ready when the carparks and drains have completed with the inspection and ready for TOP... :cheers1: Hmmm...

zzz1
15-12-11, 10:47
Can it be possible that the last 5% before TOP (for carpark, etc) coincide with the dispersion of the 25% for TOP, ie dispersing 30% at one go?
It wil be based on the specified terms of milestone payment, and at the hand of the bankers/lawyer.

Owner in fact have to say except that need to have the required fund in the account...

zzz1
15-12-11, 10:53
No wonder I failed my English, cant express myself well.. Lol! I'm not referring to this project. I'm saying for any other developers. Can developers collect 30% at one go? :ashamed1:
Possible .... Depend on the pre arrangement before contract , most developer follow Market norms..

Usually they preferred to break up for easy claim, if two conditions are tied into one payment and any held of the condition will delay their claim process...

ysyap
15-12-11, 11:31
Possible .... Depend on the pre arrangement before contract , most developer follow Market norms..

Usually they preferred to break up for easy claim, if two conditions are tied into one payment and any held of the condition will delay their claim process...Thank you for your answer... :)

KarenK
24-12-11, 21:56
went to check it out yesterday morning........took a closer look at the back where my unit is. looks like quite certain the cheapo wire fence is here to stay. what is more troubling are the back gates. I certainly hope those are temporary until the security system is installed and entry/exit is via access card rather than the good ol' lock & key??? it looks like what u see at kampungs leh...... :confused:

the banglas look like they are rushing for time......wet weather they are still frantically working and one nite I even saw them painting although I wonder how they can see whether they are painting properly..... :beats-me-man:

hyenergix
25-12-11, 06:31
went to check it out yesterday morning........took a closer look at the back where my unit is. looks like quite certain the cheapo wire fence is here to stay. what is more troubling are the back gates. I certainly hope those are temporary until the security system is installed and entry/exit is via access card rather than the good ol' lock & key??? it looks like what u see at kampungs leh...... :confused:

the banglas look like they are rushing for time......wet weather they are still frantically working and one nite I even saw them painting although I wonder how they can see whether they are painting properly..... :beats-me-man:

I drive past there quite often. Frankly the facade looks like students' hostel and the sunken land plus wire fence didn't help. In addition, the traffic along Upper Thomson road is heavy and the vehicles have to accelerate against a slight slope at the traffic junction. Fortunately the owners didn't pay very high psf for this condo.

hyenergix
25-12-11, 06:48
A much better designed and located condo is The Calrose, which is nearby. I'm not vested there.

zzz1
25-12-11, 08:14
I drive past there quite often. Frankly the facade looks like students' hostel and the sunken land plus wire fence didn't help. In addition, the traffic along Upper Thomson road is heavy and the vehicles have to accelerate against a slight slope at the traffic junction. Fortunately the owners didn't pay very high psf for this condo..

During that launch time 3/4 qt 09 was considered very very high then ...

kane
25-12-11, 12:07
A much better designed and located condo is The Calrose, which is nearby. I'm not vested there.

Agree. This facade looks a little too sanitized. I drove past the site today. No creepers on the fence line...

ysyap
25-12-11, 13:35
A new cluster house is going to be launched nearby... any other feedback on the vicinity? :spliff:

kane
25-12-11, 14:36
Which is that?

mantrix
25-12-11, 22:26
Which is that?

Poet's villa...even more ulu....:beats-me-man:

mantrix
25-12-11, 22:28

The road is a 2 lane road with no traffic lights - with 400++ units the cars queue up like nobody's business during rush hours though

kane
25-12-11, 22:29

That's a good retirement village. Or unless you have an access card to cut through meadows to the main road.

ysyap
26-12-11, 05:48
Those who stay in Poet's Villa should drive or be driven in and out... If walking, then take it as exercise lor... like most landed properties in all parts of Singapore... :D

danntbt
26-12-11, 08:41
Poets work better in seclusion......

hyenergix
26-12-11, 08:47
Meadows meadows where are you?

http://blendedlifestyle.blogspot.com/2009/11/we-drink-meadows.html

solsys
26-12-11, 08:53
Poets work better in seclusion......

Ah, now i understand why they call it 'Poets' liao.... maybe hermit better? or the 'The Beach' just like the movie by Leonardo Dicaprio?

flagship74
26-12-11, 09:17

During that launch time 3/4 qt 09 was considered very very high then ...
fortunately the buyers expectation are not high then..if now they would probably #$%#!:simmering:

ysyap
26-12-11, 16:16
Drove pass the place today... looks good and promising until I noticed the sad looking fencing... really look like a school hostel... :scared-5:

KarenK
26-12-11, 20:21
Poet's is 99-yr LH sitting on either 999 or FH land. The land is ultimately owned by some teacher's union (or smtg like that) which chose to sell it on 99-yr LH....

ysyap
26-12-11, 22:54
Poet's is 99-yr LH sitting on either 999 or FH land. The land is ultimately owned by some teacher's union (or smtg like that) which chose to sell it on 99-yr LH....Whether its own by some teacher's union or govt, neither you nore your children will be around to watch it handed back so it doesn't really matter who owns that piece of land... :cheers6:

kane
26-12-11, 22:56
Whether its own by some teacher's union or govt, neither you nore your children will be around to watch it handed back so it doesn't really matter who owns that piece of land... :cheers6:

i think there'll be some challenges when you try to call for en bloc 20 years later.

ysyap
27-12-11, 07:32
i think there'll be some challenges when you try to call for en bloc 20 years later.Unless the owners have use of the land or something which is unlikely coz they have a 99 yr lease so cannot. Then an enbloc opportunity comes along, this same owner will enjoy an extension of his fortune at the expense of his future generation lor.... Lol! :)

kane
27-12-11, 07:42
Unless the owners have use of the land or something which is unlikely coz they have a 99 yr lease so cannot. Then an enbloc opportunity comes along, this same owner will enjoy an extension of his fortune at the expense of his future generation lor.... Lol! :)

Ura's goals for en bloc is redevelopment. When the owner is a private owner, their goal for allow for redevelopment on their land may be very different. They may have a profit objective and scupper the potentially lucrative deal for the owners.

ysyap
27-12-11, 08:28
Ura's goals for en bloc is redevelopment. When the owner is a private owner, their goal for allow for redevelopment on their land may be very different. They may have a profit objective and scupper the potentially lucrative deal for the owners.Yup yup yup... pull your resources with your friends and buy a FH old bungalow with huge land area then sell to developers on 99 yr LH lor... Lol! :p

Laguna
27-12-11, 09:07
If I remembered correctly, those who bot the high rise block were being short changed as this block is being retrofitted from the earlier building instead of tear down and rebuild.

ysyap
27-12-11, 09:48
If I remembered correctly, those who bot the high rise block were being short changed as this block is being retrofitted from the earlier building instead of tear down and rebuild.That means the building must be subjected to constantly inspection according to Singapore construction regulations soon, once it reaches certain number of years.... :eek:

kane
27-12-11, 10:42
If I remembered correctly, those who bot the high rise block were being short changed as this block is being retrofitted from the earlier building instead of tear down and rebuild.

Yea, it's from the oold block. Cos if they tore it down, they'll have to follow the lower height restriction.

zzz1
27-12-11, 11:48
The psf is in fact more expensive then the new stack...:doh:

mantrix
27-12-11, 13:19
The psf is in fact more expensive then the new stack...:doh:

because of the view...but i would worry if some of the earlier inhabitants really left at all!

zzz1
27-12-11, 19:10
because of the view...but i would worry if some of the earlier inhabitants really left at all!
The view the most see the tree top canopy and that about it.. Nothing to shout about...

Ye... ....eer.... I do agree with the 'ex' resident may be still lurking around..