PDA

View Full Version : The Está (D15, Freehold, MCL Land)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

C.X
07-10-08, 10:54
well, if you buy at 650 psf, and hold for 2 more years, i believe esta still able to gain back to 1k psf level, why not a good investment? as you said, "can make money i sell,cannot make i will stay". why not?

Hi Pal,

Personally i feel that amber road/amber gardens will be over congested with so many new projects coming up.it's just my thoughts,Esta will definetly shoot up back to maybe 1kpsf but it's a matter of time.no matter how,Esta is still situated @ Katong.:) Personally i don't see Esta will drop to $650psf(no hard feeling)unless the onwer is really really desperate & eager to sell.;)

Cheers

joe6816.
07-10-08, 10:58
Hi Pal,

Personally i feel that amber road/amber gardens will be over congested with so many new projects coming up.it's just my thoughts,Esta will definetly shoot up back to maybe 1kpsf but it's a matter of time.no matter how,Esta is still situated @ Katong.:) Personally i don't see Esta will drop to $650psf(no hard feeling)unless the onwer is really really desperate & eager to sell.;)

Cheers

End 09 there will be ERP on Amber Garden Road. Haha

C.X
07-10-08, 11:02
End 09 there will be ERP on Amber Garden Road. Haha

Oh really?:doh:

Joe6816
07-10-08, 13:24
Oh really?:doh:

Sure good returns, Esta already 400 units, 1 amber 562, plus the rest of projects there at least can hit 1500 to 2000 cars. Just charge $1 per entry/exit. What u think?

C.X
07-10-08, 13:59
Sure good returns, Esta already 400 units, 1 amber 562, plus the rest of projects there at least can hit 1500 to 2000 cars. Just charge $1 per entry/exit. What u think?

Not forgetting sliversea & rose garden site as well..confirmed got returns.:tongue3:

registered
07-10-08, 14:22

BRAIN LESS TALK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

esta_650psf
07-10-08, 14:43
Not forgetting sliversea & rose garden site as well..confirmed got returns.:tongue3:
then they should go for marine parade, entire still road leh, more cars

buy
07-10-08, 14:54
every countries also got a lot of cars one

New york , Bangkok , Shanghai. etc

only kampong areas no cars lor

Want to stay in a no traffice place

I think can go ubi island ba

esta_650psf
07-10-08, 15:08
every countries also got a lot of cars one

New york , Bangkok , Shanghai. etc

only kampong areas no cars lor

Want to stay in a no traffice place

I think can go ubi island ba
if more ppl go ubi island, sooner will have ERP also! :p

buy
07-10-08, 15:54
if more ppl go ubi island, sooner will have ERP also! :p

never know

maybe ubi island will become the next

seafront living , and the next upcoming race track centre

will be in changi too

Unreg¡stered
07-10-08, 16:00
never know

maybe ubi island will become the next

seafront living , and the next upcoming race track centre

will be in changi too
But can't buy anything in Ubin yet leh. How to invest?

C.X
07-10-08, 17:02
then they should go for marine parade, entire still road leh, more cars

Wahaha..If they were to do that :tsk-tsk: :scared-1: i can't imagine the residents staying there..:tongue3:

Joe6816
07-10-08, 17:15
Wahaha..If they were to do that :tsk-tsk: :scared-1: i can't imagine the residents staying there..:tongue3:

Guess this is how forum suppose to be. TCSS:)

Unregistered.
07-10-08, 17:49
分析员:金融外来人才失业 楼市将间接受创
吴慧敏 (2008-09-19)
  房地产分析员认为,这一场金融大海啸的影响力仍无法估计,不过如果冲击到新加坡的就业市场,造成人们失去工作、外籍高管人才收拾包袱回家,那么本地的办公楼和私宅市场都会受创。

首当其冲的将是租金市场,如果情况没有在未来6个月改善,那么楼价也可能加剧下滑。

他们相信,财力雄厚的发展商应该会在短期内继续扣着项目不发,等待尘埃落定。但是,一些没有持守能力的屋主,可能被迫放下身段,来脱售手头上的房子。

这一场金融大海啸不但卷走了上百亿元的股票价值,也拌倒了一个又一个的国际金融巨人,包括AIG、雷曼兄弟、美林等。

雷曼兄弟在新加坡聘有270名员工,据了解,员工已经接获通知,工作到这个月底。

卓登(Chesterton)研究部主管陈瑞谨说:“昨天我听说有至少两位雷曼兄弟的职员,通知房东要取消租约。这家公司的所有人都失去了工作,当中有多少外籍高管人才并不清楚,如果无法在短时间内找到新工作,他们都得收拾包袱回家。”

美林在新加坡的办事处则聘有1600、1700人。目前所有员工都非常关注新主人——美国银行会对新加坡分行作出什么决定?两家银行一旦合并,一些业务重复的部门是否会关闭,是否会有人被裁退?

据了解,美林在新加坡租用了两间办公室,一间在滨海湾,另一间在港湾城。雷曼兄弟的办事处则设在新达城。

高纬物业(Cushman & Wakefield)新加坡董事经理韩永利说,新达城的租用率还是处于96%的高水平,整个市场的健康良好。“问题是,不利情绪将渗到市场上来,这么大的投资银行倒闭肯定会让市场震惊。”

戴德梁行(DTZ Tie Leung)区域研究部主管高春华也认为,金融市场的动荡将导致已经见顶的办公楼租金加速下滑。

美林在8月26日发表的一份报告书估计,新加坡的甲级办公楼租金将在2009年,由每平方英尺16元下跌至14元,并于2010年和2011年进一步下滑至每平方英尺10元和8元。

市场人士相信,金融业将出现更多的整合活动。目前市场盛谣摩根史丹利正在寻找买家,高盛和花旗也被传需要寻找金主。

第一太平戴维斯(Savills)行销与业务开发主管邱瑞荣说:“本地金融业可能会有一些人失去工作。如果情况进一步恶化,造成流失的工作比制造的新工作多,那么居住在新加坡的外籍高管人才将减少,导致公寓和办公楼的需求减少。这样一来,租金将受影响,如果情况延续至6个月或更久,办公楼和公寓价格也会受创。”

Unreg¡stered
08-10-08, 01:00
分析员:金融外来人才失业 楼市将间接受创
吴慧敏 (2008-09-19)
  房地产分析员认为,这一场金融大海啸的影响力仍无法估计,不过如果冲击到新加坡的就业市场,造成人们失去工作、外籍高管人才收拾包袱回家,那么本地的办公楼和私宅市场都会受创。

第一太平戴维斯(Savills)行销与业务开发主管邱瑞荣说:“本地金融业可能会有一些人失去工作。如果情况进一步恶化,造成流失的工作比制造的新工作多,那么居住在新加坡的外籍高管人才将减少,导致公寓和办公楼的需求减少。这样一来,租金将受影响,如果情况延续至6个月或更久,办公楼和公寓价格也会受创。”
Wah lau!
Your watch stopped working or you have been sleeping for the past 1 month?
Post 1-month-old new here? What the fùck?

buy
08-10-08, 01:19
Wah lau!
Your watch stopped working or you have been sleeping for the past 1 month?
Post 1-month-old new here? What the fùck?

kekeke

nothing to said

Joe6816
08-10-08, 12:54
1475sqft, 3+1, pool facing. Mid floor, normal balcony. call me for details. 81712412

Unregistered!
08-10-08, 13:49
1475sqft, 3+1, pool facing. Mid floor, normal balcony. call me for details. 81712412
Hi Joe, wats the asking price psf? your negotiation power can go for how much psf?

Harry
08-10-08, 17:12
SINGAPORE, Oct 8, 2008 (AFP) - Singapore appears headed for its first recession since 2002 as the city-state suffers from a US economy wilting under its worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, economists say.

Southeast Asia's wealthiest economy in terms of GDP per capita is heavily dependent on trade, which makes it sensitive to hiccups in developed economies, particularly key export markets the US and Europe.

The crisis that began last year in the US subprime, or higher-risk, mortgage sector is now infecting European shores, and Singapore may very likely find itself in an extended downturn, economists said.

They expect this Friday's release of preliminary economic data for the third quarter to confirm Singapore is in a technical recession, generally defined as two consecutive quarters of quarter-on-quarter contractions in economic output.

"We are pencilling in the worst for Singapore.... We might see two straight years of (economic) contractions (from 2009 to 2010)," said Song Seng Wun, a regional economist with CIMB-GK Research.

While the last technical recession came six years ago, the most recent full-scale recession was in 2001 when the economy contracted 2.4 percent during the year.

After years of growth, signs of a slowdown emerged with recent disappointing trade data and contractions in the important manufacturing sector, which includes the country's export-dependent electronic and pharmaceutical industries.

In August, key non-oil domestic exports fell for the fourth straight month, with electronic shipments continuing a decline begun in February 2007, and manufacturing dropped by 12.2 percent.

The August fall in output followed a 21.5 percent decline the previous month.

In the second quarter to June, Singapore's economy contracted 6.0 percent on an annualised, quarter-on-quarter basis and the negative trend likely extended into the third quarter, said economists.

"Things are bad globally," said Kit Wei Zheng, Citigroup's vice president for regional economics and market analysis.

"There are a lot of downside risks and in such a scenario, one cannot hope for a quick recovery," he said in Singapore.

Kit is optimistically forecasting a fourth-quarter recovery, with full-year growth at 2.8 percent.

Song said his revised 2009 forecast would likely be for negative growth.

He said that given the rarity of the global crisis, "the numbers we may be looking at may be once in a century for Singapore."

According to economists' calculations, more than two-thirds of the country's economy, valued at 243.17 billion Singapore dollars in 2007 (166.46 billion US), is driven by external demand.

The island nation has no significant domestic economic drivers to lean on because its market of almost five million is simply too small, said economists.

"If the world is in a recession, there is little that we can boost," said Song. "Our plan B is really to try to make the local population bigger."

Economists from Credit Suisse also see Singapore's economy slowing further next year.

"Signs that growth will be lower in 2009 than in 2008 are everywhere... lower job and income growth, falling asset prices, and flat to negative export growth," they said in a report.

"By sector, the global financial turmoil could hit financial services growth hard, exports are likely to drag down manufacturing, and the biomedical sector is expected to remain under pressure from competition from generic drugs."

In early August Singapore's government cut its forecast for economic growth this year to between four and five percent.

But Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam warned this week that the country could be stuck in an economic downturn that may last "several quarters" as the global crisis evolves.

"It is now an economic crisis," he was quoted as saying Monday in The Straits Times.

"So globally the economy is slowing down. This is a fact that we cannot escape."

Joe6816
08-10-08, 21:32
Hi Joe, wats the asking price psf? your negotiation power can go for how much psf?

asking 950psf. call me loh, i try any offer.

toaler
08-10-08, 22:27
i reckon the comfortable price for this development should be around 700-750 psf.. dont think we are too far from that already

ha ha ha
09-10-08, 00:10
asking 950psf. call me loh, i try any offer.

hahaha....that's a joke right!
Anyone who pay more than 800 is really financially illiterate!

Unregistered Person
09-10-08, 00:34
Would there even be people willing to sell below 800 in the first place? If there was, would it be a worthwhile unit?

Unregistered.
09-10-08, 10:29
Would there even be people willing to sell below 800 in the first place? If there was, would it be a worthwhile unit?
why not? if this is for investment, if no rental to cover the mthly installment, if burn finger in stock market. why not? bought at 650 sell at 800, still can make money wah, just make less, right? don't be so gready can liao

recession confirmed
09-10-08, 10:33
why not? if this is for investment, if no rental to cover the mthly installment, if burn finger in stock market. why not? bought at 650 sell at 800, still can make money wah, just make less, right? don't be so gready can liao

But the problem is sell 800psf also nobody want to buy, singapore confirm go into recession, somemore extended recession. Price will be around 700psf maximum by next year.

esta_650psf
09-10-08, 10:36
But the problem is sell 800psf also nobody want to buy, singapore confirm go into recession, somemore extended recession. Price will be around 700psf maximum by next year.
1475*700 > 1 mil! so i insist 650 psf! :p

Cash is King
09-10-08, 10:44

Yup, buy 650 sell 800 is the right choice now. READ THIS ESTA OWNER, cash out now, STI will go below 2k mark soon(may be today). Cash is king. CASH OUT for the coming winter. Fight the war again when spring is here in future. Dun be greedy.

Reality Bites
09-10-08, 10:45
Just out today:

==============
Published October 9, 2008

Merrill reduces Singapore to underweight Move follows downgrades in property and banking sectors

By OH BOON PING

Building trap: Merrill expects residential prices to fall by 10% this year and 25% in 2009

In a report, the investment house said it has cut the portfolio weighting for Singapore to 4.27 per cent - below the benchmark weighting of 5.14 per cent.

'Although Singapore initially scores well in our model, our Singapore property and banking analysts have downgraded their respective sectors. As these two sectors account for around half of market cap, we are overriding the model to bring Singapore to a heavy underweight.'
For example, its banking analyst Andrew Maule believes a protracted slowdown in the property market will impact profits in 2009.

Specifically, loan growth is expected to slow to mid-single digits from the current 26 per cent year-on-year, while weaker capital markets and reduced appetite for wealth management products will likely hurt market-sensitive revenues.

As for real estate, the research house thinks any chance for a recovery in the second half of this year has disappeared with the deterioration in the economy. For example, it expects residential prices to fall by 10 per cent this year and 25 per cent in 2009.

With demand weak and high inventories, it does not see property stabilising before 2010. Meanwhile, office capital values have peaked due to rising debt cost and lower rentals ahead.

Furthermore, Singapore is exposed to the global slowdown more than other countries, as its exports-to- GDP ratio is the highest in the region, the report adds.

In August, non-oil domestic exports from the city state worsened - sinking 14 per cent from a year ago - the fourth straight monthly drop and the biggest decline since December 2006.

Similarly, factory output shrank 12.2 per cent year-on-year in August on a 35.7 per cent contraction in the pharmaceuticals segment.

The analysts felt that Singapore stocks are not backed by earnings, where 12-month forward earnings from June are up just 4 per cent year-on-year and valuations are not especially cheap either. Least preferred stocks are Singapore Exchange, CapitaLand and Keppel Land.

Elsewhere in the region, Merrill issued mild underweights on India, Taiwan and the Philippines, but has a heavy overweight on China, Hong Kong and Australia.
==============

So property prices are predicted to drop by 35% before 2010. Assuming a conversative 25% fall, and the fact that average asking price for Esta is now between 850-900 psf, circa 650psf is very possible in the next 12 months.

Esta 550
09-10-08, 10:46
1475*700 > 1 mil! so i insist 650 psf! :p

when drop to 650 also dun buy, who knows will drop to 550

esta_650psf
09-10-08, 10:54
when drop to 650 also dun buy, who knows will drop to 550
you too much lah. 1475 * 650 < 1 M, i m happy already. otherwise will expect to buy at 900K, 850K, or 800K, no end leh...

Joe6816
09-10-08, 11:04
you too much lah. 1475 * 650 < 1 M, i m happy already. otherwise will expect to buy at 900K, 850K, or 800K, no end leh...

who will know what will happen next year!

Unreg¡stered
09-10-08, 11:12
who will know what will happen next year!
Exactly.
Will follow the rest and queue for the purchase of HDB flat at $550psf.

HDB flats will rule from now onwards.
HDB flats will may move higher than its current $550psf.

Joe6816, esta_650psf and Esta 550, let's go buy HDB flat at $550psf. That is the trend now.

Joe6816
09-10-08, 11:21
Exactly.

Joe6816, esta_650psf and Esta 550, let's go buy HDB flat at $550psf. That is the trend now.

wat i mean is who will know what kind if price Esta will be next year. might not be 550 or 650, units might be taken up if selling 700 to 750psf.

HDB difference, how much u paid for it's still leasehold. Even fully paid also consider not direct ownership. But lets say HDB st duxton is bought at 645k, how much the owner will sell in future? 1m? Who knows?

UN1001
09-10-08, 11:56
If the prices correction is too steep.....a lot of owners will go bankrupt! This is not a desirable scenerio. Confidence will be shot to hell! And the recovery will be protracted.

Get Real
09-10-08, 11:59
Exactly.

Get real. If private property prices plunge, its only a matter of time before the same happens to the prices of HDB flats.

Get Real
09-10-08, 12:07
. But lets say HDB st duxton is bought at 645k, how much the owner will sell in future? 1m? Who knows?

Those who buy at 645k may or may not ever see a profit should they choose to sell.

Remember the good old days when some "prime" HDB resale flats in Bishan and Tampines went for 680k? These buyers have not been able to sell at remotely close to 680k.

What I'm saying is this. Not every property buyer or owner will make a profit. Some will, some won't. Some buy low, sell high. Good for them. Some buy high, cannot sell high. Tough luck.

In every market, be it property or stocks, there will always be winners and losers.

UN1001
09-10-08, 12:11
There are a lot of un-informed HDB buyers out there. Their purchases are not governed by price correction in the private properties. I would say that the purchases is based on affordability, and also the proximity to MRT stations.

Also Govt and newspaper reports abt how HDB prices are holding up will only give the heartlanders the confidence to pay $550psf....they will be screwed for their ignorance.

Joe6816
09-10-08, 13:11
Those who buy at 645k may or may not ever see a profit should they choose to sell.

Remember the good old days when some "prime" HDB resale flats in Bishan and Tampines went for 680k? These buyers have not been able to sell at remotely close to 680k.

What I'm saying is this. Not every property buyer or owner will make a profit. Some will, some won't. Some buy low, sell high. Good for them. Some buy high, cannot sell high. Tough luck.

In every market, be it property or stocks, there will always be winners and losers.

Luck play a part too. My friend sold a HDB EM in Tampines to PR at 100k above valuation. Valuation think about 5XXk. Think PR also dun know much about pricing, maybe kena chop.

HDB owner
09-10-08, 13:53
Luck play a part too. My friend sold a HDB EM in Tampines to PR at 100k above valuation. Valuation think about 5XXk. Think PR also dun know much about pricing, maybe kena chop.
so should we try to sell our 5-room flat at 500K, and wait to buy Esta at $850K for the same size? wise idea?

buy
09-10-08, 13:55

Listen to warren

he love to invest in bad time one

buying all the cheap shares etc

then when stock market turn around he earns money

If anyone that think that stock market will not recover

i suggest that should have this concept that

The world is coming to an end........

laggard property price
09-10-08, 21:01
Listen to warren

he love to invest in bad time one

buying all the cheap shares etc

then when stock market turn around he earns money

If anyone that think that stock market will not recover

i suggest that should have this concept that

The world is coming to an end........

U are absolutely right! Buy only when times are bad but property prices here are laggard so pricing are way too unrealistic. Esta should not even be above 750psf in current climate.

Cass
09-10-08, 21:58
U are absolutely right! Buy only when times are bad but property prices here are laggard so pricing are way too unrealistic. Esta should not even be above 750psf in current climate.

Pls....THis is another cycle of crisis...Esta is still a freehold condo at amber road..No matter what,Esta is still worth 800psf at least..Even if its layout is not as fantastic as one expects,but the location is good.Surely,it will not drop to below launching price I believe..
And not forgetting one fact..After every financial crisis,the prices doesnt fall back to the Old days prices....

Right
09-10-08, 23:03
During crisis, properties have fallen below its launched price - eg some properties bought in the high of 97 had a bad fall below the launched price for a long time - and some, even during this round of recovery, also did not catch up with the launched price because it's either too old already or 99-year property. My bet is that Esta will fall to its launched price but as FH, it will recover with the market but that will be a while coming. Just my 2-cents, up to you to believe or not but you can check by your professional advisers - don't believe anything it's said here. Talk is cheap.

Unregistered Person
09-10-08, 23:04
From the whole thread, has anyone managed to map out the number of units (out of the 400 available) which has been advertised in the market? How many of which has already been sold to 2nd, or 3rd owner?

For the potential buyers, has anyone given a thought which unit you would be looking out for based on the availability as above?

True that there will be a few units that will get thrown out by speculators, or anyone in need of money etc. But what's the probability of good buy coming by? Also by the time the good buy comes by, would you still be holding your 1M cash? Or would you be holding on to tide over bad times?

For potentials sellers, TOP is coming soon, so why is it that the number of units getting advertised are always the same few? Undeniable that some might be greedy, but out of the 400 units? What do you think?

Unregisteredn
09-10-08, 23:17
Anybody know when the TOP will likely be issued?

Unregistered Person
09-10-08, 23:47
Latest by Dec '08

Joe6816
10-10-08, 09:42
Pls....THis is another cycle of crisis...Esta is still a freehold condo at amber road..No matter what,Esta is still worth 800psf at least..Even if its layout is not as fantastic as one expects,but the location is good.Surely,it will not drop to below launching price I believe..
And not forgetting one fact..After every financial crisis,the prices doesnt fall back to the Old days prices....

Latest, #18-0x sold for 920psf.

Sucker
10-10-08, 10:16
Hohoho..the fellow who bought it at this price is nuts...

buy
10-10-08, 10:18

Why u bother anyway

he not using your money right:doh:

Joe6816
10-10-08, 10:21

So wat price must he pay for it?

recession in here
10-10-08, 10:30
So wat price must he pay for it?
Singapore in recession, 700psf is the right price, some may even ask for $600psf now.

True
10-10-08, 10:34
600psf unlikely. if agents have any going at 700psf i'm considering...

Singapore in recession, 700psf is the right price, some may even ask for $600psf now.

Joe6816
10-10-08, 10:35

he's paying the price he's willing to pay. people buy for a reason, be it own stay or investment. you can't stop him from buying. you can't force him to buy if he dun wan to. buy wat u like, wat u wan. people like you will stop the world from spinning. Recession dun eat loh.

Unregistered recession
10-10-08, 10:37
he's paying the price he's willing to pay. people buy for a reason, be it own stay or investment. you can't stop him from buying. you can't force him to buy if he dun wan to. buy wat u like, wat u wan. people like you will stop the world from spinning. Recession dun eat loh.

500...400...300...200...100...50...0..free!

Joe6816
10-10-08, 10:40
600psf unlikely. if agents have any going at 700psf i'm considering...

There are a lot of buyers at 800psf range, if hit 800psf those good units will be taken up. prices for 700psf will be those low floor and poor facing. 600psf possible if ST hit 1400 but with tat, buyers might be affected too.

Joe6816
10-10-08, 10:42

Harry once said: Nothing is free in this world, even the air we breathe.

News
10-10-08, 10:53
I am on your side but you need to be technically correct when you post.

Singapore government forecasted Singapore in Technical Recession for Q3 2008 based on July and August figures. We will know the September results by the end of October.

Economists forecast lower GDP Growths for the next 2-3 years. They did not forecast Recession.
Just f.y.i..

The last "technical recession" occurred in 2002.

The last "recession" occurred in 2001 when the GDP growth was -2.4%.

And?
10-10-08, 10:59

And what will happen to you?

Pls lah. Wake up.

Real Estate Pundit
10-10-08, 11:02

Only 2 types of buyers willing to pay this kind of prices.....

1. Ignorant foreigner

AND

2. Local HDB upgrader.

Oh....sorry! Got 3.......Foreign HDB upgrader!

In 2 weeks time when the caveat appears, we will know.

Joe6816
10-10-08, 11:10

1. Ignorant foreigner

AND

2. Local HDB upgrader.

4. ......
5. ....

could jus go on n on.....

jus a buyer tat buy wat he wan loh

C.X
10-10-08, 11:11

1. Ignorant foreigner

AND

2. Local HDB upgrader.

Well said.We will see more caveats being lodged in 2 weeks time.:)

C.X
10-10-08, 11:19
I myself believe that singapore can overcome this crisis.:)

Just my 2 cents:2cents:

buy
10-10-08, 11:19
Well said.We will see more caveats being lodged in 2 weeks time.:)

good or bad times

there will be still people buy one

bad times so no need to eat ?

no need to work?

stay at home and rot?

No.. Life still go on and on

where are the buyers?
10-10-08, 11:21

1. Ignorant foreigner

AND

2. Local HDB upgrader.

Depends lah.

Those who need an immediate roof will still need to buy.
Those who are thinking of upgrading may wait or still buy.
Those who want to invest, think thrice before making a move.
Those who need to move because of other factors will still buy.
Those who are stretch financially, don't buy.
Those who still can afford may wait or still buy.
Those who are very rich don't blink an eye.
Or a combination of some of the above ...

But one thing for sure, the number of buyers are dropping. Statistics don't lie. And today more buyers are all waiting on the sideline in this uncertain climate.

C.X
10-10-08, 11:22
good or bad times

there will be still people buy one

bad times so no need to eat ?

no need to work?

stay at home and rot?

No.. Life still go on and on

Agree bro.There will still be people buying cars & house in the market now! no matter how,life still goes on like you said.;)

Joe6816
10-10-08, 11:25
Depends lah.

Those who need an immediate roof will still need to buy.
Those who are thinking of upgrading may wait or still buy.
Those who want to invest, think thrice before making a move.
Those who need to move because of other factors will still buy.
Those who are stretch financially, don't buy.
Those who still can afford may wait or still buy.
Those who are very rich don't blink an eye.
Or a combination of some of the above ...

But one thing for sure, the number of buyers are dropping. Statistics don't lie. And today more buyers are all waiting on the sideline in this uncertain climate.

Agree, numbers of buyers are dropping but doesn't mean no buyer. People buy for their reasons.

the impact?
10-10-08, 11:26
Agree bro.There will still be people buying cars & house in the market now! no matter how,life still goes on like you said.;)

Life still goes on... Yes. but people will think thrice before making a commitment. I wanted to buy a third property but will have to wait and see the real impact of this financial crisis on Singapore economy and job market.

Joe6816
10-10-08, 11:33
Life still goes on... Yes. but people will think thrice before making a commitment. I wanted to buy a third property but will have to wait and see the real impact of this financial crisis on Singapore economy and job market.

wat will be the problems tat will happens if we are in a recession?

I believe credit cards bad debts will be 1 of them

buy
10-10-08, 11:33

It is just a cycle

Yes it is dropping now ...

But the stock market will up again

Ask yourself this Q

Stock market never drop before ?

Did it pick up again ? Yes it Did

I believe the wound will heal

C.X
10-10-08, 11:35

As for now,alot of people will think thrice before buying any property etc.haiz but the rich don't bother & care about reccession.Like a bro mentioned,they wanna buy,they will just buy.In my opinion,better put on hold for a 3rd property,cash on hand is the best.you won't know what will happen next.:scared-5:

wake up!
10-10-08, 11:35
Go check the valuations of your 2 props 1st, you may be bankrupted already without knowing.

C.X
10-10-08, 11:38
wat will be the problems tat will happens if we are in a recession?

I believe credit cards bad debts will be 1 of them

Like i mentioned before last month,credit cards bad debts will be another worst hit for them.:2cents:

Joe6816
10-10-08, 11:42
Like i mentioned before last month,credit cards bad debts will be another worst hit for them.:2cents:

When was the last time for bad debt? A few years back right? Banks written off a big sum right?

Joe6816
10-10-08, 11:45
Go check the valuations of your 2 props 1st, you may be bankrupted already without knowing.

cool down. Why attack others here. this forum is for us to pen down our thoughts. Dun attack others pls.

C.X
10-10-08, 11:48
When was the last time for bad debt? A few years back right? Banks written off a big sum right?

It's just a few years back only.Ask Uncle Bill,he will say: Good Debt, Bad Debt = No Debt after bank written off a Huge Sum of amount for them!:tongue3:

Real Estate Pundit
10-10-08, 12:08
This economic situation is really dragging everyone down.

Got cash, but no safe haven for positive return.

Now you guys talking about debts write offs, even blue chips like the banks are not good investments. Why? Only the banks kena write off bad debts!

change gear
10-10-08, 12:36

Appreciate your concern. I've enough reserve to handle any form of crisis.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Anyway that's not the point. What's really of major concern is the mood of investment. You either change to the next gear or step down the gear. Looks like it will be the later option.

C.X
10-10-08, 14:20
Appreciate your concern. I've enough reserve to handle any form of crisis.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Anyway that's not the point. What's really of major concern is the mood of investment. You either change to the next gear or step down the gear. Looks like it will be the later option.

:cheers4: :)

focus
10-10-08, 20:54
Wa... exciting times...
reallly can see fire sales next year..
Can't wait to lay my hands on my terraces. ...

buy
10-10-08, 21:36
anyway those shares index is overvalue

then its normal value

So now maybe it is returning to its normal value

A lot of people just thought that the stock market

is just up a up or down arrow without

knowing how the shares market works in the first place

C.X
10-10-08, 22:27
Wa... exciting times...
reallly can see fire sales next year..
Can't wait to lay my hands on my terraces. ...

<Can't wait to lay my hands on my terraces.>

Alot of people with Cash on Hand can't wait for that.:)

you stink
11-10-08, 15:57
You buying toilet space it is?

Haha
11-10-08, 16:03
You buying toilet space it is?
You staying in toilet bowl is it?

orange tee
11-10-08, 16:06
All property agents stop your nonsense postings please.

Eric
12-10-08, 09:27
Hey, everyone, dun be too worked up. Be focus and exercise some sef-restraint. Let's post info for the benefit and the better of this forum and forum users pls.:)

find sales
12-10-08, 11:24
Hey, everyone, dun be too worked up. Be focus and exercise some sef-restraint. Let's post info for the benefit and the better of this forum and forum users pls.:)
To all agents in this website, "Which is almost everyone in this website" Go out and close sales. Don't waste time in the showrooms until go crazy and post rubbish in this site.

Unregistered Person
12-10-08, 12:43
Think the thread moderators should do something abt this.

Too much misleading one sided info, rumours. Potential buyers and sellers should exercise their discretion and get concrete statistics before making any judgement.

Unregistered Person
12-10-08, 12:54
Also, just noted, there seems to be the highest number of posts for this thread in the District 15 zone.

get lost
12-10-08, 13:05

Too much misleading one sided info, rumours. Potential buyers and sellers should exercise their discretion and get concrete statistics before making any judgement.

Fcuk you, you asshole what we do is our problem, if you not happy go away.

Unregistered Person
12-10-08, 14:49
Fcuk you, you asshole what we do is our problem, if you not happy go away.

Thks for replying. This only proves that what I'm saying is true which alot of other non-agents would feel the same.

Good news!!!
12-10-08, 18:01
Thks for replying. This only proves that what I'm saying is true which alot of other non-agents would feel the same.
Recession was a april fools joke. tommorow everything back

to normal, relax everyone. MBS2 tommorow launching at

$5000psf, all new hdb units will be sold at $1000psf.

Everyone rejoice.

C.X
12-10-08, 20:30

Hi,

You can register yourself,PM the admin Mr.Funny of any complains or bad post.:)

Cheers

buy
13-10-08, 09:39
Maybe mod too busy with his work

reference only
13-10-08, 09:54

This is a forum. In a forum you will get both sides of the story.

One side say good, the other say bad
One side say buy, the other say don't buy
One side say invest, the other say not worth it
One side say too crowded, the other say just nice
One side say traffic jam, the other say no jam

Which side to believe then? Whatever being said here is for your reference only. If you want to buy property, go down to the showroom and survey the surroundings. Make sure you like the location, the renovation, the layout, the traffic condition, etc before making a decision.

But do agree that the moderator should remove all vulgarities posted. I've seen him doing that in other threads.

C.X
13-10-08, 11:11
Maybe mod too busy with his work

Bro,

Maybe you become mod.:tongue3:

buy
13-10-08, 14:17
Bro,

Maybe you become mod.:tongue3:

not me..thanks

EstaPSF
13-10-08, 17:44
Let's not panic here. There are a variety of layouts in The Esta. Out of all these layouts, only the 3BR 1313 open entrance is showing signs of crashing prices. The investors probaby only saw for the first time what the layout looks like and may have gotten worried. Otherwise, the other layouts seem to be holding steady in their psf, albeit very slightly lower than a few months back this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

33 Amber Gardens #21-05 Freehold $1132 2368 $2680k 22 Aug 08

31 Amber Gardens #08-02 Freehold $868 1475 $1280k 17 Sep 08
31 Amber Gardens #05-02 Freehold $830 1464 $1215k 01 Sep 08

39 Amber Gardens #11-19 Freehold $907 1345 $1220k 19 Sep 08
33 Amber Gardens #11-07 Freehold $936 1345 $1260k 18 Aug 08
33 Amber Gardens #13-07 Freehold $929 1345 $1250k 15 Aug 08

39 Amber Gardens #03-18 Freehold $800 1313 $1050k 01 Sep 08

37 Amber Gardens #11-15 Freehold $936 1173 $1098k 11 Aug 08
37 Amber Gardens #12-15 Freehold $912 1173 $1070k 01 Aug 08

33 Amber Gardens #10-05 Freehold $925 1130 $1045k 19 Aug 08

buy
13-10-08, 18:35
HONG KONG - Global stock markets rebounded strongly on Monday after last week's historic sell-off as governments from Europe to Australia and the U.S. intensified efforts to ease a financial crisis that threatened to the throw the world into recession.

SINGAPORE, Oct 13 - Singapore's Straits Times Index <.FTSTI> rose as much as 4 percent on Monday lifted by financial and property stocks, as the index rebounded from near a 4-year low last week.
ADVERTISEMENT
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['8wcHGHxsfLY-']='&U=13fmgjo9d%2fN%3d8wcHGHxsfLY-%2fC%3d629078.12732857.13035082.3272417%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5378559%2fV%3d1';
At 0640GMT, the index was 2032.48 or 4.32 percent higher.
Stocks in Southeast Asia were mostly higher after authorities worldwide took steps to resolve the financial crisis

buy
13-10-08, 22:37
CNA news reporting now stock market all rebound

the worse is going to be over soon reported by them

toaler
13-10-08, 23:01
CNA news reporting now stock market all rebound

the worse is going to be over soon reported by them

i think the shear scale of the rescue efforts being drawn out is a good indicator of how big this crisis is. dont expect it to blow over like some afternoon thunderstorm in singapore

Curious
14-10-08, 00:06
i think the shear scale of the rescue efforts being drawn out is a good indicator of how big this crisis is. dont expect it to blow over like some afternoon thunderstorm in singapore
If you are the government, what will you do?

Unregistered Person
14-10-08, 00:43

Have the same sentiments. Don't think that the storm is not yet over. But people learn from mistakes (hopefully), so let's see if the measures put in by various govts work.

Curious
14-10-08, 15:46
Have the same sentiments. Don't think that the storm is not yet over. But people learn from mistakes (hopefully), so let's see if the measures put in by various govts work.

buy
14-10-08, 21:21
Global stocks soar for the 2nd day

LONDON - Stock markets soared for a second day running on Tuesday, with Tokyo posting its biggest-ever gain after governments worldwide threw lifelines to ailing banks amid the worst financial crisis of the past century

Unregistered Person
14-10-08, 21:38

Improve in the cash liquidity in the market as much as possible by any means possible.

Real Estate Pundit
14-10-08, 22:00
Another week has pass and only 2 NEW caveats lodged between 27 Sep 08 to 03 Oct 08.

Unit___Size, sqft__$psf___Total_______Contract date
12-0X__1475_____905___$1,334,875__30 Sep 08 --- NEW
14-0X__1130_____916___$1,035,000__29 Sep 08 --- NEW
10-0X__1001_____959___$960,000___ 25 Sep 08
20-1X__1313_____890___$1,168,000__25 Sep 08
07-0X__1130_____890___$1,005,700__24 Sep 08
11-1X__1346_____906___$1,220,000__19 Sep 08
08-0X__1475_____868___$1,280,000__17 Sep 08
05-0X__1464_____830___$1,215,120__01 Sep 08
03-1X__1313_____800___$1,050,400__01 Sep 08
21-0X__2368_____1132__$2,680,000__22 Aug 08
10-0X__1130_____925___$1,045,250__19 Aug 08
11-0X__1346_____936___$1,260,000__18 Aug 08
13-0X__1346_____929___$1,250,000__15 Aug 08
11-1X__1173_____936___$1,098,000__11 Aug 08
12-1X__1173_____912___$1,070,000__01 Aug 08
15-04__1313_____855___$1,122,615__14 Jul 08
19-07__1346_____1000__$1,346,000__14 Jul 08
14-09__1399_____926___$1,295,000__09 Jul 08
10-12__1346_____877___$1,180,000__08 Jul 08
13-11__1593_____929___$1,480,000__07 Jul 08
19-20__1561_____974___$1,520,000__27 Jun 08
10-11__1561_____955___$1,490,755__24 Jun 08

Unreg¡stered
15-10-08, 00:12
Improve in the cash liquidity in the market as much as possible by any means possible.
OK. This one sounds good. I think many have waken up and started doing it. Anything else?

Joe6816
15-10-08, 12:56
Best view unit. 3 room, facing mountbatten road. very very high floor. 8xxpsf only. Offer now before it's gone. joe 81712412

buy
15-10-08, 12:57
Best view unit. 3 room, facing mountbatten road. very very high floor. 8xxpsf only. Offer now before it's gone. joe 81712412

oooo

wish you good luck

Joe6816
15-10-08, 13:02
oooo

wish you good luck

No problem, so far I close quite a number of deal with buyers from this forum. Guess there are always sour grapes out there. Few buyers did got themself good unit at good price. #20-03 is one of that. Only 850 psf. Well, guess after this post sure kena sour grapes again. haha

buy
15-10-08, 13:07
No problem, so far I close quite a number of deal with buyers from this forum. Guess there are always sour grapes out there. Few buyers did got themself good unit at good price. #20-03 is one of that. Only 850 psf. Well, guess after this post sure kena sour grapes again. haha

Well Maybe you always trust God

nothing is impossible for God

whatever sour grapes or trouble makers

is nothing

Joe6816
15-10-08, 13:15
Well Maybe you always trust God

nothing is impossible for God

whatever sour grapes or trouble makers

is nothing

John 15:5 to 8 “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me – and I in him – bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing. 15:6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is thrown out like a branch, and dries up; and such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and are burned up. 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want, and it will be done for you.15:8 My Father is honored by this, that you bear much fruit and show that you are my disciples.

vjammy
15-10-08, 15:06
which one is better - esta or one amber, they are both freehold, next to each other and almost the same price....

esta_650psf
15-10-08, 15:25
which one is better - esta or one amber, they are both freehold, next to each other and almost the same price....
One amber: pool facing units are ALL north face and have road noise from busy mountbation road, and most of layout are funny
Esta: sky terrace units got funny layout. normal balcony units price not cheap.
so only when normal balcony unit down to 650 psf, then Esta is a good buy. when One Amber down to 600 psf when TOP next year, good buy also!
otherwise keep your 1000 psf budget for the Seaview next year!

K-Cat
15-10-08, 16:26
One amber: pool facing units are ALL north face and have road noise from busy mountbation road, and most of layout are funny
so only when normal balcony unit down to 650 psf, then Esta is a good buy. when One Amber down to 600 psf when TOP next year, good buy also!
You will buy at $600psf?
Aiyah! Wasted!

I just sold a Livia unit in Pasir Ris at $751psf about a month ago.
Never mind! I will find another unit for you. Maybe around $659psf. You will like it.

Unreg¡stered
15-10-08, 16:29

You will buy at $600psf?
Aiyah! Wasted!

Never mind! I will find another unit for you. Maybe around $659psf. You will like it.
Amber Road $600psf.
Pasir Ris $751psf.

Somebody is talking cock here.

A Liar
15-10-08, 16:40
Amber Road $600psf.
Pasir Ris $751psf.

wah lau !!
now then i realise "esta_650psf" is a conman !!

Andrew
16-10-08, 12:01

Joe

Been reading the thread and I know you are an agent. My family and I are looking for a nice 4 BR Unit at ESTA (Preferably the 1590+ sf unit with the balcony at the living area). SMS me if you have any lobangs at 83860826.

Cheers and have a nice day,
ANDREW

Unreg¡stered
16-10-08, 12:07
Amber Road $600psf.
Pasir Ris $751psf.

Something is wrong with the people in this thread.
D15 selling below Pasir Ris price?

Are you people OK?
People in D7 are laughing at you with their $1,871psf.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ...... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Concourse Skyline . RCR ........ 68 ............................. 1,871 ............ 1,592 ............ 1,272

Wah lau erh!
Seow liao ah!
$1,871psf.

Reg¡stered
16-10-08, 14:52
$1,871psf? Wow!

Unregistered!
16-10-08, 15:46
$1,871psf? Wow!$1,871psf?! Siao!! wat time already??

conman
16-10-08, 15:50
You will buy at $600psf?
Aiyah! Wasted!

siao! u try Livia again a month later, it will be $571psf! a month ago STI hasn't below 2000 yet! time change liao, $600psf is not mission impossible, hello kitty CAT!

Reg¡stered
16-10-08, 16:43
$1,871psf?! Siao!! wat time already??
$1,871psf what time?
Oh! About 3 weeks ago.

toaler
16-10-08, 16:45
the person who paid $751psf for livia unit last month must be living in a little hole somewhere deep in the south china sea. seriously, who would pay that amount for a 99 yr leasehold unit far far away from town in times like this? even if we dont talk about the crash in the STI, all the signs 1-2 months ago were pointing towards a big bear market and poor economy to come.

751psf would have gotten that person much mjuch much more value had he/she held on for another 6 months to 12 months. sigh.

i know there's always this talk about people being willing to pay good $ for the homes of their dreams but i suppose there's still some common sense involved when you make such decisions right? i mean, who wants to live in a dream house servicing 10-20 years of high mortage loan repayment when this monthy outlay can be put to greater use? moreover, the people who bought livia are probably HDB upgraders and to people like us, every dollar counts. we are not talking about those hamilton@scotts , st regis or the sail owners who can afford to pay a few million more just to get a nicer unit number or something.

toaler
16-10-08, 16:47
$1,871psf?! Siao!! wat time already??

let's see whether they can sell out that project @ $1800+ psf.. heh
my bet is they will sell a few units to some people overflowing with $, lock in the $ to offset some costs and wait out the bear market before trying again to look for their poor preys

Unreg¡stered
16-10-08, 16:51
let's see whether they can sell out that project @ $1800+ psf.. heh
my bet is they will sell a few units to some people overflowing with $, lock in the $ to offset some costs and wait out the bear market before trying again to look for their poor preys
You talk as if the developer has offended you.

NPR
16-10-08, 16:54
the person who paid $751psf for livia unit last month must be living in a little hole somewhere deep in the south china sea. seriously, who would pay that amount for a 99 yr leasehold unit far far away from town in times like this? even if we dont talk about the crash in the STI, all the signs 1-2 months ago were pointing towards a big bear market and poor economy to come.

751psf would have gotten that person much mjuch much more value had he/she held on for another 6 months to 12 months. sigh.

i know there's always this talk about people being willing to pay good $ for the homes of their dreams but i suppose there's still some common sense involved when you make such decisions right? i mean, who wants to live in a dream house servicing 10-20 years of high mortage loan repayment when this monthy outlay can be put to greater use? moreover, the people who bought livia are probably HDB upgraders and to people like us, every dollar counts. we are not talking about those hamilton@scotts , st regis or the sail owners who can afford to pay a few million more just to get a nicer unit number or something.
Whether he is stupid or you are stupid, nobody knows. Only time will tell.

Is Livia cheap? Again nobody knows. Only time will tell. Nevertheless, Livia is cheaper than $841psf.

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 6 ............................... 841 ................ 738 ............... 694

OMG!
TQ has just broken its August record high of $832psf with a new record high of $841psf.
What's going on?

buy
16-10-08, 16:57

Is Livia cheap? Again nobody knows. Only time will tell. Nevertheless, Livia is cheaper than $841psf.

Before commenting on why rich people

will spent so much money on a project

one should ask yourself will I spent 50 bucks

on a exotic dish in top class hotel?

If never will spent on that amount , no point argue over

Why waste money on this and that:) can just happily

eat your 3 dollars meal at coffeeshop

What?
16-10-08, 17:03

Hello!!!!! Are you implying TQ is expensive? TQ is value for money.

Wake up your idea! TQ is so much cheaper than DR $1,073psf.

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Dakota Residences . RCR ........ 5 ............................... 1,073 ............. 983 .............. 947

Hey! $1,07x psf again? Not bad what!

dakota shines
16-10-08, 17:24
Hello!!!!! Are you implying TQ is expensive? TQ is value for money.

Wake up your idea! TQ is so much cheaper than DR $1,073psf.
You can discuss your D15 condos but please keep D14 condos out of the loop. We are happy with our affordable but impressive condos.

At $1,780psf, D15 condos are too expensive, almost double DR.

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Silversea .......... RCR ........ 11 ............................. 1,780 ............. 1,400 ........... 1,307

Oh no! Look at this! $1,780psf!

Haha
16-10-08, 17:47
You can discuss your D15 condos but please keep D14 condos out of the loop. We are happy with our affordable but impressive condos.

At $1,780psf, D15 condos are too expensive, almost double DR.
$1,780psf?
Wow! That must be a new high for a 99-leasehold condo in District 15.

toaler
16-10-08, 20:12
$1,780psf?
Wow! That must be a new high for a 99-leasehold condo in District 15.

it's a new pinnacle of misjudged property investments by 11 misinformed buyers.

What?
16-10-08, 22:53
Seems like you are the only smart person here. Everyone else, including the PM, is a fool.

Unreg¡stered
16-10-08, 22:54
What are you talking about? Silversea is so much cheaper than the condos in Meyer Road. The highest in Meyer Road is $2,5xx psf.

buy
16-10-08, 23:04

sorry i think those ppl who brought are very rich people

you mean they do not what are they buying?

kekeke..

or are you telling us you are richer then them:D

Joe6816
17-10-08, 15:56
What are you talking about? Silversea is so much cheaper than the condos in Meyer Road. The highest in Meyer Road is $2,5xx psf.

5608 sqft, 2902psf, $16,275,000 Aalto

Unreg¡stered
17-10-08, 16:20
Aalto $2,902psf sold in Feburary 2008.

Unregistered111
20-10-08, 10:35
Does anyone know when does Esta TOP? I've heard Aug 08, Sep 08, Nov 08 and even 2009.

Joe6816
20-10-08, 10:41
Does anyone know when does Esta TOP? I've heard Aug 08, Sep 08, Nov 08 and even 2009.

Late Nov, early Dec

Owner had not been informed about key collection. Should be soon

Just my 2 cent worth..
20-10-08, 11:00

This is probably a penthouse with superb view and given the size of apartment, this should be rare gem in the east. . this psf should be considered a outlier. Or maybe it is someone related to the developer.

wats esta asking price?
20-10-08, 11:04
Late Nov, early Dec

Hi Joe, what's the average of the asking price in Esta now? saw the news paper already quoted 800++, possible to negotia 700++ after TOP?

Feeling that must view first, as i worry the normal balcony could be too long and too narrow, end up can't even put a beach chair there... did you ever manage to see the actual unit some how? :p

Joe6816
20-10-08, 11:14
Hi Joe, what's the average of the asking price in Esta now? saw the news paper already quoted 800++, possible to negotia 700++ after TOP?

Feeling that must view first, as i worry the normal balcony could be too long and too narrow, end up can't even put a beach chair there... did you ever manage to see the actual unit some how? :p

Depends on wat the stack and level. 8xx is mainly for low floor. Balcony depends on your liking too. Some dun mind walkin balcony. Yup, been up before. Tell e guard u owner of one of the unit and want to see the finishing. I would say it's a good project, rooms are bigger then seaview. i would give 8 out of 10. 700 psf? no shortage of buyer for tat range. call me for more information. thx

Joe6816
20-10-08, 11:19
This is probably a penthouse with superb view and given the size of apartment, this should be rare gem in the east. . this psf should be considered a outlier. Or maybe it is someone related to the developer.

jus my 2 cents worth, i feel for tat someone related to developer, somehow u will find tat they will purchase those unit tat is not so good( in team of stack and facing). This is to tell others tat even for these units, there are buyers. Doesn't mean buyers tat willing to pay high price are always relatives or someone related.:)

Unreg¡stered
20-10-08, 11:34
Late Nov, early Dec

Hurray! Can move in.

buy
20-10-08, 12:47
just nice before christmas

Just my 2 cent worth..
20-10-08, 15:17
jus my 2 cents worth, i feel for tat someone related to developer, somehow u will find tat they will purchase those unit tat is not so good( in team of stack and facing). This is to tell others tat even for these units, there are buyers. Doesn't mean buyers tat willing to pay high price are always relatives or someone related.:)

this is not the case. Usually when they buy, it is the best unit which set high psf in the transaction. A bad unit @normal price will go unnotice in the transactions record, unless there is a high qty transacted... See the following examples from months ago. Trend is already falling at that time...

Nassim Park Residences: Wee family goes condo-shopping

Its members pick up three units in Nassim Park Residences for $40m

MEMBERS of the Wee family have bought three units at Nassim Park Residences near Botanic Gardens for a total of nearly $40 million, a filing by UOL Group to Singapore Exchange (SGX) on Wednesday shows.

Wee Ee Cheong, CEO of United Overseas Bank and son of UOL chairman and controlling shareholder Wee Cho Yaw, picked up a penthouse for $18.33 million or $2,670 per square foot (psf).

Two of his siblings bought a sky unit each in the five-storey freehold condo at about $10.6 million each. Wee Ee Chao, who sits on the UOL board, bought a unit with his wife Jennifer for $3,308 psf, while his sister Wei Chi snapped up a unit for herself for $3,293 psf.

Petmail
20-10-08, 15:43
Hurray! Can move in.

Currently all works is completed, TOP application in progress pending for BCA to issue the TOP permit.

FYI

:)
Pet

Joe6816
20-10-08, 15:53
this is not the case. Usually when they buy, it is the best unit which set high psf in the transaction. A bad unit @normal price will go unnotice in the transactions record, unless there is a high qty transacted... See the following examples from months ago. Trend is already falling at that time...

Nassim Park Residences: Wee family goes condo-shopping

Its members pick up three units in Nassim Park Residences for $40m

MEMBERS of the Wee family have bought three units at Nassim Park Residences near Botanic Gardens for a total of nearly $40 million, a filing by UOL Group to Singapore Exchange (SGX) on Wednesday shows.

Wee Ee Cheong, CEO of United Overseas Bank and son of UOL chairman and controlling shareholder Wee Cho Yaw, picked up a penthouse for $18.33 million or $2,670 per square foot (psf).

Two of his siblings bought a sky unit each in the five-storey freehold condo at about $10.6 million each. Wee Ee Chao, who sits on the UOL board, bought a unit with his wife Jennifer for $3,308 psf, while his sister Wei Chi snapped up a unit for herself for $3,293 psf.

Tat's UOL. It's open secret. But wat about HL? They does it too? So far next highest is 25xx psf. Does they really need to pay 2902psf so high for themselves?:2cents:

Just my 2 cent worth..
20-10-08, 16:08
Tat's UOL. It's open secret. But wat about HL? They does it too? So far next highest is 25xx psf. Does they really need to pay 2902psf so high for themselves?:2cents:

i dont know. HL or UOL they are prominent family in Singapore. Anyway, it is just guessing. But not impossible.

what's important here is, 2902psf is a outlier statisically and should not be used as reference or comparison to other east side condo.

Question
20-10-08, 17:09
i dont know. HL or UOL they are prominent family in Singapore. Anyway, it is just guessing. But not impossible.

what's important here is, 2902psf is a outlier statisically and should not be used as reference or comparison to other east side condo.
So use $2,5xxpsf instead?

Unregistered.
20-10-08, 17:19
Depends on wat the stack and level. 8xx is mainly for low floor. Balcony depends on your liking too. Some dun mind walkin balcony. Yup, been up before. Tell e guard u owner of one of the unit and want to see the finishing. I would say it's a good project, rooms are bigger then seaview. i would give 8 out of 10. 700 psf? no shortage of buyer for tat range. call me for more information. thx
did you manage to take some photos? can share with us?

Joe6816
20-10-08, 17:24
did you manage to take some photos? can share with us?

Last time I went in already 7pm. Pic not taken clearly cause it's dark n raining, camera phone, LOL. This weekend I try again, hope to get better pics. Will post soon.

Answer
20-10-08, 17:29
So use $2,5xxpsf instead?

Does it even matter? This unit in question is Aalto, size 5608 sqft, in a prime location. So unless anyone is interested in purchasing something similar, there simply isn't any relevance.

One must compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges.

Besides, this is the Esta thread.

And as is evident in this forum here, there are always two types of people here. One is the bargain hunter who is waiting in the wings, constantly lurking and hoping to find a cheap deal, and the other would be someone with possibly a vested interest who is hoping the property market will not crash and is always posting a rosier than normal picture.

Unregistered.
20-10-08, 17:32
Last time I went in already 7pm. Pic not taken clearly cause it's dark n raining, camera phone, LOL. This weekend I try again, hope to get better pics. Will post soon.
Here is the photo taken on July, 3 mths ago. Waiting for your updated one!
http://www.keonghong.com/Projects/ProgressPhotos/Esta/Esta16Jul08.JPG

colin888
20-10-08, 21:48
just bought one unit at Esta S$828 psf, high floor.
if wait longer, mayb price will drop further........:)

Meow
20-10-08, 22:10

How high? > 15?

ask
21-10-08, 08:46

which unit and floor area ?

buy
21-10-08, 11:50
Esta or amber nicer

Joe6816
21-10-08, 11:55
Esta or amber nicer

One Amber. You can go see see. some low floor unit window been fixed up.

buy
21-10-08, 11:57
one amber high floor u think still got offer sea

view?

Joe6816
21-10-08, 12:10
one amber high floor u think still got offer sea

view?

Southwest stack might have. South facing maybe pocket seaview. PH might have too

cannot tahan
21-10-08, 13:17

http://www.tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,180640,00.html?

FIRE SALE: OWNERS DUMP CONDOS
Agents: Some clients give as much as 20 per cent discount
By Elysa Chen

October 20, 2008

FOR sale: Luxurious multi-million-dollar apartments, not quite for a steal, but with a hefty discount.

Stock market losses have forced some property owners to resort to 'fire sales' for a quick return to liquidity.

And because the property market is almost flat, they have had to let go of their property at huge discounts.

Property agent Henry Neo receives one SMS a day from different clients asking him to sell their homes.

Mr Neo, who has been a property agent for close to 20 years, said: 'The Asian financial crisis of 1997 and this crisis are real challenges.

'It's a tsunami of the stock market.'

Two or three of the 50 clients he is servicing now are what he calls 'desperados' - people who had their fingers burnt so badly in the stock market they need to sell their houses.

The situation is worse for those who opted for deferred payment schemes, said Mr Neo, because some are no longer eligible for loans, and cannot meet payments once the developers issue the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).

'They have to get rid of their properties before TOP, so they would be giving even more discounts.'

Noting that the high-end property market seems to be hit the hardest, Mr Neo said: 'My colleagues who specialise in high-end properties are not doing well. They do not have any transactions at all.'

Mr David Cheang, senior vice-president of the Resale Division at HSR Property Group, noted that two out of every 10 clients are affected by the stock market crash, and are selling their property investments to 'get more liquidity'.

A property agent who declined to give his full name said one of his clients had made such losses on the stock market that he was selling his 27th floor freehold apartment at the Twin Regency for a mere $1.05 million, though its market price is $1.3 million.

Last year, he had sold another unit, on the 29th floor of the same condominium, for $1.4 million.

It is the same story for Mr Felix Young, 35, a property agent specialising in high-end condominiums. Some of his clients are prepared to go as low as 20 per cent below their offer price.

He had taken out an advertisement for five properties, all high-end condominium units in the city.

Apartments at The Sail at Marina Bay, which were going for $2,000 psf are now being offered for sale at $1,450 psf, said Mr Young.

But even such a huge discount is failing to entice buyers, who are asking for $1,100 psf. That is because even with such discounts, the two-room apartment costs about $1.3 million.

In the current climate, not many people would be able to shell out that kind of money because they could be sitting on huge paper losses in the stock market.

Mr Young said: 'Buyers have the sentiment that the property market will cool even more, and prices will drop further.'

And because of this, said Mr Young, there has been a significant drop in transactions - up to 70 per cent for high-end properties that people buy for investments.

Most buyers also know developers' launch price for the condominiums and are holding out until they can get a unit at that price.

He said: 'These days, when buyers call me, they ask me if I have any owners who are 'bleeding'.'

Bleeding is a term that is used to describe owners who over-committed themselves financially and need to sell their properties in a hurry.

Mr Young said: 'Many of my clients' bank loans are kicking in soon, so they need to release the properties quickly, before TOP.

'They are stuck because they can neither sell their property, nor rent it out to cover their mortgages, as the rental market has slowed down a lot.'

Unregistered?
21-10-08, 13:30
http://www.tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,180640,00.html?

FIRE SALE: OWNERS DUMP CONDOS
Agents: Some clients give as much as 20 per cent discount
The situation is worse for those who opted for deferred payment schemes, said Mr Neo, because some are no longer eligible for loans, and cannot meet payments once the developers issue the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).

'They have to get rid of their properties before TOP, so they would be giving even more discounts.'

how true is it to the Esta owners?

buy
21-10-08, 13:49
dont be silly

a few owners selling cheap or give fire sale

dun mean the whole entire private property owners

all dumping their own house...

If so can i said that overnight u will see the entire

private house owners all staying in a tent on the street?

So if a few HDB owners starting fire sale , the entire HDB ppl

will be dumping all their units?

Unregistered.
21-10-08, 14:43
dont be silly

a few owners selling cheap or give fire sale

dun mean the whole entire private property owners

all dumping their own house...

If so can i said that overnight u will see the entire

private house owners all staying in a tent on the street?

So if a few HDB owners starting fire sale , the entire HDB ppl

will be dumping all their units?
you never know....... you can see many owners happily share their joys when their estate TOP coming soon, such as the Seaview, the Bleu @ East Coast, The Quartz, even the LIVA and Clover By The Park, but NOT the Esta owners! They are very very quite! I wonder how many of them are really for own stay... i believe there are plenty of invenstors there, got finger burnt... are u one of them? :p

Unreg¡stered
21-10-08, 15:13
you never know....... you can see many owners happily share their joys when their estate TOP coming soon, such as the Seaview, the Bleu @ East Coast, The Quartz, even the LIVA and Clover By The Park, but NOT the Esta owners! They are very very quite! I wonder how many of them are really for own stay... i believe there are plenty of invenstors there, got finger burnt... are u one of them? :p
What is so special about The Esta that it can only attract investors and not homestayers?
Or you are just guessing?
Anyway, they will not get burnt.

Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU)
21-10-08, 15:13
Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.

Reg¡stered
21-10-08, 15:14
how true is it to the Esta owners?
Of course not true lah.

OneAmberVsEsta
21-10-08, 16:23
One Amber. You can go see see. some low floor unit window been fixed up.

Why do you think One Amber is nicer than The Esta? Who is the developer for One Amber? Thanks!

Answer
21-10-08, 16:29
Why do you think One Amber is nicer than The Esta? Who is the developer for One Amber? Thanks!

One Amber by UOL (Brendale) seems to be a higher end developer than The Esta by MCL Land. Some of their projects are listed below...

---- From UOL Website ----

At UOL, we are dedicated to creating a masterpiece in every project. We believe that as developers we should go beyond providing a fine living environment. With an emphasis on stunning architectural design, we strive to build icons of class and distinction that truly cater to the homebuyers’ need for a lifestyle choice.

Both 1 Moulmein Rise and Newton Suites have won numerous awards such as 2007 President’s Design which marks our commitment in architectural excellence. 1 Moulmein Rise has won the 2007 President’s Design Award, The Aga Khan Award for Architecture and FIABCI Prix’d Excellence while Newton Suites bags the Cityscape Asia 2008 Best Developer for Residential Built and Emporis Skyscaper Award 2007.

buy
21-10-08, 16:31
i know a indo buyer that brought one amber

located on a super high floor for a three bedroom

just for his son to stay so that easy to travel to his nearby school

This is how the rich ppl spent their money ya

They dun panic to sell or what

want buy dun want then dun buy

Rich peoples are not despo for money

they eat one meal 100 plus compare to us

one meal 3 bucks:(

Just my 2 cent worth..
21-10-08, 16:36

Esta launched at ~600-700psf, which most first time buyer paid that price. I think, even if there is finger burnt, that should be small percentage. Even if there is plenty of investor in this project, they are still sitting on huge profit if selling at 800psf.

buy at good price, at good location. why not happy compare to owner in other TOP projects ? dont understand this logic.

buy
21-10-08, 16:40

how u know a lot of investors got burn?

firstly do u know know all this investors?

if not , how will you know?:p

Reg¡stered
21-10-08, 17:27
how u know a lot of investors got burn?

firstly do u know know all this investors?

if not , how will you know?:p
He makes a wild guess conveniently.

Unreg¡stered
21-10-08, 17:32
Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.
Yah! But a lot of people like to give false information.

US has growth but says US in recession.

Make false claim that The Esta is mostly bought by investor.

Wrongly assumed The Esta price has dropped below original developer selling price.

No logic! Unbelievable!

Timewilltell
21-10-08, 18:09
Only time will tell... History dun lie..

registered
21-10-08, 18:20
Unregistered.]you never know....... you can see many owners happily share their joys when their estate TOP coming soon, such as the Seaview, the Bleu @ East Coast, The Quartz, even the LIVA and Clover By The Park, but NOT the Esta owners! They are very very quite! I wonder how many of them are really for own stay... i believe there are plenty of invenstors there, got finger burnt... ]

i suppose u are right as i heard this from a agent friend who knows of buyers holding multiple units in Esta - at time of launch they only had to
come up with 10% and the rest of Deferred Payment,,,, so it was like placing huge bets with minimal outlay.

So thats why price crashing - in the case of One Amber and SeaView, many owners bought for own stay and furthermore land footprint makes a difference to the final outcome of the price,,,,

Unreg¡stered
21-10-08, 19:45
Unregistered.]you never know....... you can see many owners happily share their joys when their estate TOP coming soon, such as the Seaview, the Bleu @ East Coast, The Quartz, even the LIVA and Clover By The Park, but NOT the Esta owners! They are very very quite! I wonder how many of them are really for own stay... i believe there are plenty of invenstors there, got finger burnt... ]

i suppose u are right as i heard this from a agent friend who knows of buyers holding multiple units in Esta - at time of launch they only had to
come up with 10% and the rest of Deferred Payment,,,, so it was like placing huge bets with minimal outlay.

So thats why price crashing - in the case of One Amber and SeaView, many owners bought for own stay and furthermore land footprint makes a difference to the final outcome of the price,,,,
Rubbish! One Amber also 10% downpayment what.

buy
21-10-08, 21:29
one amber fully sold project

so hot property

Joe6816
21-10-08, 21:37
one amber fully sold project

so hot property

bro, u sound so different today, wat happened? :D

ahhhhh
21-10-08, 21:40
let me guess, "buy" has just bought.

buy
21-10-08, 22:12
as long any project located at east coast

will be fine for me

Joe6816
21-10-08, 23:25
as long any project located at east coast

will be fine for me

OLA ok or not?

Unregistered111
21-10-08, 23:39
OLA ok or not?

Sorry to butt in here but is this the one that is opposite Esta and One Amber? What is the asking psf?

Unregistered1111
21-10-08, 23:55
i know a indo buyer that brought one amber

located on a super high floor for a three bedroom

just for his son to stay so that easy to travel to his nearby school

This is how the rich ppl spent their money ya

They dun panic to sell or what

want buy dun want then dun buy

Rich peoples are not despo for money

they eat one meal 100 plus compare to us

one meal 3 bucks:(

There are many rich ones wiped out by the stock market crash. They wont go around telling you.

Unregistered Person
22-10-08, 00:04
Esta, One Amber & Sea View all on deferred payment scheme. How would one be able to tell if units for Esta are not for own stay? How to tell if Sea View units are bought for own stay when there are so many units advertised on iProperty web for rental? Not sure how all these claims are being made here.

Unreg¡stered
22-10-08, 00:20
There are many rich ones wiped out by the stock market crash. They wont go around telling you.
They mean they are less richer on paper now?

nanwei
22-10-08, 07:44
Sorry to butt in here but is this the one that is opposite Esta and One Amber? What is the asking psf?
Above S$1000psf. That's why it's not selling.

Joe6816
22-10-08, 09:31

Last heard is 1000 to 1200 psf

colin888
22-10-08, 19:37
Sorry what do you guys mean by "OLA"

C.X
22-10-08, 19:54

OLA is a freehold apartment along mountbatten.

Development Name: OLA Residences
Property Type: Apartment
Developer: Mountbatten Development Pte Ltd
Tenure: Freehold
Expected Completion: 2012
# of Units: 50
BuildUp: From 732 - 2164 .sf

Property Facilities:
Swimming Pool, Wading Pool, Waterfall Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Playground, Gymnasium, BBQ, Basement Parking, Dining Pavilion, Selected units come with their own private pools.

Joe6816
22-10-08, 19:57

Mr Pang, it's just opp your Esta.

windyfoong
23-10-08, 14:19
Hi,
I found one website very impressive and comprehensive,just like an condo directory search engine. I was attracted by its 720 degree virtual tour,transaction chart,elevation,floor plan,ect. Look up urself in more details,then u will know how helpful and comprehensive it is.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/theesta

esta_650psf
23-10-08, 14:50
http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lounge/NewLaunches/TheEsta/Specifications.asp

Yes, The Esta even provide fridge, micro-wave oven & washing machine! wat a good buy if at 650psf! :p
High and low post-form kitchen cabinets with solid surface coutner top and kitchen sink, fridge, micro-wave oven, oven, washing machine, cooker hood and hob.

Joe6816
23-10-08, 17:07
Esta latest transaction, #15-XX 948psf.

boyboy
23-10-08, 17:10
Esta latest transaction, #15-XX 948psf.

So high??? Indo buyer again?

Haha
23-10-08, 17:53
So high??? Indo buyer again?
$948psf only, you call high?

Lower than KR's $964psf lah. Somemore KR is D19 - not D15.

Project Name ..... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Kovan Residences . OCR ....... 4 ............................... 964 ................ 940 ............... 860

Wow!
KR has just broken August record high of $954psf with this new record high of $964psf.
Bravo!

Miow
23-10-08, 18:28
http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lounge/NewLaunches/TheEsta/Specifications.asp

Yes, The Esta even provide fridge, micro-wave oven & washing machine! wat a good buy if at 650psf! :p
High and low post-form kitchen cabinets with solid surface coutner top and kitchen sink, fridge, micro-wave oven, oven, washing machine, cooker hood and hob.

And a clothes dryer, which could be handy on rainy days when clothes don't dry properly!

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:13
$948psf only, you call high?

Lower than KR's $964psf lah. Somemore KR is D19 - not D15.

My offer is 700psf for this unit.

Esta 650, I will grab it faster then u.

colin888
23-10-08, 19:26
And a clothes dryer, which could be handy on rainy days when clothes don't dry properly!

Sure or not got dryer? I don't see it in the equipment list...

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:30

Understanding you mentioned you bought Esta at 828, then mentioned it will drop more. So why buy now when you feel it will drop more. We buyers must not buy now. Wait till it drop to 700psf then buy. Colin, you spoilt market lah. I'm waiting for 700psf

colin888
23-10-08, 19:37
Understanding you mentioned you bought Esta at 828, then mentioned it will drop more. So why buy now when you feel it will drop more. We buyers must not buy now. Wait till it drop to 700psf then buy. Colin, you spoilt market lah. I'm waiting for 700psf

I've been monitoring the price level of different stacks. Frankly I don't really think it will drop to $700, lowest maybe right now is $790-$830 in low floor units. I've got 828 at high floor and good facing or course take la if not you would have taken liao.... thanks to the good agent :)

want to buy
23-10-08, 19:40
seriously bros and sis.

what is the lowest you all can project the Esta's price will drop to?

is below $700 psf possible? how possible? very possible? or 50-50?

Boyboy
23-10-08, 19:51
I've been monitoring the price level of different stacks. Frankly I don't really think it will drop to $700, lowest maybe right now is $790-$830 in low floor units. I've got 828 at high floor and good facing or course take la if not you would have taken liao.... thanks to the good agent :)

Bro, how high. how many room? can intro your agent to me? maybe he can help me get a unit at the price i want. you think so?

Boyboy
23-10-08, 20:44
seriously bros and sis.

I also waiting for it to drop. So you also like me, looking at 700psf?

Hey, Esta 650psf-your chance is lower again. one more buddy with me at 700psf.

buy
23-10-08, 22:41
can wait for it to drop until till 400 psf

provided one can live until to next 400 yrs old

Just my 2 cent worth..
23-10-08, 23:07
seriously bros and sis.

I think you need to factor in timing in your consideration. Do you need a house urgently by this year, next year, 2 years time, or you can buy at any time when price is right ?

If you have time constraint, after 2Q next year is probably a better time to consider buying as Singapore economy outlook should be clearer then. Anyway there is only 1 direction now for property market.. down.

If no time constraint, just take note that property price does not start shooting upwards suddenly (stock bull run has to come first), you will have plenty of time to consider and select your preferred unit.. the property recovery (or bull run) has to be a coordinated effort from the property developers (just like stock market), at the right time, e.g stock market has to recover first, economy outlook is clearer than the current uncertainty and is on the recovering, etc.. the initial uptrend of the property market will take some time to build up momentum.

Before the uptrend, i believe big developers (such as CDL and Capital Land, etc) will have to start accumulate their bullets through land purchase or en-blocs at prime estate very slowly... At this time, i think the property market is probably at or near the bottom...which i think should be quite safe to buy. Developer has to be prepared and in position before the property upswing comes, so that they can take full advantage of the property upswing..

For now, developers are trying to sell off liabilities to accumulate cash for healthy cash flow and bottom fishing, so just keep your cash and wait for the opportunity to come.. when they start fishing..

just my other 2 cents thoughts.

C.X
23-10-08, 23:09
I think you need to factor in timing in your consideration. Do you need a house urgently by this year, next year, 2 years time, or you can buy at any time when price is right ?

If you have time constraint, after 2Q next year is probably a better time to consider buying as Singapore economy outlook should be clearer then. Anyway there is only 1 direction now for property market.. down.

If no time constraint, just take note that property price does not start shooting upwards suddenly (stock bull run has to come first), you will have plenty of time to consider and select your preferred unit.. the property recovery (or bull run) has to be a coordinated effort from the property developers (just like stock market), at the right time, e.g stock market has to recover first, economy outlook is clearer than the current uncertainty and is on the recovering, etc.. the initial uptrend of the property market will take some time to build up momentum.

Before the uptrend, i believe big developers (such as CDL and Capital Land, etc) will have to start accumulate their bullets through land purchase or en-blocs at prime estate very slowly... At this time, i think the property market is probably at or near the bottom...which i think should be quite safe to buy. Developer has to be prepared and in position before the property upswing comes, so that they can take full advantage of the property upswing..

For now, developers are trying to sell off liabilities to accumulate cash for healthy cash flow and bottom fishing, so just keep your cash and wait for the opportunity to come.. when they start fishing..

just my other 2 cents thoughts.

Same thoughts pal.well said:)

Meow
23-10-08, 23:15
Bro, how high. how many room? can intro your agent to me? maybe he can help me get a unit at the price i want. you think so?

Shld be a mid floor 4 rm unit facing pool

buy
23-10-08, 23:15
Same thoughts pal.well said:)

luckily warren buffeet dun think like you people

or else he will not be the richest man in the world:D

Meow
23-10-08, 23:17

Got. Provided your seller had agreed for the free upgrade. You may check the specs at City Gas.

esta_500psf
23-10-08, 23:21
safer bet would be 500 psf.. high floor... got view...

buy
23-10-08, 23:28
safer bet would be 500 psf.. high floor... got view...

got 500 psf u come tell me

C.X
23-10-08, 23:29

That's why he is called "The Legendary world investor Warren Buffett";)

C.X
23-10-08, 23:34
got 500 psf u come tell me

How many units you intend to buy?:D

500psf buy buy buy.;)

Just my 2 cent worth..
23-10-08, 23:49

big players play a different ball game, unlike you and me. They create wave, while we can only ride of wave.

big player has the financial backing to average out mistake purchase downwards. You and me (maybe not you), can only try to shoot and make sure it hit. Catching a falling knife is dangerous, but if you can catch at the other side of the graph at rebounce, it will be a safer bet.

Another 2 cents thoughts..

Joe6816
24-10-08, 10:02

Pool view. Good facing for you. Even if there's a chance for it to drop further more, you can't get it at 700psf. Cause there are buyers tat will take up the unit before it hit 750psf.

buy
24-10-08, 13:38
Pool view. Good facing for you. Even if there's a chance for it to drop further more, you can't get it at 700psf. Cause there are buyers tat will take up the unit before it hit 750psf.

Thats the charm of East Coast

registered1234
24-10-08, 21:03

Nothing is impossible...

Unregistered1
24-10-08, 21:32
Nothing is impossible...

Agree. Wait 6 to 9 more months and sellers will be happy to get 700psf!

Unreg¡stered
24-10-08, 23:24
Agree. Wait 6 to 9 more months and sellers will be happy to get 700psf!
Pay $2psf more and get the best unit in 99-LH Livia in Pasir Ris lah.

Livia ................. OCR ....... 9 ............................... 702 ................ 677 ............... 646

buy
25-10-08, 07:29
Livia is good

near to downturn east

kids love it

Unregistered1234
25-10-08, 16:48
Was told that next month Esta owners will be collecting keys. Has anyone rec'd the letter yet?

firec
25-10-08, 19:33
I'm looking for a 3-room unit in ESTA. Willing to pay anyone a commission of 1% (from me, the buyer) if he/she can convince seller to let go at my target price.

Here are the requirements:
- 3 bedroom (1313 sq ft or 1346 sq ft).
- stacks 3, 4, 7, 12, 16, 19 (with master room facing west, door leading into living room also facing west).
- 5th floor or higher.
- target price: 720 psf or lower.

Why co-broke 1% when you can earn an additional 1%? Help me negotiate with the seller and I'll pay you the additional 1%.

If you have found what I want, email me at [email protected]

Offer ends 31 Dec 2008.

I'm a genuine buyer.

buy
25-10-08, 20:19
720 psf...

hmm got luck

Genuine buyer
25-10-08, 20:29
I am genuine buyer too. But I will offer $ 780psf for any 3 Bedroom unit above 5th floor.

Pay 1% to agent too.

Email me : [email protected]

Thanks

Ficec...want to be a genuine buyer must pay more la.....

buy
25-10-08, 20:45
so many

genuine buyer har:D

Joe6816
25-10-08, 20:50
I am genuine buyer too. But I will offer $ 780psf for any 3 Bedroom unit above 5th floor.

Pay 1% to agent too.

Thanks

Read today's classified. Look for a agent name David. 780psf. You go call him.

Joe6816
25-10-08, 22:25
3 room high floor, stack 19, 1313 sqft going for 860psf. joe 81712412

Meow
26-10-08, 02:32
Was told that next month Esta owners will be collecting keys. Has anyone rec'd the letter yet?

Yes very likely. Because only Blk 35 is left for inspection. The other 4 blocks have already been handed over. All furnishings are also in place. TOP should be within the first 2 weeks of Nov.

I guess possibility of fire sale for most units already very slim. Let's see if the price would go up or down after TOP.

Gd Luck!

Unregistered1234
26-10-08, 08:40
Can someone advice me if this is true:

1) Units with the Sky Terrace have a see through kitchen, while those with the convention balcony has a kitchen with no see through glass.

Joe6816
26-10-08, 10:44
Can someone advice me if this is true:

1) Units with the Sky Terrace have a see through kitchen, while those with the convention balcony has a kitchen with no see through glass.

There's a theme when they purchase the unit. You can choose either normal kitchen or change to see through glass

Joe6816
26-10-08, 10:47

Pay 1% to agent too.

Thanks

780psf? Might happen.

Joe6816
26-10-08, 13:34
Yes very likely. Because only Blk 35 is left for inspection. The other 4 blocks have already been handed over. All furnishings are also in place. TOP should be within the first 2 weeks of Nov.

I guess possibility of fire sale for most units already very slim. Let's see if the price would go up or down after TOP.

Gd Luck!

Either after TOP the seller might sell lower then their expectation or just hold it for couples of years if they can. Don't think prices will goes up.

Meow
26-10-08, 19:24
Either after TOP the seller might sell lower then their expectation or just hold it for couples of years if they can. Don't think prices will goes up.

Yes, undeniably, this is also a possible outcome.

buy
26-10-08, 22:25
780psf? Might happen.

ah joe

u can find buyers here?

U need to pray harder:D

LOL

cheap cheap
27-10-08, 00:56
ESTA unit transacted at 722psf!

THE ESTA AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,127,000 1,561 722 Sep-08

Meow
27-10-08, 00:58
ESTA unit transacted at 722psf!

THE ESTA AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 1,127,000 1,561 722 Sep-08

.....This is a bank caveat lodged for original purchase price. Don't be overly excited.

Miow
27-10-08, 08:49
.....This is a bank caveat lodged for original purchase price. Don't be overly excited.

Yes, most likely the case. I bought a unit at the launch about 3 years ago. My lawyer never lodged a caveat because the purchase was on deferred payment. I've now taken a bank loan and the caveat should be lodged by the bank soon. My unit has yet to appear on the URA website.

Miow
27-10-08, 08:53

I called the developer a month ago. They told me TOP will be in early-Dec.

Miow
27-10-08, 08:59

It was letter from the developer a year ago. They decided to offer a dryer. You can check with the developer. Probably didn't want the Esta ending up looking like Cote D'azur!

cheaper cheaper
27-10-08, 09:08

Great. Maybe these "latest" transactions in URA will help to lower sellers' expectations... and push down the prices...

Whether they're smart enough to realize these are actually late caveats is up to them...

Unregistered1234
27-10-08, 09:54
It was letter from the developer a year ago. They decided to offer a dryer. You can check with the developer. Probably didn't want the Esta ending up looking like Cote D'azur!

I've got my unit from sub sale so don't know if previous owner has upgraded or not. By the way is this an optional upgrade or a default given by the developer? In addition I'm not too sure if I've got the see through window in my kitchen, really hope it comes with it

Joe6816
27-10-08, 10:24
ah joe

u can find buyers here?

U need to pray harder:D

LOL

Haha. Still have calls coming in. There are some buyers tat read this forum but never post a single word here.

Joe6816
27-10-08, 10:27
Yes, most likely the case. I bought a unit at the launch about 3 years ago. My lawyer never lodged a caveat because the purchase was on deferred payment. I've now taken a bank loan and the caveat should be lodged by the bank soon. My unit has yet to appear on the URA website.

You down payment is using all cash?

Joe6816
27-10-08, 10:41
Great. Maybe these "latest" transactions in URA will help to lower sellers' expectations... and push down the prices...

Whether they're smart enough to realize these are actually late caveats is up to them...

Not all of the seller sell base on the caveats lodged. Some are still asking 1100 plus psf. Guess not urgent for them to sell.

buy
27-10-08, 11:32
Haha. Still have calls coming in. There are some buyers tat read this forum but never post a single word here.

hooohoo

just an advice from the holyspirit

my friend is an agent he also played out by many so call buyers here

make appointment then never turn up

so u better be careful and open your eyes big big:D

Pray before u serve all this "buyer'

many of them are "Show off kind"

Joe6816
27-10-08, 13:16
hooohoo

just an advice from the holyspirit

my friend is an agent he also played out by many so call buyers here

make appointment then never turn up

so u better be careful and open your eyes big big:D

Pray before u serve all this "buyer'

many of them are "Show off kind"

Thank you.:)

Meow
28-10-08, 00:44
I've got my unit from sub sale so don't know if previous owner has upgraded or not. By the way is this an optional upgrade or a default given by the developer? In addition I'm not too sure if I've got the see through window in my kitchen, really hope it comes with it

Why not take a look at your actual unit from across the road? You will be able to tell the difference. Or unless yours is inward facing, then be patient or find out from your seller.

Joe6816
28-10-08, 09:35
Viewed following units : sneak in

1) #04-02 : Walk into living room. From master bedroom balcony, full lap pool view. Good privacy as no one can look into your master bedroom. If you stand at master bedroom balcony, can say hello to your neighbours on stack 7. Kitchen is slightly larger than odd level 02 stack. Living room balcony is longish. Cannot place table. Maybe just chairs. Some un-useable space from entrance to living. Got bay window at main door, can sit there to wear shoes & enjoy view of Katong. Though master bedroom is west facing, will probably not get any west sun, thanks to One Amber.

2) #13-02 : Walk into balcony. Most likely will not get rain into the balcony. Penthouse is "linked" (joined by two units), providing roofing for units below. Balcony size is good for small round table with 2-4 chairs. Bigger living / dining area. Kitchen is smaller. Fridge is placed in the living area and there is an additional built in cabinet between balcony & fridge. For this unit, owner paid extra $$$ to get the kitchen walls changed to glass. Hence it appears more spacious.

After comparing #04-02 & #13-02, personally feel that walk into balcony is better layout. More workable space.

3) #05-04 : Opened windows at room facing the cross junction (facing the Nursery). Surprisingly, very minimal road noise. Layout quite similar to #04-02.

4) #21-02 : Got SEA VIEW !!!! from balcony at guest room. This means #21-01 & probably the rest of the south facing penthouses will get FULL / partial SEA VIEW....#21-02 is facing North / landed and is unblocked.

All units are very windy, especially penthouse.

Lots of greenery & carpet grass. Feel at the pool area is cosy. Side gate access is from B1 and the whole project is wheel chair friendly (even the stairs leading to side gate). Clubhouse got lift too.

All units have built in shoe rack outside the main door. Lift lobby also nice.

Bedrooms are generally more spacious than Seaview. Master bedroom is good size. Better than Cote DAzur / Belvedere.

Finishing is also good. Those who opt for dryer will not get the clothes hanger system.

Private function organised by MCL for owners of Esta is 2 weeks away.