PDA

View Full Version : Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

banger69
24-10-09, 13:46
Thanks for the compliment. Just my 2 cents and trying to help. Pls confirm yourself and do not believe anything in a forum blindly.

Yes. being near industrial and factories there will be too much yang (living) energy. The industial offices nearby is probably the reason that turned many people away from OG and also the busy road construction the whole of last 2 years. Hence the low takeup rate at launch.

The good news is that fengshui can be easily balanced. In OG, landscaping of large amount of plants and water gives the yin energy to balance the yang energy out! That is why in OG, you feel very different than when you are outside. It is extremely obvious. Too much yin or yang is bad. In fengshui, we try to find a balance.

The other good news is that the construction of the roads widening and MRT is complete and now and the traffic flows smoothly in front of OG. Hence, congrats to the lucky people who bought OG. :cheers6:

Also I forgot to add that OG is located on gentle slopes with a hill or higher ground at the back and the lower private houses in front of us. This belief is best reflected in the traditional Chinese saying, "Mountain at back, facing water".

Ok now tips on how to get in OG? Smile and be friendly to the workers and security guards. They have toiled on OG for the past years and they appreciate your friendship very much. Much credit goes to them. Much of the barriers in this world are man made, why continue to let them exist?

Hello
24-10-09, 22:59
Went to Courts, saw a 32" LCD Panasonic TV at $549, if i am not wrong. While stocks last but not sure whether good quality or not. I think now Courts having the 'Neighbour' Sales.

Went to OG for a quick check, was surprised to see lots plants and flowers outside the condo. Workers are planting more plants and flowers and I think OG will look like a beautiful forest inside and outside. :D :D :D

cutematilda
26-10-09, 14:21
One of the best buy 42" LCD TV - Philips 42PFL7409 - Full HD, 100Hz.
Current best price is $1499 with free $150 Choice voucher. Offer from COURT.

Indesit washing machine and dryer stack-up systems
$1199 - Offer from MAYER

Hi jtpy, the 42" option sounds good with 100Hz but heard that it's hard panel. My hubby said soft panel should be better, but I'm not into such stuff. Not familiar with sound bar too :ashamed1:

We now looking at the latest promotion by Mayer .. it's Year-End sales got washer-dryer options which we are looking coz can easily throw dirty clothing & collect the clean ones upon coming home from work ;)
If you have seen the advert on papers, got both Indesit and Ariston for such two-in-one system.

jtpy
26-10-09, 22:27
Hi jtpy, the 42" option sounds good with 100Hz but heard that it's hard panel. My hubby said soft panel should be better, but I'm not into such stuff. Not familiar with sound bar too :ashamed1:

We now looking at the latest promotion by Mayer .. it's Year-End sales got washer-dryer options which we are looking coz can easily throw dirty clothing & collect the clean ones upon coming home from work ;)
If you have seen the advert on papers, got both Indesit and Ariston for such two-in-one system.
According to my survey, hard panel screens do not compromise the display too much if you view from the sides.. So it will be good when you want to watch the TV when having dinner.. :cool: Another consideration for hard panel is for my kid who will probably pull some stunt when he starts to walk in a few months time.. He may just climb onto the TV console and reach for my TV with his toy.. Prevention is better than cure.. ;)

For washer + dryer combi, watch out for the washing and drying capacity.. Usually the wash capacity is more than the dry capacity.. So there may be problem is you wash yr load to the max.. Also, combi machines usually don't dry fully.. maybe 80-90% dry instead of fully dried.. Check the shops for the specifications.. The other thing about combi is that both washer and dryer shares the same motor and thus the motor may work doubly hard everytime u wash and dry.. Of course, the convenience would be on the compactness of the combi..:cheers4:

cutematilda
27-10-09, 09:19
Thanks for the info on washing machines, will take note to check. Oh, so TV hard panel more difficult to crack ... I see. Well, we've already bought one at a warehse sales. Maybe got better sales & newer models later, but we'll just enjoy the TV for now :p

kEN9170
27-10-09, 09:39
Fyi, for washer + dryer combi, dryer load will be half capacity of your washer load. If your washer capacity is 8kg, your dryer can only take up to 4kg load.

Thanks for the info on washing machines, will take note to check. Oh, so TV hard panel more difficult to crack ... I see. Well, we've already bought one at a warehse sales. Maybe got better sales & newer models later, but we'll just enjoy the TV for now :p

Hello
27-10-09, 14:19
T.O.P...T.O.P....T.O.P..now is coming Nov, when will T.O.P? Drag and drag and drag...the T.O.P month keep on changing..think we should all start calling the developer..:simmering:

nadoey
28-10-09, 00:51
Maybe they are waiting for the plants & flowers to grow b4 TOP .... :doh:

Kenneth
28-10-09, 22:01
Thanks for the compliment. Just my 2 cents and trying to help. Pls confirm yourself and do not believe anything in a forum blindly.

Yes. being near industrial and factories there will be too much yang (living) energy. The industial offices nearby is probably the reason that turned many people away from OG and also the busy road construction the whole of last 2 years. Hence the low takeup rate at launch.

The good news is that fengshui can be easily balanced. In OG, landscaping of large amount of plants and water gives the yin energy to balance the yang energy out! That is why in OG, you feel very different than when you are outside. It is extremely obvious. Too much yin or yang is bad. In fengshui, we try to find a balance.

The other good news is that the construction of the roads widening and MRT is complete and now and the traffic flows smoothly in front of OG. Hence, congrats to the lucky people who bought OG. :cheers6:

Also I forgot to add that OG is located on gentle slopes with a hill or higher ground at the back and the lower private houses in front of us. This belief is best reflected in the traditional Chinese saying, "Mountain at back, facing water".

Ok now tips on how to get in OG? Smile and be friendly to the workers and security guards. They have toiled on OG for the past years and they appreciate your friendship very much. Much credit goes to them. Much of the barriers in this world are man made, why continue to let them exist?

The only setback for this project is it is surrounded with industries and factories. For investor point of view, the potential for capitalisation is slim. For anything more than 1 mil, there are still many choices in the market that offer upside gain, sad to say. :rolleyes:

banger69
29-10-09, 09:43
Suburban condos have peaked while the prime has much more upside to go. Unfortunately, if you had not bought anything thus far, you have missed the speedboat. Most if not all who bought OG are sitting on nice profits. :D

For investors, buy resale prime at the moment. Definitely much better upside potential.

I popped by yesterday and it certainly looks like the leaves and flowers are blooming. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Nov TOP so we can have our OG Christmas party! :)

jtpy
29-10-09, 11:56
As usual, well said!! :cool: :cheers6:

cutematilda
29-10-09, 12:30
Yup, couldn't agree more! Actually, there are several locations with similar conditions but somehow some people seem to have not noticed or forgotten. E.g. Rafflesia also near to light industries. Just some thoughts :2cents:

Singapore_Rat
29-10-09, 13:57
Most of the older factory building will be gone soon. Take a walk around that area and you will see new office buildings under construction. A lot of companies are relocating their back offices outside Orchard and the CBD as rents are too high in those areas.

I've been doing business around the Paya Lebar area for the past 3+ years and I'm amazed at the area's transformation.

OG is a FH building located near 2 MRT stations. The CTE, PIE & KPE are just minutes away. The new STAMFORD AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL main campus will be build mere minutes away. We will be 1 MRT stop away from the new Serrangoon Mall.

I've been receiving brochure's from various suppliers. Has anyone else been receiving these?

cutematilda
29-10-09, 17:23
Yup, got. Received a few already.

jtpy
29-10-09, 22:57
Brochures? For?

nadoey
30-10-09, 01:20
Brochures with Oasis Garden printed on it.... for window grille, door grille, tv console, curtains, blind, etc... all in 1 envelope attention to your name...

Brochures? For?

nadoey
30-10-09, 01:32
Took the shot 2 weeks back on a sunny afternoon with my N97...
And now its my Desktop Wall Paper...

Oh... Am I CRAZY.... Ah.... TOP TOP TOP TOP ... :D

cutematilda
30-10-09, 17:54
haiz ....

等到劲项都长了

Hello
30-10-09, 23:41
Brochures with Oasis Garden printed on it.... for window grille, door grille, tv console, curtains, blind, etc... all in 1 envelope attention to your name...

Just curious, where you get the envelope from? They mail it to your current address??

nadoey
31-10-09, 00:54
Yes, they mail it my current address...
Wonder who give them my address... :simmering:

Just curious, where you get the envelope from? They mail it to your current address??

jtpy
31-10-09, 21:17
Yes, they mail it my current address...
Wonder who give them my address... :simmering:
You submitted your particulars when you bought yr unit.. Think that's how they got it.. No wonder I never recv it.. My address had changed..

jtpy
31-10-09, 22:09
Any bro/sis kind enough to scan a copy of the grilles & gates offers to post it here? I need to build grilles for my unit.. ;)

mdm k
01-11-09, 06:25
Any bro/sis kind enough to scan a copy of the grilles & gates offers to post it here? I need to build grilles for my unit.. ;)
Yup, I didn't get brochures too cos of change in address.
I second jtpy's suggestion if anyone can upload the scanned pics of grilles or anything helpful/useful :)
I've very young children and a grille is a must although we are on super low floor. Just wondering, the designs on the brochure are the 'pre-approved' ones by the management?

nadoey
01-11-09, 17:19
Just back from OG...

Notice the lift lobby wall color change to yellow... thou previously was white.. or maybe I remember wrongly...
Can see plants along the lift lobby block..
Also notice that some work are on going at the main foyer...

Chat with the friendly Security hero, he say the developer not satisfy with the foyer ceiling color, so work need to be done there... And he also say block 51 will collect keys in mid Nov.. * as usual * :(

Just before I move off, saw another OG owner... have a short chat and he mentioned that someone did receive the key already... and some agents are bringing people into OG to see see look look but by appointment... Anyone want to clarify with your agent ?

nadoey
01-11-09, 17:45
Told that OG owner who I met at OG about this forum.... hopefully he join us and update us with more news... as he say he work very near OG.. :)

Let's hope Nov really got thing moving... TOP TOP TOP TOP... :D

jtpy
01-11-09, 22:55
Wow, the work at the foyer looks massive.. :doh:

I'm kinda skeptical about the TOP date.. Even if that happens in mid-Nov, think my plan to celebrate Xmas in O.Gdn is almost down the drain.. This is based on my ID's input that they need 4 weeks to complete the reno job. Add another 2-4 weeks of inspection and rectification of defects from developer before the reno, the earliest move in date may be mid-Jan 10.. :mad:

mdm k
02-11-09, 00:34
Wow, the work at the foyer looks massive.. :doh:

I'm kinda skeptical about the TOP date.. Even if that happens in mid-Nov, think my plan to celebrate Xmas in O.Gdn is almost down the drain.. This is based on my ID's input that they need 4 weeks to complete the reno job. Add another 2-4 weeks of inspection and rectification of defects from developer before the reno, the earliest move in date may be mid-Jan 10.. :mad:

Oh no... definitely not good news if TOP date keeps on being pushed back.... thought we can celebrate New Year at OG :(

edwinleeap
02-11-09, 05:46
The project had TOP early last week (I heard). But the BCA website has not shown projects TOPped in Oct. http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ProcessTop1.asp

The problem is developer is still not issuing letters!

Hello
02-11-09, 09:36
There must be some problems why developer is not issuing the letters and this is indeed fustrating. I don't think the developer wants to change the foyer ceiling colour, probablty that is just an excuse to cover some problems on the foyer ceiling and that is why they need to change or repair it.

Developer won't want to spend extra $$ because they don't like the colour of the foyer ceiling. Went there during the weekends and saw one unit on the left hand side, the glass windows shattered. Now I have doubts if the windows installed are safe or not.

We brought someone who is a project director of another developer to OG site to see why it took so long for OG developer to issue out the letters and he told us that by looking this development, it should have TOP a few months back but it seems that they are still repairing the foyer and it could be due to some defects and problems.

Developer will normally tell the guard what to say to people like us when we ask them about what the workers are doing so that we will not get angry and call the developer up as they are trying to so called 'beautify the place more'. :mad:

jtpy
02-11-09, 10:37
The project had TOP early last week (I heard). But the BCA website has not shown projects TOPped in Oct. http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ProcessTop1.asp

The problem is developer is still not issuing letters!
Perhaps the BCA wesite only updates at end of each month? Think Oct 09 data not ready..

But then again, if they received TOP, they should be in a hurry to collect the 25% payment from us, which amounts to about 30+M in total!!! :scared-1:

jtpy
02-11-09, 10:39
There must be some problems why developer is not issuing the letters and this is indeed fustrating. I don't think the developer wants to change the foyer ceiling colour, probablty that is just an excuse to cover some problems on the foyer ceiling and that is why they need to change or repair it.

Developer won't want to spend extra $$ because they don't like the colour of the foyer ceiling. Went there during the weekends and saw one unit on the left hand side, the glass windows shattered. Now I have doubts if the windows installed are safe or not.

We brought someone who is a project director of another developer to OG site to see why it took so long for OG developer to issue out the letters and he told us that by looking this development, it should have TOP a few months back but it seems that they are still repairing the foyer and it could be due to some defects and problems.

Developer will normally tell the guard what to say to people like us when we ask them about what the workers are doing so that we will not get angry and call the developer up as they are trying to so called 'beautify the place more'. :mad:

You may be right.. There might be defects internally that we can't tell from the exterior... Must really find a way to get into the units to see what exactly is happening man!! :mad:

Singapore_Rat
02-11-09, 13:57
The developer called us to mention that they already have TOP however they needed to get the final approval for the electrical wiring, which will happen sometime this week. They expect to release the keys by the middle of November.

cutematilda
02-11-09, 17:07
The developer called us to mention that they already have TOP however they needed to get the final approval for the electrical wiring, which will happen sometime this week. They expect to release the keys by the middle of November.

Oh, you received a call from KL already?!! So did you get the letter as well? Perhaps those with units in the first few stack have better chance of aiming at CNY celebration ...

Singapore_Rat
02-11-09, 17:18
Oh, you received a call from KL already?!! So did you get the letter as well? Perhaps those with units in the first few stack have better chance of aiming at CNY celebration ...

yes we received a call from the developer but no letter. I'm sure will get that soon.

cutematilda
02-11-09, 17:20
yes we received a call from the developer but no letter. I'm sure will get that soon.

You're so the lucky, at least got a call from KL. Hope you managed to fish more out :p

Hello
02-11-09, 19:57
Electrical wiring should have already been approved before TOP as they will need to test all the electrical points to make sure all are in working condition.

If I am not wrong, developer will need to turn on the lightings for weeks to make sure that the wiring are all in order and working fine before TOP.

But it may be a fact that we might be receiving the letter somewhere in mid Nov for the first block and then end Nov follow by early Dec or probably it will drag again? Hv to be prepared for another excuse or reason??

jtpy
02-11-09, 21:39
But it may be a fact that we might be receiving the letter somewhere in mid Nov for the first block and then end Nov follow by early Dec or probably it will drag again? Hv to be prepared for another excuse or reason??
Think they are well capable of excuses rather than reasons..

Singapore_Rat
03-11-09, 12:24
Electrical wiring should have already been approved before TOP as they will need to test all the electrical points to make sure all are in working condition.

If I am not wrong, developer will need to turn on the lightings for weeks to make sure that the wiring are all in order and working fine before TOP.

First you need to test the electrical wiring and all electrical points and then you proceed with the inspection.

cutematilda
03-11-09, 16:32
Wasn't that inspection conducted some time ago according to a forummer here?

Singapore_Rat
03-11-09, 18:00
Wasn't that inspection conducted some time ago according to a forummer here?

yes inspection was conducted by the BCA, which according to the developer was approved last week. The Final inspection is conducted by another govt organization, which checks all electrical wiring this would include all circuits and fuses.

jtpy
03-11-09, 21:47
yes inspection was conducted by the BCA, which according to the developer was approved last week. The Final inspection is conducted by another govt organization, which checks all electrical wiring this would include all circuits and fuses.
Is it by Energy Market Authority (EMA)?

From their Act:

Functions and duties of Authority
6. —(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, it shall be the function and duty of the Authority —

(a) to create a market framework in respect of the supply of —

(i) electricity or gas; or

(ii) other goods or services regulated by the Authority under any written law,

which promotes and maintains fair and efficient market conduct and effective competition or, in the absence of a competitive market, which prevents the misuse of monopoly or market power;

(b) to secure that all reasonable demands for the supply of electricity are satisfied;

(c) to promote the development of the electricity and gas industries;

(d) to protect the interests of consumers in respect of the quality of electricity supply, gas supply and district cooling services provided;

(e) to protect the interests of the public in respect of the supply and use of electricity and gas and the provision of district cooling services;

(f) to promote the efficient use of energy utilities;

(g) to exercise licensing and regulatory functions in respect of electricity, gas and district cooling systems and services, including the establishment of standards and codes relating to any matter in connection therewith;

(h) to advise the Government on national needs, policies and strategies relating to energy utilities, and on matters appertaining to the Authority generally; and

(i) to exercise any other functions and duties conferred on the Authority by or under any other written law.

nadoey
08-11-09, 01:03
Everyone busy shopping for furniture & electric appliances ?
No one check out the work progress of the main foyer ceiling ?

noops
09-11-09, 09:59
Was there on sat. They were still working on the foyer, but looks like just finishing up. Management office has moved in so lets hope we hear from the developer soon.

nadoey
10-11-09, 00:46
Heard from another source that 1 special unit at level 4 is moving in their stuff end this month... :eek:

Not sure if i can believe it...

banger69
11-11-09, 11:27
Hi OGPLs,

Developer will be issuing out letters tomorrow to the 1st batch ie. Blk 51 first. The second batch, Blk 55 in 2 weeks time and the 3rd batch Blk 53 in a months time.

You can schedule to view your unit earlier by making an appointment with them if your unit is ready for viewing.

Hope this makes your day! :D

Btw, the new foyer is almost complete. They have also put a large beige vase right in front of the drawbridge to complete the photo perfect entrance. Go check it out. Symbol of prosperity and wealth

Hello
11-11-09, 13:58
Hi OGPLs,

Developer will be issuing out letters tomorrow to the 1st batch ie. Blk 51 first. The second batch, Blk 55 in 2 weeks time and the 3rd batch Blk 53 in a months time.

You can schedule to view your unit earlier by making an appointment with them if your unit is ready for viewing.

Btw, the new foyer is almost complete. They have also put a large beige vase right in front of the drawbridge to complete the photo perfect entrance. Go check it out. Symbol of prosperity and wealth

Hopefully is true! Hahaha...hope developer will not change thier minds again!

edwinleeap
11-11-09, 17:48
In case all of you need to know. OG TOPed on 15 Oct 2009 as listed on the BCA website. Info pasted below:

A0478-00001-2005-BP01 CONDOMINIUM HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COMPRISING 1 BLOCK OF 18-STOREY RESIDENTIAL BUILDING (TOTAL 134 UNITS) WITH BASEMENT CARPARK, TENNIS COURT,SWIMMING POOL, CLUBHOUSE & COMMUNAL FACILITIES ON LOTS 3766X , 5827N & 5828X MK 24 AT 51 JALAN BUNGA RAMPAI - OASIS GARDEN LOW KEOK GIAP 200918123 15/10/2009 21926.5 30128000 134

mdm k
12-11-09, 02:39
In case all of you need to know. OG TOPed on 15 Oct 2009 as listed on the BCA website. Info pasted below:

A0478-00001-2005-BP01 CONDOMINIUM HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COMPRISING 1 BLOCK OF 18-STOREY RESIDENTIAL BUILDING (TOTAL 134 UNITS) WITH BASEMENT CARPARK, TENNIS COURT,SWIMMING POOL, CLUBHOUSE & COMMUNAL FACILITIES ON LOTS 3766X , 5827N & 5828X MK 24 AT 51 JALAN BUNGA RAMPAI - OASIS GARDEN LOW KEOK GIAP 200918123 15/10/2009 21926.5 30128000 134

Finally!! :D

cutematilda
12-11-09, 07:42
Hi OGPLs,

Hiphip hooray!! Looks like the bigger units in the middle block is taking longer to process?

More shopping to come! Yeah ...
:im-so-happy:

banger69
12-11-09, 10:32
So, the security guard was telling the truth after all when he revealed to me 2 months back that OG had received its TOP.

Looks like the developer really does not need the cash since it did not inform our lawyers to get us to pay another 25% on our units. I take it as a good sign, as it could imply that the developer is taking its time to beautify OG and ensure the units are up to standard. I hope that our units will have zero or at least minimal and minor defects then!

I called the developer and PUB is still doing electrical and gas checks for individual units. If your unit has passed the check, you can contact the developer and make an appointment to preview your unit. Just explain that you need to move in quickly and thus need to take site measurements. You may call the developer at 65338651. The contact person is James. But I warn you that it is not easy to contact James as the receptionist told me that he makes frequent site visits etc. Once you manage to get hold of James, you will have to wait for him to call you back, confirming your appointment as he has to check with the contractor too. So, good luck!

nadoey
12-11-09, 23:49
So you got your appointment to view your unit already? :)

So, the security guard was telling the truth after all when he revealed to me 2 months back that OG had received its TOP.

Looks like the developer really does not need the cash since it did not inform our lawyers to get us to pay another 25% on our units. I take it as a good sign, as it could imply that the developer is taking its time to beautify OG and ensure the units are up to standard. I hope that our units will have zero or at least minimal and minor defects then!

I called the developer and PUB is still doing electrical and gas checks for individual units. If your unit has passed the check, you can contact the developer and make an appointment to preview your unit. Just explain that you need to move in quickly and thus need to take site measurements. You may call the developer at 65338651. The contact person is James. But I warn you that it is not easy to contact James as the receptionist told me that he makes frequent site visits etc. Once you manage to get hold of James, you will have to wait for him to call you back, confirming your appointment as he has to check with the contractor too. So, good luck!

banger69
13-11-09, 08:37
Yes, after repeated calls to the developer, I've managed to confirm an appointment to view my unit. :) Btw, if James is not around, look for Joanne, his assistant.

Cactus72
13-11-09, 08:59
Yes, after repeated calls to the developer, I've managed to confirm an appointment to view my unit. :) Btw, if James is not around, look for Joanne, his assistant.

Hehe..maybe he disappeared quickly after he realised you posted his contact and name here...look for Joanne also good for the owners...maybe got a pretty lady to bring you ard to inspect the unit together!

joetankk
13-11-09, 22:45
hi all,

anyone looking for a washer for your unit? We bought an Ariston AQXGF 129 http://www.mayer.sg/www/storefront/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=212&CatalogId=7&Brand=Ariston but thinking of getting another washer that is similar to another brand of dryer that we are looking at.

Washer is still in supplier warehouse and delivery can be arrange anytime from now till Jan 2010. Selling at $1120. Think the current promotional price at mayer year end sale is $1238.

Cheers =)

banger69
14-11-09, 11:17
A picture of our beautiful OG.

Enjoy!

:D

Btw: Some Blk 51 owners have keys already!!!

:cheers1:

nadoey
14-11-09, 17:08
oh.... so wonderful to be the first batch to receive the keys hor... hope those who did receive and view their unit to share share their feeling... maybe even what defects, if any, they found... Then everyone can look out for... :D

cutematilda
15-11-09, 10:19
Heehee, can guess which unit banger is staying if assuming the picture was taken from his balcony :D

NICE view & you can try to aim at the biege colour giant vase (throw some coins & make a wish) ;)

Thanks for sharing the photo! Hope to hear of any good advice on what to look out for, as what nadoey suggested those 'defects' to be careful to check out.

penguin
15-11-09, 17:48

I thought the letter should come from the Lawyers first prior to making an appointment with them right? Has anyone else recieved any letters from Kheng Leong's Lawyers or should I just call James/ Joanne directly instead? Mailbox has been filled with nothing but disappointment.... waiting for this long awaited collection of keys.

jtpy
15-11-09, 20:19
Understand that the developer's lawyer must issue the Notice of Vacant Possession to our lawyers first. Then lawyer has to inform bank/owner to pay up the 25% TOP payment milestone before key collections can happen..

penguin
15-11-09, 20:32
Understand that the developer's lawyer must issue the Notice of Vacant Possession to our lawyers first. Then lawyer has to inform bank/owner to pay up the 25% TOP payment milestone before key collections can happen..

Yes thats why I'm curious how come some managed to get their keys when I've not even received any letters whatsoever. :beats-me-man:

jtpy
15-11-09, 22:07
Yes thats why I'm curious how come some managed to get their keys when I've not even received any letters whatsoever. :beats-me-man:
Maybe those that took keys paid full cash fo their units? That's why less one layer and faster..

nadoey
15-11-09, 22:40
Went to OG this afternoon.... only outside... main foyer still not done yet..
But the place very quiet and peaceful...

Card access installed near the school... as for the other side door no card access but got key hole... open with key only??

Did not see anyone there for visiting...

When will my letter come... :banghead:

edwinleeap
16-11-09, 06:50
Looking at the URA masterplan 2008, you can see that Oasis Garden is considered as being part of the central region. The classification into district 19 rather misleading actually.

I received letter from lawyers already. Now not sure whether I can pay cash and get key earlier. Will be calling up lawyer and developer today.

cutematilda
16-11-09, 17:07
Oh my god .. 1 Penthouse sold at S$870 psf!! My eyes not playing tricks hor ... could be some rich foreigners?

penguin
16-11-09, 17:20
Oh my god .. 1 Penthouse sold at S$870 psf!! My eyes not playing tricks hor ... could be some rich foreigners?

Where did you get the above info from? Did not see any caveats lodged on URA leh.

cutematilda
16-11-09, 17:23
Where did you get the above info from? Did not see any caveats lodged on URA leh.

hi penguin, aiyo this info no need to wait for lodged caveats mah, can google URA sales statistics for the month.

penguin
16-11-09, 17:32
hi penguin, aiyo this info no need to wait for lodged caveats mah, can google URA sales statistics for the month.

Oh I got it.. cos the median price was for only 1 sale in Oct and the price was at $870 psf.. so 1 more unit to be sold before its 100% sold.

nadoey
17-11-09, 01:05
So you are from Blk 51 ...

I received letter from lawyers already. Now not sure whether I can pay cash and get key earlier. Will be calling up lawyer and developer today.

edwinleeap
17-11-09, 04:15
yes from 51

jtpy
17-11-09, 08:45
Looks that we'll see alot of movemnt on O.Gdn very very soon!! :cool:

Singapore_Rat
17-11-09, 14:11
can't wait until I get our keys. Seems like there is only 1 unit left unsold. I believe this is a penthouse.

Hello
17-11-09, 15:58
Checking mailbox everyday now...hahaha..anyway, managed to make an appointment to view our unit soon..:)

penguin
17-11-09, 16:49
Checking mailbox everyday now...hahaha..anyway, managed to make an appointment to view our unit soon..:)

Even without the letter from the developer?

nadoey
17-11-09, 20:16
oh... we are from the same block.... but me still no letter yet... :banghead:

yes from 51

nadoey
17-11-09, 20:17
That's great.... blk 51 also ?

cutematilda
18-11-09, 16:40
Any kind souls reading this thread & have collected keys (blk 51) could share any insight/finding/etc. etc. .... on what to look out for? Defects, yes/no? Thanks in advance!

Singapore_Rat
19-11-09, 07:56
Any kind souls reading this thread & have collected keys (blk 51) could share any insight/finding/etc. etc. .... on what to look out for? Defects, yes/no? Thanks in advance!

each unit will have different defects so my recommendation is for you to carefully inspect your unit once you get your keys. Here's what I will do once I can get the keys.

1. bring my Iphone charger and test each socket.

2. open all faucets and flush all toilets at the same time to test water pipe pressure. Check to see if the water heater works.

3. of course check for cracks, leaks, stains, check the windows and sliding doors.

4. won't be able to test the lights until my contractor installs them.

5. Test the oven & microwave. Check to see if the coffee maker & ref. are in working order.

I'm in unit #53 so I won't get my keys until next month however I did ask the contractor if we can see our unit so that my contractor can start to take measurements.

nadoey
23-11-09, 22:54
Weee... weee... Finally got my letter from the lawyer too....
Now then I understand about paying cash vs cheque thingy... :D
Anyway, I already sent the cheque to my lawyer.. estimated next week will then get the KEYS.... :cheers6:

Anyone visited/view their unit?
Please share share your feeling?

edwinleeap
24-11-09, 21:19
I collected my keys today. Extremely busy. Take note of bathroom "marbled" wall tiles, look out for scratches. Also check wet and dry kitchen countertop for chips. Living room floor may have cracks but "patched up" to look ok. But generally not too bad.

nadoey
25-11-09, 00:30
Thanks for sharing.... Hope to see more good news/sharing here... :)

Now you can get your guys to start working on minor works before moving in... XMAS for u at OG ?? :D

I collected my keys today. Extremely busy. Take note of bathroom "marbled" wall tiles, look out for scratches. Also check wet and dry kitchen countertop for chips. Living room floor may have cracks but "patched up" to look ok. But generally not too bad.

edwinleeap
26-11-09, 20:45
Phew! Just came back from OG. There the whole day as it is the first day of renovation work today. As I am in a rush, my designer was able to get the carpentry work 90% done in a single day, electrical work and L-boxes 40%, bay window also measured and started work. The carpenters are really great and amazing to install all the cupboards in a single day.

nadoey
26-11-09, 23:50
Wah.... this is really amazing.... speed.... :eek:
Do keep us posted... So interesting...

Are there many other unit working on the renovation?

Phew! Just came back from OG. There the whole day as it is the first day of renovation work today. As I am in a rush, my designer was able to get the carpentry work 90% done in a single day, electrical work and L-boxes 40%, bay window also measured and started work. The carpenters are really great and amazing to install all the cupboards in a single day.

cadencrh
27-11-09, 07:30
Got our keys too. Internal wise, flooring looks ok. È capentry at dry kitchen is quite bad though. 1 thing i noticed that is bad is our lifts got no floor indicator on individual floors! I.e we wont know which floors è lifts are while waiting. È landscape on è slope along è fences is a failure. Another heavy rain like last week may cause a major erosion..

cutematilda
27-11-09, 16:50

So amazingly efficient! Good for you loh ... we still waiting :(

Meanwhile, have bought 3-seater sofa already. Can't wait to shift in ;)

nadoey
28-11-09, 21:09
Went past OG this evening.... saw blk 51 got 2 units with lights on... thinks its at 9 and other at 12.. all rushing to complete renov fast fast... :D

Not sure if my contractor will be so on the ball for me or not... :(

nadoey
28-11-09, 21:15
Hi edwinleeap & cadencrh (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=15160) ...

Quick questions...
1) was the balcony floor finished with tiles or just cement ?
2) were the bundle-in electric appliance (fridge, wine chiller, oven, coffee maker ..etc) all installed?
Got to bring wine & coffee powder to test? :doh:

edwinleeap
28-11-09, 22:15
Balcony comes with tiles similar to kitchen tiles
All appliances installed except :
Coffee maker is not in yet - developer to supply when stock arrive.
Wine cooler does not cool very well - i need to turn it on longer to see if it can reach below 10 degrees
Water heater not heating water up even though heater light is on - must find out whether heater had been installed or not.

That's all the info you need.

nadoey
28-11-09, 22:17
Thanks pal....

Wine cooler does not cool very well - i need to turn it on longer to see if it can reach below 10 degrees
Water heater not heating water up even though heater light is on - must find out whether heater had been installed or not.

joetankk
28-11-09, 23:15

Hi Edwin,

Did u check if the water filter in the dry kitchen is installed?

edwinleeap
29-11-09, 04:06
There are some blue tubes under the closet. I asked the defect in-charge and he said that is the filter system. I will need to ask more info about this as I was expecting some sort of installation or tank. At least I need to know whether there is any filters and how to change it!

cadencrh
29-11-09, 05:35
Hi edwinleeap & cadencrh (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=15160) ...

Quick questions...
1) was the balcony floor finished with tiles or just cement ?
2) were the bundle-in electric appliance (fridge, wine chiller, oven, coffee maker ..etc) all installed?
Got to bring wine & coffee powder to test? :doh:
all è appliances comes with warranty frm è supplier, so i guess u need not have to test them too urgently if its too inconvenient to do it. i have turned on water supply for my unit and noted that è dry kitchen tap got no supply. Tried playing with è valve and è blue pipes underneath it but to no avail. Anyway è pipings below doesnt look like a filter to me. Mayb u guys can check with serene/agnes when either 1 of them is checking in è unit when u take keys.

joetankk
29-11-09, 07:46
For information, my contractor says that the blue tubing is running in a bypass mode. There is supposed to be at least a cannister filter attached to the grey circular plate. I remember seeing a picture of it in the showroom but they did not use the same picture in the brochure. Will need to check with Jess/Agnes on this.

For OG owners whom had their home defects remedied, may I check how fast did the developer react and carry out the necessary remedy on this? Within a week? Thanks :)

cutematilda
29-11-09, 09:04
Another question is can our own contractors go in to fix stuff while the developer goes about with the remedy work (assuming if not major defects)? Please share & enlighten leh, many thanks!

For OG owners whom had their home defects remedied, may I check how fast did the developer react and carry out the necessary remedy on this? Within a week? Thanks :)

statix
30-11-09, 18:27
Another question is can our own contractors go in to fix stuff while the developer goes about with the remedy work (assuming if not major defects)? Please share & enlighten leh, many thanks!

I wouldn't do that if i were you. They might claim that the defects would have been caused by your contractors. Besides, you would also not know who caused any further damage if you have two different contractors working at the same time.

Picked up my keys today and wasn't too impressed by the shoddy work done. Things like the door stopper magnet was not even fixed up. I also took a peep at another neighbour's place and she was also complaining about the workmanship. The finishing was not the best and it looked like some sort of rush job or something.

The only comfort was the nice swimming pool and the windiness... hopefully the defects can be rectified asap.

nadoey
30-11-09, 20:21
aiyo.... why they do rush rush job... so sad... :(

developer contractor will rectify the defects reported within 1 month but they can drag and drag and drag if u are unlucky ... :banghead:

nadoey
30-11-09, 20:22
so far onli 3 out of 17 OG owners in this forum collected their key..

1) cadencrh - collected key
2) statix - collected key
3) edwinleeap - collected key
4) banger69
5) Hello
6) mdm k
7) jtpy
8) mikeFoo
9) TSK
10) penguin
11) caren
12) noops
13) cutematilda
14) 5zigen28
15) Singapore_Rat
16) joetankk
17) nadoey

statix
30-11-09, 20:28
Did i mention that there is already someone staying in OG? All settled in nicely with furniture and curtains... could it be anyone in here? ;)

nadoey
30-11-09, 20:31
Could that be edwinleeap (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=10068) ?
Or someone is even faster then edwinleeap (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=10068)... :)

Did i mention that there is already someone staying in OG? All settled in nicely with furniture and curtains... could it be anyone in here? ;)

edwinleeap
30-11-09, 22:00
It is not me. The family has been enjoying the facilities, in fact just today, the pool is ready for use, and they had the virgin dive into the pool already...

Singapore_Rat
01-12-09, 05:31
I am in block 53 so I'm hoping to collect my keys soon. All repairs can be fixed so I'm noT overly concerned. If the repairs are minor then I will just let my own contractor fix it.

Say does anyone here have kids. I have a 2 year old daughter.

penguin
01-12-09, 07:17
Those who have collected keys, is it true the Master bathroom doesnt come with a shower screen door? I see that the common toilet has, but not master.

I have a 20mth old son... to add to the playground soon :)

lhkang
01-12-09, 10:09
I'm from Block 53 too, and still waiting. Looks like we are going to be working on a tight timeline if there are further delays, as we need to firstly complete the defect rectifications and then renovations. Assuming we get our keys around mid to end December, till CNY which is in mid February, there's only at most about 6 weeks. During CNY, work could possibly come to a standstill.

joetankk
01-12-09, 12:15
Just finish the joint inspection with the defects IC. He told me that they will need one month to complete rectification of the defects.

Major concern I have is there's water seepage on all the walls in the master bathroom :( May need to redo the whole master bathroom. Hope that they will be able to trace the source of problem soon.

Seem like we'll only be able to start reno in January.

cutematilda
01-12-09, 13:02
So sad to hear about the unsatisfactory workmanship :( :(

Anyway, my hubby just told me about this latest info: #18-06 Freehold $870 2357 $2050k

cutematilda
01-12-09, 13:05
I wouldn't do that if i were you. They might claim that the defects would have been caused by your contractors. Besides, you would also not know who caused any further damage if you have two different contractors working at the same time.

Hi statix, thanks for the advice! Will take note, but it does appear that it could be unlikely to aim for prior-CNY shifting :(

nadoey
01-12-09, 13:25
This was told previously by the OG sale agent... Master bathroom no shower screen door

Those who have collected keys, is it true the Master bathroom doesnt come with a shower screen door? I see that the common toilet has, but not master.

I have a 20mth old son... to add to the playground soon :)

nadoey
01-12-09, 13:39
Oh no... this is serious... how could no one notice it earlier ...

Wonder will this affect the unit below yours?

Just finish the joint inspection with the defects IC. He told me that they will need one month to complete rectification of the defects.

Major concern I have is there's water seepage on all the walls in the master bathroom :( May need to redo the whole master bathroom. Hope that they will be able to trace the source of problem soon.

Seem like we'll only be able to start reno in January.

joetankk
01-12-09, 16:50
Oh no... this is serious... how could no one notice it earlier ...

Wonder will this affect the unit below yours?

Not sure if the leak is coming from internal or external source. If it's coming from external wall, then it could be possible for the seepage to extend to several units down the rows.

Was witnessing a contractor who's trying to properly fixed some screws onto my main door. Not sure how but he ended up damaging the door frame and causing the cement to chip off.

Now hoping that they will not cause more damage as a result of trying to fix earlier defects.

Reporter
01-12-09, 17:23
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/h88_masthead_logo.jpg
The Bartley Road land parcel and a Bodhi tree
H88
Tuesday, 1 December 2009, 12:08

URA has put a site at Bartley Road up on the reserve list and its now open to application. Located right next to Bartley MRT, the 99-year leasehold land parcel it looks to be a location with great potential.

Looking at the site plan, we noticed something interesting - a tree that is to be "retained and protected". After some Googling intensive investigative work, it turns out that the piece of land has a bit of history behind it.

But before we begin, some 'boring' details first. The 99-year leasehold land parcel has a permissible gross floor area of 61,865 sqm or 665,909 sqft. Analysts say bids of $450-$550 psf ppr are quite likely. Some siteplans below:

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-12-01/bartley_landparcel01.jpg
It is right next to Bartley MRT and for animal lovers, SPCA is right opposite. Site plan: URA

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-12-01/bartley_landparcel02.jpg
The location of the tree (shown in the dotted circle). Site plan: URA

Here's the interesting stuff, that tree to be conserved is a Bodhi tree, which is considered by Buddhists to be sacred. The tree was part of the Jin Long Si Temple, a unique 'three-religion' (Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism) temple, which had to make way when the Government issued a land acquisition order in 2003 as part of a redevelopment plan for the Circle Line. There was a bit of a 'ruckus' when the news broke, but eventually the 70-year old temple had to go.

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-12-01/jinlongsi_temple.jpg
The entrance to the temple.

The 120-year old Bodhi tree stayed on however, as part of Singapore's 'Heritage Trees', which means that it cannot be cut down.
That tree would definitely cause a bit of a headache to any developer who wins the site. Architects planning the site will do well to take into account the Bodhi tree's stature and history. Extra care will be needed during construction too.

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-12-01/bodhi_tree.jpg

Singapore_Rat
01-12-09, 18:16
I'm from Block 53 too, and still waiting. Looks like we are going to be working on a tight timeline if there are further delays, as we need to firstly complete the defect rectifications and then renovations. Assuming we get our keys around mid to end December, till CNY which is in mid February, there's only at most about 6 weeks. During CNY, work could possibly come to a standstill.

let's keep each other posted. Like I mentioned before if our defects are minor then I'll get my contractor to repair.

I've asked the developer if I can at least have access to our unit so that I can take some measurments.

nadoey
01-12-09, 21:06
Not sure if the leak is coming from internal or external source. If it's coming from external wall, then it could be possible for the seepage to extend to several units down the rows.

Was witnessing a contractor who's trying to properly fixed some screws onto my main door. Not sure how but he ended up damaging the door frame and causing the cement to chip off.

Now hoping that they will not cause more damage as a result of trying to fix earlier defects.

It must be very frustrated to see one defects after another... :simmering:
You should just bring your swimming gear along and dive into the pool to cool down..

nadoey
01-12-09, 21:42
Will be calling the 2 ladies tomolo to make appt to collect my keys...

I think I should be also bringing my swimming gear along... seeing so many different types of defects mentioned so far.. :(

From poor kitchen cabinets workmanship, door stopper magnet, dry kitchen tap got no supply, Coffee maker is not in yet, Wine cooler does not cool very well, Water heater not heating water up even though heater light is on, water seepage on all the walls in the master bathroom, screwing of main door to causing more damage... :banghead:

banger69
02-12-09, 15:48
I believe the unit that is already occupied is on the 1st floor at Block 51.

Will be getting my keys this Fri. Crossing my fingers that the plumbing and electric works are sound, since I hope to move in this month.

And yes, my 13 month old son will be contributing to the noise level at OG. We can probably gather together and take turns to organise weekly play groups for the toddlers! :)

cutematilda
02-12-09, 20:41
Sounds like you're pretty confident after having had the chance to preview .. that's good if you can move in by this year-end.

We waiting for preview (yes, only) soon :)

jtpy
02-12-09, 21:55
Got our keys last week and was busy combing through the unit for defects.. Must say that we're totally disappointed with the shoddy workmanship of my unit.. These are the few major defects in my units that you guys might want to take note:

1. Living room, kitchen and balcony floor tiles uneven. Some pairs of tiles are so badly lay that you can feel "height difference" with your bare foot along the joint line.

2. A third of my balcony is like a pond after a heavy rain

3. One of my bedroom's timber flooring is almost entirely "hollow" underneath.

4. Another of my bedroom's windows are leaking.

5. The cabinet door for the coffeemaker spoiled after a few opening and closing.

6. A sizable number of 3 pin socket covers are so low quality that they got pulled out together with my handphone charger plug...

7. Lastly, the 2 rows of switches for the kitchen appliances (which I still don't understand why they are required) are so badly mounted that I almost tore them off the moment I saw them!! That area is a clutter of mess!!

The representative from the main contractor (defects I/C) admitted to me that their sub-contractors did a real bad job, especially on the flooring.. We're keeping our fingers crossed for the defects to be rectified soon.. It seemed like a long road ahead for us.... What a traumatizing week!!! :doh:

nadoey
03-12-09, 00:06
Hi jtpy, no wonder you went "missing" from this forum for awhile ...

After reading your post... it makes my heart sink too...

Shouldn't the main con monitor the sub-con on their work quality?
Cheaper to rectify there and then as compare to make changes now... unless the main con is hoping the owner will not discover the defects or owner is bearable to these defects... or the main con squeeze the sub-con dry dry resulting in cheaper product quality & poor workmanship...

This is so so so bad.... :mad:

cutematilda
03-12-09, 07:30
Thanks for sharing, jtpy. It seems that OG has become OMG :(

Now I'm really getting worried about what I may see during the preview.

banger69
03-12-09, 08:52
FYI, if you notice any defects and inform the developer about them, the developer needs to fix the defects in 1 month's time.

If the developer does not do so, you need to give the developer notice to have them fixed within 14 working days.

If the developer fails to respond, you can get the defects fixed yourself and then get your lawyer to submit a claim so you can be reimbursed.

joetankk
03-12-09, 09:57
FYI, if you notice any defects and inform the developer about them, the developer needs to fix the defects in 1 month's time.

If the developer does not do so, you need to give the developer notice to have them fixed within 14 working days.

If the developer fails to respond, you can get the defects fixed yourself and then get your lawyer to submit a claim so you can be reimbursed.

thanks banger69 for highlighting this.

Judging from the number of defects I have and the speed of rectification (Think they only managed to rectify 3 out of over 200 plus defects i submitted over the last 3 days), think will have to ask my contractor to look into this soon.

jtpy
03-12-09, 12:56
Hi jtpy, no wonder you went "missing" from this forum for awhile ...

After reading your post... it makes my heart sink too...

Shouldn't the main con monitor the sub-con on their work quality?
Cheaper to rectify there and then as compare to make changes now... unless the main con is hoping the owner will not discover the defects or owner is bearable to these defects... or the main con squeeze the sub-con dry dry resulting in cheaper product quality & poor workmanship...

This is so so so bad.... :mad:
Yes, precisely my point to the defects IC.... I pass a snide remark on his bosses' stupidity to let his sub-con screw them up big time and now they may to accomodate to all the defects claims which would probably cost more $$ to fix..

In any case, I'm going to closely monitor their rectification progress of my 3 pages long "summarised" defects list and pursue with my lawyer once they cannot deliver.. That would mean 1 months 2 weeks from yesterday...

jtpy
03-12-09, 12:58
Thanks for sharing, jtpy. It seems that OG has become OMG :(

Now I'm really getting worried about what I may see during the preview.

The defects IC claimed that there are some units in the other blocks (I'm 51) that are quite well done.. Let's see how true it is..

I hope the rest of the owners here will not face the same problems as me...

jtpy
03-12-09, 13:01

Yes, the main con is fully aware of this deadline and they are struggling to make good all the defects for those owners that collected keys... However, looking at the massiveness of the defects, it's either their stall the key collection for the subsequent phases or they would face a huge backlog...

jtpy
03-12-09, 13:04
Also, if they are unable to fulfill the rectification of defects, I would consult my lawyer to see if I can seek compensation for my incurred maintenance fees during the defects rectification period..

What pisses us most is that we are now paying maintenance fees, monthly bank instalments and yet sitting on a piece of property that we cannot move into any time soon.. :simmering:

joetankk
03-12-09, 13:09
Yes, precisely my point to the defects IC.... I pass a snide remark on his bosses' stupidity to let his sub-con screw them up big time and now they may to accomodate to all the defects claims which would probably cost more $$ to fix..

In any case, I'm going to closely monitor their rectification progress of my 3 pages long "summarised" defects list and pursue with my lawyer once they cannot deliver.. That would mean 1 months 2 weeks from yesterday...

Hi jtpy,

Correct timeline should be 1 month and not 1 month 2 weeks. You can send notice to developer through lawyer after one month had past from the date you submit the defect list. The notice should state your intent to engage your own contractor to remedy the defects together with the estimated cost.

The developer will then get 2 weeks to make good the defects failing which your contractor can proceed to remedy all defects. The cost will be deducted from the outstanding balance owed to developer.

joetankk
03-12-09, 13:11
Also, if they are unable to fulfill the rectification of defects, I would consult my lawyer to see if I can seek compensation for my incurred maintenance fees during the defects rectification period..

What pisses us most is that we are now paying maintenance fees, monthly bank instalments and yet sitting on a piece of property that we cannot move into any time soon.. :simmering:

hi jtpy,

have you turn on your water/power supply? just wondering if such cost can be billed to developer as well since any charges incurred would most likely be attributed to the workers tapping the power/water as there is nobody else using the utilities.

jtpy
03-12-09, 13:21
Hi jtpy,

Correct timeline should be 1 month and not 1 month 2 weeks. You can send notice to developer through lawyer after one month had past from the date you submit the defect list. The notice should state your intent to engage your own contractor to remedy the defects together with the estimated cost.

The developer will then get 2 weeks to make good the defects failing which your contractor can proceed to remedy all defects. The cost will be deducted from the outstanding balance owed to developer.

Noted with thanks... 2 Jan 2010 shall be the day...

jtpy
03-12-09, 13:23
hi jtpy,

have you turn on your water/power supply? just wondering if such cost can be billed to developer as well since any charges incurred would most likely be attributed to the workers tapping the power/water as there is nobody else using the utilities.
That is one of the reasons for me not to turn on the supply.. However, without that, I can't check if the water pipes are properly installed... Dilemma

joetankk
03-12-09, 13:29
That is one of the reasons for me not to turn on the supply.. However, without that, I can't check if the water pipes are properly installed... Dilemma

Actually that's the reason why I chose to turn it on. True enough, there's water leakage at the Master Bathroom. All the walls in the Master Bathroom are constantly damp. The hinges, ledges and mirror together with the cabinet are rusted/damaged as a result of the seepage.

I had told the defects IC to contact us when they start investigation work for the leaks and replacement of the mirror/cabinet. No reply from him on this though.

Will be going down tomorrow again to check on it. So much hassle :(

jtpy
03-12-09, 13:36
Actually that's the reason why I chose to turn it on. True enough, there's water leakage at the Master Bathroom. All the walls in the Master Bathroom are constantly damp. The hinges, ledges and mirror together with the cabinet are rusted/damaged as a result of the seepage.

I had told the defects IC to contact us when they start investigation work for the leaks and replacement of the mirror/cabinet. No reply from him on this though.

Will be going down tomorrow again to check on it. So much hassle :(

Think the defects IC is having a hard time with the enormous defects from the individual units... When I spoke to him yesterday, he looked damn shack..

Think I'll just turn on my supply next week and see if the water pipings are properly installed...

xebay11
03-12-09, 14:05
Fix the most costly items first, just in case the developer runs out of steam in rectifying defects, claiming through legal action is not easy and you do not have small claims court backing I would seriously look at the uneven tiles if I were you.

Singapore_Rat
03-12-09, 15:25
Defects can be fixed so I'm not overly concerned. Yes it's frustrating but sometimes these things do happen. You can either complain or do something about it. I suggest you get the major repairs done first and then figure it out later if it's worth you while to wait for them to fix the minor ones or get your contractor to do it. If it's me I would rather get my own contractor fix the minor problems.

xebay11
03-12-09, 15:37
Actually cannot blame the contractor, much pressure to finish for the Christmas and CNY period for anxious owners who wish to move in during the festive periods.

Singapore_Rat
03-12-09, 15:42
Actually cannot blame the contractor, much pressure to finish for the Christmas and CNY period for anxious owners who wish to move in during the festive periods.

You blame the developer. They are required to provide you what your paid for. Leaking pipes, faulty electrical outlets, poor workmanship are not part of the deal.

jtpy
03-12-09, 15:52
You blame the developer. They are required to provide you what your paid for. Leaking pipes, faulty electrical outlets, poor workmanship are not part of the deal.
True, we have to blame the developer.. Afterall, they did not sell the units to us like 200psf...

Singapore_Rat
03-12-09, 16:00
True, we have to blame the developer.. Afterall, they did not sell the units to us like 200psf...

Hang in there all will be okay. Trust me. I've seen this before even with first class 5 star developments. Oasis will truly be our paradise.

jtpy
03-12-09, 16:10
I'm really tempted to send this URL to the boss of Peak Homes and ask for his views.. :mad:

cutematilda
03-12-09, 16:41
The defects IC claimed that there are some units in the other blocks (I'm 51) that are quite well done.. Let's see how true it is..

I hope the rest of the owners here will not face the same problems as me...

Hi jtpy, hang in there .. will 'report' what I get to see .. if we actually get to preview but after reading the latest update in this thread, wonder if they still have time for preview at all!?!

But it's quite heartening to see neighbours sharing info, encouraging one another .. *pat* shoulders :)

edwinleeap
03-12-09, 18:33
I just moved in today. Managed to get most reno done and finished the move. So far, my defects are still minor, scratches, chips, misalignment of drawers etc. Hopefully these are things that can be rectified easily. Be patient and get developer to rectify the defects properly is my advice, rather than spoil the mood. Major faults must really make noise though.

I agree with Singapore Rat... First class developments nowadays are also susceptible to similar dubious workmanship too. I have seen enough developments to get some sense of current reality in property developments...

nadoey
03-12-09, 19:26
oh man... u are fast .... Congrat .... :cheers1:

I just moved in today. Managed to get most reno done and finished the move. So far, my defects are still minor, scratches, chips, misalignment of drawers etc. Hopefully these are things that can be rectified easily. Be patient and get developer to rectify the defects properly is my advice, rather than spoil the mood. Major faults must really make noise though.

I agree with Singapore Rat... First class developments nowadays are also susceptible to similar dubious workmanship too. I have seen enough developments to get some sense of current reality in property developments...

nadoey
03-12-09, 19:35
Suddenly this thread become so busy...
Thanks to all for sharing with us ... at least the rest of us know wat is happen on site...

No wonder this morning, Agnes suddenly call me saying my unit not ready to handover... saying they need to clean up the unit first.... make me wonder if they are delaying the key collection or my unit is flooded with water from rain... or the workers are using my unit as their bunk...

Now must really be mentally and physically prepare when my collection day come... Maybe those who have collected the keys.... can share what equipments to bring along... ie. BCA check list, color tape, paste-it, digital camera, marbles, hp charger, etc ??

jtpy
03-12-09, 20:47
Marker pen to label your masking tape... Use a coin to check for hollowness... Remember to switch on air-con (if electrical supply is available) as it will help to cool u down abit when the checking gets abit "hot" and at the same time test for leakages in yr aircon... :)

Btw, for those units with 3 bedrooms or more, you'll be wondering why the master bedroom aircon unit is so huge!! :banghead: I checked with defects IC and he claimed they did not make any mistakes when installing the aircon units.. :scared-1:

Singapore_Rat
04-12-09, 06:09
people, remember other potential second hand buyers might be reading this forum. You're not doing any of us buyers a favor by complaining. Like I said before this is just a mere inconvenience and problems will be rectified. I understand your frustrations. I'm in block 53 and so far no news when our turnover is in the meantime I still have to pay rent at the place we are presently living.

joetankk
04-12-09, 06:40
Btw, for those units with 3 bedrooms or more, you'll be wondering why the master bedroom aircon unit is so huge!! :banghead: I checked with defects IC and he claimed they did not make any mistakes when installing the aircon units.. :scared-1:

That's weird though. I checked out the unit besides me, The ultra big aircon is in the living room.

cutematilda
04-12-09, 08:09
Suddenly this thread become so busy...
Thanks to all for sharing with us ... at least the rest of us know wat is happen on site...

No wonder this morning, Agnes suddenly call me saying my unit not ready to handover... saying they need to clean up the unit first.... make me wonder if they are delaying the key collection or my unit is flooded with water from rain... or the workers are using my unit as their bunk...

Now must really be mentally and physically prepare when my collection day come... Maybe those who have collected the keys.... can share what equipments to bring along... ie. BCA check list, color tape, paste-it, digital camera, marbles, hp charger, etc ??

Hi nadoey, does it mean that the letter which you received does not mention the actual day of key collection? Thought you said got letter, but now still hear about not ready for handover? Please shed some light, thanks .... ours at block 55, so guess should be next batch?

jtpy
04-12-09, 10:01
Hi nadoey, does it mean that the letter which you received does not mention the actual day of key collection? Thought you said got letter, but now still hear about not ready for handover? Please shed some light, thanks .... ours at block 55, so guess should be next batch?
You'll recceive a letter from you lawyer to ask you for payment of the survey fees and 6 months maintenance of you unit. You can either submit a cheque or cashier's order to your lawyer and they'll in turn pass it to the developer's lawyer. In parallel, they also ask for the bank (if you are taking loan) or you for the TOP payment. Once the developer's lawyer receives and clears the 3 sums of $$, they will take in your appt for collection of keys. You have to make the appt yourself by calling either of the 2 ladies in stack of letter.. Hope this explains..

jtpy
04-12-09, 10:03
That's weird though. I checked out the unit besides me, The ultra big aircon is in the living room.
Which type of unit did you check out? 3 bedder?

cadencrh
04-12-09, 10:24

I am a 3-bedder, ultra big aircon is in masterbedroom, went into another 3 bedder unit upstairs not handed over also noted that the living room has got 2 small aircons

edwinleeap
04-12-09, 11:32
My ultra big aircon is in master bed room. Living two dissimilar smaller ones.

Hello
04-12-09, 13:40
Finally we got our keys!! Checked the defects...got about 80 on my list. I would say that we are quite disappointed with the poor workmanship but so far no major defects.

Waiting for SP to turn on the utilities supplies then see if any seepage, leakage or etc..

OG is such a charm esp in the night...:spliff:

cadencrh
04-12-09, 14:56
you guys should try to take a swim in the pool one of the nights, fantastic ambience and reasonably sized to do decent laps! :spliff: shiok!

banger69
04-12-09, 15:33
Got my keys this morning but no, I've not done an inspection of my unit yet. I'll do that tomorrow.

Was content to just close the door, stand at the balcony with my wife and soak in the breathtaking vista with her. I'll be back again later, to show my son his new home, and let him crawl around and poke around all the corners. I cannot wait to see his glee at having more space to play in.

Let's not get too uptight and stressed about the defects, especially on the first day when you get your keys.

For most of us, I'm sure we've worked and are still working hard to purchase our new place, a home for our families.

Take the time to enjoy the NOW for a while. We may have the chance to move into a brand new condo / house next time, but that's in the unknown future.

For NOW, just enjoy the feeling and give yourself a pat on the back for having the foresight to buy a place in Oasis Garden!

Enjoy.

Singapore_Rat
04-12-09, 16:14
Banger, how old is your kid? I have a 2 year 4 month old princess. I went there this morning but I was only allowed to walk around the compound. Can't wait to get my keys.

banger69
04-12-09, 17:03
Almost 14 months baby rat to enjoy OG and get past 2012 together. :)

Some updates, the lobby is finally finished and they are clearing it up today. :D

Btw, the function rooms and BBQ pits are all fully booked for Christmas and new year period! Never doubt the efficiency of Singaporeans! haha

Looks like there will be Christmas partying at OG!!! Cheers! :cheers6:

joetankk
04-12-09, 18:49
I am a 3-bedder, ultra big aircon is in masterbedroom, went into another 3 bedder unit upstairs not handed over also noted that the living room has got 2 small aircons

stack 07 units have the ultra big aircon in the living room

nadoey
04-12-09, 23:56
cutematilda, jtpy give a very clear explaination...

You'll recceive a letter from you lawyer to ask you for payment of the survey fees and 6 months maintenance of you unit. You can either submit a cheque or cashier's order to your lawyer and they'll in turn pass it to the developer's lawyer. In parallel, they also ask for the bank (if you are taking loan) or you for the TOP payment. Once the developer's lawyer receives and clears the 3 sums of $$, they will take in your appt for collection of keys. You have to make the appt yourself by calling either of the 2 ladies in stack of letter.. Hope this explains..

nadoey
04-12-09, 23:58
Got my keys this morning but no, I've not done an inspection of my unit yet. I'll do that tomorrow.

Was content to just close the door, stand at the balcony with my wife and soak in the breathtaking vista with her. I'll be back again later, to show my son his new home, and let him crawl around and poke around all the corners. I cannot wait to see his glee at having more space to play in.

Let's not get too uptight and stressed about the defects, especially on the first day when you get your keys.

For most of us, I'm sure we've worked and are still working hard to purchase our new place, a home for our families.

Take the time to enjoy the NOW for a while. We may have the chance to move into a brand new condo / house next time, but that's in the unknown future.

For NOW, just enjoy the feeling and give yourself a pat on the back for having the foresight to buy a place in Oasis Garden!

Enjoy.
Did they change the main door lock and hand you the new set of keys?
If yes, then how the main-con go in and rectify the unit.... ?

Come next Monday should be our turn to see and feel what you all have seen and felt...

nadoey
05-12-09, 00:03
Share share with us... how is your first nite at OG... :sleep:

edwinleeap
05-12-09, 04:26
A pretty good feeling spending the night in Oasis. The view is really good as you can see far and plenty of sky while lying down on bed. The nights are cooling too like aircon, and with my ceilin fans turning, it feels like hotel room to me. Wife says it feels like camping... as in she is in a new place, still not sure where to put her stuff.

noops
05-12-09, 10:54
finally got the call from my lawyer to inform us to make payment.
Cant wait to to collect our keys!!!
just hope that we wont find too much defects....:doh:

nadoey
06-12-09, 00:35
Let's all look at the brighter side....
Hopefully I will still say the same thing after Mon... :)

finally got the call from my lawyer to inform us to make payment.
Cant wait to to collect our keys!!!
just hope that we wont find too much defects....:doh:

nadoey
06-12-09, 13:15
jtpy, did they change the main door lock and pass you the new set of keys as part of the hand over process? :confused:

cutematilda
06-12-09, 14:02
jtpy, did they change the main door lock and pass you the new set of keys as part of the hand over process? :confused:

Err, didn't jtpy say he still getting those defects rectified? Shouldn't the new keys come into effect only upon proper hand-over of the unit i.e. after everything is in acceptable order?

jtpy
06-12-09, 14:50
Yes, they do.. But the stupid thing is you have to give it back to them to go in to do defects.. I'm going to change another lock after they complete the defects..

jtpy
06-12-09, 14:52
Err, didn't jtpy say he still getting those defects rectified? Shouldn't the new keys come into effect only upon proper hand-over of the unit i.e. after everything is in acceptable order?
They'll change to a new lock as per my last post...

banger69
07-12-09, 09:52
Great news for new residents of Jln Bunga Rampai !!!

Our estate will be upgraded with the following (Attached as well) :

1) Our own identity - Jln Bunga Rampai Estate with our own logo. Malay means- Potpourri of flowers and frangrances.

2) Recreational facilities - Children playground, hardcourt soccer, elderly exercise station, community garden, etc

3) Covered drains and new walkways

4) Rain shelters

5) Ramps for accessibility

Dr Fatimah, MP for Marine Parade GRC hosted the briefing yesterday. The project will take about 2 years. The first year will be the sewage and drains first. The residents also raised the issue of shortcut to Bartley MRT and foreign workers. The shortcut will be studied by LTA and hopefully soonest. The foreign workers are gradually relocated and moving away as the construction in the area ceases. The viaduct will be ready by mid 2010 with speed limit up to 70 km/h so we can get to the east very fast.

Overall, great news for us. :D

The only thing that pissed us off was the LTA spokesperson's arrogant attitude and resistant to listening to our ideas on the shortcut to Bartley MRT. Covered walkways to MRT is too expensive and thus we only get rain shelters. She (Sharon) even quoted that 50 m additional walk is good training for our children! Ridiculous.

Imagine an elderly walking in the rain with traffic at 70km/h just beside. Anyone with power to influence LTA, pls do so before an accident happens. :simmering:

statix
07-12-09, 11:16
The upgrading is indeed good news. Hopefully the shortcut/ sheltered walkway to Bartley MRT comes true as it would definitely be a plus point.
Btw I was at OG on Sat and the winds were so strong that it blew the deck chairs into the swimming pool. Had to go tell the security guards to go do something about it but he did not attend to it immediately.
This is something which will happen quite often (deck chairs falling into the pool) and I think we need to do something about it.

joetankk
07-12-09, 13:41
Feeling quite annoyed now. Caught the workers smoking and sleeping in the bedrooms. Plus using the plugs in house for charging of HP. Cam overlook the charging of HP part but really cannot tolerate them smoking in house. Now the bedroom reeks of cigarette smell.

xebay11
07-12-09, 13:57
Feeling quite annoyed now. Caught the workers smoking and sleeping in the bedrooms. Plus using the plugs in house for charging of HP. Cam overlook the charging of HP part but really cannot tolerate them smoking in house. Now the bedroom reeks of cigarette smell.

Small thing, when you do your renovations, workers will paint and clean all the walls :D Your room will be brand new again. Next time don't go looking. What you don't see, you don't know.

Singapore_Rat
07-12-09, 16:38
Banger, thanks for the information although it would be nice if we could get to the Bartley MRT via the Gerhka compound but we know that's not going to happen. I like the idea of a little community area.

cutematilda
07-12-09, 16:54
hi banger, you attended some meeting with MP?? Thanks for sharing the info ;)

Just previewed our unit - since it's preview, suppose it's normal to see not so clean & lots of unfinished stuff? Quite disappointed with the workmanship, especially the capentry :(

edwinleeap
07-12-09, 17:17
Just to encourage all who have seen the white doors of the cabinets. When I first saw them I was pretty disappointed. However after touching up and peeling off the protective layers (after your reno), they actually look pretty ok and matches quite well with my furnishings. So do get the developer to touch up the scratches, chips etc and it will be fine. You may want to do a door catch on the shoe cabinet door nearest the dry kitchen. (Mine will open up when the wind gets too strong and it will slam open)

joetankk
07-12-09, 18:35
some positives after all the negativity. The defects team is really efficient in the rectification process. Workmanship is good too :)

nadoey
07-12-09, 23:58
This sound good.... cos I have a few pages of defects too..

some positives after all the negativity. The defects team is really efficient in the rectification process. Workmanship is good too :)

nadoey
08-12-09, 00:00
Oh.... all my white doors protective layers are already removed when I got our keys today... Now I have additional worries... from white become black after defect rectification & renov.... :doh:

Just to encourage all who have seen the white doors of the cabinets. When I first saw them I was pretty disappointed. However after touching up and peeling off the protective layers (after your reno), they actually look pretty ok and matches quite well with my furnishings. So do get the developer to touch up the scratches, chips etc and it will be fine. You may want to do a door catch on the shoe cabinet door nearest the dry kitchen. (Mine will open up when the wind gets too strong and it will slam open)

nadoey
08-12-09, 00:05
Agreed with you... wind is strong.. saw 2 deck chairs in the pool this afternoon...
If rain + strong wind + balcony slide door not close...
oh.. furniture will get free shower ... :eek:

The upgrading is indeed good news. Hopefully the shortcut/ sheltered walkway to Bartley MRT comes true as it would definitely be a plus point.
Btw I was at OG on Sat and the winds were so strong that it blew the deck chairs into the swimming pool. Had to go tell the security guards to go do something about it but he did not attend to it immediately.
This is something which will happen quite often (deck chairs falling into the pool) and I think we need to do something about it.

nadoey
08-12-09, 00:09
A question for all those who viewed or collected keys or move in OG owners, are all the rooms floor timber strips lacquered? Mine look so old, rough, stains and full of scratches .... :mad:

cutematilda
08-12-09, 09:41

Okie thanks. I should be more positive like joetankk and look on the brigher side, things aren't so bad really. The landscaping is superd & can't wait to collect my keys then can officially go swimming :p

Btw, notice nobody mentioned the tennis, so to add here, will try to pratise my swing there too ... the court looks good :D

joetankk
08-12-09, 10:24
Okie thanks. I should be more positive like joetankk and look on the brigher side, things aren't so bad really. The landscaping is superd & can't wait to collect my keys then can officially go swimming :p

Btw, notice nobody mentioned the tennis, so to add here, will try to pratise my swing there too ... the court looks good :D

lol, i wonder if they will keep some gold fishes or koi in the water features areas

cutematilda
08-12-09, 10:45
lol, i wonder if they will keep some gold fishes or koi in the water features areas

Yalor, I also wonder. Coz there are a few pretty nice water feature spots; one at the main foyer near the bridge, the other is the one with the big vase near the pool. It will be good to keep some koi at the first one, which they just need to clean up a little. The latter is more suitable for smaller fishes?

Can't wait to swing my racket at the tennis court ... swing swing :D :D

nadoey
10-12-09, 00:03
Wat a small world... the day we collect our keys... met our new neighbor... and we end up viewing each other unit... that was fun... :D And both our small kids are of the same age... planning for the same school... its fate we met.. at none other place... our new home... Oasis Garden... ;)

See if we will meet each at OG.. Even so, we may not know that we are from this forum, hee hee hee .. Does not really matter, just a simple smile to each other will make our day a little brighter & sweeter.. :cheers1:

cutematilda
13-12-09, 15:12
Yes, they do.. But the stupid thing is you have to give it back to them to go in to do defects.. I'm going to change another lock after they complete the defects..

Hi jtpy, may I ask how's the progress for the rectification? Would you be aiming to move in for Xmas/New Year?

jtpy
13-12-09, 18:51
Hi jtpy, may I ask how's the progress for the rectification? Would you be aiming to move in for Xmas/New Year?
Almost done.. But... in the process of rectifications, they chipped 2 of my "ok" tiles and now I have to wait even longer:simmering:

Moving in more like to catch CNY now.. :(

cutematilda
17-12-09, 12:57
Almost done.. But... in the process of rectifications, they chipped 2 of my "ok" tiles and now I have to wait even longer:simmering:

Finishing already? We now waiting for developer to mail us letter; those three sums of $$ as submitted :)

noops
18-12-09, 08:34

Hi Jtpy, did u take photos of the defects as well? or did u just submit the defects list to them?

statix
18-12-09, 15:14
Hi Jtpy, did u take photos of the defects as well? or did u just submit the defects list to them?

No need to take photos. Once you have written and submitted the list of defects, you would need to arrange a time with the defects IC , Monzu to do a joint inspection and you can show him exactly what is wrong.

jtpy
19-12-09, 00:02
Finishing already? We now waiting for developer to mail us letter; those three sums of $$ as submitted :)
Almost done.. reno can prob start soon..

jtpy
19-12-09, 00:04
As wat Statix says.. jus need to go through with defects ic.. And remember to mark defects with masking tape..

nadoey
19-12-09, 00:35
This is great news for u ... :)

cutematilda
23-12-09, 21:12

Think our list would be something like yours :) dunno how come can have scratches on the oven one (meanwhile, hubby whole day face black-black).

cutematilda
23-12-09, 21:14
Hi nadoey, so you also got good news like jtpy?

nadoey
25-12-09, 16:31
not really, its in progress but no as fast as jtpy...
now we target to move in after CNY.. no point rush rush liao.. :)

Hi nadoey, so you also got good news like jtpy?

nadoey
01-01-10, 00:16
Happy New Year to all OG'ian....

Although most of us are not able to celebrate the new year at our new home at OG.... But come next year we shall be.... Cheers...

cutematilda
31-01-10, 14:38
Hi folks, long time no see no hear so guess everyone busy with reno, moving, preparing CNY, or maybe now already enjoying & sunbathing in OG. Saw this review posted at the propertyguru site ... wonder if she trying to buy an unit?

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 by Baet Helena
Pro:
Nice & quiet surrounding in the day
Feel Safe cause you live next door the special police force
Near school
Walking Distance to Circle Line
Easy to get to town for people who drive, as high way is right infront.
Very Resort living

Con
Near Workers Quaters (might be a short term accomodation)
Evening the road is very dimly lighted, so it's sort or dark to walk home.
May hear vehicles during late night (if close windows & on
aircon should be alright)
Factories behind (not sure they operate 24 hours)

I wonder who will be walking to the 'quarters', those not even near wat?! And unless you stay deep inside a forest, where got no vehicle sound at all huh?
Hey banger, where r u? Quick shoot something back with your poetic flair ..!

nadoey
01-02-10, 21:57
Hi cutematilda,

Have u got yours keys?

Starting to more and more people living in OG...

Mine still not ready, me no hurry... after CNY then move in slowly...

banger69
02-02-10, 08:47
Hi cutematilda,

I am here! Busy having a wonderful time with my family enjoying OG and its pros!

As for the cons posted in guru, hardly a factor. In fact, the pros outweigh the cons plenty more times! :D

The factories are closed at night and weekends when we are home. As for the foreign workers, they will be slowly relocated as construction in the area completes. MP Fatimah Latiff had assured residents of that during the MP upgrading brief. Street lights going to be changed, drains to be covered up, shortcut to Bartley MRT to be paved, playground and fitness corner going to be built. For the moment, there is an increase in police patrol to allay residents worries. As for the traffic noise, I can hardly hear it. Just hear the wind howling or kids playing with my James Blunt music. :)

As for the post in propertyguru,

Wise men don't need to prove their point;
men who need to prove their point aren't wise. - Laozi

Most residents are busy fixing the defects while those that have community spirit are meeting to fix defects around the condo. We have engaged the developer to quickly fix the problems before the 1 year warranty period is up which is from TOP Oct 09. For those frustrated, "better a diamond with flaws than a pebble without." The best thing is that the flaws can be fixed.

Lastly, for those who have yet to move in, THE BIGGEST pro is that our friendly OG family welcomes you and your kids to join us in swimming, gym, tennis and meetings with developers anytime as long as you want to.

Our OG, our diamond. Not only my wife loves it, so do our kids, our family and our friends loves it too! :p haha

The Master has no possessions.
The more he does for others, the happier he is.
The more he gives to others, the wealthier he is. - Laozi

cutematilda
02-02-10, 21:09
hihi nadoey, no no not yet. Should be after CNY & still need to do a little basic ID work first. Wonder if this thread has become quiet cos most forummers have shifted in & don't bother to chat already.

Wow ... like the diamond & pebble theory from banger leh :p
Good to hear that you're now enjoying & contributing to our good neighbourhood. Trust that you'll take good care of the facilities - still want to see those stuff new new when we shift in *giggle*
Lastly, thanks for sharing about the MP briefing. Certainly hope those promises will come true. If I may vote for MC now, will certainly 'volunteer' you cos you're so diligent in such matters ;) & so can help champion for OGians.

banger69
03-02-10, 14:54
There are many many more diligent and powerful people than me living in OG. As long as we are united, we can get the developer to work harder on the flaws.

Some interesting facts to share with those who have not moved in,

a) Accessibility. OG has excellent connectivity now with the new viaduct and KPE. I get to many places effortlessly for example bugis junction and pasir ris park. With the mrt to be connected to Paya Lebar and Suntec on Apr 17, it will be even more super! :D

b) Makan. The coffeeshop directly opposite serves excellent coffee and toast! Pity they close on Sun. The loh mee, thai food and duck rice are great in the various coffeeshops fronting Upper Paya Lebar. Poland sells very fresh fruits and the bakery fresh kaya bread. Not forgetting sg all time fav 4D-toto booth. At the back is the 24hrs Prime supermarket. Beginning to live the simple life of the Gurkhas, enjoying the leisurely stroll with my family to Prime and back. Just not running with them yet cos they are too fast!

c) Phone calls. By property agents who call and call and call even when it is not for sale. Amazing how many there are. I always tell them to wait for the new Bartley road site to launch first then sell OG for a better price since that is a 99 year pebble only, noisy just beside the main road, no makan and probably sky high prices too. Asking residents to sell now is cheating them! :hell-hath-no-fury:

Cheers

cutematilda
03-02-10, 17:11
You're being modest :p ... anyway, thanks banger for sharing so much nice stuff about our OG!
So looking forward to checking out those good stuff that you mentioned, of course including makan, 4D, etc.

nadoey
05-02-10, 15:47
banger, you mentioned "The coffeeshop directly opposite serves excellent coffee and toast!" ... are you refering to one of those fronting upper Paya Lebar or the caferia in the OG showroom building, opposite OG main gate?

to me, coffee and toast are very important.... :)

cadencrh
05-02-10, 22:01
banger, you mentioned "The coffeeshop directly opposite serves excellent coffee and toast!" ... are you refering to one of those fronting upper Paya Lebar or the caferia in the OG showroom building, opposite OG main gate?

to me, coffee and toast are very important.... :)

Think banger was referring to the canteen in OG showroom building. Agree that the kopi there is nice. The veg rice and fish soup are not bad too..

Anyway,did u guys notice that the lifts in OG have got no floor indicators on each floor's lobby? In other words, we won't know where the lifts are while waiting for them to come.

09-02-10, 11:21
Drove along the Bartley Road extension and saw OG, must say it does look nice. Congrats to OG owners.
Later headed on to CTE and drove past the Chuan, the feel and look is a bit similar. must be due to same developer.

cutematilda
09-02-10, 17:05
Hi there, did you discover OG by chance or some guru sites? :p

Anyway, we OGians are proud to say that OG has now been promoted with a star in the propertyguru site - meaning "condo specialist". But exactly what that means if anyone knows, please enlighten what is this 'specialist' listing :ashamed1: .. thanks!

10-02-10, 05:14
I saw the OG showflat when it was located at the factory opposite the present location sometime last year. At that time development was still in progress. Quite like the feel and exclusiveness but price was just upped as confirmed by agent there.
Thus this was the first time seeing it completed.

gohsoonk
10-02-10, 08:44
Hi there, did you discover OG by chance or some guru sites? :p

Anyway, we OGians are proud to say that OG has now been promoted with a star in the propertyguru site - meaning "condo specialist". But exactly what that means if anyone knows, please enlighten what is this 'specialist' listing :ashamed1: .. thanks!

I think the agents need to pay a higher fee to Propertyguru to be listed on prime page for OG. If anyone search OG, the agent profile will be listed. Anyway, it means that some agents think it is worth it to pay for the ad space as OG can be easily punted.

That is my guess.

10-02-10, 09:07
I think with OG just obtaining TOP, some owners may think of selling now and with the property mkt still quite hot, this may have prompted agents to list it on the prime pages.

I think the agents need to pay a higher fee to Propertyguru to be listed on prime page for OG. If anyone search OG, the agent profile will be listed. Anyway, it means that some agents think it is worth it to pay for the ad space as OG can be easily punted.

That is my guess.

nadoey
21-02-10, 13:04
I wonder how was the gathering yesterday.... ??

cutematilda
24-02-10, 13:17
I wonder how was the gathering yesterday.... ??

Hi nadoey, do you mean that lunar new year day 7th. Yup saw a notice on that, also curious to know as we didn't have time to check it out. Still busy with our unit :) How's thing at your end?

nadoey
25-02-10, 01:19
Hi nadoey, do you mean that lunar new year day 7th. Yup saw a notice on that, also curious to know as we didn't have time to check it out. Still busy with our unit :) How's thing at your end?

Yup that's the one on the notice board...

I was back last sun to bring my son for a swim.... see that the first batch of OG'ian are getting along well... Hello & chat chat each other between the pool and the balcony up above... interesting... :)

Renov will only cont next mon... cos of CNY ...

statix
03-03-10, 10:24
Hi all, just to share on the latest transaction

Address Jalan Bunga Rampai
Tenure Freehold
PSF $921
Area Sqft 1227
Price $1130k

First subsale for O.G... Pretty decent price :). Hope the price continues to rise in the year of the Tiger!

04-03-10, 19:55
An agent brought me to see a unit yesterday. Quite a nice condo but I am not impressed with the Wire Mesh Fencing.

cutematilda
08-03-10, 13:43
Hi all, just to share on the latest transaction

Address Jalan Bunga Rampai
Tenure Freehold
PSF $921
Area Sqft 1227
Price $1130k

First subsale for O.G... Pretty decent price :). Hope the price continues to rise in the year of the Tiger!

Thanks statix for sharing the info. Guess you haven't been on this thread since a long time already ;)

statix
10-03-10, 10:26
Thanks statix for sharing the info. Guess you haven't been on this thread since a long time already ;)

Actually been around but just a silent reader... this thread is starting to slow down since more and more have collected their keys.

banger69
10-03-10, 11:32
Spending more time drinking with new neighbours under the pavilion, or playing in the pool with children compared to internet surfing nowadays. Nothing really interesting other than house prices going higher and higher. :cheers1:

Defect rectification is a mindset. We have 1 year to do it so do not let it affect your decision to move in too much. I am still rectifying defects after 4 months and if I find any new defects, I will have another 8 months to rectify. A perfect home is not one without defects as that may only exist in the mind subjected to individual tolerances.

We eat watermelon even though there are seeds right? We just spit the seeds out with every bite and not stop eating watermelon.

Anyway, if this dry weather continues, we will have Desert Oasis instead and we can have a watermelon juice party... :cheers6:

cheerful
11-03-10, 19:51
ai yoooooo........rectifying defects after move in???.. not very good for fengshui :tsk-tsk:

banger69
12-03-10, 08:51
haha ... cannot help it if we find new defects all the time :) Anyway we have 1 year to rectify and the workers are very responsive and friendly, so nothing much to worry.

Focusing on the reasons why OG in the first place helps keep things in perspective.

tboonk
22-03-10, 08:33
Hi! New to this area. Can anyone advise what is good about Bartley area? Having some concerns as this is near to Mt Vernon funeral parlours. Sorry if I offended anyone but I am seriously wanting to know the pros and cons of living in Bartley.

tboonk
Hi! New to this area. Can anyone advise what is good about Bartley area? Having some concerns as this is near to Mt Vernon funeral parlours. Sorry if I offended anyone but I am seriously wanting to know the pros and cons of living in Bartley. Post

tboonk
Hi! New to this area. Can anyone advise what is good about Bartley area? Having some concerns as this is near to Mt Vernon funeral parlours. Sorry if I offended anyone but I am seriously wanting to know the pros and cons of living in Bartley. Post this

tboonk
22-03-10, 08:34
Hi! New to this area. Can anyone advise what is good about Bartley area? Having some concerns as this is near to Mt Vernon funeral parlours. Sorry if I offended anyone but I am seriously wanting to know the pros and cons of living in Bartley. Posting this question hear since Oasis Garden thread is the most active todate.

edwinleeap
22-03-10, 11:02
Oasis Garden is quite far from the cemetery area at Mt Vernon, Bidadari area near Aljunied. It is actually along Upper Paya Lebar.
The best thing I find about Bartley/Upper Paya Lebar area is the distance to anywhere in SIngapore. It is extremely convenient for drivers as PIE, CTE, KPE are converging near there.

banger69
22-03-10, 11:30
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.pngHi Tboonk,

Since you posted 4 times, I will spend some time to reply to you. Too many pros and cons to write down. Depends on what is important to you and where you are comfortable living in. If you focus on the past, yes the area was undeveloped. If you focus on the future, yes, the area is only 2 out of 10 years in its growth since the master plan was announced.

In 2008

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/

New URA Masterplan: Kallang, Paya Lebar the new stars
Fri, May 23, 2008
The Straits Times

(http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20080523-66735.html) http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gif
GOOD news, Kallang and Paya Lebar: It is your turn to shine.
The two sleepy industrial estates have been identified as Singapore's next big urban hotspots, as the nation's land planners draw up blueprints for the next 15 years.

Now colourless and underdeveloped, these towns will burst into full bloom over the next decade. Paya Lebar will be transformed into a thriving commercial and civic centre, while Kallang will become a residential and lifestyle hub with homes and offices set among green parks and sandy beaches.

http://ads.asia1.com.sg/image.ng/site=tasiaonenews&sec=asiaonea1news&pagepos=1&size=300X250 (http://ads.asia1.com.sg/click.ng/site=tasiaonenews&sec=asiaonea1news&pagepos=1&size=300X250)

They are the stars of the Urban Redevelopment Authority's (URA) highly anticipated Draft Master Plan, which was released by National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan on Friday.

The Master Plan, which guides Singapore's land use over the next 10 to 15 years, is revised every five years to provide more housing and leisure options and ensure that sufficient space is set aside to support a growing population.

The plan also continues a sustained effort to decentralise and reduce congestion in the Central Business District by building offices all across the island, bringing jobs closer to homes.
Some of the plan's highlights, such as the new Jurong Lake District and the new MRT lines, have already been revealed.
Other plans were more fully fleshed out on Friday, such as the expansion of the city's commercial centre, which will double in size to include Marina Bay and Tanjong Pagar, as well as the Beach Road/Ophir-Rochor corridor.

In 2010

http://onemotoring.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/road_projects/bartley_road.html

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Transport/Story/A1Story20100127-194660.html

In 2018

Can anyone predict? ...

If you focus on the present, then walk or drive around the area, speak to a few residents and eat at the coffeeshops. You will have more than a superficial impression of reading in this forum.

Btw, if you see hunks and happy families running around or walking together, they are Gurkhas, the elite defenders of our land. They keep the spirits and bad guys at bay. Cheers

banger69
06-04-10, 11:41
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20080312-53975.html

Charmed circle http://business.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gif The Circle Line will open from next year, starting with Stage Three, which links the Bishan station on the North-South Line to the Serangoon station on the North-East Line. Experts say this added accessibility will boost property values in the areas around each station. Which are some of the notable stations and residential developments to look out for now? Fiona Chan explores the area
Steep price jump likely

http://business.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/03Mar08/images/20080312.095254_st_bartleyrd_490x350.jpg

Current prices
AT THE end of last year, homes in the Bartley area averaged $543 per sq ft (psf) in price.
While there are too few projects in the area to allow an accurate comparison of average prices over time, those projects with more transactions showed steady price rises last year.
These include Casa Rosa at Lorong Ong Lye and Sun Rosier at How Sun Drive, which went up in price by 20 per cent to 30 per cent last year.
Potential growth
Home prices are likely to jump by up to 30 per cent after the completion of the Circle Line MRT Station in front of the Maris Stella schools, said Mr Ku Swee Yong, the director of marketing and business development at Savills Singapore.
He said this is one of the locations that will see the biggest rises in value as prices in the area are fairly low right now.
The construction around the area seems to be more extensive than usual, he noted.
"I would expect a significant price jump once the station is operational. Residents will then reap the benefits after suffering years of disruption from the road works."

Pizza88
22-04-10, 12:04
Anyone know the land area for this project?

gohsoonk
22-04-10, 13:44
Not sure if it is accurate...information in below link

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=13796&new=

Anyone know the land area for this project?

banger69
23-04-10, 17:22
With the circle line up, OG people can look forward to more good news soon... :cheers1:

Upcoming Serangoon Central mall 90% leased out
(http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/02/03/upcoming-serangoon-central-mall-90-leased-out-ahead-of-nov-opening/)

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http:///) on February 3, 2010
An upcoming mall in Serangoon Central, called nex, has leased out about 90 per cent of its space some nine months ahead of its official opening in November.
The mall’s developer, Gold Ridge, said it has signed on the Serangoon Public Library as the newest anchor tenant at the complex.
The new public library will occupy about 17,000 square feet of space and is scheduled to open to the public in March 2011.
Other anchor tenants include Challenger, Cold Storage, Courts, and FairPrice Xtra.
With over 600,000 square feet of net lettable area over six storeys, nex will be the largest mall in northeast Singapore.
The mall is integrated with a new bus interchange and the Serangoon Interchange Station where the North East Line and the Circle Line converge.
The retail mix will extend to over 350 specialty shops offering international and local fashion brands, various apparel wear and home products.
Source : Channel NewsAsia – 3 Feb 2010

[/URL]

[URL="http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/02/03/nlb-to-open-new-library-in-serangoon-in-mar-2011/"]NLB to open new library in Serangoon in Mar 2011 (http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/02/03/upcoming-serangoon-central-mall-90-leased-out-ahead-of-nov-opening/#respond)

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http:///) on February 3, 2010
Serangoon residents will have a new public library in March next year.
The National Library Board (NLB) announced on Wednesday that the new Serangoon Public Library will be located at “nex”.
“nex” is a mega eco-friendly mall linked to the new 16-bay Serangoon Bus Interchange and the stations of the new Circle line and existing North East line.
The Serangoon Public Library will cater to some 122,000 residents in Serangoon.
It will cover an area of about 17,000 square feet, and start with a collection of about 150,000 books, magazines and audio-visual material.
Source : Channel NewsAsia – 3 Feb 2010

nex mall to have roof garden dog run (http://lushhomemedia.com/2009/11/10/nex-mall-to-have-roof-garden-dog-run/)

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http:///) on November 10, 2009
nex, the mall which is being built next to Serangoon MRT Station, will have a dog run – the first in a shopping centre here.
The 2,000 sq ft run will be on the roof garden at the fourth level. ‘We hope that with the introduction of a designated dog area at nex, perhaps we can attract a new group of regular mall visitors who are pet lovers,’ says Tong Kok Wing, general manager of Guthrie Consultancy Services, which is providing project consultancy and marketing for nex.
The run has been set aside for dogs to exercise and play in an off-leash environment under the supervision of their owners. ‘Under guidelines stipulated by the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA), certain breeds of dogs must be muzzled and the same will apply here,’ a Guthrie spokeswoman said.
To visit the dog run, dog owners and their pets will have to use designated lifts in the mall or escalators outside. Dogs will not be allowed in other parts of the mall.
A Pet Safari store will be on the same level as the dog park. The store, operated by Pet Lovers Centre – one of Singapore’s largest pet food retailers – will occupy more than 5,000 sq ft in a double-storey unit. It will offer pet food, accessories, veterinary services and pets for sale.
So far, more than 70 per cent of retail space at nex has been committed. Anchor tenants include Challenger, rivals Fairprice Xtra and Cold Storage, Courts, Isetan, Shaw Cineplex, Food Republic and Food Junction. The mall is being developed at an estimated cost of $1.3 billion and is slated to be completed by end-2010.
Other places in Singapore where there are dog runs include West Coast Park, Bishan Park and Pasir Ris Farmway.
Source : Business Times – 10 Nov 2009

Metro, Isetan setting up new heartland outlets (http://lushhomemedia.com/2009/07/31/metro-isetan-setting-up-new-heartland-outlets/)

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http:///) on July 31, 2009
RETAIL veterans Isetan and Metro will expand in the coming year, at a time when many of their counterparts around the world are biting the dust.
The two department stores, each with three outlets, are setting up new outlets in the heartland – after years of standing pat.
Japanese chain store Isetan will open its first outlet in 14 years at Nex, an upcoming mall in Serangoon Central, next year. Locally owned Metro will have a 56,000 sq ft outlet in City Square, the mall in Little India, by September – this coming after it closed two stores in the last four years.
The moves fly in the face of what is happening elsewhere, where department stores are doing anything but expanding. The recession has already felled the weaker players in the United States, Japan and parts of western Europe.
American chains that have gone belly up include Gottschalks and Mervyn’s, while premium stores like Saks and Neiman Marcus are offering more lower-priced products to reel in the crowds, noted Australia-based retail consultant Michael Baker.
In Japan, chains like Mitsukoshi and Daimaru have downsized or merged with others on the back of a three-year decline in takings.
Here, names like Sogo and Seiyu, big in the 1990s, are now a distant memory for a new generation of shoppers. In its heyday in the 1980s, Metro had eight outlets, five in Orchard Road alone. Today, it has only one outlet on the strip, with the other two in Woodlands and Sengkang.
Singapore Retailers Association executive director Lau Chuen Wei noted that department stores are no longer considered the must-have anchor tenant. The newest temples to shopping – 313@Somerset, Ion Orchard, Orchard Central and Tampines 1 – either have supermarkets or flagship stores of well-known brands to draw crowds. Shoppers have also changed their habits, said Mr Baker. They find browsing in department stores too inconvenient and prefer patronising speciality stores.
Department stores are also facing competition from hypermarkets and fast-fashion brands muscling in on their ‘one-stop shop’ concept. Carrefour, for example, has gone beyond foodstuff and household sundries to sports equipment, clothing and make-up, while clothing brands like Zara now also stock shoes, accessories and bags.
To survive, therefore, the department stores are staking a claim on heartland turf.
Metro is doing one other thing – tweaking its offerings to attract younger shoppers: It will bring in new cosmetic brands, create a special Estee Lauder beauty treatment room and introduce the first Barbie shop here, modelled after the one in Shanghai.
But some young consumers like civil servant Prashant Somosundram, 29, say department stores need to reinvent themselves, not just tweak their formula. He lives across from City Square mall, and hopes the Metro outlet there will ‘bring in unique fashion labels or food products’. He also suggested that stores create a unique shopping experience with interactive digital media.
Source : Straits Times – 31 Jul 2009

Pizza88
07-03-11, 11:03
Penthouse unit sold at $1040 psf... :scared-5:

I dun like the price but I like the view.

Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
55 Jalan Bunga Rampai #18-08
Freehold
$1040
$2250k
16 Feb 11

devilplate
07-03-11, 11:05
nice unit number:D

kellogs
07-03-11, 15:31
I almost bought an unit here but changed my mind last minute due to it is near to light industry area

bargain hunter
22-03-11, 08:24
A COUPLE have sued a unit of property developer Kheng Leong, claiming the apartment the firm delivered to them was unfit for occupation.
Mr Benson Tan and his wife Amelia, who bought a unit at Oasis Garden condominium, have sued Peak Homes Development, seeking compensation for various costs, such as the rental for another house while the unit was being repaired and the moving charges involved.
They are claiming $12,146.73 in direct losses, plus interest as well as unspecified damages for being sold a unit unfit for habitation at the time of delivery, including for the alleged distress and inconvenience they suffered.
The case got under way in the Subordinate Courts yesterday.
In the suit, the couple claimed they found several defects when the apartment was first inspected after the keys were collected from the developer.
The couple bought the 1,519 sq ft three-bedroom unit for $1.08 million in October 2007.
The Tans, represented by lawyer P. Padman of KSCGP Juris, told the court yesterday that when the ground-floor unit was handed over in November 2009, it was in an 'uninhabitable' state.
According to court documents, substantial defects were present throughout the apartment, including plumbing, flooring and carpentry problems.
Mr Tan said the couple were forced to rent another home for six months while extensive repair work was carried out by Peak Homes' contractors.
The apartment, currently occupied by Mr Tan and his wife, is among 134 units at Oasis Garden, located in Jalan Bunga Rampai, off Upper Paya Lebar Road.
Peak Homes, through its lawyer Melvin Lum of WongPartnership, responded in a court-filed document, claiming the couple were unrealistic in their demands.
The couple's expectations, it said, far exceeded the industry standards laid out in the Building and Construction Authority's guidelines.
Peak Homes has argued that most of the defects set out by the couple were minor ones, consisting mostly of stains. They said these would not have rendered the unit unsafe or impossible to occupy.
The firm argued that it had carried out the work to rectify the defects and covered the costs.
It added that on top of these rectifications, the couple had asked Peak Homes' main contractor to carry out more renovation and upgrading work on their unit.
This is not the first time a developer has been sued by residents. Last month, residents of Emery Point, a project in Tanjong Katong, sued City Developments, the main contractor, five sub-contractors and the architect over numerous building defects.
The case was ultimately resolved amicably out of court.
The Kheng Leong group has real estate developments across the region in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Australia.
Its projects here include the 1,145-unit The Minton in Lorong Ah Soo.
The hearing is expected to continue on May 11.

mcmlxxvi
22-03-11, 10:13
A COUPLE have sued a unit of property developer Kheng Leong, claiming the apartment the firm delivered to them was unfit for occupation.
Mr Benson Tan and his wife Amelia, who bought a unit at Oasis Garden condominium, have sued Peak Homes Development, seeking compensation for various costs, such as the rental for another house while the unit was being repaired and the moving charges involved.
The Kheng Leong group has real estate developments across the region in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Australia.
Its projects here include the 1,145-unit The Minton in Lorong Ah Soo.
The hearing is expected to continue on May 11.

I wanted to post this up but you beat me to it! :D

bargain hunter
22-03-11, 10:30
hehehe. but this is indeed impt! couple must be REALLY displeased to go through this route.

I wanted to post this up but you beat me to it! :D

Singapore_Rat
22-04-11, 11:00
I'm so glad I sold my unit.

lilfeets
24-05-11, 14:46
wahhhh... like this, wont the price of the property be affected...

ysyap
24-05-11, 15:00
wahhhh... like this, wont the price of the property be affected...Try Woodlands blk 686B...

sttp
10-07-11, 18:27
Hi, I think this is my first post in this forum. I just saw a unit at Oasis Garden. I'm interested in the place. Could anyone please tell me the pros can cons of the condo? Thank you.

devilplate
10-07-11, 18:31
Hi, I think this is my first post in this forum. I just saw a unit at Oasis Garden. I'm interested in the place. Could anyone please tell me the pros can cons of the condo? Thank you.
If u dun mind staying within light industry n gurkha camp:scared-3:

Past 2yrs tx oredi tell us the story....from 800psf in jul09 till now 9xxpsf....laggard....not much tx....not popular

sttp
10-07-11, 19:22
Those were 2 areas I noticed first but after observing the area I felt that I'm fine with it. Anyone staying in Oasis Garden? Care to share you experience there so far?

spyro
11-07-11, 12:09
Those were 2 areas I noticed first but after observing the area I felt that I'm fine with it. Anyone staying in Oasis Garden? Care to share you experience there so far?

Only perks is close to Maris Stella if u got boys...

Pizza88
11-07-11, 12:25
You will like it if u prefer quiet environment rather than those noisy by the main road type of condos.

sttp
11-07-11, 19:55
I guess the place appeals to me as it's quiet and is near some family members.

ysyap
11-07-11, 20:05
I guess the place appeals to me as it's quiet and is near some family members.Well you have close proximity to family members which is already a super strong pull factor so you are just looking to see if there are undesirable things you have missed or additional pull factors to assure your more! :D It was within my consideration years back but I decided otherwise because it was pretty ex then but now its considered relatively cheap coz the price appreciation lags other projects. Quite ok development if you drive. :o

fclim
11-07-11, 23:42
Pros
1. Quiet
2. Bright, breezy.
3. Unblocked views.
4. Freehold.
5. Within 1km to Maris Stella. Within 2km to PLMGS.

Cons
1. No amenities anywhere within 500m. Need car.
2. Little Road quite dark and deserted at night. Weekends got foreign workers sitting around drinking beer at night. But, no major incidents so far.
3. MRT about 15 mins walk without shelter.
4. Facilities nothing to shout about. Function room tiny. Main pool okay, kids pool pathetic.

DC33_2008
12-07-11, 09:01
You may want to do your indepth homework before making a decision.
I guess the place appeals to me as it's quiet and is near some family members.

sttp
12-07-11, 09:29
Thanks for the advices. There're other factors to consider too. So far Oasis Garden has met my requirements so I guess I'll be making a decision soon.

12-07-11, 09:36
Thanks for the advices. There're other factors to consider too. So far Oasis Garden has met my requirements so I guess I'll be making a decision soon.

I think the plot at Bartley MRT when launched will push up prices of OG as it comes under spotlight.

sttp
12-07-11, 09:43
I think the plot at Bartley MRT when launched will push up prices of OG as it comes under spotlight.
I've heard about this news, Any idea what will be built and when?

ysyap
12-07-11, 09:49
I've heard about this news, Any idea what will be built and when?I'm also interested to know when but I guess nobody knows when except the developers themselves. With all the high prices, developer will be weird not to launch it soon. Must they wait till prices are clamped by KBW before they launch?:D

edwinleeap
12-07-11, 10:12
Pros:

Peaceful, tranquil theme
8 min walk to Bartley, 10 min walk to TaiSeng
Possible potential to appreciate as Bartely MRT site 99LH likely to launch above 1000psf
Central area, close to expressways, easy to reach CBD, east, AMK, Thomson etc
Within 1km to Cedar Pri and Maris Stella Pri
Unblocked and breezy

Cons:

Ammenities not nearby, need to walk
Night time can be a dimly lit walk to through Little Road

fclim
12-07-11, 10:55

Two sites actually. One already awarded in Apr 2011. Launch expected possibly Oct 2011. The other is a GLS at Mount Vernon Road to be launched for sale in Nov 2011.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-39.html
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-69a12.pdf

devilplate
12-07-11, 11:39
Pros:

Peaceful, tranquil theme
8 min walk to Bartley, 10 min walk to TaiSeng
Possible potential to appreciate as Bartely MRT site 99LH likely to launch above 1000psf
Central area, close to expressways, easy to reach CBD, east, AMK, Thomson etc
Within 1km to Cedar Pri and Maris Stella Pri
Unblocked and breezy

Cons:

Ammenities not nearby, need to walk
Night time can be a dimly lit walk to through Little Road
Hey...u sure can hit bartley mrt within 8mins? Brisk walking? I walked tgt wif the agt last time n took me 12-13mins! He showed me the shortcut oredi lor

Now tink bck i tink he showed me the way to tai seng bcoz he said bartlet mrt is further to walk!